Speaker 1: Christian McCaffrey is officially questionable for Sunday. Don't panic, don't Benjamin. Fantasy Kyle Shanahan says McCaffrey should be good to go against the Buck, So what kind of impact could he make out of the gate. We will tell you the latest from Santa Clara. Another week, another totally ridiculous Lamar Jackson highlight reel, and once again it'll be playing over and over in the Bengals Nightmares. Our guy Baldy's gonna be here, as is camp Wolf, to help us break down how the Ravens keep flying. Also, it is Week ten and that means Adam Rank is here with his top ten fantasy starts.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert. If you played against Jamar Chase last night, you already lost.
Speaker 1: Welcome inside with the Insiders alongside Ian Rappaport and Judy Batista.
Speaker 2: I am Tom Pelisero.
Speaker 1: What a way to kick off Week ten last night unless you're a Bengals fan. But for everybody else, what a game, What a way to get us for. We've got so many more awesome matchups coming up to on Sunday. We've got the Commanders going up against the Steelers. We got Sunday Night football with the Lions and the Texans, and we've got an NFC East showdown in his Cowboys Eagles in Dallas, where the news does not get any better right now for the health of Dak Prescott, Stephen Jones, the Cowboys executive vice president, fulfilling the daily obligation by law that someone from the Cowboys needs to be on the radio locally at all times, joining a show called g Bag Nation and saying in part is probably no way he's back in the four week timeframe, So we will put him on IR. We'll have that roster spot to use in terms of the next four weeks and go from there. Obviously a tough, tough situation, Jones continued, losing him for a period of time.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it's in the best interest to Dak.
Speaker 1: And right now now, I don't think anyone knows whether four weeks, six weeks, or the season.
Speaker 3: Ian.
Speaker 1: We know that this was something that was much more significant than anybody really even expected coming out of Sunday.
Speaker 2: They knew that.
Speaker 1: Off the MRI, they're gathering more information, and obviously the information right now is not very good.
Speaker 4: No, not very good.
Speaker 3: Now there's a couple of reasons why a player such as Dak Prescott would get a second opinion or a third opinion, or give it, send scans to an expert and have him just kind of read it. Let me know what you think. The reason is they do not know. And really what we're talking about here, Tom, is is it going to be bad, which it already is, or is it going to be really really bad, which would mean Dak Prescott having surgery and likely being out for the season. And I would say being out for the season is already a possibility because I know how to read a calendar a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Not all the time, but a lot of times.
Speaker 3: If Dak Prescott is going to be out four weeks, and he is Stephen Jordenes said he's going to be put on ir, then that takes him let's see today is No.
Speaker 5: Or eighth.
Speaker 3: That takes him to early December. If he's out six weeks, it takes you to the middle of December. That is almost to the end of the season. And unless Cooper Rush is going to be Dak Prescott or the Cooper Rush from twenty twenty two, then the Cowboys may be out of it by then. And then there's no way you're going to bring back Dak Prescott anyway. So really what we're talking about here, Judy, is is it.
Speaker 4: Going to be bad or really really bad?
Speaker 3: And then are we going to see the Cowboys star quarterback for the rest of the season. I know Stephen Jones said they're doing what's best for Dak. My understanding is there's really not any choice here. It's not like he wants to play, and they're like, it's a bad injury and he's not going to play for a while.
Speaker 6: Well, this feels inevitable, and it's really felt inevitable since earlier in the week when it was clear that this was going to be worse than a short term, you know, just a few week kind of the injury. I mean, you're right, the calendar dictates where we are. If it's a six week injury, you're already close to the end of the season. And let's be real about this. The season is already starting to slip away, and unless again Cooper Rush goes in there and turns the entire season upside down, it is probably going to continue to slip slowly away. And so then why would you ever push to get Dak Prescott back on the field. When Stephen Jones said we've got to do what's best for Dak Prescott, that means that even though Dak Prescott surely wants to play and is surely trying to figure out a way to play and maybe even looking for a doctor who would say that he has a chance to play, they've got to be careful and they have to protect him from himself. And certainly, if we get into mid December and he is still not on the field and the season is really out of reach, you got to think we are not going to see Dak Prescott for the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Cowboys are three and five and they get set to host the six and two Eagles. Dallas is zero to three at home this season for so many different reasons. This is a massive, massive game, and it is going to be Cooper Rush under center for now and de foreseeable future. Forty nine Ers fans know a thing or two about moving injury timelines. Christian McCaffrey, who wasn't participating in training camp. It was supposed to be okay by week one, then he had pain. We still haven't seen him, but it seems like we are headed toward Christian McCaffrey being on the field at last Sunday against the Bucks. Let's see if the Bay Area media can nail this down with Kyle shanning it, with Christian being questionable, is that a situation where you can't list him you have to listen his questionable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, take him off IR or whatever it is tomorrow and then he'll be good to go. So, unless something crazy happens on this plane ride, he should be good to go tomorrow once it gets off IR.
Speaker 2: The old Christian in practice this week?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, I hit a good week.
