Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, they are scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: How you doing, doing dandy? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm great, just absolutely Like after doing the first podcast, I feel like I'm in like the groove, you know you do. I get so tired so Hayley doing all this. I mean, she did so much press for the movie, like for two weeks it was like multiple interviews every day. But for a while she was just doing podcasts here and there starting out the press, and she was like, I don't know how y'all do multiple podcasts back to back. I'm exhausted. It's like, that's right, show biz baby doing a little flex nine.
Speaker 3: Years Like get her getting asked the same questions over and over. That's the thing it.
Speaker 1: I do feel like that would be like if we were having the same conversation over and over again, I think we'd be like tired, you're right, you know.
Speaker 2: You're right. We like although I feel like I could just go through an answer any questions they have for her, I can answer, I know the real top of my head.
Speaker 1: I because I feel like when I did my press for my book, it was like, really the only thing I can kind of equate it to. And it's true, it's like there's this monotony to it, you know, like there's like these pillars that everybody asks you about, and it's just like how many times can I have the same But it's to so many different audiences, so it's like you kind of have to say this, you know, the same thing, just to spread right. So I do think maybe Haley's experience was different than ours.
Speaker 2: It's like the Lady Gaga when she was in uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah Born This or What No No?
Speaker 2: With Bradley Cooper Stars A Star Was Born, Star is Born? Yeah, and there were she said one hundred You can have one hundred people in the room and all it takes is one to believe in you or whatever, And it's like that story is so impactful. But then with TikTok and social media gets put into like a you know, a whole video, you've heard it once, you've heard it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not giving authentic, that's the problem, I know.
Speaker 2: But it's like how many how many stories can you come up with.
Speaker 1: For every different your job? Think about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could have maybe switched up the wording.
Speaker 1: Especially when it's like such an impactful line, like you can't just keep using that. Yes, the age of social media.
Speaker 4: Like someone did a video where it was all it was the wow ok trend, but it was her saying that line and it was like different ways, so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is pretty good. It's also scary sometimes it is so scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I think I have to stop ingesting so much. Yeah, because I also take everything for like I take I think everybody's like an expert, you know what I mean. And Robbie will be like, Babe, these people don't know what they're talking about. Why are you listening to them? And I'm like, but they say I need to eat this to to for my mitochondria. And He's like, who the fuck is that person? Like you need to stop and get off the scrolling. And I'm like, I think he might be right because you can't control what you see, do you know what I mean? Yeah, and my algorithm knows what it's doing.
Speaker 2: Hailey said something to me about not oh, not washing your dog's bowls or something, Yes, not washing them, like being you shouldn't or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something, And I go Okay, sometimes you just gotta log off, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, Hailey, like anything I see, I like send it right over to Robbie and I'm like, we have to do this, this, this, And he's like, I'm not listening to like user two three.
Speaker 2: Five, And that's that's we need. We need that balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for y'all, speaking of what I forgot.
Speaker 2: But the day we got home from opening day, which was Friday, we got home and and I get home and I see that Phoebe had had like an diarrhea on our carp rug awesome, and I was like, oh, I'm so sorry, like are you sick? And so I'm it is a like I'm using every cleaner I have. I'm like, I'm freaking out, like get rid of the rug. So then I go, I'm walking back in the hallway. There's more drops of it on the hardwood floor, and I'm like, Okay, well, at least she tried to make it onto just the hardwood floor. She has diarrhea, So I'm cleaning that up. Colorox wives like crazy, go back into the bedroom, more on our bedroom carp rug. So I am just absolutely stressed out, and I'm like, man, we come home. Haley's holding the dog back like the bag while I'm putting like the wipes and stuff. She's like, you know, life is so glamorous. You go from like your opening week directorial day to jeanning up your dogs.
Speaker 1: Remember when phoebpede on our bed, my bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's going out of that.
Speaker 1: I think she'll never live that down in our house now we don't let dogs up in our bedroom like Phoebe. Phoebe lost all the privileges for any dog to come into our bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really sad.
Speaker 1: You know what I forgot to tell you about. Actually what So we had our canasta tournament last week. So it wasn't like a tournament. This was just like a Canasta knight.
