Speaker 1: The second date of day. I think there's this big misconception that when you meet the one, it's love at first sight. Oh, Like, there's an instant attraction, a sudden, unspeakable connection there, money's exchanged, and then boom, you're in love.
Speaker 2: Money you know.
Speaker 1: But sometimes, Okay, the truth is the best love stories can be the opposite, where they start with disappointment at first sight and then make the movies that does. Think of the Notebook. She doesn't like him when they first meet. In the fact, I think Ryan Gosling tries to hurt himself when they first meet. I don't remember him.
Speaker 3: I was drunk on a plane when I watched it, so I can't give you the details.
Speaker 1: I'm saying love comes in all different forms. And that's what happened for one of our listeners, Candace, who met the guy she wants to call to a in an unusual way. Candace, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: I'm intrigued, Candace. If you say that you met him online, though, I'm going to be upset.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, okay, before we get into how you met. What's the guy's name?
Speaker 4: His name is Teddy?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So how did you and Teddy come to be?
Speaker 4: I met Teddy in a parking garage.
Speaker 1: That's my fear.
Speaker 2: Actually she was hiding under his car.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, stories parking garage, Pepper Spray, keep going. What happened in this parking garage?
Speaker 4: I was coming off of the elevator and that was a guy standing by my car, really really upset.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I mean, how are you feeling? I would have been freaking out.
Speaker 4: I was too, and I didn't know if I should turn around a little back, but I kept on going and he said is this your car? And I said yes. So he said, well, you see you parked too close to my car. I said, okay, I didn't mean to excuse.
Speaker 2: Okay, he couldn't do the passenger side crawl through so many times.
Speaker 1: Okay, so is that when you kissed him? Okay?
Speaker 3: I mean it is a good question, like, at what point do you find a guy who's angry at you and critiquing attractive.
Speaker 4: I wasn't even thinking at the time, so I just pulled out of the space where I was part and guess what happened? What I get his bumper moving out of.
Speaker 2: The Alexis is like those are the times I usually just leave this morning.
Speaker 1: Did you speed off or did you? Did you stick around?
Speaker 4: I stuck around, okay, And he said, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's got to be rough and so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I mean, this sounds very romantic. But at what point does this turn into like a date.
Speaker 2: Situation or was this it?
Speaker 4: I gave him my business card with some information from the insurance company girl, and you know we started talking after that on the phone.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so he called you all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were both kind of venning about how we both had bad days that day. That was a bad day for me and bad day for him, as he stated, yeah, no, and he's apologizing to me. Also he did for his anger.
Speaker 3: Mad that's a good sign too. So did you ask him out or did he ask you out?
Speaker 4: I asked him out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, like, how did you preposition that?
Speaker 4: I just was saying, well, since we both had bad days and I kind of messed up bumping into your car, and I just thought it would be nice, you know, maybe we can both go out and have dinner. And he said that sounds like a good idea, is.
Speaker 1: A nice meal together. I gotta try that. The next time I get into a fender. Are okay, So you guys went out to dinner? Then how did that go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it went okay itself. I guess I had one too many margarita and I let something out as I was talking about how I was at this same restaurant where we were, and that I had hooked up with a random guy in the club.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: At the restaurant like like no, no, no, not like that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was at the restaurant with my girlfriend and when we left there, we went to a club nearby. But the most shocking part of the story is the I hooked up at the club that wasn't my boyfriend that I hooked up with.
Speaker 1: Yees, Oh, this this is a cheating story that you told off.
Speaker 2: By choice.
Speaker 4: I told you I had one too many marguerite.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it sounds like you had six too many margarite night since.
Speaker 1: But so, how did you were able to recover after admitting this?
Speaker 4: No, we wrapped up the night, okay. Gave me a handshake. Oh, I think.
Speaker 2: Nothing might be better. I mean, are you singles now? Before we call this guy? I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? And so since the end of that night after the handshake, have you guys spoken at all?
Speaker 4: No, the weird thing. He was supposed to be in touch with me, you know, regarding the insurance stuff, but he hasn't done nothing. Oh really No, he was a cute guy and we did connect, but before I opened my mouth.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's gonna be a hard one to come back from, right, I know. I mean, everybody's made mistakes in relationships before that.
Speaker 2: That part's I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you may need to go and hit his car again, but.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let's play a song. We'll come back. We'll try and get your second date up date right after this. Hold on Candace. Okay, for a second, I thought Candace called us for the wrong segment. She really should have been on Busted, where we hear cheating from our significant But no, Candace really does want a second date after a one night misguided foray into infidelity. Let's call it. You know that can happen to anyone, right, Brooke.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it in a very long time, right.
Speaker 5: That's why I know.
Speaker 1: That's why waiting in the parking garage for you.
Speaker 3: As soon as I've never cheated on my husband, but you know, like boyfriends, it didn't really I mean where the relationships didn't really matter, does it really?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's move on, so you support canas I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just shame it, Like I get it, Candice, like I feel you.
Speaker 4: You guys all focus on the wrong thing. That was a story that I told a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mine was like mine was when I was in college.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's fine now. I think that there's anyway After admitting to Teddy that she hooked up with the wrong person that wasn't her boyfriend, she now wants us to call him and try and help smooth things over to maybe get a second date. Now, before we call him, is there anything else that you admitted to him that we need to know about before we do this?
Speaker 4: No, that was the only thing Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay that she remembers at least because there was a lot of Margarita's and I forgot. But we're going to find out for sure. I'm ready to dial Teddy's number. Are you feeling ready, Candice?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, Let's see if he answers and find out what he has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Teddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is just Teddy.
Speaker 1: Hey, Teddy, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Broken. I never heard of you guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, not Broke Brook co host. Ya.
Speaker 5: Hi Teddy, Hey, what is this about? Did I win something?
Speaker 1: Maybe in a way kind of, but I'll tell you, well, we don't know for sure yet. This is something we do call the second date update, where we help our listen is get back in touch with people that they went out with after they've been ghosted.
Speaker 5: I haven't been out in a minute, So what's this about.
Speaker 1: Well, you have been a minute.
Speaker 2: You went to dinner recently, right with.
Speaker 1: A woman named Candace.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now, I get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh did you not consider that a date?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 5: I mean we were hanging out. I don't know what you'll call it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you hanging out? You know, sure, we we'll call it a hangout too. But the whole, the whole point of us doing this is Candace has been trying to get a hold of you after she had a really nice time with you that night, and she doesn't understand why you're not responding to her, especially because you guys are supposed to stay in contact after the whole fender bender thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she owes you money, right or her interest company does.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she sure does. But you know, things got busy for me. You know, life moved on and we had got an interesting time.
Speaker 1: It was cool, interesting interesting time.
Speaker 2: I mean, was there any chemistry were you guys? Were you at track? Did the canvas at all?
Speaker 6: I thought she was okay, she was attractive, but it wasn't like when you actually earlier was the day that was it was something we went out we you know, I know she told you how we met. She hit my car, Yeah yeah, and I thought she was trying to skip on you. At Bill, I say, hey, I pay for your dinner. You know, just don't tell anybody about the car act.
Speaker 1: I mean that's possible, but yeah, I mean we spoke to Candas earlier man, and she told us the whole backstory about how you guys met and when you guys went out to dinner, and she did bring up that there was kind of an awkward moment where she told you a story about going to the club, and she feels kind of embarrassed about what she admitted to.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, I would have told the embarrassed too what she said, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, where she cheated on her boyfriend with some dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was actually a big moment for me hearing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did the did the attractive level of her drop after she told that story?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't really more about her. It was really about more about me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I came to a big realization that time, like I shouldn't be here right.
Speaker 1: Now what she does? What realization are you coming to?
Speaker 5: Well, my girlfriend was at home, and then I realized I shouldn't have been out doing what she did.
Speaker 1: You in a relationship, did you know you were on a day?
Speaker 3: I don't mean to laugh, I'm sorry, but they of it upcoming.
Speaker 5: Like I said, it was just more of a hangout. I didn't know I was putting myself in a bad situation and being there. You know, she was gonna tell me about asked and think of that thought.
Speaker 2: I see why we use the word to hang out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: We weren't going to get married or go down to the hole. It was just a hangout.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on a second, you're saying that moment when she admitted to cheating. Was a realization for you. What were you thinking before that moment.
Speaker 5: I wasn't really thinking of anything. I just wanted to go out and have some fun, to hang out. But when she told me that story from back in the days, I realized that I shouldn't be here right now.
Speaker 3: Wait, So, like I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, like that you thought it was like.
Speaker 2: An insurance meeting something. You know, you were going out to have fun.
Speaker 5: I mean it was they have fun, So I knew it wasn't gonna be an insurance meeting.
Speaker 2: By Okay, Well that's honest, honest, But that's honest.
Speaker 1: You didn't kiss or anything, did you, right?
Speaker 5: You just oh no, I didn't do that. I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Being honest with us right now, But were you honest with Candace? Did Candace know that you had a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Well, that wasn't supposed to come up. We were just hanging out.
Speaker 1: You were trying to hide it from her. It sounds like, well, I can't hide it anymore because I gotta let you know, Teddy, that Candace has actually been on the other line listening and she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Man, you got shut me up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of shocked and surprised that you didn't tell me that you have a girlfriend. We wouldn't have went on a date.
Speaker 1: She's calling it a date.
Speaker 5: Man, It wasn't no date. We were just hanging out met you, So I was it a date.
Speaker 4: You should have came out and told me you had a girlfriend, because we wouldn't have went out. Because you know what I call that, Teddy cheating?
Speaker 5: You a cheater, and that was a pot calling the kettle black.
Speaker 3: Look at you, I know, but she's not still in a relationship.
Speaker 5: You've been cheating before me. Oh I didn't even see you.
Speaker 4: You said you. I heard you. I wasn't dating at that time. I told you a story happened back in the day.
Speaker 5: That was a.
Speaker 4: Viol And you know what you can do, Teddy for me, put an egg in your shoe and beat it.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a dig or somebody's making pancakes today.
Speaker 2: So did you come clean with your boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Then? Right after that hook up and you guys broke up immediately because you felt so bad about cheating on him at the club.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to talk about that, you know, that's all in the yea.
Speaker 1: Let's focus on the present and Teddy, in present day. Before you went to dinner with Candace, did you let your girlfriend know that you were meeting up with another woman?
Speaker 5: Well, just like Candace said, we're not gonna focus on the past.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna focus on Okay.
Speaker 5: Here minding my business.
Speaker 2: You guys called me okay, Well.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her after you went out with Candace that you had met up with a woman that's in the past.
Speaker 5: You're trying to bring my past in the future. I left that alone a long time ago.
Speaker 2: That's what cheating is. Literally currently hooking up with someone right now. It's all of your cheating is gonna be in the past. There's nothing to tell you know, It's how time works.
Speaker 1: Is It's just like about intent. Maybe there was a little bit of intent there, and in the court of law, that's enough to convince.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, but better out of the doubt, Teddy, did it scare you straight?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you not?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you never gonna do that again?
Speaker 5: I'm never gonna do that again. This is in the past. There's no remix of the past. I'm just trying to mind my business and you guys are calling me about something to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's forget about the past. Let's let's erase our minds about what happened in the past. Let's talk about the future. Would you guys like to see each other again? Because we'll offer to send you guys out on another day and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 2: Can we send him and his girlfriend?
Speaker 1: And I'd like to see two cheaters hook up with each other. If two cheaters hook up, then it cancels it out.
Speaker 4: You need to shed your mouth. No theater, that's true.
Speaker 2: In present day, that's true.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, at leasta she was gonna call me a cheater. I should have got something out of that night. I should have got something. I get nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it sounds like you are interested in seeing her for an anyone. So is it a no?
Speaker 5: Then no, it's no, definitely not.
Speaker 3: All right, good boy, teddy, good boy, You have a good light, teddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, she'll see you at the club later tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, in the morning,