Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast one eleven Productions, iHeart Radio, Episode five, Season five, Who Got Us a Pippy Virgin? I am joined by part of my intrepid crew, Amy Sugarman, Tara sud Daniel here will be joining us in a moment.
Speaker 3: The title of this episode is so good and I'm so happy they say it in the episode.
Speaker 1: It was very satisfying when it was delivered.
Speaker 3: You're the Pippy Virgin.
Speaker 1: I am aware of that.
Speaker 3: I am first of all, before we even start. I don't like be long stalking.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 3: She freaks me out so bad. It's like a clown Like It's it's like, you know how people are scared of clowns for some reason. Pippy gives me that same feeling of like, I guess she's the hair and the strength and the whole thing. I'm like, she, like the wicked Witch in a Wizard of Oz, freaks me out.
Speaker 1: I never saw the film even now, even now, I mean I would have seen it. I'm still I keep my virginity, I keep my virtue. That is so funny like before.
Speaker 3: So when you were shooting, did you see just like those little clips that they included.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a darn thing about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I ask you a favor? Like it's for the show. Yes, Can you watch Hippy Long Stocking. It's sweet so that next week you're not a pippy virgin anymore?
Speaker 1: I know I am. That is not a good enough I am going to retain my virginity. I want to be pure in one aspect of my life. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Just give it out haphazard.
Speaker 1: That's it. I ain't so on it around.
Speaker 3: I think I'm semi a pippy virgin. I was so freaked out by that. Did you watch it?
Speaker 4: I did, like once. I didn't really care for it, but I will say that the song stuck in my head after watching, which sucky.
Speaker 3: So good? Come on, and I've never wanted to play bop it more in my life.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I had a bopp it growing up, and then like there was the boppits where you could also like put on your ankle and like like jump with it. So you yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 3: We have to get boppits for the next like live event we do mm hmm, like we need to have like a bop It competition as the pre show. I'm coming up with so many ideas.
Speaker 1: Now you've got this fly in.
Speaker 4: I just realized that I make sense. It wasn't a bop It. It was a Skippet. Do you remember skipp It?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is that a subsidiary? I think so, it's like bop It had a baby? Wait, who wants Since Danielle is late, who should read the synopsis? I think, Scott, you do it.
Speaker 1: Laura I tries to make things less awkward with Dean by inviting him and Rory to double date with her and Luke. The strain of separation wears on Richard and Emily. Lane is frustrated with her inability to connect with Zuck Zach Zach. That's it. Directed by Steve Stephen Clancy, uh and written by Daniel Palladino.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why it was so good? So of course? Oh wait, I don't want to cut you off. Did you finish well?
Speaker 1: I lost my luggage on Delta Airlines?
Speaker 3: No? Wait, oh my god, we have so much to talk about. We're going to get to see your show. Okay, can I please tell this story? So, Scott and I were having a call about a couple ideas for the show, and we were talking about his new show. Did I not guess it? He will not tell me. He was like sworn to secrecy where.
Speaker 1: It was, I was sworn a secrecy about who the American streamers, like you knew.
Speaker 3: You guys. He would not even tell us. We are like in the in the circle of trust. He would not even tell me. But I did guess it, and so we're I go, the CW is the perfect place. But then for the rest of the conversation, I was like, you mean when it airs on the student Wait, that's so rad So when so, I can't believe you got to announce it already? So when so?
Speaker 1: They flew us to New York for the big upfront, the dinner with the guess that we were on the one hundred and first floor at Hudson Yard, in this gorgeous restaurant, in this gorgeous place, and this big presentation in Bradley Schwartz, the head of the Presidents of CEO of c W, gave a nice speech and Harry Sook was there from next our next star has two hundred TV.
Speaker 5: Station, you know, next start the next Star right.
Speaker 1: They k t l A too. They're one of the biggest stations. They bought the c W and they're rebranding and relaunching.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: It's like a legit network now it's not it was, but now it's more No, but I mean now it's like a diversified They have a sports division, they have a news division. Elizabeth Vargas and Chris Walmart, George Will Yeah, and Sullivan's crossing was kind of the bell of the ball.
Speaker 3: That's what it's gonna say. Did they say anything like and we want to welcome home Scott Patterson.
Speaker 1: It was Morgan and myself. Chad is working somewhere. I went there unfortunately, but but we represented Man and they.
Speaker 3: Gave you special attention.
Speaker 1: They did. They showed a clip, they made some kind of clip of the show and they played it and it was just it was very emotional and it was about four minutes long.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was a big I can't wait when do When does it premiere? Did they give it before so a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's going to be in the fall schedule. Don't know when, don't know.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do? Our idea? Are we going to do. Our idea. Remember our idea?
Speaker 1: What I do?
Speaker 3: Do you remember? I'll tell you later. Remember the one we had on the phone call when I guess where it was, our good idea. It's your idea. I love it. It's your idea.
Speaker 1: I had a good idea. I don't remember. I have so many. You have to understand. If somebody doesn't file them for me, you know, they just fly away.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, so back to the task at hand. Of course, we open up on the kitchen with all that beautiful food and me loving the scene but being so let down, like none of that works, nothing in their works.
Speaker 4: You're so disappointed. Now, and we watch you.
Speaker 3: About Melissa McCarthy's band aids, how she always has a band aid.
Speaker 1: Because she's her character is supposed to be always getting cut into, yeah, and something hitting her and bruised and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so somebody always has to remember her to like remind her, like put her band aid on her colored band aid, and then Jackson was all bloody. Jackson does not like being town selectmen.
Speaker 1: Mm mmmm.
Speaker 4: I kind of like forgot that it actually happened, like I was. I don't know why, because like you remember at the end, he like didn't want it.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, it happened.
Speaker 1: I thought he quit, Yes, he can't, he can't.
Speaker 3: I thought he quit already too.
Speaker 1: I was a little surprised that he was acting in that capacity, yeah, you know, because I thought he abdicated the throne somehow he didn't.
Speaker 3: Laura Lai had a super cute cropped sweater over the dress. Hard did you notice that? And then Dean was like slinking around like yeah, And then I love that Laura tried to sneak in the parking spaces, but like, why has like Jackson not approved the parking spaces yet?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Because he's overwhelmed. He's not He's not going it's not going to end well, He's going to be impeached. He's on the road to impeachment.
Speaker 3: Taylor's is like so stoked to fall apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taylor's filed articles of impeachment.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the funny thing is, so that was a good, good opening, fine, like not like the ten out of ten, but like a solid eight point five out of ten. It was a good opening. So then we go to the cafeteria and this is something I learned, You guys, I always thought it was Richard had a valet. It's a valet, Oh, I didn't know. Somebody commented and explained it to us. Did you know that, Scott, that it's called a so a valet is I guess, I don't know. Maybe I'm a message personal vallet a valet t is.
Speaker 4: But in the episode he's they say valet.
Speaker 3: I thought, but this one, he says, valet if you listen.
Speaker 1: I haven't had one in a few years now, so I forgot what I used to call them.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine sometimes I do think, I do imagine so amazing to just have someone right next to me all the time, just like helping me, because like, this is what I need a valet for. I am always carrying a purse, a backpack, five bags of groceries, like my cell phone.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 4: I just saw Amy the other day and she did have like four things in her hands.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I'm always caring. I think a valet would help with.
Speaker 5: That, just to carry things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what else they did.
Speaker 1: I mean with the money that this always generate and you should have it like an army of valets.
Speaker 3: When we get to the poolhouse, scene. I mean, I die, but we're not there yet. So I thought it was cute. Richard and Rory in the cafeteria.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like them.
Speaker 4: I like their relationship.
Speaker 1: She didn't eat.
Speaker 3: The fake eating was very bad in this episode. Rich Thank you for mentioning.
Speaker 1: Richard ate two fork folds. That was good.
Speaker 3: First of all, he's a better fake eater.
Speaker 5: The food though, no, but he was really eating horrific.
Speaker 1: It looked good. It looked like a chicken and peas, I got.
Speaker 3: Right, But why was she having chicken and peas for lunch.
Speaker 1: Because that's what they were serving that day.
Speaker 3: That did not look taste.
Speaker 1: I would have very and I thought it looked very fine.
Speaker 3: But it's not interesting. You totally noticed Richard was eating good eating, good acting eating, and alexis not good.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's because, like the we rarely see Richard eating unless it's like Friday night dinner and they're sitting in those seats, when like Rory has to do it at like the diner at school, you know, like everywhere, Yeah, that's probably over it.
Speaker 1: It's it's hard to match that stuff. And when you know it's it's really difficult. They do a wide shot, and then they come in for you know, a two shot, and then they come in for the close up. You're gonna match everything.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he just knows he's gonna nail his scene, and so he just knows.
Speaker 1: I'm just remember you, just remember when I'm gonna nail this. He ate twice. He actually ate twice. He remembered the exact time he did it, and he repeated it all through the scene.
Speaker 3: He acknowledged she's not eating her gross, gross ass.
Speaker 1: Check, right, and that was appropriate. She should have been eating, so it wasn't bad fake eating. She wasn't supposed to be right.
Speaker 3: And I do love that she's sort of semi prime and knows that. When he asks about the car service, now I feel like there's hope. Yeah, like your grandmother needs to get her six month service. Now, I know there's hope because he cares, cares, and he's not out partying. He's reading some book that sounded long.
Speaker 5: The Decline in the Fall of the Roman Empire.
Speaker 3: What can you even do?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying this Richard Emily breakup separation stuff?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not supposed to be enjoying it, right. I want to be the only one that.
Speaker 3: Was like, we hate it, but you're going to be happy eventually. Danielle's not here, Guys, Daniell's not here. She's not going to know. I just sort of gave this into the spoiler. Wait, Scott, I have a question when you are on a trip like you have no wife, no kid, like you're in New York, did you like go out to.
Speaker 1: Dinner that Delta didn't give me when plane? And now I'm Delta, please return my suit. It's a John wonderful. I didn't even know I had it, and it's it's in a rauld f Lauren hanging bag that's blue and I felt filled out the form and I'm hopeful and I hope they get it back.
Speaker 3: Oh they'll find it.
Speaker 1: I hope so because I had at least they lost it on the way I had. I had a nice, brand new suit that I'd never even worn before.
Speaker 3: At least they lost it on the way home.
Speaker 1: And you know what to c W did they got me a nice suit?
Speaker 3: Oh? That was that was like their treat for you do.
Speaker 1: No, no, they like save the day. I couldn't show it there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you lost it on the way home.
Speaker 1: So on the way there, So you had no thing? I mean I would have shown up in like jim gear.
Speaker 3: You know what did you you didn't have any What did you do? Go shopping?
Speaker 1: C w rallied and they got me a suit?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so are you like? Hey my back?
Speaker 1: I called my manager and I said this, the suit got lost, it's gone. What do we do? And it's not It's really not that big a deal. So she called and the c W took care of it. They were great.
Speaker 3: We would we could have solved that, I heard, could have sold that. We could have figured it out. We wouldn't have got you a fancy suit there, we're a little more. No, we would have got the right side. But we would have went Czara. Yeah, John got.
Speaker 1: A closet full of Zara we dress in.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've never heard of that long book. But anyway, so I do feel like there's there's hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wanted to get over already, let's get together.
Speaker 3: I love the scene with Luke and Laura Lai where she's she's he says, you don't tip me, technically you don't tip the proprietor and she's like, what like in that running bit was really.
Speaker 4: Funny, says I'll tipulator. It's not the line that you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is good wholesome, right, that's wholesome, teasing, titillation, flirty, Yeah, that's good wholesome.
Speaker 3: Stuff a plus flirty flirts.
Speaker 5: And it was funny, and that's funny. It was funny, cute, cute and fun.
Speaker 3: Because my Netflix was having a meltdown, I got basically my Netflix was like glitching, so it was going in slow motion. So I did see all the mug cuppies cubbies really clearly. And Luke Steiner has like an exorbitant amount of stacked up bread if you because there's a lot of bread all stacked up around the toaster.
Speaker 1: Well that's where you'd find it. It's a popular I gotta have a lot of bread.
Speaker 3: And then she sees Dean and has the very awkward though awkward han though it's so weird, hell's rory.
Speaker 1: You know, those scenes are difficult. Let me let me point something out here, a little acting detail. The challenge coming into a scene like that is for Dean is to come from out of the frame into the frame and then stop, oh hey, hey hey. It seems simple because you're he's going to he's so he played it like he was a little bit late going to work, and you felt like he was coming from somewhere going to some place. Yeah, you do, and do you know how many people don't do that in those types of situations. He really did it. He really committed to it. So you buy it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh no, he's good.
Speaker 1: He's good. He was a young kid and he knew his craft because those little details are very very important, you know.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Jared, he was on KTLA this week and uh, Sam Rubin asked him and his wife was on too. He Sam Rubin asked the wife if she was team Dean, which obviously she was Team Dean. But he's team Jess, right, which I'm sure he said before, But he's anyway.
Speaker 1: I was team Team Jess until I hang out with Jared a little bit at a convention. Then I switched.
Speaker 4: But that means your team Jared.
Speaker 3: No, your team Zukery, dude, your logan. You love Matt too, you love them a Hall.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right, everybody.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. There's zero chance you can be anything but team Jess. How could you come on first of all, he's your relative. And number two, I've never seen two cuter people than you, and Milo like.
Speaker 1: Come on, oh gosh, I'm blushing, thank you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when she said chew the fat, I literally what my pants? Really well, she's like, well, chew the fat. Okay. So then we go to Friday night dinner and now Madonna Luise is gone and the maid is named Sarah. The Panic Room, oh my god, it was well, it's so small. It was a side. It was so small. I thought it was so safe. It was so small, and I think it weirdly had a window, but it.
Speaker 1: Was Yeah, it looked like a gun.
Speaker 5: Save it, just yeah, save.
Speaker 3: But the Jodie Foster references, we're so, have you guys seen Panic Room the movie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Not only have I seen it back in the day, rewatched it recently. It's actually really good recently. Kristen Stewart forced Whittaker.
Speaker 1: I like that. I can I can rewatch the one where she turns into a vigilanti after her boyfriend is killed in Central Park and she goes after the guys that did it to her and she's she's on she's on the radio. She's got a talk radio show.
Speaker 5: Jody Foster, Jody Foster.
Speaker 1: It's called what is it called something, go get them?
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to look that up. It's called First of All, I can definitely rewatch Silence of the Lamps. It's called Yeah.
Speaker 1: She gets a gun and she blows these guys away. She finds out where they are, and she's got this relationship with the detective played by that actor. Gosh, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: That guy, that guy.
Speaker 1: Terence Terrence something Terrence.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember one where she was It was similar to Panic Room, but she was on a plane and like her daughter was gone, and everyone's like, you didn't have a daughter, and she's like, I have a daughter a plane. No, but that'd be amazing. She's Jody Foster rocks. But Panic Room excellent trivia. It was supposed to be Nicole Kidman. I think she got heard or something happened.
Speaker 4: What was Jodie Foster's biggest movie?
Speaker 1: Freaking Taxi Driver?
Speaker 3: Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 1: Silence of the Taxi Driver was her biggest movie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see you on that and raise you. Silence of the Lamb.
Speaker 1: She's never been in a bigger, more important film than Taxi Driver.
Speaker 3: Then you mean Silence of the Lamps.
Speaker 1: That is not a bigger movie than Taxi Driver. In the Annals of Film History, Taxi Driver reigns supreme.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know, yes, come.
Speaker 3: On, we can agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what that was her launching pad. You know that made her true?
Speaker 3: No, Freaky Friday was really that's when she was like a kid.
Speaker 1: I auditioned according Silence of the Lambs. So I'm a little no, I'm a little bitter.
Speaker 3: That would have been amazing. Wait, Tar has got some facts, according to a.
Speaker 4: R P dot org the.
Speaker 3: A r P, I don't know the top the Tired people.
