Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Wednesday here in the show. You know that means wacky Wednesday. We've got a lot going on. We got Observer Live speaking of wacky in two hours, two Pacific, five Eastern into the after Dark Radio.
Speaker 3: I got it on.
Speaker 1: I knew after Dark Radio shirt. You grab one FW one line dot com slash shirts. But anyway, we'll be doing news and open lines and feedback and all sorts of stuff and after dark today. So I'll tell you about that later, but today here on the show we got NXT from last night to talk about, which I thought was a very good show, certainly a very newsworthy show. We know Ricky Starks's actual name, so we'll tell you about that, and we got all of the rest of the news from the show as well, including some big NXT versus TNA matches we have got coming up. We've also got the location and the date for a W Double or Nothing this year. Perhaps some of you were listening to this going well, of course we know where it's at. No, you don't. They moved it. It is not in Las Vegas this year. AW Double or Nothing has moved. We'll tell you about that, plus the rest of the schedule that we know of for a w pay per views for the rest of the year. We have got more on Ricky start to the long interview about leaving AW and coming to NXT. We got the SmackDown ratings. Show didn't do all that well. Don't have collision yet, but we should have that very soon. Everyone's favorite announcer and actually for some of you younger folks that's probably true. Michael cole I signed a new contract. We've got the full NXT TV report and more. If you want to Texas Today forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for w online at gmail dot com, W Online, Threads, Instagram, and cameo at Brian Albarez on x and Blue Sky Back in the month with more Observer Live, you get a.
Speaker 3: Ship in the get swinging in the pom meantime.
Speaker 4: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have our prime problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it, whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about, So if you need to cancel, change or modify in existing airline reservation. Call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two, five, five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three, two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 5: One not of two Americans thinks they are life. Life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dorance Publishing right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three all able.
Speaker 6: There's a new way to travel and it's one of the oldest forms of transportation. Travel by train. Yes, consider traveling around the United States on Amtrak. Traveling by train is a lot less of a headache than taking a plane. And you'd be surprised how many places you can go on an Amtrak and there's no passports or IDs needed. Find out how to get where you're going as soon as tomorrow by train. Call the Amtrak Travel Hotline right now. We'll book your trip and email your tickets within minutes. Skip the drive to the airport and skip the lines. Call right now to book your Amtrak reservations. We service most of the United States. Do something new, travel by Amtrak today.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred two six two three nine oh three, eight hundred two six two three nine oh three. Eight hundred two six two three nine oh three. That's eight hundred two six two thirty nine oh three.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Can the show Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Simper VV also Wrestling Observa coming. Yeah, if you saw that big graphic right there. Wrestle Media Weekend is coming and we got a lot of events there, including a Q and A and meet and greet with Dave and I noon Pacific on Friday at the Lovely Palms Hotel and Casino and you can hang out, ask some questions. We'll do a live Q and A which will be live only for those of you that attend. It will not air on video or audio or anything like that. It's an exclusive event that'll be Friday at noon at the Palms, meet and greet and live Q and A, and then we've got a Texas Day Brazil lunch noon on Saturday. We have got to watch Along's Friday or Saturday and Sunday night at the Sweet We've got a Sweet Party after WrestleMania and UH and a brunch at the Wicked Spoon. So if you'd like to go to any or all, head do f w one line dot com slash Vegas that is for w one line dot com slash Vegas and grab your tickets now while they're still available, So check that out.
Speaker 3: Brian, Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure? Well question it all.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's just say Lenny bought tickets. Would he still be banned?
Speaker 1: No, he's only banned from the chat. Okay, I'm sure I would get along great with Lenny in real life, but he's not allowed. I've blocked him from my chat. The rest you can listen to.
Speaker 3: Him, but I blocked him and the chat to you. He won't.
