Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up, buddy, CNR on FSR and I do love that reference Cavino, Marty Jannetti jumping through the glass window of the barbershop.
Speaker 1: It's a good one. I remember that one, of course, I remember. I want to forgive this.
Speaker 2: How could one possibly forget Cavino and Rich. We're by coastal. Don't tell my dad. I'm live from New Jersey, actually visiting my dad, visiting family, Rich Davis on the West Side. Together we form the world famous Cavino and Rich Show, broadcasting live in the Fox Sports Radio studio. Well, let's crack into a nice little little can of coffee. As if I need it, you crack into it. I'm gonna snap into it again. Check us out on the iHeartRadio app where you stream and let's be rocking out.
Speaker 1: You can stream us.
Speaker 2: Anytime on the iHeartRadio app Catch all the Fox Sports Radio shows Live twenty four to seven, New and improved iHeartRadio App. Search Fox Sports Radio and you have us number one on your preset, just like you do on your car stereo. So again, Steve Cavino, Rich Davis, hope you had a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: Not an MLB Bristol.
Speaker 2: Motor Speedway, sir at a weekend their version of the Fire Festival. We're gonna get to that in a few minutes. Luca celebrating with what boy Bands. There was a moment in sports that I thought was awesome, but some are saying new staged. But even if it was is, it's still awesome. We'll play last one standing. We're gonna get into a bunch of stuff and today an anniversary of one of the coolest baseball moments of our childhood.
Speaker 1: Oh can't wait.
Speaker 2: Sounds action packed and of course we try to get you involved. Fox Sports Radio Nation eight seven seven nine Fox. That's the number eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, or you hit us up anytime on social media at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We got Danny g super producing, Iowa Sam on the ones and two Spotty on the videos. Everything streaming on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. And can I throw a few.
Speaker 1: Little reminders out there Rich before we dive into it. Let's go. If you did dive in, who you Greg Lugainnis No, Jacques Cousteau. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: If you missed us on Thursday and Friday, maybe you want to dive into our podcast. We filled in for Colin on the Herd. We came, we saw ooh, we conquered yeah, and we had a great broadcast. So if you missed any of that Thursday and Friday, I know you were in good hands with Monsey and dB and everybody else but search Covino and Rich revue, stream and enjoy and thank you. If you had joined us live, we appreciate it. And if you missed our bonus pod over promised episode one oh three, very controversial episod, so check it out on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. But it's good to be back. Had a nice weekend. It's good to be here in Jersey, gaining lots of weight, eating lots of pizza and let's die. Like I said, if you eat too much, you won't be able to fit into your Sydney Sweeney jeans you just got, I know, and they're so good, They're so genetically sound.
Speaker 1: For you, they're so great.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: That is me racist.
Speaker 2: That is that is the number one story that I don't know why it bothers me so much. I just feel like it's the last brain cell of people that have a problem with Sidney Sweeney and her jeens, like as if genetics are a bad thing, like you're telling me Lebron James doesn't have good genetics. DK Metcalf Show, Hey, Otani, Brad Pitt, you see Stamos over the weekend? Yeah, come on, serious, dude, I feel a little guilty now I'm questioning should I ever think she's hot again? Because if not, people are gonna say I'm a Nazi.
Speaker 1: It's so weird. It's terrible, and you know what.
Speaker 2: We talk about that a little more on over promised episode one oh three Fox Sports Radios YouTube pitch. We bought those people in the same moronic category as those that don't think Kitling Clark is the face of the WNBA. So you'll hear all about it again on our pod. It was a good one, yeah, buddy for free bonus pod. Enjoy it, Send it to some friends and let's keep everybody in line. Sidney Sweeney's hot period, Now you know what else is hot? Or as we've been saying over and over again, and in fact, this is why we have to talk about it now on Cavino and Rich because when we filled in for Colin, we let off Friday show talking about baseballs popping. In fact, if we were doing a drinking game on Friday, starting the weekend early, we would have had a drink or do a shot at least seventy five times we said baseball's popping. At least seventy five times in the first two hours.
Speaker 1: Baseball's popping, Baseball's popping.
Speaker 2: We've been abusing, leaning into that baseball's doing everything right.
Speaker 1: Treat Deadline.
Speaker 4: You got the Bristol Motor Speedway game, the SuperStar's Brother mar kidding, we.
Speaker 1: Were pop swinging, swinging, pun intended from the from.
Speaker 2: The balls of Major League Baseball. There you go from the Major League base balls, and when they're doing everything right, we're cheering.
Speaker 1: But when you do something wrong.
Speaker 2: We also have to be consistent and bring it up because it seems like something that was supposed to be awesome just wasn't And is it all Major League Baseball's fault. Yes, kind of because they weren't prepared. But we can't let mother nature off the hook. I mean the Bristol Motor Speedway game, Danny. I remember when you first sent me the overhead of what it looked like. I'm like, man, they fit a baseball field on that racetrack, like you knows, almost one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 2: It looked no got plus side. You have to remember the reasoning, right, they're trying to do special events.
Speaker 1: They did the field, the Dreams Game.
Speaker 2: They'd done a few different games to bring more fun to the MLB. So this year they're doing the Bristol Motor Speedway, the first ever Major League Baseball game in the state of Tennessee. So everybody's all, yeah, a game of baseball, not horseshoes, game of baseball in the state of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Pit Bulls worldwide was there helping to open it up.
Speaker 2: Safe, dude, not only pitbull eighty five thousand plus at the Bristol Motor Speedway. And it was really cool how they did it. But again, it was an unconventional field. It wasn't meant for proper drainage. They weren't expecting this much rain, and it rained and it rained and it delayed. And I don't know about you guys, but I was watching and I felt so embarrassed and so sad for the fan. I felt embarrassed for MLB, even though it wasn't their fault, but it was like this big event and then rain was ruined. It's like a rain on your wedding day, isn't it ironic, don't you think? And I'm like, I feel so bad and all the fans that went there with their kids and families for the first time ever, and it's raining and it's delayed in it starts and it delays again. The field's not draining, and the glisten they kept talking about the field is glistening. And I was listening and I was embarrassed for the whole thing. It felt so bad. And then no, and then and then they were able to pick up the game the next day, so it's already sort of a fail. But again, mother nature, the deflated feeling of taking your family there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the promotion that was involved in this game to then cancel it.
Speaker 2: And I understood they had to, but they canceled the game and everyone has to go home with their umbrellas, all sogging, wet and mopi and probably consoling their kids because they maybe couldn't make it back.
Speaker 1: The next day.
Speaker 5: Well, then we saw on social media some fans complaining because they ran out of hot dog buns right away, so they were serving hot dogs without the buns. Asked Joey Chestnut about that, and then what was the other complaint? Rich O nachos without.
Speaker 2: Cheout the cheese with cheese, They had cereal without the milks, cam without the burger, peanut butter, no jelly like so then they start getting criticized for not being prepared. And when you start talking about no buns, I'm out because Casino and rich love puns, that is true. And they start comparing it to the Fire Festival, which was the failed music festival where they were like, remember the gourmet food was like a cheese sandwich. Then they were sleeping intents just within the show. We were all tuned in to watch it. Did you watch it the next day? Because I didn't. I did not, to be honest, That's what I'm saying. So how many people out of the eighty five thousand that were there, all excited with their cotton candy, and they're a hot dog in their hand. At least I hope that was a hot dog. How many even think went back the next day? Was it as packed?
Speaker 1: From the footage I saw? It didn't look it. I mean, I think overall was a great idea.
Speaker 2: It was sometimes weather sometimes whether you're taking it like, all right, how many times have you had a friend or you know, your buddy and his wife get married and they're taking a big chance. They're like, well, cocktail hours outdoors, and I mean, if it rains, we'll try to squeeze everyone in the little reception area, but we're crossing our fingers. Those scenarios go wrong sometimes, and so I hope they don't, but they do, they do, And we call this when weather strikes because it ruined what was supposed to be a really big weekend for the MLB and all the fans in Tennessee that went to see the game Bristol Motor Speedway.
Speaker 1: And again, is it all the MLB's fault.
Speaker 2: No, But they weren't prepared properly, so therefore yes, but you can't control mother nature, and it really struck down.
Speaker 1: In a big way. So was it a wedding, was it a big party?
Speaker 2: Was it something that was special to you that was ruined because of the weather, Maybe a vacation Because I got a story. I know Rich has a story, and we open it up to everybody at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Anyone that has, you know, any outdoor event, has has in their life taken the risk of like, man, I hope it doesn't rain that day.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's normalcy.
Speaker 4: I also think that at least a good thing if you want to take a positive out of it, is again it highlights the fact that hot dog buns are made in eight and hot dog packages by some companies are ten. Yes, and so when you see when you see the no buns hot dog, it kind of brings this topic back to the forefront on why some major corporations cannot just make packages of eight unacceptable.
Speaker 1: I agree with it.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest unspoken schemes it is in life, and people don't realize that no scrubs actually was no buns, but then they changed it to scrubs later on.
Speaker 3: But you didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Cavino I don't want no buns.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's little known music fact, man, you know, so no buns, bad weather, you know, you know I remember back in the day. Now, granted it wasn't my real only reason to go there, but my wife and I went with another couple.
Speaker 1: We were friends with. Ooh, swinger Action. I'm just keeping his sports really Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We went with another couple for a little double date weekend down to South Beach, and part of the agenda was to see Lebron James play for the Miami Heat when he was in his primo days, right when the Heat was winning and you know it was you know, Dwayne Wade bosh Lebron, and I said, you know what, why don't we go see a Miami Heat game?
Speaker 1: And then we're in South Beach for the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: When I tell you, that whole weekend, other than the two hours I was in the arena watching Lebron James, it was like a torrential downpour, hurricane to the point where I feel like my wife and I just sat in like the hotel lobby for three days just having cocktails. Like weather can ruin a trip. How many time have you looked at your weather app. When you're headed to an island or something, you're like, oh, dude, I want you to play along at home. In fact, everybody, if you're in the car, you're on the iHeartRadio app. Wherever you are pullover to the side, or at your next stop light, or when you get home, pull over, pull out your phone. Pull out your phone right now, Rich Danny dB dan Byer on the update Sam.
Speaker 1: Every pull out their phone. Yeah, I'm heading to Orlando.
Speaker 2: I'm in New Jersey right now, visiting my family, celebrating my birthday week, and then I'm heading to Florida with my daughter on Wednesday, right Wednesday night. Look up the weather in Orlando, and again it's Florida.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: But please look at the forecast in Orlando for when I'm there later this week.
Speaker 2: Do you mean the days where you're planning on being in an amusement park all day? Everybody, take out your phone, pull out the weather. It's nothing but lightning in clouds and rain every day on there.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 2: You know, with tropical weather, sometimes it could be an afternoon shower and then the rest of the day is beautiful, so you never know.
Speaker 1: But every single day on Monday, it's like, you're bringing it with you, yo, dude.
Speaker 2: And then I leave on Monday and you look at Monday sun sunshine, Dude, it's you're ridiculous. Oh no, And dude, my daughter never has gone to Disney World. And I'm trying to make this my last h rack because she's gonna be sixteen.
Speaker 1: And she's not gonna want to hang with dad anymore.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I'm really gonna make this a special Daddy daughter weekkend it's'd be great. She shows me the forecast, She's like, Dad, the weather's gonna suck. And I feel like such an ass hat. Now, well, you can't predict that, hey, and neither could the MLB, see what I'm saying, But it happens, mother nature strikes. What's your story? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. I can't tell you. I'm not exaggerating. You'll see it later. If you look up the weather in Orlando next week, every day showers, storms every day except for the day I leave on money. You don't have to be worried about getting wet on Splash Mountain exactly, Like, how weak is that electrocuted?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And at least, there's only sixty percent of the days that have thunder and lightning, so you've got that.
Speaker 3: They'll say, you're just wet. I'm just not going to be electrocuted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dB, how many times like I feel like as a kid that overcast, not sure if the baseball game is going to be played?
Speaker 1: Was anxiety ridden as a little kid. You're a golfrid missy feeling how many times have you been on the fence like do I go? Do I not?
Speaker 2: Is the weather going to hold up? Like golfing is a big thing because you're committing to hours on a course.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, people plan trips in certain ways. I've thought about this a lot, like if you go to the mecca of all golf trips, is you go play Saint Andrews in Scotland, the home of golf. That's what I think anybody who loves the game would love to do. And I've thought about this, like, what are the odds that you get a perfect day in Scotland?
Speaker 2: Scot I picture Scotland as overcast.
Speaker 4: Permanently, yes, with winds blowing, which is the defense of the golf course. But you're absolutely right, like you are at the Mercy and I've thought about this, whether it be golf or other stuff I've thought about, like you were talking about Miami. We're all bound to have bad vacations at some point, but you never ever going in going into them, think it's going to be that one. And that's the disappointment of it. So I was thinking to myself, Gosh, we're gonna plan a vacation and it's gonna stink at some point. Which is it going to Yeah, it absolutely is, but whether it is a huge, huge deal, especially when you're trying to play golf. But that's also part of the like the genius of it. When I mentioned st Andrews.
Speaker 2: You're you're so right, because a lot of times people chuck up weather to like, you know, like I rolly small talk, Oh the weather, But weather, it does play such a huge factor in your vacations.
Speaker 1: In sports. I'm gonna take it back to the only game ever played in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the only game ever played. You remember last year? I know, I remember you guys probably don't give a crap, but you remember the last week of the season, the Mets and Braves were like tied for first place, and they had a three game series, and the whole thing was washed out to do a double header. So like it could cramp sports, it could cramp a golf weekend. Imagine you get so little vacation, you're like, honey, we're going up Ruba, Mexico, Florida, and you finally have a chance away from the kids. You're a picture in romance, sunny beaches and you're sitting in a lobby watching a downpour. I think we've all been there one time, and if not deep be pointed out, then you're due.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's going to happen one time or another for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt so bad for everybody.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for the MLB, especially after we were just singing its praises, how MLB had done no wrong and they're back in a big way. Now it's getting all this firefest stigma stuck to this game. And it makes me think of another story. Rich you remember this story. It's my sister's my girlfriend's sister and her husband went to Chiachinitza and they went, No, not cheachin Itiza, Peru, Peru.
Speaker 1: Uh, come on, help me out, Peru. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Sam's a Peru expert.
Speaker 2: Sam Peru Peru would you see in Peru, I think you're good with you.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a famous lands was a man from Peru. Uh Machu Picchuh Okay, that is correct. I said, you need to ask Mexico the Pokemon my kids. So they went to Machu Pichu. They went all out and I don't know, maybe they went to Lake Tita, but they were they were going all out right, and they went all overboard where they were so involved, and they, oh, we're gonna go to Machu Pichu and everything, and dude, they went and got to the top of the mountain on an overcast, cloudy day. It was full on fog to the point where they couldn't see their nose in front of their face. They couldn't see anything. So you're going there to take pictures and and sight see if there's any sort of inclement weather or inclement weather however you want to say it, and there's fog missed and rain, it.
Speaker 1: Could really put a damper on everything. So that's what happened this weekend.
Speaker 2: Our buddy Mauser hit us up and he goes all our friends from the West coast flew into Kentucky, for the Derby.
Speaker 1: We had a whole day planned.
Speaker 2: They dressed to the nines and they were underneath cheapest ponchaws all day. One of the derbies over the last couple years was just disgusting.
Speaker 1: So that's misery. It's inevitable that it will happen time you.
Speaker 2: Have to bust out a goofy ass poncho like that at a game or a vacation. It's like mother nature was not on your side. The gods were against you. And that's exactly what happened when weather strikes, and it did this week and at.
Speaker 1: The Bristol Motor Speedway. Waw waw.
Speaker 2: And I would love to get this stat if we could call our friends at the Elias Sports Bureau or Danny g if you could look this up. Maybe Dan Byer knows because he knows all eighty five thousand plus showed up that first day. How many showed up the second day because they when I saw some of the highlights, it looked a little sparse. It didn't look as packed as it did the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they only have the list of attendance as ninety one thousand, so I don't know if that's taken from the previous day.
Speaker 1: Well that was the first day, eleven and then only six thousand showed.
Speaker 3: Up the next time. Yeah, they're not showing any listing for Sunday's attendance.
Speaker 2: See, because it looked weak. It's so sad, dude, I felt so bad about that they had.
Speaker 3: An off day.
Speaker 4: Did they have an off day? Was that was scheduled because it was something like that, like you have to kind of plan for rain. Yeah, they do it at the beginning of the year, so I don't think that they were scheduled to play on Sunday. I will say this, Cavino specifically with your I'm sure Orlando may not be top three of the places you'd like to go, But there are times when you go on a vacation that you aren't necessarily looking forward to, it turns out better than you expected. So that is the other side of the coin from what we're talking about. So as you go in thinking that the forecast is going to be bad, you could have an entire break and it could make the day that much better.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it chocks you. I mean, not that we were going to play let's look at the weather, but you remember a couple of weeks ago, Kavino.
Speaker 1: I was in New York with my family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leading up to that week, every day, including the day when I was bringing my kids to City Field to see the Mets for the first time, that whole week said rain in New York, and somehow last minute it just sort of went around. So you know, maybe you get lucky, man. But again, we've all been there. If I pray really, really hard, I could have fun on the tea cups. Well on how we met your mother. Ted prayed for rain and happened. Maybe you pray for rain and it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: We'll see that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no weather plays a factor. And you know, it's an interesting thought. I wonder how many crucial games were the result of a day they weren't supposed to happen. And I only know this one obviously because I'm a Mets fan. But you remember eighty six, Game six obviously gets by Buckner, the famous Mookie Wilson ball goes under Bill Buckner's legs. Of course, that was Game six. Everyone thinks, like, is that when the Mets won the World Series? Now that was Game six. Game seven was scheduled for the next day and it was rained out that Game seven was pushed back a couple of days. So the reality is at that time, apparently the sentiment was all right, Well, the Red Sox got a break because they get a chance to sort of mentally reset Mets. Still one game seven, But a lot of times, like a crucial game will be postponed, then you don't realize, like what would have happened. Well, props again to Eli why he hit two home runs and the Braves beat the Reds four to two Bristol Motor Speedway.
Speaker 1: We'll get the rest of your story. Do you run it back?
Speaker 2: Do you run it back again knowing that the attendance was there, it was just some missteps. You got to run that back, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought the potential was there. I thought it looked great. I thought it was amazing how they built that field just rainage system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know they got to be better prepared there.
Speaker 2: But you know, we talked about how even the Savannah Bananas have pushed the entertainment factor up for the MLB. The fact that they were able to pull a crowd of eighty five thousand plus, that's insane.
Speaker 1: How did they not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt, I will maybe a big learning lesson Rich. That's Cavino to Life from Jersey Today. I'm on the West coast, so covene on Rich, we'll take it all your feedback. I see the phones are hot, so let's get to them eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox and of course at Covine on Rich, we'll get to all your feedback.
Speaker 1: Next right here a Monday on Fox Sports Radio. Now.
Speaker 2: From searching online to asking your friends and fam there's lots of ways you could get jobs. But what if your team of experts were on hand to help you find the right role. Well, that's what you're going to get at Express Employment Pros. The office is a one connection to endless job opportunities, which is one application. They can help you find the job at a company that fits your need. So visit expresspros dot com and as always, Expressed never charges job seekers of fee. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's an office nearby ready to help you. Express knows when local companies are hiring, even for jobs that may not be posted yet, so Express offers benefits and competitive pay, and in just one interview, they're prepared. They're prepared. MLB not so prepared. They're prepared to present you to multiple companies that fit your needs. Go to expresspros dot com get started and discover for yourself what it's like to have support in your job search. You could also start your job search through the Express Jobs app downloaded today, Search jobs, apply and contact your local Express team.
Speaker 1: It's like rain when you're going to Disney World.
Speaker 2: And then Animal Kingdom, then MGM Hollywood Studios, then Epcot and.
Speaker 1: Just rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, go away.
Speaker 2: It's like rain when you're going to Bristol Motors Speedway with eighty five thousand other people and it ruins the whole time. Think all the little kiddies rich so pumped to get their little special speedway jerseys, and they're little hot dogs, they're all excited, and they had to sit.
Speaker 1: There in the rain for hours. Bro And again, is it all Baseball's fault?
Speaker 2: No, But if we got to sing its praises all the time, we have to point out the fact that they were unprepared for this and hopefully a learning less because it looked dope.
Speaker 1: But this is something we call when weather strikes. But we have more to get to. You know, when weather struck in the world of football.
Speaker 3: Luckily.
Speaker 2: I think football lucked out the one super Bowl that was outdoors in a cold weather climate recently. Remember the one Super Bowl in New York at MetLife. Yeah, they lucked out that that.
Speaker 1: It was okay. That could have been a disaster.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the Super Bowl in Dallas, Texas where, of course it's indoors, but it snowed that week and everyone in the town was unprepared, meaning all the guests, all.
Speaker 1: The fans, the media.
Speaker 2: We were trying to get around Dallas was like an ice storm. And it was an ice storm. People were slipping and falling. Dude, No one knows how to drive. They didn't have the trucks with the the salt. It was a disaster. Well, do you guys also remember it was the one Super Bowl championship that Peyton Manning won with the Colts taking on the Bears, and that was in Miami and that was a wet one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a wet one.
Speaker 2: Was that where prints also, yeah, performed, So we had rain for the halftime show, rain for the game.
Speaker 3: It is an okay. Game.
Speaker 1: That made it cool.
Speaker 3: Thank you made it cool in the rain?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe happy for sure, but that doesn't mean it's always great. Yeah, we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio the bi Coastal Covino and Rich.
Speaker 1: We're on the streets.
Speaker 2: By the ways, we're gonna be filling in a lot for the Dan Patrick Show next week. Happy to be here, so it's no longer run in the streets. The bus just texted us Covino Rich in for Dan Patrick next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. So plan accordingly, crew, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Instead of the hat trick, that's for that's a haul. So we got the DP hall next week. So Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then back on Friday. So next week, join us early in the morning.
Speaker 1: How about this. So happy to be here with you today. I hope you had a nice weekend.
Speaker 2: And now we go to your phone calls again when weather strikes eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox at Covino and Rich, super producer Danny g who we got.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Taylor in Illinois.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, Taylor?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: What's up? Man? Hey?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to share this story that I had. Me and my wife, we planned our wedding for a few months, and it was in Myrtle Beach and we it was coming up right to our wedding and we saw a hurricane coming into Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. And the hurricane's name was Matthew. And my wife's mother father's name was Matthew. And I'm like, is Mother Nature trying to tell me something here?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, stay away?
Speaker 6: And so my wife was calling our wedding planner and like, is there anything? Are we all good still for our date? And it's like, oh, we're just having a hurricane, but you're all.
Speaker 7: Good, dude.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, we've all convinced ourselves a lot of times the misfortune happens. What do we like to say, Oh, it's good luck. It's a great way to brainwash yourself. Rain on your wedding day, bird, poops on your head. Oh those are all good luck things, just twisted.
Speaker 3: Could you know you were the poop off your head?
Speaker 1: Good luck? Where do you want to go? Let's say go mic In Indy, Yes, sir, Indy, what's up? Mike?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 2: We're good man, and baseball's been doing all the right things, but they got some bad luck this past weekend. I mean that Bristol Motor Speedway thing. You know how it is like drainage of the field. Unless it's a professional field, it was doomed.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, I got a great story for you. Last year at in it was raining at start time, but my buddy had a camper. He scored a spot right outside the gate entrance gate, so we all hung out there under the canopy while it was raining. We all grilled out, drank beer all day. Turned out to be the greatest rain delay of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: So I don't remember the full story, and thank you man again. There's a lot of memorable moments thanks to the rain. In fact, you know, one of the guys we're going to talk about later, Robin Ventura, would always put on a show. Remember he did the Mike Piazza thing in the rain and the rain delays and all that stuff. Every Bloomberg, every Bloopers video from the eighties showed a players sliding on the tarp. Yeah no, for real, But wasn't the story from the ninety nine Woodstock all the mud and all that stuff having to do with the rain that was involved there, Like remember they were throwing so much mud and.
Speaker 3: It was mudding that people thought it was mud that they were sliding in.
Speaker 2: And then people thought it was mud they sliding in, and then they ran out of water. Like you know, the whole weather was the weather was. It made that whole experience even more of a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to take one more call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steven Florida says he has Disney World advice for you, Cove.
Speaker 1: Oh what's up, buddy?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: I've been living in Florida for a long time, But the best thing that can happen is to have some rain when you and your daughter get to Disney, Because what you do is you buy those two dollars ponchos, put them on, have a bag that's got a couple of tonnels, and if it's not pouring, the whole place empties out and you get to go run through all the rides in lickety split time. My daughter and I did it. She was nine, and we made nine rides inside of an hour and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you brought that up, and I appreciate you and thank you so much, But you know, what Steve, the best dad in the world, did me. I went and bought all those lightning passes already, and they're not cheap. So what happens if that is the case? I thought all about this, man, you got you spent five hundred bucks to cut a line that's not existing.
Speaker 3: Lightning and thunder passes.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, exactly. I bought the scattered shower passes by the stake. Hell oh, thank you man. We'll keep you posted on that.
Speaker 2: But I hope everybody had a decent time on the next day, even though I didn't have any buns, and I know having no buns is sad. So got soggy buns. That's all you got buns? The only one that wants us here, Joey Chestnut, all right, you had soggy buns last week, Rich when you were a danger girl. Aga Universal saudios, Saggi buns. I do want to talk about this a bunch. We're gonna get to today. I want to after we go to DV front update. Today's an anniversary of one of the most legendary moments in the last fifty years of baseball, and we'll get to it has to do with a guy you mentioned Robin Ventura, but we'll get to that after DB's update.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Dan Byer?
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, I'm wondering if that history happened in a ballpark that I was familiar with. I'm curious. I'm curious. We shall see. I don't got a lot of baseball to tell you about, but a bunch of stuff in football, including in the college game. Preseason coaches polls out the Texas Longhorns are the preseason number one squad that'll open the season at number two. Ohio State, the defending national champions, will host the Longhorns on Saturday, August thirtieth. Rest of the top five is Penn State at three, Georgia at four, and Notre Dame in at number five. The Indianapolis Colts listed both Daniel Jones and Anthony Richardson as first team quarterbacks on their depth chart, saying Daniel Jones or Anthony richards Sim Jaguars released a depth chart that had a bit of a twist to it. Travis Hunter second team corner, first team wide receiver for the second overall pick from Colorado. His teammate at Colorado, Sudor Sanders, return to practice today for the Browns after missing time with his sore shoulder, but fellow rookie quarterback Dylan Gabriel sat out practice because of tightness in his hamstring. Bet Online says the Bills right now are the new favorite at five to one to win Super Bowl sixty. Speaking of the Bills, running back James Cook remains a hold in as he wants a new contract. The twenty twenty six men's and women's NCAA basketball tournaments will remain at sixty eight teams. Talks still going on to possibly expand in twenty twenty seven, and the Spurs and guard d'aron Fox agreed to a four year max extension were two hundred and twenty nine million dollars.
Speaker 1: Guys. Back to you, the big n buyer.
Speaker 2: I don't have much baseball to talk about either, because I don't know what the hell the Yankees are playing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you call that.
Speaker 2: I've never seen more mental mistakes by one team. I never saw an entire team catch the yips at the same time. But the mental errors have been disgusting, to say the least. And I've never seen anything like what happened this past weekend when every new acquisition was part of the blunder when they lost thirteen to twelve. Does everyone know that because you might just know Kevinol more so because you're a Yankees fan. Of the people the Yankees got at the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: It was insane.
Speaker 2: Every one of those newly acquired players gave up a home run immediately or made a blunder in the field like it was. It was wild to think, like all these guys just got the yips putting on the pinch track. He's got four new acquisitions. Bird let up a grand slam. Then Bednar comes in, this champion, lets up a two run home run. Then Doval lets up the game getting hit, and then Caballiro comes charging in for the play at home and the ball gets by him and they lose the game.
Speaker 1: Man, they lost. They got swept by Miami.
Speaker 2: It was the most atrocious thing I'd ever seen, well horrible as thinking. By the way, Dan Buyer brought up some QB stuff in the NFL Indianapolis still making it very unclear is it Daniel Jones or Richardson. You see the graphic dB that ESPN posted the quarterback tracker of the Browns, how they showed the production of all four guys so far, is it.
Speaker 1: Like the Domino's Pizza Pizza tracker? Similar?
Speaker 2: Similar to the pizza tracker, but as far as like attempts. Gabriel has the most attempts throughout the nine practices they've gone through, combining practices combined, and right now, shard Or Sanders has the most productive stats.
Speaker 1: But you talk about practice stats.
Speaker 4: Well, you're also he hasn't gone against the ones. You know, he's the only quarterback that, up to a certain point end practice against the first team defense. So I don't want to say that I would hope, but the numbers are a little bit misleading.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could be wrong. I'm not following the Browns as close as other teams. But in history, there's always been a sentiment of like, all right, veteran, rookie, young guy, is he ready this? I don't know if we've ever seen something where there's so many potential people that could get the job. It's usually like is the veteran gonna hold the place until the rookie's ready?
Speaker 1: Or is the new guy?
Speaker 2: Is it a quarterback battle between a newly traded guy and a veteran. This is you're talking about two drafted quarterbacks, one Super Bowl winner who's way past his prime but still effective, and then throwing Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 4: Especially in a league where a lot of teams are only having two active quarterbacks, the emergency quarterback now plays in. But when you're looking at rosters, here's the other crazy thing. You actually kind of have another team doing it with the Giants because you have Wilson and Winston. Yeah, drafted Jackson Dart, but Tommy DeVito is still there. Yeah, so yeah, it's not common. You're right about that, dp ME.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just speculation. But you know how the NFL, at some point we realize we'll go to eighteen games. There's a sentiment that if they go to eighteen games and there's roster manipulations, that team will eventually carry one additional quarterback.
Speaker 1: I've heard.
Speaker 2: I've heard people speculate that that would probably if you're playing eighteen games two by weeks, it's a little longer. The idea of three quarterbacks moving forward in the future. Yeah, it doesn't sound crazy.
Speaker 4: And I think that the NFL rules really prohibited quarterback development, and so when you have sixty some quarterbacks play, you really didn't do a good job of protecting that position when you're you only have so many spots, and so they've changed the rules over the last couple of years, at least with practice squad and other spots to allow that position to get more attention.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is the Giants and the Browns are just ahead of the trend. Yeah, essentially you get a look at it or the bottom of the barrel or ahead of the trend.
Speaker 1: Who knows. I know we got a break.
Speaker 2: But around the room real quick, do you think thumbs up or down? Will all four of those quarterbacks take a snap in a regular season game this year?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. Now you don't think all four. I'm going to say, yes, I feel like something will have.
Speaker 4: They had five or six one, you know, a season or two ago, like in the same season. They're struggling, They're gonna try anything. All right, we got more Cavin on Ritch. We are doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio more next right here, it's Monday.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh no, we are rocking like a hurricane.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich with Danny g Iowa, Sam dan Byer spots on the videos.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radios YouTube page.
Speaker 2: Live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our TIRACT play of the day with his second home run of the day. We've been talking about it rich this whole hour at the Speedway classic. Eli White finally put the rain soaked.
Speaker 1: Baby to bed, brings it. Eli smashes another one back to the wall. This one flies. How about some more.
Speaker 2: Horsepower from Eli White.
Speaker 1: It's a homer fire up the pace car. It's more two braids.
Speaker 2: Well, that was courtesy of the Brads Radio Network and that was our TIRAQ Play of the day. And by the way, Eli White, remember that. That'll be the answer to a trivia question, who like what big leaguer at home runs in the state of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: The answer is the first. Yeah.
Speaker 2: For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be happy. Nolan Ryan Day, We're going to talk about that in a minute. Plus last one standing lots to get too on the show. But we've been talking about this Speedway Classic and how mother nature didn't want to didn't want to help the situation. And it happens, dude, It happens in sports, it happens in life. You know, mother nature doesn't always cooperate.
Speaker 1: And I think the lesson is.
Speaker 2: Being able to roll the punches, like you know, make your best, make the best you can out of it, like that one guy said, Hey, listen, we went under a ten tailgated, had food and drink, like you know, you just got to make the best of it, and you know it's there's nothing you could do right, So like star, I need.
Speaker 1: To laugh back on but in the moment, it sucks. Oh yeah, I know exactly.
Speaker 2: Talking about Danny g and I were just saying, if you've been up to the Bay area in San Francisco. I remember taking a friend up there and they just wanted to pitch with them and their wife in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. But some days it is just clouds and fog layer in front of the bridge.
Speaker 1: Like one big Charlie Hayes y yeah, and then one big haze.
Speaker 5: On the central coast. Moro Bay is like a romantic getaway spot. Take your significant other for the weekend and Moro Rock three stacks in a rock really famous. There's weekends where you don't see the rock at all, just fog, and so some people think it's not even there.
Speaker 2: So I'll say this again because we've been talking so high on baseball. The Field of Dreams game amazing and again that's under construction right now. So they went and did the what the Rick wood Field game, that East West Classic that was really great in Birmingham, Alabama. This one the intention was fantastic, like it was looking so promising, eighty five thousand plus, but again the downpour got way.
Speaker 1: We'll wrap it up with one more phone call. Who do we got, dannyg.
Speaker 5: Let's go to some usually beautiful weather in Honolulu, Butch's but.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, hey, hey, so.
Speaker 2: Two stories.
Speaker 3: I'll make a short.
Speaker 1: One is a good one.
Speaker 8: At Alola Stadium about three or four years ago in Honolulu, Guns and Roses was playing and when they started playing November rain it was raining.
Speaker 1: That's totty cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, sometimes if you're okay with the weather being a little suspect, sometimes it makes for a memorable moment. Can you know's right in the moment you might be like, but looking back, I saw Aerosmith at what's that outdoor places a p and c art in Jersey.
Speaker 1: It was pouring and he was singing.
Speaker 2: Dream On in the rain, and looking back, I'm like, that was probably one of the coolest moments I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So you got to just accept it.
Speaker 7: My other weather story is a.
Speaker 2: Cruise from Texas goes to be down to make go.
Speaker 7: To the golf.
Speaker 8: Hurricane. Five days on the ship only got off once and spent like twelve hundred dollars on booze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens, man, We've all been there, and that's you can wrap it up with that. We've all been on a vacation. We've all had plans to go to a big game Kentucky Derby, a golf event, US Open, Tennis.
Speaker 1: You plan on going somewhere. Weather doesn't cooperate. It happens.
Speaker 2: Baseball, unfortunately, was the sucker this weekend that didn't plan accordingly. And you know, fields drained differently based on how official they are. Danny out here in the valley looking around, there's fields that drained perfectly because they put money into it, and then there's others where if it rains no one's playing for a week, so it's all about the drainage. So tiling, tiling, tiling, Iowa, Sam, you all about the Benjamins, bro. Yeah, So next hour we talk Luca last one Standing, and we got to celebrate Nolan Ryan Day.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what that is, well it's the anniversary nineteen ninety three. On this day, someone took a knuckle sandwich and that guy was Robin Ventura at the hands of a forty six year old Nolan Ryan, which, by the way, looking back, I thought forty six he was ancient, and now I'm like, no, not so much. All Right, we got more Covino and Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio.