Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montrey Moore, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are on a Tuesday players day off here at the Star in Frisco. This is the players not bought to by Aristocrat Gaming. This is Anthony dor Set, former inn FL player and the son of Hall of Famer Tony door Set and Heisman Trophy from the great Man De Montree Moore, Texas A and m Abbey who also played the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and several other teams.
Speaker 4: I'm new he Scruggs. We have lots to get to today.
Speaker 3: If I'm glad we didn't make any we didn't pick money in our games yesterday because I shut up with the lost we did.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 2: We picked them last week, picked them last week, picked them. I want to.
Speaker 6: Say if I'm not, I want to say I lost.
Speaker 4: Probably I took. I took Buffalo and Washington.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 6: Everybody did, except for Church, who picked Atlanta for some reason.
Speaker 2: That's why I said. He Church called it.
Speaker 6: He said, coming off a bi week, he said, I liked them, and that was the one where it was.
Speaker 2: Like he was a solo rider. So I text c B last night.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, man, what's the score? He was like, right now, you might be in the league. And so I'm like, all right, well, if I win, I'm still in the league. If I lose, we all and we're gonna lose right there. So I think I was only about one. C B Am I correct on them.
Speaker 3: You and Church went three and five last week, hoddly enough, Jesse Holly picked and he picked Chicago over Washington, and he got that one.
Speaker 7: So he went five.
Speaker 4: He went four and three last week.
Speaker 7: He had the best record.
Speaker 2: Last week.
Speaker 7: You went, knew you took the al last week two and six.
Speaker 8: Last week was bad and you two Anthony two and six.
Speaker 2: This is my week, man, I was bad.
Speaker 4: But but so Demante was three and five, three and five.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm still because the biggest thing with him is he got the giants.
Speaker 9: He the only one that picked the giants.
Speaker 6: He picked the giants New England and Seattle, and those were his two picks.
Speaker 4: Everybody playful, that's right, all right, all.
Speaker 6: Right, but it was a bad week for all of us though, Like football was going crazy.
Speaker 3: And I'll say this, you know, I imagine people who were out there putting a little extras on the game were all wrong too, because you're not thinking the Bills are going to lose to the Falcons, and hey, look, this is.
Speaker 4: The league right now, this is the league.
Speaker 3: That's why if you're a Cowboy fan, you should be very frustrated about what happened in Charlotte, North Carolina. That was a game that you could have should have won and put that in the bank, and you did not. And then you go, see the way the rest of the week win. Here Chicago goes and beats Washington. On Monday night, Atlanta handles the Buffalo Bills, and here the Cowboys allowing Rico Daddle to say I'm him bucket up and they.
Speaker 4: Took that whoop into the backside some.
Speaker 6: But this problem this weekend is what makes it. You said, you don't bet on it because what's going on, But this is what also makes people optimistic about it because you're like, hey, with all this being said, the Cowboys still got the number one offense. The Eagles lost, Washington lost. It's like we're still, as Jason Garrett wuld say, in the Red Meat. So that's why it's like you can sit there and say, we're still.
Speaker 3: In the hut, right, so you look at it glass half full, okay, and I'm looking at half end because if you can't beat the Carolina Pantons, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna beat if you can.
Speaker 4: Rico running up in you what's going You know, Rico?
Speaker 7: It defense wins championships and where it's playoffs.
Speaker 2: But you're talking about the same Bears that came out there.
Speaker 4: Tore the Cowboys up, to them up, they told them up.
Speaker 6: But then you get in the shootout with Washington and it's like, ah, man, you know what, Hey, we ain't the only ones that lost to the Bear, so maybe the Bears are doing good.
Speaker 2: Like that's what I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: It's just you know how you always sit there and say, why the Cowboys fans always saying super Bowl on now? Or we're still got this so we still have hope. Like it's moments like this where you can still see it.
Speaker 8: I don't even think I got nothing to do with that, Okay, I just got I just feel like the city is just caught up on some mediocre football in the year. Regardless of what the media train does and what Jerry does. He hypes everybody up and he's Uh, basically, these people are kind of brainwashing this.
Speaker 2: Who's leading the division right now?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing man in Philadelphia right now, so Philly is foreign to here is that. I'm with you, door set. People have watched thirty years of mediocre football and now they believe it's okay. And when we're watching players retire, the questions or even thought to people saying about, well, should Dez Brian getting the Ring of Honor?
Speaker 2: No Tank?
Speaker 3: Somebody asked me, with Tank Lawrence clip to Tank being a ring, I said, no, there has been no winning done, no one's nobody has hung a band around here. Nobody can even get to the NFC's championship I mean the NFC Championship game around here. But fans have been so conditioned now to accept guys who've been okay, who've done nothing to add to the legacy of the Dallas Caberys.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're young, I'm not wrong. I'm not now.