Speaker 1: He everyon gets a question, then you got to go back to the line. It's fine. He can come out one question the Q and I don't care. I don't care about asking questions. It's when you say completely preposterous things and are heavily biased and cannot see it. I just can't take it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One other thing before we get to the news. After Dark Radio is at two Pacific, five Eastern, and a couple of weeks ago, somebody asked about the Maltby Cemetery, which is near where I live, where there is allegedly thirteen steps down to Hell. So I told this story and on the show today we don't have a guest, so we'll be taking feedback. So I want to know about weird stuff in your town. So everybody's got some weird story in their town, so I would like you to send those to me. And it doesn't have to be anything paranormal. Like my mother, for example, went to high school with the Green River murderer. Yes, she went to high school with him. So whatever some unusual weird thing in your next the woods, I want you to tell me about it. Just send it to me Brian at after darkradioshow dot com. That is Brian at after Dark radioshow dot com, or he can send it to my normal email, but put after dark in the subject line. I don't care how you get him to me, but email me some stories and give you, guys two hours plenty of time, and we'll read some of them on the air and maybe we'll do some phone calls about about that as well. Plus all of the weird news of the last week. So that's coming up at two Pacific five Eastern on Sports Byline as well as YouTube and Twitch and everywhere else you watch these shows live. So that's coming up now. Aw Double or Nothing twenty twenty five has been announced and it is not in Las Vegas almost certainly because WrestleMania is taking place in Las Vegas in April. So the the new location for Double or Nothing twenty twenty five will be the Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, Arizona, and that will be as noted May twenty fifth. So if you want to go to Double or Nothing this year, it'll be in Glendale, Arizona, which I think they had a Did they have a WrestleMania somewhere around that area?
Speaker 3: They had it at the area there was that Cardinals football stadium.
Speaker 1: Which I enjoyed that Wrestlemanian Arizona. I don't think it'll ever go there again, but it was fun to go there that one year.
Speaker 3: Well, were you in Phoenix? Was everything based in Phoenix? For that wrussele Maania?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I just know I really liked Arizona.
Speaker 3: Glendell is I think a little outside of Phoenix, and that's where the old hockey team I believe was playing before they moved to Salt Lake City. So I don't know. I Hey, look, if you want to go on vacation, going to Arizona isn't the worst thing in the world. When it comes to the web and all that so.
Speaker 1: So they're there. Building is right across the street from where they ran WrestleMania twenty six.
Speaker 3: There you go, so there you go.
Speaker 1: I like that place. I don't know how it is now. That was, you know what, fourteen years ago. Fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Plus a lot easier travel for you.
Speaker 1: I had to to Vegas. No, Vegas is much easier.
Speaker 3: No, but I mean as far as coming to the East coast or something like that too.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it's never easy to travel longer distances. But they're they're they're in an easier flight than the Vegas I know.
Speaker 3: But I like Russellmania pained Brian travel story.
Speaker 1: No I'm not. I'm not going back to New York, New Jersey. Not happening. The Meadowlands and then the rest of the schedule has revolution March ninth in la the Crypto dot Com Arena. The Dynasty Show will be April sixth in Philadelphia. We've got double or nothing as noted in Glendale.
Speaker 3: Building in Felly.
Speaker 1: I don't want to try and pronounce it the Lately Chorus or whatever center all in is it the Globe Life Field, I can pronounce that one. Arlington, Texas, July twelfth, which I think we're going to. I'm actually not sure I think And Forbidden Door is August twenty fourth in London, venue to be announced. Not going to that one, but I will probably go to the Seattle Show when they announce it. So, uh, Friday Night SmackDown lowest number of the year one point three eight four million viewers on the USA network did do a point four to two, which was second on all of cable, and the show went head to head with the NBA All Star Celebrity Game, which featured Bailey, So that should count as a wrestling rating, right, Sure that did one point two million viewers in a point four to three and eighteen to forty nine, so that that gobbled up about j ten to forty nine viewers, and I guess we'll find out soon. Should be like any time, how that that Collision Show did? That Collision Show should do the best collision number of the year. It's got an enormous lead in. It was promoted for a long time as Grand Slam Australia. It opened with a banger, which I thought it should have and so I guess we'll we'll see soon.
