Speaker 1: It's mediat Podcast. Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Jannis Brody, cal Randall, Alyssa Garrett and Logan. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters for verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing and for the stat of the week. This week, we're looking at the number two hundred. That's how much money you can save while shopping during Whitetail Week, which is happening right now. Yannie over at first light dot com. Our best whitetail gear is on sale until Sunday, October sixth. First Light will give you fifty dollars off of two hundred dollars orders, one hundred dollars off of four hundred dollars orders, and two hundred dollars off of eight hundred dollars orders. Whitetail Week only lasts a few more days to go shop before it's too late.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's like twenty percent off, ain't it?
Speaker 1: That's the yeah, that sounds right?
Speaker 2: Well, graduated sale when you when are you gonna start saying the game show where uh Conservation and Randall always went well?
Speaker 1: Randall Law is coming off of a perfect game real week.
Speaker 3: Son of I must have been away for too long. I forgot all about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got it. Doesn't seem like you forgot. But when we sat down in here, Yanni asked Randall if he's okay for people who aren't watching on YouTube? Yanni, why would you ask Randall that question?
Speaker 2: He looks the Dictionary definition of disheveled his hair? Is it? Normally he shows up for these very well kept.
Speaker 4: His hair is like no down night.
Speaker 5: No I have been because we have to, we have to do all this stuff in the same studio and there's no visual cue for the viewer.
Speaker 3: I've decided to comb my hair for Radio Live and then for trivia. I'm gonna look like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like we had. We had Brody describe it before the mics were turned on as the evil Professor, Mad professor.
Speaker 6: Okay, take take them off and show everyone.
Speaker 2: There's a weariness. There's a weariness in his eyes.
Speaker 3: I drove nine hours to be here today, it says, and I only had to drive seven.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. This was a vacation day for Randall. He got a last minute invite. He said he'll be here, and Randall said, well, I, uh, nobody invited me to play games for fifteen years, so now he can't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: I barely had time to enjoy my taco bell before turning and turning over.
Speaker 1: To the office. So we're glad you're here. Now here's our infrequently asked question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line and I f you. Phil Apartment says, it feels like it would be a huge win to have a med Eater trivia question on the game show Jeopardy. Has anyone launched an effort to do so? Furthermore, has Brody or the Good Doctor Randall ever taken the qualification test? Philip, I'm thrilled you asked to answer that question. I want to play a clip for you from the March six, twenty twenty four episode of Meat Eater Trivia. Take It Away, Phil Question seven. The topic is fishing This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you thirty seconds of a tune called the Fishing Hole. You need to tell me what nineteen sixties television series. This was the theme song for Take It Away, Phil. Well, now take no, No, No, hold on. You're supposed to start at forty seven seconds.
Speaker 2: Love a song, have no idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that was on March six, twenty twenty four. Next, I want to play a clip from the April seventeenth, twenty twenty four episode of Jeopardy. Take It Away, Phil, done with a slew of whistling fish and hole is the theme from this down home show? Allison?
Speaker 7: What is Andy Griffith Show?
Speaker 3: Let's correct TV music twelve hundred please.
Speaker 8: Allison Hannigan.
Speaker 1: Mate, Now that's pretty suspicious, right, Well, we did some research and found that Jeopardy episode with the same question was filmed on March twelfth, which is six days after we released the meat Eater episode I referenced earlier. Now, we did a little bit more poking around and found that found someone who knows someone who's very familiar with the question writing process at Jeopardy. That source said that Jeopardy writers have a giant pool of questions that are written well in advance, but will also create questions the week of filming to round out an episode. So it's possible that someone from Jeopardy was listening to Meat Eater Trivia and borrowed that question to help finish the TV music category. I will say that to my now. It hasn't happened since then, but the timing is almost too crazy to simply be a coincidence conspiracy. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but we just said, sound like a week apart the episode came out.
Speaker 8: Just a coincidence, and then asking.