Speaker 1: Not sure Kyle's beard was that gray when Christian McCaffrey first missed the game here. It's been a long time Ian, it seems though, barring some type of, like you said, a setback on the trip here, we're gonna see Christian McCaffrey. But what virgin and how much of Christian McCaffrey are we going to see out of the gate?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you know, we sort of joked about Matt Lafour hating more than maybe anything in the entire world, answering injury questions about Jordan Love. I think we've now found a worthy adversary. I'm not sure that Kyle Shanahan hates anything more than having to answer questions about Christian McCaffrey's health for like two months.
Speaker 8: In a row.
Speaker 4: Good news, we're basically there.
Speaker 3: That might be the last time, hopefully, fingers crossed, we have to talk about Christian McCaffrey's health, because it does seem like he's going to play, barring some sort of high knee incident on the plane.
Speaker 4: All Russell Wilson, he's playing.
Speaker 3: That said, Judy, the landscape of Christian McCaffrey has changed dramatically since he went out. He was the belcow when he went out, he was the best player on their team, and he was the guy who had twenty to twenty five touches a game because he is that good, and he was also really the only answer at running back.
Speaker 9: That is not the case anymore.
Speaker 3: Jordan Mason came on became one of the best runners in football just based on his production. They now can spell McCaffrey, They now can pull them off the field. They say, you know what, if we want to give them twelve touches, that's fine because we have someone else who can do it, not as well, but kind of almost as well. It is a much better healthier situation for McCaffrey and for the forty nine ers. It's not like great for your fantasy team, but I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan cares that much about that anyway.
Speaker 6: It is a great situation for the forty nine ers, and a big part of the reason why it's a great situation for the forty nine ers is because they did exactly what they had to do.
Speaker 10: While they had all of these injuries piling.
Speaker 6: Up, especially McCaffrey's, they stayed afloat, they stayed in range. They did not drop so far out of the NFC West picture that none of this matters. They're in range. They did lose two division games, so they've got some catching up to do, but it's all in front of them. They've still got division games ahead of them. They are clearly in the NFC playoff mix and they are in the NFC West mix, So everything lined up. As as rough as the first half of the season has been in some ways for the forty nine ers and as atypical as it has been, and they certainly haven't looked like themselves with all of the injuries, they did everything they could possibly do, and they are in as good a position as they could possibly have hoped for with all of these injuries now going into.
Speaker 10: The second half of the season, and again, the fact.
Speaker 6: That they don't have to lean as heavily on McCaffrey as they have in the past is just a bonus.
Speaker 10: They're in a great spot right now.
Speaker 1: As Ian said, of the forty nine ers are equipped to spell McCaffrey. Hopefully the equipment staff can also spell McCaffrey since for the first time since twenty twenty three, they got to stitch that name on a jersey. He will be out there in Tampa on the other side of the equation. The Buccaneers quarterback alsmissed a lot of practice time this week, Baker Mayfield dealing with a toe injury, but was back on the practice field today.
Speaker 2: No injury designation. Ian he's ready to roll. Yeah, he's good to go.
Speaker 3: And that's what he told reporters earlier the week, basically saying I'll be good to go. But what we're starting to get to tom is we're starting to get to the point of the season where players are really banged up. And so what the Bucks did and I think what we're seeing A lot of teams do pulled back this week, did a little bit of a walk through, kind of took Baker Mayfield off the field just to let him kind of rest and ease up. He's going to be fine, but the teams are going to be in it for the long haul. Need to make sure more than anything else their guys are healthy.
Speaker 9: Give them a little bit of a breather.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence dealing with an injury to his left his non throwing shoulder. Ian Rappaport reported and Doug Peterson more or less confirmed today it's trending against Lawrence being.
Speaker 2: Out there, which will be Mac Jones in line to get.
Speaker 1: The start, although as they are wont to do the Jaguars officially Judy listed Trevor Lawrence as questionable for this game against the Vikings.
Speaker 10: Well, I want to.
Speaker 6: Try to look on the bright side of this. This is an incredible opportunity for mac Jones to revive his career. Don't forget we first thought that he might be the franchise quarterback at the New England Patriots and then things backslid.
Speaker 10: This is a great chance for him. Good luck to him.
Speaker 6: Having said that, it's really bad for Trevor Lawrence, and the ramifications for the team as a whole are really tough. It's a two win team, the schedule is difficult. If Trevor Lawrence is not on the field, and if mac Jones cannot win some of these games, this season is going to continue going downhill, and certainly there are going to be big decisions to be made about the team as a whole at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: We'll say a look at some of the other key injuries around the NFL. Will Levis finally back from that right shoulder injury. He's off. The report will start on Sunday. Drake London, the Falcons receiver, officially questionable with that hip injury suffered last week. Michael Pittman Junior has been battling. He's out this week, so has Juju Smith. Schuster has now missed a few games with the hamstring. Michael Parsons some good news for the Cowboys, listed with an ankle. He was limited all week in practice, but Mike McCarthy sounded optimistic. Meanwhile, Marshawn Lattimore, the big trade deadline acquisition for the Commanders was dealing with a hamstring injury coming in. He is a fish out. They got a short week before they face the Eagles. They're hopeful he'll be on the field for that. Joe Burrow Lamar Jackson kicking off Week ten in style. Let's fast forward to the fourth quarter, because well, there's enough that happened in the final two minutes to tide us over here.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson with the little floater into the end zone.
