Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is February fourth, twenty twenty five, and we are officially seventy nine days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And as we were.
Speaker 2: Out in Mobile, Alabama last week, and as we were scouting the Shrine Bowl up here in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, I saw one common theme among the YouTube comments across the way. We could have been interviewing Mike Green of Marshall, could have been interviewing Ollie Gordon of Oklahoma State, or even Tess Johnson from Oregon. And the one thing that we were told on that YouTube comment is where the hell is watch Lombardi here?
Speaker 3: He is. I am It's just you and me today.
Speaker 4: I am incredibly I am incredibly grateful. You know that my YouTube audience carries over and but y'all can't be mean to the people that own the house like we guess, you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't think they were mean and sometimes they sometime they hooligans and they get out of it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't read a comment, but I value my mental health, so I don't read as many comments as I should. But as long as it's an honor and a privilege to do this, you know what I'm saying. So I just don't want the audience be like da da da da da dada, And I'm like, hey, I don't feel that way.
Speaker 5: I love doing this, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So shouts out to the draft show, shoutside to everybody that's watching, whether you're from the audience, and whether I'm new to you or not appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the thing. We love having you on here. And it was Nick Harris that pointed it out. He's like, yeah, man, it's like we were we were interviewing Jack Kaiser from Notre Dame and I was looking at the YouTube comments and was like, why is watch not in mobile He's doing shrine bowls Because I was, I was doing other stuff on the way. We got to divide and conquer up here, which is what's happening this week, dividing and conquering. They could have had their own draft show out on radio road, and who knows, maybe Brian will trying to hop on a headset sometime soon. But Brian, Zach, Tommy, Nick, and Bobby are all in New Orleans for the Super Bowl and then Fox and I are back here holding it down with Chris Beam in the back. So glad you're with us. We're gonna take a lot of questions and a lot of calls today because it's an opportunity for us to kind of talk about what happened last week. Big week for the first step in the scouting process, in the NFL draft process, but there's also kind of becoming a point where everyone's starting to know these prospects and know these names across the way. Going back to your coverage last week of the Shrine Bowl, watching the Senior Bowl practices, what was one thing that stood out to you?
Speaker 4: So the best thing about it, right is that is two different bowl settings.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Senior Bowl is mostly like, okay, you got some top one hundred, it's some one to fifty guys and a couple lovers in there. The Shrine Bowl is like the top three hundred, to So those are the gyms and they're fighting to get into that one fit and none against them because they have some guys like like Brock Purdy emerged from that group of guys, right, somebody has to emerge from that group of Day three guys. Right, So what you have is you got to do. I think the Shrine Bowl, the Shrine Bowl guys, I think they're a lot more hungry because I think that they're, you know, fighting for their football life, so to speak. Right, I think if you look at you know, Senior bowling. Look, the Senior Bowl is a fantastic two. Also, Mike Green knows he's getting drafted high. You know, Walter Nolan knows he's getting drafted high. But there's some guys like Nick Nash, wide receiver San Jose State, right, he don't know what his football future looks like. So you see him going to extra mile to make some of these players. And we'll even look at you know, you know, sometimes these guys won't even playing the you know, the bowl game.
Speaker 5: Damn near everybody's playing in the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 3: Dash did not play in his bowl game.
Speaker 2: He was in the Hawaii Bowl against South Florida four days before they ended up playing that game, he pulled out and said, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To get ready for the NFL draft process.
Speaker 2: Here is in Denton, Texas and then Arlington, Texas showing out for the Frime Bowl.
Speaker 5: So it's a different level of you know, grit with you know, with those guys.
Speaker 3: But I learned a lot.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes you walk in and you go all right, let's you know, we know who you are, Like we know who I keep saying Mike Green because he's the hot name now, you know. And now we're talking about Mike Green at twelve overall, And maybe we got a story one day about how I been getting fought on social media. Is about not taking running back of wide receiver. Will across that road later. But there were some situations right like we'll look at Deon Walker. I'm like, all right, Dean Walker, this is your opportunity. If you got one chance, mom Spaghetti, just go out there and whoop somebody. But he I don't know if he took advantage of his opportunities and it wasn't super impressed. I don't know if he took advantage of it. The film is still incredible, for sure. His film is still great. But what he did in Mobile was not in my opinion, So you have to you have to wait, and you have to you know, all right, do I lean on these five games or so that I've watched these five or six real football games that I watched, or this handful of days of bowl practice that I saw, So you have to weigh that. But I think there that you got to ask, like even small questions.
Speaker 3: Like TJ.
Speaker 4: Sanders was a guy South Carolina d tackle. I was like, Okay, I know he's an athlete, but is he strong? And he'll go out there in the bowl practice just run down the mill of somebody and bull rist the hell out of these.
Speaker 3: I said, Oh, cool, you're strong than I thought.
Speaker 4: Or at the Shrine Bowl, right I was there with wool Chuck and Chris Paul linebacker from Old Miss. I was like, you really good versus run Sarah, But I want to see you in coverage. And I saw him get to go cover people and he was better than I better than I thought in coverage. So I learned a lot from these bowl games.
Speaker 2: You're taking bits and pieces of the prospect that you had already evaluated, and you either elevate or decrease what you thought about them initially, and so I thought a good example of that is Baron Surrell, had rusher out of Texas or probably a day early day three book round, maybe a fourth round guy initially comes out there and he was dominant off the edge, just as impressive, maybe not as impressive as a Mike Green, but just as impressive as some of the other edg rushers that were out there. He's maybe in the day too conversation now of what he brought to the table. Thought he was a speed rusher at Texas. It's some things quick off the line of scrimmage. Never saw that length and able to extend, able to set the edge, never really saw a lot of that. He did it all week long, consistently immobile. And that's from a practice standpoint. But these practices aren't just practices and games for these guys.
Speaker 4: And that helped him even more because he's in his rotating system right also princely ooh maman, yelling yes, yelling edge from old miss Right. He doesn't play all the first downs, Like if you watch film, you just turned the film on, he's not out there first down You're like, hey, where's he at? I'm watching film and this guy I see number fifteen, I see you know, ninety two, And although I see all these where's where's Princely at? But man, he will walk out there on third down with with his chest all being and you go, okay, well, there he goes, and he's whooping somebody immediately pass.
Speaker 6: You go.