Speaker 1: One week later, Jeopardy somehow had the same question referencing a TV show. Uh, that's like fifty five years old.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, they could pull from all of human knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, They're not limited to verticals.
Speaker 3: And somehow they end up on the fishing whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very suspicious. We had about a dozen people to send that to me when they heard it happen, say hey, I think, uh, I think maybe Jeopardy is listening. It's good enough for me. I will take that as a victory that they are now to answer the second part of your question. Philip. We have not taken the Jeopardy qualification test, but that would be good content, so we'll do that sometime. Randall, have you ever have you ever eyed the Jeopardy qualification test? I have not looked in.
Speaker 3: I mean I've talked to people about it, but another taken it myself.
Speaker 1: I think you can do an online version, so we'll do that sometime. You Brody Yanni me staking content, that's right, we'll see who could be good enough for Jeopardy. No housekeeping this week, but we have an important update on Me Deeter crossword puzzles. Next week October seventh through October eleventh, we have five days of meat Eater many crosswords. These puzzles will be just five clues and should take you about one minute to complete. After that week, Me Theater Crosswords will be taking a one month hiatus and we'll returned on November thirteenth, So enjoy the mini crossword week October seventh through October eleventh, and then come back ready to beat doctor Randall on November thirteenth. All of those crosswords are available over on the medeater dot com. Slash games.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do a special White Tail Week crossword puzzle.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've been thinking about it. We'll see. I'll definitely have in the mini crosses the week, I know, yeah, tell me h, we'll see. No promises now. The Shelby and Extra today is a five, so I'm putting us on perfect score alert. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the Dropville. Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything? How's yay? Just tend to win everything? Gamon Suckers. Question one. The topic is woodsmanship, and this will be multiple choice. Which of these states does not have native palm trees? Is it Texas, North Carolina, Arizona or Oregon? Which of these states does not have native palm trees? Your four choices? Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, Orgon. Three of them have native palm trees, one of them does not.
Speaker 2: It seems like a real trick question.
Speaker 1: You think it's a trick question, Yanni, I'm not sure which one of those would be the trick You're not I don't know which of these states does not?
Speaker 2: Tell you which one I think?
Speaker 1: I mean, sure you could help the other six players in the room. Which one do you think Oregon? You think organ is the trick. Okay, which of these states does not have native palm trees? Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Then I fell for it.
Speaker 1: Brodie seems less confident than Yanni about what could be a trick. Garrett says that if it is a trick, he fell for the trick. Which of these states does not have native palm trees? Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, Oregon. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have cal saying Arizona. Randall says Oregon. Garrett Oregon, Alyssa, Oregon, Logan, North Carolina, Jannis Oregon. Brody, he wrote down Arizona, cross that out and went with Oregon. The correct answer is Oregon. The room did very well. Only a few of you fell for what Yanni deemed to be the trick. According to the International Palm Society, there are sixteen states with native palm trees. Most are located in the southeast, between Texas and North Carolina. There are a few types of palm trees that grow along the Oregon coast in urban areas, but none of them are native to the state. Question two the top.
Speaker 8: To float into their their habitat which is why I chose the landlocked state.
Speaker 1: Okay, the non palm state. There are the southwest corner of the state. There is one palm tree native to Arizona. Question to the topic is hunting. This next great question? What game bird goes by the nickname timberdoodle? What game bird goes by the nickname timberdoodle? Brody very confident.
Speaker 4: We've had this question before.
Speaker 1: We have not had this question before. Yanni's confident, cal Garrett Randall all appeared to know it.
Speaker 2: Alyssa, you've spent a lot of time with are.
Speaker 4: You birds, helping birds?
Speaker 2: Bird dogs?
Speaker 8: I have, but I don't know what a timberdoodle is.
Speaker 7: I'm taking a guess what game.
Speaker 1: Bird goes by the nickname timberdoodle? Is? Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have col and Randall and Garrett saying woodcock, Alyssa grouse, logan pheasant, Giannis and Brody say woodcock. They got it. The correct answer is American woodcock. Timberdoodle is a fittingly silly nickname for a silly looking bird. Seneca Indians reportedly believed that the woodcock was created from the leftover parts of every other bird in the forest. They have a small, chunky body with short legs, large eyes, and an enormous beak. Question three, The topic is cooking. This sandwich, which is layered with ham, pork, Swiss, pickles and mustard, was created in Havana.
Speaker 4: Great sandwich.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have Brody and Randall and Cal and Yanni all very confident Again, Alyssa has joined them with an answer. Now that leaves Logan and Garrett, who have yet to write something down for the sandwich which is layered.
Speaker 8: And fus you to say, uh, woodcock is a silly looking bird.
Speaker 1: Well, I told you they have a small, chunky body with short legs, large eyes, and an enormous beak. And some native tribes said that they looked like they were made from the leftover parts of every other bird in the forest. I think that's that's how I would justify saying they What.
Speaker 8: Do you think mister Woodcock says about you?
Speaker 1: He probably thinks, yeah, it's probably those Montana guys leftover of the other meat eater personalities. He's got a stupid mustache.
Speaker 4: See, I wasn't thinking that way.
Speaker 8: I was thinking he's probably just like, that's just a.
Speaker 1: Just a good looking human shorts. What the hell's that guy doing? This sandwich, which is layered with ham, pork, Swiss pickles and mustard, was created in Havana.
Speaker 2: I've had some of these uh down there in the keys. You buy him and then you get those little shot back when I used to drink coffee, those little Cuban.
Speaker 4: Coffee for fishing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, light you up, makeani feel no good.
Speaker 1: And that's where your heart problems started. What capasito? What do they call him? Whatever you're talking about, I can't remember.
Speaker 7: Cafe Havana and Belgrade, best coffee in the valley.
Speaker 9: Like that version of the sandwich is like the real version, and elsewhere they're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get too thick everywhere else. You know, when you get him there, it's a pretty thin, thin deal. I got a great story to tell about a day of fishing after drinking some of that coffee, but it's gonna have to wait until after we're recording.
Speaker 1: Okay, is everybody ready an answer for the sandwich laid with ham, pork, Swiss pickles and mustard. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have cow saying Cubano Randalls is Cuban Garrett and Alyssaue says Cuban or Cubano, and they got it. The correct answer is Cuban or Randall Cubano.
Speaker 3: I'm on a bad street there.
Speaker 1: What was so helpful from Randall?
Speaker 3: He said, I mean Havana isn't the question?
Speaker 1: Yeah mean you didn't necessarily know where Havana is. I would hope so I didn't so Logan, you would not have gotten that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was like, oh, and they have a nice Cuban. I was like, oh, Cuban answer.
Speaker 2: I didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: Although some Florida cities claim to be the birthplace of the Cuban, it was actually created in Cuba's capital city of Havana. Tampa, which has designated the Cuban as their official sandwich, serves their version with salami as a nod to the city's Italian influence. Question four the topic is biology, and this next great question is via Grant Burger. This six letter word is defined as quote the group of eggs produced by birds, amphibians, or reptiles.
Speaker 3: Phil, can we bleep that out so I don't spoil it for the listeners at home?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: This six letter word is defined as the group of eggs produced by birds, amphibians or reptiles. Did anyone else lift that clue off of Randall's.
Speaker 4: I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 3: Just let him know what's gotten into me.
Speaker 1: To chatty over. He didn't have anyone to talk to on the river.
Speaker 2: I can take a couple of guesses. Fresh air and sunshine ran.
Speaker 4: A little bit of RIVERA uh huh.
Speaker 1: This sixth letter word is defined as the group of eggs produced by birds, amphibians, or reptiles. M hmm, it's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have cal and Randall's saying clutch. Garrett says fetch, Alyssa says clutch. Logan without an answer, Jannis and Brody say clutch. They got it. The correct answer is clutch. Clutch sizes will verity based on animal age, food availability, weather, and population density. Albatross usually has albatross usually have a clutch size of one. Hummingbirds are two, woodpeckers are three, herons or four, crows or five, geese are six, mallards are twelve, and ostriches are fifty.