Speaker 1: That's a touchdown, puts the Ravens back up thirty five twenty eight. Bengals were right back down the field. Officially, Joe Burrow to Jamar Chase. That was the one thousand, seven and fifty six completion of the night. This one for a touchdown and they're gonna go for two. Chase his top left. Burrow only looks right and he's looking for Tanner Hudson on a pivot route. It's incomplete. There were about three different flags that could have been thrown there. None of them were thrown. That is a w for the Ravens and maybe the most painful loss yet for Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and the Bengals. Our Cameron Wolf was there, Our Brian Baldinger was also watching that game. As we bring them into the conversation here, Cameron, just tell me what you saw last night with Lamar Jackson once again in the clutch, delivering for a Ravens.
Speaker 2: Team that looks as tough as anybody.
Speaker 11: Right now, Tom Lamar was lamarvelous as he's been for much of the year. He's well on his way to his third MVP. And I want to just give you some perspective from Ravens players.
Speaker 8: I talked to.
Speaker 11: Marlon Humphrey said he's carrying us right now. Mark Andrews said, no one is playing the game might be him.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 11: He is one of one and when number eight leading us is never over and there was really one play. Mark Andrews said that divine. How much better Lamar is as a passer. He said on his touchdown play, Mark Andrews improvise, he went deep on a mess route, took the high route. Lamar saw it immediately and through that touchdown. He said that development as a passer is what makes him a more complete player. And he said this is the best Lamar has ever beat Ben. And you look at his stats, twenty four touchdowns to two interceptions. He's on his way to career highs and touchdowns, yards, pretty much every category, and that makes the Ravens more.
Speaker 9: Complete as a team.
Speaker 11: He's nineteen to five in primetime, second all time just to Steve Young with ten plus totches, so he's been an incredible player. But the Ravens locker room was one that was different from me. They had a great win, but a lot of the locker room was dejected. They did not feel like they played up to their standard on the defensive side of the ball. It was more relief than celebration. And Marlon Humphrey, I think summed it up saying, we're the little brothers of the offense right now, so we got to get it together.
Speaker 9: But we're glad we have the MVP on our side.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm glad I agree with everything you just said, Cam, and I'm glad you brought up Marlon Humphrey because he changed the whole game. In the third quarter was seven minutes ago. Cincinnati is totally in control of the game. They're up twenty one to seven. It's second and five. They run Chase Brown in the middle of the line and there's Marlon Humphrey just ripping that lawnmower accord and pulling that ball right out of his hands, and rokwand Smith reecovers and the Ravens would go down to score in five plays from there, and then they score on four straight possessions. But that played right there by Marlon Humphrey. He's the veteran back there. He's saying we got to play better. Well, he put it on himself to play better, and that changed the game because if Chase Brown doesn't get that ballroomed down, it's third and one. The time is ticking right there. Cincinnati possesses the ball, they get the first down more time and Baltimore doesn't get that short field and maybe that first touchdown that led to three more straight touchdowns in a row. And so credit Marlon Humphrey. We're really turning that momentum around in that game.
Speaker 1: I said going into that game yesterday here on the Insiders that if the Bengals found a way to win, we'd all be sitting back. And yes there's overreactions in national TV games, but it was going to feel like, is this the best team in the AFC North. I still can walked away from that game going Ravens find a way to get it done to the clutch.
Speaker 2: There's something to be said for that.
Speaker 1: The Bengals had some bad losses, but if this team can find their way into the playoffs, they can be dangerous.
Speaker 2: The problem is the margin fera now is about that slim.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Bengals find a way to put up big numbers. We saw what Joe Burrow Jamar Chase did. Man, it's incredible. Joe mar Chase puts up numbers unlike any other against the Ravens. But I want to take you to a scene after the game because I watched this. Joe Burrow walked off the field after shaking Lamar Jackson's hands. He was angry, he was visibly frustrated, and when he got to the locker room, he sat at his locker for about five minutes with his eyes closed, just kind of soaking it all in. And then he got to the press conference, and he had every opportunity to maybe take a shot at the officials for maybe a missed call or two, and he said, no, I'm not expecting to get any of those calls.
Speaker 9: We've got to be better.
Speaker 11: And I think the Bengals feel like they still I hope because of the mentality of Joe Burrow.
Speaker 9: This is a team that's really struggled defensively.
Speaker 11: I think Jamar Chase said it best saying, I don't think it's possible. I didn't think it was possible for me and Joe to play this well and for us to lose. But they are running out of time. They're four and six, and they've probably got to win five or six out of the last seven to make this push into the playoffs.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know Ken the four and six, and you know, Joe Burrow is throwing more touchdown passes than any other quarterback in the league. And Jamar Chase would win the triple Crown if it ended right now with reception yards touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But they aren't playing great together.
Speaker 8: But it's more than that.
