Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Brooken Boys Podcast. Slice time for episode three oh two of The Brooken Voice Podcast. Hello David Brody.
Speaker 4: Hello, Scary Jones. Your mic sounds a little timmy.
Speaker 2: It may sound like that to you, but deal with it because it sounds like butta to the audience.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, all right, I hope, so I promise slices if he sounds like crap, remember I said it first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be really weird if it sounded like shit.
Speaker 4: Uh huh. But uh, let's let's pretend. Let's pretend it doesn't because it does.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I like what you said. It sounds like butta and then you made a commentation.
Speaker 2: You're making me think. You're making me think twice about it. Now.
Speaker 4: No, now it sounds better. All right, Okay, it may it may have regulated, but at the beginning it sounded very hollow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm really really promises, really worried now because it's coming through my headphones. Awesome, So all right, it sounds fine now, okay, perfect, awesome. Thanks.
Speaker 4: It may have been when the music was playing. There may have been a problem with your forty nine million dollars sounds. So you're giving me a complex, Brody, We're only about it. I'm like giving you duplex or simplex.
Speaker 2: That's very true. Hyo. Yeah, we get some calls to play, let's do this. Yeah, it's slice time. This is the Companion podcast.
Speaker 4: Why don't you explain it to people who've never heard this before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there are people that are just clicking this button, like, what is this is what the Brooklyn Boys are No, this is a reaction to what the Brooklyn Boys are. See, this is this is now af you. If you listen to the radio onion h if you listen to the right radio app, you have that little microphone there you could press but button there and you can leave comments and feedback for things that we've done on previous episodes.
Speaker 4: So this is like Talking Dead after the Walking Dead days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except you're in control. This is all about the audience. This is about the slices, not us. We're just here to just review them and listen.
Speaker 4: And listen to your fun, energetic positive comments. Yeah, and questions and thoughts and likes.
Speaker 5: Y O.
Speaker 4: If this was nineteen eighty seven, this is us coming home from a long vacation and pressing the button on the answering machine and listening standing there in the kitchen, listening to the answering machine messages about all the people that called and commented on right whatever.
Speaker 2: This was from episode three oh one, A service dog in a bikini. So we're gonna get yeah, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Brooklyn Boys dot bigcartail dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys, Big Cartail dot com. That is where I went today to score my episode three hundred TikTok. Thank you so much, guys for having all the sizes in stock. I was able to get something to fit my lovely bombs all up into. So I'm happy about that. You guys can guess it up if you want.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 6: It'll be fun and I look forward to it. And no fighting over how it's packaged, guys, Okay, fuckedill much.
Speaker 4: Love all right, she says, don't argue over how it's packaged. What exactly is she talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think she her tank top, yeah, our package yeah yeah. And so she reminds us here that there's just a couple of days left if you're listening to this now before before the weekend. Here July thirty first.
Speaker 4: Is the cutof we extended it. We extended it. Yeah, July thirty first is the cutoff here today eleven pm. Yeah, so get your orders in before then at Brooklynboys dot bigcartail dot com to get your commenmorative three hundredth episode t shirt or hoodie or tank.
Speaker 2: All right, and we'll sign.
Speaker 4: It that that that's Brooklyn Boys, Big Cartel.
Speaker 2: That's right. We will personally autograph it, all right.
Speaker 7: Reggie here, Well, my name wasn't used in the anniversary episode at the sorry with the montage of names, so I'm gonna have to try harder. Do you guys have any suggestions for cheap fun things to do in the summer, Like I'm looking for, like you know, like black light tours of hotels, like anything in town?
Speaker 2: Okay, the black light tours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about the ones that with the windjammer motor in Brooklyn, remember that one. She's looking for other fun things to do? Oh, why don't you Why don't you know what? You could play count the rats on the seven train could do that, okay, but the black light No, she wants more black light tours. I'll give her a list of hotels to do, she said. I want to do fun things like the hotel black light tour. She wants other things to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I could I can't attention to the girl, all right, but if she's not done with her black light tour. You know this like the Q motor in que Gardens.
Speaker 4: Queens scariest advice though, always scan the curtains because that's where everybody wipes them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hotel curtains are probably the filthiest thing in the room because they never get washed, cleaned, taken down no people, and people wipe their all. Right, let's go all over it.
Speaker 4: Yet mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Reggie here, I've never tried to use a jurnal. I've drank from it. No, that was about it. I've I've tasted that little hockey puck.
Speaker 8: Okay, bottom stop didn't taste good.
Speaker 2: Great, Reggie's Regie's now the reason why one hundred people just turned off this podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh stop, snowflake, I'm tucking with you.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, scary Brodie's getting recognized at his new pool. You better get in on that.
Speaker 2: Thank You's go to your new community pool there, David Brody, do you have not seen uh that person since that incident?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: The incident being them calling you out at the pool screaming your name.
Speaker 4: I used to work.
Speaker 2: Hey, mister Kate, do yours here?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 2: Look what is mister Kate?
Speaker 4: Do you never worked there?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 11: Guys, Genie from Pennsylvania. I wanted to say congratulations on seven years and over three hundred episodes. Now, thank And I convinced my husband to get me a shirt on Brooklyn Boys big cartail dot com. Yes, because he wanted to fund something for Prime Day and I told him I really wanted that.
Speaker 12: So thanks guys, Thank you nice Sea.
Speaker 4: That's you know what, that's a that's a touching moment right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and then that's a good husband, right Jo.