Speaker 4: My god, who?
Speaker 1: Question five? The topic is fishing. Which continent are piranhas native to. This is question five. We'll get a scoreboard update from Filled the engineer after this. Which continent are Piranha's native to? Very confident. Room again, I think at the turn we're gonna have a few perfect games going.
Speaker 6: Have we had any one hundred percenters yet?
Speaker 1: This game, we've had a few hundred percenters. I think think, well, the Cubano was a hundred percent with an aster of that one. That one was the one hundred percenter. Our room looks confident. This may be another. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have cal and Randall and Garrett. The entire room says South America. The entire room is right. The correct answer is South America. Piranas can be found across the globe, but are only native to northern and eastern South America. Although the fish has been spotted in Florida, Louisiana, California, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina, the US Fish and Wildlife Service believes there are no established populations in the United States currently, Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: That's a pretty high scoring game. Good job, everyone. We've got Logan with two points, cal Garrett, and Alyssa all have four. Garrett, who celebrate a birthday today, thought he was going to be embarrassed. He's holding his.
Speaker 1: Own happy birthday.
Speaker 7: Garrett and then A tied up in first place at Randall Giannis and Brody with five points.
Speaker 1: Logan may only have two points in trivia today, but that's also how many critters he's killed this year. He filled a black bear tag and he killed a cow elk with his bow, so he's got that going for him at least well done.
Speaker 2: That's the same amount of critters as I've killed this fall, because I've knocked down two grouse with my bone ear.
Speaker 1: Question six. The topic is gear. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by John Brenneck for sending this great question. John is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the Medeater dot com. Jim Shacki was the first person to complete the North American Super Slam using only this type of weapon. Jim Shacki was the first person to complete the nor American Super Slam using only this type of weapon. M Randall, Brody, Yanni, We're all very confident you got this one, right, Brody.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure, Pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I'm aware the hat. I understand that the scarf scar the kind of one kind of weapon he mostly hunts with. What was that that six wheeled buggy he was.
Speaker 9: We saw some of those trolling around in Alaska.
Speaker 1: Those are like an amphibious vehicle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they don't like him, and there's a lot of people that don't like him in Alaska.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, they can sure get you places.
Speaker 4: Why breaking down?
Speaker 2: Don't they float though? To like?
Speaker 1: Yeah again, Jim Shockey was the first person to complete this complete the North American Super Slam using only this type of weapon.
Speaker 2: My parents pulled me out of school because Jim and Eva visited Bozeman and they did a like a little signing it Sportsman's Warehouse. Hmmm my freshman year.
Speaker 1: As Jim is currently making a little museum of his own to the hand of Man, Hand of Man, that's right.
Speaker 2: Well, how is that currently? I thought he's been working on that for I think.
Speaker 1: He has been working on it for a while. But I feel like it's like I've heard some things recently that it's like it's like nearing completion. We talk to a. I won't say anymore, but it's it's a good.
Speaker 4: Use the kind of place you might visit.
Speaker 1: I would like to visit that. I think. Does everybody have an answer for question six?
Speaker 2: I'll go with you. If Shelby won't, go go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 1: We have Callan Randall and Garrett saying muzzleoader. Alyssa says, what's that say, Alyssa? Blowout? Logan says spear giannis and from do you say muzzleloaders? They got it. The correct answer is muzzleloader. The North American Super Slam is where someone harvests all twenty nine big game animals native to the continent. As of twenty twenty two, one hundred and seventy four hunters have completed this slam. Lincoln Tampa was the youngest hunter to ever complete the Slam at twenty years old. Chuck Adams was the first person to do it with archery equipment only, and Shaki was the first to do it with a muzzleloader only.
