Speaker 1: The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and it's about to get wild with all the high stakes drama, insane buzzer beaters, jaw dropping dunks, and guess what. DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit boost every single game, every single game, all playoffs long. Check out the app for that day special boost. Don't miss out. It's time to cash in while the action heats up. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use the code Bobby Sports. One word Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boosts for every NBA playoff game only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire tex hop and why that's four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling Call eight to eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boo Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas. Twitter and plus age and eligibility varias by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boost per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost, beta and maximum bet limits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash promos a podcast called twenty five Wists Stalking Fun Fall and they are whist So yeah, it's too bad, but what didn't you expect?
Speaker 2: It's a podcast called twenty five.
Speaker 4: Whistles Wine, Oh, whistles up, Let's start the show.
Speaker 1: I know that's a sad whistle.
Speaker 5: It's sad one.
Speaker 1: It's reads. Last day on the show, guy, I took Read to play golf yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a hey man, it's a farewell, let's get one more out of you, a farewell beating No, just you two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the course was pretty empty.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It's kind of an awesome damn Beyonnest Eddie because Eddie was gonna go.
Speaker 5: And what did I say? Immediately he was.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm in, and then he texted me and goes, I'm out.
Speaker 5: That's usually how it goes.
Speaker 1: And so we were just gonna celebrate Read and Eddie didn't feel like celebrating. It's not it, dude, weather was perfect. I hadn't played in like nine months, and I shot at eighty nine. So yeah, it was a good day because even had I shot bad, I'd already made it up to my made I was not gonna have a bad day. We're out celebrating our friend Reid.
Speaker 5: What do you guys talk about, like just the good times.
Speaker 4: No, we just kind of had a good time. Yeah, we just we just had a good time played golf. He did give me some marriage advice, you know, really mostly cohabitating advice. Yeah, because that's the that was.
Speaker 5: What happened to him. That means living with someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like accountability that you don't have to have now that you will now have to have being married because you're not living together. He's had a long distance relationship for how long five years, so they've had their relationship and they had a relationship before that too, so they have like that you know, the bread. Yeah, this has been the meat, but there's gotta be that bread on the top of it too, and so that meat. He's had no accountability to anybody. He can go run and do whatever he wants.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, I eat in bed at like ten o'clock at night, like its gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't talking about that so much. It was mostly like decisions being made together, and that's not going to be instinctually what happens because you haven't been doing that. And then I told him. I was like, I was older, So for you, it's not exactly going to be the same, I said, But for me, I was so wired. I mean I think me and my wife told I was like thirty eight or something. I don't know, thirty eight, thirty nine, thirty.
Speaker 5: Nine, yeah, something like that about right.
Speaker 1: So I said I was so wired and I had money and he was like, yeah, I didn't think about that. It's gonna be hard with the money. And I was like, you don't have money.
Speaker 7: Read it's different. I was like, you're younger, though you're not the same man, Like you're a younger, that's not the same like I. So yeah, so we had a little marriage, stef, but really we just have a good time.
Speaker 8: Can you tell him about the pick your battles? I think that's an important one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Yes, you feel like everything, especially early, is something you need to win because you've always pretty much won every battle.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I don't really fight that much so with each other.
Speaker 1: Also good point. But also you're right, You're both right. You are such a type. Be go with the guy. But also it's going to be different when you do love with somebody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 10: You can't watch whatever you want to watch anymore. You can't play video games when every want to play video games anymore.
Speaker 5: You can sound like children.
Speaker 9: I bought in.
Speaker 10: I mean it's only been a few months, but I bought in from day one, and you know, I get to watch my games when I can. But if the playoffs are on and the Celtics aren't playing, I'm probably not watching every game.
Speaker 1: Because what the I'm telling you? Listen? And I always thought I got big balls. I'll do whatever I want forever. Who cares?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't watch football all day Sunday, every every Sunday because I'm watching it all day Saturday, and then Sunday comes and there's Monday night. So my wife does not say you can't watch football, But I know if I spend all day from multiple days just watching football, it's not going to feel good for me, Like it's just not. So there are things that you'll have to learn to give up. That aren't even a battle that you don't want to even exist because you have to think about her and her feelings and her emotions. Now, what's gonna be good for you. She's gonna work a whole lot because she's a new doctor.
Speaker 9: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I like to play a lot of video games too, so that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Well, she's gonna work a lot, and you don't have a job, just play video games all day, eating in the bed all day.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, the shirts on his shirt on now, because if he likes to eat in bed and he doesn't want to crumbs, he wakes.
Speaker 1: Up with a crumb trail every morning.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'll wake up on rice and like, whoa, that's why I wore my shirt.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's got to end.
Speaker 1: Mission accomplished, it's got to end. It's gonna be awesome, dude. Yeahs you're gonna love it. It is a big sacrifice for you. Does she respect.
Speaker 4: That you've really built something not just professionally, yeah, but also personally, like you have relationships all that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she understands.
Speaker 1: You only get to use that card like three times in a big way because it's a card where you're there, and don't waste it on. I moved for you. I want to watch the game.
Speaker 5: You're gonna want to waste it on.
Speaker 6: You're gonna watch what.
Speaker 1: You waste because you get like three, that's it, because it is bit because you're moving for her. You're moving for you guys, but you're moving for her and her job. If it's we're all gonna go play golf somewhere in like South Carolina, and she's like, no, but it's my uncle's birthday, and you're like, listen, I get it. But I moved here for you and I haven't seen that's one.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: Say it like that too, I moved here for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And those are the tough ones too. When you get married, Like a weekend away from her, that's a tough one. That's the one you're gonna have to have a little bit of ammon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because she's gonna work a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the most part, she's gonna be free on the weekends, so that's gonna be the time we're gonna be able to spend time together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, keep it in your keep it on your wallet. Yeah, no, no, your pin talking about keep your little your little token Okay, I get it, but I gave up a lot. I moved here for you. Please have the understanding that I need this for me. Hey, here's a keyword for my mental.
Speaker 9: Health, mental health.
Speaker 1: Health.
Speaker 6: Yeah, health.
Speaker 1: I can't say no to that.
