Speaker 1: Have either of you ever had a day where you wake up and everything in your house breaks at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, this has been my year. All everything's breaking down in my house right now. It's like, yes, I swear, it's like we it's I've lived in it eleven years, and I feel like it's right over like the ten year mark your warranties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's what the same thing just happened to me yesterday. It was we had every type of water heater in the house, from the pool heater to the entire water system. Everything had to be replace in one day.
Speaker 2: One day yep, Mike garage door broke down and like so expensive to fix that. And then now my door I just found out a package didn't get delivered that we're waiting on because of our doorbells not working like our eight doorbell.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, it's so yes yesterday was a twelve thousand dollars day.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's crazy. Do you have a home warranty plan?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I mean again, And so the like the heat the water heater guy came out and he's like, you need a new water heater because we have a tankless one, And I said, but it's tankless and we have the twenty year warranties like you do, except no, so because apparently at the time I had it put in, I had them keep a certain pump that I wanted because he was too expensive to add a new pump, and the pump was working at the time, and so he's like, you have like fifty thousand hours on the same which is supposed to be like over a thirty year span, and it's been eight. So this thing just ran for eight years straight. I guess because of this pump. It never stopped running. So we just woke up and just didn't have any water, like, had no hot water, and then everything was flooding down by the pool. It was it was comical how everything was breaking at the same time. And so I was just wondering if you'd ever had those days where you just everything by.
Speaker 2: This entire and I thought it was mostly a lot of it is also because of rain, like all the leaks and cracks. Yes, because it you know, never rains in La until it really really rains, and it's been raining so much the whole holiday season.
Speaker 1: It was just like and then you know the problem because we have this in our house. We've had the same leak that we've now fixed thirty five times. Is you fix it quote unquote, and then you have to wait another four or five months for it to rain again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to see if it works, to see if it worked.
Speaker 1: So it's like you don't even know we were Yeah, so we had to have the wall fixed while they were putting in the pool thing.
Speaker 4: While it was like, mister mom, there was thirty seven way yesterday.
Speaker 2: Right when this hall you just like, it's just throw in the trash and go go get another house.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I've been here twenty this is going to be my twenty sixth year in this house.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Everything is it's we've had to replace everything so many many times that it's just to go, Okay, now, I guess this needs to be new.
Speaker 2: I have a very old house. My house was built in nineteen oh five. Oh wow, yeah, I just want the idea of like new things in a house sounds lovely. I've always had old places. You have always had old Yeah, it's my canyon house was nineteen twenties. Yeah, so have you had it?
Speaker 1: No, I know you don't believe in them. But if anybody else where you were with believed, did anybody that does believe in them think that anybody.
Speaker 4: In your house? What of your houses were haunted?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, but I have great creepy pictures, like I have photos of the house in nineteen oh five with like a baby on the porch.
Speaker 4: Interior that was the house owner at the time in nineteen oh five, was a little baby.
Speaker 2: Little baby. No, we have like these really crazy photos and they definitely look like old school haunted house photos. It's so cool.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 6: My house was originally built in I think the fifties, and then it had been gutted and redone before we moved into it, so we were the first people to live in it once it had been gutted. And now we're about ready to do another renovation. We just approved plans. When do you start, Well, it's still with the city, so the plans need to be like we've approved, yeah, exactly, so who knows how long the city is going to take. But also we're not in like any giant rush, right, so we're.
Speaker 4: Are you going to stay in the house while you renovate?
Speaker 6: Yes, So we're only you know, when you walk in the front door of our house, all that stuff to the right, the bathroom and the three bedrooms down there, that whole side of the house is just getting smashed and taken away, and so they're just going to build a wall when you walk like a wall. When you walk in the front door, everything to the right of the front door is just there's just going to be a wall.
Speaker 3: And we're not going to use any of that.
Speaker 6: So the kids' bedrooms, we're taking out their beds and we're this office that I do the podcast in is gonna We're going to remove the couch, remove the desk, remove the book cases that have Jensen's thousands of DVDs on them, and they're going to share a room. Their beds are going to go side by side in this room. They're going to share this room, and we're going to live in the house.
Speaker 3: Well, we do.
Speaker 1: But then where all the bedrooms are gone, where the wall is, that's going to be a whole new wing.
Speaker 6: Right, yes, then we're built there where we're building all the new stuff.
Speaker 5: And that's where all the DVDs go.
Speaker 4: In the way, the DVD wing. I have one myself DVD library.
Speaker 6: Yes, no, But what I do want to tell you guys that I want to see if you would have thought this was cool when you were kids. The boys are getting their moving bedrooms and they are getting lofts above their bedrooms, and the lofts will connect.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like I'm so, and they haven't. They don't really even really quite know what a loft is. I'm just like, you know, it's going to be like a mini room above your room, and you guys will be able to have access to each other up there.
Speaker 2: Really cool ideas.
Speaker 3: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 4: Because you remember you talked about doing something.
Speaker 1: You were like, I don't know if I should have like a secret passage through a bookcase or like you were thinking of something.
Speaker 4: So the connecting loft good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I think that's I think that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 4: Keeping the Batman bets, keeping the Batman bets if.
Speaker 3: They want them.
Speaker 6: The Batman bets are definitely going to be in existence while we do the renovation.
Speaker 4: But they don't want them. I'm your first call, of.
Speaker 6: Course, because you definitely whenever you redo your guest house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it needs a batman.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: There, that'll be next this year, later this year and next year all that the whole backyard's being ripped out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I guess the reason I brought up the lof situation, and I specifically said, did either of you share a room growing up with your siblings?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was it like, is it some of your favorite memories?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I love sharing a room. And I was upset when Shiloh moved out because we took over the third floor. It would used to just be an attic space, and we discovered it and we were like, can we make this our bedroom? We converted into our bedroom, and then like two years later, when he was, you know, twelve thirteen, Chilo was like, oh, out of here. I'm good in my own room. And I remember being very sad. Yeah, I was like others, and then I was stoked.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think by the time you're a teenager, you want your own room. Yeah. When I was younger, I loved I loved sharing it with my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it was fine, It was fine, but having your own room.
Speaker 4: Is just you just want your own space.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Greg and I shared a room and we had bunk beds too, and so he was on the top and I was on the bottom. And yeah, and he's five years older than me, so he didn't want to be in there at all. And so when we moved to the new house in Avon, then it was we each got our own room, and then Greg moved to the basement and I moved into Greg's room. So yeah, it was shuffling around. But god, no, those are not good, good thought, good memories.
Speaker 4: No, you want to know, you want to you don't want to live. I wanted I wanted my own, my own space.
Speaker 6: Of course, I wanted my own think the grass is always greener because like, of course, you know, yeah, it's just one of those situations. But I'm hoping the kids, I'm hoping the loft is the perfect amount of like shared space.
Speaker 3: Shared space.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's perfect, that's what i.
Speaker 4: Shared space is cool. And then they can go to their own rooms. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm looking I'm looking forward to it. Welcome to Pod meets World. I'm Daniel Fischl, I'm right or Strong, and I'm wil Fredell.
Speaker 6: Week by week, inch by inch, we creep closer and closer to the season seven and series finale, and now with a few recaps under our collective belt, we assumed that some of you might have some questions.
Speaker 3: Hell, we have some questions.
Speaker 6: We know you all think they just watched the show they were in thirty years ago, sit in front of a mic, say whatever comes to mind.
Speaker 3: It's easy, well.
Speaker 6: Being honest, you were right, But for season seven it's much more complicated. Will has talked about his reluctance to dive deeper into what was the hardest time of his life. I know I'm staring down the barrel of an episode where I'm just outright called fat and writer, well, writer is writering, and so we wanted to open it up to you guys, see if you had anything on your minds as we tackle the heavier stuff. But first, writer and Will, how do you feel thus far about the dreaded season seven?
Speaker 2: It feels just all over the place.
Speaker 3: Quite a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just like I feel like you know, and I think we'll set it best from one of our recent recaps, like we're just like chasing ratings, like and I think they didn't know what to do. They were like scared that we weren't going to get a full season, and so interestingly, like, I think the better move would have been to just commit to the characters and commit to like make it the most boy meets world you can, And instead it seems like our producers were like, let's let's try everything, let's try anything to keep the ratings, you know, like we'll make it a ridiculous romp, we'll make it a thing, we'll do a wedding, and it's just our characters have been thrown out the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I think it's some very funny bits. Nobody's the character that they were. Yeah, and the stories don't make a lot of sense, but a lot of the actual bits I'm finding very funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of hard laughs, yeah, yep. Also a lot of maybe the most ever cringe moments. I would actually say, I think in a handful of season seven episodes, I have found more moments that I would like to say didn't age well, but I can't believe they were ever. Okay, agreed, Then in the collective first six seasons of the show.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Think is that a consequence of us being grown ups? Now? You know what I mean, It's like the show aged up and I think there was a conscious thing like we can make.
Speaker 3: Sex, we joke, Yeah, we can take risks.
Speaker 2: Yeah we could take risks because they're in college. And I just think that wasn't our writer's strengths. I think they were better at like a high school, you know, and like it just seems like our jam was when we were like because all the apartment dynamics don't really like you know, even last season with like the you know, Maitland storyline with you guys, it just doesn't feel like our show to me.
Speaker 4: It's not a way, it's a totally different thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how much we've been desensitized to the to the show Frog in the pot where if we literally finished a season seven episode and then went back and watched the season one episode, if it was we'd just be.
Speaker 4: Like, what the hell is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Well, are we even really dealing with college stuff? That often we're not even classrooms, We're not like, we're not engaging other college kids. Like there's no like, oh, I guess there was a sports episode. There was like the mascot and stuff. I don't know, it just doesn't feel like it's losing. The high school is a real challenge for our show. It's a real challenge storytelling wise because the high school and and it's losing two things. You lose the house and the high school, and those are like grounding forces of our show. Season six and season seven really are kind of just a little it's tough.
Speaker 1: Seven, especially seven, especially this one, is just where nobody's nobody's who they were, and that's it's fine. I mean again, I look at it like we're just trying to make sure they laugh. So I'm acting for you guys, and you're acting for us, and that's and that's fine, but it's a man, it's just and I have so many good memories.
Speaker 2: Of us backstage, me too, but I don't remember the scenes themselves. Are the lines. So like I clearly was just coming to work to hang out with you guys a laugh, and like I definitely like I just didn't care about the show. I cared about like being with you and I was having fun, I think, but I didn't like the show or I didn't care about that part, you know, the actual creative investment, which is sad to me because I think, you know, as much as I talk about like my issues with boy, me's world and whatnot. Like when I watching like seasons four and five, even I do remember being like I liked the acting challenges, I liked the like I cared about Sean as a character. Yeah, even when I was like a little like eh, but like I think about the Cult episode, like I was committed, you know, like yeah, and and I don't. I'm not committed season seven, Like I clearly was just like I am so much more interesting in whatever is happening in my personal life and in my college life and like my studies, and like I just didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was also like discovering movies a lot at this period in my life, Like this is when we were buying laser discs all the time will end like video. I just remember this season running around getting film lists from all the crew. Like I remember being like, tell me your favorite movies, what do I need to buy? And I would buy movies without ever having seen them because enough people would say you need to watch this, you need to watch that, and you'll have them. I still the laser discs, yeah, but I also bought a lot of VH because there's a lot of stuff that wasn't available on laser disc that people would recommend it, like a lot of the nineties independent film stuff, like you know, Richard link Later and Henry fool and like there's just a lot of like that nineties independent you can get on vhs and I don't have any of those anymore. I do have the laser discs.
Speaker 4: Do you have a working laser DISCP player?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I'm I'm assuming it's working. It's at my parents' house. Yeah, but I kind of want it. I kind of want it back, like.
Speaker 1: I still have mine.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 2: Do you use it?
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not even not even hooked up. I just know that I have it, and it's like, of course.
Speaker 2: See if I remember, the image is not great, but the sound is better than that.
Speaker 4: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: And there was also at the time with laser discs, there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you couldn't get anywhere else. That's all the vhs. Yeah, we had all that stuff on the.
Speaker 2: Lat Like that's how I learned how to make films, Like that's how you know, even though we were in the industry, I wasn't on many film sets, so I learned how to direct. Was listening to director commentary and I loved it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, let's bring in Jensen so we can get into these cues, so we can supply the a's.
Speaker 5: I think we slept in the room at your parents' house that had the laser disc machine in it for the record. Yeah cool, it was like, I do they watch laser discs? All right, let's get into questions. The first one is from ed from Augusta. Now that you fully recapped six seasons, can you definitively say when you think you peaked in appearance and peaked as an actor?
Speaker 6: I am pretty sure The answer for that for me is season four is that where I cut my hair. Yeah, I think that whole season, That whole season from the hair cutting episode on is peak appearance and possibly peak performance.
Speaker 1: My peak appearance was actually not on Boy Me to World. My peak appearance is when I did an episode of Zoe Duncan, Jack and Jane. It's I think the best I've ever looked on camera.
Speaker 4: That was my peak appearance.
Speaker 1: They had me dressed up like Jared Leto from my so called life at the time, and I had the long hair and it was working. That was my peak appearance, peak acting. Still going baby still getting there. We haven't we haven't hit Nirvana yet, my friends. No, it depends on what Eric you like. I mean, there's some peer some people that really love seasons you know, season seven Eric who's big and nuts and crazy, and there's some people that preferred the more subdued season two three kind of Eric.
Speaker 4: So I was just different every season.
Speaker 2: I had no idea appearance wise, I just you know, it's so awkward, like I don't know, but but acting was. Season four I think was probably pretty great, you know, like I feel like I was I still cared. We had so many good episodes. Oh, season five was good too.
Speaker 4: Season five was good, But I feel.
Speaker 2: Like season four Tony was still around, right, So I would have had some more of the like because I really I really loved the Turner Sean dynamic and like and the comedic Turner Sean like when when we're like doing like guy advice stuff, those conversations were really fun and and I, you know, as much as like dramatic Sean took over, I feel like season four I was still balanced at getting some just silly, fun comedy stuff to do. And I you know, looking back now, I'm like, oh wow, it was it was. I wasn't bad at that, Like, that wasn't good. There was a good version of acting that I totally just took for granted. Yeah, appearance wise, I don't know. Man, Like, I definitely don't like the way I look at season seven. That's the way I'm dressed. I feel awkward, and like seasons one and two, I'm clearly just a you know kid.
Speaker 6: I think, writer, you look real. I actually love the way you look at season seven.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't necessarily.
Speaker 6: I haven't real necessarily paid attention to whether or not I love your clothes.
Speaker 3: Are you wearing a lot of bowling shirts in season seven?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? It's like, yeah, I start wearing button downs again, but they're not really bowling shirts. But they're just like awkwardly fitting. And and the sleeves, if they're short sleeves, they're like too long. There's like they're like the wrong length, do you know what I mean? It's like they don't it's like you either got to go short or slightly longer. It's like they're in this weird in between. So they kind of like I don't know, I've just been noticing, like what am I wearing. It's like, yeah, you know, and it's obviously I just I never noticed my warder or thought about it back then, so I just wore what they told me. But I feel like there was a conscious choice for some reason in season seven, maybe to just make me look more grown up or something.
Speaker 4: If we tried to have Julia Yang on the show, no.
Speaker 3: No, because she was still wardrobe for the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first six and seven, right or yeah?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 5: Curious.
Speaker 1: She was curious because I was curious what you and I were talking about. Daniellef she ever got a note from somewhere saying, hey, more tense for Will.
Speaker 2: I would love to talk to Julie again. Yeah, that'd be great to find her.
Speaker 3: I'll look to see if I can find her on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Okay, moving on. Our next one is from Dante S in Washington, d C. Did the three of you have any established plans personally or professionally for when Boy Meets World ended? So this would include obviously personal stuf, but also movie or TV show offers that were on the table.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was under contracts. I had already signed another contract with Disney, so I was going to be rolling right into another show. I mean, I didn't get much time off, and I went right into I think Go Fish right after it was in two thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, you had a holding deal, right, That's what I had a holding deal.
Speaker 1: But I also was already being sent scripts for kind of what you Want to do? And then I was when I found out because one of my favorite shows, and I think one of the most underrated shows of the nineties was News Radio, and that whole crew and a lot of the writing staff went off to do with Andy Dick a show called Go Fish, which started Kieran Culkin and the only thing that was giving me pauses.
Speaker 4: They wanted me to be the older brother again. But then it.
Speaker 1: Was film and it was was it single camera? It was single camera film, and it had already been picked up for I think thirteen because I don't know something and I loved the cast and I loved loved the crew.
Speaker 4: So do you remember you?
Speaker 2: And I screened. We networked together, not against each other, but together for a show from the There was a team of writers that I'm blanking on their names. One of them is now like the Guy Ran Deep and Silicon Valley, Alex what's his last Anyway, there was a team of it. It was a duo and then actually at one point they became a trio of writers and they had created a college show.
Speaker 4: Do you remember this, Oh, like it was like dorm something something.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it had a name or it's just like, but you and I both like went to network test for it and like I didn't get it, and I think they offered it to you. But then I think go Fish came along because you know, but yeah, it was interesting. We were both up. Like I had this moment where I was planning on going to college. I applied to schools in New York got into Columbia and I was like, well that's where I'm going. So I was planning on doing that. But then and we had a whole I had a holding deal too. I think ABC got all of us a holding deal to basically make sure we didn't go on to another network and like do another show.
Speaker 4: See I didn't have ABC, I had Disney because I went over to NBC.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Yeah, I had a deal. I mean I just remember they paid, which means that they had the I would go into second position if I went in for another network show and so and then I remember sitting like having lunch with my agent and my manager and talking to them and they're like, well, well, so what's happening. And I was like, well, I'm going to school in the fall, and they're like, so, you could be auditioning right now. And this was like in the spring, right before Boyby's World ended, and I was like, I guess so, and then boom they started sending me out and sure enough I ended up testing for a couple of different shows, including that college one with you. Yeah, but yeah, no, and then I went to Spain for the summer.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I knew I was going to go to Spain, make a movie Buck Naked Arson, and then go to move to New York and go to college. So I had all those things lined up.
Speaker 6: You, Danielle, I have no idea. I think I have absolutely no clue. I don't think I had any plans.
Speaker 2: You also had a holding deal though, right, no, really really got a holding dealer.
Speaker 3: Maybe I did remember.
Speaker 1: You were you were pretty checked out by the end of season seven, so checked out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so checked out.
Speaker 2: You were already living in Manhattan Beach like you'd already moved there during season seven.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I moved there five days after my eighteenth birthday, so I had already been living there, like I had moved there in May of ninety nine.
Speaker 4: With somebody else named Danielle, with another Danielle.
Speaker 3: We had the Daniell's.
Speaker 6: We called ourselves the double D's. And yeah, so I was living in Manhattan Beach, which I loved, although the drive was awful, So I was just excited for the season to be over and then was like not have to make that drive anymore.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think I thought I.
Speaker 6: Was going to audition, but also like as usual, when the season ended, I would just be like, don't want to work, don't want to think about work, and yeah, I probably just I only lived in Manhattan Beach for a few more months, and then I ended up buying to My parents had really been pressuring me to buy something, buy something, buy something, but I didn't buy anything right away. Actually I didn't buy my first condo until like two thousand and two or two thousand and three. I just kept moving around, moved out of Manhattan Beach. I moved to Beverly Hills. I was living in a townhouse in Beverly Hills for a while. Then I moved to like Miracle Mile area.
Speaker 3: Then I moved to actually, I take it back, I moved to Sherman Oaks. And then So were.
Speaker 2: You thinking about acting at all? Or were you just like I just want to live my life as a like eighteen year old.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I was auditioned.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know what I remember for sure is that I was offered a bunch of stuff when Boy Meets World ended, and it was.
Speaker 2: All garbage, awful.
Speaker 6: I mean, and not just.
Speaker 2: Underwear. Am Yeah, that was huge. Right then there was like the teen because there had been all those teen movies, and then they just transitioned into like, you know, sexy teen.
Speaker 6: Movies, have sexy teen movies, and also the very stereotypical you've seen this girl as a teenager her entire life. Wait, you're gonna want to see her in her underwear now, like just the the wanting to break the mold of any sort of pure innocence good girl, now, you know. And I remember just seeing all of that and being.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, no, no for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, like because it could have been so easy to just be like I'll just keep taking the attention. Yeah it takes, you know, and you were instead were like, no, like I don't like this.
Speaker 3: But yeah it wasn't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wish I could take that credit and be like, no, I don't like this, but I I was interested and secure. I was like I had just been told I was fat for a year and and been made to feel bad about myself truly physically, and so it more like I'm not putting myself in that position, like I'm just I'm there's no way, there's no I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: And I wish it was because you know, I was thinking about it from the standpoint of is this who I am? It was more like this is all I'm being offered, and I'm not comfortable with it. But a large part of that I'm not comfortable with it. If I had been like, you know, I don't know, if I had felt good about my body, maybe I would have been like, well, this is what you do.
Speaker 3: They're popular, this is what this is. And also, as.
Speaker 6: A late teen, early twenties year old girl, you are just starting to kind of I'm a woman, now, what is womanhood? What is my sexuality? Like you're just trying. You are just coming into that. So I who knows what I would have decided had I not just felt insecure, But I there was no chance I was going to put myself in a position to be made to feel the same way I did the last season A boy, that's world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your life takes a totally different turn when fear dicked hates what you do. Yeah, and that's how it was. I was the same way where it's just it's just a different way to live when fear is dictating your almost every move.
Speaker 6: It also completely for me, was not motivating like you'd think, oh, well, if you felt that way, why didn't it just get you into the gym? Why didn't it get you? It actually had the opposite effect. It was like I ate worse, I didn't work out, I didn't take care of myself because it was just like you know, I guess it's I mean, looking back, it was probably a depress I mean there was probably some depression there. I didn't feel like a depressed person, but I was a person who had a very like, well, who cares attitude throughout that whole last season.
Speaker 3: Who care everything was? Who cares? Everything was just kind of like and I.
Speaker 2: Remember you having that attitude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, I think by the end of season seven, like I was like, get away from dignity. I just did not want to be around you, which is so sad for me to think about now because of how close we are now, But I think that, like, yeah, we didn't reconnect until probably like two thousand and two three ish, Yeah, you know, because I think when when Boy ended, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I was not fun to be around.
Speaker 6: And I you know, it was like, in hindsight, when I think about that person and the way I felt, that's that's not That's not the way I had been up until that point, and it's not the person I've been after that. But there was so there was really definitely a cumulation of things that happened throughout the six seasons of Boy Meets World that culminated really in that final season that led to a just dystopian Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's wasn't it crazy?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Didn't we feel like we were so grown up? Like we were done growing? Like we were we were I was like a fool on adult and I look back now and I'm like, you were a child. Yeah, you know, it's really not until like twenty five, twenty six, and you start to figure out anything that you actually might want to do for the rest of your life. I was thirties when I wha, you started to feel like A feels what do I want my day to day life to be like? And what do I care about? What's important to me? You don't want to surround myself with. But when you're like in our position at twenty when boy Me's World ended, I thought like I was so grown up, Like I was already like behind, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about this kid's show, She's y Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it is with weight gain too.
Speaker 1: It's like you you you eat because it makes you feel something, and then you look at yourself and you look like and then you feel something again, and it's just it's it's a horrible cycle.
Speaker 4: It really is. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I also at that time, you know, I didn't drink at all through high school. I didn't I didn't drink alcohol. And then I moved out of my parents' house and I did start drinking the same way a lot of people do when they go to college.
Speaker 3: Sure, and.
Speaker 6: I realize also looking back, with my relationship with alcohol, it was the only thing that let me shut my mind off. It was the only thing that stopped me from overthinking. It was the only thing.
Speaker 3: It was like an absolute too for me.
Speaker 6: That was like, oh, I can shut the noise of my head off if I consume alcohol, which alcohol also is very high in calories and like is not good for you in a million different ways. So I look back on that time and it's like, it's actually sad. It's like a really sad you know, maybe next ten years of my life from me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my twenties were not a happy time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was definitely unhappy. But I wouldn't say it lasted ten years.
Speaker 3: Think I would say like eighteen.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wouldn't necessarily I would say from like eighteen to twenty eight, because then I think, and maybe not even quite that long, because I was around twenty seven when I started hosting The Dish and I decided to go to college. But really from like we're talking eighteen to twenty seven, where I was just like felt like I was totally at the mercy of other people who did or did not want to hire me. I had to say no to the things I was being offered, the things I would have been willing to do. No one cared to see me for wasn't feeling good in my body, wasn't taking care of my body, wasn't working, so didn't have an income, felt like I needed to work, but didn't have any other skills.
Speaker 3: It was just it was a very confusing.
Speaker 6: I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do with my life.
Speaker 3: Nine years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was kind of the same.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: Most of my twenties were just a medically induced haze. Like I look back at it now and it's just like, I did what.
Speaker 4: When I was this age? I did what when I was that age?
Speaker 1: And I look at things that I mean, I was shooting stuff still, I was shooting movies and things like that.
Speaker 4: I look back and I'm like, God, I don't remember doing that, right, Like I literally don't remember doing any of this.
Speaker 1: It's really and for somebody who I've always been told I have a very good memory, there's a good seven eight, nine years like Danielle that are just essentially blank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, flashing images.
Speaker 2: I was doing a lot and feeling like I was doing a lot, but I was putting so much pressure on myself. I was never allowing myself to be happy with where it was. You know, I was constantly beating myself up that I wasn't already you know, selling scripts and making movies or being a star movie star, like and I look back, and I'm like, your life was good, dude, Like you were surrounded by good people. Like I had this conversation a while ago with like two friends from like in my twenties, and they were like, remember all those time we would be played running shit raids at all those great parties. And I was like, yeah, I was miserable. Why why the hell was super Bowl? Because they were telling it it's like those were great times. I was like they should have been, but in my own head, I was failing constantly. And it's like that's so lame.
Speaker 4: But that's a child actor.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you have you have that success at such an early age. You and I having a conversation one time where I said to you something like, you know, I'm not going to be that guy in high school who's still talking about the big game and I'm not gonna peek at twenty and I was, and at one point you stopped me. You're like you realize you say that to me now almost every.
Speaker 4: Time we talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, what I do?
Speaker 1: And You're like, yeah, You're like trying to convince yourself of some And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you know that you could start a podcast talking.
Speaker 1: About the big games and it would be great success?
Speaker 2: You just had to wait till you're in your forties.
Speaker 4: I did nobody. Man, It's crazy, because I mean, I'm going to be fifty this year.
Speaker 1: So and I I, Susan and I were talking about this. I turned forty in August and then I got married in September. So I've been married to my wife the all of my forties, like, except for six weeks, all of my forties, and next to the time the seven years I was on boy Mes World, my forties are.
Speaker 4: By far my favorite decade that I've had.
Speaker 1: I'm happier now than I've arguably ever been, even when I was on the show. And I don't know if that's dealing with the stuff you did in the past, or it's just getting older.
Speaker 2: It's just going to be.
Speaker 4: You just look back at it and you're like I was nineteen, you.
Speaker 2: Know, there's like happiness graphs that show like, especially for men, like mid mid life crisis is like the worst. It's like right, you know, thirty five to forty five, and then you just start to accept Yeah, it gets better and you're just like happier and you enjoy your people around you. I know I feel it too. It's like I've turned a corner, Yes, the last a couple of years where my two Oh you know what, man, I really just am happy and I really should just appreciate the people and the things around me, Like it's so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I feel the same way. Yeah, my forty has been great.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 5: Well, this is a good transition, then, Kimberly V of South Carolina. A lot of fandoms tend to be disappointed when the actors from their favorite shows don't stay super close once the show ends. Why do you think your friendship has endured for decades after Boy Meets World ended? Money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just keep growing, keep it.
Speaker 4: Danielle pays us to be your friend, and uh why it's a good question.
Speaker 2: I mean, will you and I made an effort? You and I did make an effort. Yeah, like we worked at it. We definitely had to.
Speaker 3: You guys had some falling outs wait to put Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had fights about it. You know, it would be like and then we were always struggling to work together, to try and write something together or create a project where we got to be together. And I just feel like, I don't know why. I think it's like for me, it just clicked in at the end of the season seven that like you were just one of my best friends. We're going to be you know, we just had I don't know, it's just like I was like I, you know, looked at you as a brother essentially, and like we cannot let this relationship die.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Even though I was in New York, I remember like always making an effort, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you maybe wade more of an effort than I did.
Speaker 5: Yeh.
Speaker 2: Brain, I was like I need will in my life, you know, Like I was like I need to make sure and I don't know, Like I mean, part of it was like I think, just just loving you and just want to them, you know, but it was like it's going to take some work because you weren't leaving the house for a little while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a rough time for me, and yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like you and I just it was an email relationship for a while, you know, like I feel like maybe I saw you once in New York when you visited. Maybe we only got together once, but I do remember always emailing and stay in touch via email. But yeah, then we didn't really reconnect until Girl.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, maybe a little bit. Well we had right before Girl, yeah, right before Girl. But then also when what we had the we had a couple of dinners, We had some dinners at your place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we started, And what what brought that on? Like why did we just decide to start having boy mets World gatherings?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know either, but it was the fourth was fun.
Speaker 3: I moved back to la Yeah, you moved back to la.
Speaker 2: It wasn't I was living in Laurel Canyon when we started. Because I remember, Danielle.
Speaker 3: Your car got stuck a hanging off the sign hanging out, So.
Speaker 2: That would have been two thousand and five, if five four or five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, five, And we did that.
Speaker 6: We did that a few times, and then I remember we had a we had a dinner.
Speaker 3: We were still doing it because you met Tim. Tim, you guys came, I came over to your house.
Speaker 6: But then also writer and Alex and myself and Tim went to dinner in downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a whole downtown hang on and yeah we were just hang like we just yeah, we were just in touch. I guess it was so it was really the only time we were out of touch was when I was in the first.
Speaker 6: The first five years after Boy Meets World, And that makes sense for me, that was just, you know, that was exactly what I wanted that I was like, I need everything that has to do with this show for me to be as far away from me as possible. And yeah, and it was kind of a darker it was a darker time. But I think the thing one of the things that's made our friendship indoor is like we talked about like those five years for me and writer being like, yeah, at the end of Boy Meets World, I just didn't really want to be around Danielle.
Speaker 3: I know, we know.
Speaker 6: Will's talked about the fact that you felt annoyed with me too, because I was so clearly over the show and it was all you wanted to do was like get the opportunity to do a season eight and I was like, I hate this place.
Speaker 3: I think we have always remained.
Speaker 6: Curious and accepting of who are you now and wanting to know who so you know, being like, okay, who you are now?
Speaker 3: It doesn't vibe with me, and so we'll just take some time away.
Speaker 6: But then the minute any of us have ever reached out, it's always been the response to being the response of seeing that person reach out is always I love you? Who are you now? And then reconnecting. And we've seen each other and known each other through many highs and many lows, and even if we've been able to say, you know what, we don't really need to spend that much time together right now because we're at very different places or we're just very different people. That's never been like I don't love you or I don't want you, you know, and so it's just curiosity.
Speaker 1: It's also during during the well I was just said during the show though, for you and me, Danielle, we were just.
Speaker 4: So different in age.
Speaker 1: I know, it's when you're thirteen and eighteen or whatever what I mean, that's two different species that point so totally. You know, we connected again much later in life when the age gap kind of closes its.
Speaker 6: Volumes about you in a positive light. That we were not hanging out.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I want to throw out something else. It's occurring to me about the two of you in particular, and the three of us is like and it's probably because we were young and we also like knew each other as parents. There's always this sense that like the industry and our careers were something like outside of who we really were. Does that make sense, Like there's a sense that like the three of us, like we knew each other before we were stars or whatever, and that all the stuff, no matter what we were doing. Danielle's you know, uh, hosting the dish or writers doing horror movies, Will's doing comed like that's all like besides who we really are, which is somebody we know intimately and outside of the And I don't know if that happens for a lot of show It's like a lot of shows, even if people are sort of nobody's when they start a show together, their careers take off and they sort of become their careers, like they identify as like that is who I am and this old show that I isn't a But we always felt like we knew each other like in the in the real us, you know what I mean, and I think that's what kept our chemistry. Is probably why this podcast works, is that it has that vibe of like we still kind of feel like we're crashing the Hollywood party, and so it's like we're still kind of like we don't know, we're figuring this out. And I think that's been really healthy for our friendship.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 1: It's also it's completely different as a cast when you grow up together. Yeah, I mean, you start a show and you're with everybody. Hey, we're a great cast. We're all twenty five. That's great, You're gonna have an amazing time. That's a lot different than when you start as kids.
Speaker 4: Just you grew up together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Was there a Boy Meets World series rap party or any get together once it was canceled?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cure big big rap party that Will and I made a forty five minute.
Speaker 4: Video, that's right, That's where we showed it. Yeah, I remember, and bought suits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got for the rat party and yeah, you still remember the joke that we gave when we when we presented it. What was the joke?
Speaker 5: Would?
Speaker 2: I said? We started to make something that we wanted to be fifteen minutes long, and then we couldn't cut it down, so it's you know, and you said it's boy meets Brave Heart.
Speaker 4: Okay, remember it was like, no, I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we ended up missed have been at the rat party, Daniel.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I must have been, but I have a memory of it.
Speaker 2: We had rat parties every season, didn't we know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can't remember where the last one was.
Speaker 2: No, me neither, but I remember Age.
Speaker 4: Diamonds for some reason. It's the only one I remember.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 4: Denim and diamonds. Yeah, but that was it.
Speaker 5: Did you know it was canceled at that last party?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we knew what we're done.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were amazed the last.
Speaker 2: There wouldn't be a season seven because Ben wasn't going to come back. So yeah, so when season seven came back, we were like, okay, well just the one more time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you guys talked about Ben not coming back that time? Like you thought he wasn't coming back?
Speaker 4: I think we have, ye, yeah, because he's going to go to college.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he had already been accepted to Stanford and so he had to defer a year. Yeah, but our contracts were technically only for six seasons, so the end of the sixth season was supposed to be you know, renegotiation period for all of us.
Speaker 1: But to remember, what happened was six During six they said we'll give you the rays that you're asking for if you signed for the seventh season, right, So that was the caveat the beginning. So it's basically the beginning of sixth season, we were all negotiating you get the seventh but Ben didn't. Ben held out smart until he had been accepted to Stanford and then.
Speaker 4: Super smart fortune. Yes, not a bluff at that point, no super smart all right.
Speaker 5: This is from I believe the name is Colleen or Colin. Makes a very good point to Panga Angela, Jack, Eric Corey and even Missus Matthews. Why does almost every castmate have blonde hair or highlights all of a sudden in season seven?
Speaker 4: I can tell you why I had mine.
Speaker 1: I had mine because I had my hair dyed for at Double Hockey Sticks, which was in ninety nine, So that's probably why mine.
Speaker 4: We're still growing out.
Speaker 3: Definitely blond. Her look, wasn't it, I mean in sync?
Speaker 2: Yeahach blonde Yeah, it's totally just a trend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just what you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of rings, lots of lots of man jewelry and uh and frosted tips.
Speaker 5: Tali a p. From Maine wondering if Writer and Josh Radnor have spoken since the podcast. I believe they are soul mats.
Speaker 2: No, but I got a text that one of my friends from like immediately after we did that interview, I got a text from one of my friends from New York at that He's like, you know, you just interviewed my brother in law. His sister married Josh Radner.
Speaker 3: That makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, he's the greatest. He's like, yeah, he's the best small brid Seth. His sister Mary Josh Renner, and that's his wife that he was talking about in our interview.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I got to reach out to him.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to have producer brain at all times, but would you ever be interested in just doing a Josh and Writer get to know each other special podcast every once in a while, just yes, getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: If he's in't do it, yeah, if he's in it, yeah, we'll compare notes on the thanks, I'd love you.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 6: Julie Yang and I are now friends on Facebook and I've sent her a message about coming on the show.
Speaker 3: So I guess what.
Speaker 6: I looked her up on Facebook and she had friend requested me, I hope we don't have to have another Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, let's talk.
Speaker 3: She had sent me a message.
Speaker 6: The message in twenty twenty one, she congratulated me on my baby and said that she also has I mean, if I can apologize to her, I see if she wants to rock the stats.
Speaker 5: She's you know that this this Julie is her name? You say your name is Julie Silver. Yeah, because I mean nominated last year for the man Laurian Woworian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Career.
Speaker 4: You have to have her on that's cool wardrobe.
Speaker 3: It was also her birthday on January ninth.
Speaker 5: Oh you miss it?
Speaker 4: You hate this?
Speaker 5: I like this question? Can I ask you this one? This is from Alex t. If Corey and Topango would have just slept together on prom night, would Boy Meets World have better late season? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: I think it's such a good point.
Speaker 2: Because we wouldn't have had to do the whole like marriage committe It could have just been like, let's just be together.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And they really do set it up with this last episode.
Speaker 1: We just recapped that it really is like he's marrying her because he wants to get laid yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it would have been a better show for sure.
Speaker 5: Charisma Tea from the United Kingdom. Did any of you get rap gifts when the series ended? Like a big final gift?
Speaker 6: You guys have talked about the fact that Michael gave you watches, right and another thing?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but Daniel hasn't.
Speaker 5: Your mom said that it's possible you got to watch.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: So the party we were at, he opened the trunk of his car and he had me help, and he had a whole thing of men's watches and the whole thing of women's watches, and you started handing them out, and I still have mine. It just says for a good time Michael on the back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a tag, isn't it? Time?
Speaker 1: I got?
Speaker 3: Where's mine?
Speaker 5: I feel like your mom said that you were giving.
Speaker 3: Why would I have kept a mug and not the watch?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: All right? So read s? I figure a lot of people will ask what part of the rewatch podcast you will miss the most. But I would like to ask what part of the rewatch podcast will you not miss.
Speaker 3: It's a good question because it depends on what we do next.
Speaker 6: If we recap something, which it seems like we're going to recap something, Uh, then my answer changes because I what I would not miss is watching a show.
Speaker 3: I don't like watching TV.
Speaker 6: So the fact that that anytime I do, they don't like move.
Speaker 2: I like you like dancing.
Speaker 7: I like dancing, I like wrestling. I like to beat people up, and I like to I like to read in silence. And so every time we have to do the podcast, and and and I'll be like, oh God, that.
Speaker 6: Means I have to watch an episode and it's not about the show. It's not about that. I you could tell me it's my best it's my most favorite show I've ever seen. But knowing I have to watch something in order to be able to talk about it intelligently the next day is oftentimes a pain in my rear.
Speaker 4: God, that's my that was my dream as a child. And my mom would be like, study. I want to watch TV for a living, and.
Speaker 2: So study by watching TV.
Speaker 4: It's a nast thing. What am I not going to miss?
Speaker 2: I know that I finally, like you guys have you're never here. But you've seen footage of me having to black out my office. Yeah, like tape all this blackout because I have a skylight and if the skylights, it's like blazing on me. Uh And I just finally got shades ordered and they're being delivered and they're being assaulted right when we finished the recap. My my my podcast studio will be much better. But yeah, so I I hate having to do that every time, Like I have to get on, I have to stand at my desk and put this thing on. It's such a it's so stupid. I should have gotten this set up a long time ago to be this guy.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna be the same guy I was on Boy Me World.
Speaker 2: I'm going to miss everything.
Speaker 4: There's nothing I don't like about it. I mean, really again, it's you. I live a different lifestyle than you guys.
Speaker 1: I don't have kids, I don't know, so it's like to me, it's I wake up, I do what I gotta do.
Speaker 2: What are you going to miss about rewatching or not miss or not miss?
Speaker 1: I guess I mean one of the things I'm I'm I am going to miss IS or I'm not going to miss is bad episodes because it makes me feel awful when it's like, oh man, I have to go. I have to go and tell our fans and everything again that I hated something that they really like. And I know that you know everybody, you know, every episode that I hate is somebody's favorite episode.
Speaker 4: And so I don't like sitting there and going like, oh god, I really.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't want to yuck, You're yum.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, that's no good.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to do that. I really relish in the pain. It's really no.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This is for Danielle Jennifer from Shelbyville, Tennessee. Did you feel like the experience of the wedding on the show tainted your own wedding experience in any way? Were you nervous to jinx or curse yourself? Did you have any say in the design of the dress? I have so many questions.
Speaker 6: No, the wedding process did not ruin my own wedding, But I also didn't get married for like twenty years after the show ended.
Speaker 3: I did think while.
Speaker 6: It was going on and we were going because I got to go wedding dress shopping.
Speaker 3: I guess it was with Julie, but I don't remember it being with Julie.
Speaker 6: I actually thought I went wedding dress shopping with Sarah Markowitz, but I must have been Julie. And I remember thinking, because you know, young seventeen eighteen year old Danielle was thought for sure she was going to get married very young, because that's just what my mom had done. So that I did think at the time, Oh, like, I'm already going to have tried on all these wedding dresses when I get married to some you know Whoever, the mystery man is in a couple of years, so that day my humban, Yes, a gay man for sure.
Speaker 3: And then that didn't happen.
Speaker 6: But it was really fun and I got because of Boy Meets World, I got to do the cover of a bridal magazine.
Speaker 4: Who at seventeen, okay, And.
Speaker 6: I got to wear like massively fancy dresses us at all. I'll have to show a picture of it on our socials. But no, it was really fun. Trying on the wedding dresses was super fun. I did have a say in which dress I got to wear, but it had to have sleeves Jesus, So there you go.
Speaker 5: Tany s comes through with rapid fire. You guys, ready, okay? All right? Chubbies or the student union Chubbies Chubbies Harley or Grip hardly Griff right, Griff Yeah, Frankie or Joey.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, It's like Sophie's choice.
Speaker 1: Frankie, Joey, Frankie Hippie to Joey Wow, Frankie, frank alright.
Speaker 5: G's wow. Hippy topanga or preppy topanga, hippie preppyanga? Really yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Real estate agent or art curator Greg could have gotten stories of that, yeah, taken out, taken out by books, or taken out by pencil.
Speaker 2: Pencil and pencil, so good.
Speaker 5: Look at arc with Ricky, or talk to Lauren all night.
Speaker 6: Oh God, talk to Lauren all night for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: I want to have much that fictional character right in the throat.
Speaker 2: I feel like me and Ricky would get along Ricky and I would be sitting at.
Speaker 5: Ricky is at It's Ricky Ricky jo all right. The final one is a real real barn, burner, backyard or side yard final word yard.
Speaker 2: It's a sideyard.
Speaker 3: It's a side yard. Huh.
Speaker 2: I mean, wait, hold on, what am I saying? Am I saying what I think it is? Or what I want it to be?
Speaker 4: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be the backyard. It's literally written as the backyard, but I think it probably should have just been rewritten and said, like, this is a side yard and we acknowledge it as such, if that makes sense, Like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it played more like a side yard. As we've watched all seven seasons of the show, it has played more like a side yard.
Speaker 3: But it is clearly in design a backyard.
Speaker 1: And written as writers says, the exterior back backyard.
Speaker 5: So yeah, okay, all right, two final questions here, Mandy E. As season seven wraps up, and you have now watched almost the entire series, would you watch it again?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, yes, now I really want to because it's so different from one to seven. It's a completely different show.
Speaker 6: And now that I know exactly what's coming, and I know the way the characters change, and I know everything, I know it now I want to. I don't know, I do.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 6: I want to rewatch it too, I would I would love to start back over episodes.
Speaker 4: Right, we see him, we don't see him anymore. Right, he's gone.
Speaker 2: But little Cory like with Poene doing Shakespeare. Come on, yeah, that sounds so that's a whole Like that's a cute little kids show.
Speaker 1: I have a strange question. I think they've done this. Has there ever been a rewatch podcast?
Speaker 4: It just goes back and watches.
Speaker 3: The rewatch started over?
Speaker 5: There is that one great podcast? The worst podcast ever where them watch and grown?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean you just go over and I just feel like we would end up repeating ourselves.
Speaker 5: Doing it, doing it, Okay, we're always behind those Gilmore girls.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I mean I think it would be funny if you I mean, maybe you should pick up a couple episodes.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should go back and we should pick the five that we all collectively hated the most and watch them.
Speaker 3: But we should also watch the five that we like the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, I thought a good idea would be to ask the audience the five you got wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: That's great. Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: So basically we would give the audience but any of them that we hated at least that at least two out of the three of us hated and then say, of these, what are the what are vote on the five they should watch and the five most votes we watch.
Speaker 1: I remember I think the first one that you guys were both like, I hated this episode and you liked it, and I think I liked it. It was the when the head for the union label and when they formed a union in school.
Speaker 4: I think was the first episode where I heard the two of you go like, did I really episode? I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I wonder if my my like meter is completely different now.
Speaker 3: So now you know what, Now you know what real hand.
Speaker 4: I think it's totally great.
Speaker 2: Man, A little cute little episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, right, but now you know what true I've.
Speaker 2: Seen them exactly.
Speaker 1: I will take the worst episode from season three over the best episode from season seven.
Speaker 5: Any happens, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly how anyone ends up married?
Speaker 4: Well except for men.
Speaker 5: It's I'm on the poll, all right. Finally, last one, Julia M from Green Bay. You guys frequently ask your guests what they would say to their younger selves, But what would you tell your season seven self?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I mean coming back to what I said earlier, just take the pressure up yourself, right, dude, Just you're doing fine, Like you know that that that like just you're you're, you're you keep being ambitious, But being ambitious doesn't mean you have to beat yourself up about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be too hard a conversation for me. Yeah, I don't think I could do it because I just know what I was going through at the time.
Speaker 4: I guess it would just be.
Speaker 1: Well, couldn't you be like sugging myself and telling myself that it's going to end someday, but it's going to be twenty years of misery. I mean, I don't know, because it's it was the start of just such a dark time.
Speaker 4: It would that be that'd be a rough conversation for me. That'd be yeah, tough one. How about you, Daniel, Well, I'm sobbing, No.
Speaker 5: You are. Oh.
Speaker 6: I'd probably tell myself that this isn't going to be the only change you're going to experience in your physical body. Your physical body is going to change up and down and left and right a million more times over the course of your time on this earth, and.
Speaker 3: Your worth as a person was never in what other people defined as your beauty.
Speaker 6: And so I think I would tell myself that I still deserve to be loved in whatever form my body will take over the next however long I'm alive.
Speaker 4: It's a good message for everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you think, Daniell? I mean, I don't want to like keep prying at it, but I think this is kind of an important moment. Is like, do you think because so much of your character was the beautiful girl on the show, that the minute you felt like someone didn't feel that way about you, you were just like felt kind of worthless.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I felt, as I felt that I was, that the character I played didn't care or seemingly didn't care about her own beauty or her external form. But then we did the episode where when she did something super shocking and she got rid of something that she had always had, and that she realized, oh, maybe I do care more about that. And I think for myself, I wasn't aware until season seven that, for what I felt like were the the people in charge of the show, my worth and my value was only my looks. I don't think I recognized that until it was very obvious that I was no longer attractive to them anymore.
Speaker 3: That it became aware that I was now just disposable, and.
Speaker 6: I carried that feeling with me for most of my life.
Speaker 2: What a way to throw a character under the bus, too, you know what I mean? Like you write, you spent six years developing that this character is all these amazing, wonderful things, and then for you to feel that way in season seven.
Speaker 1: It's just it's such a tra This is also though, it's one of those things.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this so many times.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much easier it would have been on both of us if you and I just talked about it?
Speaker 4: I know, because we never talked about it.
Speaker 1: We smiled and okay this, yeah, well, hey, this's gotta be great. Where you and I literally just we were both smoking at the time, we just went out.
Speaker 4: And just talked about what had just happened.
Speaker 1: It would have made everything so much easier because our souls left our body in that meeting. It was like we we both died a little bit, and it was they had the big smiles in their face. Well, I mean, you guys, we don't have to you know, we don't have to point out that you both gotten heavy.
Speaker 4: So we're going to write to it and we're like okay.
Speaker 1: And had we just talked about it just you and I, it would have been so much better.
Speaker 2: As warm and loving as a set as we did have there was you know, that kind of vulnerability was pretty rare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like we were we were always laughing and joking and teasing and having fun, but we weren't really vulnerable and like open with each other, especially not by season seven. I feel like maybe in the early years I definitely like had moments with you know, in schoolroom moments like but on set when we weren't in school together, it became very much a like you don't admit to weakness.
Speaker 6: It was the same way we've talked about not admitting to caring about your career or.
Speaker 2: Care about acting yourself too seriously.
Speaker 6: We weren't even allowed to care about our feelings. It was like if anything bothered you, there was something wrong with you, Like, well, why it was, Yeah, it was I don't know. I had of everything felt like you're not supposed to do You're not supposed to feel that way, You're not supposed to you're not supposed to talk about this. There's something wrong with you. That you do, and yeah, I don't think. I think it was also just even too painful for me to admit to myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you would get those friends, even even jokingly, and and I know they didn't mean anything by it, but I had a friends you know if you did try to say anything like oh wah, you're on a TV show and you're upset. Ah, and it's like, okay, you're right, I'm just I'm gonna shook my mouth and put it in a box and throw it in my stomach and get grown's disease because I'm not going to talk about it with anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I mean it's yeah, it's it was rough.
Speaker 1: But I always think about that where it's like if you and I had one of us had just said something to the other, it might have made.
Speaker 4: A big difference.
Speaker 5: Do you think anyone and this isn't like condemning anyone on set, but did anyone ever say to you, Danielle or will like you guys cool with this, because you would have said yeah, totally and they would have just walked away. But like, no, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I think that was the intent or the state of the media that a first meeting but it was.
Speaker 4: You see, I don't think it was no, it was.
Speaker 2: Just letting your nose just like yeah, I mean, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think had I been like I'm not doing it and daniel burst into tears, Michael still would have found a way to do it and been like, you guys, it's this is why I'm writing it is because it's perfect for the way that you guys are feeling.
Speaker 4: Like he would have it still would have happened.
Speaker 2: But I know, I know that if Danielle had burst into tears, we all would have been like, whoa, well, it's the big deal. Right by myself, I would probably say it into it. I would have been like, it's funny, it's fine, it's we got to you know, you're an actor. You just got to take it and do it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's obvious. I mean, you guys are both put on weight. It's obviously that that's you might as well write to it.
Speaker 1: What they We just can pretend it didn't happen, and it's like okay, yeah, and that's why.
Speaker 4: We didn't say anything or do anything. It was just like, all right, that's this is what's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get so many emails. As the person who reads the emails, we get so many emails, who is they're dumbfounded by making it an episode because it doesn't look like either of you are fat?
Speaker 4: No right, no, right.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it was the time though, too.
Speaker 6: I mean, to be to be fair, it also was just a preference of at least one person on the show who definitely liked very waif like women. That was what that was the beauty standard for that, that preference for that person. But additionally, it was the it look of the time. It was Kate Moss Waif heroin chic was what it was called.
Speaker 2: And also just this gross thing about like comparing ourselves to our teenage bodies though too. You know, we're children, so it's like, well, you're never gonna your body's going to go through so many weird changes, and we weren't sort of allowed that, you know, and a lot of actors aren't allowed that. Like I've I've heard people making fun of the stranger things kids, you know, for their bodies and their faces and the way. You know, it's like they're changing, they're growing.
Speaker 1: It's like, by the way, if you do it on purpose, you do it on purpose, as an actor. You're a genius, right, you do it by accident or it's just you're normally growing up and you're lazy and you just get and it's like okay. So it's yeah, the whole thing is very very strange. But yeah, and I still and I wonder if it's because of them pulling us aside and saying we're doing this episode. I wonder if that's one of the reasons why I still see myself as so fat in season seven, because when.
Speaker 4: I do, when I look at it, I've been way back.
Speaker 1: I've struggled with my weight my entire life, so I've been way bigger than I am on season seven. Yeah, men many times in my life. I've lost it to sixty pounds four times in my life. So it's and when I look at season seven, I'm not that big, you are not, but in my head, I'm huge. And I think it's because somebody. It's like, you have a blemush on your face or something that doesn't bother you until somebody points at it and points it out, and then it's all you see. So I think that was I think him you know them. I'm not say him them because it wasn't just Michael saying we're doing this, and it was like spotlighting something that was kind of in my head that I already knew I was having a problem with and I was so medicated and everything else.
Speaker 4: And then but it's like, oh, yeah, no, everybody sees it.
Speaker 1: Maybe people don't see the idea that maybe people don't see it was blown up because people pointed at it. So it was like, oh no, everyonebody sees it.
Speaker 3: And everyone's thinking it.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, and that's talking about it.
Speaker 5: Danielle, Can I ask We can kind it if you don't want to answer, but I really want to know how much weight do you think you actually gained? We got this question of couple times in email people. It's not even double digits.
Speaker 3: Is it.
Speaker 6: It's probably maybe it may be somewhere between twelve and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 3: I mean I weighed night.
Speaker 6: I know for sure I weighed ninety six pounds. Jesus when in season four I weighed ninety six to ninety eight that year that I say that I peeked when I was like fifteen, and then I think I weighed anywhere from like one oh eight to one twelve in those in those later seasons.
Speaker 2: Right, that's very yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know I also at the time, I mean I didn't I don't even really I've like kind of blocked all of this out. But like that time where I weighed ninety six and ninety eight pounds and then I started very slowly. I didn't like put on the weight overnight. I was very like, all of a sudden, I would notice like there isn't a two extra pounds, and then that two extra pounds became four extra pounds, and then it became five. And you know that like during that time, I mean I started purging, I started I started throwing up, I started over exercising.
Speaker 3: I passed out.
Speaker 6: At school once from running like I had not been eating, and I and I was obsessively weighing myself, and I around the time of me gaining weight, I also stopped weighing myself because it was very clearly destructive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I was like I can't, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that also shows the time and what society was like, because you put on ten to twelve pounds, and that's what everyone was talking about.
Speaker 4: I had put on almost forty.
Speaker 1: But you there's no way will what no, no, from my smallest no, no, no season but from my smallest when I was the thinnest, which was like season two, I think when I came back super thin, yeah, when I was like teen, Yeah, no it.
Speaker 2: Was I think it was more like season five, right.
Speaker 4: Whenever it was.
Speaker 1: Whenever I was super thin, I was like one hundred and fifty pounds and I got up to two twenty, So that's seventy pounds waits, that's a lot. And I've had that fun I've just it's normal some people just I fluctuate and I exercise all the time. But I'm also almost fifty and I'm like, all right, you got to give yourself a break.
Speaker 4: And I'm doing this and I'm you know, eating.
Speaker 1: But at the time, when you're a kid and somebody does bracket what one of your worst fears it is, it's just and.
Speaker 4: Go, oh god. I just wish we'd talked about it would have been so much easier just to even just go through it with somebody else would have been so much easier, I.
Speaker 6: Know, And I wonder how much of it though, is also the fact that we were like, well, I know for a fact he's fine with it. He doesn't care and you're thinking, like if Danielle.
Speaker 1: Doesn't care about it, right, yeah, and I'm yeah, it was just it was a very strange time that coupled with all the anxiety and just it was That's why I couldn't say it. I don't know what I'd say to myself in season seven. It was just it was too miserable a time in my life. And like you said, Danielle, the next eight to ten years of my life were not good. Yeah, so it was, uh, yeah, this has been fun.
Speaker 3: This is a c well.
Speaker 5: Uh, I want to thank everyone who emails. We get hundreds, as you know, I have to weed through them. And yeah, hopefully we'll get to do this again at the end, because you know, you'll have a lot of emotions closing out the rewatch, so you know we'll ask it again.
Speaker 4: I might even cry, I know, doubt it.
Speaker 6: Cold hearted Will, frozen hearted Will might even get a little emotional.
Speaker 4: I doubt it, my robot, my robot insides, I doubt it.
Speaker 6: But well, you'd have to warm them up a little bit, just like this question. You know, thinking about what you would say to yourself, you didn't let yourself get vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't know, and I look off to the side. That's the easiest way to do it.
Speaker 1: Just hide it in a box, put it down, your stamp it down deep until you just have diary and an Arco bathroom.
Speaker 3: They have nice bathrooms, though those not the one I was in.
Speaker 4: Apparently back in the day.
Speaker 2: I guess we lost Arco as a sponsor.
Speaker 5: Actually I think they should sponsor. We have great bathrooms. Is quite a cell.
Speaker 4: That's pretty great.
Speaker 3: You can bathroom.
Speaker 4: Arco, Arco place to dark.
Speaker 3: Thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show.
Speaker 6: You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: And we've got merch.
Speaker 1: I want to say, go to an Arco bathroom merch, but after the conversation we just had, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just gonna say, love each other, talk to each other, merch.
Speaker 5: As you have a pitch for ourgo if they are listening.
Speaker 3: They are, they always are. What's our biggest fan?
Speaker 5: Okay? So, and thank you to our sponsors Arco. Where you can get gas and let them go.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like it. Fill up and empty your tank.
Speaker 3: Listen. If you like those, give me fifty minutes. Just give us fifteen minutes. We'll give Jason jims.
Speaker 6: Boom TOD Marketing, Podmeetsworldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmets World Show at gmail dot com