Speaker 4: That's why you out there on third down, right, you watching him? You go, all right, this is what more reps look like for you. Because he may only have twenty reps in the game. You know, some of these other guys, you know, they only have so many reps. So yeah, they have an opportunity, pardon me, they have an opportunity to go out there and play more. And most importantly, can you play somewhere that you normally don't play. Princely played in bgaps sometimes and it was terrible, like, hey, man, don't put Princely through that. Princely begat the war. I keep going back to Mike Grings. He's such a hot name here. Some of the questions that he was having was like his size, right, like like did he look big enough? And I think he measured great, looked big, looked a little more swollen. It doesn't hurts you to run down the middle of Connerley, who's another first round picked the left tackle from Oregon, to just run down the mill and make a highlight out of him. So, you know, I think, I think Senior Bowl is where these guys either make or lose a lot of money.
Speaker 3: And I was, I was.
Speaker 4: I was shocked at the guys that made so much of it and just one of you know, one or two practices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought another name that you could throw out there, And I've got an article on Dallas Cowboys dot com right now. It's called high five Rising Stocks from the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowls. So I've got five players from the Shrine Bowl, five players from the Senior Bowl that I really thought stood out throughout the week of practice and end of the game. And one of the highlighted players was Jack Besh, wide receiver for TCU. I brought him up on maybe the first or second episode this year because we were talking about Savion Williams, who didn't end up participating, and I was kind of hopeful to see each Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been a big day for a big week for him.
Speaker 2: Besch comes in and kind of took over that and maybe it was just the purple TCU helmet or the story that was around him wearing his brother's number seven, Tiger Besh, who unfortunately passed away in that New Orleans terrorist attack about a month ago.
Speaker 3: He was honoring his brother. Catches the couple.
Speaker 2: He was the leading receiver in the game first off, had what four catches for forty three yards, had a great week of practice leading into that, and he capped off the entire week by catching a touchdown pass. I know a lot of this is x's and o's and like you said, putting guys in specific situations to challenge what they've seen on tape, challenge what they've done in games previously, but this also is a chance to get to know the player. And I thought he made money off the field just as just as much as he made money on the field. Overcoming adversity, showing his mental fortitude of mental toughness in order to have the week that he did. It was really an impressive thing. I think there are a couple of times in the Senior Bowl process where we'll go back and we'll say, Wow, that was special. Aaron Donald's one that sticks out to me. Dak Prescott's another one. In twenty sixteen, Dak Prescott had a special week in Mobile. Justin Herbert in twenty twenty as well had a great week and Mobile ended up being a top whatever pick, top five, top ten pick in his own right. I thought, what Jack besch this did this week was as close to being special as anybody else on the Senior Bowl roster. And it was really cool to see both on and off the field. Because his ex'es and o's. He was good deep ball threat, high catch point, high catch radius. He was able to show some physicality, which I didn't think he showed a ton of during his tape at TCU. Now he can kind of rely on that and say I did this against some of the better corners in the league.
Speaker 4: It's so funny that you say that. I was just having to talk with my audience there. You know, I always say this team suck at drafting, right. I always say, hey, team, you know, guys fall down the board way more than they should, Guys rise up way more than they should. I have a theory that that exists because coaches fall in love with the guy, you know what I mean. Coaches talk to these guys and they fall in love and they just boost them up real high. I don't think that of Besch. I think highly of Besch. Besch is my first round, my first round two, my number one round.
Speaker 2: Two wide receiver. You have him in the second I got him in the second round. See, I have him high third right now. And that's even more so than what I had when I brought him up in the first place. I had him as a high four. What he did this week gave me a third round kick.
Speaker 4: He does all the things that I like, Like, you know, if you have size and length and catch rats, but you're also a route runner. And one day we're going to have a conversation if we're ever running low one content. You know, what is a dark friendly wide receiver?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, what kind of wide receivers do you think Dak likes? Not what we think of Dak friendly wide receiver is right, But does he want those guys to make tough catches in these tight windows or does he want somebody that's going to run routes and get wide open? Does he actually want a big speed guy. We just don't really use it in that way. One day we're gonna have to figure that out. And we got new coaches here, and I imagine that Dak, you know, took another leap up the you know, totem pole with this coaching change or whatever. So I wonder if if Dak is gonna get in somebody's ear, like, hey, I want this kind of guy. And we don't get a whole bunch of Jack Besh's in here, you know, we we we we get a bunch of slide dudes, a lot to move around guys, and some exes here or there.
Speaker 3: But like an ex.
Speaker 4: Big body, you know, route running a little bit of yet guy, we haven't gotten it before. So if he's if he's there at forty four, I'm taking y'all the Golden Corral.
Speaker 5: If we can get him. That's a little high for you, it seems like.
Speaker 2: But forty four okay there and there may be other receivers there. I think this is a receiver he he drafted in the second in the third round.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: This is not a high end other than maybe a Tetorola McMillan from our Arizona.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know we've got some of those other names, like a Mika book up at the top that you kind of are interested in Tess Johnson, Trey Harris, guys like, yeah, you think Tess is in that mix? Now you think he's a first round ish. I still think he's in that jumbled mix of guys in the second, third, fourth rounds as well. Ted ten to see a run at like thirty eighth. Sure it's gonna happen at thirty eight thirty nine, and guys are going to just run off the board at wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I think we're going to get a wide receiver run right around that time thirty five, thirty six, thirty eight. But I also think we're going to have another run at like six. Do you think so? I think it's going to be a round. I think it's going to be a run at six. And that's what I've been on YouTube kind of and just fighting guys about it, Like we have to be prepared for the idea that your favorite wide receiver may not may not be there, so we have to learn how to pivot. I think somebody's going to see Ted go and then somebody's gonna be like, well I saw.
Speaker 2: Ted as a he was like number seventeen on somebody's big board.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't watch film Kyle. They don't, they don't, they don't, they don't know ball.
Speaker 2: This dude is Mike Evans in my opinion what Tedoro McMillan brings. Big body, good route runner. He's got the full route tree at his disposal, which I love coming out of college. Yeah, I think he's Mike Evans two point zero.
Speaker 3: I say this all the time.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in generational players all the time, but some dudes got generational treats. And his ability to go up and find the football and come down with it is as generational as he gets. Like he may not have everything. He may have be a Calvin Johnson guy, like he may not have the speed and later room, you know.
