Speaker 1: This episode of Bustle with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports. I'm gonna throw a few words at you all right, here we go. Grit, dependable, hard working, strong, advanced.
Speaker 2: What are these words?
Speaker 1: Embody? They embody the Chevy Silverado. Shout out Chevy Silverado, no free, shoutouts the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. This Silverado is dependable like the people who drive them. You. The design is big, bold and commanding, and this truck will knock you out of your socks and turned heads when you roll up in this thing. A partner with grit determination, anything is possible. And that's why Bustle with the Boys has partnered up with Chevy Silverado because it just makes sense from everything in tailgating, hauling that new big screen TV or couch to watch the boys in, or you want to flex on somebody towing those boats, RVs and trailers, off roading, moving day, helping out your friend or family member even when you you don't want to help them out, but you just want them to see that, Hey, you're driving that Chevy Silverado. Road trips all of it. The truck does everything, and that is why you need to get your cute little behind in a Chevy Silverado. You want to know what it takes to be the best and what some of the most legendary players have in common. You got to be on top. You got to be strong, You got to be ahead of the game and forward thinking. You have to work harder than everyone else, and you have to come through when everyone else is giving in. It takes grit and you can't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Just like the top tier athletes, just like the Boys, just like the wolf Pack, just like everyone involved in this, the Silverado is in a league of its own, strong, advanced, and dependable. Take yourself to a Chevy dealership near you and let them know that the boys sent you.
Speaker 2: A couple of housekeeping things for the boys. Here's a questions your tier ones. Dude, you guys are absolutely just being magnificent. I fucking love everything you guys are doing, the spread, the running down the last week. And you think you got to play a little math with me here right because this you're listening to this on Monday. I did this on Tuesday. My first solo pod came out yesterday, but to you, it came out a week ago. Right, So we're playing this teeter totter of updowns through in the rounds the week before that with THEO Vonn and Brandi Shaw, which I'm assuming probably has a little bit to do with it. Dude, fucking I had to bring out my curse words too, because I realize I'm I'm cursing a lot, but frickin' you guys, dude on the YouTube on the live premieres, which my live premiere solo is coming out tonight. I'll probably have something else to say about that later. Is has absolutely been ascending at this rate, no turbulence, so we'll probably keep a little straight, just straight into the atmosphere. So I appreciate you guys, man, because you guys are keeping this bus moving figuratively not literally. There's not even a driver's seat, but you guys have done a good job, dude. So you guys are ascending, dude. You guys are through the roof man like, just absolutely crushing it. The youtubes are doing it. You guys are just debscribing or rating five stars. The interaction on Twitter has been unbelievable. I've got a weird thing going on with Twitter and Instagram right now because When we first started this Bust Went the Boys podcast, me and Will, it was Will was always tweeting and me and Taylor behind his back, Will just make fun of him link. Why is this guy always tweeting and doing stuff? And now here I am, you know, completely just being off the rockers and tweeting about everything. But you guys have been awesome, dude, you guys have been unbelievable. And before we get any farther, let's just dive in. Welcome to Bust one with the Boys, brought to you by Barstool Sports. Now we need to, as always subscribe and rate five stars. Now, the way we keep this thing going in the direction is like the Pay It Forward movie, Right, you tell a friend, who tells two friends, who tells two friends, who tells too friends. That's how we fucking get the triangle of love, our pyramid scheme of podcast. We got to get that thing going. So you gotta tell just you got to be our advertisement. Man. I'm not I'm not gonna go spend money on billboards. I might spend money, actually I love Billboards. But you guys got to subscribe. You got a rate five stars, dude, subscribe subscribe on the YouTube channel, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram. You can go to Busting with the Boys BUSTINWTV dot com. Smack that merch up, dude, we had sales. You missed out on it, but the sale you're still able to get merch if you want. We sold out on a few things, didn't we, Joshi, Yeah, what we did? We have We have a lot of sellout things. You guys are It's unbelievable. The following you guys have had, which I've kind of I talked about in the pre pre intro before the intro, it's a it's been very cool man, you guys. You guys have been awesome. I think I'm wondering, and like I said before about how we have to follow the bouncing ball when I record these things. I'm wondering how my last podcast aged, right, because there's a lot of Titan fans out there today that I've seen on my Twitter that are very upset about the last game against the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You look at the end score and people people are saying I'm not saying what people are saying, Well, you know, it's trash time we end up coming back blah, blah blah blah, Yes and no, all right, did the boys have the best first half ever? I'll obviously not like for me to go and try to you know, save that you know, Knight and Shining Armor, save the Boys of the of the reports. I can't do that for you right now. But what I can do is double down on fighting through adversity that the boys did before. Ah, that was actually just cough, that wasn't actual. Maybe I have COVID. Maybe it's good that I'm not with the boys right now. But ah, one thing that it's just tough. Right the way the games snowballed in the beginning, they drive down, they get three, that's no biggie, we go for a fourth now, people, Now here's the issue with people. Everyone's a coach on Monday, right, So people are calling out Varyabel, calling out Arthur Smith, that dumbashion of don X, Y and Z. If we would have got it, you guys would be like the balls on these guys right, the steel conness these dudes are repping with. All Right, it didn't the fourth and one didn't work out, right, Aaron Brewer, And then people will be upset about Aaron Brewer catching that that ball. Aaron Brewer is legitimately like he's like not even six two, and I think he would say he's says two. I don't think he is like two eighty five. The dude's a freak athlete, all right. I've seen the kid run. I love the death hard worker, freak ath I've seen him catch balls. That stuff happens, man, Dude rallied and dude got to it. And that's one of the things. So you don't get the fourth and one right now, you're a short field. You're about at the fifty, right around the forty yard line. Now they go in, they go in and score. Now that's asking a lot of the defense, right people, Well, statistically this year third down, I don't want to hear it, dude, you know why, because I'm all about the positivity right now. You have to stay positive and times. But it's the holiday season. You see the lights. The boys did say to me. The boys did say that the lights that was gonna get better and better as we go. I guess we missed this week and that's okay. I just don't want this to become a habit, right, we just don't want to do that. We don't want things to become where we just start turning downwards. We've already talked about the ascend upwards, and why would we change that because it's a beautiful baby. All right, I'm trying to get to a cruising out to thirty thousand feet, you know what I'm saying. So the boys go and score, right, Not the boys, the Browns. The Browns go and score. Now it's ten to zero, all right. Then something happens that never happens, never happens. Unfortunately, these things do happen sometimes, and Derek should not beat himself up about that, because Derek's a workhorse's a he's a face of our team. He does an amazing job. He beats kids downs over down, over and over and over again. And so the guy fumbles. Look at who's the guy. What's the guy's name that pulled it out? He was a first round pick a while back, right, and he's bounced around a little bit. The defensive lineman that got him. Oh man, I wish I knew we were I think he went to Missouri regardless. Fuck pulls his arm, ball comes out, and now you're back at the fifty yard lane. Right, So these guys don't even have to travel that far to go score. Now the games seventeen to zero, and we just blinked right like I don't know if the first quarter was over. It was like, oh, whoa, that's a lot to go down. Fast forward to halftime. I'm tweeting, little adversity, no big deal. Then they throw the bomb. Right now, everyone's like, fuck you, Taylor, why don't you do something? You fuck and loser? I don't know what do you what you guys are gonna do? I have Tony cl You know what I'm saying, Like, there's there's only so many things that you can do in the situation. Me, I've already said this from day one. All I am is a number one fan, right, text the boys before the game, win or lose. I text the boys after the game because I love them to death. And I know those guys. You guys don't know those guys right, you're listening to me. I am the mediator between you and those guys, and those those are unbelievable dudes. They go into halftime, are you're on the phone with one of my friends. We're talking, right, we're coaching, We're talking about what they should do what they should de blah blah blah blah. They get the ball in the beginning of the second half, goes drive down there and score, drive down to this, or like, just start the wheels, just start turning, defense starts playing better. Things just are starting and you're starting to think, right around halfway through the third quarter or maybe even a little late later than that, the boys might pull this off. Then they go into four minute mode after the game. Baker Mayfield right and and Baker Mayfield there's there. I have different levels of how I feel about Baker right, because if he was my teammate, I'd probably love the guy to death. I'd probably be all about him. Now I don't play with him, you know, so I'm looking at him. I love this slappy with your progressive commercials. You know what I'm saying. What you mean, you lost your keys that many times? Eventually you had to tell your fucking wife to go get the keys. Right. You can't go through the security system that many times. Eventually you're gonna get flagged. You can't go back and forth, can't do that in stadiums. Have your girlfriend, wife, whatever her name is, go in and get the things yourself. Chivalry. I get it, but still it's it's very it's frustrating, frustrating to see the antics and stuff like that when it's not going for you. Right, Like we're all about we talked about the horrorball and the Rabel thing, and we're a gung ho about it. Right, I'm over here speaking out of two sides of my mouth. I'm not the joke. I'm not gonna joker. I'm like this, I'm like this, like this, I'm not the joker, dude, I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth because I'm all excited about when Rabel Big times Horrible because that it's hilarious. And now Baker Mayfield, which the most athletic move I've ever seen in my life. When Higgins catches the ball and does the fix up his tie in the briefcase, he walked horrible. It was his celebration. He did a terrible job of it. I don't think he really bought into the role. But Baker Mayfield with his spin to one knee paparazzi move, that shit's unbelievable. That was I watched that in my knee hurt. But he was like, we can't do that anymore. And I just massaged it a little and said, you're gonna be all right, sweet cheeks. It's gonna be okay. Eventually we'll be able to do that again. I don't know if I could do that before that. The kid's an athlete, right, and the kid has haters. And the more talking about it, the more I like Baker Mayfield because the guy's got adversity all the time. He's a loud mouthcat, talks a bunch of shit, all this different stuff and goes out and does