Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death presents External Exams with Nicole and Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, welcome to this week's external exam on Mother Knows Death. Shila Marie is a world renowned forensic medium who has made a significant impact in the field of criminal investigations both nationally and internationally. Working collaboratively with the FBI and various law enforcement agencies around the globe, she has contributed to the resolution of numerous notorious world events, missing person cases, and both fresh and cold criminal investigations. Her remarkable abilities have successfully connected agencies and families with valuable data, landmarks, maps, and guidance. Today, she is credited with resolving four hundred high profile criminal cases, leaving an indelible mark on the world a forensic investigation. Hi, Sheila, welcome the Mother Knows That. Thanks for being here today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, and now let's stay all right.
Speaker 2: So before we get started with anything, I just want to know if you could explain to us exactly what a medium is, because I don't know if I one hundred percent understand, and maybe other people don't.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I never did either. I'm like the biggest skeptic there was, and I didn't believe in anything like this either. So so basically everybody is intuitive, correct, everybody has intuition about them and which we call our psych Okay, so everyone can everyone actually everyone is a medium. It's just a matter of tapping into it. And it's a vibration. So basically a medium is one who channels and sometimes we channel other dimensions. We channel people who have passed. And the difference between a psychic and a medium is mediums connect and they speak back and forth with another dimension. So I can have conversation, whereas a psychic may see, may receive visions, but there's not a direct conversation, you see what I'm saying. So it's just a little bit of a vibration switch. Every medium is psychic. Every psychic can be a medium. Every person is intuitive. Every person can be a psychic and a medium. It's part of who we are. I call it our our interlight dimension, our interlight connection, you know, So it's like another sense in our body. So we have all these uh you know, we have our respiratory systems, and that we have our inner light system as well, and that's part of who we are. We're souls. We're connected to the universe. We're connected to vibration and energy and it's who we are. So as far as like mediums and psychic, like I like when I realized that, like I was able to do all this stuff, and I said to myself, oh my god, I don't want to be called the psychic. People are going to judge me, right, because I was totally not new age at all. I was a Roman Catholic three hundred percent, and I didn't want to go to Hell if I did something like this, you know. So, but for marketing purposes, unfortunately, I did have to market myself as a psychic. So to me, basically, I'm just Sheila, you know, I'm just myself and it's my inner light system that's able to connect. Everybody comes in different levels, you know. For me, when I was eleven years old, my dad, I'm from a policing family and my dad was he was a self hypnotist on the side. He was also a police officer in chief of police, and he used to get me into a meditative state kind of like he was treating me like a guinea pig so he could teach classes and so I would get into a meditative state at a very young age. So when it came for me to learn how to meditate later on in life, I was very relaxed in it. So I trusted my higher power. I trusted the connection, so my fear wasn't blocking the connection, so it helped me to relax more. I forget where I was going with this, but anyways, I believe that everybody. So everyone comes to different levels. So you might have a pre beginner, you might have a semi pro football, you might have a Beethoven, you know. So it's the same thing with your inner light connection. It depends where you are in your life and how you can connect. And is everybody able to be a professional absolutely with practice? You know. I guess I'm just kind of talking in circles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well do you think because I hear you bringing up the word intuitive a lot, and I guess this is just a thing that I talk about with my husband all the time. It's just kind of like some people are just good at their job and they kind of they know what they're doing right, so that makes them seem like they have good intuition, they know what's going to happen. Like, what is there a difference or is it just like certain people think that they can identify as a medium, and other people are just like, yeah, I just I just get what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Like that. Well, I can speak from my experience and I've taught thousands of students, okay, and what I teach in the beginning is to leave your ego out at the door. You know. So the word medium basically just means that you're basically the middleman. You know, you're you're the channel. So here's the spirit world, here's an open tunnel, and here is another person or whoever you're channeling for. Basically you're the open tunnel, You're the channel. So that's what the medium is, you know. So nowadays it's conflicted because a lot of people I've seen not naming people, but all their their meetiums and then the egos in the way. You know, it's all about them, it's not about them, about your connection to the universe and how you can help people. But unfortunately we're human beings and sometimes that that ego gets in the way. You know, I forget what was the.