Speaker 7: It's a website.
Speaker 4: I looked up top Jodie Foster films, and this is how they ranked it number one, Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Scott.
Speaker 1: They didn't watch what's number two?
Speaker 4: Well hold on, let me actually look up the highest grossing I feel like that's you do that while.
Speaker 1: We keep there's things more important than money. There's art, there's.
Speaker 5: Taxi Driver was critical acclaim. Yeah, that's that's would you have.
Speaker 3: Ever gotten in that panic group? I'm a hard No, no, I'm so yeah, First of all, our producer Hannah just said her highest grossing movie is Elysium. I just looked that is.
Speaker 1: That was mac Damon and it was an Australian production.
Speaker 3: I think that's just because money was like worth more.
Speaker 1: And Jodie Foster played the President of the Federation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in Space, I look bad.
Speaker 4: Panic Room's number four taxi drivers not in the top ten.
Speaker 3: Because money was less. See what I'm saying, Like that one came out in the seventies.
Speaker 1: So we're not the metric isn't just box office metric is the impact on the culture.
Speaker 3: We can agree to disagree. Let's talk about the panochrome. I think I would rather do anything than get in that panicchrome.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My claustrophobia is exp Yeah, I can't do it. And then I love the code, you guys, the code one one one one one. She's all write this down. That's later but still one Okay. So then, but it's understandable.
Speaker 1: She's living alone in that house. Yeah, it's a big that's a that's a lonely.
Speaker 3: Richard is attached. Basically, he.
Speaker 1: Can't respond. He's out in the poolhouse, you know, reading about the fall.
Speaker 3: They're so rich. She could have security, probably for the price of the panic group.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's odd, It's true.
Speaker 3: Why don't they're rich security? Did they have alarm systems? But they could have had an actual like like a person person. Anyway, I love the rinky dink bar cart because Richard took hers and then he locked the study and so they then they go into the pool room and r rory grigory. Everything you got so good? And then what do you think? Do you think that's his vest for his barbershop quartet? What is that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? Can I also throw something out to you?
Speaker 1: And not this time? Amy? I mean, really, okay, go ahead?
Speaker 3: How badly do you want to live in that poolhouse like I would? It's like a vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of nice poolhouses.
Speaker 3: Let me tell my god, I would be big thrill.
Speaker 1: That would be great.
Speaker 3: I would be thrilled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm oh man man.
Speaker 3: And the beautiful orchid, like the whole poolhouse beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at you. I'm looking at houses now, and I'm like, last night I showed my wife a couple.
Speaker 3: Of properties, and here you want to move again?
Speaker 1: Of course I do. I love I love buying houses. Oh, I love it. I want to be like you. I want to have like five.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. I hate packing. I hate packing.
Speaker 1: You hire somebody to pack, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Just still had to do so much work. It's so much work moving.
Speaker 1: If you can get into a nice poolhouse. I showed her like these fantastic poolhouses last night, said, look at these poolhouses.
Speaker 3: I'd be happy just in the poolhouse.
Speaker 1: You could send me out there, and you know when I when I when I do bad, you just send me out there.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's a good idea. Actually, you could turn your poolhouse into your podcast room. We're getting off tangent, okay, bring it back, ring back. So they go to Luke's after, which was also hilarious because they're having all their dessert and Luke serves the grapefruit. Remember when Richard was a big proponent of the grapefruit.
Speaker 1: He's wrong.
Speaker 3: And then I love the callback of that. You don't have to tip the proprietor. It's like the thing about Gilmorgirls is so good because you get the callbacks. But anyway, this is the scene where the fake eating was especially bad. So like just take a bite okay. So then they talk about the awkwardness between Laura La So did you think, all right, here's this question for you. I knew right from the start this double day was not gonna a great idea. Oh yeah, what did you think, Scott?
Speaker 1: I think it was a great idea in that it yielded many, many, many funny moments. Yes, I thought Luke was extremely funny. He was his disdain for this entire idea and all the details where I thought it really went off the rails for me. And I know this is the bop. It thing is sacrifanctu. I just think it got silly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree, because he wouldn't. He's not rude. That's my thing.
Speaker 1: I thought. I thought that damaged his character.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I I agree with you a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, getting angry and snapping in your fat bit.
Speaker 3: And also he wouldn't have cared like I just think he would have been like, this is what Rory wants him down.
Speaker 5: It's fine.
Speaker 1: And it's almost like, listen, you're just dating Loreline. Now, You're not the man of the house and you're not a dad injecting yourself into this situation, and it's just it was just too much. It's like it was weird, know your place here, and it's it was entertaining, so I thought it hurt the character and I wasn't entertained. I tuned out of the scene. I didn't like it. You didn't need it. You didn't need that. I thought it was forced, and I thought.
Speaker 3: It was and why it just Luke wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: No, it was out of character.
Speaker 3: Sidebar, I will say the scene back, Okay, so we're back, still in the diner and the scene where they're eating the fake eating the dessert. Luke and Larelei are so completely natural and amazing together, like it just does not even seem like I'm watching It's like I'm watching a real home movie. Like it's not I'm not even watching a show. I'm just watching two people that genuinely are together, that genuinely like each other like that. The Luke and Lrali is so outstanding.
Speaker 4: It feels natural like they've been together for years.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so so good.
Speaker 1: I got so lucky to act with her. It was just it's so easy. It's such a breeze and you can do your stuff with her and she gets it and she just gives it back right away.
