Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Is Kamala Harris going to be the governor of California? Is that a stepping stone for her being the nominee for the Democrats once again?
Speaker 3: Plus?
Speaker 2: Has Gavin Newsom killed the industry that we most associate with California the film industry. We're going to discuss this now with our friend Elizabeth barko'hanna. She is a California GOP delegate, a lady who knows the pulse of all things GOP in her home state. And Elizabeth, thanks for being on the show.
Speaker 4: Great to have you, absolutely, thank you so much. I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 2: So talk to me about Kamala because I'll tell you this. My co host Clay Travis, I've been saying to him that if Kamala lost, which she obviously did, she's going to end up the provost of one of the UC schools, making a million dollars a year to do nothing except a show up at an occasional cocktail party. I am seeing so I'm reporting that, Oh no, she is not done. In fact, she may be the next governor of California. You and I may think that's insane. Do California Democrats what happens?
Speaker 1: The first time I heard that Kamala Harris after the election, that she may run for governor, I almost fainted because the idea of having to listen to her speak for another however, many years, or even just through a campaign, sounds very painful. Kamala Harris, Yes, there is talk of her running for governor of California. Gavin Newsom is turned out in twenty twenty six, as if California governorship is some consolation prize for losing the presidency in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: She so, she spent, she lost.
Speaker 1: She wasted about one point five billion dollars on that presidential campaign, and I read almost half of that money came from California. So it would be pretty silly to run a candidate again that, you know, flushed one point five billion of your dollars down the toilet. But you know that doing stupid stuff hasn't stopped them before, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, they tell us that Biden didn't have dementia, and that didn't work out so well for them In twenty twenty four. But in terms of where the Democrats are in your state and the Democrat you know machinery if you will, like well Gavin, what will Gavin Newsom support Kamala in your mind to be the next governor, because if that happens, it feels like there's a very good chance that she's going to try to I mean, if she becomes the governor, why wouldn't she try to become president again?
Speaker 1: Well, we saw a very weird dynamic between the two of them when Biden stepped down. They kept him away and I don't there's a debate about whether they were keeping him away from her or they were keeping him away to as not taint him for his future run for president. That's possible too. They may cut some deal where if he supports her, she'll support him. You know, we don't know, but we do know that Kamala Harris has run for statewide office before in California, and she honestly did.
Speaker 4: Not do very well.
Speaker 1: She ran in a competitive race, and we expect that the governor's race in twenty twenty six is going to be competitive. She ran in a competitive race against a Republican who was the former Republican District Attorney of La County, so coolly she ran against him for attorney general and barely won. She didn't even crack fifty percent of the vote, and it was a one percent, very very close election. That was the last time she ever ran against a Republican in a competitive race. When she ran for US Senate, she was running against another Democrat. So she is a weak Democrat candidate, even for California, and their field is already pretty crowded, you know, she did when there was talk of her running, there were Democrats that were still declaring that they're going to run for governor even if she runs.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 1: Is Javier Bessera, who was a secretary under Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: We have Katie Porter who's running.
Speaker 1: You know, she has said that if Kamala runs, she may drop out, but who knows. So the feel distill developing on both sides, the Republican and the Duncraft side.
Speaker 2: Our sponsor here is Paradigm Press. Have you heard about America's one hundred and fifty trillion dollars secret trust fund. Former presidential advisor Jim Rickards just released an explosive story. A fifteen figure fortune owned by the government, trapped for more than a century. Starting this summer, it could be released to the public. It's big enough to pay off our national debt four times over, but something even more stunning is likely to happen next year. You can check it out right now at birthright twenty twenty five dot com. Jim Rickards correctly predicted Trump's twenty sixteen victory when polls only gave him a one to two percent chance. He predicted the pandemic and lockdowns in twenty twenty. Co crafted the Petro Dollar accord in the nineteen seventies that gave the US dollar reserve currency status and even helped the US and the Iranian hostage crisis in the nineteen eighties. Jim's calls are incredible when you look at his history. Jim Rickards wants you to see his latest go to birthright twenty twenty five dot com. Okay, so we've got Gavin Newsom still the governor of California, which is quite a shame because it's a beautiful state with many lovely people, and yet it is poorly governed, as we all know, and not just by the governor but by the entire Democrat Party. The movie industry is getting attention right now because Trump has brought up this idea of tariffs on foreign made movies, the booby tariffs.