Speaker 8: Question seven, you know Shaki was like immediately sponsored by an air Gun Company after the muzzleloader slam yep, and I think the air gun cash must must fizzled out before he could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he famously slam. When those started to get popular, he went and killed the bison with one. Yeah, just to show the powerful.
Speaker 2: He was a Thompson Center guy, wasn't he? I thought it was.
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Is night like a subset of somebody or not, doesn't matter. Question seven, the topic is cooking.
Speaker 3: Spencer's keeping us moving today.
Speaker 1: Is well, we started a little late. We've got another episode after this as a teaser to the next week. Yanni is hosting Meat Eater Trivia. We're going to record that right when we're done here.
Speaker 2: Softballs, Baby Softballs.
Speaker 1: Name two of the six most popular hot sauces in America according to twenty twenty three instacart data. Name two of the six most popular hot sauces in America according to twenty twenty three instacart data. Sure more than one, Garrett says, is there're more than one hot sauce? Randall, you have this one right. You're the first person to complete your answer.
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 3: So I think I have two good hot sauces.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's become like a hobby of folks in the last decade. All right, when I go into like a novelty shop place, they've got like a whole wall of hot.
Speaker 3: Blow out your ass hot sauce.
Speaker 4: It's like beer.
Speaker 6: This is all kinds of like artisanal hot sauces.
Speaker 4: It's like wine people. Well beer beer people became like wine people.
Speaker 1: I don't think wine people became hot sauce people. Though the diagram an infinity.
Speaker 2: Like to claim that beer people became like wine people, but that didn't happen.
Speaker 4: I think they just think new.
Speaker 1: Subcultures is there?
Speaker 3: Is there interesting hobby becomes too commonplace branch out?
Speaker 1: Does everybody have too hot sauces written down? I just don't use them.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm going to go with that.
Speaker 1: Do you have two of them written Downsta, go ahead and reveal your answer. We have cow sang Tabasco and Frank's Randall says Tabasco and Chilula. Garrett says Topia and Fiesta. Alyssa says Tabasco and Chilula. Logan says Siracha and Tabasco. Giannis says Tabasco and Chilula. Brody says Tabasco and Frank's. The six hot sauces are Tabasco, Tapatillo, Texas, Pete, Chilula, Si Racha, and Frank's Red Hot. So the room did very well, I think, Everue, but Garrett got that one right.
Speaker 2: There's really only one hot sauce and that's the Mediator hot sauce that actually is really good.
Speaker 1: It's available available.
Speaker 2: I should get some that stuff.
Speaker 7: I yeah, I just bought some about a week ago because I can't get it for free for some reason. Bullshit.
Speaker 2: Frank's supervisor film, Thank You.
Speaker 1: Frank's Red Hot took the top spot in twenty twenty three, dethroning Siracha is the most popular hot s in America. Market experts think Frank's is the country's favorite hot sauce because it's actually one of the most mild hot sauce is available. It has a Scoville rating of just four point fifty, with household names like Siracha coming in at twenty two hundred and Tabasco at two thousand and five hundred.
Speaker 6: Do you guys see there's a new food show on Apple recently.
Speaker 1: What's it?
Speaker 6: It's someone that Christa worked on.
Speaker 1: Gotta forget what it's called.
Speaker 4: Popular right now.
Speaker 9: But they have a very good episode on hot Sauce and they go like they go over the whole history of Tabasco.
Speaker 1: It's super interesting.
Speaker 8: I think Crystal Hot Sauce, like every time I make gumbo, I have to have crystal.
Speaker 7: Crystal is a better version of Tabasco. I think. I don't know if that's a hot take or not, but I like it better.
Speaker 1: And so Frank's red Hot is one of the most mild of the hot sauces. Question eight, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via James Anderson. In an episode of this TV show, Badger tells Jesse he's bringing a crossbow into the desert to cook meth because quote we might see Helena's logan. Brody Randall appear to know this one. In an episode of this TV show, Badger tells Jesse he's bringing a crossbow into the desert to cook meth because quote we might see Helena's Brody. You have this one, right, I hope so? You You and Cal and Yanni really flexed your pop culture chops on last week's episode Radio.
