Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I am Kate Hudson and my name is Oliver Hudson.
Speaker 3: We wanted to do something that highlighted our.
Speaker 2: Relationship and what it's like to be siblings. We are a sibling. Raivalry.
Speaker 3: No, no, sibling. You don't do that with your mouth.
Speaker 2: Revelry.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I worked with Abs that's what they call her because I don't have any apps. On Scream Queens. That was quite set, quite the set. Yeah, I was the old man on that set. You were with Jamie Jamie Lee. But it was a bunch of young ands and me and Jamie Lee. You know, I tried to be cool and young and hip and it didn't work. So I just stayed in my place in the New Orleans. Didn't didn't integrate very well. Now anyway, let's bring them in there. They've been waiting in the waiting.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how are you guys.
Speaker 4: We're we're doing good.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just jump right right in. Okay, So where were you guys? Born?
Speaker 1: New York? Yeah, you're like New York City? Any hospital?
Speaker 2: Yeah I was, but yeah, oh you were.
Speaker 4: And I always think about it because in friends, like when Phoebe gives birth and friends. That like kind of roundish building. That's where I was born in. Yeah, that My mom really went to all the different hospitals for all three of us.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I say, there's another sibling, yes, yes, Wait what's your other siblings name?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 3: How old is Ryan?
Speaker 2: He just turned forty, just turned forty two days ago, So yeah, what's the order here.
Speaker 1: Ryan, I'm in the middle.
Speaker 2: Spec he's the youngest baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god. And she was a little baby when we worked together, and she was you were so cute and it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Almost forty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oliver, when we worked together, I was like nineteen.
Speaker 2: I know, that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Was that ten years ago?
Speaker 1: Years ago? Not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't even It's insane.
Speaker 1: And raising Helen was twenty two years ago.
Speaker 3: Twenty two years ago, pretty nuts?
Speaker 2: Was like, what was what was it like growing up in the city? I mean, were you allowed the freedom to roam and explore or was it strict or.
Speaker 3: Odd?
Speaker 1: I mean, I I don't know, I guess about the I don't know. It was just what do you.
Speaker 4: Think we have like a kind of like a block radius of where we could.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean when I when I turned like thirteen fourteen, I started going off on my own doing stuff and you know, hanging out with friends and playing in bands and stuff like that. But before that, you know, we weren't like just like wandering around the city like totally unaccompanied.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That didn't happen until I was like sixteen seventeen when I started doing that. But yeah, but what I liked about growing up in New York I was younger.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a boy, so I got the game earlier.
Speaker 4: It's not safe for the women exactly, yeah, exactly, wilderness.
Speaker 1: I was able to offend for myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was more so. But we were also because we were acting. We were traveling so much, so we weren't really in New York for massive amounts of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the road affair amount, Yeah, like a lot in La.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Spencer, weren't you already working like when you were little doing didn't you?
Speaker 1: I started doing like commercials and stuff when I was three? Yeah, I agree, And I started off. My first one was a My first two were like a Life cerial commercial and a McDonald's commercial with Charles Barkley. Uh. And then yeah, then it just kind of went from there.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 4: I thought it was burking for some reason.
Speaker 1: Why I was trying to it was a Mickey D's commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, so this was obviously I mean, you're three years old, who You're not making many life choices. Did your parents sort of say, look, we're going to get you guys into commercials and get you into that.
Speaker 1: So there the origin story or whatever was uh uh. It's I always laugh at this now because it seems like so weird now as an adult. But when when I was like in that eight when I was like three, for there was just like indoor playground in Manhattan that I used to go to. And it's funny now they used to send like talent scouts out to like the playgrounds to be like, oh, cute kid, really weird kind of like, oh the kid's really adorable, like.
Speaker 4: You just like somebody goes up to like the Karen and it's like, I think your child is beautiful.
Speaker 2: So now yeah, it's you're pretty hot kid.
Speaker 1: No, so it's uh yeah, So then I started doing commercials. Uh just I I had a good time doing them, I guess, and then kind of kind of kind of yeah, where I was discovered.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but Ryan, Ryan didn't have didn't have what it took.
