Speaker 1: The volume. Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draftking Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. One no sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus that's expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: I am your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: He's your favorite number eighty five rout runner, Extraordinary Bingo Great Bengal Ring of Famer, a six time Pro Bowl Player player, a free time All Pro player, Chad Ocho, Senko Johnson. Please make sure you like and hit that subscribe button. That way we'll know the feedback that we're getting. Leave comments that's also acceptable on Apple podcasts. We're at one million, one hundred and twenty one thousand subs oho.
Speaker 3: We're gaining. We're gaining.
Speaker 1: We got to try to get to one point two by the end of the month. That's our goal, to try to get at least one hundred k every month. That's what we've been doing, I mean months, we do more. But considering there's no really no football, and that's mainly kind of how we got this thing started, I think we're doing pretty good. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can get the feed through Club Shay Shape, but we greatly appreciate it if you were to subscribe through the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you guys again. I can't thank you enough for selling out Shaped by La Portier. But we are starting to get in and get them back and start. I was talking to my team tonight.
Speaker 3: We have five We got about three thousand cases.
Speaker 1: Coming in on the thirteenth, considering that we just the eight thousand buckeles we just got in, so we're gonna be pretty good. So we're taking pre orders. The turnaround is a lot sooner than the two to three months that you had to wait. Thanks for being with us, Thanks for being patient with us. We greatly appreciate that. So thank you again for joining us. We're gonna try to make it as entertaining and as fun as possible, just like.
Speaker 3: We usually do.
Speaker 1: But I aim as to always get better from one show to the next, and so far, considering the feedback that you guys have been giving us, I think that's been the case. Oh Joe, you had a very eventful day yesterday. You were supposed to go.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, yesterday was you know. I'm not gonna call it bad. I'm not gonna call it bad because they have patience. But this is a tail testament as to why I normally fly spirit. This is why I fly spirit, because I don't run into issues like yes you do.
Speaker 1: Oh, cho froze for a second. Let's see if we can get his Wi Fi back going again. But he froze. Hopefully he gets that rectified. But I'm gonna let the things that important listen, listen, stay froze.
Speaker 3: Yes you're back.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I'm in a hotel and uh in New York. That's not supposed to happen.
Speaker 3: Huh why not?
Speaker 4: I mean because when I when you look at the prices in some of the some of the states where people are moving from because the cost of living is very expensive, I think the the Wi Fi should work in this area that I'm in.
Speaker 5: Or am I wrong?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure it does work. But I mean, like, hold on, I thought you had patience. I mean, sometimes, do you know, flights get delayed, things happened.
Speaker 4: Well wait, wait a minute, you're right, so that that did happen yesterday, and it was because of the weather.
Speaker 5: It was because of the weather.
Speaker 4: So but the fact that not only is the weather but I was at the airport since four o'clock, so I would have I would have been in New York and I would have been able to do yesterday's show. But due to the weather, the fact that they kept us there the entire day, making us believe at some point we were going to get to New York. But we boarded a plane at twelve thirty at night after being there for what what six seven eight hours a day, and then we board the plane at twelve thirty at night, and then only to tell us to de plane because the flight staff had already.
Speaker 5: Went over the amount of hours that they can work for a day.
Speaker 4: I mean that that that that that hurt that that hurt me, So I mean I wouldn't I'm on tripping. I went to there in the Miami Airport, there's a section where you can smoke cigars. It's in D thirty four, like a little Fridays. I went over there for two hours and smoked the cigar, and so I wasn't tripping. But everybody else listen, there was a plane. There was a fight at the back of the plane. There was a fight at the back of the plane. As soon as a guy said we got to get off because we can't fly anymore and there is no replacement crew. Everybody upset, everybody, you know, screaming and hollering, and I felt really bad. I felt really bad for the gay agent because they got they got the brunt of it.
Speaker 5: They got the brunt of it.
Speaker 4: Why couldn't you tell us and just cancel the damn flight and have us sit at the goddamn airport for six seven hours whatever it may have been.
Speaker 1: And I really felt bad.
Speaker 4: And again, even though it was a weather delay, Spirit would have handled it differently. Spirit would get out even if I won't get out.
Speaker 5: They were they were going to let me know.
Speaker 4: And if everybody broke not not brochures, vouchers, they would have give everybody vouchers. Listen, we don't want you to see you at the airport all day.
Speaker 5: We have your phone numbers, we have your information.
Speaker 4: We'll email you and let you know when to come back to the airport, not have you sitting there all day. And listen, it's it's unfortunate, unfortunate incident. Mother nature is unpredictable, and that's what happened. But you know what, I'm here today, I'm hyped.
Speaker 1: I feel good.
Speaker 5: I have a surprise for you because you didn't You didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it could happen, but it did happen, and we'll get to that later on. I just before I keep going, lebron, thank you. I appreciate it to be able to give me something like that, which is unbelievable with milestone, and to think of me and uh and bless me with that gift.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh to.
Speaker 1: I think we've all been in a situation where we were rated, waited around for an extended period of time if we were gonna get something, only to find out that we weren't going to get it. And you could have saved us some time. Why didn't you go ahead? Why didn't you go ahead? Tell me then it wasn't gonna go down like I anticipated. So that's not the first time, it probably won't be the last time that there was an anticipation about getting something or getting out somewhere and it didn't happen. But like you said, you have more patients than I do. Because uh, I need you to give me some answers because I want to get on home. You and you would have been upset.
Speaker 3: Yell, yeah, i'd have been upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm just I think for.
Speaker 1: Me, I went to I went to the sky Club because I normally fly Delta and so I probably went to the sky Club. But to be that, well, hell, that just happened to us. What the hell am I talking about? We just had a situation happened during the National Championship game. We was out there in Houston and delayed for like eight nine hours. It happened to be. The thing was, you know, we were in the room, you know, had a little had a little card call, you know, a little dark skinned card that I was able to go into. We got a little room to ourselves. But other than that, right, mm hmm, it had been bad.
Speaker 3: I look, don't I don't. I don't look.
Speaker 1: I spent more time at airports the last six months than I have probably in the last six years.
Speaker 3: But it's a you know, it's a part of the job.
Speaker 1: It's a part of my job and what I have to do, not only for for ESPN to fly and have to go to New York from time to time and with Steven a like we take the show on the road, but for La Portier that really has me a traveling a lot because I'm the marketing arm of la Portier and show up at these bottle signings Roger Wilco's Total Wines and things of that nature, Gallo have sales meeting, Eagle Rock had sales meeting, and give a pip talk to the staff. So that's a part of what I have to do. So I'm on the road a lot. But I understand that that's what I signed up for when I wanted to be a part of this. Uh become an owner, co owner and.
Speaker 3: Shaved by Laportier. So that's what's acquired of me.
Speaker 1: So I don't really have a problem with it, but I just hate if you show me a lot either if I had a private jet, but I don't have one of those, so.
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, be easy on you, boy.
Speaker 4: Now, it wouldn't be easy because listen, whether private or whether it's domestic, you still it's still the same thing. You gotta get on. You got a board, you gotta get off. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I could do.
Speaker 1: I just lie. If you let me get that bad from you, let me get that bad from real that's the one way trip somewhere.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yep, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Let you let your boy get that double leg. You know you want to get that double leg.
Speaker 4: But what you already got one? You say you're a double Actually you already got one.
Speaker 5: You got to.
Speaker 1: You know, I get it. I know, you know, you know I keep just the k, just that k. I'm I'm liking somebody a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I got you? Yeah, you know you know that not walk the bag because you ain't boy for me. You need this, you know.
Speaker 4: It's it's funny when we had when we had French Fried serenity for those of the them know, when we had my daughter, I bought it a navy blue double X at the diaper bag, right, and I doubled back Christmas time and got the gold because the goal that just came back I hadn't seen a long time. Because we got the god damn it boy bag. I I forgot what you call it. We got the goal. It's the square. I can't I'm losing my mind right now on what the bag is actually called.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we.
Speaker 4: Got the yeah yeah, not not not the big, not the Xcel had the small the boy bag. Okay, we got the smaller and smaller gold. But when I saw that goal and I was like, oh shit, I ain't never seen this. And then when you said or it came out in twenty nineteen, I had no idea because all I knew was the boy bag, you know, the all gold boy bag.
Speaker 1: They had it.
Speaker 5: It was limited uh after that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, but let we can go ahead, We can go ahead.
Speaker 3: I did play.
Speaker 1: I ain't got it. You got it? You got it. Time for our first topic of the day, it is the news cap were right up.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The Broncos informed Russell Wilson they're going to be releasing him. His releasal would trigger an NFL record eighty five million and dead cap. It's the largest dead cap hit in league history, bigger than the previous two records combined. The previous record was Matt Ryan forty million, five hundred and thirty thousand and Aaron Rodgers forty million, three hundred and ten thousand. So if you combine those two together, they're not as large as the money that the Broncos are going to have to eat that they can't use for cap space on Russell Wilson as a matter of fact, if my math serves me correct, they're not going to even get to the extension.
Speaker 3: So they let him go.
Speaker 1: Russell made one hundred and twenty four million dollars for two years of work with the Broncos. This is what the Seahawks got out of this deal. The Seahawks got a first rounder, a second rounder, a fifth round pick in twenty twenty two. They got a first and a second round pick in twenty twenty three. They also got the quarterback what's the quarterback from Missouri? Forget his name? They got no offense the Broncos tight end. They got Shelby Harris, who was a defense who was a young defensive tackle?
Speaker 3: Look is that his name? What's his name?
Speaker 1: I forget his name? Ask what's his name? Quarterback for the Broncos. Oh, Drew Law?
Speaker 3: Drew Law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Broncos paid russ one hundred and twenty four million in salary, gave them no offense.
Speaker 3: Who was the Broncos first round draft pick?
Speaker 1: Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, and two first round picks, two second round picks, and a fifth round pick. To say this was an epic fail for the Broncos would be an understatement, A great game for the Seahawks for the Seahawks because the Seahawks weren't going to pay that money. They weren't going to give Russ the extension that he wanted, right, And so when you can think about it, I don't want this and I can turn it into something epic. So just let's just say, for the sake of argument, oh Joe, you got a cold that you no longer want to wear? If you know what somebody say, Oh Joe man, how give you fifty thousand for that col You're like, okay, hell, I was looking to get rid of it anyway. Right, That's what the Seattle Seahawks did for Russ. So what are your thoughts about I'll chiming after you. What are your thoughts about what the Broncos did? Oh that's the nature, that's the nature of the business. Yeah, hoping and expecting to get well, I blocked out, No, you're good, you good, okay, but you're scared me for a minute. Again.
Speaker 4: It's a gambling business in a sense when it comes to owners and investing in players, because you never knew what you're gonna get. But what they were hoping to get, what we all thought we were going to get was the Russell Wilson of old that were used were used to sing with the Seattle Seahawks. Very good, very good, very very good quarterback, obviously nine time Pro Bowler, Super Bowl winners, super Bowl forty eight, when they when they beat when they beat the Broncos. To me what I think, I don't think they gave Russell Wilson enough time to come in and change the organization in the direction in which they wanted it to go.
Speaker 5: I think the owners that don't.
Speaker 4: Have a football background, they don't understand what it takes, the time it takes to turn the organization around.
Speaker 5: They wanted Russell Wilson to come in and be this.
Speaker 4: Ungodly savior and flip the script and all of a sudden make them contenders right away.
Speaker 5: That's not the way it works. That's not the way it works.
Speaker 4: I think they had a good quarterback now that they put themselves behind the eight ball, because now you're not going to have anyone at the helm, and you basically started all the way back over when you could have kept Russe Wilson, what's right I would have done, understanding what he's done, understanding the experience that he has, playoff win, playoff playoff contender, being in Super Bowls.
Speaker 5: He knows how to get there, he knows how to win. Let's build around him and have a little patience.
Speaker 4: People that are not football owners or have football backgrounds are very impatient, and then they can spin their way into winning right away.
Speaker 1: And that's not going to happen now.
Speaker 4: As far as Russell Wilson the future, to me, what makes the most sense right over there in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Right over there in Pittsburgh, why not.
Speaker 4: You're going to a historic franchise that is known for doing what winning Lombardi Trophies. They have everything you need right around. Great running game, super Bowl winning coach, great receivers, hell of a defense. It just makes sense, no matter what anyone else says, it just makes sense to me as a propose to any of the other places that he can go.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Oach, Oh, a lot of times, I I phrase things and I use analogies, and I use analogies a lot when it comes to relationships. Yes, sir, this was a relationship. And we hear this all the time. Well, somebody had to pay their wife twenty million, thirty million dollars man, I'll to keper. Well, if you're not happy, why would you keep them? That's the Broncos situation. He's like, Man, it's gonna cost them eighty five million in dead cap. They're not happy with Russ. They don't believe in Russ, so why would you keep it? So in this situation, I won't. I want players to understand. You see what they're willing to do. Now they'll eat eighty five million in which money they can't use for future players for players. But if you ask them for eighty five million, they ain't got it. Fas you see that, Come on, c I you see our teams find money and do they basically throw eighty five million?
Speaker 3: That Okay, they're.
Speaker 1: Paying Russell Wilson thirty nine million this year and he won't take a snap for the Broncos. Now Russ can go out there in the open market and maybe get another deal and he might make eighty million dollars this year with the thirty nine plus the money that he gets from another team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this notion that, oh man, team, teams are always gonna do what's in the best interests of the team players. Please do what's in the best interest of you. I'm not telling you to go, I'm not telling you the state. But what I will tell you is that you need to do what's in the best interest to you. And you know, oh, I gave him a hometown discount. Teams never give sponsors, They never give advertisers.
Speaker 3: They didn't give.
Speaker 1: ESPN, they didn't give Fox, they didn't give CBS, NBC, Amazon, they didn't give Peacock.
Speaker 3: They didn't give them no discount.
Speaker 1: Say you know what, guys, Hey, they say, CBS y'all, y'all been coming football for sixty years. We're gonna cut y'all the deal. NBC y'all been at it for about fifty. Fox y'all got the deal, and not y'all came into ninety four. So you know what, y'all been at this thing for thirty years. We're gonna cut your deal. They don't cut anybody else's deals. But the team always want players to give them a deal, and players like, yeah, you're right, I'm gonna do it in the best interest of the team. Yeah no, that's not your team. If the team said Johnson, do us in the best interest to Johnson, cut that's the team that's helping the team but that team said Bronco, that team say Cowboys or Eagles and Giants or whatever the players say, and they take that money and do what right in their pocket? No nothing to take that back, go right back to the bank and draw interest. When do you ever heard from When have you ever heard teams cut prices on tickets, cut prices on concession, cut prices on memorabilia or excuse me, paraphernalia. I just want to see that team lose and still increase the prices. Yeah, if they win, you know, damn well, they're going to increase the prices. If fans go right along with it. Yeah, they don't even know. They're like, oh, oh, you mad at this guy and he taking order taking your Money's like, yeh see how we did it. We got them thinking that he's selfish. But it's really us the selfish. I mean, it's it's been that way for a very long time.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that there are some fans that really understand the business and understand, you know, the little nuances and the games that the owners do play and how they they flip the script and have the fans believing that the players are the issue, and it's it's it's sad.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this is a cutthrow business.
Speaker 4: And if you understand the business in general, and you're able to separate the business and emotions side of it, you know, and understand the game of football in general, then you're able to differentiate between the two and who's right. And most of the time I think it's being the best interest of fans, but the players, even though you're even though your loyalty is with a Pacific team.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the players gonna leave Ocho. Yes see you left Sincy. The Bengals are still in Sincy. Yeah, cars of Palmer left, the Bengals are still there. Joe Burrow, Chase, if those guys, that's why it's hard for them to untie their loyalty and don't have loyalty to a Spacific to a specific player, because said player is gonna move along, whether it's three years, five years, ten years, fifteen years, or if you're fortunately like Tom Brady, you played twenty years in one locale, but eventually you're gonna move on.
Speaker 3: But guess what that team's gonna stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now you do have isolated say you get Saint Louis, that was in Saint Louis and you know, boom they leave right or actually the Cardinals, the Arizona Cardinals was in Saint Louis and they went to Arizona. They were the Saint Louis Cardinals, and they went to Arizona. The Rams were in Anaheim and went to Saint Louis. Now they're in la hell of Oakland. They go up and down in the state. They were Oakland and then they rammed and then they excuse me, then the la the coliseum? Did they back to Oakland? Now they went to a whole nother state. We see the coach, we see the coats moving in the middle of the nineteen eighty four So but the fans loyalty has been well and for the most part, be loyal.
Speaker 3: To the team. But it just goes to show that the teams don't care.
Speaker 1: They'll eat they'll eat eighty five million.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's happened.
Speaker 4: It's happened many a time before, and then you just don't hear about it until it's a player of this caliber, right, and it gets somewhat of an eye opener. But it goes on all the time on smaller scales. Very seldom that happened on the scale of this magnitude.
Speaker 1: Well, we saw what they did. We saw eat the money with Matt Ryan. We saw them eat the money with Aaron Rodgers. We've seen them eat money before, but not to the tune of double what the other two high dead cap hits worked, So he doubled it. Now it's time for a new segment. We've got a new segment, Oh Joe. It's called Money Moves and it's presented by Draft Kings. Money Moves presented by Draft Kings. Tell me, where do you think Russell Wilson will be playing next season? Okay, so we got it. It's gonna be delayed.
Speaker 3: I get it go.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be like all the other segments. So let me go back, Ojo. Yeah, we know Russell Wilson will no longer be a Broncos. They'll announce you today. They're moving on. They wish Russell good luck. We got a new segment and it's called Money Moves, presented by Draft Kings. O Joe, where do you think Russell Wilson will be playing next season? You ready? Can I answer?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, missen.
Speaker 4: The team that makes the most sense, the organization and the franchise that makes the most sense. The team and the organization in the franchise that has a head coach where it makes the most sense. The team of the franchise and the organization that has a great receiver and George Pickens, a great running back in naj Harris. Yeah, there are the players one of the best teams, the players on defense, and also a great supporting cast with that as well. Yeah, you put a quarterback in that situation in itself, I.
Speaker 5: Think it gives them a great chance to being contention again.
Speaker 4: Even me as a Bengal, can sit here and be honest about it, and what Russell Wilson can do for the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Steelers, I can do that. I can do.
Speaker 5: I can separate the two, even though my allegiance is as a Bengal.
Speaker 1: Right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite at minus two hundred. Then comes in the Las Vegas Raiders at plus two seventy five. The Atlanta Falflons are thirty plus four hundred. The Patriots, or for.
Speaker 4: Let's listen to, the Steelers will probably be the one that makes the most. No, no, none of that makes none of that makes sense. I'm just telling you what makes sense from a football standpoint, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, they're also in the running for Justin Fields, and it seems to be the Steelers have the biggest offer on the table for Justin Fields.
Speaker 5: I like it, but I prefer Justin Fields in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying me. I'm knowing and knowing Justin Fields. Listen, I can't put myself in his shoes. I'm just saying what I would do if I were Justin I would probably go I would probably go to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously, I think that would if he has a choice in the matter.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think he had the choice.
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is the Cowboys, Cowboys, the Bears are probably gonna go for the best offer. Who's gonna give me the biggest package because they do have two first round picks.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have thought that Justin Fields would have bring at least a first round pick, even if it's at the lower you know, somewhere between twenty seven and thirty two. You know, obviously, Kansas City is not in play, Buffalo's not in play, Baltimore is not in play.
Speaker 3: Who else? Who else made it that far?
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers are not in play, so you know, maybe so maybe somewhere between twenty and twenty five because we know, like the bottom of the teams that made it to the championship games, we know they're not looking for a quarterback. We know the Lions are not looking for a quarterback. But I think for me, I love Justin fields to Atlanta. It's his hometown team. He would be dynamic on that turn. They have skill position players.
Speaker 3: I like him. With Raheem Morris, it's gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've named the coordinator yet, but I think they can do dynamic things there. But right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite to land Russell Wilson's services.
Speaker 5: And you know what's funny.
Speaker 3: What's that is?
Speaker 4: I said this so long ago. I said this so long ago before anybody was saying it, and they called me crazy. Oh that's not going to happen. I mean, listen, let you finish your poor Yeah, I mean, they call they called me crazy. You know, I said, listen, if anything happened, if things don't work out, you know, obviously, when when the rumblings in the in the talks of him leaving and and and them cutting him and letting him go. The first thing I said was, well, the only thing that makes sense to me based on the landscape of the NFL and in the situation and quarterbacks on the rest of the other thirty one teams. There are some places you just you just ain't going to have quarterbacks solid five for ten years.
Speaker 5: But hell, the best thing that looks good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: You see that girl walk by with that with that skirt on.
Speaker 1: That's the still that's the Stellers. That's yeah. It maybe some ice medal or something. Uh, you got you got, You've got ghost in there now, you know.
Speaker 3: I get bet. I got to think nice.
Speaker 1: I got a football table up here where you at?
Speaker 3: I bet? Uh? I bet the uh I bet the I mean Dallas.
Speaker 1: Oh, you got a house in Pablast too. But I was at the forefront. I said, Russell'm not gonna be in different next year. Man.
Speaker 3: How you know, man, you don't know, you ain't in.
Speaker 1: The locker room. I can see. I love when people start. Man, you don't know ro y'all. I know y'all think that people like ESPN hired me and I was on you know CBS because I'm a pretty face. But do you actually think do you actually think that when I tell you I don't really do a whole lot of stuff. I don't really do a whole lot of breaking news because.
Speaker 3: That's not my job.
Speaker 1: They got when I was at a network, When I was at Fox, that's Jake Glazy's job. When I'm not ESPN, that's Adam Schefter, rest your soul more, that was their job.
Speaker 3: So that ain't what I do.
Speaker 1: But you bet your ass now if I tell you something, now, if I tell you hey, if I tell you hey, if I tell you a duck smoked cigarette, if you grab him and hold him and check his wings, got some bests in the hedges up under there. I'm just telling you. I'm just tell you what you do. If you grab me, just catch you. Holy w Look he got a pack of cigarettes. So fun of them for.
Speaker 5: You In old school, I don't think nobody caught that.
Speaker 1: The chat young for the bens.
Speaker 5: In the hedges. Now, hey, cool with Marlborough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had an uncle that smote them. Paul maul You know, Paul maull' ain't had no filter or that prince, the old old guys, had that prince habat in the cane? Oh yeah, you know what, that prince habited in the cab or that duesn't that's old back, Okay. Dak Prescott is confident in getting a Todd Francis, Dak's agent. Dak Prescott is confident in getting a deal done for himself and the team. It helps with the team, and it helps with the numbers. Everything is great, It'll happen. Dak also responded to Jerry's recent comments on the culture of the team, saying the culture is high.
Speaker 3: The culture is great.
Speaker 1: From my standpoint, That's something I've always bragged on and took Priday in any questions about that.
Speaker 3: I feel attacked. I know some guys in.
Speaker 1: The locker room due to Okay, it seems like from what I've been reading, Dak had set the fridge, could reset the quarterback market. Three years, one hundred and eighty million. That's seventy million a season, three years, one hundred and eighty million, that's sixty million a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you know who looking at that, right, Joe Burrow, Yeah, Justin hurb Justin Herbert just got no, they got resigned. Who's the quarterback this up now, who's quarterback up now? Because I think I don't think Baker's gonna reach that number. I think Baker's gonna be somewhere around thirty five, somewhere between thirty and forty.
Speaker 4: About forty, right, I think Baker Baker about forty. But if you look at it, all the all the top quarterbacks have been paid time. Yeah, everybody signed and.
Speaker 1: The last Josh Joshu signed, I mean Josh signed, Joe has signed, Herbert and signed, Mahomes just signed his deal, Lamar signed.
Speaker 3: So I don't really see any quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Who would be up next.
Speaker 4: Who's in that upper echelona quarterbacks that can that can warrant again, nobody, type of money, nobody.
Speaker 1: So everybody's already done. So I mean, you're gonna you're gonna extend Jerry Golf, but he's not gonna approach that number. Baker Mayfield is a free agent. He's not gonna approach that number.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts got his deal done last year. So when you look at it, oh Joe, there are really none of the top I just uh uh uh Rock Purty, he's not approaching that number. Kirk Cousins, I mean Kirk Cousins is a free agent, but I don't see I don't see him getting that number.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It seems like Minnesota is still in play for his services. You hear the Falcons being talked about in play for his services. Maybe even the Washington football excuse me, the Washington Commanders may be in and and and and and play for his services. But I don't see one of the I don't see Dak. I don't see Baker. I don't see Golf. Oh tur tur is a ya, who is I don't see. I mean Tour might get get he might get you know, four years, a couple of hundred million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you got forty forty three a year something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty forty forty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean then they don't have they don't have a choice because where's your other option?
Speaker 1: You know, Trevor Lawrence is doing a contract pretty soon here.
Speaker 3: This is his third year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're probably they'll probably get him done after this season. But again, knowing Jerry to start on the helmet, wanted to make a big splash, which is something that he always likes to do. Dak is going to get paid, Yeah, Dak is going to reset the quarterback market because there won't be anybody else to come behind him and be able to reset it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a while, so.
Speaker 3: And so and plus o Joe.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Dak has no trade clause, so you can't trade him, so you'd have to release him and that would trigger ain't no tell him where his cap hit would be because he's gonna count fifty nine million. Uh and so that's kind of why you want to do it, because they know where you can afford a cap hill like that. And you've got CD, then you got Micah. Now they might save some money because it doesn't look like the outstanding left tackle Tyron Smith is going to come but be back.
Speaker 3: You might save some money there, right.
Speaker 1: Guess what, guess what's coming down the pipeline. You're all pro left guard?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You see that that got the rock going on, got the hate, the somewhat shaved head, got the go tee going got rid of he got rid of the beard. It got with to the with to the gold tee and that that's that.
Speaker 4: That's that money, look man, that's that money.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. When I was playing, I had to go to when I was playing. I think it must have been real thing, that one thing. It was. It was, it was, it was, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 5: It did what it needed to do.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It gave a little intimidation. Yeah, intimidate was in my intimidation. Taget, little go tee, mouthful of goals, blonde mohawk.
Speaker 5: I was ugly.
Speaker 4: I didn't care nothing by being pretty. I was out there, straight character, straight persona. You forget his work?
Speaker 1: Do you fear me?
Speaker 5: And that?
Speaker 3: That's yeah I was.
Speaker 5: I was a funny looking dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand my I didn't understand my potent until I cut my hair and GQ asked me to be on the cover of the magazine. You know, but I told him I had to decline because that's not me.
Speaker 5: I'm not a.
Speaker 3: Model, you know, a model.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't no motel.
Speaker 4: I just I just I didn't know I looked good once I got rid of all the extracurricular bullshit I was putting on.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Rail would have liked that guy with a mind full of gold and a blind mohawk.
Speaker 5: She wouldn't have no choice, because that's still me.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 5: Rarely nah, nah, nah nah, she ain't.
Speaker 1: She ain't had no choice.
Speaker 4: Listen, she she the one was stalking me back then, she was stalking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she talked talking about it.
Speaker 3: I was, I was.
Speaker 4: I was her crush. Yeah, her little celebrity crush. I said, honey, I ain't.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 1: You know, you weren't no celebrity with you. You're a celebrity now you're a football player. You are celebrity now, old Joe, right right.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that's I caught a football for a living. Ain't nothing by that?
Speaker 5: Famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what do you think?
Speaker 1: What's your take on the what's your take on the culture of the Cowboys? Thanks?
Speaker 5: I love the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love CD. I only have one problem with the culture when it comes to the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe the fans also may have a problem as well. The person who runs a show, the person who runs a show.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's the only thing I have a problem with.
Speaker 4: When you meet somebody and the first thing women women, women that are in the check and the test to this.
Speaker 5: You know, how you meet a guy and he does.
Speaker 4: And says all these things, he promises, all these things that he's gonna do for you. And you know when you first meet you, oh you know, a dude act of fool. When he first meets you, he do everything.
Speaker 5: Roll out the red carpet, you know, I mean he put on but on the back end. After six months, should everything start to change? You know, we rolled round into decembol. You know, it's just saying you don't call as much, he don't text as much. He didn't got comfortable, he didn't got content. Dam You know, I just I need Jerry, Jerry, I love you. And I know he's seen it. He's seen the clips.
Speaker 4: Allow the players to do their thing, Let mister McCarthy do his thing. Allow that got to be the leader that he is, Allow the players in the locker room to lead that team. Allow the head coach to be the leaders of men that you hired. We don't need you at the forefront. We don't need you making an appearance every day. We don't need you talk about who's hurt, who's gonna play, and who's not. We don't need you creating tension, mentioning Trey Lance knowing that you're starting quarterback, is that like, we don't we don't need the confusion from you to always keep us in the headlines because the product, like Frank Lucas said, the product is gonna sell us self. The Dallas Cowboys are blue magic. You don't have to do nothing when it's gonna sell itself.
Speaker 1: For ready, Jerry is the culture. That's why a lot of his players talk, because he talks. That's the culture, he says, do you see see Harry? The thing, oh Joe, If Jerry were to start talking, that means he fades into the back. Jerry wants to be the face of the team. He has something. No other owner is the face of of a franchise. That used to be Jared Steinbrenner. I mean, yeah, George Steinberner. George Steinbrenner, that was Al Davis. That's Jerry Jones. Every other owner is perfectly content with letting their players, they're great players. Normally a quarterback be the face of their franchise, right, But not Jerry, Because Jerry, I bet you Jered signed just as many autographs as a player. You think, so, oh yeah, man, they love Jerry because wait, Jerry pull up. Jerry pulled up at the bar down there by. Hey, everybody drink Wait, Jerry. Wait he he be in public like that too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hold on, now, when since when you ever known of an owner to actually be in public amongst the people?
Speaker 5: Now, I mean you, you're saying that you're looking at me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't be in doubt not, but I don't understand.
Speaker 3: How Jerry.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Mark, Mark Davis is kind of like that Mark Davis.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mark Davis loved basketball and he loved UFC in boxing. So I the flop machines for real? Yeah, okay, but I just can't picture. I can't picture.
Speaker 5: Jerry Jones out in public amongst the.
Speaker 1: Masses most most no, most no. Oh yo, I told you it was gonna come in. Because NFL is greeted, the NFL reporter list still wants to get the eighteen regular season game. The NFL expansion the seventeen regular season game was controversial given the potential impact on its player of safety, but the league isn't likely to stop there. According to Mike Florio, to push the eighteen regular season games hadn't been abandoned, helping safety concerns be damn Now under the new rule, the CBA is safe until twenty thirty. Twenty thirty is gonna be here sooner bit sooner than later, because we know how these months and these years pass by, and they're at a certain point in time. O Hoe, there's only certain. There's only so many ways that you can generate revenue. Okay, now, an extra game? Imagine what think about what the seventeenth game did, So what would an eighteenth game do?
Speaker 3: O Joe froze again? The price is going up.
Speaker 5: Yesterday's price ain't today's price.
Speaker 1: You know what it's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you see me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see you fro You frozed a little bit different really, but that's but that's the go ahead.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Know what I was trying to say is it's all about money. At the end of the day, it's all about a dollar. You understand the bottom line and understand why they want to add an eighteen the game, then you have a better understanding. They always preach player safety, player help, blob by this, blop out of that.
Speaker 5: Listen. I don't care what they say. It's all smoking mirrors at.
Speaker 1: What they do.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I see here, I see.
Speaker 3: Better than I hear.
Speaker 1: I hear what you're saying, Oh, what we did? You see what we did for the kickoff. We don't let the players take off running get a running start. They can't leave it to the ball. You saw what we did for the kick return. We took the two man we took the two and three man wage out. So we're trying to be safety, the defensive receiver, the impact on the quarterback. That's what we're trying to do. Let's add a seventeen. Let's add an eighteen. Yeah, because like I said, oh, there's only so many ways. Okay, you got ESPN, you got Fox, you got CBS, you got NBC, you got Amazon, you got Peacock, you got them max to capacity where they say, well give us something, Nicole m seeing what they wanted. They wanted to see more blood. Yeah, we want more, We want more. Are you not entertainaigned?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, give give the people what they want.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's crazy. Man, Listen, the players, the players are getting the piece of that pie. So I'm curious how the players will feel about it, because you know, knowing the eighteen games coming, uh, and depending on.
Speaker 5: What the slice of that PLT look like, the players might complain they might not.
Speaker 3: They can play O joe. They complained about the seventeenth game.
Speaker 1: Man, oh the game. It used to be twelve games, then it went to fourteen, then it went to sixteen, and it was complaining because you know the brutale of the other sport.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine think about it now.
Speaker 1: They didn't have no defensive receiver, they didn't have no no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Pillows for the quarterback to follow up.
Speaker 1: They tore your head off, and so the players knew if we increased two games with the way we're playing, that's even more of a physical toll on your body. Okay, they went from twelve to fourteen to sixteen, they say, come on, man. And even though they tried to scale down with some of the with some of the rules, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh cho, the guys are bigger, they're faster, they're.
Speaker 1: Stronger, and so even though you make the cars safer, that still you going at a high rate of speed and you could only provide so much protection, right because you're dealing with it inherently. I don't care what they put on the bull Rider. They can give them a face guard, they can't give them a net guard. But that's still a one ton animal that's creating that kind of GE's and one hundred and sixty pound man, one hundred and sixty pound pound man trying to hold on with one hand. So there's only so there. You could only make a car so safe. I don't care how many airbags you put it in. I don't care what the seat belts does. You can only make it so safe. You can only make it so safe because you're dealing with an inherently dangerous game, right, that's crazy man, And they love health safety first, Hey, you he bad? I could have I could imagine on Joe how to be walking about it. Had to play ag don't Joe? You see your boy got both got both his hire and I didn't playing with sixty Can you imagine an extra game and playoffs the extra too?
Speaker 5: Yeah you, yeah you would.
Speaker 4: You would have been hurting, but you know, you know it would have saved you. What if you there's no no practice. If you ate like I told you, you would have been all right. You want to eat all you want to eat, all that healthy stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: The healthy stuff had you getting surgeries. They have you, It had you limping, They have you, They have you with ailments.
Speaker 3: You understand me, Well, what happened to my sister?
Speaker 1: Huh? My sister ain't eat band? She about to get both the HUDs replaced. So what'shu excuse? Well, I ain't she ain't played, she ain't played those sports softball. I don't know. I don't know, but she probably even just dressed out for gym class. We focus on you right now. We focus on you. We focus on you.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I just I just know that if you ate like I told you to eat instead of all of the healthy stuff you talk about. But my body, my body is still intact. I play soccer. I play soccer on the weekends. You know, semi pro league. I'm very very you know, still able, moving fast.
Speaker 1: And Cola were the same, only semi you doing sem colon yip. The current post said, how build this year? Cowboys feeling the fines thirty percent? O Joe Hotel smoke detective fine sixty two percent. I don't know what it is with you and the mother smoke detectives.
Speaker 3: O Shoe.
Speaker 1: Wait, sit it again. We had a current poll up high build this year Cowboys penalty fines thirty eight percent your w hotel smoke detective find sixty two percent. Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Anytime I go into a hotel, I always ask for a room where I can smoke. I always do that. And if I can't smoke with what I do do is is I always bring some fabulous soul.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, fabulo.
Speaker 4: So and once you go out on the you go out on the deck, it's it's fifty degrees outside.
Speaker 1: And out. Yeah, well, how I'm doing the show? I can't. I'm doing the show, said I'm saying before, No, that that that that that that's not gonna help me.
Speaker 4: That's because that when I'm when I'm talking, like normally when I'm smoking a cigar, I'm in a cigar bar.
Speaker 5: What are you doing your cigar bar? You sit, you're relaxing, and you're talking.
Speaker 4: So I want that same feeling as if I'm in a cigar butar and I'm conversing with y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Complex rank the biggest college sport stars of the past twentieth century, and here they are Johnny Manziel Texas A and M one, Reggie Blush USC two coach Frin Colorado, three, Zion Duke four Tim Tebow five, Caitlin Clark Our six, Jimmy for that b YU seven, Joe Burrow LSU eight, Cam Newton Auburn, nine, Lamar Jackson Louisville, ten, John Wall Kentucky eleven, b y Way Way too low, twelve, Manty Tale, No to.
Speaker 3: Dame, too low, too low, and Angel Reese.
Speaker 1: They stopped it at fourteen, Angel Rees, what's number fourteen? LSU Outstanding Forward Center from the Lady BYU Bengals.
Speaker 5: That's a dope.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen and everybody you like that? List Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: And any problem with the placements. Cam Newton ain't no way in hell Cam Newton number nine, considering what he had going on, right, they're asking questions, Uh, what did his dad do? What didn't he do? If it's gonna be eligible, can he win the housital with this circulating? How is this gonna trasfire? I mean what he was able to do. He went to Tuscalooser down twenty four to nothing and they won the ball game.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think that's it's the past twenty years, okay, okay, twenty years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: A really good list Man because everybody that's on there we talk about, you know, controversy.
Speaker 1: At least Johnny Manziel had the controversy with the signing.
Speaker 3: Regis had the controversy.
Speaker 5: Why is Baker Mayfield not on it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: What do you think I mean?
Speaker 4: And again again, I'm Baker Mayfield was very Johnny Man's zealish with the antics and the fun, you know, the entertainment before game, the flag in the middle of the field type.
Speaker 3: But I think the thing is with the.
Speaker 1: Frenzy with Johnny and Cam and Reggie. We know the n c A got involved. What's really going on? Johnny Manziel signed four thousand items. He's signing items every month, right, Reggie, we know his parents got a house. What's going on? Is he captivating? He ends up losing his Heisman trophy.
Speaker 5: With which he should get back, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure, Cam with his situation, he was hand picked his dad. His dad got money to deliver his kids to all work. I just think Cam is too low for me. Cam is way too low. Yeah, if you want to keep Johnny and Reggie at two one two, I'm.
Speaker 3: Cool with that.
Speaker 1: Ain't no way in hell that Cam should be out of the top five.
Speaker 4: So you said Cam would be at three, and then you move coach Listen and Zion with Tim Teba Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: The list is so good where it's almost if you talk about anyone's story during their time and tenure during their collegiate career, it's almost as if you can't even put him in numerical order because they were all so great during that time.
Speaker 5: So I think even even with this, it comes to preference.
Speaker 4: On who you like personally because you can't even put the greatness that is in each.
Speaker 1: And they said they didn't rank the player and how good he or sheep were.
Speaker 3: It was the buve. It was it's what they created off the field.
Speaker 4: And we know what one of their stories in the order to me me, okay, yeah, Vince Young, Yeah, Hey, was Vince not? I can't I can't remember what year was Vince at Texas he.
Speaker 1: Looked that remember they beat Reggie and them in the National Championship Game at.
Speaker 4: The Rose when he when he scroke, he ran over to the year.
Speaker 5: Was that you remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was two thousand and five maybe or season two thousand and five, I think.
Speaker 3: Asked was that two thousand and five. I do think that was my rookie season.
Speaker 1: I mean at CBS rookie season because of the four and then I think the championship happened in January oh five, ah, January sixth.
Speaker 4: Them boys, them boys was elect you're frying man oh man, everybody else there.
Speaker 1: You know what now that I think about old Joe Pete Carbon doing some bullgye for the longest time. You remember they went for it on fourth and winning. Reggie Bush wasn't on the field.
Speaker 5: Probably did that on purpose.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: You remember the call, the call in Seattle.
Speaker 5: And the superatto some boys some BULLI.
Speaker 1: Man t teo with that situation. You gotta be hoigh old Joe.
Speaker 4: It was the fake girlfriend thing, right right? Yes, okay, okay, okay, I remember that. I remember that vaguely.
Speaker 5: Hey, whether he was with the charges, he's still playing or he done?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I think he charged. I think he played a year or two with the Saints. No, he's done.
Speaker 3: Raised.
Speaker 1: I think they had a documentary documentary on him. I think he's doing extremely well now to be interesting just to see.
Speaker 3: But his story. He was an outstanding college football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the zion wh the buzz around.
Speaker 5: Him listen Zion as one of those players.
Speaker 4: Obviously, you know I don't watch basketball that much, but I consistently kept seeing his high lights, and I kept consistently kept seeing his name. And even I, even I, who doesn't like or watched basketball, purposely caught a few games just to see what all the hype was about.
Speaker 5: I had, I had to see it. I had no choice.
Speaker 4: Speaking the games, man, guess where I'm going tomorrow while I'm in New York. Man, Man, Man, Yeah, I'm going to the next game. Man who Me and Doug Me and Dougie maybe, uh, they they're hosting us. They got his court side seats, So I'm excited. Obviously, the last time I experienced a basketball game, I witnessed Joel and B dropped seventy mm hm. So I'm curious see what's gonna happen tomorrow when it comes to next Knicks players. I know I know Josh Hart and I know Jalen Brunton because I beat both of them.
Speaker 5: I beat them one and one on one.
Speaker 4: You know, throughout the years playing some of them fellas in basketball, so I know them.
Speaker 3: Some curious and they played brunting out he hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened? If they can bruce me? The h X race came back negative?
Speaker 4: Ah, man, so Josh Hart, Julius Randall played there.
Speaker 1: To random hurt too. Mitchell Robinson is also hurt.
Speaker 5: Well on who the hell I watched tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Dante Devincenzo, Josh Hart, okay, depends on who they play?
Speaker 3: Who they play tomorrow?
Speaker 4: They playing the Falcons? Oh, I'm sorry, not the facts the Hawks. Yeah, I'm talking about Falcons. I know young.
Speaker 3: Trey Young is out. He hurt, He had surge on his hand.
Speaker 1: What what is wrong with these people?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh you thought you? Oh, if all those guys were playing and they playing the Self, you thought you go get courts. I see, huh what you thought you? If everybody was playing, if Brunson is healthy and jewe row and jew Ramblers healthy, Mitchell Robinson and they playing the Celtics or they playing the Lakers, or they playing.
Speaker 4: Duh, well hello, if you offered, and if they was playing and they offered, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be going unless I could see. I wouldn't sitting behind nobody looking over nobody's shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, it'd be a good game. I mean you, like you said, you never know what you're going to see. So is there a chance somebody like do something historic? No, what fifteen turnovers in the game? I mean when you talking about historic as far as what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Listen, I went to one basketball game this year and then b dropped seventy Have you.
Speaker 3: Talk about one of the top five players in the NBA.
Speaker 1: So nothing that he does what I mean, seventy points, That's that's history.
Speaker 3: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: I think seven eight times in the history will have a bunch of those games. I think nine times out. It's happened five times in like the last two three years. But I don't think so. I don't think anybody's gonna go for it fifty or sixty because somebody, I mean, maybe somebody get hit ten threes in the game. Maybe de Vincenzo get hot, hits ten threes or something like that. Okay, maybe maybe Josh Chardy had nineteen rebounds.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can get twenty.
Speaker 1: But what you expecting to see you probably won't ever see that at again in your lifetime. I mean, those a rare currence. It doesn't happen that often, right, Guess what RG three did make the list. I thought RG three had an electric season at Baylor. Yeah, oh, he had a crazy season. He did, he did, he did.
Speaker 5: I forgot.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that fact as you just mentioned that he went crazy that year.
Speaker 3: Check this out on Joe.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, the Jaguars release DT Foley far to Akasi think. I hope I said your name right. I hope I didn't butcher your name far too. Cossi fatu cosi fully the Jaguars Richard and Happy Birthday ninety four At eleven nineteen am at uh Jags are releasing d Chako fully fatukssi move save three point five million the cap space.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's create a happy birthday, it was your happy birthday.
Speaker 5: And then let you go. That's that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: How to do you?
Speaker 5: But I think that there's a difference. There's a there's a uh, there's there's a I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 4: The PR team that runs the socials, I don't think they would know the ins and out of.
Speaker 5: What's going on upstairs.
Speaker 4: Are numbers and in the cap space and when anybody is on the bubble and about to get traded or cut, and that's that's unfortunate. That's unfortunate. Listen, I'm somebody, somebody gonna pick, somebody gonna pick young bull up, Young bull, nice, Young bull nice. There are a lot of teams that can use a d tackle right now to so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gets picked up. Hold on, well, well, well what happened? What happened? The Internet pulled up a photo of who of Michael Jordan getting a trophy surpassing thirty thousand points back in twenty and back in O two. You remember when Lebron, when Lebron would anytime Lebron does something we mentioned, Michael Jordan would have never done that. Michael Jordan would never take an award for something if it wasn't an NBA Final championship. Michael Jordan didn't want it. Unless that's somebody else who that is chat?
Speaker 5: That looked like Mike and me. Ain't it that's Mike?
Speaker 1: Huh? Now?
Speaker 3: What is that? Jay?
Speaker 1: They killed Lebron, They killed the Lakers for hanging in Cedar tournament?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is this?
Speaker 1: If it's the regular season MVP, maybe that's the Finals MVP. Maybe that's the All Star Game. Ed Jorge Brites day a little closer. Can I blow it up? Maybe that's an All Star Game MVP trophy.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that we're hold on let me because I want to get Yeah, see Jordan got here.
Speaker 3: I folded it up. Oh man, hmmm.
Speaker 1: Interested congratulations Michael, Oh Steven that you gotta see me?
Speaker 3: Oh do you have to see me?
Speaker 1: But you know what, maybe Michael won the game, so all this forgiven whatever, But hold on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, when.
Speaker 1: Michael score sixty three against the Celtics, did they want to lose that game.
Speaker 3: In eighty six?
Speaker 5: They probably? They lost.
Speaker 1: They lost, they lost, and we celebrated. We still talk about that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Listen, they always forget depending on who it is.
Speaker 5: There's always all.
Speaker 1: That's all I've ever said is that people tick and choose what they choose to remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Always, always, It's called selective memory, depending on who the person is you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Because people don't want the truth, because if I told you the truth, it would destroy your illusion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of what you believe it to see. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no problem with Hey thirty five, there's only seven guys in the history of the game. Ye zero plus two zeros one four zero points zero zero one four. There have been what five thousand NB I think five thousand NBA players, maybe six. Only seven have scored thirty thousand points for more. Only one has forty. But because he didn't win his forty thousand doesn't mean nearly as much as the other guys thirty You see out that where you are, Oh Joe, you see that?
Speaker 3: You saw that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, when he broke Kobe record, he ain't win that game. When he passed Michael Jordan, he didn't win that game. When he broke Kareeb's all time lead record.
Speaker 3: He didn't win that game.
Speaker 1: We scored forty thousand. He lost that game. Okay, right? Would you My question to you in any it is this, would you think of any Lebron James any different had he won those games?
Speaker 4: No, because if they wouldn't think of him any different, they would just find another excuse.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They excuse me, Oh Joe, That's one of the reasons I didn't come back for your fifteen I could have played. I felt really good. I really wanted to play fifteen years. You're so Ojo, you're fourteen. I mean, I'm good. I had a great offseason training. That was the first time I had really gone into the offseason. I didn't have no injuries, didn't have anything. I was able to start training as soon as I wanted to change, and it was like.
Speaker 3: Something came up.
Speaker 1: But I asked myself, Shad, if you make another Pro Bowl, you go to a make It All Pro team, you catch eighty as you do this, tell me whose perception of you you're gonna change? Mmm.
Speaker 3: Done. Made a very easy decision for me. Right after.
Speaker 1: While you get to a certain point, people have already made nothing mind of who and what you are, so nothing changes. I like that Lebron wears another title with another MVP. They don't even gonna say, well, hell, he played long enough, he played twenty five, twenty one years.
Speaker 3: He should have lived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all he do is is stat pad. Really, y'all make it seem like the man averaging ten points a game, he's still averaging twenty five points a game and you're twenty one.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 4: People will not respect the greatness that is Lebron James and with all he has accomplished despite the pressures that war him coming out of high school until he is no longer playing in the NBA. Only then and until that point comes where people understand how great he was for the game of basketball.
Speaker 3: How many eighteen year olds do they hand the keys to a franchise to.
Speaker 1: Name the eighteen year old that had had the keys handed to him.
Speaker 4: No, there's nothing, There's there's been none in comparison.
Speaker 5: Wait, I have I have one question.
Speaker 4: Obviously my basketball knowledge is nowhere near as it is to yours. But Kevin Garnet, Kevin Garnett also came out of high school.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, you about KG. Yeah, I would say KG. Okay, I would say KG because I don't I'm trying to think who was there before KG.
Speaker 3: Yeah. KG might have been the only one that I can think of.
Speaker 5: Okay. And obviously Kobe's situation was a little different.
Speaker 3: No, Kobe.
Speaker 1: That didn't Kobe was actually Kobe came out of seventeen. They didn't have Kobe the keys. Kobe didn't started for I don't think Kobe started in the first two years. You can't get the keys to the car if you are coming off the bench right right, that's no flight considering I mean, look the airball, the shot in the playoffs and to see him work and what he became.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I think get to it.
Speaker 1: He had he had all that shot, but he didn't have the expectations. Kobe wasn't on the cover of Sports Illustrated saying the Chosen One. First of all, y'all said back, No, ESPN, Now he got that tatted on his back. Lebron got that shot tat on his back. But ESPN did that he understood. Excuse me. Sports Illustrated called him the Chosen One, and by all measures, he u preceded expectations. Whatever you thought he could possibly be, Nobody thought he would be this because I remember. I'm old enough to remember when Kreem broke the record in nineteen eighty four at Thomas and Mack. They were playing Utah because back then, O Joe, they didn't play all their games in LA. They went the different players because they were trying to drum up support. The Boston Celtics played some of their games in Connecticut. Yeah that's what they did. Yeah, yeah, yeah, teams. Teams moved around because they were trying to drum up to port. You see, when people talk, they just be talking, ojo. I'm old enough to remember it now. I ain't tell you what somebody told me. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: What I know.
Speaker 5: Wait, they played at different places.
Speaker 1: Yes, they didn't play all their home games at the homes like the Lakers would play all their home games at the crib.
Speaker 3: That's not what they did back then.
Speaker 1: Because they needed to get support, so they want They went to a lot of time. They went to some different probably two or three times, they would go to a different city and play a game. Don't look it up. And that's dope, man, I ain't know that. You see in the playoffs, in the first round of the playoffs, Oho, it was the best two out of three. You played three games, you won two, you moved on. Then it went to three out of five, then it the best or four out of seven. Was only in the conference finals, in the and the finals. In the basketball where you got in the pendody it was three shots. You got three shots to make two, so they give you the basketball. You got five you got to fill the oh show, you got three shots to make two. Yeah that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, I know you turn your head.
Speaker 1: See people don't know that, but all they want to do is see they just hop on it.
Speaker 3: They hop on YouTube or the internet. Oh that what it was.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't, so go look it up.
Speaker 3: And that life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go with Kareem broke the record. He broke it in Vegas nineteen eighty four. So by whatever metric you want to use, because that many didn't think nobody would be able to play long enough to break Kareem's record. So that was the problem that you was running into, is that could you play twenty seasons what Kareem did and then play at that.
Speaker 5: Level level consistently?
Speaker 3: Yes, think about it.
Speaker 1: Lebron James has averaged If he averaged twenty five points this season, Lebron James would have averaged twenty five plus points or more for twenty straight seasons.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. I don't see him. I don't see him stopping anytime soon.
Speaker 1: No, because his mind is sharp, he desires to play. He loves everything about the game. Me.
Speaker 3: I got tired of the meetings after meetings, I hated the meetings. I got I got tired.
Speaker 1: I can only hear two Jeff flankl drives. I can only hear bingo pick on tiger fark cross. I can only hear it so much because the monotony had gotten the best of me.
Speaker 3: O Joe. I loved everything.
Speaker 1: I love the training, I love being practicing, I love being with the guys. It was just the meetings that started to wear on me. Lebron James mind, he still loves it.
Speaker 3: The kids keep him young.
Speaker 1: He's he's old enough, but he's young at heart. He listened to that type of music. Man, them kids started coming to playing and stay said, man, who the hell is this