Speaker 2: Okay, fun.
Speaker 1: It was just fun.
Speaker 2: No low steaks, low steaks.
Speaker 1: Robbie and I sat down with these two girls who were like canasta masters, so we were like canasteras and so robb and I were like, we're probably gonna lose, but we'll learn, you know, like this is a great learning because we've only played a handful of times and then we only got two We had two tutoring sessions. Okay, our tutor was at this party and we were like talking to her and she's like, oh, I brag about you guys all the time. Like I say, I had a couple pick it up in two sessions, and I was like really, She's like, yeah, some people take like twelve sessions. And I was like, oh my gosh. Like so I'm feeling fly Like I'm like she kind of puffed me up. My chest was out. Yeah, and we're playing with these masters, these two girls, and we crushed them, like blew them out of the water. And I'm like, maybe Robbie and I have something here like like to where we could do it competitively.
Speaker 2: You should do it, I know.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking into if they do CANASA tournaments because I want to enter. And then I get home that night and I found out that Travis Kelcey was at the same place we were at that night, but I didn't see him because I was like, just like, no, he wasn't. He wasn't in the CANASA tournament. It's like a club that has like many different like levels or like a restaurant on one and there's like a rooftop bar.
Speaker 2: In LA Yeah, Birtree, he was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we had LA ships in the night.
Speaker 2: He probably came way after you.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. I was like, we were probably leaving our getting ready for dinner. Yeah yeah, but I was so excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, regardless.
Speaker 2: Anyway, allegedly he was on his bachelor trip. Was that his bachelor trip?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing, well, it was Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: So oh you never know. When you're a celebrity, you do a bachelor week sure an LA bachelor romp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Taylor had her bachelrette this weekend, I thought the island fireworks.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you scroll on social media?
Speaker 2: I do, but I saw this thing that was like they're getting ready for a wedding and it was like, clearly not their wedding because people were like, I don't think those people would be dressed like that for their wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, yeah, feels judgmental.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I don't I just don't believe everything when I scroll.
Speaker 1: Oh I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like Taylor had her bachelor party, she bacherette party, fireworks in Rhode Island. There was fireworks. Like Lively was not there because she was photographed in New York City.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I did see that, but she was photographed on what ever, it was two different nights, so she could have been at the party the.
Speaker 1: Bachelorette for this one night. Sure, just a quick extent, Sure, in and out. Yeah, do people do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Most of most people do bachelor at nights and it's not like a whole thing. So Blake could have been like, I just need to pop in and then I gotta get back to the kids. I'm sticking with my story that she wasn't invited.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know if she was invited. She just wasn't there. Okay, she might have been invited, but I can't confirm nor deny.
Speaker 2: Than Tanya will call TMZ but it's Tanya's maybe.
Speaker 3: Zigone what the zigon zygoat is like an embryo, But I don't think ygon.
Speaker 2: Semi. I don't know. We'll work on it. Into Dear Banya.
Speaker 3: Let's do some Dear Banya. This first one is uh from Brie, who is a Canadian ally and has some questions for Becca. So Beca, get your answering muscles ready. Truthfully, I started listening to your podcast when Becka came out. I found her story so beautiful and inspiring, and I've been a regular listener ever since. Well, welcome to the party, Brie. Looking back through Beca's story, I realized that her sisters are also queer. It made me curious about what that experience has been like for your family growing up in the South. Did you and your sisters have conversations about identity with one another or was everyone's journey more individual? Is that something that was openly discussed when you were younger, or did those conversations happen later in life? And his having queer sisters shaped the way your family relates to and supports one another. Happy pride from a Canadian ally, xoxobri.
Speaker 2: Hi Brie, thanks for listening. It's been a very interesting journey because I didn't even like I don't have the experience of feeling like I was in the closet my whole life, right because I am also attracted to men, and I think any idea of like what in hindsight could have been a crush, I just thought like, oh, I want to I want to be like her, or I don't even have remember I had like crushes on teachers or like innocent things like that, but I didn't have like friends or people that were my peers that I had crushes on that I remember till I was older, where I go like, oh, maybe that was more of a crush than a just like a friend only so I had a different experience, And because when I met Hayley was the first time that I even started thinking or questioning that, and so it wasn't a conversation I ever really thought about having growing up. And I also grew up very conservative and Christian, so it was just very much like shut off because like, you're told that's wrong, so don't even go there. Basically, my sisters are Caroline's seven years younger than me, and then my other sister, Hank is like eleven years younger than me. So they had each other, I think now, navigating that together and probably had more conversations about it. I didn't find out till they lived with me, and I think Kink was nineteen or eighteen when she told me. And it was so nice when I met Haley because they were living with me at the time and so we had each other and you know, it's like you navigate hard conversations with family and coming out and I don't share a lot about that because I've chosen to have a public life and that wasn't my family's choice. But I think in all, yeah, I think having sisters who were super supportive and also understood the feelings that I was going through even though I'm so much older than them, was really like helpful for me to accept what I was feeling without overthinking it. Because when they came out to me, I remember that was when I kind of questioned, like how I was raised to believe that it was wrong? And I was like, wait, these people that I love more than anything, how am I supposed to think anything negatively about them? Like? I just want them to be happy, be and fine love And so I think having those conversations before I met Haley made me accept those feelings I had for her so much easier because I knew I had them at the very least. I was like, everyone could leave and not I wouldn't have anybody. At least I have them. So yeah, I think having that was really like a beautiful part of that part of my life. And I also think it wasn't something we discussed growing up because we didn't talk about our feelings much about like they were so much younger than me, so I wasn't really asking them the questions. But actually, one of my favorite stories, and the reason why Tanya is on the podcast, is because I had my sisters on or like one of the first few episodes when I was just doing the podcast by myself, and they're so funny and quick witted, and I was like, they'll be so fun to have on the podcast, but I didn't know they were queer, and so I was like, oh, what guy, what kind of guys are y'all into? And trying to have this call conversation with them, and they were so awkward, and I was like, they got so weird in front of the microphone, which now I know why, but I didn't at the time. And so Tanya was still in the studio and I was like, Hey, will you come be on this episode? I need to fill in this some space here. And that's how it was.
Speaker 1: I was just a chair sitting in the studio.
Speaker 2: You were the most imp to be had it shaped. Thank you Caroline and Hink for not coming out to me yet, because it shaped the way this podcast would be forever forever. But no, we are. We all have each other and it's been a really special thing. And you know, I'm really grateful for them and that, especially during that time, it was vital for me. Yeah, even though all my friends were totally fine with it.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked me about that because we were talking about the movie, because I guess they were under the impression that Girls Like Girls was like your Lovestore with Hailey, and I was like, no, this was like Haley's like first ever, like she was kind of navigating in it, you know, and I'm trying to remember who it was. But they were like, what was it like like when Becka told you, like, did she have this whole like coming out to you thing? And I was like, no, she like literally just told me I made out with this girl last night. And I was like, oh my god. It was like the Katy Perry song. I was like, did you like it?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: Like it wasn't even like this coming out thing. It was literally just like I made out with this girl and like I'm obsessed with her. Yeah, we never really had that. It wasn't like a thing.
Speaker 2: No, no. And I also think I, you know, I was almost thirty at the time. I felt I was very confident in crazy as it was and I think that had a big part to do with my how I navigated it. And I also trust my friends so much, like I felt so loved my my friend. I never once thought like, oh my god, Donya was going to abandon me because I kissed a girl or like a girl. And then that's why.
Speaker 1: I was honestly concerned for you. At that time. I was like, I don't know if this girl is capable of love, Like I'm concerned. She's almost thirty and she's said she's like never had these feelings and she's never like wanted to like spend every minute with somebody. I was like, I just don't know if Becka has it in her.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm same. I also am such a if you've seen the movie Sonia Is, they're both like in high school and sonia Is make some decisions that are really hurtful and says things that are hurtful. But I am such a Sonia defender because in my mind, if I was navigating how I felt about Haley at sixteen seventeen, whatever in the environment I grew up in, which is this is wrong, you can't do this. But I knew how strong my feelings were for her, I would have been doing the exact same thing, like having those moments of like I need to like graze your leg, I need to like kiss you, I need in private, and then I would feel so much pressure from the outside. I had noises and what I was supposed to be in the expectations of me. So everyone who's such a hater and they're like, don't date a sonya, I'm like, they're kids, Like the guys are doing this too, and it doesn't make their actions right.
Speaker 1: The guys were doing it, so they were doing it to me the coolie.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean they're a bad person, because I would like to think people have growth beyond their high school years. Hopefully we have some questionable text.
Speaker 1: Oh yes from I read this and I was pissed.
Speaker 2: Let's just take a break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back. This one's from anonymous. I'm thirty one. I've been dating my boyfriend who's twenty eight for seven months. Notes things have been great. He's never given me a reason not to trust him. I do have some trust issues from a previous five year relationship, and I'm actively working through them in therapy. Recently, while plugging in his phone. I saw a text exchange with a friend for context. He's always had an open phone policy and told me I can look through it whenever I want. My boyfriend writes, bruh, did Kate lose weight because she looks hot? Friend? Yeah, dude, she's been on a zembic. My boyfriend, I was gonna say, if I still live there? Woof crying laughing emoji two of them. The fact that he finds another woman attractive doesn't bother me. It's that if I still live there? Woof comment that felt disrespectful. I also saw a text where he was complaining to a close female friend about me getting lip filler. He did say I'm beautiful without it, but it still bothered me because I've already talked to him about it. One thing I've told him is that I'm trying to do relationships differently this time. In my last relationship, problems were discussed with friends instead of with each other. And I've made it clear I value bringing concerns directly to your partner. Are these legitimate concerns worth bringing up? Or am I lady? My baggage from my last relationship influenced my reaction, and if I should bring it up. How would you do it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I have two schools of thought on this.
Speaker 3: Let's her classes and sessions.
Speaker 1: My first school of thought is, if you dig, you shall find Like if you're looking through their phone, you're gonna find something you don't like. I just guarantee it, no matter what. I don't care. If your husband partner is Jesus Christ himself, you disagree, you don't think so if you went digging, I remember I.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was digging. I think that's what she's looking through.
Speaker 1: But she was looking through his phone.
Speaker 2: She was plugging his phone in and.
Speaker 1: Looking through it. Yeah, I saw a text. That's looking through someone like probably saw the text pop up. I'm just saying something.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I don't know. This isn't giving digging.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is if you dig, you will find a someon.
Speaker 2: Do we agree with this? Uh?
Speaker 3: I agree that if you dig you will fine, yes, But I also don't think she was looking for I think she she probably saw a text come through and was like, let's see what's going on here.
Speaker 1: But that's guys, I don't looking.
Speaker 2: Says she was pulling it like he he's like, you can look through my phone, so she wasn't having to like get his phone at nice.
Speaker 1: No, but it's still looking period. However, to me, these text messages are so concerning for multiple disrespectful, so disrespectful that because she looks hot, Okay, it's fine to say, bruh, did Kate lose weight? I guess, but because she looks hot is so inappropriate? And then if I still live there, woolf also, complaining about your lip filler to another woman is like beyond weird, too.
Speaker 5: Wild wild Yeah uh though if I still basically what he is telling you with this text is that if he ran into her in another place.
Speaker 1: Wolf Yeah, But I don't even know how you bring this up to him, Like the one about complaining about the lip filler, I would say, like, hey, like I we're supposed to be a team, like a front facing team, Like if you don't like my lip filler, just tell me.
Speaker 2: I would really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If you didn't like say that to your friends or our family, like if you if you have a problem with it, please come to me and just share it with me, Like I don't I don't like that.
Speaker 2: And she said she's already talked to him about it, So if that would have been his moment, if they had a conversation of like, hey, I'm gonna get lip filler and he was like, oh, I think you look so beautiful with thought it well you know, but yeah it was. It was going behind the back and complaining about it. Rude.
Speaker 1: But I don't even know how I would bring up the other one because I would just be so livid, like, I don't I wouldn't even, I wouldn't even I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: I'd say, hey, bruh, Yeah, I hate that, he says if I still lived there and not if I were single, Yeah, like that's crazy to me, which is still not great, No, still not great. But also like, also, I'm sorry I thought Wolf was bad, Like I'm going back to home alone well as your girlfriend Wolf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wof was bad too, But I think.
Speaker 3: It's like wolf like howling like a like a dog, you know.
Speaker 2: But barking, sparking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all bad, it's all horrible.
Speaker 2: I think you should just say, hey, I have been sitting on this and I was trying to figure out a way because I'm I'm wanting to do this relationship differently than I did my last one, and I don't want to bring my insecurities from my last relationship into this one. But I was plugging your phone in and I saw this text exchange, and I'm just having a really hard time moving on from it. So I wanted to talk about it with you, and and I personally don't know how I would move forward with this with trust, Like I would definitely have to be like, we need a couples therapists to navigate how I'm feeling about this, because that to me basically is like in my mind, I would be like he's he's going to cheat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just it just to me. I don't want to say it's like grounds breaking up, but I just feel like you don't want someone moving that way or thinking that it's okay to move that way inside a relationship.
Speaker 2: Talk about and like you can't with other people.
Speaker 1: It's a character thing, yeah, do you know what I mean? Like it's not something that he can It's not like I don't like it when you leave the toilet seat up. Please don't leave the toilet seat up, because then I fall in you know what I mean? Like this is like a character thing. That I unfortunately don't think that you can correct in conversation with him. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's disrespectful. It's disrespectful to you both. Both things that he did here that we have evidence of, who knows what we don't have evidence of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just it's not it's just.
Speaker 2: Me being You're trying to heal something that someone else broke or you had issues with from a previous relationship, and I fear that you're with someone who is going to disrespect you he already has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just going to continue and it probably will get worse.
Speaker 2: But I definitely think you should bring it up. I would be so curious to hear what his reasoning or.
Speaker 1: Now he will weasel his way out of this so fast.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I mean like Ross.
Speaker 1: Geller and some leather slippery jeans.
Speaker 2: He did not always allow to try try and damn what happens. I just think you need to bring it up. I don't think you're crazy for being upset by this. I don't think you're irrational. I don't think you're in the wrong. I think that he is very disrespectful and if he's speaking about if you found that just with no effort. There's no what is he saying about you? Like, how is he speaking about you? Not in text messages when he's with his boys on a night out.
Speaker 3: I think you're in a very great part of the relationship though, because they've been together seven months, Because that to me, that's not like you could still end this and you're you're not living.
Speaker 1: Together, right, no skin off your teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the seven months is also long enough for someone to show you who he is. I think I think this he's not going to change. I don't think even if you bring us up to him and he's like, well, you know what, You're right. I should not have said those things, like he's not going to do that first of all, and if he did, I don't know. I'm sorry. This is just like this type of guy I don't think changes. Yeah, sorry to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry you're going through that. It's really Yeah, that's tough. But I agree Easton that you make a good point. You're in a good spot ended right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like an ended to me too.
Speaker 3: Here's another anonymous one. I've been married for almost twelve years. My relationship with my mother in law has always been difficult. She's often been critical and judgmental of me, but I've always tried to keep the peace. In twenty twenty, a huge fight broke out during a family vacation. My husband had just had a hip replacement and was running a fever during the trip, and a lot of long standing issues came to the surface. My in law's left that night, and despite our attempts to reach out afterward, they completely cut off communication with us and our kids for an entire year. No calls, no birthday nothing. A few weeks ago, my father in law reach out to my husband and ask to reconnect. My husband is ready to move forward, but I'm struggling with the idea of simply pretending nothing happened. What hurts me most is the impact on my kids, especially my son, who is extremely close with his grandfather. He spent that year confused, hurt, and wondering why they disappeared from his life. I've told my husband that before we move forward, I'd like a conversation with his parents about what happened and said we acknowledgment of the hurt that was caused. I'm not looking for a perfect apology, but I don't want to teach my kids that it's okay to just disappear from someone's life for a year and then act like nothing happened. Am I justified in wanting to address it and set boundaries or should I let it go and move on.
Speaker 2: I know that everyone's living life for the first time, like everyone's navigating things as they go. But when parents don't act like parents, yeah, it drives me crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like because at the end of the day, when you're fighting, it's really ego, Like that's really what we don't know and tell us what this spide is about. But it's really just ego that makes you stop talking. And and then there's children involved, Like you're hurting these little kids' hards innocent because of your ego because you can't just suck it up and either apologize or like get to some common ground with another adult.
Speaker 2: My thing is, even if you have conflict with the adults, like send the kids gifts.
Speaker 1: Like yeah them like yes, it's so it's insane behavior that is so devastating. It's I agree.
Speaker 2: With everything you're saying. I don't think you can expect a perfect that I think there it's the only thing that can rebuild. This is time and like you know, working at both parties choosing to move forward. But I also think you deserve every right to have a conversation about like, hey, this was really hurtful and we need to talk about why that was wrong and how we all want to move forward.
Speaker 1: Well, I think ultimately, I do think coming to like some understand and communication and like having that be a cordial relationship is super important. But I also think setting the boundary and the expectation of like, you cannot do this to my kids again, Like if you're going to be in their lives, You're going to be in their lives. You're not just going to ghost them again, like that this isn't happening again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, otherwise you're out forever. Yeah, Like if you can have issues with us, but you cannot come in and out as you please into their lives. Yeah, but yeah, I'm sorry that I would. I definitely think your husband should navigate this with you and be a team with you and make sure that y'all are having the conversations needed that you feel ready to like have them back in y'all's lives.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sheesh, that's a rough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have another anonymous one, but should we should we take a break?
Speaker 2: Were you going to do the husband stalling with kids in emotional affair?
Speaker 3: I was going that's when I was going to.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a break and then do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're about.
Speaker 3: Another anonymous email here on Dear Bonnia. My husband and I had been together for thirteen years and married for five. Before we got engaged, I was very clear that I wanted children, and he agreed that he could see that future too. But seven years later, he's still ensure about having kids, and it's become one of the biggest challenges in our marriage. Recently, while trying to understand why we felt so disconnected, I discovered he's been having what I would consider to be an emotional affair with a coworker. There was nothing physical, but he had been confiding in her about his fears, his stress, work struggles, and concerns about our future, things I thought he was sharing with me. He says the relationship developed during a stressful period and wasn't the cause of our problems, but rather a result of them. He has apologized, taking accountability and says he's committed to repairing our marriage. Still, I feel blindsided and deeply betrayed. How do I know if his uncertainty about children is something he'll eventually work through? And how do I know whether our marriage can recover after he chose to lean on someone else during such an important crossroads in our lives? At what point do you stop believing in someone's potential and start accepting it who they are right now?
Speaker 2: This might need to go to someone with a higher degree than us. Want to say, why because it feels like you know this, the conversation of wanting kids before you get married is such an important decision for both people to agree on, and it sounds like.
Speaker 1: It seems like they did. And then he changes mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but which is not communicating that to her. He's going to somebody else that he spends every day with at work this information, And it's like the question I would have is why do you feel so safe? Why don't you feel safe sharing that with me as your partner?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like these are things that are very important to talk about before you get married, you know, like being on the same page about those things is like so crucial, even if it takes you longer, you know what I mean? Like robb and I weren't always necessarily on the same page about everything in terms of timing, just because of our history and like our lives and where we were at. But like we overly communicated our expectations and what we wanted out of the relationship, and when we finally got on the same page, that's when we got engaged and like moved our relationship forward. So I feel like having those conversations is super important. Also, I don't know how old you are, but like you can't kick the can forever, you know what I mean. Like unfortunately, as women, we do have a biological clock and like he's gotta get on the horse, if you know what I'm saying, or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Do you kick the can mean die?
Speaker 1: No? Kick the can means like you just kick it down, like I'll do it later, I'll do it tomorrow, I'll do it, and I will do it next y you.
Speaker 3: It also does mean die.
Speaker 1: Oh, it means both. Oh what a double on tom.
Speaker 3: Kick the can down the road means to delay something and then kick the can, So I.