Speaker 2: Thing like cons on. I don't even remember a lot of them because he was so good. Sure if he wins the line, he does it with size, not burst, which I think is fair. Whenever you look at some of the games he played. I watched West Virginia, Arizona State, Kansas State bring a challenge against press coverage when faced with stronger, longer corner, So he didn't face a ton of those in the Big twelve playing and simple.
Speaker 4: If you want to watch a fantastic game. Travis Hunter was was right there was right there. I didn't watch that. I need to go, oh please twenty twenty three, twenty four, watch watch both of me. He's just jumping over Travis Hunter and look and that was the first Travis Hunter game. I'll watch, right, So I was like, all right, why is this guy? Like, let's see Travis Hunter guy? First Old Arizona. Ain't no pros on Old Arizona and Taed McMillan is just whooping Travis.
Speaker 3: And I say, who is this character?
Speaker 4: Spinning like a ballerina in the air, changing, changing his spin direction. I don't know the big scientific word centrifugal energy or whatever it is, in triffical force, spinning his.
Speaker 3: Body in the ass.
Speaker 4: Say, hey, who the hell is this mcmillican and what I like about him? And we just talked about Dak friendly. There are some people that think that Dak Prescott is the worst quarterback in league. Cool tip. McMillan is a bad ball catcher. No matter way you put it up down, left, right, he'll go catch it. But we ain't got to worry about that because he's not gonna be there. He'll get drafted way way before old Old Dallas.
Speaker 2: I remember, back in twenty twenty on my first season of the Draft Show, I said that same sentence about a guy named CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: That's because the league sucks that drafted teams teams ain't good, which means it could happen.
Speaker 2: That's fair, which means it could totally happen.
Speaker 3: That's fair. Yeah, that's fair. How far the way do you live from the Star?
Speaker 2: I ran from the Star, from my apartment to the Star and back whenever they drafted CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: I'm about I'm about twenty minutes away. If I was around. I was just a lowly YouTube character at the time, But if I was around, I probably would have ran some last tubes. Yeah, but I don't. I don't know if we're gonna get that this year though. You know, every draft is different, and that draft in particular, I was just kind of running it down, like, man, some team is gonna hate on CDs speed, some team is gonna value how fast Rugs is or Judy the Robber. And there's a lot of dudes in that draft. You know, Derek Brown was in there, Ken Law was in there. We were wrong about some of the corners up there. C. J. Henderson was there and we just you know, but whatever. I don't think this is that that class where all the good dudes are gonna get lost in the wave of other good dudes.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's what kind of good dudes are enough to stand out from the pack. So, Kyle, I don't think this is a top heavy draft at all.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been fighting fights on the internet. Let me just introduce something to you.
Speaker 5: Josh Simmons from Ohio State, have you washed the tackle the leftock?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I think he's tackled won in his class, and everybody I ain't got agree with me. I think he's tacklon. I think he has the knat issue, and you know if doctor Cooper, you know, we just knocking on that.
Speaker 2: I haven't put a grade on him yet because of that. I have him Tyler Booker from Alabama. I've got Tate Rattlage from Georgia's up there. But now I think you're you're I spot on. I think Josh Simmon he could probably be number one. Him and Connory.
Speaker 4: I think he's a bona fide dude. And I'm trying to get Cowboy fans ready. I don't know if it's gonna happen. I think he might be an option for you as well.
Speaker 2: Okay to where left tackler is your right.
Speaker 4: He's a full blown He could probably do both, but I think he's a full blown left tackle.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Okay with sure, Because if you're gonna revamp this roster to do what Brian Schottenneimer wants to do, which run the football, protect for Dak Prescott, and get the ball out to your playmakers, you got to start up front.
Speaker 4: I think there's this big three that Cowboy fans want. We don't know what the Jones is and will and then want, but the Cowboy fans want running back, wide receiver DT. No matter how we address that first three rounds, they can't guarantee you those will not be the three. That's what I'm saying. We don't know what's gonna happen. We could walk away with an edge, we got to be ready for that. We could walk away with a corner, we got to be ready for that. A tight end in there somewhere. What I'm what I'm what I'm presenting the people I'm looking at the Cameron tell y'all. This is what I'm what I'm presenting to the to the viewers. Kyle is Tyler Guiden was like my offensive tackle eight or nine.
Speaker 5: It just is what it was for me. Go ahead, look that up.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 5: He was, He's like offensive tackle eight or nine.
Speaker 4: I think it's different when you have an opportunity to draft offensive tackle.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: One thing I like to do to paint the picture of him is if he was in last year's draft, right, he wouldn't be there with Alt and Fashion and Fuanga. He's he's not there with them. But I think he's right between.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 4: I think he's just better than a JC Latham type of guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So see, I had a first on Latham, had a second on Guiding.
Speaker 4: Sure, okay, so we So I'm I'm I'm talking to people and they're they're referring back to the idea that we've invested so much an offensive line already. Don't tell me about your draft pick. You have invested offensive tackle nine or whatever it was for you a second round grade because we're at the back of the first round at this point. I think if you have an opportunity to draft an offensive tackle one, And that's just my opinion. If you have an opportunity to draft an offensive tackle one as bad as you want running back, I don't think Jentsy gonna be there, No way the Cowboys want. The Cowboys won too many games to get to get these elite guys you want.
Speaker 3: If he's there, do you think they take them?
Speaker 5: They should?
Speaker 3: I think so too, they should.
Speaker 4: I would take them. I don't think he'll be there. McMillan, I don't think he'll be there. He's too good, Burden.
Speaker 2: I love to say McMillan and genter there what your thought.
Speaker 4: I'm taking McMillan because wide receivers more valuable, and I'll just take the running back.
Speaker 3: In the second round.
Speaker 2: I agree, and especially with the way this class shakes out, and sure you compare him, he would be the perfect pairing with.
Speaker 4: Perfect I'm logical here, and I know people see me as offensive line guy and if I just trying to bring another offensive line, But if you have an opportunity to get in OT one, I think you have to at least consider it and not just lean on the idea of this.
Speaker 2: As long as the medicals check out and all of that plays a factor.
Speaker 3: Knocking on glass.
