Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 1: High school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl shared for the right teams.
Speaker 1: Drama Queens, Girl, Girl Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 2: Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to season seven episode four, Friends at Home. I am just beside myself. Before we even get into the synopsis, we have to talk about the fact that we're joined by a special guest who's filling in for our cost today, none other than Daphne's Uniga is back on Drama Queen's Friends.
Speaker 1: So excited say it is?
Speaker 3: These episodes have been so delicious for Victoria. I am like, I'm unwell.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions, Oh my god, And an episode that we're doing is so perfect for yeah, and especially brook and Play.
Speaker 3: It's so good. All right? Who wants to tell the fans at home what we're watching this week?
Speaker 4: I can give the synopsis. Rob Nathan scandal becomes public, Brooks Fashion Show brings an unexpected responsibility for Millicent and Haley, and Hailey convinces Quinn to talk to her estranged husband, David Commas. They're so confusing. Meanwhile, Mouth makes a decision that could threaten his career. Directed by Greg Prange and written by the one and only.
Speaker 3: John Norris, and the episode title is Believe me I'm Lying, which tracks for some people's behavior. Wouldn't you say I would?
Speaker 4: Before we get into the episode, can I ask a personal question I have, but I imagine many of the fans have as well. So is life better as a redhead?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: You recently made the change. I've been dying to know.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so funny. It just feels sort of fun Like obviously we all had this weird time during COVID, but this year, coming out of our strikes, you know, in our industry, when all of our unions went on strike. This is actually the first year that I haven't signed on to another show like I've I've been developing things and doing things, and so for the first time I have the ability to go and just make a couple of movies in a row. And for this next movie I'm going to do, I wanted to dye my hair and I'm actually really into it. I was like, oh, if it's the character, but maybe this is also me? Am I am? I she?
Speaker 4: So what I'm hearing is if I if I dye my hair red, I will not only be having more fun, but I will book multiple projects back to back to back.
Speaker 3: Listen. I think it's worth a shot.
Speaker 4: Couldn't her self tape thing isn't working, Let's try going red eat.
Speaker 3: Self tapes are awful.
Speaker 1: But by the way, rob your self tapes that you post on Instagram are hilarious than you like fighting with you. Guys are fighting with each other right, and it just reminds me at least like I don't have an actor husband. It's behind when I used to do self tapes, I really much have just given up because they're just horrific and they never lead to anything. So I'm like, I don't want to do that. I choose I choose out Door number two. But before I did, David would be like, are you crying? It doesn't say you should cry. I'm like, just read the words that I highlighted for you. Mister non Actor's like, I think you're a little worked up, but I'm like, you know, it's just stressful.
Speaker 3: You're like when the camera is rolling, it's not a time for feedback.
Speaker 4: I think, no, yeah, not looking for notes in real time.
Speaker 1: No, and then also like reading it and then looking at me like how am I going to read my line? You know, like I just want to. I just want like a fellow actor to be there with me and not my husband because it's I'm just like forget it, forget it, never mind, all right, fine, Okay, geez, you're a little touchy. Wow, this is really helping me.
Speaker 3: You know, like this is not good for our relationship. I will see myself out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm anyway. I feel like there's a lightness about you and a loveliness and that I've seen sof so whatever it is, it's oh it's it looks good on you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah. I think when you like stop swimming upstream or pushing the rock up the mountain like that sort of Sissyphian metaphor, right, like, maybe just let it go and follow it. What a wild concept, too new.
Speaker 1: I think we're all sort of like trained and conditioned to look for the struggle and to cling to something even if it's struggling. We were clinging. We feel like and when you can kind of like let go of a struggle even though it's familiar. And that's what I've noticed lately, and I think you can constantly keep doing that and see what's there. It's so much better for your nervous system and your well being. But it's a little uh wait, this is happy. What am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Lighter? What do I do with this?
Speaker 3: It is why I do it.
Speaker 4: That's what you do with it and going with the flow. You have now found yourself co hosting a new podcast. How has that been for you?
Speaker 1: Well, that's thank you for bringing that up and asking. Yeah, that actually is a good example, coincidentally of what I was talking about. Still the Place is a podcast, rewatch. We copied you, guys on our show that we did in the nineties, Melrose Place. So two of the other actresses who were leads on the show, Courtney thorn Smith who played Alison, and Laura Layton, who played Crazy Sydney and I started co hosting this podcast and that's so cool. Laura and I have been developing this other Melrose project for years. Like you're saying, pulling, you know, you want to know what that's like. Pushing a boulder up a very steep mountain, get in development, do something in this business and trying to make something happen from idea. And that's what it's like. And there's always you know, speed bumps and things happening and you just have to But this so Courtney and Laura and I are, we're in touch. We're still a friend. And she said, god, she texted us one morning, guys, I woke up and my girlfriend called me and said, I had a dream that you're doing in Malo's podcast. And Courtney texts us and says, why aren't we doing a Malo's podcast. Let's do it would be so fun and boom, I got in touch with iHeart Da da da meeting done, Easy, peasy flow. And our intention is to from the beginning, is to have fun, to sit around and watch a show that we did. You guys think you did a long time ago, and you're wondering, you feel remember anything. I'm sure ours was thirty years ago, and for sure we don't remember stuff, you know, but but watching it. We've done about four have aired so far, and from the pilot and watching it triggers memories and it's the nineties, so it's a freaking trip on a whole other level. And we look so young because we are. So it's a real fun thing to do, and we get to get together every week and just you know, that's the That's what I mean about just going dropping the stress about it and just having fun with it. So we're really it's a blast.
Speaker 3: It's so cool, is it? Because I don't really know about you know, your history on that show. I don't know if you had like a scary kingpin in the way that we did it. Is it just purely fun and wild and hilarious or do you find yourself having to navigate through periods of you know, triye, periods of strife or trauma or other things that are sort of wild to do as well?
Speaker 1: Well, good question. We did not have a scary kingpin who you know.
Speaker 3: Love that for you? Thank god?
Speaker 1: I want to be like thought he was our kingpin? Who was Aaron Spelling. Okay, so this man.
Speaker 3: Had an actual kingpin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this man he was lovely. I mean, as dramatic as it got was I had to shoot reshoot basically my introest scene because I was I was playing a girl from New York and I thought I'd choose choose some gum and put a hat on. Well, little did I know, gum and hats are are no nos with Aaron spelling Land, and so I had to be shoot. I thought I'd be fired. No, We've just reshot it, and he's like, lose the hat, never chew gum, and let's move on.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's wow.
Speaker 1: That was how it started. I remember for me, I came on halfway through the first season. But h no. But it is interesting. So because as I went back and watched the whole series in the last few years, because of what we're working on, and the trauma that comes up is on is the writing. And it's not their fault. It's society's default of going to threatening women and hurting women. And that's been the kind of default drama. If you need drama in a storyline, get let's bring it up, threatening guest star and hurt the girl and then she'll win and she'll get her come up. And so it's basically we saw over and over and over again, and I was shocked, and I remember shooting storylines like that very intense because was Melroy's place. We're basically a show that went over the top and just pushed all kinds of boundaries. And you know, drama had to one up itself every week, so there was a lot of that. But that's where that was kind of a shocking reality. But it wasn't behind the scenes hard. It was behind the scenes. We all got along really well. I mean maybe, like, how come she gets that dress? I want to dress? I shortened my dress to you know, to that's it, Like, that's about it.
Speaker 4: James and I had that all the time on One Tree Hill, right, I can relate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why does he get to wear the seventies basketball shorts and I don't?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And who and who? Who? Who won those? Did you ever get your way Rob Lafferty?
Speaker 4: No, he's a total devo. Are you kidding me? Because as soon as we got into it, he starts to cry and then everyone says, don't make James cry again. I'll be in his trailer for an hour and that's the end of it. I never got my way, right, classic Lafferty tools straight to the crocodile tears.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you take it for the people.
Speaker 4: I'm a team player, that's right, Yeah, team play well? Let's I'm so glad that you're here today, Daphne, because watching this episode so a little backstory. First of all, I dressed up on account of you being here. My hair is typically not done. I'm not wearing a fancy coat, but I had to come correct because you were going to.
Speaker 1: Be here and you rented a hotel room.
Speaker 4: I rented a hotel room at the Four Seasons by Holiday Inn. Rob.
Speaker 3: Have you clarified for the nice people at the hotel in town that sometimes you have to leave your home because you need a quiet place to work, not that you're having like an afternoon delight affair online.
Speaker 4: Yes. So, first of all, I almost wore a hat today and then I realized me checking on the Heels. Listener, please listen to last week's episode to understand we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about just in the backstory.
Speaker 4: I checked in last week. And it's a weird thing, right because I'm checking in for a reservation that was last night, just to be in the hotel room for a couple hours, and I made the mistake. Yes, last week, I showed up with a backpack, in a really good mood and in gym clothes, in a wedding ring and I was like, oh, it's okay. I said, you're in a reservations for last night. I said, not a problem, only going to be here a couple hours. And then I wasn't until I got to my room that I realized, Oh, they one hundred percent think I'm here to have an affair. So today I gu said I almost wore a hat, and I realized, no, that leans into that, and then I awkwardly just blurted out when he said, you know your reservation was flasting. I said, yeah, yeah, I'm only going to be here for a couple hours. And then I realized, oh, no, I'm doing it again, and he went, there's are you okay with a room with two beds? And I just went, I'm not going to be using the beds, and he just kind of looked around like oh okay, and I was like yeah, just but then I didn't say what I was here for. So I think everyone's probably just going, what what weird stuff? What's in that backpack? And what does that creep up to?
Speaker 3: If you don't get some sort of like spawn con travel Instagram campaign with the Hilton after this, I'm going to be furious.
Speaker 4: Likewise, Likewise, thank you best advert whether you're trying to have an affair or record a hit podcast. Holiday In's got you covered, feel free to use it, guys. But Daphne, I was so excited that you were here because I'm kind of rewatching the series as a first time viewer, because I after the show ended, I never rewatched it. I kind of left it on the pass, and truthfully, I've forgotten the majority of it. So I'm experiencing a lot of things for the first time, and you in this episode. This was sort of my experience with Victoria was so fun and juicy, and I in my notes before you're even on camera, you're well, well at the fashion show, I already started to smile and it just it didn't stop. Every scene you're in is so fun and good, and it's like Pavlovian. Every time I see you on screen, I lean in, like, all right.
Speaker 3: She's the definition of a scenes dealer, truly, the best way. You're so fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, but it's the lines.
Speaker 1: It's the lines you guys that well well, I mean it's off camera, is that what you mean? Well?
Speaker 4: Your line line was yeah, yeah, your will well was off and then you walked up and then you just nonchalantly said that's the winner. You know it was. Hey, listen, the writing is great, but it's not all the writing. It is, it's much part you.
Speaker 1: I feel like in this episode, I mean she always did, but this one. And thanks for using the word fun, Rob, because Victoria before this was just evil, like it was that I'm gonna like be your buzzkill and then like destroy you three times over and then leave the scene. But now it's kind of like she just tosses these little like you know, I am better than you and whatever. I feel like it's like she has to say something insulting, but she's really enjoying herself with these people fly and her daughter. She's proud and all that. But I feel like she's walking around with a little needle and just popping everyone's balloon. Like if she sees people over the corner having a good time our conversations, she just needs to walk up like yes, you know, like her little insults. And I had so much fun doing that.
Speaker 3: I loved though that because Clay is a new person, Like I wouldn't think Victoria and Clay have had a lot of overlap, but I actually loved that they volunteered Stephen as tribute and they put Chase in the normal patent because as soon as you saw him you just were like what who? And he was like, yeah, this happens every time. And the way you delivered, well until next time.
Speaker 1: It's just so.
Speaker 3: Good and like seeing her kind of poking fun, especially at all the boys, I don't know, it shows me how sort of jovial it is. Like instead of her underlying emotion being anger or frustration that she has to be in North Carolina, now she's like, well, if we're going to have a time, let's have a time. And it's so fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I love that moment with Steven and just she always has this look and this dot dot dot like why are you still standing in front of me? Well, next time, I still don't know your name. I don't want to know your name, and I don't care, but I don't care.
Speaker 4: So you know how they in job interviews sometime it's a tactic that the person doing the interviewing will Often they'll let the interviewee respond, like to ask a question, and the person will respond, and then the person running the interview will just stay silent. And what they do is they're wanting to see how the person interviewing will respond to silence. Do they awkwardly fill it in and start over sharing. It's kind of like Victoria does that, or she's just like, do you want to put your foot in your mouth anymore? Are we done?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yes, She's interviewing constantly, like she's the control seat.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I love when you think she might lose it, like Alex Duprey is the only person who might be able to insult Victoria and her saying who's the old lady? Like because she knows you're driving Millie crazy and then you were one liner on the walkout is I'll let you get back to not making movies. I gasped, like audibly gasped. It was so funny, and I was like, God, she always wins. She's so fun and.
Speaker 1: She and she I love how these like she doesn't have to think about it, you know how like real people have to think of like the one upper and I have to like, like you're talking and if I want to insult, you have to like come up with something that's never going to be good. And she's just like, I'll let you get back to not making movies. Boom, you know, I don't know your name. Well, well here we go next time. It's not just it's it's it's just you could tell she was really talented at something in her days. She's you know, and then how she uses that ability at just insulting these kids.
Speaker 4: And the way. It's a little different with Julian, where I felt like it was more playful and there's a slight warming up happening. It was a bit more layered, and I loved it. Like I said, it was very playful. I loved the banter. But then your riff on his dad and using the word lover, Yeah, it was so funny. Yes, it was. How is your father Paul? Has he taken a lover recently? And then he's gobsmacked and says, I'm sorry, what just happened? And you say, oh, sorry, I thought we were bonding. It's yes, which was so funny and then also so smart on the writing part. Shout out to John Norris that at the end of the episode, when Julian at the end of the fashion show says to Brook, I'm thinking about setting my dad up with your mom, and then you say, so sorry, what just happens?
Speaker 1: Happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the nice little role reversal.
Speaker 1: Didn't you say because she says she wants a didn't he use lover again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And just what's this happened?
Speaker 3: It's sot right, Rob.
Speaker 1: That was great writing. I thought the call back to it and the word lover is still has it ever been? Maybe the seventies? It was like, cool, but it's still to me anyway, Like who uses that word?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: My dad said it to me once about like his hopes for the level of partner I would have, and he like started listing off all the things and was like, and they should be your best friend and like a caring lover. And I was like, Dad, stop stop, stop, stop stopping, and he was like, we're adults. And I was like, maybe you're an adult, like pleasant Canadian man, but I you're still no matter how old I am, will always be your child. And I literally cannot have this conversation with you. By the way, I probably should have. You would have saved me years of years of heartache if I'd actually let my dad make his point. But here we are, we've arrived.
Speaker 1: But you know, we will always teach our parent parents had a parent. By the way, I don't I think that's just a thing, don't you, Like, I don't know, Rob, did you ever have do you have to do that with your parents? Like remind Like I'll just have to say, like, Okay, a Starbucks card is fine for a Christmas gift, but you may want to give the new baby, you know, like or my dad That's what he does constantly. Just I just feel like that's part of our job is to remind them how to parent.
Speaker 3: I know that to you, am I, But I think there's something so interesting right in that the way Julian stood up to Victoria on Brook's behalf then flipped, you know, two episodes ago or whatever it was with Brooke being able to stand up for Julian to Paul. And now there's this thing this like banned he about Victoria and Paul and something about like the right person coming into Brooks life has changed her relationship with her mom, and now it's changing Julian's relationship with his dad. And I have literally experienced the same thing in the last year, and I think it is really wild again when it's not only the person who might, because of a job or a relationship, be pushing the rock up the Hill. But like you know when your kid is in the wrong relationship, you know, when someone comes into their life and changes things for the better, like your relationship with them gets better every It's crazy to see the reverberations within a family of healthy dynamics versus unhealthy ones. And it was such a trip to watch it in this episode because I've been talking about this with my own mom so much recently, and I was like, oh my god, I think part of this cool thing that's happening in our show is that the Brook and Julian, the Brook and Julian of it all is changing, even the Brook and Victoria of it all, and it's so sweet and the fact that it's happening for us as an audience with so much razor, sharp humor, like full Chef's kiss for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So you're so what you shot all these years ago and we're just rewatching now is mirroring your life. Isn't it weird? How art does that?
Speaker 3: It is so wild.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 3: It's really wild. It's cool.
Speaker 1: So you're watching it and probably experiencing, and you're experiencing the show differently as audioly because you're going, oh, I feel that I've been through.
Speaker 3: That totally, and I was asking Rob when we started the season, you know what the what the sort of like stuff is that he has to shake out because we all have some and I've done a lot of shaking out and watching the prior six, so it's like, I don't know, it's crazy for all of us to be having these sort of mind blowing moments or reremembering things. We're realizing that something we didn't even know to be relevant then is so relevant now. Was it weird for you because you're so in the rewatch of Melrose with your coworkers to do still the place. Is it weird to be like in your Melrose bubble and then come back into the one Tree Hoe bubble? Or does it feel easy?
Speaker 1: It feels Melrose is so long ago and I was so young that it feels it's because it feels a little like I'm watching it pulled back, that my lens is pulled back, and I'm seeing it as scripts kind of what we're talking about written by writers who had a whole concept where I see the different storylines parallel each other, something about you know, last one we watched was about love, and there was like puppy love, and there's a marriage going on, and there's another people falling in love. And so I'm seeing it sort of from a writer's like an overall view.
Speaker 3: Of it, like thirty thousand feet Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So that's really cool for me because when I was there, you're just in your little your trench, working out your storyline like Ensemble does, like Clay, like Rob did with his we all did with our storylines. You don't really overlap with everybody else. So it's you're in your little highway there, you're lane. And so it's really cool to see it for entertainment value, what the writers intended and then what the audience obviously got from them. So and it's different because this is more is closer to who I am now in age, you know, so, but this is far enough away where I really enjoyed last watching seven oh four this episode, like you were describing Rob and Sophia, I just had a blast. I mean I also was touched. I mean, this was a big episode for the show. This was that fashion show. Yeah, the whole zero is not a size reveal that that was a huge thing for fans and for you know, messaging for us and our show that zero. You know, this is need for women to be so freaking tiny that there was zero for a while. I don't know, was that just fast fashion. You'd go into these stores and there was a zero. What's a zero?
Speaker 3: That's part of it, right? And there were people who got and listen, I get it. Everybody has a right to be offended by whatever they're offended by. But there were people, so many people I think were touched by the message. And then there were people who were very pissed about it. Some people were like, you don't know what it's like to be chronically underweight or whatever, and I was like, hold the phone. The importance of what we're talking about is actually the fact that a size zero did not exist until the late nineteen sixties, and when we were on the precipice of women's rights really shifting and civil rights really shifting, and we were having conversations about how more than just men, we love rob ally first, but more people than just men should have more rights in our country. I don't think it's an accident that suddenly sizes went from being numbers to the idea of zero. Zero represents nothing, and then it became this thing to strive for. And then when we were in high school, suddenly the double zero got introduced, and it was like, what are what are we doing when we think about the power of language and the power of words, like there is no size zero for men, there's only size zero for women, and it hasn't always been that way, And so for me it felt really important to say, whatever you are, be that. But what I don't want is for society to tell you that you are your most valuable when you are your most invisible. It's like all these years later, you know. One of the best selling books of the last decade is Glennon Doyle's Untamed, and she talks about how she had to come to this realization of why do we always describe mothers as being so selfless, saying they don't have a self Like we applaud mothers who martyr themselves, but like, what is that then model for your daughters? You would never want your daughter to do that? Right, And that's been one of the big conversations with me and my mom in the last few years as well. And so like this theme, whether it's about zero, or whether it's about selfless, or whether it's about these things like these things that we only put on women. It felt so important for me. And by the way, like look at Lisa Goldstein, She's the most beautiful girl, Like she has a stunning body. Like, but this idea that even someone like her, or women like any of us, have been so scared about our bodies, shamed about our bodies, felt like they weren't the right bodies, like just enough of it, enough of it, like let's really be all about each other. And so I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it too, so and everything you're saying is absolutely right. I I I, Uh, when I saw the double zeros, I was like, they don't even know math, like zero.
Speaker 4: Zero, Like it's like if you like diet coke, you're gonna love diet diet coke. Yeah, Like, guys, it's already at zero.
Speaker 3: Well, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: And and then you start thinking, like, you know, because we all when I was younger, I had those that time of trying to be skinnier, you know, and I really it's a it's refreshing now to see uh, women of all sizes I see in advertisements and out there, and it's like and I'm in life, I see you know, young girls like this, this is who I am, And I'm like, wow, that was a possibility all along. It took us a while as people, as a society, but I was like, wow, that was a possibility. Not in my time, not in the eighties or whatever, but in seventies and when I was growing up. But more, you know, it's more when you're in your teens and twenties is when you really take that off. But I just I uh, what that brought to the episode is that the humor was there. There was a lightness and a love and all the hate that you know, there was this negativity, but it was in a light way. And then there was this, you know, a real important, profound story. But even even and I like, I teared up when she pulls the thing open at the end, and I'm like, I felt like, Victoria, why am I tearing up? I've seen this a long time ago. What's the show?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But I teared up? But not to say that again, it's it's very emotionally hah sweet, very important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we've really stuck the emotional landing on that because I think it was such a a great message, especially for our show, because knowing our demographic. I think it was such. It was terrific messaging, and the way we got there was great too, because just prior to that moment backstage, who has the idea that it should be Millie. It's Alex, which is cool and clever because we've already started to see maybe a more human, softer side of Alex when she sticks up for Milly. I need to circle back then in a second. But the funniest part is that it's Alex and she says Millie should do it. But she does it while writing with makeup on the past out girl's face, and she just casually over her shoulder goes, oh, yeah, have Milly do it. And I love that she is so comfortable at you know, while just writing on this woman. She just roofed by the way I expected her to. When I saw the look on Alex's face when that model was mean to Milly, I thought, Oh, this is going to be awesome. She's going to just like give her a verbal lashing. No, she went straight to drugging her. Yeah, it was gnarly right. But then when she when she's just drawing a mustache on her face and casually goes, yeah, Millie should do it. It's like, that's perfect. She doesn't even look back over her shoulder. She's just having fun, not concerned totally.
Speaker 3: She's really playing the long game.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love that. I love the layers of that. It's not expected. I wasn't expecting. You're expecting the verbal lashing from Alex. You're expecting her to do a you know, and then it's like the drawing. What is she drawing because she's a mustache, and then it cuts to that, and then the whole thing kind of takes place, you know, and goes I know what to do, and you know, I just uh, I mean in the whole show, can we talk about the music and being.
Speaker 3: There at sating Wait before we get there, I just have to say I just scrolled down to this part and I literally have written in my notes Alex sabotaging her with Mets I don't love, but I do love that she stood up for Milli in her own way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. It's so there's something about a character like Alex, similarly to a character like Victoria, where they because they get to be outlandish, you forgive their extremity and it's fun to watch, Like if anyone did that to someone in real life, they'd go to jail. I mean one one would hope. On the show, it is quite funny. And then yeah, the backdrop of all of this happening in the most epic concert is just yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the perfect blend of she's being a good friend and she's wildly unhinged, like she she's risking killing someone just to stand up for her friend.
Speaker 1: And drawing a mustache on me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, adding insult to injury.
Speaker 3: I almost feel like, did they have her do the mustache bit to make it clear that the girl was fine? Like is that? Why? Is that why they did it? Because if she wasn't fine, obviously someone would have had to call the paramedics. But like maybe that was the way of being like, oh Alex, hah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It made me feel like Alex knows her drugs, Like she knows the dosage, she knows what it is. I didn't know what it was, but it was like, you know, she knows and I don't know. She just knows a lot about this. I feel like she's done it before when needed.
Speaker 4: She knows her goofballs. I know that about her rewinding a little bit. I noticed something on this episode, and I'm curious. I'm curious how you feel about actually two things. First of all, so if do you cringe every time on any subsequent project when a character talks to their other character, like their boyfriend or girlfriend and uses their first and last name, yes, because that, to me is it's so distinctly One Tree Hill. The amount of times I had to say I love you, Quinn James, and then the scene with you and Julian he's like, hey, Brooke Davis. Yeah, And it's that thing that ever since One Tree Hill. Any show I'm on, if there's a moment where they do the first and last I'm like, I bristle, you.
Speaker 1: Go, that's a One Tree Hill thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like, it's funny because with for some reason, I'm so used to it with Brooke, like it tracks for me most with her as a term of endearment. What's almost weirder to me is when you're working on something and yeah, someone's like supposed to be your spouse, but you keep calling them by their first name, like in scenes in your house, and it's like people don't do that. I don't know the last time I like people say honey, baby, but whatever they say, like you don't, I'm never going to walk in a room and be like Robert, use me, Like what is that? It's so weird. So the first, the first and last name together almost tracks more for me than just the first name repeated ad nauseum in a script. I don't know. Maybe that was my coping mechanism.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting because it is a very uh I can see doing it. I can see it being kind of if you do it right at the right time, this like in your face sexy thing. Like I'm saying, it's on purpose, on purpose, you know, Eluckley it was.
Speaker 3: You can see it. But I saw Daphne make that face and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, but to do it all the time kind of kills the power of it, right.
Speaker 4: That's it. It's that everyone does it all the time because I agree with you it is effective, it's playful or if it's like seductive, except when it's and you're using it liberally all over the place, it's like, well, okay, now it's just a weird tick. The other take I had, so again, I watching this sort of as a first time viewer because my experience of Clay and Quinn was as the actor doing it, so I had sort of backstory and lots of other things going on. But now I'm watching it for the first time at a distance. I walked away from last night's episode or yesterday this this episode seven oh four, saying, this show is so lucky that we got Chantelle to be Quinn, because in the hands of a different actor, I think Quinn could have been far less likable and less successful, because I look at the lines they have her saying, and it kind of culminated in this episode specifically because she's very vague in terms of her like why it's not working with her husband. She's very cold and detached, and the problem is when you pair that with a scene partner and Scott wholeroid, who is open and sweet and sincere and so vulnerable. It's so vulnerable it really shines a light on why aren't you leaning in? Why aren't you being warm? And I think the only reason it didn't stand out more as a testament to Chantelle and really just playing it as earnestly as she could, because I mean that scene where they finally sit down together and he's just like, oh, I make this work. And she's like, no, I'm out, Like it was one of those moments as an actor I went, oh, wow, you don't realize it watching this, but if someone just came in and played these words, there is a huge chance that this character just doesn't seem very kind because this is your husband. This isn't the guy you went on two dates with, you know, And can we do anything? No, you should let me go, you know. And it's like ooh, And then the cherry on the on the insult Sunday is first of all, Clay punching David. I completely forgot about and is it David, Yes, David, which was a bummer and like, come on, Clay, but whatever. Fine, But then after she has her last talk with him, when he's really truly heartbroken at the end of the fashion show, she gets up and walks over to Clay's car in a view directly in front of her husband and gets in and drives away with him. Yeah. The optics couldn't be worse. Yeah, So the fact that the audience didn't turn on Quinn is entirely a testament to Chantell. That's my hot take.
Speaker 3: I also think, like we've been so frustrated about how vague what she says is for the last few episodes, but in a way it almost finally worked for me this week because I went, oh, she's clearly been going through this sadness. She has suffered the death of this relationship, and once she knew it was dead, she left. He is only realizing that for her it's dead now. That to me is such an indicator of two people who do not speak the same language. And I sort of loved that she got to say, like, I'm just done, Like I've waited for so long, it's not going to be different. I want more than this or something else than this, like that thing. And I think that's actually so universal. Do you have the courage to say this just isn't it? And I don't want to. I don't want to suffer it longer than I have, Like I know there's no coming back from this. And in a weird way, it being so vague and seeing how sort of spun out he was, I was like, Oh, these people have not been speaking the same language for such a long time, and when that moment could have been so cringe in a way, and it was what you said that sold it for me. You said, if you do this, I'll never forgive you. And she said, just drive and I was like, oh, that's what she wants. She wants to put the nail on the coffin. Wow. And to be so committed to the idea of an unknown future where you could be happier than like staying in the thing that's been killing you a little bit every day. I was like, girl, go that's a low blow, but like, if it's the way, you got to do it. On the way out the door, like can do it? Go be free. I don't know. I finally feel like I got the whole thing that for the last couple episodes as a viewer, I've been like, why are they telling me more? This episode it clicked for me.
Speaker 1: What is there an actual reason I haven't practiced the last few before this? Is there a reason written in the script? Did something happened that she's unhappy with this?
Speaker 4: It's more because Haley has asked her about it, you know, and she just sort of says, you know, because Haley says people have the right to change, and she's like, yeah, people have the right to not change as well, you know. And at the start of this episode, they're shopping in the grocery store, and Haley says, referring to a serial. She says to Quinn, Oh, look here, it has everything you need. And then Quinn says, just because it has everything you need doesn't mean it has everything you want.
Speaker 1: She's talking about her husband and her marriage.
Speaker 4: Yes, so we're not really getting anything specific, just the sort of the generality of Okay, it's just it's it has shifted, things have changed. It's not working for her anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what stood out to me kind of And we talked about this. If I think maybe two episodes ago, I think the writers could have given her a much better story. But Quinn tells Haley this story about like a night out she had and how David didn't go and it was so special and she essentially realized she didn't miss him at all. And it really I told them then, like it reminded me of Brooks sort of having to learn her power, how to learn to take her power back. Really when she went through the whole thing with Lucas where she was like, well, you didn't miss me, so eventually I stopped missing you. I thought it was like, while not done in a very good package, I did think there was a little easter egg in it of like these big sort of tent pole things we've dealt with on the show. And so I think the way I've been sort of tracking it is that she's been trying to explain that they've just grown so far apart that like they don't even really at least she doesn't miss him or like even remember him sometimes. And I don't know, I think that I think that sort of death that can happen in a relationship that doesn't come from a scandal or a love triangle or someone driving a limo off a bridge or all the other crazy shit we've done. Like, I think part of the reason I like it so much, I'm enjoying watching it so much now is I'm like, oh, that's just so much more real for most of what I've seen, Like I don't I don't know a lot of people who have a ton of scandal in their life, but I know a lot of people who like hit the end of the road and then had to start over.
Speaker 1: I think to your point, Rob, it was her vulnerability that she was feeling such pain with that, like you're saying, and you feel even more pain and confusion, and if there was not a thing, if there wasn't an event, there wasn't a betrayal, if there wasn't an outright thing, and you're just feeling like, oh my god, I'm not in love anymore. Oh my god, this is you know. But that's why I saw her vulnerability. I didn't know their backs well, but I did see that softness that, you know, she could have played it harder, and people like try to get that point across in tough ways, you know they'll be a jerk.
Speaker 4: Exactly. It's one of those ones. The words are already harsh enough, and so it's it's it's the smarter choice to do what she did, which is too lean into the vulnerability and the pain behind the words, where it's like I know I'm hurting you, and this sucks and it hurts, as opposed to that's what I'm saying. In the hands, I think of a of a lesser actor that could have easily been just totally real and cold and one note, and it would have set the character up to your why are we going to root for her? You know? Whereas instead we're seeing what's great is we're setting this runway up of she has baggage and it's coming out of the thick of it. Clay we're about to find out has baggage, and so it's nice because it's not like, here are two new characters and they're about to fall in love and instead it's like, here are these two new characters who are a mess right now, and they're gonna get messy together, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And it's nice that their relationship starts in that almost it's not like sibling energy, but you know what I mean, Like it's playful. It's you know, the Hayley's sister and Nathan's agent, and like she teases you about women and get you make her drink horrible drink. Like there's there's like a juvenile humor to it that I think gives us as an audience a little something new. It's not like Nathan and Haley Boom, they're in love forever. Peyton and lucas big endgame story. Like it's nice to have something new and innocent and silly, especially because, as you just said, both of these characters have this heavy baggage. And even though we don't know about Clay's yet, we know there's something brewing in him that keeps him you know, holding most people at arm's length. And you're right, I think it's such. It was just such a great instinct that Chantal had to lean into. How absolutely hard it is to hurt someone that you have loved, even if you have to do it to save your own life, Like, it's hard. It's hard when someone isn't ready and you see the writing on the wall, you know the thing is dead. You know, oh it has to be buried, and the person is not ready to bury it, Like, oh, that's so heavy. And if she had tried to mask that sadness, it would have felt cold. And instead it's like I may not understand everything going on with this woman, by I know how that feels, and it is so relatable.
Speaker 4: This is a reference I'm sure twenty percent at best of our audience is going to get. But have you ever seen the film Harry and the Hendersons. Yes, John Lithgow in The Bigfoot. Everything we're talking favorite movies? Okay, great. It reminds me of the ending when John Lyftgo's character realize, we love this guy and he's a part of our family, but this isn't the life he should have. He needs to be out of nature and so he takes him out of the forest, and of course the Bigfoot's like, I love now, We're good, I love you or my friend, and so John left goats to put on his face where he's like, don't you see we don't love you. I don't get out of here, Get out of here. And Bigfoot's hurt and like what the hell just happened? And so he sort of saunters off into the forest and the lift go turned to camera and he starts crying and it's like, oh, that hurt him too, but he knew it's what had to be done. What I'm saying is Sean Tella is John lyth Go and Scott Holroyd is Bigfoot. David's a bigfoot. But one thing I like that that they also did with Clay Quinn is that she sees him yeah, and when she calls him on it, he's honest. So right from the jump there's sort of a bit of it's like we're they already start cutting to it. She's like, is this who you are? A different girl every night? And he's like sometimes, you know. And so I like that there's already sort of like an access point for them to start to see each other and get to know each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the way you have played Clay because I can tell there's something going on. But you bring such strength to the relationships with the people you love, like the way you stand up for Nathan, and even watching you play that scene with Jana where you turn Alex down, I was like, Oh, I can't wait to get into the gears of this. Did you know in seven o four that things would start to be revealed for you soon? Or were you just week by week figuring it out and trying to make interesting choices.
Speaker 4: By seven oh four, I might have started to be filled in on that he Obviously not a lot of the endgame stuff of Clay No, no, no, that didn't come until it actually came, the sharky stuff. But this stuff, I think they may have already been in my ear a bit because I don't recall when it happens. But when we find out what happened to him, I don't know if I knew at this point not but obviously from the text that I had or from the dialogue I had, I knew this guy had some pain and was running from something big. But I don't know if I knew it it was his h what we're going to find out? It was.
Speaker 3: It's nice. I feel like I can I can see it brewing.
Speaker 4: I love that Klanquin bonded over brain blasters. Everything Steven did I thought was great. His first scene with you, Daphne was so damn funny. You just roasted him, and the way he just took it was beautiful. And then all his stuff at the bar, He's just delightful. He's just fun and light Mouth being a real good friend. I mean, the only thing I bumped on was after he's live on air and he refuses to read the story. When he goes to walk away, he walks past his boss, and his boss goes, yeah, just keep walking McFadden, you're off the air, And I just laughed, going, are they in high school? What kind of grown up? It felt like a locker room talk, you know, It's like, that's not how a boss. I just can't fucking what would you expect him to do? But I thought, wow, Mouth really is sort of showing his true character by it kind of jeopardizing his professional career for his buddy and his belief in his buddy's innocence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and I loved that he said, because there is such a difference between tabloids, which will print anything anyway, and real news. And I love that he said, no, if it's in those magazines, it's not serious. If we report on it, it becomes serious, right, And he knows the difference, and I think, I don't know. It felt really refreshing because we live in this really weird world of nobody feels like they know anything anymore, and it's nice to be reminded that there are actually guardrails and boundaries and trusted news sources versus not. And it was such a simple thing to say, but it communicated so much. And then when he stood up for Nathan live on the air, as you said, it made me think about what Nathan was telling Jamie when Jamie's asking, you know, Dad, why would someone lie about something like this? And he talks about how sometimes people forget the difference between right and wrong and they take advantage of good people when they do. And we got this button with mouth looking at that picture and saying nope, And I was like, Marvin McFadden knows what's right, and it just like you know, Nathan and Jamie were in the scene, but it buttoned that whole thing up for me in a way that I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it's such a good example.
Speaker 4: Maybe want to sob Yeah, and it's great that we have characters like Mouth, who in this episode is so grounded and small, like he's just he's steady, whereas you know, they weren't the fashion show. We have Alex stuff, and we have you know, there's all these things out and then his storyline is just no, my friend told me he didn't. I don't buy this not doing it, yeah, you know, and it's like there's no hysterics, it's just a calm no.
Speaker 1: I mean I think of Lee that way.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, you guys, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know, Rob, you guys had nights of partying out there and he you know, used to do his thing when he was younger. But I think of Lee that way, and I think of Mouth that way, you know. And yeah, I'm sure as writers they have to come up with someone who's going to be the you know, the right and wrong character, So craziness can have something to yeah, be in contrast to yeah, relief in this kind and these kinds of stories, you know, especially that story where we all with the tabloid stuff. It's just so evil and viral and just such a violations constantly, and they can say whatever they want. When it's in print, people believe it. I don't care what it is. It's so crazy people believe anything like Bigfoot. You know, you're talking about Harry and Henderson's but so he didn't have a choice. He knew right and wrong if he said it. If you put it on, it's like, people believe it. If it comes out of your mouth, out of mouth's mouth as a news aker, you believe it. Yeah, And I've seen It's funny because recently I've experienced I saw something that was released into the press about Melrose's place, and it was a leak, and then I saw it go viral, and every time it appeared somewhere else, from Deadline to Hollywood Reporter to Entertainment to USA Today to then the Today Show is coming out of people's mouth. I'm like, that's not true. Like, you know, I saw things when I was younger, and you know, whatever, I was in the press a little bit more. But this was like kind of an eye opener because think about it. People just grab something off the internet and then whoever they have to change a word, just change a word, and you're like, like, you know, in production, in development and in production are two completely different things, you know. So I just saw that, and this point that you're bringing up about this part in this story of this episode where he refuses to make news of this tabloid story is just I really, you know, obviously so important, but I just really related it to it from recently, from going from online things where people need news to coming out of anchored on the Today Show or Good Morning America for two days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have to be careful everything you read and everything you hear. You have to just especially these days, as you said, so right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so crazy. And I think listen, while they've gotten even wilder about what they're willing to print evidence be damned, Like things just don't even get fact checked.
Speaker 1: Anymore because they know they can get away well.
Speaker 3: They want it, They want out all the clickbait they can get because that's how they're all making money. But it's like it's really crazy to me too, to your point, how some people have also figured out how to like make suggestions without fully saying something, because if they fully said something that was a lie, they'd be sued for defamation. But if they suggest something and then say, oh, that's not really what I meant. I was just talking about my experience or whatever. Like people who want to manipulate are said to know how to use these very manipulative outlets to do so. And I think it was really interesting because on the one hand, knowing that I'm watching this whole storyline going wow, this like is sort of evergreen, and then on the other hand, I feel really icky about it for the same reasons that you brought up about why it's hard to rewatch Melrose, Because I was like, Oh, anytime we want a storyline for a woman, she has to get heart she has to get her heart broken, get cheated on, or get attacked. But to have a storyline for a guy, a woman has to lie about having had an affair with him. And like, it's like that classic evil Harlot, you know, woman up to no good thing, which we know actually happens so much more rarely than terrible things happen to women. And part of me couldn't help but be like, God, this story's very evergreen in certain ways because of how people will use the media and whatever and then on the flip side, I was like, I have this icky, icky feeling because are we is this just more of our boss being our boss wanting to be like women are just evil and they're temptresses and they're you know, all these crazy things. Like I found that it was hard for me to watch without being suspicious of the motivations in the writer's room, and that is that's hard for me. But it's like once you know the way people wield their power, you know, And so I don't know, it's interesting that you're talking about that being part of what you're experiencing rewatching your show, because I catch myself sometimes being like is this a story because it's a good story or is it a storyline because they were taking a potshot at somebody? And like I justugh, I don't know. I wish I could like scrub my brain and just watch it and not be suspicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, One Tree Hill's tricky too, because we obviously know sort of like the backstory. It's it's tricky to watch something. Was it was it that? Was it the higher up? Or was it the fact that we were a teenage soap opera during that time period on a network known for beautiful people, you know. So it's like, oh boy, which one was it? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's the thing you never.
Speaker 1: Know, you don't. And but to that point, it's also listen, change is slow, real change is slow. And most writer rooms, writing rooms are mostly men, and you know they've got to come up with something here, Well, what's the threat? And it's kind of what, like I said, it's already in the zeitgeist. It's already sort of just drama, and and it's relatable because of the tabloids. So uh, it's kind of just I don't know, it's just there. It's kind of just safe, easy drama in a way, you know what I mean. The story, as you've said, that's been done over and over.
Speaker 3: Well, and to your point, if it is just about needing good drama, an easy story, it also really works with our hero couple of seven seasons, like what's going to come in and mess up Nathan and Haley? Like this is a pretty good in Yeah, and the fact that I think there's actually something so cool. I can't let us finish without talking about how great Joy is in this episode, My God, and the way that she plays the anger and frustration about the situation, not the anger at Nathan shows what an amazing team they are, Like, I think the goal in a relationship is always to be like, hey, it's you and me. We're teammates, and the problem is on the other side of the net, Like it's us against the problem. And that was a dynamic that they didn't name, but that I saw represented in their relationship and all the scenes in this episode so well. And I don't know, I loved that, and so part of me is like I don't want to wonder. I don't want to have all the like icky inside baseball like suspicions that I have, because I also sort of love who I get to see these people be, including Haley with a mean right hook at the end of the episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, she was good in that scene. The look in her eyes.
Speaker 1: We got two punches in that one episode.
Speaker 4: That's right. And I'm just gonna say it, I think hers was better. I think I was gonna say it Rob, but let's say let's name it Daphne. This is a brave get brave here on this podcast. She threw the better punch.
Speaker 1: She threw a better punch. But you're number two. You were second you know.
Speaker 4: Silver still a metal baby to two things. So first of all, how about Joy with bangs?
Speaker 3: Bangs looked great nowhere loved it.
Speaker 4: But and Daphanie, you might not know this one because you didn't see seven oh three and seven out two. But so did Joy's hair get redder in this episode?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: It did? Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, it was like, oh, who knew I'd be watching Haley as a redhead whilst a redhead myself?
Speaker 1: Was that a fashion show? Because I noticed that totally at it was that just because we're doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she like changed her hair.
Speaker 4: I think I noticed the color though all episode, but it really popped in the lighting of the fashion show. But it was funny because I had thought, oh, I got to circle back and ask so how she's liking red hair? And then I sat down to watch the episode and went, is is Joy's hair red?
Speaker 1: Maybe everyone's loving the red hair?
Speaker 3: Listen, it's really a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I recommend for all you're.
Speaker 4: Up next, rob Listen, I'll do it. I had I had a moment after I finished my last show where I have I've always wanted to dye my hair, and I thought I'm going to do it. I'm just going to do it. It was like summertime and this she was slow, and first off, I had read my hair. I went, I went, I wanted to go white, like white white, and when you have dark brown hair like mine, that's a nightmare. And I went to a guy who wasn't good scalp burns. It was terrible. They just they ended up comping my entire thing because it was traumatic, but it was fun. But here's what I didn't realize how much upkeep goes into coloring your hair. Like I'm glad I did it once, but especially having dark hair and going lighter, you realize the window, how small the window is a time or a week, you get a week of enjoying it. Ye. So but yeah, Red is next. Should we do a listener question?
Speaker 3: I think we should. We've got a question from Rachel. There are so many memorable quotes from the show. If you could choose one quote that you feel represents your personal life philosophy, what would it be? Oh my god, that is a big question. I just like, I was like, is the question going to be what's your character's best zinger?
Speaker 4: No, damn it, I'm going to buy you a small amount of time because I have one locked and loaded for this okay, because I initially thought, okay, wait, am I going to go deep with it? And then again, I remember so little of the show that there's a very little liking quote at this point. However, I would say the quote for me is I could eat the butt off a skunk? Yeah, from alex an episode or two ago. Because I tell you how many times a day I talk about being hungry wanting to eat. What if we're going to a restaurant, I want to look at the menu ahead of time. Yep. Food is a huge part of my life. So I think that one kind of if any moment you said how you doing, could you eat the butt off a skunk? I'd go, yeah, yes, probably good? Actually fits Wow, I like it daft?
Speaker 3: Do you have anything percolating?
Speaker 1: You know? I mean, Victoria has so many good ones. I can'ts hit their life mottos though, or philosophies. But uh, well, until next time, that's pretty nice, you know, I just until next time? There, you know what I have to say. Lately, there's been a lot of times when I've just wanted to go get out of my freaking face. You know, not to not to an actual person, but just the ishue you and everything you represent and what you're bringing into me just so uh and do it with a smile. So I think that's useful. I wouldn't say it's a life of love, but I think that I think that we should all lean into the polite, nice little way of saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah enough, oh man. I I don't know. The one I think that comes to mind immediately is because it's one of the ones I get asked to sign the most at our conventions. But Brook has a whole speech about how there will be a day when you realize you're not just a survivor or a warrior. And for some reason, that theme of how people can take their power back has really been so present in so many conversations in so many places, in spaces I've been in recently, and so I guess there's a little bit of that, like giving the positivity and the power and credit to yourself for the life you've lived so far. Instead of saying like, oh, I've been through all of this, it's like, yeah, and I've nailed it. No matter how hard it was, I did it, and I'm here and I love that I really like the idea that you don't have to be bummed or shamed, you can be proud. I think that's sort of great. It feels like it for me in this moment.
Speaker 1: I love that it's a good one, that seems good.
Speaker 4: Daphne, thank you for joining us. It was so good to see you, friend the best.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: We tell everybody because obviously you're the best at podcasting. Where we can find yours, where people can listen, how much is available to listen, to give us, give us the rundown of all things. Still the Place for our listeners.
Speaker 1: So it's called still the Place because our show back in the nineties was Melrose Place, and it comes out every Monday. There's a new episode. We have four up already. It's produced by iHeart and it's available anywhere though you know where they say you can get wherever you can get podcasts, and it's Courtney Thorn Smith and Laura and myself. We're starting from the very beginning and we will be rewatching all of them, and so we hope people can watch Meloe's Place. You can do it on Paramount or Amazon and come and watch us with all the behind the scenes and you know, we talked about all of our audition processes and how and then you know what it was like coming on the show. And Courtney has so many great memories and it's a whole other era the nineties. If you want just an escape, you know, to just enjoy what we wore alone in the nineties. I have the hairspray that that required.
Speaker 3: Also, I have to say, like the excitement percolating in my friend group. My girlfriend Sam from college and one of my best friends, Jamie from right after college. The three of us for the longest time lived in an apartment building off of Melrose Place, and we were just and this was like before you and I had started working together, and we were like, it's Melrose Place, like the new class. We kept joking about it, and then when you came on One Tree Hill, like my friends like died and so I don't know this, this feels very very fun for us. None of us lives there anymore, but oh my god, it was a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool. We still hear that, like people. I really love it because we did wait all these years, thirty years and as I said, it just sort of happened spontaneously. But it's long enough ago that people can, like you smile when you talk about that. It's a memory, it's a you know, a nostalgia too because it's an era and peoples when they were young in college or just after college. So it's really fun. But I love it. Come back on and to with you too, and this has been great. You guys are thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for joining us. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you and friends.
Speaker 3: Will see you all next week for season seven episode so drive your cheating heart. Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 1: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl Drama Girl all about them high school Queens.
Speaker 1: We'll take you for a ride at our comic Girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 3: Drama Queens, traylease my girl up Girl Fashion with your tough girl.
Speaker 2: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens Drama, Queens Drama Drama, Queens Drama, Queens