Speaker 1: Word with me here.
Speaker 2: You know, b T.
Speaker 3: It's just so low shot of O C T. No real color what we see whole game? Ready, Butler bo something? Oh, you can't stand on their own, Susie. I already know you can't bother with me because up with the squad on me. They get a little they called me love he love but Alert.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Butler Alert Show.
Speaker 1: Is O C T with us? This boy, you know big T.
Speaker 4: We got a special guest.
Speaker 1: In the build.
Speaker 4: Then you want to introduce yourself since you already doing radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, you already know I'm here.
Speaker 5: It's Amy Luciani, y'all, the bad Lady Detroit Stand Up, Atlanta, stand doub Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, make sure y'all like subscribe to all that.
Speaker 4: Y'all finna get into it.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'm ready hosting the show with us.
Speaker 1: I'm hosting the show. I feel really special? Am I important?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Why you here? You know i'd be too humble.
Speaker 5: I'll be coming places sometime and be like, y'all want me here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 4: Guys, you're shining and you're looking good. Thank you a million buck?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right, here we got I love Majory at home. You got the earring zone. Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: I got one in, I left, I lost the other one. I don't know how.
Speaker 5: Look, I got a secret looks Tory Lanez sen years.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts about that? Do y'all think it's fair?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this. I'm not a girl who fears cancelation of the culture. I feel like it was excessive. I felt like ten it was so many loops in this story for me that I literally couldn't pick aside and go with him or her.
Speaker 8: But I know, yeah, No, I think it was excessive.
Speaker 1: I think it was a little bit of assessive as well.
Speaker 7: The reason why I say that because honestly, I thought Tory Lanez was gonna get off.
Speaker 8: You did.
Speaker 1: I honestly thought he was.
Speaker 7: Gonna get off because and oh, cet, I know you're looking at me crazy.
Speaker 1: This is why I'm going to say this, Because when.
Speaker 7: They were it was so much stuff going on, like back and like it was just such a great crowd, Like it's like all the information, you don't really know what's going on based on what they was telling us. And I've seen where they said that they couldn't find his handprints on the.
Speaker 8: Gun that blew me away.
Speaker 1: So and you know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not a lawyer, but I'm thinking, like everybody else, like, okay, if you can't if this guy supposedly shot her the prince his.
Speaker 8: Gun, that would be on the gun if you did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was more so the cockiness and yeah, spreading it.
Speaker 8: It was an example being set. I love with this.
Speaker 6: Because then they alleged was alleged that he was leaking the information to academics.
Speaker 7: Yeah, allegedly because Meghan posted that, Yo, how are you getting this information? We ain't even went the we ain't even inside the court room. Yeah, you know you posting this stuff.
Speaker 5: So it was an area there was because it was such a big conversation. I felt like on his end, he was kind of coming out already like I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Win this, and and I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 7: I was like the way he was acting, because you know, allegedly he punched august Alsina, he didn't.
Speaker 8: He didn't relax when it was time to.
Speaker 7: Roll aloud and he and he broke his you know, he had to stay away from her.
Speaker 8: So he was playing voicemails. I don't know if you knew.
Speaker 5: It's like voicemails being played on one of his mixtapes.
Speaker 8: They made him remove it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, you need to be quiet right now and remorseful.
Speaker 7: Essentially, what you're in court for is to prove that you are a human being that's you know, privileged to be out here in the world. But when you're doing all these things outside of court, when you come in, you just looked at as a minute, So it doesn't matter how good of a lawyer that you have.
Speaker 1: They looking at you. It's like, okay, you're you.
Speaker 7: You want to convince the jury that you're innocent and you're not capable of.
Speaker 1: Doing something like that.
Speaker 7: But when we looking on the internet, it's suing that you know, allegedly you punched August House Scene in the face and you have said that you.
Speaker 5: Didn't, and that kind of came That's what really affected him. Yeah, he denied it fully, and then the clip came out and it was like toy, what.
Speaker 6: The yeah, and then he said that he would be proven innocent.
Speaker 4: That was one of his last tweets or something.
Speaker 5: I think I stopped really giving my opinion on social media because I was following following it like everybody else.
Speaker 8: But when she said that they.
Speaker 5: Were never sexual and that I promise you, that's when I really was like, I went and took a lot of tweets and I was like, let me just sit back and just shut.
Speaker 4: Up because you were staying with her.
Speaker 5: At first, I was like, she's sleep with him, Like, oh, maybe this was a reaction of a man being jealous or whatever and being rejected. But when the courts proved that they had been, you know, together, I was like, Amy, shut up, don't even talk about this.
Speaker 1: It was such a weird trial.
Speaker 8: This is crazy.
Speaker 7: But I think, you know, I think it's sat on both parts man, because you know, Megan, this is something she's gonna have to deal with the rest of her life and her career. And we got to see another black man, unfortunately, go to prison.
Speaker 4: Career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he still has a chance. He's getting I just saw he's getting out. I think at forty seven, if he does the full time, he gonna do the full time.
Speaker 8: No celebrity ever does the even a few years away from your kids.
Speaker 1: When it's like, oh, one.
Speaker 4: Thing, we do know for sure, he going he going back to Canada.
Speaker 1: Oh deported.
Speaker 6: Oh he is going back and as you're done here, you're going back to Canada, buddy, they're not even about to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't wish prison on no old body.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, especially team.
Speaker 1: I watched it.
Speaker 7: I watched too many crazy prison stuff did you see in movies? And I was like, that's not the place that I think anybody should should be living here.
Speaker 5: And then when you're coming from such a successful life and on a fight all the money, imagine, it's different being a mall time millionaire going.
Speaker 6: To prison, and it's different being black going to prison because I'm pretty sure his experience isn't the same as Chris Lee's.
Speaker 7: Oh no, but you know he's gonna he's gonna be what I was reading about it. He's going to be in higher power, which is protective custody, So he's going to be on lockdown majority of the time.
Speaker 1: Tori. Yeah, Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you're a celebrity, you know, is that good or bad?
Speaker 5: All them years on lockdown and I don't know. They put me out there with the wolves. I'm not trying to be in my little corner cubicle on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because imagine you've been locked down for like ninety percent of the day.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Another sad case man, Raven Simone was encouraged to get surgery by her father.
Speaker 9: Had two breast productions in lipol before I turned eighteen. My dad suggested strongly that I should get my breast reduced.
Speaker 4: He was like, so you don't feel bad?
Speaker 9: Is there anything you want? I was like what I was like, Yeah, if I get lightpol people stop calling me fat.
Speaker 8: That's sick.
Speaker 4: That is sick.
Speaker 7: That six that's so sad man. It's like people don't even allow people to be people. People who cares about somebody being fat or skinned or big or tall.
Speaker 8: And your dad is pushing it.
Speaker 1: Who is her father telling her some stuff like that before eighteen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like because she was She had a hit TV show That's all Raven.
Speaker 4: This is that's so Raven days.
Speaker 8: You know, yeah, she.
Speaker 7: But nobody, nobody on that show ever thought she was fat, like I watched her, But she said.
Speaker 4: She was being told that so Hollywood, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she looked like my cousin I was growing up. That was normal for us.
Speaker 4: Looking at her, It's just like Jennifer Husband.
Speaker 6: She said she didn't know, she was fat until she left Chicago, till she left.
Speaker 1: Her comfort zone.
Speaker 6: You know, we we don't see it as that, but you know, when Raven was hot. She first off, she's a child star. But when she really you know, came and peaked, that's so Raven. You's got to think about it. You know, he had all the skinny girls at that time.
Speaker 8: They were trying to under one hundred pounds.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 1: But I feel like everybody in Hollywood, skinny.
Speaker 5: Especially but especially trying to be are killing themselves to become skinny like that.
Speaker 6: Beyonce was skinny back then, you know, going on dice to look a certain way.
Speaker 4: Yep, that was that time. Now they're trying to look thicker.
Speaker 1: Time has changed.
Speaker 8: Time has changed.
Speaker 1: You got the big girl supermodels now.
Speaker 5: But that's why you shouldn't be helped telling kids to change their body so early, because look how times have changed where you at one point, obviously the BBO was like the big thing in our community. Now if you look all those celebrities that people went and followed, they're going back to being slim, They're going back to being fit, and now people are starving themselves to go back to it.
Speaker 7: Like when I was growing up, I didn't even know nothing about what surgery was.
Speaker 1: I thought surgery was like if you broke your leg, me too, you know what I'm saying, me too.
Speaker 7: That was like these kids nowadays, and you know, middle school in high school, they know what like bbl yea.
Speaker 1: I would never know what any of those things were. You know, it's social media.
Speaker 5: We're in a time where we are just overdoing a lot. I'm around so many girls, they just change so quick in front of me, and it's it's social media.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, there's a lot of girls changing on Lizzo right now because six more girls have come out and uh said that she created a hostile work environment and some of the new complaints saying that she's failed to pay them all. These employees worked on her watch Out for the Big Girls Amazon series and her tour.
Speaker 1: What are they looking a game from this situation? Because some money, some money. So Lizzo just paid these people. So they go away once.
Speaker 5: She starts doing that, and it's like, Okay, she's just gonna pay out.
Speaker 1: If she's stills salegations are wild.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think if she starts setting with people, they're gonna think it's true.
Speaker 5: It is, yeah, but if you don't pay them is giving It's like she's just.
Speaker 1: Gonna get dragged out.
Speaker 7: Like you don't what always wonder This is what always wondered every time we look up and we see like, you know, celebrities, they're they're getting suit or allegations.
Speaker 1: Why is always like it's twenty more people just come out of.
Speaker 5: The everybody's vocal suddenly everybody's That's the part that makes it always sketchy for me because I'm like, dude, where were you if this happened to you a year ago?
Speaker 8: Why are you speaking of now?
Speaker 5: Well, finally somebody use their voice while I'm feeling, you know, brave enough to do it all twenty of y'all.
Speaker 7: And I mean, if she did do that, you know, I hope they get I hope they get paid, and I hope they get taken care of it. If they really were in a hostile environment and you know, they were forced to do things that they didn't want to do.
Speaker 1: It's just one time.
Speaker 5: For me to feel like what these girls are seeing, where was some sexual weirdness going on? I'm dismissing myself and you don't got a worry about me?
Speaker 1: Coming back.
Speaker 5: I'm suing you because you got your one time to put me in that position.
Speaker 1: But they were a legend.
Speaker 8: They just kept dealing with it.
Speaker 5: And that's the part is like when is y'all where's y'all accountability? If you kept coming with your crazy tell self, you kept showing up, and it was just it got to the point it was unbearable.
Speaker 8: You didn't have to come back after the first time.
Speaker 7: If your boss did anything and told you to do something that you were not comfortable doing, you have every opportunity to.
Speaker 1: Leave, every opportunity I had to.
Speaker 7: I had to touch a dick and I like and then they probably touched that dick and was like, I probably get I could probably suit this bitch for having to touch.
Speaker 5: This dick because I'm just trying to see why did Why would Lizzeo have had to be so hands on to be like, come here, you're gonna touch this?
Speaker 8: Like what's it?
Speaker 4: Your team trying to hang out with her, like trying to be cool.
Speaker 6: And the thing is they don't know the difference, like I'm not your friend, your boss, but.
Speaker 7: A lot of a lot of a lot of these like these workers they be trying to get with these celebrities and be hanging around.
Speaker 1: They like, damn, this nigga smoke crack. I didn't know that he tried to give me to smoke some cracks. That's why you gotta work. And then don't go with your boss.
Speaker 7: Don't hang out and have cocktails with your body fragnizing.
Speaker 8: That's that's the real problem.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 8: What's Up?
Speaker 5: Y'all's Amy Luciani and you are now tuned into.
Speaker 1: The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: Back with more of the Butler Alert Show. Amy Luciani hanging out with us.
Speaker 1: What Up? Alert? And we've been doing some talking going on.
Speaker 5: We've been I'm on my mind. I'm just thinking all this mass is going on in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now it's all about you, man.
Speaker 6: We want to know a little bit more about Amy l Yes, are you half Italian?
Speaker 5: Or where's I am? Fully black baby? Okay with an Italian stage name? Okay, but it's it's the story behind it all right, Well, let us know where that came from.
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 4: Where are you from Detroit?
Speaker 5: You said, Yep, I've been in Atlanta for some years, just pursuing the music, really just working my business, working my brand. My government name is Ambarrolls, reallytic, yeah, hyphen a. That's my first name, the real Ambarrolls. So I always tell people, like so many people are confused when they watch my Instagram or different platforms I'm on and my original og fans that's been here from the beginning, They'll be like, oh, I love that Ambrose or Ambrose, you look so pretty at that and people like this, I mean, why do you call her Ambrose?
Speaker 8: I'm so confused. I'm like, see, y'all don't even know. You don't even know.
Speaker 5: It's no middle name, just ambar Rolls.
Speaker 8: My grandmother's name is Rose Marie.
Speaker 5: When Ambrose was like really popping and really like doing her thing, this around Kanye time, I was doing a lot of musical shows and open mic. This is like the first stage of being a rapper. Like I'm in Detroit, Yeah no, I was in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I moved here right out of high school.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I was just doing a lot of performances. And of course it's my government name, so it's Ambrose on all the flyers, and it would be so many awkward positions where I would be in, like where people might show up at different events and be like I saw the name of Ambar rolls on here, like you're black, I'm so confused. Who were you? And I'm like, that's my name? What's this other girl named Ambrose? And I start getting hip to her and I'm like what the hell? And from there, I was sitting there and I'm like, I'm so tired of asking, i mean, being being asked a question like why are you going with the name Ambrose?
Speaker 8: Why'd you copy this girl from?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: And I just got tired of pulling out the id, like now, what were you saying?
Speaker 1: Baby? So that's what made you say?
Speaker 5: That's not her real name, No, shade, that's not her real name. So I'm like, I'm copying the name.
Speaker 1: That's not even her name.
Speaker 5: This is my government name. So one day I just came up with the artist's name. I was just like, you know, let's switch it up, let's do a little quick reinvention.
Speaker 4: How'd you come with Amy?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: I was always giving guys the name Amy in the club, just like if I don't want to talk to him, I was always Amy, So that was your alter ego. Always, so many guys like you remember me Amy? I know that was something I was ignoring. If a dude used to say Amy to me, I knew I wasn't interest.
Speaker 1: You'd be like you called me? What that was the that.
Speaker 5: Was the yeah, or dude saying like hey Amy and so and so like oh, I definitely not really want to get him my number. So Amy was always a funny thing with me and my friends like Amy. They bring me to somebody like, yeah, you told me you're you're Amy?
Speaker 1: Yes, friend, I'm Amy. That's my name.
Speaker 4: I think we all do that.
Speaker 1: I haven't you do.
Speaker 4: Different names though.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing that women do.
Speaker 8: It's a thing we do when we don't want to be friends.
Speaker 1: Know where you're going? Who are you gonna be? Okay, I beat this, I'm all right. I never knew that.
Speaker 8: Oh it's the thing. C B T.
Speaker 1: You look good.
Speaker 5: You know you probably wasn't getting that. We was giving that to guys in the club for sure, So what's the aim. I'd be like, oh, hey, sometimes I forget myself. So when I was thinking of yeah.
Speaker 6: Everybody ain't seen that Living single episode where Max gave her name as Chakuan, and the dude was like, Shaquan.
Speaker 4: You gonna ignore me all night.
Speaker 1: I'm lame.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: Either, Okay, I gotta watch I haven't seen it.
Speaker 8: Don't don't take all black car now take it because I still haven't. I'm not going there. I haven't seen a movie that.
Speaker 4: Oh that was U.
Speaker 5: That's living that's a show. Yeah, but it's a movie I haven't seen. If I told y'all, but I'm not tell us, y'all would take her.
Speaker 1: No, you're.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't seen Best Men. Oh are boys in the Hood yet?
Speaker 1: You ain't seen boys in the hood.
Speaker 4: She's giving amy.
Speaker 1: She's definitely given amy.
Speaker 5: And if I react like that, I haven't seen boys in the Hood yet.
Speaker 1: That's a classic.
Speaker 5: I tried to y'all, try to literally try to sit and watch it. Something always happened. I never can watch the like.
Speaker 1: And then you'll see a lot of the stars in there that are that are like.
Speaker 6: Starch Chestnut and all the start. You know, she don't seen Best Men.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I haven't seen best You could play that game before.
Speaker 8: Fox, Yeah I have seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna take gonna take back in the day.
Speaker 4: You wasn't watching movies.
Speaker 5: Girl, I've been doing the music since a kid, literally on TV doing this. My mom did not play. We was me and my sisters were in a singing group.
Speaker 8: We were on a tour.
Speaker 5: We used to be the open act for five Wow Maine dupri B two k Entrance was four little middle schoolers wrapping Detroit, all four of us. So I didn't get to really see a lot of the stuff. But you know, I sit down sometime and when friends tell me, like, girl, ain't no way you haven't heard this or watch this, I'll sit down and catch up.
Speaker 8: But I'm typically late to a lot of Yeah, mama was Joe or something. She was definitely yes, And that's funny.
Speaker 5: My mom name is last name was Jackson and first name started with a J. So people my friends used to be like, your mom is scary, she's Joe Jackson.
Speaker 8: Like, are y'all still up there rehearsing? Yes, we still are Wow.
Speaker 7: But really that's good because listening to your story, it kind of reminds me of like Coco Jones story, right, Like how she was talking about how long she was doing music and stuff like that. And it really just shows you how long it actually takes to actually really do this business.
Speaker 5: It is not something that happens overnight. I just posted a clip of my sisters and I on the Jenny Jones Show.
Speaker 8: I was twelve. I was twelve performing and.
Speaker 5: So when someone sent in they said, ayy is this you on this show? And I'm like, I was sewing beers. I was like, oh my god, yes that was me and your sisters.
Speaker 1: Where are they at? Do they still do music?
Speaker 5: So I will always tell people it doesn't happen overnight, Like the success, don't even put a date on it. If you really love what you're doing, is just gonna happen. But if you sitting there like I'm giving myself the next summer to become a baby, you and ron business already, you already starting wrong.
Speaker 4: So did your mom push you to go to Atlanta to still do music?
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 5: My mom still manages me to this day. I'm still my mama jer for all my sisters. One is a tattoo artist, one is a set in design creative person. So my mom definitely I told her right out of high school, like, yeah, I'm leaving Detroit.
Speaker 1: There's no way I'm gonna be here, like trying to be.
Speaker 5: Great, and she was like, oh, you should go, and then she moved the same year here. Okay, so now we are all Now all of us are here, all your sisters, all of us.
Speaker 4: That's support right there. A lot of people don't get that.
Speaker 8: My mom day one support.
Speaker 1: So finding your.
Speaker 4: Footing in music, what was the what was that breakthrough moment?
Speaker 5: I would say the breakthrough moment for me was really when I stopped trying to go after a deal and really like, have these goals of I'm gonna sign to this person. I was putting too much on the calendar of like dates and timelines and deadlines, And when I stopped doing that and was like, no, you're just gonna go out there.
Speaker 8: You're gonna be a music artist.
Speaker 5: You're gonna meet people on network and let it come to you versus I think every independent artist or artist at that has a moment where it's like you feel this little desperation you've been doing it for a minute. You kind of felt like, no, like I'm gonna go ahead and sign to them. I'm a When I stopped looking at things like deadline dates, kind of I feel like things change.
Speaker 8: So now everything I do is like, this is what I want to do.
Speaker 1: It's gonna come to me.
Speaker 8: It's like everything changed in my career.
Speaker 5: When I stop, I say being thirsty for it, but people say, heyman, you've never been thirsty.
Speaker 8: But I felt that I wanted it too bad at one point and I was like, dang.
Speaker 5: I'm like putting these dates and stuff. And I met a person they were like, just do it. Stop trying to put a date and cap a date on what's going to happen. You love doing this, girl, Just wake up and do it. And I feel like that's what just changed everything for me.
Speaker 7: That's what a lot of the Grace talk about as well, about how people are, you know, they want to be successful in this business so bad bad, and they forget to like have fun, enjoy it. I think about the money, and I think about those things because those things are going to eventually come.
Speaker 1: But I forgot who posted this on Instagram.
Speaker 7: Somebody said, if you're not willing to be broke for ten years, then don't get into the entertainment business. This is true, and that was probably the realist quote that I've ever seen about the the entertainment business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you know as an artist, what we really go through, like one hundred doors to get one. The average person can't take one hundred doors. It just breaks their hun My bad. Yeah, a lot of people cannot take a hundred no's. It feels like, Okay, you have a moment in your career, like maybe this ain't for me, but the ones that make it and they really go and have these long careers, I'll be sitting there like I have nothing bad to say because to make it that far, trust me, they sent a lot of meetings where they were told not good enough, not pretty enough, or he doesn't look good. And to make it, it's like if you knew what we go through, to break a little bit of a stride is not an easy thing to do. So I just got so much respect for a lot of artists. That's why I don't really pick the size on this girl that Nikki's the Cardi's.
Speaker 1: So that doesn't That doesn't upset you.
Speaker 7: Know you don't feel like the industry is like colorists, Yeah, I do, but.
Speaker 5: I don't let it upset me. Yeah, Like I'm so different. The industry is very colorless, But I don't cry about it because I live it every day. Every day I wake up like this. I deal with it on so many levels. But it's been happening so long that I feel like to start crying and complaining and overshadowing the music and what I'm here to do with the blogs eating up And he's talking about colorism again, like I've already talked about it.
Speaker 8: People were like agreeing.
Speaker 5: A lot of big celebrities like right, and like, girl, I've been through that. Keep your head up now. It's like you just gotta live around it and in it. But it is a real thing in.
Speaker 7: The industry, so you really feel like the labels are pushing light skin rappers or.
Speaker 5: For sure the numbers, the numbers prove it's a historic thing.
Speaker 8: It's not a new thing.
Speaker 5: It's a historic thing that lighter looks brighter and looks more appealing to the eye, and it looks more endorsable and more. It's true, you're gonna get maybe you have to get like one or two token black girls that really wrap in the game.
Speaker 8: Every so a couple of years, every couple of years, but.
Speaker 5: It's so many more of us that are so talented, and the conversation like why isn't so and so made and so and so, she's so talent talented, I'd be sitting there looking like I can assure you right now, if she bleached herself just a little bit.
Speaker 8: When a little blonde and did a little.
Speaker 5: Lighter, you will see a stride start happening little by little.
Speaker 1: It's factual.
Speaker 6: Yes, you share an experience of a color situation that you've personally dealt.
Speaker 5: With, Oh for sure, I'll share two actually, but one quick one. The first one that I encountered. It was like, WHOA a few years ago when I was doing like I would do video girl work, meaning on a professional level, if they needed a video model, I had a person.
Speaker 8: It was kind of booking me and I would go.
Speaker 5: And I remember one particular video I was invited out and it was a bunch of girls there and this is like one of the biggest rappers in the world still to this day. And I remember being in the back and it was me and it was about two other One girl was my color, but one was probably dark as this mic, but she was just gorgeous, drop that dead gorgeous, right, And I remember kind of being in the back and they had sub sandwiches for everybody, and we have to be in this one area where you can hear this. The artist when he walked on the set, he said it. It was not he tried to hide it. He didn't try to whisper it. He came on, was like, where the other girls at? Where the rest of the girls at the red Where the red girls at? You already know what I told y'all to bring. They were like, we have a lot of them. We have only like five brown skinned girl. He straight up was like, they're not doing get the girls. I asked for her to come and not hear. The girl like, I don't know she was an assistant, I don't know who she was, but we can hear. We were right there on the set, but we're kind of away, but I'm sitting there eating the sandwich like.
Speaker 1: He ain't even trying to whisper this.
Speaker 5: And the girls were like, we're used to this, and I said, it's sad, I've never encountered this. But the girl dark like this was like I deal with it every video I pop.
Speaker 8: Up too, And I was like, you still do it. He literally was like, this ain't what I asked for.
Speaker 5: Where's the light skinned girls, like one or two of them can stay, but all five of them no. I had never heard that before, and I'm thinking I ain't even that dark. But if I was, they dismissed us off to say, I promise you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: First of all, we sat for about two hours, and I was sitting there like I should really get up and leave myself. But just being transparent, I was broke around that time. I had bills, we were getting paid a decent check, and I'm like, I'm gonna see this through because I need the money. But a little bit of me sat there and was just like, this is disgusting that we're here dealing with this and this person is blacker than me.
Speaker 1: This artist is darker than me.
Speaker 8: Who said it two times darker than me? And I just was like, dang, for sure, And.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure you probably was a fan of them, and then it probably kind of turned you off with their music.
Speaker 5: Look, I was definitely turned if I don't listen to this artist to this day. And this artist has said several things out loud about brown skinned women and liking them read better. He's still doing it to this day. But I stopped being a fan years ago. But to see when I see like black women still like common and supporting them. I just be still confused. But again, I'm a lane rider. I know how to shut my mouth, but I know I don't support.
Speaker 8: Them at all.
Speaker 5: So another time I was had opportunity through an agency I was with that they were looking for a model to be like on a book cover. It was a black author and they were the agency. You know, they pulled me in a couple of girls, and they accidentally put me in the wrong email chat where the person who book it was his agency hit the agency or the manager was like, he does not want a brown skinned girl like he wants blazing.
Speaker 8: He wants a black and agent, you know, a girl that's mixed.
Speaker 5: And everybody in the chat voted me to be on the cover of the book.
Speaker 8: I promise you.
Speaker 5: They were like, we don't care what all these people and it's chatter saying he does not want a brownskin girl on here. And this was again a person who was two times darker than me. So I was like, how did I It was several girls going for the book opportunity. However, that went and I was excited because after weeks of them doing a negotiation, when they added me to the email, they were like, Amy, they picked you, like everybody on here wanted you.
Speaker 8: And then a person came in.
Speaker 5: I'm sure she meant to send it separately, but she went into the email and was like, he does not want a brown skin girl on the cover.
Speaker 8: Like we made that clear.
Speaker 5: And next thing, you know, next day I got to text, sorry, Amy, you know we all picked you, but they want to go a different ride.
Speaker 8: I was like, I was on the email. I saw you weren't supposed to be on that one.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, that's weird, but okay, I just got to learn to live around it for real food. But it's the thing is very real.
Speaker 6: And does that make you feel any type of way towards lighter skin people.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: If anything, makes me feel sad for us as a community, because this is been something we've been dealing with for a long time. This isn't an overnight conversation. It's one of them conversations that when people have it, us brown skinned girls kind of look like crybabies, sort of save face. A lot of us don't talk about it, but it's a conversation that if you probably put ten dark skinned women in the room some of the stories will be probably horrific of how they tried to pin us against when it's like, my mentality is, you can be dark skinned, light skin, white brown.
Speaker 8: And be beautiful.
Speaker 5: You can be light skin and not be that appealing to the eyes. You can be dark skin and not be appealing. But it's sad that it's our community that does it. You don't hear white people saying it. You don't hear even really Caribbean people. It's more of us, that conversation of she's lighter, she looks better. It's not even other ethnicity saying it. So to me, it's like, I don't know. I just try to be more inclusive with my music. I do a lot of music big and brown skinned women up. I have been on the chopping block for that. I just recently ended up on a blog for a comment that I responded to a song I put out, and the girl said, it's funny that you only put dark skinned women in the video. You're being just how you're saying people are. But my thought process was typically, y'all wonn't putting none of them in the video. I made sure I put all of them, and I purposely put some girls that weren't what you would call a fine girl. Some of them was big, some of them had what people would consider nappy hair. I was like, I love it. I want you to be in a video with your afro and on. And people were like, where are the light skin girls? Where are the white girls? You're really the prejudice one. And I'm like, listen, you can't win this war, but I'm going to make them feel beautiful for a time in a video. And I did it, and I felt good looking at the video, like they deserve a shine and be made to feel pretty, even if the world is saying they're not so child, I'm doing it for us. I'm in the a black woman experience. I'm a dark skinned girl with regular black woman hair under this wig, and I'm doing it for us. My experience isn'ten of white women or of light skiin so my music does typically be black girl puts you know, keep your head up, nappy head, black girl, The hair is beautiful. I have to say it because I live the experience of people don't say it to us enough, So.
Speaker 8: Why would I not say it in my music?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I don't really understand how people will be confused with me sometime when I'm like, you're black and beautiful, and I say it all the time, and.
Speaker 8: It's like, what about us.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about y'all right now, I'm talking about what I'm seeing, and y'all need to see the reflection of how I look.
Speaker 8: You know, you look beautiful. Oh you can't win that.
Speaker 4: Basically right now. I think that's part of being a change you.
Speaker 6: Want to see, you know, and with you're doing that in your music and stuff like that, and it's just amazing to see how you persevere through all that and becoming a success that you are today.
Speaker 4: And that is very commend you to that.
Speaker 6: Thank you was one of your what was your successful moment?
Speaker 4: Like the moment that you was like, Okay, I got it now.
Speaker 5: I would say my first successful moment would be my first big writing session. A lot of people to know I wrote for people, but you know in that that part of the industry, you can't really be as vocal like hey, I wrote her song like my Name is on. So I felt really good that I always wanted to write for a big artists And when I got a call to be in a writing session with four of like some of the biggest songwriters in our area. Like when I called, I kind of felt like I am not supposed to be in this room.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: It was crazy when I got there, and that was my first time my career feeling like, oh my god, it's actually you are being heard. Sometimes it feels like you aren't as an independent artist when you haven't made it big or the number one record, you know, like people say are charting and jen. So when I walked in the room and I sat there and people were like, heymy we heard some of your references, we heard some of your songs, we heard so and so song. We didn't know you wrote that or co wrote it. I was like, wow, I didn't even know y'all even knew me or were talking about me. So that really encouraged me. They were like, girl, we've been talking about you for about two years actually, and I was like, dang, you don't really know that some people know you and things.
Speaker 8: My mentality changed.
Speaker 6: I was like, get the stuff that your Did you have a manager or was it your mom?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: I had a situation where Red Bull Publishing and was sitting down and was negotiating some work with them, and two other songwriters shout out to London Jay two, he writes to London, Yeah, definitely my homie and that's that's like a mentor to me.
Speaker 8: Spart.
Speaker 1: About a lot of a lot of he is the one.
Speaker 5: He is the one, like London, I do this to him when I see him, like so shout out to him.
Speaker 8: But yeah.
Speaker 5: I end up in a writing session with him and a couple other people and when they were like, yeah, we heard some stuff you wrote. What do you mean you're shocked to be here? I was like, I just because I haven't had this opportunity before. That changed everything for me because I used to From there, I was like, you got to stop working and being great to hear somebody say we heard it, Amy, because I learned that day. Sometimes they don't even tell you they heard you, but they're hearing you in fans and they were pulling up references, like we got this reference in our email with all these songwriters months ago and it was you.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what y'all in LA They're like yes, Amy.
Speaker 8: So from there, I'm like, girl, you are that girl period.
Speaker 4: What can you share some of the artists that you wrote for?
Speaker 5: I can tell you some writing sessions I've been in. That's how you have to do that legally. I'm into something. Yeah, I can tell you something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just you know, just a couple of writing sessions.
Speaker 5: I have been in writing sessions for Cardi B And that's I'll leave it at that. That was the huge that was my most biggest opportunity. And I was the only girl in the room with all the male writers.
Speaker 1: So can you.
Speaker 4: Give us an example of what a writing session is like for people.
Speaker 5: Who yes, yes, so a writing session you'll get obviously you know your confidential email through whoever you're working with, if you have a pub deal or a label deal, and they will tell you, like which label is looking for songs, and they'll tell you what type of songs they're looking for a meaning so and so has a ten song album and it's about to come out. The last two records they wanted to be maybe club boppy fun or a deep record. It's like heartbro got dumbed. To let you know, and depend on what your writing cadence is, you might get the email like, hey, so a session coming in.
Speaker 8: You want to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: You don't know who you're walking in there, Like I've walked in with London j before and been like, what's.
Speaker 1: Up, London.
Speaker 8: I don't know how excited I am.
Speaker 1: To be here with you.
Speaker 5: But you don't know who you're coming into, and sometimes you don't even know the artists that you're writing for. Sometimes you might have a publishing deal of a pub deal and get in there and it's like, oh, yeah, you writing for I don't want to name somebody who writes for themselves, but whoever's been vocal about not writing for themselves. You might come in and be like, who's working on this?
Speaker 1: That never happens.
Speaker 5: You might come in and be like, I'm real, like how many songs does she need? Well, they really only need one, and it's literally twenty people sometimes trying to get theirs.
Speaker 1: To people writing on one song. For sure.
Speaker 4: Sean Garrett kind of shared that with us.
Speaker 6: It's like a whole bunch of people and they're just like fighting for that on the.
Speaker 5: Album, and sometimes you're not fighting that. That's the sentence a chance to be on an album, because sometimes you could write the whole verse and when you hear it and how y'all negotiating work it, it ended up being you only got one sentence of what you said it was dope out of it, and then this other songwriter he got the second sentence.
Speaker 8: You're like, damn.
Speaker 6: But then you know, the artists want to get their their credit too, so they can just take something they hear and then say, well, I want to rework it like.
Speaker 5: This, and now you're getting them on the split sheet always gets real ugly and dirty. You can, and that's why songwriters are always trying to write.
Speaker 7: I feel like at this point everybody has writers and it because you know, some of the biggest I don't understand why it's a big deal. Yeah, because when you look at some of the biggest artists in the world from you know, years ago, like you look at people like Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson wasn't writing no song right.
Speaker 6: The objective of the music game is to sell records, and whatever sells the best is what they want so bad you're writing something that sounds like on what's on the radio, you're more than likely gonna get that.
Speaker 5: Job and you're going to be on like a two year run because it's sounds in the end industry where it's a moment where it's like everything y'all remember the Roscoe Dash moment where everybody it was just a sign of music.
Speaker 1: Snap music.
Speaker 5: They're going to send in the power writers that are quiet in the back, like, oh, this is what I do. I write all the snap the finger type he is. It's like a cadence for every type of songwriter. London Jay works well with everybody, but he's really good with women, the female rappers. Able to write so much of that and he's like the most.
Speaker 1: That's what I heard.
Speaker 7: I heard, That's what That's why I was like, lont.
Speaker 6: What makes him a beast is because he's selling the records.
Speaker 1: He's selling the record and if.
Speaker 4: You are making the most money, they want you.
Speaker 5: Every time and he don't miss so so so basically you can write the record and then it can be ten. I've been in the session before and it was fourteen people there and I was just like, oh my god. And when I say they are hungry, they're not in their plan with you. I had to learn I was missing opportunities when I started because I'm I'm kind of I'm the humble girl, like I know my power.
Speaker 8: I sit there sometime and be like, you don't even know you're talking to sometime.
Speaker 5: But I was coming to them sessions so humble, and I was saying how aggressive they are and I had to learn quick.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, because I remember I.
Speaker 5: Was in a session one time, my kid, you not I opened a moment as a songwriter.
Speaker 8: I went there.
Speaker 5: It was like, lay that part down, that was good, we like what you said. I go in there and somebody, a guy came in and was like, yeah, they want me to say my part, and I was like, what come out?
Speaker 8: I came out. They were like, yeah, we like that better, so you cancel that part that she said.
Speaker 5: Put his one sentence on there. It was aggressive. They was in there like we want the most on this publishing. We want to be the one to get the most out of it. And you got to be in there ready to fight.
Speaker 7: Not literally, yeah, because a lot of people behind the scenes they not making money like these artists. You're not going to do shows and stuff like that, so your only stream of income is like, I gotta get on this record to get this because it takes you know, a while to get paid.
Speaker 1: Is awesome.
Speaker 5: Not only that the producer getting fifty percent of it immediately, automatic immediately well and that's what we producers get fifty.
Speaker 6: You break down the split, so it's fifty percent for the songwriter, fifty percent for the producer.
Speaker 1: Now imagine ten people writing on that record, like you get ten percent, you get five, y'all.
Speaker 8: That's the five.
Speaker 5: And that's why it's like this big outrage, not even just with TV.
Speaker 8: It's a real thing.
Speaker 5: It's not you got ten people on here writing and you getting fifty because you made to B and I'm sitting there like you ain't really seeing no money.
Speaker 1: So what is this beef over songwriters with these females?
Speaker 5: Like the beef is so caddy, and a lot of it is calculated by the labels because the beef sales.
Speaker 8: So before you.
Speaker 5: Drop, if your name was so and so and you drop the week before you drop, you're most likely gonna be told of beef with me, fall out with me, do something weird where it's like, if everybody's talking about you, that means let me just say if I do Yeah, if I'm doing probably one point nine million impressions a week, the people who are superstars, they're probably doing twenty million. If I start a beef with you, that's twenty million people now watching to hear the beef, and then.
Speaker 1: You slide in your record on them.
Speaker 5: It's such a system that it makes they're watching you because you're beefing, sliding the album, sliding the new merch, slide in the tape to just drop. It's a system and girls have fallen so deep into it that now they're not relying on the lyrics no more like the music. It's like I could do some fake beef and go number one for real, for real. That's just how the game is going, because we're in a time where people love to see the girls take their heads off, take each other's heads. Think of this, and I always tell people, think of all the movies. Think of the movies people got Oscars for nobody's mad at them that somebody wrote them a movie that got them an Oscar. Nobody's mad Like this is hip hop where you got Angela? Bas said, you got Hayley Bear, you got all these greats, right Iola Davis. People wrote these movies for them, They Wakanda and they did all of It's sitting there in La saying who wrote the best movie for Angela? Who know you have never heard that? Them fighting over who wrote the scripts for the movies. Why are we talking about that in hip hop though? Why is that like the big thing with the girls? Like girl, when you get mad at somebody and you don't even write, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's that's all.
Speaker 7: That's all the beef that I ever see, Like all the beef that I see on the internet with female rappers is all about who writes what.
Speaker 5: And let me say this, I have never had a writer for my own music. I've never had I've never dealt with female that. I've never had one.
Speaker 1: Every female rapper stand on.
Speaker 5: But let me say this though, if the hit come, I take my Take me a damn rapper, take me a damn writer.
Speaker 8: People are so scared to be real these days. It's scary.
Speaker 4: Listen there of the game is a number one.
Speaker 1: Number one record, number one record?
Speaker 5: I think business? Or do you care about the girls being like Amy? If I got a number one but I once I wrote it, London, J can come right now.
Speaker 1: And write it. I would be right there rapping it.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 6: People have to understand that and change with the times. Like hip hop is far from you know, the street corners.
Speaker 4: We're in the business office. This is a business.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, and we're just trying to get the best deals, so I understand that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had two labels.
Speaker 5: Came about three months ago to one of my sessions at Anywhere at the studio I go to, and I went in there and I recorded the song. At first, off, I don't even write my music. Oh, I don't write at all. And when I came out the label one of the labels, two guys he's like, yeah, that so and so was telling me that you're gonna write that you started writing two years ago, but we just had to see it because you're a girl.
Speaker 8: And I was like, well, damn, what did that mean?
Speaker 5: And they were like, well, we just watched it doesn't really happen like that. And I was like, well, how does it happen? Because I'm still fairly new to a lot of the process with the major female artist, I haven't been in there one on one to watch it, so I'm had to learn from them. And they were like, it's typically somebody in there telling them the cadence. No, you need to say it like this. You've got to raise your hand up a little more to make it come out more aggressive. And they were like, we were looking through the glass. We were looking for the notebook, we were looking for your phone. What are you writing it on?
Speaker 8: I was like, I'm not. I've been rapping since I was ten.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: It's like it's kind of my brain at this point. But I will get me a songwriter.
Speaker 1: I respect it. Take all these.
Speaker 8: Thoughts out my head and give me that number one record.
Speaker 1: So you're like a jay z in a little Wayne, just going.
Speaker 5: I have been told that, and they feel very pressure. Pressure when I do.
Speaker 7: That's dope because you know it's it's really hard. I feel like to just like just go in there and be like, hey, I'm feeling this and just blurred out how you feeling and it actually comes out and you know it and it's dope.
Speaker 4: How does the payment work as a songwriter.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 5: So you can have a label if I when I say have a label, be signed to a label, or you can have a publishing deal which is just more about the song writing, or you can be like me, an independent artist.
Speaker 8: Me I've never been signed.
Speaker 5: So when I go into situations, for example, when I was dealing with Red Bull, I'm more so focused on the points which sometimes are more everlasting then the money, the little bit of money people are getting. So it's basically how they break it down, like you can get it for the rest remainder of the song, as long as you're getting points on the song. It's almost like it's like a contract basically saying i might be one of the six writers on here, but I'm getting some points on this record. The points kind of add up. If you keep doing different songs, which I haven't done yet, how many points can you get? So it's situational. I've had some people who are small time writers, but because they are have had more of a resume of getting hits, some of them get points where they get more points than like a London jay or a mega songwriter. Because it's like, look at my history. I'm not gonna come here if y'all don't give me this point or give me this percentage.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like the writer strike, right, Like, isn't that what they're essentially fighting for?
Speaker 1: Like they're fighting for residuals.
Speaker 5: And residual that's and the points are residual. God music, That's that's it. That's the word I was looking for. Anyway, points are residual to the same thing. As a person who wrote a TV show, I don't want to have a song on why it's on the radio getting money and then when it's not popular no more, I don't get no more money because it's still gonna play at least.
Speaker 1: But that's how a year, that's how artists go broke.
Speaker 7: After the song is no longer popular, the label is still getting paid.
Speaker 1: You ain't getting it's still getting paid.
Speaker 7: And it's like when people don't want to hear you perform that song anymore, you know, it's kind of like yeah, or.
Speaker 5: You can get smart and be like, no, I'm locking in long term because this song could a year from now end up being on a commercial Chick fil A, GMC.
Speaker 8: We see it happen.
Speaker 5: But a lot of the people who didn't know how to negotiate points, or didn't have a deal or somebody trust to represent them, they just coming in a situation like.
Speaker 8: I'll take that.
Speaker 5: I'll take that forty thousand or twenty thousand. And it's like if you had got the points on the.
Speaker 4: Red forever, how many points did you get from a CARTI This.
Speaker 1: Is legal stuff, okay, legal stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, but it wasn't nice.
Speaker 5: Was it a no, And let me clarify the song session that I did for Cardi.
Speaker 8: My verse didn't get put on that album.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I didn't get no points from the CARTI, but I was a writer on the whole project, but.
Speaker 4: My particular tire project.
Speaker 1: No so and it don't go like that either.
Speaker 5: So basically, when they came to Atlanta, they put that Atlanta writers. They had sessions for her in California as well. They do this well, not just Cardi, all the artists, you know. I don't want to just single her out, but in the Atlanta writing session, it was about eleven of us there. I knew then, like I hope I just get a sentence on this song. I didn't know coming in it was gonna be that many people anyway, But this is the game. So I didn't expect in that situation, seeing London and seeing all these big people, me even really getting a point on the record. If anything, I would have took the money at that point because I wasn't. I'm just real, I wasn't the biggest person in writing for celebrities, but I was getting there from people talking about different situations that I had wrote for people.
Speaker 1: But so as a work for hire basically.
Speaker 5: And I'm independent, so like London and other people, they have situations. So when he coming in, I already know, like I don't have a person representing me where it's like we're negotiating. Miss Luciani's getting this, She's gonna leave with two points. Here I'm coming in by myself, So I'm sitting there like all of y'all here, He for sure getting point and I know he getting and she getting it, but me, hmm, you're.
Speaker 4: Just getting up front money.
Speaker 5: Let me, yeah, let me network and take some money out the deal, because it's not like I'm signed to dev Jim Hourly or it's a lumpsung just for being there. Just for being there, you can get paid from your label to just come and be a part of the the session. Typically that's not gonna happen, but some people have just been like, I'm just here giving you'all ideas. I'm not gonna get no points, but I want some money off of this. And may be the ones that you don't see the names on the thing either. A lot of the big megastars have had like five people that I know wrote a lot of them.
Speaker 8: His If you look it'd be like two names on the song. And that's not true. It'd be like five of them. They wrote that song.
Speaker 5: But the big dogs, they had the big rock a Feller label or so, and so they're gonna shine and they're gonna be the ones to get all the credit that you be having smaller people like I was just thankful to be in the room.
Speaker 8: I left with some money.
Speaker 5: I didn't get a long term deal like y'all, but I got a couple thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what made me say that when you was talking about how like some people just go in there and get the money and get it.
Speaker 1: They don't get the credit on the song.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you don't even see the money for a year or two. So sometimes I be thinking, like, do you want to get a little forty upfront or twenty upfront or do you want to wait and maybe the person lose they deal next year. It's a lot they might get dropped next year. You sitting there like I'm about to get this big old check.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 5: This person had her baby, got married, She don't even wrap no more. You should have got the money up front.
Speaker 1: Now say that the.
Speaker 4: Back end doesn't even come. If something happens to the artists.
Speaker 1: It sometimes don't.
Speaker 5: The artists could have a situation with the label where they done dropped her and now they're acquiring all of her stuff.
Speaker 8: Now you're sitting there like, are.
Speaker 4: They shoving a record?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What I'm gonna do? I was there, I wrote it a year ago.
Speaker 1: What am I?
Speaker 8: Where's my money? Well, she's not with us no more.
Speaker 5: We're doing this, we're trying to figure this and that and third out, we're not even gonna put this album out now. He decided to go with something else. So much business and that's why people be really screaming and ripping hair out and be like, do a better system for us? This is not this has been going on for a long time.
Speaker 1: But you're also on TV now.
Speaker 6: But let's take it to Real Dreams before that, Yeah, you know, how'd you come up with that?
Speaker 4: And bag Lady and all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, World of Dreams is a label that I started. I actually just started. It's not even a year older, be a year and probably about November so last year I started it, and I had just been doing a lot of research on just labels and music, and I always get asked a question, am I gonna stay independent or do I want to sign? And I always say I will signed, but it has to be a position that makes sense. I've been rapping for a while, so I've acquired the money. So now I'm not even trying to do it for the money. I'm trying to do it for a machine that can be like boom. You see her open up here, boom. You've seen her on TV, you've seen this.
Speaker 1: Press, press the button.
Speaker 5: The money, you can do it independently having fans with the money. So world a dream. Someone told me, they said, listen, you need to start your own label. You start educating yourself on the label, educating yourself on the points, educating yourself on the small print on these deals, and you might not actually ever want to sign. And when I researched that for months and months, I was like, oh, hell nah, I've worked too hard to end up in this type of label where, yeah, I got a million dollars up front that I could have made on my own, but I signed for this million.
Speaker 1: And I know that y'all own everything.
Speaker 5: You own Luciana, you own the name Luciani now like I'm your slave now. Basically, so I took my one of my musical mentors advice I started a world of dreams and the purpose of signing having your own label. When you sign, I'm sorry, when you start your own label, a label normally has a team. We got producers, we got songwriters, we got stylists, we got hair, we got glam. We giving you the umbrella for everything. You just get to show and be pretty. We got a team working for you. Or you can start your own label and you can go and bring in a producer to the label, another producer, the mixing person, the mastering person, a photographer, videographer, and have your own team where you can control it yourself. So when you go to a major label, they ain't gonna play with you. How they would play with the Amy lab year who was just sitting there like, I don't have a label, I'm not signed.
Speaker 1: It's just me. Oh, We're going to take you all the way up through there.
Speaker 5: But now that I have World of dreams, it's like, oh yeah, so y'all can't play with these budgets and say, the reason why we got to take all this money from you and you got to pay us back all of this money is because we had to get your producer. We had to get you a songwriter, we had to get your makeup, we had to get you a videographer. We had to get you somebody to make you a star. Now I'm in a position to say, no, you didn't. You didn't have to spend all that to do that for me. So I need more money up front, not on the back end, because I did y'all job.
Speaker 1: I have a label.
Speaker 5: It's called World of Dreams, and if you look under my umbrella, I have everything that y'all thought y'all was about to fake spend a million dollars on and weren't really spending a million on it. The respect is so different now, and I'll be oh, I should have did this two years ago. That's a good thing about learning though that, And that's why you're on rush it.
Speaker 7: Exactly because it's people that's going to watch this interview, and these are people that it was in your shoes. I mean, there's probably in your shoes how you was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people don't tell you it because a lot of people in this game feel like, well, I had to sign and paste four years of my career with a bad deal I'm not gonna tell you and stop. You just figured it out like I did. That's crazy. You can stop somebody.
Speaker 4: You guys did bag Lady.
Speaker 8: Yes, let us know about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to bigger ranking. I put out a single car bag Lady, and it was just a song for women to just feel ownership and just being a business woman.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of.
Speaker 5: People say, like, bag Lady, you gotta have diamonds on all of this. I was a bag lady when I was literally a bag lady working at Walmart. Like the mentality was speaking it into it happening. So if you wake up and it's every day, you know, I'm getting my own bag, I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that. I wrote the lyrics for More. It's like a more of a chant of speaking something into existence. So I wrote bag Lady talk about going from here to here to their baby steps going up and then in the end you got your success. But because you worked for it, you know you're the bag lady. Now people can't come and hold it over your head and say you did this to get here. Now you need to come do it like no. It's independency and having patience. These are two things that people struggle with because to be independent makes your journey longer. But if you stay independent and take your time, you can't really just be putting positions to be like, yeah, she had to do this to get on.
Speaker 6: Were you're putting yourself in bigger positions. Now you're on Love and hip Hop? Yes, how did you get that opportunity?
Speaker 8: Opportunity?
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: What's Up?
Speaker 5: Yall's Amy Luciani and you are now tuned into The Baller Alert Show. Love and hip Hop actually has came. Shout out to Love and hip Hop two shout out too and swhen that media shout out to MTV.
Speaker 1: A bunch of shoutouts and is.
Speaker 5: But Love and hip Hop actually has came for me a few times over the last couple of years, and each time it was just didn't even make sense to me personally. A lot of the times, the situations and the stories and the people that I was around it they wanted to kind of highlight it just never made sense for me. So this year they came talking right, and it makes sense this year. So who was the difference. The difference this year was me really Now I had myself together, my life together, so they had to come at me different, whereas before when I was really going through trying to figure out just all this just artists and a creative people, big, big, big institutes can see it. And now they have more power to be like, Yeah, we're gonna put you on here and you're about to be fighting with her, and we're gonna make you go do this and fake date this person.
Speaker 1: And then somebody gonna throw some water in your face and I might.
Speaker 8: Have to catch charge again because you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying again again, A charge for before. Listen the ones who know me my past lie which was first, that is Amber, which is react first, apologize. Second, that's no longer me.
Speaker 4: But I in Detroit.
Speaker 5: That was right here in Atlanta and Clayton County, to be exact.
Speaker 4: That's outside.
Speaker 5: Yes, I And it's so funny. I just did a big charity event with my old bunkie from jail. She's went on to do great things.
Speaker 1: How long you was in jail?
Speaker 5: I have I have had my fighting moments. Yeah, and I have had some time.
Speaker 4: Oh you're just fighting.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I was fighting and then yeah, but no more of that. Okay that my I see, I've walked so many shoes. I was a bartender for years. I worked in the club, so I was in that lifestyle where it was like you drunk, but you're coming at me. I gotta let you down. I have been picked up from my job and locked up behind bartending in some mess.
Speaker 1: But that is all the.
Speaker 4: Time coming inbar get drunk at me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so that's why I really was not doing the show for a long time, because I knew, like, she don't really like me.
Speaker 8: That's my old boot, which is not her new boot. I'm had to beat her up, and.
Speaker 5: You know, like no, So it makes sense. Now the show is really good. It's highlighting a lot of the music, the brand, my products, and I just feel like it's the light that I wanted them to highlight.
Speaker 1: Cell Now, yes, no, you're talking about your past.
Speaker 7: It seemed like it was about to go back to your past in the past episode where.
Speaker 5: You had I was going there, y'all, and I felt so disappointed at the end of that because I'm like, you felt the.
Speaker 1: Test and it was a test that I have.
Speaker 5: Passed, like seven years in a row, where for seven years a girl couldn't even get me upset.
Speaker 8: I would be like next and y'all was arguing over.
Speaker 4: A record?
Speaker 1: Yes, what happened?
Speaker 5: Writing over I mean arguing over writing, arguing over what we was just talking about? Long story short, and shout out to Rennie because we have since came to a cordial level where I can't say friends, but now we actually can sit in the scene together and be like.
Speaker 8: Let's see you.
Speaker 5: We're looking at each other. But were able to be on the scene, not get our bag before. It was not that it was on site. It was on site for real, for real, but just to speed through it because I don't even want to dwell on that too long. But again, I was in a session with a bunch of men. I was the only girl. Again, no, I was, and I was with one other female writer. Shout out to Pineapple City from California. She and I were the girls that were there, but we were in a session with about eight nine people, and longstory short, she and I wrote a song together and in that session we were writing.
Speaker 1: For other artists.
Speaker 4: You and Pineapple City, are you me?
Speaker 5: And Pineapple City. Pineapple City and I wrote a record, and a year later we didn't do anything with the record because we were in there a writing session.
Speaker 8: So we're all on the email.
Speaker 5: We're just doing reference tracks, reference tracks, remember this word.
Speaker 8: And a year later, you.
Speaker 5: Know, once you do your reference track, the label that you're there for, they got all your information, you know, so a year later, if they don't decide to do the song, it's the name of the game. But then somebody said me a DM of an artist performing the song, and I was like, yeah, Pineapple City wrote.
Speaker 8: I was like, how does this work? Is Rennie Grouccie rapping it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: She and I.
Speaker 5: I reached out to her, as I'm finding out now after we almost came to blows. It was the people she was working with, her label, Yes Song, presenting her songs as if these are reference records. This Pineapple City and this Amy Girl. This was just reference records. This could have been for any artists, which was so far from the truth. Luckily, we in a time where we record everything. The whole session, me and her, we got videos. We're texting, Okay, what you want to like? What are you thinking about the song? Do you want it to be a song we used. You got a deal, I'm independent, we can run with this record.
Speaker 8: I'm cool with the people over here. Red Bull like, how.
Speaker 1: You want to do the song?
Speaker 5: They were gonna give the song to another female artist that they were possibly going to pitch the record to. Nothing came about from that song, so we were just like, how did it get in Rennie's hand? How did that go? So I reached out to the person who was signed to the person that she is signed. Well, I don't know if she's still with them, so don't let me be wrong. Was or still is, and he was signed to her. He was one of the beat makers in a session with us, So of course we pulling layers down and we figure out who it was. But her and I our beef started was when I reached out to her.
Speaker 8: I was respectful. I'm like, hey, I'm Amy Luciani, Like I.
Speaker 5: Wrote this record with this girl. I noticed this on YouTube. You're performing it. I don't know if you know about this, but this song is a year old. I send her anything as an artist that you would have needed to be like, oh hell no, let me call on somebody, actual factual, factuals and she went off and blocked me. So from there, baby, I'm from Detroit. It was up after that or was she trying to say she wrote it or she was saying basically, have to take that up with whoever you was in the studio with that day. And I felt disrespected behind it, because I felt like if had it been the other way around, I'd have been like, hey, I want to say it too much to incriminate myself, just like she didn't. But I would at least been on some Let me figure out what happened.
Speaker 6: Did she take parts of the record, because like we were just talking about how rappers want to take credit for writing their own raps and stuff like that. Was it the entire record she took or just pieces?
Speaker 5: It was a two verse record in the first verse was my entire verse?
Speaker 6: Okay, entirely, And you ain't getting no money, so you lucky.
Speaker 8: I got nothing.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there for a year, like I hope something come about this because we were in there for days doing this. But again, you might get a call in three months hey that record, or it could be two years, So you don't call and be a buggable and be like, hey, what about that? Record, you just sit back and let the thing do his thing. So I felt disrespected from her message. Long story short, which led to me taking to social media because I knew this gonna get my answer, and it did. As soon as my video went up, the song was taken down. Although it was put back up at some point, it was put right back up. At some point, it did get to down. It was a couple I'm a major artists on her deal that had reposted it. I looked up they took it down. So I'm thinking, like, okay, we're about to handle the business. Because I'm not a drama person. I just want to handle the business. I'm owe some money if your label gonna pick up the song. But how y'all gonna pick up a song that me and this girl wrote? How does that work? So I was just vocal that you're like, y'all not gonna keep playing with us girls like this. We know it'd be a lot of y'all guys that do these writing sessions, but we're here now and we're slowly in here writing. Give us the credit because if it was a guy, they would have been in there ready to fight instantly.
Speaker 8: They wouldn't even play with them like that, the men.
Speaker 4: So did you ever get your credit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: I never got my credit still to.
Speaker 1: This day and it's.
Speaker 8: Still up to this day.
Speaker 4: Did you never want to take it to court?
Speaker 5: Or I honestly was gonna take it to court? Me and the artist, me and Pineapple, we were in chat with she signed and her people was I only bring him a part of the mess. But we were all talking like what are we gonna do legally?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: We're not gonna play it homegirl game.
Speaker 5: This is legal, this is this is theft right here, and we were going back and forth about it, and a lot of people around me on my team and friends in the industry were warning me and telling me, like, you know, you always got to play as smart and think on your emotions when you want to go big on these people that she signed to.
Speaker 8: It's like, do you know what she signed? Do you know what she signed to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know what she s?
Speaker 5: Like, do you want to go she s? Yeah, which is the entity of QC. Yeah, which is an entity of it and the big yeah yeah, a big umbrella. So do you want to essentially fall out with people with these people because they could just blackball you that happens every day.
Speaker 4: So are you scared of that is a question.
Speaker 5: I'm not scared of it. But I'm a money maker. I'm wise enough to control my emotions and be like So.
Speaker 6: That's why you guys are not You can be in the scene, but you would feel better if you got paid.
Speaker 5: For sure, we should be paid. Yeah, but we should one hundred percent be paid. We should have been paid. But this industry is, it's it's so many unfair situations that I don't want to be the artist to keep being vocal about because I been meaning people to stand with need look yeah, and I don't want to be that person.
Speaker 1: I'm not able to be that person.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be that person.
Speaker 5: I silently throw my little chips out and be like, yeah, us girls do be kind of done unfairly when they come down to these writing sessions and writing boards and references and stuff. But I don't want to keep saying it because now that's overshadowing what I'm trying to do and who I'm trying to be. And then you also coming up. You gotta be careful with who you really ready to go to war with. At certain points of your career, it's not like I'm the biggest artists in the world and to be sitting up there like I'm taking y'all down or take yourself down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you're on the same playing field with her.
Speaker 5: But that's how God work and that's why I wasn't never tripping because I know how it worked.
Speaker 1: So now it's funny.
Speaker 5: Because it's like God to do that loop real quick and you just be sitting back like I remember me.
Speaker 4: When was her reaction when she first seen you on set.
Speaker 8: What y'all saw on TV?
Speaker 5: Didn't want to speak, didn't really look at me, didn't Oh no, it was what you saw clipped down because it was a long conversation.
Speaker 8: So it's what y'all saw clip down for sixty second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like instant.
Speaker 7: It's like, it's because what I when I saw the clip, I was like, damn, like.
Speaker 1: Outside of this because it was like as soon as.
Speaker 5: It was so much more and just how I am with everybody. I just like I said, I know my power, so I know how to talk to people in conflict because it's either two things. We're gonna talk in conflict or oh my old background, my old thinking.
Speaker 8: It was okay, because where I'm from.
Speaker 1: We can't go back to Detroit now was progressive?
Speaker 5: Now conflict gonna be talkable or we're gonna fight, one of us gonna get hurt out the situation.
Speaker 6: And how do you find the balance of giving you know, your new opportunity on Love and hip Hop what they want, which is drama field, yeah, and trying to highlight your businesses and your music at the same time.
Speaker 8: How you said, what was the question?
Speaker 1: How do I say?
Speaker 4: How do you balance them both?
Speaker 8: I'm still learning how to do it to this day.
Speaker 1: Because it's your first time with love and hip hop?
Speaker 5: First time, Okay, this is my first time. How I'm balancing it out is I think it's just having a strong mind.
Speaker 8: I was a fan of the show.
Speaker 5: I watched reality TV anyway, so I knew one hundred percent what I was stepping into. But I just felt like with my approach was different because shout out to a lot of the girls that were on the show before me, but my situation is different in terms of I have kind of the opposite of what a lot of girls needed when they started the reality show, started loving hip hop or these other shows.
Speaker 8: My career worked in opposite.
Speaker 5: I had businesses that made millions of dollars, and I bought the mansions. I drive all these cars off of me. I just and have the musical success. A lot of girls had the opposite starting off, they were super broke, but they had the musical cloud.
Speaker 8: So my stuff worked in reverse.
Speaker 5: So where a lot of the girls came in the show and were going through real life situations. Some were homeless, some were really coming out to strip club, really moving to Atlanta homeless, and the show threw them to the woods out there, like, let's show us how homeless stripper is. My situation is different because I'm company, and I was like, it's different, like I'm good.
Speaker 6: And real quickly for the audience, what were the businesses that really set you up financially?
Speaker 5: So my first business that took off was a hair business. I had a hair company called Luciani Lux Hair, and my hair just took off. I started off when the buy it, selling vendors and building people's websites before e commerce was like a conversation. Luckily, I had a neighbor that was in it, and he taught me about it and we started this big e commerce business with hair.
Speaker 1: So we.
Speaker 8: Just to speed through it.
Speaker 5: We would either build you your full website, get your hair, get your website, get your tags, get your ALC.
Speaker 1: Get your EI. In we did everything.
Speaker 5: You will wake up the next day for a small fee of a couple thousand and wake up to a fully running business. ADS just everything people are doing now, one stop shop, one stop shop. I was blessed and jumped on that wave when I first heard about it years ago.
Speaker 8: It just took the chance.
Speaker 5: So it was like, I don't know what e commerce is, but let me try it. I build a wholesale hair I didn't build one of my partners. Build a wholesale business where you never had a business before, where hairstylists could come to my website. We know you need hair all week long, your hairstylist. I set it up where I was having it like you can buy a wholesale for me. I got everything you need. You need tags, you need bags, you need lashes, glue, everything wholesale. So I just came into, honestly a lucky position before this commerce, a blessed position. Before it was like versus the way now everybody dropped shipping. I was doing it six years ago, so that started it which led to my product that I have now, which is called My Pretty Kitty. It's a bikini product for your bikini area. It's a three step kid like nare or something. Yeah, but it's all natural. So mine is all turmeric based. I have a turmeric bar of soap, I have a cream and a turmeric oil. So my Pretty Kitty is what kind of did the rest of everything how it's supposed to go?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: So, yeah, you got products to sell, man, you ain't got time for the driving. Yeah, we know Renny is not one of your favorites, anymore of your least favorite cast.
Speaker 1: Members Autumn heifers. To be careful now that jump.
Speaker 5: You know what, it's reality TV. Everybody got a personality. I have come on the show on a scene where I had a lot of stuff and I wasn't the most pleasant because I got real life. Now, I got this camera in my face and I really don't like you, and I half like you. So uh, it's just reality TV. I don't look at any of them, even on the renting. We we just we're out the country together and like.
Speaker 1: That's my stomach growl. It's just business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just business, and it's a show, and I feel like with all the adversities, the best part to prove you're a business woman you want to be successful is I try to think of the money and I look at stuff like I'm not trying to chase the bag away and you do too much, You be too ghetto because you could push the ghettle envelope. You can share the money off. You could do too much, you can say too much. And although I'm on the show that I know is more drama driven, I'm standing behind my products on the show so we can do all this cat and.
Speaker 1: Audiot, we're gonna highight, were gonna highlight my products.
Speaker 8: I don't come on set without it. I don't come on set without it.
Speaker 6: Andy does that on The Housewives, like give them what they want. But at the same time, multi product these products. You know what I'm saying, because why would you be.
Speaker 8: On this national TV show not with show products.
Speaker 4: Squandering your opportunity.
Speaker 5: But you won't believe how many of them on your doing it, not showing and have products and services.
Speaker 8: And just I'm on TV, so let.
Speaker 1: Me just be the baddie. And I'm sitting up there like baby, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Trying to I'm trying to be the bad lady, not the baddie. But it's TV, so some people get it confused. I'm on here for a purpose, and although I'm loving just the new opportunity, it's so different just being miked up, having just I've never been in a place where I walk into and it's a few girls that don't like.
Speaker 1: Me and we all in the ruin. I'm looking like, oh, we can't be on those streets stuff. Today.
Speaker 8: We're miked up.
Speaker 5: We're really TV stars now our ten personalities.
Speaker 8: I'm being taught.
Speaker 5: I'm learning stuff too in this experience, because I'm like, typically I wouldn't even be in a room with you, but I have to now, and I gotta be nice, and I gotta listen to you talk.
Speaker 1: I really want to flap you a little bit.
Speaker 7: But you know, Okay, Well, Ferrari has been tech to me and he won't leave me alone.
Speaker 1: He told me, uh, asks you.
Speaker 7: Ferrari said, he thinks you and Mazie are back together.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I was sitting on that mail at night.
Speaker 5: Okay, whoa I was with that ex last night, y'all?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 8: Let me tell you how to tell the truth without making them look so bad again.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: We were together six years and the last year of the relationship, which was last year, when I broke up with him, dumped them, left them like a bad habits. I No, it just wasn't working out the way it was going the first couple of years. I think that when we kind of start coming into money and finances and it's like, oh, we in his mansion, Oh look at our cars, my mentality was, oh, we got to keep these things that we acquired, like now we got to work more. And just our backgrounds were different. He's not the only child, but he has a little brother that's like two years younger than him, so he was raised an only child.
Speaker 8: I got a full siblings.
Speaker 5: I always was like, do more, do more, safe, be responsible. So I think our backgrounds once we came into money, money can he didn't change because money I didn't change. But I saw it like, oh, shoot, we were supposed to be like planning for this big wedding and I'm saving up my half what we're supposed to do and you're supposed to be working on this. And I think that when we came into the money that his mentality felt almost like we kind of made it, and I was just like, we have not made it yet.
Speaker 4: And your his is more.
Speaker 6: We can relax a little bit, but he's got a little comfortable and you were like, no, we're still on edge. We have to I feel like it's worked to get in, but work harder to stay.
Speaker 5: In, right, And I can't I can't hurse on here, clearly, Oh I can't say whatever you want.
Speaker 8: I would have been cussing like a motherfus I know.
Speaker 5: But he told me that when we became financially more financially stable or successful, that I turned into a bitch. Basically, he said, I turned into like I will wake up, and this was true, like I have vision boards and I would be waking like okay, so why are you You were supposed to do this, like because now again we have to keep these things we acquire. So in his language, a bitch was like you a little more like act like my mam, and now like we're gonna keep this house, We're gonna keep these cars. But for me, I felt like we have to sleep less.
Speaker 1: Now look at this big ass house.
Speaker 6: We just got, like the scariest It's like, yeah, are you you're the oldest right of your fore siblings.
Speaker 5: No, I'm the second, second oldest, three younger and one older.
Speaker 6: But you still have a responsibility. You screw up with a responsibility. Sure, you can't like just drop the ball, because if you don't work, you ain't eating for sure.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have kids?
Speaker 5: No, we don't have kids. I don't have any kids. He has kids, Okay, so that was another thing. I kind of felt like I don't have kids yet. My goal was I wanted to buy my house. I wanted to get married. I know, I'm I'm backwards. A lot of people say get married in the house. I knew I wanted to get the house. I want to live with you. I wanted to then I want to get married. Then I wanted to have a kid. So we had so much in order, and I felt like when the money came, it was like a shock for me and it was a shock for him. We reacted two different ways. He reacted in like we never had money before, like let's just enjoy it and live it, like we look look at today right now, let's go shopping. And I was like I started acting broke her when I got paid.
Speaker 6: I was like, understand that because you don't want to go back.
Speaker 5: No, And so we were arguing a lot, and he used to be like, you're not my mom. You act like a little bit and I'm not trying to be like you like mother. Hen holding onto the money and how much did you spend on that trip hike?
Speaker 1: And I was older. Those rich people do and that's what I am.
Speaker 6: And people say, steam, you know you save your money, Your money will save you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you save your money, Your money will save you. I tell people that all the time. I tell family members, man, don't ask me for no money. Man, save your money, because my money gonna have to save me eventually at some point in life.
Speaker 6: Just imagine how many people were scared when the pandemic happened and still stay to build themselves back up.
Speaker 5: And we our lives were the opposite when the pandemic because we were the YouTube couple of the year for the last couple of years.
Speaker 8: So with us, we.
Speaker 5: Came into so much money during the pandemic that was almost wasn't fair. It was like people in the pandemic are not watching YouTube more. Yep, So our stuff went up five times.
Speaker 1: We was already killing it.
Speaker 5: I was thinking like during the pandemics, like, oh my god, look, we bought the mansion in the pandemic. We bought the cars in the pandemic. And I was thinking, like, when I started seeing the pandemic, I was affecting people.
Speaker 1: I started trying to hold on and you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And I felt like with him, we just had two different mindsets. He he lives like today, this is today. We got this today. You want to go on another trip, And I'm so the opposite. And I'm like, h we could be broken a year.
Speaker 1: But that's how y'all got it, though, That's how we got it.
Speaker 5: And a biggering got too much and then you I'm sure from a male perspective, when we start doing too much bitching and stuff, it just go downhill.
Speaker 8: But I'm not gonna stop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's just go downhill because I feel like in y'all situation, you guys are business partners and then y'all have to be relationship and you know, googlely goggly and stuff like that. And I think you know, as a man, it's like once it was like once you start doing the bitching.
Speaker 5: But then from a woman perspective, you know what I'm saying, sis. When we start looking like I'm supposed to be marrying you and then we got to share the money.
Speaker 6: You got to look for yourself, come on like and it's not even to be a selfish or anything like that, but you know you could be left in destitute.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Actually, you have to look out for yourself because if you've been broke before.
Speaker 4: And you got some money, you do you do not want to go back.
Speaker 1: You do not want to go back.
Speaker 8: You almost do anything to not go back.
Speaker 1: You know how people call me help.
Speaker 5: When I came into my financial blessings, I became the cheapest person. I used to spend more money when I was broke. I didn't even have it, but I used to somehow. I always was That's how it goes. Somehow I had it. I always had it there and I was broke. Well my money now, my mom, she laugh at me. I what I even talking about?
Speaker 8: The number?
Speaker 5: I was somewhere with somebody and I was I got them to go so long on their number. And my mom is over my business, so she obviously is overshopifyed. She see what the products do. When we walked away, she said, bitch, you bet at ever, come in here with your jurery on and get nobody to go down on they price like that.
Speaker 8: I can't believe he did it.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, this is what I that's a good business woman.
Speaker 6: But you know what, white people's been doing it for you for a year, rich white people.
Speaker 4: That's why they stay rich.
Speaker 5: You're not in designer Like to this day, I don't wear designer. The only thing I care about is I just like jury for some reason. But I don't wear a designer.
Speaker 7: So what's been your dumbest purchase since you've gained money?
Speaker 8: A bad person?
Speaker 1: I bought before? How much was it? S? Six hundred?
Speaker 5: And it was so stupid when I when I left back when I left with it and just kept looking at it. I started adding up all the studio hours and how much it costs and how much. I said, you could have got four music videos out of this. You could have did this.
Speaker 1: It was the.
Speaker 8: Dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 5: But I got hyped up again, used to be a bro bitch, had a little dollar that day. I was like, I've never done this. Why would I not have always actually wanted that? As that broke me. That was my one time doing it though, that's the difference with me and a lot of people. I did that once.
Speaker 1: I respect that.
Speaker 4: But sometimes it's.
Speaker 6: Okay to work hard and then reward yourself with some things. What number do you think you would feel comfortable enough to, you know, spurge on yourself a little bit.
Speaker 5: Another splurge would happen when I make another million dollars. Okay, yeah, Because if you if you make the million, which I have made it with Pretty Kitty, I've done it more than once. You take off half of that away because you had to put it right back in your product. Now you took the five hundred off the one million that you made, that's gone, and then x five hundred. You go about to spend fifty to seventy a month on advertisements, which is gonna make you probably spend fifty. You probably might make one hundred and fifty off of the fifty you spent. But that million go down so fast you ain't got time to be talking about one hundred thousand dollars shopping spree.
Speaker 1: How hard was it to get the first million?
Speaker 5: It really wasn't hard for me, honestly, Again, and I'm being humble when I said, my mom has always been an entrepreneur. My mom had a cheering hip hop business my whole life. My mom has always had a business, so I've always been a frugal person to know about saving because of her. So I made the million and it was like I kind of really for real real made it in seven months when I made my product, and I was like, oh, shoot, and then spend a lot of it to do it again.
Speaker 8: That's just how I go.
Speaker 6: But to go back to your relationship and you guys, essentially it was money that it was at.
Speaker 4: You guys, what happened with the channel? What channel was it?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 5: We had a not a family channel with a couple channels. It's called the Amy and Mazzie Show on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Did you guys divide it or is just there?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 5: He kept the channel, and I was vocal about I didn't feel like he was supposed to keep the channel. A lot of people said he should have, but he started the channel years ago before we ever met, but he never posted on it.
Speaker 8: So now you and me and we're together and.
Speaker 5: We're been like this viral couple for a little bit, so we take it to YouTube. I felt like, honey, when we broke up and I dumped your black ass. This is our channel, and I felt like I should get the revenue still fifty to fifty like we've been doing for years. But he felt like, no, this is my channel that I had three years before I ever met you, and we're not together. Go start your YouTube channel. This is my channel, and he took all our videos off. But I kind of felt like, you still getting the revenue from the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of subscribers that I helped build. But our breakup was just so different. It was so weird because I kind of felt like I kept the house.
Speaker 8: I kept a lot of the stuff that was in my name because I had the good credits.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, you had a YouTube, You're about to make a lot of money off of it. I didn't want him to go down and just be depleted without that's crazy, So I walked away from the YouTube. My team was like, this is legal, you shouldn't do it, but it's like, this is my ex.
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to go to war.
Speaker 5: And although in a nutshell you can say we broke up for money, I think that when we really did the breakup, I realized like looking at him and him looking back at me.
Speaker 8: I'm not changing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna always be that girl that is frugal, that watches the money.
Speaker 8: I balance it well.
Speaker 1: Didn't ever get back together.
Speaker 8: What we Yeah, somebody gonna have to change that part.
Speaker 5: I had him blocked for a year, and on our one year anniversary, I unblocked him. And when I unblocked him, no, he caught in text and I was like thinking, what how did that happen? Like, I just literally I'm blocked you. You wouldn't know I ain't blocked you whatever. And he was like, I literally every couple of days text you and been doing it for a year.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: And I was like, I'm missing you too.
Speaker 4: But you think, what kind of person do you think you would need?
Speaker 5: I want a person that's business minded. I like a.
Speaker 8: Person when I wake up in the morning.
Speaker 5: I like to talk about business in the morning, or hypothetical business or a business idea. I just I'm turned on by business. Even watching other people be great, I love it. I just be like like, I just like business. So I'm attracted to people who go get it, talk about bullshit.
Speaker 8: I like a guy who hold me accountable if I.
Speaker 5: Say I'm dropping a mixtape on my birthday June third, and on June second. I like a guy like, what's up, accountable. I don't like a guy to let me lead because I'm aggressive already. So so you want an alpha, gotta have an alpha, but then you gotta let me be an alpha too. That's why this kind of gets weird. Yeah, that is one of my personal struggles because I am very alpha like my mom and my ex fiance is an alpha for sure.
Speaker 8: But my thought is, you can't be an alpha. How can I say it nicely?
Speaker 6: You need more of a laid back alpha versus a dominant one, and sometimes you just got to be a season where you got to be less of the alpha than me.
Speaker 5: So if I have showed you, like with these business practices, even down to his businesses helping him, he starts it, but I'm behind it. I know the credit, I know business, I know loans, I know all of that thanks to my mom. If I'm the one helping doing it, now, look at all the money you got now.
Speaker 8: I feel like.
Speaker 5: People should learn to for a short season. It don't got to be forever. But in a relationship, I felt like it was a season where he needed to be like Lou, which is what he called me, she know a business.
Speaker 8: Let me step back.
Speaker 5: See, I'm good with the YouTube and he's an artist. He good with that, but my girl is good with the business. If you too stuck on being an alpha and you know you're not good at that, but because you're in alpha, you gotta act like you're good and be over me telling And that's what I felt like started started happening because my success in my businesses. I felt like with him, he started kind of looking like you a little rich, used to be broke bitch when I met you, and now you're acting like I know it all, bitch. You were broke when I met you. We have so much, it's so many lad with you. That is how I felt. I felt like he thought we had made it, and it started scaring me. We had a wedding plan eight months before I broke up with him, and I was like adding it up and I was just like, maybe we rushing this, Like I don't like how you are with money.
Speaker 8: You don't like that you say.
Speaker 5: That I talk and you felt like I'm the alpha man over you when you're the man and I ain't changing. But you're not gonna do better with your money, but I gotta quiet down, So I broke up with him.
Speaker 4: Did y'all ever want to do therapy or seek therapy before that happened.
Speaker 5: No, I'm different. I don't believe in that. I don't believe that. If you find a person who is proved to show like I keep everything everything in my name, I hold me down, and now I'm with you and suddenly I need a therapist to work and date you.
Speaker 1: I just don't believe in that. I don't believe in that. Is that wrong?
Speaker 5: Like, no, I do if I became the problem. But if the only thing you saying I need some therapy is because I'm too alpha, I challenge you and say, why do you think I got.
Speaker 1: To be so alpha?
Speaker 5: You're not being responsible with our money, so you're turning me up more because I'm kind of like hyper dry, I'm like kind of nervous now.
Speaker 6: But what if it's not just for you, but like for him to understand you, a person that can a third party that can like help you guys understand one another.
Speaker 5: Before we get to that point, he has to understand that it's just you need to save your money.
Speaker 7: We can't skip over it. But that's that's why most people divorces is over.
Speaker 1: My money, and it ain't that.
Speaker 8: It's also gold digging stuff because he good and I'm good. I don't need you for.
Speaker 1: Money, you don't need me.
Speaker 5: It was over money because we're about to become one. I'm about to be your wife. I'm gonna have my first damn baby, Like I don't. I'm not comfortable. And I felt like I was screaming it and it got to the point where it was like you ain't hearing me.
Speaker 1: So we got to break up.
Speaker 4: But y'all, are you know, kind of ining at each other's lives right now?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 8: I have forgiven him.
Speaker 5: He has forgiven me because we did a lot of social media mess that he did it first and then I followed it and it wasn't right anyway. I followed it with some ignorance matching his energy, and it was just disappointing to the fans for both of us to do it.
Speaker 8: So where we are right now, believe it or not.
Speaker 5: When I left my my ex fiance, I left him to get back with him. It was supposed to be like a shake up almost like okay, So I've been saying this for about two years. Now, we've had money for two years. You're not listening. Watch this. We're done, and here's the ring. That was what it was supposed to be. I didn't think it was gonna last fifteen months. But now fifteen months went by and I'm blocked, and I'm like, dang, it's been a year. I actually unblocked him right around two days after.
Speaker 8: Take off.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately passed away cause it was like on my heart, I'm like, dang, life is so short. He was such a fan of him. It just reminded me so much of him.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: When I unblocked him, he was texting and he's like, I've been texting you, like all those things that you said I had to get together fifteen months later, but sending me the business to.
Speaker 8: This the bank account, and I'm just like.
Speaker 1: This is all I ever wanted from you, So come.
Speaker 8: Over here and get this cookie.
Speaker 4: So he's giving you what you want.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Do you see the change in him?
Speaker 5: I see the changes, and I'm very happy, although we're still taking this slow because now I was like, we're living in two different places now.
Speaker 8: We were together in one.
Speaker 1: House for six years.
Speaker 5: I see the changes and I'm so happy, but I want him to keep doing his thing, and I feel like naturally will come back. I'm kind of not kind that I've learned to enjoy liking my place too much by myself, and he's liking he is too. And it's weird because now I'm like, I feel like my fiance is like just my little boo who just pull up and leave and pull up.
Speaker 8: But it's good.
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, I don't think I missed fiance still. I think when I called off the wedding and gave the ring back that I think now I'm just like his ex fiance.
Speaker 4: Now, just say, you just said fiance is like my little book.
Speaker 8: Yeah, habit is a habit. He ain't get back yet, y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all without therapy though.
Speaker 8: Right without therapy.
Speaker 5: I'm willing to do therapy with him because I know I got some stuff I gotta do alone. I need therapy for some alone issues, I know for sure, and he knows for sure he does. But I don't want to be the couple. It's like, let's go together, and hell.
Speaker 4: Let's do it separately. So you're open to therapy for sure. For yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm currently in it.
Speaker 4: Oh how's that going?
Speaker 8: It's going. Well, That's why I'll be able to be like, okay, girl, are you done? Okay, God is good and walk off.
Speaker 5: I'm there. And he was doing it for a minute. And I don't want to get into his business too much, but he was doing it for a minute. I don't know if he's still doing it, but I know in the beginning of the breakup, before I blocked him for real, when he took stuff to social media, he was actively in it, and like I was like, because I know he needed it for certain things, and I did it and I know I needed it, but I feel like some of that kind of helped. And I think sometimes you gotta leave a nigga. Sometimes you just gotta leave him and be like, hey, just let him know that you're serious, yeah, because they probably don't believe it. And as in love as I am with him, still, he knew how crazy I was over him, So I ain't blame him for being my girl. I'm still making the money and blowing the money. You still here six years, you know what I'm saying. Why would he think? Why would he think I was gonna be forell. But when I really left, that's great advice. But he got it together.
Speaker 4: That's great advice for someone.
Speaker 6: To, you know, to really do it because men go call your bluff every time, every time.
Speaker 4: But that's good that you guys are doing the work individually.
Speaker 6: It's you know, and him actively doing his part shows that he really wants to be with you, and you guys want to be with one another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know in the.
Speaker 5: End, and he's he's got some really big things he's been working on. Like I'm just happy it's the same person that I met and fell in love with years ago. But again, the money, the money will show you deeper of a person's upbringing.
Speaker 8: And you don't got to settle and be.
Speaker 5: Like I must just be challenged for the rest of my life for the name and the sake of love, because it can't be loved and coexisting when two people got two different boundaries, and people try to say stuff like all you left me for money, ain't me you came up money ain't everything. Money is everything. That's why you take it has to work every day because without it there is nothing. So money is everything, but it's not. It shouldn't be everything. Where one person has to be like dating someone and feeling uncomfortable, like I could see us in the year not having nothing. That is not that's not right.
Speaker 6: We have a bunch, but nay, we could talk to you all that you are so funny, you are a storyteller, you have great information.
Speaker 4: You need to start a podcast booth.
Speaker 1: Everybody say that, yeah, because.
Speaker 6: You got a lot, you got a lot of a life that you have gyms.
Speaker 4: But we appreciate you for stopping by.
Speaker 6: Man, I could like, I could literally sit here and talk for a whole nother hour, but I know we gotta go, uh before.
Speaker 4: We get out of here, though we do have a pep talk.
Speaker 1: What's up? Y'all's Amy Luciani.
Speaker 5: You already know the bag lady shout out to the baller or learn for having me dropping some gems and I'm learning some gems. I definitely didn't want to leave the conversation with I'm letting you know you gotta bet it on yourself. A lot of us are sitting here putting time frames on our six says. Timeframes are our relationships, timeframes on our businesses. If you really are doing what you do from the heart and it's your skill and it's your calling. It's gonna happen naturally, So Sis Rebrah, work your move. Don't worry about how fast things are happening. They happen right on time, and it's not on your time. It's on the universe's time and everything around you. So grime, stay in your bag, get that money, stay focused, stay in grime mode.
Speaker 8: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Ball Alert.
Speaker 2: You can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert, loog on to baller alert dot com.