Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: We are all over the world. For Dan Patrick takes a gamble. I've got Pia Ray in front of me. I got Dylan the graphics guy. I got Marvin, who's running the controls. I got Bad Larry in New Jersey. And Shay joins us from northern Italy. Shay, hey, Danny, how is it. Where are you? Exactly in northern Italy?
Speaker 4: I'm on a boat lake gobo.
Speaker 3: Like home out.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's been no international here.
Speaker 4: They call it no.
Speaker 1: Uh. How's it going in Italy?
Speaker 4: It's going pretty well. He just showed us George Clooney's house looks like a shithole with the lakes knife.
Speaker 3: Did he sell it?
Speaker 1: He did sell it for one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: Jesus God, damn it, I got bad info, Danny.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, he sold that house.
Speaker 4: Whatever, who cares? Actually, you'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Uh, you won one unit last week, you're minus six and a half. Bad Larry lost to units. You're at five and a half. Dylan won one and a half units last week. He's now minus two. Dylan does deserve maybe half a unit for doing the nine to nine to nine challenge at the Mets game. Nine hot dogs, nine beers in nine innings of work.
Speaker 3: Still sweating.
Speaker 1: Don I know thet up that was bad? You have to beat?
Speaker 4: That looks like easy work, Danny. That's like a two Tuesday morning at Dylan's out.
Speaker 3: It's like I'd say, it's like Friday morning. Tuesday morning might be half that bad.
Speaker 2: Larry.
Speaker 1: You can you can pound beer in yourself some beers. Do you think you could do nine hot dogs in nine innings?
Speaker 5: I couldn't do nine hot dogs in a week.
Speaker 1: What about you, Shae in your in your prime?
Speaker 4: No problem, Danny, not not Danny, I could do nine brot okay.
Speaker 3: Is there anything about Shay that makes you think he can't do that?
Speaker 1: I guess it would just be the hot dogs that you know, maybe he had a food allergy or something, but.
Speaker 3: Choking kind of thing. Yeah, on dog number seven, Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Are you drinking in Italy? No?
Speaker 4: No, the roommates right here, Hey say hi roommate? No, Hi, okay, I did play the lotto. I found down keo, Danny.
Speaker 1: How many people are on the boat right now?
Speaker 4: There's me, one, two, three, four, five?
Speaker 1: And these are all the people you went to Italy with.
Speaker 4: That isn't some boat people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, can they hear you refer to them? Right?
Speaker 1: The boat people? So recapping that, Dylan went to the Mets game and he actually did it in eight innings of work, which makes it even more impressive.
Speaker 3: And the game went ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I thought you should go ten, ten, ten. If it's going to go ten innings, I.
Speaker 3: Was pretty content after not honestly, I think ten would have been the the old straw.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations you found Italian keno over there?
Speaker 4: Oh? Did I tell you all about the soccer board? Did you?
Speaker 1: Are you on the soccer board?
Speaker 4: Danny? They accepted my nation now goes to the Executive Committee. I am in the fucking henhouse, baby.
Speaker 1: It's in the Senate right now. There goes the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is gonna be the jumping off spot of my political campaign in the state of Connecticut. This is where it all began. I want you all to take note, realize the greatness you're surrounded by.
Speaker 1: Oh so this is just the start of your political career.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're storming the school board next, Danny, and then we're going straight to fucking heartburn.
Speaker 3: It's like Dick Cheney started off as like the town comptroller and then look, you know, he rose through the ranks and became the best president we've ever had.
Speaker 1: And uh he shot somebody on a hunting trip.
Speaker 3: So ye, an accident.
Speaker 4: Got away with it. I need that kind of freedom, dude.
Speaker 3: He didn't just get away with it. He was like, Yeah, that fucking idiot was in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, uh sure, sure, Dick, it's his his fault there. Uh. Jay Z lost a million dollars on OKC last night. He had he had okay see winning in five games.
Speaker 3: That's a sucker bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's something that Drake would make, right, doesn't he make those kind of bets there? Floyd Mayweather Drake.
Speaker 3: I've seen Drake just online lose millions of dollars, which doesn't even factor in all the stuff that he probably hasn't shared with the world.
Speaker 1: Bad Larry has six units on SGA winning the finals MVP. How do you feel about that today, Larry?
Speaker 5: Not real happy? But if they win, he's the only guy who can score on that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, consistently, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Right, if they win, he wins it. I think I'm just confived to win one, right, Yeah, Okay, I don't really like it at all anymore. It like my Shane Lowry's bet. I don't like that one too much right now.
Speaker 4: He wants.
Speaker 1: Shaye, did the deer curse cure you? Or that that potion that Dylan made for you?
Speaker 4: Dude, Danny. So there's a casino I told you all the casino we went to here in Venice. Yeah, Like, I fucking did great. Everybody that we went with did great. We all won fucking money. I was playing blackjack, playing roulette, Daddy leaves with a pocket full of money. It was fucking great. And then I hit keino. Well I just hit it for fifteen euro which is like three and a half bucks US. But I still hit it.
Speaker 1: But everything's good though. The curse has been lifted. After you collided with the.
Speaker 4: Deer, Danny. After I had that potion, I went in money in casinos. I got accepted, my nomination accepted the fucking soccer board, which never should have happened, marked my word. Yeah, I think it worked, Danny.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're all happy for you.
Speaker 5: The round of applause for Dylan for sure. Dylan, you should get ten percent of that casino money.
Speaker 3: I think so. I should probably get more than that.
Speaker 1: By the way, we did contact the Fountain Blue. Fountain Blue is going to hook you, guys up. I think it's Dylan and Ray are going to go out there to collect the earnings from Sammy p with the Super Bowl bet that he gave to the back room guys.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I'm going too. That's ridiculous. Oh you are going absolutely. You think Dylan and Ray you're gonna get a fucking date alone in a.
Speaker 1: Way, what do you mean a date.
Speaker 4: The two of them alone in Vegas? You're gonna come back hit Danny. I got to be there to stop.
Speaker 3: Everything's gay with you?
Speaker 4: You feel why might not invite it on this anyway?
Speaker 3: How you want to throw you want to throw those stones around? Sh I saw you in a fucking linen short shorts and linen button down the other day.
Speaker 4: Wow, people, I'm wearing right now. Let's just say the roommate packs for me. Let's just say it is Pride month and como I am he packed progressively?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling proud?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I'm gonna ally what the fucking y'll talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah? More of an access I think, But you're packing.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to Vegas. This is bullshit. What are we going to Vegas?
Speaker 3: It's uh July eleventh, which is a Friday to the thirteen.
Speaker 1: Is this after Tahoe?
Speaker 3: Yes, so we're already gonna be somewhat in that next the woods, although not remotely close. It's like a seven and a half hour drive.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's out west.
Speaker 1: I guess that's not Tahoe to Vegas. Yeah, yeah, that's probably pretty good.
Speaker 3: But that's a long drive for like a like thirty six hour trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but we're off the next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. That's actually also factored into this. If we had to be at work on Monday, we may have just reconcsised.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here, Elon Musk and Donald Trump go from besties to enemies. Uh shay, you got any any questions, any concern.
Speaker 4: Anything, talk about pride. My dad's are fighting. It was the worst fucking week of my life.
Speaker 3: Do you which one would you choose to live with?
Speaker 4: Oh? Dj t all day?
Speaker 3: Really? Probably?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I don't need somebody spiking my cereal with ketemene in the morning. I take a shit on a golden goose.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you don't want someone spiking your cereal with ketamine.
Speaker 4: I don't need it spiked. If I know what's going on, it's fine. But I'm Elon a freak man. Hgh ketamine hair plugs.
Speaker 3: No, dude, he did the like recently divorced person who just like went scorched earth and he came out He's like, I do regret some of my tweets from last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, having kids all over the world, Like, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: What does kenmine do?
Speaker 3: Uh it's a dissociative. Yeah, it's the best time. You don't want to have Dane.
Speaker 4: Don't talk bad about kedemine.
Speaker 3: That's a compliment.
Speaker 4: If you do ketamine in ghoses, it could be a fantastic, mind opening and thought provoking drug. If you do it like your uncle Shay did, you can fall into a k hole and never return. So there's choices you can make.
Speaker 3: You'll usually return eventually.
Speaker 4: It was my political platform. I'm trying to shoot out here. By the way, Sandy P wouldn't even know anybody here without me. I gotta go to Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you weren't not invited? We told you, Yeah, Ray, we did tell you about our that is true.
Speaker 1: That is yes.
Speaker 3: And you're like, oh, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, they brought it up. Yeah, they did bring it up, Shay, and and I there you.
Speaker 5: Coming really no interest? But no, we got I got that. We got to Haskell the next week. We gotta. We gotta figure out if you guys are gonna come down or not. The guys asked me, who do I want a table or not? I gotta give him an answer, all right, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let me recamp here. Uh bat Larry, Uh okay, Belmont, you didn't do well. Okay, see to win the series for two exact, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: It's no big deal.
Speaker 1: I mean it could happen, but it's probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's gonna happen anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, Dylan, Uh, you still got Panthers to win the series. Did you get Game two over six and a half goals?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, got that Pacers money line Game one? You got that. That was nice. You were on that too, Da, Yes, I was, Yes, I was. I got the Pacers winning it in six Pacers to win the title. You got that as well. Belmont did not go well with U Crudo to win and uh Rodriguez to win, and then your trifecta box didn't do well.
Speaker 3: You found out after the fact, or like right before the race. Crudo Bobby Flay's.
Speaker 4: Horse, m oh no wonder the name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why he's named after Fidn Crudo. It was he wasn't laid at the gates.
Speaker 1: That's great. I won the first let's see Shay and kind of hit or miss with baseball, and you didn't do any golf right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: God, no at leeds his two bets this week? Bad Larry still the clubhouse leader. You still have okay, se win four to two exact for plus four twenty five. You're us open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not looking good. Scotti Scheffler top ten, Xander top twenty, and Shane Lowry top twenty. I turned it on this morning. Shaneward was plus six watch the hole. I watched the eagle to get the plus four.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, so it's going to be a stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Xander was like plus five or so plus six O.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even see Xander, so well wow, okay, so those are the top twenties. Is even par gonna win it? Or is it going to be under par?
Speaker 1: Over par?
Speaker 4: It's over you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they will tighten it up a little bit, all right. So I those are my three golf bets. I have three baseball for Shae, because you's out of the country. Someone has to bet. The American pastime Mets giving one and a half runs, thank you, thank you, Shay one Mets giving one and a half for the Nationals. Yankees given one and a half runs. These are to the Kansas City Chiefs are Kansaity Royals, and the Astro is given one and a half for the White Sox. And I want to add a bat. I just saw it this morning and as there's seven games on a slate today and the Grand Salambi's under seventy and a half runs. They're they're not averaging ten ten runs a game. I want one unit on the under.
Speaker 3: That, okay, you know, and I'll ride that with you, Larry, I like that. I forgot about them. Yeah, squad ride.
Speaker 5: All jump on it. Because the method won the one ten game that starts it, and there's only seven games on the slate, there's gonna be a there's gonna be a four to two game that locks it up for.
Speaker 1: US Panthers e Oilers under six and a half goals for tonight's game four yep, okay.
Speaker 3: Going under that and obviously have them to win the series. For the US Open, Tommy Fleetwood to finally win plus seven thousand, my obligatory JM to win plus eleven thousand. I also have Shane Lowry top ten that was plus two ten. That's probably that plus five thousand right now. And I got Nieman, one of your guys, Dan top ten plus two twenty. He's a great player, been making some serious coin on LIV on the Lip Tour, on the Lift Tour, and then I got a little round one three ball parlay cam Smith, Nick Taylor, Sung JM to win their respective groupings today. That's plus twenty two to sixty.
Speaker 1: That should hit any NBA.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do a little series exact part or exact score Pacers to win in seven plus seven hundred.
Speaker 1: You also had either team erasing a twenty point or more deficit.
Speaker 3: Yep. So I think the biggest was fifteen right in game one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Dan, do they have to erase a deficit and win the game or just erase the deficit at.
Speaker 3: They have to erase and win?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: All right, all yeah, yeah, that's not going to happen. All right, Larry, I'm just something just my opinion, all right, Shay, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I got apparently golf just kicking my ass again. I got Auburt Lowry's ander, I'll in the top twenty. Apparently it's not going well, No, it's not. Oh I'm not well another ship. You know. It's like it's like you fucking turn on the TV and it's downhill swallowing on the rocks here, it's not Eurosports TV is not what you think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not there to watch TV.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but I do.
Speaker 1: I know but this is a romantic vacation.
Speaker 4: Strong word, strong strong word.
Speaker 3: You're there for the guy to lie to you about what was George Clooney's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gi SEPPI told you that George Clooney's house.
Speaker 4: I knew something was up.
Speaker 1: I think I think George used to have people come over there, and part of the tradition was you took off all your clothes and you jumped into the lake.
Speaker 4: Buy that for him and Diddy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he was having a white party or a freak out off, but I think the people who came over that they would have yet ray, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I see on a USA today that skinny dipping is a tradition in the Clooney household.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, So.
Speaker 4: I can't trust him.
Speaker 1: Why can't you trust him?
Speaker 4: You want to go over there for a normal game night. Maybe you bring him anopoly board. Maybe you bring a couple of glasses of water, and you walk in the door and you shave strip naked get in the water.
Speaker 1: That's weird, man, And you would have a problem if Sandra Bullock is over there and you go over there, and then you're going to go I didn't know it was this kind of party.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying I'd have a problem with it, but I'm not a normal person. Danny, how WEIRDO?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I might. I would prefer Sandra Bullock not see me naked.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Would your wife jump in shay with the roommate? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if dummy, if George Gooeny told you to tip your clothes off and jump in the lake, como, would you do it? Yeah? Well that's not really a fair question. Ick that out right? All right?
