Speaker 1: Sabrina. Yes, well, off, mic, you said something that's very important, which is that we have not done a frey A check.
Speaker 2: We have not done a fray A skycheck.
Speaker 1: We were at what three hundred thousand last time, I.
Speaker 3: Believe, so somewhere No, no, no, no, no, no, it was like five something.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is one point one million, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh in a matter of what three months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what one point one million followers? Now, oh for our god Praya skycheck.
Speaker 3: Good for her because she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I think from now on. By the way, I'm sorry, but I am going to be calling this little segment we do sky News sky News very much. So that is the new segment that we're doing. And the sky News update is yeah, one point one million. You called it, You totally called it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. But she got a chance to do the best thing in the world, which is actually get up on stage do these songs that these fans are so in love with. How did we not go because it was literally right after the premiere and you were bonkers with your schedule and I was like tired. I mean I did a press conference and like I never.
Speaker 1: Get out ever. Yeah, yeah, so okay, I can't believe we missed that though.
Speaker 2: That's right when we should have gone.
Speaker 3: To I'm sure it was so amazing. We will have a chance to do it again. They will bring.
Speaker 2: It on ourselves.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you do. I'll do all the descendant songs. You do all the zombie songs, and we'll go from there. You do all the dancing. I'll just sit in a chair and badly sing.
Speaker 3: And see if we can sell, and also judge, because that's what your other one of your other podcast is is now you're a professional dance judge.
Speaker 1: So there you get come pretty damn good at it. If if I'm good, thank you. Have you been listening to pods?
Speaker 3: Have you're hilarious?
Speaker 1: Are we right?
Speaker 3: I mean yes, but like no, it's like it's like yeah, okay, but I think the whole point is about it's so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: We're having fun.
Speaker 1: But anyway, welcome back to this podcast, but just magical. Rewind the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pj's and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the Housers are smart. The Waves, Tsunamis and Miss Sky only had three hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 3: I'm Wilfredll and I'm Sabriena Bryant.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody, spooky season rolls on, but this week we're not only focusing on the scares.
Speaker 2: We're checking out a sequel.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's two thousand and seven spell binding follow up to a DCOM favorite. It's Twitches to Electric Boogaloo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wish that was the name.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's just Twitches Too. But let's not get it twisted. That is spelled T, not two or the number two. It's Twitches also, essentially is what.
Speaker 2: The title means.
Speaker 1: This movie aired on October twelfth, two thousand and seven, and it's proximity to Halloween should come as no surprise. It's the Witch and Black Magic focus sequel to two thousand and fives Twitches, and was the only this is kind of amazing the only non musical dcom sequel for fifteen years until they eventually aired under Wraps two.
Speaker 2: This time It's.
Speaker 1: Personal in twenty twenty two. Twitches Too was also later referred to as The Witches of Coventry two for reasons I couldn't really figure out Sabrina any theories on why it would later get a name change, is it because it still rhymes with what? I don't know. What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean Coventry is where they're from, right, so they were like defending. We're in a movie where they're defending the Coventry again. So I guess that's what it is. That would be that'd be my take at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why wouldn't it just be Twitches to the whole time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It definitely wasn't really necessary necessary.
Speaker 2: It doesn't like, you know, it didn't add to anything.
Speaker 3: Or No, no, there was nothing missing with twitches too in anything right correct?
Speaker 1: But no matter the title, it was a big hit for the channel, drawing in just under seven million viewers on its first run and marking the debut of a little show called Wizards of Waverly Place. Yes that's right. The eventual Seminal TV show premiered it's pilot right after this movie aired, forever changing what was to come for Disney especially, we came to the eventual face of the network. Somebody who is I've been doing some research on her name is Selena Gomezie if I'm pronouncing it right. No, nos Selena.
Speaker 3: She is amongst the royalty Rushmore, she is a giant for the Channel, Princess Selena Gomez and ugh, she's not just the cutest thing in the world and now just the most gorgeous woman with such a great calling for all things talent and like humanitarian. I'm obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: You are? Is she the murders in the building? One? She is?
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes she is, and she kills it.
Speaker 2: She's so good.
Speaker 3: She's so good.
Speaker 1: She just got married too, apparently did she?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I missed that, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently not that.
Speaker 3: Mikayla's over there shaking her head at me.
Speaker 2: I could feel it through this weekend.
Speaker 1: She got married? Yeah, yeah, okay, well, congratulations yes.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Usually in dcom sequels, Disney uses their big legal department to make sure all the original stars returned, but with Twitches Too, that was not the case. Eventual Shit's Creek star Jennifer Robinson, who played Elina in the first film, was replaced by Leslie Seeler I think that's how you say her name is Syler, and David Ingram did not return as Aaron, instead replaced by Kevin Jubenville. So are two kind of favorite characters from the first one that we loved.
Speaker 2: They replaced both the actors.
Speaker 1: Wonder why they filmed the movie in Toronto or Toronto as you say it if you're from there, a very predictable location for a d com, and they utilize one of Toronto's most famous spots, Castle Loma. It's a Gothic revival castle that is a landmark in Canada and was once the residence of financier Sir Henry Pellett. You may have even recognized it for movies like X Men Strange Brew.
Speaker 2: Which is one of the greatest movies of all time.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen it, Sabrino, we need to talk Scott Pilgrim, the Tuxedo and the music video for a Drake and Future song Wait for You.
Speaker 2: I don't know what any of those.
Speaker 1: Last words mean. This also ushered in a bit of a new era for dcoms when it comes to special effects. We will get into that Twitches to utilize a lot of green screen and special effects, which is something that we are very used to now, obviously with zombies and descendents, but this was one of their first real moves towards that. Much more than the original Twitches. Did you notice they did a lot of effects.
Speaker 3: They did a lot.
Speaker 1: Did you like them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't either.
Speaker 3: They looked really cheesy. This You know, again, it's hard because we are bouncing all over the spectrum of these d coms, and after seeing so many things that we've seen, now going back to that and it's like, oh man, yeah, they might have been totally cutting edge for two thousand and seven, but I just can't remember. I mean not really, because that was like after the days of I mean maybe for the Channel, but you're talking like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You're talking about like eras of like vampires and different special effects even just like kind of makeup stuff. There was nothing like that. No, but I feel like cosmetics might have been a little bit cheaper and.
Speaker 1: Lots better, maybe because I thought just a lot of it didn't look great to me.
Speaker 2: I just really didn't.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that's amazing to me, because these effects didn't look great to me. But they cranked up the budget so it wasn't cheap. So the research you were able to do the reported budget for this movie in two thousand and seven, A decom was twenty six point five million dollars way, which is a massive investment for the Channel, especially in two thousand and seven. That's thirty seven billion dollars now or whatever the hell that would be in in today's dollars. But that's ridiculous huge, And it didn't look that great for a budget that big.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean, you've got the twins in it. They are talk about dcom royalty. I mean you've got so yes, it's like, you know, I feel like for them to get them to jump on board to do a second one, they were gonna have to push up this budget. You know, didn't look great, didn't translate like you was, but you know, this was this was again not a lot of magic. I mean, at this point in two thousand and seven, what did we have Halloween down? Yes, and any I mean well, and then we had the movie that we just watched recently with the bubbles that were flying in the air.
Speaker 2: Oh godbe.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, yeah, there wasn't. It just doesn't seem like the Channel was able to had honed this kind of aspect in within their actual d coms just yet.
Speaker 2: So agreed, So we knew of Twitches too.
Speaker 1: Considering we mentioned it during Twitches one, but were you excited about seeing the second chapter? A? And then sub question, did you remember anything from the first movie before you turn this one on?
Speaker 3: Okay, I did remember the first movie. I specifically remembered the necklace because I had a lot to say about the necklaces the first one. And they're back.
Speaker 1: Yes, the giant necklaces are back.
Speaker 3: Dienormous necklaces are back. I remember that. That's how they came together. I couldn't remember where. I remember the storyline where we see again the mom and the dad that had raised one of the twins, but I couldn't remember where the other twin came from. That's when that was tripping me up in the beginning, a little bit of not really remembering her storyline of who raised her and where she was coming from. There are a lot of questions though, as I kept going through the movie going wait what, Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was the same way by the way I remembered. I remembered enough of the movie that by the time this movie started and they did the very mini recap, then I was right back on board, Like I was like, Okay, I remember everything about the first movie.
Speaker 3: Now because yeah, which is so, And I don't remember one thing. I couldn't really really remember. And of course when you kind of go just back and look at pictures, I feel like the twins never aged, but how they They seemed to have aged out of the first movie pretty drastically because we're now like kind of.
Speaker 2: More like they're supposed to be twenty one.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like in college. They're not going to a high school. If that was supposed to be high school that.
Speaker 2: They No, No, that was college. Yeah, No, that was college they're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: So they've definitely had like an age thing with the twins, so and their characters. But I couldn't really remember. Were they in high school the first one? Were they like quite a few years younger?
Speaker 1: No? No, I think she was still in college, wasn't she?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think Tamara was in college. Okay, Mara's character was in college and TIA's wasn't. Oh god, see, this is why we have to watch the first one again. Anyway, this is one of our problems that but this is one of our problems is that we do the sequels so separate.
Speaker 3: From each other.
Speaker 1: Like I was thinking today I was like, did have we done Xenon two yet? And we haven't, And I'm gonna have to go back and watch zen On one because I don't remember anything from Xenon one, the fact that she's like an alien or whatever. So yeah, like we got to figure I gotta I know, you know what I mean, she lives on the space station. Yes, yeah, so you know it's like, yeah, maybe we got to start watching these closer to each other, but I like spacing them out.
Speaker 2: But then I don't remember what that what the hell are?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I but to answer your question, yes, anything with the two of them in I'm on board because they were They talked about nostalgia, talk about just good such great actors they were. They are such such good actors, and for me, like a huge part of my childhood was watching them grow up on Sister Sister, you know, so I was excited just to see where this one, where this one went, and then you know, I hit some bumps along the way, and then let's talk about it, the lost let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's first remember that it's almost time for the solar eclipse, so get ready to free your dad from the shadows. But first the synopsis, Twin Witches Alex and Cameron returned to Coventry to strengthen their magical powers and protect their kingdom, but when an old evil force re emerges, they must learn to trust each other and save both worlds. The movie is directed by Stuart Gillard, a very interesting name in the lex kind of d coms. We've talked about the Canadian writer, producer and actor before. He directed Full Court Miracle, Hatching Pete, the Return of Shaggy Dog, the Original Twitches, but most notably, he made Going to the Mat, So he's got some great ones in his in his resume there. He would later go on to work on Teenage Mutant, Ninja, Turtles three, and TV shows like Charmed one, Tree Hill, Nino two and zero, and Jane the Virgin. Like the original of the movie, stars the lej Deerry moo Re twins Tia and Tamara, best known for their sitcom Sister Sister. They both also appeared in movies like Hot Chick and a reality show about their family from twenty eleven to twenty.
Speaker 2: Thirteen, which did Not Know Exist.
Speaker 1: They would eventually separate into individual performers, Tia now focusing on cooking projects, while also voicing Sasha in All Things Brats.
Speaker 2: While you've seen.
Speaker 1: Tamara on the talk show The Real and as a regular on the Hallmark Channel, Kristen Wilson returns as Miranda. She played Lisa Doolittle and the Eddie Murphy version of Doctor Doolittle and appeared in movies like Bulletproof and Walking Tall. It seems she left the business in twenty eleven, and then Patrick Fabi, an old friend of mine, is the villain Fantos. A well known character actor. He's been seen in tons of TV shows, including Tracker, Lucifer, and the Newsroom, but most of our listeners will recognize him as Howard Hamlin in The Breaking batspin off Better Call Saul. He was also on Friends. He's done everything, and he and I did a pilot together. He is a very very nice guy. And the movie runs, Oh I just need a moment, people, A very very impressive age three minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I've ever been this proud of a film. It's well below the target seven minutes under ninety in fact, and just an overall breeze to watch. I've had longer messages, so kudos to those who made this decision.
Speaker 3: That's our boys too. I feel like when we have his movies, they are always under the mark. Very rarely has any of his movies been over the night.
Speaker 2: It's true. Like here you go, here's a movie. It's eighty minutes long, Relliant and.
Speaker 1: The movie was written by another familiar name, Dan Berenson. He was a writer and executive ducer of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and wrote a plethora of great d coms. Here's the list again, people camp Rock to Hannah, Montana the movie, The Wizard of Waverley Place movie, and Eddie's Million Dollar Cookoff.
Speaker 2: Dude, just play baseball and cook you can do them both.
Speaker 1: So everybody, now, why don't you hold onto your vanquishing spell because we need all the magic we can get.
Speaker 2: It's time to break down twitches also, which is technically what it is.
Speaker 1: We open on the luminous Castle of Coventry and immediately notice they have spent way more money on the effects. Right off the bat, although it still didn't look great. We get a small narrated reminder of what's happened so far, which, if you need a refresher, goes a little something like this.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna do it in a funny voice.
Speaker 1: Years ago, Voices of Darkness tried to take over Coventry, and in the process, instead of twins, Alex and Cameron were bowing. That's all I'm giving you. That's really kind of what it was. Are we a fan of the creative twin names where they have the same first letter in rhymes like Tia tamara or do you like the two totally unrelated names twins, I.
Speaker 3: Ta Tamara like all the way, I've got twins friends that are Mina and Marinakarina and Carisa. That is the way to go with twins in wow, full blown opinion. It makes it twins really crazy, makes it really hard. You're constantly be calling being called the wrong name. I'm sure. Oh yeah, but whatever, you're twins. You have a luxury.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I grew up with two twins born on Christmas Day, Holly and Noel.
Speaker 3: Oh my very nice.
Speaker 2: I forget that for as long as I thank you. Never forget that.
Speaker 1: I dated Noel. My friend dated Holly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Well we were in the fifth grade, so it was very serious.
Speaker 1: Back to the origin here, the twins were separated and hidden in another dimension and then twenty one years later, the sisters literally running to each other and returned to their homeland of Coventry, where they defeated their evil uncle Fantos. After destroying Darkness Forever, a large optimistic claim on their part, they met their mom and everything seemed honky dory until they needed a sequel, and then the dory was no longer honky. So we jumped to present day Cameron and Alex's mom, the Queen Miranda, is on the castle balcony, seemingly stressed about something. She picks up a bound hardcover book and looks at it, and it's a painted portrait of Fantos, but it's not it's actually her deceased husband.
Speaker 2: She admits she misses him, then leaves.
Speaker 1: Once in the hallways, we see she's being followed by a ghost of sorts, a spirit shadow that whispers her name, though she doesn't see the apparition. She seems scared. She tries to lock herself in, but little does she know, the spirit has already entered. And here's where I was. My fantasy brain went no no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no. How is the entire shadow world one small hallway. Yes, that's it. It's one hallway that's eight feet long. Is the shadow world?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: This is what we get for twenty seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: This is the start of the special effects too. I mean besides the like green screened, you know, kind of castle type thing. This is the start where you see what the shadow is and you're going, I have to pretend like that looks like anything real, right, And it's the start of something that I'm gonna have to just repeat myself when it comes to Sabrina Seas. The amount of times these people are alone and ask is anyone there? This is when we get the first one. Yes, Miranda. Those squeaks are like, it's like turn and run, hello.
Speaker 1: Don't They're saying it's going like Miranda, and she's like, is anyone there? It's saying your name in the one hallway?
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 3: The answer is start sprinting as fast as you can to wherever type of safety you have. Don't ask about what who's there? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, is there also a reason why the only way to get to your office is through the shadow world? Like this hallway it connects to his office.
Speaker 3: That's but yeah, but it seems like this is a part of the castle. It's like the west Wing and Beauty and the Beast that like you do not go into anymore. It's not really a part like Miranda seems to be the one that goes in there.
Speaker 1: You know, official another hallway, build another hallway to get you to the office. You shouldn't have to go through the nine foot shadow world to get to your office. It just seems strange.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Oh man, oh, Michayla's saying that this movie scared her watching it was this time.
Speaker 1: I should hope so well.
Speaker 2: I hope it's scared her because the effects are so bad.
Speaker 1: She's like, this is scary. How they spent all this money and I can't tell where it went. But yes again, tien ta merit. They save it because they're great. Anyway, she doesn't see the apparition, seems scared, locks herself in the quarters, but spirits already entered the room. And now we're back on Earth. Cameron is eating a chef prepared breakfast in her large mansion with her parents. She didn't get a lot of sleep because her sister Alex, who she's just reunited with, was up all night stressing about college and drawing images that look like they're from the castle. And this is when I remembered, like, oh, that's right, she draws stuff, and all this stuff comes true that she draws her the stories that she tells her Mom encourages her to give it some time to settle in, especially since she's just learning magic with a lot of mistakes along the way. She's also been getting some visions and she knows something has felt very wrong lately. Now we're in Alex's bedroom. She's still asleep when a shadowy fog like the one she saw before, seeps into her room. We see a hand form from it. It's about to grab her and do what who knows? And also why does it have to grab her because it just floats through other people takes over their bodies, so why not just float into her to take over her body?
Speaker 2: Why does it have to grab her?
Speaker 1: But okay, so yeah, that's when Cameron enters her room, scaring the hand with a scream. Cameron uses magic to flip up her sister's cot, trapping her against the wall but saving her from the weird hand force. The bed eventually falls back down and the sisters are at each other's throats, Cameron swears that she saw something. In retaliation, Alex turns her sister blue, much like what was her name? Violet Beauregard in Willie Mutton Chocolate Factory, and Camera responds by giving her sister a tale. As they argue, their parents watch on, confused on what to do, but her dad spots a shadowy figure running in the hallway, but thinks it's just his eyes playing tricks on him. And now we're back at breakfast, Emil. This family apparently loves eating, because that's all they eat the entire movie. It's just breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, Alex thinks. Alex thanks everyone for letting her stay while she goes back to school or tries to get into college. And despite this new life for Alex, she continues to bicker back and forth with Cameron. But before they can really fight, we hear a splash, something huge touch down in their pool, and lo and behold, it's Carsionalalina, the fast talking guardian Angels who looked after the Twins and Twitches won and despite some pretty terrible green screen, it was nice to see them again, don't you think, Sabrina yes, even though they's different, but she's different. I mean, the woman from Shit's Creek was hysterical.
Speaker 3: So funny, Yeah, so funny. But you know, I feel like that. I feel like I mean, I know we talked about it in the intro, but it does seem like that happens pretty easily. And a lot of the either dcoms or the shows, like they come back and they've been recast.
Speaker 1: I think Disney is famous for if somebody says, hey, we're doing a sequel at like a little bit of a raise and it's not Tia and Tamara, and it's not somebody who's integral to the story, they gonah, we'll replace you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's they just it's like, hey, we're making movies for twelve year olds. A lot of them are not going to recognize the fact that this person is different.
Speaker 3: Or you give them like a really quick storyline. So and so had to go do this for a semi reschool program.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, and then you're done and that's what happened. Uh So, Yeah, that's that's where we get it. It's also if you watch them this scene back, it looks very much like they reverse the footage so they probably stood at the end of the pool, shook it out and then jumped into the water, and then they reverse it to look like they jump out of the pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like it does. Yeah, that's a big that's a big thing with.
Speaker 3: The magic with your vases and stuff. Ye, that's how it looks like they did all that.
Speaker 2: They broke, broke a lot of vases with magic. I hate to be it's if there's magic about it, always a vase.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really weird, right, yes, strange. Well, the whole family is excited to see them, so they run out to greet them with pancakes because still eating breakfast, and Carshonallina announced they're getting married a Guardian Angel union and they want the girls there for the wedding. And while celebrating, carshpots Cameron's sketchbook and is visibly worried. He notices their father's family. Crest Alex also admits she's been dreaming about him every night. But Aaron died the night the twins were born, so maybe these girls are just going crazy. This is also the first time the girls hear their dad is dead, so that was a cool way to find out. Also, they're visiting the girls because their mom would like to see them pronto. Alex is not excited about this trip. She has college to attend, so she just leaves, while Cameron, on the other hand, is excited for the royal title that awaits her. Now we're at Coventry. Miranda hugs Cameron, relieved to see she's safe and ready to secure the castle, but won't explain why. With Alex starting college, they have to make do without her. But with that, Cameron has taken away to change and meet with Elena to start some sort of magic spell tutoring, which she needs. But once Cameron's gone, the angels are not very happy with the Queen with how much she's sugarcoating the castle's problems. They know that something evil is moving through the shadow Lands, which again is that very small hallway, and they think it's Thantos. That he's still alive and if he regains human form, he will go after the twins. First, just stay out of that hallway. And now we're at Waverley University for Alex's first day. She's trying to find her way around campuspite upbeat pop music. She's lost and still being followed by that same black smoke. She's stopped by a guy who thinks he knows her, which is very confusing for Alex. He says he's surprised to see her new haircut, and though she pretends to know him, she has no clue who she is. But he does call her Cam, so that's not right. And then Beth walks up a friend from the first movie. She also thinks this is Cameron at first, but realizes quickly that it's Alex. Also, that guy was Cameron's ex boyfriend, Marcus Warburton. Great dcom name, by the way, Marcus Warburton. It's been a minute since we've added a good name to the dcom list. I don't know if this one makes the cut for the dcom list best.
Speaker 3: Name, No, but it's good one.
Speaker 1: But it's a solid name. Marcus Warburton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, definitely good.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems Cameron broke up with Marcus Warburton two weeks ago, and by the way, it's all I'm gonna call him is Marcus.
Speaker 2: I'm using his whole name every time, and.
Speaker 1: They don't talk anymore, but we can tell Alex thinks he's hot, and Beth promises not to tell Cameron anything about this, but that's a total lie because she immediately texts her every single detail.
Speaker 2: Good friend, that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Cameron is getting fitted for a princess dress and tiara, which I think everyone should wear all the time. Back at the castle, she stumbles on a magic book and tries one of its spells, making some again flowers in a vase or vase levitate, then fly at rocket speed towards the door. Luckily, it's caught by another cute boy, Dmitri, who hands it back to Cameron. She drops it, then, breaking into pieces because she's so taken with his looks. He advises her to stop trying so hard, advice most people in the world could.
Speaker 2: Follow, and he elludes that he's a prince.
Speaker 1: She leaves to find Alina, taking a magic book and stumbling along the way. Did you know this guy.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a prince right away?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Of course? Like this was not secret, right yeah.
Speaker 3: There, I feel like we would have known, Like, I don't know, it just made it. It was an obvious.
Speaker 1: I agree it was not a good red herring. But once she's gone, Felix, another suited guy walks in. He's disturbed by what he overheard. Dmitri is in fact not a prince. Wait what? And he has no magical powers. He actually works in the kitchen. We're back at the college now, Marcus.
Speaker 2: I'm saying his whole name again.
Speaker 1: Marcus Warburton finds Alex Beth told him it's Cam's sister, but that doesn't stop him from just cutting to the chase and asking her out, even though he just dated her identical twin. A may have that kind of confidence to just ask out my ex girlfriend's twin sister, but b doesn't that kind of make him creepy right off the bat, that you're asking out your yes ex's twin sister.
Speaker 3: They're not just like twins like somewhat look like either. They're no identical, Like there's only one thing that is different, right, one.
Speaker 2: Has like a mole a birth mark.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: A birthmark?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's me, that is it.
Speaker 3: And so yes, it's weird.
Speaker 2: And creepy and yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: So and I love the way they played it for her too, like she kind of had the ick like you're cute but ill.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was my sister. Yeah, yeah, Alex says it's a terrible idea, which it is, so Marcus Warburton tries to sugarcoat it by saying they broke up because they didn't have much in common, which does not in fact make it any better. Alex leaves Marcus Warburton behind, and he's immediately overtaken by the Black Fog Shadow. He responds by asking Alice if he could walk her home. She agrees, but something's up. So the Black Shadow can just go through you and take over your body. So why did it need a hand with the sister?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand what, Carl, do you feel like it was just to let us know that it is in fact taking over people's bodies because nothing to keep going because nothing comes like this, Like the Shadow already knows where they live right in this realm, so he didn't need to go. But it wasn't like that's how he was figuring out where they live, you know what I mean? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nothing happens with the entire Marcus Warburton storyline because literally at the end, you don't know, like who is this guy dating?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Like none of this makes any We'll get into it we'll get into it. So yes, we now go back to the castle where we rejoined camera, and now with half of her body stuck in a wall, a spell has gone horribly wrong and she's crying for help. She's eventually helped by Karsh and Alina, but the duo can't stay long. They're off to deal with a looming force on Earth. And now alone and out of the wall, Cameron runs the hallways. Spooked by a mysterious door opening all by itself, she enters, with the butler friend of Dmitri Felix following close behind. It all leads to a big spiral staircase, where the black Fog attacks Felix and then continues for Cameron. She eventually lands in a big room filled with gargoyles and a large, very deep well that's obviously the large, very deep well room, and as she gazes into it, the black fog creeps in and grows a hand again occasionally just growing a hand, but instead of pushing her in, it drops a gold ring engraved with a moon, which.
Speaker 2: We recognize as her father's crest.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Alex is doing schoolwork when she hears a mysterious voice whisper arta mess, and even weirder, Marcus, who remember might be possessed, is just staring at the house from across the street. This is exactly what we're talking about. None of this pays off in any way paper form does. Does anything with the black fog taking people over have anything to do with anything except maybe later with the dad.
Speaker 3: At the very end, at the very end, But really, no, no, no, it doesn't really like control them to where they cause chaos in any sense. Once when with the shadow, you know, consuming their body. Nothing, it's just again I don't know what it was, just to let us know that the uncle was there, right, I.
Speaker 1: Got, yeah, I know. It just it just doesn't pay off. It just doesn't pay off in any way, shape or form. It was about this time where I was like, huh, man, I should watch go into the mat again anyway. That is when Cameron returns home through the portal which is in the closet. Of course, she has the ring, but is now more concerned about the whole Marcus situation.
Speaker 2: I won't say his name the whole time, which.
Speaker 1: Is right because her ex now wants to date her twin and that seems very very Jerry Springer. But the ring isn't Alex thinks is another sign that their dad is still alive. She knows he's trapped in a place called the shadow Lands, and so they go and tell Miranda, but a storm takes over their room, slamming doors shut with large gusts of wind. It's Carson Alina entering with bad news. Fantos is back, so the girls rush back to Coventry, confused, how is he alive? Miranda explains that apparently whatever was left of him clung to life in the shadow Lands. The girls shoot each other, look, this is where they think their dad is too. Miranda Devil's she felt a dark presence in the castle lately, and once Felix was attacked, she knew she was onto something. She thinks it's Thantos hopping dimensions and hopes they're not too late to stop him from regaining his human form. The girls are told they're the only ones that can stop him, and so they were the only ones that could do it in the first place, now the only ones that can do it again. It seems like with all the magic in the land, the fact that these two young twitches, it's like it's all on them, and now they even point that out. At one point they're like, hey, maybe we could get some help from you, and like our guardians and everyone around us with Matt, you think, yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Just like, why are we leaving this up? The like ultimate of saving the entire realm or whatever this place is called, is left on the shoulders of two ding dongs that don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Two rookies.
Speaker 3: It's like when I left my friend with Ledger and she was like, you left a rookie for dinner time and you gave me Rice. Why'd you give me Rice? With Ledger? All he did was to throw it everywhere. Of course, see, totally bad, smart, totally bad move on my part.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite jokes of all time is from Mitch Hedberg, who said, I love Rice.
Speaker 2: It's great when you're hungry and want two thousand of something. Great joke.
Speaker 1: Miranda says that in two days there will be a solar eclipse, which means the girls will be more powerful than ever apparently, so they'll need to perform the Vanquishing spell to destroy everything in the shadow Lands, which they realize will also kill their dad, which they think is there but maybe that's just a nice way to clean up that one hallway, which is apparently all of the shadow lands. Miranda is shocked to hear they think Aaron is alive and insists, even with the ring they found, their dad is dead. She searched for years, and she believes all these signs are just the evil work of fantos. Carcionalalina are instructed to teach the girls the vanquishing spell, but when the girls try to perform it, they completely flub it, charring Carsonalalina like a broken barbecue. Once the sisters get it together, they bust out a signature Go Twitches Dance, only broken up when Cameron spots Dimitri, who ran by holding a giant golden ball for some reason. Even though she's shouting at him, he won't stop. He eventually does stop and continues the facade that he's a prince, even though he has to dodge anything regarding performing magic. He asks out Cameron and she screams yes. A nearby Carsionalalna then order tea and sandwiches from him, revealing he really just works in the kitchen. They actually treat him like kind of a dick. He admits he's not a prince and walks off humiliated, but Alex chases after him. He begs her not to get him into trouble, but she makes him feel beat her about everything.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: She encourages him to keep going for Cameron because it's obvious she likes him and it's not like dating her twin or anything like that, which is what Marcus Welby MD is up to. By the way, you never get a good Marcus Welby MD. You don't even know what that is, do you?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: There was a show I think it's called Marcus WELLBMD back in like the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, this is me and what I know about.
Speaker 1: I don't know about this Selena Gomez and the marriages. But you talk about Marcus WELLBMD and I'll be there. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Yes, but Dmitri does have a favor to ask. He wants to borrow some magic. He wants to do something special for Cameron, and when she agrees, we also hear Dmitri scream a concerned Carson. Alena run in, and Cameron accuses the boy of being pantos, so she trapped him in a teapot. She thinks since he doesn't have magic, she can't trust him. She thought everyone in the castle had magic, but that's not the case. Miranda made it this random Plom's starting to like less and less. I'll be honest with you. It's only the Royals and the Protectors can have magic. She took it from everybody else. This idea infuriates Cameron, and rightly so, and so, of course, we go back to the college campus. Cameron pulls up in her convertible portie and finds Beth, who's happy to see her real life friend again. Alex is in the cafeteria with Marcus, studying, so that rat Beth snitches her out yet again, and then we get a little switcheroo scene here. So let me see if I can explain this correctly. Try to follow me. Alex leaves Marcus, so Cameron uses magic to change into Alex's clothes and take her place at the table, and also notice covered her. So I okay, I wondered when they did the old switcheroo, why didn't why they didn't have them just playing themselves, you know what I mean? Like, why didn't Tia keep playing but it wasn't. They covered her birthmark with makeup, and so she's playing her sister, playing herself.
Speaker 2: Yes, yikes, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I feel like they have to.
Speaker 1: I like that they did that.
Speaker 3: I feel like they'd have to because if, especially if you're someone like me who watched their show so much, they were never doing that. They were never doing like what a normal twin thing when they're younger, like on Full House and stuff like right, they were always playing themselves in their show. And I feel like, especially if I'd watched this closer to when I was watching the show show, you'd probably notice that. I think they act very differently. I think they've got big differences, you know what I mean, And so I feel like you would notice that'd be crazy.
Speaker 2: I also like the idea that they had.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm going to dress her up like my twin and I'm gonna pay so but it was it was Yeah, it's confused.
Speaker 3: It was fun for them. It's I'm sure it's it was fun for them to do.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: So Alex leaves Marcus, so Cameron uses magic to change into Alex's clothes and take her place at the table. This confuses him, but whoever it is is trying to date him again, so that's good. But then now Alex sees this happening from afar. No, she needs to fix this, so Alex turns into Cameron and interrupts the conversation. Now we have the twins pretending to be each other. Two sisters continue to bick her, forcing Marcus well BMD to eventually just get up and leave. Now without a stupid man in between them, they realize they can actually have to trust each other, just in time for Cameron to admit she lied. Marcus actually broke up with her for being self centered and shallow on the more pressing matters, though they're still convinced their dad is out there alive. They take another look at Alex's drawings and they realize she's been depicting a door in the castle that they need to find. They return to Coventry after some mediocre magic and quickly find the area sketch, but there's no door. This is when she drove the Porsche up the side of a building, which again I was sitting there going like wow, really really easy way to die if you're just throwing magic around like my god.
Speaker 2: So, yes, they find the.
Speaker 1: Area from the sketch, but there's no door. But once they walk into the wall, they walk right through it and into the dark cave. Yes, that one small hallway a black and now purple shadow. Fog Monster roars and starts to chase them. The girls outrun the shadow, ending up in their dad's study, closing the door just in time. Is this the only time we ever saw a purple.
Speaker 2: M I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I think no, I think we do see it purple again. I can't remember that. I can't. I think we do. But now it can't go.
Speaker 1: Through doors, right it can?
Speaker 3: Now it's changed.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, Now my question is this is the thing that was never actually discussed in any way shape or form. Is one of the shadows in fact their dad and the other one is Santos? Yes, so that was their dad. That maybe the dad is still trapped in the phantom world, but Fantos can still get out.
Speaker 3: We never really one hundred percent know that, like what, we don't, even at some point it's made to feel like they're there. He's tricking the twins right like at the and then but like like who when they got the ring that I don't know. There was nothing, no way to really ever tell what shadow was, what character I agree on, which was confusing. It was really confusing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely hard to follow one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Uh yes. So and then they get a jump scare for Miranda, who's just hanging out in the study her dead husband, her dead husband's favorite room in the castle. She swears everything they're finding from their quote unquote dad is actually just Santo's deceiving them and they need to trust her. We also get a flashback of when Miranda and Aaron met and dance for an entire night. He gave her a star from the North sky as at present when they said goodbye, and yes it was a real star. I know I want you to get me for crazy, and it doesn't have to mean that we're in love or together forever, but I'd like to have a star in my pocket, and I'd like you to get it for me.
Speaker 3: I think I've actually gotten someone won before, or I know somebody who has done this where you can pick in the like you can and they get like a little map of it right where it is.
Speaker 1: You know who got me a star?
Speaker 2: Who? Jennifer love Hewitt see because she's magical.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Love Hewitt got me a star and we were to come when I was like twenty, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: There's been Yeah, I just saw a couple of you guys did some photo shoot take.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all the time on my feet.
Speaker 3: It looked like it was for like seventeen magazine or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, so adorable. You and you, I know you've you've mentioned her before, and you you you use the word the name love like she doesn't actually go by Jennifer like most people would assume me. I assumed that.
Speaker 2: No, she's love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love just oh man.
Speaker 3: I just was such a fan of her.
Speaker 1: Always joke that we sounded like cave people when she would say I love you will, because it sounded like I love you will. So it was we would joke that we we sounded like.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's funny, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she bought me a story I wanted. Yes, who knows they disappear all the time. And once the girls leave the study, Miranda looks at her portrait of error and says, I'm sorry, I had no choice, and now I really don't trust this lady.
Speaker 3: I was getting I'm telling you, I was skeptical of this mom from the very beginning, right from that first scene of her on the balcony and then she goes into the study. Already, I'm like, something's up with her this, this guy has infiltrated her body with your shadow already.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of ways to take that. I'm gonna not I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna go any jokes there Sabrina. I'm gonna I'm gonna leave like the big boy that I am. The girls then return home through Cameron's closet, and they find they are worried parents waiting for The girls try and pretend everything is totally fine in the Kingdom, but it's obvious that things are bad. This was a very funny scene, I thought, where it's like one of them's nodding and the other one shaking their head, and it's like, are you just trying not to tell us that something horrible is going on? Like, yes, that's basically what we're trying to tell you. It was very funny scene, but it's obvious things are bad. And when Cam's dad suggests that maybe Alice can call him dad, she says she's cool for now, which felt like one of the top five most awkward decom moments ever.
Speaker 2: Did you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I felt so bad for this, Dad's so bad. She was like, yeah, no, I'm good exactly.
Speaker 2: No, that's not gonna happen, Jerry or.
Speaker 1: Whatever it yes, sir, Yeah, she calls him like mister whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why did he do that? There was no reason that, like their relationship has taken some type of turn, they're feeling very close. He wants to open up that option for her if she's comfortable with it. There was nothing like that prior to this obversation. Why did he do that? He set himself up for such like a let down.
Speaker 1: It wasn't And it's also here's the other thing. It never comes back in any way, shape or form, Like she never calls him down at the end.
Speaker 2: They don't bring it back in anyway.
Speaker 3: An awkward moment. I felt so horrible, like awkward, poor guy.
Speaker 1: And it was like, just puts it. I love how you said it here. It's so true where she's like, nah, I'm good, Nah, I'm good, smooth right along, I'm all set, thanks, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Not interested now or never?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of things in this movie that just they never tied up in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: This was a big one.
Speaker 1: Later that night, these shadow fog monsters back looming around Cameron's house and eventually attacking their poor maid. This woman just trying to make a living. Who could get one? For most of this film, Yeah, it's funny, but it's like, damn, yeah, it's upstairs. The girls think maybe both Aaron and Thantos are alive. And this is also when I noticed the poster of pop star Marissa Minn in the background, some great generic art that was written by somebody. I've no idea if Marissa Minn is a real person. I've never heard that name. I have no idea who that is, So it's it's got to be a faki. And then as soon as Cameron turns her back, Alex is gone. Just as there's a knock of the door, it's the maid screaming snickerdoodles, snickerdoodles, snickerdoodles all over and over again at the top for lungs, holding a plate of cookies.
Speaker 2: And it's like, okay, so obviously she's been possessed.
Speaker 1: It was the only possible option So alex is back of Coventry, trying to confirm the suspicions about her dad when she falls asleep, only waking up the next morning to a gusta wind from an open window. She says, if Thantos is in the room, she's not afraid of them, but if it's erin her dad, she needs a sign, And then a star.
Speaker 2: Appears in the window.
Speaker 1: Remember remember the whole thing with the star star, that's what gave her mom on the night they met. It really is Hiro, why.
Speaker 2: But we don't know and we still are not.
Speaker 3: That's not convincing. I'm sorry in any way.
Speaker 1: Why not? Just right? It's really me?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, same something, Yeah, I promise, I promise.
Speaker 1: Hands emoji.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: She runs off but to find Miranda, but she doesn't seem excited about the news. She doesn't want to hear anything else about her dad. They're going to complete the vanquishing spell and kill off all the shadow lands.
Speaker 2: They cannot chance Thantos being a lot.
Speaker 1: Now this causes a rift, obviously, especially after finding out everyone's magic in the castle has been restricted. So with that, she leaves, ignoring the eclipse and I furious Miranda that apparently doesn't care at all about Aaron. Knowing the spell is impossible without both twins, Miranda sends out Karsh and Alena to bring them back, but there's not much time left. Cameron is a rightfully torn Save Coventry and kill what might be your dad. Ooh, that is a very big ask, but not quite as big as asking out your ex's twins. Sister explained to her, with some very tough love, that this is what a princess must do, and Cameron agrees.
Speaker 2: She hurries to persuade her sister.
Speaker 1: To come along, an effort that stumbles at first but ultimately leads to both of them agreeing to return to Coventry. Marcus and Beth fly out of a portal which they pretend they don't see, and they decide to put the portal in bright daylight right on the college campus, right, and so that was like, that's weird, but they both pretend they don't see it. There's just so many unanswered It.
Speaker 3: Seem like they're flirting now a little bit, right are they and Marcus are flirting?
Speaker 1: Like is death on the Marcus well BMD train? Like what the hell is happening now I don't understand, and again is never wrapped up. They never go back to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well a quick flash which didn't answer questions, but it didn't answer questions, but they go back to it for hot a.
Speaker 1: Hot like barely a hots a lukewarm second. Yeah yeah, So now we're at the castle. Cameron continues to try and convince her sister that the spell must be completed, but with the eclipse just minutes away, Alex isn't sold. She asks for one last sign from her dad. I mean, she's already got one, so this seems a bit selfish, but what the hell? Then a magic book flies out of the bookcase and lands on a page for a freedom spell. It promises to release someone from the shadows, and weirdly, it's exactly like the vanquishing spell, with just one line different at the end, which, if you're writing magic spells.
Speaker 2: Seems like a stupid fucking way to write spell.
Speaker 1: It's like, this one kills you, this one keeps you alive, and the only thing that's different is one word like, that's.
Speaker 3: Not a good plan, iresponsible.
Speaker 2: Right, your magic spells better? People?
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that. Geez. They could probably sneak this out during the eclipse without anybody knowing, though, so they could actually release their dad, and then the Guardian angels return and pull the sisters away.
Speaker 2: The eclipse is less than a minute away.
Speaker 1: Everyone gets into their places, with all the workers at the castle watching on, properly wearing sunglasses so they don't go blind.
Speaker 2: It's now time for the spell.
Speaker 1: The girls hold each other's hands and start to levitate. They start reciting the worlds with their Sabrina's favorite necklaces in the world growing and glowing and rising from their chest. They hot in the middle. They attach, and then it's time for that final line and everyone starts to wonder are they what are they gonna do? Are they gonna do the Freedom spell? And then Cameron completes the vanquishing spell. She didn't stray for Miranda. Alex is devastated as they break apart and a fireball takes flight from their necklaces because of course, necklaces equal fireballs. Everyone runs for cover as it wrecks the castle, trying to find the shadows. Alex runs to warn who she believes is her dad, and is being chased by the aggressive light ball. It follows her room to room, and Alex finds refuge in her dad's study. She begs Aaron for help, and she stumbles on another page of the magic book. It is a transfer spell. It will transfer her powers to somebody, but the two subjects need to be touching, and with the shadow back of the room, it whispers artemiss and grows a hand to touch her. They finally connect and the transfer is complete because the spell literally is just her saying I give you everything.
Speaker 2: That's the whole spell.
Speaker 1: Yes, fits doesn't seem like they should be messing up these spells when they're this simple.
Speaker 2: Throwing Alex to the other side of the room, Cameron rushes into the.
Speaker 1: Study, seconds too late because Alex didn't summon her dad. It was Pantos.
Speaker 2: Wompwomp.
Speaker 1: Alex was wrong all along. Pantos leaves to kill Aaron before the light does, but this does validate he's still alive, so they're kind of both right, even though she once again released the eternal darkness.
Speaker 2: So maybe she was half wrong, half right. Glasses half magic. How does that work?
Speaker 1: And so they run off to then find their dad. They know he's at their house on the Earth dimension somehow, but Fantos beat them there and has already roughed up their mom and dad, And now he's making the maid's head shake back and forth rapidly, which is just weird, exposing that Air has been in her shadow the whole time. Now expose Tantos attacks his brother over and over. The girls eventually find the room, but it's too late. They've left for coventry through the upstairs closet, so they follow close behind, but Thantos has cast a spell and locked everyone out of castle. But it's that cutie butler, Dimitri, who pops up and leads them downstairs. He says Tantos is on his way to North Tower with Aaron, and he's able to help because Miranda gave everyone their magic powers back, which is a good news in the girl's eyes. So okay, maybe maybe Miranda isn't such a jerk after all. Now at the top of the North Tower, Thantos continues to beat the shit out of his brother, using all of Alex's powers. When the girls do catch up, Fantos knocks out the Guardian angels and sends Cameron into the sky. Luckily, Miranda's close by to save the girls. Because now both the twins are hanging out at one side and the Guardians are just holding on to a gargoyle for dear life. Yes, so it's good versus evil, with each trying to control the twins. As the eclipse hits its final form, Aaron is screaming in pain, so Thantos turns his attention to his brother and tries to finish him off for good, but in a last titch effort, Miranda drapes herself on him and the girls hold hands. They grab out of their dad and now they're all connected, transferring all their powers to him. With that same here you have it, And with that, a blast throws Thantos into the wall and Aaron appears as a real human being, though a different one from the last time we saw him because he's a different actor. He looks so much like Fantos it would make a very confusing family holiday. The twins hug their dad, finally reunited, he thanks them and hugs Miranda. I'm still not one hundred percent sure why he was always trying to keep him suppressed in the shadows and sabotage the girls for the whole movie, So why, like, why didn't she just release him. If that's all it took, was that one spell? Why wouldn't that be the first.
Speaker 4: Thing that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And then she didn't call anybody dad. Okay anyway, right when things.
Speaker 1: Were looking like its gonna be a happy ending, Thantos gives it one last shot, lunging for the couple, but just in time, Aaron blasts him, pushing him down the very deep well and leading the girls to put l's on their foreheads and say lose her. And now it dated?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was I was dated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was a.
Speaker 3: Clueless era.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was like that was mid nineties day. That was already dated in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, crazy, we're in two thousand and seven, nobody was doing that.
Speaker 2: No, it's might as well. They've might as well have gone what.
Speaker 1: Like what? And now it's Karsha and Elena's wedding day. The girls watch on as part of the wedding, now full fledged princesses. They hand over the rings and we see Marcus and Death in the crowd. I guess they've accepted Coventry and their friends are some sort of magical royalty. Seems like a tough pill to swallow, but to teach his own. And also who the is dating Marcus?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have no idea. There's It's not one of the twins, is it Beth? Is it the donkey? I don't know, I'm not really.
Speaker 1: There's a donkey. There's a donkey there, and it appears but the woman with the donkey is dating the donkey? Am I wrong? Does it? It seems like there's a woman there who was it was in some sort of what I have to assume sexual relationship with this donkey? I mean, why else would that be your plus one?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a storyline way early on in the movie about how one of the guardian angels accidentally turned the the one that she's marryed mom into a donkey. That's what it referenced.
Speaker 1: That's right, So it's supposed to be the mom, right, that's the village.
Speaker 3: Was that the was that the the housekeeper?
Speaker 2: I think? So, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was like I was still stuck on Marcus in Beth, going.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, what who is with who? Who's banging Marcus? I gotta know at this point, I gotta know, So, yes, anyway with that the Guardian angels their husband and wife. They awkwardly kissing applaud okay again, there's a donkey there. There is there's just a donkey there, and either way it is party time. The entire castle celebrates the married couple at the reception, as Alex and Cameron jokingly argue about who really.
Speaker 2: Saved the day.
Speaker 1: One thing they do agree on they both look fabulous. They're both gonna bang Marcus. We get one final go twitches, Go Twitches, and that's our movie.
Speaker 2: What a journey, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Let's do some real reviews and I think you've got the five star right, so jump into it.
Speaker 3: What do you got from our friend who nahmad? Always great to see people that get a lot of encourage to go online, yep and write things that they're unwilling to put their name next to this one goes five stars. These girls are Christians in this movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha cool?
Speaker 2: Five stars? There you go, five stars, five stars.
Speaker 1: I've got the one star and this is from Turner p U and Turner p sums it up. Lusie twitches two more like twitches. Pooh, Okay, Star, I'm the star, and now we're gonna come to our favorite portion of the program, of course, Sabrina's favorite portion. I can take it or leave it because I'm so good at it, and that is the game that we play every week.
Speaker 3: This gen is not here, so I'm looking pretty good already.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got no gens today.
Speaker 3: I do so much better to do, all right, takes the heat off of it this one.
Speaker 1: So this is very weird because I'm going to read you exactly what I have. It says two or two two or t oo so to honor twitches two and it's usages of the word two instead of the number two. For absolutely no reason at all. We will get five different movie titles and we have to guess if they use the word two or the number two. Three out of five wins, two loses. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 6: So it's Mikayla Producer.
Speaker 2: Mikayla is joining us.
Speaker 1: What do we have today, producer MICHAELA for our possibilities?
Speaker 6: Okay, so number one too fast, too furious?
Speaker 1: Two? Yeah, that was the number two, right, yes, correct, you answered that fast, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We don't mess with it. Well, I have only seen the first one, Okay, the first one when it was point break.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the second one?
Speaker 6: Legally blonde two?
Speaker 2: It's it's a two, isn't it. It's the number two number. It's the number two.
Speaker 1: Correct, all right, we're cheating. We're t O O for t O O.
Speaker 6: Okay, number three. Look who's talking.
Speaker 1: To that's because it's talking. Also, that's t O O.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 1: We already won.
Speaker 2: Okay, could we could we go? Could we go?
Speaker 1: Five for five?
Speaker 2: Though? What's number four?
Speaker 6: Pitch perfect two?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a tuo. Don't even get me started.
Speaker 1: That's the number two two. This is one of the greatest movies of all time, So don't get me started.
Speaker 6: Okay, four for four right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, number five teen Wolf two?
Speaker 2: Oh that was too Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think I've ever saw that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, well you're correct.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Jason takes over the role of the teen Wolf from Michael. Thank you, producer, MICHAELA we just send we just do better when producer Jensen is not with us.
Speaker 2: That was that really was the easiest game in the world. So thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Can we do some Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Sees yes, Actually there was a bigger change, like although there was so many questions. There was actually quite a bit of things that were worth noting on this movie. Did you write from the start, now, this is kind of weird. Right from the start their credits were off hot. Did you notice that?
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 1: I literally positive and thought about it. I know exactly why. That is why, because what they did was so they're kind of credited the same. One of them is first but lower, the other one is second but higher, so it's like they're both at the same because if you put them at the same level, then whoever's first is first and the other one is second. Okay, this way you could read it either the top one is first and the bottom one a second, yes, or the first one is first.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing. But that's why they did it.
Speaker 3: And I imagine with the two of them. That was the Tellies a thing with us for the Cheetah Girls. We went alphabetically, so it was by our last names, like bry Loan, Brian Williams. That's how we just did it because it was alphabetically, and that's how it's done on friends. And I think that's the reason why I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to do that. Okay, Well, there's also a reason why it wasn't. We just found out in one of our newer interview was one of the reasons why it wasn't a J and Ali. It was always Ali and Aj. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like they pick, they pick which way it's gonna get.
Speaker 3: Can you just keep it consistent? It's never a question.
Speaker 1: You just nobody ever says Tamara and Tia Mori. They say Tia and Tamara Ala. So it's like that's the way it's always been. It's Tia and Tamara.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you wonder if Ta is older hmm, like, hey, I'm older by a minute or whatever it is being a twin, Yeah, maybe that's maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I noticed that right from the start. I mean that's like not even ten seconds into the fishing play, right, and then I saw I don't know if you noticed in the room. Now we only really see their room, not very often, not this angle at least, right, but when she's in the bed and the shadow almost comes and you mentioned it actually when we were talking about it her cot but if you look past it under the bed a stunning like California King Giant bed. I was just like, wow, I mean, does it look like these people are scraping on much of a budget. They've seemed to have everything they want. They couldn't have given her a nicer bet or they live in a mansion room.
Speaker 1: Siblings And the only thing I thought about that, because I thought the same thing was maybe she wanted to be closer. They wanted them both in the same room with the closet to coventry. But then they keep throwing portals all over the place, so yeah, they don't need that. So why the hell doesn't she get her other? By the way, I just googled, and I'm wrong, Tamara is actually older by two minutes. Oh so that is not why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's the shortening in the like Ali and a J.
Speaker 2: Right, that makes sense, the syllables.
Speaker 3: One and then two. Okay, I did have an issue and now they seemed like nice people. But the parents that are in the real world seem to really give a lot of space all the time, Like, oh, the first one is when the Guardian Angels are are there and they're like, oh, we'll just give you guys some space. It's like, no, what are you talking about? What's going on?
Speaker 1: You guys?
Speaker 3: We're gonna be talking about magic and all kinds of things that could kill you. We're gonna go ahead and stick around just to see what these kinds of like think, you know, plans, you've got you do that over and over again. Yeah, And then when they get to the next world and it just is like literally a scene away and the mom sends the Guardian angels to get her, but then doesn't seem to really have much of a plan. We find it out a little bit. But when they're in that grap like that garden area outside walking and uh, I think it's Cameron that's only there. Alex didn't come. She didn't seem like she had a plan, because if it was the twins need to be here, they're the only ones, then it would have been like there's no option, Alex must come, like you know, But it was like they just like had them come without really much of a plan, which fathers like to see you. Yes. Then I noticed because we had spoken about the premiere of Wizards of Waverley Place, and we're getting a chance to do a real big interview. I won't spoil it yet because I know we wait for a little bit longer. But that being said, when it was Waverley University. I was like, Oh, I love Cergy energy to the max because they're talking. The second one I loved that. I thought that was so great. The Father's crest. They kept calling it the crest when it was really just like a moon symbol. Did that bother you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it's also was like three in a row. That's not a it's like, what's your crest?
Speaker 3: It wasn't really like a no, it didn't seem like much. It was just kind of like could we have done did we ever get an answer of what those First it was a gold one, then I think it is a purple ball, like they.
Speaker 2: Were just walking around balls.
Speaker 1: Or purple balls. And then he like threw his ball, that golden ball and the his apron like because he didn't want to be seen with it into the the.
Speaker 2: Like hedge right, And it's like, hey, why are you just walking.
Speaker 1: Around with the golden ball? What's the golden ball? And why are you ditching said golden ball?
Speaker 3: Yes? Is it? Was it important? Is it a secret? But like several of you are walking around with them, like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what do he got golden balls for?
Speaker 3: And then two more I got really confused throughout the movie because a lot of times they called their let's call it magic dad, right, Aaron, But and they called the Magic mom Miranda. But then they were switching to call it mom and dad, like that whole dynamic of what they're calling. And I get I'm sure, like his heart heart, it would mean it would be hard to figure out what it is that your name's are.
Speaker 1: But she did.
Speaker 3: Alex absolutely shut down one of.
Speaker 2: The earth Dad no, thank you, Yeah, no, not interested.
Speaker 3: But at the same time they were. It was kind of confusing going back and forth how how much they were switching. The last one was the Cheetah Girls had a song in this movie?
Speaker 1: Which song? Where was this?
Speaker 3: This is what's so funny. I'm like, hey, wait, that's a song Wait which from bu wasn't it? It's called bring It On? And it's right after it's when Alex right before she meets Marcus, and it's the her entering into college. It's her first day of college, and it's like, so bring it on.
Speaker 1: But that's what Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I'm literally watching it and I was like.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm singing that's me.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's so cool. And I had no idea how message. She's like, oh yeah, I do kind of think I remember that happening.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, so you were in this film.
Speaker 3: So they were not really I mean the move the song song was but yes, and it made sense.
Speaker 6: It's right.
Speaker 3: It was right when that album that was our only album that came out that wasn't a soundtrack. It was tcg our own set, our own album, not a soundtrack, and this was two thousand and seven, was right when we were about.
Speaker 1: To there you go release, Bring it on, bring it I love that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Now it's a time that we rate the film we just saw, as we do every week. It's gonna be tough, but we're gonna make it easier because we're gonna do one to ten okay, and we're gonna make one the low one okay, and ten the high ones. So we're gonna make it easy on ourselves. Now, the question is what should we do? Should we do one out of ten non rhyming twin names, one out of ten snitch beths, one out of ten dates with identical twins that you pretend isn't problematic, one out of ten confusing switchero scenarios.
Speaker 2: Guys, you won't call Dad.
Speaker 1: One out of ten maids just trying to make a living hop star Marissa Min posters.
Speaker 3: Never still understood that one one.
Speaker 1: Out of ten Snickerdodle screams, one of ten unanswered questions, one out of ten wedding donkeys, or I'm gonna add one out of ten Secret Sabrina songs? Which one would you like to do?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you pick this week.
Speaker 3: Which we're gonna go. I love that you want to do Secret Sabrina songs, but I'm still gonna go ahead, and my top choice would be wedding Donkeys.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think I have forsy.
Speaker 3: There was some weird thing going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I think I have to go first this time, don't I? Yes, okay, this is this was? This was Okay.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: They're great. Yes, they can command the screen. They are built for Disney Channel. They were perfect. They owned it, they owned it. They are they were once again great in this movie. So taking them completely out of the scenario because they're phenomenal and they're two of my favorites to watch. So get rid of the Twins entirely.
Speaker 2: This was not a great movie.
Speaker 1: The first one was better. The special effects were not special, especially for.
Speaker 2: A budget this big.
Speaker 1: Not they tied up no storylines, like nothing made any sense in this movie what they were doing.
Speaker 2: But the Twins save it a bit.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give this, and I think I'm being generous five point five wedding Donkeys. That's what I'm giving. It is a five to five wedding Donkeys, Sabrina, What do you got? You know?
Speaker 3: I because I really in my head and it's clear that I didn't one hundred percent remember the first one, right, But I what I did remember was liking it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think we did.
Speaker 3: I really do think I remember liking this movie. So I was really confused because I just felt like, again you said it, there was so many questions and holes and things that never meant anything. I don't Then I started kind of letting myself go, oh, well, maybe there was an idea at the time that they were going to do a third one. So that's why there's like, you know, like there wasn't every all the ties weren't tied. I don't know, but it just it was too many of them to be able to like sit and enjoy because you were just like overthinking and trying to understand. The biggest hang up for me was there not being any distinguishing to where at least we as an audience could have told could think back and know what shadow was who right, That's the only one that I mean, that's the one that just really blew my mind that I hated about it because I need to know who which if this I'm okay with it being the uncle and then also being the dad, and that's why it's really hard to navigate, but I need, as a viewer, need to know because now I'm confused. Yeah, now I've got, you know, trust issues and all kinds of things that are just coming out of all of the woodwork. So I'm going to agree with you that it was not not a great movie. And again I agree with you as well. Like I said, I call them the twins. They are the most epic duo on the channel that that I really grew up with and love everything about them. I loved what they've both done as adults is too, Like I will follow anything that they're doing.
Speaker 2: So foreign entertainers, Yep.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so it was hard. I'm going to give them a six wedding donkeys, Okay, this one a little because I think for me again, I loved the concept of the first one and I just was, you know, so anyway, it's six wedding miscuous, six promiscuous wedding.
Speaker 2: I would like to throw anyzier crazier.
Speaker 1: I need to know who's banging Mark as well them, because they just they didn't wrap it up. Anyway, Thank you everybody for joining us. Our next movie is going to be a little bit of milestone because we're going to be entering our Zendaya era with twenty fourteen's sci fi comedy Zapid.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. It's zapped, is what it is.
Speaker 1: It's the introduction for one of Hollywood's biggest stars in the twenty twenty five for Magical Rewind and you can watch Zapped on Disney Plus ahead of our episode.
Speaker 2: Consider it homework for you if you want. And we're so.
Speaker 1: Excited to announce that Zendaya herself has never even heard of our podcast, so there's no chance in hell she's coming on just for the record.
Speaker 3: But I had had your for a second, there, didn't I I was like, wait, did I miss.
Speaker 1: Email?
Speaker 3: Absolutely die.
Speaker 1: She has no idea about us our podcast, So we'll never get her in the thousand years, but we can talk about her. So go watch the movie before you hear us next time, because we are going to be talking about Zapid from twenty fourteen. And as Sabrina said, we do have a very special guest coming up, and he will be this one's for real. Yes, talking to Wizards of Waverley play season one and season two and the original and the remake and everything else on the channel. David Henry is going to be joining us over on our other feeds, so please make sure to check that out. Talk about Disney Royalty. We are very excited to have that conversation. Here's a bit of it.
Speaker 5: We did a pilot for a totally different show called The Amazing O'Malley's that didn't test very well. Turns out you should you should lead with girls. Good move in hindsight, and then it all changed and then and then Selena was number one. I was right behind her. But in that dynamic I think helped click like a perfect dynamic for us.
Speaker 1: Go check it out, because man, it was cool. We were so lucky to get a half hour with him because he is in the midst of just interview after interview, after interview. So this was really, really.
Speaker 3: And we're so lucky we got a sneak peek at.
Speaker 2: This season two did Yeah, so kind of a coop for us. As I would say, kind of a coop.
Speaker 1: So thanks everybody so much and we will see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye. Kay,