Speaker 1: Meant kick the can down the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I mean, it's it's tough. I always think, like when you get when you're in a long term or serious relationship with someone, I think you have to be you really have to be on the same page on things like children and then like personal values. That's something like Alison and I do not have the same taste in music, or like there's so many things where we are different on, but we are exactly aligned in like you know, uh, the politics and where we are in terms of starting a family and those kind of expectations. And I think that's why a relationship works. You really have to be locked in. And I think the fact that she was so determined she said like, I know I wanted kids, and he was like, kind of she says, I he could see that future too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: I Also now there's this, Okay, so you have stalled and we don't know where we land on having kids or when that's going to happen. So there's that issue. And now she has this trust issue with him confiding and someone else, and it's like, how do you navigate him going to work every day that.
Speaker 1: This person that would send me.
Speaker 2: All jerks aside. I really do think you should talk to a couple therapists because I think you need to decide what are the boundaries that work that are realistic, because like, if this is a job that he loves and is financially supporting, y'all, then he can't just quit his job. But like, what does it look like moving forward? Because on top of big life decisions, now you have to consider him, you know, having an emotional affair.
Speaker 1: You Know what's interesting, though, is I always feel like, because they're married, the stakes are higher, do you know what I mean? Where if they weren't married, they were together for thirteen years and he was having he was playing these tricks, I'd be like, get out, yeah, move on. But I'm like, the stakes are higher because they're married.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, yeah, but there's no kids yet, right.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe get out now. But then I like that he apologized, took accountability, and says he's committed to repairing our marriage. Like that is a huge thing. Imagine if it was if he was just like, there's no problem with those of them, a whole different story, we'd all be like, get out. The fact that he did those things makes me feel like he's not a bad guy. He maybe made some bad choices.
Speaker 2: I think you talked to somebody, a professional, tell him that's what you need to do?
Speaker 1: What fine?
Speaker 2: I just think it's I think it's helpful because I don't want her to get into a place where she's spirals and then the boundaries are confused or blurred and they don't know what's okay, what's not okay? Do you want to have kids like he He clearly doesn't feel safe to talk to her about it. So having a third party there to navigate the conversation, I just think would be so helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to say what.
Speaker 2: You need to say, both of you. But I'm so sorry. This is awful, really complicated and tough. We wish you the best whatever that looks like.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I hope everything works out for you. Anonymous.
Speaker 1: I think we should wrap.
Speaker 2: Let's do the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I think we should do one more before we say goodbye. And I'm sorry we did. That was a very heavy one. And this is another kind of intense email. So I'm really sorry. This is from Brooke Dear Becca Tanya Mark in Easton. I'm an avid listener from South Carolina and I came upon this story while scrolling social media. Had to read it to make sure this was not Tanya Love a huge Tanya taught Brook. Here's the article women arrested after driving over one hundred miles per hour to watch Love Island. Tanya, were you in Arizona recently?
Speaker 1: This was not me. You could have been, It could have been, It could have been, But it was not me. She was maybe season six, but not seasoning.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: She's going one hundred and eight and a sixty five mile prior zone. She was trying to get home fast to watch Love Island, to make it home in time.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I do have to say though, now that Love Island is bigger than it was before. I could watch Love Island at my leisure. Now, if I don't watch it the day it comes out, I'm getting spoilers on social media. So I understand the speeding because the spoilers do be coming. And even me, somebody like, if you don't watch it at six pm on the nose, you're getting spoilers, Like I watch them before I go to bed, so it's like eight o'clock at night, and I've already seen like some of the crotch stuff, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Broke crotch stuff, well, like the girth check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the check. I'm seeing all this stuff on social media, and I'm like, I don't want to see that. So I understand the speeding.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing though, it's it's a sometimes you're speeding to rush home so you don't miss it, and then you get pulled over and put you even further back with a ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. It's never as no.
Speaker 2: If she got a ticket or not, that's the important part. Did Love Island to get her out of the ticket? I imagine no.
Speaker 3: I She was arrested and booked on charges of pel speed and her vehicle was impounded for twenty days.
Speaker 2: Shes just a way, just drive the speed limit. It'll be there when you get home. Okay, we will be. We're leaving. We're done.
Speaker 1: Audios, audios.
Speaker 2: We love y'all so much. I love you a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 6: Bye.