Speaker 1: What's that at my bed? It's Ricky. Hey Juky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, hell I ghosted I gos Nanda's please, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Oh my god, Ricky Lindholme is on the show. You know her from garfunkeln Oates another period. I mean, she's just all over the place. I was watching that SNL fiftieth anniversary special and I'm like, oh, there's Ricky Lenome. She's just she's like right next I forget who the famous person was she said next day, but she was just sitting there and I was like, oh my god, it's freaking lit home. She's She's all over the place. She's somebody that I've met working at Largo, which is truly just heaven on earth, just the best comedy place in town in Los Angeles, which if you're ever in La just go just go to Largo because you never know who's gonna pop up on stage. I'm gonna be popping up on stages near you, as you know, I'm already. I'm on tour right now and I'm going to gay bars and I'm truly like at the time of this release, i am out there. I'm in Buffalo, New York tonight. I mean, I'm going on I'm all over the place. Just go to Roshernandez tour dot com and you will find those dates. I have something relevant to this very podcast to bring up. Okay, did you listen to the episode with Georgia hard stuff? Though George's kind of like like share like, she doesn't even need a last name. I can just say Georgia. You know, I'm talking about Georgia. Georgia hert starts episode a couple of weeks back. A couple months back, we talked about a woman who there was an article written about her because she got a soulmate drawing on Etsy and the person who did the drawing nailed it and she ended up with that man. Well, her name is Nicole, and she reached out to me. Thank you, Nicole, and she has sent me the link to the person who draws it. Now, I don't like endorsing specific services and stuff like that unless I have tried it myself, and so I'm not gonna say who I'm doing this through, but I'm just gonna do it and then I'm gonna see what happens. So that's a very exciting thing. I also I had a couple of people reach out to me to be like, yeah, I got one of those downe it didn't happen and it don't work for me, which I imagine now, who knows, maybe this artist just or this you know, psychic slash artist just had a real good, real good day that day. But Nicole sent me the one that was actually done of her future man husband and it looks exactly like him. Uh that's hot, especially because like he's he looks so hot in the picture like I would if she drew me a That's the thing. I'm terrified she's gonna draw a picture of some dude and I'm gonna be like, please, no, not to be vain, but actually I get a little bit vain on this episode because we do talk about somebody with a really nice leg. You'll see what I'm talking about when I talk to regular at home and just a moment, we just like we had such a great little Kiki, the two of us, and turns out she has some very fascinating things to say about her grandfather. Just wait for it. Here we go. It's my conversation with Ricky Lindholme and with the show. Oh my god, Ricky lind Holme is here.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, how are you nice to see you?
Speaker 1: You two.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so excited to talk to you about ghosts and psychic some weird stuff. Have you ever experienced anything that you would consider paranormal.
Speaker 2: I've had little moments, like psychic moments almost it's not really psychic, but little bits, but I can't tell if they're paranormal.
Speaker 1: Oh well, listen, I got a gavel. Yeah, I've decided I'm the authority, and I do this because there's, like you always hear these places in these things the most haunted or like, I don't know, just in that world of ghosts, there's always so many like declarations of how haunted something is or do just these statements that I'm like, you know what, who decides that. I want to be able to decide what's the most haunted, what is haunted? What is a real paranormal experience? I'll do it right.
Speaker 2: Well, mine are all about like scary men and having intuition about them, so they're not real, not really paranormal. But I do have this like I'll get these like overwhelming feelings about things, and then I've been right a lot, so I'm like, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: No, that is for sure something I'm considering that something.
Speaker 2: I got chased once in Beverly Hills. I was going to I was on Cannon in Beverly Hills, but I was supposed to be on Camden and I didn't realize it, and it's sort of a ghost town at night, and this, you know, some car just is like I just saw some car. It was like a rain drove, like a nice car in Beverly Hills. And something inside me was like nope. They didn't do anything. They were like slowing down a little bit, but I was like nope. And I remember like reading about self defense and they say to do something weird to throw people off. So I ran into the middle of the street and just ran down the yellow line and I just took off running like without I just felt it, and I took a runt and I turned around and they were both the car was stopped and they were both out of their car.
Speaker 1: Chasing me stop but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just was like, oh, I could feel it was just some nice car and I was like nope, and I ran down the middle of the road and I hid behind this planter there was that Nick's Martini bar. I was hidden behind this planter because the bar looked but it wasn't open. So I was just sitting there watching them in the window, looking to see like if they had come over, like I probably would not be here now. It was very scary and they were looking and then they just drove away. But it was that moment of like not going, oh, is that weird? I just went weird running yes, street didn't take a second, and like the worst thing that would have happened was I was a crazy person running down the street and.