Speaker 4: I think Phil took it pretty easy on us.
Speaker 3: Oh you did that without me?
Speaker 2: You didn't watch.
Speaker 4: We're only going.
Speaker 7: To oh that's right, nine hours I forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're only going to do it without you, Randall. In an episode of this TV show, Badger tells Jesse he's bringing a crossbow into the desert to cook meth because we might see Havelina's And in that episode of Media Radio, all three of those guys got all three of Phil's pop culture questions correct.
Speaker 2: Phil could have gone like, okay, he will could have gone scared of cal Embrodi, mostly because they're usually the curmudgeons about.
Speaker 1: That's a whole segment, though, Phil, You're allowed to like like break right through the meat eater universe. There doesn't need to be woodsmanship, hunting, fishing, anything like that.
Speaker 7: Okayep that in mind for next time.
Speaker 2: How did how did he say woodsmanship? Woodsmanship?
Speaker 7: And it was a question about dungeons and dragons.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Cal and Randall and Garrett's The Entire Room says breaking Bad. The Entire Room got it right. Episode correct answer.
Speaker 7: It was about mess.
Speaker 1: That episode was supposed to take place on October tenth, two thousand and eight, which is more than two months before the earliest have Alina season in New Mexico, and where they cooked meth was west of Albuquerque on the Cannon Sodo Indian Reservation, which is about one hundred and fifty miles north of where most of the states have a Lina population is found. So it's safe to assume that badger didn't poach any have Alina that day. Phil, we have two questions A scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: Oh here we are, Oh Logan, I'm sorry you're out of game. Cut cut right to the chase, but everyone else is still in here. We got a Lissa with six, Garrett also has six, Cal has seven and tied up in first place three way tie. Randall Giannisimbrodia have eight points.
Speaker 1: It's it's contagious. Phil went too easy with this pop culture questions and now I've gone too easy.
Speaker 4: You got a game changer.
Speaker 2: For that.
Speaker 3: We're two questions away from a three way perfect game tie.
Speaker 7: You want to come over here?
Speaker 1: And no question nine. The topic is conservation. What country leads the world in boone and Crockett coups deer entries? What country leads the world in boone and Crockett COO's deer entries. We have two questions left, and we have three players with a perfect game going into nine and ten.
Speaker 7: And Yanni already kind of hinted at it. But I've seen his questions, and I think the next next week's episode also might be a little soft. I mean, yeah, I mean Yanni had some ground to make up.
Speaker 2: But oh, I just feel so bad when I come in and I pitch a hard one because I feel like no one has fun.
Speaker 1: M I think there is less fun head, but it's also probably less fun when we've got three people of the perfect game. So we just got to find the middle ground here, Yanni. And last week I alreadymind, folks, we had a perfect game from Randall. So for the first time in Meat Eater Trivia history, the one hundred and forty episodes in, we could have back to back perfect games.
Speaker 2: How many perfects is that for Randall? Now?
Speaker 1: Is that two or three? I think I think three three, and he's probably got triple is triple ad for games where he's got nine questions? Does everybody have any actually for what country leads the world? In boone and Crocket Coups Deer.
Speaker 2: Perfect games benefit conservation.
Speaker 1: Though they do benefit conservation. That's right, it's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have cal saying the USA, Randall says Mexico. Garrett says Mexico. Alyssa Mexico, Logan Mexico, Jannis Mexico. Brodie says Mexico. The correct answer is the United States.
Speaker 2: Game is gone.
Speaker 4: You too much, cheddar to.