Speaker 1: Huh, just zero interest, zero interest. He doesn't want to be in front of the camera. I think he did do like a cameo in Raising Helen. I think him and his buddies.
Speaker 4: Oh uh yeah, when we're like we were supposed.
Speaker 1: To they were supposed to play like I think like CD kids in a playground or something like that, like the like The Bad Element or whatever.
Speaker 3: God, because Gary don't even remember that.
Speaker 1: Well Gary, like anyone you showed up to set, Gary would just be like, oh, you want to do a part in the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Remember when he I'll never forget when you were ordering the drink when he was just yelling out five hundred million different drinks. Yeahore telling you that was my favorite, telling me when to Singapore Sling.
Speaker 4: I always because I did a movie with Gary. Also, after I've aught we both did Princess Diary's too. Yeah, after Raising Helen, and then I did New Year's Eve with Curry and I'll never forget he called my mom uh before because in New Year's Eve, I was like fourteen years old and it's like we have me and this other boy that was in the movie We have a kiss, you know, and he said to my mom like, I don't want to be lude heard. He was the best, the best, He was the best. That's such a fun movie because we did a lot in l a and we did a lot in New York. And I remember, Kate, you like were so cool because when we wrapped, I was very sick that day.
Speaker 1: I was starving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, speaking everywhere. But you took Spencer to Swartz and I remember being like, I didn't care that I was sick because I wasn't doing a good job in the film. Was six years old. I because I was like, damn was going to.
Speaker 1: Kate?
Speaker 2: Kate, you took Spencer to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: It was just the two of you.
Speaker 3: Well like it was well, who else was with us?
Speaker 4: No, it was I think my mom was.
Speaker 1: There and there was someone else who.
Speaker 3: Was there and like my assistant or I remember, yeah, I think so it's just a couple of us.
Speaker 1: I remember when Abby was all sick and Gary came up to the room. It was like, have you tried like saltine crackers?
Speaker 3: Abigail, I'll take you to fish once again.
Speaker 4: I didn't down now, but can American girl doll store exactly?
Speaker 3: I remember, this is such a great There's this scene where I'm teaching her. I'm teaching her how to or she's just trying to tie her shoes and I come into the room and she's just like, you know, crying because the last time she was learning how to tire shoes was with her mom. And I, oh my god, I could not get through this scene. Abigail could make herself crush. I mean, she is so years old, she's Wannie's age, crazy and she you are accessing something that was so like pure and incredible, and everybody was just like, oh my god. It was just heart wrenching. I'll never forget it. You're sitting in that little.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Actually, this is interesting because that's six years old. I don't know. I'm sure you have recollection of it, but how are you able to do that? Meaning even you and then moving into sort of other children watching some of these kids being able to access emotion and make it so real. You know, how do you remember how you did that where you went at six to be able to do that or were you just so in the moment of what the scene was.
Speaker 4: No, I think there's something wrong with me. I think I try to work through this in therapy from time to time. I don't really you know why, I no, I think.
Speaker 3: Like, uh uh, I I don't really.
Speaker 4: I see it as a lot of like a mechanical thing. I can make myself cry very easily. It's really great, like in terms of in my real life, like I can manipulate my husband really well. I would cry to my dad about getting things. No, I'm kidding, but I'm not so. I don't know. I don't know. I think I was always just it's my party trick. I can. I can cry very yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and break your heart. Now you're not just crying. It was just like it was like heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: Now the older I got, the older I got, the more I, you know, would actually think about it. But my mom could just say something to me, like you need to apologize to your brother, and I would I didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to say sorry, yeah, fair enough. Yeah. It's like the hardest thing for me in the world to do. I feel like it's like anytime I need to do any type of scene where I'm crying, I need like an hour to like figure out like a game plan how to do it. It's like so difficult, so.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, well that you can do it, Like I'm kind of with you. I mean I for me, it's like right before you know, he's getting ready, they're gonna roll camera, and I'm like feeling like I'm fucking I'm so money right now, like like the Emmys are gonna be stacked up on my shelf. And then action, I'm like, it's gone, yeah, there it goes.
Speaker 4: It's like when you have a sneeze and you can't get it out right away, so it's like and then it's just gone.
Speaker 2: Forever, right, And then half of the scene, I'm like, God, damn it, you fucked you had it.
Speaker 1: Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Speaker 4: You really cry very well as well. It really is.
Speaker 3: I think men have a harder time accessing emotion than women do. Like we we are sort of almost like hardwired to be more connected to our emotional you know.
Speaker 2: I wonder from an evolutionary standpoint, like what that is? You know what I mean? From a primal place.
Speaker 3: There's a book called a Female Brain, and it's really fascinating because it talks about that Ryan's a lot older than you, guys then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven years old. I'm turning thirty three in a few days and Ryan is Yeah, so he's about exactly seven years older than me. He's eleven years older than Abby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And how was that dynamic sort of growing up as far as the sibling relationships went, you know, because he was sort of gone, you know, if he's seven years older, well he's seven years old, right.
Speaker 1: No, he I mean it was probably a different dynamic because we weren't so close in age. Yeah, I know, like Ryan and I became a lot closer as buddies, like when I towards the end of high school for me, when he was Yeah, so yeah, we became like a lot better pals end, just because you don't like if someone's you know, seventeen and ten, that's such a huge aage gap, but you know when it's you know, twenty and twenty seven, it's kind of not that big a deal, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ryan and I became really closer around the same time, Like when I was around seventeen eighteen, we became a lot closer, but Sensor and I were because we're only four years apart, so we grew up. But the difference is like I didn't really get into any fights or you know, like sibling issues with Ryan because he was in college and was in and out and Spencer and I would more it.
Speaker 1: Also would be pretty weird for like a college kid to be like picking fights with like a seven year old. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty But it sounds like all of y'all got closer as you went as you got older.
Speaker 4: Probably probably yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say.
Speaker 1: We're all we're all pretty tight knit.
Speaker 4: Did you guys grow up very close together?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were all I mean like physically. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well you guys if you started so young, was raising hell in like the first time you guys worked together?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then and then that was still like kind of in the beginning, right, I mean that was my second movie, right.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'd already been doing it, I guess for I don't know, I've been doing it for a while, I guess at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean so I guess not that long, I guess. Yeah, I mean I was ten years old, so yeah, those are a long three years. Yeah, exactly right, No, Yeah, but yeah, that was the first time we worked together at all.
Speaker 3: What did it feel like, like, I mean, I'm trying to think if we've interviewed like child actors, but you know, notoriously.
Speaker 2: Sibling like sibling child actor. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it's a difficult. It's difficult anyway, but then you add like your childhood, and then you add that you guys are growing up together. You guys are going out for different jobs, some people are maybe one is working more than the other. Like did it create a challenging dynamic for you guys?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was really hard when he didn't get a little in the sunshine and eye got it.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably. I think the reason that there wasn't like a weird dynamic or like any type of competitive dynamic was like we're totally different, Like I'm I'm a guy. She's like like we were never like kind of going out for similar things. So there was never this like competitive thing as much as oh, like cool, you're doing this, you're doing that. Great. We kind of had our own thing, like yeah, we chattered, we chat our own thing or whatever.
Speaker 2: If that means did you like being on set? I mean, was it something you guys loved? Was it you know, as a child actor, obviously there's challenges. It's an adult world. Do you get thrown into you know, you can get fucked up? You know, yeah, how did you guys deal with all that?
Speaker 1: I like being on set. I always enjoyed it. I never had like I know a lot of people like who maybe didn't you know, you hear about people like, oh, I grew up a child actor and I hated it and I resented and that's here, that's like their own experience. For me, I've I've always enjoyed it, and I've never felt like, oh, like I missed out on so much from being that or this or that. Like I enjoyed being on set.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of that too comes from, like, you know, the fact that we weren't ever we had options, like if we didn't want to do it, our parents weren't going to be like oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We weren't like supporting the family got it.
Speaker 4: So it wasn't like that immense amount of pressure. But I mean we always I always at least had a lot of fun on set. I don't think it was until I was like twelve or thirteen when I did this one movie where I really started liking acting in terms instead of just loving being on set, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I just remember also Spencer was a very like as a kid, you know, he knew what he wanted. He was like a little man. He had very very like specific opinions. And oh god, god, you were so you guys were so cute. It's like, it's so this is so fun for me because I like really knew you as kids, ye know, and and your nature, both of you, your family, your whole family is so sweet. And then we had Hayden. Uh yeah, you also worked with Nashville so and she was just like ready to be an adult. I mean it was like you had the teenage girl and then you had these like two that was like ready to be an adult, ready to go, ready to party, and then you had these like adoor. I got so lucky with all three of you guys.
Speaker 2: Was that was that Owen Wilson.
Speaker 3: Movie, No No Raising? Helen Joan Cuzac, John Corbett.
Speaker 2: John Corbett did a little part.
Speaker 3: Of Paris Hilton, remember that at the at the at the restaurant. So did you feel like you had a normal childhood because I mean, from my point of view, it wasn't that normal.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 4: I mean I think as normal is it couldn't.
Speaker 3: Did you go to actual school or were you homeschooled? We were homeschool yeah, all three of you.
Speaker 1: Ryan two, Ryan too, Ryan too. Yeah. Homeschooling predates any like involvement in showbiz or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That was more so because my dad had just started up his business.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they were doing their own thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I know for me, like when I was around fourteen, I did get into a weird thing of like getting really obsessed with booking roles all the time. And that stemmed from one article that I I read online when I had I was thirteen years old and I had done a play in New York on Broadway, The Miracle Worker, and when the show closed, somebody, I mean, who writes is about a thirteen year old child that they're like Abigail Breslin star power is waning after the closing. Oh no, for reading that online and not knowing at thirteen even what the word waning meant and googling it and being like, oh god, I have to book rules like right now or else I'm completely And my parents had noticed that I was getting very you know, stressed about looking things, so they made me take about a year and a half to two years off to just be with my friends. Oh well, and at first I was like, I hate you, You're the worst. I think it was very important that I, you know, took that time to so that that my dad said it to me, was like, how can you play a teenager if you don't know what it's like?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's that's amazing honestly that your mom saw that and did that, you know. Yeah, really it's so easy to say not just keep going, keep chugging it out, like yeah, but it's like no, no, no, you need to be a fucking kid, you know, child.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think that's why. But I don't I don't really know anybody who's had a normal childhood.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone in the world. Yeah, I don't know. I'm sure normal believe it is.
Speaker 1: I always I always say there's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I'm in the in the when when you're talking, I mean in the sense of like having the structure of what most kids are doing on a daily basis, Like you wake up, you go to school, you have your after school activities. You know their experience, right, you play the clarinet.
Speaker 1: I mean I know kids though, who are like in like really serious like athletics throughout school and high school, and I feel like their life was more crazy than uh yeah, the mine wasn't like much more regimented and all about you know, work for and for them that could be baseball, footbar, swimming or whatever. So I think it's all you know, yeah, it's all it's all.
Speaker 3: It's all relative relative, Yeah, except that you're working mostly with adults, correct, Yeah, so you're not in an environment where you're actually socializing with people your own age and peers, which is a really that's why, you know, when when people look at the history of child actors, it's like that peer development is really important. So when you don't have it, I thank god you guys had each other in your you know, homeschooling and together had you there's three of you, but you know, did you did she put did did your parents put you in any like after school activities and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Or little league? Like we had swimming, we had gym class for uh like the like we were part of like kind of like a like a homeschooling group, I guess in New York. So there was we were in a cult.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: We were in a cult. But no, and like you get together and do gym classes. I honestly think living in New York helped the social aspect because there I we weren't around like other kids as much in the business. So it'sn't like going to the playground being like, oh, who are you repped by?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was kind of like nonet really care. It was I had my friends from Little League, she had her friends from swim class, and it was kind of very non like when we weren't working on a movie. It was very much like a non show biz kind of house.
Speaker 2: What was the recognition factor, like though you know, well you guys recognized as kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I had more creepy experiences, yeah that where like would come up and literally physically pick me up, like please put down my child, like you don't grab my child and name be like I love it, and I would cry about like little miss charge And it's when you're you know, nine years old, that's in the very overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had someone, I had someone ask me for an autograph while I was standing like at a urinal at out back steakhouse, and I was like, you can you wait until my hand.
Speaker 2: Praps you just pee on them?
Speaker 3: Like what about the teenagers?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 3: Were you ever rebellious?
Speaker 1: I was?
Speaker 3: I was quite tell us Spencer, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I heard you're a year and a half sober.
Speaker 1: I am a year and a half sober.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I guess I liked alcohol, uh and maybe I liked it a little bit too much and uh yeah, so I you know, but I've I've had my ups and downs. I guess with that. I don't know related to show business or not. I think it's just because I like drinking. So yeah.
Speaker 2: But but but if you're okay talking about it, I don't care. What was What was the moment where you're like, you know what I says, I like this too much? You know what I'm saying, Like I need to I need to get rid of this in my life entirely. And I'm I'm semi it's semi relatable because I'm on a bit of a sober kick, because for sure, Kate knows, like, you know, I just felt like I was just drinking too much alcohol, you know what I mean. I I was still living my life and functioning and being a dad and yeah, husband and working and all that, but it was just taking its toll and I couldn't go have a martini. I'd have like ten.
Speaker 1: That's that's the whole thing. I think for me, it's kind of like the old the old saying or whatever. Ones too many, ten isn't enough. I just I kind of I lost, like all my motivation. I was pretty much like waking up to go out and drink with people all day. And you know, I think a lot of my friends have it. Like a lot of the people that I liked being around kind of stopped liking being around me because I was kind of like just a drunk and like there was no kind of like humping the brakes ever. It was kind of just one hundred percent go, go go, and you got in the cycle of yeah, just kind of like a really nasty cycle. And I was like, you know, I really need to stop this because this is, you know, getting dangerous and I'm not really living a life.
Speaker 3: So what was then, What's been the most surprising part of your sobriety so far?
Speaker 1: I was really afraid of how am I okay, how am I going to be social with people. If I'm not drinking or doing something else, am I gonna, you know, get along with people? How am I going to talk to people? Everyone's going to realize I suck or I'm not funny or this and that, and I might I'm still not funny for sure, But.
Speaker 3: Are you funny?
Speaker 2: Though you were funny and then you subjecting, Now you're not funny anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, it's just but it didn't work out that way. And actually my life's gotten a lot better. I've gotten a lot healthier. I don't need to wake up and think like, oh, I really hope I wasn't a dick to someone last night, or you know, was I rude to someone or did I say something nasty or you know, it's you know, and and I like actually show up to stuff like, yeah, show up to like I'm not just like blowing stuff off or forgetting to do.
Speaker 2: And the energy I'm sure your energy level is are like through the roof compared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I'm like, I wake up like it's seven thirty in the morning, I still like do my things. Oh I used to take like two o'clock and wake up over and miserable and it would take three four hours to just get in a groove.
Speaker 4: It's it's so it's been so strange to see him in this way, because you know, everybody has their issues whatever. He's my big brother, and I've been so like proud of him. Not to be cheesy, I haven't proud of him, because it's it's really like I think whenever somebody goes through something like that, it's like, oh, I have like my my brother back like to being the person they normally, you know, know him to be. And he's just been like such a badass like in his journey with that, and we're very proud of him.
Speaker 3: But I love hearing this so much. Spencer, do you feel like your mental clarity is like a completely different Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: We were talking to this doctor Amon who's like a psychiatrist and he's on Instagram lized a very popular psychiatrist, and but he was saying, like drinking just alcohol is just absolutely awful for the brain. Like it just when you actually see what it does to your brain function, it makes people just be like, h I'm not gonna do and and and do that anymore. And the first thing that people really realize when they stopped drinking in those first like you know, weeks, is like it literally it's almost like their whole brain works differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I I was towards the end of my drinking. I was, I was drinking about like two bottles of vodka day. Oh my god, when you cut that out, there's gonna be like a boost in Uh it's just because you're basically in a coma when you're drinking that much.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like the first couple of months, I mean, i'd say in the first like six months to a year, it's definitely tricky figuring out how to fall asleep. That was the thing, because and then realizing what sleep actually is as opposed to passing out. And uh yeah, and like a roller coaster of emotions. Obviously, I'm feeling stuff all the time because you've been you know whatever.
Speaker 3: I think that some of this started to get worse after you lost your your father, because I know, and I'm so sorry to hear that, thank you. Yeah, I've thought about that.