Speaker 11: From Pennsylvania again, So I'm on episode to nineteen, so I do listen.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 11: I listened to your new episode drops and it was was really really nice to hear Brodie last week when you guys were on vacation. I don't know, I miss you on the show. Thanks you hope you're happy, Jamie.
Speaker 4: Jamie is right currently leading as favorite caller of this episode so far.
Speaker 13: Heybe boys, Trifka, your favorite ex hasidic jew from Brooklyn. Listen, Brody I'm a dental hygienist, and I'm a little salty that your hygienesi is texting you saying she thinks you're back on the radio. I think you need a new hygienist who knows that you're not back on the radio talking about me. Anyways. I'm jealous of your hygienesis texting you.
Speaker 4: And that's all Wow, dueling hygienists. I feel like my teeth just got hit on. Yeah, Brodie, you should go to her. Maybe you should give you a discount. I don't know. Do I want to slice in my mouth?
Speaker 2: I think you've made and I'll say this, you could. I mean, you know, do you have dental coverage anymore now that you're you know, sitting here at home. Yes, I have dental Okay, I was gonna say, because if you didn't, this would be a great way to, you know, maybe get it at a good price. Come on, you get because there's choppers cleaned every six months.
Speaker 4: What if I figure out where Rifka works or whatever, and I go to Rifka to be my dental hygienis for a short period of time or for a visit to see how it goes. Yeah, and she's like, you know, Brodie's really nice, he's funny, he's got a tartar problem.
Speaker 2: Like I don't need that.
Speaker 4: Told me that going on social media. No, like you know what I mean, like my X rays going up and yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 2: So you never had a cavity, you would have a slice as a proctologist. They're just certain jobs that you just listen.
Speaker 4: No, but I told you that time I was having a colonoscopy and the guy was like, you know, I'm a big fan. Yeah, it's not when you want to know, right, all right, but rifka listen. I appreciate the offer. I just went for my six month to clean cleaning.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Thank god, no cavities.
Speaker 4: Once again, I am curious as to how ex casidic riff is, Like, as you're working on is you driving on Fridays now and eating pork? How like? How far have we traveled from the life that she had? I'm curious. You can send me a DM on Instagram on a you know, on a on a on a non holiday if you want.
Speaker 7: Do you does the iHeart app delete talkbacks? If do you get too many? Because I know my friends and I we send several talkbacks talking about how much we liked the different songs.
Speaker 8: Brody wrote.
Speaker 2: Son of them.
Speaker 7: They sent it like right after episode three hundred was aired. Yeah, together another of mine that I sent after all right, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do get to leave after a certain amount of time.
Speaker 4: It's amount of about time period, which we've we've we've alluded to it. I think we actually come out and said it. You want to leave talk backs shortly before our next episode's coming out, like if we go on a two week vacation, they're going to delete over that two week span, because that's the way the system is with the iHeart talkbacks, So I wish I could have heard those, But I appreciate that you enjoyed the two episodes I did all by myself when scared was.
Speaker 2: It second thought? Broty doesn't need an ego stroking, so I'm glad they got deleted. I'm kidding with you.
Speaker 4: By the way, Stone, you know, if you are a professional ego stroker, like Riff is a dental hygienist, you could also offer your services. I would love to have my ego.
Speaker 2: Stroke and pool side would be great.
Speaker 4: Listen, you're invited to the pool. You have not taken me up on the offer. I have invited you to come to come use the pool. Okay, all right, I didn't hear an acceptance there. Look, big talker.
Speaker 2: I gotta find some time and I'll come out there one of.
Speaker 4: The pools you're going to. I know, busy, very busy. Gotta go to the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember, yeah, exactly. I gotta get those those abs working, although I was told to find them first. Exactly, they see abs or abs are built in the kitchen. They're not built as are absent.
Speaker 6: They really are, Okay Maddie from Brooklyn.
Speaker 7: Although the ADA does not recognize emotional support animals as service animals, I would like to argue the fact that that little dog in the bikini probably did receive formal training to work as a lifeguard.
Speaker 8: Otherwise, why the bikini.
Speaker 4: Come on good point and she runs in slow motion like they did on Baywatch.
Speaker 14: So scary body body, scary rock and Steve from.
Speaker 2: The box Rocke and Steve.
Speaker 14: To that assle that lives in Scranton. Thinking pizza should have Charry mixed with fucking moots it out. They should want to be mooted it out on the fucking pizzas comeback shit and I hope I said before they.
Speaker 3: Choke on your wife's fucking dick.
Speaker 14: All right, to worry about you, You come back with the ship, go fund yourself pieces pizza slices.
Speaker 4: Look, nobody is more offended about chetta cheese on pizza than I am.
Speaker 2: But let's not.
Speaker 4: Let's not get into penises and uh hate. He just went for the juggular there, Listen, right, I appreciate Rock and Steve's passion when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to pizza. Same same. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't fault the guy, but let's not. Let's not turn it into violence over chedda I mean chatta cheese. It would hold up in court. I understand that if there was, uh, you know, prosecution, But let's let's let's be also.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's also be real. People put worse things on pizza and call it pizza. By the way, cheese is bad.
Speaker 4: But on our next Brooklyn boys, if I find it in my screenshots. One of our listeners was at the gas station in Iowa where the pizza They of the guest Station Pizza and gave me a review of the guest Station pizza.
