Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Coast to Coast AM. Hello there, Connie Willis with you. I hope that you'll find me outside of here. It's a lot of fun to do live investigations and I do those for you. If you go to Connie Willis dot com, you'll find me in my shows. My show is Blue Rock Talk, and within it I have Project Creepy Hotspots. We go out on live investigations and we just had a mini one with one of my Blue Rockers that was out at a haunted cornfield and haunted cemetery in Durham, Pennsylvania, and we got possibly where am I sure if it's dog man or a big foot or I don't know, maybe some new corn creature or something like that. But we had some we had a lot of implications of something happening.
Speaker 3: So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And I was just up in the Rockies over the weekend and got a couple nights in my favorite area and there were all these handprints all over the vehicle. So remember when you go out up into the Rockies or any of the mountains or wherever you go for a couple days or maybe just overnight. Make sure your car is always dirty. Make sure you can get those handprints. Because footprints and we're talking the Bigfoot, the dog man, the other creatures out there, because there's many different ones. You know, it's very hard to get footprints. It's got to be the perfect situation. But with handprints, just make sure your car is dirty and try not to have a white car. Then get it dirtier because it's so hard to see. But man, when they're around you, they will touch it, and they will they'll have some huge hands.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I always want to say they're like Johnny Bench hands. Do you remember when Johnny Bench come on Cincinnati res fan right here? Remember when he would hold like five baseballs in one hand. He had his own mit without even having a mit on. So I always think of his hands when I see like a big foothand friend, it's just huge, and I just.
Speaker 3: Think it Johnny Bench.
Speaker 2: Some of you will understand that because they were the greatest baseball team ever.
Speaker 3: Just saying just sorry I had to throw that out. That was my time. That was my time.
Speaker 2: But anyway, go to Connie Willis dot com sign up for my show and be a part of creepy Hotspots and a lot of fun. All right, we have open lines happening for us later on. We've got music from the summer of nineteen eighty for you. Throughout the evening. We've got Tommy dan Heiser and Tammy also will pop in from time to time. That would be hilarious to me if you did some female voices from time to time, and that would be Tammy, your twin sister. But right now we have our guest, Mark Palbicki, and he had he had a near death experience.
Speaker 3: He's written about it. You can check out his book.
Speaker 2: His book is called I Got It Right Here Haunted Lake Tomahawk Memoirs of a ghost Hunter.
Speaker 3: So check out his book. He's done a really it's a.
Speaker 2: Very fun read, easy read and gets into what's happening and the thoughts behind everything too. You can go to his YouTube page channel Excuse Me Haunted Lake Tomahawk, and also his Facebook group of the same name. If you forget about that, just go to our website at Coast tocoastam dot com and you can find or to We're to look for all those things. But we have him here right now. Back in the day, he talked back and forth with Art Bell and he has been a fan of Coast to Coast AM for a long time. Been through a tough day today with a funeral of his one of his best friends. And here he is, though, hanging in there because his mission, his goal is to say, hey, you guys, life after death is real. He's made a lot of changes in his religious beliefs and his thoughts.
Speaker 3: Along the way.
Speaker 2: And then he also went out and interviewed a lot of people in order to have that book to get those stories, and he's learned a lot since.
Speaker 3: So Mark, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: You good?
Speaker 4: All you're learning? I got my trusty bucket next to.
Speaker 3: Anxiety being on Coast to Coast I think that's so cute.
Speaker 2: We got you your wife, Donna's holding your hand over there. You're going to be so happy after the show's over, You're going to go. I was on Coast to Coast all right, Okay, I promise, And I know, uh, I know people are going to be wanting to talk with you, so let me ask you about what I know. You have a lot of stories. You have stories that talk about the local haunts and the pubs. You've got stories about pet cemetery, you got the urban legends, you talk about different strange things, ghosts, ghost hunts and what you've kind of put together.
Speaker 3: But what what was like.
Speaker 2: The scariest story that you came across And it could be your experien answer or one of the other people you talked about.
Speaker 4: I'm not so sure it's scaring. But there was one called the Amityville Horror House in the kind of because of the shape of the roof. And Melinda Cleveland, the bartender, and her husband, they had bought that house and they did a renovation and she's telling me that things started happening with the renovation, and one was a green blanket that they were gutting the upstairs out and they would throw it away, and they had rented the big dumpster, and the next day it would come back. We'd be up in the room and it happened for a while, and she thought that her husband was messing with her, and it's like, no, he wouldn't, you wouldn't do that. And there were the incidents where he her husband was going down the stairs they had to pour some concrete downer ended up cutting his foot on a piece of leather. So it's I heard that story and that from that story, and this is a small town. It's maybe a population of two hundred, maybe a little bit more on a good damn. And from one story went to another story with this Mark Wilson, and Mark Wilson informed me that, oh, there was an exorcist performed on that house back in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I said, well that's interesting. And from from there I saw who performed the exorcist, and they gave me the guy's name. He said, but he changed his name. I said, I know. I says, that's Douglas Crew. No, Douglas Crew. I knew from an earlier story I met with Lost. He was he's a part of my paranormal team, but he's also a woven down wildlife artist. We want for a fish fry. And he introduced me to this dog, Curl, and Doug was just just down in the dumps and he was like he was having a nervous breakdown. He thought he was going crazy. And I thought that was unusual because it was the first time we ever met. And I said, what, what what makes you think you're going crazy?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 4: He says, Oh, my dog died, and he had a picture of any on a necklace he was wearing. He says, but I can sell that dog jumping on the bed at nighttime and it jumps up and it circles around, and he goes, I can feel all that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And I said, Doug, You're just You're just more in tune, you know, with what's going on with with the other side. I said, I myself had experience that several times, like when Lulu, my son in law Kim. He had twin boxers, it was Lulu and Alvin. And when Lulu passed away, she was about eighty pounds, but she jumped on the bed at her home here and slinger. The whole bed shook, and I was like, no, you're listening to him. You're not crazy at all. You can feel what's going on. So being a small town, I go to the meat market and Douglas growing up. I'm sorry I at the backcheck. Douglas Crow ended up being the pastor at the church. He left the church and he changed his name to Douglas Crow. Okay, so it's all interconnected. The meat market and I wanted a skunk cape shirt from Florida, and one of the guy who works there. He says, hey, I know his cousin. So I looked at it. Look, they looked at the right. I said, you're talking to me. He's pointing at my shirt. So we end up going on a big, bigfoot hunt.
Speaker 3: Excellent his boss there.
Speaker 4: I go there and I get apple turnovers on Sunday morning. It's one of the best secrets. And he tells me about the haunted house. The first of all been Linda's house there that and uh, he's telling me about all these how he dated a girl and all these pieces are of puzzles and games are floating around the room and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Whoa pieces of the puzzle.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, hold on, pieces of puzzles were floating around in the air. Yeah, oh my goodness, that would okay.
Speaker 4: So from there I got a whold the original girl that he had dated. It way back then, and there was four sisters that lived in the house. And they're telling me these stories.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: About the time the now. But you can hear people one up and down the steps, and how I think one of them, the niece, has got pushed down the steps. It was three three years old or something and you fell. Oh, no, I was pushed. Oh this this story, isn't it in the book? Yeah? I think maybe they'll there'll be a second book.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to go.
Speaker 4: Back and we'll talk about the neds and and stuff. But this story goes back and they were claiming that the house was built from like an old kind of CD motel, maybe brothel kind of things going on down off the Wisconsin whenever, down by Tomahawk somewhere, and that's where they think that energy came from. It was the building materials, inanimate objects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's still I get it.
Speaker 2: So why why did the minister?
Speaker 3: Why did he change his name? Why did he leave and change his name? Was there something behind.
Speaker 4: That I didn't ask him?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, there there's a story there.
Speaker 4: I know. But he's right now, he's in the in the hospital getting help.
Speaker 3: So oh no, there's yep, there's a story there. Hopey.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you think it was spooky, you think it's like spooky exorsus kind of weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's one of the chapters in your next book. Okay, Okay, you got it, all right, that's good.
Speaker 2: There's there's going to be a that that might be an entire book that one. Okay, so I want to go to the pets Cemetery. You had some stories in the area with pet cemetery.
Speaker 4: Okay, we kind of touch space on that with the circling around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, screwed dogs and stuff.
Speaker 4: But Airport Charlie and his wife Rio at Delphim Field on the airport there, you call him Airport Charlie. He was telling me after their dog passed away and he was a big, beautiful white lamb, and after he's passed away, they could feel lumbering around and went seeing and whining, maybe wanted to go outside. And for some odd reason, two or three in the morning, the radio would come on all by itself and it would be blasting like Barbara Strays and music, and and Ray said, there was always Barbara Strays and I don't know why.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: Who knows? So, But I think the most interesting story up there was the Village Cafe. And after the party, we actually did two investigations at the Village Cafe. And I said to myself from the office that I was only going to investigate people I knew in life. I was good with my life I'd be good with them and death that they wouldn't get have anything I love, get attached, or cause any problems in my life as well. So we went in there and we had I think four investigators at the time and Tom Katania filmmaker. I go back to Tom for thirty years, and I never knew he was a paranormal investigator. It was something you didn't talk about. I think right now today it's more acceptable than it's probably ever been. Yes.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 4: So Tom is there and he's got his cameras and stuff, and the gig is there waking out. We had crystal meters set up, and we had scanners and a portal connect camera which we're interacting, you know, it makes the stick person.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the sls.
Speaker 4: They are interacting with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those are crazy cameras, aren't they.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to make of them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, I know, but they're they're interesting too. I have one. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: So we're going through that, and we have a thermal imager. Tom and Jeff Brown. He's picking up this thermal imaging behind the counter. It's just the shape of a person. And I got this stick person in front of me. Kind of dancing around, you know, and he said, well, put your right arm out, Mark because it's it's right there. So I put my arm out and with Duck underneath, and just then Jeff Brown screams out Donna's name issue with the owner. She passed away and it disappeared. They were like, huh, we that was That was strange. And just then we're we're working at the trifle manage, wigging out. And I think that the spirits or the ghost, the essence of the whatever you want to you want to call it ghost, the feet off of the emotional energies, and I think in our excitement, I think a lot of that. They were feeding off our own, our own energy, their own excitement. We're just then a bank of lights over where the boosts are, and I think it was like four or five lights. It was like a nine Miller meter going off. It was like a big boom. And even Pat Barney and he was there skeptic that night, his eyes were bugging out. We figure, oh, a breaker blow. So we went down in the basement and Brickers We're all, okay. We went by the switch. This switch wasn't working, so we had no explanation what happened there down in the basement. The lights were flashing on and off. I don't off. Then they picked up another connect camera hit down there was it was like a spider monster and I said call it and a person walking.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more