Speaker 3: The question is much like that college football game that preceded it. Yes, we'll have a number, and it should be one of their highest, but what will it finish with by the time all is said and done, how many people last the year?
Speaker 1: You know what, It'll fall off a lot. But the last time they had a giant lead in like this, there is there is this idea that people who don't like aw taut which is, well, you know that first quarter, you get like people watching for a minute and then they turn off the show. But that first minute. So that's actually not what happened the last time they had a gigantic lead in from an NBA game, I believe.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was football, when it was college football.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was. They kept those viewers for forty five minutes. It was forty five minutes before the decline started. So it was not a situation of you know, one minute, five minute and then they all left. No, they stayed around for a good forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: So I guess the difference will be in this case, it came on a lot later on the East coast, whereas that one was about the time the show usually started. In fact, I think it started on time at eight o'clock. In this case, what time did it actually.
Speaker 1: Well, actually it says here apparently the Collision Show did five hundred and two thousand viewers and a point two to one, so they doubled what they normally do, and that's the average over two hours. So that first that first quarter, half hour, forty five minutes. I mean, we may have been up in the in the sevens. So it'll be interesting to see what those quarters are. That's five five hundred and two that and a point to one over two hours. So given that, they probably had a very big lead in and declined, and they probably ended close to where they normally would end, which would be you know, I don't know, three hundred thousand and a point one zero. They probably did a gigantic first few quarters, so we'll find out soon enough.
Speaker 3: Well, they started with the right match, I think that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the whole show is good, but that's definitely the match I would open with. Yeah, and they didn't do a lot of remember actually know what it was last time? I remember this now, first quarter top to million, yep. So I'll talk about it after the break. Because they did something last time that I was I was just aghast, and to their credit, they learned from and didn't do it this time. Back in a moment Observer lives, I.
Speaker 2: Kind of see.
Speaker 3: The range, but they call me.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what what's up?
Speaker 1: Let me teach you all everything, actually mostly Lenny everything. You know, It's okay to be wrong, Lenny. It's okay to be wrong. So I was wrong before we went to commercial because what I said was the last time they had a giant lead in they did something and I was aghast, and thank god they didn't learn from it and do it again. That's what I said. But you know what, I was wrong because now they think about it. I was aghast at what they did. But then, like I later saw the quarters and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. And for all I know, maybe it helped because the first the first three quorders did like great numbers. They opened the last show when they had that giant lead in Okay. It was NBA or whatever, NFL, whatever it was, they had this giant lead in Okay, and so I thought, Okay, like these people are coming off this show. You're starting like throw will Ospray and Kenny o'meg or whoever in the ring and just do a banger. Remember this argument? Yes, And I'm like, what are they gonna start with? Like they gotta start hot, like don't even do ring it or just start with the Matt Jordy in progress. They opened up I think it was in the Hammerstein Ballroom and they opened up the show and it was Tony Shavani's standing in the ring with Big Boom AJ and his kid the Riz whatever his name is, and like they're just standing there. Tony goes, we're here with Big Boom AJ and the Riz and AJ goes boom and they all stood there. Tony goes, we got a big show for you tonight, don't we Aj? And he goes.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 1: Tony goes, yes, we do here in this beautiful and I'm like, bro, what are we doing? Get the show on the road. And it kept going and it was like Tony would say something, this bloke would say boom, and then his kid would say boom, and then he'd say something. I was like, dude, people are turning off this show in troupes. What's going on? Well, Anyway, as it turns out that never happened. I guess people were really into Tony Shiavanni Big Boom AJ and Noel Riz standing in the ring and saying boom for like ninth straight minutes. I don't know, dude, But the point, my point is this, it didn't hurt like it didn't. People didn't turn off the show, so I was wrong. But I do think it was better that this time they opened hot, and as Dave noted, that first quarter over a million, which, by the way, I think i'd have to go back. I think that might be better than when they had the Rizzler in the ring. So maybe maybe I was right after all. But the point is the first court did over a million, and so you know, get ready everyone listen, let's all get our fingers on the keyboard to get mad.