Speaker 12: And so they got two games against Pittsburgh, They've got a game against Cleveland. Those division games in the second half of the season sometimes count almost as much as two. There's still hope because they still could put up thirty points on anybody they play, and then it's the question can the defense do their job and hold the score down and start stacking some wins.
Speaker 4: It's still possible it's not too late.
Speaker 12: When you got Joe Burrow playing like he is right now, you have a quarterback play, receiver play. They're gonna get T Higgins back. There's still gonna be a dynamic offense. They're still gonna win some games. Can they win enough to qualify for the postseason right now?
Speaker 1: Hopefully the rest of the Week ten lives up to that game, fellas, thank you very much, talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Shortly here.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes suffered what once again looked like a really bad injury, but the guys basically gumby last week.
Speaker 2: He's going to be back. We'll be out there this week for a.
Speaker 1: Divisional game against the Broncos, team that really could use win over the Chiefs. We'll talk about it next on The Insiders.
Speaker 6: It's an old school AFC West matchup. Look at that Broncos Chiefs Sunday afternoon, and it's actually got meaning. But it's not too early to say playoff implications because right now, the Denver Broncos would be the seventh seed in the AFC, so they would be in as a wild card, and of course the Chiefs are the last remaining undefeated team, and there's Jeffrey Chidia, our Undefeated correspondent. Jeffrey, let's talk about this because we all saw Patrick Mahomes sort of writing in pain there a little bit with the ankle injury. Andy Reid though, said he's got loose ankles. I don't really know what that means. But how do we think this ankle injury is going to affect him this weekend?
Speaker 13: Yeah, a lot of heart scot when that happened, Judy, But it looks pretty good. You know, he was able to practice all week, said he was sore after that game, and the real question here is how does he respond after a short week? You know, Patrick Mahomes is a history of reaggravating ankle injuries. He did it back in twenty nineteen, did it obviously in the championship season in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 9: But he's a tough guy.
Speaker 13: He knows how to play through these things, and he knows he's going to take on a defense in Denver is pretty tough. He talked about just how this team's got a great pass rush. Patrick Hutann and Riley mos are two of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. One of the best cornerback tennents in the NFL and they have to be ready for this. And so yes, he will be hurting a little bit, but he's going to be out there giving it his best shot as he always does.
Speaker 6: All Right, this is bo Nicks's first time facing Spags's defense, and we all know that many more experienced quarterbacks than bon Knicks have struggled against Spags' defense. So what's the key for bo Nicks to get through this?
Speaker 13: Well, he said the key for him is to score points, not just try to move the football and take care of the football. He said that this team, in order to beat the Chiefs, you've got to put up points because this is the team in Kansas City that is tremendous when it comes to one score games, tight games, knowing what it takes to win.
Speaker 8: So bot Nicks.
Speaker 13: Realizes he's going to see a lot of interesting stuff. And Sean Payton did say that this team with the shell coverages and they're going to press their receivers and get after it and the blitz packages, he knows that he's going to see a lot of stuff. But he also said he's not going to be afraid of this. This is what he came to this league to play for, and he's going to give it his best shot.
Speaker 6: Love that this game is relevant again, Jeffrey Chidia, thank you.
Speaker 1: Time now to go inside with NFL Fantasy Live. Tom Pilicero, Ian Rappipord, joined as we are every Friday night by our guy Adam Rank.
Speaker 2: All right, it's week ten. Rank.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your commitment to the numerical correlations here. We got ten the top ten starts for Week ten. Late, I mean, let's start out with some quarterbacks here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not about the quarterback.
Speaker 14: They were just talking about a moment ago and Patrick Mahomes for the first time this season on he finally eclipsed nineteen fantasy points. And that's okay. This is not He's not been asked to do much. But I do think this is a good week to start him.
Speaker 2: With some of the.
Speaker 4: Quarterbacks on a bye.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott is injured.
Speaker 14: I have him as a low end quarterback one this week, even though the matchup is pretty tough against the Denver Broncos, who have played him well, and then we've got Kirk Cousins. This is sort of a tough start because the New Orleans Saints have been tough on quarterbacks this season. Will when you look over the last four games, the Saints have allowed seven touchdown passes. Kirk Cousins has really started to put it together over the last couple of weeks. Big reason why is his guys like Darnell Mooney have stepped up there in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: All right, high five for your five good quarterbacks. Give me some running backs.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna start with Aaron Jones, and I think the Green Bay Packers, I think they made a mistake when they let him go. Aaron Jones is such a great runner, and he's done such a great job for the Minnesota Vikings. This week he's got the Jacksonville Jaguars, who've allowed twelve touchdown to running backs this season, eight on the ground, four in the air. Aaron Jones is a big part of both the air and ground attacks. So you've got to start him. Sorry, Tom, don't mean to bring this up again, but Tyrone Tracy has had seventeen touches in seven consecutive games. Now he's going up against the Carolina Panthers, who've allowed the most fantasy points to running backs this season.
Speaker 2: He has a must start.
Speaker 14: I mean, I wouldn't he's got to be on your roster, I'm sure, but you must start him this week against the Carolina Panthers, and then Raheem Mohster who It's an interesting call because the Rams have been pretty generous to opposing running backs over the course of the season. They've been better over the last couple of weeks. But Raheem Moster was on the field for fourteen snaps last week, get twelve touches, which he turned into eighty eight yards, which.
Speaker 2: Is highly productive.
Speaker 14: The efficiency is great, but I think when you look at the landscape right now.
Speaker 4: Raheem Moster needs to be a must start rant.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Five more starts from you, because five plus five equals ten, as Ian might say. Coming up a little bit late on in the show. Coming up after this, though, we got a guy whose job is to stop you from putting up fantasy points here, Gregorsso one of the talented young defenders on a Bills team that is rolling. What's the key to getting after Joe Flacco? Did the Bills expect We can see little Anthony Richardson on Sunday. We'll ask him next on The Insiders.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what when the game is on the line. You guys are at your best, and that's an important trait.
Speaker 1: Right there man right keep asked read example of right there that's so good.
Speaker 2: Early comes back, hits the game winner man sixty.
Speaker 1: One yards read and Sam and the guys that are out there blocking.
Speaker 2: Heck with job.
Speaker 6: Well, they've had lots of reason for celebrations in the locker room in Buffalo this season. Look at the AFC et standings. The Bills are running away with it. Seven and two overall, three and zero perfect in the Division's closest team is the Jets. We have talked extensively about their struggles. Dolphins and Patriots bring up the rear. It's a good time to be a Buffalo Bill. And that's why we want to talk to our friend, our guest, Greg Russo, the defensive end for the Buffalo Bills. Greg, Welcome to the show. Tell us what the vibe is like in Buffalo when you have that big of lead.
Speaker 5: The vibe is good, but it's really still just taking it one game at a time, practicing, taking it one practice at a time, one lift at the time.
Speaker 8: Whatever we're doing.
Speaker 5: We try to kind of just holler our focus into just that because when you start to see the bigger picture and playoffs and all this stuff, you kind of who's focused on the task of hand, of being in the moment in practice for the game whatever it is just that week. So we kind of try to just break everything up into the smallest parts possible.
Speaker 12: Greg, You're from Miami, and I could ask you about the change and what they're doing, but I won't.
Speaker 8: I will ask you about the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: If you just beat for a second.
Speaker 12: Time this year, like since you come into this, like you've owned the Dolphins, Greg, Like, does it just seem like an automatic W two when you play up for again? I know it took a sixty one yard field goal, but you own this team right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I mean yeah, but it was a hard following when you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I feel like we always had those games with them when we go back and forth since I've been here, it's always it's always a big week. First ever played in divisional game, and that was a home game too, so we kind of look at that always as a muscle win, just defending our dirt being at home, and uh yeah, like I said, it's always a physical game. They did a really good job. They're running the ball and stuff like that, and I'm glad that we were able to come out the top and get the win of a tough game.
Speaker 3: Now, when we started this season, I really go all the way back to the offseason, Greg. You know, you guys lost a lot of familiar faces, a lot of big name guys that I think people were expecting a certain kind of season for Buffalo. I mean, obviously you have Josh, so you're always going to and a good infrastructure, always going to be good. But I think a lot of people thought it would be more of a transition year. Was there a point Maybe it was the opener, but where's there a point this year when you kind of realized like, all right, like we're I'm not transitioning to anything.
Speaker 9: Like we're pretty good, man.
Speaker 5: I say, training camp, being out there at Saint John Fisher and us going doing at it day and day.
Speaker 8: Our Baldy was out there. I've seen him.
Speaker 5: I've seen him once or twice just going going that out there, offense, defense, specially seams flying around, just going hard and knowing like I know, I've been here for a couple of years and knowing like the competitiveness is still there to drive the win. It's still there to the coaching staff, just the whole entire mindset and the orientation we have towards how we prepare for our job, whether it's right and sort of game. Everything stayed the same to me, and we're just trying to keep on getting better day after day and month after month and year after year.
Speaker 8: We're just trying to keep on going up.
Speaker 6: Greg, Let's talk about the season you're having. You have four and a half sacks already. You also have twenty one pressures through nine games. All of last season you had twenty five pressures. That was a career high, so you are way ahead of your pace from last season. I know you've been playing a little bit more on the left side, But what's clicking for you this season?
Speaker 5: What's working really just the guys I'm out there with coaching staff, Coach West and coach Edwards. They do a great job again be prepared and the rest of the guys prepared them. Whenever we have our rest playing together, we talk about four pus one out there, because if one guy's rushing, good and three guys aren't, or vice versas. Even if three guys have a good rush, and one person kind of isn't locked in, it could can kind.
Speaker 8: Of mess with the rush. Nobody can get home and nobody can get that pressure getting that QB hit.
Speaker 5: So really just being out there with the guys and it's being really coordinated and making sure that we're going fast and we got we got everything under control. We know there's a chip whe we're doing this, if it's hoping edges, we're doing this. It's just being tidening all that stuff. I feel like it creates success for everybody. I also feel like team success comes first, and then all the individual stats to hits, the sacks, all that stuff comes when you just when you're stopping to run out of first down and you're able to get teams into second eleven or third and eight, then you earn opportunities to rush to pass her. You know, it's hard when you're living in that world like third and one, thirty two, thirty three.
