Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, November fourth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're ready for the real grind to begin. It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grand joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones. We are almost through nine weeks, Florida. We are as far from either shore as we're going to be. How are we feeling at the midway point?
Speaker 2: Uh said a little bit like, Look, the first eight weeks have been really rough for my fantasy teams, but you know, we still got a lot of season left to go. But the closer and closer we get to the end, the more I'm like, oh, this is this is almost coming to an end, so enjoy it while it's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are we feeling at this point? In lakwand are we were ready to go for the back half of this thing.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to bring home the gold in some of my leagues where I'm happier where I'm sitting at record wise, But the rest of the other teams, we just don't acknowledge. You know, they're bad, they're in the past, you know whatever, We're good, you know, So I'm looking forward to the main teams that I got right now in this playoff run, I've.
Speaker 1: Just decided that really what I'm focused on is giving advice to other people because it's not working out for me on a real team by team level. This year, this this honestly is maybe one of the worst years I add in fantasy. So now I'm just gonna focus on trying to be good for everyone else and trying to help everybody else's teams. To that end, we got a lot to talk about today. We will have our biggest takeaways from week nine. We will dive into the waiver wire, plus some fantasy mulligan. Some things we sort of swung and missed on, whether it's this week, whether it's this year, however you want to defind it, and you know we'll get some doovers on that. But let's start, as we always do, with some fantasy headlines and coming into Monday, there were six teams across the NFL that had a two and seven record. Two of those teams made major coaching shakeups. You will start in Las Vegas, where the Raiders have fired offensive coordinator Luke Getsi as long as as well as two other assistant coaches, I only Pierce making big shakeups there. However, Pierce also said he is not ready to name a new play caller, nor is he ready to name a new starting quarterback. So Florida, I mean, maybe it's been trending this way for a while, but have we reached a point where it's pretty much just Brock Bowers and nobody else in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: We're getting close to that. I would say it is Brock Bowers, Jacoby Myers and no one else in fantasy, because you look at what Jacoby Myers has done as of late eleven targets yesterday, he has seven or more and now five straight games, and in each of those games he's at least fifty yards, So you're talking about him bringing a safe floor and some ceiling, like we saw a pretty high ceiling each of the last two games out of him as well. But yeah, they're now using three different running backs. It was a Mere Abdulah who led them in snaps and targets this week. Alexander Madison led them and carries, but Zamir White got the goal line work. So in that type of backfield, you cannot trust any of them. So yeah, two Raiders, and so Marcus, this is something that I know you and I have spoke a lot about off air, Like Antonio Pierce was the right man for the moment last year, but in my opinion, they needed a smart offensive mind to keep this thing going and they did not get that with Getzi. So yeah, it's looking pretty rough right now for the Raiders.
Speaker 1: The one Samir White touchdown I think had everybody in fantasy wanting to smash their head into a wall because it's like, we, look, we were really leaning on the Raiders running game, but Zamir White, we felt like was pretty much done at this point. Then he shows up and scores a touchdown. This also sort of feels like Antonio Pierce trying to scapegoat a little bit to save his own job, but it does feel like that is coming to an end as well. The Raiders had to turn to Desmond Ritter on Sunday to finish out that game against the Bengals while they were getting blown out. Meanwhile, over in New Orleans, Dennis Allen is no longer the head coach of the Saints. They lose to the Panthers on Sunday. They're at two and seven. It was just Carolina's second win of the season. On top of that, Lakwan Chris Olave left the game early, took a really nasty hit suffered a concussion. The early indications are that he was not gonna be ready for Week ten coming up. How much longer he's going to be out still is an open question at this point. But now in New Orleans, is it just Alvin Kamara and nobody else with this Saints offense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much of who you can trust on a week to week I mean, they put up one hundred and fifty five rushing yards with Alvin Kamara and they still lost the game. Like there's really no real hope, you know, outside of looking out of Alvin Kamara, just based on you can't really trust anybody out there and who's going to be out there staying healthy. I mean, Derek Carr likes targeting his tight ends, but multiple tight ends have touched the ball when it comes to Derek Carr targeting them in the red zone. So it's not really like you can pinpoint who's going to be your guy in this offense. And honestly, this offense is terrible. They fell off a cliff since Week three I mean, no, seven losses. Those are big losses for that offense that can't get anything going. I mean Derek Carr. You know he was injured, but we know we're getting out of Derek Carr. And you can see in these highlights overthrown passes and not being able to connect with wide receivers on a consistent basis. And you know, Dennis Allen gets to boot. You know, last time he was a head coach, he got the boot and his quarterback was Derek Carr. So here we are again. So we kind of saw how this all played out before, and here we are, you know, in week nine, and he's canned, sacked.