Speaker 1: Oh well, which I always have to remind myself in La like, no matter what, people that live here have always seen something way more bizarre than whatever I'm doing. Yes, so even if I do do, if I have some funky outfit on or I don't know what like it in a place like.
Speaker 2: This, nobody cares. Yeah, nobody cares. And then I had one other one in Las Vegas. Is this boring?
Speaker 1: Is this not boring. No, I think you're good. I think it is Wait a second, Okay, you're the gabbo. This is paranormal. I think intuition is major in this conversation of the paranormal. I think that it's like because it's one of these things that you it's not like a concrete thing, but it's a vibe, it's a feeling. And I think that those things, especially when they come to fruition.
Speaker 2: And when they're so loud and so immediate, it's like it feels like a ghost, it feels like a psychic it feels Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But the other time, I was in Las Vegas with my friend Kate and we had rooms on different floors. We got in an elevator. This man got in and I was like, nope, nope, and I just felt like he was going to do something to Kate, and so I was. I started to maneuver to the front, and I didn't even alert Kate that I was pulling her off the elevator, but I got to the front, like I sort of rudely smashed my way to the front. We got up and I at the last second, right before the elevator closed, I go come.
Speaker 1: Here and I pulled her off the elevator. She was like, what was that. I didn't like this man.
Speaker 2: It was an elevator full of people, and I was like, didn't like the man. I felt like he was going to follow you to your room or to your floor, because I was like, I saw him, watch you press the button and she was like, okay. I was like, just hang out here.
Speaker 1: For you know.
Speaker 2: So she hung out my room for like ten minutes. She's like, I'm pretty sure it's safe. Now.
Speaker 1: She goes up.
Speaker 2: He's waiting there, and she runs and she ran into her room. The guy was still waiting there for her.
Speaker 1: I was right, Oh my god, Las Vegas. You never know what you're going to find in an elevator in Las Vegas. Like seriously, like the sound bites that I have had with people where they're just telling their story. You're like in the elevator and they're like and then I just pooped on him. It was so weird and then they like get off. You're like, well, what's that?
Speaker 2: You're like, wait, what did I?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I wish I could like remember those because they're always so funny when you hear like the weirdest Yeah, part of a conversation, you're like, what was that?
Speaker 1: So? What I love about your intuition is that it's for protection and it's like it actually serves you, you know. It's like sometimes you just get a vibehere you're like I think I should do this or that or what. Like, I don't know. I'm just for some reason, I'm getting this feeling that I don't know whatever, and it's like, I don't know what that was. That was weird. But for you, it's like these are actually warning signs right that you're picking up.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if I'm always right. I remember I got into an uber in Boston and that gut feeling went nope, and I just was like, oh I left something inside. I got out, ran inside, canceled the uber. I could have been wrong. He could have been like, who is this crazy woman?
Speaker 1: Like do you know what?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what? At least you didn't have to learn the hard way. You know, better safe than sorry? Are you like that with I don't know? Just like you can tell if someone is attracted to you or like like for me, I have a hard time with that one, Like I can't tell, like someone will be like you know that that guy was just hitting on you, And I'm like, ow what, I can't tell that stuff at all.
Speaker 2: And people often think I'm attracted to them when I'm not because I'm friendly, so I'm just a smiley person and so people mistake that sometimes too.
Speaker 1: Now what about being a public figure, like could you pick up when it's like, oh, this person those who I am?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's weird. The intuitions I do have are so strong. It's like a psychic moment that stuff. I'm so I always assume nobody does, Like I just assume nobody knows who I am, and then they'll have to say something. I just never do you ever assume anyone knows who you are?
Speaker 1: Not really, I feel like, yeah, I feel like I'm usually like, hi, my name is you know what I always say to people like, I'll do this to you. Next time I see you, I'll go hi, it's me ros, just because I think it's the worst thing ever is when some starts talking to you and you're like, I don't know what their name. Most I don't know you. I don't know how I know you.
Speaker 2: It's so polite to do the reminder. I do the reminder too. Yeah, although I ran into this woman recently and I was like, I'm RICKI. She's like, why do you think I don't know who you are? And I was like, oh, I don't. I just am trying to be She's like, I know who you are. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I would way rather have that response than like, hey, so it's me so anyway, Like that's nobody wants that. No, So what about like a formal ghost. Have you ever picked up vibes where you go to a place and you're like, Ooh, I think there's a ghost in here.
Speaker 2: I sort of feel a way about my house a little bit. Ooh my current house I'm in just a little because it's got a weird it's got.
