Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on Peacock, know that is not a picture behind me. That is the real scene here Lake Tahoe. It's the same weather every single day. It's sunny, it'll be probably in the upper seventies here. Mornings are a little breezy, a little breezy, and that lake is cold. It looks like it's refreshing. There's a fine line between this is effing cold and that's refreshing. But you'll see people out on the lake. But did Dylan, did you jump in the lake last year?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Ray did because he lost the vat we played like a mini golf game and he lost.
Speaker 2: They had to jump in the lake. Okay at three in the morning, Yes I did.
Speaker 3: Add yeah, we get here at around four thirty four o'clock in the morning to go on at six am local.
Speaker 2: But the pro am.
Speaker 3: Today and the tournament, there will be a pairings party tonight and all the celebrities I say in quote marks, they will be in the room together. They go over the rules, they announce you know who's here, They bring out American Century CEO, and you know, then we go have fun. Well, everybody goes and has fun and we go back and go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 6: Right after this little meeting happens, there's this cocktail hour where I'd say there's probably I'd say there's probably seventy five.
Speaker 7: People in a small room with two little bars.
Speaker 6: I've never been in a room where every single person was famous before. Marvin and I looked each other and we're the only two non famous people here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very much. I would say this.
Speaker 4: It is like a middle aged version of Entourage. Yes, like like you're the famous one, we're Turtle and Drama and eat like where just the plus four?
Speaker 3: You know what you bring up Entourage. I'm flying out and I stumbled upon the episode where Johnny Drama is fascinated with lamar odoms cabs. Yes, I said, I'm gonna watch this and it still holds up. There's still some really funny lines there. Uh you know, and I remember when you watch that, like it was who what celebrities are going to be in all of these uh you know, different episodes there, But I remember Drama is at that party is a Jamie Presley who was in Earl?
Speaker 2: Well what what what was that Uh.
Speaker 3: My name is Earl Jamie Presley and they're at her beach house and all of a sudden, Drama is staring at some guy's calves and he's like, what what is your deal man?
Speaker 2: Are those real calves? And he's like, what you know?
Speaker 3: And then but he sees lamar odom me wants to know if he got like, uh implants yeah, marmon.
Speaker 4: So if we were Entourage, obviously you're the movie star you're gonna chased.
Speaker 2: Is Fritzy drama?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I think you'd have to be drama.
Speaker 2: Who's turtle? Dylan? You turtle? I figured that was probably gonna be the case. Uh, Paul, you'd be e yeah.
Speaker 7: I've been told that before.
Speaker 3: You'd be e okay, And that makes Marvin Riat. No, you don't have that personality, No, no, no. But Jeremy Piven in that role is unbelievable. He really is. You may not like him the character that he portrays, but he's unbelievable in that role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pullet.
Speaker 6: I saw an interview a long time ago Jeremy Piven how he got the role in Entourage. His agent at the time was Ari Emmanuel and so he unknowingly been studying this guy for years, and then when he said you got to play this super agent it's based off he goes, well, that's my agent. He goes, I know him. I know the mannerisms for lack.
Speaker 2: Of a better word, in Ori Emmanuel.
Speaker 3: Is you know, is there a bigger agent in our world than Ari Emmanuel? And I remember he sent me an email and he said something basically about, uh, let's cut to the chase and let's get this over with. Let me represent you. And I didn't respond because I'm like, can I I don't know what. I didn't want an agent, but you know, in retrospect, I probably should have followed it up to say, okay, let's meet, like just for the story. But I remember I got an email and it was just random. And this a long time ago, obviously.
Speaker 5: Yes, Dylan, if you're Ari Emanuel and you're watching entage, you go, what the hell?
Speaker 2: I'm not like that. I don't know. I think he's probably like, all right, that's me. It's based on me own it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Argentina comes back to beat Egypt. You're up eleven, no eleven minutes ago, you're up to and you let Argentina come back, Switzerland over Columbia pks, big ratings for USA Belgium. Close to forty million people watch that.
Speaker 2: Wembledon.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, every four years Wembledon is like, oh, that's right. Wembledon's going on. All quiet on the Lebron front. No World Cup games. I think we need a day off from the World Cup. Shoheo Tani is three hundred home run Dodgers first team to sixty wins. Say good morning if you're watching on Peacock, download the app if you haven't done so. We say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. And of course this Sunday star studded show in Vegas, Caitlin Clark and the Fever. They'll be going against a Asia, Asia Wilson and the Aces WNB on NBC streaming on Peacock. Is Caitlin Clark going to play because she didn't play this last game with the bad back, She hadn't played in a couple of games, I think, But for promotional value, Caitlin Clark and the Fever against the Asia Wilson.
Speaker 7: Yes, Pom, yeah, they said that back thing is day to day, as they.
Speaker 3: Always say, everybody's day to day stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Pull question for the final hour of the program, Billy, Well, you just threw.
Speaker 5: This one up Dan off of the this is the one Marvin sent off the Lebron topic. Who is more underappreciated their tenure Lebron and La Are Jalen Brown in Boston.
Speaker 2: Or neither.
Speaker 3: I don't think Lebron was underappreciated. I would say Jalen Brown, especially the way this ended.
Speaker 2: I still don't get it.
Speaker 3: And look, I use anonymous sources, but I don't use them in a mean spirited way. I try to be fair if I'm going to give you a Scouts response, and you know, I try to make sure that I'm doing something in a professional manner. But when you have an anonymous GM who says that Jalen Brown's not a top fifty player in the NBA, okay, Like, that's where I think you got to.
Speaker 2: Put your name behind it.
Speaker 3: Well, like you can throw out and look, you know, behind the curtain here, folks, all you got to do is say sources, that's it, because nobody says you're going to take a lie detector test. Do you really have a source on this? You don't have to have a source. You can say you do, and all of a sudden, that validates what you're going to say. If you're going to tell me as a GM, Jalen Brown's not one of the top fifty players, I really question your credentials as a GM. Tell me the other forty nine you're going to put ahead of Jalen Brown. Now, he might not be user friendly, maybe he's not a great locker room guy. Maybe he's not a great teammate. Maybe you know he's the smartest guy in the room. I just want basketball analysis. Let me start with that, because that's really what this is should be about. What kind of basketball player are you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Did he say this was his best year or favorite year? Okay, favorite year individually? Team wise, you bow out against the Sixers, but you know you proved you could carry a team like he did. I just don't know if you have somebody who put that year together unless you're saying these stats are hollow, Those wins by the Celtics were hollow. You didn't have Jason Tatum and you're gonna say that he's not a top fifty player of all time. Well, let's see what happens in Philadelphia, because I think Philadelphia got a steal and this helps him with that backcourt with Jyalen Brown, I don't need to lean on JOELMB too much.
Speaker 2: If I do, probably fall over.
Speaker 3: But you know, if I can get twenty five minutes out of him, they can be a real dangerous thing. But that for the life of me. You get Paul George and you get you know, some draft picks. You gotta get Tyrese Maxears. I mean, I got to get something out of that, and you didn't. And this addition by subtraction, and now you're hearing this is what you're gonna hear. Well, you know, Tatum and Brown didn't really have that good a relationship. There not a good locker room guy, selfish guy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean this is where if one guy says something like when Tiger Woods got in trouble, once one guy said something, everybody was allowed to say something. Phil Micholson got in trouble. Now everybody's allowed to say something. And now Jaylen Brown obviously to a lesser degree, with the things that Tiger and Phil have been accused of. But you're gonna tell me he's not one of the top fifty players of all time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pauling Jalen Brown averaged like twenty eight, eight and five this year. I know he got a lot more action. He's an mb Finals MVP. He didn't luck into that MVP. He earned it. It was tough for him to get it over Tatum, but he was a.
Speaker 3: Better player when they won, and rightfully so was the MVP, and he was a legitimate MVP candidate this year. I mean they wanted him out. I mean they were desperate to get him out. If you're getting Paul George that's it. I kept thinking, WAYMNT, I gotta be reading this wrong, Like Paul Georgian some draft picks for Jalen Brown. What was the other trade offer that you would have entertained there?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I thought he would go to Atlanta and they got some young talent. I thought there was a chance Minnesota, Minnesota before they made their trade. But I mean, I'm surprised. And then you know Lebron I think is going to go into the Cavaliers. I felt that all along, said that on the show that if he leaves the Lakers It just makes sense. The book ended your career. Go back there. That's a really good team and they need something. We saw that the last couple of years. Now you go back. I truly thought if the Knicks did not win the title, Lebron would have gone to the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Now this is just my mind.
Speaker 3: I don't have any information, but I think that he would have gone there, or the Knicks would have been all in for Giannis if they didn't win the title. I thought that that was going to happen. Today is the anniversary of the decision sixteen years ago. Tonight, is there a chance that Lebron would say, you know what, why don't I announce it.
Speaker 2: On the anniversary of the decision? Huh? Or maybe purposely not doing that. Yes, Marvin, that's.
Speaker 4: The biggest misstep of his career, So I'm not sure if he wants to bring any more attention to it. Like everything he's done has been pretty smooth.
Speaker 2: Other than that, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: If you look at this, that's a crazy part, Like, it's not if that's your misstep. You know you did okay, right, you did okay in your career. Let's go around the room, best and worst of the weekend. Let's see Dylan. I'll start with you.
Speaker 5: Well, Dan, obviously the hot dog eating contest takes over. But my best of the weekend is bad Lands Booker breaks his own world record chugging a gallon of lemonade in twenty seconds. And it was everything that it sounds.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. It was terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the hot dog eating contest is like it's gotten too predictable. I barely watched it. I had it on in the background. You don't you know it's gonna win. They really had to mix that up a live bit.
Speaker 3: He's just coasting it, Yeah he did. Yeah, he's toying with people. What else do you have doing?
Speaker 5: My other best end was getting to play the Edgewood Course with you here on Monday.
Speaker 8: It's a pretty awesome place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a lot of fun. No, we had fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we had times looked like we knew what we were doing, and then most of the other times we looked like we didn't know.
Speaker 2: Todd Best and worst of the weekend I.
Speaker 4: Skewed negative, with two worst one like the two best of Dill and the two worst one being that four to one lost of Belgium and another trip not to the elite eighth of the World Cup, and it.
Speaker 2: Was mentioned earlier.
Speaker 4: In a six to four loss in Saint Petersburg, Florida, the Yankees struck out seventeen times, first team in American League history to reach that dubious mark in consecutive minitning games.
Speaker 2: The pin strikes is what they are now, right, Marvin best and worst of the week can best of the weekend?
Speaker 4: Donovan Mitchell will get another big bag four years, two hundred and seventy three million dollars man if I was athletic worst of the weekend. Chris Syracuse talked about this earlier. Chris Johnson in former offer running back getting diagnosed with ALS.
Speaker 2: It's awful to see.
Speaker 3: I take pride in interviewing Michael Strahan has to ask about football. Yeah, the people behind the scenes. You can't leave him out there and not let him ask about football. And this is als? How much of this is attributed to football? What has he been told that? Chris Johnson, It's a terrible story, but you have to ask the question, what have you been told of?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: You might say, well, what's it matter now? Well, it does matter for the next player in the next generation and the.
Speaker 2: Next I mean.
Speaker 3: Steve Gleeson is still teaching us about what happened to him, and you gave your life basically for football.
Speaker 2: You got to ask the question.
Speaker 3: Look, there are times when you don't want to ask a tough question, but that is one that we need to learn from because a lot of times what happens we study your brain when you die.
Speaker 2: The correlation.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, in fairness to Michael Strahan, he might have been told you can have Chris Johnson, do not ask about football? What role football played with the onset of als or maybe producers. I don't know, but you do a disservice to the host. When Mike can't ask about this or didn't ask about this. Now that was a shame, you know, that's a missed opportunity there, PAULI bestin Worst of the Weekend.
Speaker 6: I got best of the weekend Dan, because I know staffers these days are bragging about their golf scores. I just hit a putt on the green out there and a lot of putting challenge got to be my best of the weekend.
Speaker 7: But I'll stick to sports best of the weekend.
Speaker 2: The video of you on Peacock there what a coincidence. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't text them at all.
Speaker 2: You didn't talk to anybody behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: Make a lot of putts down.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: My best of the weekend is Cape verd That was a nice fun story for the World Cup. Hopefully it helps them with tourism and visitors and all that kind of thing. My worst of the weekend going back to the Celtics trade. The Celtics have a history of winning trades like this, going back to how they got the pick that ended up getting them un bias or the picks during the years that the Markel Folts trade was all timer.
Speaker 7: The Celtics don't do this.
Speaker 6: They don't make bad trades there they benefit from bad trades.
Speaker 7: I don't understand how they did this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go back to red Arbanc, you know, getting Bill Russell, uh, you know, drafting Larry Bird ahead of everybody, like they always made smart decisions, and this is one of those where I still go what happened, Like, was he truly dislike that much? And maybe this stuff will come out, but I mean I'm still surprised at that that that's all you got and it's not even good. Paul George. It's occasionally good, Paul George, Yeah, dealing.
Speaker 2: It almost feels a little bit like.
Speaker 5: The media sort of willed it into existence a little bit too, like the narratives around Jalen Brown and stuff like true or not, it had basically been spoken into existence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I said all along, once you failed to trade him, then you had to trade him. If you're gonna put him in the Jannis sweepstakes, now you have to trade him. Because you've been talking about when you can't coexist. They play the same position. You know all of these things. All I know is if you get to the NBA Finals, you get to the finals and you win a title, I think you can coexist. But I'm still surprised that that's all you get in return. They're not a better team now than they were a month ago. Yeah, point like.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see a trade with Orlando a get Pollo ban Carrol, a guy with upside, a guy who could score.
Speaker 7: And that's not the best.
Speaker 6: Trade, but something where you're like, oh, that's saucy, that's interesting, that has.
Speaker 7: Some future to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Marvin Bill Simmon is going to do a documentary on what could have been legit with Tatum and Brown because they've gone to six conference finals, two finals, won the title, and they're twenty eight and twenty seven and you split them up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's still one of those head scratchers. We'll take a break. Brian Baumgardner, the actor who played Kevin in the Office, had a chance to talk to him. He's got a really interesting story that he or scenario when he dies, what he wants me to do and others to do when he dies with his body and that before you're coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my Pott Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every day. Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sports book.
Speaker 1: And all the best guests.
Speaker 9: Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio, app Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: The number one athlete of all time in the state of Nevada, Todd.
Speaker 2: I'll start with you, Do you have.
Speaker 3: Any guests number one athlete in this you know him, you do know him. You know at least the top three.
Speaker 2: They had to be born there or they were known for They are from there, They are from there.
Speaker 3: Wow, Baseball, I'm gonna say Greg Mattock, Greg maddox is at Blue number one, number two, and I don't want to say to sport. Number three is baseball, Yes, Paul, Bryce Harper, Brice Harper, Okay. Number four is Patty Shehan golfer. Number five is Julie Mancuso skiing Julie or great scare number two on the list of greatest athletes in the state of Nevada, alliteration. Married to somebody who's better at his sport than he was.
Speaker 2: Paul oh No Olympic sport, Paul.
Speaker 3: There's no questions. Andrea Agacy ah married to Steffie graw Uh Brian Baumgartner. He has a podcast, We Need a Fourth It's a comedy in golf focused series. He's hosted by Brian from the office Kevin h Cooper Manning, and former ESPN anchor Kenny Main. Brian stopped by after playing yesterday, and uh, I started out with something awkward because last year when we saw him at the pairings part, He's like, why didn't you invite me on the show? And we go we did, so. I asked him why he blew us off last year?
Speaker 2: Thanks for leading with that, Dan. It was it was less a blowoff.
Speaker 8: It felt like a lack of It felt like a pity invite, is what it felt like. It was like, Oh, no, you can come talk to us if you want.
Speaker 2: And then I showed up at like six am. You guys were gone. It was weird. It was weird.
Speaker 3: Well, you had the big watch. Didn't you have that expensive watch on last year?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. You don't remember you had a watch on? Yeah, PAULI, I'd.
Speaker 6: Like to join in on this side. There was not a fake invite, Brian. If we're fake invite, we would say you're welcome to stop by the set. We said we would love for you to stop by the set. I heard Fritzy say it love love you know what you know what's funny is Fritzy was here last year.
Speaker 2: Nailed it true?
Speaker 3: That's true? Yeah, yeah, but I did vacation. Yeah, but you were invited.
Speaker 2: I was. That was then you made it awkward for me.
Speaker 3: You reached out to me to invite yourself on the show.
Speaker 8: Well, I felt like I felt like I owed it to myself to come and join you guys.
Speaker 2: Here. What's my favorite place on the prank?
Speaker 6: Just to defend us again, I got the email from last year from Fritzy to the people who run the American Center, we would love to have Brian on set.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's let's find that email. When's the last time you talked to Aaron Rodgers? Oh, so we're going from one to the other. We're going from one to the other.
Speaker 3: Daan, why did you want me to do the chilly episode?
Speaker 2: I remember?
Speaker 8: Actually, I'm gonna I'm gonna steer to the side for a second. I remember I was on with you guys one time. I feel like it was during COVID and because I remember where I was living anyway, and you brought up cameo. You said, what's your favorite cameo? And I was like, Dan, you're bringing up cameo? Like this is so and you were like no, And I gave this long answer about cameo and congratulating people on their wedding, and you were like, no, dude, your favorite cameo in the office.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, sorry, yeah.
Speaker 8: I steered around that pretty well. He's coming back. I don't know if you heard he's playing for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, for another year. He's playing for another year. Did you go to his wedding? I did not.
Speaker 8: Did you get invited? Dan, I did not. I spoke to him recently. That's not true. We messaged recently. He's very disappointed he can't be here. This is, like me, one of our favorite plays on the planet.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you get invited to Taylor Swift? I did not. I did not. That one hurt my feeling. That one did.
Speaker 8: When I was like on you know, on the next day on Instagram, everyone T plus T or whatever. They were all told to say that, all said T plus T or whatever, and I was like.
Speaker 2: That person got an invite. I know that. Yeah, I did the same thing. Did you get an invite?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. Oh I heard rich Eisen, did I know? And that's why I said, are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: My feelings were hurt.
Speaker 8: Had to run into Rob Wriggole this morning and be like, how was the wedding?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know, but I it feels like there's a line of demarcation for celebrities and we were underneath that.
Speaker 2: You were underneath.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, Now Billie Eilish, if she gets married, I feel like that one.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would get that one row. Did you now she's a big Office fan. She's a big Office fan.
Speaker 3: Yes, so she recites lines, she knows, she knows the trivia, she knows everything.
Speaker 8: Actually, one of my favorite stories I had her on this uh oral History of the Office podcast that I did again during COVID, and she came on and I posted a photo of course of us chatting, and she's at that point I think I'd seen it fourteen times, and I was so, no, fourteen times.
Speaker 2: Right, and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: Right, But all of the comments under the Instagram post were only fourteen times I've seen it thirty three like why are we giving her crowd?
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, Okay.
Speaker 3: When people see you, though, is there a line that they throw out?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it's likely something about chili here at the American Century Championship. I will have a lot of chili comments yelled at me, for sure.
Speaker 3: And now you get invited to chili cookoms to be a judge.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah mc mc judge. Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 8: Look, I had never made a pot of chili in my entire life before that moment. No, I'm not surprisingly I've made a lot, but the culture of it. You know, I was invited to the World Championship Chili Cookoff. I believe that name is correct, but this is not. This is like fifty sixty years it's been going on. It's a big deal. And the culture of it, the communal aspect of it that people get into it to want to try different things and try other peoples and talk about I really do I really do like that.
Speaker 3: Let me go back to where I wanted to start, through the awkward stuff that we had. But we're talking to Brian, Bob and Gardner. By the way, I've called you Brian, bum Gardner, Gardner, and Garner Gardner. Yeah yeah, yeah, so I've done all of those. So I want to pologize. No, no, not tell me yes no. I also referred to you as Kevin when I was saying instead of calling you Brian, yes, your name, and I've referred to you as Kevin.
Speaker 8: So I wanted to get that out of the way. Okay, I avalogate. No, that's totally fine. You know Dan Hicks, who who is that? I don't know if he's doing it this year, but announces the American Century Championship.
Speaker 2: Does NBC's he probably got invited. No, he calls me.
Speaker 8: He calls me as called me a number of times on air. Bruce bombarded because the wrestler right there was a world champion, like one of the best American wrestlers was Bruce Bombgartner. And somewhere in the back of his head him like, let's cut to Bruce Bombgartner on seventeen and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, no, okay, I was gonna clip this for my reel.
Speaker 3: But this is what I wanted to ask you about. How much was open to interpretation when when you take the role of Kevin, Yes, how much.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to expand on them?
Speaker 8: You know, quite a bit, but even even your delivery, Yeah, I mean it was collaborative for sure. I felt like, you know, and I'm not saying this in a weird, like upity way, like I came from theater, right, So for me, it was much more about creating a character and how does this character move and how does this character talk? And like that was a big thing for me. And then as as the as the writers sort of fell in love with certain aspects of the character, then through the writing they would start to push those things. Let's call it. His childlike sensibility got increased as the years went on.
Speaker 3: For sure, Yes, but are people surprised when you don't sound the way you did on the own?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: I mean like even this morning, someone's lovely wife came out and was walking with us.
Speaker 2: We played a pro am.
Speaker 8: This morning and and she was like, I did not expect you to sound this way.
Speaker 2: So yes, but do you feel like you have to then go into Kevin No? Oh you have you? Have you retired Kevin Dan?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: But you you? But you you talked about calling it because this also happened today.
Speaker 2: This happens all the time.
Speaker 8: I mean with the guys I play golf with at home that I've known for years, and we play and we'll get like on the twelfth hole and I will hit a particularly good shot and it happened today on the course simply just goes good shot, keV.
Speaker 2: Don't They don't.
Speaker 8: They're not thinking about it, but somewhere in their brain that lives.
Speaker 3: And you know, the Office is going to live on long after we are alive. Yes, like immortality, Yes, when you think about.
Speaker 2: It, No, it's yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Most most people don't know that. Most actors don't get that.
Speaker 2: That's true. Longevity, that's true.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean, look, obviously, I'm appreciative of everything that the.
Speaker 2: Show has brought.
Speaker 8: You know, I think and I've talked about this before, probably to you, but I think it's the first show in the history of television that and it was a hit when it was on and one Emmys and all that, but it became bigger through streaming. You know, it had a full life, and then a couple of years go by and then Netflix, and you know, I mean, I all due respect to Netflix, I mean, the Office kind of.
Speaker 2: Created helped to create that.
Speaker 8: Streaming television shows that was the thing that people chose.
Speaker 2: And you know, particularly I don't know why I mentioned COVID. This is now the third time. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess I'm thinking about it. Yeah, people were just watching it.
Speaker 3: But I there's so much subtle humor, which is what I love. It's sneaky humor. But Michael was so over the top. Yes, how do you keep like there's part of you has to deliver a sneaky line understated, But then you got to keep your wits about you when Michael's going over the top and trying not to laugh in those moments.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I mean that was a huge challenge. I've I ever told you my trick.
Speaker 2: My trick.
Speaker 8: I looked down at my hand, so I would take and I don't have particularly long fingernails, but I would take the fingernail on my pointer finger and I would dig it into the side of my thumb and focus on the pain that was being created there as I looked at him to try to not laugh. Yes, totally, I mean you need a trick. I guess a lot of people talked about they would never look into his eyes because Steve, when he saw you, I mean, he would go for it. They would just look right there as opposed to his eyes.
Speaker 3: The funniest Manning brother is Cooper Cooper copper.
Speaker 8: Manning by far by far not close, so all due respect to the quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have a podcast with Kenny Mayne and Koopa Manning. Yeah, Cooper, Kopa Cooper, Yeah yeah, Cooper, Cooper, Copper yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. What do you guys talk about golf? We eat a fourth? Oh that's okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: It's it's about Apparently he didn't get the brief beforehand.
Speaker 2: Todd, I said, give me information giving.
Speaker 3: No, it's I think he gave it to me last year, but you didn't show up.
Speaker 2: We nailed it.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, we need a fourth. Three of us, we get it. We invite a fourth on to have a conversation about comedy and golf. And oh, well, now I got awkward. I got real awkward.
Speaker 2: Ye well I invited you.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, well maybe are you free next week?
Speaker 2: The name of it is, we need a fourth we need it's available.
Speaker 8: It's we're available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Let's do this again next year.
Speaker 8: Let's do I got to tell you one story, and then when I come to tell you this story next year, then tell me so I don't repeat it. I have It's not written into my will, I guess is that but my will?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: I have never said this like publicly, but this is not a bit. This is not a bit that I must be deposited, not cremated, not buried, but my body, my full body in that lake right back there.
Speaker 2: That's it. Well wait, that's what I'm wanting, is dead.
Speaker 8: Yes, whenever we're rooting for it happens. Oh And they're like, how do how do we accomplish that? And that isn't my problem. I won't be here anymore. But I want someone to put me on a boat, just like the old mobsters, and I want to be buried.
Speaker 2: I want to be right there at the bottom of the lake. Yeah, that's where I want to be.
Speaker 8: This is my favorite place in the world. I love it here love.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the Fredo. Yeah, do you want to be Fredo in this lake? It was in Taha.
Speaker 8: I'm more Michael, But yes, I'll join.
Speaker 3: If you're going to die in a boat and on this lake, then you gotta be a fraidom because fred.
Speaker 2: Lets me very clear, I don't want to be shot.
Speaker 3: And deposit when I pass, Okay, I will, and I'll still be alive. So I'll let people know. You help, Yes, I will, You'll help. I promise, Yes, I will put it in my will. I'll be a pall bearer. Oh yes, great, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna lift me up? I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'll need some help. I'm gonna need you know, some strong guys there to help me.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, that's a deal. Thanks for juning, Thank you, thanks for being here. Brian Baumgardner.
Speaker 3: Kevin from the office and his podcast We need a fourth available wherever you get your podcast, And I guess we're gonna dump him in the lake here. He said that he'd never brought that up before, and I'm willing to do it, uh, Todd.
Speaker 2: If I was going to.
Speaker 3: Spread your ashes or bury you someplace? Is there any place special?
Speaker 4: I would say, if I was going to do such a thing, I guess Mile High Stadium.
Speaker 2: Okay, right at the fifty yard line. Okay, how about you doing so? I'm actually, uh, this was actually one of my buddies ideas.
Speaker 5: But I would like to be stuffed and sat at the kitchen table, and whoever's willing to keep me at the kitchen table, and my family gets all my money.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I didn't expect that one.
Speaker 4: How about you, Marvin Stores Connecticute? Oh, yeah, Gamble, of course, Yeah, where else I was gonna Okay, I had.
Speaker 3: No idea, but it's kind of odd to put your ashes on the basketball court.
Speaker 2: Anywhere around me.
Speaker 3: That'd be you know, slipping and somebody gets hurt. Geno Oriam is mad at you, Danny Hurley, you know, cussing you out your memory.
Speaker 2: But I'll be dead so I won't know Paul for my ashes.
Speaker 6: I was going to go Soldier Field, but I have no idea where a social field will be. In three or four years, I gotta go Wriggley Field right there, Dan by the warning track of just Blending.
Speaker 3: We did meet somebody, and this is years ago at Wrigley and the guy was trying to get his dad's ashes sprinkled left field warning track, and you wanted to know if I could help him, And I go, how do you want me to help you? He said, would you put my dad's ashes in your pocket? I said, well, is it in a container? And he said it was in a baggie. And he said, would you take the baggie out and sprinkle my dad's ashes on the warning track. I said no, I did. By the way, Oh it's a meat Wednesday. Thanks to our friends at Rectech and it's a pub day. Shepherd's Pie, bloomin onion, pulled beef sandwiches, lemon pepper smoked wings. If you're watching on Peacock, we'll unveil the food right off the grill right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Todd is getting a wedding cake to the face after the show because he bet me that Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey would not get married, and I was the lone holdout. I said, I love love, and I know love when I see it, and they will get married. So Todd, you're getting a wedding cake to the face. I'm ready, Yes, Paul, Are you.
Speaker 6: Gonna have that little figurine of the bride and room on top? Because I can then pail somebody.
Speaker 3: I know I'm going to have those on there, but I'm gonna take those off. I don't know how a wedding cake. You know, when you get married and they smash the cake, you know, when they take cake. I don't know why they do that. I don't know who started that. I'd like to take the cake and smash them. But you imagine a woman's her entire life gearing up for this, getting makeup done professionally, and then you got knucklehead who's gonna smash you in the face with the wedding cake.
Speaker 2: Yes, doing aren't wedding cakes like crazy expensive too? It seems like a bit of a waste.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I okay, I've gone to a couple of weddings and I don't know what's going to happen at my daughter's, but I found that they don't have the cut the cake ceremony in it more. They just kitchen cuts it up and then puts it out there on plates, which I kind of like.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, it's kind of a hybrid.
Speaker 6: They take the top of the cake and use that to cut, but the rest of the cake, the base as we call it, is cut up before for time purposes.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing that was really weird. When my wife and I got married. The garter and then you dance with the bride and then you put money into her garter. I'm going, who are these guys and what are they doing? Maybe it's a Midwest thing. I don't know, but I just knew that. Have you guys ever heard of that where they put money in the garter?
Speaker 6: When I grew up, I went to a number of weddings like that, and I think it was.
Speaker 7: I don't know, if it's a Midwest thing. I want to pin that on them in Midwest.
Speaker 5: Yes, still, I think that's just if you want to release them back to the streets.
Speaker 2: The bride.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crickets, Yeah, I think you had a pretty good show up until that point.
Speaker 2: That's over.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: How about this day in sports history, Paul, I'll.
Speaker 7: Try to segue there. Dan eighteen eighty nine, John L.
Speaker 6: Sullivan defeated Jake kil Rain in the last championship bare knuckle fight.
Speaker 7: Guess how many rounds the fight lasted?
Speaker 6: Thirty six, seventy five rounds, then fifteens of breeze.
Speaker 7: These days, I think we're soft. That's all for sports history.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, there was the decision by lebron on this date sixteen years ago. Uh, the Washington Redskins in twenty fifteen had their trademark vacated on the grounds that it may cause offense to Native Americans.
Speaker 2: That was eleven years ago.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm watching Ryan Fitzpatrick over Dylan's shoulder. He's doing some chipping over there. He's a pretty good player. He looks pretty jacked too. Like you look at these quarterbacks and you go, man, they're small compared to the guys chasing I I'm out there with Ryan, I go, damn, pretty good size.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but we met Matt Ryan last year. I was like, that guy is six'.
Speaker 2: Six he's a tall drink of. Water that's what he.
Speaker 3: Is, uh let me see anything else that needs to be.
Speaker 2: Mentioned i'm not sure who's on.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we got we got a lot of people lined, up but you, know they have to play their round of. Golf that gets in the way of us doing a. Show but kind of selfish on their. Part but we'll keep you updated on social. Media let's go around the, room see if we learned. Anything, todd did you learn anything?
Speaker 2: TODAY i?
Speaker 4: Did Taylor twelman couldn't believe how Sluggish TEAM usa looked Against belgium in The round of.
Speaker 2: Sixteen dylan's you learn anything?
Speaker 5: Today someday you might Find Brian boumgardner floating In Lake.
Speaker 2: Tahoe. Yeah. Uh marvin seventy five rounds in.
Speaker 7: Boxing Paul dylan's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Stuffed what DID i learn? Today? Todd, oh you don't paricularly Like Dylan's Pablo escobar. Sunglasses, no they look like women's. Sunglasses they almost certainly Are dan okay