Speaker 3: If we add in Max, yes.
Speaker 1: I mean they had well over they had well over a million for that first quarter. Mike, did they have zero people watching on Max? I didn't even give a number.
Speaker 3: No, I know it.
Speaker 1: I know they didn't have zero because I watched it on Max, as did most of the people in the chat add most of the people on So anyway, whatever, the number is. And you know why people are so stupid because I bring this fact up and then they're like, oh, the show did two million because of the Max viewer strong right, Brian, No, I never said they did two million.
Speaker 3: It's how you know.
Speaker 1: I never said you had a million.
Speaker 3: Brought the people the eyes.
Speaker 1: I said that probably is. I said, like everything else streaming, they probably did twenty to thirty percent extra. Hey, if you are, they probably did.
Speaker 3: If you would have just come out and said, hey, guess what they're going to do some eyeballs on Max. We don't know what those numbers are. Well, I have to see what kind of inflated PR releases we get, just like WWE Netflix are doing. But no, you have to come up here and say from day one, guess what they did the same exact amount of people they've been doing on TV, but now they got never can't prove that they you're telling me nobody.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's how you brought the argument. Listen, they're not doing the same on TV. They're eighteen to forty nine is down and their viewership is down because a lot of people are now watching on Max. Okay, and then you know what's funny about it is I was saying, you know what, it seems like everybody says they're watching on Max and not TBS, and ever's like, oh, that's not true. Just me and all my friends, but nobody else. And then and then it's like, if they were doing well, if they were doing well, hey, I gotta mute you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: If they were doing well, they said, well, we would have heard something from Max, and we haven't. If they were doing something well, we would have heard something. So then like a few days later, we hear from Max. It's one of the most watched live programs on And now it's like, well that doesn't count. Okay, whatever, the show's doing well on Max. You can get angry if you want, or you could send an email to Brian at after Dark radioshow dot com with what weird thing is happening in your town Brian at after Dark radioshow dot com or Brian at Restlingobserver dot com after darkness, subject line and you know what not Johnny Jeter is where on the chat he goes, I'm so sick of ratings talk. Listen. All I do is I briefly go over numbers, and you guys got to start the fight.
Speaker 3: Oh the Max thing? No, Brian, we go there you go.
Speaker 1: You started it this time, you started people? Do you started it? All I said was they also had a lot of people watching on Max and then you had to bring up a million and this guy, oh it's two million.
Speaker 3: I'm pointing out you. Hey, I'm ready to move on.
Speaker 1: You want to shut up about it? Or if we keep talking?
Speaker 3: It's how you bring the argument to people.
Speaker 1: You want to know the biggest news on NXC last night. You want to know the biggest news on NXC last night?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm thinking, not now that this guy is begging me to move on. Don't beg me to move on. It's my show here, not Johnny Jeter is where I'll decide when I move on. Not you Now I've decided to move on. The biggest story, you know, The biggest story on NXT last night was what What's that? I can't even believe it? What Ricky Stark signed the wrong contract?
Speaker 3: Who not? Wait, Ricky?
Speaker 1: Who can you believe he did that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 1: Good thing that have that? You're Rayah, what's the what's what's his name? Out there's contract, and he'd have been stuck with that name for the rest of his life. So now apparently he's Ricky Saints, not Ricky Saint, No, Ricky Saints.
Speaker 3: New Orleans Saints. Yes, that's where he's from.
Speaker 1: If he really wanted to be different, he would have put an apostrophe in there, just for the heck of it. But he's wrestling on the show next week. And he also did an interview about a w Letny log off. Now he was unbusted open and he was asked about his name, and he says, it's as close a you're going to get to Starks.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people are going to be well, it's going to take time. I respect they care so deeply. They'll rebel against the name change. But at the same time, I'm a product of New Orleans want to pay respect to that as well. I think this is the best of both worlds and means a lot to me. He was then asked about uh the speculation that his appearance at the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania while under aw contract. I think he was helping Cody bring his stuff into the building.
Speaker 3: Leaked security footage.
Speaker 1: If Tony was upset with that, and he says, I don't know the specifics. Some people you asked the internet it was because you were at the rumble. Will screw you, He says, the footage got leaked from me being at the Rumble. I wasn't backstage. I left after the first match. Some could say, well, you weren't mating the sweep. They got you on camera cheering. Screw you. You're an idiot with no friends and no passion in life. If you think, hey, remember when remember when Britt Baker was in the crowd of that NXT show and like the camera guy didn't know she was Britt Baker and she just got a picture of her in the Adam Cole match. She never got heat for that. So anyway, says, uh, I can What I can say for myself is when I got hurt in March, that was it. I never came back, and even then.
Speaker 3: I wasn't hurt.
Speaker 1: It was a precaution thing where I got scared as I had a stinger. Then I was fine after that, no dice, no communication, no nothing. That's okay because I ended up here. It's fine. Everything worked out. I don't know how explicitly where it went wrong. I can't point to one thing. I can say it was a storm of things. Probably did I use something that may have tipped them off? Sure, asking for my release whenever you know this past whatever could have been it. But never once was I not willing to do something. Never once was I sabotaging anything. I will say this, there are some people who stuck their nose in my creative business that shouldn't have happened veterans, and that's it. I'll leave it at that. They got a problem with me, they got my number, text me about it. I think it's what it is. If you don't work for their creative then something had to get the boot. That's how I see it. But I'm not trying to be negative in my thought process. If you want to step on me to go get ahead in your illustrious career. Everyone has an illustrious career. Everyone should have an illustrious career. That's perfectly fine. But at the same time, I'm not wet behind my ears. And that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Did you text them, well, no, it was funny.
Speaker 1: What do you talk about. I never said anything negative about Ricky Starks. Dude, I was buying Ricky Starks back at NWA Power. Remember that show. Oh yeah, I like that show.
Speaker 3: They look if you look at some of the people that they gave a spotlight to that a lot of people like people liked Elight Knight or La n Eli Drake, people liked Eddie Kingston, people liked Ricky Starks, and they gave them the spotlight to actually go forward with.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I think there was like, you know, everyone on the internet was saying these guys had to signed NDAs. Maybe they did, but that didn't sell like a guy that signed an NDA right now.
Speaker 3: I'm sure not everybody's got to sign an NDA. I don't thinking Ricky Starks's case, it's really that serious. Obviously, it was not serious when he came to him hanging out with his friend Cody. I don't think that's a big surprise or anything like that. And I'm sure that they got the point that he was not trying to be there anymore when he asked for his release. I can absolutely see that. But I think a lot of things probably have gotten blown out of proportion. But it is going to be interesting to see if any more comes out on who he is talking about because I'm sure people are going to take that and run with it. Was it Chris Jericho? Was it Adam Copeland? Wasn't this person or that person?
Speaker 1: So by Ricky Saints this person says, by.
Speaker 3: The way, but yes, by by him saying that, it did open that door. But I guess we'll have to see and really for him moving forward, as we'll get to everything was laid out nicely for him last night.
Speaker 1: We do have to figure out what's going on with his DeFi World title because he won it and I don't know if he can go back because DeFi works with a W and I don't think he was under NXTWWE contract when he won the title, because I don't think they would have given it to him if he was. I don't even know if he could have work there if he was.
Speaker 3: Well. Starks can, but Saints can't.
Speaker 1: We shall see back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 8: I am an American veteran. I'm proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation program. They'll explain how their program works, and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Car Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eighty seven, one oh nine seven eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 9: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment? Or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you Quick cash offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now, before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 7: Are you tired of making trip after trip on doctor vis It's only to get wrong medications that waste time, money and cause you side effects. If you're on Medicare, call for a free medical assessment and determine which medications are right for you based on your genetic makeup with our convenient swap test performed in your home and mailed to our laboratory, no more trial and error. The results will tell you and your doctor which medications you don't need and identify more appropriate replacements. If you're on Medicare and take multiple medications, call now for our genetic testing service at little or no cost to you. It starts with a call for a free medical assessment and evaluation of your Medicare coverage. Make this free call right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six 't eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four. That's eight hundred nine four eight sixty eight fourteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Albert is here Wrestling Observer Alive except for BB, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Well, let's talk about this NXT show, all right, I'm missing something good there? No, should I not bother? Okay, all right, the NXT show. We'll do a full review with Vinnie coming up on Thursday. But you know what I want to talk about, actually talked about it the other day. But it's uh, it's true. And no, I was one hundred percent right about Corey Graves. But you'll you'll all see soon enough. So anyway, it's a self fulfilling prophecy and wrestling. We've actually talked about this on and off for years now, and uh, and man, this NXT show was a shining exam so this show Tuesday was almost a women's show. The show opened up with well, I mean there was a there was a segment with uh, we'll get to in a minute, but like, the first match was a women's match, the second match was a women's match. Then they did an angle to set up a women's match, which was the main event of the show. And it was like, probably, I don't know, half the show was segments involving women full fifty percent, and from the moment they opened, they talked about it all night long, and they pushed it really hard as the show was going off the air. This is a company that has the best women's division in the world. That's what they said, the best women's division in the world. Now we're gonna be honest. Actually, you know what, I would say that that's true. If if we go by what exactly they said, which is the best women's division in the world, this would indicate by the words division, that there's a division between the men and the women, So that would include you know, Stardom and Marygold and this would be just promotions that have men's divisions and women's divisions. Okay, I mean they're pushing hard. This is the best women's division in the world. And if you look at the depth of talent, like right now, I mean you could argue that, but here's the most important thing. Okay, here's the most important thing. Fact of the matter is they treat the women exactly like they treat the men. The women may invented the pl the women may invented this TV show. The women had fifty percent of the segments on the entire show, and they have pushed that the women are as important as the men, and that it is the best women's division on earth. And you know what, the fans buy it, and they react to the women's stars like they react to the men's stars. They react to the women's matches like they react to the men's matches. And if you look at the quarter hours, I mean, often the highest rated thing on the show is a segment involving women. Now, let's compare that to AW. And this is not a new criticism. This is a criticism that has gone back years and years and years to the point where a guy nearly won the prediction contest by predicting there would be two women's matches on an AW show. Okay, the AW women, with the exception of brit Tony Storm, Mercedes and Mariah May, which by the way, is four over the last five years. Okay, with the exception of them, the women's I mean it's always been an afterthought. I mean, you can love Chris stat Lander and you can love whoever, but it has always been treated as an afterthought. Okay, And really, really, I mean, forget all those women. I mean, even Mercedes is not headlining shows. I mean, we got Tony Storm and Mariah May headlining a show. So you know, Mariah May and Tony is the best women's program that they've ever had. They gave it more attention than any other women's program in history and for a longer period of time. But with the exception of that, I mean, are we is Letty gonna argue that the women are not an afterthought in aaw and as a result, you know, you can look at the quarter hours of Dynamite, the women are not going to be the top rated thing on the show. Even even the big return of Tony Storm member which he made her big return and did that angle with Mariah, That segment lost viewers. The return of Tony Storm to feud with Mariah May. Everybody's arguing about how it was fine for her to have her first match back on Rampage or whatever. It was fine, dude, That segment with Tony Storm her return of the ring on Rampage did a normal number. I'm not talking about the show as a whole, like the show as a hole. That Rampage did better than usual, but it did better than usual because the opening segment was the Woo Woo guy who did like a great opening segment. But Tony's segment was just like a segment on the show. So it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Tony clearly has the idea that the women are not going to do as well as the men. You know, I'll do some stuff with them if somebody like Marian Tony really get over like, I'll give them segments. But in generally you can see that his impression is they're just not gonna do what the guys do, and so in fact they don't because that's how they're promoted on the show. Whereas WWE is decided we are going to push this idea that we have the best women's division on Earth. They push it that way, they feature them that way, they put them in prominent positions. They put them in the top of the hour, they put them in the main events, and you know what they've done. They have created, in the eyes of their fans, the best women's division in the world, and the women do as well or better than the men. So there's a lesson here. It's not like it's a new lesson. I mean it's basic promotion. If you promote something is important, like people will learn that it's important, and if you don't, they won't.