Speaker 1: A weird history. What's the history?
Speaker 2: It's like almost everyone that lived here is in the medical world somehow. And one of the original owners was George Hodell.
Speaker 1: Wait, you don't live in do you live in the Jaws House? No?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's just it's just he George Hodell lived in a bunch of places, so this is just one of the one of the many. You know, he's a wealthy physician, and for anyone who doesn't know, it's it's the guy who's suspected of killing the Black Dahlia. Yeah, and he lived here, and he's suspected of killing you know, hundreds of people or something. He's like, supposedly this right, And for example, this closet that I'm in, I can't close the door because it locks from the inside.
Speaker 1: And you can't tell why does it lock from the inside. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the first time I closed it, I got stuck in here and had to call someone to get me out, and so I don't actually close it.
Speaker 1: All the way.
Speaker 2: So there's weird creepy things about the house.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. Okay, wait, so this George Hodell got I read that book? Did you ever read that book? It's called The Black Dahlia Avenger.
Speaker 2: The one of his son wrote, yes, yes, loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so basically this man's son, Wait, what is what is the son? He's like, he's a homicide detective. Okay, homicide detective. And he writes a book about how he believed it's like his theory that the Black Dahlia the most famous unsolved murder, uh super twisted that it was committed by his father in the basement of this house. Yes, and this house. This house has actually been on the TV show Ghost Adventures. They did they did like a ghost hunt in there, and uh yeah, it's like this unsolved case. I don't know if I buy the store, It's like I do. He found a picture of some lady and he's like, it's her. I'm like, maybe if you squint, I don't know it's I think it's possible for sure, but I just don't think it's her in the picture that he found.
Speaker 2: Oh, not necessarily, but I do think that he's right that his dad is the killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was just so much, you know.
Speaker 2: Because he moved to like Korea or something like. He was about to get caught and he was suspect in all these murders. So he left town and he would come back to California once a year, they think, to kill someone and then went back.
Speaker 1: I mean, get a better hobby. I know. Creepy dude. So okay, so that man lived in your home.
Speaker 2: So it feels a little creepy here because of that, But I don't. I don't feel any ghost present. Do you have Do you feel like you have ghosts in your house?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I have a strict rule against ghosts in the house and just to be saved. I I am constantly just double checking that there's no ghosts in my home. I don't bring my work home. I just want to make sure that it is clear what the ghosts you are now welcomed here. I don't even care if you're a nice ghost, you cannot come because it's my sanctuary, right So where I sleep alone, I want to be alone, absolutely. I you know, like people will say, oh, you put salt down, you know, on the ground, and then that sort of like does a barrier. Well, like you know, I have to sweep or you know, vacuum or whatever. So yeah, I'm not putting salt in the floor, so I'm not doing that all the time. Well, I sort of do what I do is I have like a salt shaker or like that you grind like with like Himalayan salt crystals, the one in my kitchen. When I remember, I just do like a little sweep around with it of the front door, just just underneath there.
Speaker 2: Wow, do you have a rumba?
Speaker 1: No I don't, but you just sweep it up yourself. Yeah, I think that. I think me walking through it just sort of pushes it away at times, but and then I'm like, I think we're due for a little bit as soon as I put a little pepper, a little paprika, a little you know, just to make it nice and savory.
Speaker 2: Are you scared of ghosts or you just like you just want to be alone?
Speaker 1: I mean I only like half believe in ghosts. I mean I I absolutely believe that they're real. I am very skeptical of ghosts. But at the same time, I don't want to find out. I'm like super not interested in like I like to hear about it. I do not want them in my home. I have an alleged haunted doll that is in my home and I keep it in the hallway outside of my bedroom, and nothing has happened.
Speaker 2: Is it like protection? Is it like boarding away other things? Maybe the haunted doll?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sure, but I definitely have it in a box that is filled with literally every single culture's version of keeping away demons. It's like all stuffed in one box together, so it's like being smushed in there with like different kinds of crystals.
Speaker 2: Subes and whatever.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I've never.
Speaker 2: Done any of that. I probably should, Yeah, I mean, because you know, sometimes in life, like things are like really flowing and everything's amazing, and sometimes you're like, nobody likes me, everything's going wrong. Like that's when I need. It's clear I need, I need an evil doll to protect me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to just like reset whatever that means, or you know, whatever works for everyone. Like I think ultimately good overcomes bad, and so if good looks like Jesus to you, or you know, saving yourself or whatever it means to you, I think it's really the belief in the good that is the main thing. That's what I think. Yeah, but I don't nobody knows anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard to refute that. That sounds pretty great, it sounds yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to keep my mind open, like whatever.