Speaker 4: If Doctor Cooper says, hey, man, his knees good to go, he won't have any setbacks. He'll be a bad Mfday one. I'm taking offensive tackle one is gonna be a bad enough day one as opposed to my complimentary wide receiver too, to go along with my superstars that I have already.
Speaker 2: So if you do that, it doesn't of course, it doesn't close the door on running back. It never does, no, because you're gonna get one of those guys. I think at some point you're gonna get a running back. Does he close the door on wide receiver in this draft?
Speaker 4: No, because I think there's a lot of great wide receivers in round two and three, like you mentioned, like we were talking about, and something that the Cowboys have to do and I know that they do this because they, I'll say, messed up and did this last year. Is you have to take a receiver, but if he's not better than what you have, then just don't reach for one. You know what I'm saying, Like, we have a bunch of receivers that are cool, but if I'm gonna take one, I would like for them to be better. Then I'll just say what we have on wan, say anybody's name better than what we have. And I think the same applies with offensive line. I don't want to just reach for it. Oh well, we got offensive line in the fifth round. Now he's competing with Austin Riches. I got an awesome ridges, you know what I'm saying. I want somebody that's gonna blow that competition out the water. We currently drafted a left tackle last year, and I hate I got to talk about him like this, but he was competing with Chilma a dog at the end of the season. I don't want my left tackle none against Chilimadoga, you know what I mean. I don't want my first round guy competing with Chilimadoga.
Speaker 3: He's a right tackle.
Speaker 5: You think Guidan is the right tack man.
Speaker 4: I think Goidon had some of these same problems with Oklahoma at right tack times that he's having and left I think his dexterity is fine. I think he plays both sides fine. I think he has a leaning and grabbing and holding off for dear life problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know there.
Speaker 2: He didn't play enough at Oklahoma for me to say he had a ton of those problems. He was kind of like what he was this year, where it's four games on, two games off. That's why four games on, two games of dexterity might not be an issue. Durability might be a problem.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly why I don't like the raw player that hasn't played a whole bunch of football, you know, I don't. I don't, And look guid maybe phenomenal in four years it's time for contract. Then we gotta, you know what I mean, talk about it, and we got to live in the darkness for four years, you know what I'm saying. So I think it's what you want to do is have as many slam dunks as possible, you know, And I just don't want to slam. I just don't want to pass up on slam dunks or with In my personal opinion, I would think it is a slam dunk just to go for Need.
Speaker 5: I think we've learned our listen from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last two drafts, for sure, it's at twelve. I don't think you're pigeonholed into drafting for Need.
Speaker 3: At twenty seven. You might have been.
Speaker 2: You might have been in a point where you said, hey, this is what we've got to do. I mean, I know there were twenty four last year, back to twenty nine, twenty seven is where you drafted Mazzie Smith. You've got you've had those kind of draft classes the last two times. When you're in the late twenties, you're you're in a spot to draft a certain position at that point in time. I don't think at twelve they feel that way. I think they're going to look at it and say, gent's gonna be there.
Speaker 3: McMillan's going to be there, or.
Speaker 2: Somebody that's going to be an absolute stud is going to be there, So let's draft that guy.
Speaker 4: What if goofiness and nonsense, this happens and the best corner is there, like the best player on the board is a corner? Where you at with that? Like, who's your your best corner? Would you go best corner or would you feel compelled to go wide receiver because we need.
Speaker 3: So your best corner right now? Is I mean are we saying.
Speaker 4: Well, Travis don't exist, but like whoever you make so so my.
Speaker 2: Mistake is if that's the case, yes, I'm going yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: But if it's like a first he's.
Speaker 2: My number one corner and if I have a third round grade on him as a receiver.
Speaker 4: So jah A Barron from Texas is my is my number two corner?
Speaker 3: Okay? Will Johnson from Michigan. I think it's Schavon.
Speaker 5: Reveals another guy e C.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that bores the play out the close.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would definitely take a corner because I'm at least where I sit today and age right now. I'm not happy with what the reports have been around Trayvon Dix.
Speaker 5: And what's gonna end up happening is is then you've.
Speaker 3: Got to pay to Ron Blant. That's a problem.
Speaker 4: So let's just say what's gonna Okay, you got a corner around one, You're gonna take a running back in round two, and you're gonna take a d tackling round three.
Speaker 3: And next thing you know, you didn't even look at receiver, you know what I'm saying. So the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Got They've shown that they can go and get a veteran receiver that I mean, they've went and got Brandon Cooks. You think about t Why Hilton a couple of years ago. They they've made an impact in the receiver free agent market. Because I think there's so many of them out there that the price tag is dropped as if you're not an elite wide receiver. But kind of like what you're saying, you don't want to go get a guy that's just the middle of the road. You need a guy that's going to elevate the group as a whole.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are going to find the middle of the road wide receiver and we're gonna have to love it. They're gonna bring Zay Jones up here to to at well up here. We're gonna have to be happy because we're not. We're not gonna go for like a Ta Higgins type. You know, We're gonna draft somebody somewhere and trade.
Speaker 2: For a guy that happened to wear like a RAM horn on the side of his helmet last year.
Speaker 3: Is he hurt guy? I mean, was it the young one?
Speaker 2: The guy who tweeted yesterday that they're gonna trade him?
Speaker 5: Would you if if the Rams really trying to move on.
Speaker 3: Which I mean if Cooper cups posting that to social.
Speaker 4: Then in real life that makes me feel like I can get him for like a fifth.
Speaker 3: I've sent a fifth over there.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's That's what it comes down to, right, The Browns are gonna want your arm for that pass rusher from twelve and then some that's different. Cooper Cooper Cup is a guy. I don't know the rules here.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm allowed to say names because like losing, because it's a network.
Speaker 2: He's under contract, but he put it out there.
Speaker 3: So okay, don't listen to me. Let's just.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: So I'm the YouTuber and I don't even work it for real, I don't. I don't work for nobody, just to just to be clear. But boy, in case there's a miscellaneous character that happened to play for another team and yellow Man any wide receiver, hell, we can get up here.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if we can get them for like a like a Day three pick or something like that, cool.
Speaker 5: But I think it's just like.
Speaker 4: The the Cooper situation, right, the Browns ate a lot of that money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Koogle was able to be traded for cheap yep.
