Speaker 1: Welcome in everyone to Lively Lewis Stories.
Speaker 2: That's right, We're back with even more awesome adventures with Levi and Ivy.
Speaker 1: Set your storytime meter too fun and get ready to join the Lively Lewis crew.
Speaker 2: All you need is your imagination and we go.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. You see were my story to just today?
Speaker 1: Have you ever wanted to get more Lively Lewis.
Speaker 2: In your life, Well we've got you covered.
Speaker 1: Grab an adult and zoom over to livelyleuishop dot com.
Speaker 2: Or just click on the link in our show notes.
Speaker 3: Enough about that, let's get too today's super Live Ay Lewis story.
Speaker 1: I can't believe our parents are going to be writing for our favorite cartoon, The KaBlam and Boom Quaad, exclaim Levi's key and Ivy gobbleding on two ice cream Sundays covered in sprinkled hotfudge and mountains of lu cream at their favorite ice cream shop in town. I know I couldn't be more excited, replied Ivy. Do you think someday we'll get to be in the cartoon like mom and Dad can write us into an episode and we'll get to fly around with Captain KaBlam and super Boom, saving the world from menacing monsters that want to take away recess and make candy illegal, like like Colonel Cant, who's always telling Captain Kublam and super Bloom what they can't do. We've I looked up at Ivy from his giant ice cream treat. He'd never had that thought before and suddenly got very excited of thinking of being a superhero with his sister. That would be so amazing, shouted Levi, accidentally flinging sprinkles on his mom and dad as he stretched out his arms pretending to soar through the sky with his favorite superheroes. We could be in the episode where they finally catch Colonel can't, shouted Ivy, accidentally dropping us to slip cream on the floor as she pretended to take down the elusive villain with the best squad of superhumans this side of Saturn. Then we can get a spinoff cartoon and our pictures on backpacks and water bottles and our very own video game and stuff toys, ask Levi, going on and on. At this point, Levi and Ivy were so far into their own imaginations about what their new parents' job could turn into that their mom and dad couldn't do anything more than wipe the sprinkles off themselves and wait for a break in the conversation to add in a small dose of much needed reality. Hey kids called out Levin Ivy's mom, but they didn't hear her over their conversation about how they would take down Colonel can't Hey kids call out Levin Ivy's dad. Just a bit louder? Who wants more ice cream? That last part was enough to get Leevin and Ivy's attention for just long enough so their dad could tell them that they may be going a bit too far. We love that you too, are so excited that your mom and I took the job writing for your favorite cartoon, began Levine Ivy's dad. That was one of the biggest reasons that we did it. But we have show topics that we have to follow, and we can't just write in brand new characters anytime we want, at least not right in the beginning, interrupted Levin and Ivy's mom as she could see the looks on her kid's face is quickly changed from excited and hopeful too disappointed and sad. No need to be sad, though you two can help us with some story ideas at some point point, and maybe one day, if everything works out, we can talk about adding two new superheroes into the mix, said Levi and Ivy's dad, reassuringly, you two have great imaginations and I'm sure you can help us out a lot, said their mom. This is a really big deal for your dad and I, and we'll need your help too. Levi and Ivy were all smiles again after hearing that they were was a possibility of sometime being in their favorite cartoon with Captain Coublam and Super Boom, but until then they would be happy to just work behind the scenes. Okay, now that we've all got our smiles back, let's finish up our celebration ice cream and get back home, said Levi's mom as she finished up her chocolate chip cookie deal Sunday. Once back at home, Levi and Ivy were getting ready for bed, still talking about what it would be like to be in their favorite cartoon. Their parents heard their kids excited conversation and had a conversation of their own. They knew this job would be amazing and a great experience for both of them. However, as they talked more and more with the other writers for the cartoon. They started to realize just how much work they would be doing, longer hours, working on weekends, and even traveling since they lived pretty far from where the show was created. We're all part of what they had signed up for. You think the kids will be okay with all the extra work we have to do, right, asked Levi and Ivy's mom to her husband. Sure you heard how over the moon excited they were about our writing job, replied Levi and Ivy's dad. They'll totally understand that we need to put our best foot forward, and that means that we may not be around as much. But we're doing all this for them, and I know it will calm down once we get the hang of it. I guess you're right, said Levi and Ivy's mom, trying her hardest to believe what he was saying. She really hoped they could find a good balance with their new jobs and their wonderful family life. After all, family was everything to Levi and Ivy's parents, and Levi and Ivy too. They always made time for each other, supporting each other at their games, activities, and never missed ice cream Sunday Sunday. It was their favorite way to end the week, and they couldn't imagine it any other way. The very next morning, Levi and Ivy woke up extra early, even though it was summer break from school. They had just too much on their mind to stay in bed. They raced downstairs with a notebook filled with ideas that they had written down before they went to bed the night before. As they ran down the stairs, they shouted ideas back and forth to each other. They couldn't wait to share them with their parents. So in an upcoming episode, maybe Captain Coblam can take his sky racer and fly it to Mars and gather up some super shrinking dust to toss on Colonel Camp, exclaimed Levi, perfect replied Ivy. Colonel Camp won't be able to get up to his normal villain mischief if he's only two inches tall. Oh oh in And in another episode, maybe super Boom can build a new sky racer that goes super fast and can outrun any villain before they carry out their plans to take away all their chocolate or band silly dancing. I love that, said Levi as he high five the sister before they ran into the kitchen. Mom, Dad, we have so many great ideas for you to write about, shouted Levi before he stopped in his track and he entered the kitchen. Yeah they're so good, it'll be hard for you to pick which one to write about first, said Ivy as she slid to a stock behind Levi. Hi, guys, said their babysitter Hannah. I know you were expecting to see your parents. However, they had to head out to a super early morning meeting with a writer from the new cartoon they're working on, who was only in town today. They got the call last night after you two went to sleep, and called me right after they found out, so I could be here to babysit when you woke up. So it'll be fun time with Hannah today. Doesn't that sound awesome? Levi and Ivy had to take a minute to process everything Hannah was telling them. They finally took it all in as they felt their excitement level dropping. I mean, don't get them wrong, Hannah was the best babysitter around, but their parents never worked on Mondays, at least they didn't used to, and they were just so excited to talk to them about their ideas for the cartoon. Yeah, we're super excited to see you, Hannah said Levi unconvincingly. But you were expecting to see your parents, said Hannah, and I totally understand the feeling you're having. It's like when I thought we were having pizza one day for school lunch, and instead they switched it last minute to fish Dicks, still one of my favorites. But it took me a little while to warm up to the idea because I was looking forward to pizza. So I guess that makes you fish Dicks, said Ivy, trying to bring a little humor to the situation and cheer herself and Levi. But it didn't work. Hannah laughed, however, and God started making Levi and Ivy some breakfast. So what were you guys talking about when you ran in here, asked Hannah. Something about story ideas for that cartoon your parents are writing for. Levi and Ivy nodded their heads. It's our favorite cartoon and we're really excited that our mom and dad will be writing for it. Ivy began. We were excited to share some ideas with them because they said we could help them with a little bit of the ideas. Oh yeah, you too, are super duper creative, said Hannah. They were lucky to have you around, but this is just one day. I'm sure you can fill them in when they get at home. They shouldn't be gone that long. You're right, answered Levi as he looked at Ivy, trying to make her smile. Mom and dad will be home soon enough, and then we can tell them all about our story ideas. But for now, let's just have some fun with Hannah. You're right, Levi, said Ivy as she began to eat her cereal and talk about what fun things they could do together while they waited for their parents to get home. After breakfast, Levi and Ivy quickly got changed and ran off into the backyard. Hannah had brought over some seeds for them to plant and Ivy's garden. Ivy loved gardening and spent lots of time among her flowers and veggies, making sure they were growing big and strong. Hannah knew this and had brought over some some flower seeds that they started planning right away. I can't wait to see what these look like in a couple of months, said Hannah. They'll look amazing.
Speaker 3: I just know it.
Speaker 1: You're a great gardener, Ivy, thank you, Ivy said, as she watered her freshly planted seeds. Levi then suggested they play tag, so they did. Ivy then suggested they rode their bikes, so they did. Hannah then suggested that they do some chalk drawing, so they did. The morning was moving on quickly. Levi, Ivy, and Hannah were all having a great time. Uh did my parents say when they would be home? Asked Levi, as they were all hanging out in their treehouse. They didn't tell me exactly, but they said they would text me when they knew, said Hannah. And just as she said that, her phone buzzed. Look at that, it's a text message from your parents, said Hannah with a smile. What did I tell you? They'd be home in no time? Levi and Ivy loved being with Hannah, but that day they were really excited to see their parents, so they waited patiently while Hannah read the text. The smile on her face slowly faded because she knew the news she was about to tell Levi and Ivy would not make them too happy. So are they on their way home? Asked Ivy. Hannah didn't say anything. Or maybe it's just another hour or two, like they'll be home by lunchtime, asked Levi. Hannah shook her head. No, just after lunchtime, asked Ivy, looking a little upset, more like after dinner, said Hannah. I'm sorry you too, but they did say we could get pizza, so that's awesome, right. Levi and Ivy slumped down on their treehouse seping back chairs, looking rather defeated. I mean, at least they didn't say you have to have fish sticks for dinner, said Hannah, trying to make Levi and Ivy laugh. I guess you're right, said Levi. And we can always talk to them tomorrow about her ideas. And as she said that, Hannah's phone started to ring. Or it looks like you can talk to them right now, Hannah said, holding up her phone so Levi and Ivy could see the incoming calls from their parents. Levi and Ivy smiled so big and grabbed the phone. Hi mom and dad, They shouted, sorry, they grabbed the phone for me, giggled Hanna in the background. As you put it on speaker so everyone could hear Hi, Levi and Ivy, Oh, and Hannah laugh. Levi and Ivy's mom, We're sorry, we weren't there when you got up this morning. Did Hannah tell you why we had to run out?
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: Mom, it's not a big deal, said Levi. We were just a little upset because Ivy and I have a whole bunch of ideas to tell you that maybe you can work into the cartoon. Yeah, so many great ideas, like one where Captain Caudblam gets bunked on the heads and forgets he's a superhero, Ivey started to say. And then Superroom has to try and convince him who he is. But Captain KaBlam keeps breaking all his superhero tools and it's super klutzy, Levi said, interrupting his sister. It would be such a funny episode. And then we thought of a story idea where Colonel Can't needs another villain named Deputy Don't And they started, Ivy before her mom stopped her. Levi, Ivy, all of that sounds great, but we don't have time to talk about it right now, said their mom. I'm sorry, but we only have about five minutes before we have to run to another meeting. But we wanted to call and say hello, tell you we love you so so much, and we'll see you later. Hi, Levi and Ivy, said their dad as he hopped on the call. We hope you're having a great day and Hannah's gonna get you some pizza for dinner. Okay, sure, dad, that sounds fine, said Levi, feeling a little but knowing that his parents had work to do. Sorry, this call has to be so quick, but the person we're meeting with is only in town today and she said she didn't know when she would have time to meet with us until later last night, said Levi and Ivy's dad. We couldn't miss the opportunity to meet with her in person. She's one of the head writers for the cartoon you understand Right After a few seconds of silence, Levi and Ivy gave somewhat of an unconvincing sure we understand to their parents. Normally, their mom and dad would have heard the bit of a sadness in their voice and asked to talk about how they're really feeling, But this time their dad just said I knew you would. Goodbye and have a great night. Levi and Ivy's mom quickly shouted goodbye, love you as they both hung up the phone and ran off to their meeting. Levi and Ivy knew some things would be changing after that call, but what they didn't know was they had the power to help with those changes. Hannah could tell that Levi and Ivy were upset and disappointed to not be able to share their story ideas with their parents that day, so she had to think of something to do. What do you say we have a reverse lunch today? Asked Hannah. It took Levi and Ivy a minute to even react to what she was saying, but when they did, she explained that a reverse lunch was when you eat dessert first. Levi and Ivy liked the sound of that, so off they went to grab some ice cream inside, Although they didn't forget about how disappointed they were and o'll see their parents, ice cream was a good way to try and forget about it. The day went on and Levi and Ivy continue to play with Hannah and enjoy some tasty extra cheese pizza for dinner. Then, as they held Hannah clean up the dishes from dinner, they waited anxiously for their parents to walk through the door. Then once again, Hannah's cell phone buzzed. Are they on their way? Asked Levi, knowing it must be as parents, not exactly, Buddy, said Hannah. They won't be home for a few hours. They said for me to put you to to bed, and they would for sure see you in the morning. What's making them stay out so long, asked Ivy. Hannah texted back Ivy's question because she felt it was an answer they deserved to have. Respet she got said that their all day meeting turned into dinner with the head writer for the cartoon, where they were discussing some scripts that they needed completed Suitor rather than later. Levi and Ivy's parents told Hannah to tell the kids that they loved them, to have a great rest of their night, and they would see them in the morning. Don't be so upset, kiddos, said Hannah, sensing how sad Levi and Ivy were. Your parents said you could have ice cream for dessert if you'd like. Then Levi said something that he thought he would never say. No, thanks, I'm not in the mood for ice cream tonight, and then he turned around and went upstairs to his room. Yeah, I don't think ice cream can help us feel better, added Ivy as she followed Levi up the stairs. Hannah knew they needed some time and let them hang out in their rooms for a bit. Levi and Ivy talked about how they were feeling, and after a few minutes they walked back downstairs. You know what, Hannah, Ivy and I talked about everything, and we know mom and dad have a lot of work to do because they just started this new job, said Levi. And days like this aren't going to happen too many more times. Yep, I'm sure days like this will only happen once in a while, added Ivy. So they got this one out of the way already, and moving forward, everything will be back to normal. Hannah smiled, happy that Levi and Ivy had talked how they were feeling and landed on an answer that made them feel good. However, being a bit older, Hannah knew that long days and nights at work were something that could happen more and more, especially if it's a big job like writing for a cartoon, and on top of that, a job that you just started. She decided to quickly change the subject, asking Levi and Ivy if they wanted to play a board game. They did, and before they all knew it, it was time for bed, Levi and Ivy drifted off to sleep, and when they woke up the next morning, they did so with the expectation that their mom and dad would be waiting downstairs to see them. They were even more excited that second morning, waking up ready to share their story ideas with their parents. That is until they got downstairs and no, Hannah wasn't waiting to greet them again, but neither were both their parents. Hi, Mom, where's dad? Asked Levi as he gave her a hug in the kitchen. Ivy did the same thing, and they both sat and down at the kitchen table with their notebook full of ideas for Captain Couldlam and Super Boom. We missed you so much yesterday, said Ivy. We're just so happy that you got that long day out of the way, so now we can get back to normal. Back to normal and share some great writing ideas we have with you, said Levi with a big smile. So is dad going to be up soon? Levi and Ivy's mom smiled and got some breakfast ready for her kids as she explained what was going on for the day. So your dad is already up and out of the house, she said, knowing they weren't going to take that as well. What Levi exclaimed? Where is he? Added Ivy? And when is he coming back? Well, he will be back soon, but it's going to be another long day for him and me. Levi and Ivy's mom began, we need to write an entire episode that has to be reviewed by the other writers by the end of the week, and we want to make sure it's amazing because it's our first one. So Dad and I will be working at the house, but we need your help. This was it, Just what Levi and ive you were waiting for. They were going to be pulled into help with the story ideas and writing. Finally, awesome, they both shouted. We have so many great ideas, like we started telling you the other day, said Levi. We'll get the best script done in no time at all, added Ivy as she started to flip through the notebooks of ideas in front of her and Levi. Well, actually, this first script, your dad and I are going to write by ourselves, said Levi and Ivey's mom. I'm sorry you too. We were given a story idea by the head writer. We have to work off of that, so we don't need your help just yet. Oh okay, said Levi. Then what are we going to do while you're working? How can we help since we'll need time to concentrate on the script. Dad went to pick up Grahama to come over and watch you here, said Levi and Ivey's mom. We thought that would be best because you'd have all your stuff here to play with and your friends in the neighborhood. Does that make sense? Yep, it makes sense, said Ivy. But it doesn't make us feel good, whispered Levi to his sister. Shortly after breakfast was done, Levi and Ivy's dad walked in with their grandma. They were very happy to see her, but still disappointed that they couldn't help with any of the writing. But they knew this was a big deal for their parents and they wanted to be helpful, and they assumed that something like this would only happen once in a while and in no time at all, everything would be back to normal, and then their parents would have time to listen to all their great ideas well. Unfortunately for Levi and Ivy, that wasn't exactly how it happened at all. Day after day, Levi and Ivy's parents were pulled in different directions, all having to do with work. Day after day, Ivy was taken to karate or art classes by her friend's parents instead of her own, and day after day Levi was driven to soccer or guitar lessons by his grandma or Hannah's parents. Levi and Ivy noticed that they weren't seeing their parents as much as they were used to, and they really missed it. So did their parents. Yes, their mom and dad made it to their games, recitals, and other activities, but they often seemed distracted or had to take calls or answer emails while they were there. They didn't have meals together all the time like they used to, and sometimes bedtime would come and go without a story. And then there was their special tradition of ice cream Sunday Sunday. The first Sunday they missed it, Levi and Ivy let it go because their parents had just finished up their big first script and had a long video meeting with all the other writers to work on some finishing touches. Then the second time they missed it, Levi and Ivy gave it a pass too. They were really proud of their parents and so excited to someday be involved with what they were doing that they let it go. But the third and the fourth time they missed their ice cream Sunday Sunday was just too much. Levi and Ivy had to do something. They decided to ask their parents to please take a moment to step away from their work and have a family night in the backyard. Levi and Ivy made decorations, baked brownies with their grandma, set out games to play, and even put together a playlist of their family's favorite songs to play over their outdoor speaker. They put up some twinkle lights, made some lemonade, and set up some chairs and a small table in Ivy's garden. Then they waited, an waited, Then finally their parents walked outside, looking tired and a bit stressed out. Mom and Dad, please come over here and take a seat, said Levi. You look like you need it, said Ivy. A few days before this, Levi and Ivy had a talk. They knew their parents loved them more than anything, and they knew that everything they did they did for them to better their lives, to make them happy, and to provide them with everything they could possibly ever want. Or need, and they both understood this new job was one of those things. It was a wonderful, super cool opportunity, and they never wanted to make their parents feel bad for all the work they were doing. They just wanted their parents to know that they were proud of them, but also that they missed them. And they hoped it at their backyard family night that they could all talk and work out a solution to this problem because they knew how much their parents missed them to Levi and Ivy's parents each took a seat in the garden, but not before looking at their phones. I'm sorry, but we are going to have to take those from you, said Ivy. We are your important meeting tonight. Levi added with a smile, and it was at that moment that Levi and Ivy's parents knew it was time to listen to their kids. They handed over their phones and took a breath. Levi and Ivy told their parents everything that was on their minds, how they missed them, how they were proud of them, how they were there to help wherever they were needed, but also how they had to spend some more time together. Well, thank you for planning all of this said Levi and Ivy's mom, with tears in her eyes. We have missed our normal family routine as much as you. I guess we were just so distracted by our new jobs that we just kept going and didn't realize how much time and how many things had passed by. I completely agree with your mom, added Levi and Ivy's dad. We're sorry these last few weeks have been so busy for us. Thank you for being such great kids and letting us do everything we needed to do and to give this great opportunity all we had to offer. We're always going to be here for you, mom and dad. But it hasn't just been a few weeks. It's been a few months, said Ivy. I know that because some flowers take just over two months to grow, and we planted these with Hannah the first day you started writing. Then Ivy turned and pointed toward a large group of sunflowers towering over their heads in the garden. Her mom and dad looked up an awe, so impressed by what she had grown. I can't believe it's been that long already, said Levin Ivy's dad. I'm sorry we missed this and everything else. The two of you been doing this summer. I'm sorry, two kids, but I know just how you feel, said Levine Ivy's mom. Then they went on to tell their kids stories of when they were little and their parents had busy jobs that sometimes got in the way of their family time. Their parents at one time felt the same way that Levi and Ivy felt right then, so they knew what their kids wanted to hear.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 1: Levi and Ivy, you know how much we love our new job, and we know how much you love our new jobs, began their dad. I think it's about time that we take a look at some of your amazing story ideas and see how we can work them into some upcoming scripts. You know, all of us working together. What do you think about that? We would love that, shouted Levi and Ivy at the same time, but we'd love something else even more. Can I take a guess at what the other thing is? Asked their mom. You want us to get back to how things were before we took this new busy job. Levi and Ivy nodded their heads, but then Levi said, we know it can't go back to exactly how it was, and that's okay. We know you'll find new schedules that work for us and the new ways to share our time. And we're excited to add this new job into our family and all the cool stuff it brings with it. I think we just need to talk about it how it will work now without giving up all the family stuff we already love so much before the new job began. That sounds great to me, said Levi and Ivy's mom and dad, And that night, in Ivy's garden with towering sunflowers overhead, Levi, Ivy and their parents worked out a new way for their job to fit perfectly into their family. As days and weeks and months went on, Levi and Ivy's parents reworked their schedules so work ended after Levi and Ivy got home from school, leaving time for activities, games, and recitals without phone calls or work emails to answer. Levi and Ivy also knew that sometimes there would be work trips or long days if a special project was being worked on, but they knew that wouldn't be all the time, and they were told beforehand so it wouldn't be a surprise. Then, when Levi and Ivy were given the chance to help their parents with some writing ideas. It was amazing. They could have not been happier or prouder to help out and work together as a family. And funny enough, it turned out that a great time to have family writing brainstorming meetings was on Sunday nights, and something that helped them think of great ideas just happened to be ice cream Sundays. So with that wonderful tradition back in place, Levi and Ivy found a new balance in their family. This balance allow their parents to work to achieve their dreams while providing for their kids, as well as giving everyone the chance to work together and share the creative experience. And the first time that Levin and Ivy ever saw one of their story ideas brought to life on their favorite cartoon, it was just about the best day ever. But not just because Captain could Blam and super boom strunk Colonel Kant was super shrinking dust from Mars, but because they got to work with their mom and dad to make it all come to life, proving to Levi and Ivy that no matter what life throws at them, their family will always be first. Thanks for joining us today, we hope you enjoyed the story and learned a little something too.
Speaker 2: And since we know everyone has their own story, we'd love to hear yours.
Speaker 1: If you have an idea for a Lively Lowis story, leave a comment on our Apple Podcast review page with five stars, your idea, and your little one's name.
Speaker 3: Then maybe I'm next to thank you will be with.
Speaker 2: You until our next story time hangout gank friends, I mean, we
Speaker 3: Can't wait to share another fun, Lively Lewis story with you.