Speaker 8: Even if you have a good passers, you can't review them.
Speaker 5: So I feel like football is really a team sport, and even when you see individual success for one person, it has a lot to do with people around him, especially up front Vielan.
Speaker 12: Greg, you're the left end unless von Miller is in the game, and then you go to the right end. Much respect to the great closer von Miller. But yeah, the question I have to you Greg about Vonn is this. I remember being at Saint John's a couple of years ago. You're still a young player, and I was asking about your development. He said, Baldi, I don't even talk to Greg about pass rush moves. And you know how to beat the guy like he knows how to do that. His thing was understanding the moment, the part of the game when you got to take the game.
Speaker 9: Over, when you got to make that play.
Speaker 12: Tell us a little bit about the influence of Vaughn and the experience he brings to that room that he's shared with you and all the young guys right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean really just all the little nuances he knows about pass rush, and I feel like Vonn does a really good job of making a site holding on for watching film and be like Greg, maybe your get off or whatever, your hand placing right here, Just the little things, because it's really the little things that gut that take you take you far. You're already you only have so much that you're gonna be good at. So you might be a dude lets to stab, you might be due use speed rushes, but whatever it is that you're working at, you've got to be able to hold it on like I'm doing that or my get off skinning this play. I'm keen to tackle whatever it is. I feel like Bond, He's huge in details. And another thing about von Idce and the brings our room, it's just the killer instinct and knowing, like you said, just now, like the moments of ore. It's third and eight, you know what I'm saying, it's fourth quarter, there's two minutes left or whatever it is, like we got to make a play upfront. So us just being able to hold ourselves accountable. Just the mindset he brings and really the intent. Whenever we're out at practice Bonna, he's always saying purpose and intent, or focus on just that day, or focus on just that practice, that rep, that next rap, whatever it is was, it's third down, first second down, whatever it is.
Speaker 8: We try to live in a moment and then carry that over the game day.
Speaker 5: And kind of have that don't blink mentality when the lights get right and it's money that football whatever it is, or the playoffs, just us just falling back on what we do at Saint John Fisher Ots and every day out here in practice or department.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think going into this game, if you had asked me a couple of weeks ago, we would have said, well, you know, what's it going to be like? You got to try to go get Anthony Richardson And he's basically as big as you are, and he's physically talented, and except now obviously he's been benched. Now it's Joe Flacco, completely different type of quarterback. How much does that alter what you do? And is this is this challenging or more challenging or less challenging for you?
Speaker 5: I'd say I'd say it doesn't alter too much because whoever the quarterback is, our rush plans always to getting them flustered any way possible and get hits on him and make plays make plays on the quarterback. So I mean that part of it, i'd say says the same kind of our approach as a matter who's back there. But I'd also say, when it comes to a challenge, is it lesser and more challenging? I'd say, isn't lesser more it's more just a different challenge, you know what I mean. Like certain quarterbacks they're gonna hurt you with their feet. But Joe Flacco pretty sure, He's won a super Bowl, He's won a lot of games. I've been watching Joe Flacko forever, you know what I'm saying. So it's one of those guys who can hurt you as a really good arm and you can get out of the pocket too. You know, if you're not quit in front any quarterback, you get out of pocket. So we got real tight into our stuff. He's an experienced guy. He's probably i think in the year eighteen, so he's won a lot of games. So we got to be out of and be ready to play Sunday.
Speaker 6: All right, you're halfway through the season, you've got the big lead. You already said, you know, you don't want to look too far ahead. But as a defense, what kind of goals do you have for the second half of the season.
Speaker 5: Really just try to stack performances whatever, whatever it is, whatever challenge you facing that league, whether it's a good running back, a really good quarterback, passing offense, runoffense, kind of just make them one dimensional, force them into the top of game that we want to play where we can get our pass rushing on the field and make plays. And he had the formula no matter who we play, that's really changed too much. You got to put the ball down. It's eleven on eleven, and there's a way to win football games as a way. There's a way to affect the quarterback up front, there's a way to take away the ball and deeper, whether you're punching, going for punchouts, or going for ships haacks or just even in this artist, guys, is just everything coming together.
Speaker 8: Our mindset has already changed week the week.
Speaker 5: Our mindset from Saint John Fisher is going to be the same as it is right now, and it's going to be the same thing at the end of the year. And it's going to be all about us just going out there on defense, being smart, fast, physical, and playing our ball game, playing Buffalo Bill's football.
Speaker 12: Greg, you just talked about making plays and punching out and the guy that didn't that last week is a doll.
Speaker 4: Karen Johnson like.
Speaker 12: That play turned the whole game around, and you can see bowled up his fist and he punched it out. I'm sure you're talking about we practiced that at Saint John Fisher. But that guy in your defense is a doll. Can you just say just a nice few words about that guy because he makes.
Speaker 9: A big difference.
