Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm strong and he armstrong and yetty.
Speaker 3: This overturns a lower court order which had barred those removals from taking place. Here's Homeland Security Secretary Christinoum.
Speaker 4: Today's a bad day to be a terrorist in the United States of America. Today the Supreme Court came out with a decision that reaffirmed President Trump was correct in using his authority on using the Alien Enemies Act to deport terrorists out of this country.
Speaker 3: Attorney General Pambondi saying tonight's decision is a landmark victory for the rule of law. An activist judge in Washington, d C. Does not have the jurisdiction to seize control of President Trump's authority to conduct foreign policy and keep the American people safe.
Speaker 5: So the big headline that landed yesterday was from this is from the New York Times. The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to use a wartime power law to deport Venezuelan's uh yeah.
Speaker 1: The reporting on Supreme Court decisions especially fairly technical preliminary decisions like this is absolutely as bad as the economic reporting. You were always griping about the dire indoor reporting on dire wolves on ABC, for instance, or NBC. Ah, yeah, yeah it is. You might as well not hear the report.
Speaker 5: Okay, awesome. I glad you're going to fill us in. Because I didn't pay attention to this story.
Speaker 1: I find myself in a place of profound discouragement Jack.
Speaker 2: I was doing all my right through.
Speaker 5: I was doing all my research on ancient wolves, so I didn't have time to look into the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Somebody go get me my scotch. I need to, you know, screw my courage to the sticking place I just did.
Speaker 5: Did you see that on the third story on sixty minutes Sunday Night about oak barrels and whiskey.
Speaker 2: I did not. You should watch it. It'd be up your alley.
Speaker 5: It's all about the importance of oak barrels and how they continue to be as big a deal as they ever were.
Speaker 2: And it looked it made me, it made me want to drink whiskey. Wow.
Speaker 1: Necessarily great, But yeah, boy, I do enjoy my scotch in the evening anyway. So it was a five for Supreme Court ruling on Monday that lifted the lower court's order. You've heard about this judge, what's his name, Boburg or something like that, Bohsburg.
Speaker 2: That's right, Who's Washington d C. Judge and lefty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he had said, you got to stop sending Venezuelan gang members to that Salvador and maximum security prison under the Alien Enemies Act.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the videos of that. Why do they march everybody around pushing their head down?
Speaker 2: Are they all that bad? It must be a crowd of bad guys.
Speaker 1: And nobody can like mount or resistance in that posture. I know it looks incredibly uncomfortable, especially as an older fellow.
Speaker 2: So anyway, but the.
Speaker 1: Five to four Supreme Court ruling yesterday lifted the judges order blocking the deportations, but in a note that I find very encouraging for reasons i'll explain, the court also said the detainees were entitled to notice that they were being removed under the wartime measure and an opportunity to challenge their deportations before a federal judge in Texas, because that's where they are in the immigration lock up, where they're being held they cannot go before District Judge James Boseburg in Washington, d C. And get a favorable ruling anymore. So it absolutely is a affirmation of the Trump administration what it had been doing. But it also said, and I think this is absolutely appropriate, Hey slow down and give these people due process, because we give everybody due process, whatever that happens to be in the specific day.
Speaker 5: So Scarborough was saying this morning on Morning Join MSNBC, he said, smacked down by the Supreme Court for Trump, and I thought, okay, this is interesting. This is the opposite of the way I saw the headline yesterday he said, in those headlines that we heard to start the segment, Yeah, he said, with all nine justices saying he needs to go through due.
Speaker 2: Process for these people. So that that's correct, that's accurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean that's a one sided interpretation of what was done. On the one hand, it was, yeah, you have this power under the Wartime Act as far as we can tell, but everybody has to go through due process. So it was, you know, a little peanut butter, a little jelly if you will, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, a little league coach here and there, and ship them off to one of the worst prisons in the world.