Speaker 2: Question again, You describe yourself as a medium, but you think there's lots of different people out there that are probably on your level. But just don't really recognize it just because they're very intuitive.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yep. I I don't like having to call myself a medium because in our culture it's it's looked down upon, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But unfortunate, unfortunately, for advertising purposes, I have to be called that. Ah. You know, I traveled to India last year and you know a lot of people are connected everywhere. You know, I'm no better than anyone else, you know, for me, for my from my experience. For me, it was a life calling, you know, it was my life purpose. So it's it was different from me than it might be for someone who's just learning their mediumship. I can't live and breathe another day unless I'm doing this because I know it's my life purpose. You know, my life purpose is to teach people how to connect, teach people how to connect with the intuition, their psyche and their mediumship. It's all connected. It's all the same thing. It's just different vibrations. You know. I believe that everybody is this, you know, is who everyone is a medium? You know you know meditation, You've done meditation before? Yes, yeah, so you know how you're connecting to a higher consciousness. Some people can see visions. Is that it's tapping in, it's tapping into dimensions, you know. And the whole idea is when you get into that dimension, that you can actually converse with that dimension and you could speak talk and you might might you might have a relative that's pasted, or you might have someone or an angel or something like that come in and speak with you. This is connection, you know. Unfortunately, in the way of our world, we have to define it so people will understand who can they go to. So for me, forensics is data and you know, I also was a police officer for many years as well, so I do a lot of forensics in a sense where I'm receiving a lot of and data information from a higher source, you know. So in order for me to market myself, I have to say I'm a forensic medium. You know, everybody is connected. Everybody has the source of the oneness of the universe within them. And we're souls before we're human beings, you know, our light within us, our inner light. So it's important to recognize that, uh, there's no one medium who's greater than another. Everyone's the same. And this is so true. And if there's a medium that says, I know it all. This is the well, guess what they need to go back at class, because not everybody is perfect. We're constantly evolving, We're constantly moving forward in our universe. So yeah, so a lot I teach a lot of people how to connect with their source within them, you know, to connect with the inner light system and so they can connect to other dimensions. Is than that. Some of them are professionals. Some people just come just to grow spiritually as well. It's no excuse me, it's no trick. You know. We dream at night, you know, and some people say they don't what they do, you know. Uh. But so when we're when we're little, we're more open to the universe around us, to the connection of us, to the moons, to the stars, to the earth, to animals, to people. You know, we are very in tune when we're very young, and we lose that because what happens is we start to block that connection. That we block that connection through fear and mistrust. So what I do in my classes is I try to get everyone back to unblock the fear, unblock the trust, have faith in their higher power and their existence, their higher consciousness, and once we can do that, we can tap I can help tap you into the source within you, so you can use that into in your work no matter what you do. You don't have to be a medium or a psychic to tap into your intuition. You know, it's who you are, and you can use it in any part of your life, in your relationships, in your work, whatever that may be. So so basically, you know, they actually tap into a meditative state and receive tesla, you know, images and information from higher beings, from higher dimensions to help us along in this world.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So we have to remember that we're souls first. You know. These bodies are just our astronaut suits and we're here on a journey. Our journey is a learning place that we're at. You know, nothing's always perfect here, and that's part of our learning process.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The universe is always working for you, even when it's working against you, you know. So it's just really important to know that when it comes to the definition of medium and psychic, it really doesn't define who you are as a person. Is just a part of your being that you can develop.
Speaker 2: You know, before you became a medium, you were, like you said, you were in law enforcement, you were a police officer for fifteen years, which is.
Speaker 1: A long it's a long time.
Speaker 2: It's a long career. What what made you first? What made you get interested in law enforcement?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. Well my dad was a police officer, so and my uncle and my godfather. So I come from a policing family, you know, and that's how I began my policing career because it was just normal to become police, you know. And so what during that time, I actually laid the foundation. Well I didn't realize it because people are like, Hilo, why do you want to be a police officer? You're too nice? I'm thinking, I don't know, why not right, I need to pay my bills, you know. Little did I know that the spirit world was laying a foundation for me which was more to come later on in my life. And so I don't regret being police officer. I actually learned a lot that I use in my job now, my career, I should say now. And it helped me lay you know. It's really interesting because if you think about your life and everybody goes through this, the universe is always laying the foundation for what's coming eventually and what you can use it as. So basically, during this policing time, I was adding two tools to my tool belt that later on I use, you know, and I used as well. Then I didn't stay forever in policing because in my heart, I always wanted to be a mom. I wanted to be a stay at home mom. So when I had children, I left because I wanted to be home with my kids. You know. Well, lo and behold, that's when the mediumship career began. And I was not expecting that at all. My sister in law, It's really funny, my my sister in law, I had something happen to me. It was I was, it was joined me to tell you, I know, yeah, sure, yeah, sure. So I was in my bedroom and my daughter was with me, she was about two years old, and all of a sudden, I it was raining out and I said to my sister in law, Hey, is it raining at yahouse? And she's like, uh no. I'm like, oh, that's weird. So I heard rain it was like lightning, and then I shut the window. I'm like and I'm sitting at the on my bed and there's like a bathroom door at the end of my bed and I saw this white light. I'm like, and I'm talking to her. I'm like, oh my god. Right, She's like, what's going on? My god? My daughter is looking at it, so she's seeing it with her eye, not in her inner eye, and she's like. My sister's like, my sister in law's like, are you seeing a spirit? I'm like, oh my god. Right, And they just lifted up this white light and flew across the room and that was it. And my daughter is looking at me and it wasn't scary, but I was like I didn't know what to think. So my sister in law, God love her. She says, you're seeing spirit. I know this woman who can help you. And I'm like, oh, whatever, you know. So she sends me this gift. And I have to understand. I was very Roman Catholic.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was director of vacation Bible School. I was CCD teacher. You know, I didn't dabble. I never had.
