Speaker 1: Hey, buddy Scott, it's bull Chat. Yep, you're right over there. I'm just trying to get this mic right. You have that spit guard. Oh you see it's loose. What is Look? It's it's loose. It's wilting. I don't understand. The screw is a little bit laer, the screw that holds it straight up. So what do I do? I guess just to hold it. I'll hold it.
Speaker 2: I'll hold it the whole time. No, you can just make it go up a little and I get rid of this. I hate this, Yeah, but I think people use it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It looks like a monocle on camera anyway. Welcome to boll Chat. Welcome today's Wednesday, July nineteenth. And it actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's live BB Why wouldn't it have been easier if we just scent it out live?
Speaker 1: Can we do that? We can, but you'll probably wear in real time as they say, I mean we could, it's just a live episode, but then that has to feed into Yeah, it's a whole thing. I could do it, but you need to give me five minutes, and you don't have the time. I don't now do I just look fat or did I actually put more weight on because look at look at look you're being very harsh on yourself because there was that minute there when I was like one eighty four remember, uh huh, and now I'm one ninety six. Wow, that's what twelve pounds? Well, I mean in six months? Well, I mean okay, and I still don't eat bad stuff? Really, yeah, I think you look fine? You do. We went out for lunch the other day. What I have? I had some sushi, had three sushi rolls. Yeah, but there's really nothing bad about sushi right now, and then amami is delicious too, and it's good for you. I think I think full of protein protein. We had fun. You came to my house. I did. That was cool. I did a podcast recording for Bethany Frankel. I didn't realize that I was recording basically the Housewives equivalent of like Watergate of what she was doing, like but literally they made When they said what it was, I was like, Okay, I'll do it. It's gonna be fun. Are you happy you're looking at yourself and distracking yourself. I'm a little bit. Is your computer screen blurry a lot? It's not Oh wow. Anyway, back to what I was saying. So I went there and I was told this is big and the audio needs to be out that night. So I was like, okay, I'm gonna go with a stupid man box, put on a backpack and went and.
Speaker 2: Then literally in the Hamptons. Yeah, all the way at the end of the Hamptons. All at the end of the Hampton, the end of the Okay, is there an end? Well, Montalk is the very end.
Speaker 1: It was in Montalk. No, it was in Bridgehampton, Yeah, which is like Montalk. No it isn't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was farn about Long Island. Okay, I'll give you an anatomy lesson of Long Island.
Speaker 1: I'm so good on that for right now. It's right at the tip. Thank you. Anyway, So yeah, I went there, posted it out and then it got like so many listens and it's been making like breaking news all over the place. Really, yes, why because Bethany has not spoken to Jill in over fourteen years I don't know what. And they had a sit down conversation for the first time in fourteen years. Oh, she was there too, Yes, it was Jill, her old friend from the Housewives of New York Diamond when I told her that what I was doing bananas crazy, My sister insane, my friend Kim Nuts, everybody who knows Housewives was like, oh, what are you doing? What is going on? And I'm like, yeah, it's gonna be fun. Like for me.
Speaker 2: That would be like if Paunch and John got back together, I'd be like, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I really hope you wouldn't make that noise. I wouldn't because they'd be like, is a circus clown in here? I'm sorry? Go on. But it was really fine. And I was sitting like super close with my little stupid man box, and yeah, what if it didn't record? See that. I'm always so nervous if like it doesn't record. So here's the thing. What Obviously, I have my own podcasting thing that I do on the side, and I know it works. I know it works, but I will say I will say that gay Exactly that day, I was staring at the thing and I saw the levels reading. They told me they could hear it, and they were like, it sounds great. But in my head, I'm like, no, it's not recording. You just f this whole thing up. What are you gonna do, And then when it finally sent, I was like, God, thank you so much for making network. Well, because you remember that one time we recorded a really good podcast for us and it looked like it was recording and then when after it was done, it was just like where to go and it just isn't there. Well, the problem is you have to turn on the thing, and you didn't turn on the thing. All right, No, I'm not having no doubt, Fine, no doubt, but I wasn't. You were running it and it didn't run. Are you talking about the scary one? I don't know. The scary one had a memory card issue there? Yeah that one? Yeah, yeah, because it got unplugged while we were recording it. But that could happen if I'm an idiot and we have someone who's like shoveling there. You unplugged while you did the whole thing, and then at the very end it wasn't there. No, there was an issue with it. Why would we have this argument. It's so dumb. It was the best. It was the best podcast episode of all time, of all time. It'll never be hurt. Remember. So, how was your Long Island experience? I know you don't really. It's so weird because I drove out there on Sunday, literally took the drive to get there. Then it started to trentially downpouring right, so then it couldn't be recorded. So then I was yes, because the person who was flying in for the interview, her flight was the late so and can't actually, so then I I didn't get to see you, and you were very sad.
