Speaker 1: Big Bank and what it is scream you don't be on nothing, I be on okay, So let me ask you bring you big big facts.
Speaker 2: Visit the new website today Big factspod dot com line.
Speaker 1: From the Culture Lab and at others time for that Big Facts, Big Bank Baby j d J screen presenting today the one, the only, the family. Jazzy Fay has pulled up on us for a big fan.
Speaker 3: What's up with you? What's up with you?
Speaker 2: What's up mister oh boy, mister ladies, ladies and gentlemen, you're not turning to the red bas your truly Jazzy Fenzel Berkeny Obama, Luther King Junior Jackson five the first first time on Big Facts.
Speaker 1: Man where that comes from? What tell us the story? A little bit about that day when that happened? The ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: You know what really?
Speaker 2: I think over time? Uh well, initially, you know, like uh Teela, hey bather, m j G song, show up club, show up.
Speaker 3: The club.
Speaker 2: I wasn't tagging my music back then, and I was kind of like, you know, visiting I lived. And when we went and did the thing at swath House, the record was so big that we had to move to Texas. And that's that. Let me find out why a lot of Texans artists are so rich because they don't They don't have to leave because they they're very territory. So I could go, you know, say, for instance, let's say, okay, I'm in east Point. Everybody east Point don't go to Buckhead. Buckhead, don't go to Bankhead, Bakhead, don't go to uh the outside right And every time we pull out, like what you're doing over he almost gotta show or something. I was like, oh high, that's why once Slim Thug or Zero or or Buns they once they once they hit all of these little surrounding cities, it's trying to do another mixtape that's like going on at home. So so that being said, I was living in Atlanta, but I had to move there because we were doing shows every other day, so I said, I might as well just be there. I'm looking at them, caliber I was like, damn, you know what I'm saying. So okay, fast forward, the record blows up. They playing the record everywhere, no tag, so everybody down in Texas like I did that record record? I didn't really, I couldn't, you know. I had no waiting in the game yet, so I said, Damn, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta do something. I was watching James Brown Ladies and Gentlemen, there are seven Wonders of the World. You're about to witness the a I said, Damn, that was hard, ladies job starting. It just started from there. So then I just start adding, just start doing things. And I thought about you know, people like Teddy Riley that back in the day when he said yep yep, I said, everybody got a tag you know what I'm saying, Like, I was like, as far as uh, the generation right before this generation, one of the first ones to be tagging records.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think about it for real because I ain't even thinking about that. Where did shit come from? Tagging?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a brand. It was branding. It was like, you know, this is my ship.
Speaker 4: That made like they kind of started making the producer into the stars too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we made a superstar time because I was also in the video. Yeah, I'll be in videos and I ain't even produce the record. And I was like, damn, how do I live for myself? And then I also had relationships with people like Fat Cats, me and fat Cats, super Top. Yeah so but that yes, we have semi control over the So when it's time for Jazz and Fay to do its part, I only needn three folk seconds, come right to the thing, sprinkle, boom out of there. I might not even have to say nothing because my brand was already out there once they started seeing my face and seeing me pop in and they knowing the association day mm hmmm, Brandy.
Speaker 1: One thing we're gonna do today is you know, give you a flowerself you pop it. That's what we do with a legends here on big Facts. So where do we start? You already told us a little bit of some of the records you did, but you got and I've known this, but as a DJ, I looked at my sarad I'm like, oh ship, this figure records.
Speaker 3: Where are we gonna start? So where do we start? Like? Where do we start?
Speaker 1: What was your first major hit? Show showed up with the first major hit? That was your first plant too? Uh yeah, okay, wait wait wait was it?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm not sure if that was first or lsg uh Jailerbert, you know, keep sweating Na Gill or was it your sermon? I don't know, man, so many Man, it just you know how when it when it started going, boy turned into a flurry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy because I was never really one for a lot of accolades. You know what I'm saying. I just sitting up there looking at all my plaques and some of my plats over here over there. You know what I'm saying. I know how to go burn and get him again. I don't really want to sit down and look at all my plais until I feel like I'm ready to chill.
Speaker 3: I'm still going.
Speaker 2: I'm still going, Jack.
Speaker 1: Did you did you so in discovery like discovering artists one thing to produce for him? Did you did you discover an artist like Sierra? I know you did some some some type of situation like early on with Jeezi, Like tell us about some of the artists that you actually discovered not just produced.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think a lot of people know the Sierra story. I mean, you know, she was in a group uh called Hearsay, and she was you know, she wasn't really getting that just doing that group. She wasn't really happy. My boy A shout out t A. You know what I'm saying, Uh t A brought me over well, actually he came over to Dark I was recording it dark at the time. That was also Studio, which is now of course future studio now, but at the time it was Dallaus. So brought him over there, brought her over there. Uh man, let us sing from me, and that was history. I pulled her from the group.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: The group, I guess. I think the group thought they was coming in a situation with you. She was like because another girl in the group, her daddy thought she was to be the group. So yeah, we let them just, you know, I mean, do that thing. That was the only way it was gonna get him all over there. So we got him over there. And then you know, once I got heard the Sere Stewart l a Re l a Re was just head over heels and that was it. That was that. I mean, CEC was just automatically easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I had a lot of his what what what? What was the writer?
Speaker 3: We had Sean Garrett his Shotton with a lot of rights is that? What what?
Speaker 1: What's what's the writer that you that you know when you send it off, it's gonna come back, right. Who's a couple of them, like, when I send this off, it's gonna come back, it's gonna be platinum, A better chase.
Speaker 2: Fay. Okay. I mean, so sending.
Speaker 3: It off to a writer to write a reference, I don't do that. But then I don't.
Speaker 2: Send it off it. You know, I'm really I'm really kind of out school with it, you know, you know what I mean. That's I think that's one of the things that's that's stickler with me, you know, as far as you know, being married to a record or glued in. But you know, it's cool to collab and send things back and forth, you know what I mean, especially when people can't geographically be in the same place. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I guess what I'm saying is kind of like when T I two or whatever Jez shot it. When when you get with these people, you know it's going to happen. There's no doubt in your head. Man, Sierra is probably one of them.
Speaker 2: Ce Cee Dope Alia was dope rest her soul. That was crazy. Uh definitely working with working with uh with Static Static Major, that was crazy. You know, work with him was dope. A couple of people, Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: So what's the something, So what role did like Sean Geart play with Sierra Becau when he was on here, he was saying, like what he was saying, like that was what he was saying about him, Seer saying pop up.
Speaker 2: Saying, he said, did he write this song? So yeah, he wrote Goodies? Okay him and uh, he wrote goodies and we changed you know, well, my boy big Zach cookies. Yeah yeah, he changed changed it the Goodies. Okay, gear wrote it. It was cookies. You know what I'm saying is that shout out that yeah, Biga, you know about Big Zack shouted the love of green all that. You know what I'm saying, Uh, yeah, Big Zach he turned into the Goodies. Okay, Okay, you know I'm saying that. They gave him a whole lot of status about it. But you know, at the time, what's the name Alice had a record out called Milkshake.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, baby, you cannot put your cookie in Palaise's milkshake. Yeah, yeah, it's gotta be different. It can't be cookies. You just cannot be cookies. And Little John didn't like it at all. He hated it. But but I didn't like it. I just started, would it would be better record?
Speaker 3: You say you didn't like cookies or you didn't like the whole cookies.
Speaker 2: It just sounded it made it a little cheesy, but and cheesy is good sometimes, you know what I'm saying. But sometimes you just gotta, you know, take a little bit of that told somebody else. So Sierra being shot here and Sierra shout as dot man, if it wasn't as dot boy, I mean the CC thing he got, the cheezy trained one, you know, with the one two steps and just and just really gave him that, you know, that's the that was the one that was the one that just said. And it's crazy because when I sent the record to the label, they didn't like it. M M yeah, they didn't like the record. So guess what. I went to Patchwords and I had a whole bunch of CDs printed up, and we sat on the floor and bagged him up. That's back when we used to send out the fittings. Were sitting up there putting up little vouchers. We was doing that and we sent them out to all the DJs and they called back like, well, it's this record, what is this record that by this? Call him back talking about what did the service back of this record? I was like, yeah, yeah, that's the one that Jon didn't like.
Speaker 3: M hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you know how you used to deal with music leaking back and back then, because back then a lot of them And now I'm guilty of leaking some of it, not yours. But I'm just saying I used to like waking up and your ship don't leaked all over the streets of the internet and all that.
Speaker 2: It just depends, man, It depends on if it's ready to go, you know what I'm saying, If it ain't, if it ain't ready to go, if it ain't even you know, I mean I don't because sometimes records leak and the artists ain't clear on it. Because say, if you liak a record, okay, with Andre three thousand drake pulling out, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I don't know if you didn't work. Yeah, but the kids were together, but but yeah, I mean he wouldn't be yet, he'd be out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, since we're talking about like the women in the industry, and you know, like how you've worked your magic with so many of them, can you tell us in the viewers you Arianna umbrella story.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies and gentlemen, Ladies and gentlemen. Okay, Yeah, Well we were at I was at the Tricky Studio. I was at Yeah, shout Stewart, Shout our Mark Stewart, you know, giddy everybody over there at red Zone, Red Zone. Yeah, we were working together and they were working on British Spears, working on British Spears projects. So you know, of course, you know, Brittany was, you know, shaved her head off, She's gonna trooping kind of, you know, and everything, and they played the record for got finally got the team to listen to the record, and I think I might have heard her on like a call or heard about the call.
Speaker 6: And she was saying, yeah, yeah, great record, great record, but you know, I still need a Brittney record. I was like, she ain't gonna do the record, She's not going to record the record. So weeks went by, she hadn't recorded the record, hadn't recorded the record.
Speaker 2: La Reid had me in the studio with one of his other groups called Girl called Jane three Girl Group. We put out some records and we were sitting there and Karen Quak Karen Quack Who's was La Reed's right hand. You know at the time, she said, she was like, Chassy, you remember the girl Rihanna Palmer replay. I was like, yeah, yeah, I remember Rihanna. He said, well, listen, jay Z is buying her. He's putting the whole ranch behind her. Was like, so I go in there. I was like, so I closed the door. You know, everybody listening, and you know, this record is like the hot thing. You know, you got the hot record that's inside the camp, but it ain't got outside of the camp yet. So you know, we listened to the record. I played the record. She said, well I was gonna leave. She's like, oh my god, what is this. I'm like, listen, don't don't, don't talk to nobody about it right now. Take it back to Lane, play it for Lane and then called me back. La Read calls me back. He said, Jackie Night, where is where is Tricky Start? Where is Tricky the where is Mart Store? This record is ain't crowd out off? She said when she played the record, she just played it now us when when Jay was in the jigger was in the building. So he walked into the he walked into the office like that is that is that what I think it is? So yes, like because I already got my verse. He was like, I already got it. So he's like little clouds in my scone. He already had it. And so that's how the record that place.