Speaker 2: I went to CCD. Yes, and I value you never send my children.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. Yeah, So I I know your background though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I said to myself, I I will never see go to psychics or anything like that. And so sure, enough, I get a gift certificate from her, go meet your Spirit Guide class. I'm thinking she's out of her flip in mind. I'm not going to that. So I take the gift certificate and I put it in the cupboard. A year later, I said, I better go to that because I don't want to deal with the wrath of my Italian sister in law. Right. So I went to the class and I get in. I was so nervous, I'm thinking what am I doing. I didn't tell anyone I was going because I was in a new age store and I'm like, I don't do new age, you know. And so I went in there and the teacher takes us on a meditation. I said, oh, I know how to do this. I used to do this with my father all the time. So I sat in there and we got to a vibration and all of a sudden everything started happening and I wasn't creating it subconsciously in my mind, are thinking it And I said, WHOA, what is this? This is real And I'm not a bad person. I'm not a doc person or anything. So I kept on training in class. I said, okay, Jesus and Mary, if I'm not supposed to see anything. Don't let me see anything. And you know what happened. I saw more because I trusted my higher power. And so thus that began my interaction with mediumship. And then I started taking classes and I developed it from there. Little did I know that I would be doing this at all. It wasn't anything I had planned. But once I realized that I could, I was able to connect and I said to myself, I have to do this. I came home, I told my husband I have to do this. He's like, what I go. I go medium She goes, what the hell is that? And I said, you know, like readings and stuff. He's like, oh no, I said, you know what, it's okay. I totally get it. If you need to divorce me, I understand. But I have to do this. If I don't teach people how to connect, I'm going to die. And it was that strong in me, that impulsive that I went full fledge in it. And that's how I got into mediumship, you know. And I was in my early thirties. It was not anything that I wanted to do or anything, you know. So yeah, so that's how it happened.
Speaker 2: For me and how could being a medium help in the field of forensics?
Speaker 1: Like specifically, what do you mean in like as far as oh, like, how how do I help?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know if you're a medium, like my friends go to mediums and find out what their dead dad was thinking or something or is still speaking to them. How is this helpful when trying to solve cases in forensics?
Speaker 1: It's very helpful. So I can tell you what I do and maybe that will answer your question. So basically I consider myself a lead, you know. So I might have a family or a contact call me, and the contact maybe someone from the state police or the FBI, or a family member or a friend of a family that needs information on a murder or missing persons or something like that. So basically what I do is I channel. So there's many different ways. So the end result is I give them the information and usually I'm a lead to help them identify landmarks or help them identify identify a crime scene or an area. You know. So what I do is I channel. Sometimes I'll draw maps, So basically I'll be sitting somewhere and I'll just ask spirit show me, and I'll start drawing maps. I might draw faces, sometimes it's just words, you know, I can. I have many different types of cases I've worked on. So say, for instance, a lot of people think that forensics is just for missing persons, and that's just not true. I would say I work on more homicides than I do on missing persons, you know, And then there's the cold cases this than that. Now, when I work forensics, I don't go and look for the case, because there's millions of cases out there, you know, I would be too much information for me. So what I do is I ask spirit and spirit. When I say Spirit, my guides, my peeps, my universe, my inner light, you know, I ask my higher consciousness send me the case I'm supposed to work on, you know. And sometimes those cases will last from one hour to three months, you know, And so I have to live my normal life too, and I will get dreams in some cases. Some cases, all it might take is just one reading, and sometimes I'll well. Most of the times, when depends on what type of case it is, I will gather all the information and data and then and then I'll do my mediumship part of it, you know, which is basically funneling all the information through through my mediumship, and then they'll also be a part of it where I'm using my I'm an investigator as well, so I'll use my investigator parts as a human being, you know. And so then I'll look at all the evidence that I've received and and then I'll make my conclusions that way. I also want to reiterate that in the beginning of any case, all I ask for is the person's name. That's it. I don't want to know what happened to them. I don't want to know why I'm doing this or anything. And like say, for instance, I use like four cases when I'm on podcast. I'll use this one again. So I had a woman come in and so into my studio and I said to her, I said, okay, she goes, this is I'm here for a missing person. It's a cold case. I said, oh, okay, what's the person's name. They give me the first name of the person. And then what I do is everyone suspect in a case. So I take her information, I take her license, YadA, YadA, YadA, I write everything down. I want to make sure i'd protect myself too, you know, I always look harry as well. And so anyways, I told her yeah, I have to for protection and from my family as well, because a lot of times people who are suspect will come to me as well. So it's not always just nice people that are coming to me. It might just be someone who has something to do with the case and they're covering up, you know. So I received the information. So actually with this case, what I do is I just live normally. I said, okay, Spirit, if I'm supposed to get anything, just let me go, let me get it. Well, that night was the first time that I started receiving dreams. I had a dream every night about this little boy in front of me, and he showed me everything exactly. That happened every night, and by the third week, I was crying, Please, God, don't give me another dream. I want to sleep tonight. You know. So I got all that information. I gathered it, I wrote it down, and then when the woman came back in, I said to her, just have a seat. I said, I'm going to go in and without telling her anything, I'm going to go in and I'm going to gather all the information. I'm going to do it in front of you. So I'm gathering information, I'm writing everything down, I'm drawing maps, this and that. I'm drawing phases for two hours. I and I excuse me. I told her the information and showed her and she's crying, so she's understanding everything. I said, Okay, that's not it. Let me get the other two weeks that I just got in dreams that so basically everything we needed was there was amazing. And then I was. I ended up working with the missings Persons unit in New York City and they said to me, here's the lineup. There's three of them, which one is it? And I said, it's that guy three hundred percent. They're like, no, it can't be. I'm like, it is. I saw him in my dream. I'm I'm telling you it's him, and I drew his picture. Well, it turns out that this person he was already serving time for something else and his time was coming out, and so they brought it to his attention and they got a confession out of him thirty four or thirty nine years later. Okay, and so he's serving. He's serving, you know, so as far as serving time, you know, forever, and so as far as when it comes down to cases, I don't talk about specific cases. Isn't that because I have you know, this is real. You know a lot of people I've had TV programs come to me before and say, oh, well, we want to know every case. I'm like, no, it's called disclosure, you know, safety for me, for my family, for the people involved. This is this is real. This isn't TV. You know what I mean. This isn't fake. You know. I get so angry. I'm like no, I'm like, do you not understand that this is real? And it's very dark, and I don't want to go there. You know, that's not who I am. I'm here to help people, and I will help anyone that needs the help. You know. I'll do a lot of pro bono. I don't do it for the money, you know. Do I need the money? Sometimes, sure, I'll ask for a tip, you know. But my my thing is I love to teach. I love to teach people how to connect. I want everyone to learn how to connect. I have a lot of professional meetings that count to me that want to learn the forensics, and I love mentoring them as well. And sometimes I'll mentor for a year or two, you know, And thank God to the Internet, I'm able to do that online, you know. Because they're all over the world, you know. So I do that. You know. My passion is teaching, and that was my calling in the beginning, is to teach people. So I've worked on many several different cases, and uh, I'm known as what they call the medium with integrity, you know, and I'm and I guess it's because you know, I'm not here for myself. It's not about me. I don't People like, why don't you advertise I'm like my cases. I'm like, no, I go, why why would I want to? You know, It's not about me. It's about helping people, you know. So when I when I wrote this book, Forensic Medium The Power of the Unseen, a lot of people says, all these only a couple of cases in there? Are they real cases? I said, well, they're cases, but they're not real names. They're mocked a little bit to protect people for disclosure, you know. And I said, but the reason why I wrote wrote the book was because I want to teach people how to connect to the inner light. It's your it's your god given right, it's your universal right to know how you work. You know what I mean. And that's why there's five meditations in there. Teaches you about connection and quantum physics and the string theory and stuff like that, because it's all about connection ultimately when it comes down to it, you know, and people use it every day and you can use it to your benefit. You know, a lot of famous people use it every day now, you know. And it's something you know, we're always in search of looking for more in our lives. Why can't I find love in my life? That well, everything you need is already within you, okay. And that love that you're searching for is the connection to the universe. It's the highest vibration of love frequency there is. Let me tell you. I'm what they call it energy junkie, and I live live to connect because every time I do, I can feel the sensation of true love and it's wonderful, you know. And I don't expect any other being to give me that because I know I'm going to get that from my inner light system, my higher consciousness. So a lot of the times everything that we're searching, you know, people will say to me, well, jeez, I've I have five houses, I'm a billionaire, this this and that, and you know, making all these deals. I have a lot of people who call me about their you know, their business too, and they want to know what I see, you know, and uh, but they're not happy because they're not connecting. They're not connecting to the inner soul, the inner light, you know. In so many different religions we practice this connection. We practice that when we die, we go to heaven. But that's it, you know, And that's and that's sad, you know what I mean, because it's it's uh, it's infinite, you know, our connection is infinite. You know. That's why I love India so much, is because they practice us every day, you know, the Bindi that's basically the third eye.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Over there, I'm a goddess. In the United States, I'm a witch, you know. So uh. It truly is just being honorable to yourself and getting to know who you are. And we can you can always tap into this and people will say, well, I'm well, I'm you know. It's really funny when I stop my I do workshops and retreats, and the first thing I do is I said, leave your ego at the door. Nobody here is better than anybody else, especially when it comes to some people might be more advanced in their psychic connection because only the reason reason being is because they learned to unblock the fear, they learned to have faith, and they learn to trust their higher power. Okay once then, and also they learn how not to think. So a lot of times when you're in and you say to yourself, oh my God, am I thinking that? Am I creating that? Am I subconsciously thinking that? Or is the spirit? Is the universe showing me this? You know? So that's I teach you how to do that so you can get a clear picture from the universe.
Speaker 2: You know. This episode is brought to you by the Grosser Room. So we were just talking about hot car deaths, and I actually have a case of it that I wrote about almost two years ago right now called Imagine the Unimaginable. That's the title of this post, and it's showing a similar situation. But it shows the autopsy findings in a with a father that left a three year old child in a car seat, and it's it's a really terrible situation, but from the perspective of doing the autopsy, just the different things that you would see in a case like that. So we always have cases in the gros Room that relate to the news stories that we're talking about, and it's just a really awesome place where there's people like minded people. It's kind of cool to meet a bunch of people that are into the same stuff that you're into, and we just have really awesome content in the Grossroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you can visit the grossroom dot com for more info or to sign up. Yeah, and you could get in for five ninety nine a month to check it out, and you'll want to stay all the time.
Speaker 1: It's just so much fun.
Speaker 2: Do you have any skeptics when it comes to this, because I know myself and people that I've worked with have been around so many dead people, my mentors and everything, and none of us have had a personal experience with with a spirit. It's something that we talk about, get what.
Speaker 1: You know what, I never did either.
Speaker 2: So when you saw the light, though, you said like, well.
Speaker 1: That, well, I actually, well, I was thinking to myself, you know, I thought about it later on. I said, I don't even think that was a spirit. I think it was some type of energy ball or alien or something. Because it came from the sky, I think about it. It broke the atmosphere, it mid lightning, right, and I was able to visually see it, and it was energy, and I'm thinking that was either a lightning ball or it was an alien a you know what I mean. But that so I'm thinking, and I understand what you're saying though, because there are a lot of people that visualize, they can see spirits, a spirit will show them themselves, and that a lot of times when people, you know, I've done hundreds of thousands, hundreds thousands of readings, and a lot of people will get a visit from their loved one right before they right after they die, you know, they might see a visual of them kind of in the in between waking state, you know, where you're tired and you're not so tired or I find that happens a lot. But it doesn't mean that you're not connecting. It doesn't mean that you're not able to connect because a lot of the a lot of the information I get is in my inner light system. So it's here in this room, but I'm seeing it in my not my mind, I say. I guess they call it your mind's eye, you know. So I see a lot that way, you know what I mean? Do I see sometimes spirit here and there here? Not so much honestly, I would say more it's in my mind's eye because that's where I'm trained, you know, Okay, so don't so don't a lot of people say, oh, I've seen the room. So in my mind's eye, I'm seeing three people around you. Okay, okay, but not physically, I say what you're saying, So, yes, okay, yeah, yes, So I'm trained, and I train people to see in their mind's eye. Uh current, you know. Yeah, so it's so it's not a dream, it's not something in the past, it's present, but I'm able to see it in my mind's eye and not physically. Oh okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So speaking of you were talking about earlier about TV and like how you don't want to kind of sensationalize these cases that you work on. Do you there are shows that that portrayed people with a position such as yours. Do you feel like they're accurate or are they just because I know like the I would say the rest of the autopsy and forensic shows are horrible, with the exception of more reality based ones. But like doctor G Medical Examiner, I always thought was was pretty accurate as to what we do in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't watch TV. The only thing I watch on TV is anninety Days. God, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good choice if you're going to pick any Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Love reality TV. I don't watch any crime shows. I don't watch the news on purpose because if there's something that's going to be going on, sometimes the work I do is not just someone being murders, it's global stuff. I understand saying yeah, so so I don't watch I don't watch TV like I don't. All I have now is the Roku haha. But before I would my husband would have my ex husband, I would say now, but he he would always have the television. I'm like, don't tell me, don't tell him. I don't want to hear nothing, you know, I just don't want to know. But as far as what I hear, because clients and students will tell me, and I'll just say, you know what, I don't know. But I do know because in the past I've had a production company follow me and they did like a reel on me and stuff like that, and they asked me, how do I want to be portrayed, And at the time they portrayed me in an environment as the forensic medium. I was out in the field working on a cold case, you know, And that's fine. And I understand a lot of the things that they do in TV is for ratings, because that's how the TV programs work. If they don't have good ratings, if they can't capture the audience eyes each week, then they're not going to do well, you know what I mean. As far as me, I can only speak from my experience, and I can tell you that my experience is very different than most common mediums and psychics because I actually I used to work with an assistant in the beginning, and now I've taught myself to work by myself without having anyone being there to help me to connect to get the information. But I always bring someone out with me so make sure that I'm safe, and usually they'll drive and stuff, and just so I can stay connected, you know, if I have to go to a case, A lot of stuff I get online and I just do right from wherever I'm at, you know. But for me, I'm not sure how those people have been portrayed. You know, I don't know because I don't really watch stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does your law enforcement family think about this change in your career. Were they supportive, were they skeptical?
Speaker 1: Well, it's really funny because my dad, God love him, still alive. And you know, I many years ago when he was doing self hypnotism, he had his own business, but he also was a police officer and he had to choose did he want to go full blown in police being a police officer or do the soll So he got rid of the hypnotist business, and then he became chief of police. You know what I mean. Uh, my family is always supportive of me as long as I'm doing good, you know. And in the beginning there thing and oh my Nana, she was so funny. God lovers, God rest her soul, I should say. Before she passed, she said she heard that I was taking classes, and I didn't tell anybody anyone because being in a political family, as being a police officer is political, you know. And I wasn't just dealing with one police department. I was dealing with three or four because my husband was a cop, I was a cop, my father was, my uncle was a cop. So it is the whole range. You know. Judgment is big time. You know. I didn't want anyone to know what I did, so, like on Sundays, I would go and do my mediumship and this wasn't forensics at the time. I would go and like just do readings because it's a process, you know. I noticed as I grew in my mediumship, spirit meaning the universe would present new things to me. And I did not search for forensics at all. That was at that actually landed on my lap, you know. But as far as support, I ignored them. I didn't tell them I lived a double life. And then one day I found baby Bruce Piano. Do you know, Babe Ruth, He's a baseball piano base And well that news that I was brought out to a pond but with a historical society, and they asked me and I went in and I got nautical marks. Ten minutes later they found the piano that they had been searching for for thirty years. So the whole news went all over the world and everybody knew that what I was doing. I was devastated. I wanted to die, honestly, I didn't. That was it. My life was over and it wasn't you know, of course online you get all your your naysayers, isn't that So I just had to ignore the media, you know. But as far as my police officer friends, they're like, you know, like my husband was active police at the time, and they're like, hey, I didn't you know that there was going to be breaking? Y Saiday, why didn't she able to tell you? You know, So it came to be comical. But what I found out is people are a lot more open than I had assumed, you know, so I was comfortable with them. I'm like, you know what, and I realized this way, it doesn't matter what they think because I'm helping people. I'm helping families to resolve their inner peace, that bring peace back into their life. You know, I'm helping. So as long as I'm helping, I'm doing good. And if people can't understand them, then that's their problem, you know what I mean. And I was helping that. I'm still helping thousands of people all the time. So I don't care anymore. You know. I did, and it controlled my life for a long time, but I let it go because it's just not I'm helping, you know what I mean. And if and I look at it this way, if they have a problem, that really the problems within them, not within me, you know, and I but I guarantee you someday. I was on this TV and I was on this radio show with Christian Florier and Glenn old Way and another another Red Sox player. Anyways, I was on this, uh this show, and the guy said to me, Glenn old Way, he's very closed mind when it comes to mediums and stuff. He goes, uh, I don't believe in this. Oh all right, And I said, okay, well, I'm not here to make you believe in this. I said, but if you need me, I'm here for you. I just want to let you know I'm here for you when it's your time. When you need to speak to someone who's passed because you're not okay with how they passed, or if there's something going on and you need me, like in a murder or something, I'm here for you. You know what I mean. I'm not going to deny you because you have your own belief. You know. To me, believing is seeing. So when I was able to do this, putting aside witchcraft and all that kind of psychic name that it really has, you know, a bad name. When I'm able to do something and able to see it, then that makes me a believer. That's what made me do this. I call myself an energy junkie because every time I do it, I'm amazed that the people understand what I'm saying and doing. I'm like, well you understand that that's crazy, you know, And my other students like, don't say crazy, it's wonderful, and I'm like, yeah, okay, it's wonderful. But I'm just like, it's amazing to me that you understand what I'm saying and when I'm envisioning. So to me, it's like an adrenaline rush, you know.
Speaker 2: Is it something that you could turn on, Like if you're at a party and someone comes up to you and just say is devastated and is crying and stuff and just says like I just lost my dad. Can you talk to me? Can you just turn it on like that? Or do you have to be in a certain mindset in order to do that?
Speaker 1: Well, years ago, I used to have to be in a certain mindset. I would say, Now it's very easy for me. I can go out that. But I think it's because I've done so many readings and cases that it's very It's like stepping up it step ups your game. You know, I'm able to go in quickly if I need to, But it's taken years of practice to do that, you know. And yeah, so for me, it wasn't like that in the beginning, though. I would have to sit there. I'm not can you. I have to sit there with like my eyes closed. It would take me like ten minutes to get in and one hour reading would exhaust me. I couldn't do another for another week. Oh wow, Now I can do eight to ten readings a day, an hour at a time, piece of cake. Yeah, and I'm pulling in three or four people at the same time, you know. So I think you just it's just practice. It's like, uh, you know, it's practice, and then you just elevate, you know. That's what I understand that.
Speaker 2: So you wrote a book called The Forensic Medium The Power of the Unseen. What made you decide to write this book?
Speaker 1: Well, I wrote the book basically for workshops and retreats. So people when they come to my workshop that can use this book. It's so it's a book that they can use. There's five meditations in it. It also teaches them what I teach in class. It teaches them how to let go of the fear, everything that's blocking you. And it also teaches them about energy as well. So my life purpose is to teach people how to connect. And every person is able to connect. And people will say, well, I'm scared. I'm like, well, you're not understanding that you're already connected. You know, you're already energy. This is who you are as a being, so why not develop that intuition. It doesn't mean you have to be a medium per se or a psychic. It just means that you should develop who you are because it helps you to grow as well as a person. You know. But I did make the books so people will know me and know the real Sheila. You know and see and they can see that in a book that I'm just like them. I'm your regular person who this happen. I happened to get this throne in my on my lap and I went with it, you know what I mean, And I and I think it was I'm really glad that I did. You know. It took me two years to write it with a a friend of the family, Bill B. Jmihan, and he did a great job. I gave him mostly all my information and he helped me collaborate it and get it together, and it was. It's nice because I just feel that it's everyone's right to know how to connect the inner lte system because it's a it's a major system of who you are in your existence, and and you don't have to be a psychic or a medium to do it. You know, those are more normally people who are psychic and medium. I mean every everyone will say, oh my god, this happened to me. Does that mean I'm psychic? I'm like everyone's psychic, you know, everyone's intuitive. It's just part of one of your your inn lit your inner light system is part of your systems in your body, just like the endrac system and the you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you keep talking about like a higher being and things like that. So do you do you think in order to really be able to do this and find this within you, do you think that there has to be some kind of a religious aspect to it?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, no religion at all. Actually religion is man made, so I would say it's spiritual, you know, not religion. So in every religion, there is spirituality in every religion, the parts that are man made, that man created, like in certain parts of the Bible, all different types of books and stuff. That's the part I want to stay away from and just stay in the spiritual side of it, because we are spiritual beings. I want to say, it's more science base. You know. You have to remember we live on a planet. We live on a planet, and people say, oh, yeah, we do this, isn't TV live on a planet in the Solar system? Oh my gosh. And what is the Solar system energy? You know, it's frequency, it's energy, and we're part of that. And we forget that because we're so socialized. We think we live in our own little primitive world, you know, and we forget that we're much part of a much higher vibration than we know, you know, is there. And when I say source and I mean the universe, you know, I mean science. Energy is where I'm getting the information. Everything is a vibration. Everything you do now is creating a vibration. And people might say it's an acastic record, you know, yeah, it's an imprint of your life. And all the imprints of your life are held in science, in vibration, you know, so you can tap into that, you know, I call it the psychic files. We can tap into someone's life. You know, we can pull from that, you know, our higher consciousness, our guides, whoever that is. You're talking to the source, the energy will pull in through that, you know. It's it's really a lot to do with science more than religion. Actually is nothing really to do with religion.
Speaker 2: Well, I use the word religion because there's there's many people that really don't believe that there's anything else that happens after your body dies, like you're just you're just dead. So you would have to believe that there have to be some belief that there's that there's some kind of existence of you after your body leaves this world.
Speaker 1: Right, And this is why I say come to class, because seeing is believing, you know, and I and everyone is entitled to their belief and that's fine. This is why I teach, and this is why I wrote the book, because everybody's able to connect. There is a connection that's much higher than this, that's vibrating. That's science, you know, And once you tap into this, you'll understand every there'll be an understanding. You know. It's really funny because in a lot of religions they teach this, but only one person can do it not everybody? You know what I mean, and I think you know what I mean. So sometimes that one person is just an example of all who we are, you know. But you know, I have relatives that don't believe in religion at all, and they just believe in what you're saying this and that that's fine. But I feel to me for my I can only speak from my experience because I don't know what your experience is. But I can tell you once you tap into your inner light system and who you are, the part of the system that's in you, you'll understand it'll make complete complete sense to you how we can exist past these bodies. These bodies are just our astronauts, suits, our soul, our light, our energy. Our inner light system is when is within us. When the bodies don't work, the inner light system still exists. So that's why we're able to connect, you know, and go to that source of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I definitely, I mean that's definitely true. When there's this a person on Earth that's a being that's around all the time and then all of a sudden they're dead, it is definitely there's a disconnect between there who they were as a person. And their actual physical body. It's just yeah, I think that's what happens after is a little yeah.
Speaker 1: I tell everybody, listen, you don't die and go to the spirit world. You're already in the spirit world. These are just astronaut suits. Our light is already within us. When the body dies, the light leaves the body and connects more with It's all energy. It's not physical anymore. It's just energy, you know. And so I tell everyone there's nothing to be afraid. You're already in the spirit world. You're already. That's why it's so important to develop your spirit.
Speaker 2: In addition to being a forensic medium, you also run these retreats and workshops these so these all have to do with You're saying your bulk. It's all kind of goes together. And this is more. You're not teaching people necessarily how to be a medium, but just how to live a better life.
Speaker 1: And absolutely I'm helping them to tap into their life purpose and their connection to the universe. Yes, yes, And actually I do have one coming up in Provincetown, mass I believe it's the twenty six or the twenty ninth a workshop and it's for four hours. It's for anyone that wants to come, all levels, all ages, and I and you know, I teach them meditation. I teach them how to connect to the inner light. There's nothing scary about it, you know, if you dream, if you think you can do it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, I love any other projects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I also have Actually I'm going to be in Provincetown for two weeks then, so I am doing individual readings in that area then, but I'm also doing a gallery as well. And you know what a gallery is like. So basically there people will come in a room and I'll channel spirit and I'll give people readings in a group setting, you know, and it's it's kind of like a night out. But it can be really beautiful too. You know, a lot of people will come with their friends and maybe one or two of them will get a reading from me. You know, I don't I don't choose who I read for. I just do it indirectly, so spirit comes through me. So and it lasts for a couple hours. That So I will be having a gallery on the thirty first of August and possibly the first as well of September. But I want to say it's the twenty ninth or the twenty sixth, the workshop is and yeah, so that's what we're set up right now. That's coming. So it's exciting. Yeah, sounds so cool to us. Oh, I love prove. My family's from there. I am. I'm fifth generation Province Towne. Yeah, so it's kind I get to go back home and see my family too at the same time, so I'm really heppy. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cool there. Yeah all right, Well, thanks so much for being here today. It was really insightful.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thank you so much for having me. It was a pleasure to meet you, Nicole, and I wish you well. Thank you. Oh you're welcome, Doland, take you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Mother nos Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologists assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions. Regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day, and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts. Thanks