Speaker 5: Man, I feel like he's one of the most important pieces of our team. He's underrated. I feel like he doesn't really get the limelight that he should. But the way he could fit to run, the plays he makes, the people that he guards week after week, and the positions that our defense.
Speaker 8: Puts him in.
Speaker 5: We ask a lot of them, and he's always there to make plays, whether it's the punch out last week or the game stealing I in t versus jets On I think Monday Night football. Just he's always been making play since I've been here for four years, and I'm glad to have a teammate like It's also great.
Speaker 6: Dude, Greg, I'm told we don't have time to talk about the Hurricanes. I'm really sorry about that. You and I all have to talk on the side about it. Thanks so much for joining us with luck the rest of the way for sure.
Speaker 8: Any time you'll have a nice say, all right, man, thanks Greg?
Speaker 2: Four touchdown passes play after play?
Speaker 4: Who else?
Speaker 2: How about a forced fumble start turn the tide right there. I mean, you talk about a hit, Marlon.
Speaker 14: Humphrey, A Jon here, I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you, baby, I got a question for you.
Speaker 4: Who's gotta be better than us?
Speaker 1: Big win for John Arvon the Ravens last night the Bengals, Judy your biggest takeaways.
Speaker 6: My biggest takeaway was great game by both quarterbacks, but what a gut punch kind of loss for the Bengals who have now lost both times to the Ravens in just excruciating fashion. I don't know how much better Burrow and Chase can possibly play, and that has to make this so frustrating. We could talk about the mist calls on the two point conversion, but just an excruciating loss for a team that now is in absolute must win territory. They got to go six and one the rest of the way to get to ten wins.
Speaker 3: My biggest takeaway is going to the Bengals decision to go for two at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: And this is not second guessing.
Speaker 3: I'm watching in real time like everyone else, and I'm saying they need to go for two. And the reason why is you cannot give the ball back to the Ravens. And that's my biggest takeaway is the Bengals have had a good It's not like the kind of defense they usually have, but they got a good scheme, they get a good coordinator, they get some players that are good enough. This is usually a pretty good defense, and they did not have a shot to stop them. And that's kind of what I'm thinking, is like, the Ravens have gotten to a point tom where if you are facing them, you'd alter your strategy because you know that if you give Lamar Jackson back the ball, it's going to be bad for you and good for him. And it might be the kind of thing we have to watch the highlights over and over with everybody going, oh my god, can you believe what this guy just did?
Speaker 1: Week ten continues bright and early Sunday morning in Munich, while it's actually afternoon there, but it's morning here. When the Panthers take on the Giants. Now that's a poster. We love a good poster here that the statue of Liberty being mauled by a big cat is definitely a choice. But that's from the official NFL deutsch Sland account, so we will consider that to be official. Panthers out on the practice field earlier today at the FC Bayern Munich facility. Bryce Young making his third consecutive start our. Jami Eerdahl's there as well.
Speaker 15: We're about thirty six hours here from kickoff. We find ourselves in Centers Munich at Vidtersbach Plots. It's the site the Square of Panthers Fest. A lot of Panthers fans around here. You saw a representation from all other thirty one teams as well, though if you're doing jersey counting today, Panthers legends like Luke keik Lee, Thomas Davis, they were on site today as well as Panthers owners David and Nicole Tepper. They were interacting with fans. So everyone has descended on Munich. Both teams arrived on Friday. They practice trying to maintain that same cadence ahead of the game on Sunday. Both quarterbacks Daniel Jones and Bryce Young looking to build off of positive performances last week. But if you're looking at this matchup on Sunday morning, two two and seven teams, I get it. But there is optimism building with both organizations and their rookie classes. For the Panthers Xavier Legette and perhaps the first start for their running back Jonathan Brooks, And of course for the Giants, keep an eye out, as always for Malik Neighbors and their run game in Tyrone. Tracy Junior, I'll be on the sideline, Sarah Walsh, Rich Eisen.
Speaker 10: And Kurt Warner. Come Sunday morning on NFL Network.
Speaker 1: In Germany, you participate in a steinholding contest. I was unfamiliar with what this was until a couple hours ago when I was made aware of this video. That's our Steve Smith Senior judging the contest. It's Thomas Davis and Luke Keigley. Thomas Davis has overcome like five major knee injuries. Judy, I think I got him in this.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 6: How I want to know how long they hold you mean? The contest is how long can they hold us stein up? These guys are former professional football players, like hours, I would think is the answer?
Speaker 10: What's the answer?
Speaker 3: So is this like the German version of that thing where you got to put your hand on the car and if you're the last to have your hand on the car, then you win the car. And then they made this wild movie out of it and became this big thing, right. I mean, so basically what you're saying is that these guys keep their hands up, which it seems like it's going to be forever. Then they get to just drink all the beer. But it's Germany, you should be able to drink all the beer.
Speaker 9: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I got some questions.
Speaker 1: Son David Tepper hosting a big one earlier today as well.
Speaker 2: Why can't we.
Speaker 1: Get him in the contest here time once again to go inside with NFL Fantasy Live.