Speaker 1: The United States has six hundred two coups deer entries in the Boone and Crocket Record Book, while Mexico has one hundred and seventy nine, Arizona has five hundred and thirty eight of those, and New Mexico has sixty four. The world record was a twenty six pointer that was killed by a member of the San Carlos Indian Reservation about seventy years ago. So little is known about that, dear that Boone and Crockett doesn't even have the hunter's name or the year it was killed. Speaking of white tails, in case you forgot, it's white tail a week here at meat Eater. Right now, over at first light dot com, you can say big on our best whitetail gear. There's free shipping on purchases over one hundred and fifty dollars, and the bigger the order, the bigger the discounts. Plus there's a buck scoring contest happening at first light dot com where we're giving away awesome prizes like guns, optics, trailcams, first light kits and more. There are only five days left to shop and save, so go to first light dot com before whitetail Week is over. Phil, we have one question left. Give us a leader on the.
Speaker 3: Question there aramb I was actually gonna write USA USA, USA is clever.
Speaker 7: Well, because Cal is the only Patriot in the room, We've now got a four way tie for first place, Cal, Randall, Jannis, and Brody. I'll have eight points.
Speaker 1: And here's a here's a correct answer review for our listeners at home. Question one was Oregon two, Woodcock three, Cuban four, Clutch five, South America six Muzzleloader, seven, Tabasco, Tappetillo, Texas, Pete Chilula, Siracha, Frank's Redhot, eight, Breaking Bad nine United States. Here is question ten.
Speaker 8: I actually can't believe House recipe isn't right like the generic House recipe brands, that's not one of the leading.
Speaker 1: Hot sauces, that great familiar, oh like great Valley.
Speaker 2: Questern if you just type in what muzzleloader it auto fills with, does Jim shock EU.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because your phone's listening to us.
Speaker 2: And uh it was a Thompson's Center on corpor You guys were right.
Speaker 1: Question ten. The topic is fishing. This river, which connects the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean, was declared America's greatest fishery by Abu Garcia. M. Brody and appear to be very confident. Again. We have a four way tie with Randall, cal Yanni Mandy fishery. This river, which connects the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean, was declared America's greatest fishery by Abu Garcia. We have Yanni trying to mine for hints over here from Brody by asking if he's fished it. Brody's response was no, who's that helpful, Yanni?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: These kind of things just show how I'm not very well traveled.
Speaker 1: M He gets if it gets east of the Gallaty, and.
Speaker 7: You're not wrong, it's the Yellowstone. Give him some credit. No, I mean like east of the yellow Stone.
Speaker 1: Canal, Okay, Randall. Randall likes his answer. I didn't pick up his whiteboard. Everyone knows the fishing is great in the Erie Canal. This river, which connects the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean was declared America's greatest fishery by Abu Garcia.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: Keep in mind Abu Garcia is a Swedish company, I think so what they know well.
Speaker 3: Created when it's Swedish predecessor ab Or Fabric and merged with its US based distributor.
Speaker 4: You remember former.
Speaker 1: Trivia question written by They had a panel of ten expert fishermen who helped them rank the best fisheries and they created a top one hundred list. So we're looking for what is number one? Here? Is everybody ready? No, bro, do you got this one right?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yanni, Oh, I just had another river name popping in my head thinking about Chain.
Speaker 6: I'm focusing on the geography.
Speaker 1: Not connects the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you'd asked me to just name America's greatest fishery, this would.
Speaker 1: Not have come to mind. I'll be give me an extra some extra help. Yanni is going back to his whiteboard. This is your last chance, Yanni to change that answer before we flip them over.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with it.
Speaker 1: Cal, Are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cow saying the Delaware River. Randals says Saint Lawrence, Garrett says Ohio, Alyssa says Hudson. Logan without an answer, Giannis says Saint Lawrence. Brody says Saint Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Like Hudson.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is the Saint Lawrence River, meaning we're going to overtime with Randall, Yanni, and Brodie. As the primary outflow of the Great Lakes, the Saint Lawrence has the second highest discharge of any river in North America. ABU Garcia ranked their top one hundred American fisheries in twenty twenty two, with the top five being the Saint Lawrence Lake, Saint Clair Lake, Erie, the Red River, and Sante Cooper. We're headed to overtime. Play the drop Phil.
Speaker 2: Time last.
Speaker 1: I think just cut it at if you ain't.
Speaker 7: First your laughs and then like going to other stuff that's funny.
Speaker 1: I never liked it. A Phil cough Man question eleven. The tie breaking question will be a numerical question. Whoever is closest between our three players left will be declared the winner. But everyone in the room is going to play along because if somebody gets it right on the nose, meat Eater will add an extra one hundred dollars donation to the end of the game. The topic is outdoors. What does a one year twelve issue subscription of Game and Phish magazine cost? This is right from their website. This isn't like if you ordered from a cheerleader who came to your front door selling magazine subscriptions. Currently, this is currently that's right. This is from their website. What does a one year twelve issue subscription of Game and Phish magazine costs? And you're going to write it to two decimal points, So if you think it's one hundred dollars and ten cents, you would write one hundred dollars and ten cents. Yanni and Brody are comparing answers.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to like get a good guess. By the way, Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brody likes Yanni's guess. We have Randall going back to his white boards thinking about making.
Speaker 4: A change.
Speaker 1: Cal ctuiguards. Still, it's everybody ready what does a one year, twelve issue subscription of Game and Fish magazine cost? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cal saying fifteen ninety nine. It's at ninety nine or ninety one, Cal saying fifteen ninety nine. Randall says forty four ninety nine, Garrett says seventy four ninety nine, Alyssa says forty four ninety five, Logan says twenty nine ninety nine, Yanni says twenty four ninety five, and Brody says thirteen ninety nine. So the gulf between Brody's answer and Randall's answer is about thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: I feel like they give you a big discount if you're getting a whole year.
Speaker 3: It's not a high price magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, one of you is within two dollars the correct answer, The correct answer is twelve dollars, making Brody our winner fucking issue.
Speaker 2: What a bargain in this economy?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's the thing.
Speaker 8: They're not trying to make money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they make their money through ads, not through you getting a subscription magazine.
Speaker 4: Business is tough. Game and Fish cheap entertainment for a dollar.
Speaker 1: Game and Fish offers four different regions to select from when creating a subscription, and for another nine dollars you can get ten issues of Bowhunter magazine. Our game is over. Brody is our winner with nine correct answers, investing Yanni and Randall in overtime. Brody, where is the five hundred dollars donation from Media to go?
Speaker 9: We just had a little chat with BHA today about the malarkey going on in Utah trying to steal public lands, So we're going to give it to BHA so they can keep fighting that issue.
Speaker 1: Now, folks didn't hear that episode, cal give us a little synopsis of what's happening in Utah with public lands.
Speaker 8: Yeah, currently, the state of Utah, and it is literally the state of Utah, has an active lawsuit against the federal government questioning the constitutionality of federal ownership, specifically of Bureau of Land Management lands about eighteen million acres in the state of Utah. However, the repercussions of their questioning lands within the borders of Utah is a nationwide issue. Basically, they're suing to dispose of lands that we all dispose of sell right, And I know some people are kind of licking their chops over that, like, oh my god, I'm going to get in there. But the reality is is like you are going to be bidding against other foreign powers. So no matter how much cash you and the fam got in your pocket, it's not going to stack up to all Xi jinping.
Speaker 1: So certain states are known for, like certain hunting cultures. Why is it the Utah has a reputation for like changing hands of public lands and trying to change federal ownership to state ownership.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a good question.
Speaker 8: I always laugh at the fact that like you go through the Salt Lake City Airport, which anybody who travels in the West, like you go through the Salt Lake City Airport, and all they do is celebrate these big Utah landscapes which reside on federally managed lands, and their track record of disposing of their own state lands for pennies on the dollar is right there for everybody to see. So go check that out if you don't. Don't believe the hype that this is a disposal play basically a money making play.
Speaker 1: Brody sending five hundred dollars to b h.
Speaker 4: A good job Ford.
Speaker 1: Join us next week for more med Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 2: Sometimes random.
Speaker 1: Yes. Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 4: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur lock