Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinners Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses, Malone, what's in and y'all, what's the deal man? Weekend Monday, We're back here at noon, No Sentners Live. I know it's a little early, and we don't get all of the you know, the riff raft that come after, you know, everybody get off work and now they you know, they finally tired of being ignored at their job by the rest of the uh, by the rest of their coworkers. So this is this time, this time period is a real special group of people. This time, this time group is a real special group of people. I tell you that much. Uh oh, let me fix this.
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 3: Uh uh it was perfect before, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Okay yeah yeah, yeah, yeah ah, I like that. I don't know about that right there? Yeah, really, what's happening. I'm fixing it. I'm fixing it. Chill out, I'm fixing I'm just fixing it, fixing it. Okay, three right here, boom three.
Speaker 3: Boom, there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a special group of people that that come. This is the lunch hour, you feel me? This the lunch hour what's what's.
Speaker 2: Having, big bro? What's love to the dew rocks? Man? Washed up with it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend, big bro?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: It was cool?
Speaker 3: It was you know what. I can't complain about it. Man, we were here, we live. It was cool.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a bad weekend and always seemed like you go quick and I never really you know what, you know what, I figured it out, man. Everybody got their own schedule. You want to talk about as far as the family though, you know? And what's funny? What kills me? It's my daughter has a dog right now, but the dog is always with me and her thing is just put him in the backyard. Put her in the backyard and it's one hundred degrees outside. What was gonna kill the dog? Throw the dog back in eat? I can't do that, you feel what I'm saying. So it's like I always wandered with it, so all might would start seeing it's my dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah I said that long time ago, that's your dog, and you kind of got mad at me and cuts me out.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, had I had the choice of getting it, Don't get me wrong, Gee, I like dogs, but I wouldn't have got a dog right now because I don't have time for it. I don't have really time to take care of a dog, and not the way it should be. A dog is a committment, especially in their younger years.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you also baby your dog a little so.
Speaker 4: No, not really. You just got to take care of him. I know you think that. Like see, you used to them dogs from back in the day that you just put outside all day and time on the rope to the side of so no, they in there. You got to feed them, You got all kinds of stuff. They just they just a lot. And I would prefer not to be taking care.
Speaker 3: Of a dog right now.
Speaker 2: You're just a moody person. Pete. How was your weekend?
Speaker 5: It was cool, It's my usual. Didn't didn't lose any sports bets on Saturday, so that was a rare positive.
Speaker 1: MM shout out to Garrett. Garrett said he on that New Mexico. He on that rig from New Mexico head the Texas. I appreciate you checking in with his man.
Speaker 5: He on the forty or the ten.
Speaker 2: You're in the forty at the ten.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Shout out to everybody who do make these no seilllings lives my brother Frank was having brody washed up. Shout out to everybody who makes these lives at noon the clock with a special group of people. You know what I'm saying, Because we ain't the man, don't control us. We're doing our thing in the middle of the day.
Speaker 5: I like the New Mexico, so either of both major interstates through New Mexico. That is the most desolate, empty stretch of highway. It's so it's just like peaceful. There is a shit, there's about four incres of Albuquerque and dirt.
Speaker 3: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, what's happening? He said? He on a forty pet my boy on Love It, Love It.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna do when I get done with podcasts. I'm gonna get me a truck man.
Speaker 4: I would much rather be my myself on a big rig somewhere is all across the country.
Speaker 5: Man, an dedicated route from like Miami to California. I would just run it three freeways, just ninety five ten five.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine just being in the cab and your truck man, just being by yourself, listening to music and just rolling.
Speaker 5: If I can set this up, I'd just be potting Live twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: It's by yourself person still, big brother, I would love to be by you know what I mean. I think it's a certain piece to driving by yourself.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, but you don't strike me as a by yourself person that much.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of by yourself turn. No, not really. Shout out to the homeboy being friend.
Speaker 4: I suspect you know what do I love bab Probably because you know my stepdad is a truck driver. Man. Truck drivers man make the country go around. They really run. We really depend on them man to get all the goods we got. You know, without them, we'd get in some trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, resent PC to your wife, Garrett Man, that was cool. She used to ride with you because I don't know if most women, you know, I always respect them wise that would ride with their truck or husbands. That's they really love you if they're gonna ride with you, because that's a real commitment to that role. But really, if you think somebody love you, that would be the best place. Shout out to Kimmy's closet was good. I mean, we're up in here about to talk about this halftime show for the Super Bowl. One of the greatest things that happen to a West Coast artist, to the West Coast hip hop movement period. My boy Kado was picked to perform at the super Bowl twenty twenty five in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: You think he brings Someboddy up with him, You think he gonna do anohing pop up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he'll make the super Bowl as entertaining as it needs to be.
Speaker 3: You know what, You think his album would be out by then?
Speaker 2: I hope so I would like for that to happen.
Speaker 4: As Jamins that they not like this song, I don't want to hear that at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to hear that at the super Bowl. Three.
Speaker 3: I've heard that enough. Man, I've heard they not liked us.
Speaker 2: You should never say that, matter of fact, take that back publicly.
Speaker 3: I love I love the song, but I think.
Speaker 2: But say you love this and all, You're not Finna in my.
Speaker 3: Head the whole time.
Speaker 2: You just say you didn't want to hear thriller when Michael Jackson was there.
Speaker 3: I just get that in my head.
Speaker 2: So I'm not hating.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it did.
Speaker 2: But that's a big thriller. You are thriller one hundred million times.
Speaker 1: You ain't never one time in your life saw Michael Jackson before and said, you don't want to hear thriller now, all of a sudden, you don't want to hear the Homy song.
Speaker 3: You know what? I just think he could have some new music by then.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hear Michael Jackson's new music when he did.
Speaker 5: The super Bowl works. The super Bowl is not a place to showcase new music. It's a place to showcase the most tired, overplayed song in your catalog because it's the most common.
Speaker 1: Yes, you want to hear like us three times? I wanted not like us three times. Shout was big though dog, shout out the karma pharmacist boy NIGGI Minajen Birdman tweaking on Twitter right now. I've been seeing the rebellious part of the conversation. I've been seeing the rebellious part of the conversation. The super Bowl is in New Orleans, and people like, well you in New Orleans, you should have Lil Wayne performed. And Lil Wayne is very much you know worthy. Lil Wayne is top three most famous rappers to ever make rap music.
Speaker 2: He is that type of act.
Speaker 1: Little Wayne is such a special, phenomenal talent. He is by far one of the greatest five rappers to ever live.
Speaker 2: No question.
Speaker 1: But this is the part of the business that I hate that hip hop got involved in hip hop and in Super Bowl because before we would have never thought that. Before last year, we wouldn't even care because we didn't care about that part of the business, so we didn't deal with it. But now that hip hop has made an entrance, you know a year ago, I mean, people are losing their mind, right, And what's happening is is Shenanigans. You don't need a hometown act to sell out the super Bowl. It's the Super Bowl. I'm sure somewhere along the line the business didn't work out, you know what I'm saying. That's that's simple as that the business worked out better for an artist or whatever it was. That's that's simple as that this whole Shenanigans that they are not.
Speaker 2: Choosing little way ain't because of Drake.
Speaker 1: No, what's driving this whole outraged, fake outrage conversation is don't know, real Drake fan want to hear not like us on national television on the biggest stage that the world has.
Speaker 2: At a single moment.
Speaker 4: I don't think it has nothing to do with Drake at all, because you notice who haven't said nothing. Lil Wayne ain't saying nothing because stuff like this don't define his story career. I don't think he give it THEMN.
Speaker 5: I think I mean last year they said a precedent because that's how they promoted the ship last year. So if last year was about the hometown hip hop cultural thing for LA, you can't go to the next town and run the same fucking thing. And now now you're redefining the whole thing because they because they set it up like that last year.
Speaker 2: Well when you think about that was at last year, that was a year ago.
Speaker 5: Whatever, close years ago whatever. First of all, last year two years of same shit.
Speaker 4: I don't think Wayne give it. And just because the super Bowl is in New Orleans don't mean now. I can see if they knew the Saints was playing or whatever. And even again, I don't think they give a damn. And who's to say because me and you both know that that Wayne is probably one of DUTs major influences. So he might plan on bringing them up like we don't know what's go happen.
Speaker 2: I would bet yeah.
Speaker 1: I would bet that probably would happen, right, But again, what's driving this conversation is the Drake fandom. I'm telling you people talking about what Mason Cam saying. Mason Cam was saying, Drake is winning the battle, like the same people like if I'm Nicki Minaj, I don't want to hear Kendrick up on that stage singing that my homeboy is a pdfil, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to hear that.
Speaker 1: If I'm Birdman, I definitely kind of want to side with my artists. But in reality, this has nothing to do with Shade. I've heard all kind of ridiculous shit.
Speaker 2: Jay Z j z Oh jay Z jay z Oh jay Z has a problem with Wayne.
Speaker 1: He has a problem with Drake, so he don't want them to get the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Look, blah blah blah, all this whining.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that if I'm if I'm not mistaken, Bro hasn't Hole looked out for Wayne before? Don't they got a great relationship? Like, I don't know what hell these people be talking about. I don't think it's like that.
Speaker 5: Don't by the NFL.
Speaker 4: I just think that Kendrick is the hottest dude in the game, right, and that's what they said.
Speaker 3: They was on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they came across a couple of people and made a choice. Shout out to Magniff, my little brother, Magniff Karma pharmacists. They think it's an Illuminati conspiracy to take down Drake, like Drake ain't the Illuminati.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest part.
Speaker 5: To experiments to prop up Drake's career and the deseminization of of American men.
Speaker 3: Do you trust me and believe when I say this?
Speaker 4: And videos are they don't give a damn with no rep niggas got to talk about men.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're tripping off no rappers, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know it's an Illuminati thing. Here's how the Illuminati works, and you can see it right now in the presidential campaign.
Speaker 2: And you can trust Pee because he's white.
Speaker 5: It's grab a black person, throw him out there and throw a party because you found a black person to throw out there. Then fuck over black people behind their back while they're having a party about how you put a black person out there so that they can celebrate about That's how the Illuminati game plan runs.
Speaker 2: That's so how would the Illuminati had did this?
Speaker 1: If the Illuminati was controlling this.
Speaker 5: Just like this, just like this here here, here it is. You take Kamala proper out there and they go, yeah, we do presidential Canada and the yank all their ship from behind their back. And what's gonna happen? I don't know. Two weeks prior to the super Bowl, they're gonna inaugurator everyone yay. Oh we got Kendrick in the super Bowl, yay. And what's gonna happen. Fifty executive orders are gonna get signed during halftime, and forty nine of them are gonna fuck you guys out of your money while you're all happy about commelin Kendrick. That's the Illuminati game plan.
Speaker 2: And you know Pete would know.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know. I think people just take.
Speaker 5: The media and the media said is gonna do what the media cycle is going to talk about the super Bowl like hell for a week and not talk about fifty executive orders like hell for a week.
Speaker 4: And what is what is done is saying what is bird is saying, y'all go put some respect on my son's name. Junior super Bowl, my lug like that Juniors should be at that Super Bowl. My luck not playing glasses. Put some respect on my name. I saw you nigga my podcast talking about me, yea, but I.
Speaker 1: Kick you out there. Put out the stream, bro, stop playing with my nigga. Bro, don't play with my don't play with.
Speaker 5: My shoot A text to Kendrick, I have one request.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you gonna kick me off behind bird? Yes, I will put some respect on Bird's name.
Speaker 2: All right, keep playing boot your ass.
Speaker 4: I want you behind behind behind.
Speaker 1: Man, yes, because you can't be I'm tired of I don't know in which world do people not understand my allegiance to Stunner.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's like I said, if Stunner was talking about you, I kicked stunt out through them. They don't say nothing about I.
Speaker 4: Didn't say nothing about my homie and all that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't do that. First off you you are.
Speaker 5: On a roller. He's almost been thrown off.
Speaker 3: You love bird man, I love strike.
Speaker 2: To because you won't strike to.
Speaker 1: Strike one was talking about thank you commercial break the first one is not like us. You was hating on not like us. That was the first fucking ship. I let you get that off. You ain't never saw Michael. You did not watch the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Black man.
Speaker 1: I don't want even to perform thriller. If he get up there and perform thriller, I'm gonna cut my TV off. You ain't never said that in your life, but all of a sudden, you hating on the homie because he got his own thriller.
Speaker 4: No, you know what, he actually got songs. I'm like more than that. I love you know, I'm a fan. I'm a k Off fanetic. You know, dude, that's you, you know, actual silence before so long hair.
Speaker 2: I know he did it exactly with my boy name.
Speaker 5: Ain't he's he's trying to roast him up a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for you know that, you wouldn't say it. Slander and no ceilings. There's no Little Wayne slandering, no selings. There's no Kendrick slander and no cilings. And there's no stunning Man slander and no ceilings.
Speaker 5: There's probably also no Snoop slander.
Speaker 2: And slander, yes, no dog slander, no sinners needed. Can you get up?
Speaker 5: Can you get Wayne and Bird paintings also in the studio, just so that we can have the whole list immortalized on the walls in the studio, so we know. If you aren't sure who's off limits, just check the walls.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you. I make sure I put that down. Slander the homie.
Speaker 5: In my one request on on the Kendrick deal, I hope that there's no DJ to music. I want the whole music background to be the Southern band.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 5: That would be hardest.
Speaker 2: I'm playing music on our live stream, man.
Speaker 5: The podcast.
Speaker 3: This is all I seen. It was.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, I'm telling you you you finished? You finished South like thought you were playing yourself. Stop playing with my boy. Damn.
Speaker 1: I just got a crazy clip Jan Thug and barrd Man the cues and conspire, Man, I'm not getting in that anyway.
Speaker 5: Conspiring to what if you said, conspired to Killer Tomy Kwan or some stupid ass ship. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 2: Rat Ray, rat Youerr Ray? Is that ratcher?
Speaker 5: Ray?
Speaker 1: How about have a debate without slander they can be. I agree with you, Ray, That's what.
Speaker 4: I think gonna happen. I think she got it right. I think Doc gonna bring them little Wayne up. See y'all, what they don't understand is all these people first off killing me talking about these people like they know them personally or something. If you know, if you really know, Doc loves little Wayne. That was one of his major influences, major influences. So he might just bring him out because he is. You know, everybody is talking about this except for Wayne. I don't even think Bird is tripping off of him.
Speaker 1: Well, Barr tweeted something said, Hayton, but look, I don't think it's nothing wrong for Wayne's for all of us, even as Wayne family and Wayne's people, to rally around Wayne. You know, it's nothing wrong with that for them not choosing Wayne. But again, there's no conspiracy for it not to be Wayne. Like that just don't make sense. And this is another thing. Shout out to my knees DJNA. They're mad at jay Z, not Kendrick. And that's kind of what it is too, this job.
Speaker 2: What how am I doing my job?
Speaker 4: I said, Jay is doing his job. Kendrick is the hottest dude in the game right now, undeniedly like, who else is it?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think the super Bowl book's hot. That's not standing.
Speaker 3: So do you think if either put Jacob out there, people will be talking about.
Speaker 1: All this I mean, I think yes, I think people would still be saying not having Little Wayne for Louisiana's super Bowl at this point, knowing hip hop is a possibility.
Speaker 2: Who did super Bowl twenty three? That's messed up. I can't remember that. Who did super Bowl twenty.
Speaker 3: If I.
Speaker 2: Remember? Ain't that crazy?
Speaker 5: What's her name doing? Swift? Or was it too busy in the in the booth?
Speaker 2: Swift? Who did? Who did the last Super Bowl? It was this year? That's crazy. All I remember is Snoop and Dre.
Speaker 5: I remember losing some money because Hard Rock Casino was supposed to reimburse my first hundred dollars bet and I bet one hundred dollars and lost, and they said.
Speaker 2: Oh it was yourself.
Speaker 5: It was oh yeah, pregnant and all that ship. Good God, I can't get any worse than that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna tell you to be hard.
Speaker 4: If the Illuminati control the Super Bowl, duve c woiuld be out there, how hard would that be?
Speaker 2: History, I'd be right at the front.
Speaker 3: Coming up in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Man, Now you finish just that, this is what you do, your goddamn face.
Speaker 4: Glasses, But the games beginning glasses and turn all this look.
Speaker 3: Queen with my name?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you today?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: You high being being found? No, I'm not. I'm just having some fun.
Speaker 5: What's the what's what's the upper strand of weed? Again? Is sativa upper?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sativa is an upper Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: He's he looks like he off sativa. I think he vaped a little bit of.
Speaker 1: You know you love came I would love it for sure. But I'm not saying nothing wrong with that. I'm saying, why are you emulating his voice?
Speaker 5: He's he's in mode. He's in impersonation mode today.
Speaker 1: Ray said pineapple upside down cake string for sure?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: No, actually, man, you know what. I'm off the weed no more. I do not smoke marijuana no more. I'm I'm on the natural my friends on the live. I'm just cutting up. No, I think it would be dope if we if we did have dubs on it, you make a dub c up there doing the seatwalk.
Speaker 2: Man, Yes, that would be great.
Speaker 4: That would be hard. They have Dudu, one of the most underrated of all time.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I think it's really great that they chose Kendrick Lamar. I think he's gonna put together. I think he's going to put together a really great performance. He's one of the greater performance of one of the greater performers of the modern era in hip hop. I think now you know, he has enough really huge songs, right, he has enough really great relationships to where if you wanted to make it anything, he doesn't need one person to make it special. Isn't that crazy that Kendrick Lamar is doing the super Bowl twice? Has anybody done the super Bowl twice?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Kenner did the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Remember he did it. He came out with Doctor Dre and Snoop.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: You just hip hop, just hip hop period. You know what we need to be celebrating this hip hop period. Super Bowl is great because I remember when they were saying this stuff wasn't go last. I remember when people really thought that this was a flashlar fan thing. Most of these people ain't old enough.
Speaker 2: Most of you focused.
Speaker 1: I'm swinting and talk to people. You over here trying to do my job. My job, I got it.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not squinting, I'm not tripping on what they're saying.
Speaker 4: But most of these guys are aren't old enough to remember when they were talking about hip hop was a I remember when they were talking about this wouldn't gonna be around.
Speaker 3: Now we're doing the super Bowl and then how big is that?
Speaker 1: Man the time like thirty years ago, too Short, Too Short and Ice Team both told me in very long conversations that we had how people was hating on to how people was hating on uh, how people was hating on hip hop when y'all was coming up, you know what I mean, like they looked at it like they R and B was hating, Jazz was hating different other genres was hating. And now like we're on the biggest stage in the world. That's pretty cool. Has jazz been on the stage still? Do you remember jazz musician ever played in Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Herbie do It?
Speaker 4: A jazz musician never played the Super Bowl? Hold on one Second, bro hold on.
Speaker 2: Dog Running.
Speaker 5: Typically it was like Top forty acts I think most of the time, or the older like formerly Top forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to have a catalog of smash records before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I remember, even even after the whole Janet Titty thing, the next year they brought out like a geriatric Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones, in their seventies or some shit. The Rolling Stones probably did it in their fifties as well, but that kind of thing they almost I think what's different now is in the last decade they've gone from trying to aim to the middle, like we're just having something that's like the most elevator of music, y like least alienating, to now, let's let's do something it's the most provocative so that we can get more of a spun off, you know, media coverage, conversation after the fact, and it looks like more that the concern is not about opportunity costs from audience alienation, but of opportunity to be gained from the conversation about it leading up to and afterwards, that there's metrics that indicate that there's more value in that approach.
Speaker 1: Shout out to bad Sea, Shout out to our angel. Thank y'all for joining us on this lunch hour No Sellings Live. Make sure you click the link in the bottom for the latest podcast. They drop every Tuesday on Apple Podcasts or anywhere else you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: This is the Live to support it.
Speaker 1: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, David Lartigue asked a really great question. Emotionally, I don't want to really believe this is true, but he asks, why is it when West Coast? Why is it when the West Coast performs the Super Bowl? Y'all bring out issues? That is true, heard as much complaints right for who's performing at the Super Bowl. It really never mattered as much, But all of a sudden it's a big problem. And there's a line and the Kendrick song that says that people really don't like the West Coast, and I'm fine with it. I would push the line with it. Why don't people like the West still shout out to get the chili? Chili was hading and player we in here lunch hour like usual Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We got a super chat. If y'all feel like buying us lunch, y'all can hit the super chat. This is the lunch hour with no sellers live. Pete elaborate what.
Speaker 5: Was the response when a non West Coast hip hop act had the halftime show at Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: When does it ever happen? It's never happened.
Speaker 5: Fact, then what the fuck are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thinking, why is it when anybody can think about who's.
Speaker 2: Performing at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Ever, when has anybody ever cared about who performed at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: If Gucci came out because they do it at the Mercedes ben Center in two years, people are gonna bitch about that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure some people would be upset if Gucci did the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Watch them, you don't. Don't start a sentence with it. I don't think people will be upset if in the modern.
Speaker 1: Eracci that's true, it is the modern era.
Speaker 2: But that's my point.
Speaker 3: Ray.
Speaker 1: I've seen people complain after a performance, right, I've watched people complain after the super Bowl performance. But I've never heard anybody complain or get an attitude about who is chosen to perform at a super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Until now, I feel like it was a thing for like on a lower level to some degree, like over and over again. Less I feel like I feel like that Janet Timberlake thing made it a thing. And then afterwards they went way in the other direction. Then after that they went way in the other direction, and it's become like a little independent media cycle of its own. The declaration of who will be the superwol halftime show, like it whatever the fuck? And then people go yeah, and other people go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, last year, they right, it's been We're two years removed from Snoop and Dre.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, wasn't it Rihanna and Usher?
Speaker 5: I remember Rihanna looked awfully pregnant and I could have lived about that. I'm not big on I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: You're not big on pregnant people doing stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm not big on having to look at pregnant stomachs.
Speaker 2: Now you don't think that's a beautiful thing, Pete.
Speaker 5: No, I it's fantastic for all parties involved. Those parties are not me, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So you against the look of life.
Speaker 5: When life gets stretched out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you was married and your wife was pregnant, you would be like one of those husbands who wouldn't sleep with your wife because she was pregnant.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, wouldn't sleep with like I wouldn't fuer wouldn't literally just sleep next.
Speaker 2: To you know the difference. No, in our context of language.
Speaker 5: In the context of my life, an ideal marriage for me is I get to have my own room and sleep unbothered by somebody next to me. That would be ideal. So I didn't know if you meant in reference to that.
Speaker 2: That wish, I mean having sex with your pregnant wife rather.
Speaker 5: Than I mean you gotta bite the bullet for what's best for the marriage. But it's one of those things that you tolerate, like a lot of things in marriages. Is why I'm not married.
Speaker 1: Mike Smooth asked a really good question. Shout out to the hommie. Mike's move. Does Kendrick have enough songs.
Speaker 2: To do a Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Oh? It tastes like four.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mike's move. Kendrick has enough songs to do a soup? That's just crazy, Mike.
Speaker 5: He has one song that he does.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about? What are you talking? Why would you ask that? Mike? What is wrong with you? Oh? Man, what are you doing? Just stop staying? What are you looking something up?
Speaker 3: No? I'm doing something. You do the show. Let me do what I'm doing right now. I was actually doing something for.
Speaker 5: The show on the show.
Speaker 2: What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 3: Let me do something like what do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: You just told me we're having a conversation. I would like you to contribute to said conversation.
Speaker 3: I was everything I said. If you told me, Kick me off.
Speaker 2: I'm just you.
Speaker 1: I would kick you out for no seelings because you first started the slander not like us, which that's crazy because you are not. I hope he does other songs besides oh you said, I hope he doesn't do that song. Imagine Michael Jackson performing somewhere without Thriller.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, man, I think he could have an album. Do you think his album for he out by then?
Speaker 2: I hope so. But why would you not still want to see him do thriller?
Speaker 4: Because I think he got so many other songs in his catalog. He does have a pretty big catalog right now at this point.
Speaker 2: So the biggest, grandest stage in the world.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure he's gonna do the song. Man, you know, I'm pretty sure he's gonna do it. But hopefully he don't do it no two or three times?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Well, he don't need to.
Speaker 3: He got so many other great songs.
Speaker 4: He don't have to just focus on that one what song?
Speaker 5: Since he had what would be what would be his third, fourth, and fifth like smash hit multi regionally, universally known, everybody knows when they hear it songs third fourth, you can get it.
Speaker 4: You can get it, you can get it. Wouldn't that be a song? He did that with Drake Who Existice? What Exists was a pretty big record.
Speaker 2: Bro, What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: You high? No, I'm not high? Swimming pools a whole bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. Besides, besides swimming Pools and that one? What other songs he had that are smashed hits that everybody just knows the second they hear it. Wire to wire through four times?
Speaker 3: He got some big records, Man, what are they?
Speaker 4: D n A, d n A? What's the one he deald with the homie in Atlantic seat from from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Served sandwiches? What was the what was the name of when viral? What was that one? That's the jam right there?
Speaker 2: You don't know the name of his universally.
Speaker 3: Think of it?
Speaker 5: Are you can't even remember the names of them.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hear the one song you know the name of Bassie and T says he needs to perform not like us. I want to hear fifty thousand people sing along to wop wop wop wop wop.
Speaker 2: Fuck up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be all that would be hard. But you know he gotta do Humble.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the name of the song. Yeah, I remember the name of the song, Mike, Mike song, Mike TV. Stop doing my job any big songs. So you're trying to read, focus on talking to me? And please, what do you know what I'm trying to read?
Speaker 5: Are you say my mind? Right now?
Speaker 1: All of us on YouTube, anybody who's staring at you, we can see your eyes. So when you squint, you can squint. We can see it. We can see you reading all the comments. We can see everything you're doing. When you're telling your dog to shut up, we could see your eyes looking over at you. We're looking right at you. Still, We're looking at you. We're looking right at you.
Speaker 3: What am I looking at right now?
Speaker 2: We listen.
Speaker 5: We know you're not looking at us, so I can tell you he's just trying to point looking at the wall.
Speaker 1: Just Kendrick, don't have no big songs, Mike smooth, what is wrong? Which I wouldn't even honor that, Mike, you just.
Speaker 5: Three universally like.
Speaker 3: Was a big record.
Speaker 1: Humble is the number one song in the country, and it's a big shon this mhm sh it was like glasses what is wrong?
Speaker 3: Shut Up?
Speaker 4: That was my favorite part of the song, shut Up, Shut up, bitch. I would love to dub C on it though. I just want to see dub C on the Super Bowl. We see dub on it, that's when we know everything is just. I would love to see dub C. What if they just made a getaway as super Bowl one here, put dub C on their little boozy? Who else a gettaway as Rapper and Master Pete going in and go about HI about it?
Speaker 2: Do you think Master P would have been a better performer in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: You know what, man, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I think that by Doc being in New Orleans, you don't You don't want to hear who I thought?
Speaker 3: Who I think it turned out?
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I think if they did do no limit and did make him say, I think that would turn stuff out.
Speaker 5: I think I think if you if you throw a mescal out there, things will be fine.
Speaker 3: Well, Mischi can't keep his hands on.
Speaker 5: I thought that would make it funnier because of the Drake accusations. To have the real, the real ticket out there.
Speaker 3: You know what I do.
Speaker 4: But speaking of Mistical, I do hope he cut his hair off when he comes on. I can't stand when I see brothers with receive trying to hold on that stuff. He got them braids sitting way back here.
Speaker 5: He got braids back again. I thought he got rid of his hair for a while.
Speaker 4: No, I think Father Tim got rid of his hair for him. He still got them braids back there, George Jefferson.
Speaker 5: Still, you know what, when he did the song with Birdman, I don't think he had hair in that video.
Speaker 1: Still, you're like the black Harvey Levin Bro. From here on out, we're gonna start calling you Harvey Levin, black har Yeah. See how you're doing it again. See how your eyes squinched up. You're starting to read because you're doing something. You're doing something.
Speaker 4: We could see what you're doing. Actually, actually, Bro, I was trying to see what that was that popped up over there. I thought something happened. I'm trying to look at technical stuff too.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You know what I like?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't think nobody you know, what would be dope if he did. If he did, they not like just the line band, you know, to be having the band down there, that would be hard.
Speaker 5: I just said that hard should do no, DJ and have the southern and through the whole ship.
Speaker 2: This is how I know you are not involved in the conversation at this wrap.
Speaker 5: Over the.
Speaker 3: That would be I am involved.
Speaker 4: You know what, if you want to know what I must be doing while you're telling everything, I was sharing this stuff on YouTube to the community so everybody would know that we're here. That's what I was doing when I was in the things. I'm always engaged, he said, bring out m c A.
Speaker 3: That would be good.
Speaker 2: The stopped reading my comments.
Speaker 3: Bro, how are you just so you know what you are? You are a dictator? Yes, you are a dictator.
Speaker 2: Read my comment.
Speaker 3: You are a dictator. Don't read.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I want you know what I'm gonna do. I'm just gonna talk when you ask me to see it like this.
Speaker 1: No, I would love for you to be involved in the conversation, but I also don't want you moderating our comments.
Speaker 3: I'm not moderating them.
Speaker 2: Read none of all our comments.
Speaker 5: How can he get to see the comments that I don't.
Speaker 2: Because he's he's a moderator on the page.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put it back slide.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me do this because you are ruined it shout out to my brother Frank Frank Hernandez in the house. We up in here Man Monday, Wednesday and Friday at roon Digital Soapbox, Executive produced by Charlotte Mane of God and.
Speaker 2: Black Effects and Digital soap Box the YouTube. Y'all check it out.
Speaker 1: Classes are you telling me Kendrick has better songs than Wayne? Better is preference? Wayne has more songs than just about everybody not named Snoop Dogg and jay Z. So no, he doesn't have more songs than Kendrick Lamar that are big. But it's not about who has the most amount of songs, right. It's about the business of performing at the Super Bowl halftime, and Kendrick has more than enough songs to be there. He's more than enough presence. It wasn't a choice between Wayne or Kendrick. The choice that they made was Kendrick. It's not because of who has the better song. Homes Like y'all never argued about who was doing the Super Bowl before this moment. What are you talking about when? When when Usher did it last year to say no bell I R Kelly? Let R Kelly do it the year before with Rihanna Due you didn't saying that, Carrie feel me. No, Kendrick Lamar shout out to the elite king. No, Kendrick Lamar is not from New Orleans and neither was Usher from where the last super Bowl, and neither did they in the Barbados. This is they don't need the hometown act to sell tickets.
Speaker 2: This is the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: That's the problem with promoting the the one in LA the way that they did. They did that one time, but that's the only time that they had a hip hop artist in the city. That's that.
Speaker 2: Don't matter. That don't even saying it matters.
Speaker 5: I'm saying established an expectation, because that's that's not.
Speaker 1: Even an expectation. That was two or three years ago.
Speaker 5: The only other hip hop artists.
Speaker 3: To answer the question you asked me earlier.
Speaker 4: If a jazz musicians never did the Super Bowl, Ella Fitzgerald get the Super Bowl had a jazz tribute, she did.
Speaker 1: That's how you contribute to the conversation. No, Kendrick Lamar, elite is not from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: If that's a sarcastic question.
Speaker 1: Yes, Eminem is in Los Angeles. Fifty cent is not from Los Angeles. Usher is not from where the last super Bowl was at.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 5: How was that was that in Arizona?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: I wonder now Vegas.
Speaker 4: Hadn't been anybody else that performed at the super Bowl. Where somebody have a problem. I think they just hate me. You know how you start somebody start winning so much that people start disliking them. I think it's all about they just magaged. The homie is winning so bad man that they don't want him to do nothing.
Speaker 5: I think people just like to bitch because when they bitch, people respond to them, so they get attention.
Speaker 3: It's like baby, the weirdest thing I heard people somebody said that he's doing this. They're doing this this spite Drake exactly.
Speaker 2: It was my problem. That's myo thing.
Speaker 5: The reason.
Speaker 2: People about Drake, the reason this.
Speaker 1: Outrage is happening is because of Drake fandom. People really don't want Kendrick to prosper or win anymore. And now they're using everything, they're figuring out a bunch of other silly stuff. Now it's like, well, let me put gas into Wayne. Let me put the gas into Wayne. Oh I'm I'm gonna let Wayne be my point. Now there is a legit, a legit audience of people, right, a legit audience of people that really do want to see Wayne, and Wayne does deserve it. But again it's business. Most people don't notice. But the super Bowl doesn't pay. They don't pay you money. You don't get paid to do the super Bowl. It has to it has to make sense based off their business.
Speaker 3: But the benefits are astronomical.
Speaker 4: You get a lot of benefits from getting the super Bowl, extreams, door up and everything else.
Speaker 3: So it's a good business move for both parties.
Speaker 1: I mean, what happens when they perform at Arizona, shout out to my boy Willie Norpoe? Is that who's supposed to do it? When they go to the Bay Area? Are they gonna put e forty on it?
Speaker 3: Forty in there?
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: They gotta find things that fit their business. If forty fits their business, they will use unc.
Speaker 3: You can't be legit, No forty war, it can't be legit, But no forty water.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna go to Seattle and bring mix a lot back. They're not gonna go to Portland and and bro what the fuck.
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 2: And I think and forgive me.
Speaker 1: I do think Wayne wants to look, but I'm sure somewhere along the line it had to fit both of their business and that's the fallout.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with this conspiracy.
Speaker 1: This whole weird space of the industry trying to take Drake down is just lame.
Speaker 2: It's getting worse and worse. Bro The industry made drink.
Speaker 1: Drake is a Nicolodeon kid that got signed to Against the Rap label to put out Nickelodeon raps and turn into against the rapper.
Speaker 2: The industry made that.
Speaker 3: And had he did with his boss told him to do, he'd have been already.
Speaker 5: What did he not do?
Speaker 4: No, Well, Wayne told him just be who you are. Just be who you are, stay a normal dude, talk to the chicks. But gee, a super Bowl in the baby well you know, Kendrick said, the best one be leading ship with.
Speaker 3: No forty water.
Speaker 5: If they brought out the forty for a Super Bowl in the Bay Area, dude, that would be an embarrassment, like dead ass serious years old, because nobody west of east of the five fucking Freeway can name want a song of his?
Speaker 3: You got your mind?
Speaker 5: No not, and that's not and that's not that would be like, because we're in Detroit, we need psy or eminem when Detroit is motown. Detroit is motown. San Francisco is not e forty. The Bay Area culturally is not e forty. That's not the hallmark contribution of that region of the country music.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna book hometown acts for most for most super Bowls.
Speaker 5: Here's a great example. I'm pretty sure and don't quote mess because I might because I was really little, Like what I'm thinking of is way outside of my normal memory range. But I'm pretty sure the Gloria Stefan or Stefan or whatever her name was, who was like super huge in the eighties of Latina singer did the Super Bowl in Miami. I think she might have, but I don't know if the.
Speaker 3: Miami versus he.
Speaker 2: She was and then they brought other people out.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking nineteen eighties, eighties, like in the eighties.
Speaker 3: International Superstar Beater, so I Miami, But.
Speaker 5: I don't think it hurt. They didn't feel compelled to have Luke out because if you look at Miami in whole, the bigger footprint in Miami is Gloria than anybody in hip hop in Miami. I would say that Motown is bigger to Detroit than Eminem is to Detroit. Is totality, that's fair.
Speaker 1: A Motown show, a Motime halftime show, would probably be bigger than an Eminem halftime show.
Speaker 2: Not bigger, that's probably the word.
Speaker 5: It would be bigger. I would say it would be more reflective of the greatest contribution to music from that city. Motown contributed more to music in totality then singularly Eminem did.
Speaker 2: Sure culturally, Okay, okay, it's Motown. We're saying as a whole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, DoD has won seventeen Grannies, Bro, your granny's loving. He has won seventeen Grannies in a politic prize. Can't nobody fuck with little bro Bro, So get off his nuts and get over it.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: Aren't you complaining about it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I just was making a statement about the song when that was an inside joke between me and She's really more than anything else. I love that, that's my little brother. I love Kate at Dog, I love kat out, and I'm extremely proud of him man, And I think that that's big Man seeing that little dude in the backs that used to sit in the back, see the my truck and eating cheeseburgers.
Speaker 3: Now he diddline the super Bowl. It's amazing to me though.
Speaker 1: No Sayings Live every Monday, Wednesday Friday at twelve noon Pacific Standard time.
Speaker 2: Y'all hear lunch break? You know what I'm saying. We're still in here.
Speaker 1: Shout out to everybody that's in these comments going crazy. Joe Capone, Yep, that's exactly what Pete looked like. I finally see what Peter looks like. Who Joe Capone? He been looking for you?
Speaker 2: But what is it that I look like?
Speaker 1: Oh, you just haven't seen me in No Because everybody who's a fan of No Seilings, Oh, the link is below, y'all, make sure y'all listen to the neatest episode.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to it again.
Speaker 1: This is No Seilings Live where we actually built on the podcast we have that released every Tuesday on Apple Podcasts or anywhere else you get your podcasts. No Seilings Live Where is Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon. It's live on Digital Soapbox on YouTube. Make sure y'all click that subscribe button. Hey, listen, we ain't a lunch yet, so y'all can get them super chats and buy some lunch when y'all think we deserve it, and we're going off, you know, I mean, we're gonna keep They're.
Speaker 5: Gonna bind me rat poison and a biscuit.
Speaker 3: Don't think.
Speaker 5: When you when you read that thing, what I heard in my head was you said, like Joe Capone and that's what Peter looks like. I thought that there was a famous person that I hadn't heard of named Joe Capone that you thought resembled me. So I'm like, I don't even know who I was at all of them. I didn't know that you were quoting the speaker and then saying his comment, So I fucked it all up in my brain.
Speaker 1: Lil Wayne was more than qualified to be chosen, and I'm sure that he was definitely one of the top choices. I don't think for two seconds Lil Wayne wasn't one of the top choices. I think Lil Wayne for sure was in talks to do the super Boar in New Orleans, just minus it's in New Orleans, just here for the fifth time.
Speaker 3: I believe that is gonna bring him up, dude.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 2: Say that.
Speaker 1: Listen during the rebney say that I'm saying. I'm sure he was in talks to beat him. Lil Wayne is that type of talent. He's a successful enough act. He's one of the greatest ever. He's a fantastic performer. Everything about Lil Wayne is fantastic, and if you put him in the moment, he'll rise to any any occasion. Lil Wayne is a really unique talent. Any as great as it can be in hip hop, you know, actually great as.
Speaker 2: It could be in music. He's that phenomenal.
Speaker 1: But again, I don't think this was like, Okay, do we choose between Lil Wayne and Kendrick Lamar one of those two guys. En know, something about the super Bowl's business made sense for Kendrick in a place where either it made sense for Kendrick or the business didn't make sense for Lil Wayne.
Speaker 2: Simple as that.
Speaker 5: That's kind of along the lines I was going to ask you. I mean, you know, I mean, at that top tier of media, there's a pretty smaller circle. There's tight relationships, there's gives and takes and favors and around. Do you think this is a matter of in the moment. It's just there are power players invested with certain company, A company B or whatever where they have more to gain from this, and it's like, hey, look do this for us here, We'll get that for you. On the flip side, whatever the hell this is gonna make us a ton of money. We don't get a bunch of money bringing Wayne in here right now in that in that regard, because Wayne's I gonna dump a record next year and this is going to be a twenty million dollars, you know, wind fall for us. So look out for us on this and then a year or two later when you need us to twist somebody's arm to get into your movie or to do your TV show, or to Christ knows what we got your back?
Speaker 1: Who knows what type of backdoor build business things are happening, you know what I mean. I wouldn't even like to I wouldn't even try to spect, like speculate on how much business is into performing at the Super Bowl halftime show, this is probably the greatest moment in television that the advertisement spots are worth the most money. I think maybe in that commercial in the Super Bowl, how much money do they generate? They generate nine figures in advertisement, right.
Speaker 3: What they generate a whole lot of women.
Speaker 5: So again, I'm sure this is close to a million dollars a second.
Speaker 4: Right more, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what's some crazy? It's the commercials are I think the commercials are eight figures now for.
Speaker 5: Sure, they're close to a million dollars a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So at that point it's like, I'm sure that's the business driving because they have to sell the ads. Right and again, somebody asked me, did I think they did?
Speaker 2: They get it? Correct?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: No super Bowl has been marked. No super Bowl performance.
Speaker 1: In history has probably had this type of buzz and awareness, like they're gonna charge more for the Super Bowl ads. They could charge right now, jay Z looks like a genius, people think because they're supplying it with negative press. You know how many other times, everybody, how many times super Bowl have time performances have trended at the beginning of the season never.
Speaker 4: Okay, the answer your question. For thirty seconds the super Bowl advertising time, it's setting me dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was way off.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Seven million dollars.
Speaker 5: It's a million for four seconds.
Speaker 4: That is crazy. Though for sixty seconds it's thirteen or fourteen million dollars. Yeah, that's a lot of money, man. Just imagine the people that you're reaching. It's that expensive for a reason.
Speaker 1: So I have no idea, you know what I mean why Dot was chosen. Yeah, I mean I know why Dot was chosen.
Speaker 2: Forgive me.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong way to put it. I don't think it ever came down to between those two. Somewhere along the line, the business made perfect sense, and they did the best business that they could do for their own organization.
Speaker 4: That is the artist of the year right now? Man, Who's who's really in hip hop? Who's bigger than him? Now?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: Who bigger than him in music? Right now?
Speaker 5: Big?
Speaker 2: He's definitely the hottest.
Speaker 1: Shout out to LLL COOJ who just dropped that really great album that's gonna win the Grammy Hip Hop Hour Rap Album of the Year with Yeah ll the Force with ll UH and Q Tip Q Tip, you did an amazing job. I think that album is gonna win a Grammy. I think you're gonna get LLL his uh like it's an art piece. It's really really amazing. But again, it's look, it's okay if if if Birdman is upset that you know, his son is not performing at the super Bowl. I wouldn't even say anything to Birdman about that. I wouldn't say nothing to stunt Up about being upset. I wouldn't be upset that p is saying, man, Lil Wayne should have did it. I'm not upset that Nikki is saying, oh, Wayne should have did it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What the thing that fucks with me is when people act like this is some kind of conspiracy against Drake.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Go ahead, Pete, I'm waiting a month.
Speaker 5: I was waiting to be called on. I was curious if you have any insight as to who does, specifically who does the the voting for Hip Hop Grammys, because they really.
Speaker 2: Who has votes?
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't know because it always, it seems oftentimes to be a little bit more favoring the the artsier side of the genre and who wins that. So I didn't know who comprised the voting population for the Grammys, what their kind of criteria was, like all that kind of stuff. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Grammys is an artistic award, is not a sale award.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not even saying relative to sales, like say, like the hottest shit in the streets is Joe Blow, and the artist album of the year is you know, variable A. Variable A is gonna get the the thing more than Joe Blow, and then Joe Blow might get a Grammy like four years later.
Speaker 3: You know, I.
Speaker 1: Think people just agree on what they feel is the is the more you know, piece that represents the art piece, whether it's a record, whether it's the album that represents you know, a level of of of beauty from from a richer place. If that makes sense, I get that for sure. Wealthy and thought. I mean like Killer Mike, Like Killer Mike sweeping the Grammys. You know last year was big because his art piece was fantastic, Like ll Coo Jason Q tips, like that's a really great album and that as long as ll you know, and his team and and q tips team begin to market that conversation, when you listen to the forest, you will hear the beauty in it.
Speaker 2: It'll make all the sense in the world.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just saying general speak. Get you get artists that that are a little bit more seasoned generally, which which could lend itself to being more artistically but sure, rather than like saying artists who might be very groundbreaking early in his career, where it's like, boy that that that sound really shook the industry, that was monumentally innovative or whatever it might be.
Speaker 4: It's also hey, gee, well we're speaking no music and I shout the song out. I just heard it last night and I thought it was dope as hell. Sure since I was little, the Homie problem, DJ Quick and bun Bee and uh homye jay Worthy.
Speaker 3: Have you heard that? No, it's jamming.
Speaker 5: That's the jam of record dog Wait you said problem?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What he calls it?
Speaker 5: Jason Martin, Jason Martin, Yeah, yeah, like I was little, that.
Speaker 3: Song is jamming.
Speaker 1: This is incorrect Mike's move. Mike's move has less of Mike's move has left a comment. NAS still hasn't won a Grammy. That's crazy. That's not true.
Speaker 2: NAS did when a Grammy?
Speaker 5: Is it hip hop shotter?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: NAS wanted Grammy like two years ago?
Speaker 3: Is that the producer homie Mike's move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the producer homie. Mike's move.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Mike's move, I got right there.
Speaker 1: Move is delirious right now, King's Disease one Rap Album of the Year twenty twenty one, Mike's move you got to catch up behind my niece said. Now Birdman has entered the chat as he should. He should, you know he should. He should vigorously make sure people know that Wayne was the correct choice.
Speaker 2: That's were not upset at that. That's fine.
Speaker 4: I think some of these people man for them, they just know that that they say something. Just go get mentions. I think people do stuff now, man, just to get just to get mentions.
Speaker 2: Now you're doing that right to see.
Speaker 3: See I wasn't. Man, It's a natural thing. She can stuff pop up. I can't help it, man, But the look drop it on the stream, I just can't help you. Adhd like got my look at it. You know, some pop up and you go, look it don't mean I'm trying to read it, so I just look straight like this.
Speaker 5: When you are Wayne and bird Man, do they still have a professional relationship or is Wayne fully divested from a business standpoint from.
Speaker 2: I think they still have some level of a business relationship to some degree.
Speaker 3: I think they.
Speaker 4: Always will, man, I think that's a relationship. This will always be kind of Extra Stone.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Mike's move said, he's not the producer Mike Smooth. Are you the DJ Mike's move? That's the real question.
Speaker 5: Which Mike Smith are you?
Speaker 2: Which Mike Smooth?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 2: How smooth are you?
Speaker 1: Mike no Ceilings live Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time.
Speaker 2: Right here on Digital Soapbox.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what not to cut you off? My bad is DJ Mike Smooth? I forgot man, you know, Mike.
Speaker 1: That's not That's not DJ Mike's move or the producer Mike's move. This is a different smooth Mike. Try to call you smooth Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: He's from Buffalo, New York, home of the Buffalo. Imagine, imagine the Super Bowl and buff Flow with Rick James performing. You know, I wouldn't mind seeing a tribute being at a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: No, they would never do that. Man too much money at all for the bunch of nobody's up there.
Speaker 5: They'll Halo grab it before that happens.
Speaker 1: My niece asked, so Berdman, shout out to DJNA. My niece asked, so Berdman doesn't like jay Z either, or he is just upset. It's a combination of both they have. Now they may have their own little thing going on, but he's upset. Stunner Man is upset because I'm sure everybody wanted Tune to be at the super Bowl in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: It just didn't happen and went to a kid from Compton. How can you be upset at that?
Speaker 5: Could you please clarify for me, just for me, what does jay Z have to do with this that I'm not aware of? Does he own the team the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: To state?
Speaker 4: What is it? He's as an ambassador's he does things for the NFL right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a job with the NFL, the proper title of his job. Through Craft's effort, jay Z and his company Rock Nation got involved with the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, eventually inking a five year, twenty five million dollar deal with the league aimed at revamping the Super Bowl halftime show and amplifying NFL social justice agenda, among other things. Wickersham Rowe, that makes sense why you select the Kendrick at that point?
Speaker 2: So again, let me.
Speaker 1: Repeat, let me repeat to you the deal jay Z strugg with the NFL. Through craft effort, jay Z and his company Rock Nation got involved with the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, eventually inking a five year, twenty five million dollar deal with the league aimed at revamping the Super Bowl halftime show and amplifying the NFL social adjust the NFL's social justice agenda, amongst other things. So that makes sense why you would select Kendrick Lamar. That makes sense why you would select Kendrick Lamar, especially when you're talking about social justice agenda and you are still trying to keep it hip hop. Sure, he is pretty much credited, you know, as a social justice MC, and it makes sense when you have a battle with Drake and they're saying you're trying to free the slaves and then you have a song where he's teaching you on what happened in America to black people. So they definitely chose the correct person for the job. If that was the goal for Rock Nation in the NFL, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Still, you're in.
Speaker 4: Makes a lot of sense. You know what I figured out, I do like this song. You know what I don't like about They're Not Like Us is when people like come on, Kamala hers go up and say they're not like us, and how people are just kind of taking that slogan and just made it all kind of other things.
Speaker 5: Well, it happens when that big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happened with no vaciline in either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean people using it all the time. All he gave it to me with no vascline. No, that's meant for you, brother?
Speaker 5: What was like how many times like how many straight out of other things than Compton were there? How many makes something something other than America great hats were there for you know, just any time that a slogan or concept gets that big, it's going to get running up with That's true, straight straight out of olive oil, like they were saying, straight out, not as if they they came from there, but if they ran out of the thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is what happened when these cultural iconic phrases go mainstream.
Speaker 4: You know, I guess Bird had them when he said, put some respect on my name. See that became No, that did become a cultural thing. It became a cultural thing. Put some respect on my name when you said.
Speaker 2: That with bird man with me around, I'm not playing with.
Speaker 3: Him, man, I got the most respect for bird.
Speaker 5: Put some respect on my name needs to do Wimbledon because those guys used to rock on them Rolexes back in the bling bling days, and Wimbledon's brought to you by rolex It's a natural marriage.
Speaker 2: Shame on you, brothers.
Speaker 3: That would be hard if they brought Manny Frish and Birdlan.
Speaker 5: You get it, Booze.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all for joining us. Everybody's been weary.
Speaker 1: No Sentners Live every Monday, Wednesday and Friday right.
Speaker 2: Here on Digital Soapbox YouTube at New Pacific standard time.
Speaker 1: Click the link below. Click the link below subscribe to this channel. Listen to the latest episode of No Sinner's podcast.
Speaker 2: A new one goes up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's a great conversation about Drake and Kendrick lamar further and we'll be back here Wednesday, right here on Digital Soapbox YouTube Live to talk about the POW podcast that's dropping tomorrow.
Speaker 2: More conversations about Drake versus Kendrick here.
Speaker 3: And put some respect on my name.
Speaker 2: Fucking asshole, fucking asshold man shit.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning into The note Seller's podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced by The Black Effect podcast network and Nowheart Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.