Speaker 6: I agree with you wholehearted on that Tank no, there's maybe it is because I'm younger and stuff like that. For this generation. Yeah, it is mediocre, but he did the numbers. He changed the game in his own like retrospect, like the ex is still like iconic. But when you think about the guys that you have said, the big name giants said, who is it, mister din that's not in there right now.
Speaker 8: It's like, okay, Nicky Shuffer was icon Okay, so let's let's look at it. That's who like what receivers or or in or in the or on think Bob Hays was running back in the receiver right was he.
Speaker 4: Mainly being a receiver for Bob Hays? So Bob Hays Drew Pearson.
Speaker 7: That's it, Michael, Michael, those are only three Okay.
Speaker 4: Those those are those are your those are your your receivers.
Speaker 7: Right now, people game Drew played that played the.
Speaker 8: Game at one of the most vicious times in the game. Okay, like they didn't even have no basically interference bumper run. They was kind he was lining up at receiver in the three point stance and Drew only got with a total of like eight.
Speaker 2: Thousand yards maybe career wise less than ten.
Speaker 8: Let's less. It may be less than eight. I don't know how much Michael has. Okay, now, if we're looking at numbers, let's see how many.
Speaker 7: Let's see what the numbers that Dads has.
Speaker 8: I understand he ain't win no championships, he ain't put him no banners, but was he? I don't know how many years are pro Dads is one of the most dominant receivers.
Speaker 2: And that's only for a number of years. And that's why I say he So if you.
Speaker 8: Don't have a banner, do you not deserve to go into Like say, if a dude has a a less his career with no banners, are you saying like he don't deserve to, you know, have the Ring arnor have the Hall of Fame as well?
Speaker 3: Okay, So basically right now, the Ring of Honor is going to people who have won championships here or got gold jackets.
Speaker 4: He's one of the other that's right.
Speaker 2: A compet is Travis Ridgerck in the here's your.
Speaker 3: Ring of Honor, Troygman, Larry Allen gil Brandt, Tony Dorsett, Charles Haley, Cliff Harris, Bob Hayes, Chuck Hallie, Michael Irvan Leeroy, George Jimmy Johnson, Tom Landry, Bob Lillly, Don maryed and Drew Pearson, Don Perkins, mel Renfrow, Tech shrim Emmitt Smith, Rogers, Staubach, De Marcus Ware, Randy White, Darren Woodson, Rayfield Wright Perkins may have been the last guy that got in there who did not win a championship or go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and he got in and I want to say nineteen seventy six. So basically now for fifty years almost this is the standard. Des Bryant doesn't meet the standard. I mean, the Marcus Ware doesn't meet the standard. There's people out there asking about Tony Romo. Should Tony Romo get in the Marcus where don't meet the stand He's already talking about Marcus Launch. No, Marcus Ware is already in.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tank should d where he's in the Hall.
Speaker 4: Of Fame about me?
Speaker 2: I mean Tank talking about you know, I Tank don't deserve it.
Speaker 6: I mean if obviously everybody's going to talk about the catch that was supposed to be the year that the Cowboys was supposed to win the Super Bowl. But like I'm trying to look I really want to find his numbers. Call it bad as the tuck rule is like.
Speaker 2: This, man, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I mean there's at the end of the day we could talk about Des caught it. Des didn't catch it. Uh, the league said no, and it is what it is. And as bad as the tuck rule was for for your Raiders, you know what, it didn't go your way. New England goes on to win a Super Bowl and the legend of Tom Brady's and Adam and and Tierry is born there.
Speaker 4: You know, this is what happens.
Speaker 3: But Des Bryant while he leads to the Cowboys and several receiving you know numbers.
Speaker 4: The game has changed.
Speaker 3: The game has totally changed from what you can do number one, as you talked about here receivers. Man, you used to have DB's that could hit you all the way down toil. You can't do it now. Now you can barely brush your brother. And they're they've made the rules so the offense has all the advantage.
Speaker 7: How many yards did does Brian have career?
Speaker 2: That's all trying. I can now fund it on here right now.
Speaker 3: So my thing on that is, once again, you got no gold jacket. You did not win a championship with the Cowboys. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 4: This is what?
Speaker 2: This is the list.
Speaker 4: Now you go back to heart. Harvey Martin is a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: He's not even in here.
Speaker 4: Defensive NFL Defensive Player of the Year, not in here.
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna interrupt you to say, give you your flowers. If this is correct, what I'm looking at on ESPN for career wise total receiving yardist Dez Bryant has seven five hundred and six yards on a total of nine hundred and twenty six twenty six targets. Out of those nine hundred and twenty six targets, five hundred and thirty seven have those been caught?
Speaker 3: And let's and at this point, okay, if CD Lamb plays the same number of years as death, what desks like nine?
Speaker 2: About nine years? I think so?
Speaker 6: Think that back that was up to twenty twenty. So they didn't have his last year. What was this last year in the league.
Speaker 4: I mean he was hanging around with Baltimore.
Speaker 3: But at this point in time, ceedee, Lamb will pass as Bryan in many of these categories. And I'll tell you this ceede Lam shouldn't get in there either. If you don't if you do the standard. At some point in time, we got to make the standards standard, no gold jacket, no championship.
Speaker 4: Then I man ain't got no time for you, Zach Martin.
Speaker 3: So, Zach Martin, Zach No, No, those they've been doing it well.
Speaker 8: I mean because you could get into the Hall of Fame fifty years later. All right, So then at that point, now what we're doing, if we bringing in legends all twenty years after the fact that everything else, like like what they did with you Pierson, it ain't just Dreudo. He ain't the only legend that went in, Okay, But I'm just we want him doing it too. And I'm not just talking about like the situation here in Dallas. I'm talking about like a player's career overall. So like at that point, if you have these crazy numbers, but it takes them forever to put you in the Hall of Fame for whatever reason, like t O Got had to wait because not his numbers wasn't right because they quote unquote didn't like what he was doing off the field and everything else like that, Then if we're basing it off of that, then it could be something that should know that.
Speaker 2: A case for someone how many super Bowls did Drew Damn Marina?
Speaker 8: Was Da Marino? First ballot? Yeah, he was first ballot. Okay, I'm talking about for the Boys. But that's who I'm talking about up for the Cowboy. But when we talk about the Cowboys Ring of Honor, what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: If you want me to make a case for somebody that don't have the numbers or this iconic like that right whatever.
Speaker 8: That may have the numbers but doesn't have the gold jacket or the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I mean, we all know that Zach Martin is going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer, would be, but I would say another guy that I think should be in the Ring of Honor that didn't win anything here, but was the.
Speaker 2: Name Travis Frederick. No, he didn't play on that man.
Speaker 6: He was a catalyst to this line, Like he trained one what they've had multiple had multiple top offenses.
Speaker 2: In the league. Like what do you say before that? Zach Martin?
Speaker 6: Zach Martin, but he's going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. You can't team no, but he's only had three holding calls his whole career.
Speaker 3: In five years. In five years, Zach Martin will be was he will get a gold. So Zach Martin, Jason Witn't are going to.
Speaker 4: Go in the Hall of Fame, so they'll be in the Jason Living he changed the game. Okay, So so those are guys.
Speaker 2: How many rings does Drew Piston have one? Okay? So he has two. He played in two Super Bowl, he played in the Well.
Speaker 6: He has more career yardage seven eight and twenty two.
Speaker 2: But Daz has seventy five touchdowns in his career.
Speaker 6: Drew Pearson only has h I got a name for it.
Speaker 2: Forty eight.
Speaker 7: Did Tonyill win anything while he was here?
Speaker 4: And Tony Hill shouldn't be in there?
Speaker 7: Did Tony Will win anything while he was here?
Speaker 4: To my knowledge, No, I don't think Tony was on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Tony he got more yards and Drew Pearson he got more yards than Dazz Brian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then Tony and Tony Hill doesn't. Tony Hill shouldn't be in it. Tony Hill's name is and I love Tony in person, good dude, as you know as well.
Speaker 2: Tony Everson Walls in it.
Speaker 3: Everson Walls shockingly and shamefully is not Everson Walls.
Speaker 2: You don't deserve it.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, you told me to give you one.
Speaker 2: I gave you one. Yeah, right, two times today.
Speaker 8: But ever and ever, I think got fifty something career interceptions, it ain't in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: Everybody else that got fifty some interceptions, they.
Speaker 3: All Everson Walls was up tragically, Tragically, Everson Walls was up in his final year as a as a player and did not get in. The people in charge of the Dallas media who are in charge of trying to make sure these names get put out here, did Everson Walls a disservice.
Speaker 4: Everson is a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 3: Should be It should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, should be in the Cowboys Ring of Honor they.
Speaker 8: Put They put Eric Allen in, one of my former teammates, and Eric rightfully deserves to be in there.
Speaker 2: Walls deserve, Rivers deserve to be in.
Speaker 3: Everson Walls, in my opinion, is is where Drew Pearson was.
Speaker 4: This is an overlooked Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: This is a Hall of Fame player who did win the Super Bowl on it with I don't know if.
Speaker 8: See, I don't I don't know if I would have gave Drew Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, all right, all right, look this is great. This is great so Drew Pearson.
Speaker 7: And I know the time that he played, and I respect it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But those numbers once again, okay, thousands, go back to your happens and with my daddy he played. You have to look at the numbers at the time he retired.
Speaker 4: This is what this is what the NFL was.
Speaker 3: You did not have teams that were out here throwing the ball fifty times a game, so.
Speaker 7: Nobody had gone to go in this Why did it take so long ago? And if we're looking at it like.
