Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Almost Famous Podcast. It's Memorial Day, well almost Memorial Day. It's an exciting weekend for all of us, kind of the start of Lake season if you're from the Midwest like I am. Ashley though, is already doing cool things. She's already been up to cool things. If you watch or follow Jared and Ashley on Instagram. If you don't, you should. They just got back from the Mission Impossible premiere, which I have to imagine is a dream come true. It's your second time, though, so is it as cool the second time?
Speaker 1: Ashley?
Speaker 3: We went to the last premiere as press, but it doesn't really matter because it's being at the red carpet and being at the event that is the cool part. And I'd say it was just as cool as time. Our moment with Tom this time was so sweet, so awesome. I will say that last time it was like unbelievable because we had such a crazy intimate conversation with him last time and this one was in more of like a meet and greet format, but both were amazing experiences.
Speaker 2: The Okay, so this is your second time meeting Tom Cruise, if not definitely close to the most well known actor in our lifetime. The first time was when I'm blanking on this.
Speaker 3: The first time was two years ago pretty much exactly. Okay, why at the Dead Racketing premiere, So this is the final Reckoning But.
Speaker 2: You didn't see the movie the first time. You just happened to meet Tom.
Speaker 3: Well, we had right, It was like last time we got to be part of a private Q and a session that only like a very very high up influencers were invited to. But because one of our friends at Paramount, she's become a friend, she was, she's one of the publicists at Paramount knows that Jared and I have such an organic, true passion for Tom and his movies that she was like, if you want to come and watch, like, we can get you guys like two seats in the influencer era era area. And then we got to have a little bit of a moment with him last time that was not supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I made some eye contact and I moved my way over there like an expert fangirl, and some people weren't thrilled, but Tom did not care that those people were in thrilled. He had such a nice conversation with us, and this time we knew we were going to be able to meet him. It was a scheduled meet and greet with some select influencers, including Dylan Efron, who I was fangirling over. Didn't tell him, even though I had it in my soul to tell him that his brother is like my hall pass, even though I don't just truly believe in a kiss hall past. Perhaps, and then Harry Josie was there, and then of course Hannah Godwin and Dylan Barber.
Speaker 2: The I think fans would be interested. I'm intrigued. How do you I mean, you just mentioned that you have a publicist friend, but how do you actually get invited to these specific events? What does that process look like?
Speaker 3: Well, Jared and I, when we've lived in LA, we'd have a you know, influencer events for certain movies. You know, we'd get invited to certain screenings just because The Bachelor and our following. And one of the things that we got asked to do via The Bachelor, I think it was Bachelor related. I think it was one of those commercials that they kind of you know, they tie into the show or tied into the commercials. We One was a paramount movie, and through that we got connected with the paramount's publicity. And that's how we've been able to go to like screen premiere as a mission impossible and have like a special top gun screening. Ah, okay, are you wanting to come and be involved? Because we'd love that, But you're not like so much of a you're not a celebrity dude, and you're not a movie dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I would. I would meet Tom Cruise and be so excited because I think his work is fantastic, But I like, honestly, I don't know if I would travel outside of Denver to go do it? Like I think that's how much excitement out of here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I understand that from you, because like there's many actors that I wouldn't travel for pretty much most Who is there anybody that you would travel for.
Speaker 2: Celebrity wise?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Even a concert, say like go out to a concert outside of state.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I think Jason isbel I would consider it if somebody invited me to it. Nate bergatsey Uh to see his comedy show, I would definitely consider that that's probably I mean amos Lee, but amos Lee hasn't came out with new music in a while, so no, Like, I can't think of anybody.
Speaker 3: I only know amos Lee threw you and you having him on your season, and the other guys I don't know.
Speaker 2: See, Well, it's very interesting. I've never I've never been that into it. I mean, Anthony Bourdain may his sole rest in peace. I would have traveled across the world toang out with him. No, but like that that would be it. When people ask me like, who are my four people to have dinner with? I oftentimes have a hard time answering it. But Tom Cruise is somebody. Tom Brady's obviously one that your family has traveled long and far to see Tom Cruise. Is there anybody else on that list? I remember Jared having an infatuation with Rob Thomas. I don't know if that's still a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course it is, but like he's friends with Rob Thomas now, like they like literally casually. Rob Thomas texted Jared last week, So we still will go, you know, hours hours or so for Rob. And if Rob happened to be in Virginia and we're like, oh, we should go to Virginia to like hang out with my parents, and we would make the trip around that time. Yeah, I would say I when I was a lot younger, I would travel way further like we used to go. My mom would take us on airplanes to American Idol concerts because when the American Idols the season would go on tour, we would go to at least three shows and it was the most fun summer trips. It's like camp Rock for my family and my friends. And then I'll still travel for Jonas brothers. I'll go to you know, four hours. I'll go to New York, so that's three hours. You know in Boston's an hour and a half, and like, you know, anything that would be convenient for my friends and I all go to and have an experience together.
Speaker 2: Your parents really when Charles Ling, which you haven't listened to that episode, we just interviewed Charles, it's out. It's great. His advice to me as a girl, dad was too I mean in a sense he said a lot wiser, like say yes to their dreams and what they want. Your parents definitely said yes.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, my mom.
Speaker 3: There was one month where we went to seven Jonas concerts in one month, and my mom was there for all of them.
Speaker 4: We were at the age where like we could go.
Speaker 3: She stayed at the hotel and then we would go to the Massonsquare Garden shows. But then there were a few like in random Ass, upstate, New York, where she'd go to the parents' room where they'd have that to the parent wouldn't have to have a ticket. It was the greatest times ever.
Speaker 4: And then so will we just tell you? And my mom had a great time too.
Speaker 3: My mom had such a good time, Like she's got great memories of just traveling with us girls and like heeing our pants in the back of the car, like with my friends, telling stories.
Speaker 2: I was working fish fries.
Speaker 3: Now, the cost of all of it, I have to say, you know, not always the most thrilling, but the memories were worth it, all right. So should I tell you about like our interaction with Tom Cruise now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear it all. Just lay it on us, tell us everything. I also want to put in a note. I know you think the same, so I'll just say it for both of us. Dawson was looking so good, oh thank you, so cute. It was an incredible viewing experience to see Dawson in that light. So, yes, let us know everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so let me just briefly tell you about the last time because he was It was just so funny because last time, when the publicist was trying to take Tom away from us, and Jared and I were explaining that Jerry maguire was a movie that I heard Jared quoting the first day that I ever met him, and it wasn't just like you had me at hello, or like show me the money, like he was doing deep cuts and it being one of my favorite movies and Jerry McGuire having the personality of somebody like just like that I've I'm so drawn to. I feel like Jared is probably closest to Jerry McGuire of all of Tom Cruise's characters. And when I heard Jared quote that movie like the first day that we ever met, I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Am so screwed.
Speaker 3: And then we ended up reciting that scene at our wedding, which you may remember, like yes, during the service at the church, the actual ceremony, remember that we had a reading from Jerry maguire. So the first time we told Tom about that and he was very touch and he was like, this is why I make movies, to inspire this kind of romance. And it was just like so many things he said. He was like, the world needs more people like you. And we're like, what, I know, it's so great and so it was truly just one of the most mind boggling memories of our whole lives. Anyway.
Speaker 4: So then fast forward to this.
Speaker 3: We knew that, like, we could never beat that moment, but we wanted to bring Dawson because Dawson is a fan of Top Gun. He watches Top Gun Maverick often. He cannot watch any of the other movies. We have shown him clips from censored clips from Jerry Maguire and he thinks, show me the money and help me. Help you are absolutely hilarious. And you know, we have a picture of him with Tom Brady on his first birthday. We're like, you know, it's our second time meeting him. Let's see if we can get him to come to the meet and greet with us. And he did and it was so sweet. We told Tom that are that Hayden's middle name is Cruse after him, and he was very touched by that. And then he showed Dawson his stomach.
Speaker 2: You don't think that's creep Wait, let me pause you there.
Speaker 3: Like, well, Dawson's middle name is Brady. Okay, so Dawson is ready.
Speaker 2: And I mean I personally hear that. I mean I like it because, like it's a good name. But like if I heard somebody say that to me, like, I don't know if I'd be touched. I think I'd be like, you really are obsessed with me.
Speaker 3: I think that Tom Cruise is like such an entity that like it doesn't really face him. Now, if you were to tell Amos Lee that you named Winnie's middle name Amos, like, maybe that would No, he would still love it. I think he's I think basically you would think you'd be obviously you and I would be freaked out if somebody said, like, I'm named her middle name Ashley, ourr middle named Higgins.
Speaker 2: And sure we'd be like.
Speaker 4: What that's it's so crazy, that's so awesome and what this seems to make so well, it's a little more sense.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely but it's proof that like we're like we are invested.
Speaker 4: So he showed Dawson the stunt. He was like, see how I'm out here on the wing.
Speaker 3: He's like, you like planes, I'm out here on the wing here, and I need to get into the cockpit right here.
Speaker 2: It is very cute.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I could go on an on and I suppose, but that was our meet and greet, and then my sister picked up Dawson before Jared and I headed to the movie, which is great and you should definitely go see it. In the plane stunt, which has been teased for about three years now really lives up. It is the craziest stunt you'll ever see ever. I can't even imagine a stunt like He's just a He is a stunt man, like there's He's probably the most impressive stunt man there is now.
Speaker 2: One of our producers had a question of how does Tom Cruise smell? That's not a question I would ask, but I'm laying it on our producer because it was a question asked out of curiosity. So give us your take. I guess, let's answer in a few ways. How does he smell? Is he as handsome in person as you imagine? I look at the picture and I would never have taken the picture Tom Cruise did because Jared's looking so handsome that it almost overshadows Tom Cruise, which I feel like is is something that should should never happen. But I mean, goodness, Jared can't help it that he's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well, Jared also has like a similarity. There's something there. I can't put my finger on what it is. It might even be their voice or their cadence, but there's something very Tom Cruisey about Jared and I get messages about this all the time. Whenever we talk about Tom Cruise on Instagram, people are like, you do know that Jared is like him? And I was like, yes, all right, so we don't know what he smells like because I didn't.
Speaker 4: I did not. I didn't smell a smell.
Speaker 3: Okay that I would have stood out if he had a potent clone, but it was not there. He just smells like a human, which doesn't really smell. And I will give you a fill in for the fact that I don't know what he spells like. He does not come across as short as everybody thinks that he would. Everybody's always like, is he as short as he as he seems? Or you know, he's notoriously like five six. I don't know whether he has lifts in his shoes, which he very very may well have, but both times he's never come across to me as a short man. Average, a little bit below average, but nothing to be like, Holy moly, what a short guy.
Speaker 4: In my heels. He's like just right there with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have always heard Tom Cruise is very short. Now, to summarize this whole experience, this's your second time. There's no more mission impossibles. Would you do it again? If you got the invite? Would you and Jared take a night out and go see Tom Cruise?
Speaker 3: Oh, we will will be there whenever they callful and oh my gosh, we're already telling Dawson that when Top Gun three comes out, he will be at the premiere.
Speaker 2: This is beautiful, Ashley, beautiful Ben things.
Speaker 4: I'm a psycho, Ben, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: I do think you're a psycho. I don't get it. I always have with this stuff. I've always thought that your fangirl dumb is something I cannot wrap my head around. And I know, but I've also told you that I think I'm on the outside looking in with this because I know since you talked about I know so many people who are like, I mean, the Taylor Swift craze really show me. People love this stuff and they love the fall. These people they'll fly across the US the world to see these tours.
Speaker 3: Now look at that those people for Taylor, well they'll travel to France to sit in the nose blades.
Speaker 2: No, That's what I'm saying. I I do think I'm I'm not right. I'm not like claiming that I'm I have the superior like world. I just don't get it. But it's great and I'm so happy that you guys had this evening together. And I'm so you know what else, Ashley, what makes this even more when I say beautiful, it is beautiful, is that you found a Jared who also is down for this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, like I found a man who cannot wait to go see the Backstreet Boys at the Sphere this summer.
Speaker 4: Who would have says that guy wants to do that.
Speaker 2: Nobody says that it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: All right, Ben, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: So I have a huge weekend. Something that I invited Jared to is.
Speaker 4: He's not good climbing. The man he would love.
Speaker 2: To do he would have said yes to Tom Cruise. If I was Tom Cruise, he would say, Okay, so here's what we're doing, and you're gonna hear more about this because I do want to try to get an episode going after the fact on Sunday. Jessica this weekend is going to go and hang out with her family in Nashville for a few days and then come back to Denver, which is great. She's gonna bring Winnie, They're gonna lay in the pool. They're gonna just hang out on Sunday then, So we kind of are overlapping a little bit. I leave for French Lick, Indiana, home of Larry Bird, one of the greatest basketball players of all time and a Celtic and a Celtic, and I am going to French Lick, and I have invited forty of my friends to come on a golf trip. We are golfing at French Lick and at their courses. Well's Adams is going to be there, Joey is gonna be there. Grocery store joe is gonna be there, Zach Clark is gonna be there.
Speaker 4: Wow, Dean is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there. It's gonna be a great experience, and it's friends of mine, from elementary school, from middle school, from high school, from college, from my first job out of college to the Bachelor world to post Bachelor world. It is a mixed bag of friends. I'm the only one that knows everybody that's going, and most people probably will know four to five other people in this huge group. But I've been working on that, setting that up. And so we're leaving and everybody's meeting us in southern Indiana for a nice little golf trip.
Speaker 4: That's so fun.
Speaker 3: Well, that's quite a crew. Jared's definitely gonna have fomo. I'm sorry you're going to Virginia. We haven't been there since March not that doesn't actually sound very long, but.
Speaker 2: Less than too much.
Speaker 4: We got a lot going on on our plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I have seen my parents in two months. I have to get it.
Speaker 4: It's well, I actually saw them two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's what I'm gonna be doing. It's gonna be great. You all are going to your parents' house to hang out for a few days, which is always fun, always something you look forward to. But yeah, we both have really exciting weekends. And I hope everybody listening has a really great weekend doing whatever they're doing. It's usually the weekend for barbecues. It's the weekend to get outside, to start messing around in the yard, to clean out the garage, to go to a brewery, to do whatever you do on this holiday. I hope it's a great time and if you get the chance to be around family. My dad is going, my father in law is going, which is super exciting. My brother in law is coming to French Lick. So I'm gonna be around family at some level.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we got going on.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, Ben, I hope you have the best time, and we will recap that golf trip when you get back.
Speaker 4: We'll put it in our next Headlines episode.
Speaker 2: Well, it'll be some stories we can share, probably not share. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Until then, guys, I've been Ashley.
Speaker 2: And I've been Ben. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.