Speaker 1: What else? What do you have, Shay? Your golf is in trouble.
Speaker 4: Baseball America paths, I's a rounded by communists out here, Rocky's Rangers, moneyline Parlay, It's like a lot of they're both plus two something bank bank juicy.
Speaker 1: Uh, Rockies money line Giants, Rangers, money line Twins parlay plus six hundred.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, Danny, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Anything else we need to know, bad Larry? Uh? Anything we needed to know from the Jersey Shore?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I sent Jack Steimel up there this morning. He's gonna be staying with Nolan tonight. They tried to drag me, but uh, I already have plans for this afternoon, so I couldn't come. I was going to surprise the guys in the studio, but then it didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't want to hear it that it never works out.
Speaker 5: You might get a call from Noles and Steime. That's all I'm telling you. He's saying, over and Laurels. Laurel's in London setting up the rehearsal dinner or something. So Nolan by himself, what if I had? You know, what if my half hour doesn't work out this afternoon, I might come up tonight for just just to go out.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you want to?
Speaker 5: I wanted to? But we have plans, Marybith and I have plans like shortly.
Speaker 3: Why do we have you have to get canceled on in order to see us, Larry, these plans came up first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your wife would be fine without you, Larry. I'm just saying, I know you.
Speaker 5: You guys keep saying that, but it doesn't seem to word.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you try it? Why didn't you try it? Why don't you Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, don't think I didn't ask. Hey, hand, I'm gonna drive up with Jack tomorrow morning and do the show and.
Speaker 1: Can you be known as bad Larry and you can't even get out of the house without permission?
Speaker 5: I set the house, but overnights, her little say he wants to stand overnights cause a little problem.
Speaker 1: Why, bro, I'd rather that you stayed over and didn't drive home after drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess Dan, I tried and it didn't work out. That's simple as that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, so, yeah, I got a happy hour and probably forty five minutes we'll start it up. Beautiful day down here, you Shay Ray dealing all the guys, invite any time you want?
Speaker 4: You know that?
Speaker 1: Oh no, why don't you come up to figure that out?
Speaker 4: On the calendar offline? I really got to set this ship up. We gotta go to mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why didn't you one?
Speaker 5: Okay, Larry, So that's July nineteenth.
Speaker 4: I know I'm going.
Speaker 5: I'm going. I just want to know why I need how many? How many seats? I needed the table? I saw all I need to know. And if you if you don't show, it's not that big a deal because I'm going to be there with a bunch of people anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't want to, you know, entertain your your college buddies. Okay, Larry, Okay.
Speaker 5: When when when your neighbor calls you just say you're busy, You're busy tonight, No big deal.
Speaker 1: No, It'll be a text and I'll just say I'm busy.
Speaker 5: You should say Battlas's not there, I'm not coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you were there, then I would be there.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that it'd be.
Speaker 1: You and me versus John and Jack and and anything. Anything totally yeah, uh shay, anything parting words. When are you back by the way from Italy?
Speaker 4: Gummy? When all we back Saturday?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anything else you'd like to add, You're back on Saturday.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be happy to come back to the state. Got to say, Europe this time around, they're doing they're doing pretty good. That's something. They're doing pretty good with the management of people and things. Some those nice nice as ship they weren't lying about this day.
Speaker 1: Who'd you live there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hell yeah, I mean i'd make them all speak English, but I could look here. You're so much better than the Connecticut a dowing Americans.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is, no, no, we're not doing this. We're not doing this. We're not doing this.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it all took un till the end for that, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, uh doyling anything to add.
Speaker 3: No, I'm still kind of recovering. I think it's gonna be Manjar of Summer. Yeah, I'm just gonna get shredded. Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Zach, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, four people have peptied with rfkpt tide stem cells manjaro.
Speaker 1: Uh picture day, ray.
Speaker 3: I got nothing. Just remember what Stefan Diggs taught us while you're on the boat.
Speaker 4: Shay, wow, no problem, right, alright.
Speaker 1: No cameras, Yeah you can have the pink stuff. There's no cameras.
Speaker 4: There's no pink cocaine in Italy, dude, non zero even hunting no, yeah, just kidding me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh well that'll do it. Yeah, it's it's another award nominated episode of Dan Patrick takes a Gamble for p A ray for Dylan for Marvin asked to put up with this Shae in uh, Shane and Irving in Italy and bad Larry at the Jersey Shore. We'll talk to you next week. Until then, good luck,