Speaker 2: Omelet Eggs.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your finally wrought sarcasm, sir, but I tell you what. Looking into the case of the one Salvadoran fellow who was alleged to be a member of MS thirteen, different gang and got shipped off, and now there are a couple of suits and cases going on, and the judge ordered that he'd be brought back. Really interesting legal fight going on over that. I dug pretty deeply into it yesterday, including reading the transcripts of the actual case, and it was a serious mistake. I don't see any good evidence that the guy was an MS thirteen member. In fact, as a boy, a young boy, he was brought to the United States because the gang thing was so ugly where he lived, and they were trying to compel him to join the gang. For reasons that are a little complicated. His parents had a business. They're being extorted by the gangs, blah blah blah, horrible, and it was like, we need, we need young men in our gang. It'd be a shame of something happened to your business. So they said, you know, terrified and and grief stricken. Send the boy to live with his aunt and uncle in the US because this is too dangerous. He's never been accused of anything, he's never been arrested for anything. He had one informant who said he associates with quote unquote MS thirteen guys. Now it could be that that's true, and if he's an active MS thirteen guy, bring him back, go through due process, then ship his ass out. But here's here's the thing. And if you do not share this principle with me, we can't be friends. We have got to every time tell the government before you take away somebody's liberty or their property or their life, you prove to whatever level is appropriate. Because criminal law, civil law, immigration law, they all have different standards, which is fine, but you've got to prove to that standard that what you're doing is justified. Because if we the people start you know, going soft on well, he was an allegal immigrant, therefore we can do anything we want with them, even though he's been here for years and has an America wife and American children. It's very close to I said, they came for the Jews, and I said nothing. They came for the Catholics, and I said nothing, et cetera. We've just got to have that in place, even when it's annoying and time consuming. Now, does that include somebody who sneeze across the border and the border patrol grabs them right there.
Speaker 2: No turn around, boot their ass out. That's fine. Man, that's a horrible story.
Speaker 5: That reminds me of the Clint Eastwood movie Grand Tarino, where that poor kid was being you know, they're trying to force them into the gang. Yeah, you know, your parents don't want their kids to be in the gangs. But man, what an awful situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I actually think this is a pretty balanced ruling. I'm gonna look into it more. It's interesting because there have been three very similar cases, each of which has been five to four. But Justice Roberts and amy Cony Barrett's votes are very much in play, and she dissented. Amy Cony bar did at least in part and joined the three liberals on the case. And I have a feeling it is one of the most sacred conservative principles. And that is the big stupid bureaucracy. A government doesn't get to f with the people without really good reasons, and just because it's and I know I'm going against the grain here of a lot of talk radio. But just because it's a group that you don't have a lot of sympathy for, you give away that principle. And we don't have a country. We don't have our country anymore anyway. Enough said, So.
Speaker 5: You could portray it if you want to do, like a drive by media they've brought back the dire Wolf sort of headline. You could portray this as good news for the Trump administration or bad news for the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, you can keep doing it, but you've got to be more careful.
Speaker 2: That's what the ruling said.
Speaker 5: By all nine justicials. You got to follow due process. Yeah, which I got promo with that greatest country on Earth.
Speaker 1: Simply safe home Security wants to help you with the problems of progressive law enforcement policies that would be decriminalized in crime, letting junkies set up camps in your neighborhood, the rest of it. Simply save home security, especially with their crazy cool active guard outdoor protection. Are there to prevent break ins before they happen.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, those AI powered cameras there, they're gonna catch the dire wolves before they leap through the window and.
Speaker 2: Are at your throat. That's nice, and I've got the.
Speaker 1: Three of them in my house to protect me. Who it's a tough situation. There's a lot of poop, a lot of poop.
Speaker 5: As amazing as this system, as you'd expect it to be pretty expensive, but it's around a dollar a day, no long term contracts or cancelation fees because they're proud of what they've built.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get annoyed by the old style systems that were ineffective and incredibly expensive and wires everywhere, really seriously look into simply Safe again, super reasonably priced and effective.
Speaker 2: Visit simply safety.
Speaker 1: Com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan, gets your first month free.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe Chicken Jockey.
Speaker 5: You either know what those two words mean or you really really really don't. But they are causing problems all across the country in movie theaters. It has grown exponentially since I brought it up yesterday. Wow, there's a problem for movie theaters. We've got an example of it coming up. Maybe warn your kids before they go to the Minecraft movie to keep them out of trouble. Chicken jockey, stay tuned, armstrong, chicken jockey. So my kids have been saying this for weeks. I didn't pay any attention to it, but I know they and their friends were saying chicken jockey for weeks. It's a it's a meme that has come out of the Minecraft movie, and like they ran enough promos that all the kids were aware of it, and it was already like the thing you had to say to each other to show your I don't know part of the tribe or however civilization works, this.
Speaker 2: Year's skivity, this month's or what.
Speaker 5: This is bigger than that and definitely more real than that. That was just so disappointing. I was disappointed in human guind for that one. Let me read from the Economic Times, which rights pretty in a funny way about this. Yeah, meet the chicken jockey. Tiny, rare and totally ununhinged unless you're a diehard Minecraft fan. That's where it comes from the movie. The term chicken jockey might sound like an odd combination of barnyard animal and rodeo event, but in Minecraft lore, this rare and quirky creature is something of a digital unicorn, a baby zombie writing a chicken. Its in game appearance is staggeringly rare, just a point to five percent chance if no chickens are nearby, and a point five percent chance if they are when you were playing Minecraft.
Speaker 2: But it little better with the presence of chickens.
Speaker 5: Every once in a while, it will just show up, and then it's very, very exciting. I guess then all of a sudden, you got a chicken jockey in your little Minecraft scenario that you're dealing with while you're playing your video games. So I mentioned I played this yesterday, you can start it. My son was at the movie theater with all his friends opening night for Chicken Jockey and he gets his phone out here let's listen, So everybody says chicken Jockey at the same time and collapse. And the fact that my son had his phone out already is I don't even know.
Speaker 2: What that is doing. It was coming and everything, but it's.
Speaker 5: Grown and it's become a thing. Here's the latest version of it, a different theater. People going wild, throwing things, jumping around, police having to come, people.
Speaker 2: Being leased, police coming, people being escorted out of theaters.
Speaker 1: And then people chanting and singing at them as they're dragged out.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So I'm just just letting you know because this is I'm guessing that's enough of that, Michael. I'm guessing that this weekend it is going to reach its zenith, would be my guess, and then it will go away forever. But it's going to be mayhem in the theaters. So just be prepared if you're sending your kid or going with your kids, Like if you're going with a younger kid, we're prepared to have popcorn thrown on your head when the chicken jockey appears.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm watching the strange mating rituals of the ostrich or something like that. These are humans and this is something they do.
Speaker 5: This this article in The Economic Times is really good divided fandom, hilarious hype or public nuisance.
Speaker 2: I'll have to do a deep dive on that. I don't know which it is actually.
Speaker 1: I just feel like The Economic Times is way out of its lane.
Speaker 2: But whatever. Jack.
Speaker 1: Speaking of chickens, everyone wants to raise chickens, but egg layers can be bad neighbors.
Speaker 5: It's the cost of eggs don't you know, as I've been saying for a couple of weeks, I don't know how many eggs you eat. Again, that's always my bottom line. I mean, if you eat fifty eggs a day, I suppose maybe you need to do something. But you do not want to get into the I'm owning chickens business just because the price of eggs is high for a while.
Speaker 2: I would suggest that there is.
Speaker 1: A failure to perform mathematics or right end, a failure to properly anticipate who's going to take care of the damn things. If you want to go on vacation or whatever, Hey, can you stop buy three times a day and tend to my chickens? No, not at any cost. A decade ago, Jack backyard chickens or on. We're more a niche for part time farmers and urban hipsters. But the COVID nineteen pandemic, and more recently the spiking egg prices has sent America's Americans flocking for their own poultry.
Speaker 2: It's plan worse.
Speaker 5: Wow, they said, flocking, and we're talking about birds. That's really something.
Speaker 1: There were eleven million households with backyard chickens last year, up from about half that number in twenty eighteen, according to the American Pet Products Association. Even US Agriculture Secretary Brook Rollins recently jumped in, by the way, what percentage of Americans could name the egg secretary?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe in the heartline they could.
Speaker 1: Anyway, recently jumped in saying she wants to help Americans save money by making it easier to raise their own egg layers.
Speaker 2: You're going to save money by.
Speaker 1: First of all, making sure that you can do this wherever you live, because there is noise and chicken guano is so stinky, and the startup call.
Speaker 2: And all of the care they take, they require it.
Speaker 5: It's the Uh, it's your time. So if you like this as a hobby, cool, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being being a gentleman farmer, a gentlewoman farmer. Uh, if you like I mean, if you can figure out how to make this work, you know, it's it's it's interesting, it's primal, it's it's agriculture, which is great.
Speaker 5: But I was thinking about this while I was dealing with my computer, which I still want to talk about. In the many hours I invested in trying to get my son's computer fixed, and this article I read a couple of years ago. I wish I could find it. It was so good. I talked about it on the air a lot about calculating what your time is worth and thinking about that on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: Oh, I remember.
Speaker 5: Bird flu, bird flu coincidental thinking about what your time is worth. And and most people, including me, don't do that. And you you do a lot of things you probably shouldn't do. You should either hire somebody to do or something, because you would never take that job for the amount of money that you're getting paid, which is nothing. But you would never take that job before even a decent amount of money, because no, I'm not gonna spend my Saturday X, you know, driving to Best Buys to try to get my computer fixed. I mean, if somebody approach you, hey, I'll give you fifty bucks to spend your entire Saturday afternoon dealing with this computer thing.
Speaker 1: You take no way, but you know it's what are you saved by driving or whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, And it's just it doesn't quite make sense. And the same thing with the chicken thing. How much is your time worth?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: If you if you're enjoying this, fine, but are you do you want to spend an hour a day or two hours a day, or it ends.
Speaker 2: Up being to get cheaper eggs.
Speaker 1: I did not even get to my favorite chicken statistics.
Speaker 2: Does it involved jockeys at all?
Speaker 1: No, these are unjockeyed chickens. That's the hot thing right now. You got to get a jockey involved.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: The reason we're not talking about tariffs with Russia is because we're not doing business essentially with Russia because they're in a war and I'm not happy about what's going on with.
Speaker 2: The bombing.
Speaker 6: Is a bombing like crazy right now. I don't know what's happening there. That's not a good situation. So we're meeting with Russia, we're meeting with Ukraine, and we're getting sort of close, but I'm not happy with all the bombing that's going in the last week or so.
Speaker 5: So Trump once again in the Oval Office yesterday with Benjamin nuttyaw who took some questions, and that.
Speaker 2: One about the.
Speaker 5: Peace process between Russia and Ukraine. I don't know if a peace process exists in any way. Actually they're trying to get one started. Unless he starts saying even stronger things about Russia. There is no leverage against Russia. Why would they quit? No him, So that's that one. And then the other hot spot in the world is Iran, and he was asked about that.
Speaker 7: We're having direct talks with Iran and they've started. It'll go on Saturday, we have a very big meeting, or we'll see what can happen. And I think everybody agrees that doing a deal would be preferable to.
Speaker 2: Doing the obvious.
Speaker 7: And the obvious is not something that I want to be involved with, or frankly that Israel wants to be involved with if they can avoid it. So when going to see if.
Speaker 5: We can avoid it, and the obvious is what he talked about last week, which is a bombing the likes of which they have never seen or the world has never seen, or some language like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: That's that's well put, it's well stated. I think he's one hundred percent right. It's going to be a hell of a tough nut to crack. The Iranians are among the best at appearing to cooperate and sign a deal meanwhile continuing their efforts, but Trump knows that well.
Speaker 5: There are various claims that Iran is just days from being able to put together a nuclear weapon and then that changes everything in the Middle East. So the difference between this and the Russia thing is obviously the leverage of he has stated out loud, We're going to bomb the crap out of you. If you don't, we will take out your nuclear program if you don't agree to, you know, pare it down to something that's only about energy. So that don't have that leverage with Russia. Yeah, and why don't we have that leverage with Russia because they have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't want Iran to get nuclear weapons. Yeah, they have the most nuclear weapons. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I would say that's exactly the right bargaining posture with Iran. Anything else is just fantasy land.
Speaker 2: Well, that'll be exciting.
Speaker 1: You think he comes to a deal with him, or do you think the bombs fly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think we end up bombing us in Israel.
Speaker 2: How certain are you? I don't know. I'm over fifty percent.
Speaker 5: But I also can't come up with why Iran wouldn't realize at some point Jesus, what is what? What advantage do we get out of getting bombed back through?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Have enough? Yeah? The only thing that we won't let This is what I'm certain of.
Speaker 5: We will not let Iran get Trump will not let Iran get a nuclear weapon. Biden said that, but would have let them get a nuclear weapon rather than bombing and Obama.
Speaker 1: Obama was so in love with his own diplomatic skills he was not a realist.
Speaker 2: Trump will not let them get a nuclear weapon. Yeah, yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I agree with you about the most probable results. It'll be interesting to see unfold.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: What I started to say was the only wild card that Westerners must always remind ourselves of, which is why I harp on this so much.
Speaker 2: Islamism is willing.
Speaker 1: To sacrifice virtually anything to bring on the ultimate victory of Islam, and there's a particular sub sect that's well represented by the Mullahs that believes the only way to bring on the I don't want to get too theological, but the coming of the great and glorious day is through cataclysm, through utter chaos, the battle for the universe and the hearts of mankind. So I guarantee you there's a faction Iran that says, oh, bring on the horrifying attack from the infidels. That's exactly what we need to galvanize the Islamic world.
Speaker 5: And anytime you unleash the dogs of war, you don't know what's going to happen. That's always been the case throughout history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very true.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Islamism, a couple of headlines, leadership crisis is compounding the decline of the Palestinian cause. Uh Hamas is is devastated, and and and Fatah.
Speaker 2: If you're not into.
Speaker 1: This, they're the like, more political, more reasonable leadership that's mostly on the West Bank for the Palestinians, but they're utterly corrupt and completely ineffective. So you know, you're beleaguered Palestinian folk. They get to choose between the lunatics of Hamas and the fat, thieving bureaucrats of Fatah, and no third alternative has has arisen. And after you know, the failings of yes or Era fat and just everybody who's claimed to be their leader, who was the jackass, who was the latest to hold negotiations then back out at the last second when they had a great deal.
Speaker 2: Mack Mudubas, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's there's They're in miserable, miserable shape, And I think this is a pretty good description. The Gaza strip is in ruins. Many residents might leave orb be pushed out. Following the war sparked by October seventh attacks, Palestinian territory in the West Bank is divided by ever expanding Israeli settlements. Middle East countries have been building ties with Israel and allies such as Iran and the Lebanese militia Hesbola were battered by Israeli attacks last year. Palestinians, meanwhile, are fighting with each other, caught between violent groups such as Hamas and the nationalist Fatah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, which we were just describing.
Speaker 1: You know, if you were if this was some sort of simulation in a political science class and putting aside the names and you know all and you were asked as a student, when you're looking at this trend line, what do you think is the most likely, uh, you know, set of developments, looking say five years down the road. I think any student worth the damn I mean, Jack, you can jump in here if you want, if you want to answer that question. My answer would be, uh no, those people are headed for a complete defeat and either assimilation with the new ruling party or they will be pushed aside and go find somewhere else to live.
Speaker 5: And decimating people is not what we do in the modern world, so it'll be interesting to see if that happens like the old timey days, where you actually just completely defeat your enemy to the point that they can't mount a offensive against you anymore. We don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, And as I pointed out a couple of weeks ago, read a great think piece and shared in on the air, there is no case in history last several hundred years where one neighbor has launched an unprovoked attack on its neighbor and lost that it did not lose its land.
Speaker 5: Of course, sovereignty, of course, it seems like the obvious end to that sentence.
Speaker 1: So it's this bizarro conceit of the polite pinking the air modern world that, oh, well, they launched a deadly and horrifying attack, including the murder of babies and rapes and the rest of it out of nowhere, and we've defeated them. But we must now go and live side by side and seek a to state solution. Though that's never happened in human israe.
Speaker 5: So I learned something interesting the other day journalist Douglas Murray, if you know his act, he's on a Lex Friedman's podcast, and he's done a lot, spent a lot of time in Israel and Gaza over the last you know, since October seventh, then before. But he explained it in a way I hadn't heard before about how Net and Yahoo and the Israeli government was asleep at the switch that allowed October seventh to happen. Now a lot of the Net and Yaho are Net Yaho haters have portrayed it as like some sort of evil deal he had made with Hamas or something like that, something untour. Douglas Murray's take on it was just that they had become convinced Net, Yahoo and most of the Israeli government had become convinced that Hamas no longer meant what they.
Speaker 2: Said, that they had become decadent.
Speaker 5: They had Israel had allowed them to accumulate so much wealth and comfort that they were not the kind of thread anymore that they used to be. The super high level rich guys were living in those apartments in do Bai or whatever, and they were stealing all the money and they got yachts and homes around the world, and net Yahoo and those around him just thought, they're not going to blow that up.
Speaker 2: That's not human nature.
Speaker 1: So the fiery rhetoric was just to you know, keep the people right, oil and the rest of right.
Speaker 2: And he actually believed that.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I could see where you'd come to believe that, like what, they're gonna blow up the cushiest gig ever. They're all billionaires and living you know, lives everyone wants to live. They're gonna blow that up to actually.
Speaker 2: Go to war with Israel. No, no flipping away, And they.
Speaker 1: Did well, and especially under the Obama and Biden years, the greatest superpower on earth was ordering them stop acting like there's an attack imminent, wars im and a you gotta live side by side two state solution blah blah blah. And then Europe, you know, one to hear other, big important, influential you know groups was saying exactly the same thing. And they'd look over there and think, you know, they are living pretty good lives and they say they're just gonna govern now and not be a militant organization. There'd be a hell of a temptation to believe it.
Speaker 5: And the other thing Douglas Moore Murray points out, which everybody points out, is Gaza is just rubble. Now, it's a whole bunch of people and rubble. So even if every member of Hamas's killed the day, now what who Who's gonna rebuild that?
Speaker 2: And why? And who's gonna pay for it? And why? Wow? What a man.
Speaker 1: Trump made reference just yesterday again to owning Gaza. If the US were to run it and own it, that would benefit to many many people Gaza Lago.
Speaker 5: Well, who else is gonna step in and want to run it or build it back up? What's your investment get you?
Speaker 1: Well, unless there develops a giant market for rubble around the world, Yeah, where's that money going to come from? Unless it's real estate speculation, because it's spectacular real estate.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, that story's got a lot yet to be written, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And you know what, honestly, not to come off like some old Testament profit or something like that. But in the span of history, the unfortunate circumstance of the quote unquote Palestinian people between the nineteen forties and today, that's not even a blip in human history. So they get shoved to side and got to live over there.
Speaker 2: History would not even yawn at it. It would even blink at it. It's not even worth remarking on.
Speaker 1: And yet in the modern world, modern media, video everywhere, and student activists and the best of it, everybody's acting like it's like the end of the industrialization of mankind or like one of the greatest happenings in human history. And I realized, I sound cold and saying this, but seriously, it's not no.
Speaker 5: The small number of people that are gonna lose their chuckle land yeah and go live elsewhere. And it wasn't working out anyway. Stocker Markets on why is that? Well, there are a couple of stories behind that we can bring to you maybe an hour four. If you don't get that, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Strong.
Speaker 2: This is going viral.
Speaker 6: A New York City delivery worker was caught on video.
Speaker 1: Dropping a pizza on the street, then picking it up and putting.
Speaker 2: It back in the box.
Speaker 1: Customers like, as long as it doesn't have any pineapple, I'll try.