Speaker 2: I know. It's pretty arrogant when people think that they know. It's like, well, yeah, are you like you're positive? You know exactly? You know what God looks like, what happens after we die, what he likes and doesn't like, what it's like. You're not even like open to other things being true. It's it's the certainty is very interesting to me. I'm like, how do you how do you know like, yes, it could be better than you think it could be, like way better than you think it could be.
Speaker 1: It probably is, who knows, Maybe it's worse, maybe there's nothing. Who knows. But uh yeah. Going back to like the gavel and everything like that is what a lot of ghost content is is like an expert, like a person that truly has these beliefs of different things, which is wonderful, but that's not what this show is. This show is like whatever, I'm open to anybody's beliefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I had strong intuitions about more things than just dangerous men.
Speaker 1: What about in like your live performing life, do you have vibes like do you go okay, this this room is weird? Or like I don't know, do you does?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The good thing about comedy, good and bad, is like you know when it's going well and when it's.
Speaker 1: Not, like I'll they tell you instantly yeah.
Speaker 2: They're laughing or you're bumming and yeah, so I guess yes, But I don't know if anything to the level of like I'm getting you off the elevator because that man's going to go to your room, Like I don't have that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I hate that. What about you have a grandpa story? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I was listening to your podcast. I listened to the episode with rosebud Baker and you were talking about that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh the TV show. Yeah, TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because because I was like, because I was thinking, I was like, I don't really have any ghost things, and I was listening and then you're talking about the show my grandfather was on.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: What as a guest, Yeah, because he my grandfather is an undertaker in the small town called Countersport, Pennsylvania, and in the town was one of the first instances of what they believe was spontaneous human combustion. What. Yeah, so this guy spontaneously combested, supposedly, and my grandfather, because he's like the only undertaker in town.
Speaker 1: Like cleaned him up.
Speaker 2: Like he went and like the only thing was left was like a pile of ashes and like a leg with a slipper on it, and he collected it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, not to be like this, but that's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's really weird when you read about the case, like, it's probably.
Speaker 1: Not right now, what do I google? So?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the guy's name is John Irving Bentley.
Speaker 1: John Irving bent Lee.
Speaker 2: Has a Wikipedia. I was looking at Wikipedia. Yeah, oh my god, my grandfather is not in it. My grandfather's Richard Lincolm. He's not in it. But he was on That's incredible. And he was in some other book just like talking about what he saw and.
Speaker 1: He believed that that was the cause. Now wait, I get confused. Undertake what is.
Speaker 2: So he was the funeral director.
Speaker 1: He's it was small.
Speaker 2: It was a small town, like really small town in this was in like the sixties, and so he ended up sort of being sometimes the mortician sort of like it's especially the ambulance driver. Yeah, but he was. He was the only game in town for funerals stuff.
Speaker 1: So do you think that he had to like, uh, like put lipstick on ladies and like make them look all pretty and do their makeup.
Speaker 2: All that, all the embalming everything. My dad grew up in that house and it was like the embalming room.
Speaker 1: Was right in the house.
Speaker 2: In the house. Yeah, small town. The front room was like when there was funerals that my dad had like go around the back. And my dad to this day hates flowers because whenever there were flowers at the house, it means someone in the town died, and so he's just like he hates he hates them. And yeah, the service was in the house, the embalming everything, the coffins, like just in the house.
Speaker 1: Now, did your dad ever like believe in that kind of stuf, like ghosts or anything.
Speaker 2: Well, he had one instant. This was when he was like seven years old. He went to see the movie Dracula with his sister and it was the same time where there was like a coffin. There was too many coffins, and so he had to go to sleep that night in his room with a coffin at the end of his bed. And he said, like he really thought Dracula was in there, but I think that's the closest he got.
Speaker 1: Too many coffins. There's an overflow, and you have to put it in your child's bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the day that they see Dracula. Yeah, so he said, he's to this day has never been so scared in his life. He just was up all night worried.
Speaker 1: I feel like to survive that lifestyle, you would have to like shut that part of your brain off of like that there's ghosts or any of that. You're literally having dead bodies coming in and out of your house NonStop all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of the kids ever saw a dead body, but my cousin did. He was like three years old and he's like, who's that boy sleeping in there? And they're like, oh, and it was. It was a full grown man. But he's just like, who's that boy who's asleep? And they were like, uh, he's passed.
Speaker 1: Away, taken a long nap. Yeah. Wait a second. Okay, So I googled this story, this website endeavornews dot com. Okay, so wait a second. Here it says fifty years later, Bentley death still a mystery. Gerald Young, an independent documentary producer, is studying the December fifth, nineteen sixty sixth death of doctor John Irving Bentley during a home fire on North Main Street. Wait a second, Okay, so some people are skeptical and believe that the fire was the result of careless smoking. Oh my god, there's literally a photo here is that you gross of a leg But it's like black and white, so I can't like, it's not like a crystal clear HD whatever, but you basically just see, well, there's a toilet, a walker, and definitely something a bunch of stuff is burnt. And then there's burned a hole.
Speaker 2: In the floor and yeah, the leg was in the basement. It like burned a hole in the floor, but didn't burn anything else around it, including the walker, So it's weird.
Speaker 1: And then there's a leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then there's the leg. It's just unlikely, Like it's just it's very strange.
Speaker 1: How did whatever?
Speaker 2: And he was ninety two, so he wasn't like didn't have like a meth lab or something. You know, he's a ninety two year old doctor.
Speaker 1: What the hell it says that? I think this was also on Unsolved Mysteries, was it? Wow? Oh my, And they interviewed your grandpa for for that.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. And then some book called a Blaze, A Blaze, A blaze, there's a whole book about spontaneous human combustion and he's in that too.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, this is like not something that we've ever really talked about on this podcast. But I love this because, of course with the paranormal, it's like things that are so weird that science can't really explain them. And there's certain things like these cases of spontaneous combustion or like, oh, it's raining frogs in this town or what like there's certain things where there will be the people that are like I went to college, and I'll tell you how much happened they of this thing that happens.
Speaker 2: Old.
Speaker 1: Listen, I didn't go to college, so I'm here to be like great that means that people can just blow up out of nowhere totally.
Speaker 2: It's just too weird, Like there's no like if there was a fire, why didn't anything else catch on fire? Like why just the true he was like nothing like that. You know. The rubber tips on his walker were fine, like that would have melted that, The towels were fine, everything was fine. It was just like hole in the linoleum floor that his body like went to the basement. It was like an explosion of some sort.
Speaker 1: And then just the leg. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lie, And I don't know if this is a messed up thing. He has really nice legs, does he It's nice, Like it's a nice.
Speaker 2: You take your trainer and you're like, I want to look like this, like ignore the rest of his photo. Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Like it looks from this photo like a nice leg. It like, I don't know, it's a cut fit.
Speaker 2: Keeping fit in ninety two. He's I guess doing his squats or something. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. Okay. I was just recently watching this murder documentary and they were showing this woman like they should first of all lately when I've been because I sometimes put those things on when I'm doing arts and crafts, like because I need something I can like listen to that I don't need to like look too much at. And they were showing one where like they showed the crime scene like and actually, I was gonna say, the past few I've watched they like show the crime scenes, which I don't like I want to see those, I don't either, but this one in particular, they did the thing where they like the lady was like naked and they like blurred out like all of her naughty bits and like her like eyes so that you like, can't you know they're keeping her identity but like the rest of her body, and it was not flattering, and I would have been so pissed off, like that's how you she will haunt your ass whoever the person is, like, that's why are.
Speaker 2: You putting me on TV we Meet Alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should not be putting people's pictures of that. Like I don't want to be like this, but at least make it a cute picture if it's gonna be a crime scene. And I have to say for doctor Irving, is that his name, doctor Bentley?
Speaker 2: Doctor Bentley?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not a bad this is not a bad ankle down.
Speaker 2: So well, at least he has that, so he's probably not haunting anyone.
Speaker 1: He's fine.
Speaker 2: You got a good photo. Yeah, and he went so fast.
Speaker 1: But see, now that's how you can create a ghost because they don't even know that they're a ghost. If you just burnt, if you just all of a sudden are here and then you explode, you're like, wait, am I alive? What's going on?
Speaker 2: And then he's like, what happened to my leg?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly, and now you're a ghost everywhere. What do you think of like bigfoot type stuff?
Speaker 2: I never do. It never crosses my mind ever, Like I never have thought about bigfoot for one second in my life. What do you think about that kind of stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. It does cross my mind NonStop because of this podcast. I don't think it would otherwise, but it does come up for me and I think about it. I love the idea of going out into the woods to go look for something like that, but I just I really don't like that environment. Yeah, it's really scary to me. Also, I just rewatched The Blair Witch and I just really can't imagine going out there. But I say, yeah, sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just yeah, it's like asking me, like, what my favorite kind of silt is in Lake Michigan. I'm like, I don't know, I don't care. I'd never I'll never think about that, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: What about just like psychics in general, Like, have you been to a psychic?
Speaker 2: I have. I've been to two, because I did, like I went to one. It was I had a time in my life I was like my first like big breakup, and you know when you're like looking for answers outside yourself. Somehow I started going to all these people and just to see if it would help. And yeah, I got my star chart done and that was interesting but not particularly helpful. And then I went to one woman who was like a spiritual like body healer or something, and she kept telling me I had an eating disorder and I was like, no, I don't. I'm telling you I can't eat because I'm going through a breakup, like I need to. And she was like no, She's like we need to talk about this, and I was like I don't though I'm depressed. So I left her and I went to the doctor and got a weed card, so I weed and then I was eating again and that was fine. So I was doing all these things and they weren't really going well. But this friend said to go see this like uber psychic. So I'm like, okay, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: And wait, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like you know the like no, like the celebrity psychics, like the no no, like like the fancy fancy oh you know, well renowned.
Speaker 1: She's the psychic of the star.
Speaker 2: It's like metal streep psychic or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't really right, I went and you know, I recorded it and staid it was fascinating, and she told me all these very specific things. She was like, your soulmate's name starts with a jay, You're going to live in New York for five months this year. Your TV I was going to go five seasons, like all these things, and so I was like, I need a second opinion. So I went to another psychic.
Speaker 1: Did you tell the second psychic any of the stuff you learned? No? So I just went to the other psychic.
Speaker 2: They said the exact same stuff, the Jay soulmate spend all this time in New York, blah blah. Turns out none of it true. They were both wrong. I was like waiting to get this job in New York. I was waiting for this J man.
Speaker 1: Nothing. Maybe they confused you for somebody else they must have. Maybe they got confused with one of their other celebrity clients. I wonder who that is.
Speaker 2: Well, I did look it up in Jay is like one of the most popular start letters for men's names, so sometimes they picked either like j D or M.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, that's a great guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like John Jack Jake.
Speaker 1: Yes that makes sense. Yeah. God, that is so annoying what they tell you things that are so specific and then none of it comes true and then it wasn't true. I betcha that woman is so wealthy, like a psychic to the stars.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine. I don't even remember how much I paid her, but it was a lot.
Speaker 1: It's probably like her fifth one of the day. Just tell she probably told every single person their TV show is going to go five season.
Speaker 2: Yeah it didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a that's a great one. You know.
Speaker 2: Do you go to a lot of psychics not stop.
Speaker 1: Never, never stop? Really yeah, I'm always just poking my head in just you know, for research. I don't feel like I've ever had any psychic ever, give me, like, holy shit, I can't believe. I mean, I've had a couple of things that I guess were like prediction type stuff like that where I can look back and go, Okay, that was pretty good. What I really want is a medium, Yeah, to start talking to, like somebody dad.
Speaker 2: Then I know Tyler Henry, Yes, I yeah.
Speaker 1: That has never happened to me.
Speaker 2: He's had some weird predictions that have come true that are so bizarre.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He's had a few. There was one not though, Oh he said somebody's house was going to burn down, Ricky Lake. The other Ricky he said that Ricky Lake's house was going to burn down and then it did, which stuff like that. It's like so wild to say something like that to someone.
Speaker 2: Because it's so unlikely. It's not like it's not like you're going to get another acting job, Ricky, Like right your house is going to burn down. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It goes back to you with being like is this like, am I going to be a weirdo because I'm feeling this feeling and like turns out you're right or whatever. But it's like I'm sure he deals with that all the time where it's like I really don't want to say this to you. He said to Alan Thick like you need to get your heart checked out, and then he passed away because of heart stuff.
Speaker 2: That is that one is crazy? That one's yeah, Tyler Henrys like it dialed into something.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but he's dialed into something. I just recently had a psychic that was like so sure of somebody that was trying to communicate with me, and I was just like, I don't know who that is. But then I started thinking, could it be somebody that has admired me from Afar and they've passed and they would want to like say hi to me from the other side, Like I don't know it, maybe that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: Maybe, or what if it's like a great great grandmother or something like just being like good job, or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but this they were like a young gay guy and he's like being like, you go girl, and I'm like, who I don't like? But they were describing him physically, and I'm like, I can't think of any younger gay guys with that physical description. But like, I don't know, maybe it's like somebody that listened to the podcast or like I don't know something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or that person has no idea what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Who knows one of them could be that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you think you'd be a good fake psychic or fake medium? Could you enough that you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Part of the reason I go to so many psychics is so when all goes to shit for me, I could start charging people and I can start telling them messages from their grandparents.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done a reading on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Have I given someone one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely want me to do it right now? Yeah, okay, okay, I'm there is somebody coming through for you. He's an older man. He keeps telling me like I'm seeing like Embalmings stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, gosh, I don't know anyone that would apply to.
Speaker 1: It's like the weirdest thing because he's like he's like talking about like coffins and.
Speaker 2: No not nothing's ringing a bell. No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Listen, I don't I'm just telling you what I wrong.
Speaker 2: Person. It's for the Jasonmate person.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe maybe that was Yeah, it was for that person somebody else. Hey, can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I love that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the dolls are living? Okay, So Ricky, I go to eBay, I type in the words haunted doll, and you never know what's gonna come up. They all come with their own biographies. These are all real eBay listings. You can see a photo of it on our Instagram at ghosted by Ras. I would like for you today to meet for one hundred dollars Sammy.
Speaker 2: Ugh, yuck, yuck.
Speaker 1: So Sammy is a clown doll? Oh my god. It would appear that he weighs very large hands. Yeah, very large hands.
Speaker 2: Uh, sort of droopy dog eyes.
Speaker 1: Definitely droopy dog eyes. I think dreadlocks. I don't know what's going on with the hair situation, but I appreciate the matching hat with the matching rest of the outfit.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that doll's hunted, but I know I don't want it in my house.
Speaker 1: Well just wait because maybe if after I read this to you, you'll be like, oh, actually I am competitive. Maybe not, I don't know. It just says here the person that sold it is selling it for one hundred dollars, has written, please note it may take a few months with you to see any activity with this doll when it moves from one location another, So please give it time because very rarely you will see activity immediately. So they just wanted to put that disclaimer in there, so don't expect things to happen right away. But it says, meet Sammy, whose nickname is also chuckles. You can hear him chuckling at times. It says, let's be honest, everyone needs a little chaos in their lives. No, they don't.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need more.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. It says, I am selling the perfect conduit for just that. I am reluctantly parting ways with Sammy, a vintage clown doll with unique qualities. Why am I selling him? Good question. Let's just say Sammy comes with baggage, spiritual baggage, specifically the lingering presence of an evil man. Named Sammy that practiced Satanism and is believed to be a serial killer, although never caught. So that's who comes with this doll, apparently guaranteed to haunt your nightmares. Okay, he does self repositioning. He has a habit of ending up in unexpected places. You put him on a shelf, you might find him staring at you from the foot of your bed. He's a real mover. He whispers. You can hear faint whispers.
Speaker 2: I don't want any of that.
Speaker 1: It says mild poulter geist activity, mild, mild polterguy's activity. I don't like.
Speaker 2: How is any poltergeists activity mildo?
Speaker 1: Well, because you know, yeah, you when you picture of bolter guys, it's very aggressive chucking things. This just sort of it says objects, yeah, yeah, just like ah, It says objects in your chuckles may occasionally shift, fall, or mysteriously wind up hidden in various strange places. Missing socks showing up in the freezer. That is weird. That's weird. Now, how is that clown doll climbing up a freezer, opening the door and putting your socks in there? You're starting to lose me on this. His painted eyes, follow you cold spots. He does it all really, and I, you know, I appreciate the well rounded nature, like you know where it's like on a resume special skills, I feel them. He's got a very big special skills.
Speaker 2: Like when you're first started act in your special skills, do you have nothing else in your resumes? You have like forty five special skills that you can barely.
Speaker 1: Do exactly horseback riding, juggling. So it says who is this doll for? I really appreciate the person selling this that they really did their own survey here. Who is this doll for? The aspiring paranormal investigator? Skip the ouiji board, get up close and personal with the afterlife. It also says who is this doll? Not for? Oh, people with heart conditions. Seriously, you might want to set this one out. Children. This is definitely not a toy. Skeptics, you won't be one for long. Anyone who doesn't want to hear about Sammy's horrible sense of humor? Okay, this person's having too much fun with us. It says, I am not responsible for any hauntings, possessions, or general weirdness that might her after purchasing Sammy, there are no refunds. Seriously, please handle him with caution and respect.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, I mean I guess that's the way to get rid of some trash for.
Speaker 1: One hundred dollars. Not a bad way to make a hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get chat GPT to write up that description.
Speaker 1: I am telling you. You will know that my career in show business has ended when I start selling dolls I buy at Goodwills, and I start writing biographies for them, and I start saying I'm giving ratings. Now, that's what you know. I have given up and the entertainment business has given up on me officially.
Speaker 2: But you would do better names than Sammy, I think or Chuckles.
Speaker 1: I like Chuckles. I think that's cute Sammy.