Speaker 3: That's big. Yeah, that's your biggest record.
Speaker 2: That it wasn't my record. It's Tricky Stewart's.
Speaker 3: Record that you've been that you've been apart. Well, okay, you want to give it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, just.
Speaker 7: Walking through, Man, just walking through. Hey, Well it's not a Tricky Stewart shout out the dream. Yeah, in the beginning needs to be a lot of like Jesus he was about to sign showing up. What happened with that?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: What not?
Speaker 3: I say in the beginning Jesus early on his grill was like he was about to sign.
Speaker 2: What he did sign?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: He was signed? We were together. We were actually we went into L. A. Reed's office. Well I met Jez out, you know, just kicking and hanging out. I think I we pulled up seven forty five. You know what I'm saying, like, man, yeah, you know what I mean? Like he I'm like, man, what you do? He's like, man, rap I was like, you know rap, he said. Yeah, he said, man, Stip, tell me where your studio. Pull up on your studio, bring you some music. So he comes back here like he gave me like eight c ds. Eight CDs. Come shot with me, the Soft and the South in the Heart right, little.
Speaker 3: John passed right, Yeah he was, he was.
Speaker 2: I thought it was I got that CD.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: Little bit little yeah, because I got the necklace.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what the album cover looked like, but I remember what looked like it was splitting half because it's like one side had a lot of features on the side straight to you know what I'm saying. Whatever, So I passed all the CDs out amongst noontime, you know what I'm saying, no time, the crewis show enough and everybody, you know, I passed all the CDs out.
Speaker 3: So it was like, hey, right here, this is so hard.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, we're gonna were gonna care about this, you know what I'm saying, So shake shake, like hey, we got to take them to l A. We had to take we had to take them to New York. Bring off to New York. It's like all right, So we did a deal first. Then we went up to New York. It was me. It was Big Zach once again. UH coach k k K b uh Tina Davis was in the office, Kevin Lyles was there, Steve Bartows was there, Stain Dollar the crew. Jim Jones was next door because La Reeve was in his makeshift office. He hadn't moved all the way into death Gym yet. We played those records. He played a record he played I think he played what uh we getting money over here? What did do pivot? La Reid was like, Okay, they were really set on that being the record, the single, and so you know when when you got a crew y'all set on a single, we pretty much go in and were gonna get a single. Deal. We're gonna We're gonna be in the pitot. That's that was their thing. I guess they probably had in their head. La didn't. He didn't h didn't budge. He was not going to do the deal at that point. Mm hmm, shake, said Shakira. He said, bro play the records that you had, play the record. Big calls in the truck. I'm rich bitch. Hit the club teared up, I'm rich bitch. Nika l A hit the butter and all them people, I said, walked in the door. He said, hey, take it back. So you're sitting over there like damn, he said. He said, I want you to get up and do that song right now. And I told you, I said, man, when when uh La likes something, you go tell you to perform.
Speaker 3: He tell you to get up, you get up, perform.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, heah, you're gonna So he stood up. Man, I'll do it with you still right up there with him. We went through that record. La was like, oh my god, oh my sign up right there. Say man, get them, get them whatever they want to eat. They ain't leaving here. They ain't gonna be running through man having shopping deals today. We do in this deal right now.
Speaker 3: M hm hm.
Speaker 2: That's what Jim Jones walked in and looked at him, say, hey, Helmie, hey. When when Jim Jones walked in and hollered at us, he was he had a cape on because he was getting his haircut next door. He didn't really rock with l A like that. He didn't speak to him like that, and none of that. He walked in there in that in his office, in his meeting and you know, his eyes was like this because he's seeing the whole culture like coming in like he was like, oh my god, because you know Jim Jones, like he was the facilitator. He was out there. That was that was confirmation to l A. I see Jimmy, Jimmy remember he remember he was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what is what happened?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: So so y'all did it deal? Yeah? And what happened like he went on?
Speaker 2: We just separated. We just separated. It's just a difference, is you know what I'm saying. Different. You know, when you got a label that's self sufficient, they I mean, I still got my about mind. Oh yeah, that's what. It wasn't a jazzy fake show, you know what I'm saying. That's why when you hear stuff like uh, twist your fingers up, Bang bang Yo, you don't want to hear letty and gentlemen. That's too happy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But band, Yeah, I need that record.
Speaker 2: Bang. I brought in Tim, Tim and Scrappy. Scrappy had a K for the several just the wall, you know what I'm like. That was the first time I seen that in the studio, like a K forty seven. I mean, I just seen pistols, but I'm like a k for the seven lean up gets the wall to come be your worst. I was like, scrappy, really really don't want no problem.
Speaker 1: Up. Shout out the scrap I just come together with with nooney. Shouts nooney. Like so noontime is noonies and you will show enough. But y'all did a lot of collaborative work.
Speaker 2: Right man. Listen to one farmer shout out to one farmer. A farmer introduced me to know that you were at at at Dallas Austin studio. Why farmer pulled up on me and said, you know, we're already friends at Dallas. Of course family. Warren said, hey, man, it's these crew I had out showing up at the time. So he said, any of these dudes, man call noontime, you know, nooney Chris Ryan t R. And they was all over there at Houston's on Pea Street, they said. He said, man, they over there, they want to meet you. You know what I'm saying. So I said, I'll be bad then let's live. Let's meet with him. So I'm not I'm just thinking they want to buy some beach and something like that. So I came over there said, man, hey, man, I think dope noon. He was like, yo, I think the dope. He said, Man, I think you need to come over and you need to what you got where you're working at. I was like, man, I'll be working at Passwords like you ain't got a studio. I was like, man, people be booking me every day, bro, every day like he's booking you every day, like every day. He said, man, come to kid, come over here. You know what I'm saying. And then came over there he come Brian Michael Cox. Brian Michael Cox came a man and he was making beats. I've kind of giving him pointers on how to how to quantitize his beats and got to get it in the NPC and just make that thing just sing, And told him to watch that boy right there, it's Jada Walker. Jada Walker was producing everything. He was doing god Zilla soundtrack, Uh, no way out. He did the album all of that. I was like, because he was so in and out, he wasn't really around like that. And then Johntay Austin was there too, writing stuff Sweet Lady and all these records. I mean, you know what I'm saying then, you know, doing stuff like Survivor friend of Mine, Kelly Price, man, like when noon time was definitely I can't really name a bigger R and B production crew, R and B really urban production crew that was bigger and better as a team than the time. Yeah, Teddy Bishop as well. Yeah, pushing heads out of the.
Speaker 8: Crazy you think the all time go down in London, I'll do reducing out of it. Leaning, Damn all the time ago out of it?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 4: I was just getting ready to say that, I can't even I just said the goddamn shoulder other night, j D. I mean when Bro DJ DJ and his ship, Yeah, all classic that is you he got is Yeah, that nigga pushing them off out. Yeah he pushed that ship out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So who you think you would be like a good match within a versus.
Speaker 2: And a versus man, I don't even know. I'll tell me, I don't even think about stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I've talked about it before, but I never can before you've never thought about doing one, I mean not really.
Speaker 3: The energy of any fresh jazzy fav would be crazy, the energy.
Speaker 2: Energy I mean, I mean, but man, because so he just that's my such like my brother. And that's cool and it you know, for us to be against each other, but.
Speaker 3: Against though.
Speaker 2: You don't like I got a lot of R and B records too, Yeah, no, Like, how do you answer I don't want to be How do you answer cannot come home? How do you answer shut up?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 2: Fine? How do you answer those records with a rap? Orris?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Rap? I mean, no, no, shade in my brother.
Speaker 3: That's a good good that's a good perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it'll be fun. Yeah, as far as you know, you know, we got to turn them downs.
Speaker 3: So that what happened the time with Stunner, I think trying to buy like a.
Speaker 2: Man. That was a shout up the stunning man, shout out the Stunner and and shout out the many fresh for even saying, yesterner, that's some cool shit to do. Shout out to Greg Street down the street. You know what I'm saying. I just talked to Greg, so he's fresh.
Speaker 3: On my mind.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, hey, we forget me. You know what I'm saying. What you need to do, that's what y'all need to do. What you need to do. No thrill though he brought Stunner over to noontime. I'm looking on the camera. You know what I'm saying. I see that. I see this car rocking back and forth because it's a tight little corner, right. So it's the purple Pt Cruiser. The purple Pt Cruiser come to the back over there, nine fifty seven over there on Marietta with Neo Addison as well. And so we were sitting there. He comes stunner. I don't think I knew no streetness he was coming. I got some fun. So he pulls up stunner, hop out I think he was. He had Cadillac with him and somebody else with him. I Boy, how Boy was with him. And then uh uh, I say, say, brod you you over here doing records? In five minutes He's like yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying that it ain't nothing. He's like, hey, hold one see. He said, man, I need to make maybe some records. Give me one hold on hold one second. Brother got to take this call. So he took a call. So I said, perfect time to make a record. Boom. So I made some record for them. I think it was on the rocks or something. No, no, I think it was the record. I can't remember I think it was on the Rocks, sach a record call on the Rocks. But he came back in. He was like, say what is that? I was like, man, is something I did? You know? You say when you do that? It's like when he was on the phone, He's like, neighhood, give me another one. Then we came back. I think we came up with gainst his pills. Maybe I don't know. Yeah, he was like, man, come on, I'm doing fifty song. I want to do fifty song.
Speaker 3: Deal with you.
Speaker 2: I want to sign you the gas one and said that way. You know, I'm already with Nonie. You know. But me and Nonie never had a contract. We never had a contract. It was just brothers, you know what I'm saying. That's all it was. We was like, man, we do a deal. We do a deal. You know it is you get your like your mind mhm.
Speaker 1: Is anybody you regret that you haven't Maybe that passed away, that you didn't get a chance to work with that you like, baby was passing by, Like we got to get in, We got to get in, But they might have passed away before you got a chance to work with them.
Speaker 2: Friends. I mean, I don't really have to do it. I mean, I really like that. I mean it was it was great working with a lot of people like I had a lot of people that I worked with once like MO three Man, work with MO three that was that was dope. Three was really dope, young greatness, even rich Home. You know, you know what I'm saying. Damn, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That's crazy, that's wow, man. You know, shout out to them, man, piece of recipes of the families, Man, big shout out to Dave Man. You know what I'm saying, It's crazy because I didn't even I didn't know, you know, what was going on. I didn't know nothing about that. You know what I'm saying. And then I condoled it to you and your family and all of y'all. You know what I'm saying. For real man, anybody, anybody who who you know lost somebody, Man, that's a that's a that's a peal of swallows to somebody. Got to learn how to live with you know. Yeah there, man, My heart is with you, y'a always.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: So you got something that you want to tell us about the Memphis Music Hall of Fame, Oh.
Speaker 2: Memphis Music shout out Memphis Man, Memphis Music Hall of Fame. I was just indebted to the Memphis Music Hall of Fame. You know, a lot of people don't know, but I'm from Memphis. I'm from Memphis because I originally, yes, originally, and because I've been in Atlanta most of a lot of y'all's lives. You know what I'm saying. I've been here since ninety five. You know what I'm saying. And it's crazy because I moved to Atlanta just to meet we go Wait. I wanted to we wait and I want to design the organized norms. Hey man, I'll be againting man, hey man.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I saw it, pulls up on Rick. I talked to kool Aid, shout out the kool aid something. You know what I'm saying, pull up on kool Aid. So he was at at UH at Bosstown at the time. It was Bosstown, that was before it was stink on you. I walked in. We're in the first room. You know when you walk straight in be lying to the to the first room, and right there on the left, well, Drake did the whole damn near.
Speaker 3: Now the the love bloves.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Uh, that's that's a big, big flex. Hey, but I'm on that album. But but anyway, I walked in there and they it's like niggas laying on the floor, niggas over here, the niggas shirts off Hot Hot does here about a thousand Dungeon family negroes in there, just laying everywhere. And all I hear is what you ne could do about the dirt, about the dirt that was recording Dirty South. They were recording Dirty South, and I think, uh Cool Breeze was working on his verse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying in there, you know what I'm saying, sweating hearts. He had no shirt on, drinking mg D. You know, no we in there, man, And I was like, ooh, this ain't the right time to be trying to play my demo. So I man, I'm saying I didn't. I never had a chance to really play my stuff for a week like that, you know. But by the grace of God, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, but he always loved me, man. Yeah, I know req when he was dancing, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He was dancing. I think that he was dancing with this dude. Man, what that dude name man. I can't remember his name, damn. Anyway, Yeah, Rick was dancing. He was dancing with somebody. I was on the road. I had called the Fulcoholics back in the day.
Speaker 4: Hello, you been doing the music man since man ninety one, so before you moved to Elant music there, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: A record deal with Electric.
Speaker 4: Records career yeap, which he was an artist, yep. Okay, jadget physical and you wanted. I wasn't jadget Fair at the time.
Speaker 2: I was failing. Don't go looking for that.
Speaker 3: Cool sailing.
Speaker 2: Don't start posting that. Yeah. T Paine already had left the cat out of the band. I was today years Oh you know I was today years old when I found this. I need to be training for this.
Speaker 3: So you've been at this ship. Yeah, this is your dream person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you know I wanted. I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to be an artist. See this is a perfect example of taking off and shooting for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll be amongst the stars. You know what I'm saying. So people do not get caught up with where you're trying to go. Just enjoy the journey. Just enjoy the journey, and a lot of people got to understand that ninety eight percent of the people in the music business don't even do music. When you walk in def Jam Records or Arista Records, any record company, you're escorted around you one person, a three man, four man group, whatever it is, you're going to meet about forty to fifty people that day when you come to the lanky really do music right that they? I mean, all they do is facilitate you. That's all they do. So get in there and make something happen, and then you know, just keep on walking to your purpose. I said, I just told my brother today. A lot of people get caught up in rolls. They get caught up in rolls. I wanted to be an artist, but God wanted me to be a producer. Hedie Murphy, what he played? How many roles, how many roles he play in the movie. But what's the purpose? The purpose? I'm trying to make y'all laugh. I'm trying to make y'all excited.
Speaker 3: Make a great movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We're gonna make a great movie. We're gonna make a living for our family. We're gonna change some zip codes. We're gonna change some addresses, you know what I'm talking about. We're gonna feed some families.
Speaker 3: So while you, oh, so you feel like once you got on, you why you just ain't trying to, like do an.
Speaker 2: Album and some ship. I mean, it ain't like I didn't try. Look and me and Selo had a whole album ready did it go? So me and Selo we have we have put out the song happy. I don't remember that. Hey, let's go have some dream album comes apart. That was the first single for our album. Then in the eleventh hour, right before we getting ready to because we finished the album. The album is done, it's still done. Then he got with Danger Mouse and then they did a song crazy. I remember when I remember Nigga if y'all don't put that record out? Yeah, because I'm a producer. First they were like, may we're gonna do this app No, y'all not drop that now because we might got some records, but we ain't got that. Man gone man gone to that bro. Yeah, yeah, yeah, shout out the sugar low Man Sea low Man Sea low Green. One of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: Man, that's sure. Yes, So I've just been so curious about this.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of infascinated abot the thought of it having all of those hits and all those records in your catalog if you haven't already, would you sell that ship? Because you know a lot of people, would you sell your catalog for for one of them? Fifty yours?
Speaker 2: The nixt contesting on the price is right, the p when you get to a certain age, it's all about the number. It's all about the numbers. Okay, So you have to project, right, how long am I gonna live? Okay? Okay, over in my fifty range, you know what I'm saying. So if like what I'm gonna make music? What how much longer?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Again, like so you got to think from quarter to quarter, add up the numbers, and they talking about quadrupling those numbers. Give me that.
Speaker 3: And I'm just trying to understand.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I've been fascinated with it because I've talked to some creators that was like, I would never sell my work.
Speaker 2: And I told you earlier and that I don't get sentimental. I ain't my business business about no music man for what m hmm, Yeah, you don't even nail to the ground. Mm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a moving organisms in the air.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Wait what I mean? What you what you what you're doing? You're looking at it?
Speaker 3: What you're doing, spend the money. I'm with you, Yeah, because you don't have the.
Speaker 2: The connects, you don't have the bandwidth to do what those people do with it. They know how to do. They know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They know how to go get some money else thinking you over there.
Speaker 2: Hurt, you can sell it and change your whole family's life. Oh gonna make a great, great investment, caredfully, that's what you're doing. You don't go to Vegas, so you'll put it on the box, throw it all in the room. Black y'allsstad swimming in in.
Speaker 4: Who's some of the people you look at like in this new generation of music, like nah, he dope, I.
Speaker 2: Love Metro, Metro woman is dope, I love Yes yeah, yeah yeah, shout out to you, yes young, I love young yeah uh. And you know how you know when people struggle, like and you know his you know what he went through, you know was his mom and just you know, just hot guy, just bless you on the whole. An other side, he's a good man. You know, think of a person on deserving him. You know, you know somebody like that. Uh. I love zay To.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Producers, producers, producers like yeah, oh my brother, my brother gassing the artists. Y'all don't know him, but my brother Jovanna Wan over there, get Man, trap stars man, and we were doing inspirational music man, changing lives. Man, it's cold, it's cold, Jack, We're producing some great music. You're gonna head it too.
Speaker 3: You feel like you you feel like you want focus on like that type of music now or what like what what? What's what?
Speaker 2: You feel like you want your next run of music to be. It's kind of like, you know, the game is so different now, bro, you kind of you know, uh, it's kind of you gravitate to what gravitate to? You? You feel me because I can do it all. I mean, if if blanc o'brown or Travis Scott or whoever want to come do some music, let's go do some music. Let's just do some music. Man, Let's do something ready to be not twaining. You know what I'm saying Brooks. I don't know, move your massh up whatever, I'm ready to get to it. You always got sentence. So what you got?
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 2: What what's next?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What you got? I say, you got the headphones? You got?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got the headphones. You know what I'm saying, shout out astrom Uh. You know, Jazzy fay Day, Jazzy Fay Day in Atlanta, come around ja in Atlanta officially Jazzy Fay Day on October twenty sixth every year. You know what I'm saying. You know, and I know you know a lot of people that knew that I wasn't born in Atlanta, had a lot of reservations. But then I look at all of those people that had something to say. I was like, nig I did over them city than you did. Don't you hate that? My niggas just got something to say?
Speaker 3: But what did you do?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what did you do? Right? What you think they gonna say when you get to when you get to heaven, what you said? No, what did you do?
Speaker 3: In fact, fact, we.
Speaker 2: Traveled as a road seldom traveled by the multitude. It ain't a lot of people that travel this road. How many parties. I missed going and be in that box one hundred and seventy million. So no, man, that's monstrous. And I hate when people try to you know what I'm saying. So you gotta get on big facts and tell the truth. Huh. The truth is I kicked a whole lot of ads. I kicked a whole lot of it.
Speaker 3: But I was too nice.
Speaker 2: I was very nice, very nice, and you mean what you mean by nice nice because a lot of people didn't shout me out, and all I needed was credit. A lot of people didn't realize a lot of these a lot of these cats, man.
Speaker 3: Like all you had to do is say something, Yeah, we heard that a lot, just.
Speaker 2: Say something. Everybody wanted the credit. Like they just jumped up and was like, I'm lick. You ain't just getting lit by yourself food. Somebody let you up. But see the thing is, the algorithms and things like that is changing, and your truth is gonna find you. It's going to find you. You're going to have to answer to that. You have to answer to that. And that's what's happening right now. I think, you know, it's just trying to talk about it.
Speaker 4: He said, you're saying like the truth, that's what you're saying, like the truth finding niggas it is, Yeah, it is the truth, and it set you're free too.
Speaker 2: Man. It's like it's like something that you be wanting to say, and you be trying to be what I say, be nice. You be trying to be like, okay, I know such such that had. I'm like, you know, you go go look at how long interviews be, Like when you see a post. I'm like, you mean to tell me this nigga talk for two hours and forty five minutes and then say nothing about me? Who a nigga? You feel like a lot of people, a lot who name one? I don't say who did you like that? I don't do that, not being to being nice, but you just don't and I say yeah or no. But you know there is because it's like you're picking on somebody. If my name, I mean, I got one hundred and seventy million reconsolet and I picked show blow. That's yes, like you don't like me, Yeah, I just don't like what you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you you others feel like we may imagine together and you know this this game is about who did what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: When you want people to know I did that.
Speaker 2: I change your circumstance. I changed your life. You was living you was you was destined for jail or hell, some of y'all come on brouh and somebody came in man, and God, through God, you got a whole lease on life. Come on, bro, you can't mention that, Nigga. That's terrible. That's like me not shouting out my mama when I go win the war. I couldn't have did it without my mother. Shut off, Mom, shout off. Yeah. I love y'all. Man, Denis and James, how about that.
Speaker 3: Damn man, it's called a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh yes, no, I guess you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would be kind of messaging to be like such and sup.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, man, what what you.
Speaker 2: Got bring now? I'm just thinking about just a lot of ship. Like you know what I'm saying. You just said you be being so light, you been being nice, so I was. I mean, I'm just giving you a prequel of what's to come, you know what I'm saying. Because you see, I'm selling stuff. I'm selling headphones, all these glasses by the way, all my face shout off. Vintage frames coming soon, you know what I'm saying. Oh, you know what I'm saying. Y'all been seeing me walk the frames for a long time, and I know you might have seen them on me in the past, like when you saw the red ones in the past, the red ones that I had, the red ones that I gave Sea long that even though those were painted, they never existed. These goliaps never existed till now they will. People ask about them all the time, so I had to put them off. They ain't't going my outfit when they do.
Speaker 1: Though. Yeah, it's always important to talk about, you know, the accomplishments, you know what I'm saying, and the blessings God has sent you and everything. But I feel like it's equally as important to talk about, you know, if you ever have rough patches on the journey for other people out there going through the rough patches. So can you recall a time when you was kind of like maybe doubting, you know, continuing music, having a rough patch, or just having a hard time?
Speaker 3: Can you recall that in your journey right.
Speaker 2: There right there? I think it was rough around that time. You know, when the games start changing, you know what I'm saying. Aims started changing and it got a little more, you know, with the birabl kids jumping around, dancing.
Speaker 3: And doing anything. You know.
Speaker 2: I was working, and of course I think we did. We did the Young Greatness record. I was over there with QC over there to do with Kicking Flavor with Coach Kate, right so, and I seen him doing this thing with Yati and I was like, okay, you know you're doing making some move, real big moves and this thing. So I asked a couple of questions. I was like, man, what you think, bro? He said, I've been watching your page. He said, Man, what about them kids that you got. I was having I was having a tough time at the time, and he said, man, what about them kids that you got that you be posting all the time? Dancing interview? Yeah yeah, he said, yeah, he said many they're the ones that I paid to do this, this, this, and that. He said, look at the numbers. He was showing me the numbers and everything that they danced on was like twenty million, fifty. The man. I was like, whoa on YouTube? I was like, oh, so yeah, pan, But it's like, you know what I'm saying. So I said, call them up, what y'all doing? And it was they was upset. They was like, yo, man, these dudes man, they took our songs. And then what I'm calling you. Remember they're doing a little dance and they do the reverse and he's like, man, they stole I moved the reverse. I was like, okay, So I called court. I looked at it. I was like can I'm like the dude that store they moved. Man had six thousand views on on on YouTube. So I said, let's make a song. It's called in reverse. Boom. We make in Reverse. Made the song sixty million views. Yeah writing no that I think that was twenty five me. But that's like out of nowhere, you know what I'm saying. But they would have seen they had their little mask on with the pandemic. They seen them everywhere. Remember, so like everybody going crazy over that little song Boom. So so my boy Blessed comes in being blessed. So he said, man, got this beat. He was like, man, we want to talk about our rolexes. We want to talk about rolet. We always wanted a rolex. And then Little Tale was like Ao and Tayl. They were like y'all want to do a song about roles. I just wanted with a tabble ranch. I was like, okay, then we just got in there. I was like yeah, it was like, yigh, that's for it. Yeah, put it down, went crazy, super crazy, and I was back. But you know what, how many people, you know, man, gonna be pushing forty some years old, gonna go and do a song like that and you couldn't even you can't even do a kid party with the record. And I mean they don't play it. Probably want two or three times? They played six, seven, eight times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you would have been there. Yea been there.
Speaker 2: That's me, bro, that's me and them kids doing that, you know what I'm saying. So it's just once again, not really thinking about you know, your role. It's all about thinking about purpose, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's the win. Yeah. So mm hmm that's what it is. When is wing Bak what twenty twenty five look.
Speaker 1: Like for you?
Speaker 2: What you have?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a big year of commerce, big commerce? Yeah right, we hold you we might we.
Speaker 2: Might have one of those.
Speaker 3: Okay, it'll be on Billboard. Okay, it don't be.
Speaker 2: I might put it on a billboard. I'm moving out of the city. I'm still being the city. I love the city. Man, have been good to me, brother, Yeah, yeah, man, it means so. So what you said one hundred and five means so something like that. You would take who's count?
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: People will call you and just tell you what the numbers are. I'm like, okay, yeah, all right, man.
Speaker 1: Did you ever do a pub deal? You always kept it like solo do as a producer, you a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had nothing too crazy, but you know, just a little something just to you know, they give it out some money.
Speaker 1: Man, what would you tell young producers do now though? Because some some something, Yeah, someone complain about the pub dudes like.