Speaker 1: I should say that sacked sack time is a is a flat circle. Apparently with the Dennis Allen and Derek Carr ninety one points combined in their first two games. Now in this seven game losing streak, they scored a grand total of one sixteen. Yeah, it is bleak there in New Orleans. You know, we'll see if this helps the offense in any way. You know, I'm sure you guys both saw. Michael Thomas had a lot to say on Twitter on Sunday about the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints. Yeah, can't guard Mike Apparently, you can't guard him from saying just wicked things on Twitter about the Saints starting quarterback Anyway. A couple offenses though, to keep an eye on as we get to the back half of the season with coaching changes happening. May not be the last in season coaching change we have to talk about on this show. Taking a look at the top scores so far in Week nine, with still two teams left to play on Monday Night, Jalen Hurts doing it big against the jaguarswo engine thirty passing yards, a couple of touchdowns, also sixty seven rushing yards did a scord nearly thirty points for him. Saquon Barkley doing Saquon things thirty two, almost thirty three points for him, and that's after losing a fumble. Could have been an even bigger day for him, but a pair of touchdowns, one on the ground, one through the air. Jackson Smith and Jigba shows up seemingly out of nowhere. Seven catches for a Buck eighty and two touchdowns, thirty seven points for JSN. Mike Gasicki five catches, one hundred yards and two touchdowns against the Raiders. That's twenty seven points right there. Cairo Santos with three field goals for thirteen points, and the Rams defense getting it done against the Seahawks seven sacks, three picks including a pick six, twenty points allowed and ends up being twenty points for the Rams. So as we take a look at that, you know, La Kwand's very fired up about they played well, no doubt about it, and they are hot right now. We're back maybe anyway, non Rams talk. Anybody else that you like is a fantasy hero this week? And somebody on menu off men you go wherever you like.
Speaker 3: Listen. Mike Kiseki, big Jersey, another Jersey guy. I love to support my guys. But he showed up and showed out. And again he's a guy that's been living on the waiver wire these past couple of weeks and he's been stepping in when T. Higgins isn't Now, if T Higgins is not on the field, I'm playing Mike Koseki for the rest of the season because T Higgins obviously he's the spocal point, the second wide receiver in this offense along with Jamar Chase. But Mike Koseki man, he's been showing up in the time said T Higgins has not been available. So therefore, honestly, I love that they're still supporting the National tight End Day all the way into the next week because four different tight ends touched the ball yesterday and it's like, Okay, Mike Kiseki, he's going to be the alpha of those tight ends. So shout out Big Jersey Gooseki, get those tuddies well.
Speaker 1: And shout out to Kasiki for being ready for the opportunity, because it seemed like the Bengals wanted Jermaine Burton to really have his opportunity. Then he misses a meeting on Saturday, ends up being a healthy scratch sort of as a disciplinary measure by the Bengals. So Mike Kasiki stepped in and look, just it's a lesson, not just in the NFL, but in life. If you are not ready for your opportunities, somebody else probably is going to be floreal. I've the thought coming here into the weekend that Saquon is going to go big. I know I'm not alone in this. It's Saquon Barkley against a bad defense. But man, Saquon Barkley went big. This week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he most certainly did. And I think you could argue right now, the only running you'd rather have in fantasy than Saquon is Derick Henry. But there is an argument even to be had there because what Saquon is doing is so special right now, and this play that you were watching right now got such an audible reaction out of me. And it's a reminder that, like, we watch football because it is fun and it is awesome, And if we're talking fantasy heroes, how could I not go with a guy who did something that you only see in superhero movies or kung fu movies because that's exactly what he just did right there. So yeah, if you have Saquon, you are feeling great right now. You are planning room where you're gonna put your trophy or whatever, because he is just absolutely balling out right now. Perfect fit for him and for Philly.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was that play was mind boggling. I mean, like, how a human being pulls that off bro in real time, at real speed against other professional athletes was just an incredible, incredible thing to say, touched his toe for me, Yeah, how how do you do that? I don't get it? I go with Chase Brown as a big fantasy hero this week, and we have been sort of waiting for the Chase Brown takeover to happen. I mean, Zach Moss being less than one hundred percent certainly aided in that, but Chase Brown really has been getting more and more opportunities in the offense as the weeks have gone on. This week took full advantage against a bad Raider defense season high twenty six point seven fantasy points, first time he's been over one hundred rushing yards this season, also had a receiving touchdown. Really was a do everything guy, and it sort of shows you that when there is just one guy in this Bengals backfield, that that player can actually eat and be productive. I think some of the problem for us and trying to pick a running back is that you have two guys who were sort of getting similar opportunities, and neither one of them was doing enough individually to feel confident in putting them in our lineups regularly. So we'll see what the future is for Zack Moss. We'll see how the splits go as the season goes along, but it does feel like Chase Brown really is coming for that RB one job in Cincinnati. I will say, as somebody who drafted a lot of them, you'll love to see it. We'll just see if he can continue to be as productive. Certainly the Bengals hope so because they are very much fighting for their playoff lives. And look some big games coming up on the schedule. They got the Ravens next week on Thursday Night Football. He got a tough Charger defense. They have the Steelers still coming up as well, so some difficult matchups. But if Chase Brown is the guy, I can feel a lot better about Chase Brown in my lineup. So those are some of the things we learned from the weekend. Meanwhile, as we go and look a bigger view, you kind of a wider view of this thing. Look on what was one of the big things you took away from this past week?
Speaker 3: Bryce Seung playing better, and honestly, this means a ton for the fantasy wide receivers over there that are relevant when it comes to Jalen Cocher when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Xavier League aet.
Speaker 3: I really feel as though now he has these back to back games where he's shown improvement, he's been playing completely better than he was in the big in the season, and only to mention that, you know, looking at that Denver Broncos game that he had last week, he really looked good in the pockety he looked a comfortable and when you have the run game doing their part as well with Huba Hubbard, which is great in this one two punch, Bryce Young's able to actually sit back there and get his wide receivers to the ball and get these guys fantasy relevant. And I think when you have Exavier look at how he's been playing, he's starting to heat up and coming to his own with the fantasy playoffs are around the way. Jalen Coker and Xavier le Get are guys that I'm having stash as potential wide receiver three slash flex players. Man, I'm telling you Bryce s Young is going to keep on improvement as the season goes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he's looked good. And I went back and watched some of that game the week before against Denver and you could see moments of it and he just looks like he's getting more comfortable. I mean, who knows, maybe sitting on the bench for a few weeks actually did some good. I know, the numbers aren't spectacular, but it's definitely an improvement from where he was, and as you mentioned, it certainly helps the receivers there as well. Florio are what are you learning? I guess some thing also about quarterbacks who were binge huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think there is a trend where quarterbacks are being given up on too easy and too early in the NFL right now, and Bryce Young is a good example. Like they haven't even said he's going to be the starter next week, which makes no sense to me. But Anthony Richardson. Maybe the Colts are actually better with Anthony Richardson. Even if you want to argue that they are not long term, this is such a bad decision. You look at what they did this past week with Joe Flacco. They did not score a touchdown. They scored three offensive points, which came after a three and out on an interception. They had their fewest yards of the season. Their second fewest was their last time that Joe Flacco started for the Indianapolis Colts. They had their lowest epa per play. I could go on and on and on, but the thing is if they lost to the they needed a fourth quarter comeback with Flacco, they lost to the Jaguars. With him, they did not compete at all against the Vikings. What is your ceiling potentially sneaking in as a seventh seed. Get Anthony Richardson back in there, Get him the reps that he needs. Figure out this long term because it was ugly with Anthony Richardson. It was boring and ugly on Sunday night without.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing with Joe Flacco is that he was supposed to elevate the pass catchers, right, he was supposed to make us more confident in downs and Pittman and even Alec Pierce. If that didn't happen at all. So if you're not winning, you're not moving the ball, and you're not elevating your other skill position, Guys, to your point, what even are we doing here other than just wrecking your rookie young quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Playing a head coach a quarterback that's older than their head coach.
Speaker 1: That's what that? Yeah, yeah, when you put it like that, man, other quarterback issues that are a little bit better that we're in Los Angeles. Maybe justin Herbert is becoming a thing for the Chargers. He's put up top ten weeks in back to back a week to ten games, I should say in back to back weeks, of course, the Monday night game notwithstanding. But they're starting to let him throw the football more. I mean, early in the season it was about the run game for this Chargers offense. Obviously, it was great to see JK. Dobbins get out to a quick start this year and play so well early in the season. But the last few weeks we're starting to see the Chargers open it up more. Herbert only twenty seven attempts I say, only twenty seven pass attempts on Sunday, but before that three games in a row with thirty two or more passing attempts. He started to be efficient. In fact, this year just one interception, ten touchdown passes, just one pick for Justin Herbert. He's starting to elevate Lad mcconkee. Every now and then you get the busted coverage on Quinton Johnston that turns into a touchdown, and so, yeah, it's not gonna look like it looked like previously when Herbert was throwing the ball all over the lot and they were a pass first offense. This is still a run first offense. But Justin Herbert starting to work his way back in get more comfortable, and Greg Rome is starting to realize what he has under center. You gotta be excited about that. I mean, look, we knew that Herbert wasn't gonna be the same level of guy, but I don't think we expected the fall off that we saw early in the season. So maybe, just maybe he's starting to bounce back.
Speaker 2: Running a little bit more too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think Greg Roman is going to confuse him with Lamar Jackson, but he is starting to run a little bit more, and you got to like that as well. It's the hair exactly. We're gonna dip into the waiver wire coming up after this and some do overs as well. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Florio. Who should we be looking after this week?
Speaker 2: Drake May someone I'm really excited about for fantasy purposes. I don't love bow Knicks matchup next week, but the schedule gets better after that. Aaron Rodgers because the weapons around him are playing really well and that helps elevate him. Daniel Jones played well this past week and gets a great matchup against the Panthers if you need a streaming option next week. Ray Davis still playing the secondary role, but he is an injury away and maybe carving out some standalone value of his own. Same thing with Tyler Aljier, Kamani Vedell, Trey Benson. All of these guys are an injury away from being every week starter. So they are the type of running backs I like to have on my bench. CenTra Tillman needs to be picked up police. He should not still be out there. Xavierly Get I know Lakwan was talking him up earlier. I like him a lot as well, Jerry Judy, Damario Douglas, Elijah Moore because volume is what we care about. Ray Ray McLeod just in case Drake London cannot suit up next week and then Hunter Henry so much volume from the tight end position. Jatavian Sanders continues to see more volume. Agree with Lakwan that if t Higgins is out, Mike is Secki is in play. If Higgins plays get away from him, and then Deil Johnson getting more volume and has a good matchup next week against the Panthers, so he's in play.
Speaker 1: If you need a tight end streamer, Yeah, I'm in the I had Theo Johnson kind of as a deep sleeper this year, and maybe maybe if Daniel Jones is starting to come around, he become a little bit more of a thing. Lak. I'm honest about Drake May though, because I get the Patriots sort of waited, right they let Jakobe Brissett start the season out, then they made the switch and win or lose. This offense is better with Drake May. And even in fantasy there's a little bit of something there.
Speaker 3: It seems like, yeah, it's crazy because you see flashes of Josh Allen, Like, I don't want to make the comparison just strictly based on stats. It's the little nuances, the little mannerisms that he has in that pocket. When you see him in that pocket for eleven seconds trying to find his man. Josh Allen does this every single week, even earlier in his career when we were watching the development of him taking that leap. There's some little things that he does that Drake May is on display right now and making this offense a lot better. The Patriots haven't had a guy really mobile out of the pocket like a Drake May, and he's able to scan the entire field make the and more so, you're looking at this old line. He can't really trust it yet. I think that last pick that he threw is because he rushed it. But honestly, you give him more weapons around him. He has a bright future in fantasy moving forward.
Speaker 1: I mean did not begin the year as the starter, but right now is actually twelve among quarterbacks and rushing yards. Had ninety five rushing yards on Sunday against the Titans. He kind of is what we want from a fantasy quarterback right now. Still a lot of development. They still need some help at the skill position, guys, but you're starting to see what the Patriots like about Drake May the next Josh Allen. Do you like that though, since he's in your division.
Speaker 2: I don't like it for the Bills. I love it for Drake May and fantasy purposes. Like there's gonna be a lot of growing pains, but the flashes that he shows, I'm fully on board with Drake May.
Speaker 1: That works, all right, Let's do some fantasy mulligans, some guys that we want to do over on. Maybe it's for this week, maybe it's for the season. Find it however you like. But uh, Lukwan, who would you like to maybe get another chance at Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: I mean, his ADP is starting to make a lot more sense for was in the summer, because man, if I would have known that the Cowboys had more storylines than the WWE right now and none of them are good, I would have stayed away, man, because every single week it's something else, and you're having CD go out there playing her. I don't think he's going to be very useful to Dak playing her, and if he's out so, Dak Prescott honestly doesn't have that many weapons outside of CD land that he could depend on other than Jake Fergie. But he's a tight end. He's always going to be the security blanket. But more so, I wish I could just take back as many shares as I had over the summer of Dak Prescott as my QB one, because now I'm shifting with Winston, I'm shifting with quarterbacks like Garner Minshew. I really wish that I didn't take as many shares as I did with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys storylines right now.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, the Cowboy's kind of a hot mess right now, but it's great, I guess for sports talk radio, especially in the Metro area for sure. Yeah. For who do you want to do over on.
Speaker 2: Zay Flowers because I was an absolute idiot for doubting he and the Ravens this past week. I had him as a sit in stardom, sit him, and boy did that not work out. The Broncos secondary got cooked like we have not seen before. Like on this play you see right here, I'm like, all right, it was it was one catch and run like that could be had or whatever, but then it just kept going and it kept going, and it was a lot of we saw some poor tackling, like on this play right here. I don't know how Jay Flowers gets by four white jerseys, but he did. I have to take that l I will no longer ever doubt Lamar or this Ravens offense or any of it outside of maybe Deontay Johnson, who I'm going to tell you to sit again next week. But besides that, yeah, start all your Ravens. And I'm sorry if I told you to sit Zave Flowers.
Speaker 1: It turns out Vance Joseph sort of brought this on himself. He said, we're gonna try to focus on stopping the run and we're going to force them to beat us through the air, and Lamar Jackson did that. Mine sort of goes for both the week and the season, and we talked about it a little bit earlier in the show. But it's the Colts Man. Whether it was us, you know, getting really hyped about Anthony Richardson, whether it was us getting excited about Michael Pittman, whether it's us hoping that a change to Joe Flacco would turn things around this week and it didn't. I feel like I've been had by the Indianapolis Colts this season. I mean it has just been bad, frustrating, call it whatever you want. It's been un good by any stretch of the imagination. And right now there's just really no telling where they go from here. Do they try to go back to Richardson after just yanking the job away from him? Do they stay with Flacco after he was completely ineffective against granted, a good Minnesota defense, but it looked bad on Sunday Night football. Jonavan Taylor has been just sort of there for a good chunk of the season, Like, yeah, he's had some night games, but you look around and he's Number twenty four among running backs Right now, it just hasn't worked out at all. I don't think we were expecting them to be some sort of juggernaut offense. We were going to confuse them, you know, with the Lions or the Eagles or somebody like that. But man, it was supposed to be a lot better than it curly is right now. I wish I could try that one over again for sure. All right, let's end on a positive note, though, shall we. Now let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week. We talked about Saquon Barkley and his superhuman feats of agility on the field. Not only were we amazed, AJ Brown was just I mean, he's like one of us, right, Like, he's just one of us. I mean, I don't look, I have never seen anything like this on a football field.
Speaker 3: I don't like, I'm just still amazed. I watched this at least five hundred times. What the one takeaway I had was that everybody in the Giants front office needs to go on a permanent vacation because there's nothing that can do that isn't this impressive ever on the field.
Speaker 2: Just watch it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Like how how does he do this? So when's the last time you think John Marra slept Floya. He say he's gonna he's not gonna sleep well if he goes to the Eagles. John Mayra hasn't slept since like July.
Speaker 2: Probably he's been just standing in that same office just like he was the off season Hard Knocks ever since that day in March. Like aj Brown is one of the most physically gifted humans on the planet, and he was mind blown watching this plane Like that just puts it into perspective. How great of a a play and an effort it was from Saquon Barkley. Look at this. That means you look, you watched for the next ten years and you won't see this happen again. A reverse hurdle.
Speaker 1: Wow, how does number twenty two feel because he's going to be in that highlight for the end of time. Like that's how highlight's gonna get played forever, and number twenty two is gonna be seen ducking under sat one Barkley missing a tackle.
Speaker 2: It's like when Josh Norman got thrown to another planet by Derrick Henry, Like that's what you become known.
Speaker 1: Four stiff armed into the Shadow Realm by Derrick henry Man. I guess, speaking of the Shadows, we should probably retreat there at least for a little while, so right nearly meantime. That is it. We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Do you know the drill? Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember the worst part about becoming a zombie is all the walking you have to do. Be safe, take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you tomorrow.