Speaker 2: I like pineapple on my pizza. I do too.
Speaker 5: Our four some tariff talk that I think is interesting, but that that made you growan We do have a story about two identical twin dudes who married two identical twin women in a coat ceremony, and there's way more things that are the same.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting.
Speaker 1: And did that cause a wrinkle in the fabric of time or did they breed a super baby?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: Does seem like it should be in the Loki Show or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, h so great, Yeah baby, join us.
Speaker 1: For our four If you don't get our four subscribed to the podcast Armstrung and gettion demanded. I wish we had a little more time for this, but I just came across not long ago one of the most beautiful and touching things that I've seen in a very long time, and that is a a farewell message from me a love.
Speaker 2: Do you recognize that name?
Speaker 1: She was the young black woman who's elected the Congress in Utah. She'd been a mayor and stuff like that. She was the first black back woman Republican in the House of Representatives and.
Speaker 2: Really interesting person.
Speaker 1: She died recently of brain cancer, and she wrote what she said not a good was not a goodbye message, but a thank you message, and it is absolutely beautiful. And again I wish I had time for more, but I'll give you a little bit of it, dear friends, fellow Americans and Utah. And so I'm taking up my pen not to say goodbye, but to say thank you and express my living wish for you and the America I know. And then she describes the end of the battle with brain cancer and why she and her family have decided that now it's time to just be with each other as posed more treatments. Anybody who's gone through that terrible experience notes which she's talking about. As mayor, member of Congress, and media commentator, I've seen the worst of petty politics, devisive rhetoric, and disappointing lapses of moral character by some. These same roles also provided me a front row seat and a back stage pass to be blessed and inspired by the courage, vision, and hope of America's finest daughters, sons, and citizens. Couching this column as a dying wish felt a little dramatic, even for a drama person like me. We are not certain how long the season of my battle will be, and I do want to share and reshare some things with the world that I passionately believe I write all of this is my living wish and hopefully enduring wish for you. Let me tell you about the America I know. My parents immigrate into the United States with ten dollars in their pocket and a belief that the America they heard about really did exist as the land of opportunity. Through hard work and great sacrifice, they achieved success. So the America I came to know growing up was filled with all the excitement found in living the American dream. I was taught to love this country warts and all, and I understand I had a role to play in our nation's future. I learned to passionately believe in the possibilities and promise of America. Then she talks a lot about watching her mom and dad work our odd jobs to provide for the kids and the education that they got.
Speaker 5: God, I hate to turn this negative, but that's what I do. It makes me nuts that there are so many children of privilege on college campuses. I mean, you grew up an upper class lifestyle. Now you're at an expensive university and you're down and sad in our anxiety medicine, and became angry because you believe the country's so off awful and you can't make it right?
Speaker 2: Oh right?
Speaker 1: That just to me, You know, I don't hands are the devil's playthings. That just shows the corrosive power of lack of purpose and anyway, and this part I love too. Watching my mother and father work at odd jobs in order to provide for us and maintain their independence taught me valuable lessons and personal responsibility. When tough times came, they didn't look to Washington. They looked within because the America they knew was centered in self reliance. The America I know is founded in the freedom self reliance always brings. What makes America great is the idea that when government is limited and decisions are made.
Speaker 2: Closest to the people they impact.
Speaker 1: People are free, free to work, free to live, free to choose, free to fail, and free to achieve. The America I know provides everyone an equal opportunity to be as unequal as they choose to be. We will have a link to this entire essay at Armstrong and getty dot com. I say just you very strongly. You read it, because there's a lot more to it.
Speaker 5: What said saying of whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right, you're right. It reminds me of that with the philosophy of you either believe this is a country where you can work hard and make it, or you don't. You believe that that's a lie that people tell you. I've heard Bruce Springsteen say that they push this lie that you work hard and you'll make it.
Speaker 2: Afe youw Bruce, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I need my sociology lessons from guitar players. Gritty determination you're gonna win, sniffling victim, you're gonna lose. That's just true, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm