Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Monday, May nineteenth. I am Billy Rutlers along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call in on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two a doh two two eight seven. Text us at five oh two two sixty five six six five six And as always, the KSR Pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington in the City Center on Main Street. I'm here in Lexington, Kentucky in the Citney Center. Shannon the Dude is in Louisville. We are holding it down and we'll pass it over to KSR around ten am where the guys will be in London, Kentucky doing the show in the the disaster area. There's no easy way to start this, but there was a significant loss of life over the weekend throughout the Midwest and the South, including our own state of Kentucky. Once again, once again we come on these airwaves with terrible news to report about nineteen people killed in Kentucky, in the devastation in London and in Somerset after tornadoes hit the area on Friday night, Shannon, there's no way to talk about it, but just some devastating weather, devastating images over the weekend, whether it be the tornado or the houses scattered about. The state cannot catch a break, and specifically Eastern Kentucky just seems to be hit and hit again, and our thoughts and prayers go out to everybody affected by these terrible events over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Shannon, Yeah, I mean, it's just so sad to see the pictures of the devastation. People who've lost lives, some people lost everything that they own, you know, house is just flattened. Just really sad to see that. But at the same time, I will also say it was just you know, seeing those images of Kentucky AND's coming together us at our best man. That's what we do, helping our neighbors out, helping out other people where we can. That was just heartwarming to see those pictures come out, and including you saw Mark Pope out there helping out in London and Read Shepherd as well. So you know, like the homes of stuff will be built back. But I really just want to keep in our thoughts those who lost friends and family over the weekend because that's just you know, obviously that's the saddest part of this whole thing, just just really devastating. So we're thinking about you, everybody in London in Somerset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tragedy can bring out the best in US as a community, as us as humanity. You mentioned Reed Shepherd and and Mark Pope who was on the roof helping take limbs down. I even see people like Corey Price, you know, bringing it, putting his car together and getting water bottles to people in need. It is the best comes out of people during these times. And if you're looking for ways to help, I know iHeart has a directive with Red Cross if you'd like to many make any donations there. Andy Basher has the Team Kentucky link available as well if you'd like to partake and help there. And I'm sure Matt will have some information later where the guys will hopefully be connecting from somewhere in London and telling us how we can help. But you know, Shannon, you're right, I mean, as powerful as the images were of the tornado and the lightning strikes and flashes, it was even as powerful to see Reed Shepherd picking up debris in yards and as tornado Alley has kind of shifted across the country. Kentucky is right in the middle of it, and we've seen a lot of tornadoes over these last few years, and so it's something that we'll just have to keep monitoring and working to recovery because there is a lot of devastation throughout Kentucky. So there's no easy way to start the show, but we have to address I mean, we are thinking about our people throughout the state and we will throughout the week. We'll keep you up to date on what the best way is to help with others. But we also like to think of this show as a distraction from Shannon. So we are going to go about our way and talk about some nonsense and some sports, but over from over the weekend. But really there's no easy transition from it. We are thinking about everybody that was impacted by these devastating storms over the weekend. H Shannon. I do want to also say thank you to the ladies of KSR. They were nice, nice enough to make our own Funko pops and we got those on Friday. You had your own little wrestling belt. I had two mimosas, one in each hand. Shannon they really do know us, and that was I thought that was a really nice touch from the girls on Friday.
Speaker 2: You know, like I think that my funk O Pop was the best because it had the World Heavyweight radio title, which, by the way, I found out was three D printed, so that was like, you can't just order that on whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Funk had zip.
Speaker 1: Tide to your action figure because it wouldn't stay on there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh they did. I didn't even notice that, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So whenever you get it, or if you haven't got.
Speaker 2: Anything, I will say they did a very good job with yours too. I mean, what better are two assessories to have than two mimosas, one in each hand. So I had a beer my hand with a microphone on the other. You had two mimosas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I And I just had to look up the picture again because they gave me a mustache too. But it's like slightly tilted.
Speaker 2: Shit, oh I've seen it. Yeah, I mean, what it's a crooked mustache. It looks just like you.
Speaker 1: Is that what my mustache looks like? Is it slightly crooked like that? It does look like that, maybe not as patchy as the real version. But I absolutely loved it, and uh I did have a sense of I made it, Shannon. When I got my own Funkle pop the other day. It's calm down billing, like anybody can have a Funko pop. Now, you can yourself on there if you want to. Anybody can know. It's not there's not a website where you can just make make one yourself.
Speaker 3: But there is. That's what you's why you know one?
Speaker 1: No, there's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well well then I guess they mass produced those two Mimosa Billy Funko pops. I could probably just see them in retail stores all over the country, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Why why why aren't my checks coming in for the Funko pops that were made about me? Oh, nobody's buying them, So I mean.
Speaker 3: We're having a hard time moving units.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's why my commission checks aren't coming out. Well that yeah, again, that was very nice and uh, you know goes back to r KSR fan base being the bass Kelly.
Speaker 2: It was even nice enough to drive mine all the way out to Mount Washington. It went from like I didn't know they brought it to Mount Washington. Do you have yours in your hand yet?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah. I put it right in the center of the living room, Shannon, right next to my fantasy football trophy, the one that the fiance is trying to move out of the living room for every single day of the year. It's it's right up there in the middle of the living.
Speaker 2: I've got mine right out there in my man cave garage area, right next to the beaten and battered old radio heavyweight title that somebody took a sledgehammer to. So it's got that and like the funk O pop and Sarah's like, you got a shrine to yourself out here, I'm like, this is not a shrine to me, Like this is These are gifts people give me and and championships that I've won. Okay, I'm not trying to make a shrine out of myself. But what do you do with the stuff? Like when somebody gives you stuff that is like an image of you, Yeah, you don't just throw it away or set it in a box.
Speaker 3: You got to set it out there on display.
Speaker 1: Well, most people have a man cave, but I feel like me and you are in the minority here. We're just putting it right in the center of where everybody's at Yeah, well, if you're gonna live, you're gonna spend life here. I mean, you might as well see the heavyweight title and yeah, I mean the whole.
Speaker 3: Point of it is to display it, So why would you not display it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: She thought I was trying to do a shrine. I'm like, this is not a shrine. It's my my figurine.
Speaker 1: Yeah well, I mean yeah, I'm sure you got some trophies in the attic that you could also bring out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Little League trophies I do have in a box. They are not on display. I don't have any I don't have like my college degree, you know, up on the wall or nothing like that. Do you know, by the way, did you like you got like we just had graduation last week, when you got your high school diploma or your college diploma, did you did you put that up like anywhere?
Speaker 1: They're not framed. They're in like a small book that keeps it, I guess intact. But no, they're not framed and up on the wall. I actually found it the other day when I was going through some boxes in the attic, and I was like, hey, this is probably a good thing to have. Maybe I should put this out where I could find it again, but no, I do have it, so I'll keep it ready for a rainy day, Shannon, in case somebody needs to or somebody tries to check me and say I'm not educated. Well, here there's a piece of paper that says that I am from western Kentucky. That's right from the Hill, baby. That's why I got these big calf muscles.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Also, I got my gas grill the other day, Shannon, hooked up your propane tank. You might as well call me Hank Hill because I was grilling over the weekend. It all turned out great.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Got some chicken skewers and cook some veggies on the grill. It was it was easy to fire up. And so now I'm just waiting until you bring over a little pumpkin and we can have a little little grill fest over at my place.
Speaker 3: Some pumpkin pie.
Speaker 2: And you're I don't think you keep saying it, but you keep saying that, I don't think you put pumpkin on a grill.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe you could.
Speaker 2: I guess you could put anything on a grill if you wanted to. I don't think it would be good though, but I'm glad that you got to try out your your gas grill. I actually did some grilling as well, but I did charcoal. And I'm telling you, Billy, there's a big difference if you do charcoal what you won't be doing because you got a gas grass gas grill. Let me say that five times fast, a grass cow. I don't know what that means a gas grill, but I'm telling you when you do charcoal, there's a big difference between the charcoal where you got to dump all the lighter fluid on it, and then that there's also a match lit where it's just you just light it and boom it traded to go. Huge difference. I would definitely suggest if you ever go charcoal, you get the match lit charcoal because it's it lights quickly.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, I've had a charcoal grill for years, but what I did was I got a charcoal starter and you put like newspaper at the bottom of it, and so when you put the coals in it, and then you can light it from the bottom and so you don't have to deal with lighter fluid in matches. But look at us, Shannon, look at us, I mean, are we doing a cooking show this morning on the kosrpre show. I mean, are we the best cookers on ks R if we were to?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know because I don't know if I mean, I'm assuming Drew can cook cook I think Ryan probably can too.
Speaker 1: Now Ryan hosts the pool parties, he'll cook some burgers. But is he cooking on a regular basis? Like is he I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never really asked him.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Like I don't know if he orders out, you know, like goes to get carried out on a weekly basis, or if he actually cooks.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's doing the cooking there.
Speaker 1: Well, he is the one that has had children, so I guess theoretically he has had to provide for kids. And if if he's not going out every day to buy Wendy's chicken nuggets or McDonald's for the kids, then he's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I hear about him going to waffle House all the time. So maybe he doesn't cook out. Maybe he's he's the one that's always going out. But you know, I'm doing simple things on the grill. I'm not getting too complicated I'm doing, like, you know, brots and burgers, which you really can't screw that up unless you're just not paying attention. It gets pretty easy to do those type of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the Tomahawk's steak from no chailnd to farms that requires searing on all sides, and then you know, a little bit of time on the grill that's gonna gonna make it, maybe make it a little bit more difficult. But you're right, Just throw some burgers on there, some brots, Shannon. The dudes got what the you know? You don't have the fountain in your backyard anymore. No, that's a little sad.
Speaker 3: I've still got bits and pieces of it though.
Speaker 2: I could still recreate it if I found the right person, if I found a good brick layer, we can make it happen.
Speaker 1: You need a little shrine to the Phoenix Hill. It's having fountain.
Speaker 3: Right man. It's funny you say that.
Speaker 2: I've had, like, I feel like all weekend long that this has come up in conversation, the fountain.
Speaker 3: The fountain. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's for some reason. I've been talking about it the last two days. People will just randomly bring up the Phoenix Hill Fountain and you're the third person in three days to bring that up to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll get a tarot card reading later today about how the fountain means good fortune for your life in the future.
Speaker 2: Mountain not a drain coach, don't you once said? Huh used to like this show or the KOSR Show.
Speaker 1: Nick Minjeon is gonna be on the Paul Finebomb Show later today previewing Kentucky's matchup with Oklahoma that will be their first matchup in the SEC Tournament in Hoover, starting tomorrow at two pm. But Shannon, while we're at it, and I'm in a tough series for Kentucky baseball. They were opt at Vandy, and I believe it was a series in which they led in every single game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they should have won those first two games. I mean the first night was absolutely brutal. I mean, you have outs, two strikes, you need one more strike to have a win over a top ten Vandy team, walk off three run home run. Very next night you're leading again in the bottom of the ninth, and another was a two run walk off homer I think on Friday night, and then on Saturday.
Speaker 3: They were leading and then blew another lead, end up getting swept.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a series where Kentucky should have won at least one game and you could save two, and you could say there's even an argument that you know, there's a good chance they could have swept.
Speaker 1: Vandy but just could not hold on to a lead right after they just swept Oklahoma this month as well. Their opponent in the SEC Tournament. Kentucky is a twelve seed, but another gut punch losing to Vandy three times. Man, you know, I'm optimistic that they'll be in the NCAA tournament. I even heard Tom Leach talk about D one baseball saying that they are not even one of the last four teams in, so they should be safe and in. But you know, I'm hoping they can get some momentum on going on to run here, Shannon, because there's been some tough, demoralizing losses for this team this year. There's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yep, they got Oklahoma first in the SEC tournament. Good thing is they just swept them last week last weekend, So you gotta feel good about at least getting one.
Speaker 3: Win here in the tournament, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I give you another Nick Minjeon caliber quote here, Shannon. I don't know if you've ever said it, but I heard it on TikTok the other day, and I'm just gonna leave lead my life by this mantra. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 3: Let's go all right?
Speaker 1: Life doesn't come at you, it comes from you. Shannon, mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Who said? Okay?
Speaker 1: Did so? You wanna know who?
Speaker 3: You want to?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: I heard that from?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who's the source of this quote?
Speaker 1: Timothy Shallo May is who I heard that from? First, Shannon. I think he was quoting. You don't know who Timothy Shallo May is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who is it? Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: Well? He is? Of course, of course I know, but I just didn't know you were that out of touch.
Speaker 3: I guess I am. Who is it? A TikTok?
Speaker 1: Now he's a famous actor. He's dating Kylie Jenner right now. He's in He was Willy Wonka, he was the main actor in Doune. He was Bob Dylan in the newest movie about him. None of these ring a bell AMC's in trouble.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen any of these movies, No, no, No, Gene Wilder is Willy Wonka.
Speaker 1: He always gen Wilder, will always be Willy Wonka. You were right about that. Timothy was in the remake. But Chla May's making rounds man. He's been the number one New York Knicks fan and throughout the playoffs he's wearing Tim's and he's court sided for every game. Timothy, he's he's putt I'm looking at as the little IMDb picture and he's putting off two of Mosa Billy vibes strong, oh the strong.
Speaker 2: Aura and Timothy could get Jennifer Lawrence's number. I guess this guy actually could though, that's the difference between he and you.
Speaker 1: Uh, and he already did, and he's dating Kylie Jenner right now.
Speaker 3: Which I think I'd rather have her number.
Speaker 1: I think you put me in the same category as Timothy. I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: I mean when it just comes to Aura and you know, being good at what you do, but you can you can write one that one down if you want to. Life doesn't come at you, it comes from you, and uh, people figure that out. That'll be a little better off now. Inspirational eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. We're gonna try to have a little fun here, but a reminder, KSR is in London, Kentucky later today. The guys will be helping out bringing awareness to it. What is a difficult situation throughout our state. Please call us eight five nine to two A two two eight seven. We'll keep recapping the weekend, including a very exciting horse ration and I hopefully you tuned in for that. If in the uh the preak mistakes, we'll talk about that and much more next here on the KSR pre Show. Welcome back to the KSR pre Show. A Monday edition of the show the state coming together after the severe storms over the weekend Pulaski County, Laurel County. You saw Mark Pope on a rooftop helping the people in London, where Matt Jones and KSR will be later today. It was also announced on social media that Mark Pope will be on KSR this week with a one hour long conversation with Matt Jones. Matt, what are some of the things you would want to ask Mark? Because you know, everything's been sunshine and rainbows. Everybody's beautiful and the roster seems to be coming together, But is there anything that concerns you at all. What would you ask Mark Pope when he's on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think the one thing that everybody wanted to hear about was Travis Perry leaving, but we kind of got that quote already from him, right. I think you got to ask again about the Saint John's game. Even though he's made a comment on that, he wasn't asked about. Nobody yet has asked him about that. He spoke on that freely after a thirty minute press conference in which nobody even asked about the Kentucky Saint John's.
Speaker 3: So I want to know.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we got the game this year in Atlanta, but I want to know what's the future for that. Are we going to continue to do home and home? I know that was mentioned, but I don't think it was ever made official yet.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to know about that.
Speaker 2: And then just overall, what are your thoughts about the roster? You know, give me, give me a breakdown as much as you can on what we can expect for this upcoming season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love to know what the recruiting has been like for Mark Pope, because you know, when he had to put his roster together, in a month and was driving stick shift in South America and was you know, driving Andrew Carr picking them up up in Bowling Green after airport issues. Like there were a lot of things that came out of the recruitment process last year, So what are some of the stories this year, Like, you know, how did you meet Diabat right after he got done with a different team and he couldn't stop talking trash about the team he just met with or something. You know, those little stories are out there and and Mark was good at sharing those in the past. So I'd love to hear about some of these new guys and how the process all came together.
Speaker 2: And I know, I know mattsk going to ask why are we playing this Kentucky Louisville game so early in the season, Like what when?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I guess TV drives a lot of that, but could we not have found another time to play the game other than early?
Speaker 1: Well he was like, blame Louisville. Yeah, and you know, kind of laughed that off and was obviously being facetious, but you know, I want the rivalry to be back, you know, and in Pat Kelsey, making Louisville good helps the rivalry, so you know, hopefully there is a little bad blood there and Mark Pope puts Patt in another headlock again. I know obviously he didn't do that, but it looked like that from the image from last year. It was exciting stuff and hopefully he can do it again.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing though, he's already done that press conference and he already did one interview, so we kind of like all the stuff that we would have initially wanted to ask has sort of already been answered. But I guess, you know, you got to follow up on some of those answers that we got from previous interviews. You don't want to do the same interview that he already did with Rothstein, right, was it Rostein?
Speaker 3: He jumped on there with.
Speaker 1: Life that was his first one. Yeah, he did the Rosting interview and he said he'd jump on with Matt when he said the roster was complete, right, So I guess that means that they have their final number of people.
Speaker 2: Good thing is this is long form too, so it's going to be pre recorded and it's gonna be an entire hour. A lot of times when we have these coaches on, you know, we're being interrupted by the herdbreak and you know it's maybe a two segment interview at best. This is going to be an entire hour, which means, Billy, you're probably gonna have to do some editing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy, get on that. Cut that up so it'll fit into kiss. Don't worry, I'll get into that. We also had the release of the Matt Jones Show and looking forward to releasing those out on a semi regular basis every Thursday on WHAS, So get ready for more pre recorded conversations with the likes of Bomani, Jones and Shannon who knows will be the next guest.
Speaker 3: Did you have to do any editing for that? Oh? Yeah, okay, so keeping you busy over.
Speaker 1: Here, I had bleeps that I had to put in as well.
Speaker 2: Well, well you know bleeps, who's Matt's not causing? So Bamani's dropping bombs and bow money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he dropped his own bow bombs. You could say, Shannon, we had to. I mean, WHS. He can't stand for that, Shannon. They'll find us at the local level nowadays.
Speaker 2: That's right, who do we send the check to? Or it would be me or I guess the bill deal.
Speaker 1: It'd be me right if I don't bleep out and then somebody where to complain, I think that's.
Speaker 2: Well, No, man, I don't. I feel like that's a lot of responsibility on you.
Speaker 1: You think our bosses would stand up for me, maybe take it out of.
Speaker 2: The I'm sure they would. They would defend you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Billy, you got fifty grand you need to bring up because you let bo say the F word on has You know, hopefully bow Miney's win a little money betting on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right, Yeah, Promo Code ks R. That's the deal on DraftKings. Of course, the Preakness is over, so we're moving on back to the NBA. The finals are almost here or every second counts. With Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NBA, you're not just watching history, you're betting on it. And now's your shot to get in on the action. With player props, game lines, live bets. This is playoff betting at its finest, and you can bet with Promo Code KSR. If you're a new customer, throw that promo code in. You bet five dollars.
Speaker 3: And if your bet hits, your bet has to hit. On this one.
Speaker 2: If it does hit, you're going to cash in with three hundred dollars in bonus bets. That's for new customers. Bet five get three hundred. If your first bet hits only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bet expires one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. T Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: You know, we kind of mocked it. Sovereignty wasn't in the Preakness, but Journalism with an amazing come from behind wind Shannon one of the better horse racing finishes I've ever seen with Journalism kind of brushing off his opposing horses after he was getting squeezed and then come back comes back to win. So that was an exciting race, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of bumping in that race too. I mean, look like a couple of times, you know, Billy, if you got bumped that hard, you would have been on your butt.
Speaker 3: But but nobody.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gotta be fine.
Speaker 3: For this.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you can't whip a horse six times, you can't be bumping like that either.
Speaker 3: Well, my thing is like you can't whip them? What is it? Seven? Is that the.
Speaker 1: Whipping top six is the max? So seven would be over the line.
Speaker 3: So what makes me?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess you do have to draw a line at some point. But what makes six?
Speaker 3: Okay? But seven? No, we can't do seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, but I mean, I guess it's seen as animal cruelty if you're over that line. Shannon, I would say whipping a horse at all would be animal cruelty.
Speaker 3: I think one time would be.
Speaker 1: Six times is fine? Yeah, maybe they like they like it at six, Who knows. We'll talk much more on the way next.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's Billy and the Dude here on a Monday. Give us a call or text us at five O two two six five six six five six. Congratulations to Texas Roadhouse. They became the number one casual dining restaurant in America, surpassing Olive Garden. Okay, yeah, five point five billion dollars in sales and started in Clarksville, Indiana, started by a Louisville native Kent Taylor. It's Texas Roadhouse, the number one casual dining restaurant in America, Shannon, I have the top ten.
Speaker 3: Can you name any others casual dining?
Speaker 2: So we're talking about in the like sit down type, Okay, I just want to make sure we've got.
Speaker 1: And we're talking big chains here, think chains.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you like what should be number one, and that's chee Cheese. So next year when we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about this, che Cheese is going to be number one because they're gonna have multiple locations of chee cheese.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna say Chili's has gotta be on there.
Speaker 1: Chili number three, baby, good answer, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Chili's as your top three?
Speaker 2: How about Outback Steakhouse previous winner of the KSR Food Bracket.
Speaker 1: Correct number seven, And I will give you a hint. Another winner of the food bracket is on.
Speaker 3: The list, Oh, waffle House.
Speaker 2: Another casual About that, expert, Well, I think the other winner was Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 1: That's correct number five. Okay for five. You're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people think that I cheat. I always get accused of cheating.
Speaker 1: Well, you are in front of a computer, so I'm not gonna rule anything out.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at you right now like I didn't know you were going to bring this.
Speaker 1: Look at my eye contact contact with me.
Speaker 5: Three.
Speaker 3: Oh all right.
Speaker 2: So now my mind goes to, like when you buy those gift cards, you know, for Christmas, and there's like five.
Speaker 3: Different locations in the right place.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm now trying to think, like what would those be Like I know, I know Carabas is on there, like on those gift cards, but I don't think it's on the list.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's big enough.
Speaker 1: No Carabas. So you're still you're still in the right head space.
Speaker 3: Long Horns, there's long Horns on there.
Speaker 1: Long Horn Steakhouse. Yeah, number six.
Speaker 3: I'm killing this.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got what one, two, three, four, left, five left that you need to get.
Speaker 3: I've got half the half. It's not bad though.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the rest here so we can move on. Red Robin, Red Lobster okay r ten nine, Cheesecake Factories eight shout out to Cheesecake out Back, seven, Longhorn Sticks, Buffalo wild Wings five and Applebee's four. Ah.
Speaker 2: I should have thought about apple Bee's to round up Chili's, Olive Go Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: I probably would have gotten Applebee's. I would not have gotten Red Robin. I did not think that would be a top ten Red Loster makes sense.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good with this list, though, I mean, I'd probably put Olive Garden a little lower. But this is probably based on sales. You get me some of that cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse, Shannon, And come on.
Speaker 2: There's a I guess it's like a branch an affiliation with Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: A place called Bubba's thirty three.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, I've never been there.
Speaker 3: Well, they just opened one in Fern Creek.
Speaker 2: On Bardstown Road, where it's like the busiest place in Louisville Bardstown Road. So they're like, oh, how do we increase track. Let's put a Bubba's right there off the interstate. So now like you between Mount Washington and Friend Creek, forget about it. Like they just keep adding in more restaurants, driving even more traffic in a place that was already just out of control with traffic as it was.
Speaker 3: They just keep piling on.
Speaker 1: What's is it? Is it Dixie Highway? That's the one that's just a mess Shannon in the Louisville and that not an area. But that's another one that I've driven down before and thought, what am I doing? Where am I gotta get out of this? I am in a different country. Yeah, And I was going to the fish fry with Tony and Dwight back in those days. Channa, let's take a call. Who's up first on the phone? Nine eight five nine two two twos? So let's go to Peanut first. Hey, Peanut, Hey, what's up? Peanut? All right, good man?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: I got a couple of things, Sarah. I went to Anne and Marie Island this weekend, down to a buddies and uh, he caught us snooks and uh, you talk about people cooking, you know, I'm cooking that way. We had a good old fish fry last night.
Speaker 3: It's good a snook. Do you know what a snook is?
Speaker 1: I mean, no, do we know what?
Speaker 3: Do we know what a snook is?
Speaker 1: I think that's just a common fish, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah? I really didn't. I really didn't know much about it, but I was doing research. It's a it's a a prized fish.
Speaker 3: That's a big fish.
Speaker 1: But nothing common about that.
Speaker 4: I go, I'll send h I'll send a text machine the picture of it. It's a it's pretty ugly fish, but it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care how it looks. I don't care about taste.
Speaker 4: But then I have another another thing. When I went down there, you guys ever see businesses that have funny slogans on their signs out front?
Speaker 3: Of course? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, all right, I saw one that's funny. Maybe you guys can share a couple that you know of. It was a doctor's office down there in a reality and that said our staff is is great and your staff not so much, and and your staff was spelled s T A P h oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that's that's pretty good. I like that one, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Peanut, Yep, thanks for the call, Billy. I remember seeing one billboard around level that said your wife is hot, fix your ac ah. I like that an it was like an HVAC company that said your wife is hot.
Speaker 1: The puns are strong when it comes to business signs. Also, like you'll see a couple of businesses go at each other, right, I've seen like like a McDonald's or a dairy queen kind of go back and forth and call each other out. So, yeah, if you've got any submissions, I'd love to hear.
Speaker 3: Sure there's another.
Speaker 2: There's a gas station out around like Sulfur Kentucky, and they've always got just funny slogans on it, Like I can't remember one off the top of my head, but like when you go by, like every time I go by it, I make sure that I look for the sign because each week they change, like funny different quotes and things that they put on there. I like a business with a good sense of humors what I'm so.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a directive or is that just an employee with a sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a good sense of humor, and it's smart because it's got me talking about it right now, you know, worth still thinking about that business. Otherwise, how many gas stations do you drive by? I never think twice about it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You have this gas station that's got this billboard with a funny slogan on the outside, and now I'll still think about it every time we go out that way.
Speaker 1: That's right. And then you know, sucker morning radio shows will bring it up as a thoughder for their show.
Speaker 3: That's right, especially in the summer moves.
Speaker 1: That's right, Shannon. The Eastern and Western Conference finals are set in the NBA. We had a game seven over the weekend in which the Thunder beat the Nuggets. So it will be Thunder versus the Timberwolves tomorrow at eight thirty pm. And then on Wednesday it's the Pacers versus the Knicks. We were talking a little bit about shallow May, but I'm worried about the streets of New York. Have you seen the celebration from Knicks fans just to even make the conference finals. I mean, this is winning the conference semifinals, and they did beat the defending champion Boston Celtics. But Shannon, I am afraid New York may burn down if the Knicks go many any further in the playoffs. Friday night, New York looked like the most fun place on earth. People are partying in the streets and as long as they're not damaging things, which I'm sure if they win.
Speaker 2: The title there will be cars flipped. I'm sure they are sure, you know, But like as far as like set aside the damage that's done by you know, a handful of idiots I think that it's it's a lot. It looks like a lot of fun. I would actually like to have been there that night, really, Oh yeah, even though I'm a Celtics fan, like I love the city of New York. I hate their sports teams, but I love the city of New York, and it sounds like, you know, it looked like it would be the most fun place to.
Speaker 1: Be just going insane, people's cars getting mobbed. I mean a guy climbed a billboard and he was filming from up there. Now I didn't say that climb climbed a billboard. Yeah, I mean, my guy's scaling walls like Spider Man. But like, let's talk about celebrations for a second, because you know, Kentucky is known for burning couches to a degree, right. I mean, you have a big win in the final four, win a national championship, you kind of go crazy a little bit, You let loose and so you know, sanctioned. You know, you're not flipping somebody else's car over. You know, I think that's fine, But you know, there are times where sports fans lose themselves a little bit when their favorite teams win. And I'm not even talking about hooliganism when you go over to Europe and soccer fans are looking to fight the other fan basis. Shannon, are you okay with you know, fans kind of losing their mind when their favorite sports teams win every now and then.
Speaker 2: I mean, if your couch you want to burn, I'm fine with that, But don't go flip in other people's cars over. If you want to flip your own car over, I don't care, flip it over as many times as you want, But don't be flipping somebody else's car over or bashing in their windows just because you're a team won.
Speaker 3: To me, that's stupid. Like I love a good party.
Speaker 2: When you start talking about property damage and people getting hurt, that's where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: That's that's my question is is there a little property damage? Okay, if your team wins.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Super Bowl or the championship, you want to go bash your window, Go bash your own window, all right?
Speaker 3: Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. Yeah, we won, I'm gonna go smash somebody's window. Like, how does that even tie in? What's the correlation between my team won a championship. I'm gonna go flip somebody's car over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, you know, fan is short for fanatics, so we all got that in us a little bit if you're a sports fan. But like Philly greasing up their telephone poles because people are climbing the up them after they win the Super Bowl. It's just a little madness right here.
Speaker 2: Here for me is where it gets kind of you know, there's a gray line with everything. And I say, I don't like property damage, but I was cheering on the Vanderbilt student fan base as they were carrying the goalpost down Broadway, throwing it in the river, throwing it in the river, So yeah, that's their own property, right there's students of the university. I think theoretically you could look at that as you know, this is our moment.
Speaker 1: Now. If I go on State Street and flip a random Honda Civic.
Speaker 3: Over, why you gotta be picking on a dacific.
Speaker 1: Because I had Honda Civic. But that was my first car. It was eight hundred dollars in nineteen ninety nine, baby blue Honda Civic. I called it, Bessie.
Speaker 3: What do you think things doing now?
Speaker 2: My god, it's probably probably getting smashed by monster trucks.
Speaker 1: Well, we re sold it to somebody after the AC went out. I didn't want it anymore, but we ended up selling it to somebody. So maybe it's still out there working, or maybe it's like Matt's buick, right, and it's just sitting in a Is that what he had? A buick that was sitting in Jack Harlow's music video. Yeah, but yeah, like, just don't flip other people's stuff. So I'm with you, but you know the line there is property damage, okay, if your team wins a championship. I think some people might be on the other side of that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of old cars, though, I sold my old jeep Liberty that I drove from like I don't know two thousand and eight to twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: To my neighbor.
Speaker 1: And that's going to your neighbor.
Speaker 3: That thing now.
Speaker 2: Has like two hundred and fifty thousand miles on it and he's constantly over I heard it yesterday and like what is going on? And the smoke's pouring out of this thing. I'm going, man, just take this, take it to the you know, junk yard, take it around back. Yeah, put a bullet in and it's done. You know, like, what are you doing? Still trying to keep this thing running? Clearly way past its prime, and.
Speaker 1: It's crying out for help every time it starts.
Speaker 2: And once a week I'm looking over there and smokers just rolling out of this thing.
Speaker 1: Well it's a point of pride, right, I mean, how how many miles can you get on your vehicle? And there's some well made cars like Honda Civics that you can get up to two fifty three hundred thousand. You know, we've done the show where truckers tell us what their odometer's at and you'd be surprised how many times, like it's over three hundred thousand, even five hundred thousand. These things are built to last. Yep, not Bessie. Well it maybe Bessie, do agree? Eight five nine two eight seven. We'll take a break and come back with a couple more random stories and then we'll hand it off to KSR, who is live in London later today.
Speaker 2: It is the show before the show, before we go to a break, cannot can I tell you about one of our advertisers?
Speaker 1: Please interrupt me to do the things that we're supposed to do on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, Billy, I know you've I had a crack in your windshield.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you and everybody else once again about right Way Auto Glass. They make repairs easy with same and next day mobile service. Next time you have a crack in your windshield, called right Way Autoglass directly. It could be a real pain trying to get ahold of your insurance company. But if you call right Way Autoglass first, they will handle the insurance claims process for you. They make it that easy, and they're locally owned and operated and they combined generational skill with cutting edge technology to repair your broken.
Speaker 3: Glass the right way. It's right Way Autoglass.
Speaker 2: Team members are experienced, licensed and insured.
Speaker 3: They start with integrity and end with five star service. It's our Wayautoglass dot com.
Speaker 2: Rightway Autoglass dot com or give them a call at eight five nine, five two three ten ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Now we'll take a break.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We've only been doing the show for four years, Shannon. I may know what we need to do.
Speaker 3: We've got to keep you on a bit on that.
Speaker 1: That's all right, all right, good, all right, Well, we'll be all right back here on the case.
Speaker 3: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's our final segment of the show before the show, the casur pre show, Billy and the Dude A five nine two two eight seven. We'll take some calls here in just a second, but Shannon, we've got more bills to pay. Tell me more about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Billy.
Speaker 2: Saturday night, I decided I want to go to Bartstown, Kentucky. Why, I don't know. I just wanted to see what was going on there. You know, it's the bourbon.
Speaker 3: Capital of the world.
Speaker 1: Beautiful small town.
Speaker 3: I went in.
Speaker 2: I said, give me some of that silk velvet whiskey. It's my favorite whiskey on the planet. This one place that I went into, though, had more bourbon bottles in one small room that I think I've ever seen before. And I can't remember the name of it right now, but they had like a bacon Old Fashion and a bacon Old Fashion and a chocolate old Fashion and they were delicious. But here's the thing about silk vet whiskey, though, You're not going to mix this whiskey with other things, because this is a top notch bourbon that we're talking about here, Okay, Like anything that's like a really good bourbon, you wouldn't just mix it with other things.
Speaker 3: I see people and what are you doing? You're screwing it up. You would not do that with Silk Velvet Whiskey.
Speaker 2: It's a historic brand revived first crafted in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky, now brought back by the Hargest family over a century later. We're talking about a hand selected single barrel. Each bottle comes from a unique barrels personally selected by the team for its rich character and standout flavor, award winning craftsman ship and made and hand selected by master distiller Jacob Call, who is one of the most awarded distillers in Bourbon. We've talked about the story behind it. It didn't exist for over one hundred years. Prohibition came along. Then just a couple of years later, or a couple of years ago, the Hargest family brought it back and here it is Silk Velvet Whiskey. You can go online to Silk Velvet Whiskey dot Com aged six years to perfection, and you can also go on the social media accounts as well. They'll get links onto where you can find Silk Velvet Whiskey in a store near you. It's smooth as silk and riches velvet.
Speaker 1: Some news from Friday, But I want to give a shout out to our guy, Nick Coffee, our teammate here on Sports Talk seven ninety. He is going to be replacing Tony Cruz as the new morning man on News Radio eight forty whas from five to nine every weekday. Shannon was gonna ask you, do you think you could do five to nine every weekday? That wouldn't be much of a change for you nowadays, would it.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be because he's not getting up at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: He's on the air at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: That's right, which me and you'd be getting up at I don't know, three thirty.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had to do that shift? Or, like I guess, no way did that in your radio career.
Speaker 3: Try to speak that into existence.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean I struggle to get here about seven o'clock every morning, So there's no way I could do a five to nine.
Speaker 1: Five to nine lifestyle chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say, there's no way.
Speaker 2: You'd have to pay me very very well to change my lifestyle to where I had to come in get up at three o'clock every morning to come in here for work.
Speaker 1: And then be excited on the air, right, I mean you can't come on like dragon and tired. And so, you know, nobody's worked harder than Nick. I mean he's been in this business and on Sports Talk seven ninety for about a decade, maybe even more. So great things come to people who work hard, and Nick is a hard worker. So best of luck in your new role. Nick, Maybe just get used to drinking coffee. He doesn't drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh well maybe some.
Speaker 1: Only had one cup of coffee in his life.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a big white monster fan. Oh okay, Well, see everybody's got their vice. Everybody's got they do, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you an update I got from an anonymous texter here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about Ryan and if he can cook or not. Ryan Lemon.
Speaker 2: Cooked dinner last night. He made chicken with alfredo sauce in pasta. He does cook dinner from Tom to tom. He has come a long way, and it's like, you know, capital L capital O, capital long way. I should also include I wasn't there. I have no idea what it tasted like. But he does cook.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Ryan does cook.
Speaker 1: What isn't that? Anonymous sources he's cooking chicken in pasta and alfredo sauce. Maybe our guy does know what he I think he might.
Speaker 2: Be the best cookout of this KSR group.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe so maybe it is our dad, Ryan Lemon. Let's say another call before we leave, Shannon, who we got?
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to Casey. Hey, Casey, Casey, what's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning? Hey, Good morning fellers. I just wanted to call in and send some prayers to London and everybody affected by all this horrible tornadoes and storms that spends such a rough five years for our stake, and I just you hate to see it, but kentuckyans is the most resilient and I know everybody will be okay. Secondly, there's a garage, a car garage right next to my house called Rusty Nuts Garage. So there's that. And then and then my question. I'm so excited because I get to see Alice Lubi on twice for my birthday, and my birthday is the fourth of next month, and I'm coming to Somerset and Lace intend to see you guys. So what's the best concert you've ever been to? And the worst concert? And that's all I got, hope, you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, first of all, look forward to seeing Casey and everybody in Somerset on June sixth, gonna be there. We're going to be there for KSR two doing the show at the Virginia. Tickets are linked up on our social media accounts if you it's a ticketed event, so you do have to have tickets to see. Then on the seventh, we're going to be in Lexington, so we're going to be doing that the what is it called banners, No, it's a it's a music fest here, the Seaton Summer Fest June seventh. We go on at eight o'clock that night in Lexington.
Speaker 3: It's on June seventh.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, let me at that best concert you've ever been to, Billy and the worst.
Speaker 1: The worst was Third Eyed Blind. I was there for the opener when Third Eye Blind came up there. I left two songs in it weren't that bad worthy. I don't know, Maybe I just wasn't feeling it. My best was Mac Miller before he passed. I saw Nashville, okay, and he's a special place in my heart. Mac Miller.
Speaker 2: My best was Stone Tipple Pilots first show ever went to loisll Gardens, April eleventh, nineteen ninety seven. The worst was the white stripes they played what how they were terrible. It was just I thought, you know, you'd have a bass player or you know, somebody.
Speaker 3: It was just Jack and Meg White.
Speaker 2: It was just drums and guitar and him singing wasn't good. What is good, though, is winning money on DraftKings tround dollars. Get three hundred dollars if your bet hits, use the promo code KSR. You can do it throughout the NBA Finals in the Eastern Conference Finals, Western Conference Finals, all there for you on DraftKings promo code KSR.
Speaker 1: KSR is next for Shannon the Dude, i'n Billy Rutless. This has been the KSR pre Show.