Speaker 2: Our guy Adam Rank is back Rank.
Speaker 1: You were halfway through your ten must starch for Fantasy in week ten.
Speaker 2: Give me the back answer.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm gonna go three receivers that you would normally not sit but people have questions about.
Speaker 2: And we'll start with Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 14: Now, obviously with the with the status of Trevor Lawrence in doubt for this coming weekend, people are concerned because Mac Jones. But I'll say this, Mac Jones has shown that he can play at an NFL level, and the Minnesota Vikings have allowed the second most points to wide.
Speaker 2: Receivers this season.
Speaker 14: Let's move to DJ Moore and the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously we saw the video.
Speaker 14: We saw him roll his ankle and walk to the sidelines, and people wanted to be outraged. But listen, all the Bears players have stood up and stood beside Dj Moore. The Bears have played excellent at home this season. I expect this to be a Dj Moore bounce back game against the New England Patriots. And finally, le's talk about Ceedee Lamb. Now, obviously, without Dak Prescott, people are concerned about this. However, in twenty twenty two, playing with Cooper Rush, Ceedee Lamb was still a wide receiver one and in a game where they could end up being game scripted into throwing the football a ton. Who do you think is getting all those targets? Make sure you're starting Ceedee Lamb oop? I think I know the answer to that one at Ceedee Lamb. All right, enough about receivers. That a tough year for tight ends. I got Kelsey, so I'm fine, but not so fine for other people. Give me some tight ends. Well, I'm glad that Travis Kelce is working out for you. But one player who's been playing pretty decently over the last couple of weeks Taysom Hill, and there you see right there, he's projected for ten fantasy points this week.
Speaker 4: He's a noted Falcons killer.
Speaker 14: He's done really well against the Falcons in his career. After the firing of Dennis Allen, I expect the Saints to step up this week, a little bit of juice in this team, and I expect Taysom Hill to be a great start at the tight end position. And let's talk about Dalton kin Kine, whoever everybody loves coming into drafts season in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately it hasn't quite panned out.
Speaker 14: But the good news is he's been targeted at least six times in every game this season. He's running a lot of routes, he's involved in the offense. It hasn't always been there, but in a great matchup against the Colts, who have allowed the third most fantasy points the tight ends this season, you can feel comfortable starting Dalton Kin kaid rank.
Speaker 1: I tried to bid on Kate Oughton in a league. Instead I got Taysom Hill. Did I end up accidentally with the better of those two options?
Speaker 4: You ended up with a really good option.
Speaker 14: I think Kate Atton has a real opportunity to end up being the league winning like tight end one for the rest of the season because of the situation in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: Wow, but I think Taysom.
Speaker 14: Hill is a pretty good It's a pretty good fallback option this week.
Speaker 1: All right, A simple no would have done the trick, but we'll take the expanded version.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Rank. We will talk to you.
Speaker 1: He's got out Friday, Big dj More Day coming, according to Adam Rank, which would also mean potentially a big Caleb Williams day. Caleb also has a chance to set a record that you might not have thought about. We'll explain next on The Insiders. The NFL is proud to announce the nominees for the twenty twenty four Salute the Service Award, presented by USAA. This prestigious accolade recognizes individuals within the NFL family who demonstrating outstanding dedication to honoring, empowering, and connecting with the military community. Fans can vote for their favorite STS Award nominee by visiting NFL dot com slash Salute Fan Vote. A few milestones to watch as we roll into the bulk of Week ten. On Sunday, Chiefs tight End Travis Kelcey a seventy five career receiving touchdowns. With one more, he can tie Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez for the most receiving touchdowns in Chiefs franchise history. Kelsey also already holds the record for most touchdowns while dating a massive pop star Ian.
Speaker 4: That I think that one will be unchallenged for quite a while. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Line receiver Amanad Saint Brownie's one receiving touchdown on Week tennis at the franchise record for longest single season streak of games seven with a receiving touchdown. He would break a tie with Herman Moore, who had six in nineteen ninety four, and Leon Hard who had six in nineteen fifty one.
Speaker 4: Obviously, we all remember that campaign, Judy.
Speaker 10: This is truly incredible.
Speaker 6: Bears quarterback Caleb Williams, who has nine touchdown passes so far this season, He needs just one more to set the Bears all time rookie pass touchdown record, which is currently held by Kyle Orton and Jim McMahon, who each had nine in their rookie seasons. Reminder, we are only halfway through this season.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to our producer McEnroe Francis, who has a good reason for not being here, and according to our CP Jeff Clips, why not even watching the show.
Speaker 2: He's got better things to do.
Speaker 1: It is his birthday, so happy birthday, Mac. He's under water there with let's say, Judy, that's a frightening pose.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie look at this.
Speaker 6: This is amazing. Who doesn't like I want rafting? Max A big outdoorsy guy.
Speaker 4: I got my phone. I like that you keep your phone.
Speaker 10: Out of the water there yet, Yeah, D's up board.
Speaker 3: It's always stressful to have your phone while white water rafting. You got to put it in the plastic bag. That's the only way to do it, you know.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the game, Say Monday,