Speaker 2: You were like, oh damn, well, were you like it was that the day you were way past my exit?
Speaker 1: Or was that another day? Uh? No, that was the Sunday. Okay, right, he's already passed your exit. You're like, are you anywhere near exit sixty eight? No, I'm at forty eight. Okay, well so that's not close at all. Great. So that day the podcast got canceled and then I called you back and I said, Scott, do you want to get dinner? And then we got dinner in Long Island and it was fine. We did. Yeah, we went to the show. That's why we went to the shed. I went to the shed, the infamous shed. It was sorry, very infamous. Yeah, you talk about it and you have the hat and everything. You're right, I don't go there. Infamous to me that much anymore. I like it. It's really good. It was really good. I had a great chicken pakada.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, well they did bring you the wrong thing, but I wound up enjoying it. And they gave us a fifteen dollars gift card for next time. Ten He said fifteen. Oh he did, yeah, because first I thought he said fifteen. I was like yeah, but then I said, oh, wait to know he said fifteen. Sorry, right, But it.
Speaker 1: Was a really it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a flip flip floppy, like because I came to New Jersey, yes, and you came to Long Island.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just so weird. Had the turntables have turned? The turntables the tables have turned? I know. Somebody said that once in a comedy and I thought it was funny, so I picked it up and started using it. Oh all right, And I can't tell you how excited I am for this Saturday. Oh, we're going to the farm. We are finally going to the farm. Farm life. So Sawyer is honestly, he's such like a big mush and I loved him so much. I love seeing him. He is a mush. And so this Saturday we're gonna take him to our friend Nick's farm, and there's goats there. Yeah, they foster what they foster goats in the summertime, and so Sawyer is going to have his way with Billy. And okay, that's an interesting way to put it. So the last time this happened was like two thousand and eighteen. That's right. I wasn't there. Why did you have? Sawyer was, yeah, you went to the you went to six Flags or the beach or something that day. And so I watched him and he went instinctually, keep talking, okay, keep talking. I went instinctually, Sawyer went instinctually to go chase the sheep the goats, right, and it was crazy. He like, all of a sudden he had like okay, this thing is raising. He like went and just knew what to do. And then he just herded all the goats and it was crazy. He went from like cute, fluffy Sawyer, who like just a is a dirp, to like a work dog. It was nuts. Well that's his job. Yeah, you know, he's generally unemployed, called out the while.
Speaker 2: When he goes to the farm, his job kicks in. Yeah, and I'm looking forward to that. So there's gonna be a couple of people that were bringing Cooper. Yeah, I think Sam's bringing her dog, which might like throw a wrench in the works, but you know whatever. Yeah, I don't know if Savannah is not really a herding dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you need a specific I guess you do need a specific herding dog. I think so, because I think most breeds will just stand there and be like what or moll where that? Yeah, Like Luna can't go because lunar get kicked by the goats. We were specifically told she's too low to the ground and the goats with kicker, Well, you said that they can't see her when they can't look down. Yeah, I mean Luna is like she's she's pleasantly plump, right, and she is. Your legs are also like two inches long? Yeah, so and trudging through that grass, she'd be like, I'm so hot. I hate it here. I'm just gonna bark. I gave Sawyer his TIC application yesterday. It's great, so we should be good. He just got a nice little haircut. He's got a summer cut. Oh, he's gonna love every minute of it. He's gotta have a blast. Yeah, hopefully it doesn't rain.
Speaker 2: And then after but don't tell anybody because it's like a secret thing. Like after Cooper and I and Sawyer are going over to Greg tese house because he lives really close to her, and we're gonna go for a little barbecue and some pool action. Fine, but the thing I forgot to tell him is that Sawyer is coming and he's gonna want to jump in the pool. A lot of people don't like dogs in their pool. Why, well, I mean, my dad does not like dog in his pool because the hair.
Speaker 1: What my dad does not like dog in pool because the hair. I mean, even though Sawyer's hair is really short and there's still lots of hair. Luna got a life jacket. Yeah, she's so cute when she swims. Now we're encouraging her to like jump and swim off the step because she just likes the squash. She no, she just wants splashies. She just wants you to splash water on her. So she could like try and bite the water and you're like, what are you doing? You at Like, I love you, but why are you so dumb dummy? So now we're trying to teach her go in the water, and you could swim in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of have to hold her under her belly and just let her do her splashes and when she realizes she's moving. It's kind of like learning how to ride a bike when you hold out of the bike and then you run with the bike and then you let go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, oh, so she started going into the first step right. And then if we're standing in the pool, we say come here, Luna, and we say it like fifteen times. She finally knows now that if she's wearing her life best, she could jump and then she swims to us. What if you held her under her belly and walked in and walked all the way in with her and then just gently let go. No, so she knows how to swim with it. We just aren't trying to get her to like do what on her own without us in the pool. Got it like, Oh, you want to go entertain yourself, go in the pool. Don't ask us to splash water on you for an hour, please. Dogs are funny.
Speaker 2: Sawyer loves the water, but he does not like being cleaned afterward because I always have to hose him off because the chlorine in the wind, it's not good. For their skin, and it gets in their ears and whatever he gets. That's the one thing. He loves swimming, but always gets an ear infection. So we have dogs kidding the ear infection. Oh yeah, yeah, so I have the I have the goo on hand all the time.
Speaker 1: Yuck. He doesn't like it, the goo. Yep. All right, Well, why don't we take a break? Okay, and I were back? So what else, Andy? How many donuts in need have today? I think he had. I observed him eating four. He might have had more.
Speaker 2: See, that's your thing because you were late today and you felt bad, so you stopped at Krispy Kream to get some donuts. Yes, and that's kind of like your makeup.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, I'm an hour and a half late, but here's some doughnut. I was not an hour and a half long, Yeah you were. I got here at six fifty.
Speaker 2: That's an hour and a half late. We get here at five. The day starts at five.
Speaker 1: We don't get here at five. Most people do you get here at five oh one. I'm walking to Sam's at five oh five, five oh six the latest if I'm five oh six. See, here's the thing scary doesn't realize it, but he thinks he comes at a consistent time every day. He doesn't. Some days it'll be five oh four and it's like I'm on my way, and then I am still in my staircase and I get the text and then I have to start sprinting. And then other days it's like five fifteen. I've been on the corner for like five minutes, and he's like, I'm on my way now. Because there's sometimes he'll walk in here at like five thirty and sometimes at like five fifty. I know, going on. I know, I have a question. So how who's all on your little carpool thing? Me? Sam and Scary and Josh if you feels like it now?
Speaker 2: How how do you guys work the convertible? No, the toll because it's expensive. It's like twelve dollars every time you coming to Manhattan.
Speaker 1: I don't ask questions. I get him a gift card like twice a year. Okay, So he just pays on his easy path and does anybody give him money? We give him gift cards like a thank you. I'll pay for his gas if he stops. Okay. Does he just pick you up with that dirty motel on the corner, Like, Wow, where did I walk to Sam's right? See the whole like the geography of Jersey City. I don't really like your guys are far in though, and he's on the complete opposite side. So I walk to Sam's right. So it's like a five ten minute walk to SAMs, depending on how fast I'm walking at four thirty in the morning. Uh, five in the morning. Five. Yeah, sometimes there's skunks. Jersey City has a skunk problem. No, it's just people smoking weed and the bushes.
Speaker 2: It's not I physically have seen like the skunk. Oh, and they're mean too. They run and then they look at you like I'm gonna get you. And then I run into the middle of the street because I'm so scared of him. But luckily no one's on the rough anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I walked to the corner. Then he drives two Sam's and picks up Sam just gets to walk right out. It's easy for her. And then if Josh wants to go, that's another stop. Or no, we all meet it that one corner, got it. We don't make him do multiple stops. I wish I could carpool with somebody, you know, like I want to go to the parking ride and pick someone up and bring him in. Yeah. I mean when I used to drive in, I would drive a couple people in and it was it was fun. But I mean like strangers what like because they you want hitchhikers? No, no, no, no, no, they have this thing. It's like, you know, carpool and there's a number and like a website. But I don't think there's I don't think there's I can't imagine that there's another person that needs to come to Midtown at five o'clock in the morning and lives near me, because I would love to and that would have to come home the same time as me. You know. So I feel like what you're looking for is probably on Craigslist. No, no, no, no, I just want to seeking carpool partner and then you're just gonna get a bunch of weird requests. No, I just want to split the right, like I wanted some days drive home and some day you know what I mean, Like, well, let me tell you the drive to your house. I would rage every day of my own you I do, I would My blood would be boiling. It makes so much sense as to who you are as a person. After seeing your commute home. Thank you. I appreciate that You're welcome. At least that's to your country music. Well, you know that'scause he's a country guy. Now, folks, I'm not allowed to like different types of music. It's not that you're not allowed, it's just you literally have been listening for three months six actually I talked six oh time. It got it. And he listens to like pop countries, new country. I like new country, new country. So no bluegrass, no like nothing, nothing like that. He wants like got a jack and my truck going to the All the songs are about pickups and beer and ladies and you know that kind of stuff. And then there's some sad ones too. You know, next thing, you know, very sad. Okay, it meets a girl, meets a girl, gets married as a kid, as a kid, kid goes to college college, you know, like the next thing you know, that's the thing, you know it is yep. And so you from Long Island, uh huh relates to That's right. I have a kid and she's almost seventeen. I do relate. And it makes every time we hear that song, I cry. And when they say she went to the pageant. I said, Oh, I'm going to miss her and Cooper and I just Cooper and I have this thing with Coles with Cole Swindell. Do you know he was on Survivor? Really? I think yeah? Or no, No, Chase Rice Different One Head's Carolina Tales California.
Speaker 2: That's literally the title. Man, we sing it, We sing it together to die. It's actually a remake of some some girl did it years ago. Not a remake, but it's a song about that song.
Speaker 1: I love it. I like Dan and Chay. That's cool there Tequila is. I love that song.
Speaker 2: Whena tight like I want to I want to go to country shows like I definitely want to see Morgan Walla. He's coming around, He's doing stadium shows. He'll be here in twenty twenty four because a lot of his stuff's going.
Speaker 1: To pass on. Really yeah, Why he's not great? I love every one of his songs great. I think they're great. He has one song that I like last night now, Oh, I think it's just a little is it just a little bit, just a little bit down? Why is everything danga dan twang guitars with you? I mean they're not all wanga dang Morgan, but you should. You should because Froggy programs a country radio station. It's called just say Alexa play w Q i K. One thing at a time, that's it. I like this song. Yeah, I like this song too. Only one thing and that's not how he really sings. It isn't that crazy that we don't have that in our system. Crazy, it's weird. But look, there's like seventy Morgan he said some not so great things. If you was he the one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, see I didn't. I remember that whole controversy, like a couple of years ago and a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was more than that. Okay, so movie too, whatever it is. I didn't know that that was him. Yeah, but I do like one thing at a time. Okay, I kind of turner one thing at a time. I like Casey Muskras, like Billy Strange. He's saying he only like quit one thing at a time because he drinks a lot and all this stuff, so he can only he can only quit one thing at a time. Oh okay, yeah, because he does so many things. Well, here's the thing. But when you listen to music, do you are you a lyrics person or a beat person. It's funny because I will I just for years, I'll just listen to a song and have no idea what's going on, and then years later I'll be like, oh, that's what they said. Do you know that? Forever?
Speaker 2: I thought that that what's his name stepped on a pop tart on the beach? Uh, Margarita, what's his name? Margaritaville Guy, Jimmy Buffy, Jimy Buffett. I thought he stepped on a pop tart, but he stepped on a pop top and blew out his flip flop. I thought he's like walking down the beach and stepped on a strawberry pop tart, and I was like, that's.
Speaker 1: So dumb stamped on a pop Yeah, you know. So years later I'll actually listen to lyrics. Yeah, I'm more of a beat person. Sometimes I listen to the lyrics, but yeah, for the most part, if the beat's good, I'm in.
Speaker 2: But it's like all the country songs, I listen to the lyrics so I know what they're all about. Kane Brown, love him too, Marry Me and Georgia good Stuff, Billy Zimmerman.
Speaker 1: I love all these guys. Now I think I'm into it. I'm not even kidding, Like I could probably do a shift on a country station. Oh I could, God, I could. Oh God, how would old Scott with his accent do a break? He couldn't. I want to hear I want to hear it. I don't know. This is Morgan Wallin. Make sure you're listening. This is Q. I k new country music's just like that. That's exactly that be. I've been run down the hall and get some coffee. I'll be back with moret twang. Yeah, coming home. Here's Tennessee orange or orange orange orange? Because I was now I say orange, orange orange. I don't know how you say orange orange orange. I say orange orange. That's long Island is orange. It's like if it's I say orange juice, but it's the color orange, just like Caribbean and Caribbean. See, I don't I don't know which one I like to say, because you know you got I'm going to the Caribbean and it's Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: But it's Caribbean Queen. The song Caribbean Queen, We'll see that sounded weird. Do you know how do you know that song Billy Ocean? I think right, Okay, you don't know Billy Ocean.
Speaker 1: I probably do. It's just you know me, is it Ocean? It is Billy Ocean. Oh it doesn't work Skaha Colorado. That's right. It miss games. They're just they're coming out with something new. Also, yes they are. I'm trying to get this to play. The stupid system won't do anything. Stupid system. Why should show you see what up top? Hmmm?
Speaker 2: All right, here here it is. Look it's doing it's doing it again. What it won't let me? It won't let me choose just one?
Speaker 1: Why would you play the song to not play the hook? I can't get to it. I can't. Oh here, she's so Caribbean. That's bad. That's a cross between both of them. Yeah, that's just doesn't make sense. Caribbean. Oh you know what, how he's saying it maybe Caribbean. Maybe he's saying it like, well, no, he's not saying no, it's Billy Ocean. Dude. One of my dreams get into my car, you know that one? Don't you get out of matress Democa. That's kind of creepy, now, isn't it. Yeah, actually had a dream about that girl. It was on the corner get into my car. Get in now. I've been dreaming about you. I promise it's not creepy. Just get in my car. I'll explain what's that duck too? Why are there no windows? Because I'm in Scary's vand trips?
Speaker 2: All right, we got to record serial Killers? Okay for Monday? Okay, and we're gonta no time this week.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing, well, we're here now, so we might as well do it, because you know what it's like for me to get you in the studio. It's it's it's a task, you know. Plus we have the milk and everything. You know what we're gonna call the next episode of serial Killers. Let's go to the movies. You and I are gonna be like Ciskel and Ebert. Who who are you texting? I'm Elvis and Nate? Oh? Is it something important happening? Yes? I need to get a date on the books for something. So on the books? Yeah, okay, can you say on the schedule? Sorry? You know what on the show today, I said that I was gonna stop being so critical of people. Say what you like, just like you said on the last like fifteen thousand episodes of Serial Killers and bullchat. It's always oh, what was it? Doink? What when you turn a new leaf?
Speaker 2: I'm trying really hard, I really am. Okay, but see at least now I recognize it. Yeah, you know, I just for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: It irks me. People say, up another vacation in the books? What book you'd write down? What book? This has been the same person that like hands someone a two dollar bill and it's like, hey, you're welcome. I don't ever say that. Oh yeah, I've never said you're welcome. T he I'm like, here's two dollars. Yeah, you're that guy. And then they get a two dollars bill and they're like cool, instead of just handing them two singles where they know that it's gonna work, instead of being like, I don't know if this is gonna work. Gonna work?
Speaker 2: You're the fifty cent guy. Can you like walks around with like fifty cents exactly? I want some so bad.
Speaker 1: You're the person who like will try and create a law that makes like vending machines have to accept fifty cents so to okay, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: In the in the seventies and eighties, sure, but not anymore now. Dollar coin, Yes, Okay, I think they should all take dollar coins and they should take two dollar bills.
Speaker 1: How many people have dollar coins is my question? People that take the trains and use cash. Uh huh oh. I hated that. I hated buying energy transit tickets just because it's like a dollar ninety five and you put in a twenty dollar bills and you get, yes, eighteen dollars a pocket full of coins? You love? Is this? I love it? Chink chink. I feel like I wanted a slot machine. They need to just make everything tap to pay. This is stupid. Every other country with a working rail system figured it out. Why in the United States are we still buying physical tickets that the person has go clickick. He should just be able to go around. You show him the ticket and it's done. You had to download the mobile tickets. Yeah, but everything should just be the same system. This way you could buy Like the fact that I took your train right, my train from the Long Island the Long Island Railroad, yes, yes, and then took the subway by the way also, and then took the path. Yeah. The fact that that's three different rail systems instead of one United one where I could just keep going, and you should be able to get on Amtrak too. It's so dumb, you know.
Speaker 2: It annoys me that Long Island Railroad is l I r R. It should just be l I R right, just like when people say HBD. No, it's just HB. It's one word, right, am I right?
Speaker 1: Just tell me I'm right, you're right? Yeah, right, yeah, you're right. Words that are not two words. You didn't have two letters. I've always you've always.
Speaker 2: Said that, but anyway, No, it was annoying because I took the l I R H to Penn station.
Speaker 1: You stick it to the man. I walk on Avenue to take the PATH train. Yeah. Do you know what path stands for? Port Authority Transportation hub, Port Authority trans Hudson trans how'd you going across the Hudson River? Yes? And what you learn something new every day? Right, every day?
Speaker 2: And so I ran to the path because the train was there, and you know, the little departing light was flashing because it's still nineteen seventy two and they have the light bulb that flashes that says departing.
Speaker 1: And I ran to the thing. There's no tap a credit card thing in that one. There isn't a subway right next door, but they're no, so I had to run to the machine and buy a Metro I know. And Jersey City is being like really dumb with it, like they're like, guess what an announcement's coming about tap to pay. It's like, just make the effing announcement. This is like, don't tease it. What are you're teasing an announcement that I'm gonna be able to tap my credit card which I've been able to do on the damn subway for the past five years. Yeah, that's annoying. It's stupid. People that don't live in the area don't really know our what's it called transportation railway problem? No, you know our hardships but path And here's another thing, here's what else is crazy? Tell me, oh, okay, I'm going to go to Newark Airport from my apartment Newark Liberty, Yes, okay, whatever, anyway, I'm going to take the train like I did to take to JFK. JFK, got on the subway pass nice to the subway to the skytrain three different three different tickets I had to buy just to get on that damn thing Newark. It's even worse. I take the path to take one stop on NJ Transit to then take one more stop on a train that's three different tickets. I have to buy three. I know they didn't build stuff really with us in mind. Why is it every single other country? Can you just go and just go? Why are we making it so?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's in every other country? Yes, I think if you went to like Uzbekistan, their rail system is not you know, false.
Speaker 1: I believe Uzbekistan probably has better than NJ Transit. NJ Transit's like, guess what, the track's a hot today, it's canceled. What about when you see those trains in India where there's that packed with thousands of people in one car and on the roof. India actually has very good high speed rail, unlike the United States where it's like Amtrak. The train tried to make a turn and so it couldn't signal yes you're delayed three hours. Yes, Well even the bright Line that's in Florida, Now, why is that's not high speed rail to go in two hours? If I drove from Boca, it's three hours. That is not high speed right at all? Well, I mean, look at look at it. So if I went to take the Long Island railroad to me because I'm billy passionate about railways and I wish that they were more efficient, and it bothers me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So friends of ours are having a wedding in Montalk, that's the very end of Long Island. I would much rather take the trains, yes, than sit in Friday traffic in the summer to get out there. Yes, But for me to take the train to Montalk, and I picture Long Island, picture the big Long Island penis okay. And so I'm having my geography lesson my house is kind of like, I don't want to say in the middle, but it's kind of like in the middle. In order for me to go all the way out east on the train, I have to go all the way to Penn Station, which is back in the city, to go three hours on the train all the way out to the end, which is insane.
Speaker 1: Insane, Like that's not efficient. No, why do you know why? Because it's all privatized. There is no national rail system. If the United States tomorrow said hey, guess what, We're going to buy up all the private railways and call it USA Railways, then all of a sudden. They all have to speak to each other and we wouldn't have this issue. But because it's still privatized, so Amtrak only services places that don't have their own railroad I guess right, or Amtrak likes stations. NJ Transit does not work with Amtrak. Amtrak does not work with the Long Island Railroad. They're all separate, and that's why, like NJ Transit also consists of the buses. It's like so, but I also think that's stupid. I think that Amtrak also owns a lot of the tracks and these other railways just rent them or that's whatever. There's problems, they always blame Amtrak. It's just inefficient. And if anybody ever tells you in this country that we can't have high speed rail because of the geography, show them the friggin' what is it the Switzerland? They literally go through the mountains. You cannot tell me the United States can't have it.
Speaker 2: But one thing I would like to do. I would love to take a week off, just buy a train ticket and go on Amtrak coast to coast.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do that next year? Yeah? Why don't we get in touch with Amtrak? Why don't we see if they would send it to send us. Yes, I think they would.
Speaker 2: That would be a great we could talk about, just like you're RV things. Yes, we should do it on amtrak.
Speaker 1: I'm in. I would I want to do that. I've seen like videos of it and it looks like so much fun.
Speaker 2: It does like you see like the mountains, and I would do that. I'd be scared, but I want to go. We should go fine next year. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm in, Okay, great, great story. All right, Well, thank you for listening to this transportation episode of Full Chat. I'm just saying it should not be privatized. In my opinion, I think we should give it to the government. I know, no more government oversight, but on railways, in transportation, I think you should just have a standard every every state has to work by. I will send a DM to Pete buddhaj Edge and we'll get right on it. I just think the Transportation commissionersion whatever, Deputy Prime Minister, I don't know, okay, but I know he's in charge of transportation.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to both child person who was in charge of it, he's not there anymore.
Speaker 1: It's it was a she and it was a Laine Chow. That's right. Yep, there you go. Thank you for listening to Bolt Chap. Please follow our socials. Uh oh, one more thing, so sorry, diesel. We in the United States still use diesel trains. It is the worst and you can look it up. It's no other country is using it because they're that inefficient. And the United States has doubled down on it to say, hey, guess what that electric and all that other stuff. Not sure if it's gonna work, cave though it's worked in every other country here diesel, and keep investing in it and it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing this money? It's dumb and the oil companies.
Speaker 1: Make it better for people to use well, I think you still use coal too. Probably, I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: Growing up, my dad had a coal burning stove in the house and that's how he heated the house with. We had a coal bin in the backyard. This big dirty coal truck would come and drop tons of coal into this thing, and I would have to shovel it with big elephant shit shovel into the coal bin and bring a thing.
Speaker 1: Inside the house. We had all of these big ass shovels that you know you they had in the circus. They just used to make cities so much more walkable and friendly. Even Jersey City, you could still see lines where they would run the trains, but now they don't. They got rid of all of them. All right, let's let's stop complaining. At least we're not fighting with each other this time. We're just fighting with the world about railways, which I'm very passionate about.
Speaker 2: All right, well, follow us on all socials at Serial Killers PC, no matter where you are, and let's end us right now.
Speaker 1: Say and just say clean, come in here and cry. It's over. Sorry. Bye,