Speaker 2: Get your get your weight down. You know what I'm saying, get your get your way there because a lot of producers, a lot of these young producers are making beats and they think they producers. You know what I'm saying. And here's my analogy. Right, If I take a Porsche car, I take the Porsche Cayenne, the new Cayenne twenty twenty five, and I go and sit it on the curve. That ain't that ain't the Cayenne truck. That's just the Cayenne frame. Who does all the engine work in battery, the lights, that the or the recopinion, everything else that goes with that car. If you're not there from inception to conception, don't get mad when somebody get on top of your record and say this is a Johnny Fizzle productions because I went in and facilitated that for you. You ain't seen DJ Keller go in there and make no beats. You ain't seen hit Maker go in there and make no beats. You ain't seen p the ain't gonna make no beats.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when I come and facilitate something like I said once again, they get mixed up with the role. They think Jesse if they supposed to be typing on beat. No, I'm producer. I come from Quincy Jones in them. If I got something to do with it, my name going on it and I'm saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I earn that.
Speaker 2: But if you make the play without me, then I won't be a.
Speaker 1: Part of you think You think that stuff. You think it's stopping a lot of music from being tireless. The fact that it's not so personal no more, whether it's producer, writer, or facilitated.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, And everybody's so busy trying to go sample something. Who can find a best sample? Oh my god, I just sampled this sample that people call me every other day wanting me to take part in a record that I already made.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well you know when back did one of the old records that made it big.
Speaker 3: So you said you wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I asked the question, does three six? I asked the question.
Speaker 3: I asked you, does three six do it?
Speaker 2: Three six? Do what?
Speaker 1: They let people sample this ship and then kind of be a part of the part of the records.
Speaker 3: Again. Sometimes I think I think I might be wrong.
Speaker 2: Was it bigger?
Speaker 3: It might have worked for the time, the current time, for the current generation.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just say that Drake ship Drake uh pat Yeah, Yeah, that's like a pet.
Speaker 2: Sample a little bit, right, Was it a sip? He's just on the record.
Speaker 3: It was that sound like, yeah, definitely a three sound you know what I'm saying. Well, yeah, yeah, that's the difference.
Speaker 2: Said, the game is built on three six sounds? Right now? Yeah, Mafia sound shout out mafia. You know what I'm saying. Three six montha three six Manthfield was the first UH crew that I was able to walk in and actually see a check sitting on the desk and say, damn, these niggas making some money. You know what I'm saying. Because my dad used to work and select those hits and Tennessee over there, and so I would be right in there, in there with Johnny Phillips. Johnny Phillips had selecto hits, so he's still to this day. There's a lot of things hepnotized. Minds man. The boys had like eight nine checks sitting up there to just waiting two hundred thousand. Bang, you can make this.
Speaker 3: Kind of money.
Speaker 2: So that was that was. That was like in ninety one school, you know what I'm saying. So I'm boy making money in a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And cult following, you know what I'm saying. With the with with the little UH, the cloak and that that that whole and seeing that they had a different follower mm hmm, different follow Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like you said, a lot of people still they still sampling and three six ships, like the sound.
Speaker 3: Sound said, they clear record every week.
Speaker 2: Every other day. Yeah, record I just got a record clear with my sample and they sample.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm yeah. Man, yeah yeah, they had them hits, they had the culture. Yeah yeah, what's next? Man?
Speaker 2: Like I said, Man, I mean shoot jacket over the collective. You know what I'm saying. Platform. Yeah, it's a platform. It's it's digital distribution, online distribution. It's called collective. Were talking and you know you're going on a distribution. Uh, you subscribe. You can also get you can get life insurance, health insurance and all of that big inside of it, you know what I mean. So shout out to Collective. I'll give you a lot of you know, schematics or whatever so you can tag them. You know what I mean. Collective. It's gonna be real big. I think it's the way for the future. We've got everybody got to have a platform. In fact, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's what time it is. And shout out to the Trap Stars, Vanda one in the building, Wanda one in the Trap Stars, Talent revolving around purpose. That's the trap, that's the new trapping. You know what I'm saying. We also up for Grammy Nods. Shout out to them for that. Shout out to Eric Bellinger also up for Grammy uh Young Bellinger. You know what I'm saying, New new Globe coming. So all was out right now? Yeah? Yeah, yeah it's out. Yeah. That's that's big globrig crazy, big glogo crazy. Cardia flying there with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not much. Continue to sus you man. We will be waiting on our package as promised. It's some shade, some headphones, whatever else.
Speaker 2: You got us. Jazzy Day, I'm going to be what what is it, dame.
Speaker 3: We'll figured it out, but just get a date so they'll know.
Speaker 2: Every year. Every year, October the twenty sixth in Atlanta, Georgia is Jazzy Frey Day. We're also I'm doing a concert that you at the City Winery on the twenty eight It's gonna be real big City Winery. We're doing a tribute to the stars. You know what I'm saying. I'm saluting Temptations, Al Greene Baker, Frankie Beverly. Oh yeah, you gotta do that. Okay, listen, shout out to the whole Beverly family.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Everybody over there, man, stay see everybody over there, Beverly family. We've been man, we've been down for since day one.
Speaker 4: Man, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the barcades. You know my daddy want to know which no barcades you know, yes, Sir Stacks, everybody.
Speaker 1: Big shouts out the Jazzy Fay pulling up the big facts checking big factspod dot com. We appreciate you, Jazzy So the street it's big
Speaker 2: Facts, no Captain bit