Speaker 4: I don't know if some miscellaneous character that costs a lot of money or that team is gonna want to take that cut, so you might have to trade a higher pick for that imaginary for them to for that dude to go. So I think he's just I think teams are gonna wait till he get cut. Yeah, probably team's gonna wait to leaguet cut and then it'll be a post June first thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take our first break.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'm just a YouTube guy that does don't even work. I'm a guest. I snuck in.
Speaker 2: Here, didn't even have a badge, just came on in the door. I don't even know what he's doing here. All right, when we come back here on the Draft Show, we're gonna take your questions for a little It's a special edition of Twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 3: We're gonna answer some YouTube.
Speaker 2: Channel questions and we're gonna also take some phone calls as well. Eight A eight eight five five two two ninety seven. Give us a call, send us a little bit of a request on YouTube.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more right after this. Hey, here we.
Speaker 9: Go, Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong. It's my recipe. Technically, we all came up with it.
Speaker 3: Kobe, I mean.
Speaker 9: You put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was want to say that.
Speaker 3: Oh that was funny.
Speaker 5: Oh honey, thank you.
Speaker 9: Anyways, give the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie.
Speaker 10: All right. Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall mary go where I went. Laser Care Ey Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 4: At Laser Care Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 10: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you, Hoo.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: I'm the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped flip. He'll look full a fresh down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 2: With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 8: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Press Scot's gonna run this in self, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 12: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 5: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 12: Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys, alongside Vax Lombardim Kyle Yeomans, It's time for a special edition, a special edition.
Speaker 5: Of some YouTube?
Speaker 3: Was that YouTube on the twenty YouTube?
Speaker 2: Twitter? Well, that's the thing. It's not even Twitter anymore. It's X on the twenty. I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: X on the doubles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just sounds weird. Yeah, whatever it ends up being, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This one's from Sin City Cowboy on YouTube says, with no fourth round pick, do you trade back up with a late third and a or do you trade back up a late third and a fourth? Or do we just pick our player and keep on pushing past that fourth round pick.
Speaker 4: I think everybody in the world wants to trade back and get more more picks, you know, So I don't even think about trading back as like a realistic situation until it happens. Right, Like if I pick up the phone with some Miscellani's team and say, hey, I don't want to pick here, y'all want to pick here? Why I don't want to pick and y'all give me some of y'all's picks Like that? That sounds you know, that sounds like somebody that doesn't want to want to do a deal with you. If I'm trading back, I want to trade back from my first so I can get as you know, get as much of a haul as I can. Like, that's that's where your your big your big points is your big points are right. If you trade back from the third, you might get a twenty twenty seven six.
Speaker 3: Round pick or something. You know what I'm saying, You're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna you're not going to bring in anything significant.
Speaker 5: You're not getting big, big value from that.
Speaker 4: But if you move back five, like to nineteen or something right like, like, if you move to nineteen or twenty, you can get a three and four possibly, So I think I would be looking for something like that.
Speaker 2: How this is another question from Kevin. How far would you be willing to trade back if that's the case, So you're talking about what you would be willing to give up. Sure, what about trading back.
Speaker 4: If my super saying elites are all going like that, Like, I'm not trading back from McMillan, gent. I may trade back from gents if I get more picks, because my whole thing about gents is I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Be a surprised somebody's gonna come and get him if that's the cash.
Speaker 4: I think the scariest thing you can do is pass on genty, Caleb Johnson goes to like twenty five, Hampton goes to like forty one, and now you're on the board at forty four.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So if we get an extra pick, I'm more likely to move back from Jenz, But I'm not moving back, like if Carter gets caught with a gas mask on his face, I'm not moving back and I'm taking Carter. But I think if you know, I don't know, Matthew Golden is on the board or something, he's my best player, or Will Johnson from from Michigan if he's my best player or something like that. Yeah, I moved back from Will Johnson and I'll take you know, Kenny Grant or something. At twenty, I move back a lot of spots. Then if my true elites are going and it's just as possible, sure I'm moved.
Speaker 2: I moved.
Speaker 3: I move out of the out of the first round of y'all got some picks for me?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Because I think all those guys in that in that in that round two range, you know, Mike Green, James Pierce is an other guy. Now I can start talking about offensive lineman for real, Tyler Booker. I can get him at like twenty six or something like that. So as long as I'm not moving back from somebody truly super saying elite, then yeah, I can move back.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: So, and this is another question from Jesse, but there's a lead into Jesse's question. This is a bad draft to be at twelve, And I'll tell you why. Not because of the players that are possibly going to be there, but because usually if you're picking at twelve, if the Cowboys saw this in twenty twenty one when they were sitting there with Michael Parsons, usually you're going to have three or four quarterbacks go in front of that twelfth overall pick. Sure, so you're gonna get your selection of maybe the seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, best player in the draft that's a non quarterback. This year, they'd be lucky if one guy, two guys go shitter cam Ward or probably the only two that will be up above the twelfth overall pick. So other than that, you're picking your tenth, eleventh, twelfth best player that's a non quarterback. Sure, are there any quarterbacks that you saw? I know you said on the first show you're not watching quarterbacks yet. Sure, but throughout the week of Shrine Bowl and stuff like that, are there any quarterbacks that would be available in the fifth round and beyond?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, so fifth and back.
Speaker 3: So Dave, let's just say day three.
Speaker 5: Comiccrd Syracuse is a guy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He seems to be the guy that had the most command, a lot of juice.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, And honestly, if you're one of these players and these coaches, they talk to you and they interview you, and you can just run their offense. You may not be a great arm talent guy, you may not be the best athlete, but if you can run their offense, that's why Bo Knicks got drafted pretty high. JJ McCarthy got drafted. You just got to make a coach fall in love with you, you know. So if there's anything like that, then sure, or you may be a coach that's watching Buffalo Bills and you may get jealous of what they can do with Josh Allen. I'm not saying Riley Lennard is one of those guys, but just a big quarterback that can run around and run people over and throw the ball all around. He's not quite Josh Allen, but he's like a very light version of that. You know, Yeah, you can bring him in and develop his arm and his reading. And I mean, I know in his last bowl game he threw for like one hundred and twenty some yards and I was mad, like, there's no way he's getting top twelve. Yeah, throwing for one hundred and twenty some yards in the bowl game. But some team will look at his athleticism and be like, if I can develop everything else, I think it'll be it'll be cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there are a couple guys.
