Speaker 1: And we're recording.
Speaker 2: Hey Andrew, Hey, we didn't even clear any of this out of here.
Speaker 1: We don't need to, why because look at your floor. There's way bigger issues.
Speaker 2: Going hold on, So was this airing today? Wow? Welcome to bull Chat.
Speaker 1: It's live, baby, it's.
Speaker 2: Been a minute.
Speaker 1: What? Sorry? What? Well, we haven't had a bull chat in quite some time, I know, but we were doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's not get into all that because we don't need any arguments.
Speaker 1: And well there's nothing that we would argue over. I tried to record last week and you couldn't. All.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go. It's the first bull Chat of the new year. Welcome and then you know what, Andrew, I think we already had one of the new year. We did not Happy New Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Well I'll give it. That's supposed to show you that we changed.
Speaker 2: All I know is I type in BC and nothing happens.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should type in bull chat.
Speaker 2: It's not under bull chat.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should type in CK and it's dash bull chat.
Speaker 2: It's not because it's under BC.
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 2: Because I made this whole thing. Well, if you made it, then I'm gonna have a stroke. So how's life Andrew.
Speaker 1: It's time for ball old chat. Yeah see I just did it for you. It anymore, it's.
Speaker 2: Not here, okay, so just start talking to Andrew. There she is. This is bull chat.
Speaker 1: What's crazy? Canay search that? And then you kept saying I'm the one who labeled it?
Speaker 2: And then whatever, bro, if this is your first time here, Prevagon, no I need it. Yeah, it's expensive. I just can't hack it. Yeah, maybe we can get them to spot Hello, Scotty's Memory Minute sponsored by Prevision. Let's get them in here.
Speaker 1: It's just you making old man noises. Let me find this. I can't find this.
Speaker 2: And then and then Ding remembered it's right here, Thanks Prevaging.
Speaker 1: I always put my keys there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know what. Somebody should be working on that. All these things that we mentioned every once in a while, someone in the sales department should be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, they did it. They mentioned privileging. Okay, I mean does privilegent spend money on radio ads?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard of podcast ads. Yeah, how do you think I know that it's derived from jellyfish?
Speaker 1: Maybe you should write down what we mentioned and then I'll send it over. Okay, like I do with other things. All right, just saying, so, what do you got? How was New Year's It was good.
Speaker 2: It's a long time ago. Who cares about that.
Speaker 1: I went to Disneyland this weekend. Also, I did the Alter Ego Festival in la and Bush was there and Serene. Yes they did. And the best was there were several people there who were like, who's Bush? And they were like, oh, you don't know the song Glycerine? And I almost called you and was like, oh, Scottie Bush is playing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you should have FaceTime made come from this cloud glacere man. I would have loved to.
Speaker 1: You should work it next year.
Speaker 2: I wasn't offered to work it.
Speaker 1: Well, just talk to Elizabeth and she'll make sure you're there.
Speaker 2: Did they do that one?
Speaker 1: Did they do that? Think?
Speaker 2: I don't definitely do that one?
Speaker 1: They did?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh god, I love it a machine head dude, here we go with the music again. I don't care. Yes, Oh yeah they did that one. Yeah they did. And they probably did this one also.
Speaker 1: Probably I don't remember. Fine, but anyway, brother cool. Yeah, but yeah they did a bunch of those I Swallowed song what so? Yeah they did. They were there okay, chemicals between us.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh man, my nineties alternative is coming out, even though it's a lot of that's two thousands.
Speaker 1: My nineties alternative is coming out. Just let me get my skateboard.
Speaker 2: No cool? Whoa little things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, little things?
Speaker 2: All right, go on, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they were there. The nineteen seventy five were there, which I love. I saw them perform a couple songs. They didn't play the one song I wanted, though. They have a song called Oh Caroline. It sounds like an eighties song.
Speaker 2: It was the one that Shaggy dude.
Speaker 1: It is not okay, but they sing it and it has like it sounds like an eaty song, and it's one of my favorites. But they didn't do that one. But they did somebody Else, which is like another one of my jams from them, So I was happy. Okay, fall Out Boy was there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do the same sets every time.
Speaker 2: What can I find this song?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anyway, but yeah, that was fun. And then the next day I went to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: I was at Disneyland one time and I went by myself, so it wasn't that much fun.
Speaker 1: I went a couple years ago with Coaster Boy Josh, and we like got too late. They didn't have the genie system that they have now, so like we really didn't get to do much. But this time, like I got a whole day there. I had the best time. I love Disneyland, not as much as Disney World.
Speaker 2: It's just small smaller. It's smaller, and there's only one park, right.
Speaker 1: Two parks, two parks. It's disney Land, which has like the Castle, which is puny. They have the new Star Wars Land there. Oh, Space Mountain.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, we just recorded Serial Killers and you know you'll have to listen on Monday and find out why I just made that sound.
Speaker 1: Cool anyway, So they have that there. But then they have Disney's California Adventure. Ah, And what's crazy about it and what my favorite part about it is is that the California Adventure used to be called like Disney's California I think, mm hmm, and it was literally just modeled after California, and people were like, why am I going to a park based off of California in California? That's dumb, Okay, So then they changed it and now they have like Pixar, Pier and all this other fun stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, who was there play?
Speaker 1: You have to pay for that, probably because the Chips people are the only ones who have ever copyright striked a video down.
Speaker 2: Phil Bondelli didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I'd have no idea, but he can choke.
Speaker 2: Did you see California, Hiachulman, when you were out there? I did not.
Speaker 1: What do you call it? You drove? I'm not paid. I flew into ana.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm on my phone the whole time. I don't look out the window. I don't look out the window when I'm in a car. What are you saying when you're in a different city or stay or every dog? Are you're like?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not a two year old.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog with my out the window. I look at different stores and different things. I love to see other things. Put that on your grave, Scott be love to see other things. It's true, though, It's true. You know when I go to a different town to I go to the supermarkets. I like to explore. I like to see stores that we don't have here. Why don't you like those things?
Speaker 1: It's because I'm still in the United States. It's Anaheim California. I'm so sorry that I wasn't sitting there being like, ah, but they've California, California, live, live, California Highway Patrol there. Okay, I'm not sitting out the window looking for the police.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I think it's fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. I saw a police.
Speaker 2: Car, but you don't know which one of what jurisdiction was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't on a motorcycle.
Speaker 2: It could have been a car. They've they've cruisers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't see the cruiser. It was the big Chevy suburban that they usually drive.
Speaker 2: Oh man, sorry, that makes me sad.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like Disney police.
Speaker 1: No, it's so small. It's like they don't really have too much going on there. But I will say I felt so bad because when I was leaving, I wanted to go on the cars ride and I bought the cars ride thing for the group I was with. But then the ride was closed. So it's like six fifteen. My flight's at nine from Lax, So they were like, you need to leave. I'm like, no, I could stay and maybe we could get on this right. But anyway, went to customer service got the refund for that, and then because Genieplus was down already, we got the whole thing for free basically except the tickets. Wow, look at you. But let me tell you the woman in front of us that she's probably still arguing with the customer service people because it was her and her twin And it was crazy because she turned around and was like, you gotta take them for all that they're worth. And literally, I kid.
Speaker 2: You not hate those people.
Speaker 1: Right behind her, it's like another head form and she's like, yeah, take a privity at the world, and it was her exact depace. I'm like, what the hell is going on? She's like, we screenshot it all the rides that we couldn't go on. We're gonna get thirteen free fast passes. I'm like, you're not. But that's great for you to think that I hate people. I really do.
Speaker 2: There are people in this world that are just set out to like they're like, you know what, we're gonna screw them.
Speaker 1: To Nickel and nime everything. Yeah, it's like I don't know. I was like, what can I get for free?
Speaker 2: Type person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was fine to get just the free money that I spent because I wasn't going to be able to use it or the money that I spent. I was willing to get a refund for that. It was like seventy bucks, but I wanted those seventy bucks back. But Elizabeth, who we were I was with, was like, no, you need to tell him at the Genie thing, and she spoke up for me, and then we got an additional two hundred dollars back. Wow, I know.
Speaker 2: Look at you see, I'm not I'm not that good at speaking up when I want when I'm trying to. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage.
Speaker 2: I don't want to excuse me. Also, there was that that I.
Speaker 1: Bought exactly and I had such a great day and we did get to go on so many rides regardless of it. Yeah, so it just to me. I was like, I still had a wonderful day. But you know what, it was wonderful and I have an extra two hundred bucks in my pockets, so good for you. Yeah, I loved it. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: So now I want to take I want to take Cooper to U Universal Studios because she's never been.
Speaker 1: I want to go. So I haven't been in at least ten years.
Speaker 2: They still have Jaws. They still have no I.
Speaker 1: Thought like I rid of Jaws?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you talking about California or.
Speaker 2: Californywood Hollywood or or Hollywood? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they have a lot of the old stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do. They still have the old train station with the gas truck that blows up, and they all have the Psycho House. It's all the same stuff, but it's timeless, you know. And I want to take Cooper there. She would she would absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: And they have the Nintendo World.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: That looks really cool. Can I tell you I'm going back to Japan? No?
Speaker 2: Are you going to Uh?
Speaker 1: You can't find it? Don't kid yourself.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get us some cereals?
Speaker 1: Turn Japan?
Speaker 2: Can't wait to break that out again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to Tokyo Disney. I'm gonna go to Tokyo Disney. C. I might even do Universal in Osaka.
Speaker 2: There is such a thing, yes, a universal Universal? Yes, Osaka?
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh, I know.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping to get to go there.
Speaker 2: Why are you going back to Japan? Why wouldn't you explore some other part of the world that you haven't been to yet.
Speaker 1: I would love to go back to New Zealand or Australia.
Speaker 2: But why back to Why don't you go to places you haven't been You're like, I don't know. You're a fairly seasoned guy. You could travel the world. Why go back to places? Because last time, I mean, I do come to a place a week, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this time I get almost two full weeks and I'm gonna go over the summer vacation, so I'm gonna spend more time in a lot of like the different cities I didn't get to before, or experience more of Tokyo. I really didn't get to see enough of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean this is a big It's a big world, lots of places.
Speaker 1: It is the biggest. I think Tokyo is the biggest. Like the metropolis on Earth.
Speaker 2: Metropolis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that big.
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called a metropolis? Yes?
Speaker 1: Because it spanned so much space and there's so many people living there.
Speaker 2: I thought metropolis was just like you know, some thing that they use and cartoons.
Speaker 1: I will say, there's this really lame guy one guy. Yes, specific if when I tell you it off area you're gonna be like, oh, yeah, that guy sucks. But he always posts things being like woke up in Metropolis this morning, referring to New York and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Shut up or the Big Apple?
Speaker 1: Ugh? Gross?
Speaker 2: Hold on, metropolists, is it an actual place. I bet there's a metropolis Tennessee. I'm sure there's some some state that has the city called metropolis.
Speaker 1: Oh so hold up. The Tokyo Metropolitan Area, which includes Tokyo and nearby prefectures, is the world's most populous metropolitan area, with forty point eight million residents as of twenty twenty three. It's the second largest metropolitan economy in the world after New York City.
Speaker 2: But what's the definition of metropolis?
Speaker 1: So if you look at it on a map, that's literally how big it is.
Speaker 2: That's cool. But what's the definition of metropolis? Is it a real thing? Because I mean, I've heard of metroplex that's like, isn't that like in Texas or something that's a movie theater? No, I think that.
Speaker 1: They metropolis is a large city or conurbation.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That just sounds foul. Which is a significant economic, political, and cultural area for a country or region. And an important hub for regional or international connections, commerce and communications. Okay, yeah, Tokyo is the world's most populous, so like a hub. New York has garnered the nickname Metropolis to describe the city in the daytime in popular culture.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude. Anyway, let's go over to what were you making fun of me for?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so when the next Serial Killers, Andrew's going to make fun of me for being on four square back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but everybody was. But what if we go to commercial first, We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 2: Look, it was twelve minutes on both of them. So you're good, so you can remember that. But yeah, so years ago.
Speaker 1: There was an app called four square. I mean, so you would check into places.
Speaker 2: Does it still exist?
Speaker 1: I think it does. Once try and log in.
Speaker 2: I don't have the app anymore.
Speaker 1: Download it.
Speaker 2: I'm not downloading it. Yesterday, actually, a bunch of memories came up on Facebook that I became mayor of some places of the Plainview Diner, which is now out of business, said and I was the mayor, and I think I left as the mayor. Wow, Like I think they closed down and I was still the mayor. Right, I even have a mayor T.
Speaker 1: Shirt that they would send you T shirts. I have a t I'll want to wear it tomorrow. Please don't. Okay, wait what I'm so confused? So four square would send T shirts?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure I bought it.
Speaker 1: You bought a T shirt that you were the mayor of the plane View.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, what It's just a T shirt that had the icon, the mayor icon on it. I'm gonna wear it tomorrow, you'll see.
Speaker 1: Can you show me what the icon looks like?
Speaker 2: I don't remember just type. It was a crown. It was like a king crown.
Speaker 1: And so if I'm trying to understand the psychology of this, yes, you would check in for what reason?
Speaker 2: Just to be cool?
Speaker 1: Okay? You know, so checking into just say the plain View diner for four days that week, you would be like, yeah, I gotta check in, gotta get these? Did you get points?
Speaker 2: It was that? That? That? That was the that was it?
Speaker 1: So? How did it work?
Speaker 2: Like it was a three point crown?
Speaker 1: No? I know, but like, how did it work? Did you get something for it? Would they like give your loyalty point?
Speaker 2: You would just be like cool. You would have bragging rights because people other people would check in would be like Scott b is mayor here, and they'd be like, oh I know that guy. Oh cool. Yeah, that's definitely So I was probably mayor of like maybe a dozen places at once. That's insane because did you remember when people used to play that was that Pokemon go thing? Yeah, so that was me on four square every place want to be I'm on the lie at exit forty seven. There was no Exit forty seven and exit forty six check in. I would check in everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: Insane to me, Like why did you want people to know you were at all these places?
Speaker 2: It was it was all the rage at that point. That wasn't like it wasn't letting people know I was there. I was just on the actual app. I would say I was there.
Speaker 1: You know what a simple app when you think of it, it literally would just take your GPS YEP and they just like made people be like, oh yeah, just check in.
Speaker 2: So what do you think that was maybe like eight years ago or so more than that, eight to ten, yeah, because when I if you, if you live on Long Island.
Speaker 1: Longer than that actually, because I was in college when that.
Speaker 2: I think it was probably ten years ago. If you live on Long Island, and if you frequent or ever, go to Adventureland, the park in Farmingdale, the amusement park, and if you get on the train, the train that takes you around the whole park. As you're coming around on the train, you'll see there's an old sign that they haven't removed that said check in on four square And it's still there. But just before you pass the arcade, it's on the right hand side. Look for it. You'll laugh and think of me and what's crazy and realize I was the mayor of it at one point.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand what its use was.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing has, nothing, has any use. People just want to be a part of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all that one just confuses me. And then Facebook just basically was like, hey could check in places now, Yeah, and then it eliminated the need for it.
Speaker 2: That's it. I don't even know if it's still a thing I found looking in No, no, no, four square. All right, So I'm gonna go to my app store right now.
Speaker 1: I will die of laughter. If you could still check into your four square.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see. Well, I don't know, I don't know what my password is.
Speaker 1: Something tells me it's one of the ones that you use frequently.
Speaker 2: No, this is no, it's not even here anymore. Four square by city Guide. Okay, so city Guide bought them up and now it's just like a view site or something like that.
Speaker 1: Please download it.
Speaker 2: No, why because that's the same thing. It's not checking in anymore. It's restaurants and bars nearby.
Speaker 1: No, but it will keep everything in there.
Speaker 2: I don't need any more stuff. So many apps? I have so many? Okay, I mean my kids have more, but I got it tells me the ones I haven't used in like five years, and I gotta get.
Speaker 1: Right now, are your kids using tu Bro?
Speaker 2: I'm just about to get ten free items. I literally just did it an hour ago. Look, I'm still stocking my cart.
Speaker 1: Can you buy me something?
Speaker 2: But I can't figure out how to search for things? It only tells me what I should buy it.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to get the document case that's fireproof.
Speaker 2: Okay. My friend, oh my friend, okay, so he needed a microphone, okay, because he's also in the biz and.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no biz.
Speaker 2: So look, so this microphone, this professional microphone, is thirty seven hundred dollars if you buy it from like the real place and on TIMU it's twenty nine. And he bought it and he said that even professional audio people cannot tell the difference.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, buy it now before they're gone.
Speaker 1: So you're buying it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need it.
Speaker 1: Well, what if you bought it and then we could do ball chats at home? Look? There, wouldn't that be great if you had that at your home and then we could bowl chat from home.
Speaker 2: I have microphones at home right now.
Speaker 1: So the why don't we do ball chats from home? Because we're just talking and I could record it on zoom.
Speaker 2: And because when I'm home, I'm doing things.
Speaker 1: It's no more working, Like, oh god, you're doing things. What do you think anybody does?
Speaker 2: Look, once I'm home, I'm doing laundry, I'm taking care of the kids. Great, I'm trying to nap it never works, and it's making dinner. I don't have time to sit and a record when I'm hot. If you that's my home time.
Speaker 1: But if you were home at say eleven eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: I've never left after this. Why can we just do it here? Then?
Speaker 1: Because you have to go home because the dog is pooping all over the floorating.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. I'm not even kidding. And I have a haircut today too. I told you I needed to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at twelve.
Speaker 2: I need a little few more minutes. A little few more minutes, yes, what does that mean? I have to check my way and see how long it's gonna take me to get hold.
Speaker 1: Have to check in on four square at the barber. No, Scott b is getting a fresh haircut. It's super cuts.
Speaker 2: I don't let's see how long is that right now? It's an hour and thirteen hour and eighteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good. So I have to leave very shortly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you want me to just end it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We've only we've only.
Speaker 1: Sounded like the Bluetooth connecting device what where when you get something from Timu where it's like, oh you didn't get a son No speaker, you got a Sponos speaker. Yeah you know, and then when it connects to Bluetooth. You have that woman that goes the Bluetooth A device is a connecting is it?
Speaker 2: How she talks?
Speaker 1: Yes? You never and it's usually the same tone every time, it's like dun dun, dun, du du du du. And it's then the woman comes out and she goes, the Bluetooth device is a connecting No, she's like questioning it.
Speaker 2: So far we've gotten one TMU package in the house. Cooper is like Cooper tries to share her TEAMU code with everybody so she can get free stuff. And I'm not buying it. But this time I spun the wheel and I got one hundred percent off six items. Very excited.
Speaker 1: Wait the blue light that's what place on every product that you buy. That's like a knockoff.
Speaker 2: But she's like taking a breath, right, the bluetooth device is that connected? Success funny, that's very funny. I've never heard that before in my life. But let's get that dont buy fake stuff, just saying okay, yeah, I'm about to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say, if you have tea mood, then you definitely.
Speaker 2: Are about to. I don't understand how you get like this crazy wind poll twenty seven Sure or something's up. Something's definitely up because it's all stolen merchandise.
Speaker 1: They got me on an ad being like the same thing, ten free gifts. Then it was like Okay, enter the redemption code. So I just kept cooking copy nothing was copying, and so I'm like, well, I don't really need this that bad.
Speaker 2: You know what I think their whole site is. I think their whole site is storage containers that are pirated off of ships and ones that fall into the ocean on rocky waters and they just go recover everything.
Speaker 1: So what it is is they're just going through Ali Baba directly to there of something. No, it's the site that I make my koozies on, but they basically are going to Ali Baba and then instead of like going to say someone like us to sell the products to, Timu just buys a ton of that and then just sells directly to you. So they're buying the stuff directly from there and then just selling it cheap.
Speaker 2: Isn't it kind of like that everything crazy value saving store pretty much they just buy all the overstock and the returns from Target and Amazon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're not buying like again, if you buy a Bluetooth speaker, they're getting the budget one, buying like one hundred thousand of them, and then it's so cheap anyway because they're buying it that cheap.
Speaker 2: Okay. My problem is is anything from these knockoff site sites, which TIMU is that has a cord of any kind. I do not want to plug into my wall. I'm afraid that it is going to explode while I'm out.
Speaker 1: There, and then as your house is burning up. Shell just hear the woman the Bluetooth devices as guy successfully connected.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, as because none of their electronic stuff is UL listed, none of it.
Speaker 1: Is well yeah, yeah, what is.
Speaker 2: Really any electronic device that is hold up?
Speaker 1: We'll be back right after this connected successfully.
Speaker 2: And where we're back. So any electronic device, I don't know, if it has to be made in the US or if it's sold in the US, must be tested by Underwriters laboratory. That way you know that it's safe. And if you look on your little plug or the back of the device, it's it says UL in a circle. That's their little logo. It's almost like Consumer Reports tested it, but it's Underwriter's Laboratory and they test all these electronic devices to make sure when you're plug it into the wall that it's not going to overheat the wiring and your house is going to go on fire. Yeah, yeah, so you kind of want to look for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if but and also he's cooper on this or act on this side of TikTok or Instagram reels where it's like people with just the most like unnecessary things in their kitchen where it's like, oh, look at how they live, and like they'll enter the house and then they'll have like a bucket that they put their shoes in that like UV radiates them. Gotta take them out, got to have it, and then they have like something then they'll be making like sixteen different vegetables, so they throw them all in a pot and then throw this like thing that bubbles to like get the bubbles out, and then they have like a three stacker fryer cooker thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cool. We have to have a dad. Look, can we get this?
Speaker 1: It's insane the amount of things that you don't actually need. It. Don't even get me started about these Stanley cups. Why are you buying a lid to go over your Stanley that has like all these.
Speaker 2: Chicks, well because they leak. Well do you know these expensive stanleyes? It lets you buy the special thing for it. They you knock it over it leaks everywhere. Oh wow, you spend sixty bucks on a freaking cup and it leaks when it falls over.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb that you have to People are buying charms and little backpacks for them. It's like, where did we as a country go wrong?
Speaker 2: Some idiot on TikTok probably did something, and some idiot kids saw it and sent it to all the other idiot kid friends, and there we go. Now that people are fighting like aage coquette. That's right now, it's coquete. People are fighting like cabbage patch dolls at Target for the red and pink ones. You saw that, right.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it. It's if you need a koozie for it, our beer sized coozies from koozie Kings or sorry, brew pants do fit them? Search brew pants on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Okay, not an ad, but also please do that so I can get them the hell out of my garage.
Speaker 1: They are out of your garage.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. I got seven more coming today. I saw the ups numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, it's because they don't understand it weird. Please don't worry, we don't see they don't bring it up. Don't need to air our dirty laundring it up. Don't need to air the dirty launch. They were not bringing it up.
Speaker 2: Well you brought up the coozies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they fit Stanley cup.
Speaker 2: Guess what, I stays in Stanley Cupp's for two weeks. Don't need your damn koozie for it?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah you do, because if you don't, then you're just walking around obnoxiously like throwing your stupid metal thing on.
Speaker 2: You know that Stanley's have been around since like the sixties and seventies, and now all of a sudden they're all the.
Speaker 1: Rage under And for me, I don't like straws in those things. They are moldy, disgusting breeding grounds for diseases.
Speaker 2: Hey, you want to know something. That's why I used styrofoam disposable Bye, know what.
Speaker 1: I just do?
Speaker 2: How dare you with the landfills? Actually, I just use disposable cups, Dude, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I get a nice whatever my water vessel is, and I just get a paper cup and I just pour it in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's great paper cups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need to drink straight from the bottle with the straw. People don't realize that you have to clean that's right.
Speaker 2: Like you really have to put in the dishwasher for them.
Speaker 1: There is mold growing in them.
Speaker 2: You have to take it apart. If you have the little cap, you pop that little spinny thing out because mold girls underneath you.
Speaker 1: You have to clean that like at least once or twice a week, like a month a week.
Speaker 2: I put in the dishwasher once a week at least.
Speaker 1: So your girls are Stanley girls.
Speaker 2: They are Stanley girls.
Speaker 1: Wow, yep. They have the charms and the name place.
Speaker 2: I mean, Cooper does. Cooper has a has a engraved with Sawyer's face on hers.
Speaker 1: That's insane, It is insane. I don't even want to know how much that cost.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She got it for the hollow the laser engraving of the dog in there.
Speaker 2: Yep. And she's got the little the topper thing and the little the little spell thing. Oh it's so coquette. I'm so coquette. Now, she's so coquette.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I really need to find this gen Z video.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell her. I must listen to me. You cannot say the word coquette again until you can spell it. That That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna tell her you can't say words unless you can spell them. Hey, I died. He spelled car What she does not how to spell?
Speaker 1: Calls?
Speaker 2: You can't speak anymore you. I want you to spell speak from now on. From now on, f r O m n O w oh n. From now on. I want you to spell everything. I want to. I want to decode what you're saying by spelling. What if you just get her a whiteboard and she just lifts it up. I want to get her speak and spell. Remember those things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, tablets before tablets, that's right. Yeah. Fun coquette, it is so coquette. Can you spell see O q U E T t E.
Speaker 2: Isn't that croquette?
Speaker 1: No, there's be an r in there.
Speaker 2: There's a croquette like a croquette, like a flaky pastry thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they're the best.
Speaker 2: So those are what can you look it up?
Speaker 1: Please? Coquette?
Speaker 2: So it's a definition.
Speaker 1: Jackie sent me something the other day. It was like, oh, here's coquette. Can we make up a word? Can we make up a word? Coquette is French, so it's already been a word.
Speaker 2: I get it. But why are the kids using it that that replaced preppy? Everything was preppy.
Speaker 1: Now it's coquette, coquette aesthetic. You're soft, hyper feminine. So it's like when you see something that's like ultra like I could say, like lucky so coquette in that very swear lucky charms, hold on a smart smart. Well, they are saying that kids are like very twitchy now like little kids. Oh you think from watching and so much like hyper fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come to my house, that's what That's what goes on in my house.
Speaker 1: I will say. Eating dinner with Cooper that day, she was kind of like you'd be in the middle of talking and she'd be like, well, that's not very coquette. Any would be like, so.
Speaker 2: We're dancing too, Like dude, this generation Seriously, I don't want to sound like an old man, but it is just like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know the attention span. I'm not sure where it is.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine being a teacher for tweens I right now in this world.
Speaker 1: I just remember having like the fear of God instilled in me. If my cell phone was like anywhere present in the classroom.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you had cell phones when you were in class. Yeah, okay, they weren't even invented yet for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well cool, anyway back to what I was saying. But mine were still flip phones and they weren't like iPhones. They were still pretty dumb. You could text and make phone calls, that's about it. And if you press the internet button, you were getting sued, not sued. But my parents would be like, why is there seventy thousand the.
Speaker 2: Next tell button?
Speaker 1: Well, they always kept it in the center too, and I never understood the stupid Internet button. But anyway, Yeah, you were never allowed to take your phone out, and now it seems like you're allowed to bring your phone to school. Just make sure it's on silent.
Speaker 2: You know, my kids can't have it in the classroom, at least in the middle school they can't. They stay in the locker.
Speaker 1: Need to come out with the bags that they have for what is it for? Like concerts? Yes, they need to do that in every classroom.
Speaker 2: Funny you say that, because now some of the high school classrooms have it's almost like a shoe rack. It's hanging on the wall with numbers on it, and you have to stick your phone in there when you come in genius. No not no distractions, genius love that you need it, yes you do.
Speaker 1: But the problem is if they have laptops, then they could still get their texasges.
Speaker 2: That way, right. Well, this was this was this was me. Let's say, I'm gonna see what this sounds like because this was me in my classroom. Oh, come on with your stupid ad God. Why why is everything add ad ad ad ad ad capitalism? Bro? Yeah, this was me in school. Let's say, come on, come on, are.
Speaker 1: You watching some like weird old man with a b ber?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yes, here nineties? Why want to come on?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my classroom. A teacher's like, who's paping?
Speaker 1: Who's peeping?
Speaker 2: Can I go to the bathroom? You don't want to go to the bathroom. You want to go to the payphone.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Yeah, and then you have to go to a payphone and call someone.
Speaker 2: It's like Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: Although the phone booth vanished long before really I was in school.
Speaker 1: By the time I was in senior year, I still had a flip phone because it wasn't until my freshman year that I got the BlackBerry Pearl. I loved that BlackBerry pearl. I still have my BlackBerry, you know that, or maybe I had the BlackBerry Storm.
Speaker 2: I have to look at see which one I have. I had sitting on my night table. I use it every morning as an alarm.
Speaker 1: I had the BlackBerry Storm, which was like once iPhone came out and they were like, oh iPhones everything, BlackBerry was like what if the screen was a giant button and so you would physically.
Speaker 2: Click the screen down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the problem is it was like cracked made by BlackBerry, so it was like a little jankity and sometimes the screen because there was like a atic something that wasn't working, all of a sudden, your finger would touch it and it would just go.
Speaker 2: Look. That was the technology of the time. BlackBerry was all the rage and you were nothing if you didn't have one. It started off as like the business thing that was your little computer on the go. You know.
Speaker 1: I think there's there's got to be a phone coming soon that's gonna challenge iPhone. I don't they gotta have a coquette phone. Let gen z attack.
Speaker 2: I just saw, yeah, some some uh lady that she made a rotary cell phone. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I saw it yesterday and she made it as part of some kind of a contest, but they're gonna make it now. It's like a flip phone and it's got a rotary dial on the front of it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you both Samsung flip phones. I want one so bad. I want a foldable flip phone so bad. They are so cool, So get one. I don't. I can't because then I lose my blue bubble. But iPhone is allowing the Yeah, they're switching it up. So then what's gonna happen is like they can't be like, oh, you're a green bubble anymore. Like they're making more or features in the texting because.
Speaker 2: So Jeff is not going to ruin it from now on.
Speaker 1: No, they're switching it.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case and it really becomes something where it's like, oh, I'm not ostracized and I could still be in my group chats and not have much change, I will be getting that phone.
Speaker 2: Let's switch gears for one second real quick before we go. I just want to thank our friend Jill. Okay, Jill sent us this book because I guess a couple of episodes ago, she's in fair Law, New Jersey. I guess a few episodes ago, we were talking about cats and Bodega's remember you really? Yeah, So she sent us this book from her classroom called Bodega Cat. Shut Up? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Could I give this to my god child?
Speaker 2: I would like to read it first and then you can.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to be reading Bodega Cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what when I'm gonna take this to the school because I go read it the elementary school every year for parp so once a year. So I'm gonna take this with me. I'll read Bodega Cat, then you can have it.
Speaker 1: What's up? My name is Chip and I'm the boss of this bodega. Do you read it like this?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well no, no, I read this is how I read it. All the kids sit in front in aig semi circle and I'm like, well, you see, it's a neighborhood store that sells a little of everything you could need. So does we got them candy, cookies, chips, check, check and check cereal yep. So you know a lot of people don't have bodegas in other parts of the country, so it's just a little corner store.
Speaker 1: That's what they give this and she's gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna read it the kids first, then you can have it. Thank you so much, Jill. It's very sweet of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jill. This is awesome.
Speaker 2: I had this book in my classroom and thought I would share my students love it. Keep the episodes coming, as you make my long car rides much more bearable.
Speaker 1: Stay well, we have the best listeners ever.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: With that being said, thank you so much for listening to this episode of bowl Chat. Happy to bring it to you. Sorry we missed a few. Our apologies, but you know, life sometimes gets in the way.
Speaker 1: Life life. Kid. The cereal you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the cereal? Very good. If I had he likes it, i'd play it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, thank you so much for listening. We'll see you on Monday with an all new Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: You how low that was? That just blew everybody's speaker.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening, and until Monday
Speaker 2: Say clink Andrew, Yeah, just in time, just in I was very coquette.