Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs.
Speaker 2: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montree More and.
Speaker 3: New Scrugs Players Lounge right here. Coming to s w C podcast studio to start in Frisco awaiting Dallas Cowboys practice a game practice Anthony.
Speaker 4: Dor Set, Trey Moore, It's me Mary all time.
Speaker 5: You find the day you better show up.
Speaker 3: So that's the d You guys cant to show up on time cutting so you guys to watch people go down.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's the player like PTSD me where it was like hold on, man, you got to make sure you're early on cut day.
Speaker 6: Just you know, I did. I did.
Speaker 5: I wanted to have a flash back of my player days.
Speaker 3: So, according to Todd Archer, the cop was already released.
Speaker 4: Offensive line and Collins. Other cuts are offensive, she said.
Speaker 3: Cornerback Christian Matthew, offensive line and Nick Broker, wide receiver Josh Kelly, tight end John Stevens junior, Tyler uh Neville another tight end cut cornerback Troy Pride and defensive tackle den Zell Dackson.
Speaker 4: Those are the early cuts. More to come. So surprise anyone, in surprise, not too crazy.
Speaker 6: LC, No the lolling surprised.
Speaker 7: No, Okay, So the surprising thing is this, Dak said he wanted him, you know what I mean. So I thought that he would get more of an opportunity to fulfill Dak's needs. You know what I'm saying, the Dak's warrants. Under the circumstances. It didn't happen a waight like that. So you know, I just thought, like I'm not surprised, but just thought he would have a little longer leash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with you that it didn't surprise me, but I thought he would have been like the last minute cut, like you you need that veteran leadership, like you said, you're starting quarterback being avid for you and we all know that once Jerry like his guys that he paid, he liked, you know, he keeps them around. And so for me, it was like I thought he would have been like a last minute cut, but based off of his reps and stuff like that, like I seen you trying to improve your value coaching them up. But the stars it was right there. I just didn't think it was to be like, hey, we're gonna tell you early so you know you can go out there fishing. But they might have did that, so you know, he maybe he can go fill out these other teams and say hey, I'm gonna be released and maybe get a jump start on this.
Speaker 8: So he definitely had the move right show my words as a coach on the sideline.
Speaker 4: I can get it, I can do.
Speaker 6: This, do this.
Speaker 5: You know, you get injuries over here, coaching up the next best thing, your second round pick right there, showing them the nuances to understand the game.
Speaker 4: I could be an extra coach out there.
Speaker 6: I get it. Get your fact.
Speaker 4: Wasn't surprised, though. It kind of surprised me slightly, and we talked about this.
Speaker 6: In the text.
Speaker 8: Was John Stevens the tight end I thought I was. I thought he had something that had a little something. I mean, you got the injury last year. I'm seeing him bounce back from a big body tight Enderson dealing with some issues.
Speaker 6: We're talking about him. I thought he was.
Speaker 8: I thought he would come in here and at least, you know, maybe be that last second squad. He might be able to come back on Pea squad he might be able to come back. But yeah, I thought he was going to be had a chance at least.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when they brought Leal back, first thing, he was skinny right compared to weight left. I mean, he looked like he retired, you know, because because you guys know very well to two things happened to fat.
Speaker 8: Fat guys get skinny, Skinny guys get big, you know.
Speaker 3: And I remember when when that had the retirement for tiers. When they came back, first off, tiring looked good. Always he definitely I ain't coming back. He's really slim down. And then all looked really good too. And so when they brought him out to camp and I saw like he's still you know, still slim. And then when they said they weren't even gonna put it on the left side, they were, we're gonna put it right. We're gonna put him at guard out of the tackle. Oh okay. So yeah, they did a dak a favor. But he didn't play. That's theerto thing in the preseason, right, he wasn't playing out there practicing, he wasn't running with the ones, he wasn't doing anything that made you say.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna try to get this guy ready to go.
Speaker 3: So when that happened, and knowing that, okay, you're a veteran, we have to have you on here, paid his cash. No, because they know they can pick up the phone and always.
Speaker 4: Old lineman two because you know they don't.
Speaker 6: They don't. They don't get on the teams, you know.
Speaker 8: I mean, they can't run down, set off the line, and run down on no kickoff.
Speaker 4: It's tough for them to do more than just what their unit is what they do.
Speaker 5: But as far as like needing an old lineman that's VET ready, like you see that all the time.
Speaker 6: They go grab those guys.
Speaker 5: So, but I would say the one nuance being a journeyman that you don't hear a lot about. You'll see a lot of guys that you think are veting. Obviously not in this case, but some guys that really push that mark where you say, hey, we really think he was gonna be on the team and he get cut week one. Well, fans out there, there's in every contract if you're a VET, after you're vested after if you're on that roster by the first week, you're guaranteed your contract for the whole year. So sometimes it's a it's a money play. It's comatic part of it, like when they say it's above my pay grade.