Speaker 3: That, I just told you one more time. This has been a problem with the Dallas media folks who were in charge of trying to push the agenda for the players. I talked to Rick Gozland about this very much so, and Rick said that Frank luxA had let a lot of guys down by not putting forth their candidacy. I've also believed this is my very core and I've talked to guys who played on the Super Bowl team and Super Bowl thirteen that day, a lot of gold jackets were lost because the Cowboys would have won back to back Super Bowls, won twelve and thirteen, would have been the first team to win three Super Bowls, would have been the team of the seventies because they've been to five Super Bowls and seventy Steelers one and the Steelers won that game. And so therefore we see a guy like no offense. But Donny Shelle, Donny Shelle the Hall of Famer, I mean, really, I mean, damn, the front was so good and you got two dudes at the middle linebacker, I mean linebacker between Jack Hamm and Jack Lambert. What you got to do? You got you got one dude who took one side of the ball away and Mel Blunt. Nobody was going over there, Meil Blunt, big as you playing corner bro right. And so I've always like Donny Shell, really mean, because Mike Wagner was a good safety there too. But so, but this is how it worked. This is how it worked. So Drew Pearson Cliff Harris had to wait forever to day. Cliff and Drew were check this out. Both first Team All nineteen seventies, All decade, Okay, all decade. These two forever the Day, were the only two first team guys on offense or defense in the nineteen seventies who were not in the Profile Ball Hall of Fame. So when they come up with the original class where they added ten people, Drew didn't get in. They put Cliff in. The dude who was second team All decade receiver was Harold Carmichael. They put Harold Carmichael in the Pro Football Hall of Fame before Drew Pearson. I don't know how many yards he had. He played in one Super Bowl they got beat by the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Drew Pearson played in two Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: His quarterback is in the hall, The head coaches in the hall, and you start looking around at different guys who played in the seventies like that too, between the quarterback and the head coach, and pretty much the receiver guy in there too.
Speaker 4: The running back is in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Drew Pearson was very critical and Roger Steinbach talked about this guy's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: It took way too long for him to get it. He was done. It deserves Everson for his.
Speaker 8: For the time that he played in the yards did he put up you know what I mean. But at the end of it, it seemed like he was more so politicking and all this I loved, you grew up with him and his kids as well. But the whole thing you broke Mahart and all this other kind of stuff and everything, it was just a little It was a lot being there that day, Being there that day, and when they talked about the guys getting in, there were people telling him you're getting in.
Speaker 4: They were also people that you know which one was.
Speaker 3: Again, you were first team all nineteen seventies. You're the only guy on offense not in.
Speaker 4: Everyone else is in. And then on the other side it's Cliff. Everyone's in.
Speaker 3: And they were talking about the cleanup haul here where they were going to put in ten people, and they didn't. And what also happened to Drew is if you noticed, nobody got more than two off one team, Steelers, the Cowboys, the Packers. They only gave him two. They weren't giving anybody three. So the two dudes who got in Jimmy Johnson, Cliff Harris Bill Belichi, by the way, was on that committee, and Belichick politic for Harold Carmichael, over Drew Pearson, along with Bill Poling, and they were saying that they felt Carmichael was a very hard person to guard and that.
Speaker 7: I didn't play against him, but I can.
Speaker 4: Look at him that and that he changed the game.
Speaker 3: But he was second team all nineteen seventies, not first team second So how.
Speaker 4: Do we how do we do this?
Speaker 8: So we're talking, we're talking about numbers that are not in front of us right now. We're trying to compare careers. I don't know what year Drew started playing. I don't know what year Carmichael started playing, but I do know what you just said is very true. The heart of the cover out of the two was definitely going to be Carmichael. Drew had you know what them legs was doing like this when he was running and he wasn't no top speed dude, and he wasn't a big guy.
Speaker 4: Was undrafted.
Speaker 2: That gives you, That gives you a little more pool. We all know that.
Speaker 3: And so like to the first team wide receivers ninety says lynz one who's in, And I think Linn has Lynn has maybe ten thousand yards or lesson for a lot of years. It was used against him before he got put in, but it's Lynn Swann and Drew Pearson, both guys won championships, both guys Hall of Fame players, and they rightfully are in their spots.
Speaker 7: So I had another teammate, John Stalwarth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, giant, Yeah, it's just frustrating. I guess when you think about are you making an argument? The project is frustrating. So it definitely is, especially his athlete going through those things of what are these determined factor? But with Drew Pearson, did he get into the Cowboys Ring Honor? I'm assuming before he got into the Hall of Fame he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even that took a while because it was it was a disagreement with exactly, with him and the.
Speaker 2: Committee exactly.
Speaker 4: And so we got to hit a break.
Speaker 2: We got to hit a break.
Speaker 4: Let's hit a break. Let's hit a break.
Speaker 3: We will hear from Jerry Jones as he talks about Matt Eberflus's defensive coordinator because fandra frustrating, upset. But we'll do that next right here with we got Trey Moore said.
Speaker 4: I'm newly Scruggs.
Speaker 3: This is a play as Nage Bati Viristocrat gaming on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Tech, Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at AT and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 11: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 11: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: Back to the.
Speaker 13: Players line, Cowboys Nations head to the Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for a free watch party presented by seven to eleven Watch the Dallas Cowboys face off against the Broncos in Denver on Sunday, October twenty six.
Speaker 2: Doors open at two pm.
Speaker 6: Yes, do not be late and kick off is at three twenty five, So be in your seats and be ready. Enjoy your performance by the DCC slurpey slamples for free, five dollars, Miller lights, Yes, sir, five dollars for the low Low and much more. Claim your free ticket today at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash why part checking numbers here and this is what it says for Lyn Swan career three hundred and thirty six receptions, receiving yards, five thousand, four hundred and sixty two receiving touchdowns fifty one.
Speaker 2: What you say.
Speaker 3: Career fel statistics three hundred and thirty six catches, five thousand, four hundred and sixty two yards, fifty one receiving touchdowns all all decade nineteen seventies, three times Pro Bowler, three times First Team All Pro, Super Bowl, MVP, Super Bowl ten when they beat.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys, and four time Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 2: Alive yards five thousand yards. But also when was he he made? When was playing big?
Speaker 4: Let's make so he let he finished in nineteen.
Speaker 3: Eighty two when they wasn't throwing like that in so so the thing.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like when and the plays that he made in the biggest games, bro, you get Swani showed up.
Speaker 2: I ain't no saying other people didn't. Oh no, when people.
Speaker 6: But when you say that number though, like you said, three hundred and ninety.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and thirty six catch estions.
Speaker 6: Three hundred and thirty six das has five hundred and thirty seventh.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you can't, you can't. And this is where I get frustrated. It's not the same game.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not the same.
Speaker 3: We can say football, but the NFL is not the same game.
Speaker 4: It's legislated differently, the rules are different.
Speaker 3: They have pushed offense all day long and now passing and you got I mean, think about Rocky Blyer, Rocky Blyer, Robert Newhouse, two well known fullbacks.
Speaker 2: Man, you're lucky you know Rockyers.
Speaker 6: I don't know who Rocky Blyers, but I do know Rod Newhouse. And I mean, I'm sorry Robert, because I know I know it's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's just like, so you know, these are positions that they don't even have to.
Speaker 3: I remember when William Floyd played for the San Francisco Run drafted the first round out of Florida State, bar none. I can't think of the last time we saw a fullback drafted in the first round. But this is the difference to the the NFL. Football's changed. So when you talk about received leaving numbers and passing numbers, to me, I always say, go back to when a guy left. When Tony dor Set left the National Football League, think he was second all time in rushing.
Speaker 4: He passed OJ Simpson.
Speaker 2: He was second or third.
Speaker 3: So so now you look at it, it's not the same. But when you leave the game and you are top three in a major category, dude, that's ballin it is Joe Demagio.
Speaker 4: It's just a baseball reference.
Speaker 3: When Joe Demagio left Major League baseball, he was second or third all time in home runs with only like three hundred plus home runs under four hundred today, that's nothing but that to me, when I say when did you leave and how you left, it's a heck.
Speaker 4: It's a heck of a thing. We don't talk about context.
Speaker 3: So much of what matters when I think about these things what's the context. And I go back to Lynn Swann and what you were saying, the biggest games and the biggest lights. That dude was there. Super Bowl thirteen makes a hell of a catch, ends up getting hurt and going out of the game, But it was one of the differences the Steelers beat the Cowboys become the team of the seventies four Super Bowl championships. Yes, the first two they were running the ball, but dude was there. That's what puts you in when you start to look at the amount of winning first team. Okay, when they came out all nineties.
Speaker 4: So they sit up here.
Speaker 3: They got two receivers for the whole decade, a heck of a decade of football.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's some tremendous players.
Speaker 2: He was there. That's why I feel like.
Speaker 4: Brian wasn't there.
Speaker 6: No, he wasn't. And I'm not making a case for him. I said, in my generation, I'm thinking about it. But when I sit here, like I said, I'm a football guy. Like when you become when you play outter a certain amount of time, you know, you start to study of the game to figure out how you can stay there, and you have a better appreciation for it and looking at the numbers, it's like, yes, he was iconic for what I seen. But like you said, my man had five thousand yards on three hundred and thirty six catch, five hundred and thirty seven reception, he only has seven thousand and only that is a major accompaniment some guys, I'll never get this, But five hundred and thirty seven you only have seven five hundred and six seventy five yardists. Like you know how PFF has the ratio like, hey, if this person only played five reps but he had two sacks, then his production ratio is way over there. Like I wish they had a grating skill like this when it comes for talking to you know, if you're going to compare receiver as a receiver, if he did what he did in today's game with the protection that they have, I wish they had something where they can say, hey, this is what we project that he would have in this day and age with you know, thirty four plus games or howevery many extra plus regular season games because we talk about I remember what was it a couple years ago when they were talking about TJ. Watt breaking Michael Strahan's record, like it would have been iconic. It would have been cool. The record's broken, but you have way more games. Oh well, the Brett farlaid down for straight hand to get the record and do this and do that.
Speaker 2: He did it in less reps.
Speaker 6: Like it's still more impressive when you can do that, Like, records are meant to be broken.
Speaker 3: And it took contacts to go into all time contacts. I mean, right now you start looking NFL passing leader, it's all time yardage.
Speaker 4: Brady's number one. Nobody argues with that.
Speaker 3: But what I do find interesting when people say, well a guy, if a guy has these certain numbers, then he should be in the hall.
Speaker 4: Matt Ryan's eighth all time? Is Matt Ryan a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 8: Is Frank Gore Hall of Famer? Was Frank Gore ever? First Team All Pro? Is he ever the best running back in the league? Was he ever the top back in the league? But he got Hall of Fame now.
Speaker 6: He got he got Hall of Fame numbers, and what he had most importantly his longevity, Like, well, what do you mean, bro, Who's who's played that long margument that we're.
Speaker 2: Making right now? As well? You just made the argument there's more games and.
Speaker 6: It is, but it's he's played in multiple like it's not. He played in one era. Frank Gore played.
Speaker 3: Frank Gore sixteen thousand yards of rushing. How many numbers he played number three all time? I don't know the number of years at about sixteen years.
Speaker 6: And buddy playing multiple years he played like we got as we're talking.
Speaker 8: About, when it comes down to the barbershop, you bound to get a haircut.
Speaker 4: When when you talk about.
Speaker 7: Saying a thousand, a thousand yards ain't that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Touchdowns twenty twenty's twentieth all time and touchdowns eighty one, tied with OJ Anderson was.
Speaker 2: The first pro ever first team Pro Ever. I don't I don't think you.
Speaker 6: I don't think you should say that, because that's that's the measuring stick of as well.
Speaker 2: It's a measuring stick. But we just you.
Speaker 6: The whole argument before him was just about how the media pushed certain people and do this and that, and you don't get.
Speaker 3: Your This is what the great Rick Goslin would tell me. He said, stack compiler, and I believe that's what you're talking about here. Frank gorey Hall of Fame player. Was he just a stack compiler because he played. And it's an interesting thing because in the world of baseball, you hang out long enough and get yourself three thousand hits, they're gonna put you in based on, you know, three thousand hits, three thousand hits. Frank Gore finishing third all time and playing that long, there is something to be said for that when you look at guys who've had shorter careers and it gets used against them. So it's a fantastic argument. And I would love to hear the person. And I don't know which city Frank Gore would be represented by. Who makes who makes the present day? Was someone from San Francisco or who doesn't? What case would you make for Frank Gore? It'd be very interesting. Here's what we do. No, he was never a first team All Pro player. He was a second team All Pro once, five time pro bowler. He was NFL All Decade twenty ten, so he wasn't All Decade player.
Speaker 4: So he does that. He does have that his in his in his back pocket.
Speaker 3: And Frank Gore's almost in some ways as another fantastic case of for Eli Manning. There are a lot of people out there about Eli Manning who have a question mark about.
Speaker 2: Him, but he is well Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: But Frank Gore, here's your Here're your running backs for for the twenty tens. Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, Lashawn McCoy, and Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 4: Those are your your four running backs.
Speaker 8: So okay, So out of that list who you're picking, you can only pick one.
Speaker 6: If I'm pickings again, it's Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 2: Let him pick.
Speaker 3: I want to give it is Frank Gore, Marshaun Lynch, Lashawn McCoy, and Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 6: First ballot, yeah, ap, second ballot, Frank Gore. Out of those guys, I mean those other two guys, they were they were they were special, like shady shifting.
Speaker 2: You talking about doing everything. I'll say this, but.
Speaker 6: The best ability is availability, and Frank was available for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's a fantastic argument.
Speaker 4: Now when you say pick one, I mean on these lists here.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have multiple guys at a position go in because just say, for instance, the quarterback, your two quarterbacks on the list of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, they're both.
Speaker 2: Gonna go in.
Speaker 4: They'll both be first ballot guys.
Speaker 8: And it ain't two running backs on that list that's going in right now, that's going in at the same time.
Speaker 2: That's two different things you just said at the same time. That's what I meant. What I mean is what I just said.
Speaker 4: Okay, two running backs on the same ballot.
Speaker 8: Going yeah, no, no, no, they could be the same ballot, But I don't think the two of those, that more than one from that list is going to go in at one time.
Speaker 2: Not at one time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when you say the same class, like the same Hall of Fame class, it's very rare. It's very rare that you get multiple positions in one class at.
Speaker 4: The same and it's rare.
Speaker 2: And if we're being.
Speaker 8: Completely non champ go in with with Ed Reid or something like that to.
Speaker 4: Safety in corner.
Speaker 2: This is defensive back.
Speaker 8: Neither one of y'all lined up to play the position defensive back.
Speaker 4: Okay, I lined up with both, and.
Speaker 8: I know the skill and the technique it takes to play both here and so Cardinal Lake played both.
Speaker 4: Ad Here's what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: Know, you understand that when I'm talking to the voters and the people that do this, they have a differentiation between the safety and the corner, I know, and now a Rod Woodson, a Ronnie Lott played both who played both.
Speaker 4: By the way, they just them ain't too many rod Woodson's.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's like Aus Wilson Arnell Lake.
Speaker 4: Right, there's like a list.
Speaker 2: Now there's a.
Speaker 7: Button list then then then then than there is but.
Speaker 3: But but for the most part, they're looking at safety, you know, corner. They're looking at him and that such like a tie law. They're going to put him in the corner kind of conversation. Ever since Wall, they are going to put him in the corner conversation. And when you talk about many guys who played both, first off, it's very rare that you got somebody.
Speaker 4: Who's that damn good anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you should be able to go the corner to safety and then still be balling to the hell. That's why they in the hall because they special guys. We didn't get that many special dudes out there like that. And just looking right here on the twenty ten list, all right, corners it was Patrick Peterson, Darell Reeves, Richie Sherman, and that was and uh, that was corner.
Speaker 4: Then they go into defensive back.
Speaker 3: They put two defensive backs there they said Chris Harrison, Tyron Matthew. Then for safety they put three dudes on there, Eric Barry, Earl Thomas and Eric Waddle. That so that right there on that list that they they went and just chopped it up into.
Speaker 4: Three places for for for DB's so one corner dB and then takes they chopped a three ways.
Speaker 8: So back in the day when we had dudes that was playing multiple positions, kicking the ball, running the ball, because they wasn't throwing the ball, and doing all the red grains.
Speaker 7: Way back when you got in for being a football player, that was that was, that was, that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: You're a football player at times. Change ay to change football.
Speaker 3: We gotta we gotta hit a break here, I promise Jerry on Matt Eberflus, let's dive into that here on the playoffs match with Tray More.
Speaker 4: On New inscribe.
Speaker 3: This has been this is we've it's gone off the tracks, but it's been a fun Demain conversation because that's what you do when you're in the play assigns.
Speaker 4: Right here on das Cowboys Dot.
Speaker 2: Hey there Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 2: Off the reels.
Speaker 11: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m B l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 9: Over Life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 4: Smoothie King has the fuel to.
Speaker 9: Help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 14: It's game day and raising cans. If you want to order like a child. It's action off the field. You need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online are on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 15: Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here forming Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Savantyeth Davis Chiffon.
Speaker 15: You know what separates Hamptons from the rest? Making right move at the right moment with blockchain dot Com That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 6: The countdown to game day starts with rally Days presented by Seek, Get Up Behind Scene, look at at and T Stadium. Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, alumni, play games, win prizes, and much much more.
Speaker 2: A lot more.
Speaker 6: Get your ticket for the next rally day on October eighteenth at at and T Stadium dot com Slash Rally Days.
Speaker 3: Aggie man de montremore reappreciate that former Dallas Cowboys Anthony Dorset from NFL player I'm new he scruggs. This is the player's loaves, brought to you by Aristocrat Game. So the Cowboys are number one at offense, scoring thirty a game, defense giving up thirty to thirty one.
Speaker 4: And it's just not pretty.
Speaker 3: They lose to the Carolina Panthers thirty to twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones did his weekly.
Speaker 3: Radio show One Fan eight thirty on Tuesdays, the Official Cowboys or radio station Home with the Cowboys. So here's what he said in terms of frustrated fans who are not happy with Matt Eberflus and some for some people who also want him replaced, Here's Jerry.
Speaker 5: He's had tremendous experience. He's dealt with adversity with a long record not only with US, but with his tenure in Chicago and Annapolis. And he's had some great successes, had some very great success but he's had his Tailcike. That's who I want in the foxhold with me, because there's no such thing as having all the answers, and so I jumped at it when I saw we had a chance to get him. I still feel as strongly as I did the day we brought him in here. And these things that we're dealing with here are not one two major things. There are a lot of little things that you can't address and get right, and you can adjust the nuances of them. And for instance, the other day, we couldn't stop the run, yet we were within a possession. If we'd drive that ball at the end of the game, we got a good chance to win it. We were up all day for the most part. And so there's a lot of ways to win football games, and clus is dealing with nuances there that we can adjust and change, and you do just and you do you do change, and there will be that. What's interesting is that the way the game panned out was very, very on point with the way that our coaches planned for the game to pan out. We just thought we could get more stops. We thought we could physically do a better job with them, and they were able to scheme us a little bit that to their credit, but we were in that game. Close enough what I think. I don't want to take too long in the central. But Carolina is easy to overlook as a formidable matchup with us. They match up right good against where we need the work, and so they were a tough, tough opponent for us. The other day we almost pulled.
Speaker 3: The Carolina Panthers have beaten three teams this year, Atlanta, Miami, and Dallas. They've lost to Jacksonville, They've lost to Arizona, they've lost to New England. All three losses were on the road. All three wins were at home. And if Jerry says they're on par with Carolina, guys, that doesn't make me feel real good.
Speaker 8: Let me say this before I forget it real quick, because it was something he said, and and I don't remember exactly what he said real quick, but he says it made reference to the point that they almost that they thought Rico was gonna get over two hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Then he say, what do he It sounded like that, It sounded like who said that. I didn't. I didn't hear.
Speaker 6: What I heard was him just he basically just said, I fools ain't gonna get fired. I need him in the fight, but also this is a tough, tough opponent.
Speaker 8: I said about the matchup, no way that they felt like the game was going to know there now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said that the match up win exactly how I was planned in the schedule from them seeing that they just planned on him a couple.
Speaker 8: More so, what I heard was that, yeah, we we planned he We knew that he was gonna bust all right, but we just thought that we might be able to stop him at some point in time.
Speaker 2: He didn't say him, he said, he said to them.
Speaker 3: But we know who Breese Hall ran ran against. They've they've given up yardage on the ground.
Speaker 8: But we're talking about what he just said about Carolina, right, and I'm just saying, yes.
Speaker 4: He sounded like he said, hey, yeah, we knew we're gonna give him some yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were gonna give some yard.
Speaker 3: But we thought we thought we get We thought Dak was gonna and this is what Dak. We thought we're getting the ball back six six o seven to go. They thought they had one more shot to go win the football game. But the vaunted the Carolina offense led bry Bryce Young, did the six minute seven drive, not a two minute, not a two minute, not a three minute, but a six minute seven drive to say, you're not getting the football back. Dude, that's pathetic, that's embarrassing. And Jerry, uh, yeah, you wanted Matt Ebraflus, he tells us right there, he hired Matt Eberflus. He wanted Matt Eberflus back in the building. And this guy's not getting it done. But he said, you know he's gonna be here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: I think that the defense in itself, and we've talked about this a lot of times already, this defense had another gal on it at one point in time that could make a lot of things disappear.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, and.
Speaker 4: At this hunt, they got the number one rush defense in league.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: And then at the same time as well, Like if you're looking at it and I don't know what options ebra Flus has or whatever defense coordinator had, this job is a much more attractive job with Michael Parsons on the team than without him on the team.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 6: But I'm sorry, I'm sorry, stop talking about that, bro, Like that doesn't matter, Like.
Speaker 2: You are you talking about the job? Okay?
Speaker 8: So you looking at teams, you're a free agent, you're looking at teams, right, You're looking at teams. You're looking at teams that got championship pedigree, players on it compared to the.
Speaker 7: Dudes who you know ain't gonna do nothing.
Speaker 2: So what what team are you gonna pick?
Speaker 8: Are you going to the team that's going to probably get you to the playoffs with the champion pedigree?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna take the take the team that's not that you know exact?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about from what perspective? A player perspective on a coach's perspective, I'm talking about different perspective. No, at the end of the day, now a free agent, Yes, it is if I'm thinking of job something, Yes, if somebody says that they're gonna get the defensive hold on, hold on, let me. You can't interrupt me. If you're gonna ask me a question, let me get it out. So, like I said, it is a different job. If I'm a defensive coordinator and somebody says I have the potential to go be the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, or I'm gonna go be the defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. They gonna take the Cowboys every time because of the off the field money, because of the note to ride, because of the media.
Speaker 2: Like you do deal with those things, but then.
Speaker 6: You also and then you put them in then you also market. But then also but then also you gotta take it. Yeah, you put that's two different markets. Why nobody would take it? But then hold on, I got you new I don't want to keep talking. But also the last thing is the ownership. Am I gonna go somewhere that somebody wants me or don't want me? And if I'm eber Flus going to America's.
Speaker 4: Team the owner leveland Brown So.
Speaker 2: That's two different organizations.
Speaker 4: End it like this. I don't know if Maddi Flus even had another option, that's all.
Speaker 9: He might not.
Speaker 2: That's all all.
Speaker 3: Anthony Dorsett appreciate it, trade more, appreciate new strikes for Chris Pieve and everybody else here.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys dot Com, we appreciate you. Will do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.