Speaker 15: Aarn Kenovams Al Florida. I didn't want to say anything because I thought I wouldn't be woken up. But I could see on the Facebook fanpage people are saying it. Yeah, that girl, whatever her name was, Astra the dog cringiest owner dog owner ever. I cannot stand people that humanize their dogs. Granted, I get that they're like families in that life. I grew up with dogs, but come on, not a service animal.
Speaker 2: See, I'm right as much as a friend as she is to me. I agree.
Speaker 3: Scary and Brody and brody and Scary go roady knee from CT. I just want to say that Scary is a very direct person and I enjoy his body language. He's clearly been working out, and he is winning the battle with mortality, especially with all the line's main mushrooms he's been taken. We get to a certain age when we have to sprint to stand still, and it feels like Scary as sprinting because he has a vigorous fire of youth in his eyes, and that's a good thing, and it is inherent in the way he comes across over the air waves of radio and podcast symmetry. He personifies all of that energy as long as he keeps that fire tended to that should never go away. You know what I'm talking about, shoulders back and continue to smash him as the scary Jones.
Speaker 2: I'm beginning to think that this guy goes to AI and writes a script. No, he's very you know what it is.
Speaker 4: He sounds very like like a sense like, he's very like words of positivity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, phill sounds it was like it was written by Ai. AI.
Speaker 4: Also, he's probably seen you run if he thinks that you run and stand still at the same time.
Speaker 8: So, Hey, Rockling boy, is Jamie from Gleen Scary? You said you're not going to the movies because of bed bucks man. You are bougie as fuck.
Speaker 9: We know.
Speaker 8: That's how movie theater you'd go to. You'd go to some velvet rope vip ultra exclusive bougie movie theater and as bottle service, and even if the place managed to have some bugs, even the bugs would have bottle service. That's the type of place you'd go to.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? Okay, we'll pause there for a second. Do you want to comment she's hilarious?
Speaker 4: No, I feel like you would go like if you could get to like Shaquille O'Neill's home theater. Then you would go to it like that kind of thing, of course, without question home movie theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without question. She got me, She's got me pegged.
Speaker 4: I went to see Dead Pulling Wolverine this week, yep, and the theater was beautiful and clean. I saw it Imax. It was terrific. Although I have to say you scaring. I'll bitch more about this on the Brooklyn Boys. Take a guess how long how many minutes of trailers I had to watch from the time the movie was supposed to start till it actually fifteen forty five really forty five minutes late. The movie was close to forty five minutes late. For trailer after trailer after trailer after trailer.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, because they know they got a captive audience, and a big one at that.
Speaker 4: So the most trailers like fifteen twenty minutes ridiculous.
Speaker 12: Good movie, though, Hey the fuck is Larry long nuts here from Pittsburgh. Wanted to give you guys a call about the regular situation. So I used to have FiOS and then this probably four years ago, and so they were doing the same thing where you buy the buy the route of fifteen bucks or you run it. Sorry, and I didn't do that. I spent two hundred and maybe fifty dollars or my bad spent two hundred to two hundred and fifty dollars. Bought a router that works with both Verizon and Exfinity, which is Comcast. We have both out here. I'm geeking out, and now anytime I've ever moved, I've been able to use it the same router. It is a Nighthawk something or other fucking quick speeds things perfect, works with both Verizon and Exfinity.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, that was the end of him. That was the end of his And I thought he had a second one, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, you spent four hundred dollars on a router, so yeah, and it was Verizon's router.
Speaker 2: So I definitely got rooked.
Speaker 4: I told you you got to call me before you make any life decisions. Yeah, Brody, what should I do? How should I spend my money?
Speaker 2: Brody? How would what would Brody do?
Speaker 4: Should I invest in this Kosha steakhouse? I would have told you no.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Hey, Brooklyn boys, Jamie from Queen's Here, Brody, you played a commercial for the company home agol. Apparently you should have played the scamboney jingle for them. I looked into them, and every review I've seen on Google is trashing them, things about them signing you up for a subscription service for them without your consent, or people paying for a certain amount of time, and then the workers either stay for half the time or only do half the work.
Speaker 4: Wow, how could they possibly do all the work for nineteen dollars? There's probably four people that they probably make five bucks an hour. That's that's that's well, they don't they work in your house for ten minutes. I fired her, I fired my I fired my maid when I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some TMU shit right there. All right.
Speaker 4: By the way, I went back and listened to that clip of us talking about how that that bratdy teenage girl fired her made it's it's hysterical, it's hilarious, fun I'll have.
Speaker 2: To go back and listen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when was the last time you ever went back and listened to an episode?
Speaker 2: I hate the sound of my own voice. I don't go back.
Speaker 4: He doesn't hate the sound of your voice, but it is. It's funny shit.
Speaker 2: My boy podcast. All right, let's continue, Hey, broken boys, scary, Brody, Brody scary this Elijah Finley from Finley, Ohio.
Speaker 17: You guys are talking about watching the movies, and you mentioned watching Twisters.
Speaker 2: Brody.
Speaker 18: Well, some scary is worried about bedbugs. I don't know if you guys have them over there in the New York area our Jersey area. Here in Ohio, we have driving so so scary, so worried about the bugs? Maybe you should do that instead.
Speaker 2: We don't have those. We have one. There's one upstate New York somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no space around here for a driving movie with you. The upstate Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one about and now no, no, there is one about ninety minutes away, but still too far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my seats I gotta I want to recline our big leather seats I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I would do a driving once, but I wouldn't like make a thing of it.
Speaker 2: And the chances are that they're showing what you want to see is slim to none.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, does it come with a handy scary you know I'm saying I think it comes with.
Speaker 2: Some free dental work, a popcorn trick. I think, I think, uh, I think Riff is there and she can actually give you her dental services while you're watching.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the popcorn trick is? Did you see the movie? Of course, the movie Diner nineteen eighty two. One young actors, he all became superstars. He's trying to get some. He's in the theater, he's got the pops. I let him watch the movie. Oh, come on, it's it a freaking forty year old movie. Didn't A lot of our audience may not have been a live or movie watching age. Go watch Diner. It's very funny, and the whole cast and even just google YouTube, the the the popcorn scene, right, you need model, Yeah, you got to be there.
Speaker 2: A lot lot of parts to that.
Speaker 18: I say, Hey, you guys haven't because I don't know. Obviously your bigger city over there and over here, they're not rare. They're far into you.
Speaker 17: We have two that I know of, one Vanward, Ohio, one Camp, Ohio.
Speaker 18: And I actually just went to Vanward, Ohio and watched Twisters last Friday, And like I said.
Speaker 8: They're really rare over here. It's hard to find.
Speaker 18: So maybe you guys have a bunch.
Speaker 17: Maybe you know they're kind of outdated, So I mean worried about catching the bug in there.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a great solution, great solution.
Speaker 4: If I had a convertible, I would go to a drive through. But if you're looking at a giant screen, like the roof of your car has got to cut off half the picture, doesn't it. By the way, he said his name was Finley, well close to it, and then he said he's from Finley, Ohio. Does he have the same mess name as his town. Possible, that'd be weird.
Speaker 17: That'd be weird from Finley, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Again, I had to add one more thing. Just I'm listening to this piece.
Speaker 17: By piece the way I see it, Brody, if you might as all hop on marketplace, buy one hundred dollars router and then charge scary that three hundred dollars it's going to cost for you to go over there and solve the router for him because his big tech savy guy with his eight point three trillion dollars tex Or soundboard and everything blah blah blah, can't plug in a goddamn router.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a nut cable.
Speaker 2: The guy mounted it for me too. He did a great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Did at least buy your dinner first? Yeah, I got a lot for the money. I got a lot for the money. I got full service, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, yeah, beautifully mounted.
Speaker 19: He mounted it, Danny the Blind radio guy, Brody, this is not the ship on the fact that you like fantasy stuff, because there's a huge market for that. And trust me, I know that I'm in. He comes Bundy, But honestly, I'm totally scary. I am constantly getting shipped on for not having an imagination. But if it's not realistic or there's no hint of realism to it, I cannot get into it.
Speaker 3: I cannot connect with it.
Speaker 19: I read a lot of autobiographies, a lot of uh, you know, just a lot of things that hey.
Speaker 4: Okay, continue, I'm gonna say, I don't know. You got caught off that, Danny. You'r Danny the Blind DJ. So I'm not gonna fault you for not seeing Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Hio, all right.
Speaker 4: It's just I'm just it's not your fault. It's it's a little different experience when you're not seeing it. A lot of a lot of Star Wars is visual. And I know you read a lot of you know, listen to a lot of audio books and all. Uh, but you know, listen fantasy and and imagery and science fiction and superheroes. Not for everybody, but Scary missed out, Dead Pull and Wolverine is a fantastic movie. But if you definite see any other ones, you're gonna be lost.
Speaker 10: Hey, Brooklyn Boys, monochame here. I'm not sure if this.
Speaker 20: Other time, if this is one of one of the other tisements that you guys put in, or it's the one it's one of the ones that you don't listen to, or you don't.
Speaker 9: Get to hear.
Speaker 20: We don't, you don't hear anywhere different, but you're by the first break from.
Speaker 10: Episode three two, Yeah, it changes.
Speaker 20: You're talking about the Verizon issues, the rise of fire whatever, the files issues. And the first ad is you guys promoting.
Speaker 10: I think T mobile or something slash Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's kind of uh, ironic coins.
Speaker 10: I think it's ironic.
Speaker 20: Nope, whatever, you'll correct me the way we tell you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the wayomen come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One was a commercial we were doing for cell phone service, and one was a commercial for home internet. So unrelated. Kit mobile doesn't do home internet, Yes, and the commercials change by the day, by the minute, by the hour, and by the location of where you live. By the way, right, you may hear commercials for local businesses that wherever you live.
Speaker 2: A little behind the scenes technology beauty of what we do is everyone could be hearing the same commercial or people might be hearing different commercials.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, when I put on episode three oh one to listen to the made bit YEP, I scrolled and I stopped on a commercial and it was a live read from you.
Speaker 2: What was it was?
Speaker 4: Sobra hummus, No, don't stop it hit the jingle they are sponsor a podcast. Nope, Oh we love them on the pod. Yeah, I'm sorry. I thought I thought you meant the commercial because I know you also do commercials for the morning show. Sobre is a is a By the way, can I tell you I did a podcast yesterday.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was a a Marvel Comics podcast and there is an Israeli Marvel Comics superhero called Sabra and she's in the new Marvel movie that comes out next year called Thunderbolts. And we were talking about how sober makes great hummus.
Speaker 2: They do smooth, creamy hummus.