what he did. I'm happy. I'm happy for him that way, But then you see the antics and I'm watching my team lose to him, and I hate the guy, you know. And I'm sure Titans fans are pissed about that, are pissed about the fight from the team, like we had it we could have done at the end, right, like there's too many mistakes whatever. I don't I'm not a coach. I can't go into that. I Like I said before, you guys probably think I know what I'm talking about. I have no idea what I'm talking about, you know, I just don't, But I do know. I just I love watching the boys play and I loved the fight they had at the end of the game. That was to me the coolest thing and such a big difference between twenty and fourteen twenty fifteen, which I talk about all the time, but like, you got to know your history so you don't repeat negative shit, because if you go, you know, two and fourteen, three and thirteen, that's a feeling you never want, dude. You never want to be in mid October going I ain't no chance we're gonna win this. We're gonna win the rest of the year. This is awful. And to watch those guys fight back from a thirty one point deficit, which I think was a franchise record at halftime, like, that's pretty cool. That's very cool to see that kind of fight. I think Rabel said it in the news a little bit. We just got to build off that second half. They did great, dude, they did. They did an awesome job. You didn't get the win you wanted, but you know what, they play again. I'm thinking the Giants, you know what I'm saying. There's a lot to be proud of it that game. Miles Garretty beast, Yeah, I probably sounds really really weird in your ears, just me drinking the water. I'm not gonna say what water because we don't do free shoutouts here, but if you guys want a sponsor, we would love it. I actually love drinking this water. I'm not gonna say what it is. Miles Garrett to beast, dude, you could tell I tell you what I had COVID back in back in late June, and I you know it was. It wasn't like a horrible thing. It was what it was. But when I had it, I was hurting. When I went back to going to work out, I took my ten days or whatever the CDC rules are, and I went back and I did my workouts. And while I was doing my workouts, dude, the very minimum of stuff I would used to do was hurt in the old lungs. And so my he was on COVID right, correct, he was on COVID reserve, yep, watching him knowing hit like. I don't know Miles like that, right. I've been around him a few times, talk to him a few times. Good dude. I know Steelers fans don't think that after the whole Mason Rudolph thing, or was it Mason Rudolf, Yeah, it was Mason Rudolf watching like watching him during the game because I'm watching David Lee Questionberry right, who I think had another good game. I think, yeah he had. He had a sack. Dude. Listen, you get to games like that where you're down thirty one points, you get a sling one hundred times, like you boy might have given up a sack there, right, your boys given up sacks. It was not like it's like, oh the Invincible to want No, dude, that shit's hard. It's hard to be a play left tackle, but it's hard to play any part in the office line. I think he held his own. Do you had a couple of short corner We talked about those things, he and I talked about out the game, and I think he I think he played well from what I can tell. Obviously, it wasn't the dominating performance. It wasn't against the Indianapolis Colts because well, you know, that's that's how shit rolls sometimes, right, You ride the highs, you ride the lows, and you try to stay in the middle to make sure you can just continually get better every single day. I think David Lee did a good job of staying level the whole whole entire time. That's the kind of fight that dude has. But but you could tell Miles during the game. They'd show him after like two plays that the series just started rights third and six or whatever, and the dudes like, you know, hands on the old hippers, legs are crossed, and he's doing the thing. He's doing that, and you can just tell he's hurting, and you know, I don't know if that's that's how he really was. He likes to play the game because some dudes actually played the game where you do a little you're hurting a little bit, and then oh, you'll just go shop part do you think to you're so, oh, this guy's not gonna go he's dying, right, and then boom, the dude gets after it. And so he did that. He did that a few times. But I could tell I could feel like I because I've gone through it. And everybody has different experiences, right, Some people were in the hospital, some people don't even feel anything. I think he and I were around the same bar based on how he looked from a body language standpoint, which is a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says right here. His parents actually both had it too, and he said he was in a lot of pain during the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we won't see. I didn't even read that article. And that's how smart I am, dude. You know, I say I don't know what I'm talking about, and then here we are. I guess I know everything that I'm talking about, right, just dipping back into that Sarahbellum that and you know what, look up, what the fuck in the brain is thinking right, because I don't think Sarah Sarah Bella emotions, whatever that is. I'm dipping into that, all right, I'm dipping into your brain. I'm swimming around, dude, just slithering around, loving you up, making you feel special, dude, and you're listening right now, and you guys are crushing it. It's unbelievable the growth. Right, we're doubling down and I might even caripled down on that, dude. So I guess Miles not feeling good from a Titan standpoint. That's one for US first, COVID, right, that's one for US. I don't know what score are we at now. I believe it's four to three four three US or four three. Oh, we're dominating COVID. We're dominating COVID right now. That's a big deal, dude. I gotta I gotta be honest. I can't stand COVID. I can't stand this shit. Dude. He here, let me tell you guys about how dramatic you guys are. You people right? You people your people right? And it's both sides.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Let's cut the political line down the middle where Daddy likes to stay all right, day likes the dip ist toes left in a little bit right sometimes right because I like the I'm a Switzerland cat.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're a big Trump guy, guess who else is a big Trump guy? Your boy? Right? If you big Burning guy, guess who is a big burn Not Bernie Biden guy. Here's a big Biden guy, your boy? Right? Because because dude, I don't know, right, I'm twenty nine, I don't know. I don't fucking know. No one knows politics, no one knows what's going on, right, I think it talks to the illuminati and shit. Listen, COVID people, let's talk about what you should and should not do in COVID. Right, you want to wear a mask, wear a mask?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: If you're in the on the highway by yourself in a car wearing a mask, you've probably gone too fucking far right. You're probably this way right stage left. If you know what I'm talking about, it's a little too much. It's okay to take that thing off and get it gets some fresh area once in a while, you know what I'm saying. Because if you think about this, you got a mask on and someone rips a fart, you might smell all the fart, right, Okay, so you probably that shit. Probably it could not get in, It could get in. I don't know, right. Fauci says one thing, CDC says another. It's crazy all right now. If you're having a conversation with me and you say, huh, Nazi Germany, I'm done. I am very dust dude. I am out of here. I'm out of here. In that conversation, we're not talking about mask jennicide. We're talking about the COVID thing, right, the mask, the moment, the no mask. Me personally, I loved what what shab said. Shah goes. I'm a stats guy nine nine point nine percent. I feel good about it. I'm not a mask guy. Me. I'm probably not either. But if there's an old person who feels uncomfortable in a situation, I'm gonna put the mask on because that's you know, it's just the golden rule, right, Joe Rogan says, it best just be cool to people, do the cool thing and just be cool.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's talks about liberties be taken away, and there's talks about you know, so on this side and we or you know, these people are bigots and racists on that side. It's just all we are just too divided as a country, you know. And what am I? What am I? I'm a privileged asked white dude, right like I I I am right anyway you want to say, Like, dude, I'm a I'm a straight, rich white male, right the the like the worst, the worst right now, right or whatever. I don't know. I don't fucking know. I just think that we need to take a fucking chill tablet.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Where's that prescription? Where's the doctor issuing the chill tablets? Take these twice daily, you know what, and maybe you'll just calm the fuck down a little bit, everybody. I'm not saying this. You'resn't get abut to me over here. Get mad. If you guys walking about me over here, get mad. But your boy stays in the line, right in the middle. This is what we're gonna do because it's frustrating. Right the whole world's fucking running on shambles, and some of the world's doing well. Some of the worlds I'm doing well. America is not doing a great job with this stuff. We're not doing We're not doing a great job, and we need to we need to figure that shit out a little bit, because there's got to be a happy medium. I don't have I don't have the answers for that. So if you're like, well, you fucking you think you should a smart guy, Taylor, like you should fucking do something about it. You should do you should win for up. I'm not gonna do that, dude. Here's I am. I'm gonna sit on my bus and I'm gonna spew out basic in the middle opinions that doesn't really piss off anybody too much. That's what I'm gonna do. You know what I'm saying. When I was in the Titans building when all that shit was going down and people were pointing fingers, that that's the issue. Right with Twitter, everyone's got an opinion. Everyone's ripping around with their opinions and you guys. Yes, we got a little bit of an infestation in the Old Titan community. We got an infestation about some fair weather fans. That's okay. I don't think you should live and die by a sports team. I don't think you should do that. But you can't be like, fuck these guys right away when they're losing by thirty one points. Fuck these guys when the COVID rules come out, because you have no idea what's going on. And I know because I was there when the COVID said what's going on? And I also know that Rabel John the Trainers police that shit just fine. So relaxed, dude, all right? You know Aretha Franklin says, respect. Just switch the words, the letters and the word to relax and then we'll we're there, right R E L A xx xxxx x. A little bit of relax, that's what we're doing, right. I've also thought I could be a country singer. I've also that's what happens when you get hurt. But I digress. Literally, that's my COVID rant for the day. I just think, right, you want to go into a store, I don't want it to be forever. I don't want to wear a mask forever, right, because if people are doing COVID and flu, eventually when we just say okay, flu is now covid, covid is now flu, right, we're just gonna live. I don't know when that happened. I don't know, you know, because the boys not a doctor right, general studies major. But for now, until we're figuring out the wallows of life and this whole twenty twenty thing, let's just if we're gonna go to the place just with a mask, and then you take it off and bitch about it asu as you in the car. I love that, dude. I love a good like individual bitch session. I do it all the time in the car. I'll just start bitching at people all the time. It's beautiful and you get out for chess. And also, if you're in the car wearing a mask, pre turn on the new Wreatha Franklin song. Relax, dude. You know what I'm saying, A re e l a xaxac. I need a little relax that da la. That's what we're gonna do. You know what how many people did I reach with that rant? Probably zero. Let's take a moment just to have a quick little break. Ski right, let's let's let's read an ad.