Speaker 1: And I was actually talking with in in a meeting I go to for my sobriety. I was talking about this with someone because you kind of you'll think like, oh, I wonder if this was the reason I drank more, what was the tipping point? This and that? And I would go crazy trying to figure it out. And then I realized, like, okay, I think what it is is like I'm an alcoholic and it's just what it is, and I will you know, I can say, oh, my dad died, I'm going to get drunk, and I did. I could say, Oh, I booked a movie. I'm going to go celebrate and get drunk. Oh I got fired from this job. I'm going to get drunk. Oh I really great happened. I'm going to get the key part being I'm going to get drunk.
Speaker 3: I'm being going to be cheesy too. I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But now we go like dealing with that and then we'll move on. But like, I'm just curious, as his sister, how do you approach that? You know? I mean, do you say you need to get your shit together you're a fucking alcoholic, or you have to tread lightly? You have to tread lightly?
Speaker 4: Well, may I say, go do so whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: Remember at one point when he had come to visit me, at one point on a set of a film that I was doing and saying to my mom, like, I knew he was drunk when he came to visit me on the set, and I was like, I'm concerned because it's lunchtime on set, which was like, you know whatever time it was two pm, and I said, and it's just I you know, it was not so much that he was hard to be around. It was more so that I was worried for him. And then he was the one, though, who came and said, you know, I gotta I gotta sober up and I gotta get control of this. And I felt an immense amount of relief in that moment of Like I remember, I was with my best friend tailor, and I started crying and I said, oh my gosh, he's gonna, you know, be healthy, because yeah, I mean, it's it's hard, but I've also known so many people who have addiction, and it's not always you know, people like to make it this really dark, super scary thing, and there are different levels to it. But I think him taking accountability and doing what he needed to do to feel better has been awesome for him and awesome for everybody that knows and loves him because he's he's doing so well now and we're super happy. Not that he was. It wasn't like he was you know, right cars into you know, telephone pools or anything. But you know it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty high functioning, but not not really functioning at all. It was all kind of a house of cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, and there's probably so many it's dodged during you know what I mean, like a billion of them. Just it could have been this. It could have been that, you could be jail, you call one hundred person, could have killed someone in a car. I mean like all that hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Very very lucky, Yeah, very grateful that my life is so good right now.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got married. You're a married, married lady. Now do you have kids yet or no?
Speaker 4: I have my two fur babies, but one that house far and then my other cat, Yoda, who's in the other room sulking. He's a hairless cat. But you know, that's on the that's on the horizon. I have my mother in law and my own mother, you know, asking me every day when I know.
Speaker 3: Of course, everyone once they're all ready, they're like ready to get to just get their hands on a baby.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, but I'm I'm starting. I've just been starting to get that because there were a couple of years where I was like, maybe I'm just not the type of person who's going to have kids, you know what I mean. And only in the past year or so I've been like, like, my friend had a baby and I'm like, oh God, and this sounds but like, I want to eat you. I can't. You know, when babies are so cute you want to.
Speaker 2: Consume them, like bite their faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about to go, like your legs swallow a baby hole. In an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: I was going to get my hands on that baby legs, the little like ringing legs, and I'm like, oh, I want to kill you. So I've been definitely starting to get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what have you been working on recently?
Speaker 4: I did this movie with my friend Tyler Shields called Chapter fifty one. That's really cool. It's like the Zones on Imax. It's very very, very cool, excited, and I play an actress in it. So that's really out of my wheel.
Speaker 3: Hume couldn't relate to it at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I've been working on my album and he does music, and.
Speaker 3: Yes, when did you? When did you guys get into music?
Speaker 1: I mean, we we grew in a house that appreciated music a lot. So I mean I started playing in like dumb bands and stuff like that when I was like thirteen, and then you know, playing around the city and then you know, kind of just like little punk bands. Don't get mad at me.
Speaker 4: But he was in a band when he was like, wortn't called not quite Dead yet?
Speaker 3: Was it metal?
Speaker 1: We were? Yeah, we were, we were. I think the band had an identity crisis what kind of music we were playing, because we'd play, you know, one day, you know, we're a bunch of thirteen fourteen year old boys, so one day someone'd be like, oh, play System of a Down. Oh let's do this, like a lot of covers and then a couple of original songs that I hope I've improved somewhat a lyricist and writer and all that since then, But maybe not.
Speaker 2: I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of I don't know. System of a Down is a great start. Oh no, System of ADAD you're on you're on an upward trajectory.
Speaker 1: The System of a Down was great. I'm talking about our stuff. We wrote kind of something. All the covers we played were we had great taste in music, just like our execution for our own stuff was not the best.
Speaker 4: Into his room and he would be on garage band and he'd be like, ah, I need you to like bang your hair brush against like the ladder for the bunk bed. And I was like, wow, I am a musician.
Speaker 2: Right like I made it like I am a recording artist, but not quite down yet. It yeah, fucking genius for thirteen year olds.
Speaker 1: I mean exactly because we're literally not yet.
Speaker 2: It's a genius name.
Speaker 1: Really, we're really tough.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when are you planning on? I mean, how far along are you with your album?
Speaker 4: It's basically done. I'm just I have some used to go on Spotify right now, but I don't go under my name. I go under my artist's name, which is Sophomore, and it's like very you know, singer songwriter pop.
Speaker 1: It's good fun, it's good stuff.
Speaker 4: It's it's fun, it's fun, and you do such great music. Thanks amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just I love hearing that you guys are doing this. I'm going to get off and listen immediately. I'm mad that I didn't, but I uh to do Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know beyond like I usually do my research.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you have not.
Speaker 1: I'm mad you don't like celebrate the entire and not quite dead yet.
Speaker 3: Yes I should know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to bring back that band. Go find your old buddies and make it happen.
Speaker 1: We have a residency at the Sphere coming.
Speaker 3: Okay, so guys, we always end our podcast with a two part question. The first part is, you know, what is it about your sibling that you wish you had more of, something that you would love to be able to emulate. And then what is the one thing about your sibling or one thing about your sibling that you wish you could alleviate that you could, you know, kind of remove from them so that they could have a better life experience.
Speaker 4: I would say I wish I had sensors Resillliams. He's a very resilient person and he really shows up all the time and it has a really strong sense of like responsibility that I really admire. And the one thing I wish I could take away from him is I just and I think this is true for like everybody, but I wish that he like saw what everybody else sees in him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, I was gonna just like do like a snarky joke, like, oh I wish I could cry on cue.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know, Abby's Abby's a great uh great at bringing people together and like just like always like hosting like good parties or like always like just figuring out the right combination of people to have around. I mean, I have great friends too, but but like she's very good at just like getting cool groups of people together.
Speaker 4: Really that's very high com And then I.
Speaker 1: Would say, maybe, uh, I wish she could be on time to dinner a bit. If the reservations at seven fifteen, I'm ordering it, I'm ordering a quarter to eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: But I said the same thing I said, I wish that I was more on time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say one thing to Oliver because nobody remembers this from screen queens, and I really hope that you do. Do you remember that scene where you have to say the word macob.
Speaker 2: Yeah of course I could not. Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't imagine that in my head, right, No, no, I couldn't get it out. It was macabre. McKay bro was like I can't get it. It's like it's mccob. I'm like, but there's an R. I could not get.
Speaker 1: It and not saying macab on Q, cannot cry on Q.
Speaker 2: So remember my cob because it's m A c A b r E. I think it's how.
Speaker 1: You spell it, the name of an Irish cop.
Speaker 2: And it just fucked me up. And I could And you know when you you you're coming to that word in your dialogue and you're like, ohh here it comes, here, it comes.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a fuck, the one that broke you.
Speaker 4: I didn't imagine that in my mind.
Speaker 2: Thanks, that's real. That's real, you guys. I love saying so.
Speaker 3: Much, coming on and sharing everything.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, and congratus on your sobriety body. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Yes, love you love you guys.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy how big I mean, I mean you you know, because you haven't seen since they were little, little little. I mean I saw Abigail. I mean, I can't believe this ten years ago.
Speaker 3: It's almost too much. It's like they're real adults, like you got.
Speaker 2: There's so much older there, adults. An adults is a woman, you know.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. That was great. I loved it all right. Bye bye ah