Speaker 4: So can I tell you I have h sobra red pepper hummus in my refrigerator right now, which I love. I love the garlic as well. But they used to make tuna fish and they stopped about three years ago. Scary. I'm telling you, I don't know what they put in it. It wasn't tuna salad, it wasn't celery in it. Just tuna fish and like non lumpy ingredients. Really the best tune of fish ever had in my life. Really, and they stopped making it. I was I'm gonna have a little.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They put a little cinnamon in it. It was some kind of flavoring. I have to call them and see if anyone there knows what was in it, because I'm telling you it was the best toon of fish I ever had.
Speaker 2: Can I buy some old tunaugh eBay.
Speaker 4: If I could find it, I would pay dearly for it. And what's tuna fish and tuna salad? Tuna salad has celery chunks in it and usually like dill and other ship.
Speaker 2: Oh that's my favorite. I'm a salad guy.
Speaker 4: No tuna fish. I eat tuna fish, Mayo and tuna fish. That's it, okay, all right, don't put shit in my ship.
Speaker 10: Another thing, I know if this is right after my other ones, which I assume it's gonna be, because it's like, of course it is two minutes past.
Speaker 20: It talking about the lines my mushroom.
Speaker 10: I'm just thinking about it.
Speaker 20: I know that you hate politics and you don't want to talk him say you don't take the politics on the podcast.
Speaker 10: But anyone tried giving Joe Biden.
Speaker 20: Those lion made lions main mushroom whatever, that's scary's taken.
Speaker 10: I'm just kind of curiosity asking for a friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but liones may may or may not work, may or may not work.
Speaker 10: And another.
Speaker 20: But Brodie's reaction to the vegetable pizza that your friends got in Connecticut. It sounds just like Danielle on The Big Show reacting to Mayo or even hearing the word Mayo, love.
Speaker 2: It, thank you?
Speaker 4: Can I tell you my I had lunch today with my cousin and we were in Marstown, and I have a great Marstown, New Jersey story for the podcast. But she was talking about how her sun is having an upset stomach for eating too many onions. So she says to me, I told him she eat green onions. They don't have the same effect on him. And I heard her say green onions, and I went just like that, just like when Daniels.
Speaker 2: Aren't those scallions? Are you kidding me? Scallions are great? They add some wonderful flavor. What an accent to your food? They're the worst, the worst that tastes like soap. You're the You're the worst onions a flavor?
Speaker 4: No, not not scallions?
Speaker 2: Oh what's the damn difference? Gross?
Speaker 4: I hate them.
Speaker 3: I hate them.
Speaker 2: Put them on top of things just because you want to add another car.
Speaker 9: You're a good guy. You're a good man. That's why you helped that young lady. Are you also probably were thinking about what you have three daughters and you hope somebody would help them. That was really great of you.
Speaker 4: And oh the flat tire.
Speaker 9: Bless you, Oh God.
Speaker 2: Thank you. She sounds like a first time, a first time contributing to.
Speaker 4: Her name of where she's from, which is a you know, cardinal sim But we love we love new callers. She's referencing the girl who didn't know that she had a flat tire. And then thought I thought she had a flat tire because it was a light on the dashboard.
Speaker 2: Here's some who left three in a row.
Speaker 15: O canal from South Florida. What's up, guys, scary. Verizon is probably one of the worst internet providers to have. I don't care what people say. I've gone through every Exfinity and AT and T. My buddy, he does this for a living. Is an IT company in Miami does this for a living, for law firms and stuff. AT and T is the best. I pay fifty five a month for three j of Meaga Etra second, which isn't fast, but it's what I need all I need from me and my wife, and I have not paid more and over two years. You don't pay extra for.
Speaker 10: The router.
Speaker 15: You don't pay extra for anything. I pay fifty five a month flat. Nothing else is on the bill except Internet and then whatever service tacks they say, and in the contract it says they cannot raise my bill. Ever it is fifty five a month.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 15: Most of these companies make money on the commercial side of things, a residential That's why they do this, because it's heavily go Sorry, last talkback. I usually don't do so in a row. But you got to look into not renting routers. Man, that is the biggest gimmick ever. And they'll tell you whatever they want. They can tell you, oh, you need to use ours because and then only says do they think that only theirs will work with Verizon?
Speaker 3: Not true?
Speaker 15: Usually there are always other options. Sure, talk to a local IT.
Speaker 4: Company that you already spent four hundred dollars.
Speaker 15: They will tell you what router do you use to buy it? Renting routers is fucking shit?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Well, let me let me respond, yes, I really that was the whole point of my rant. Is four and a half years later, I realized what you just told me. So now I've be the correction by buying the router outright, But unfortunately I was seven hundred twenty dollars in on the old one, which is what caused the whole like like epiphany. All right, So yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What really caused the epiphany is you don't check your bills every month.
Speaker 2: And that's when most people, a lot of people are like that.
Speaker 4: And can I tell you Verizon charged me fifty dollars for a reconnection service to reconnect my service after it was disconnected.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you got they got away with it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, they didn't get away with it because I never had it disconnected. There was no reason to reconnect it. Oh wow, there was just a fifty dollars charge. I'm like, I called them up. They're like, our records do not show that we're disconnected. I go, then how can I have been reconnected if I wasn't disconnected? Yeah, so they credited me fifty dollars. But if you don't look at your bill, Like if you're on auto pay and you're like, fuck it, it's autopay, they'll just auto pay. You gotta check your bill every month. That shemps up.