Speaker 5: And she's a doctor. She'll understand that.
Speaker 1: Mental health manifest itself with bad physical health. And she's a doctor.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's sweet though she needs She knows I need the bro time. And you know you think that before you get married yet save. I don't know anybody here.
Speaker 10: I'm all alone.
Speaker 5: They like the you guys time better than the bro time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, but it's gonna be great.
Speaker 10: We're gonna miss you and I'm gonna miss you guys.
Speaker 5: So no, no, no, he says, coming back.
Speaker 10: I'm going to be back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be back like.
Speaker 5: Once a month. No, you're not.
Speaker 1: There's no chance. Okay, all right, No it's not a goal. No no, no, you can't prove us wrong by driving down here once a month. I told you get tired of here. That's a long enough drive that you're not just going to be able to willly nely do it. That's true, but it's not so long that you can't do it if you need to. That's true. Five hours, four four and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, traffic once a month, Yeah dude, but for.
Speaker 1: What, there's not even any things for you to do.
Speaker 6: Want to visit us out of spite?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I have some people that want me to come down and do like monthly like content shoots just to get cont but that's not us. No, but I would definitely come see you guys.
Speaker 1: We got Brandon, We're moving on. Hey, meet our new girl.
Speaker 10: I still got my fob though, I'm show up.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I'm reading too.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna be made fun of. I'm not even here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's all in love maybe, but that's already happening.
Speaker 1: That's trick true around. So let's get to some stuff and then we'll come back.
Speaker 11: Cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got to get for you guys.
Speaker 1: He's got gifts. I don't know what that means. I was even more read at the end. Okay, first, I got a lot of stuff I'd like to say, first of all, and I'm gonna use me as a perspective. But this goes for any buddy. If I send you an awesome, hilarious, relatable TikTok video and you did.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: I have not checked that and you don't respond, you know?
Speaker 5: And can I can I defend something?
Speaker 1: I've not finished my statement?
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I sent the funniest TikTok to Eddie and not even a response, not even a ha ha. So and I don't think Avan sent this audio that's in the the.
Speaker 10: Great Call.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. I didn't send it. I have it on my phone. Only it made me think about it because I went to look a see if Eddie ever responded to it. So on TikTok, I'm gonna play for my phone if you heart it. So it's from Doghouse Underscore TV, but d A W G. And so it's a priest and the priest is holding his phone out and he's getting a call. It's much like Shir Sanders and the priest gets a call to be the pope. But it's a prank call.
Speaker 5: Oh I saw it. I saw it.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yes, yes, this is it, this is it father, this is the large place.
Speaker 1: Of how's it going?
Speaker 10: How's it going good?
Speaker 5: How did we were bringing.
Speaker 6: In for poker?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, especially honor, I've been working for this for so long.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, thank you, Oh.
Speaker 10: My god, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: You probably wait a little longer.
Speaker 1: What was that? You know, so timely with the pope? And obviously I should have repared.
Speaker 10: Why did you.
Speaker 1: Ever get a response from Medie?
Speaker 5: I didn't make it, but still, no, that's great.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't in a group chat because he never knows. No, it was a one on once.
Speaker 5: That's not the problem.
Speaker 8: My phone goes into bed mode or something at nine thirty, and you sent that at what nine nine forty? So I didn't even see it till this morning, and I didn't by that time. Dude, the mornings are like chaotic. I gotta get ready to go to.
Speaker 1: Work this morning.
Speaker 4: But no, but I did see it yesterday on my own TikTok. Now we're not letting you have credit for I really did see it.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you send it to me?
Speaker 1: Why do you think it's funny have to send to me?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 5: I wasn't.
Speaker 8: I was going to send you another one though, of this Mexican guy singing a suspicious minds.
Speaker 5: Awesome. We can't go on together.
Speaker 1: No, we don't understand the contact. They don't like that. No, No, that he sucks at that he sucks at that so a couple of things. Now is speaking of the shuar thing. You know me, I've been a fan of print calls, and people are acting like the dude was offered an organ to save his life and was like, oh, no kidney for you. They're really blowing this out of proportion. I think there were There were two other people print called, though, too. They didn't make the news at least. Yes, I saw something that we know it could be. Well, how did they get those numbers? Who knows? They could also call their normal phones. Who knows, But we'll do the NFL finding the Falcons and defensive coordinator Jeff Albrick over the print call because apparently he was on an iPad. He left the iPad out, his son got the iPad likely Sorry, who cares one hundred thousand bucks to the coach the two fifty to the team. I don't feel like that's as big of a deal. Yeah, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to the Falcons, chump change. One thousand dollars to an assistant coach.
Speaker 5: That's brutal.
Speaker 1: That's big money. And I saw someone go, well, he makes like one point five a year. Okay, but let's pull taxes out of that first. So we're at like eight eighty. Now you're taking over a tenth of a salary for this fine over a prank call about getting drafted. I'm not saying there should be no punishment because if there's delicate information, it's not evenbout the prank call. It's just about them sending you information confidential that shouldn't be out. Players get fined if their playbooks end up in other places. So I'm okay with that type of treatment.
Speaker 4: We got to stop backing like this is some sort of travesty, like national travesty where should have got prank called.
Speaker 1: It's not, but we can't keep doing it.
Speaker 5: That's why they're finding like this cannot.
Speaker 1: Do It's only happening because the chaudeur. It's only happening because it became a humongous media story. Otherwise, Nope, it has just been kind of funny and the other guy's got pranks and the kid was an idiot for filling it and it wasn't The kid wasn't even doing the prank itself. He was sitting in the background. He has buddy do it for him, and you know it's crazy too.
Speaker 8: Now that shador where he released the video to his side of it. Yeah, so they didn't have any first, they didn't even need to shoot their own video.
Speaker 1: Well, they want to credit?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 1: What he means they want to credit?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: But you can always say like that's me and then people that you know, like that's your credit.
Speaker 1: Now that doesn't count, that's me. No, you want to post it on yours and go I did it because they were live streaming right when they called him. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, you want to post it on yours, but that's it, that's your giveaway, Like that's your just take me to jail.
Speaker 1: But you don't think you're going to get in trouble. You're going to think the positive you're going to get from it is going to way outweigh the negative. It wouldn't have become this massive story had it not been Shuitar and everybody reacting to it like somebody got stabbed. Had it happened just as it did, it had been fine, but all the reactions created a wave that created a wave that created this Fine. It's a prank call. Get over yourselves, everybody, it's a prank call. To a kid about getting drafted to the NFL a little bit later, right, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he didn't know that then.
Speaker 1: No, no, but it doesn't matter. You're gonna get he's gonna ge drafted, or he's gonna go as a free agent. It doesn't matter. It's a prank call that your draft position is delayed. Now you're gonna find a coach one hundred thousand dollars because it got to be a big media story. It's insane how people are acting over this call. I love prank calls. I did too, jerky boys, freaking hilarious mercer me just die, Yeah, hilarious, me doing them as a kid. I used to call one or three seven the buzz. How many times gonna fit the word penis into a call? Hilarious?
Speaker 6: Funny?
Speaker 10: Remember they kicked your dog one back.
Speaker 5: In the day. I don't think you chowed.
Speaker 10: Up in my yard and you kicked my dog. You guys don't remember that now?
Speaker 6: What mine? I guess.
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so what do you is?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 5: Is dad pissed?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: It depends? I want to say yes, unless the dad gave him the number.
Speaker 5: Then he's like, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Prank call him. But the dad, if he just left it out and up, even then you don't prank call. So I'm going to say yes, but he got on top of I don't know the level of it though, but yeah, I'm going to say yeah.
Speaker 8: Because you would think at the beginning, right like when all this was happening, and the he's upset, so he makes him apologize. He makes the kid apologize, like publicly, you have to he did that, and he did, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then should be enough.
Speaker 5: Then you get fined by the NFL.
Speaker 1: And you're like, you son of a I don't mind the NFL finding the Falcons because again, if there's confidential information, you have to protect it, and that is an organizational priority to protect confidential information. I don't mind the fine for that. But they're just going because everybody cried about it like it was something bad. It wasn't. But again, I saw two other guys get prank called as well, and you know what, their stories weren't stories because everybody wasn't crying over it. Top pics and they didn't have full camera crew, no, not yet, and because they have full camera crews with them, like had a full camera So everybody needs to shut up.
Speaker 8: You're gonna have to find them too, though, right if you find out those whoever prank.
Speaker 4: Called, the issue like it is one thousand dollars, The issue is it depends what phone number they called.
Speaker 1: So the NFL sent out specific phones that nobody had the number two. Not everybody used the specific phones. Some people just use their phones. So if you're getting if you NFL, sen's me a phone, but I'm like, no, no, just call me online. I'll answer it, and then you prank call me online. That's not the NFL's fault. There's a lot of people have my number anyway. People are acting crazy, even shoulders not even that mad about it.
Speaker 10: No, I'd be anod of our Who'm like, guys, yeah, okay, it's not a story.
Speaker 6: We're done. Yes, fine?
Speaker 1: Uh so yeah, I capt fine, one hundred thousand bucks. The other call, which was so funny, I like Will Wade. Now Will Wade, you may remember, was a really good basketball coach at LSU gott in the scandal like paying players type scandal shoes Vegas recorded m See. Basically he was doing then what people do now. It just wasn't legal then. Yeah, So should he have been penalized, Yes, because it wasn't within the rules. But was everybody doing it already? Yeah, but he got caught and is everybody doing it? Yeah yeah, doing it out? Yeah. So but I liked Will Wade and then he was just won first. He was out for a bit and he just took the NC State job because he won. Did you win two games of the tournament or one game this year before he left one at McNeese, Yeah, yeah, one? And so he goes and he's a n C State. He's gonna be a great coach. I was actually lobbying for him to get the job before Cali Perry got it at Arkansas. We didn't know. I didn't know Calipar was in the mix. Nobody did. And usually I know stuff because I give enough money where they like will include me or they'll ask me for more money. So I was big on let's get Will Wade.
Speaker 4: That was on a call like let's get Will Wade, and then out of nowhere, it was like we're hearing John calpart I like, I'll shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like Will Wade. And what's funny, I'm gonna play a clip from TikTok here and Will Wade is calling the season ticket holders to get them to renew. It's kind of funny. The head coach is calling and to bring excitement to the program. Yeah, and so he's sitting in a boardroom and he's got the cell phone on speakerphone and he's talking into the phone and the dude the answers is so funny because he doesn't believe it's Will Wade here.
Speaker 4: Teddy.
Speaker 11: Hey, this is Will Wade from nc Statement's Basketball.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 6: Yo? Yo, it's Will Wade. Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 9: I'm calling you on the season ticket list.
Speaker 11: We gotta get your renew your season tickets on the lower side line.
Speaker 10: Man, Oh, man, I'm serious. Huh, it's Wade.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 6: I'm serious, it's me.
Speaker 11: I'm called for Patrick and the ticket office's phone. We appreciate all your support and love to have your renew your season tickets and make sure you're in Lenovo ry to roll.
Speaker 6: All right, let's roll, man, let's let's get it done. I look forward to meeting you soon, brother.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I look forward to man hopefully telem All right, We're we're all happy here.
Speaker 11: Really hear you coming up here? Man, It's could be awesome.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, Teddy, thanks man, Thanks Will, thank you up. It's funny two things one doesn't believe, doesn't believe, and there's a in a in a split second, he believes, and it's just like this is so cool. It's like a media. He's like, no way, who the f is? This is so cool?
Speaker 5: Like thanks coach.
Speaker 1: He goes, thanks Will, and then he's like nope, thanks coach. He's like, yes, So that thought that was really cool. Uh, we should go you should reach out to kind of state. I would go over there because one rally is awesome and there we can probably do a few things over there, but to we should go shoot, see if they'll have us over the basketball and talk to your coach.
Speaker 4: Coach, coach Will Yeah, because they grasp for air over there.
Speaker 1: Raley Durham because think about it, North Carolina and Duke and NC State fighting for oxygen over there. I would do a show. I did a show once at Durham Theater and Duke and North Carolina were playing in the AC Championship game the same night, and I knew people wanted to watch another phone you remember the shit? Were you there? I was there, and so I didn't even go out. I came out. I was like, guys, I'm gonna let you watch the game, and so I let they find I went on later.
Speaker 4: I never so you got on stage and then you walk back because their phones. A lot of people are watching their phones. I never want to be late.
Speaker 1: However, I did want to respect that they were all in that town, those two teams from that town relatively to the Triangle, playing each other, and I was like, I'll be back after the game.
Speaker 6: But we also wanted to watch it too.
Speaker 1: We did, but I didn't care as much because I had a show. But it was and so I waited, but then went out. And the worst thing to do is to mention a sports team on stage, and I've done it, even like tuskell Uf. I'm like, hey, Alabama, down the road, you get like seven people to go war Eagle and they start to screaming each other, not fighting, but then it turns into like a shouting match of like, let's represent So I never do that. But I made the mistake of mentioning again when I was on stage, and then someone goes wolf Back and then here we go tar but it was like two wolf packs versus like all the rest Tar Hills and Blue Devils not much. So they're fighting for autis up there. That'd be cool we should get Okay, So that was that we should put this up.
Speaker 4: We usually record this on Thursday afternoon, which is kind of where we are now. We can put this up the same day, can't we? Because I want to about the playoff last night a little bit. Oh yeah, because it would be if we did it Friday. Uh, and then even leave this up. But the Lakers lost.
Speaker 1: That sucks. It's also good, but it sucks. I like the star power and also bet on the Lakers not a ton. But right when Luca went over, can someone answer me the question? I think it has been asked a thousand times. How do you play basketball all the time, run up and on the court all the time, and still have like an extra fifteen pounds on Yeah, diet, okay, but you would think you would need the right fuel to run up and down the court.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 5: And Nico Harrison was onto something.
Speaker 1: Or I'm not even hating, I'm just I don't understand how that happened.
Speaker 5: Could it be genetics?
Speaker 12: It's just kind of your Eastern European guys are a little, and we're talking about Lucia.
Speaker 1: But to be a professional ath.
Speaker 8: Like I look at Luca, you weren't talking about Lebron, No, got it, total opposite.
Speaker 1: Even my body if running up and down that I would have no choice but to be in really great shape. I'm just surprised his body is not in great shape. Even if he has terrible habits outward, you would need to have somewhat decent habits inward just to give you the fuel to be able to compete, which he does and hard is it so genetics?
Speaker 12: I mean, he doesn't play defense, so I guess maybe that's why the it's crazy.
Speaker 10: Do you think there's a big difference between him and Jokic as far as body type goes.
Speaker 1: Which is bigger? I would say yo one. Yokic is taller and the position Yokic plays, even though the running but back and forth. Yeah, Luca has to move around a bit more than Yokic does. I mean Yokich is a center or a four, and not that they don't have the same court to run down. But I do think it's different. But yeah, but it's a great example.
Speaker 10: Jokic looks tired from the tip though every game but he's just out there balling.
Speaker 5: And he just throws the ball up and it goes in.
Speaker 6: Over his head.
Speaker 1: He was like, did you see Steph's thumb?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, crazy, Oh my gosh. So Houston ended up winning the game, so three to two as of right now. But Steph's thumb looks like an elbow.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's like a whole other appendition. Is that his left or right?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw a picture of it, and I was asleep when the game ended, So.
Speaker 5: That was then early one.
Speaker 10: I think it's the right hand, right, it is right.
Speaker 1: I try to fall asleep early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, started seven it No, I think that was the one that ended around eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, then that's probably awake. I just assumed because it was Houston and gold State of the late game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, la was.
Speaker 1: I didn't even try. I didn't even try, Like, what was it being sure? I didn't see the Lakers either. I just saw it this morning.
Speaker 10: The game the other night, oh Denver, that was like nine o'clock it started.
Speaker 4: I can't do with the Lakers one as a brutal It's weird because the Bucks are out and so now John is probably not going to be a buck next year.
Speaker 5: How about all the altercations stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Caliburn's dad so dumb, and even Halliburn I liked, I like how and Haliburton, I can see how you can grind on people. But he plays for the Pacers, which nobody hates the Pacers. So even if the most hated player on the team that's not hated, isn't that hated. Yeah, and they're not on national TV a whole lot because it's not even though they're really good and I think they're going to push Cleveland, but Cleveland's awesome. But Halliburn's it doesn't seem like I probably be friends with them, but he probably definite wouldn't have been friend with me. Look at me. But afterward in the press conference is two days ago, but he's like, yeah, my dad was wrong.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: He was like, my dad was wrong, and I gonna have a talk with him, and I was like respect. But also it had been cool if that you got to have a little few you know that rolled over because I like feeds like remember Harden and Giannis. Oh yeah, when Harden was like he's big, of course he can do it, and y'all like No, I'm skilled too, But I like feuds. Remember Zach Brown and Luke Bryan way back in the day.
Speaker 12: What Country Beef.
Speaker 1: I think Zach.
Speaker 5: Brown stealing his image kind of thing.
Speaker 1: No Brown making fun of him like his music or something something like. It's been a long time, But I like a little need. Who doesn't I want to do one, But I would like to find somebody to feud with that can actually they can play the game I don't.
Speaker 5: We tried to do. We tried that listener and play.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's a difference.
Speaker 6: I would Sweeny.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even mind who Dabo. Here's the thing. I wouldn't even mind it being set up and talking about it on this show and letting our guys here that listen to this be insiders on it. Like we're about to set this feed up. It's not gonna be real, but play along, right, because we know Jake Paul doesn't really hate the people these box We know boxers MMA fighters don't really hate the person they're playing against. But I wish there were somebody that could take almost like take a joke because I wouldn't go jugular. The problem that I have if it's real I get really mean, really competitive. All my energy goes into it and I don't stop until you die. Right, It's very unhealthy.
Speaker 6: It's been a lot of a lot of people die.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like I hate my enemies.
Speaker 1: I don't really have any right now, and.
Speaker 6: I don't want to one.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't really want to. I don't even want want any. I don't want any because it's it's I'm not healthy. I'm not healthy about it. Yeah, but I would love to have somebody that could play that part and I could go on like sixty percent on them and we go at each other because I can take it. But who would that be? Are you talking athlete or somebody that would do it back, like an artist or somebody. But it has to be somebody coming on the same level. I don't want to punch down. And if I punched so far up, they're not gonna respond.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 4: Jelly Roll, I wouldn't go after Jelly Roll though he's so beloved.
Speaker 1: I would just get.
Speaker 2: Crushed like that would make you the village.
Speaker 10: The Swifties would come after the jelly Roll, swiftiest.
Speaker 6: Ye come after you.
Speaker 1: I would love to have a good feud because they're fun for everybody. Yeah, including myself. I just don't have the person that I would even feel comfortable calling up and be like, hey, you want to do this, Like let's just go to each other a little bit, get people talking about it. There are two ways to get talked about one day, or marry somebody famous like a couple. What's an artist do that? Or have a few with somebody because those are the stories people love.
Speaker 10: M h. What about Like, I don't know why it pop my head like.
Speaker 1: Lee Bryce, I already had a real one with him. We can't go down that road, Like I have to like not hate Lee. It wasn't his fault, but he kind of like stepped in and stop his band member from being a douche.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can't talk about that, okay.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's history there that I've had to drop that one. Okay, so it doesn't exist in me.
Speaker 1: It started to poke his head out right then it doesn't exist in me because it's not a Lee thing. But I do think Lee could have not like told his basis to shut up and stop trying to kick us off the stage. We're playing in Saint Louis at a festival together was a guitar.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: He's been a total like.
Speaker 5: And it might have even been the tech really not even remember.
Speaker 1: It was funny you say that because I think I have no idea about this. I think I likely because people I like likely and Lee didn't do it. But Lee also never stepped in to be like, oh, I'm sorry, my dad tried to beat you up there. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'll have a talk with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have a chat. Boxing's biggest weekend is here in Draft Kings sports book is bringing the Heat. It all kicks off Friday in Times Square as Ryan Garcia, Devin Haney and the Femo Lopez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good job, dude.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He loved when a white guy can say something totally white that light up New York City. I'm assuming the femo Lopez is a Hispanic fella.
Speaker 5: I think he is. Think he is both Garcia too.
Speaker 1: Oh Garcia. Though it doesn't have to be it can't. I mean, I assume, but not like he's first name man last names like Sergio, I guess is not.
Speaker 5: I know he is. He's Spanish. Yeah, he's Spanish, Andy Garcia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think probably Garcia.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. The King returns Canelo Alvarez and Ello back on his own pay per view, and Sunday, it's a can't miss moment. Noia in a Way makes his electrifying US debut in Las Vegas. This is a fight weekend for history books and Draft Kings sports Book at your front row seat to all the actions you need to Draft Kings. You're gonna love this new customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. That's right. Five bucks gets you two hundred to play with cash in on boxing's biggest weekend ever with Draft Kings sports Book. Download the DraftKings sports Book app used to code Bobby Sports. That's code Bobby Sports to unlock two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you place a five dollars bet only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why or text and why that's four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help was available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Booto Casino and Resort, Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Traditional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: How many of you guys by show of I saw the hazing lacrosse story? I oh, so two of you boys that haven't heard the story race yourselves?
Speaker 5: Reed, you haven't heard the story.
Speaker 1: No man read, especially you set up toll and straight there you go. Eleven students from West Hill High in Syracuse, New York, have surrendered to authorities following a severe hazing incident involving younger members of the school's boys lacrosse team. The students were given a forty eight hour ultimatum by Onondaga County distric Attorney Will Patrick turned themselves in for felony kidnapping charges that they were going to face felony kidnapping charges. All have since been charged with misdemeanor unlawful imprisonment. He condemned the act as hazing on steroids. So and this isn't part of the story. So I'm gonna have to go for a memory here for CBS News. What had happened was they took the younger kids, told them they were going to a fast food restaurant maybe McDonald Donald's, and said, hey, we're going to go on the way. The driver started acting lost, and as they were lost, they like pulled over and all the other guys from the team came out from the like the woods or the sides of the road and like guns kidnapped them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Upstate New York, baby Casey and guns and knives.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if how real the guns were. It could have been fake. It didn't matter.
Speaker 5: Maybe they were fake guns.
Speaker 1: You're being You're still being held at gunpoint.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 1: They were hazing the younger kids on a team.
Speaker 8: And didn't they take them to the woods as well, like I think so, yeah, and then leave them there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two things. One one bad decision by these kids. We hope it doesn't affect their whole life, because this is a bad decision that you can't do. And hopefully there'll be a couple of the older kids step in and go, no, we shouldn't do this with the fake guns and stuff they did it. I don't think this should be like there's no such things that permanent record, but on their permanent record forever, because nobody really got hurt. I don't think he just scared the crap out of them forever. Yeah, so they'll get their punishment. I hope it's crazy and it's wild to talk about, but I hope it does not follow them forever and like keep them out of colleges that kind of thing. I hope their dad doesn't find a hundred thousand dollars for the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yes, that'd be terrible. We should have should have heard about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other than so, but read this happened to read not the guns.
Speaker 10: And knives part.
Speaker 9: But but yes, I did get left in the woods.
Speaker 1: So take it from the beginning. At the beginning. Yeah, man, I was born and across at Arkansas.
Speaker 10: Ah. Man, Well, I woke up and I knew it was a frat.
Speaker 9: It was a frat.
Speaker 1: You're pledging.
Speaker 4: I was pledging for the second time because I went through and got cut the first time. Like all the way at the end too, this is terrible. Yeah, the older dudes didn't like me very much. I was doing a lot of music and they're like this.
Speaker 10: John Mayer, dude is gonna do coming here? Nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at you now, I know man? Anyway, Yeah I knew. I knew we were doing something that night. Didn't know what it was. What did you think it could be? Like, did you think it's gonna be a hazing thing? It's always it's always something. It's always like a learning thing to where it's like we don't know what we're doing, but we just all have to line up and then we we have to get blindfolded and go in and then something happens. Something happens. I don't know for the most part. I mean, it's it's all like learning stuff.
Speaker 5: Like by learning stuff, like it's a lesson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not like they don't like freaking whip you or you know if you think, yeah, okay, yeah, so yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Thought you were gonna go into a room and then we're gonna teach you about the history of the frat exactly scare you and the teach about history of the fly.
Speaker 4: And this was the scariest one because it was a lesson. So we did get we we got in a vehicle, we were blindfolded and.
Speaker 1: How did they get you in the vehicle.
Speaker 4: We're we're on a line, and then we basically just have to stay behind, like the dude that's in front of us.
Speaker 5: If you're blindfolded, how do you know where the dude in front.
Speaker 4: Of We're like, we're like holding got it? You know, so you're blindfolding. Then put into a line. Yeah, put into a line.
Speaker 1: Do you have a clothes on?
Speaker 9: I got my clothes on and you're holding waist?
Speaker 1: Right, that's it just like the conga line exactly.
Speaker 9: It's it's a yeah, it's a large congo line.
Speaker 10: Go ahead exactly. So then we get split up.
Speaker 4: Some people get put in one vehicle, others get put in the other. We get in there and then they start blaring music and that's when you.
Speaker 6: Know, hicles the Rooster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's like going on for like forty five minutes, dude, And essentially do.
Speaker 1: You know that song Kevin?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. So I'm like, dude, I'm about to die.
Speaker 9: I'm literally about to die.
Speaker 4: We're driving it's like it's at this point, it's probably nine ten o'clock at night, and they actually have just been driving us in.
Speaker 9: Circles for forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: So if it feels like we're just going so far off campus that we're just like, did.
Speaker 6: You ever think to take to look or were they no?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 10: Well they were bags, they weren't what what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Bags choked like they do and like the FBI c and they put a bag over your head.
Speaker 6: What could you breathe? Yeah, you could bring a hole.
Speaker 9: A little net. No, there's no holes.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't sit, You couldn't cheat, You couldn't cheat, go ahead, couldn't cheat.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So for forty five minutes, I was like, this is it?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what what to expect. So anyway, we end up getting out.
Speaker 1: Are there other dudes next to you? Can you still touch them? Are they like you know you're I know.
Speaker 4: There's one dude next to me? It yeah, And I'm like, we're in this together, man. And so we finally come to a stop and they take us out and we get in the line again and.
Speaker 9: They're like, yeah, line.
Speaker 4: And they take us out into the woods and I can I can. I can tell we're in the woods because you're crumpling on you know, leaves and whatnot. You can smell the woods.
Speaker 1: It's not a goo story, Broch tell it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, anyway, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: What happens next?
Speaker 1: Book, He pulls out a flashlight and pump it under his chin.
Speaker 10: He will never guess what happened next, Just like literally, that's where it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we walk out, and then all of a sudden, they're like, okay, stay for just a little bit longer. Count to fifty, Like okay, what's about to happen here?
Speaker 9: Remember, I know, or whatever?
Speaker 10: You count whatever, count to one hundred, but it wasn't fifty, one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, backward, go ahead, and so we did.
Speaker 4: And then at that point I realized that I heard a bunch of footsteps around me just dissipate into the woods. And I knew there's no one left, you know, to the left of me, no one to the right to me. Whatever, And so I count, I get to the end, I take I take the deal off, and I'm like, yes.
Speaker 9: Exactly exactly what I figured would happened.
Speaker 4: I'm it's dark, I'm in the middle of the woods, and I've got no idea where I'm at.
Speaker 9: So this is fantastic.
Speaker 4: They just left you, well, they did they did it to everyone, but they they scattered us around.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, And so.
Speaker 4: At that point I'm just like, well, I don't have my phone. I'm just gonna start walking. So I just start walking in one direction, and I see this little light out in the middle of the woods, and then I go to it, and then yes, I see this light out in the middle of the woods. So I get closer and closer, and I slowly start to see a silhouette of a man standing beside the light.
Speaker 1: So I get.
Speaker 9: Closer and closer and closer, and.
Speaker 5: It's my blood brother. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: And they actually have they actually have like dudes that are standing out there with like little signs that it's basically at that point we realize it's a learning lesson. We have to follow this trail and there's like little signs and they have like stories with them and stuff that goes back to the history of the fraternity.
Speaker 9: And all that.
Speaker 10: So it's it wasn't as It wasn't as bad as.
Speaker 6: You would think.
Speaker 1: So did you join the frat?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I made it through.
Speaker 1: But did you join I joined?
Speaker 10: Yeah, huh, I got initiated.
Speaker 1: I guess. I don't think he was a frat guy. Yeah, man, because you never talk about it, and usually people I know that we're in frats, it comes up at some point. It's like if you do CrossFit or you're a vegan, at some point that those come up in the conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what did they do to you?
Speaker 1: You can talk like a Jewish stick man on this page point where they touched you.
Speaker 6: Oh my, yeah, this is safe space.
Speaker 4: But now, dude, we didn't really have any like actual like there was no physical hazing, none of that stuff. It was just all psychological stuff, so which which for me is worse.
Speaker 6: I could never go in the woods again.
Speaker 4: A lot of stuff like you know, pretending you know everyone's pit to you and the whole frat hate you like that stuff, And for me being a people pleaser, I'm like, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Go freaking kill myself or something. What did I do? Dude?
Speaker 10: You real dark area?
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Dude, I wasn't in a frat. I wasn't cool enough. I had to work. I'm not anti. I was an anti. I just was never part of the world I was able to be in. I didn't run, I didn't do any of that. I also didn't drink and that was really that's what lured people to want to do. It was like your college and it's like eighteen, let me drink. So I didn't drink. So I was never even drawn to want to be in a frat. But I wasn't like anti because I had friends in them. But so no, for me ran away in a frat.
Speaker 12: Kevin, no Casey, I was, yeah, you see similar stories?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, Okay, can I ask you to a question. I'd always heard the legend of the elephant walk. No elephant walk, that's not a real thing.
Speaker 12: I heard that a fraternity, a neighboring fraternity, did the elephant walk.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar ready?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 5: All right, I know the elephant walk.
Speaker 8: Okay, well that's what I thought he was talking about when he said they were following each other.
Speaker 1: No, I think that you guys. So if guys say we all were they put us uh in a circle or conger line whatever, we're all naked. You have to reach to the guy in front of his legs and grab his trunk and then.
Speaker 5: Walk like that and then you all just walking along walk.
Speaker 1: That's called the elephant walk. And I don't know if that's real or just made up and.
Speaker 6: We're not doing that today, are we?
Speaker 5: We are?
Speaker 6: Okay, Brandon.
Speaker 1: Rid has submitted three things he'd like to do before he leave.
Speaker 6: I never got to do this. I really wanted to go up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: I always just think of an old school with a pledge where they throw the weights off the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that one sucks. That hurts. Think about what you want to rethought of that one? Okay? I read that's your last day. I don't know what you want to do. I don't know what gifts you have, have no idea, So what do you want to do? Well?
Speaker 4: First, I just want to say I appreciate every single one of you, and I'm going to miss you and Bobby.
Speaker 9: You have done so much for me.
Speaker 4: I come into Nashville like obviously love to do photo film stuff like that. The magnitude of what I've gotten to do here is insane and it's all thanks to you. So I appreciate you and everything you're gonna still continue to do for me.
Speaker 1: Waits there, Yeah to do for me.
Speaker 10: You're a friendship, our friendship.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was gonna say, I really.
Speaker 6: Like to play it over everything you promise.
Speaker 4: You've been so great I can't wait to see what else you're gonna think for me. I do have something for you guys to remember me by. Is it all separate or different? No, it's all the same thing.
Speaker 1: So it's the same for everybody. Same blind bags over her head.
Speaker 10: Yeah, close your eyes, closed, eyes, we will yeah.
Speaker 1: Nobody look until Red says it's okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold one second, guys, okay, so we all have our eyes closed.
Speaker 1: But Bobby, I'm now walking in the woods leaves read what are you doing? We got to describe what's happening because I can't see anything.
Speaker 4: All right, So I'm taking it out of the bag and I'm about to go set it on.
Speaker 6: I want to use desk.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, some second.
Speaker 5: I feel like it do something bad.
Speaker 1: How many do you have? I got four?
Speaker 11: Five?
Speaker 1: I lost one of them.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't get Brandon is the newest or probably not brand?
Speaker 6: Probably mean we don't do we have to be naked just in case. Hold on, this is weird.
Speaker 10: I don't even hear him.
Speaker 6: The rooster.
Speaker 1: Open open. Oh Reed gave us a picture of him that says gone but never forgotten. A picture of him beautiful. Look his face. You know what's funny.
Speaker 5: I'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is a terrible picture of you, and I think you've lost like fifteen pounds since this.
Speaker 6: Picture for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah you picked this picture. I don't know. I just you know, you've lost a bunch of what you worked hard.
Speaker 10: I thought it just it really expressed who I am.
Speaker 5: No, that means he didn't put a lot of you didn't get it?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Look at the graph picture on it. First of all, I got two things to say. Number one, you gave us a picture of you as our gift. Yeah, it kind of sucks. I was hoping for chocolate.
Speaker 5: Chocolate have been nice.
Speaker 1: Number Two, Eddie's hating on you right now this picture. Asked Eddy what he got me for my birthday? Ask he knows, he knows what I got to Yeah, make him say it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I know what you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta ask him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, what'd you get?
Speaker 8: What'd you I got Bobby a picture of Joe Burrow and Bobby a memorable moment.
Speaker 1: Just printed it out. It's not a real picture. He just printed out like this. So don't let him hate on you for just printing out a picture.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying, he just picked what picture?
Speaker 4: Gonna throw on that. Obviously, it's an old picture, but it has gone but never forgotten. An honorary whistler. If you're not honorary, you're literal.
Speaker 5: You're a whistler.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you're still alive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: I just don't want you guys forget me, all right.
Speaker 5: We won't. I honestly don't think we can ever ever forget.
Speaker 1: It is a terrible gift, though, like you really built it up, made to shut our eyes and everything.
Speaker 5: But you know what, these frames they're not cheap.
Speaker 6: So you could take it.
Speaker 10: You put whatever you want in there. He changes.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. We gotta take one more break hold on. The NBA playoffs are finally here and it's about to get wild with all the high stakes drama, insane buzzer beaters, jaw dropping dunks, and guess what. Draft Kings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit Boost every single game, every single game, all playoffs long. Check out the app for that day special boost. Don't miss out. It's time to cash in while the action heats up. Download the Draft Kings Sports book app use the code Bobby Sports. One word Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports. To get your profit boosts for every NBA playoff game only on Draft Kings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hoping and y that's four six seven three six nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling Call eighty eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Blu Hill BECAUSEEEO in Resort, Kansas. Twitter on plus, age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boost per game after opt in boost expires at the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos.
Speaker 4: Okay, read, this is your final show Man show. It's that's it. We're done.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you'll be back every month, so we'll see you on.
Speaker 5: What he says.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I'm just gonna show up. I got my fob and everything.
Speaker 1: So you're moving though your first we'll turn that thing off. But your first week there, you're by yourself. You're what your fiance is not even there.
Speaker 9: No, she's not even there.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be at the loube by yourself.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna be at the loub by myself.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna be setting up my studio stuff.
Speaker 1: So, and you have her. You have an office in your house your yeah, yeah, we got.
Speaker 9: A two bedroom just so that I have a I have an office.
Speaker 8: You know, that'll be the baby's room, saying no, dude, baby's going somewhere else needs work.
Speaker 10: I thought the answer would be, were gonna wait a minute, where living.
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna let her finish the three years or whatever first before you have a baby.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. We I mean, dude, we're just rolling, okay, just roll. Who knows, just roll?
Speaker 5: Not the good times roll.
Speaker 1: You see John Elway's agent and business partner like so. I thought at first it was on a golf course because they says fell off a golf cart. But it sounds like they were out. They were what's the festival? So they were yeah. I think it may have been like stage coach or Coachell or whatever. But they were all four on a golf cart and they weren't playing golf. They were like just driving the golf cart back to a place.
Speaker 10: I'm sure it's like one of those nice souped up golf carts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they were what's it called pump springs.
Speaker 1: Within my story, I think there was a mess up here in the printing because it says Johnny Always, long time business partner, an agent, died from golf cart injuries. And then it says the Cleveland Cavaliers one thirty eight eighty three went over the Miami heat forced their play. So I have two stories.
Speaker 5: One's part of the same story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think maybe he was standing on the back of it or something like that, or but.
Speaker 12: Like how fast you have to go to Well, they did say that there was nothing reckless.
Speaker 8: Well, so far the investigation has shown that there was no no reckless driving on John Elway's part, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wild Yeah, you flipped in a golf cart once.
Speaker 6: I did really almost died.
Speaker 1: Hilarious because he didn't. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life because I've never seen a golf cart go tumbling and flipping and Eddie was in it.
Speaker 8: To this day, I won't drive a golf cart. I play a lot of golf, but I won't drive. So story the story.
Speaker 1: He was going down a hill real fast, our buddy, Okay, let me.
Speaker 8: Tell the story. I was going down a hill real fast. My buddy, our buddy, was in the faster side. He's a bigger fella, and we were We got a lot of speed and the governor wasn't working. There was no slowing down. We were flying down the hill. And I initially did it to scare him because he's like slow down. I'm like, a yeah, we're going fast. And then I thought like, okay, there's there's no slowing down because every time I hit.
Speaker 5: The gas pedal it was sticking.
Speaker 8: So I was like, if I hit the gas, we're gonna slide, spin, probably flip over. So I thought it'd be a better idea to kind of slow roll into the grass and let the grass slow us down and then we would slowly kind of just end up stopping. What I didn't see was there was tall grass, and underneath the tall grass was a ditch that was probably two three feet deep, and so when the golf cart hit it, it hit the ditch, flipped over, and all I remember, man, I was on the floorboard. The golf car was on our buddy Steve on top of the top of it.
Speaker 1: It like cut Steven half, like it landed on him.
Speaker 5: He's no longer with us, Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Know, he's but Eddie was in the floorboard that he had stayed the momentum kept him in the cart on the floorboards.
Speaker 5: And then Bobby and then Bobby like comes up.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh my gosh, what's going on, guys, I'm scared for a second.
Speaker 5: And other carts come up too to just check on everyone. And then this guy goes, here are you Bobby Bones, Oh my god. And then Bobby's like yeah, yeah, yeah, man. He's like I love your radio show.
Speaker 8: And they Bobby started talking to the fan and like he took pictures of the fan and they were trying to get the golf cart off.
Speaker 1: I took pictures of them, and they were like, they're pissed, not at me at first, they were just scared and mad. Yeah, and they were like stop taking pictures. I like, you guys, will you'll appreciate this in like two years, I promise. I'm just taking pictures the whole time. But you could have died.
Speaker 5: You should have died. You break anything. No, we were We're good. Wow. I can't play golf on that golf course anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty dak traumatized. List So what happened? It may have the story because my story was copy and pasted wrong.
Speaker 10: It just says that it happened Saturday night and then went to the hospital. But I can't see anything as far as is it lakinta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't that what weren't there at Coachella stage coach? I mean that'd be stage coach this last weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, was that palm I read Palm Spring Okay, maybe not.
Speaker 6: It's the same.
Speaker 10: I mean Palm Springs, and it's all right there.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we leave it an after party of stage coach.
Speaker 5: Yep, Oh dang, that sucks.
Speaker 6: I too.
Speaker 5: Thought they were playing golf and read.
Speaker 1: Were playing yesterday and I told me, I was like, hey, we gotta be careful, like this just happened. And I thought that I just fell out of the golf cart playing golf.
Speaker 4: Okay, Read, that's it, buddy, We're gonna miss you. Read I guess so I'm gonna see you later today.
Speaker 9: Yeah you will. Yeah yeah, three o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this ain't this act end for me and you. But the last time you see these guys all seriousness.
Speaker 9: I really do appreciate.
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch Rudy that was your one?
Speaker 6: I didn't watch Rudy.
Speaker 10: Well, he doesn't have a job anymore.
Speaker 8: Read that major senioritis, like big time, Like he didn't come to our last workouts and probably had what four word three?
Speaker 1: He's been producing the ACM Special like crazy.
Speaker 5: No, but it's almost like he was like, I'm just dying.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you to watch Rudy. He's been dying more than ever before because this ACM Special and Rudy to say that. I got to read on this.
Speaker 6: I've been watching this dude work as bammer for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, hey hammering now stacking them may uh Red.
Speaker 5: I'm miss you, man, miss your buddy.
Speaker 6: Elephant walk everybody, let's go get out of.
Speaker 5: Good luck with everything read thanks man. I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Andre actually played in the professional pickleball tournament the dominant. He won his debut match.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not the same he's older, though too right, he's playing against twenty two year old also like Pelagia Apprentice Reunion.
Speaker 5: Maybe in pickleball that'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: He played Andy Roddick. They played each other in the tournament where they played singles and they did doubles. Yeah, it's not as easy as like you were good at tennis, because if you're older, you're playing against like twenty two year old collegiate tennis players that have decided to play pickle ball. But he won us first, and so it really, you know, pushes me to get better.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can feud with him.
Speaker 1: I got a tournament coming out, Dang I get killed. No, But he's like Andy's hero, and so I feel like I know him through Andy. But I've never been to Vegas for any of the stuff. Now, I don't think so. I've met a lot of those people, but I don't think I met him. I met Sampras, No, you met Pete, I met Federer, the nicest guy ever met Na doll Rember a little quirky, a little weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you ever meet Serena?
Speaker 1: Yes, at a party, a super Bowl party in Miami. I met Serena and he asked me get out of here.
Speaker 9: Dude, No, that's sick. That was like it was like flex man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. I met her the same time I met Roger Goodell. Hardest handshake ever experienced. Close enough.
Speaker 5: All Right, thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: We will We'll see you Monday. We'll be readless and love you guys. Watch Rudy and we'll call you on the phone. Okay, at some point I will put you on. All right, eddy boy, all right, see you guys. Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, Segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, Video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro. But most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time. Here on twenty five whistles