Speaker 1: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: Why do you respond to my tech on my message message? So Amy, Amy came over yesterday gave me another opportunity to sit on the fancy couch. Oh when Amy comes over, that's where I have fancy couch sit It's like.
Speaker 3: The last time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So me and my wife and Amy just sat for like half an hour and just hung out. Amy brought a gift over and it was a book, a Shell Silverstein book. And it's because your dog ate the other one, so you ordered this one, but then I messaged you because you had a video of the older one that your dog ate before you gifted us. This one is a different one, the one that your dog gate. Looks like it was signed.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's just like it looks like that. I guess it's her signature, but it's.
Speaker 2: Just no, no, no, it's not a her.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Yeah, did you.
Speaker 2: Think it was her?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, because well, oh you know, we'll do I guess fun fact about this, tell the story, then I'll give you fun fact about Shell's Silverstein.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I thought I think it's just like stamped on there. So I think it's on the copy. I also gave you if you take the cover off the jacket. If you take the jacket off, like I think you'll see it. So no, I surely he's not. Is he living?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: No, he died like when we're high school. Okay, yeah, but can I tell you like a funny bit that I heard a show that it's a podcast doing. Sure there weren't. When you said had the jacket of the book, it reminded me and I thought it was so funny. We can We would never do this bit, but they they have. On Thursdays, they do something called Thursday Jersey Days. They are jerseys. It's a podcast called Mostly Sports I listen to every day. And one of them wore a jacket and they were like, we should have a jacket off, and so they had. Then they had a jacket off competition.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: What does that mean for dudes? That's the most fourth grade, funniest thing you've I laughed out loud, the fact that we're having a jacket off.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can explain to me later.
Speaker 2: Do you do you need to have that explained to you?
Speaker 3: Doesn't know what this means?
Speaker 4: Okay, you were talking about jerseys, and then you said, let's wear jackets.
Speaker 2: Then they were wearing sports jackets and one of them goes, we should have a jacket off jacket.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was just a yeah, I get to know.
Speaker 2: If you're like for a young eighth grader like us, that's funny, right, it's our demo. Yes, So do you know the song? Show Silverstein wrote, Amy, I do not. You do know it, You just don't know who wrote it. It does not have a chorus, Okay, it is a very famous song that the person who is singing it is one of the most famous country artists of all time, and the person's.
Speaker 4: Dead, most famous country artists of all time, and the artist is dead.
Speaker 2: Yes Johnny Cash, Yes, okay, boom what a Cash song does not have a chorus?
Speaker 4: I fell into the burning ring of fire? Is that the course?
Speaker 2: That is a chorse?
Speaker 3: That would be the cost?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: So not that one fulsome prism blues so no.
Speaker 2: But it was recorded live at Sant Quentin.
Speaker 4: Mmmm, this song was was there only live?
Speaker 3: Was that? The only thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could be wrong on that, but it's the one that I associate.
Speaker 4: With is June on it.
Speaker 2: No, June is not, but there is a woman's name in it.
Speaker 4: Oh s Metty Sue. Yeah, Sue Sue. Oh boy named Sue?
Speaker 2: So a boy?
Speaker 4: Oh that tracks.
Speaker 2: A Boy Named Sue was written by Shelle Silverstein and Johnny Cash performed it, saying it became a massive song for him, and I don't know, I just thought that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: That's really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: He never intended to write, not Johnny Cash. Shel Silverstein never was going to write kids books. And his friend was like, you should write kids book books and kind of dragged him to do it, and so he also he wrote differently, he did like cartoon stuff, play boy. Really.
Speaker 4: How do you know all this?
Speaker 2: I'm a Shell Silverstein fan really only because I I rabbit hole Boy Named Sue a long time ago and then found out that Shel Silverstein was a writer. He also was served in the war, was a military guy. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The order is big books, Giving Tree, Okay, never heard of that one.
Speaker 2: That's the one you gave us?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: No, which one did you give us?
Speaker 4: Where the sidewalkins?
Speaker 3: I've heard of that one?
Speaker 4: And it's all the different poems.
Speaker 2: The Giving Tree, Uncle Shelby.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: You don't really read books though, But also I don't know if I don't know how known these are. Again, I went down the rabbit hole of shel Silverstein. But he wrote, Mike, we made google this on the cover of the Rolling Stone, Rolling.
Speaker 3: Stone, get my picture on the cover.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, doctor who that's cool? Doctor joke in the Medicine Show. I think is artists in that. Let me see, Oh it is? Doctor Oh I don't let make sure he wrote it though. Doct joke in the Medicine Show covered the Rolling Stone nineteen seventy four albums Shel Silverstein, Yep, boom.
Speaker 3: Take all kinds of pills. Yeah, that's cool. I had no idea who wrote that.
Speaker 2: But just such a Forest Gump type life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh and cool looking guy too, like bald head dude, little facial hair. But amy. The other part of that was I thought it was a good visit.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 2: Not that I don't always think it's a good visit, but at some points I'll check myself out.
Speaker 4: Oh you did it?
Speaker 2: Did I check myself out at all? I don't know when you came over. I never left, Yeah, I never left, and so yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought you might. I didn't anticipate, I mean you being there on the whole time. I thought, Caitlyn a lot of times if I've said on that couch with her, it's just me and her.
Speaker 3: Did you plan the visit because I was thinking about just dropping by the other day.
Speaker 2: Oh please don't. But with Amy, Yes, yes, because Katelyn said, Amy, he's gonna drop drop something by in a little bit and I was like great, and so which I.
Speaker 4: Was supposed to come Saturday, but then my dog ate the book, so I had to order a new one, and then but it came overnight, so then I switched to Sunday, got it.
Speaker 2: So it was planned. We actually did a drop by in somebody yesterday and my and my wife said, if somebody just dropped by as you would not like it. I said, that's crazis. But you're gonna drop by in somebody? I said yes. She said, I guess it just depends who that person is and if they'd like a drop by. And I said, I think that's accurate. We were walking yesterday, we're walking Eller and we walked by Tom's house. My manager brought my friend and he Tom likes to drop by yeah, he'd.
Speaker 4: I like drop bys?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the best? Didn't you like dropping by? Well?
Speaker 2: We were walking by his house and I said, hey, he loved it. I said, I'm dropping a pin as we walked by your house. If you want to walk outside, if you're at home, come on out. And so they walked out. We talked him for a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. But after a while I was like, I blamed on the dog is like, she really needs to go. She's got she got to get to walking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So but we did a drop by for me. I don't why am I against drapp by? Let me think about this. Why would I be against.
Speaker 4: Draw because you've never been a drop by?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, for somebody drop him by the house.
Speaker 3: Why would even if I was going to drop by, I'm not staying for very long. It's just a quick drop by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's a popin, you definitely don't say. If it's an unannounced drop by, you don't stay long.
Speaker 3: Unless you haven't seen them.
Speaker 2: Like, maybe I'm not anti depending on the person.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't drop by your house.
Speaker 2: And thank you for that.
Speaker 4: And I've known you for twenty years. I don't think so I wouldn't. I mean, if you were gone and Kaylin was home. I'm not dropping by if you're there, like because I just know you're not, because I guess something either either there's been an underlying tone or you've said directly at some point over the years, I'm not a drop by guys, so like I respect that.
Speaker 2: And then I think it's I'm thinking about it now.
Speaker 3: I gotta put clothes on because you're naked in my house.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go off, and who knows when I'm wearing on the bottom half. And then I got to put the dogs up for the most part because even though we're like training them not to jump on people. And then maybe I don't know, I'm just not a drop by guy. But mostly in life I'm pretty rigid about scheduling. Yeah, who goes. I don't know. Maybe don't. Maybe should change that about me. Maybe you guys tested, Maybe you guys should test it.
Speaker 4: Drop how I do after that, I'm not doing any I guess we could try it together, just test me, just in case we have each other, Like if we get rejected, it won't feel as bad. For whatever reason. The gate Coade is suddenly not.
Speaker 2: Working Amy, drop by yesterday. I thought it was a good visit plans drop by.
Speaker 3: Yes and we just discussed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, so good visit A plus and how long? Half hour?
Speaker 3: Solid?
Speaker 2: What do you think it's half hour?
Speaker 4: Wow? It was longer than half hour, but that's good. It felt like a half hour.
Speaker 3: Do you how long was it? Then?
Speaker 4: It was almost an hour?
Speaker 2: Oh? Strong?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: A strong performance.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Do you guys have any do you eating?
Speaker 1: Like? No?
Speaker 2: Because the time was it like two or something or three? Offer like daylight savings, daylight savings.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, Amy, you want to coffee or anything? Like can I get you?
Speaker 2: I never offered anything. You know why I'll offer because I want people to stay.
Speaker 3: That's it. You want them to know.
Speaker 4: I'm aware of that. But also I fully it's just now registering with me that you stayed the entire time in the room because I fully anticipated that I would be coming by and hanging with Caitlin. I see you all the time.
Speaker 2: But I enjoyed it. I thought we had a Really I didn't. I didn't say much. I didn't have to say I guess.
Speaker 4: So much, so it wasn't weird. But now that it's being brought to my attention. I am having like an awhall moment of like, oh my gosh, Bobby did sit there the whole time.
Speaker 3: You're saying with Amy, you don't have to say much, just kind of let a rule.
Speaker 4: No, we all talked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't talk a whole lot. I was just enjoying the conversation, just catching up Amy and I don't get to catch up on life life a whole lot, because there was some life captures everything here is. So as soon as we get here, we go and we exhaust every second of everybody's time. We get as much done as we possibly can for like ten different things until it's time to go, and then I go, Okay, everybody's cut, and then everybody goes. And so sometimes and you'll go, hey, we go on your office and talk for a minute, and I usually know that's not about work, it's about something we haven't caught up on. And so then but yesterday was there was no work at all.
Speaker 4: No, when I was excited to I've had that book since your baby shower, but I forgot to put it out with the rest of the books, so it didn't get taken.
Speaker 2: And that's what Caitlyn did for a baby shower because we don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't want gifts, We.
Speaker 2: Didn't need gifts. But everybody wants to get us a gift. This is something I've had to learn. It's like, let people get you a gift. And so Kaitlyn's like, oh, it would be cool. Won't you get a bunch of books for the baby?
Speaker 4: And that's a book that Stashira like, I mean, I don't know when I think of like my kids, I just think of this book and that's something that you know they've liked and they little. And then also as Stashire as what, she's almost nineteen and she still has her copy of this book. So it's a book that can be adults can enjoy because a lot of kids books, it's like, okay, this is clearly for the kid, but this is a book.
Speaker 2: That I think I must have read that so long ago that I do not remember. Have you read it?
Speaker 4: Were the Sidewalkins?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's full of poems.
Speaker 2: Oh okay mate.
Speaker 4: So I'm trying to say poems correctly because I never say it right. Poems pomps and they're good like they're and there's cute little funky illustrations and they're they're silly. It's like whimsical, but also some dark humor.
Speaker 3: Whimsy, more wimsy, let's worry.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was mine. It's a good good little Actually had a pretty good weekend. I mean, but that that was a good one. Amy, give me your tell me something good.
Speaker 4: So I have something exciting on the horizon. I went to the grocery store this weekend and I got two cans of sardines.
Speaker 2: Are you doing the face stuff? No?
Speaker 4: Men eat them?
Speaker 2: Oh that's exciting. Remember the story.
Speaker 4: I know you said to put them on your face, but no, it's just something that I'm looking forward to this week in the culinary space because I don't I got one can in oil and one can in water, so I don't know which one's going to be better. But I've seen a lot of people cooking them like an air fryer or do yeah they smash, like, do you take them out of the canon because you can eat I don't think I can do that. I don't think I can do that. But smash it down with a fork like and make it like a fish. I don't know, smash patty and then you can air fry it for a little bit with like some salt and pepper or seasonings. I don't know if people have been into this. I've just heard. Look sardines are having a moment, and I'm excited to finally get on board.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's a twenty twenty six avocado. Guys get with it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So I'll report back, but that's what I have them out on my counter, So that's probably what I'm gonna be having for dinner, Edward.
Speaker 3: So on Friday, it was awesome. My kids. I don't know. One of my boys been wanting to play golf. He's asked me for weeks, and on Friday I said, you know what, I'm gonna take him out of school early and I'm gonna take him to the golf course. So me and two of my boys we played around of golf, just us three, and it was so much fun. They knew the rules because they've been doing class. They've been on teams, like they've been doing classes on how to like play golf. So they weren't they were like on time, they weren't slow, they weren't hitting twenty balls like. It was fun. It was a fun time on the golf course with my two boys, which I've been looking forward to this moment for so long because I love golf and now that I can share it with them, I'm so pumped about it.
Speaker 2: And they weren't jumping in the water, no putting mud on each other.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't fighting. They weren't like throwing clubs like lunchbox does. Like it was well you know, there was no need. Well there no need to. I'm just thinking of, like, what don't you want to happen at a golf course somebody disgruntled throwing clubs. They didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Throw strays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to drive the golf cart like how we walked? Oh even better, this may this may be the best part of it is there's an app that I signed them up for. They get to play for five dollars. We have to walk. There's no card or anything, but they can play any municipal course in America for five dollars.
Speaker 2: What's the app.
Speaker 3: It's called Youth on Course. So you sign up free membership their I think their golf coach sent it to me. We signed them up and it was ten dollars for them to play. We walked that's great, unbelievable lunchbox. I'm home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a baby, that's that's just it. People could confuse that with you saying that the cruise wasn't fun.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, see the cruise is fun, but I needed some time. I need to recover, Like I can't keep going for one hundred days on that cruise. Like it was awesome for the twelve days that we were on board, and.
Speaker 3: That number keeps getting on longer long.
Speaker 2: Yeah that number was it?
Speaker 3: Seven? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Wednesday in total of eight. Yeah, but on the boat, oh got it?
Speaker 2: That makes okay.
Speaker 5: So yes, but just after a while, you're just really tired, Like I needed some rest. I need to recuperate. So it feels good to be home. The cruise was awesome, but it feels good to be home. Also, the boats can be true.
Speaker 3: Did you guys feel like when you got back home sleeping on your bed, you weren't like moving or anything? Can I be honest?
Speaker 5: I had PCs. What is that post cruise syndrome? I would get in the shower and I felt like I was moving. I was like, well, this is weird.
Speaker 2: Like jump on trampoline, you get off your stuf feeling.
Speaker 3: Like it was so weird.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, oh man, I'd put my hand on the wallet.
Speaker 3: I'm not moving. That's so weird.
Speaker 2: Do we add that to his list of diseases?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Because man, we got a list that's pretty long. All Right, there you go. Good job, that's telling me something good.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: Bobby, ten year old kid named Honey Cooper. I'm gonna say again, a ten year old kid has dual enrolled in a college and is in an art class, especially where she's kind of crushing it. According to her mom, Mia Cooper, the fourth Guard has been showing advanced abilities and started to see them at eighteen months old when she taught herself to read eighteen.
Speaker 4: Months she's a genius.
Speaker 2: I would think so. And she's in college. Yeah wow, I don't think that's a stretch. But she balances her studies for her normal school between the two schools because she's doing double college right now. She wants to be a surgeon, an artist, or a fashion designer. What I'm excited about is this kid who obviously the brain works different they're also motivated and they don't want to be a YouTuber. Yeah, because that's where it kind of goes wrong, Like you have all this potential and then you want to be a YouTuber and you're like, oh, you'd be a doctor. But a big shout out Sam Bernardino. Ten year old Honey Cooper is crushing it in so school at kim Bark Elementary School and is dual enrolled in college.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: She has a because if she's ten, what grade would that be? Fourth?
Speaker 3: Fourth grade?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has like a seventh and eighth grade math level and a twelfth grade reading level.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Right, now you imagine being in that class like in college and you're like hungover from a party and you're sitting next to a ten year old.
Speaker 4: I bet her classes are online.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I don't know about that. I said, I bet I'll take that bet. You want to regret come the best? Yes, that's when People Magazine, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Ready, Old Woody. He's a World War Two veteran from Salem, Kentucky. Guys, he just turned one hundred years old and the whole city was like, we need to celebrate Woody, his family friends. They threw a big party, and then Commander John Driscoll from the US Navy came in and proclaimed February twenty seventh, Charles Woody Curry Day.
Speaker 2: Love a good wood Day.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I got my own day once. I got the mon day twice once forgetting MTV in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: You got your own day for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if that ever came up in the part of the story. Hot Springs never had MTV and I fought four It's one of my first radio bits when I was in Hot Springs and I got the cable company to take MTV.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He just is it forever your day or just that day?
Speaker 2: You can claim every day? At that point, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Like a list, like you can't double up the day, right, I.
Speaker 2: Can do crimes on that day if I go home, I can do crimes on that day.
Speaker 3: And you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I got in Austin to have a day. So I have one of Hot Springs and one in Austin.
Speaker 3: You should celebrate those days.
Speaker 2: I just get confused which city I want to do crimes in on those days? But that's that's great that he got a day. Just great that he got recognized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guys, and he's still like he's one hundred years old, Like I'm sure when you go to war, you're like, I may never come back. Not only that you turned one hundred years old, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You should get a day for just turning a hundred good story. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good.