Speaker 2: But yeah Sammy.
Speaker 1: So Sammy is the suspected murderer that is attached to Chuckles the clown doll.
Speaker 2: Oh so there do Okay, they're a package deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it? So basically, uh chuckle like, there isn't a ghost clown or anything like that. There's just a clown doll and then a serial killer that has a twisted sense of humor that hides socks that comes with anywhere Chuckles the doll goes.
Speaker 2: Wow, that would be a pretty horrible afterlife is getting stuck inside chuckles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well I don't know. That's what I always say. I think it goes. You can either choose heaven, hell, or haunted eBay, doll, those are your three options when you die. Apparently.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, Ricky, Yeah, can I.
Speaker 1: Play you some ghost voices? I love that. It's time for EVP or ev please, Okay, So electronic voice phenomena EVPs anytime a ghost is captured speaking. I find recordings on YouTube of real EVPs, and I'm going to play two of them for you, and i want you to tell me what you think they say, Okay, and then I'll give you some options abc D. One of the options being what the person that posted at things it's saying? Okay, okay. This one was posted on YouTube by Jessica r Woe sick and it just says it's at a haunted hotel. What is this ghost saying? Don't do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Totally wait, don't do Yeah. I think that's a pretty good guess what do.
Speaker 2: You think it is? Well, right right, I think it's don't do it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's some options. Just plant some seeds in your head. Maybe it could be one of these. They think it was a please don't talk to him, B don't do it, C doctor, or D don't don't they're doing like the Netflix or or either one. Okay, well, I mean it's B. Yeah, it's definitely that. You're right, it's don't do it do Yeah. And I don't know what they're talking about. Uh, but that is a creepy whisper of a ghost. This was also posted on YouTube by Brandon Elvis, and it is at a place called the Murphy's Historic Hotel in Murphy's, California, which is up north. What is this one saying? Twenty Oh that's harder?
Speaker 2: Keep played again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boo, it's like twenty.
Speaker 2: Here, like twenty two to two or like wait wait waiter, yeah, you're twenty two to two. For some reason, I don't think that's it, because why would she say that.
Speaker 1: She sounds like an old timy lady. Like, I know, it's weird, how like people's affectations a stuff have changed, you know, But I feel like she's like I feel like she's from whatever era like Minie Mouse is based on, like that type of Russell.
Speaker 2: She's like what do you know sir yea twenty two two, twenty two two, twenty two two. She's like a little girl. She's like a little kid actor in the fifties mother. Oh you know what she sounds like. She sounds like in at the end of It's a Wonderful Life. Every time I bail rings.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god, which is like teachers, it's that, it is that, Oh my god? Well do they think it was A what do you think you're doing? B? Why don't you think I'm cute? Oh? I've said that. CE, what do I have to do? Or D? I want to see Puss in Boots? Don't want to see that movie Puss in Boots. Gosh, I'm torn between A and C. Either what do you think You're doing?
Speaker 2: Or C?
Speaker 1: What do I have to do? It sounds like two two, So what do I have to do? Maybe? Maybe CE they believe it's a what do you think you're doing? Okay, now that we know that, let's listen. Yeah, where's that doing? Because it's not like what do you think you're I could hear maybe what do you think you you do? You do? I don't know. I listen. I it's in California. It's not too far. I'm gonna I'm gonna head on up there and try to talk to this woman investigating and go listen. We just need to know what did you say that time on YouTube? What do you do? What do you do? What the teachers is? What are you doing every time of And that's why you have this gorgeous voiceover recording booth, because you can do amazing voice. You can do that daughter from I don't know, what's a wonderful life. I don't know what that character's name is. I feel like I do know because I watched it this last Christmas.
Speaker 2: Always like Tommy Jane, there.
Speaker 1: Always generic Susie. Ricky is a great name. Thank you, and I got to have you on the show and I'm honored. And that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. Thank you for having Ross is a great.
Speaker 1: Name, Thank you and our name the two of us. Ricky. What's going on? Where are you at? What are you doing well?
Speaker 2: I have a new album out it's called No Worries If Not. It's my first full length solo album, and I've been performing on the road doing a fertility musical that's a comedy. It's called Dead Inside and I'm.
Speaker 1: Touring it, so where are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm setting it up right now, but I'm going to New York, New York and Texas next and doing it in Los Angeles and then after that, I'm not totally sure.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal. Well, congratulations, thank you? What do you think? Good dude, what do you do? Thank you, Ricky? That was fun. Hey, make sure you're listening to this podcast on the Heart radio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts. Make sure you give us a nice little rating. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me, kay By. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer. Listen to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.