Speaker 1: Somebody fox for some boys plays don't play. These two boys will save.
Speaker 2: Two bi special treasures because they are they.
Speaker 1: In a serial reviewing cereals. Is the gop arething in a Cereal boat taking some new one's hands. Bot, it's the serial serial. It's the serial Cereal. It's the serial series, Serial show.
Speaker 3: The Dealer show, the Cereal Dealer show. This is the Cereal Dealer show, Cereal Dealer show.
Speaker 4: Hellot, this is the serial killer show.
Speaker 2: Yes, that it is.
Speaker 4: Are you wearing a stretched out V neck?
Speaker 2: So it's not. I just it's it was already a large shirt and.
Speaker 4: Then now it's a large plus.
Speaker 2: No, it's just so baggy. But look it has Mickey and he's wearing glasses.
Speaker 4: He's very aus studious looking. Hey. By the way, well, first of all, welcome to Serial Killers. It's episode one twenty, and I hope you had a nice weekend. I see you were stretching out your shirt all weekend. Did you put it on?
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out what the size was, and know it sucks?
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I know I'm getting off topic already, but I need to make this known. So I go running in the park. But the problem is I go running with a mask, but when no one's around, I pull it for under my chin, right, So the problem is my face is all tan, right yeah, but then under my neck, like right, here's so pale.
Speaker 4: Well at least your chin is safe, so that's good, that's true. Yeah. Hey, by the way, what I meant to say was that opening song there cereal Bowl. One of our listeners actually reached out to us via DM on Instagram and said that he was in a dirty chat thing and that song was playing in the background. Our song, not material girl, our song. So somebody that was doing dirty things online was listening to serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Okay, not really sure how to feel about that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess I'm flattered. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sure, Oh sure, exactly sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So how was your weekend? Would you do? You went running with a mask on your chin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. Happy Father's Day, by the way, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We had a great Father's Day. I got wonderful homemade gifts from my children. It was great. And Amy got me a wonderful appliance. I think I think that's what she got me. Okay, fine, we're recording this like three days before Father's Day, so I don't know what I got, but I'm pretty sure my wife got me a waffle iron because my other one broke. And I'm sure, you know, Cooper made me some tie out of cardboard, and Ashley probably made me some TikTok thing. I don't know, but that's what I'm guessing, and I really loved it because I love my family.
Speaker 2: She made you a TikTok dance, that's what you're saying. Your daughter gaves Yeah, she's constantly doing this. I don't think she's doing that. If she was, you should call the police. That may be a seizure. Yeah, oh sorry, I met the ambulance, So.
Speaker 4: Welcome aboard, Andrew. If you would drinking water? What are you doing? Yeah, I'm drinking water, but we're about to have milk.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't drink water now, I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess you can. So if you would please take out baggies one and two. This is going to be just a two cereal episode. And the reason is today my girls are finally going to get their haircut and they need me to come sit in the parking lot at eleven thirty so I can bring one of them home. It's a whole fiasco. So I think this one has to be kind of quick. So if you grab oh, oh cool, hey Rupert the mail guy, he just dropped off two boxes and they look like they have cereal in them. Can I just open it real quick. I'm not going to show you what it is, but I'm gonna open it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Go down here with my cereal knife.
Speaker 2: If not a serial knife, it's just a knife. You can't just put cereal in front of things.
Speaker 1: No I can.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't think we've done that one. They said this love crunch. We already did that one with the berries.
Speaker 2: Oh love Crunch.
Speaker 4: You need to listen better. All right, let's see.
Speaker 2: Oh we didn't do that.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Wait, can you also make it known that I tried to come in. I was willing to be a good participant and come into the city.
Speaker 4: Can we mention that why is this envelope greasy?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, for those who aren't wondering, I did try and go into the city to record with Scott, but because COVID is still a thing, unfortunately I am not allowed in the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Scott won't want to tell you that because he wants to say that I don't care. But when I did try and care, I was met with resistance. But oh yeah, I understand. COVID is a thing.
Speaker 4: I was very excited. It's just that the building is still weary about only letting essential workers in. And the sad thing is Andy, you're not essential. You're essential to me, but not to the company. I guess you know. Thank you, sorry, Patricia. Okay, Patricia, thank you very much for your box. And there's another box with a nice note from Carol in Vermont, and I can't show you what she sent, but we'll get to it in the coming weeks. Okay, Okay, you probably won't like it. Oh great, Okay, if you would please take out bag number one, Andy, already have very good I'm going to play you a commercial here because well, first of all, what do you think that that is?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 4: Yeah, looks like corn.
Speaker 2: Uh no, it looks like kicks with some flakes.
Speaker 4: Wait can I see the bag?
Speaker 2: Oh this is number two? Okay, Bag number one looks like dog food.
Speaker 4: Dog food. Yeah, Sonny will not be happy that you said that. If some y, well, there's nothing to make.
Speaker 2: Me go book my favorite Clear.
Speaker 4: Chocolates.
Speaker 2: It's more than us Puttricia's.
Speaker 3: Every post guy Sonny I in they say, hop pucko pus huck.
Speaker 1: Monkey.
Speaker 2: I get that message.
Speaker 4: Now, what are you making a face for? That was our friend Sonny or anything?
Speaker 2: What? I couldn't hear a word. I just heard like a loud, screechy noise in the bag.
Speaker 4: No, it was that's Sonny from Cocoa Puffs, you know, introduced to nineteen fifty six. Sonny came around in the sixties, so there was about ten years with no mascot for Cocoa Puffs, or at least it wasn't Sonny. So what you're looking at right there? Did you just pour the milk?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm listening. You get you can't just sidetrack yourself, like, pay attention to yourself, tell your story.
Speaker 4: But I'm not even set up yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't understand why this has to be such drama.
Speaker 4: Because your your cereal is going to be different than mine because you put milk in it already. So anyway, Andrew, you put milk and you don't even know what this is. It's Coco Pup's brownie crunch.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. I didn't even know this was a thing.
Speaker 4: Of course you didn't because you don't know anything about cereal. But this first came out in twenty eleven, then it went away and back by popular demand. Sonny baked up some brownies. They're probably pot brownies because look how looney he looks.
Speaker 2: He's doing something else in the kitchen he is.
Speaker 4: Look look at the picture of him in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: He's cooking up pies for his baby. Wait, if you listen to Trap Queen by Fetti Wop, you know that they're not actually cooking up pies in the kitchen, okay.
Speaker 4: And he's wearing potholders is what you call it? Potholders, right, mittens, glove mittens. What do you call them? Oven mits?
Speaker 2: I call him oven mitz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mom used to call it potholders, oven mits whatever. So he just baked this batch up and they're brand new. Back out, Secret Squirrel. Joel let me know that they had him in shop right and I picked him up. Speaking of shop right, thank you so much to Pam from Stonybrook, because she sent us this gift card that I used and bought milk with wow. Yeah. So now I have milk from Bowl and Basket, which a Shopwrights brand. I'm using one percent today. And Andrews has already been soaking for a bit, so his will be different than mine. But if you're ready, go on ahead, one, two.
Speaker 2: Three mm.
Speaker 4: Nope, they're delicious, but they're just flat cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: Yep. I was gonna try and say something witty about how maybe the flavor was different, but then you pretty much it is just a cocoa puff.
Speaker 4: But look carefully at the squares there's little tiny little pieces of chocolate chi chips. I don't know, so I guess it's a little bit more chocolatey, hence brownie.
Speaker 2: I think what I'm going to start doing if I can't come into the city, I'm going to Actually, here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna start recording the episode starting on the next one, and we're gonna upload the video to YouTube so this way people can see us do the episodes.
Speaker 4: But of course that first one will be crap. This one's gonna be good, the next one will be garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh, speaking of you know, the show is going on vacation for two weeks at the end of June, so we're really gonna have to start ramping these up. We got to put a lot in the can as they say.
Speaker 2: Well, we could also just take a two week break. What is that?
Speaker 4: Like, what's a noise? But you got a mouse in there?
Speaker 2: No, it's a garbage truck outside. Oh all right, I have all my windows open. You know.
Speaker 4: It's funny. Before I took a shower last night, I was thinking, but if we took a break, I was just standing their naked, so you could just picture it. What if we took a two week break?
Speaker 2: And then I was like, bad visual, bad visual, bad visual.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, you know what, our listeners deserve more than that, and they expect more from us, So I don't think we should.
Speaker 2: Every other podcast, every other show in the world goes on maybe a one week break, a two week break.
Speaker 4: Basically, you're just like my kids now, who are saying everybody else has this, why can't we Well, because we're different and not everybody does the same things.
Speaker 2: So know, you then get so stressed, you stress yourself out, You put so much pressure on yourself, but you then just lashing out at people, mostly you. Instead of doing that, if we just took two weeks off, we'd be good. And then we come back, and you know what, why don't we do? Why don't we take two weeks off then come back with bonus episodes on the two wednesdays following.
Speaker 4: What's the point? Might as well just record it and make it a regular episode. Dude, I just think, well, I think we'll alienate a lot of people who need us, that's all I mean.
Speaker 2: Again, I think they would understand a two week break.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like ordering something from Amazon and the date is delivery is tomorrow. It says it, but it doesn't come for two weeks. How disappointed are you?
Speaker 2: Well? Okay, right, I mean, I think it's fine if we just tell everyone in advance, and then maybe what we do is, instead of doing four episodes, why don't we just do two Wednesday bonus episodes?
Speaker 4: Okay, shop talk, shop talk. We'll talk about this off the air.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out to yell that we're gonna wind up doing new episodes. Don't worry everyone, You're gonna get four episodes of serial Killers while we're on a ture. We'll see.
Speaker 4: See. That's another reason why there's only two this episode because again running low. So if you would please send us crazy serials that we haven't done yet and do me a favor because I heard that. Andrew finally just updated the list again so you'll see what we've done current through this episode. So if you want to check the list out, it's on Twitter, or you can DM us and we'll send it or whatever, and then you'll see what we've done and you can send us things we have not done. What's that face?
Speaker 2: So I just had a little bit of my coffee.
Speaker 4: Don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 2: But then I went back to the cocoa puffs and drank some of the milk. It tastes like coco, like coffee, cocoa ish. I want that in a cereal form. I want to condense it, make it some type of cereal. Well, if you read me cocoa crunch.
Speaker 4: Well, if you remember, I sent out that picture that we had found of Duncan's Moca Latte cereal that apparently was coming out from General Mills. Haven't seen it yet. However, I did get a direct message from Post Consumer Brands today and they're sending us something. Don't know what it is, but very excited. So we'll see what they send, and it's going to be coming soon.
Speaker 2: The Life of Cereal Influencers. Oh my god, you did even care.
Speaker 4: I'd love that you don't care. But that's you know, that's the magic behind Andrew. All right, let's move on to bag number two. I don't even know what it is. I sent it to you so long ago.
Speaker 2: You said it to me like two days ago. I don't know why you're trying to be like, I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't know what this is going to be like. It's from Nature's Path. There are a few Nature's Path cereals that we've done that we've really liked. Some of them have been crap, and I'm not sure. But see now that I'm looking at this one. I thought there were blackberries in it when I bought it, because I really didn't read carefully. I just grabbed it. There's not The blackberries are just the mascots. So this is Sunrise Crunchy Cinnamon, a delicious medley of corn, keene, wat, flax, buck, wheat, and amaranth. What's amaranth? Is that some kind of grain? I have no idea there's pictures of stuff on the back, but I don't see any amaranth. Look at the corn though. I wish I could find a corn cob that looks like that. Look at all the different colors on one cob.
Speaker 2: I always love that, and I feel like during Thanksgiving, those are always the corn cobs they show, and I'm always like, where do you get this corn? I'm so confused.
Speaker 4: They took it out of the cornucopia from the center of the table.
Speaker 2: Who made a cornucopia? That's my first question.
Speaker 4: I don't know. And where the name come from, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then they made a cornucopia and the Hunger Games see but isn't tried Hunger Games.
Speaker 4: I know what The Hunger Games is. I never watched it that you know. There's very few TV series that I really just want to get into. It has to be something that I'm really interested in.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I got an email.
Speaker 4: Oh oh what happened there?
Speaker 2: I got an email?
Speaker 4: Why because you're busy working?
Speaker 2: Yes, because I still work, even though you don't want to believe me. What I was going to say is the Hunger Games are books and also not a TV series. They're movies too. What it's you tried, you tried.
Speaker 4: Game of Thrones, Hunger Games. It's all the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's really not, but we'll just let you go with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I mean there was only one series that I was really into, Chips.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yay, all right, so let's go cut.
Speaker 2: You gotta take your girls too, Let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do have to go. I'm gonna get yelled at. I have to sit in the parking lot for Cooper to be finished.
Speaker 2: Maybe one day you could come to Jersey City and we can sit in my apartment and do Cereal Killers together.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can, because look what I got today, Engineer Josh drop this off to me.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 4: It's a USB Mike thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have two USB ports, so we could just record from my house.
Speaker 4: That would be so weird, but maybe we could.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I won't go out to eat at restaurants, but I'll come hang out with Andrew.
Speaker 2: Yay. My apartment's corona free.
Speaker 4: Okay. Ready, Well, there's lots of let's say, hold on, there's cinnamony balls. There are things that look like big rice crispies. There are some flakes, and I guess the keen wha is inside those flakes. That's what it looks like. Oh the flax anyway, all right, let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't hate it.
Speaker 4: Look for a healthy ish cereal. It's pretty good. There's one grain or something I don't particularly care for, might be the keen wha, but it's pretty decent.
Speaker 2: It's got some nice variety to it. Like usually with these types of medleys, I feel like sometimes they go too kashi, which then it's just literally like cement glued together flax flakes, yeah, with like other things, and then it just this is too crunchy and annoying.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. If they just did the rice with the cinnamon, that's delicious. That's like cinnamon rice crispies.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Wait, hold on, we never rated the brownie crunch, neither of us did.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I give it four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say the same, it's really good, four bowls in a spoon on Coca Puff's Brownie Crunch. Now, let's move on to Sunrise crunchy cinnamon from Nature's Path. What do you give this one?
Speaker 2: I give this three bowls A for effort I like the variety. I would eat this. This is one of those cereals that like, I'm not going to go for a super sugary one. I don't want to feel unhealthy. I will stomach this one, and I could eat the whole box.
Speaker 4: I'm right there with you today three bowls as well. I don't like the fact that you're chugging coffee in between. It's like, not, we don't do that. We don't drink other things while we're trying cereals. But okay, I hate you.
Speaker 2: Ye eh, all right, you can't skew the ratings even after you rated it.
Speaker 4: Let me try the milk from the Brownie crunch.
Speaker 2: I'm not do you have anything to drink or eat it?
Speaker 4: Fo the Brownie Crunch milk actually tastes like brownies.
Speaker 2: I feel like whoever is actually probably My windows are all wide open, so people my neighbors are all probably like, what the hell is going on in that person's apartment?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thanks for listening to episode one twenty of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 4: I did two andy because I enjoy you.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot, Scott, you make me blushed.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Please if you would follow us on all social media serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C.
Speaker 2: How many followers do we have?
Speaker 4: We're I think we have like seventeen hundred on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, seventeen hundred on Instagram, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do we have on this one? Oh damn, we have fourteen hundred.
Speaker 4: On Twitter, so that's like over three thousand followers. Woooo love this. Thank you very much for being one of our fans. We thank you, and we'd love to send you a shirt. Remember to get a shirt, just send us some cereal, but it's got to be when we didn't do so. Direct message us on either or Instagram or Twitter and we'll let you know how to go about that. Thank you for listening. Have a great week, stay safe, We love you, and we'll see you on Friday. Until then, say crunch Andrew, Crunch. Okay, I really liked this episode.
Speaker 2: This was fine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I gotta go though. Can we take a picture real quick because you know I have to go sit in a parking lot.
Speaker 2: Have fun,