Speaker 2: I The one guy that I kept going back to during the draft process was Brosmer from Minnesota. I thought he had a really good week. He's he's a take a flyer guy. Sure he's not a let's draft him in the second third round. Yeah, but he's a former FCS product, made the jump to Minnesota, had a really good year with the Golden Gophers, had a good week of practice a senior. Both got some art twent he got some velocity. So good ball placement at a couple of times wasn't perfect, don't get me wrong. And I thought there were a couple guys throughout both Shrine Bowl and Senior Bowl practices that weren't very good.
Speaker 4: I can tell Kyle watch his ball, because when I was watching him, I was like, all right, he has noticeably more zip on.
Speaker 2: The football then pretty much everybody else there.
Speaker 3: Then all of it.
Speaker 4: He will stare his receiver down again, ar right, he will. He'll look right at who's I'm throwing to you. We'll point at him.
Speaker 2: Fatch Lombardy. I hope you're open. He's gonna like say your name on the way and he his arm motion.
Speaker 3: Hey, he'll throw it right to you.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know kind of you know, you know, cool, cool athlete and all that. But but if he could just work on not looking at what if you can look that teachable to me, it's teachable.
Speaker 1: But he did.
Speaker 5: Out of all the Shrine guys, I think he had to be his arms out.
Speaker 2: Him and him McCord, I think we're the two guys because the auburn peyton thorn, thorn not it. There's a lot of dying off at the end of the ball. It just it wasn't there from a lot of those guys. But I thought Brosmer and McCord were good. I was not impressed with really any of the Senior Bowl guys that weren't named Jackson Dart and even even Jackson Dart, and I love Jaylen Miller Milros probably a top four quarterback in this draft for me, Dart was on the borderline of that. I think I had him at five. I might give him a bump just because of what I saw in person, but it still didn't jump off the page like we've seen the past with to uh and Justin Herbert and some of these other cats that have been at the Senior Bowl in the past. All right, let's go to m J in l A, California. M J, you're on the Draft show.
Speaker 6: Oh no, hey, yous doing. Hey appreciates that. I always wanted to get on the show. Uh. You know me. I like the big guy Robinson from Nebraska calcol energy powerful. That's the kind of player of the Cowboys need. And Uh, y'all y'all, it's so many halfbacks, uh Shaw Smith out of s m U that dude could catch. He's sad and it's so many. To me, it's so many halbags. I'm not tripping over the halbag. So I like to tackle pick. He was thinking from Ohio State and he's there and he you know that makes a good sense. But to me, either one, I'm not I'm not. I'm not. Man, I'm not mad cause this run scheme. I'm so excited. We got something new and different than we used to do.
Speaker 3: Mark Mark List.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, So, if if Simmons is the pick at twelve overall, would you be.
Speaker 3: Mad at it?
Speaker 6: No, I'll be like, just build that line team and that's good for Dak Preshcott with the play action. Hey, but I'm gonna tell y'all something quickly. You guys, you gotta stop our receivers. We got some fans of receivers. Mingo Florny, he just didn't get to even get to play. Called about Mike. You know, I ain't gonna hit on Mike, but Mike may be mad because Flornery with that speed and the and the players that shot shot, he bring it. You're gonna see some big plays from Mingo and Florida.
Speaker 3: Appreciate his steam.
Speaker 6: Opened up receivers.
Speaker 3: Appreciate the show.
Speaker 6: How about them?
Speaker 3: Cope, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call you thanksiate appreciate you man. Yeah, No, it brings up good points. He brought up Ty Robinson, Nebraska. What did you see out of him? Very active, very strong. He looks like a Ty Robinson from Nebraska body wise. When we talk about those guys, you know, the big, you know, country strong, you know looking guys, right, And I think he had a really good Senior Bowl practice. You know what senior Bowl practice is.
Speaker 4: I was shocked at how many one tech type guys are in this class and have some some pretty good rush.
Speaker 2: I love the way you talked about it in the Draft Show last week and the way you said dancing bears. Yeah, it was perfect one because I've been watching a lot of children's cartoons with my kids around recently. However, the Dancing Bears mentality, that's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: A couple of those.
Speaker 2: Guys along the way and on that defensive line.
Speaker 3: They can move.
Speaker 5: We don't have a lot of just stuck in the ground guys anymore.
Speaker 2: Three And even if you are no Quenton Bohanna's in this thing.
Speaker 4: We don't we don't have those guys. These these guys get up field. Jordan Phillips from Maryland's another one.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 5: West from Indiana He's another one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So there's there's a lot of tackles here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like Omar and Norman Lott from Tennessee and a guy who can move. Yeah, back and forth, a little tweetter action there. Uh, let's go to Uh, let's go up, Darius dropped. Let's go to John g in Arlington, Virginia. We're on the draft show.
Speaker 13: Hey, what's going on? Box Man? Hey? Look, I didn't need to start a fire this morning, but you know it is what it is? How you going, Kyle?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 10: Wait?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 3: What fire did you start?
Speaker 4: When I'm saying people fighting me over running back? This is this is this is people.
Speaker 3: What's up? John?
Speaker 13: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Why do you Hatevis Simmons?
Speaker 13: I don't hate Josh Simmons. The issue is last year we didn't have a fourth round pick. This year we don't have a fourth round pick. So the Cowboys have to be a little bit more aggressive, and probably the running back or or the receiver position being that they're not really players in free agency. So my question to you guys is, uh, what need to happen for you guys to be team trade back? And you know how aggressive would you guys be and trying to get that round four pick back?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you brother. Yeah, thanks for the call, thanks for the question.
Speaker 4: The MV Cowboys on a YouTube shots out to them. I think we all want to trade back. We want more picks because we're in this situation where when we don't have a fourth and we we were sitting in there, y'all were sitting in these chairs. I was at home when we were in the fourth round. We go man boy Man Brandon Allen show hanging out, just chilling over there. All these all these great fourth round guys that we have on our board, and they're just leaving because we're gonna have a fourth round pick. So what's it gonna take for us to be on team trade now? It ain't gonna take much.
Speaker 3: Now. It's kind of what you outlined earlier.
Speaker 2: A couple of your dudes that are up at the top mcmellan, genty Banks, a couple of those Simmons, those guys are gone, which could very well be the case in the top ten. Yep, then yeah, let's pull the parachute.
Speaker 3: And get out of there.
Speaker 2: I don't want to pass up on a bona fide first round grade.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at, because you're in a spot to have even in a draft class where there's not a whole lot of first round grades, you're still at twelve. And even with the outlying situation that I talked about with the quarterbacks not taking away from those picks, you're still going to have a shot at a first round graded player.
Speaker 5: If the best player on the board, if you feel just as good about the player that's ten spots down that's available, still, yeah, I think you can.
Speaker 3: You can trade back, you know what I mean. Like that'd be.
Speaker 2: Like a Luther Burden from Missouri something like that.
Speaker 4: I think he's he's at that line. I think some people love him. Some people may may not love him as much. But if you take if you take Luther Burden versus like Kenny Grant, I think you like both of those guys relatively the same. If it's just randomly, I'm just saying, like Mason Graham versus Kenny Grant. Everybody looks at those two dudes kind of differently, right, Mayson not gonna be there, but just the example here, right, So just whoever's on the board right now versus anybody that's ten spots down from you, that'll give you a good feel about you know, you know how you feel about trading back from and I think Josh Simmons the only reason he's available because he's like, my knee hurts guy, right, But Josh Simmons versus ten players down, I like Simmons more than my ten players down guy. But Luther Burden is about kind of close to me.
Speaker 2: Are the one that's going to be interesting is genty because of the draft class that surrounds him at the same running back position that he's gonna have to fill. Jensys so much better than whoever's ten. There's a significant drop, but you can still get a guy. And if we're maximizing those first three picks, which is what we're all trying to do, because you don't have that fourth round pick, and we're gonna be sitting there on that the beginning of day three and we're gonna be watching that fourth round just tick off the clock and.
Speaker 3: It's just boop poop poop poop, name name name name.
Speaker 2: Starter, Starter, starter, Starter, down the line, and we're gonna just sit there and be like, man, I hope Jonathan Ingo works out.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys run game was really good with Zeke, and it was really good with Murray and Zeke is the top four guy. Murray was like a round three or so. So I think if you miss on Gens, you better damn hope you get you hit a guy.
Speaker 3: You just get a guy that's gonna be real good.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, all right, We're gonna take some more questions when we come back eight at eight eight five five two two ninety seven. Great start to the special edition of Twitter on the twenty The most action packed motorsports experience in the world returns to Arlington. Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, March eighth from Monster Jam. Get ready to cheer, scream, and be amazed as massive Monster dram Jam trucks takeover Arlington. Tickets are on sale now at seki dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. We'll be right back with more of the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 3: When I played in the NFL.
Speaker 8: At a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near fall in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent they got me back on my game.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 9: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect her big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: We as strong. It's my recipe.
Speaker 9: Technically we all came up with it.
Speaker 5: Kobe, I mean.
Speaker 9: You put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on Matt. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on to said that.
Speaker 3: Oh that was funny, honey.
Speaker 9: Thank you anyways, kid, the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My Smithy.
Speaker 11: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game Day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson Is.
Speaker 2: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, the biggest names in tenn has head to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco this February. Actually, they're out there right now. Witness top rank Casper Rudd and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzle on the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home, all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete. Live Tickets are available now at Sea gek dot com. It's really cool out there. I don't know if you've got a chance to stop by their votch on your way in. They've got the whole Ford Center turned into like a tennis mecca. I try people walking around and everything.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I try to have to walk around here too much because I don't want to be like lost looking. Yeah, so I just come to the studio and go back to the truck. I do a lot explorer. Oh look, there's a live look inside there. That's that's what it looks like right now inside the Ford Center.
Speaker 2: And there's another court on the other side of that grandstand that's in the middle there.
Speaker 4: Okay, y'all, y'all talking about tennis. I thought I was talking about like like a concert or something. I thought, like a country music concert.
Speaker 6: Tennis.
Speaker 2: It's the Dallas Open. It's tennis. Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: I loved it's. I love the Dallas Open. Yeah, big, big tennis guy. Pickleball, what what it is?
Speaker 3: Pickleball? Was that you never heard of that?
Speaker 2: It's like it's like ping pong, but like with a whiffleball, and you're.
Speaker 3: Like on a tennis court. It's reah it's weird stuff that ping pong. Yeah, they played.
Speaker 2: I'm shot you've never heard of pickleball. It's like the whole big thing. Now, I'm from Mississippi. From we won't have a pickleball. Yeah, we won't have pickleball, Naimi. Okay, sorry, I bet you there's some people out there. The YouTube comments are going to be all over one of us at this.
Speaker 3: You want to look I bet you ain't. Just look it up when you get off. We'll look it up here in a minute, all right, we'll look it up. Vox Lombardi.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle Yeoman's Chris Beams in the back running the Draft show here today as the rest of the crew is out there in New Orleans, Louisiana for the super Bowl coming up?
Speaker 3: What is this? Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Fifty nine?
Speaker 5: Now ten fifty nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't been in one in a while, lost count a while back. All right, Uh, let's talk a little bit about some of some of these other questions along the way. I like this one, and we kind of touched on this in the first segment. This is from uh, Chris, it looks like on YouTube, are we overlooking corner as a position of need? In this draft because we're hoping the front office addresses it and free agents and free agency, or because this corner class isn't worth investing a picking.
Speaker 4: I there's some corners in this class too, you know. Johnny Barron was the name I mentioned earlier Texas. He's a guy that can play all over the place. Trey Amos from Old Missus, guy like a lot, Benjamin Morrison, not the Dame. There's a bunch of names.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: If he's saying there's not a bunch of corners throughout the draft, I guess, but I got corners in rounds one, two, and three that I like.
Speaker 3: A bunch about. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So But to his point, though, I don't know if you just want to jump off the porch looking for a corner, I'm not sure how much of an emergency corner is.
Speaker 3: But you can use some more corners, you know.
Speaker 4: It depends on what this team feels about Kaitlyn Carson taking the next step, you know us, Hey man, you got to step up, Kyle, you know how you know?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So, it depends on how hurt Digs is. I think Bland will be fine. Depends on what to think about Carson.
Speaker 2: The paycheck from Bland is looming though, because this is his final year of his contract, and there's gonna be a conversation there when you're paying guys like Dak.
Speaker 3: And CD and Micah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're gonna have to pay to Ron Bland and that's gonna be a big check too.
Speaker 4: I think they they draft Corner every year. They do it in different places. It'll be high, you know, it'll be low some side. But I feel like we draft corner a lot, so I.
Speaker 3: Can't win Carson. I think I think we'll go corner again.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think we could not use corner.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, Chris, Yeah, uh what about uh? This one from why Red on YouTube? Draft the guard and keep Cooper BB at center, or sign a starting caliber center and move.
Speaker 3: Cooper BB to guard.
Speaker 4: I don't want Cooper BB to learn how to snap and then learn how to snap and then step and learn all the calls and just to look at and be like, all right, you're gonna be at guard. I think I think it's it's a it's a good thing to have a powerful center.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think a lot of teams have powerful centers. I think a lot of teams try to hide their their centers because they're you know, smaller, or they may not be powerful. I think if you finally get a center that can wrestle, and that's what we is, I just think you just get him a tag team partner Daki Raffle and Tyler Smith. If you were just watching combos later on in the season, you know BB and Tyler really got they got good with their com like they started whooping people and move then that's what we really know.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were excited about with brock Hoffman and TJ basted and filled in in those roles, that that element right there, the way that they were able to combo block, and the way they were able to grow together seemingly. Sure, that was the most exciting thing I saw on the offensive line all year long.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm here to keep BB at center. I don't want to I don't want to move any you know, mess up any growth from him. Keep him there, and just if you want to find me a gangster that strong and put him at right guard and let's book ive you. I keep saying Tyler Booker because he's the one that goes whoop people. But Radlic from Georgia, Milom from West Virginia. He didn't have the greatest, the greatest Senior Bowl in the world. I thought he was still think all those reguards, I think all those dudes are. That's exact. Why name and see Kyle pro exact? Why making sure because they got because a lot of people think they're tackles. I think book could be a tackle Booker. Let me tell you why you think that. Because he's strong and he can wrestle people.
Speaker 2: You're damn right, you know what I'm saying. So so I think, you know, offensive line, they're not Kenneth Grant. Kenneth Grant's that. He's just a monster of a dude. I'm not moving him outside. Offensive line are all the same. We are all whooping somebody in front of.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I'm looking at the wrong sheet. It's all good. I'm stupid. It's all good.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, Tyler, Yeah, put Tyler Booker at You can put him in free safe if you want to.
Speaker 3: You know, I like whatever.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Let him be fhilic, you put him at one take, let him be physical. But I think his his traits with his power, with his with his knee being for a guard three hundred and twenty five pounds, his three hundred and twenty fiveness. Yeah, I think he's a he's a guard for short. I think he's a natural right guard. Okay, I like it.
Speaker 2: This is an intriguing question with the news surrounding, of course, all the new additions with this coaching staff moving forward. C r Zeno on Twitter says, with the news of the new offensive coordinator, would you think running back slash offensive wine help isn't as high of a need as previously believed and we can go wide receiver in the first round.
Speaker 4: I always want to get better dudes. So whoever the best dude is in the first round, cool and don't worry about and then we can go from there in round two or whatever. But if you just listen to how the coaches are talking, like, they're giving you clues that they want to do a lot of wide stuff. They want to get outside, they want to be fast on the edges there. So I would imagine that, hey, we're up here talking about all these running backs that run in between the tackles and thump people. We may be in line for a quick quick, bursty type guy. So you know, maybe maybe that's something you could be looking for. To their point, if we go receiver, I think all of these receivers do whide things really well. They take handoffs wide really well. So yeah, this is a class of good sideways running receivers for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna step aside. That's going to do it for us here on this edition.
Speaker 3: Of the aff Show. We got through people should be fun.
Speaker 2: I actually really like this because one of the things that's new for Cowboys Podcast in general is we're going live on YouTube now and that allows for the comment section to come back back. When we first started this and I was on the show initially, the comments section was a big part of what we do because we love interacting with fans and I love trying to read along the way what are some of these different things that you want to talk about? And this was a good indication of that. I thought this was awesome. Plus, Votch has certainly built a YouTube following that is respectable along the way, and you guys are awesome for tuning into the Drift show as well.
Speaker 4: He fun appreciate y'all with tuning in and if we keep going live, there're gonna be some shows in March and April where we gonna need y'all because we're going to run out stuff to talk about. So get in here and ask all the questions you want so that we can keep giving y'all content and not having to overthink it.
Speaker 3: All right, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Feel free to start getting in depth to about it. We're starting to watch more and more of these guys.
Speaker 3: What is the number you're at? I mean I'm at one hundred.
Speaker 2: And four Jesus, Yeah, I got a lot of catchup.
Speaker 5: Kaimon Rucker, Matt like half of that, you know, the edge.
Speaker 4: I just kind of watched him less and a Zone Arosa tight end from Miami.
Speaker 3: Elijah Arroyo. What the name of Elijah Arroyo. He's from Frisco?
Speaker 5: Okay, I know, yeah, yeah, from Frisco. Yeah cool.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: I just watched him last So so he's like my one hundred and third players, So we getting down there.
Speaker 3: I like Elijah Royo a lot. Where'd you have him?
Speaker 4: I got him in the fourth. I think I think he hasn't played his best ball yet. I think Miami didn't really figure out what to do with him like later. But I think if he goes to a team where a quarterback is really gonna let it rip and let him get vertical downfield and catch the ball over guys, then perfect. I don't know how much he's gonna work sideways, but if he does some jet sweet stuff. He lines up at the X, he lines up in the sliding, lines up in line, So I like him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, Beamer wants to know, have you ever been.
Speaker 3: To Duncan Park in your hometown? You ever heard of Dunkin Park?
Speaker 4: There's there's there's only like two parks in that so yeah, Duncan Park is dun One of the Duncan Park is one of the ones that we go to in one of the kids.
Speaker 2: They have the pickleball courts at Duncan Park.
Speaker 3: They must have just well see it's.
Speaker 4: Probably a new thing when I'm not gonna get into you know all that. But you know, we didn't go to Duncan Park to play on the courts.
Speaker 2: We went to go that's gonna do it for us here on the Drift Show for Vox Lombardi, for Chris Beam, we.
Speaker 4: Went to next time on the Draft Show, some people went to Duncan Parble.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.