Speaker 2: So that's the problem, the downside of autopen computers, the downside of auto pay. That sucks.
Speaker 4: But I still get paper billings so I can look at it all the time. Yeah, do not rent your routers, folks, buy it and don't route your renters.
Speaker 2: True? Whatever that is? All right?
Speaker 4: More episode from episode three zero two, Pickleball, Patty and the playground Problem.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, guys, leave another one, but it's really bothering me. You don't want ether net anymore right now? You want fiber That's what FiOS is fiber. Yeah, Now like with AT and T, it's like I have fiber, and which you really want is consistency internet, which is what fiber offers. Bandwidth is would be like with speeds, which mostly people don't need the fastest internet. Honestly I do because when you're when something gets stuck buffering, it's usually the consistency of.
Speaker 2: Okay, all rights. Also, no, there's listen. It's great.
Speaker 4: You pay fifty five dollars a month for your AT and T router for three hundred megabytes per second.
Speaker 2: That's what you need. But I need a gig up and down because of the type of work that I do. So I don't think he means us right, no, but he was. His initial thought was he was criticizing and saying, hey, by the way, you got to switch to AT and T. Well, you know what people that don't.
Speaker 4: Work in radio or watch porn, that's what he needs exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, I need it for both. In fact especially I need I need one that can handle simultaneous activity. That's right, So I could be watching porn while doing this podcast with you.
Speaker 4: Are is in everyone.
Speaker 21: Scary and Brody Brody and Scary rock and see episode three hundred and two about pickleball Patty. You guys are talking about a guy who wrote a post and the best pizzria in New Jersey, Morris County. He said, try them all, and then he kept referring to this guy the one person as they pronoun miss Hues makes me fucking sick. If it's one person and it's a guy, you know that, I call him. They's him the proper pronu.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he did it for that reason. I think he just sometimes we just say that, right they. Yeah, it wasn't a pronoun thing, don't.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was playing that game.
Speaker 4: I think honestly that was him being like, that's how they feel me. We I do that being from Brooklyn because I just don't know how to speak properly. Yeah, we don't. He didn't go out of his way to do that. I don't even remember saying they. But I wouldn't read into it. Don't don't read into it with too dopey.
Speaker 21: Scary and brody Brody and Scary see from the Bronx again over there third on the Charm so I was also influenced by the Karate Kid in nineteen eighty four. I'm about the same age as you guys, but the only clue local one that I could get to was a taekwondo school. I'm gonna have the purple belt.
Speaker 2: That was AAU outlet of the year.
Speaker 21: A couple of times I want to tournaments.
Speaker 2: Got some gold medals, silver. Nice show for now, what were there? Yeah, Brodie, you didn't take karate or taekwondo.
Speaker 4: No, I played little league baseball.
Speaker 2: YEA karate wasn't good to me. It really wasn't.
Speaker 23: Hey, brooken Boyce, he's a boyfriend about that. Said, so it's broken and scary, and this is why it's brone scary. I am sixteen minutes and in twenty eight seconds, I cannot believe the shit that is coming out of scary.
Speaker 2: First of all, scary. If you're a techy guy, which you said.
Speaker 23: You just said you're a techy guy, take every how often you got a new iPhone?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 24: You think your router is gonna be good for two years, bro six to nine months, there'd be a new router again. Sixty two nine months, there'll be a new router faster, because this is the way technology works. Scary and yes, Brody's career. One hundred bucks brand new router. Oo care I bowe my own router. It's big good. Every other here at changing okay, the same signal, scary jokes, looking for coax.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you're a ticket guy. He was about to take a ship anyway.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a new router for one hundred bucks every year, right, and it would cost you like eight eight and change eight thousand.
Speaker 2: Guilty is charged? Okay, so I let it go for too long. That's lazy. Then you overpay.
Speaker 4: You paid four hundred dollars for a router.
Speaker 2: It's on me. I understand, all right, crucify me.
Speaker 25: Hey b boys, Christy from Standdlebrook Brody, I can't wait to hear how much you loved Deadpool and Wolverine. We saw it Friday night and absolutely loved it. It is so hilarious. My favorite line is who's your dialect? And we are on the same page with movies and TV shows. We just finished Presumed Innocent. Wow, what a great ending. Did not see that coming?
Speaker 7: Is that scary?
Speaker 25: You don't know what you're missing. There's so much great entertainment out there. And thanks for the info on the Router. Hey b boys, CHRISTI from Sooderbrook, I got cut off. I just wanted to say thank you both for the information on the routers. I honestly did not know that, and I am going to go to marketplace and search for.
Speaker 10: One there for either.
Speaker 25: Thanks again, great episode.
Speaker 12: Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Are you a Wolverine fan or a dead a Deadpool fan?
Speaker 4: Yes, and yes I grew up a Wolverine fan. I mean I grew up. Yes, I love the X Men growing up and the Avengers. But Deadpool is relatively new compared to Wolverine. Sure, but if you're talking about movies, the three, the two Deadpool movies I like much more than any of the X Men movies from the two thousands.
Speaker 2: There's Hugh Jackman, fantastic. There is a wonderful back and forth between Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman from the Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 4: Show, Jimmy Kimmel, Are you sure about that? Nope, there's a back and horselim there's a back and forth. There's aboard clip seventy million like watches on it. So they're going back and forth on a green screen. Yes, in a rap back and forth. I take a rap battling. It's so well done, it's hysterical. It's Jimmy Fallon, as I say, but also they co hosted Jimmy Jimmy Kimmel, which I thought you were saying.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but you guys, you guys, check google that Jimmy Fallon Fallon tonight, the The Wolverine versus Deadpool hilarious, very well done.
Speaker 13: Heybye boys, It's Riska from Brooklyn Brill. What you were talking about people using the word spade incorrectly when they say spaded. I've never heard anyone use that word before, and I would actually die if someone did, and I'd say, what the fuck is wrong with you? I'm an English language slash grammar Nazi like you, so that would bother me also. But I want to say one more thing. I want to play some audio if I could. That's actually incorrect, Brody. You should have said it if I may, because can you play some audio? Of course you can. Anyway, I'll catch you some slack and give you some grace because I love you, all right, bye, guys.
Speaker 4: The reason I say if I could, it's because I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure if I was able to with my connection here and if we had time. But yes, in most cases, may Is is more correct. Ye're correct here. By the way, I love the former Hasidic jew thrown around the word azi. Found that to be ironic, right, so grama Nazi.
Speaker 2: So here we are three three in a row from this next person.
Speaker 26: Yo, Brooklyn boys, it's MJ from NJ. Yeah, yeah, I think it's recording. All right, listen the trio router of things? All right, I got comcasts. I don't rent anymore because the ship's internal rental.
Speaker 8: I understand.
Speaker 26: The only thing I bought my own route problems. They will not help me if something goes wrong with it because it's not there.
Speaker 8: You walked out.
Speaker 26: They offered you the four hundred dollars one, so that's good.
Speaker 16: Listen to what okay?
Speaker 22: Episode three zero two I think it was episode three ozho two.
Speaker 8: It's me and to two.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 22: What happened is I bought an Aris router. I think it was almost three hundred dollars about four years ago, and then something went wrong. Comcasts willn't help me because, oh well, you bought it from another company.
Speaker 26: Aris Aris is a well known router company, a variet I can give you four hundred dollars one. That's that's excellent rental stocks. Do not rent, Yeah, don't pay for the rental.
Speaker 9: The only other.
Speaker 26: Thing is, let's say you had to be an upgraded router. They can replace it, and then you paid it fifteen a month. Well, like I said, I have Comcast. So but you did the right thing. Paying four hundred it'll last two of many years. That's absolutely better. Do not rent.
Speaker 22: It's going to come out to like eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 26: I a great have a great day, Love you guys.
Speaker 2: But as a previous slice pointed out, that technology may be done in nine months to a year.
Speaker 4: So that's why I can get it for one hundred dollars. You get a new one over a year, right, Hence I'm left with the same problem. So besides, they last about two years, to be honest with you, before they okay, get a they slow down.
Speaker 2: Well then, so then I've paid two hundred dollars a year for this router. So that's that's bad. Listen. I'll go with the outdated technology for a couple of years, just get more life out of it. What do you want me to say? We're talking about routers, things that are out of sight, out of mind. This is a pain purchase anyway. This is not something that you show off to your friends. It's something that you hide in the fucking closet. So yeah, it is upsetting that I spent four hundred dollars on the damn thing and that it was on auto pay on a rental.
Speaker 4: But I corrected the Probably, why don't we do a new podcast. We'll call it all about a Router, All about a Router. Yeah, then we'll just take calls. We'll give it a hello. Is the caller there we have? Yeah, I got an Excel forty seven and I got a question? Yeah from nineteen from nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, we know that router. Go ahead, what's your question? Be great, We'll do a whole show about routers.
Speaker 22: Commend one more thing. Oh hilarious about the memory pills that you had to put a reminder on your phone. Yeah, that was a setup for Brody when you set out. Thanks for reminding me. That was freaking hilarious. Also, the sixteen ninety nine marshroom pills. I mean they probably got a little additives in it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I do know world.
Speaker 22: With supplements and pickle boil pickle bull Patty have a good.
Speaker 2: One like you.
Speaker 4: Just just to clarify, I don't know it was in the sixte Nope, I did.
Speaker 2: I vetted them. See, I did my due diligence.
Speaker 4: Scary, you're talking about the eighty dollar ones you bought. She just said the sixteen ninety nine ones.
Speaker 2: Oh, agree with me? She agreed with me?
Speaker 4: Nope, Yeah, she's saying, don't buy the cheap ones. Don't buy right, I actually missed. You didn't understand.
Speaker 2: There's the reason why these were as expensive as they were is because they may not.
Speaker 4: Work better than the ones that are cheaper.
Speaker 2: That also may the effect of what the health benefit may or may not be. But right, I can tell you it's not filler and bullshit in what what I'm putting in joy.
Speaker 4: They both may not work, but the eighty dollar ones don't work better than the ones that are cheaper, that don't work poorly. Right, And there's no filler in those, So I feel better about taking you bought better at not working than the other ones.
Speaker 10: Brody, and is scary, Scary, Brody, it's dead.
Speaker 6: I am so upset scary the fact that you sent Jetski Bryan to my home state of Connecticut. And and then this girl that he had with him has the audacity to destroy a modern pie with vegetables.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 10: Brody was like.
Speaker 6: Gasping in the background, all upset, and I was equally as upset.
Speaker 10: I don't know why you would ever do that ever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And the last thing I'll say, guys, by the way, vegetarianism, it's it's a horrible disease.
Speaker 6: That's the last thing I'll say, guys, is that's a solid recommendation.
Speaker 15: Scary.
Speaker 6: I have lived in this area my entire life. I can go to Modern Peppies or Sally's at any time, literally whenever I want, and as many times as I want, and out of all three, Modern still remains my favorite. So I won't get into the New York Connecticut pizza fight because I think we have the best pizza. But I like New York pizza too, so I'm not gonna be upset. And anybody who doesn't live around here here pizza sucks.
Speaker 4: Well Okay, well New Haven Pizza and Connecticut is an exception, and there's probably a couple of others that we didn't But I will say this about the about Jetski Bryan and his vegetarian girlfriend. They've broken up yet she was the reason why he thought that modern was just mid.
Speaker 2: He's like, he was on the way back from Rhode Island. They came back to New Haven and they did Frank Peppies and he swore by it. He goes, dude, Frank Peppy hands down. He had both the white clam pie and the regular pizza that they do, and he's like, I gotta give it to them over modern.
Speaker 4: And I said, the only reason why you're saying that is because you had a bad fucking experience with modern pizza. Because half that three quarters of that pie was vegetables. And what happens with vegetables they're they're filled with water, and the water gets put literally the water like under the heat, goes all over the pizza and it becomes like a moist pie and you're not even getting the right feel. You need a traditional modern pie without any fucking vegetables or bullshit on it.
Speaker 2: This happened to me. It starts having Brody When I went to me, you can't put yeah, but Will and I were like, oh, let's get the let's get the meat lovers. But let's also put olives onions and peppers on there. No onions and olives. No, those vegetables are pure water. They render water, and it made the like a sopping mess.
Speaker 4: And we're like, if you if they grill the vegetables first and then put them on the pizza, that's a different story. I still won't eat it.
Speaker 2: But no, start.
Speaker 4: Tavern's good start to having solid Yeah, but that's why I told jet Ski Brian.
Speaker 2: I said, that's what I said. You need to redo on modern and don't don't bring any freaking vegetarian people. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brooklyn boy, it's Maddy from Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Speaker 12: It was me, I said, Pat.
Speaker 4: It's great to be vindicated because I legitimately thought I was wrong.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Brodie.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Maddie. And by the way, Maddie, thank you for not threatening or or trying saying anything that you beat me up, because I know you can.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn boys, Peter from South Carolina here, originally from Connecticut, and on your conversation about the New Haven pizza, it is a rule that you have to get just cheese pizza whenever you go to the Big three because it changes the flavor whenever you have topics, and they'll get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I love my.
Speaker 5: Topics, but a cheese tie from monitorn versus any other topic is a completely different flavor.
Speaker 2: Arkouts off all right, See yeah, he agrees arkouts off far.
Speaker 15: When you're talking about the pizza, I always get an OMG pizza.
Speaker 10: I love it onion, mushrooms and garlic.
Speaker 15: I mean if Italian, and she loves it too, and trust me her she knows pizza.
Speaker 12: I mean, yeah, I bet fucking Broadolly, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: Get that off there again?
Speaker 4: Once again, I like an S and M pizza. What's the sausage and meatball? You can't beat it? And once again with mushrooms, it's like.
Speaker 2: Water. So yes, he's eating. He's definitely eating, Like some real moist poem saying.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a very poor ask you, a very important question. Is it okay to put Lion's main mushrooms on your pizza? Then you're increasing your memory and you may be fighting Alzheimer's while you have dinner.
Speaker 2: Could that that could work? I will say once again, anytime you're putting a vegetable on there, you're asking for trouble. The pizza is gonna be wet.
Speaker 4: And that's why I don't put vegetables on my pizza. The California Pizza Kitchen, give me a break. I like it. It's it's pure, pure flo. Oh, I get the Sicilian pizza extra saucenow basil.
Speaker 2: Right, that's different though you wait, wait, but most people put fucking pineapples and all kinds of crap all over there.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with I've had pineapple on pizza.
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 4: Not my favorite, but I'm okay with it. You're causing the dough to not be crispy when you do that. If the pineapple is dried and grilled before you slap it on them. If you put pineapple juice all over the pie, you've ruined it.
Speaker 2: But after yeah, but if you put it on after, as you said, maybe all right, last one, all right, here we go.
Speaker 4: But it'd be good to pick a ball, pick up.
Speaker 10: Soccer, and one all about winning.
Speaker 15: I don't playing lose.
Speaker 13: Don't lose anyone do anything.
Speaker 15: You just stand there and kick the ball around, right, do any of that stuff?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 12: When you get tired, you're like, fucking I'm tired.
Speaker 15: I don't want to play anymore. No, you play a fucking win. Good job, Brody, and thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, what happened. It happened to me sunday. I said to the girl. I said, because you know you you you switch partners every round. So I said to the girl. As we started a new game, I said, Hey, the guy we're playing, he can't He doesn't move in quickly. So if you drop the ball short, he can't reach it.
Speaker 2: Strategy.
Speaker 4: She's like, she's just aren't we just gonna have fun?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I said no, I said, so I have to try twice odd now to make up for the fact you're not trying. She's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I go, we're here to win that we get to stay. If we win.
Speaker 4: They have to walk to one of the court because they lost.
Speaker 2: Losers walk. See. I'm just there to have it. I'm just there to exercise.
Speaker 4: If I want to exercise, I could play with a ball and a wall and a paddle and just hit it against the wall by myself.
Speaker 27: All right, reactions, This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 2: Excise free