Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: So you, Penn has stripped Leah Thomas of his titles in women's swimming and apologized to the ladies he defeated. Thomas hasn't complained further, proving he's not a woman.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that joke coming. So Penn State took the menpen.
Speaker 1: University of Pennsylvanca.
Speaker 3: That's how I thought it was. It's just Penn State on our clip, so I got confused. But iron bastards. Uh sorry, that was harsh.
Speaker 4: You folks. That he's my friends and look at it. I can't. I'm so sorry, Michael Vanston, I'm kids.
Speaker 1: These are my friends. And I turned on the like some sort of crazed in a wolverine. It hurt.
Speaker 3: But the But the same university who allowed this for several years in the face of criticism, has now taken and and and brow beat and threatened any of the women who spoke out against it. Yes, well, I guess I should be happy that it ended up where it should.
Speaker 1: Have should be.
Speaker 3: But how cowardly are you? I mean, do you have any principles at all? So when the wind was blowing your direction, you let this nonsense occur, and then when the wind shifted, you go one hundred.
Speaker 1: And eighty full degrees. Yeah, wow, that's weak.
Speaker 4: Well, they were under serious Title line threat from the Trump administration, which is good. It's absolutely one hundred percent ironclad correct. If you let dudes into women's sports, whoop up on them, you're not protecting women's rights. Oh and letting the dudes into their private spaces too. It's an outrage against Title nine.
Speaker 1: A couple of things.
Speaker 3: I'm going through my notes from being on vacation for a week, and just a lot of different things I took notes on. I didn't follow the news that closely in New York, though, I kept coming across a little stuff about Mamdani, who had been the socialist Jew hating most likely to be mayor of New York. Guy, I remember that story. The op ed stuff, the oppo research stuff is starting to come out. Remember I mentioned this before we went on vacation, that Mark Alpern was shocked that the mainstream media did not do a better job of getting into the apple research of this guy, and now some of it's starting to come out, things that they'd tweeted and said and videos he participated in this sort of stuff. But one of the things over the weekend was he had checked. He was accurate. He wasn't lying, but it's he knew what he was doing. He had checked the box African American when he applied for college his Ivy League application. He's from Uganda. But you know, the whole getting a leg up for being African American was not for white Ugandans was not the regional point. So there's a fair amount of blowback I guess in the African American community that he tried to get various breaks for being African American.
Speaker 1: You see, So what is his deal? Was his dad?
Speaker 4: His dad was a white Ugandan and his mom was what from he was born in Syria.
Speaker 1: I can't even something like that. Yeah he comes from you know, like.
Speaker 3: Humanities professors and artist parents that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I don't know if there's gonna be enough, Damagy, you gotta have another candidate to beat him. So that seems like the main problem. Although does Eric Adams end up being the guy, and they.
Speaker 4: There are fever pitch meetings going on as we speak trying to figure out who is the one candidate, Probably not old Gropie, probably not the half wit incumbent.
Speaker 3: They got to find somebody else, not my circus, not my monkeys. So I'm not that concerned about it. I don't live in New York, but I think most people on the right think having this guy around as a punching bag would be awesome.
Speaker 4: For questions further my goal of enacting progressive policies so people see what miserable failures they are. You got Daniel Lurie, the mayor of San Francisco, who's is saying great stuff and doing great things. And you know, as he said, I'm paraphrasing, but enough of the fees and the wannabe do gooders that we didn't need to go with things that work.
Speaker 1: What an amazing philosophy that is.
Speaker 3: Again, going through my notes from when I was gone, I came across this quote which I really liked. The big difference between me and Superman is Superman had supervision and I need supervision.
Speaker 1: That was funny.
Speaker 3: At one of the airports, I think it was LaGuardia, which man looked was at Newark, you know where they've been having the troubles, and LaGuardia looked fantastic. I remember when Trump was president and he was complaining about why do our New York airports look so dingy and dirty? And you go around the world and they're bright and they're they're nice. Now it's like a really nice mall, both of them if you haven't been there recently. So I don't know how much taxpayer money from where went into that, but that definitely got fixed. But one of the airports had an AI barista and there was a long line there. I didn't try it, but it must have worked pretty well. It was just a little shack thing with computer screens and you apparently typed in whatever you wanted for all kinds of different complicated coffee drinks, and it was made there for you by the computer.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much AI was involved in it.
Speaker 3: It's a good hooks just about to ask good hook But that is definitely gonna be way way more common as we go along. Of you get your coffee, you get your bagel, you get your parking ticket.
Speaker 1: Pass for parking or whatever. It is it's all.
Speaker 3: Computerized, no human being involved, which is not good for a lot of low level of employment. But as far as AI chat GPT, I used it so much while on vacation, I haven't Googled anything in weeks, and I've read about how Google clicks are down and they're really in a panic about that.
Speaker 1: Because, oh, yeah, way down. Revenue is dying.
Speaker 3: Well, how would it not be once you start using chat GPT. Why would I ever google anything?
Speaker 1: Ever? Again, it's just.
Speaker 4: Whatever AI system you prefer. Yeah, I accidentally google something out of habit on vacation.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell am I doing?
Speaker 4: Is? I sort through sponsored, sponsored, sponsored, totally irrelevant sponsored please.
Speaker 3: Including the fact that chat GPT, as I've talked about, keeps track of your conversations and like knows what you're doing, so that makes things handy. So landed at Newark and I asked chit GPT, what's the best way to get to the Knickerbocker Hotel in Manhattan and it said, thinking of this time of day with you landing now, Normally I would say take a lift or an uber if you're willing to pay, but I think this time of day you're better off taking the ground transportation. So as soon as you walk out of your gate, take a left. But it just walked me through the whole process of getting to the train or bus that took me to the train that took me wherever I needed to go.
Speaker 1: It was in a way that Google never could.
Speaker 3: It was like having a really smart New Yorker explain to me exactly what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: I think, and later, I mean, it's it's so complex, it's amazing. I think later I asked some sort of question about something, and it said, since you've already walked by.
Speaker 1: Penn Station, maybe go this route so you can see, you know. I just it's amazing. Yeah, yeah, it's it's scary too. In a way, it is very very very much so.
Speaker 4: But I I let me be the first to welcome our new AI overlords.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I use it all the time now and I look back at stuff I looked at before to refresh.
Speaker 1: My memory, and it's it's it's terrific. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the past, I would have Googled or tried to figure it out. We're headed to the met what's the best way subway station? Just to the left out of your hotel door, take the one train and.
Speaker 1: Then follow ups too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, is everybody a capable walker or do you want a route that that helps people who are older or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And like you said, it's amazing and cool and scary at the same time. I freaking think New York is fantastic. It's hard for me to not dislike New Yorkers and their pompous attitude. But the reason they have that we're better than everybody else's attitude is New York is better than everyone else.
Speaker 1: It just is. It's just just it's the best. Everything.
Speaker 3: Everything you'd ever want to do in the world is right there within a couple of blocks.
Speaker 1: It's just been fantastic.
Speaker 3: I can see how if you lived there and got to have that life, you would think that everybody else is living a lesser life. I sure as heck would want to raise kids there. I can't even imagine what that's like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's substantial downsides, but you know, if you know, if if you want to get out and do things like that, and you know, it's great, it's a great place, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I still hope to do one year of my life. I'd like to live in New York for one year. I still hope to do that at some point. Oh, really, just to experience everything.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 3: You know, it would have been better to do it when I was like twenty three, probably, but I could go to the museum every day, and it would take you a lifetime to take a year longer to see everything in the museums. I did have the museum experience that I always have, where you've got about an hour in you of being amazed by things, and then after that there is nothing that could possibly amaze you in ouritanium.
Speaker 1: After about an hour.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other people at the museum start to annoy the hell out of you too, or I will speak for myself, the annoy the hell out of me, especially you know, once you get past one pm, get out the museum you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got there early and it was still crowded.
Speaker 3: I went to the Whitney at nine o'clock at night and it was practically empty, and it was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 1: I asked this question last time. I forget what the museum is that the whole Whitney.
Speaker 3: The Whitney is mostly American art, and I'm a big Hopper fan, Edward Hopper fan, and that's where all your Edward Hopper art is going to be. So that's what I was there for. My point was I'd been to a museums a while back and talked about this. What percentage of people at a museum want to be there? And I think we should work on getting out the people who don't want to be there. I asked my kids this when we were leaving. My son said maybe fifty percent. I said, I think it's lower than that. You take a couple. You look at the couple and it looks like either the dude or the chicks into it, and the other person is along to be nice. And then any family, none of the kids want to be there. So you got two parents and three kids, none of them want to be there. So I think it's maybe thirty percent of the people in the building want to be there.
Speaker 1: Why so, why do we.
Speaker 4: Do your recommend like video games, c an arcade for the kids, and I don't know, big screen TVs for the fellows who don't want to be there.
Speaker 3: Leave them in the hotel and let them watch TV or something. And then go on your own I think cells holding cells.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm thinking out loud. I did see where?
Speaker 3: Did I see some of those rooms that you can like they're kiosks with beds in them. We've talked about this before. I didn't use one. It seems so gross to me. I don't know if they clean the shell out, they clean the sheets, but it was like a little hut.
Speaker 1: Yes, every time, every customer, and.
Speaker 3: You can pay money to go in there and take a little snooze. I guess I love that idea so much.
Speaker 4: I wish I could like have one carted around behind me on some sort of trailer. Just wherever I go, wherever I am, there's a nap module ready to be used.
Speaker 1: It just a little sleepy time, just a little twenty minute cat.
Speaker 4: Now, if it's my own private nap module, sure, but if it's a public nap module where people like we're shooting up and having sex in.
Speaker 1: There, I find it. You're got to go to a better module.
Speaker 3: I have trouble getting to sleep laying in other people's fluids.
Speaker 1: I'm just funny that.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're disgusting, Michael, that's disgusting. Yes, Well, because that's not how it works. Nobody does that. Nobody could make any money doing that. That's an absurd and disgusting distortion reality. And you need to stop nobody's in anybody else's fluids.
Speaker 3: Good lord, man, I don't know. I saw some of the people coming in and out. Is that I don't want to lay in there or whatever? Oh God, I disavow, I disavow. We have some actual news. We need to catch up. How much is the big beautiful bill going to add to our national deficit or debt?
Speaker 1: I keep getting those numbers mixed up. And Elon Musk's new political party, we'll talk about that. I'm excited about this. Stay tuned.
Speaker 5: But the thing that disappoints me is that if I put out a model and I say, hey, here's what's going to happen. We're gonna get three percent growth, and then it turns out it's one and a half percent growth, then as an academic economist, as a scientist, then it's my duty to say, what did I get wrong?
Speaker 1: What did my model miss? These people aren't doing.
Speaker 5: That, And that's the thing that I find disappointing because we put you know, pure reviewed academic stuff on the table, said we're going to get that three percent growth, and then we got it right last time, and we.
Speaker 1: Believe we're going to get it right this time.
Speaker 3: I thought that was interesting. That's Kevin has it. Which of the people is he around Trump?
Speaker 1: What is his deal? He's a what that economic advisor guru? I whatever he is? He was on face the nation and he was in this.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not just trying to do a boosterism for the big beautiful bill because I think it, based on the punditary of most of my favorite pundits, is in it's total bad for the country. But I do think it is in keeping with the way we've been doing things in the United States now for several presidencies. So I don't think it's like an outlying horror either. It's just the way we do things now. Unfortunately, But I guys making the point that the CBO has been wrong many times on some big things in recent years, and nobody ever points that out. He used the example of what the CBO predicted the Trump tax cuts we're going to do initially in twenty seventeen, and they were wrong by half in terms of economic growth, and that they could be again.
Speaker 1: He goes on to talk more about that.
Speaker 5: But if you think that one point eight percent growth is what's going to happen over the next ten years, then you should agree with the CBO number. But there's another part of the CBO number that you need to worry about, and that is that if we don't pass the bill, that it's the biggest tax hike in history, and with that big tax hike, that of course we would have a recession. The CEA says that we'd have about a four percent drop in GDP and lose nine million jobs. If we got a four percent drop in GDP and we lost nye billion jobs, what would happen to the deficit? And so I don't think that the CBO has a very strong record. I don't think these places have a very strong record. And what they need to do is get back to the basics of looking at macroeconomic models. There's a really famous macro economist and Harvard Dave, Jimstock. They should go back and read everything Jim Stock has written for the last fifteen years and fold those into their models and then maybe we could talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I wanted to play that stuff just so you realize there are smart people that disagree with data back it up on some of these CBO predictions that the media is not telling you about it all. I remember, at the dawn of Obamacare, our own Craig, the healthcare guru, was saying the CBO estimates, everybody's estimates are wildly unrealistic.
Speaker 1: They're just wrong. And he turned out to be one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and there are all sorts of not only weird assumptions that they make, but the terminology they use and the baselines that they use. Like, for instance, even though this has been the policy for many years now, the current tax rates, they consider it a tax cut to keep them the same. Therefore, that's going to affect the deficit by ex trillion dollars, Right, But that isn't what you do with expenditures, just with taxes. It's just it's madness. It makes it really difficult for even like a person of goodwill and sure reasonable intellect to figure out what the hell is going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've got that what you just described, and then both parties obviously really shade their predictions or explanations in a direction that benefits them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's really really tough to know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: For what it's worth, Kevin hasse it is the director of the National Economic Council. Good for him, important role, Jack, Yeah, one he and his parents should be proud of.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For instance, he said that the CBO got Obamacare way wrong, as you were just alluding to, and he actually had the numbers in front of him how wrong they were.
Speaker 4: Well, how with the Republicans and Democrats. Elon Musk has started a new political party? Or has he?
Speaker 1: It's not Claire. We'll talk about that next. Armstrong and Getty. WNBA has a problem.
Speaker 3: I don't think any sports league has ever had where the players and the fans have such a disagreement about what is good for their existence. Anyway, we'll talk more about that next segment. I think it's interesting, even if you know nothing about that of the NBA.
Speaker 4: I saw the headline over the weekend that Elon Musk is going to create a new political party, the America Party. The current President of the United States. Good close friend. Wait, I'm being told by the control room no longer a friend with Elon Musk is commented on it to mister president.
Speaker 1: Starting a third party. I think it's ridiculous. To start a third party.
Speaker 7: We have a tremendous success with the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: The Democrats have lost their way.
Speaker 7: But it's always been a two party system, and I think starting a third party just hands to confusion.
Speaker 1: It really seems to have been.
Speaker 7: Developed for two parties. Third parties have never worked, So he can have fun with it, but I think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it's ridiculous, for the same reason that I've never poo pooed third party candidates. The Wall Street Journal points out that they never win, but they can siphon voters away.
Speaker 1: I've always said.
Speaker 4: They can make it clear to the existing parties that they're not doing the job, and if they don't come over here closer to where we are, they're gonna lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's happened a number of times in our lifetime of just doing talk radio.
Speaker 1: Elon put it to a poll.
Speaker 3: It was after the Big Beautiful Bill passed over the weekend, and he was so discouraged, as he had been saying for a while that.
Speaker 1: What did he call it? Remember that? What was that phrase he used for the Big Beautiful books?
Speaker 3: I loved it, but I can never remember it, And a big, unambiguous pilot crap or whatever it was. C Yeah, because we are going to spend ourselves into ruin, and that's absolutely clear, and this was a step that direction. And why did you even attempt to have doge if you're going to do this, I mean, it all makes sense from elon standpoint. So he put it to a poll on his Twitter, not surprisingly because if you follow Elon you probably like him more than two to one. People agreed we need a third party. So he said, Okay, the American Party. You asked for it, we got it. The question is how much of his political weight, and he does have quite a bit and money, which he's got more than anybody else on Earth, does he throw behind the effort at a third party?
Speaker 4: That's the question, right, Yeah, and this organizational, you know minions who could work on that sort of thing. I thought what he wrote on Twitter, I refused to say X. Every member of Congress who campaigned on reducing government spending and then immediately voted for the biggest debt increase in history should hang their head in shame and they will lose their primary next year if it is the last thing I do on this earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, he got that committed once before for Trump, and he made a huge difference. I think he certainly spent a lot of money, and if he were to individually fund rivals for House seats and set it seats, I think he could make a big ripple. The problem is, like you have already alluded to, people look at this whole third party thing just the wrong way. It looks like it's going to be a party that emerges on the scene all of a sudden and wins elections. And that has never happened. Has it ever happened? It had happened in France, that happened with Macrone. I mean it was a party that didn't exist until they've formed around him.
Speaker 4: And it actually happened in eighteen sixty it beat the other two parties. Yeah, and it's happened in eighteen sixty. But in the modern world, no, it has not happened. But the getting one party's attention for a while at least that you better get your act together if you want my support. Yes, it has happened many times.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's funny.
Speaker 4: Because they act like the forming of the party is upstream of the like the philosophy that it has When it's the opposite. People are highly dissatisfied, they're highly troubled by what the two parties are offering them, and they say, all right, we're going.
Speaker 1: To start a third party.
Speaker 4: And yeah, in recent history it ends up being gobbled up by one of the other parties those voters.
Speaker 1: But because they come closer.
Speaker 4: To where those people are, it gets gobblerfectly healthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it gets gobbled up.
Speaker 3: And that you have now changed one of the two dominant parties to be closer to what you want them to be.
Speaker 1: How's that a failure?
Speaker 3: I've never understood how you portray that as a failure.
Speaker 1: Right now, it probably wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: Say within a marriage, if you're dissatis fied with the way your wife is trading, you just start dating another gal.
Speaker 1: Move in with it. She says, all right, I'll cook three nights a week, you know whatever. This is right.
Speaker 3: The problem, the biggest problem with the whole third party thing, well, two things that are worth repeating. One, the two major parties have gone out of their way to make it incredibly difficult for a third party to ever have any success on any level.
Speaker 4: That is utterly undemocratic. Ain't crying about democracy. Yeah, ain't cool at all because they got a good game going right here where all the money flows to them and they want to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: So that sucks.
Speaker 4: So that's one reason to really support third parties. In my mind, the biggest problem flaw with the third party thing is whatever the issue is, you almost well not almost always in recent memory, you always help the party you hate the most and hurt the party that you like.
Speaker 1: M M. It's you know, the math works that way. Well, you got to be cruel to be kind.
Speaker 4: The Republican Party cannot rediscover its roots as a fiscal conservative party, then you screw them and let the Democrats win, and then they come closer to you. You know, it helps being older and seeing bunches of election cycles go by. You know what, turns out the whatever nineteen ninety six election wasn't the most important one of our lifetime. Right that midterm was in It's fine. Things went a little sideways for a minute, and then they got back on track. And you know, I was about to use the example repeat.
Speaker 3: Like I think like the Green Party and some of that stuff on the left has worked. It would seem to pull the Democratic Party closer to their side by caring.
Speaker 1: So much about their issues.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's happened with the Tea Party or any of the fiscal conservatism stuff. You had the Romney Ryan ticket in twenty twelve that got beaten pretty badly, and the Tea Party and all that. But man, they've completely abandoned fiscal conservatism.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, it doesn't work forever. Worth mentioning that Trump clapped back not only the clip we played, but he said no more rocket launches, satellites or electric car production, and our country would save a fortune. Perhaps we should have Doge take a good hard look at this big money to be saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fine, I didn't.
Speaker 4: He's sad to see Elon go off the rails. I won't see what happens if he's serious about it. There's another Elon related story I wanted to touch on, or is there something you're hot to try to get.
Speaker 1: To before we move to that. Do you think Elon's serious about this today? Yes? Will he hang in there and put the work in?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Man, he got serious about getting Trump elected?
Speaker 1: No one of the things he yeah, great, great.
Speaker 4: Financial and uh and cultural risk to himself. Which is not escaped the attention of these shareholders and board members of his various corporations who are being employed by Trump and Company, to remind him of his fiscal responsibility to them, and that maybe he ought to focus on his job, his day job a little bit. So yeah, that that and that will hold sway at some point. I mean it's got to. He's got to fulfill his fiscal responsibility to his shareholders. They're a chain saw chainsaw. Oh, that reminds me. I was going to talk about that. So he had a bunch of wind and we had a big branch fall down and wiped out our American flag a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Similar, Yeah, communist tree chainsaw coming for that tree. I'm not going to have any damn America hating tree in my yard. Way to plant a woke tree.
Speaker 1: I didn't plan it. I did. It was there when I moved in.
Speaker 4: But anyway, yeah, that that tree will not last to get a flag out of my launch.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: One more note on Elon Musk that I found very very interesting. He is in trouble in China. Not not literally in trouble with the Communist Party, but he was the toast of Beijing for a very long time because Tesla was the hottest car on Chinese roads. Tesla was a huge success in China for a while, government officials showered the company with incentives, part of a concerted strategy to turbo charge the Chinese ev industry by injecting Tesla know how into the country. No spurring competition, blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blaharty turbo chargers on an electric vehicle.
Speaker 4: It's a metaphor getting on Unfortunately, But now Tesla's market share has shriveled as other Chinese automakers have become more popular and Musk's reputation as a partner for Beijing. In Washington, an insider who can talk to Trump is taking a beating as his relationship with Trump sours.
Speaker 3: Man, are there are a lot less Tesla's on the East Coast than I'm used to seeing as a California a California, you come to a four way stop, three out of the four cars or at Tesla. Now you get to Florida or New York, No, not so much.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 4: So Tesla is hurting bad as a brand in China, and Elon as an influencer, is seeing his well influenced decline precipitously, and his trade tensions with the US heated up this year. Chinese Premiere or whatever that means. Lee Qwang made it clear that Tesla's local operation could we He said it wouldn't be targeted for retaliatory measures.
Speaker 1: But that's a hint, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, who's talking about Wait a minute, why did you just say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I wonder.
Speaker 3: What Elon cares about the most. I don't know how important it is for him to be the world richest man. He doesn't seem to care about material possessions the way Jeff Bezos does. God, I followed that whole ridiculous wedding for a while. What the freak is wrong with you, dude? You and your I mean, it's one thing that you're rich and you like nice stuff, but the needing to parade it in front of people for.
Speaker 1: Your tuned out of that during viguation, It's just horrible.
Speaker 3: Is the worst conspicuous consumption since Louis the sixteenth. Again, the behind closed doors. I kind of get it, you're rich, so you like nice stuff, but the needing to have everybody cheer as you walk out in all this stuff, like nine different times in three days. There's something seriously flawed with you. But I don't get the sense that Elon cares about the yacht giant diamond stuff. I think as an immigrant who came to this country and really made a go of it and a lot of his friends, I think he does really really care about America. I can see him going down with the ship on that taking a huge hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tesla is going to become an AI driven self driving car company, auto driving taxes, taxis and that sort of thing. I think what he's most interested in is what he's most interested in at any given moment, day, week, or month, and.
Speaker 1: We should be fun.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's Tesla anymore, or at least not as a traditional car company like we've been thinking of. Well not traditional, but you know what I mean. SpaceX is probably still pretty intriguing to them. But it could be this really seizes his attention, having stepped into the pool of national politics and found it a really interesting and be exciting and important.
Speaker 1: This could be his new Tesla, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, And he'd be running against the against Republicans, so maybe that brings.
Speaker 1: Them trying to outthink them. Yeah, maybe that brings back a lot of those new to Elon.
Speaker 3: Hating people that didn't like Trump gets them back in the fold of Elon.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, So what will the stick around their cars say? Now?
Speaker 4: I bought this before Elon went crazy, but kept it until he's now cool again.
Speaker 1: I parked it in the garage for nine months and now I drive it again.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just buy the car you want and quit with your bumper stickers and weirdos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hippies.
Speaker 3: The WNBA has a serious Caitlin Clark problem, even though it's the best thing that ever happened to him. Explain that it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 6: Next Armstrong, I was smart enough when I was ten years old to realize if I was ever going to get any Yankee stadium without buying a ticket, it was going to be to be in the booth, not to be wearing pinstripes.
Speaker 1: Out there on the field.
Speaker 6: But you know, you were in high school, and I wasn't half bad. I was good enough to be the last guy cut, but I knew I wasn't going.
Speaker 1: To be the star of the team.
Speaker 6: And it was just amusing that the baseball coach actually said to me when he cut me. He said something to the effect of, you're not bad with the glove, and you can run a little bit, but I don't think you can hit your weight, and I don't think you weigh one thirty, which might have been true when I was sixteen years old. And then he said, have you ever thought about broadcasting? Said that's pretty much all I think about. And he was a wry guy and he said, good try that.
Speaker 3: Wow, Bob Costas, Speaking of sports, the WNBA has a problem. I don't remember any professional sports league ever happening their most popular player, who's been the best thing that ever happened to them in league history, is not liked by the other players on the other teams so much so they just had the All Star voting for the WNBA. Caitlin Clark broke her record from last year among fan voting with the gazillion votes and finished in first place. She finished third in the media voting. With all the media she finished ninth in player voting. Wow, four guards, as in she wouldn't be on the team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that is a problem.
Speaker 3: And then the stats, the league commissioner said, Caitlin Clark's not only our most popular player, she's the most popular athlete in America, which she probably is. She her games garnered two hundred percent more viewership than the average w NBA game. She's responsible for almost thirty percent of all w NBA economic activity, and all merchandise sales have risen six hundred percent since she entered the league. Holy crap, I mean she is so dominant in terms of making that league relevant. But finished ninth and other player voting for the All Star roster.
Speaker 4: Wow, she is like her effect is similar to that to Tiger Woods back in the day. But daughter players didn't hate Tiger Woods. No, they might have resented getting whooped up on every tournament.
Speaker 1: But no, that's interesting. Strong, I'm strong ready thought. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe. I kind of wish we had more time to talk about that.
Speaker 4: It's a really interesting phenomenon evolving around race and all.
Speaker 1: Sorts of stuff.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's get a craction with Oh yeah, yeah, let's get a final thought from every and how lefties hate everybody who doesn't march to their drummer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says, trying to start the future one more time. Let's get a final thought from everybody, Michael lead us Off. I loved hearing about Jack's vacation.
Speaker 4: My favorite part that was him shaming his kids about them not being in shape.
Speaker 1: This is great, Jack, You're very great. Love it.
Speaker 4: Yes, shut up at March, Katie Green or a steam Newswoman.
Speaker 1: As a final thought, Katie, it.
Speaker 5: Is wonderful to have time off, but I completely lose track of.
Speaker 1: Days, times, all of it.
Speaker 3: So it's nice to have some normalcy again.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 4: Final thought for us, May you have a job you look forward to coming back to. I feel very fortunate that I was excited to come back to work today after a week's vacation. My final thought is my vacation I should have talked about. This started off terribly logistics and errands on Monday, then Tuesday into Wednesday, an intestinal illness that was like I'd swig down five gallons of free Jolles and wash them down with some local pond water in Tijuana. God, oh, the cramps, the cramps. But it all went away and we finished strong, which is kind of the key.
Speaker 1: All forgot. If you did those things, your stomach would be upset, so.
Speaker 4: That, yes, and I would not be able to stray far from the accommodation room. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling a four hour workday. So many people, thanks, so a little time. Go to Armstrong and getdy dot com. Grab yourself some swag huh. Drop a note nail bag at Armstrong and getdy dot com. Subscribe to our podcast so you never miss an episode. We will see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 1: I'm Strong and Getty match great in heaven. It's all better off and we're working together. No Joe, and everyone knows it. So let's go with a fine No, Henry, Henry, that is wrong. What is the biggest threat, Henry? The gorilla? That's right. The gorilla is the biggest threat. So do you see where my queen is right now? That is your biggest threat. Get rid of the gorilla, Henry, that I know. Bye Bye, Armstrong and Getty