Speaker 6: So you might see a guy that.
Speaker 5: Gets cut and you be like, hey, we're definitely bringing them back week two.
Speaker 6: We just don't want to be on.
Speaker 5: The hook for whatever whatever that contract we got you for, like how you were saying with Miles Sanders, say he get cut and he comes back, we're not on the hook for your contract, and we can get you back cheaper.
Speaker 3: But so in a case like that, if you were going to keep Collins, he would you wouldn't just run him out here this early exactly. You wait till the end and just say, hey, look all right, we did this because you you're letting some of these guys gouse. You want to let hey, man, go ahead, get yourself an opportunity to go someplace else. I want to help you out. We're not even looking at you for the practice squad. You know, go ahead, go ahead, go you know, yes, go continue your life's work.
Speaker 6: So that's respect.
Speaker 5: That's respecting him because you really could keep him on the hook and make him think that he's going to be here and then all of a sudden when the final cuts come, like people already have in their mind thinking that you're going to make the team. Now you haven't been able to vet your options. He can go home and really sit down and say, hey, am I going to join the team right away? Or you know, I can really assess my body if I want to gain a little more weight, because you know, for whatever reason.
Speaker 8: And as a young player, it takes a mature like you know and Lyos. You know, he's a vet, he understands the game. But we got these young guys, first year, second year, rookie guys. Take some mature player to realize, like, you know, the the organization is looking out for you, so you can, you know, go pursue other teams. Get you got good tape out there, because when you get that cut, you you might, Man, these guts ain't even want me. It can put you down in the dumps.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: It takes takes a guy that's like, Okay, this ain't the end.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 8: Because I've seen a lot of cats that just you know, you get that snipping and it's just they never regained that confidence to feel like they belong in the lead and That's.
Speaker 6: The biggest thing about it is the mental fortitude.
Speaker 5: And I can speak on this just like after you get that cut and then you just keep going and keep going, like you really got to have that energize to battery mentality that I'm made for this. There's thirty one options every Tuesday, somebody is having a tryout. To say that, because initially when it happens, especially like America's team, like who wants to get cut from Dallas? Like that that plays a big part. So if you get cut from the Dream Team, you'd be like over their mental year out of it, and then all of a sudden you lose one step and we all know that it takes one step, So this is that time. So it's it's a little rough. But like you said, if you're a good vet like leel Is, I think.
Speaker 7: You Hopefully these dudes got some you know, if you don't have that that that that tape out there, you don't got that video out there, Hopefully you got an agent, they got some connections. You know what I'm saying, it's work with somebody before you know, because just like you said, you know, it's it's some some dudes get fortunate enough to like when they when that they get cut, they actually get an opportunity to go somewhere else. But some dudes, this, this is gonna be the only way they get home.
Speaker 6: Deepole fire man, new doctors seen it at La.
Speaker 4: Go back to your life's work, life's work.
Speaker 3: So Friday night the Atlanta Falcons came to Jerry World and go down thirty one to thirteen. Joe Milton got the start today.
Speaker 6: I was gone, Hey, what what? No overthrow? Joe?
Speaker 4: I wasn't there for the job second and second quarter?
Speaker 3: Man, I hear that, guys, I didn't see why you didn't watching.
Speaker 4: I had to go. I had to go do the ten o'clock.
Speaker 9: The big money, my bad three games, saw two drives.
Speaker 4: Joe did his things and I went. I went in the studio with the work man.
Speaker 5: Seen enough for you to take back that overthrow, Joe comment, Man, it's starting to come into fruition.
Speaker 6: What I said, didn't I say? What did you wanted to get? I know.
Speaker 7: What we did say that he had three chances in three weeks to put this thing in together. Every every week something did get a little bit better, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Asked them the question getting better but I appreciate you answer any question, but avoided and he's trying to set up but you ain't.
Speaker 3: Right then this is why plays a risky crack game. Game over there, man, get this thing all right, Tree, you're playing with power right now. Milton ten of eighteen hundred and thirty two yards, one touchdown through the air, one rushing touchdown, no sacks, quarterback rating in ninety seven point five.
Speaker 4: So you believe that.
Speaker 3: Are you all good if this is your backup quarterback, the number two guy?
Speaker 4: If Dak gets hurt against Philadelphia?
Speaker 6: I am I am.
Speaker 5: I am good with what I seen he is son through all the preseason, like AD said, he's progressively gotten better. He's shown the big arm, which we already know, but we finally seen what we've been asking for, the touch like it comes with experience, and so yes, he's had enough reps to show me that he can do that, and then on top of that, to show you that he could run the way that he was doing it like it was a good game plan.
Speaker 6: And like I said, if we have to see the backup, we won our bet.
Speaker 5: So I don't plan on seeing him, but he showed me enough to be like yes, don't overreach and go get a vet out here and pay all that money to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Anthony Door sat.
Speaker 7: I just, I just, I gotta be honest. And I've seen Joe progress over the three weeks. But is he ready to be the number two? If that goes down week one? Nah, Joe's He's just not ready for that yet. We want, well, it could happen.
Speaker 4: He has to go in against Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: I like, when we're going in, there's rusty football.
Speaker 7: Man, you know so, But but that's just where I'm going with it, like to be honest with you, and I mean, and we had an opportunity to actually see it up closer in person with Cooper Rush here and just to see how his mechanics were as far as going through and being like being the number two and and and just seeing how solid he was and how dependable he was as a number two. And he's there in Baltimore now of course with behind the m v p QB up there, and you know, it just goes to say, like, I don't have that same level of confidence with Joe right now. I'm just just being out upsetting man, And like if he was my teammate, like if I'm in the locker room you.
Speaker 6: It ain't that you said a few minutes ago. You liked.
Speaker 7: He did, like he puts something together, and it's like every young player is supposed to do, you know what I mean, But like it's not it's not a complete I mean, cake isn't done baking.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush was the cake that wasn't done baking, and he still was able to go in there and do that.
Speaker 6: At least this guy has.
Speaker 5: Shown you that the cake is baking well over time, and he has more tangibles.
Speaker 6: Like I mean, Trey Lance had more know we just we're just didn't.
Speaker 5: He might have had more tangible but he didn't display those. But Joe displayed those tangibles. And this last game he was over there, ha ha ha, over the shoulder, just a little bit of soft kiss chef right there. Then he showed you let me get busy, long, run fast.
Speaker 6: Where's the consistency with it? Though? Like that over time?
Speaker 8: If you're shotting him, are you are you confident at him being the number two?
Speaker 7: If you and you're Shottenheimer coaching everywhere, you didn't coach with all the dudes, you didn't coach too.
Speaker 5: As well, it's different. It's a different grating scale as my backup. Yes, I am comfortable. I am comfortable right there on business. I'm just because you asked me again doesn't mean that it's gonna change. I told you he showed me enough to one. Like I said, I'm not playing on him being in there. But if for some reason he has to go in there, I like what he's doing right here.
Speaker 6: He has a cannon. He showed me that he can throw the touch.
Speaker 5: See that, go in there and coach the month pickens over there, get him something. But my fa go ahead, Hey, they gonna lead that by show you gotta get in there, man. Man.
Speaker 7: So my dad, my dad, if the Cowboys winning to play for the Broncos, right, put it down. My dad was like in his like tenth eleventh year, going to play for Devin Broncos. John Elway was a quarterback. My dad said, he rolled out for a little swing pass. John Elway throws the ball breaks every ligament in my dad's fingers because he's throwing the ball one hundred and twenty miles an hour on the past that could have been just dumped off.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, touch is very vital in the NFL.
Speaker 7: It is to have some type of touch on the ball and everything else like that.
Speaker 6: He showed you that the last game. But I'm just saying, like, good is your last reps and this guy we.
Speaker 4: All can can agree needs the reps right now.
Speaker 6: He does need these reps.
Speaker 8: I just don't know where if we're going in a regular season and Dak's rolling. But you know we've seen things happen in the past, missus games here and there during the regular season, that backup's not getting reps. He may get two or three snaps here and there per period, but he's not getting those developmental reps where he's out there slinging the football. So you're asking Joe Milton to go out there limited reps in practice against a full speed once for other opposing teams to just go out there and start cooking.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I would be comfortable in that.
Speaker 8: Cooper Rush was great in that role because he already understood what it was and he was an experienced quarterback back then and he was able to go out there and cold turkey go out there and still be able to perform.
Speaker 5: How did how did Cooper Rush get into the position to be one of those quarterbacks. He got thrown out there, cold turkey, getting the rep like he was just there. Cooper when people when people, when people brought Cooper Rush in, they wasn't. He was a developmental piece. They said, oh, he needs time and do this and that. Guess what he had to get thrown in there and it was like, ah, he's serviceable, we can go get better. But yes, he grew into that years though. Okay, so then Joe bro Joe.
Speaker 6: Just got We're asking now, though, are you comfortable with him being your back? I said, yes, you asked me again. If you're shoddy, yes, you know this team got to run? Yes?
Speaker 5: If I am shoddy and a run first, ah, yes, I'm going over the stipulations. What a shoy? What type offense does he run? A run first? It is a run option. It's based off of that. I'm gonna put that boy in there. Let him get the run, let the office start cooking. He gets his confidence and then bomb you might get it a little deep pass off the play action. Okay, you got your deep one off of there, then I can hit you with a little tight end dump right there.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let it Cook.
Speaker 5: Yeah you. And then most importantly the one thing that he did say, like, obviously something here has We've seen guys like Cooper Rush, we've seen guys like Kellen Moore, no slack than none of those guys, guys that we thought should never be playing. But for some reason, the backup here typically always does good enough to where it's like, oh, snap, he can do that. He's already talked about, Hey man, I'm getting stuff here that I didn't have at the Patriots. I have a good leader in that people were actually showing what to do. Like I feel like I am learning way ahead of the curve with me not being the guy, so like you having that opportunity, it's a different environment. So yes, I really do like what he's going to do right here.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we don't have to see it. Hopefully we don't. We don't. I like what I but obviously you know you like him, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yes, put it down development, you know he's the development. Yeah, so you got you down.
Speaker 3: I'm comfortable with Joe, and I like what I'm seeing trade Moore.
Speaker 5: I will say, like me likeing Joe Milton is no more astonine than him jumping off the clips and the wins.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, it's okay.
Speaker 6: What come on here?
Speaker 5: He brings, I don't feel you're not going down, but.
Speaker 6: To take a break on more closer than yours.
Speaker 3: Let's marinate those deep thoughts from Tree as we take a break right here on the.
Speaker 4: Dot. Ten whizes further than Joe Bilt be able to lead this team this sea.
Speaker 6: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reu nice with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for Kickoff, gear up and standout styles. The show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 6: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 10: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 6: To the players.
Speaker 4: Lone Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available. Now get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Cowboys live at at and T City when they host NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants and Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Bikings and Cardinals Cardinal game by Monday night.
Speaker 4: By the way, visit here or oh damn, this is his church.
Speaker 6: You know you got to take it? Who can? That's his last slowing it down?
Speaker 3: Cowboy dot com Business last tickets or seek geek dot Comedy if it's the primary ticket partner other Dallas brother.
Speaker 4: I'm a professional. Never forget that.
Speaker 6: I like I like what that.
Speaker 4: Professional man he talks.
Speaker 6: I professional. Remember, I'm not just I like that random.
Speaker 13: That's why that's why you don't random Negro on Mike Day talking.
Speaker 6: Kimmy talks.
Speaker 5: Yeah in me, I'm sorry for I was not around.
Speaker 13: Too if you don't, Yeah, go ahead, had preview over there. Don't be mad because i'mna study before before, no please, And then guess what Barry got the third one?
Speaker 6: Pay me fist more bucks. But you know you're.
Speaker 3: In by aristocrat gaming, Barry Church straight, Anthony drugs, cowboys. Gotta get this roster down to fifty three by tomorrow, clock tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Gotta get things. It's done already, loft off eight guys.
Speaker 3: But outside of l coms, nobody really significance that you would know right now what you got.
Speaker 5: Man, it's funny. I just throw a little monkey ranch in there, you know. Going in between our break, went to the restroom, walked by seeing everything out there. You know, me being a former player reminiscent, I'm like, man, I should still be out there.
Speaker 6: But you sitting there saying, don't laugh.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm telling you get out there too, the way that people have been playing. I got two plays for you, exactly, I got I gotta get yes. But while I'm thinking, you said, like that, listen name it was only eight players, Like do you remember how that felt like to go out there and still go through a whole practice today? Like oh snap, they started cutting a few people and it's like I think I'm good or it's like all right, you start doing the math and you looking around like practice is a little bit lighter today, and you go out there and have your best practice and to know as soon as you walk off the field, the grim Reaper is sitting.
Speaker 4: Right there and said, see that's the shady.
Speaker 5: That's the shady part of the game as a practice, and that's and I just bring I just bring that up because like I'm walking by there and I'm like, man, I really want to be out there. And it's like, technically this is really the worst day because some people are already gone. You're nervous, and it's like man, I can't even really focus on this last day, and you really think one is already done, Like the list is already there. Nothing that you're gonna do today is really just gonna change unless I'm knock gonna would lest somebody gets hurt. Like that day during the walkthrough, it's already done. So you got the young guys really going in there giving it. They're all them potentially leaving it out there to know that like oh yeah, good job in practice day, bro.
Speaker 6: But you're still up out of here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you got some vet that's gonna be mad after practice that he came up here and wasted this whole day.
Speaker 4: That's I don't see that happen a bunch of times.
Speaker 5: You should have told me that, And so that's why it's like you think about Leo Collins and it's like, shoot, Lisa, I didn't get that extra about me, Like extra five hundred dollars ain't worth it.
Speaker 6: It's like, bra I get one extra day of a pays worth.
Speaker 5: But it's like, bra I could have been at home already going through this and one thing.
Speaker 7: A lot of people at home, y'all don't y'all don't know. Like training camp is probably like the worst part of football season, and it's the time where you get paid the least amount of money while you're going through it.
Speaker 6: No matter who you are.
Speaker 7: You might have a camp bone this or this or that, but everybody only getting paid them little bitty scraps throughout.
Speaker 4: The most label.
Speaker 5: The two practices that you're gonna do because they're gonna figure out how to do a speed will walk through. Then you're gonna have your real practice. Then you're gonna have your meat practice about four five hours. Then if you want to be good at your job, what they say you got to come in and do some extra work and.
Speaker 6: Study, so you eating living, sleeping there.
Speaker 5: And then it's like for a young guy coming fresh out of college, it's like, yeah, I'm just happy that I'm getting paid because I was doing this for free.
Speaker 6: Well it is.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking from when I was university.
Speaker 5: You know, watch out, get out of here. Like before it was like you did it for free, you was appreciated. Now they're taking paid cuts. But like to go through that, you're like, oh, man, but to be a VET, a guy that get paid half a million dollars a game check or something like that, and you only get maybe uh it might be an eight hundred dollars a thousand dollars check or something like that, like if if that, And it's like, bro, you really brought me up here as a VET, a guy that is on the proven like a bubble roster guy.
Speaker 6: You got that last day of work, give me my game check.
Speaker 4: Like Thomas said, volunteers not.
Speaker 5: What that's a that's what he said. That was a passively aggressive volunteer, Like I ain't tell.
Speaker 6: You the volunteer but they used to get boys. They used to They still getting them. I just I just told you what I just seen.
Speaker 5: They're gonna full speed like I've seen the bags going special team drill. I'm like, man, I was over there feeding them by the mouth and somebody they don't knowing you to compete, if you know.
Speaker 7: But the boys out there, not like guys already filled up like that.
Speaker 5: That's why you a glimpse. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I was up here with it. Man, I'm going to the d C beating room with everybody, because they got the real up there. They got the reals and they got Actually, if you go on to camp when we added in Ox nine, you know, the coaches have their own beating room, you know.
Speaker 6: And you know they ain't no place the highestuff drop.
Speaker 8: If you go in there, usually the only coach is supposed to be in there, but you know sometimes wandering here, they got the depth chart and at the bottom they got bubble, the name on the bubble.
Speaker 4: Then they got cut on there.
Speaker 14: Tofore the for the preseason game even start, you got hold on my man is about to get cut before you about play boy, it was man it's like dangle in there.
Speaker 5: And I didn't start playing the game within the game until probably about year four. Like I'll never forget when I found out through the media that I got cut at the Raiders. Yeah, that's a whole nother story. Yeah, del my coach and Reggie McKenzie with my gym. Oh yeah, man, I'm still mad about that. But like literally I was out there and practice. Remember how anyway we could talk about this later we talked about but yes, I found out through the media, like don and turning up. My mom called me five to six times. I'm like, Mom, stopped calling. My dad called me two times. I'm like, okay, possn't never call me.
Speaker 6: I answered. He said, hey, man, you're good. Your mama worried about you in your job. Yeah, I'm good man.
Speaker 5: You know what I normally and not a good heart practice guy. But y'all know I go dad, I'm practicing hard. I literally just knocked out the running hold on, let me call you Ray, he said, all right, be safe, I love you.
Speaker 6: So I just hung up the phone.
Speaker 5: As soon as I hung up the phone, Raiders had parted ways with former third round pick of New York Johnson de Montree more and then all of a sudden, I hear the back door open and that real behind me.
Speaker 6: He just says, oh, man, I was trying to I was trying to get to you before it broke to you.
Speaker 5: And you know, ipples already known this the hot and being like mad about stuff, but like you know, I'm trying to break every negative stereotype that they have about me. You know, the guy that lost his job for fighting being hot. He says, you found out and I'm just sitting there in my head.
Speaker 4: I'm mad.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, bro, what are you saying?
Speaker 6: I promising right hand took the Bible. I promise you. He came up.
Speaker 5: Man, I was trying to get before the news got to you. Man, Like, we really love what we love what you're doing. Man, you're practicing hard, but like we're just gonna have to part way and of course themself, like I'm trying to play the game within the game, and oh yeah, it's a cool coach, Like, no, y'all really got a great thing going on here. Y'all got a young team, y'all got prove servant Khalil Mack. Like, man, he said, yeah, but if the opportunity is there and you're available. We're gonna bring you back during the season. Yes, coach, I would love to be back here. Boy.
Speaker 6: I sit there and got home and I was like, I can't believe he got me. What do you say?
Speaker 5: We can laugh about this now because players lounge it's a safe place, as my dog Ken Norton used to say, DC is coordinating safe place.
Speaker 6: So I can tell y'all that.
Speaker 5: But at that time, when I tell you I was so hot for the next two years, I thought about that. I just like every time every time. You know, my God, my God loves me. Though you know I didn't. I didn't have a job there for long. You know, somebody else to have it too long after.
Speaker 6: Happened.
Speaker 5: But the way this business goes, I tell you that to say that, you really never know how these chips can fall. So to see the respect that they like I said that was displayed to Elsie.
Speaker 6: Not coming here and they get off, could be like thinking about that now, bro oh man, man, man, what do you saying? I'm here? Like, there's no such thing as a mistake.
Speaker 5: It's only a mistake if you don't learn from And when I say learn from it, you better start listening to coaches when they say turn your phones off during meet and stuff, because if my phone was off, I would have got the alert.
Speaker 6: Crazy after it was after a formal player or two, I already know where his demeanor is. Probably, like.
Speaker 5: I say now, I kept it so professionally everything I told I was so proud. I called Joey bringing up. I said, hey, man, I'm mad that I found out through the media. He said, hold on, you know you're good. You need to talk no, man, because I actually practice hard this time, like I'm good. I listened all out there on the steel and then he was like, you sure you are?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I said no, I got on another team, and I thought about it. I said he got he got me. You know how you think about it later on you wake up and sleep.
Speaker 6: He played me earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Reggie McKinsey the gym.
Speaker 5: He wasn't there that week. He wasn't there that weekend. I love my dogar Reggie. Reggie would not let me go down like that.
Speaker 6: I know not. He wouldn't have got the free labor off of real man fresh out the.
Speaker 5: Shower too, Like, oh man, do I need to put on my regular clothes? Or do I need to put on my T mood clothes and bring my hot pad me. No, just get trusted. Just put on the T shirt and shorts and that real. Just want to have to talk with you real quick. You know what I call myself being smart. I left my shoes and everything. Like I'm gonna walk over there barefoot. Boy, I have to walk back barefoot like they you know me, like that was really gonna stop. Nope, Nope, it's real. Two extra trips. Go get my shoes and go get my I pad.
Speaker 6: To turn it back in.
Speaker 4: This is a good therapy session.
Speaker 6: It was. Man, appreciate players take place.
Speaker 4: Players lines man, you wont know.
Speaker 5: I know you always you've been on the media, so you get those reports like gonna make it this and that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it like Clarence hill Man, this is about got cut mister fourth and gone.
Speaker 4: No, that was that's family read.
Speaker 3: All that is worse was mister fourth sport the longsport and go.
Speaker 6: Wow. He said, this is gonna go viral. This's go's go get appreciate you. You're a good guy.
Speaker 7: But Clarence, you know, you know, you know, you don't pull no punches Sometimes man, he's gonna he's gonna give them to.
Speaker 6: You either.
Speaker 4: Last year, how long you ember tell you're still carrying it?
Speaker 6: What I'm carrying all that? What? And gone?
Speaker 4: Man, my family read.
Speaker 5: Man, you know how, and you gotta once you get over it, like your family, like your real family that ain't gonna make fun of you. But then like once they see you not hurt, they want to break it up.
Speaker 6: Every now.
Speaker 5: I remember when that happened, you'd be like.
Speaker 6: Laughing about it. Gone, that's why, and that's why you bad, right dirty?
Speaker 4: Actually it was at the meeting last year, dirty Max, and.
Speaker 3: They brought because it was because Jesse and claims Now work in the same spot.
Speaker 4: And then Jesse brought it up.
Speaker 3: Wheah, it's good to be here with class, even though you did me dirty going on.
Speaker 4: I started laughing the first time I heard it. I never read the head last time laughed. Oh want you laughing. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 6: It's dirty work, but it's real fun. It's work, really fun. It's good.
Speaker 3: My family read it and all that stuff. So no, Trey, I don't go searching for.
Speaker 7: But think about it like you was talking about it. Think about dude, like Jimmy Smith who used to play for Jacksonville Jaguarsh.
Speaker 4: He was here cover Jimmy, he was here.
Speaker 6: He got cut eleven times.
Speaker 3: Keenan Allen when I was covered eleven times, I covered Cleveland. Keenan Allen would get cut three to four times a year by Belichick, just be hanging out, bringing back, bringing cutting we needed needed building Spider cut keen and cut. Keene kept cutting, but eventually Keenan and Jimmy Smith right there in Jacksonville ball and putting up.
Speaker 6: Keyshawn not Sean.
Speaker 4: What's his name was Keenan Keenan McCardell.
Speaker 3: That's not card Keenan, Cardiff Cardiff keen good dude, man.
Speaker 6: He's coaching coach.
Speaker 3: When I was in Jacksonville, Trey got the Jacksonville jack shirt on it.
Speaker 4: We're taking a break right here playing that.
Speaker 6: I could believe that one ball.
Speaker 15: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 6: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 15: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out. Build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie, available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie King.
Speaker 16: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one. Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Canes Rules, Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunite with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling Problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 4: To the players Line.
Speaker 5: The Weekend is bringing the After Hours Till Dawn Tour the Stadium to AT and T Stadium on August twenty seventh to twenty eight Catch the All News Show in support of the Full Album Trilogy with Playboycardi and special guests Mike Dean. Yes, Mike Dean will be there, just as Barry Church and Yes Her Life will be there. Hopefully they can give me an extra ticket. I'm calling them the lifeline, but if first, so he doesn't get me a ticket, I'm gonna do like you guys should do, go over and get your tickets. Today is seek geek dot com, the official technique partner of AT and T Stadium. I'm probably gonna have to go there because my omega friend mister Newie is not gonna call in a favor from.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'll be at see geek dot com.
Speaker 3: But you put a little spring on it to rather dazzle on.
Speaker 4: See what you do. But now I appreciate not going.
Speaker 6: I'm not going exactly. So you say that you're the weekend.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's not like I have tickets and I'm just not going.
Speaker 5: I know you're going. But the tickets that you would have if you chose to go, you can give.
Speaker 6: Them to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 5: And then like I'm gonna pull up and they're gonna say it's gonna say new name on there.
Speaker 6: But when I pull up there and like, ye word, I'm here, gotcha. We thought of emmy, we got them.
Speaker 3: I can't do nothing for you, man, brother, I can't do nothing for you, man. I'm busy trying to do for wow. Terry McLaurin Signday ninety six million dollars.
Speaker 6: The man paid the man.
Speaker 4: They found some money.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Still he over there like maybe they got taping layout on the practice.
Speaker 6: My boy was posted up, bro watch out. He was.
Speaker 5: No, that was that he was. It's kind of bad, but no, that was that. We all in the third preseason game. You know, most vets aren't paying attention and this and that. They're sitting up eating something some flower.
Speaker 6: But you at least yeah, yeah, I mean it's for me. What he only waited there for? Was it? Was it a minute?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 4: It doesn't doesn't he could he could even a chill on the bench.
Speaker 6: Half he could have he could have look it looked.
Speaker 3: Bad and it gets shot having an answer it afterwards everything, Thank you shot. He's trying to I didn't really know, so you got to get all that. No, that's not neat. It's not neat. At the end of the day, Micah can have his feelings about what's going on. Should he be paid, Yes, all that should have been number yes, all that whatever. It's Jones, Jerry Jones is saying that we had a deal.
Speaker 6: All that.
Speaker 3: You still can control how you go out there. You just represent yourself. And not have your coach look like, hey man, this dude he knew he knew on the job.
Speaker 4: And got laid here by then hand out.
Speaker 6: Here and it didn't You're right.
Speaker 5: Perception is everything, And I will just say this to be players advocate, because this is the players now. All I'm saying is that for somebody that has done everything right up until this point, like I get it. I'm not about to say you this wasn't me personally, just I'm gonna give you grace, Like just how we say know your personality.
Speaker 6: This is a guy that.
Speaker 5: We gotten to know through the media that's saying that that's done the holdings and done everything the right way. So to just come out here and just say, hey man, you shouldn't have been doing that. Yes, you shouldn't have been doing that. Be aware of your surroundings. So yes, it's that your fault, it is. But so I'm gonna give you a little grace, Like we all know that third game, unless you're really playing, unless you saying, hey man, we're talking about which rookie is gonna make it, and you know, we really know some stuff that's going on the end of the line, you're not paying attention.
Speaker 4: Name me a player you've seen laying down on the training table like.
Speaker 6: That, I've seen. I've seen a lot.
Speaker 5: They just don't get the pictures taking care because they're you're not Michael Parsons. Guess you're not in that position. But I've seen it plenty of time. I've seen players like.
Speaker 4: You're feeding, you feed, You're feeding the beast here.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna feed the beast.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just saying he'st Mike, You're beast by doing that.
Speaker 5: No, exactly, And that's why I guess that's the only part that I would say. I'm a little disappointed as far as that, Like, Michael, you know, the eyes are always on you. But that's if if this was that one moment of where it's like, yo, I'm frustrated, like I'm gonna cut you a little bit more.
Speaker 4: We know you're frustrated. We know we get it, you know, Dak when we get it.
Speaker 5: So do you think that was that was a calculated like malicious intent, like oh, like I want to publicly display my frustration.
Speaker 6: Yeah you think you know? Okay, yeah, yeah, standing on that thee.
Speaker 3: Ye, I say, because he's frightening mad but it's just like the end of the day man, exactly.
Speaker 6: And don't.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I'm the pre game guys, they knew he was gonna happen. Oh, I'll tell you, billionaire pays millionaire. That's gonna be the headline as it always is. And and it's just a matter of does he set the record at his position or does he tight that's it.
Speaker 4: We know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't like the game, but you're in the blender, and the owner of the billionaire can go ahead and blend you in there, and he'll decide when he wants. But when you come out of it, guess what you're going to have. Generational Well, I wish Jerry Jones would treat me like treat me going out here Fox and Friends and Michael Irving's podcast and say whatever you want to because I know how it ends. I'm a pen in my hand, it gonna be a piece of paper. I'm gonna be smiling, and that's generational wealth coming my way, just like he was for CD, just like he was for Dak Tank. Lawrence got his money when he sat up there and told us, you know what, Zack Mark got a contract, Jack markin stay at home.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Zach Martin got his money, Ezekiel Ellen got his I mean Bari Cooper got his money and got his money exactly.
Speaker 4: And so so you tripping, but you young. I get him if I was young too.
Speaker 3: But this is where you know, agent B we're gonna get paid. They like, what church when church was out here.
Speaker 5: Literally, I don't know what's gonna happens, gonna happen.
Speaker 4: We know what's gonna happen. We know what's gonna happen. Come on, man, So.
Speaker 5: That's why, and I guess that's why if that really was the case, is like, yeah, I am upset because you've been playing the game so well into this final end.
Speaker 6: Don't give him that rope. Like and with not giving them.
Speaker 5: That rope, I'm also sitting there saying, like, I want to have some grace because as soon as he's signed this contract, obviously he's going to be happy. Obviously Jerry's going to be happy. But those same media folks that sit there and say, oh, this is disrespectful. All this is that, oh, now you're putting out your you're you're putting a narrative out there to leave room for people to say, oh, you're selfish and you're not thinking about the team, when he's been everything the complete opposite of it being there being president. And so that's why I guess I'm trying to say, I want to give him a little bit of grace everything he's done beforehand, and.
Speaker 3: Michael Parson is in a position that a whole lot of other people.
Speaker 4: Are not, especially a defensive play. You can make money.
Speaker 5: Off the field, crazy okay, which he is already, right, but.
Speaker 3: But you know what I also wanted an all time I want all of the people to hey man, no matter what, he gonna keep it like Jack Preson, I'm gona keep it a class. I'm going that that stuff you want to make sure you keep because I mean, I tell you all time, man, Drew Person caught pass in ninety eight three. He's still making money if being a cowboy. You know, so right, it's right. You can do this for a long time, as you've witnessed with your father. Hey Man, just you're frustrated, but yeah, but just chill man. There's so play the longer game.
Speaker 5: And that's where your agent's come in to play, because I'm telling you like I can't tell you how many times, Like I told you that was the story with the del Rio situation earlier, Like I had a guy like Jobie bringing in my ear saying, hey man, this is your narrative.
Speaker 6: Keep this going, play this long game.
Speaker 5: He's gotten a lot of people play, so like your agent plays a lot more into that, not just the negotiations side of it, like let me be the bad guy, let me do all this to where they say do that.
Speaker 6: So yes, I do understand what that.
Speaker 5: But like I said, the player and me will be remiss if I didn't sit here and say, let's give this brother some grace for everything else that he's done and being the great leader that he has been, Like don't let a temporary lapse in judgment be a defining moment, Like we're turning this into a moment. And I because I've seen and like I said, I'm triggered because I seen messages on Twitter and Instagram, like when people are posting this time about oh, how selfish he is, and it's like these are the same posts that were just.
Speaker 4: Saying you read Yeah, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just I don't care what I'm saying is this agent even getting the opportunity to be the bad guy?
Speaker 7: From what I keep hearing, there ain't no communication between the Joneses and the agent, so the agent ain't getting a chance to like actually fulfill his role. You know what's going on. And Satan Todd friends went through the same thing. But you know, guess what, at some point you're still getting. At some point in time, they're gonna call because there's this thing.
Speaker 4: Called the season coming out. They needed.
Speaker 6: Ten days, it's about to be the We're going At.
Speaker 4: Some point in time, it's gonna call.
Speaker 3: And you know what they do with the way they operate, they start calling, They crunching, then get the deal done.
Speaker 6: So man, just be on cruise control of these next few days.
Speaker 5: All you need to do is work out and be like, man, I can't wait, I can't wait to sign.
Speaker 4: That work on that bad back he got door set. Well that's what he's saying.
Speaker 6: Why you gotta end on the negative note? Come on close this side.
Speaker 4: Please thanks for showing up. Poll time trade.
Speaker 6: I appreciation that great church.
Speaker 4: Take care suck.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.