Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser, long itemsten of it. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us as Bloomberg News Equities reporter Alex Semenova.
Speaker 1: In the house.
Speaker 3: Right there are some big moves in either direction today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, And I'm going to start with one that is seeing a big swing right now, Jet Blue. It is exploring the option of selling itself. This is according to report from Semaphore. Apparently it already hired advisors to explore the viability of a deal. They're considering the potential regulatory hurdles of what that would look like, kind of exploring all scenarios. Worth noting though, that these are very early conversations. They have no idea what it would look like yet. They're just kind of exploring these discussions right now. But they considered a potential tye up with United Alaska Line Southwest, and investors are liking the idea of that. The stock is up about eighteen percent right now. It's best day since Liberation Day last year. When everything was rallying. So that just gives you some context on the scope of this move.
Speaker 1: It's a five dollars stock. I was just going to say, it's been getting beat up.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you go back to look twenty fifteen, it was a twenty six dollars share. Now it's down to five dollars. It's just this, It exists in this challenging place where it's neither you know, an ultra low cost carrier or one of the premium Big three.
Speaker 1: Yeh, it's a challenging place for an airline to be in the US.
Speaker 3: You go back fourteen to fifteen years, I mean, this was the airline to beat. Their planes were new, they didn't have a lot of legacy issues.
Speaker 1: They had screens in the seats exactly.
Speaker 5: Guess what if you get on one of those planes now a lot of times those screens on the seats are the same ones they had fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, coming in hot there, that's.
Speaker 1: What it feels like.
Speaker 6: Truly, No, really, I mean no, but it's interesting how they really disrupted in many ways, right, and the legacy carriers are having such a hard time, and now they're kind of one of the legacy cares to figure things forward.
Speaker 4: Years of operational losses for them, hence that reaction from investors. They're hoping that maybe some kind of mix up with another company would be good for them.
Speaker 3: It's amazing that if that brand goes away or like, does it like somehow they keep it, don't you think? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to.
Speaker 4: See what happens at this stage. They might not have any deal at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, good points. So that stock is definitely ralling. Let's go to Meta.
Speaker 4: So also taking a look at another stock that is in the green today, that is Meta Platforms. It's up just slightly about half a percent right now. It is cutting at several hundred jobs as part of a restructuring. This will be across several teams in the business, including sales, recruiting, and its Reality Labs division. It's worth noting that this isn't necessarily a cost cutting effort because they did, you know, report capital expenditures at a record high this year. They're going to roll out a lot of AI investment. It's perhaps a reorganization of the business like we've seen. We saw scale back it's Meta unit now the Reality Labs division apparently The layoffs will impact about a thousand employees in total, so some calling here. Meta had about seventy nine thousand, seventy nine thousand employees worldwide at the start of the year, So a little bit of trimming. Yeah, pretty standard with what a lot of companies do every day as they kind of reorganize the business, like.
Speaker 3: Fine tuning, right, Like, yeah, focusing on it. It's unfortunate if you're part of the cut, no doubt about it. But you know that's what businesses unfortunately need to do, and you just hope you're part of the growing part of the business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where companies investing. Yeah, I mean you know.
Speaker 5: Also, of course the liable and social media addiction case that we saw earlier.
Speaker 4: The verdict on that just came out as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think what was notable there, and you know, shares about half a percentage point right now, but we didn't see shares really dip lower on that news.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm going to transition here. Yeah, I have a pretty smioth transition now from Meta to Armholdings because Meta out will be the first major customer for its chips. So ARM Holdings was always known for licensing it's technology to semiconductor makers and now it'll sell its own chips for the first time ever. This move is forecast to generate about fifteen billion dollars annually within five years. Investors are liking this too. The stock is up nearly eighteen percent right now, So, like you, Tim, kind of hard to find.
Speaker 1: I need to say stocks.
Speaker 4: In the rest.
Speaker 1: Three great names, but they're all in the green. They're of no use to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You have to you have to break the bad news to us about the stocks that are following today. But good day for Armhold.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: You're two side Stanford Trade. There's a couple of stocks to the down side.
Speaker 5: We did have a great Tom McKenzie sat down with the Armed CEO Rene Haas yesterday. I do encourage everybody to check it out if you missed that interview.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for some decliners for you.
Speaker 1: Oh I have decliners. Come on, I come. I'm not going to give them a very frustrating market right now. Everything okay, We're just want to make sure you're okay.
Speaker 3: All right, Alex, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 3: You bet Alex Simon versus Boomberg News Equities Reporter for more conversations. Stockmovers Podcast five minute episodes Big Winners, Big Losers in the Stock Market. You can find it on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere gets you podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.