Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us, Ryanair Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: SeaQuest with you. Good morning.
Speaker 4: Nice to have you guys with us. Thanks for checking in on this January twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: Excuse me have the hiccup?
Speaker 1: That's so cute?
Speaker 3: You hear that?
Speaker 1: I sure did. Wow, that's going to stick around for a minute.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think it's because I drink my coffee from a straw.
Speaker 1: Oh. I've been doing that too.
Speaker 2: It gives me more It gives me hiccups, It gives you more air, like you're swallowing.
Speaker 3: Here's you more air?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, especially when it's hot, right, Yeah, that's so hard to do that, you know.
Speaker 3: I for twenty years I drank coffee like regular people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now my dentist said, hey, how do you drink your coffee? And I was like, out of the cup. He said no, no, no, how do you take it? I said, well, it can't be black enough? He like, I want it darker, you know, if it's if it's if it's black, make it darker.
Speaker 3: It's it's tar. Basically because I like a straw.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 4: So you said you got to start drinking from a straw, you know, otherwise your teeth are gonna look like you know, tarmac. Yep, I started, and it's a bit awkward because you're not used to it. Now I can't help myself. I like it with a straw. But it gives you a hiccup?
Speaker 2: Is that just because you drink your coffee black? Because I drink my more like a latte with milk in it. So well, yours is a lighter shade, right, And that's what I'm saying, So it wouldn't be as less stain.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, butch great.
Speaker 4: They say red clining coffee. My two favorite things really stain your teeth, you know. So I walk around with those crust white strips. You ever put those on those?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh? Mark, you do two?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you did a commercial for Crest It was actually Crest Enscope.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the best, the best indoors.
Speaker 4: When ever, it makes so much sense, try and Seacrest for Crest stroke so good.
Speaker 7: It's so funny that you're talking about the straw, because I too am drinking from a straw, and because I just got my teeth bleached, I have to scrape my tongue after I finished my coffee immediately.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's your tongue have to do with your teeth?
Speaker 7: Because the the whatever, the brown particles, they stay on your tongue and then it just stays around your teeth. So you have to really get everything off because they're because my teeth are freshly bleached, so they're gonna be like susceptible to more gunk.
Speaker 4: How did you bleach them at my dentist? Is that that thing that hurts like it?
Speaker 3: I tried it.
Speaker 1: You just had to sit there for like an hour, right hour?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they cover your gums and stuff, so it's really I didn't find it to be painful.
Speaker 4: Can I smile and show me your teeth and sistany show me yours?
Speaker 3: Same?
Speaker 1: Ah, freshly bleached? I bleached. I got mine whitened maybe like three or four years ago.
Speaker 3: I just throw on those little white strips and walk around the house.
Speaker 1: I use those regularly and it's great.
Speaker 7: Well, they told me not to drink coffee for five days, and I was like, I absolutely cannot do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, okay, going to another dentist for that. All right, let's see what do we got here? Wednesday, midweek, Tomorrow night is fire aid la partly sunny. Today Hi's in the lowest sixties. Looks like it's gonna warm up for the weekend, so that's kind of nice. But it is cold at night. You can't really, you know, just go outside and linger. You gotta bundle up it linger, or.
Speaker 1: Like even opening windows.
Speaker 2: I like to open a window when I cook, and then it just makes the kitchen so cold.
Speaker 3: Now I know it's too cold.
Speaker 4: And oh, so you're cooking, Mari, Are you paying attention to that rule you made in the new year not ordering as much in sure, give or take?
Speaker 3: Or when you say when I cooked once, when I.
Speaker 2: Cooked that one time? No, yeah, I'm still cooking.
Speaker 3: I'm popcorn that one time I didn't check in. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly very healthy, which because everyone around me is dropping like flies, like with whatever.
Speaker 1: The flu is going around getting.
Speaker 2: Sick and all that, and we all got it around the holidays, so we're done. Like I feel like I've got antibodies and stuff. Yeah, everyone got it. Everyone got that nasty flu that everyone got basically.
Speaker 3: So tany you must be next because she's had it and brought it.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're not putting that energy out the desert like December twentieth, like it's long gone.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you get the I didn't get the flu this season.
Speaker 7: I didn't either, and I have littlely have wellness pills in my pocket as we speak.
Speaker 1: I got the flu shot pills and the flu. They're like elder barrier or something that's reasons elder berries.
Speaker 3: Have you ever tried?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think it's a regano oil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I almost killed myself.
Speaker 3: I put too much in my mouth.
Speaker 7: So that stuff a regan is so good if you feel like you're getting sick.
Speaker 4: However, you must dose yourself, right, because I just took that little test tube de Leo squort scored squirt strong.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It almost makes you ill if you put too much in there. Correct.
Speaker 1: Did you read oil instruction?
Speaker 3: It's oil of oregano, not oil. Yes?
Speaker 2: Is this a sierra sit in the chat the other day when everyone was getting sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like try these Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: It's.
Speaker 3: Not all right. Let's see what do we have? Free money coming up?
Speaker 4: We're gonna play the match game too. Kendrick Lamar tickets every hour. So if you are trying to figure out what your.
Speaker 3: Day might be like.
Speaker 4: Maybe I got started off the wrong way. Perhaps you spilt coffee on your carpet like I did. Oh spilt coffee on my way out on my carpet.
Speaker 3: I had to put it.
Speaker 4: I had to go, So I just put a towel with just a wet towel down and stopped on it.
Speaker 3: When I get home, I'll see.
Speaker 1: If the stains at least you wet it. Oh yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I thought. I I thought that's how you get the stains down there.
Speaker 1: So you should have pord some club soda on it, and then walked out.
Speaker 3: Why don't I don't have club soda?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who has club soda?
Speaker 3: I've kombucha?
Speaker 1: What that might work? Actually I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't use club soda.
Speaker 2: You don't have club soda at your house? Like a Lacroix, even like a flavored one.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, not this girl either. Okay, Well have one for stains. Okay, start with yes aries.
Speaker 7: Teamwork makes the dream work at work and at home.
Speaker 2: Taurus, try a brain teaser to get out of your head.
Speaker 7: Gem and I spend a little time in nature during your lunch break.
Speaker 2: Cancer the answer you've been seeking will become clear today.
Speaker 7: Leo, that purchase you've been debating, Today's the day to buy.
Speaker 2: Virgo, tiptoe around the topic. Don't jump right in Libra.
Speaker 7: Nothing is too big if you break it down into manageable pieces. Scorpio, big first date. Just beat yourself, sag Cherius. Today you'll find joy in the mundane Capricorn. You'll get an exciting call today. Aquarius, you'll get easily distracted today.
Speaker 2: Try to focus and pissis get ahead on some major goals.
Speaker 4: So wrap that around your head. I'm looking for my major call today. I can't wait.
Speaker 10: You guys don't have Pellegrino, tobo Chico like none of that, Just like in your house.
Speaker 3: I don't like bubbles.
Speaker 1: What if someone comes over and they want tequila soda? You you don't know. You can't offer that.
Speaker 4: No, just a lot of people and not a lot of people coming through the door. I'm not running I'm not running a bar byob Next time I come to your when you live with me myself and I you get what you like.
Speaker 1: You don't have people over a while, I feel like you would have who what like just people over friends over friends?
Speaker 4: I have over some times, but not just people. Yeah right, nobody drinks lacroix.
Speaker 10: It's such a common drink to have in a average got mark.
Speaker 3: I got some malf and we.
Speaker 1: Have coffee, almond milk and water.
Speaker 10: Everything.
Speaker 3: Mini cans of sprite like.
Speaker 2: I have those many cans of sprite as well, and ginger ale and honest juices for the kids.
Speaker 3: Well, people should come over to your place.
Speaker 1: I know I have an array of selection.
Speaker 3: Let's give the back room a little love.
Speaker 4: If you can picture this, So the three of us are in one room with microphones. We see each other very close to each other, and then there's a glass window, and behind that glass window we can see.
Speaker 3: Let's see what we got.
Speaker 4: We can see Mikayla, we can see Ruby, yes matteract, Ruby's got a microphone in front of her in the broom. You know, people will people who don't come over to the house will come up to me and say, what's that back room all about?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me what is the back room?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's it's just it's it's a room that's behind the main studio, but we can see through. It's got a glass and it's just protected so that you can answer the phones, and we don't hear all of that.
Speaker 3: Right, it's the operator room.
Speaker 4: Yes, So in the back room we got Ruby, Jen, Mikayla Elsie, newest staff member to the team.
Speaker 3: Elsie, come here for a sec.
Speaker 9: She's on the phone.
Speaker 1: She's literally not listening to you at all.
Speaker 3: Right now, that's what most new staff members do.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If they're answering phones, they have like the whole headset on for the phone, so they can't hear the show when that's happening.
Speaker 3: What a speaker on?
Speaker 1: What's happening right now?
Speaker 3: So I'll see how long have you been here?
Speaker 1: I think I'm a month in now, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a month in? Yeah? And what is the worst thing about working with us?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have to wake up early, but that's just on my end.
Speaker 9: It's okay, though, I'm meant for the five am life.
Speaker 3: Really you like to huh?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walt After a few years.
Speaker 1: It's been a few years.
Speaker 4: Really, because I remember Ellen k one of the greatest of all time. Yes, when I started working with Ellen, she goes, because Ellen has been you know, on the morning show for a long time before man after.
Speaker 1: Me, She was on with Rick D before you exactly.
Speaker 3: Rick D's in the morning.
Speaker 1: That's right, like I went.
Speaker 2: I grew up listening to them driving to high school, listening to them in the Birthday game and all that.
Speaker 3: Say too. I used to listen to Rick d'z tell me what schools were having for lunch.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yes, he'd read the cafeteria menu Rick Ds. Anyway, so Ellen said to me, because you know at that time, I believe we were starting at five am, like the show was live at five. Yeah, and you were up at three fifteen, three forty five, four o'clock.
Speaker 3: And I said to Ellen, this isn't great. She's oh, no, no, no, you get used to it. I when.
Speaker 4: Like in a year, five years, ten fifteen, been here twenty years, see you never And by the way, you're getting here late. Five's late. Ellen wanted to me here at four thirty.
Speaker 2: It's different, though I understand what Ellen's saying, because there is some sort of you kind of get.
Speaker 1: Used to it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that's true.
Speaker 2: And maybe being a mom, you kind of feel like because kids get up so early, like I haven't slept in since.
Speaker 7: Well, I do feel like you're either a morning person or a night owl, Like you cannot be a morning a night owl.
Speaker 1: I'm both? No chance?
Speaker 3: Are you both? Are you really? Because on the weekends you're in night out.
Speaker 2: I wake up super early and I still go to bed super late.
Speaker 1: No, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, don't yell at her. You don't sleep with her.
Speaker 1: Gosh she would if she could.
Speaker 3: No, So what I'm gonna do it?
Speaker 4: Just marked this when when we finished this show, whatever year it's over, I am going to have to think about that. Well, at some point, I'm going to sleep till ten.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work out. Tanya. You don't sleep with me either, So what do you need?
Speaker 1: You're not gonna sleep till ten?
Speaker 2: She's right, you're not. Your body clock is already conditioned. Even on the weekends, I still wake up same six thirty.
Speaker 4: Is like I'm gonna have dinner at nine pm and be one of those people a nine pm dinner.
Speaker 1: So European of you, exactly, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna I'm gonna come in with an accent. That's not we we we we we seafoo play.
Speaker 3: Do you go to the gym? Are you're on your way la fitness? What's up?
Speaker 4: If you're on the staringmaster, the treadmill. Maybe you're doing some dips right now, Good for you.
Speaker 3: Get it done.
Speaker 4: So there's a study that says you're gonna feel better about your workout, You're gonna feel better about your body, You're gonna be less tired, you're gonna be more calm after workout if you avoid these.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious. That's a lot of benefits.
Speaker 3: Of the three of us. Time. You likes these more than we do.
Speaker 1: But she likes them, but she should avoid them.
Speaker 3: Well, she should have.
Speaker 4: She wants to be calm, get a better workout and all that keegels?
Speaker 1: Wow, you love those?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Doing them right now?
Speaker 3: Well, you couldn't do those hidden? Those are secret exercises. I do them while we're here too.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can, Ryan, Oh, yes they can. I can actually, can you tell?
Speaker 3: And there's a benefit to that strength?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So what is it?
Speaker 3: Mirrors?
Speaker 1: Oh? How do you know if you're doing it right? If you don't look in a mirror?
Speaker 3: Uh, you need a mirror to tell if your exercise is correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Okay, when I'm working out in my garage, I don't have mirrors in there, and I do feel like you kind of just power through the workout. You're feeling good, you're listening to music, and then before you know what, the hours is gone. When we're at other places like areas or something like that, the whole room is covered in mirrors, and I'm like, feeling myself someting good, and I sit down on the bench and then I see my reflection. I was like, ah, I thought it was feeling really good.
Speaker 1: And that's what I love about it right now.
Speaker 2: That's why my long hat like sit pouring out of me and so stripped off mirrors.
Speaker 4: Take today's quote, one of the first signs of real love is the moment you realize that someone is trying their very best to understand you, actually care enough to try and understand why you're so weird, sweet, You're so you, why you're so unique. Maybe that's a better work.
Speaker 3: Just FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 2: The La City Council will consider a one year freeze on increasing rent to prevent evictions of residents who were displaced by the fires. A long stretch of the ocean will be identically will be indefinitely closed.
Speaker 1: Due to debris runoff from the wildfires.
Speaker 2: Beach goers should avoid the wa and the sand from Malibu to Santa Monica. Governor Gavin Newsom launched La Rises yesterday, an initiative to support victims and businesses affected by the Eton and Palisades fires. Magic Johnson revealed a one hundred million dollar donation from the Dodgers Foundation for Recovery and rebuilding, and the Jonas Brothers are reuniting with Disney to produce a Star in a in a Christmas comedy movie slated for this coming holiday season.
Speaker 4: So Pamela, remember Pamela, She called in She was in Marno Valley. She was on our way to a job interview. Yes, and she called and she said she was a little bit nervous, excited about the job interview, and we role played the questions the supervisor.
Speaker 1: Made right right, Remember that? Yeah, I remember her being so giggly too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were having a giddy old time. So Pamela was back on the air. She did the job interview. We had not spoken and sins, but how to go?
Speaker 3: Hi guys.
Speaker 6: It went well.
Speaker 5: I want to thank you. I want to thank you so much for helping me get the giggles out.
Speaker 6: I arrived early, I arrived early. I thought about your questions. I actually FaceTime my daughter.
Speaker 5: I told her how giggly I was with you guys, and I asked her to ask me the questions and calmed me down and we went over. But you guys with were going over with me. And she she knows me, she knows me well, she knows my history, and so we talked through it together and she really gave me some really good feedback. I talked to her and when I got in there, they basically asked me the same things.
Speaker 6: And I was ready. I was prepared. I felt so good, and that got me a second interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love this.
Speaker 4: You cannot ever overlook preparation for anything. Preparation is such a it's such an easy thing to do. Fewer people prepare. I find fewer people prepare. All you got to do is prepare and you did.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, very good. My daughter wanted me to tell you. She wanted me to say thank you Ryan for doing that for her. Mommy. She told me to tell you that specifically.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is, Ashley, Ashley Ashley, and I prepared mom for the first interview.
Speaker 3: Now you got to go back for a second one.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I'm so very good. I really want this position. So I am so thankful for you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, well you are is so welcome.
Speaker 4: I appreciate just leaning into the trust factor here and letting us chat with you about it while you were literally on your way interview one. Check, now you've got a second one? Is this the last one?
Speaker 5: And I'm this is the last one, And I'm so glad I'd made it to that. I'm just it's so exciting, so ecstatic. This will be such a life changing thing for me.
Speaker 6: I mean, I tell twenty twenty five, I tell the universe this is what I want, this is what I need, and it's you know, it's opening up.
Speaker 4: I'm just so happy you're manifesting. You put it out there in the university and you manifested it's all true. Well, that stuff works. You put it out You got to put it out there, put it out there in a positive way. Well, Pamela, you and actually have a great day. Call us back after interview number two.
Speaker 3: Let us know if you get the gig, Ryan, can you do me a savor?
Speaker 6: Can you say hello to Colleen for me? Because she's your biggest fan and she's my other daughter. She's in Las Vegas, and can you say hello to Colleen and Las Vegas. She wills to see me over the moon.
Speaker 4: Used to about Colleen, of Pamela and Ashley, of all of them, they're wonderful, but you have the best taste, Colleen. Thank you for that. The fan ship. Because Pamela, she's white, she's into it. Ashley seems fine, but you actually are a fan and that puts you in a different lake. And I appreciate that. Colleen in Las Vegas. Next time we're in Las Vegas. When I get off the plane and I walk out of the airport, I'm just going to shout, Colleen, shef you around. Next time I run this strip by THEA. So tell Colleen we run the Vegas Strip every iHeart Radio Music Festival Saturday morning. When I say we, the whole staff is invited. But only Tanya showed up.
Speaker 7: Right, And we only did it one year, so it's not every year. But I do like the idea of making any tradition.
Speaker 4: You you did it one year, I've done it for about ten.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I was only invited to one.
Speaker 4: Because you are slow and you are way behind that A whole time First.
Speaker 1: Of all, I was way behind you.
Speaker 4: I had to stop at the Hooters and wait for you slightly.
Speaker 7: I was slightly behind you, but you were weirdly so much.
Speaker 1: I didn't show up. He was wickedly fat. It doesn't sound fun.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm trying to get it in, running up escalators, going through casinos.
Speaker 3: It's it's like an obstacle course.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Pamela, thank you, Colleen, thank you, Ashley, thank you, Pamela.
Speaker 3: Good luck with the gig and let us know.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will thank you so much, big.
Speaker 3: Hugs to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I said to the entire staff, Mikayla Ruby, Elsie Guice.
Speaker 1: Elsie wasn't even working.
Speaker 3: Else should Elsie?
Speaker 4: You should have been there anyway, said hey, tonight is the first night at the festival. Going to bed after this eleven thirty, I'm thirty five. Got a good night's rack. Next morning, woke up. Matter of fact, I woke up earlier than the run, and I texted Tanya and I said, do you want coffee?
Speaker 3: When don't you get you some coffee?
Speaker 1: I was sleep.
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I woke I set my alarm like fifteen minutes before I was supposed to meet you.
Speaker 3: Anyway. So we went.
Speaker 4: We ran the strip. Now, running in the strip it's such a fascinating thing. So you go under tunnels, through bridges, up escalators, you actually go through casinos. Yeah, and you get to the end, you do a U turn and you run all the way back.
Speaker 1: Ryan runs like a gazelle.
Speaker 7: Like, honestly, I was like so shocked by it.
Speaker 1: Why. Yeah, Like he runs and works out all the time.
Speaker 2: I would imagine him to be a skilled runner, which is why I politely declined the offer of running with you.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm a toe runner. You're a heel run.
Speaker 1: No, that's cute. Yeah, you are a toe runner. Your legs look so long, Like I was.
Speaker 7: Like, whoa, it looks like a six foot five guy running down the strip.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that? I'll see I looked six or five. Next run, you better be there.
Speaker 1: She's on the phone again. Different headsets can hear you do.
Speaker 3: Not listen to the wreck. A lot of people are doing this.
Speaker 4: It must not be that expensive because you can just pay for yourself. But if you were to, you know, get to a long weekend, uh huh. A lot of people head to the lake right up to Big Bear for a little skiing. A lot of people go to Palm Springs right there, or like Natures just past Marongo and you get out the palm springs. What about a quietication?
Speaker 3: M what is it? Quiteation? Why is it so popular?
Speaker 1: Peaceful?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's on the rise because everyone's lives are so naturally loud and lots going on, and it's a lot of like get from this place to that place. There's phone sounds and TV sounds and just sounds all around us at all times. So that's kind of where the popularity I think for these quietations coming from. It can be a wellness resort that maybe offers like a noise free breakfast or a walking meditation outdoor walks with just you and the sounds of nature, no had fun and music in your ears. And so we're kind of doing this. And when I was reading this is what got me, you know, thinking about the support. When I was reading this article, I was like, wait a minute, I'm technically doing this this summer with my family. We're going camping and we're going off the grid, like no internet, no phones, like once you're on in the Sequoia National Force, like that's it.
Speaker 3: But you won't be quiet you guys, Well we could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not necessarily being like silent silent. I think it's just more like figure out what works for you and it doesn't have to be the whole time. But maybe there's a moment where it's like, Okay, I'm going to go take a walk by myself, and then you're that's a quiecation.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's getting rid of the the over stimulation. There's a lot of benefits.
Speaker 2: There's a little Yeah, there's a lot of benefits from being in silence. It can help lower your blood pressure, it can stimulate creativity, improve your sleep, calm, racing thoughts.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a movie that's the closest I've ever gotten to a quietcation. Eat Pray, Love, Oh, okay, she goes to a quiet camp basically. Yeah, and I think that you don't. I think you don't talk for a week or ten days.
Speaker 1: See, you were onto it when they made that.
Speaker 4: Movie, But people who have done it say it's the greatest thing ever. I feel like it would induce depression for me.
Speaker 1: No, the quiet m hm, aren't you quiet when you go home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But that's not long.
Speaker 1: No, it's not long.
Speaker 2: But it but okay, so no, then you're not being quiet. You're turning on devices and things like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking anybody.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking to people who won't Lacroix that come by. But this is like when you go, like, take your vacation time. You get so much a year, right, right, would you take your vacation time to just go to a quiet farm?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe, Look at my house is so loud and my life is so loud all the time.
Speaker 3: You would probably like it.
Speaker 4: Like you probably like to get in your car by yourself and just sit in traffic because it's quiet.
Speaker 2: Oh I wish my commute was longer. Yes, there's times I just sit in my driveway.
Speaker 1: I don't go in the house yet.
Speaker 4: I'm not home yet. I'm not home at Michael. I'm just pulling in exactly.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing in the driveway for the last twenty minutes?
Speaker 4: Just just cherish in this moment Wednesday morning, see chrest with you. Thanks for listening to us, whatever you may be doing, even if you just grab a bite of us, you know what I mean, Like a half hour, that's cool. Maybe you listen for a couple hours some of y'all listen to the whole thing, and I appreciate that that's a real commitment. Depends what that commute time is, right, it's eight hundred and five. Who are one to two?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 4: Here a kiss FM? Tell you about going to the Grammys coming up just a little bit. Also more on our iHeartRadio Podcast Awards. But first, Sarah is in Los Felis. Sarah, I quite love it over there in Los Felis.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: How are you doing well? So your friend's getting married?
Speaker 1: She is, Yes, Well that's exciting.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's it's a bit of way. But the wedding I'm fine with. It's it's the it's it's the the oh my gosh, what do you call it?
Speaker 12: We're like taking a trip.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a destination way. Sorry, I couldn't remember the word. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 11: It's in Cabo.
Speaker 1: Sounds fun, that's the problem.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it sounds fun.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal.
Speaker 11: I don't really want to go. So my question is by making a like make up, an excuse or just r s v P.
Speaker 6: No gratifications.
Speaker 11: Well, so here's the thing. It's going to cost me about three grand right, Like, it's an expensive place to go. I could probably afford that, but I don't really want to. There are like way better things. Yeah, there are way better things I could do with three thousand dollars. And it would be different if I was super close to her still, but I feel like we're just not as close as we used to be. I don't particularly love her fiance. He's kind of just like Maura and a lot of people.
Speaker 4: A lot of people love to marry wallpaper, but a lot of people.
Speaker 1: A lot of that is an interesting comment.
Speaker 4: Pick these destination weddings so you don't go. So maybe you were invited to not go.
Speaker 3: You follow me.
Speaker 4: She may have invited you. You're not so close, but she probably expects you to not go. Keeps the numbers down. I mean, Tanya's doing a destination wedding. She find a bunch of people, she gets a third not to want to get.
Speaker 1: It's like helping people don't go. First of all, it's.
Speaker 7: Not true I want a destination because I wanted the warmth I wanted to get. I was so panicked about the weather that I was like, I need to go somewhere where I know it's gonna be warm.
Speaker 3: How about the valley like it's warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be like, no, it's not seventy five degrees this.
Speaker 1: Weekend, that and that week is, and then it rained last weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't yell at us about the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to be stressed about the weather.
Speaker 4: Sarah, I would not feel bad about this. She actually doesn't want you to come, that's why she invites.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Ye, definitely, I just don't feel bad about not going. But I would still just decline and send a gift.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would not come up with an excuse. I would not come up with some excuse.
Speaker 1: I think, excuse, you know, but your excuse is it's too expensive.
Speaker 2: You don't need to go down the rabbit hole of like I could spend three thousand dollars somewhere else. That's way more important than you. Yes, less is more. Send in your RSVP, Love you lots, xoxo.
Speaker 4: Like Sarah, when I get married, I'm gonna invite everyone and help no one comes.
Speaker 3: No, I mean that.
Speaker 6: Does make a lot of sense.
Speaker 11: This doesn't make a lot of sense for sure.
Speaker 3: That's it right here, the voice of reason. Well, thank you very much, Sarah for Colin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You take care and enjoying your weekend.
Speaker 2: On We over invited and ours wasn't even a destination wedding. I was hoping people wouldn't come, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone showed up.
Speaker 2: Or my dad was like, oh, invite all your cousins and they're not going to travel all the way.
Speaker 1: Over All ten of them came.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Sarah for Colin. Did you over invite tany to yours?
Speaker 7: We didn't over invite, but they say with destination that like thirty percent don't come, so we kind of had that in mind.
Speaker 3: So you did over invite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're okay if everybody, if everybody our RCPD, yes, we'd be fine, like we're covered.
Speaker 1: Did everybody our Yes?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't even get an invitation yet, did you guys?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful wax sealed.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm sent by a beautiful dove.
Speaker 3: Where'd you send mine? Higheart?
Speaker 12: Yes, it's still sitting in the corporate Yeah.
Speaker 3: So have you seen these driverless cars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're everywhere, Well.
Speaker 3: They're not everywhere. They're in certain neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: They're not everywhere yet, but they're testing them out, and there are quite a few neighborhoods in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: And they will roll out everywhere.
Speaker 4: But I always thought that those things before I knew they were a selfless driving uber, I always thought they were mapping like Google Maps with all the cameras and things, so you know, when you drive it, they kind of look like that. I thought they were taking pictures of the streets.
Speaker 2: No, but they have like they have cameras byle all over them because they're all driverless.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually.
Speaker 4: Almost wreck when I see one because I'm staring at the no driver driverless car. Yeah, Mikaela, I have not yet. You have to get an app to take one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you do. It's the Weimo app.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so you downloaded the way Mo app.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I used it. I used it, and I was really skeptical. So I was in Phoenix and right when I got off the plane, there was like ten and I was like, oh my god, these people are crazy for using this. And I was like, you know what, I need to try it, and I.
Speaker 3: Okay, loved it. Yeah, so where did you sit?
Speaker 9: I sat in the passenger seat in the front, in the front.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 9: Yeah, none of my friends wanted to, so I did it, and it is so easy and I get carsick really easily. So this is kind of like a cruise control. It just stays that there's no stopping going, stuff and going, and I felt safe.
Speaker 3: Well, does the wheel turn and stuff? Does the pedal go down?
Speaker 9: I don't know about the pedal, but I can see you can see the wheel turning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It was so funny to see us in the car because I was like, oh my god, it's went right on red, like it went around a car that was had its hazers on. It was insane.
Speaker 3: And is there a music Can you listen to music in it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You can play your own music.
Speaker 8: You can.
Speaker 9: It says like on it you can sing as loud as you want. Because there's no driver. Don't you have to tip? You don't have to tip.
Speaker 1: Don't even think about Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, huh. Is it cheaper Thanneuver?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was no way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And a lot of promotions. When you first sign that one ride was like ten cents because of all the promos they give you stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when you get into the Waimo, does anything talk to you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So it actually has your initials on top of the car to know that cars for you, and then you hit them, lock, you get in, you buckle up, you click, get started, and then it kind of says, this may feel like futuristic, but you need to listen to these roles. Don't touch the standing wheel, don't touch the.
Speaker 4: Gas pedal, don't drive the driverless car driving.
Speaker 2: What about drung people that were like in there trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're not. They're not. Is it called.
Speaker 1: I think just weamo?
Speaker 3: But it's not as.
Speaker 4: Cute as those little robots that I see in the sidewalks of my gosh.
Speaker 9: I feel bad for it though, Like I just it's so precious, Like I have a motion towards it, so you're dropping off drive away like the car too, Like I feel.
Speaker 1: The car as well, the car to the robot. It is waymo one, by the way, and you're in the app store, Yeah, I downloaded because I have the app.
Speaker 2: I just want to be ready, you know, next time i'm you know, put in that situation where there's an empty way mos like your mind.
Speaker 3: To break my heart, like the little or two D twos that roam around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll probably get You're so cute.
Speaker 7: But they get stuck in the gravel. I get so I turn away. I was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: It's so sad.
Speaker 9: Even just driving late, I might like girls and stuff. It's just safe to to take this.
Speaker 4: Well for sure, they say that you're not as like, it's not as risky as a human driver.
Speaker 9: Right, no human error. It's literally you know, robot.
Speaker 1: This is the future or the present wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, well, thank you the way mill uptate the driverless car.
Speaker 3: I got to try it myself.
Speaker 4: But please, if you see one of those R two D two is not crossing the street, wait and let it cross the street. You're a good person. They look like a little stuff like animals to me. They built them to make them look animally. And Tanyan's got a quick trainy report, ton.
Speaker 1: It Dylan e Fron going feral for him?
Speaker 3: Who is he?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 7: So he is Zach Efron's younger brother, and he is currently on season three of The Traders on Peacock and people are losing their minds over him because not only is he so adorable, but he's actually playing the game so well and everybody's calling him the ultimate baby girl, like that is his title right now?
Speaker 1: The Ultimately that's.
Speaker 3: A compliment to be a baby girl.
Speaker 1: Yes, very much so.
Speaker 7: So. He is zac Efron's younger brother. He's a producer. He's worked as a production coordinator on several projects like American Snipers of Them. He and Zach are very close. He is very athletic, he loves the outdoors. He's a dog parent of a rescue named Bowie, and per social media stalking, I am unsure if he is single or not?
Speaker 3: Okay, and Traders is that game with Alan Cummings as the host?
Speaker 7: Yes, and Dylan right now spoiler alert is a faithful But he's just like such a good one and like you can just tell that he has a good gut instinct and he's just like so good at it and people are really just losing their minds over him right now.
Speaker 3: Better looking, Ye, better looking than whatever's brother's name is?
Speaker 1: His brother name is Zach?
Speaker 4: Yeah, better looking than that guy. And he's a producer too, huh. So he does it all, it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't and honestly, he seems like a really sweet guy, Like he just seems like a really sweet teddy bear.
Speaker 3: One out of two is not bad like that?
Speaker 4: Huh Right, So there you go and I gotta watch that show Traders, because I love Alan Coming.
Speaker 1: I think you would.
Speaker 7: Love the show because it's very easy to watch and very entertaining.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm okay, that's on Peacock. Yeah all right, thank you Tani for that training report. Let's get to the match game, guys. I want to give me some Kendrick tickets. Big deal, Kendrick Lamar Nancy's contested number one.
Speaker 13: Hi, Nancy, thank you morning, Ryan, I become more excited.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I love your excitement.
Speaker 13: I am let's do this.
Speaker 3: So tell us about yourself.
Speaker 13: So my name is Nancy. I have a business in the city of Rosida. I own a child him for twenty one years and I really love my job and I love listening to you guys in the morning when I'm driving to open the squat seven and listen to you and Cincinly and Tanya. You guys make my mornings extra extra exciting.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Kylie, you are contestant number two in Alyssa vi Ao, Kylie.
Speaker 3: So, Kylie, tell us about yourself.
Speaker 12: So I'm in Orange County. I am a stay at home cake decorator, just really trying to get as much time with my kids and.
Speaker 3: Cake? Are you really good? Are you? Are you good at the frosting? You frostwaw?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite frost?
Speaker 12: But I only do Swiss merangue and I like the American butter cree.
Speaker 3: Wow, I Swiss, I'm Swiss.
Speaker 1: I forgot you were Swiss.
Speaker 3: You make my cake? We grew up eating Swiss marae. All right, so here we go. It's called the match game, you guys.
Speaker 4: Two contestants here are panel of Sysney Tanya Ruby and engineer tubbs Well. Write down what they think should go in a blank. Then we'll hear your answer and see who you match with. Whoever gets the most matches gets the tickets. Here we go, stand by Kylie Nancy. Your first contested number one is foot blank foot blank?
Speaker 1: Footsteps?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, now let's go to Sisney.
Speaker 3: Did you say footsteps?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I said football.
Speaker 6: Shoot, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, very very timely.
Speaker 4: I like watching football too, yeah, but our teams are not in it, so not kind of well, all right now, Tanya, what'd you say?
Speaker 1: I also said football? Shoot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly Ruby foot football as well? Tops Did you say foot something else, because he sounds like he's getting one right now.
Speaker 1: No, where are you?
Speaker 3: All right? Kylie? Yours is blank moon, blank moon.
Speaker 1: Full moon?
Speaker 4: Yes exactly, Siciny, that's what I said, full moon?
Speaker 1: All right, Tanya, I said honeymoon.
Speaker 3: Of course you did, Ruby, I said full moon. Rbs to moon.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Are you in a bunker with a quilt over your head? What are you? Sounds like you're hiding. But I wasn't feeling good today.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got the flu.
Speaker 2: Stay over there, yeah, stay under your quilt, all right?
Speaker 4: Listen here you congratulations, Kylie are the winner.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of these tickets, so I'm gonna give Nancy some tickets as well and enjoy.
Speaker 3: Kendrick Lamar. You guys are the best.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Thank you, guys, thank you for making my morning. I appreciate you, guys. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: We love you for listening. We love you for your loyalty. Y'all have a great, great morning. And Hi, Sandra, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How are you doing?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: Just hanging in there?
Speaker 3: Okay. It sounds like there's something going on.
Speaker 4: I'm reading on the callscreen it says here you don't want to invite your friend to your book club?
Speaker 8: Go on, mm hmm, Well, she's not even really my friend. Essentially, a friend of mine had one of her friends just move here, and she's just been inviting her to hang out wherever we go so that she can meet new people. And at first I didn't mind, because I think that's a really nice thing to do, But now that I'm getting the chance to know her, I realized I really do not like her. Like she's just really opinionated and like argumentative and just downright obnoxious, if I'm being honest. So the issue that I calling in about is that my friend told her about the book club that I'm part of and suggested that she come with us to the book club, and now she won't leave me alone about it, and I don't want her to come. We're a laid back group. We just like to read fine romance books, and I just know that she's going to ruin the vibe. So I don't really know how to like disinvite her or kind of communicate that I just genuinely do not like this girl.
Speaker 4: The technical question, do you get credit for listening to the book?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 6: That is a good question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, then I could join a book club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm reading all these books, but I'm just listen.
Speaker 1: I'm an audio girl.
Speaker 8: I do that sometimes too.
Speaker 4: To pass here, number one, I think life goes on without you being in a book club. Not going to be the end of the world. So you could either just exodus the book club.
Speaker 1: But what does she have to leave.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna getting two options. Or or you have a conversation with this person and tell them they don't fit in, knocked up by.
Speaker 3: Other members of the book club, or.
Speaker 4: Say you say you're at your cap. Only six people are allowed to the book club.
Speaker 1: And she said, it's so petty. I kind of like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think you just need to suck it up. There's a lot of bigger issues happening in our city, around the world. Like this is not going to make or break you. Be the bigger person. Let her in the club and move on with it.
Speaker 4: I'm not sucking it up. It's my free time. I want to be with people. I like, she's out, there's a cap of six people.
Speaker 2: Maybe she comes around on you, like she changes your mind of how you feel about it. People have done that to me, I used to be very judgmentalso time some people that I thought, I was like, oh no, I definitely don't like that person.
Speaker 1: And then I hung out with them in.
Speaker 2: A forced situation because they were invited to a birthday party or a weekend trip, and I was like, wow, I really actually like you.
Speaker 3: So and his name was Michael Sandra.
Speaker 4: I think you have a path there two paths. Suck it up or cap it out. It's a book you're reading right now.
Speaker 8: Right now, I'm reading a Court of a Court of thorn Roses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I haven't read that myself.
Speaker 1: No, neither have I.
Speaker 4: I'm reading that book by what's her name? Just let them say yes or something?
Speaker 3: That book?
Speaker 1: Oh, Mel Robbins, Let them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm reading let Them by melro You are.
Speaker 8: I've been using her wake up method of the five four three two one.
Speaker 1: And it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She's great. She's great. Just let them bless you. Yeah, I'm reading that book at them.
Speaker 1: Let's get her on.
Speaker 3: Have you read it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Enough?
Speaker 3: Like the cover?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we'll listen to a lot of her podcasts, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Let them, it's to let them theory. It's a life changing tool. Actually, that millions of people can't stop talking about.
Speaker 7: It's really a simple, simple, simple motto phrased in such a fabulous way that it really packs a punch.
Speaker 3: If you can do it, If you can do it, let them So listen to this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell I love these stories, all right? So drums.
Speaker 4: Everyone wants to win lottery blah blah blah. So there's this woman, Taste, twenty eight years old, and she won over two million dollars on a lottery ticket. She paid off debt, she invested, and she set some aside for fun.
Speaker 3: But she did not tell her family about it at first. And here's why.
Speaker 4: She says, she was the black sheep of the family, so why were still with the golden children? She always felt like she got the short end of the stick, so and that, I guess continued into adulthood. Her family planned big overseas trips without her. What I mean, that's mean she found out about it on Instagram when they were there.
Speaker 1: That's heartbreaking. It's also so weird.
Speaker 4: So when she bought a new car, her family started asking questions like, well, where'd you get the money buy a new car? And she told them that she won the lottery, and they were very upset with her. Actually they were furious. Her mom said, you're being selfish not to share that with us, and her sister asked her to pay off her student loans. Her brother asked her for a house, and she sat them down and she explained to them that she's not obligated to share any of the money because they were related, and especially because of the way that they treated her until she had it. I agree, and I say, good on ya. I agree as well. You're gonna go on trips and then I'm going to see it on Instagram and you can come to me and want me to buy you a house.
Speaker 3: I got a finger for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a.
Speaker 7: Happy medium where she doesn't have to buy them house or pay off her student loans.
Speaker 1: But maybe you know.
Speaker 2: She has a lottery ticket exactly do something nice. She didn't went like two hundred and fifty million, like she won two million, Like that's good.
Speaker 3: You know, she two million dollars out of the sky.
Speaker 2: She's not going to pay off student loans and buy her brother a house with that like that.
Speaker 1: You can't even in California. Definitely not in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when you don't invite me in to port A Fino wherever they went.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we didn't think you wanted to come.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, so anyway, I'm with her on that. But what would you do? Same? Same? And what about a family like acting like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like it's been deep rooted since childhood and agreed.
Speaker 4: Just looking at today's National corn Chip Day, Yeah, I'm not not my favorite day of chips, all right, but enjoy a corn chip if you like.
Speaker 3: Coming up tomorrow, we're back.
Speaker 4: It's a Thursday, and that means it's O Ryan's Roses Thursday. So she got this anonymous email saying that her husband has gone down a path he's been down before. He promised he would never go down again. Seven tissany Tanya, back room, kazoon tight Tanya, thank you, thank you for sneezing under the table there, Thank you so much. Seven forty tomorrow Kendrick Lamar. Tickets again tomorrow, every single hour and if you missed anything on today's show, you can get on the podcast. It's up every day at noon on iHeart or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to your first thing in the morning. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.