Speaker 1: Knock knock, who's there? It's the boycott nasty shout out myself, all free shoutouts, because this is my podcast and I miss you guys incredibly so much not being able to be on these episodes. So I thought to myself, I'm sitting up here, I'm sitting up here doing the ads, emailing with barstool, taking care of all the other stuff, and I don't get to have the fun on the bus. And I'm listen and I'm editing. I'm listening to Taylor's episode The Boys Crushing, and I just miss you guys. I'm miss engaging. So I thought to myself, how can I get in as I do these adreads? Oh bright idea, We're not full on adreads this week, so I'll do an ad red to myself. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter at underscore Will Compton, nice little follow.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm decent, I'm solid, some would say, but I miss you guys. Thank you so much for your support. As always, big hugs, tiny little kisses. Keep being a fucking wolf. Keep subscribing, keep unsubscribing, Keep resubscribing again to bounce those boys up the charts. I'm sure Taylor's been all over you about that, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello from the boy to you.
Speaker 3: Back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Let's give an ACL update, dude, ACL feels good. Guys, I'm six weeks out today when I film this, which you're right, we're gonna do it again Monday. You're now listening to Spot Tuesday, but it was this past Tuesday. So I'm six weeks out right now, man, And when you're watching this piece on YouTube, your boys now seven weeks out. I don't want to confuse you. But when I'm filming this right now, I'm at six weeks. The fluid's going. Anna Hartman, she does a thing called Movement Rev Rev. She's the best pete person I've ever you know, athletic trainer, physical therapists. She's gonna kill me if she hears that, because apparently that's a big deal. It's it's like calling a massage therapist massuse. Like, no, I'm not a hooker, don't call me that. So like that's kind of a thing. But I still really haven't found out yet what the hell that is. She has done such an amazing job, dude, the way she has just worked on my knee. My knee feels strong. Dude. I'm pulling sleds backwards and today I did forwards. My I'm light, and I tweeted out today. So if you want a reference of when this podcast was filmed, just go back to when I tweeted this. Just an update on my way. I'm at two seventy nine point three. I was three oh nine point three the day I got hurt, so it's exactly thirty pounds crazy down to the point right, and I'm looking in the mirror at myself with a T shirt. I'm like, damn, bro, I'm looking small. I'm looking like a tiny little dude. But it's it's the cool thing is I'm laying such a cool, like a good solid foundation.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm eating clean, I'm stretching, I'm getting a lot of mobility and my thoracic spine. I'm in my hamstrings, my hips, my quads. Like the foundation I'm building for myself to start building on. I'm super excited about and uh, maybe someday. I took a picture like a week after surgery. When I write, when I got home. Dude. Oh my god, dude, talk about a bag of dicks like it was. Oh, it was bad. And every day, you know, I've reached into my bag of dicks. I've pulled out one dick and I've thrown it in the garbage can. So I'm slowly There's a lot of dicks in there. So I'm just slowly grabbing dick, throwing it out, grabbing another dick, throwing it out. Every day, every workday is another dick gone. And so your boy, I mean, I'm not it's like a miraculous bodybuilder now. But I tell you what, Like, things are looking good. You know, under the shirt it's skinny, it is skinny. I'm a skinny two seventy nine point three. I'm a skinny two seventy nine. The boy gotta frame though, So there is there is a lot going there. I'll tell you what was the one thing that I've watched And this is gonna be so ridiculous for me to compare to, but just stay with me for a second. Right, Ron Rivier, damn it, dude, Ron Riviera has cancer. Right, and I'm sitting at my house the other day watching ESPN and watching this absolute gangster on the Washington football team, like they're doing any thing on ESPN that he's ringing the bell getting through cancer like we saw with David Lee Questenberry, which is the coolest shit ever. Right, Like this dude's going through chemo while coaching a football team. Like when you like for me and this please, this is like this is like comparing a ward of football, which coaches do all the time, is so annoying, but like here I am doing something equally comparable. When you get hurt, right, you don't have time to think about poor me. This is gonna be a lot, this is gonna happen. What if this? What if that? You just kind of like go through it and you slowly, like you know, as you get distant more distant future and things start to feel more and more and more normal emotions do start to come out. And I can only imagine, right, it's unsteroids for Ron because the dude is. I am so inspired by this guy the way he's handled himself in this situation. And you have the Washington Football team. I mean, someone someone argued that the NFC East is the most competitive division right of all, I mean, they're all like the same record. They beat the Steelers yesterday, which is I mean, you know, it's cool to see teams going to feed him and it's cool to see, you know, teams be undefeated teams. So that was a cool situation as a spectator watching, right, don't think of me as a left tack in the NFL. Fami has also another spectator just watching a cool game where you know, a team that's totally was slept on and then X, Y and Z blah blah bah blah. Like it's I can't imagine what he is going through when this season's over, right, because you ring the bell that means you're you're finished your chema, right, and you're in remission. So the man's in remission. But he still doesn't have time to focus on that. And I bet at the end of season he has a good long, little you know, a cry dude, a good solid off. You know, I've been through a lot, and you know how the woods, Yeah, I think it's like a five year deal. When I know David Lee went through and he talks about all the time where it's like you go and you go have cancer and you quote unquote beat cancer, but like every time you're like kind of sick for the next five years. It's like, fuck, is this thing back? You know, it's kind of crazy, and I think I think that Dud's gonna have a good cry. And here's why I've been emotionally. I'm an emotional little boy. I don't know what it is. But uh, let me drink this water that I'm not talking about. But that sounded fun. That sound weird in your headphones? Yeah, that didn't sound that probably sound like a no pause situation, didn't it. Okay, So like obviously, ACL cancer a totally different things, right, but it's still a traumatic experience. And you go through a surgery, right, this is my first surgery besides getting my tonsils out. Like I go and my body starts to start working on shit, right, like my body, I don't. I feel like a back of dicks, which I think is going to be the reference from now on for my body. And then slowly but show you as those dicks start to leave my body, like I'm starting to gain movement, I'm starting to gain a little more strength. I'm starting to see my less atrophy in my leg and the other day, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lie. I posted on Instagram. I was walking backwards, I was pulling sleds backwards, and there was like a point where I was like, I want to cry right now, Like it's it was such an emotional thing for me because when you go through a surgery and your leg doesn't work at all, right, people are waiting on your hand and put my poor wife and mother in law and my poor kids don't understand what's going on. I'm just laying on the couch, can't move it all right. Fast forward six weeks later. Now I'm walking around normal and I'm pulling, you know, three plates on a sled, and it's like like there's not only like a physical trauma, there's emotional trauma to go with it. So I feel like I don't know. Me and Ron have been through a lot, you know, we've we've we've been through a lot, and so so here we are, dude, another thing that that really fucked me up. Man, I might have to go sociopath mode because this did screw this. I almost I literally legit cried. It was two nights ago, but I think it was the same day. It's pulling the slide, so there's more emotion. Shit, I'm watching this commercial. I don't know if it's or what it is, but this little girl is making Christmas ornaments and she's putting them an envelope and she's sending them off to god knows what right, but for some reason, their mailbox is like three miles away. So you see them getting there, and they drive and the little girl drops it off in the mailbox to be sent away, blah blah blah blah blah blah. And so you see it. In the summertime looks super hot outside. The next time you see them driving, it's fall. So time is passing right, time is going. We're all we're always moving. And then the winter time hits and it's snowing outside. There's Christmas tree in that background. When the girl's making an ornament, might get hairy for the boy. Now all right, I'm telling you, I fucking cried over this, and I've been cursing. Went too much too. I noticed that in the last pub So this little girl is making the ornament and the mom comes up and says one more time? Do you want to do one more or something along those lines, and the girls, yeah, I want to. So they get in their car and they drive to the mailbox, the three miles away mailbox. It must have a lot of land. And this little girl goes to go put it in and gets out of the car to go put it in the mailbox and send it off. But behind the mailbox is another tree that you didn't notice before, but now you notice the tree and all the ornaments she was sending off to you don't know where yet are on the tree, as if they reappeared she sent them off, but why would they be back here? And then here we go. The dad in an army outfit walks out from behind the tree, and you're just like, oh, I might do it now, I might cry right, no joke. And the mom and the daughter like they get so excited they see like that that's a Christmas holiday spirit commercial. And I'll tell you what, I almost bought it today because of that. I almost went to the dealer and looked at him and he said, well, we can do some discounts. And I was saidub about the discounts, all right, it's for that little girl and her dad. And then I'd probably try to explain to me that, sir, you know, that's that's acting right, not acting on these heartstrings. Because that thing, that thing tore me up. Dude, that thing, that thing definitely was a little bit of a tear jerker for me.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. So you know, you think what you want, think what you want. But uh, it's okay to get emotional this time of year, you know what I'm saying, It's okay to do that. It looks like the boys dealing with a little bit more, a little bit more than maybe you. Guys. Are you with your working legs? Your piece of shits all right? And on that note, let's let's dive into another ad.
Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys is also brought to you by Cuts Clothing. Huge fan of Cuts Clothing and their tailored clothes for men and women of all ages and sizes. But for better or worse, twenty twenty has kicked off the work from home era, and everyone is asking one big question, what are we supposed to wear? Do you really need to wear a tie to your zoom meeting? Probably not, but sweatpants and your go to gym t don't feel right either. Cuts Clothing is the perfect solution to your work from home wardrobe confusion. That's a nice little saying, right, there. Cuts is the best in the world at making technical apparel for the sport of business. Their T shirts, polos, and hoodies have enough quality and style to wear in the office, on a date, and anywhere in between. Even them sheets boys, so you don't have to choose between a classic look and that modern feel. The fit, fabric and function you want to hear about this Cuts has Cuts started out in twenty sixteen by making what GQ calls the only shirt worth wearing, athletic Taylor looking fit that is perfect for work a date. All of this stuff I said earlier. They're custom engineered, wrinkle free, pika pyca profabric can only be described as buttery soft. Shopping by Cut makes it so easy to find your perfect shirt. A great mix of long sleeves, short sleeves, collars, cuts, and colors will have you ready for any situation. Cuts is loved by your favorite athletes, entrepreneurs, and even podcasts hosts. Shout out the Boys. It seems like everyone is wearing Cuts these days, and we're gonna give you fifteen percent off your first order by going to Cuts Clothing dot com. Slash Bustin' that's b U S s I n that's cuts Clothing dot Com slash busting for fifteen percent off the only shirt worth wearing.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I'm sure that was a nice littlelad read that we'll just read for you guys. We do have a couple things that we need to talk about that happened on the bus this week, most recently in this last week. Everyone knows that the Paul brothers are fighting people, right that Paul beat up? Who do you beat up? Who's it?
Speaker 4: Nate Robinson? Who's that old NBA player?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh he was an athlete?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, see I gotta start following contest like three times.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 2: So this is an athletic cat and he and this is Logan Paul. This is suicide Forest Logan Poor is at the Jake Paul That Jake is the suicide Forest guy.
Speaker 4: No, that is Logan Paul. Jake Paul beat up Nate Robinson.
Speaker 2: So is Jake older or younger than Logan?
Speaker 4: Jake is younger.
Speaker 2: Jake is younger. I remember them on Vine when it first came out. It was really they were they were awesome, and then and then they were loved and then the suicide forcing. I've never seen the video apparently it's sucked up that it was a dead person.
Speaker 4: It's it's essentially a forest where everybody in either Japan or China Japan, I think, okay, and they all commit suicide there. So and he went there.
Speaker 2: He it's okay to go there, right. There were bodies and stuff, and he took a video.
Speaker 4: From what I believe.
Speaker 2: That's tough, dude, that's tough. So Jake beat this dude up. Correct, Jake is and he's the one that took the video. No, Logan's the one to the video. Okay. So Jake Paul fights Nate Robinson, Yes, and he gives him that cracker one piece dude. Put that thing. That's funny, I said, cracker one piece. That's I actually didn't even notice that I told that joke just now. He gives him that cracker one piece.
Speaker 3: Stupid fucking joke.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cracker one piece dude? And puts his ass down, and the dear you you see that's pretty cool and everything. I didn't watch the fight, but everyone says of the Tyson fight, right, it's never Roy Joe Junior, it's Tyson. That fight it was it was the best thing of all and So apparently this kid named Billy Football. And I don't know if I want to say his name, well, I've already said it, so Billy Football. He is an intern for a part of my take. Who are they've they've We've talked about them on the show before, right, they've they've We've gone up, we've gone down, we've gone through in a round. But Billy is, like I guess, hell bent on fighting this cat right now, one of our interns, uh cbd Jack. I don't know how it happened. It was definitely instigated by me and Will. It was after a pod and I'm We're sitting there talking and Garrett, our other intern. Garrett and Jack are really good friends, right, they're best friends. They lived together. Blah blah blah blah. And Garrett is gassing Jack's ass up because Jack went to go work out at Booth Camp. Sean Booth was actually on the pod. Shadow Sean Booth was just absolutely gassing Garrett up over and over and over again. How oh I've seen him fight. He can beat people's ass. Blah blah blah blah. And uh, then who brought up Billy Football? Who brought who brought that up? Because I didn't know who that was. You might have I think you did. Yeah, Hey, Garrett doesn't want to admit it. And Garrett brings that we'll say for the sake of argument that he said it. Now we call CBD Jack after he gets done with this workout. They're face timing. I end up facetiming Big Cat and Jack said something I'm not gonna go. I'm not gonna put words in his mouth. He said something that to me. Right, Jack cruised into my cerebellum and said to me, you need to call Big Cat and you need to tell him that he needs to fight Billy football. So I get on the phone bag Cat, and then he's, you know, chilling as Big Cat does hill on his couch. I don't know what that means, but he's chilling. And I tell him, hey, listen, wants to fight your intern, and without without reacting, Big Cat just goes all right, let's set it up. Oh shit, Okay. So I'm like Mandary, I hope you really U yes your boy out this, that and the other. And uh then all of a sudden, hell breaks out right like bake. Cat subtweets us by saying I'm not taking any fight right now for Billy football. Billy football really wants to fight. We want to fight Jake Paul or Logan Bawl. And Jake Paul is the one that beat up Met Robinson. Correct now, he's super hell bent on that. And Big Cat says, we're not taking fights right now, blah blah blah blah. Obviously I have the tweet back at that because it's funny games Now. Now, this Billy football kid is starts tagging Jack saying he's gonna fucking beat his ass. All this serferent stuff. You come to the New York plays anytime, and I thinks things have gone crazy because Billy's speaking out of both sides of his mouth. One minute, he's not fighting nobody except for one of the Paul brothers. I'm not gonna try to ask again which one of those, And then in the other mouth, he's like, I'll beat this kid's ask, no problem. Now I start, I don't even know what billy football is. I start looking up this cat. Dude's got some meat on them, you know what I'm saying. Dude definitely hits the cratson, he definitely eats steak. He definitely this is Joe Rogan's podcast, right, Like, that's the kind of cat he is, and I respect the shit out of it. He's saying he beat Jackasass. I don't know. I really don't know if he would actually beat Jacksass or not. I do know that, you know, I'm willing to bet on that fight though, you know, as much as the NFLPA will let me. I believe it's two hundred fifty dollars. I believe I'm willing to bet that much that maybe Jack wins. That's what I'm willing about. Maybe Jack wins. And now Billy's got no fight because right one of the Paul brothers is fighting Floyd Mayweather. Correct the older Now Logan is okay, So Jake Paul beats up Nate Robinson and Logan gets the better fight. Yeah, listen to me. If you don't like the Paul brothers because of the suicide Forest thing, I understand that completely. I don't have an opinion on them because I've never met them and released anything other than some of their funny fines. But these kids, dudes, they're my age or older, are little marketing, marketing geniuses. The kid is getting a fight with the best arguably one of the best boxers of all time, Floyd Mayweather an exhibition match. It's unbelievable, and it's gonna be some paddy cake bullshit that people are gonna be underwhelmed by. But they're both gonna make a hundred million plus dollars. So shout out the Paul Brothers, dude, Shout out the Paul Brothers for absolutely killing it. Dude. I just I cannot believe this guy's gonna fight Floyd in Midweather. And I don't know, Like the dude, I saw a picture of Floyd, and he's a smaller cat, right, defensive boxer, And I'm gonna speak out of my mouth that I don't know right now. He's a defensive cat, like you're right, no one can touch him. Super annoying to fight because he can bob and we even move and do all that. Right, He's not Rocky Balbow. He's just gonna take a thousand punches in the chin and still win.
Speaker 3: And this.
Speaker 2: But I looked at this Logan guy, and he's got some he's got some trap about him, you know what I'm saying, He's got some meat in the chest. I don't think I think if you got these two like legit backyard brawling, like, hey, your biting is allowed type shit. You know what I'm saying. I'm thinking Logan wins this fight. I just he's bigger, he puts he can put your hands on him, you know what I'm saying. Like, I don't how fast is Floyd? Can you run away?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying for it's a smaller cat now. I don't want to disrespect money Madeweather because the dudees like I said, he's undefeated boxer. He's one of the greatest of all time. I just think that, uh you know, I just think that Logan Paul if they did like a what's the kimbo and then a kimbo slice backyard fight, like, I think Logan's winning that fight, because shit, it's like there's no holds bar right. Boxing is a very tactical, technical sport with the heating and the high when you punch. I fucking can I don't know how to fight at all. I don't I know how to like side punch me. I know how to like knock kids out on the side when they're being dispectful, right, But I haven't been a fight since I was in like seventh grade, so I don't know the first thing about fighting, But this is this is a this is good ship that people are going to tune into. I might even tune into it. People are gonna tune into this, and it's going to be Oh dude, it's gonna be amazing. It's gonna be hilarious. They'll let down. I believe that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know when the fight is, I don't know what's gonna happen, but I do know that it's gonna be a major letdown. What happens. Because it's an exhbibition match, people be like, oh, he's gonna knock out and oh dude, if Logan Paul knocked out Floyd Mayweather, the the uproar in the world. If Logan Paul can knock out Floud And like I said, I don't know anything about them. I don't know anything about this, dude. I just know that these guys are absolute marketing geniuses. If Logan Paul beats up Foyd Mayweather, cancel Christmas, right, it's done. The game is it's these dudes are not projected into something, you just do it. Like like a Ronda Rousey when she's at the top of this her game type shit, Like that's the kind of level like Connor McGregor now type shit. You know, they they'll be like Dwayne the Rock Johnson but hated like that. But but you know what I'm saying, Like Duye's the most loved other the spectrum, which would been doing a lot of spetrum things today. That's what the Paul brothers will be. But they'll sell anything. They'll be able to do a tequila company, just like Dwayne. That kind of shit. That's the kind of shit we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's crazy the thing. It absolutely blows my mind how those guys can do that. Dude, It's it's crazy. And now I don't know, I don't know what's to come anymore. Oh you say, I'm just gonna say, think about all the professional boxers that would love that opportunity.
Speaker 4: And this kid got it because his little brother beat up Nate Robinson.
Speaker 2: Dude, no, has he fought somebody before Logan?
Speaker 1: And he.
Speaker 2: How big is Logan Paul?
Speaker 4: I want to say, he's like six to two. Let me look that up.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's he's a he's a taller cat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's one and o right now in professional fights. I believe he beat up another like YouTube guy or something like that.
Speaker 2: And you saw you saw Mike Tyson comments on how those guys have saved boxing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's he's six to two, all right?
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 4: Twenty five?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's he's four years younger than me.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: These guys are geniuses, dude.
Speaker 4: And he's the older one. So the younger one, Jake Paul, I think he's like early twenties or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, both guys, both kids are worth a hundred million dollars. And you you might be listening to this fuming at the mouth, right, But the suicide Forest thing, Yeah, I haven't seen the video. It's probably sucked up. It's probably not something I would would want to watch anyway, But this sixty Look at how tall is Floyd Mayweather?
Speaker 4: Five eight?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: They're probably not in the same weight class, are they?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Shot?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Floyd is five eight and he fights at one fifty And what is logo?
Speaker 2: Paal?
Speaker 4: Fight at gotta be like, I don't even let me look at that real quick.
Speaker 2: If I could bet on fights, I would bet on, I would bet on this one, and I'd probably bet on Floyd because you know what I'm saying, one and oh versus fifty one and oh, it's just kind of crazy. He's fifty pounds heavier and the dude's got some he ain't fat, Like there's no fat on this kid. You know what I'm saying, doesn't mean he can throw a punch. If you have the ability to knock somebody out, I mean, yeah, I don't know how you're gonna touch Floyd. I don't know how you're gonna do it. After watching him fight Connor McGregor, who Connor McGregor is a you know, one of the best stand up UFC fighters of all time, who has a striking you know, can strike from a distance, can play the power right like I'm asking, like, I know what I'm talk about now' ridiculous but if you you know, and Floyd buried Connor in a way from just like tiring him out because he couldn't touch him after a while. And Connor it's his first fight. He you know, you put them in a UFC octagon, it's it's over. And the first round Connor would just absolutely dumby Floyd Mayweather. Is this the fight right here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Logan Paul's fight.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that he's rocket. Oh I'm still left hook there, dud. So he's rocking the red, white and blue shorts. Dude, I like I I I gotta love it, dude. These guys are they're tugging on your heart strings. They're figuring out that they're just him wearing red, white and blue shorts. He it's he's genius. It's genius the marketing. I'm not getting in the ring with anybody, dude, I got I got CT on the way. I don't need that more of that ship. That's crazy. But those guys, man, did he knock him out?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Let me look real quick.
Speaker 2: What qualifies you to be a YouTuber? Yeah? People make like millions and millions of dollars off YouTube, right, we gotta do that.
Speaker 4: He's want to know by a total knockout.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he knocked him out total knockout or technical knockout, technical knockout? Yeah, so they he like they waved it off the through in the white tallet type thing. He didn't knock him out cold like his brother did. Yeah, I think you give Jake to fight, right, Why wouldn't you give Logan? Is Logan the more popular?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's really, he's been around longer, I'm sure. But Jake Paul's trying. He called out MacGregor after his one the other day against Nate Robinson.
Speaker 2: If you get McGregor to fight him, dude, and you get Logan, dude, shout out, it's over, dude, Like, good for them, Good for the Paul brothers. I don't care what your opinion is on them. Good for them for being marketing geniuses. And shame on you for thinking of it first, right, Like that's just how the cookie crumbles, right. That's it from Bruce Almighty. So I don't know, dude, that's crazy and the whole thing's just crazy. Let's do uh, let's do some current events. That is wild, dude. Oh but before we do current events, let's definitely tap in for a quick little uh. Let's do an ad.
Speaker 1: Georgia Boot shout out the world's most comfortable boot, Georgia Boot. Georgia Boot is America's hardest working boot just like you, guys. For eighty years, Georgia has been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super comfortable and super good looking boots so comfortable you'll never want to take them things off. I like looking good, The boys like looking good even when we're working. These birds. The birds, these boots do everything we need. They will hold up in any condition without sacrificing any comfort. It has comfort technology of an athletic shoe into a great looking boot, so great looking that the boys are always asking where they can get these boots. And they're also at a price you can afford. Because every time I'm asking or every time I get asked, I gotta let the boys know the price I paid and where to find them. Georgia Boot. Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, or grilling out with your friends, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around. Whether you need a waterproof boot, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, met guard, non puncture shank, non slip sole, they've got it all. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off. That's georgiaboot dot com and use code b USSI N busting for twenty percent off.
Speaker 2: Don't have to put my headphones on here.
Speaker 3: This we got two.
Speaker 2: Deposit we are I've never had this is my goes. I've never seen a Mexican ref before. Dude, where is this? This in Arizona?
Speaker 4: This is in Texas?
Speaker 2: Where in the Texas.
Speaker 4: Edinburgh High?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like, I have never h seen a Mexican ref before? And that's just dead observation, right, that's all that, That's all that turns into go ahead. So this kid, he's uh he gets ejected, right, Oh yeah, definitely number eight and that fortunate Nikonda number eighty eight on the defense to don kids starts clapping. That kid probably sucks number six or probably beout at football too small. Oh shit, oh okay, what all right? This kid eighty eight? First off, you think his little skinny tight ends coming out there. This kid's This kid's litt thick, right, he's got some meat behind him, and he goes and absolutely dummies the ref. And then what are the other players doing? Like as he related to someone else in the other team. If I if I'm playing a game and I see a ref get dominated like that, I'm probably laughing. I'm probably turning around and going back to my my. I'm not gonna go fight for that ref. I don't owe him anything, but that is wild. Is that the same riff talking to the coach right there?
Speaker 4: No, I believe he's like laying down somewhere because that was the head ref that got knocked.
Speaker 2: H that's right, white hat. This kid, dude, what do you think? Like, this kid's got some mommy daddy. She's got to have some issues going on. You know what I'm saying. Because if you just cant objective him and gave me punch of a kid or something like that, shit happens. I've never in my life thought to myself, I need to go declete this ref. Ever, and this dude, his fucking kid. He got expelled, didn't he He probably got expelled. I hope they Didn't't they do anything to the football team, say again, he's the thing he got charged.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure with some form of assault.
Speaker 2: You're lying.
Speaker 4: No, for real?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that makes sense. I don't know why I would be so surprised by that. Yeah, the kid just absolutely You think you can't get in trouble when you're in a football uniform. Right, it's like, Okay, the game's over. I'm calm down now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh it's just a ref.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a ref, right, he's not a real human being. Who refere We charged with assault? Team removed from plus. Oh so the team the team has now been see that's where. Why would the team be removed from playoffs? There's probably something I'm not understanding for the for the kid not to be in it, you know what I'm saying for for the for the team not to be in it because the kid is like, Okay, kid's a bad egg.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: He's probably getting expelled, right you wering eighty eight. I don't know how good the kid is. Is the kid in a good at football?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure about that. But I read somewhere where he was like a state champion wrestler, So oh.
Speaker 2: He's so he's he knows the body. My dad always told me growing up, but you never fight a wrestler. Do you go fight whoever you want? Never fight a wrestler. Those kids know the body, dude, They'll take you down, pressure points and all that shit. That's crazy. I can't. That bums me out that the school, the school was moved from the playoffs. Say, is I are screwed over? You know, my seniors are probably on that team. Let's say it's a big school, twenty five thirty seniors on the on the team like that, those kids, it's over. The game's over for them. They'll never play collegiate football ever. Again. I mean, did they lose that game? I'm assuming they won it right or is the game done right after that?
Speaker 4: I would I would think if they're going to kick them out of the playoffs, they probably into the game right there too.
Speaker 2: Hey, that blows me away. Man, that's a bummer. That kid just ruined a lot of people's senior years in the playoffs. Man, I can't believe that. Evan, that's a bummer. I mean, good, you gotta charge with the salt. Good. Hopefully the kid learns a lesson. Hopefully it's a first strike situation. Hopefully it doesn't have to go to jail for a while. But good good, you know, shit happens, dude. You make mistakes. I've made mistakes. I've assaulted people before, got in trouble for it, and we moved on and you learn. Right, It's like we're all perfect. But the kid needs to learn a lesson, But it just sucks for the other kids that didn't nothing happened to them, They didn't do anything wrong, and you guys, and then they gotta go. They can't play football. Now, if I'm a kid on that, if I'm beating that kid's ass, and if he's bigger than me, I'm getting three of my buddies. We're gonna beat that kid's ass. You know what I'm saying, Get three of your Buddi's go beat that kid's ask. Now, don't actually do that because the last time of this for you guys, go beat that kids ass, and then I have to get like sub charged. Do you get that? You know what I'm saying, a subtweet, but sub charged. I don't need those kinds of issues right now. I got two kids, But to watch a high school kid do that, it's like, Okay, charge the kid, give him probation, some sort of community service, have him paid for the what the what happened to the guy? Whatever real injury had not like oh my neck, no, no, no, no, no, the real shit that the MRI shows. You pay for that through your probation, you know what I'm saying. And we just move on and that let the kids play and that's all. That's all. That's all that should have happened, and that should have been done. That should have been the end of whatever. But I don't know that. It kind of goes back to that's a little It seems like a little too much. The more I think about it, you said, like, not the kid, do whatever you want the kid, right, but you don't kill the whole flock. You take out one. I don't know if you disagree with me, tweet tell me you disagree with me, because I don't see why those kid shouldn't be able to play football. You know what I'm saying. Those kids didn't do nothing wrong. That's a bummer. Man. High school football is the most fun too. My high school is in a state championship this year this this week, so that'll be cool. Shout out Chaparral Firebirds. Man, you guys. Uh, I hope you guys go win. I think it's like it's Highland Highland Hawks or something like that. What else we got?
Speaker 4: Michigan Ohio state game this weekend canceled due to COVID.
Speaker 2: Good, just fucking good, dude, Like that is here's the tweet from Miss Chigan counted as a win, dude, because there was not a fucking chance. I hate saying that, right, And I just talked about fairweather fans. It's so who who had the who had the tests looked at it. I'll just talk about how I feel and then you can tell me whatever. But I'll tell you what, Like, those kids, they should have been able to play that game. You know, I don't know how many tests they had, blah blah blah blah, the whole COVID thing. It's too hairy for me for me to be like, well they should have.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't have. You know.
Speaker 2: It's just like football is a good thing for kids. I believe, I believe people just like football is a much better sport than people believe. But Michigan, you they win in that game.
Speaker 4: Looks like Michigan was the team with all the positive tests the culprits.
Speaker 2: So now does Michigan take the.
Speaker 4: L Not sure? I mean they canceled the game, So didn't they cancel this past this past weekend as well against Maryland?
Speaker 2: That's right, they did cancel that game. And I don't know if they would beat Maryland. Shit, I mean, things have gone super downhill. So now they're doing bowl games. And I think they said on the NCAA that you don't have to uh win six games that they used to to make a bowl game this year based on the circumstances. I don't disagree with that at all. I think that's a good deal. If you're going to play those bull games now, if you're gonna get kids wearing more trade off their tires just to get their shit canceled, just let the kids go on break then, you know what I'm saying, Let the kids go training for the draft, Let the kids go back and do their school whatever it is. But it's like, if you're gonna do a bowl game, do the bowl game, because then it becomes too hairy, it becomes becomes too much of a pain in the ass. I wonder what the Hoillow State kids feel about how they feel about this. They probably obviously wanted to play their damn good football team.
Speaker 5: Like they are.
Speaker 2: Ohio State is so relevant, they are so relevant in the football world, like I don't know, like the you know, the movie Warriors, like Ohio, the big ten cents, Ohio State that gang to go down to fight. You know what, I'm saying, that's the kind of shit we're talking about. That's how good Ohio State is. And if you're a Michigan fan, which you probably are some of you probably are, you know, get mad at me if you want. Man, that's just the reality of the situation we live in, right I don't want to live in a false reality with you if we're going to just pretend like Michigan is is relevant right now, because they're not. You're not relevant right now. Michigan. You weren't relevant when I was there. Maybe one year we went to the Sugar Bowl and beat Virginia teching like a triple overtime and our kicker, you know, had that epic line at the end of the game in a press conference by him winning the field goal kick talking about girl naked girls in the beach or girls in bikini or something like that as a killer line. But that's the only year yourrelevant because other than that, like you had to go back to jakek Loong, Chad Henny type of that's Mike Hark, those dudes. That's when Michigan was relevant. And it breaks my heart because I went there. I gave that school everything I had and you know, you haven't. You haven't won a Big Ten championships in two, two and four, two and six, whatever it was, and you're just you're still caught up on Bousham, who's an amazing coach. I never got the opportunity to meet him, but you got there's got to be a point where you where you you need to look to the future. And I don't know if that's coaching. I don't know. I don't know what the deal is, man, because I'm not a coach, right, I talked about all the time. I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't I'm this is one man's humble opinion. And Rabel and I jokingly make a bet every single year and I'm stretches his secretary. His secretary, he's a secretary, and uh, I just you know, they stretched texted me and was like, oh you, thank God for you. The game was canceled, and you know, you're damn right, because I would have lost money on them, man, I would have lost money on Michigan. It just sucks. It sucks to you know, you want for the sake of college football. Michigan is a team that you want to be relevant. You know, just like like a like a perfect example and this might tug a couple more heartstrings, A perfect example of Michigan and the Bay Tans. And is Tennessee and SEC relevant historically great football team who has done so many great things. You're not anymore. You're no one's looking at Tennessee year in a year out going. You guys got it, you know, and thank god Jackson not here to hear me say this. That brings a little hart, but Michigan's that way. Michigans, Michigan and Tennessee are one of the same, historically great and just didn't have the opportunity to get it done. And that's just you know, bam bam bam bam bampa. That's life. That's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you do? Like now, as an ad what do you do right? Because your season is over? Unless you know, you'll play the bowl game, which I don't know if you do that right. You have a bunch of kids at COVID, you do you don't? Who cares? You know, It's not like it's not gonna be like where you go. Hey, we're playing the Outback Bowl. We're gonna go to Tampa we're gonna enjoy the week. We're gonna be by the beach. We're gonna enjoy a new situation. Here's some per DM every single day. That kind of bullshit gifting suits. It doesn't happen this year, right because the COVID at least I assume like it's not gonna and it's just kind of crazy, right And uh, and so do you even play the Bowl game? Do you even? Do you even do that? Or you know, does horrball stay? That's a question that you guys ask yourself. Who's who's the head coach for Tennessee, Jimmy Prewet, Jimmy Prewett? Does he stay?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Do they you know? Because I do listen to, uh, some of the local new sports networks here now that I'm not playing, because you know, when you're playing, you want to keep the blinders on, so you don't really listen to that type of stuff. But I've been listening quite a bit and it sounds like people aren't very happy with that cat.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know him, right, so it's it's unfair for me. I don't know what his recruiting has been. Like I heard the guy's a great recruiter, but he hasn't developed the kids that he wants to develop or needs to develop, and they just they're just not They're just not getting it done. So what does Tennessee and Michigan do?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You have to you have to draw on the line the sand do you want? Are you gonna go be able to go out and find a better coach that's going to be able to develop players. Maybe they will switch. Maybe Jeremy Prewett goes to Michigan and maybe Harball goes to Tennessee. I don't know, dude, I really have no idea, I tell you, but it's one of the more underrated things is the development of players. That's what we missed out on when I was there too, Like some cats just you know how many five star dudes we got at Michigan that are so great and just stayed the same, like didn't step boom boom boom do the Michigan freshman always been as a sophomore, always good as as you're always great as a senior. It just wasn't there. We just didn't have it, man, And that sucks. Hey, you know what I'm saying. You just got to figure that shit out. In Michigan because it's tough. It's tough for me to go and text guys on Saturday that have played there in the past, and you know, it's a shit talk show all of us. You know, we're like, what the fuck are these guys doing? You know, And it's not the kids, dude, I tell you what. And if you're a Michigan football player and you happen to run by this podcast, I respect the shit out of you guys, man, Like it's you guys's win record is way better than when I was there. It's not like you know what I'm saying. It's just when you guys play the big teams, we don't win. We don't win. And I'm putting myself in there because I don't want you to take this as me being disrespectful. It's just looking at things from a like a realistic perspective. That's what this shit turns into. So I don't know, man, I'm not going to change anything by talking about it. I'm just kind of more venting as myself because you know, you go to a school, you put your heart and soul on a something for four and a half years, you want to leave it better than you came. That's what makes me so proud to be a Tennessee Titan is you know, you you come here and it's a shit show, right, it's awful. Not saying guys like Michael Rus didn't do a great job and stuff like that is one of the you know, greatest tackles in Tennessee Titan's history. But you you go there and it's shit show. You're two to fourteen, three and thirteen. And I was a part of something that got better and that is special to be a part of. I don't feel that way about Michigan. I don't feel like I you know, we like I left it in better hands than I got there, you know, not saying I'm the only person, but it just is one of those things. And it's hard to look at things from a realistic perspective because because fuck man, every nobody wants to look in the mirror. Nobody wants to look in the mirror, see it get a reality sometimes. But here we are, here, we are Michigan. You know, hate me if you want, don't care. Did you want you know, political philosophy, did you want?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Whatever? What's next?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dick down in Dallas goes number one.
Speaker 2: What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 4: Not really sure, but let's click the link and see what okay with.
Speaker 2: Dick Down in Dallas. Trey Lewis Dick Down. This is a song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, number one on the country charts. Apparently.
Speaker 2: I love it. I hope this is good. We gotta do Lane Johnson.
Speaker 4: Yeah? You about Ray for Lane?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: This This last read fires me up because this organization was put together by my good friend Taylor Luan, who also partnered on it with Hailey Hubbard. Taylan is the boy Taylor's wife. But it is Feeding Nashville. Shout out, Feeding Nashville All the free shout out. This episode of Bus with the Boys is brought to you by Feeding Nashville. But Nashville has been hit hard this year with the tornado in February and COVID in March. Feeding Nashville is a local organization that uses donated money to pay out of work chefs who create healthy meals that help feed the community. Anyone who needs a healthy meal is welcome. There are no qualifications to get a meal, so if you need it, all you have to do is sign up and it's yours. Go to Feeding Nashville. Dot com to sign up again. There's no qualifications. Also, if you're just trying to donate anything and everything matters. But if you want to donate and be gracious enough to do that, you can go You can go to the website as well. That website is feeding Nashville dot com. This all started with two friends, Taylan and Haley, who saw their community in need. Amongst the people who get fed are people who've lost everything, first responders and frontline workers that gets fed almost every day of the week, including hospital staffs at vanderb Built in St.
Speaker 2: Thomas.
Speaker 1: Taylor and Haley have fed over forty thousand people since March through Feeding Nashville. When available, the food is brought in from local farmers to East Nashville based kitchen helm by chef Ryan and his kitchen crew. Please help in any way you can if you're the one that is in need. If you need help, we are here to get you fed again feeding Nashville dot com. If you need a meal, know anyone that needs a meal, you can sign up there. Again, there are no qualifications. Feeding Nashville dot com. Also, if you are generous enough and would like to donate again anything from a dollar to whatever amount is greatly appreciated. But just go to feeding Nashville dot Com.
Speaker 2: You're like, are you still in the hospital? Where are you?
Speaker 5: No, I just got to the airport. We're headed back to Philly right now. Oh you got a damn and Nate Geary.
Speaker 2: Nate NC Gary. I like that, dude, Oh shit, inture you were quick, and then we'll pop this ship off. That's impressive, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. It's not always just me. Now all right, I know Will is gone, but here's what we're gonna do. Lane Johnson, a three time pro bower, one time all pro cat stud at of Philadelphia, here with me on bus with the boys. Talk about some hot, hot heat that's been going down in Philly that we're gonna get down to today. But first, Lane, you had surgery and I know you were was it your ankle?
Speaker 3: You had surgery on?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir man so and you you were on the podcast. See god, damn, we're bringing he doesn't bringing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'll hear you, now you hear me.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll cut that part out. We knew what we might not cut that part out. What would you what happened? With your ankle. Is it the same ankle that you were dealing with this offseason when you were on the bus earlier.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So I ended up getting tightrope surgery. Uh, three weeks before the season. We try to do the two program. So I came back in three weeks, which I probably shouldn't have, and I tried playing through through the year, but I ended up like tearing apart about del toy ligament, and so they had to go in and repair that and then redo the whole tight ropes in different spots. So I felt like I was on a wobbly shopping cart for most of the year. But yeah, basically the thing was just so loose it was starting to cave in. But uh, mister Bob Anderson took care of me and should be back in about four months.
Speaker 2: Oh four months is not not that bad at all, dude. And you're dealing that, you were doing that before, you're doing that before, and now yes, now you're back, feeling good, doing better. Now you're gonna get in a flight. Right now, you get in a flight. Are you worried about that thing blowing up at all on you?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: They gave me some some feel good stuff for the flight, so should be taken care of me and me and a white snake over here.
Speaker 2: White snake, look at the boy.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I saw you guys holding hands before, because that before after, that was after surgery.
Speaker 3: It was before and after, before and after.
Speaker 2: I got you had a hold hands all the way through, dude, from the from all the way through, from a Philadelphia Eagles standpoint. Man, Well, give me, give me your perspective about what's what's been going on there? Because start off the year and the line right, you're you're the dude, you're the cat. They bring back Peters for one more year, they say you'll probably come back for ten more years. But they ran at Peters and now like some injuries have happened, some stuff, and you know, I had we had the problems with the Titans with the O line. Seems like a lot of sacks are going on now. And now your boy Carson Wentz. What what happened to you? Do you think Carson Wentz the situation has to do with the O line or is this a Carson issue just because it's Carson.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's kind of a whole variety of issues.
Speaker 5: But I mean we lost Brooks before the season even started, and then week two we lost Isaac, and JP was trying to play guard for a little bit and and Dillard ended up getting hurt in training camps, so JP had to.
Speaker 3: Move back to left.
Speaker 5: So really, throughout the first what twelve games, it's been you know, like eleven different or you know, whole old line starting groups. So a lot of young players that came in, they haven't really played a whole lot. So other than that, I mean, it's been pretty consistent. Of really, I guess, I guess our offensive just rhythm isn't very good. There's times where we'll be efficient, like we'll be efficient the run game, as far as like you know, our passing game goes, it just feels like it's just inconsistent and the rhythms off far as you know, what we're doing. So a lot of you know, a lot of sacks are on the old line and summer on Carson, let's say about fifty to fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: I mean it does people. People don't realize a lot that it takes everybody right in protection wide, we see what was gonna get open backs and got to protect.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what they don't realize. Man, it's a it's a whole you know, culmination of everybody. Receivers run the right routes, right time, and there's so much that goes into it. And I mean, you know that that's just how how it goes. But you know, having all these different all of its live matchups or you know, line ups for the past twelve weeks has been you know, different gap every week. So from a you know, the standpoint, it's hard to get comfortable.
Speaker 2: I guess when it comes to Jalen Hurts and Carson Wentz. The situation now, Carson Wentz two three years ago as an MVP, having an MVP caliber season, tears is acl unfortunately later in the season, and he guys up winning a super Bowl that year. But you know, from then, and I don't know shit about quarterback, right, So this is me talking out of my ass, people saying he's taking steps down. I don't. I don't watch you guys because the guys are in the same division, nor in the same conference, So I don't watch a whole lot of the Eagles. How do you think Carson knowing him as a person, how do you think he's dealing with this situation being the backup quarterback now and what do you think, what do you think can happen in the future.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think far As I mean Handlin, how he's handled situations all year. I mean, he's been under under fire and really I think he's handled it well professionally. I mean, obviously it's not the situation he wants to be in, but you know, far as being a team player, what was best for his team. You know, he's that kind of guy. That's what kind of character guy is. Uh yeah, man, it's just a it's a weird situation. We haven't really done anything, you know, really all year. Offensively we have some points where we shine, but really it's been really inconsistent. And so you know, I think you may watch some of the game the other day. You get a new quarterback like that, who can you know, duel read do some different stuff. It makes the defense do different things. So maybe it may open up the run game now because they may have to honor the zone read more, you know, from the quarterback standpoint, and then you know, if a play breaks down, he's able to run and get a few yards. So with Jalen, you know, I think the more he plays, the better he's gonna do. I think this week will be the first you know, full week he's he's prepping as a starter instead of you know, taking second team reps in and getting thrown into the game. So, you know, I think that'll be a good situation for him this week. But he's mostly been getting second team reps you know, all year, and then we put him in games, you know, a few a few.
Speaker 3: Times, a few couple series of games for the past few games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year when we were going through everything, I had that PD thing. So I was running with the twos with Ryan Tannehill, and so we're playing and everyone's kind of figuring out towards camp. Hey Ryan, can Ryan can sling this thing? What's the deal? So obviously what happened in week six and and and the way that Ryan played and has continued to play. Do you what did you see from from Hurts? Is it hurt or heart hurts?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Hurts hurts? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What have you seen from him in camp? Uh? And do you expect that level of success that like Tannehill had coming out or is is he gonna be a little different based on the injuries and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: You know, I really don't know what to expect.
Speaker 5: I mean from what I've seen in practice and in training camp, he throws a really good ball. He's he's super athletic, and he makes good decisions. But really, I mean it's it's kind of a weird situation. I guess, like you know you had with Mariota and Tannehill. I mean, you really don't from from my perspective now, I really don't know what's going to happen. But uh, I mean far as you know, taking it serious and putting all the work in, Jaydon's done that since he's been here. I think Carson has done a good job, you know, being by example all those quarterbacks when they.
Speaker 3: You know, NonStop workers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but really, I just think it's you know, when you get somebody new, the defense may not know what to expect. So you see that guy's like Lamar Jackson. It takes a while for the league to catch up to some players. You know, they may have a superb year one year and then you know it takes a while to catch up to them. But you know, they got the Saints this week. You know they're rocking and rolling. They got a really good defense backs against the wall. So if there's a time to get anything going, any type of sparks going, you know, this is a week so with really nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: And you guys have done that in the past, right obviously when Carson got hurt, backs against the wall and I'm going to win a super Bowl with your with the coach you have now, So that's it doesn't sound like you guys have you guys have been in situation before. It sounds like you guys are in to you know, it doesn't seem like it's that hard of a thing for you guys to do. Back against the wall type fight, scratch and crawl call for kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And NFC East is just so we're just so good this year. It's really competitive.
Speaker 2: So it's the most competitive league. Yep.
Speaker 3: You know, if you win five games, hell, you may be in the playoffs. So that's that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Tyler, Where do you guys stand at now in the playoffs? In the playoff run? What what's the are you using first, second, or third?
Speaker 3: We're third.
Speaker 5: We weren't first for a while and uh we you know, we had that tie with Cincinnati and so we were a game maybe a game and a half ahead of guys, and then over the past two weeks we kind of let the Giants and the reds or not the Redskins the football team rather catch up to us. So I think they're I'm not sure who's one or two out of them, but I know that we're third right now.
Speaker 3: We're flying third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys are still in the driver's seat. Man, You guys can go win a couple of games. Definitely, the Washington's football team. Beating the Steelers is definitely a kick in the nuts. Definitely in the division or race.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think anybody expected that to happen.
Speaker 5: I think the Steelers any of that though, Like it takes the it takes the edge off of them where they ought to be perfect. Yeah, you get me by a scene that's not expected to beat you. At least, you know, may give you an extra chip on your shoulder head into the playoffs getting.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, no doubt having. I mean, I think Eric Ebron tweeted about that today, how it was, you know they needed that type of situation. Let's say the Eagles don't make the playoffs. Who's winning the Super Bowl this year? So you're out of it right like, and then just so you don't play biasm yep. I mean it's hard to bet against the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 5: You know, really you have a guy like Aaron Rodgers who may sneak in there too. You know, he's the guy that's kind of a dark Corse. So I'm saying, maybe these these two teams yep.
Speaker 2: Definitely left out the Titans in that thing, but I won't hold it against them. It's a possibility. It's all right, people sleeping us for everybody.
Speaker 3: Over there, they just stay sleeping on.
Speaker 2: It's a repeeda dude. It's it's the top notch one too, man, It's all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: What people don't realize is that Tannehill was. I know, he's a big twelve receiver, a first team All Big twelve at receiver for like two years. Yeah, I had the most people don't really realize.
Speaker 3: That what kind of athlete he is.
Speaker 2: No. I asked him before. I was like, you think you'd still play a game at receiver? He goes, yeah, I think I could play one, he said. The lateral of the lateral is not as what it used to be, but that's straight live speed. He can take off on folks. Now, he's sleepy. You know what I'm saying, He's sleepy.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is that Josh mccowum, who was forty one or forty last year when he played with us, he played I guess he was with Detroit. He played a game at receiver. He shused, go check out the highlights.
Speaker 2: It's pretty entertaining, dude, Josh mcca he was he was? Was he on practice squad for a little bit with you guys?
Speaker 3: Or is that yeah?
Speaker 5: This year and he got picked up by the Texans, so he was at the house. I though he's coaching the sun in high school football or he had a good did going.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard about that.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I do want to hear about it before I let you go. Because so he's on practice squad for the Philadelphia Eagles, but he didn't have to be at Philadelphia. He could stay in Texas or wherever he's from and coaches kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like, you know, for Mergen situation, kind of like what we didn't want. What happened to the Broncos happened to us with a quarterback situation. So that was kind of the reasoning behind it. So but we uh, I guess a few weeks ago he ended up going to the Texans, so he swat, he switched sides on.
Speaker 2: Us, damn. And he's he's got to be in Houston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he lives there in Jacksonville, which is kind of close to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not too far a few hours. So he's. Man, he's got a good gig. He's got a damn good gig.
Speaker 2: Go yeah, good for him, man, happy for him. He's got another year into the about forty one years old, crushing it, dud. Hey, next time you have anything happened to you, we gotta go into the knife. Tell the Philadelphia is not be cheap and get you the jet. My god, I can't believe you're flying commercial right now. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I just hope I'm in a first I mean, if I'm not, I at least can I get an exit roll?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did that exit road, peace, I got.
Speaker 3: I got this big scooter. We got to have somewhere to put it.
Speaker 2: Hey, how dead is that airport? I haven't been in an airports? This is this whole COVID there.
Speaker 5: Man, there's a uh I mean we're in green Bay, wisconcert right now. There's probably six people in this whole airport.
Speaker 2: That's where you that's where you went to surgery is Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So actually we bummed me and Nate bummed around up here on Saturday with a team and then ended up do like a consultation Sunday.
Speaker 3: Then we had surgery yesterday.
Speaker 2: No way, Yeah, that is funny. Then you're going back you go.
Speaker 3: Back to Philly now, back to Philly now?
Speaker 2: And now are you going to stay in Philly and do your rehab there? Are you going to go back home?
Speaker 5: I'll probably go back home for a little bit. Yeah, And then, you know, I don't know OTAs. I don't know if that's going to happen this year. Usually run out time you start, you know, coming back and rehabbing. But who knows, man, nobody knows what's.
Speaker 3: Going to happen.
Speaker 2: You and I both know that missing OTAs is never a bad thing.
Speaker 5: Hey, never a bad thing, Never a bad thing, especially at this point in our career.
Speaker 2: No question, dude. Well I'll tell you. I hope you I hope you get healthy. Next time you get in a flight to go home, use a jet. You have a fat fat contract, so I'm proud of you. Happy for you, dude.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you soon, yes, sir, good Here for anybody.