Speaker 3: What they've done is other nations we have been stealing these the movies, the movie making capabilities from the United States. And I said to a couple of people, what do you think. I've done some very strong research over the last week, and we're making very few movies. Now Hollywood has been destroyed.
Speaker 1: Now you have an.
Speaker 3: Incompetent, grossly in competent governor.
Speaker 1: That allowed that to happen.
Speaker 3: So I'm not just claiming other nations, but other nations, a lot of them have stolen our movie in this strict and I'm saying, if they're not willing to make a movie inside the United States, and we should have a tariff for then. And not only that, governments are actually giving big money. I mean they're supporting them financially. So that's sort of a threat to our country in a sense. And it's been a very popular thing. I can tell moving movie makers love.
Speaker 2: Before we dive into into into that more specifically, what what is going on where I'm seeing all these interviews and podcasts with actors and Hollywood people who are saying it is too expensive to make any movies or TV shows in Hollywood these days. How does that happen?
Speaker 1: That's been going on for a really long time. So, and it's a really big problem not for you know, the big name producers or actors, you know, the wealthy elite in Hollywood. It's a problem for the crew and the and the the people who are actually you know, behind the scenes making the movies, the costumes designer, set designers, like all of those.
Speaker 4: People, all of those.
Speaker 1: Jobs are being sent out of state. That has been going on for a really long time. The other states in the nation offer tax incentives, and so they the films get the movies get filmed elsewhere. And now that's happening also on an international scale. And another thing that really killed the film industry is the pandemic. So they they with the mandates and you.
Speaker 2: Know, the the yeah, the insanity of California. This audience certainly remembers all that. But listen, why doesn't Why don't democrats, i mean democrats like Hollywood at least they have for a long time. Why don't they offer these tax credits.
Speaker 1: They're starting to talk about it. I think it's just because they've had other priorities. Gavin Newsom is a Northern California president. When he excuse me, governor when he ran when he ran for governor, uh, he ran against Antonio Vera gu Rosa, who was the former mayor of Los Angeles who and he was.
Speaker 4: It was like a nor cal So cal fight.
Speaker 1: And obviously, you know, Gavin Newsom prevailed in that.
Speaker 4: And that's where.
Speaker 1: You know, the Silicon Valley, the San Francisco, the Bay Area interests, the tech interests really took over in terms of economic policy and focus of the Democrat Party to Southern California's detriment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been remarkable to see how the movie industry, which you know, people think Silicon Valley. Obviously that's northern California, right, So the two titans of industry in your home state in California are the mo the industry and Silicon Valley. And at the southern end of the state movie industry is in. It has been a rough spot for a while. I saw this podcast, I think it was with Rob Low and Adam Scott, who actually some people say I look like, but put that aside. Adam Scott and he was saying that it's more expensive to film in Hollywood than it is to fly everybody to Like, I think it was hungry, he said, I think it was. I think it was past and that to me is just indicative of how crazy the the California policies are going. By the way, one thing, you know, you know about how is the the rebuild going after the terrible wildfires there. There's been nothing in the media, at least the national media about this for months. Member of Gavin Newsom showed up. He said, Oh, we're gonna like, we're gonna make the permitting faster and it's all gonna be so smooth. What's really happening Palisades fire? You know, aftermath, right.
Speaker 1: There's a there is a lot going on, but it's happening so slowly that it's not necessarily in the news. What was just published in the news is that the water reservoir that was empty, that was supposed to feed the Palisades, you know, they didn't have enough water to fight the fire, that's empty.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: At about the one hundred daymark, I think Los Angeles had approved four or six permits for rebuilding out of the you know, thousands of structures that were lost. A lot of people have moved down to you know, Orange County or Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 4: They've like temporarily relocated.
Speaker 1: The schools in the area have been closed and they've relocated to other places.
Speaker 4: There's talk about rebuilding.
Speaker 1: Rick Caruso has been very involved in trying to get this process to kind of have AI look at plans to speed up the permit approval process so people are basically self authentic.
Speaker 2: Has governor knew some streamline the bureaucracy. Have they gotten the Coastal Commission to back off all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: No, not really. I mean that you need to do a few things at the state wide level. You need to get rid of SIQUA, you need to get rid of the California Coastal Commission, you need to fix the insurance industry problem.
Speaker 4: And no, he hasn't done any of those things.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's talk about Latinos for Trump here in just a second. What do you say we'll talk about Latinos for Trump, because obviously California a very large Latino population, and I want to know how they're feeling after this Trump election. You know, I few non prom our sponsor here is Preborn. There are many nonprofits I can say they've saved three hundred and fifty thousand babies over the existence of that nonprofit, but Preborn is one of them. The Preborn team have clinics nationwide who welcome pregnant moms to their facilities, and they welcome them with love, with open arms and support because they want them to see that the future for them should have a baby in it and not the other choice, which we know is abortion. They do this by an ultrasound. They introduce mom to her baby via ultrasound, and they only are able to do this because of donations from the pro life community. That means you twenty eight dollars is the cost of an ultrasound. If you can donate that, that's fantastic. You might save a baby's life. If you can donate two hundred and eighty dollars, that will be ten ultrasounds, which could result in ten births of tiny babies in this world. It is a beautiful thing to donate securely. Dial pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero say baby, or visit preborn dot com slash buck that's preborn dot com slash buck sponsored by Preborn art Elizabeth. The Latino vote was actually really important for Trump in this last election. Some of that data I think showed up in the exit polls in California specifically, How are the Latino community that you're in touch with, how are they feeling about Trump so far? Given the focus of the administration, I would say great.
Speaker 1: I would say that, so President Trump moved the Latino man vote in California, and this, I would say the focus of the Democrat Party on lionizing and making heroes out of you know, MS thirteen, Trenda Agua wife beaters, those types of people holding men up like that as their here that they are going to fight for and flying you know, to El Salvador to check on do wellness checks on them. I think that that really reinforces that the Democrat Party looks down on the Latino Hispanic community, thinks of them as these you know, downtrodden gangsters that they need to protect America their rights, and they forgot the the aments that are here and what this open border has done to their communities.
Speaker 4: It has made.
Speaker 1: It has made all communities in America less safe. It has drained social service resources. You know, the in California, the Democrats voted to uh extend medical resource, medical welfare resources so like health insurance basically to illegal immigrants, and that basically bankrupted the whole system where it's cost over ten billion dollars when it was supposed to cost much less, which we didn't have to begin with. Anyways, they are filling the schools and so it's creating a drain on the education system for the dwell. I mean there's they can see it all with their own eyes and their own communities, and it reinforces that correct that they're voted right way. It also, uh, Steve Garvey when.
Speaker 4: He ran you upset it.
Speaker 1: He had a huge surge with Latino population in California becoming you know, less entrapped by you know, this Democrat machine and more open to looking at alternatives. You know, they these communities are more religious, they're they stand for family values. They're much closer in their certainly their social beliefs to conservatives than they are to liberals.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Barkerhana, appreciate you being with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: All right, that was great and there will be a podcast should be out tonight. I'll DM me the link shared out and thank you for making the time good to talk.
Speaker 4: To you amazing. Thanks that nice to see.
Speaker 2: You you too. Do you know, just like here in the US, Israel has their own Independence Day In case you missed it this year, Israel's Independence Day was a few days ago on May first. But for the people of Israel, freedom is nothing more than a daily struggle just to survive. There's no real peace, only terror, no joy, only suffering. The Israeli government recognizes the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews for ongoing help to make sure the elderly, the sick, the wounded, soldiers, and impoverished families don't fall through the cracks. Your gift to the Fellowship today will provide life saving aid, medicine, hearty meal, safety and comfort. I believe that when we bless the people of Israel, we unlock God's blessing in our lives as well. Show your support for Israel's independence by making a life saving gift today. Call to make your gift at eighty eight four eight eight I F C J. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five or go online to ifcj dot org. That's ifcj dot org.