Speaker 2: So that was a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not in one to one comparison because NXD is wweas third branded is there to develop people and all that sort of stuff. But really it goes back to aw and developing talent and making people believe in certain people and making people stand out. And NXT's been able to do that. Yes, you have Julia and Stephanie Vacker and Roxanne Perez Win in there already very seasoned despite her age. But then you've seen the Fallon Henley's of the world come along. Then you've seen the Tiffany Strattons of the world come along. We've seen other people kind of go through. Now we've seen lash legend improve and these people have improved over time, because they've invested in them. We made fun of Jasmine Nicks when she started. Now she actually fits in quite well with Jacy Jane and Fallen Henley, And if Henley goes up to the main roster, it's going to open up more doors. And things are not perfect there. They're not great. All of the stories don't click and all of that sort of stuff. But like you mentioned, you know, when you do have stars and look on the NXT roster, that's the one thing they've been able to do too, is when you do have a star that's bigger on the women's side than the men's side. I mean, other than Opa Femmi and Trek Williams, who's really over in comparison to Julia, Stephanie and Roxanne, Like nobody is close to that. So you know, for them to be in the main event position, that's what it actually should be.
Speaker 1: And somebody asked, yeah, well what about Ron SmackDown. Well, on SmackDown this week, Ripley's one of.
Speaker 3: The biggest stars in the world.
Speaker 1: Over the last two years, the Piper Niven Bianca Bellair quarter was the highest rated quarter on the show. So that was just this week and then let's see you.
Speaker 3: Don't even have to rio. Ripley's want have been one of the biggest women's wrestlings.
Speaker 1: Well, she's a big star, but that doesn't mean that she's always going to do like good numbers.
Speaker 3: But she does. But yeah, but as far as you know, the argument of how you position and place somebody, how you go with the flow if somebody is getting over to that sort of degree, and how you play with it, I mean, my god, I mean, look how over she is?
Speaker 1: Stupid God, broken images anything else anyway? Well, all right, so the show opened up with actually it was a great segment. Oba Femi comes down to the ring for a promo, but the lights quickly go out and out comes the TNA X Division champion Moose. Moose and the place when nuts. They had like a fifteen to twenty second chant that they had to edit. It's just silence for like twenty straight seconds, and then Moose says, hate to burst your bubble. I'm the one guy you can't rule over. And they have not announced a date yet, but this match is gonna happen, and next week we're gonna get Moose in action in Cincinnati against Brian Pillman Junior for the X Division title, so that should be exciting.
Speaker 3: Have we seen that at any point over the years.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But all I know is all they had to do was look at each other and tease a match, and this place was going wild. We didn't need a brawl, we didn't need like anything. It was simple and it was perfect and.
Speaker 3: We will not need the Heritage Cup on the line. It won't be.
Speaker 1: Stupid Ariage Cup. Then we had I'm not going to go over every single segment. I know people get mad, but that's what Thursday's for, and we have five minutes. We had Carmen, Kolani and Jada in a three way number one contenders match for the North American title, and hey, you know, we've talked about it like there's good and bad. The good thing is the fans went nuts for this match. They saw him as three stars fighting. The negative is that it is a developmental match and as a result, it was just a completely choreographed three way There's like no life to it. It's just i'll do a spot, you do a spot. I'll do a spot. You do a spot, you do a counter. I'll do a spot. And then at the end, which was funny. Actually, Jada Parker does sit down spot in the corner on Uklanie and then she does her high step gimmick and then she's high stepping. Carmen sneaks in and pins Klannie and wins and Chetah. Parker is very angry and even Booker's like she got she distracted herself. Booker, I don't know, man, I don't know tonight he had some moments, but you know what, he was also good. He was good in a lot of spots and on a weekly basis, I get way more, way more irritated by Vic Joseph than I do. Booker t and this night was no exception. And then they had the most hilarious moment ever. So there's a brawl afterwards. Jade and Colonie start brawling and uh, this is an outcome, j C, Jasmine and Fallon and they start beating up Klon and Ashanti. The Adonis is there and he goes hell, hell, and they go to commercial. They beat on her for four minutes during that commercial break. And then after they've beaten on her for four minutes during the commercial break, in run the babyfaces Jordan and Uh and Julia or Stephanie or whoever, and Vic Joson goes right in the nick of time. I'm like, dude, they've been beating her for four minutes. That's right in the nick of time.
Speaker 3: Stephanie's intro and music like Ava, Why are you letting get beaten like dying.
Speaker 7: Dying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good job, Ashanti. He can't even I know you can't hit the other women like but dude, pick her up and take her to the back, dude. He Then we have Soul and Tzaria versus Jakara and lash which I don't know what I was expecting, but it was far better than whatever I was expecting. My only negative, which I've said a thousand times, and you know the answer I got today was it doesn't matter anymore, which I guess is probably right. But why is Carmen Why is Soul Ruka straightening her hair? Okay, here's the thing. Her regular hair is distinctive, number one, and in this business you want to be distinctive, you want to stand out. And number two, her normal hair is surfer hair, and she's got a surfer gimmick. But now she straightened it. And I swear to God, if you watch this match and she looks exactly like Charlotte. She's in there looking like Charlotte. You know we don't need two Charlotte's back in the moment.
Speaker 2: With more Deserverlive. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have the time to finishing at the XT report today, but uh we do have Ethan Paige and Wes Lee versus Ricky Saints and Javon Evans next week. I love that match the Hardys Hardy's. The Hardys will be on NXT and they will be facing uh uh no Corter, catch crew, those ten boys and yes, yes, if that's you texting me right now, stop it. I'm trying to wrap this show up.
Speaker 3: No, not you.
Speaker 1: And Fatal Influence Julian Jordan and Stephanie was the main event, which ended with the baby Faces winning Jordan's finished Made in Japan which is the zame As Penta and then all three women celebrated, but you could see that they were staring each other down and by the way throughout the show, the new group the debuted the pay per view beating people up. They were beating people up throughout the show, and of course that had to be the Koudi gras on the show. The show ends with more geeks beaten up and Ava goes in and she doesn't know what happened. Of course you don't. It was the mystery geeks. It's been happening in the whole show.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest, very clean spray painting on the wall for somebody in a hurry.
Speaker 1: Oh you also, you know what else?
Speaker 3: You know what else?
Speaker 1: Vick was driving me nuts about God, this whole show. Okay, it was like there was no card, Like throughout the show, the wrestlers are just coming out and making matches for later, like the main event was made on the fly and like, and Vick's like, busy night for Ava.
Speaker 3: Like, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's the opposite. She doesn't have to do anything. Everyone else is booking the matches. She did'n have a card. What do you mean it's a busy night for Ava. Ca Hey, send me your after Dark stuff to Pacific five Eastern. I want to know about weird things in your town Brian at after Dark Radio show dot com, or just send it to my email with after Dark in the subject line two Pacific, five Eastern on Sports Byline, YouTube, Twitch, all these platforms. Check it out, and that's it. Everybody will talk to you. X I Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network