Speaker 5: It's just so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the Luke Laura LII stuff. And there's been a lot of people, like people that listen to us commenting like we do get sidetracked on Dean and Rory because we're it's so kind of controversial and questionable. The fans are so obsessed with Luke and Laura Lai. That is like what they care about the most. And I have to say, I think the reason we gloss over it sometimes is because it's so natural and just so good, Like what are we going to say? It's perfection.
Speaker 1: We had the ability to work very small, very nuanced, very detailed, and it just with her. It was easy with her. It was it just came because she was in the pocket too, man, and it was so cool, so cool man. It's like when you're riffing with another guitarist.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that's actually a really good that's a great analogis it's a great analogy. It is like dancing to me, like the way Luke and Lorli are is like it's just a dance and they're so perfect.
Speaker 1: It's like what Keith Richards and Ronnie would do on stage. You know, they they weave the guitars together. You know, there's there's this ancient art of weaving that stuff, and it's all very nuanced and subtle, and it's like, yeah, you know, Keith's sends something out and Ronnie will answer, and then Ronnie will send something out and Keith answer. You know what I mean. Now the question is who's Keith Richards and who's running what? Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I don't want to answer that, Okay, you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Like, So we go from the diner, which was a good scene other than the fake eating, to uh, Lane and the band, and I did learn that they all really played a little bit. They all played enough, except I think Sebastian Bach actually maybe couldn't play, but like, they played enough to be shot sort of playing. Didn't look like back musicians.
Speaker 1: You don't think Sebastian can play a guitar. A little bit.
Speaker 3: I have to reread the like I went and did a like a deep dive onto the band and I'm trying to remember, but I think I can't remember. I need to get my facts. But they definitely played, so uh. It was very funny the bit with Lane and Zach when She's like so how you doing and like he's talking about brushing too vigorously, anything on your mind, Like it's a it's a good banter. I'm not mad at them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now they're developing that they're spending more, they're allowing us to spend more time with it, so it's entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a scene where she takes her glasses off for a minute. I can't remember if it's this scene or later in the episode.
Speaker 4: I think it's the next one.
Speaker 3: It was so like, whoa, she looks so different without the glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, she didn't wear glasses in real life, right, and they maybe were just for the character, because I think she was in something else I was watching and I'm like, oh my god, that's lame.
Speaker 5: But it just took me a.
Speaker 4: Second because she was wearing the glasses.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The next scene is Rory goes over to Kyle's, which I was just like, who is this Kyle guy? Okay?
Speaker 4: I literally Amy, I was watching this and I'm like, did I miss an episode?
Speaker 1: Like who's Kyle?
Speaker 4: And and is Dean living with him? Now? It was just so I'm like, who's Kyle? And he came back from the Navy.
Speaker 3: Like I know, and it was like the whole thing about his arm and then he's getting all the ladies. I was just like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny, but I was I just thought I missed something.
Speaker 1: It was a little sticky, but it was funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And then you know Amy and.
Speaker 1: Dan do that, they go with the stick they go with it, they do they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very mas they do that.
Speaker 1: A lot of the show was really you know, every other you know, all of these characters going along, they're really just there to support the joking jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's just a setup so that, you know, Lauren can do the jokes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I did also think it was good.
Speaker 1: When Lane calls your comedy routine.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mazel's totally welcome.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Daniel, things just got real.
Speaker 7: What did I miss? What did I miss?
Speaker 3: You didn't miss anything was totally.
Speaker 1: I'd like to welcome back to our podcast, Danielle Romo. Daniel, thanks for stopping bye, I'm here.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry for being tired.
Speaker 1: This here, big deal.
Speaker 3: We'll give you the thirty second catch up. We've gone through the episode to being at Kyle's and Lane is about to call Rory and say I like you one more than friends.
Speaker 1: Right, and then there's a part where Delta lost my suit. Oh yeah, we're waiting for it, and that I was at my front was amazing. And we're joining the CW fall schedule anyway, go ahead, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I told everybody that you watch the wrong episode.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, and by the way, New York is back, baby, Yeah, New York City is back. It was thriving and teaming with tourists and energy and it was amazing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Sorry, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: We've had a lot of sidebars today. We'll definitely get letters because we've definitely gone off tangent, but you know we're doing our best.
Speaker 1: No on tangents. We haven't want to have a we've gone off script.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all want to come off Fosters.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, a log of movie.
Speaker 3: You have a favor?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you have a favorite favorite, Jodie Foster. I mean it's Taxi, right, you think about his full house. That's like.
Speaker 7: As soon as I said it, I took it back. I took it back so fast.
Speaker 1: And this is why Daniel's superstar. She's here for five seconds that she delivers when.
Speaker 7: I know I took it back. I knew it as soon as I said it.
Speaker 3: Does this mean anything to you? Does this mean anything to Daniel one one one one one, Yes? It does?
Speaker 7: Panic room button code. You can't forget.
Speaker 3: It, you guys. I'm gonna let you in a little secret. You know. How do you guys all have those codes on your phone? Get only your iPhone? Who wants zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero and I will give it to anybody. My nieces are like, Auntie, can I put with your phone? And I'm all zero zero zero zero zero. My boyfriend of like zero zero zero zero zero.
Speaker 5: Why don't you just take the lock off?
Speaker 1: Because here's why listen.
Speaker 7: I know why.
Speaker 3: Why Because I'm not trying to keep out people. I know.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you've got so many numbers there, she's left her phone before places.
Speaker 1: You got to protect your friends.
Speaker 3: And Jimmy Fallon's number is weirdly in my phone and you know's.
Speaker 4: Going straight to search for Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Fallons stolen this week. You better change that code.
Speaker 3: No, because nobody will get it zero zero zero zero zero people just try everything. Okay. Wait, so see we're going on tangents today. All right, so here is one pet peeve I have I want to see if you guys agree. Sorry, And I'm also talking too much today. I think I had two brownies before we started.
Speaker 9: And I'm like, oh, not funny brownies, just regular brownies.
Speaker 3: But okay. So Rory is asking Dean about the double date, like, hey, we're going to do this double date. Here is my pet peeve and people do it all the time. Does anybody know what it is?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not brownies.
Speaker 3: She says it twice. She goes, it was mom's idea, and then she says something else, so does mom, And it's like it's not his mom, say my mom? Oh anybody I see? Yeah, she says it was mom's idea, where I feel like she needed to say it was my mom's idea. Like people do that a lot of people do that, whether they always go mom said you should come over for dinner, and it's like you're.
Speaker 8: Or it's the reverse too, where you're talking to your brother or sister or whatever and you're like, oh, yeah, my mom said.
Speaker 7: It's like bro, we have the same mom.
Speaker 1: My.
Speaker 7: Siblings do that all the time.
Speaker 3: Right, But with see with siblings. It's fine to be like mom said, we have to be there at five. But if I'm talking to you guys, I would say my mom said, because if I say, mom, who's yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 3: Oh I have a question, Scott fire Away, because I guess you're the only one that has a kid. So do you say, like to your kid like mom said? Or do you say your mom.
Speaker 1: Said, well, I you know, I say, but I say, listen to your mother.
Speaker 3: So you say you're so if you okay, if you guys are mom right, like if you were going to keep my mom right? See, who's my point? So if you are talking to your kid and you're like, we're gonna go have pizza, mom said to be ready at five, you say your mom said you should be ready at five.
Speaker 4: I feel like as a kid, my parents would say like like my mom would be like dad said or whatever, but yeah, like you're I think as a kid they did not.
Speaker 5: Now that one.
Speaker 3: I could let it slide either way. I'm cool with it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Do we think we finished this? You guys continue? Okay, so what does everybody think? Do you have any thoughts to share about Kyle? Because we think he came out of nowhere.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 1: I was pleasantly. I enjoyed that. I wanted it to continue. I didn't want him to leave. I thought it was it was really funny. I got a lot of chuckles out of that.
Speaker 4: I thought it just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: But I think that the episode needed it, you know, it needed Yeah, it did need it, and it delivered, So I was glad about it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Kyle's a one and done cale come back.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then did you guys notice then there's a new angle that they shot lorealized house from. They shot it way back and kind of to the side, and you see the full grass and like some chairs in the yard. Guys egalize this a bit more and uh rory was it yelled at the coffee cart and then I think that's when it happens again. Laura Lai says, Mom's on the other line, but it's her grandma. So Dan Palladino must be one of those guys that says mom and not your mom, because he would have said hold on your grandmother's calling, right, But she says moms on them anyway, you guys don't seem engaged by whatever. Cut out one one one and Laura was wearing her glasses.
Speaker 7: You all discussed discuss the glasses. The glasses were fun. It's a little change up this episode.
Speaker 3: I think she only wears them like two or three times in the whole series.
Speaker 8: I liked it.
Speaker 4: Also, Kyle is in five episodes.
Speaker 3: Oh so we get more of Kyle. All right, we'll have to reach out to Kyle to come on. Okay, So then now it's daytime. Scott talked to us, what did you think of the date?
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny. I really enjoyed it. You know, I thought the date was great. I thought it was hysterically funny. Sean was great.
Speaker 3: When you saw him wearing slacks, that was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole date thing worked up until the boppit and even then the Luke anger and then the petting, you know, his little petulant freaking.
Speaker 3: That was gnarly. We have to break down. But I apologize. I skipped one scene where Lorelai goes over to the pool house, and I apologize for that. But that's how she learns about the barbershop quartet. Back to the date, who wants to talk about their favorite parts of the date.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just love Kirk.
Speaker 7: I just love that that's the theater and stars all up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's someone's living room with a projector like of all things like, and they're like, oh, it's empty. I'm like, even if you had every seat full, there's eight people.
Speaker 4: Like, but then like the tape caught fire, so he's like, I could reenact it for you if you want.
Speaker 3: They can't watch cool hand, Luke Scott, did you die? When they get up to go to the popcorn and Kirk is just making out.
Speaker 8: I did really enjoy when when Luke was so annoyed with Dean Slacks, Like he was just so annoyed that they were increased and like proper that he was like you.
Speaker 4: Know when you like don't like someone or you're not a fan and you just like find the smallest things to pick up. I feel like that's how it was, Like he's so irritated by Dean right now that he's like the slacks.
Speaker 3: And then I did find it amusing the whole reason they go to JoJo's because like the food's grown.
Speaker 9: Right, They're basically like, well, Luke's was good, but you want to eat it hot and this it's kind of bad to begin with, so when it's cold, you know, and then like I think, Luke, Luke just goes it sucks.
Speaker 7: It was a weird way of a big compliment to Luke Steiner.
Speaker 3: The date to me, even with the bopped aggression, was a ten out of ten. Like the emptiness of the theater that it's the black, white and red movie theater, but it's also is it is it where Andrew works? Is it also the bookstore?
Speaker 1: No? Oh no, I thought, no us the bookstore is over near Taylor's or Dozie's Market.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, Danielle, we also sidebarred for a solid amount of time on Pippy long Stocking. We won't tell you how we feel, but how do you feel about her?
Speaker 8: I feel like Pippy long Stocking looks like Wendy's.
Speaker 7: That's all I kept thinking about. Like, is that Wendy's look? That's all I can think about.
Speaker 9: Oh, so we all learned the Scott Patterson.
Speaker 3: We still got some Pippy virgin.
Speaker 7: I think you got too, because I don't think i've seen it either.
Speaker 3: Tara has definitely seen it, as I've seen creepy parts of it, but can you do the song? Tara? Can you please do the song?
Speaker 5: It's long sucking?
Speaker 7: Oh No.
Speaker 8: I do have a question for Scott because when I was watching that bop It scene, I literally saw it like four different times because I just kept rewinding rewinding.
Speaker 7: You and Jared were literally like on the verge of cracking up.
Speaker 8: Like I think you guys were like almost about to lose your lose cool.
Speaker 7: But like I was like, I gotta ask Scott, like like.
Speaker 1: I couldn't had to do that, to be honest with you, It's like, what is it?
Speaker 7: He's like choking over there.
Speaker 1: Like what what? What are we doing? What this? How did this get in the script? You know what's happening here? What's wrong?
Speaker 3: I pitched Scott a Boppit free party the next live event we have, but everyone's just doing bompits.
Speaker 4: I loved bopp It's I had I.
Speaker 7: Need to boppet is.
Speaker 3: Luke and Dean doing bop it.
Speaker 1: But what a way to, you know, for Laura to try to, you know, get these two guys calm down, talking friendly to play a game of bop it. I mean it's like it was just so.
Speaker 3: D don't even understand why you were mad at him so much. He didn't do leap to you.
Speaker 1: Because he's he's It's just he's over protective of a ror. He doesn't like that situation, I think, and I think a lot of the backlash I got personally was because I wasn't echoing Luke's sentiments towards I was my own, okay, right, and it didn't match you know, it didn't match Luke's.
Speaker 3: So the best thing, though, was when you win in You're all in your.
Speaker 1: I actually thought that was the lowest Luke has ever been as a character.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was funny. I thought it was disturbing.
Speaker 5: Actually, I agree.
Speaker 3: With you, even though I was entertained, Like I said, when I think about it, I agree with you that this was Luke would never act like that. He'd never act like that in front of his girlfriend who he loves. He's never going to do that, and he's never going to do that to Rory ever ever. So yeah, I do agree. And then you felt so awful, which we could feel. So then they leave, right, and Laura LII starts to tell you like I bring out mapa to like when a party's bad or whatever, and you genuinely felt terrible. So I'm like, he would have never done it.
Speaker 1: He would have never done it. You didn't need that, you didn't need the drama. Just he can subtly sort of you know, not like Dean, and but I mean to the extent to which he took things, it's just not necessary.
Speaker 3: Well, and then you're like he's not good enough for but it's like he kind of is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm just gonna dig another hole for myself with this thing.
Speaker 3: Here's one thing, it's a safe space. It's a safe space everybody.
Speaker 8: Here's one thing I'm going to say about Dean and Rory in this episode, and it really frustrated the hell out of me.
Speaker 7: I really liked Dean this episode. I was like, oh my god, I like this guy.
Speaker 8: Like I just love how he was like a side of all the things we know about Dean, like him and Rory, and.
Speaker 7: This episode just had the chemistry again.
Speaker 3: Right right, He's the old Dean again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And like the way he looked at her and like she looked at him. I was like, why do I like him right now? And then you have the Luke on the other hand, just like railing on it which is how I felt, you know, every single episode until until now. But in this episode, I was like, oh I like them, yeah, but then but no, but I like had a snap out of it and be like, no, this is really bad.
Speaker 4: It's funny because my mindset the whole episode is still just like I don't want this relationship. But I see why you say that just because you feel like it. But for me, it felt like we were going backwards. I'm like, I don't want her to go.
Speaker 7: Backwards for sure, but like very.
Speaker 8: But isolating every episode we've watched before this, Like if you just watched this episode by itself, without knowing anything before, you'd be like, they are very cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in the comments, like because I read all the comments, they call it Dean and Rory one, and then they call it Dean and Roy two point zero, and a lot of people don't like Dean and Rory two point oh even though they loved Dean and Rory one.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I also saw I didn't realize, like this is the third time they've been back together, right. I saw someone comment that they did have like the like they had like a breakup and then they got back together, right, I don't recall this.
Speaker 7: I think you're right because they broke up because of Jess. So did they get back to you?
Speaker 3: But that was the final I think there was one brick up earlier.
Speaker 4: Oh I love you? It was I love you right?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah? Oh and she didn't say it back. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah good.
Speaker 4: I was like, I know because this is the third time technically.
Speaker 3: So then here's my problem. We go up to where Luke feels awful, right, He's like, I feel awful. I feel awful, and then my Netflix crapped out, So I have no idea what happened in the last sixty seconds of episode.
Speaker 8: Because the last sixty seconds of the episode brought me back to why I don't like Dean, because Luke literally.
Speaker 7: Laid it all out there.
Speaker 3: So this is when he's like, she deserves a king or a prince. Yeah, okay, So maybe I saw almost everything and I just missed like thirty seconds or so. And the how did the episode end?
Speaker 4: It was Rory driving through the town and then like Deane was like, oh, that was really nice, and then he can't invite her over because Kyle has his friends that's what I see. And then she drives off.
Speaker 8: And you and yeah, and also the whole Richard and Emily scene too, Yes, and what Richard tells her, Oh, you know, the property tax bill is wrong. I just want to let you know. Oh and by the way, I'm you know, I joined the barbershop quartet and she smiles, So you see this like little glimpse of like, oh, maybe there is hope for the two of them, Like she was like, my worries about the party vest or it's just a little quartet that he's doing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Who's got favorite lines? I have, like so many.
Speaker 1: My favorite line was in reference to the Panic Room when when Emily said it can take a what did she say? A nine millimeter tank shell and she and laurla I said, well, you know it's going to be an interesting tea with sugar night something like that.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 8: Did you guys talk about when Rory was telling Laura when they were talking about Richard and Emily, and Rory said divorce is not the answer. And I'm like, that is very rich coming from you, Rory right now, Like I need you to take step back.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, yeah, right, Pats purposely put that line in.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think it was intentional, but.
Speaker 7: I just wrote it down. How could she say that?
Speaker 4: A hypocrite?
Speaker 7: Yeah, geez.
Speaker 3: One, one one one. Who's who's getting a bop It for Christmas? I'm getting you all.
Speaker 1: I actually have I hang, I have the bop it from the show.
Speaker 3: No wait, that is a great piece of memorabilia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know where it is, but I have it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's in storage.
Speaker 1: I do have it.
Speaker 3: This is a callback to episode one? Is it with the fifty thousand palettes of gum that came with your house? Do you remember when you moved Remember when you moved into that house and for some reason they left like pallettes of gum? I think you guys ate it all the house you're in now when you moved in, right, they left behind gum and you ate it? Gum tons of gum. You don't remember?
Speaker 7: How do you forget? That? Is that insurance? Actually? Scott?
Speaker 3: You guys, yes, you don't remember. When Scott moved in. We talked about it on the air and then we even asked if he was eating his way through the gum and you did.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, guys, Bopits are expensive. How much it's eighty bucks?
Speaker 7: Oh, dang, is that like Boppit pros.
Speaker 4: It's just Hasbro gaming bopit on Amazon. It's seventy nine eighty six.
Speaker 3: How many Boppits are we giving this episode? Let's just do it.
Speaker 7: We did and a half.
Speaker 3: E did a half Boppit.
Speaker 4: I agree, eight and a half for me too, Scott, Oh, you go last, you're the boss.
Speaker 3: Let me go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eight point.
Speaker 3: Seventy five poppits. I don't know if he's giving it a six.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's going to be lower.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling to give it seven.
Speaker 3: But that's because you're just mad at Luke's behavior, which wasn't your.
Speaker 1: Fault, not just that. Really, I think I've been clear. I really, you know, I really look, you have to understand. I go into these things. I really want to love them.
Speaker 5: You know it's okay not to.
Speaker 3: You can't everything can't be a ten. I give everything, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I was entertained by it. Hey, you know, through the through the forty minutes, I was sitting there, I was laughing, and I'll give.
Speaker 3: A PSA to protect you that. It's like, if you gave everything a ten, then you're full of hullabaloo.
Speaker 7: And then your ten doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Your ten means nothing. Now the tens mean something. Yeah, this is a safe space.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We're in the we're in the circle of trust.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: What is from old school? I thought we're in the trust tree?
Speaker 7: Circle of trust is meet the Fockers?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, everybody that's gonna do it? Next episode A season five, episode six, Norman Mailer, I'm pregnant. And those are two perfectly aligned ideas. I mean, of course, when you say the words i'm pregnant, you think of Norman Mailer.
Speaker 3: Can I just say really fast? We have the most epic guests coming up over the next like month and a half. Like people are going to be freaking stoked.
Speaker 1: We are. We're very excited about the lineup, very very exciting. Yes, it is like, all right, so that's gonna do it?
Speaker 3: God, I'm so sorry. What people need to tune in later this week because we have a pop culture a new idea for pop culture that we are going to surprise you with later.
Speaker 1: This Who is am I going to be surprised?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean we have like a meeting and we want to pitch you an.
Speaker 1: Idea you want to pitch me an idea? M h.
Speaker 3: So you'll hear it later this week.
Speaker 1: So okay, So I have to wait to wait, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you have to Yeah, you have to wait and wonder and see and then see if you like it better. And we think you might. We have like a we have. I think it's a good idea. Tar doesn't even know yet. Oh yeah, I oh, Tar doesn't know. Yeah, sorry, Tara, Scott and Tar surprise lay all right, it involves acting.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm more acting. Why couldn't you have said it involves skiing.
Speaker 3: It involves it involves eating cheeseburgers, swimming in the ocean and MoU rainbows and unicorns.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it, everybody, Thanks for downloading. Best fans on the planet. We will see you next time, and always remember that I am all In. Stay safe everyone.
Speaker 6: Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you Gilmore fans.
Speaker 6: If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company scottip dot com.
Speaker 1: S C O. T. T.
Speaker 6: Y P dot com, scottyp dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee,