Speaker 1: From Los Angeles, PHPA one and only, world famous Perez Gilton.
Speaker 2: Guys, welcome to our PHP. My name would be Chris Booker. That, of course is the great Perez Hilton. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, and I'm excited to talk about a lot of non political things today, such as Ariana Grande, Liam Payne, Rihanna, Selina gome Is, Nicole Scherzinger. Well, Nicole Scherzinger is a political story, but a lot of non political stuff today. I need this to be an escape, but the beginning of today's show will be a bridge towards that. Okay, So at the top we will talk a little bit of politics and then we will be done with it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I had a pretty wonderfully uneventful weekend. I was just so tired. I went to LA on Thursday to film something. And it's, you know, one of those quick like I was in LA for just a few hours, like flew in, flew back home the same day.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know you were here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was literally just there to film something. That's one of the things I love about living in Las Vegas and why I moved here. It's like I could do that, like it takes me less to get to Los Angeles sometimes than people who live in Orange County. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so that was my weekend. How are you all good.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Nothing new to report. My Steelers won. I'm an excited boy.
Speaker 3: I saw Taylor Swift was at a football game yesterday.
Speaker 2: She was and the Chiefs somehow miraculously pulled out another win when they should have lost.
Speaker 3: What do you mean they should have lost?
Speaker 2: Well, the Broncos had the game. All they had to do was kick a field goal, which was a chip shot. It was like twenty five yards, like just money, easy instant for an NFL field goal kicker. Of course, the Chiefs blocked the field goal, which happens. I don't know, maybe one out of every one hundred times. That's what it happened to happened that Broncos didn't get the score and the Chiefs won, so they narrowly escaped once again. So they're still undefeated.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Wow. Are they the only team so far that's undefeated.
Speaker 2: There's the Lions that are seven to one, I believe, but I think that's the only other team that's lost one. My Steelers have lost two. The Chiefs are weird because they're really they're really not that good this year, and they just find a way to win because they got that quarterback Patrick Mahomes is one of the best to ever play the game. He finds a way to win. He didn't find it this time, but somebody else found it for him, and that's I guess why that team's so great.
Speaker 3: I'm not as superstitious person, but a lot of sports fans are, and I think perhaps this year the opposite of a jinx is happening and Taylor Swift is blessing the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: There does seem to be some dark forces. But look, we're about halfway through the season. We'll find out on the second half, because this first half has been topsy turvy at best. I mean, up is down in the NFL. Nothing has made since this year, and I think it's all it'll all come together in the second half. But I still like the Lions, so shout out to the people of Detroit, and I still like the Ravens, which pains me to say because I'm a Steeler fan.
Speaker 3: Awesome. So, over the weekend, we released an excerpt a portion of our Patreon election episode. We put it up on our Patreon because you know, we didn't know what was going to happen on Monday when we recorded, and then you know, the results came out, and you asked a question in the episode that we released for everybody, which I will bring back up because I think it's a really good question. You said, have my thoughts changed since our Thursday Patreon episode? And before I answer, I want to turn the question back on you and ask you that have your thoughts changed now?
Speaker 2: In retrospect, I could see what happened. The writing was sort of on the wall, and I think I kind of puked it all out on our show.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you regret the way that you spoke about people who were gonna vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Do I think people made the right choice? I don't do. I think he's gonna help people. No, I don't think he will. I don't think any of their problems are going to be solved. I think they all have amnesia. I'm from West Virginia. The last time around, he said he's gonna bring back Cole. How's that coming? Come on? This was everything you said about this was just a feeling. It's the bottom line, It's just a feeling. The economy is booming, Unemployment is down. Inflation is not because of the president. The inflation is because of the pandemic. The whole world is paying for that still and it has nothing to do with politics. But you can't tell that to people. They don't want to hear it. And that's what I mean about being uneducated. You don't understand what's happening. The market today is at an all time high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's today after the election, but.
Speaker 2: It was on its way anyhow. It's not like you can't go, well, the election did this, No, no, no, this trajectory has been going up, up and up. This happened with Obama. It was on its way up. Then Trump comes in and everybody's like, see what Trump DIDs? Like Trump didn't do anything. All you had to do is not fuck it up. He fucked it up. He raised taxes and he gave all these corporate tax breaks, and that's gonna drive your price of everything up. It's just going to because it's trickled down economics. It's like ragged if we make more money as corporations, we'll give it to the little people. Here's the thing they're not Look, how fucking these companies, they're all making record amounts of money. Are they cutting their prices? No, they're not. They're keeping it. That's what the greedy fuckers do. And they're trying to put guardrails on some of these people and some of these corporations, and they're like, no, let's not do that. The corporations won. And that's the bottom line, the little man. If you think you want, come on. It's maddening and frustrating to me that there's a party that actually cares about the middle class and they're acting like they don't. That they're evil, or she's stupid or something. She's a fucking state senator. It's just stupid.
Speaker 3: I don't want to rehash what I said on the patreon, but as I said on the patreon, you know, a lot of people that voted, they haven't felt that economic improvement for them. They haven't seen that in their bank accounts.
Speaker 2: Right because everything costs more. That's exactly why they're not in the market. And I understand that, but that's not the problem of the president. He has no control over the price of eggs or bacon or any fucking other thing you'd make for breakfast.
Speaker 3: But also that wasn't the only reason people voted. A lot of people also voted because of Trump's starkeledly different stands on immigration versus Kamala Harris's many to most Americans are in favor of mass deportations. That's just a fact.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I actually believe that. I think they think he's tougher on the border. Meanwhile, they tried to pass a border bill and he had it killed so he could run on it. That is a fact. That is not something that's made up. They've been trying and trying and trying. When you don't have the house in the Senate, you can't get things passed, you can't move the things along. So, like I said on the show, I'm rooting for him to do it. I'm just gonna go ahead and tell all you people, it's not gonna happen. He's gonna drink diet Cokes and play golf every goddamn day while Elon Musk and the rest of these billionaires run this country and make more money for themselves. That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just disillusioned with both parties, to be honest, and I wish that we had more options, like in the United Kingdom, where they have I don't even know how many parties they have in the UK, they have a lot where you can choose one that more closely aligns with what you believe.
Speaker 2: By the way, are you on TikTok and what's happening on TikTok right now? With people are counting these votes and a lot of things aren't making sense.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's ridiculous. It's everywhere. I've seen it on threads too. The left can't be doing what the right was doing four years ago.
Speaker 2: But the left can't just say, hey, if there was cheating, prove it. That's what the left said last time. If there's cheating, if the Democrats cheated the last election, I want to know how they fucking did it.
Speaker 3: They can wait.
Speaker 2: The court overy different cases and won every single one of them because they couldn't prove it. They didn't have any sort of information. So now you've got a litany of people that are saying, hey, I went to vote dot org and to see if my vote was counted and it wasn't. And it's happening over and over and you can see a mountain of people that it's happening to something nefarious is fucking going on. That's what the Republicans couldn't do last time. They couldn't come up with a receipt. That whole startling thing that Elon Musk owns the company that collects the results. You don't think that's a little weird. I do.
Speaker 3: I accept the results of this election.
Speaker 2: I accept them if they're correct.
Speaker 3: In other segueing news, we're working our way towards celebrity. There's an overlap here. Nicole Scherzinger, formerly of The Pissycat Dolls, currently starring on Broadway in a revival of Sunset Boulevard. She is the lead, She is the big draw. She is Norma Desmond. A lot of people both in and out of the Broadway community, are upset at her over her social media interactions. Recently, she liked a post from Ditty's Instagram account. She liked a post from Robert F. Kennedy Junior saying that they were going to make America great again and make America healthy again. And she even commented on a post from Russell Brand who was celebrating Trump's victory and he was holding on to this red cap but not the make America great again. Cap it was to make Jesus first again. Cap and Nicole commented on Russell Brand's post saying, where do I get this hat? So collectively, because of all of these things, a lot in the theater community and out of it are very angry at Nicole Scherzinger, to the point where she felt compelled to release a statement apologizing, and then even there people were upset at her apology because she didn't explicitly say who she voted for. Does she have to? I don't think so. No, No, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think there's a lot of celebrities out there that feel the same way as her, or voted the same way as her, that we're all hiding from the liberal media. I think that's run rampant in our Look, fuck the whole liberal media, all the pundits of these people that call elections, they all called it for Kamala. I mean they all said she was gonna win. Which is another thing that's a little suspect too, that literally every person got it wrong.
Speaker 3: Not even them, but the polls all. That's why once again, I knew it. I knew it. I said, you can't trust the polls. Now, all the polls said that Kamala Harris was gonna win. Did she fucking win?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Or something nefarious has happened. No, Why are you so eager to dismiss the fact that I didn't dismiss it when Republicans said this four years ago?
Speaker 3: I did. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I said, just give me receipts.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: The good thing about the ballots, there is a receipt. So somebody's gonna eventually going to go, hey, this isn't adding up here.
Speaker 3: There is. I'm sure. For example, actually i'll give you an example. My vote was not counted originally, but this is why, thankfully I preferred to vote by mail early. My vote was not counted because I don't fucking remember how I signed my voter thing right, like, oh, did I just do my initials or did I do it the long way? Like? I don't remember how I signed. So I got a notification your vote needs to be cured. That's the word cured. So it was real simple. I went to a website, I showed my ID, they verified it was me and how I voted, and then I got a text message your vote was cured, meaning your vote counted. I'm sure that a lot of that is probably what happened with many people, I'm guessing, or there just were some errors, but the errors were probably minimal. It's not like massive amounts of this happened that will to the point where people will change out.
Speaker 2: This massive amounts because you're getting the stories over and over again online.
Speaker 3: That's how social media works. People with these stories. Those stories are ooh shocking.
Speaker 2: Okay, but does that mean they're not true.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that weren't true. What I said was I doubt that enough of these instances happened to the point where it would change the outcome of votes in states.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's a little weird is the fact that all these swing states, the Democratic senators they all won. So you mean to tell me the Democrats went into the booth like North Carolina. Let me give you an example. North Carolina, three hundred and fifty thousand more people voted for the Democratic senator in the race. But you're telling me three hundred and fifty thousand people said, but I'm going to vote for Trump instead. That doesn't make sense. Nine ten people vote down the party line, or.
Speaker 3: People abstained from voting as a protest vote. It absolutely makes sense.
Speaker 2: Something stinks in Denmark. To man, oh god, we'll see. Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just stating what's being said. I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and say it's not possible. I didn't stick my head in the sand four years ago and say it's not possible that the Republicans are wrong.
Speaker 3: But they never proved it anyways. To Nicole Scherzinger, you know, this is one of the things about liberals, not just the media, you know, like liberals a lot of liberals, as are a lot of conservatives too. It's on both sides. I see. This is why I hate both sides. I'm in the middle. I want a party for me the people in the fucking middle. A lot of liberals are very intolerant of others that don't agree with them and demonize them, and especially in the Broadway community, because the Broadway community is i would say, hyper liberal. Like there's the left, and then that's even more left, you know, Like, I just think we need to learn to be more tolerant of people. We need to not ostracize people. I saw this fucking thing on MSNBC. This psychologist said, if you were upset that a family member voted for Donald Trump, it's absolutely fine not to invite them for Thanksgiving? Like, what the fuck? Like, that's just stupid.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to have a fight, you don't want to sit there and listen to the propaganda and rhetoric over your turkey dinner.
Speaker 3: I unders time, No, I think that's stupid. I think you know what your feelings are valid. My encouragement would be set boundaries, invite that person and say I'm inviting you, and I want my Thanksgiving table to be a politics free zone. That's what I would think as a therapist, a psychologist would encourage.
Speaker 2: But you're telling other people what they can or cannot say at your dinner.
Speaker 3: Tap Yeah, and then then it's up to them to agree to them or to agree to that.
Speaker 2: Or to understand you're telling other people what they do. Right there, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, but you're hosting so what.
Speaker 2: I totally get it. Why put yourself through it? It's Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I think not inviting family members that you may have been inviting every year, then that opens it up to more problems with your family.
Speaker 2: I think personally, I think to each zone, I'm not going to tell any family person, what they should do, how they should feel, who they should invite, disinvite, whatever?
Speaker 3: Do you all right? In other news, First, some props people have been very excited for the release, so the new Wicked movie. It's coming out soon, and they've done quite a spectacular global PR blitz with premiers and multiple cities all over the world, and it's I love seeing a good old fashioned, mega Hollywood PR campaign and premiers like that. Like the last that I've seen of that kind was like the Barbie movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, because.
Speaker 3: They're expensive to do all these big premieres and travel with all these stars all over the world, and it's expensive. So it made me happy.
Speaker 2: It makes me happy that it's not a superhero movie too.
Speaker 3: I do wonder, though, like my kids have not brought up the Wicked movie at all, Like do young young like is it a family movie? Like does a six year old or a seven year old or an eight year old give a fuck about going to see the Wicked movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm curious.
Speaker 2: It only answer that I couldn't answer that.
Speaker 3: Mine don't care. Mine having brought it up, they're not even I don't even know if they're aware of it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're a little young to go to musicals, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, look, with the green face and the characters and the witch hats and whatever, the magical part of it, like Harry Potter, they might just get into it.
Speaker 3: Maybe, But one thing has really gone viral and divided people and upset people. How do I want to phrase this? A lot of actually, even Ariana Grande fans have been commenting on her body, what about it? Out of concerned They're like, oh, she does not look healthy, she looks scary, skinny. She's always been that little No, I don't know if she has.
Speaker 2: I just saw her on hot Ones and she looked the same to me that I've seen her in person. She's the tiniest little thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of fans think she looks even skinnier.
Speaker 2: I think it's because she's not painted on anymore. She's not like completely head to toe that dark bronzer color with the shading of makeup and everything else that she was wearing before the big eye blashes everything else. I just think it just makes her look different, because she does look completely different. I mean, night and day she sounds different too, especially on this hot one's preview that I saw. I don't think she looks any smaller.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even want to comment on it, but I'm just commenting on people commenting on it. So that's something that's definitely been dividing people.
Speaker 2: Gotta imagine this is what you waste your time on.
Speaker 3: I guess it is. I guess a lot of people still do believe that it's bad to even out of a place of concern, comment that, oh, that person looks unhealthy. So I don't know. All right, We're still working our way towards you know, happy news. But a few updates with regards to Liam Payne and his death. Three people were arrested and charged on different charges. One was a hotel employee, the other one was the alleged dealer, and the third one was this friend of his. Now here's what I don't understand the friend. Obviously, you know, Argentina has their own laws. The friend was not charged with facilitating drugs, with supplying drugs, with anything like that. He was charged with abandonment of a person resulting in death. Okay, what the fuck? This friend of his is not responsible for Liam Payne dying right. It's not like he was being employed by Liam either, he was not his manager, there was no official capacity.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's someone that he partied with.
Speaker 3: Perhaps they were definitely friends, they may have party together. I don't know. That's just speculation, but well, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm speculating. But I also say that like likes.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, so I just don't I don't understand that charge. I don't agree with it, to be honest. You know, maybe the friend did try to help Liam that day repeatedly, and then after a certain point of like God, your friend's out of control and you're dealing with a celebrity and you've been told don't call an ambulance or whatever. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: I kind of think it's just optics where they're trying to make it look like doing something, and they're looking into this because there's such a public outcry, Like if this was Joe Public, it's not a charge that would have been you know what I mean, like somebody overdoses. I think Joe Public's friends wouldn't end up in handcuffs somewhere because they partied with them. I think it's a lot of just the optics of making it look like, oh, we're doing something here. I meanwhile, what's he going to be arrested for doing drugs with Liam? But like you said, it's a different country. Maybe they do have different rules.
Speaker 3: Do we have a law like that? Could something like this be a charge in the United States?
Speaker 2: Well, if you see a crime and you don't do anything about it, yes you can be held liable. But that's crime. Like I said, I don't know what his relationship or arrangement was with him. Are they friends that just partied together? He clearly partied way too much, and this is known and everybody knew about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had all those substances in.
Speaker 2: Him, right, So I find it hard to believe that the person you're rolling country to country with, like you know, sober Jane over there. I doubt it. That's all I'm saying. I'm speculating, of course, but I honestly think this is just optics. Nothing's gonna happen of it. They just are making it seem like they're doing something. You know, when you're a famous person, I doubt you're on the street score in age or cocaine or whatever, the pink whatever somebody else is doing that for you.
Speaker 3: The official autopsy confirmed that he didn't have that in his system. It was just alcohol, regular cocaine, and antidepressants.
Speaker 2: Ah. The antidepressants, Yeah, whenever you mix those with alcohol, you never know. That's Russian roulette.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder my last question with Liam Payne. You know, if that friend was charged with abandonment resulting in death, you know what about his girlfriend. I mean, I guess maybe it's possible he waited to go on this binge until after the girlfriend left Argentina, But I don't know. I think I think it was probably going on for a while she knew. I mean, I'm not saying she should be charged.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he should be charged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I'm not either.
Speaker 2: You're responsible for your own behavior, all right.
Speaker 3: In lighter news, I don't give a fuck about this person, but I love a scandalous story. And I don't even know how popular he is, to be honest, Zach Brian. Is he popular in the country? Yeah he is? Oh, he is.
Speaker 2: That's one of the biggest country stars in the world, right he is.
Speaker 3: I know Morgan Wallen is, but I didn't know Zach Bryan was. Well, Okay, he's you've not been hearing all these stories about it, which ones about his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love these stories.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah, So he was dating this influencer and podcaster and they broke up and it was real messy. I think we briefly mentioned it on an episode we did, but then now there's a lot more that's come to light, such as on her podcast she revealed her name is Brianna chicken Fry. Yeah. She claims that he offered her twelve million dollars to sign an NDA and stay silent and not talk about anything related to him or their breakup, and that she turned that down. I'm gonna make a bold prediction in twenty years time, she's gonna regret turning down that twelve million dollar pay check.
Speaker 2: First of all, she's full of shit. He was either fucked up or joking. What's there to tell?
Speaker 3: She's told a lot.
Speaker 2: You're really leaning into the point that I'm about to make. This person is a nobody dot anybody. She's no one. Okay, She's just another person that's got a podcast, an influencer pretending like she's Oprah or something. She's not. This breakup is the best thing that's ever happened to her. That's the game. He did her a favor if she's really truly quote a podcaster or broadcaster. So stop. You got your five seconds of fame from this. Be happy that he broke up with you. Go on, bangs some other dude. Because here's the thing about hot chicks. It's not hard to find somebody to bang. Yet it turns out that there's many guys that are willing to do it. Famous guys, rich guys, poor guys. Everybody wants to bang a hot chick. So calm down.
Speaker 3: Honestly, all of the things that she alleged, it's like, all right, nothing that bad now.
Speaker 2: She said a thank you, Carr, thank you for doing me dirty. According to her.
Speaker 3: No, no, And I want to clarify it, like he sounds like a douchebag.
Speaker 2: Oh he probably is. But by the way, if you date a douchebag, this justin you're probably a douchebag. Ooh, I'm gonna go ahead call it like I see it all right.
Speaker 3: I for me need to differentiate. There's one thing being verbally abusive, and that's awful. I'm not saying it's okay. But there's another thing being physically abusive. She has not claimed he was physically abusive. You know, he was just a douchebag, and she stayed with him for about a year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she's a dick riding surfer.
Speaker 3: Oh, she probably is, but she specifically said she's not. She's like I saw this one, this one part of her interview of her podcast. So all of those things about him being famous, that's what I didn't like about him.
Speaker 2: Stop stop it. I was forced to day a douchebag.
Speaker 3: In more music related news, chapel Ron has parted ways with her manager really yeah, yeah yeah. And I've seen a lot of her fans defending this decision, saying, oh, he was a manager of small artists and now she's really big and she needs a bigger manager. And I don't know, I disagree. You know, look at Justin Bieber. He became the biggest thing in the world, and he helped elevate his manager, Scooter Braun, who was a nobody, to become one of the biggest managers in the world, and he learned along the way. And I don't know, it saddens me. I think it's a disloyal move, like this person helped you and believed in you when nobody else did, and now you're drop in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that because you're truly a team and you're all in it together, you kind of hope that someone's going to be loyal to you and you navigate the bumps in the road together. But you know, I don't know. It's hard to dissect other people's business decisions, but I guess ultimately I agree with you. It's it seems kind of lame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. And also it's like, I don't know the read the real reason. She hasn't spoken about this publicly, but it's like, oh, are you upset that you're working too hard? They got you too many shows? Right?
Speaker 2: He made you happen?
Speaker 3: I know, like' I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It's like the movie Almost Famous. Remember they got the one tour manager and they had to like fire him and bring somebody else in because the person just did not know how to change gears so fast. They were growing in such a still water, they were growing in such a fast pace. I mean, I guess I could see both sides of it, but I still kind of lean on what you said. It's so big that it's kind of hard to fuck it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Unlus, you're spreading someone too thin. I don't know.
Speaker 3: In more music related news, Diddy's lawyers are yet again trying to get him released from prison on bail, and actually this time they're making some better arguments. I would say. I think they're still going to get denied yet again on their fourth attempt, but at least now I think I actually am now convinced they should release him. Here's why. Now. Listen, I believe he's guilty, but I'm a fan of equitable treatment, treating everybody the same under the law, right, Okay. And one of the things that Diddy's lawyers are arguing is that people who face similar charges have been allowed to be released on bail awaiting trial. If that's true, if people who are also charged with trafficking and racketeering and all that, if they're allowed to be out on bail, then he's be allowed to be out on bail too.
Speaker 2: I think it's optics kind of goes back to the other story we were talking about. We aren't privy to what the hell he actually did or is being charged with. It's kind of like this umbrella of assumption and only they know and only a judge knows, so it's kind of hard to.
Speaker 3: Know, right Well, that's another thing his lawyer brought up. The lawyer is adamant that the government based on all of the findings thus far, meaning based on everything that the government has turned over in terms of evidence they claim did He's attorneys that it's thin is the word. That they don't have a strong case against him, and that's another reason why he should be released on bail pending trial. And also they're alleging that where he's currently housed at that one detention center in Brooklyn, he's unable to get a fair trial because he has to go over so much evidence with his attorneys, and that they're not able to accommodate his needs pre trial allegedly.
Speaker 2: I don't get that either.
Speaker 3: You know where he is, that's the argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to schedule around his appointments. He could sit in a can all day long and talk to you on that phone, what he is claiming.
Speaker 3: In other news, music related, Selena Gomez has announced that she is retiring from music really, she said in a new interview. Right now, I just want to do things that I love. It's taken a while to get here, and it's been a challenge for people to accept I have moved on, but I'm happy. I've learned so much and I'm excited for the future. She's not a touring artist. She I think she might have just done one tour, to be honest, in her entire career. She did the Revival tour, which I went to, and it was fun. I liked it. It was good.
Speaker 2: I thought she wasn't enjoying herself at all.
Speaker 3: Exactly, She's not one that enjoys performing live because she's self con just about her voice. She doesn't have the best voice, but thanks to studio trickery and auto tune and all of that, you know she's able to sound good on records, and you know her acting career is going really well. But I think the bigger picture actually is she started her music career around the same time as Katy Perry, and look at where Katy Perry's music career is now. The shelf life of success and relevancy in the music world has run its course for Selena. She had been releasing one off singles for the last few years and none of them ended up being hits. I think that's probably a bigger factor in her decision. You know.
Speaker 2: One other part of this that we're not really talking about is she seems pretty committed to a music producer, which is odd to me that in his mind he's got to think, Wow, we could do something fun together. She must really dislike it, the fact that she's with a music producer and they don't want to do anything. So that's a little odd to me. Little bit.
Speaker 3: I think she just knows. You know, she's in her thirties.
Speaker 2: She's just done with it, right, She's like, what's the point. I don't want to go on tour. I don't want to do this stuff. I'm making music. I'm not into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, And more music related news very similar. Rihanna also has finally let her fans know she's basically done with music too. She was in her home country of Barbados and at an event for her fenty Beauty, her beauty brand. She there's video that has gone viral of her speaking to people there and she said music was the thing that got the attention, but God had other plans for me. You know. She's a billionaire now thanks to Fenti Beauty, but she has not released an album in almost nine years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me just say this, who cares? She's another one like Selena Gomez. I mean, she wasn't into writing music, being a studio rat. She had other people she came in. Her voice sounds really cool, but she never really seemed like she was into it. If you look at Taylor Swift, there's no way you could possibly say she's not into it. I think she could live in a studio for three months and be the happiest person in the world. Selena Gomez not her gear. Taylor Swift on tour genuinely seems like she likes it up there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's something to that, Like you can't fake that funk. And when you're like a billionaire Selena Gomez probably a billionaire as well, why what's the point? Like why waste your time on something you're really not into? You paid your dues back then to get to somewhere else, and you know, why spend one second doing something that you're not into. So I guess I get it on both parts.
Speaker 3: I get it. I'm just sad. I'm sad. You know, Rihanna, I think I looked it up. She's got I forget, but I think about fourteen number one singles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say she probably has twenty legit.
Speaker 3: Hits nineteen nineteen in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would have guessed twenty. So there you go.
Speaker 3: She's got nineteen songs that were in the top ten and she stopped. She could have had even wigh more than that had she continued to release music.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, you can say the same thing about justin Timberlake. He really was on a roll and just wasted so much time on acting something he's terrible at. And I always thought that the guy could have been someone that's I don't know, revered as a musician, and he's not. He only seems like he does it when he wants to do it now, and he's not, like I was just saying about Taylor Swift, like this studio rat that enjoys like finding the hit.
Speaker 3: Well. In other news, Bad Baby's mom has called me out name checked me for thanks for I never said she was lying, Okay, Bad Baby has cancer. I didn't say she's lying. I just said it's a possibility. Okay. That doesn't mean I think she's lying. I just think, Oh I need to pose this, you know, like and whatever. I'm not sorry. Sorry, Mom, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 2: Because it is a possibility when you yeah, when you're talking about social media, people that know they'll get hits for saying some things that are not quite truthful. Hello, that's our society, and it's happened over and over again. To say it's possible, I don't think there's any problem with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, And other news quickly, ardam chig VINSIV has gone to court asking for Nicki Garcia has soon to be ex wife to pay for all of his expenses right now, because he claims that since she, according to him, made up these domestic abuse allegations against him, he was let go from a job where he would have been making about one hundred thousand dollars and he's lost a lot of money, and so she should be covering his expenses. He claims, I don't know, they don't have a prenup, So that seems like a sensible argument to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not against it. I mean, if you're gonna lie about somebody allegedly, right, if you're gonna allegedly lie about somebody and it can be proved that it's not true, and you know you took a loss because of it. It's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also remember that Olympic breakdancer Rega. Well, she is setting the record straight and backtracking saying that she is not quitting. Okay, so you can all relax. She's not quitting, she's just not going to be competing. But she never said the word retired, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: There was a guy that caught a touchdown, yeah, the Vikings.
Speaker 3: I think he did the exactly the kangaroo. Yeah, and it was a.
Speaker 2: Basic I mean he it was perfection, like he must have practiced this for it's so good.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Speaking of Australians, there is some speculation that this relationship between Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster has actually been secretly going on for years now while they were both still married, because Hugh and his wife broke up a while ago. But Sutton and her husband just recently announced they were divorcing. So there's that. And then finally I get it. I'm older. The older you get, the harder it sometimes can be to really just sit and make time for new music. But I also love that there's an old fashioned way. I have a come up and Benson Boone has really done it this year that way, like the old school way of just building and doing shows and doing TV appearances. And I finally got around to listening to his album. Have you listened to it?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've listened to the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Now I listened to the whole thing, and I fucking love it. And I keep watching all these performances of his and he is so fucking talented. He is gonna be even bigger with his next release. I feel it. He's very, very talented, and I love the album and I'm excited to hear more from him. Quick. Thank you to some people who signed up for our Patreon over the last week at patreon dot com Slash Perez Hilton, thank you for your support. Kat Stargazer, Anna Poiky Machi, Pernill in Denmark. I think thank you, Pernill, Catro Rodriguez, Megan JC, Katie Carucci, Nancy Rubaucava, Jess Degenio, in Astro, Kimmy Lamb, Dusty Winters, Brenda Thurston. We appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: We never talked to Grammys.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 2: I just was shocked that Arianna got snubbed, so did do a liipa. That doesn't shock me.
Speaker 3: I mean that's that in the pop categories, it still could have.
Speaker 2: I just think there were bigger things that were more kind.
Speaker 3: Of real and on the flip side, Okay, here's a good controversial take, but I believe it. I actually think Billie Eilish got too many nominations. I don't think Birds of a Feather is like that epic amazing.
Speaker 2: So I think you're crazy. I would say that song of the what in the conversation for song of the Year.
Speaker 3: Well, it's nominated, but I don't think it should be up there.
Speaker 2: No, it's like the best song she's ever put out. Man, I think.
Speaker 3: I like it. I don't think it's I like it a lot, but I wouldn't call it like one of the songs of the year.
Speaker 2: I would just from the virality of online and how many people are putting it in their things, and how many covers of it are all out there. It's just I don't know, you know, it's bigger than any Taylor Swift song this year, and she's nominated for that Fortnite song. It's not a good song song of the year. Give me a break.
Speaker 3: I mean, Beyonce got a ton of nominations, and she should have.
Speaker 2: But I told you she's gonna win Album of the Year.
Speaker 3: I think it should be Chapel Roane. Absolutely, it's close.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's really close. But that Beyonce record.
Speaker 3: If I was a Grammy voter, I would vote for Chapel Rome.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any wrong answer there. I don't like disagree with you. I just kind of think Beyonce that album was it's fantastic, so fantastic too. I mean, it's it's kind of what I was saying to you. I think that the Grammys did a pretty good job of getting it all right.
Speaker 3: Going back to what I said about Record of the Year, since I'm looking at it now, it doesn't make sense to me that Billie Eilish song was nominated over the Shaboozy song. The Schabboozy song is the much better record of the Year and a bigger hit. Same with the Morgan Wallin and Post Malone song that wasn't nominated and Billy Eilish was.
Speaker 2: But was that last year?
Speaker 3: No, it's this year.
Speaker 2: Shaboozy was this year because Chaboozie should have been nominated. Shaboozy was nominated for something, though, Wasn't it not for Record of the Year. That's shocking. But record of the Year is recording.
Speaker 3: It's like the hit of the year. It's not a songwriter award. The songwriter awards for song of the year.
Speaker 2: So it's actually like, that's the more I always get, the too confused. So that's like the more like relevant one, not so much about the recording of a song.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Chaboozy should have been nominated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so should have Morgan Wallen and post Malone.
Speaker 2: Which song was that I had some held it was?
Speaker 3: It was an enormous hit this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I think Birds of the Feathers one of the biggest songs of the year. I think Beyond the Way, but Fortnite.
Speaker 3: That you know that should not have been nominated. No, give me a breath, No, all right, let's take some.
Speaker 4: Calls hips hype Booker, love you guys. Just finish sharing your election podcast, and just wanted to add a quick comment. I voted for Harris, I have to say, and I just want to hear your thoughts. It was just for me really hard to hear some of my other fellow liberal friends and who are women. I saw quite a few videos of them crying and sending putting up the longest Facebook posts and literally filming themselves in tiers and having complete meltdown turning onto the view and seeing everyone dressed in black. I'm forty four. I volunteered for Obama's first presidential campaign. I remember sneaking photo copies at my job after work so I could hand out fires and making the phone calls. I just feel like our party has to change, our narrative has to do the work. I attended abortion rallies, local rallies, and I felt like most of them were even third party people, you know, Like I'm just wondering. I just feel like we just sound like a bunch of whiney babies sometimes, and I'm just completely fucking over it now.
Speaker 3: Well, on the flip side, the right were whiny babies and they fucking stormed the Capitol. So hello, that's a very good point.
Speaker 2: It's funny that the ride always has the narrative that the lefts a bunch of whiners. I've never heard more complaining in my life. Have you listened to Trump speak? I don't think it's the Dems stirring the pot. I think it was him stirring the pot. So I don't know. Everybody's a big whiner. You're right, but you gotta play with the cards that you're done.
Speaker 3: In twenty sixteen, after Hillary lost, I was one of those hysterical people making videos. So that's totally fine. All right, let's wrap it up, all right. Appreciate you all, Thank you for listening. Hopefully we'll see some new people. Sign up and check us out at patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton on Thursday for our second show. If not, see you all next Monday.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and seven five. If you'd like to leave a call or a comment as well, I should add that. All right, guys, take care,