Speaker 1: I Am all In Again.
Speaker 2: Let's I Am all In Again with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all In Podcast one eleven productions. iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcast. Luke's Diner Episode. We are going to take our little journey through this episode with none other than Brooke Bayevsky, otherwise known as the Incredible Chef bay She's a celebrity chef, wellness expert, social media sensation known for her creating delicious, healthy, and allergen friendly meals with a passion for making gourmet food accessible to all. She's worked with top brands, celebrities, athletes, all while sharing her culinary expertise online. Today, we're diving into the world of Gilmore Girl's food and hearing about her experiences in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Welcome chef by thank you so much. It's so nice to meet you, and thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure to have you. Nice to meet you too. We're excited. So episode fourteen, season one that Damn Donna reed and we are treated to a lot of food Brooke. To just name a few, we see pizza, homemade donuts, chocolate cake, lamb chops, mashed potatoes, green beans, steak. I'm so hungry right now, let's take a break and go eat some food. No, I'm kidding, all right, So we'll get into the food shown throughout the episode.
Speaker 3: But first, how did you.
Speaker 1: Break into the world of cooking for celebrities?
Speaker 4: I definitely I get this question a lot. I definitely did not have the traditional culinary career path. Most people go from you know, high school to culinary school work you right up in a restaurant or a hotel hospitality group. For me, I grew up in a family with nine allergens among the five of us, so I always saw this need to cater to dietary needs focus on food for health, and I knew this was going to be an increased need just seeing the food system in our country. So my background is very niche. I an undergrad I studied food science, product development, and nutrition, and then I went to a health supportive culinary arts program which focused on eating for health and wellness, which at that time, several years ago, was the first kind of program of its kind. Most and this was crazy to me, most culinary schools don't cover health, wellness and eating. I nutritiously and this blew my mind. So this was the first program that was really really interesting to me. And up until then, I was doing a lot of corporate food product development, so developing the healthiest food products for the largest companies in the world, like egg bites for Starbucks and soups for Panera Bread. And I always had this passion for healthy food and making healthy food accessible to all. And after I was in this program, I started getting approached by this culinary program. I was approached by trainers and nutritionness of athletes in the NBA in the NFL who they're all about nutrition. You know, they just can't have a normal chef. They need someone who can analyze blood work. And if a trainer came to me and said, I need a high protein, no night shade, low inflammatory diet. They need two hundred and fifty grams of protein a day, and here's the times that they can eat. Come up with a perfect meal plan. They need someone who could do that. And my background is niche and still is pretty niche to be able to do that. So I can look at all of their blood work and come up with this designer diet. And then pretty soon after that it was their wives who were models, actors in the industry, and then it kind of snowballed from there. But it was a very interesting approach to private chefing that I broke into because prior to me, when you would private chef, you would go in, you would sign an NDA and you would just say, you know, you go and you cook. You can't talk about who you're cooking for. For me, I started building up this social media platform as a celebrity private chef, and my clients, now clients, started following me on my platforms, so they actually wanted me to post about them and be in my videos. So it's kind of a very interesting path and to create our celebrity private chef.
Speaker 1: Very symbiotic relationship there. Wonderful. So you've been very open about your love for Airwan. Do you do all your grocery shopping there? Do you mix it up with other stores?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Me both think Airwon pays me. They do not. They do not.
Speaker 4: I would say I let my clients choose where they want me to shop, but typically it's a lot of fun and no budget and Airwan is all organic, really high quality, So typically I do shop at Airwin. I spend a tremendous amount of money at Airwan and film some funny content there. And now I have my own product. I have a carrot cake, which is one of the best selling desserts in Airwan. But it's fun. People are just so fascinated with it. And they'll be like, I, how did you spend thirty thousand dollars in Airwan last month? You're so tone deaf, and I'm like, how do you afford that? I'm like, one, I don't pay for the ingredients, of course, and then two, it's my celebrity clients that, yes, are buying these Airwan groceries. But I do a lot for inner city children and families, for cooking classes and nonprofits, and it's actually those clients that are paying for me to be able to do those classes. When the La fires happened, it was my clients that gave me tens of thousands of dollars to make meals for those in need and on.
Speaker 3: The front line.
Speaker 4: So they're the most thoughtful people ever. But yeah, they'll you know, unlimited budget at Airwan is very fun.
Speaker 1: What's the single most expensive item you have ever purchased?
Speaker 4: At the forty dollars water and a view of it, and people actually bought it because they were so curious that all the airons sold out of this water when I did a very viral review of it a couple of years ago, and people would come together at dinner because it's the price of a restaurant to eat there, and instead of sharing a bottle of wine, they would share this bottle of water, which is so funny. It's nanopure hyperoxygenated water. Okay, not worth it in my opinion.
Speaker 1: No, no, didn't notice anything remarkable happening after you were drinking it.
Speaker 4: So I actually tried to travel with it, and then I realized it was just to carry on. So I had this massive bottle of like it's forty dollars. I was going to New York to film with it. I was like, I'm going to let this go to waste. I'm not going to dump it because I can't take it through security.
Speaker 3: So at six.
Speaker 4: Am, I chugged this entire bottle of water, and I thought I was going to sleep on the plane, but because it's hyperoxygenated, it was like so much oxygen to my brain that I was wide awake. So that's the one benefit of is I was so wide awake on that flight, I felt like I had three coffees, so people swear by a sip of it.
Speaker 3: Would I pay forty dollars for water? No? But now since they have the twenty dollars single strawberry that just launched there, we need to go review it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, So you've cooked for some big names like Paris Hilton, Sara, Michelle Geller, Mindy Kayleg. What's the most outrageous or challenging dish you've ever attempted to create? Weather for a client or just for fun.
Speaker 3: I would say none of those three clients.
Speaker 4: But I had another client who I was cooking on a boat and everything had to be covered in gold flakes just to do it. I mean, I've done two thousand dollars pizzas, three hundred dollars mac and cheese, five hundred dollars girl cheeses, just ridiculousness for housewives and famous housewives and things like that.
Speaker 3: But I would say the.
Speaker 4: Covered in gold flakes, and I still have gold like PTSD because one covering a hot ribbi in gold flakes it is not an easy task and also it has to be done fast to keep the stay hot.
Speaker 3: And it's like glitter, so it gets everywhere.
Speaker 4: It gets in your clothes, it gets in the carpet, So I yeah, that would be that would be the craziest.
Speaker 3: But two thousand dollars pizza.
Speaker 4: I actually had my client record me serving this pizza because I was like, no one's gonna believe that I actually made this, so you need to fill me. And then I posted it and when viral. But I used caviare and expensive nuts from around the world to make these vegan cheeses and I put gold flakes on it and it was ridiculous. But some people like expensive bottles at a club for a table, this client wanted to show off with the two thousand dollars pizza.
Speaker 1: Wow. So all right, So Gilmore Girls is famous for its love of comfort food obviously burgers, pancakes, and let's amount to coffee. How would you put a healthy twist on some of these classic Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Oh well, first, huge fan of Gilmore Girls, So this is this is amazing. My sister will be breaking out knowing that watching this one. So I would say a lot of people don't know how to make something healthy and I and that's still satisfying. I love breaking that stigma that healthy food is anything is boring, it's bland, it's unsatisfying, it's not delicious, and just making delicious healthy food that everyone can eat. So I would say for diners, I would say focusing on really high protein to still be satisfying.
Speaker 3: Like I make.
Speaker 4: A burger and the bun is made with a fluffy egg whites is the base. It still has a great shoe, it's covered in sesame seeds, but it's really high protein. And then the burger itself is still so high protein and satisfying. So there's a arugula, there's like a spicy mayo, there's caramelized onions, there's a delicious turkey burger. And I would say things like fries an easy ha is air fried air fried air baked fries, mixing in combining fries with other vegetables, you still get that satisfying crunch. But doing ruta baga, doing carrots, doing sweet potatoes, high fiber, high nutrients, and then doing some simple swaps like a ketchup. I know is a diner saple, but I make a homemade ketchup that I think is way better and more flavorful because ketchup is basically.
Speaker 3: Dyed corn syrup. That's all it is.
Speaker 4: So you can actually get so much flavor and nutrition out of a freshly made tomato ketchup, and it tastes better.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, all right, So Lorala and Roy come to you. You know they're eating habits. They want a signature dish. What would you make for them?
Speaker 4: Okay, So for breakfast, I would say, and I would healthify the diner doughnut. Those always pleasantly surprised. I make grain free apple cider donuts that are beautiful the fall season. They have this coconut sugar coating with cinnamon and the base it's a cassava almond flour baked doughnut.
Speaker 3: They're still so moist and delicious.
Speaker 4: I actually did content where I went to the Santa Monica pier in with my little donut hat and I looked like a donut vendor with my friend Dan Yellow Monette and other actress and we delivered donuts and people were like, this is better than the fair food. People compared it with the palelcakes and everything. So I would say those doughnuts and then paired with I make really good turkey sausages and other kind of dinery brunch food, my maple glaze turkey bacon, and then I make really good high protein waffles with Quema flour almond flour. So I think lots of opportunity for a healthy diner breakfast to help the bye it for sure, your hash browns made with Colie shreaded cauliflower, oh boy, crazy, But I swear you would love it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I would. Do you have a favorite season that you cook for or cook in?
Speaker 3: So I also grew up in the Northeast, so I love actually really he's in now.
Speaker 1: I'm in La where in the northeast.
Speaker 3: Western Massachusetts?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: So I love skiing in the winter. I would say fall is my favorite season. Nothing beats a Northeast fall. Very Gilmore girls ask of the apple picking and we would go and picking and apple ci or donuts.
Speaker 3: It's that was my childhood. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I grew up in the Northeast too. I miss it. Southern New Jersey, Okay.
Speaker 3: I have family in Cherry.
Speaker 1: Hill, I don't. I grew up in the next town over, Amazing. Yeah, Yeah, it's beautiful down there. Miss those falls, I really do. And I actually kind of missed the winners. But then I realized, I just I was a kid in those winters. I don't have to drive around in them, and like, you know, haul my own kids around in the winter, So it's a little different equation. But anyway, really missed the place. So tell us a little bit more about how you're using your platform and your culinary skills to help people affected by the LA wildfires. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I've always been very philanthropic since I was younger. I started multiple nonprofits across the country to help inner city children and families. So when there's a community, especially by community that needs help, the first thing I don't even think of twice about it.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, how can we do something? How can we help?
Speaker 4: So when the La fires happened, I lost sixty of my clients and friends lost their homes. Sixty six zero was like apocalyptic. So many of my celebrity clients were in the Palisades Malibu. So many my friends just grabbed things and ran, And I was like, Okay, my clients, you know, as tragic as it is, they have somewhere to go. But there were so many frontline workers, There were so many people that worked in those homes, the house staff that had nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: We're out of jobs.
Speaker 4: There's like ninety thousand people within ten thousand houses that burned down, and I was like, what can I do? So immediately making meals. I partnered with Holy Smokes Kosher Barbecue in La and she had a commercial kitchen we could use, and we just I recruited volunteers, I recruited suppliers.
Speaker 3: My food bake.
Speaker 4: Community and my clients helped me raise two hundred and sixty thousand dollars in one week to make thousands of meals every single day because one what people were dropping off at the firehouses for firefighters sleeping on the floor working around the clock were donuts and gatorade, And like, these people, these are heroes. These are people working around the clock. They need high protein, nutritious, delicious, veggie forward meals.
Speaker 3: That's what they need.
Speaker 4: And a lot of the food was being turned down because if something's not made in a commercial kitchen, they couldn't even accept it. So people really wanted to help. So my biggest mission was, guys, we can make more meals, but you're going to go way farther donating to us to give them commercial grade food that they can accept, then going into your kitchen and dropping off junk food or food that you with the right intention that they can't accept at the firehouses. So it was amazing the community that came together what we did. I'm still going next week to make some food for those that are displaced as we speak. But it was amazing to see the LA community come together and I feed feed our heroes. The frontline workers were incredibly amazing, working around the clock in that environment, in that air. I was miles away in the kitchen we would deliver to the front lines, and that I would be in an N ninety five mask and the air was still affecting me.
Speaker 3: So they are truly heroes. So the least I could have done.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you and thank you for those contributions. Much appreciated.
Speaker 3: Are you in La currently.
Speaker 1: No, I'm out actually in near Malibu now. So you know, we were affected. We weren't evacuated, but almost we were packed. The cars were packed, We were ready to go at a moment's notice. All our valuables were in the car, you know, that kind of thing. But we never got the we never got the message to clear out, you know, the wind would change if we would get within five miles or something like that, you know, because there were multiple fires going in the Palisades fires and then there was all kinds of different fires. They kept cropping up. Yeah, but we really dodged a bullet, all right. If you were to come into Luke's Diner, Brook, what would you order and where, even more importantly, would you sit?
Speaker 3: Hmm? I guess a comfy booth.
Speaker 4: Whenever I post up and I somewhere, I'm always working. I stay somewhere for a very long time until I get eyes that I need to leave. But I would order I'm very healthy, so they probably would. You'd probably spit in my food because I would say, like the can I change.
Speaker 3: Everything on the menu? Kind of?
Speaker 4: And I would be the second I asked for gluten free toast, I know my food would be spitting and I know it's not A.
Speaker 1: Model would never do that. He might, he might be a little grumpy, but he wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I would ask.
Speaker 4: For like an egg white omelet with veggies, and they'd be like, who is this healthy girl?
Speaker 1: I did that all the time. That's not a good deal.
Speaker 3: You got it? Yeah, I think that that's easy.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 1: Less work for me, No, I mean, I mean, you know, I just tell Caesar what to do exactly. Oh, it's been fun getting to know You're fun talking to you, And thank you so much for for for helping out those heroes. Really really important thing to do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you can find Brooke on Instagram and TikTok as at Chef Bay c h E F b A And if you want to see some of her recipes, check out in the Kitchen with Chef Bay cam.
Speaker 3: And the link of my bio.
Speaker 4: I have a substack, so I post two to three d recipes every single week on substack and I have a great community there, so definitely.
Speaker 3: Check that out.
Speaker 1: We'll surely do that. Thank you so much, Brooke for your time and your insights and your charity to the community. Much respect to you and good luck with everything, and thank you everybody for downloading. We will see you on the next episode of Luke's Diner. And remember where you lead, we will follow. Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.