Speaker 1: Jonas. Hello, and welcome back to the Hey Jones podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey Jonas, this is very, very exciting. We have a guest on the pod today who I've been spending a lot of time with.
Speaker 3: And no it's not Jonathan or Joe Jonas. I kind of feel like the guests because I'm on zoom. But yes, yeah, well tell us.
Speaker 2: Where you are first before welcome our guests, just so people know why you're not here in person with us.
Speaker 3: I'm in the other room, all right, you're taking a pall has a strict contract against me.
Speaker 2: This keep me at least twenty feet away.
Speaker 1: So I felt that was really inappropriate of me. I'm regretting laying down those rules because it seems as if we would have some sort of personal beef. What is the beef?
Speaker 2: Too many handsome guys in one room at the same time, beef the cats out of the bag. Our guest today is Paul Rudd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome, make some noise.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys. I'm so happy to be here. We're so glad you're here. Thanks for doing this, thank you for having me and you guys are having a busy day, busy day, so it's a press junket day, right, Yeah, but it's you know, as far as press junkets go, I feel like it's been manageable. Okay, and this part is really actually fun. This feels separate from we did that on purpose so far. Yeah. Yeah, we'll see how this goes. This could this could all go sound So we are on.
Speaker 2: The press tour press junket for our new film power balland which which comes out June fifth. We shot this movie in Dublin two years ago. It's hard to believe. I know, I was flown and it's so exciting to have you on on the pod. We have a lot to discuss now. We've been answering a lot of questions about the film, which we're going to talk about at some point, but we've been talking about it so much recently. We'll start in some other places. I think, go somewhere else for a minute.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, What did you do last night in New York? Did you guys get in yesterday? I know you did because we were on the same plane.
Speaker 1: But well, I have been here, I live here, Yeah, so it's kind of great. That's wonderful.
Speaker 2: We were both in Brooklyn, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what's your home?
Speaker 4: I did ask that one time on an interview with someone I kind of realized during an interview was hosting someone hosting Live with Kelly. They were talking about their kid going to college, and I was like, Oh, that's so great, where's she going? And then she looked at me, like the kids looked at me with the eyes of like, how dare you ask for you? And I'm like it was conversational, it was new. I've lived that moment in my fame.
Speaker 1: Kevin Sha we have.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn has the I won't say where, but we have the best Hollywood neighborhood. I think in Manhattan or New York City, I should say. It's kind of chock full of after Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you guys get into the decorations for Halloween?
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: I thought you said Hollywood.
Speaker 1: You said Halloween for Halloween. Halloween. I know what you're talking about because kind of like where we are too, it's.
Speaker 4: Hollywood is there's a lot of actors and famous people.
Speaker 1: We decorate. We decorate our house with pictures of actors from many different like Old Hollywood, New Hollywood. It's very hot, we go very high. We really celebrate Hollywood in our house.
Speaker 4: So break this down so you guys. So it's you're living in a community that goes hard for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah you do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Out in Jersey, we have like a safe zone. They shut down all the streets. Great, it's the greatest thing ever parties.
Speaker 2: I am not a fan of of Halloween.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I know it's it's gonna get me canceled by all the people that might want to.
Speaker 4: You know, you've dressed up like three times, like his entire only three.
Speaker 2: We weren't really.
Speaker 1: Allowed to dress up as kids.
Speaker 2: So our dad was a pastor, so we had this this thing at our church.
Speaker 1: Success.
Speaker 2: Instead of Halloween, it was harvest Fest.
Speaker 1: And it sounds worse dressing up for harvest Fest. Yeah, it sounds.
Speaker 2: It's basically thing you dress up, You get candy and there's haystacks and pumpkins, but it's not demonic like what differentiates it.
Speaker 4: It's at the church, and the only thing that was at the church.
Speaker 2: And you weren't allowed to wear like a ghost costumer.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, so so you kind of for you didn't never trick or treat it. No, I didn't really want to do it.
Speaker 2: And then as I got older and it was more about like going to Halloween parties and stuff. It's not an area of interest to me. I did, however, dress up one year as marky Mark or or Mark Wahlberg. I did finger quotes there for the people that can't see, which was basically just me in a T shirt and jeans and a backwards hat burglar if I do remember, I was, yeah, what's your favorite Halloween times?
Speaker 1: And what do you go as?
Speaker 4: Do you guys do themes as a family.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, you know, because you know with this we give out candy and on stuff, and so it's part of the deal. You do kind of dress up. And I have had a theme, like, uh, last last Halloween, I was fran Lebowitz and my wife was Annie Leibowitz, so we were we were we Weres and Lebovits. The year before that, I was Quin, she was Richard drive Us from Jaws. We usually kind of do it together, and this year I got it. I picked I got a Halloway costume, and I didn't kind of consult with my wife and I go, I've got the costume and she goes, what what? And I was post Malone and she was like, well, who the hell am I going to be? And I was like, you know, you could be what about jelly Roll? She was like she's she's furious, so she kind of dogged me and I was just kind of by myself alone.
Speaker 4: And she could have gone as a bud light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually pretty good, post.
Speaker 3: Malone, a bud light would have been a great Like, Yeah, I went as a Tigger Woods one year, and I was Tigger from.
Speaker 4: When the obviously the Pooh. I was stressed as a golfer.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. I liked those kind of really kind of.
Speaker 4: Clever and my day was the spoon and she just covered carried around. But that wasn't a creative that's great.
Speaker 1: Do you have to like now, you know with your daughter? Definitely you get do you dress up? Or do you I do?
Speaker 2: I I dress up? Last year, she wanted to be a spooky princess, so she was basically just a princess. But with I did her makeup. It was like, you know, spooky makeup. Yeah, but she did the hands, the hands kept doing this spooky it was And I got all these brownie points because I was, you know, I was here to the city with all the dads, and we left Malti's you know, school, and went to one of the family's homes and.
Speaker 1: Had some pizza for the kids, and the adults all.
Speaker 2: Wanted you know, like a quick drink, like a beer or seltzer or something, and so I sort of had like a you know, a setup where I had like a little cooler and and as we were walking around, I was I was passing out beers to the dads on the walk and they were very thrilled about it.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: And it was. Yeah, it was a good time, boozy walk with it like we do the Red Wagon.
Speaker 1: It's just full oh yeah, nice.
Speaker 4: There is a lady in our neighborhood that does it, but full Margarita like set up. That's too wow and like shaking the ice, the whole salt, all of it. It's fantastic. That's pretty great, all right. So, speaking of now that this has become a Halloween.
Speaker 3: Episode, I'm gonna switch gears real quick and ask a question, really to your movie, because I'm quite interested, but it's not related to a movie.
Speaker 4: At the same time, Nick tells us Paul that you're a big fan of Dublin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very much and a fan of Guinness. Yeah, which we are big fans of Guinness. I got to tour the factory a couple of years ago. Is one of the most amazing things. What about Guinness do you love? There's really nothing like it? I mean, I know there's like, well he could have Murphy Stout there as stouts and things like that, but Guinness it tastes great.
Speaker 1: It has that history, as you say, which I find very interesting. I think that Guinness is really is kind of a part of Ireland's not just identity, but it's DNA. It is kind of they've they're synonymous with with when another they go together and you know, it's like you feel you feel like when you if you're drinking a pint a Guinness, you're you're taking part in something even bigger than just sitting there and having a beer. There's just something about it. There's I I love it. I just love it.
Speaker 3: Been to the Devonshire in London, I have yeah, oh so great. So they have I guess Ash who's a friend of mine who started that pub. They are awarded the best pint and I'm doing Nick's Marky Mark quotations for those who can't see that because I guess they clean their pipes and their barrels every day rather than like once a few days or once a week, which is what Guinness factory.
Speaker 4: Obviously, when you have a pint there, it's so different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, assuming that's it. Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. That's okay. I'm excited about guinnis for I am too, which is why it's my enthusiasm is boiling over. Yeah, to clean your the lines every day is a real that's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's that's a journey.
Speaker 1: That is and you know, people often say that the guinness in Ireland is better and that it's made differently. People think that when you have in other parts of the country, like if you have in the US.
Speaker 4: It's like bagels in New Jersey just better.
Speaker 1: It's but the reason that it tastes better in Ireland it's not because it's made differently. It's fresh. You know, they drink so much guinness in Ireland that if you go into any pub in Ireland there's a really good chance that that was made that week. When you're drinking a pine of guinness in the States or somewhere else, it's had to come over by on a ship and it's it's still really great, but it's just. It was made a little while ago. It's just.
Speaker 4: And it makes you stronger, right, It makes you stronger.
Speaker 1: It makes you stronger. Iron, it's got iron. It makes you stronger. It makes your life better. It solves all of your emotional problems. Yeah better. Yeah, Yeah, you can split the G like a pro these days. Split in the G. Yeah, I tried to.
Speaker 2: Split the G. We had our our big premiere for power Ballad in Dublin a couple months ago. Is at the Dublin International Film Festival. You know, the social media team came up and said, hey, we would try to split the G for this thing. And I failed miserably, And I watched you do it a few times while we were shooting, and with such ease, and became honestly quite jealous of your ability and and Joe's to split the G.
Speaker 1: So the next time we're.
Speaker 2: All together, I'm going to give it my best shot and we'll give it another go. But a question on that front, do you have a guess on draft in your house?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, in my house, I have you change the keg out yourself every day. Yeah, this is why I know what it's like to clean the lines. I get the lines cleaned. Weirdly enough, a guy who lives around the corner for me cleans lines. It's it's like there's a guy that cleans the pipe. There's a client. He does a lot of the pubs around it. He's like a medical procedures. Yeah, I have a guy come over to my house to clean my pipes.
Speaker 4: You guys really do live in a rich neighborhood.
Speaker 1: But I do. I go and get the kegs and the tanks, then get the oxygen and nitrogen mix and process. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I put a keg in my house and I did it once and I was like, cool, I'm buying bottles from here on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it said it's a bit of an effort. Yeah, and you feel you kind of need a lot of people to come over because you're not going to just kill that thing by yourself.
Speaker 4: If you do, there's a hotline for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then there's sometimes you go on and it's like, oh, I haven't touched any of this in a long time, or I haven't been around, and then I have to return the keg. And when you return a keg of guinness that's like three fourths still full or like half full. You feel like it's embarrassing and a man feel like a failure, and I feel very self conscious to the you know, the guys at at thrifty Beverage like what happened? They shake your case.
Speaker 4: You have the greatest excuse ever. It's like, oh, I was filming a movie. Yeah, like I'm I was on set a.
Speaker 2: Lot, Kevin, Joe's to update you. Me, Me and Paul we've been doing interviews and talking about the film a lot. We've we could probably both kind of list what the sort of top five questions were.
Speaker 4: I can try can I try to guess you and we'll tell you if you're right or wrong. Paul Nick, thank you so much for your time. I promise I won't take too much on you. Guys are doing a lot of interviews today. You're playing the interviews in okay, copy cover.
Speaker 2: I know we can't tell sometimes when Joe's active, I just want to want to know, like you did you guys like jam on set because I know you both love music. That was one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Another one is that, Paul, have you been have you have you or your family been to a Brother's show before?
Speaker 1: I have not been asked asked that.
Speaker 2: I've been asked a lot of what's your favorite Jones Brothers song type of stuff.
Speaker 4: You were a wedding singer in the in the movie, so it's got to be like, what songs do you like to sing that are not your own? Like karaoke?
Speaker 1: Is that a song? You asked that?
Speaker 4: That's what I just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last night they said we have a question from your brother and it was that question. But one question that I found to be really interesting because it was it was it was it was fun to talk about the movie. But there was one that that just came up in the thing, and I love you to speak more about it was it said who is a surprisingly good singer in your circle? And you had a few great names. Yeah, I was surprised to hear. And if if you don't mind, you can sure well.
Speaker 1: I was saying, you know, Steve Carell is a great singer and that tracks and it can go really hide as harmonies and everything. He's just really talented, really good singer.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you not to audition for the office or something. Is that did?
Speaker 1: Did he? I told him, you told him not to Yeah, what whoa? We were filming Anchorman.
Speaker 4: She sings an anchorman. Yeah, what's the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does the high harmony. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're doing that and you told him?
Speaker 1: He said, they're doing the Office. Uh, there's just said in me doing the Office. And it was the time that they were showing it on BBC Ricky Dravais, which was so great, and they're just gonna do those for American and I'm like, oh, you don'tant to do that.
Speaker 2: That's such a great show.
Speaker 1: Clearly I was the idiot in that scenario because he knew obviously a lot more than I did. And it was an interesting lesson. Uh one, who am I to tell anybody what they should or shouldn't do. It's it's a terrible decision. But most of all, thank god he didn't listen to me. Right, he's a genius and the show is amazing. Yeh. And I look back and go, yeah, all right, that one was a lesson. Yeah, No, I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Has there been roles for yourself that somebody said, hey, you shouldn't do this and you did, and you're like, haha, in your face, look at me.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Kroll.
Speaker 1: Now, No, there have been things that people say. You people that say, oh, you shouldn't do that role, but it's after. It's generally after I did the thing and it came out.
Speaker 4: We've gotten a couple of those. Oh that's always the great one.
Speaker 3: You you look, you're like, there's a film I was in, or it was a movie I was in and like somebody walked up in me and you could tell they didn't know what to say.
Speaker 4: But they're like that that is a film.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta say, technically that was a film credits and everything. H Well, I mean I was sitting there, it was projected, it was right there up there on the screen. I couldn't believe it, and there's pop. These people see this. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so there's Steve Carell. That worked out just fine. But who else were those names that you mentioned were great singers? Because I feel like the world needs to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobby conn of Olli is a great singer. Bobby kna a name like that. Yeah, you know, I've worked with Ken Marino's many times. He's a dear friend of mine. And you know they he's a great singer and he actually sings in this thing called the middle Aged Dad Jam Band with David Wayne and so you can see it on like they tour. It sounds. Yeah, you can check him out, and he's he's really good. He's really good. He can also sing exactly like James Taylor, which is really weird. We used to do karaoke a lot together. I said, put in a James Taylor's song and it sounds like the record. It's crazy. And then the other one that he can do like to a t will surprise you, Macy Gray. That is range. This is how talented Ken Marino is, great actor, great writer, hilarious, can sound exactly like James Taylor and exactly like Macy Gray, and he might be the only person on the planet.
Speaker 4: She do a recording of a duet between the two.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's right. Maybe he could do her town too, but instead of Jad's other du Macy Gray and James Taylor. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Now, speaking of impressions, natural seque, you're you're part of the five Timers Club? Yeah? Yeah, and l which is did you get a jacketing?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't give naked jacket.
Speaker 2: I'm not a part of the five timers club, That's why. But this is a thing that I wanted to discuss with you. I have been a musical guest more than five times now. I don't know if that counts.
Speaker 1: But they gave Wow, Jack White, they gave him a jacket. They dad didn't. Is he the first musical guest to get a one of the jackets?
Speaker 2: Well, he's certainly not the first to do it, clearly. How many times have you died bitter?
Speaker 1: I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think it is about five times that I've been a musical guest. I've hosted once. Yeah, but you have the jacket.
Speaker 1: I have the jacket. I have a house.
Speaker 4: You n your jacket, your jacket.
Speaker 1: The fifth I am I hosted. It was during COVID, and it's actually the only show in SNL's history that they actually we still did it, but everyone was sent home, so we kind of had to cancel the show. No sketches and everything, and we're scrambling to rewrite what the show might be. So it was pretty it was pretty.
Speaker 2: Before it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, there was industry. What is COVID again. First, let's go back to the wet markets. Yeah, so you got you've got these bats. I'm gonna do your your air quotes. There's it's market Mark's fault. Yeah, market Mark and the Funky Bats Five Timers Club that we had a big opening sketch and Tom Hanks was in it and Tina Fey was in it and a bunch of people that were you know, and the show at about two or three got uh canceled. They told other people that were in the sketch not to come in.
Speaker 4: This is the day of So you think there was some exposures that was that was happening, Well.
Speaker 1: It was just when the Omicron variant was kind of popping up, and we were.
Speaker 4: On a musical tour at that point, and the Omicron musical we were on a we were doing shows for the cruise and people were dropping like.
Speaker 1: Flies, and the cast was really nervous and understandably, and there was a lot of confusion and people didn't know what to do. So everyone kind of went home. But Tom Hanks and Tina Fey were already in the studio because we were gonna rehearse and do all that, and so they wound up staying and we were coming up with what the show might be, and uh Tina wound up doing Weekend Update with Michael Chay because Colin Shows had COVID and wasn't there and and it was weird. And then Tom Hanks, Keenan Thompson and I it was just the three of us sitting in the audience watching Weekend Update with the two of them, and it was just like five of us. It was so surreal.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Wild. Yeah, And Charlie XCX was supposed to be the musical guest. They sent her home. We had already filmed a couple of pieces that week, so they aired those and then we talked about favorite sketches from Christmas shows in the past, because it was a Christmas show and it was a real amazing example of the show must go on, but a very very unique experience. That is wild. I'm gonna have to go back and watch that to watch it too.
Speaker 2: We have a tradition on our little pod here, a new tradition. It's just a bowl of stupid questions, nothing to do with one's career.
Speaker 3: We don't know if they're stupid. Actually, Nick, that's they might actually stupid. They might be important.
Speaker 4: Okaylo, question there we go that sounds free you sir? Okay, what's your most irrational fear that.
Speaker 1: You know makes no sense?
Speaker 2: And starting off with a light.
Speaker 4: One SNL hosting an irrational fear that makes.
Speaker 1: No sense? Just doing podcasts, honestly, I get it, clip it.
Speaker 2: I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, we were recently in our our our you know, sort of album promo I guess this last year, and I really enjoyed the podcast form. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. But some of them that touch on some of the more emotional things, you know, it got really real. I found myself really taken by it. Used to be, right, we'd just do interviews and it was all the surface of a fun ship. And now we're asking you questions out of a bowl, like what's your most irrational fear?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, by the way, and it's and I wish, you know, I wish I had like like a more entertaining answer, like you know, pinto beans or something weird? Right, like what and that makes no sense to have.
Speaker 4: An irrational fear that you can't Where do you want to begin?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, I mean yeah, I think we all do.
Speaker 2: But it's a strange thing to have to come up within the moment and then answer it or have it in the back of your mind you know it's there, and say, well, now I'm doing the whole world. Yeah, so what don't going other question? Okay, but I respect the answer.
Speaker 1: No, I remember that is like being facetious. But I can't. I'm trying to. I will have many rational fears, irrational fears.
Speaker 4: This one may or may not fully apply.
Speaker 1: So we're going to figure this out.
Speaker 4: Would you rather accidentally like an ex's photo from eight years ago or send a voice memo.
Speaker 2: You didn't mean to send?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I've been married for quite Yeah, my wife and I have been together for so long.
Speaker 4: So put the number whatever that is plus like four for like an ex.
Speaker 1: Well, if I did that, it was the child. I've been with my wife for longer then I've not been with her. I've been my wife. I've been together for over thirty years. No, no, no, no, no, let's talk about I guess and if by an X before that I did, I mean, this is how old I am. I actually did have excess before it would've been together for thirty years. So I guess it would be. Yeah, just an ex of my girlfriend. I dated Jessica Tandy back in the day.
Speaker 2: Andy, what a name?
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird?
Speaker 2: Like those names just like they stay there and the home phone.
Speaker 4: So would you rather accidently yeah, I can do that one. Would you rather accidentally like that? Or send a voice memo you didn't mean to send?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I think you mean just getting a picture like you just like you know, you scroll on Instagram and you're like, heart a photo.
Speaker 1: Oh if you heart it from.
Speaker 4: Eight years ago, which means you're deep in the feed.
Speaker 1: Oh see this is how again, I'm a fossil I do what is this Instagram you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Copy of copy understood.
Speaker 1: Yes, it depends what are you saying the a voice memo? You don't mean like if your it depends on what the voice memo is.
Speaker 4: That's totally true.
Speaker 1: I mean if it's like, if you're sending a voice memo, that's just like hey, you want to say, hey, see how you're doing, Like and you send it to somebody. That great if you send it if you're talking, if you're talking ship or you're like, there's something going on with my colon And then you send them to like you know, actually like your your your kid's dentist, your kid's dentist, and it's like I think, and dents says, well, that's a different line of medicine. Are you I think I can check your teeth? Yeah, I mean, I'll see how the chair adjusts. Come on in, come on, I do have a lot of equipment here, very bright light. Although when I say rinse, definitely don't go near don't go near the bowl or do.
Speaker 4: I gotta say the voice memo thing. My wife was in her bedroom with her sister the other day and they were up there for like an hour and a half. They come down, she grabs her phone and she didn't realize she they were definitely up there, like being sisters talking shit, and they had recorded about being probably about everybody and anyone who knows you know, they're just about Paul Rudd Nick. Yeah, they recorded on accident. The entire conversation was. It was recording for an hour and forty minutes. Oh wow, I was like, guys, before you delete this, let me listen to it.
Speaker 1: Did they let you know? They were like absolutely not.
Speaker 4: They like so I knew that they were definitely talking.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, because used any of those.
Speaker 4: Like it's like a sleep app where you can record you're your sleep talking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, i'd be kind of do you talk? Do you talk in your sleep? Do you guys talk in your sleep?
Speaker 3: I think everyone does and doesn't realize because I thought I didn't really speak speak in my sleep talk in my sleep? And little things like you know, just you're I can probably pull it up. It want something recording me while I'm sleeping.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of fart noises and a lot of like yeah, it's like just.
Speaker 1: Ye man, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And speaking of ant man, you saved a candy store.
Speaker 2: Yea, I've been to the candy store. Actually, Joe and I both went, yeah.
Speaker 1: We we should wear big sup borders you. I know, I was very touched that you did, and I, uh, you're a sneaky because I was like, oh, let mean, you know.
Speaker 3: To be fair, we didn't really I didn't know it was yours until afterwards because I saw there was candy with your face on it, and that was kind of a I was like, is there there.
Speaker 1: Being a little self congratulatory? Doesn't it well? In my candy store? I get a right christy tree with my face on it. Yeah, that's incredible. So I was this story was confused.
Speaker 3: I was like, this small town in upstate New York has this cute little candy store and they really like Paul Rudd.
Speaker 1: This story, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm into it.
Speaker 1: How did that happen? So how it come to be? Yeah, how it happened. It's in rhine Beeck, New York, deck and there this store existed before I became one of the co owners. There are a couple of us, but the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan and his wife Hillary Burton, they are also owners, our friend Andy Astroyd, and then my wife and I. And this store was owned by a guy named Ira who was kind of a fixture in the town and and the loveliest guy who sadly passed away in his fifties. And the town isn't that big, and the candy store is so kind of crucial I think for the town. We didn't want to lose the store for the town, and so we took it over just with the hopes of not hopefully not losing too much money, but keeping it for the for the kids that you know that work there toally and for the town and people go in and it's been really one of the great things that we share all of us and in our lives. And it's so nice because we're in there all the time. But nobody's in a bad mood when they're in a cane candy store. No way. And uh they actually there's a bag of candy here. By the way, I did spy the sticker on that bag.
Speaker 4: So I've just saying to open the bag of candy and see what's inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're curious. Here you picked up so these are oh, this is from your shop.
Speaker 4: This is from the shop from Samuel's chest. So if you're ever in rhneback, everyone make sure.
Speaker 1: Those are Those are clod hoppers. I noticed them.
Speaker 4: Hops are big winner.
Speaker 1: Clodhoppers are killing.
Speaker 4: Love the Lego blocks, the non branded Lego.
Speaker 1: Blocks, Yeah they really those. This is I love candy. I have a real issue like and I like candy that is really meant for little kids. I love those lego candies and they actually do click together like legos.
Speaker 4: They're incredibly fun to play with.
Speaker 2: Andy. That was quite good. Well, it's a beautiful story. We loved going there. We were at your candy chaptering Christmas time. Yeah, I get mine flown to New York City. As you can see, we were clearly not locals when we we went, because we went out for lunch on the day after Christmas and at about three pm weather started to change and this this snowstorm started.
Speaker 3: You kind of sound like you're telling a children's Christmas story, Nick, I'm kind of am. It's the day after Christmas, and we basically sit.
Speaker 2: The restaurant, and the people that work there like, hey, you know you might want to go soon. It's going to get pretty bad. We're like, oh, it doesn't look too bad yet. So Joe and I decided to walk around the town with my daughter and parents and this thing kicks up. Yeah, storm kicks up, and so we go in the pizza shop to get a quote, emergency pizza in case the power shuts down everything else, And then we stalled even further and went to your candy shop. And that's when they were basically like, you should probably get home now.
Speaker 1: It was that storm was crazy. It was wild.
Speaker 2: We got our car got stuck at the base of this hill and we had to walk up about a quarter mile in the snowstorm. And there's some photos that you can see if you're watching the pot and put them up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on to Saved the Pizza candy. And by the way, I just had a pizza. It was incredible.
Speaker 4: Would you like these right now or are you not?
Speaker 1: Really? Save him for later? So great reflex these. This is the thing about the these candy legos. I really like the yellow ones because they're kind of banana flavored. The red ones are really good. I think that might be Kevin hates good thing you got the Vin. Kevin's fake allergic to banana, banana candy, just banana everything. I have a way of eating these too, where it's like I scraped the off does The blue ones will turn your tongue bright blue.
Speaker 4: You should eat that before the premiere tonight.
Speaker 1: That'll look good, all right?
Speaker 4: So I have some questions from people, and this is what they want to know. This is from Sarah. Clueless is iconic. Of course it is Sarah, and everyone loves it. But did anyone ever bring up on the set that share in her stepbrother dating was maybe a little weird.
Speaker 1: I think maybe they did. I definitely heard about it after the movie came out. People would take the thing that's kind of strange. Yeah, but it's a bold choice. Not their fault.
Speaker 4: They're attracted to each.
Speaker 1: Other and they you know, technically slip it. Not blood related. That's what I'm saying. All the same, I see what you're saying. It's, by the way, what a horrible thing decision this was to eat a piece of candy next to a like this to a microphone, especially one of these legos, which takes a while. I'll take it out. You did, you did good.
Speaker 4: You committed to it. I saw you like you started scraping.
Speaker 1: The worst part is is that I've sucked away so much that then it doesn't stick together. This was from Mary.
Speaker 2: This is for Paul, Nick, Kevin and Joe. What musical do you think is genuinely perfecta Isy?
Speaker 4: I'm with you, man, dude, lame is is so fully there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just saw a production recently up in Vancouver, the touring production. And I've seen the show and performed it, you know, probably four hundred times, five hundred times. It never gets old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of my all time faves, I gotta say. And I know it's you know, Hamilton is It's great. It's great. Hamilton is really.
Speaker 4: I just saw Titanic.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you think?
Speaker 1: It so fun? Yeah, it's you seen it? Yeah, I haven't seen it. I remember it was bab Broadway and I wanted to.
Speaker 4: It's so incredibly fun and so like everyone in the cast is incredible and it's it's definitely a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to see that. You gotta go all right.
Speaker 2: Our our movie is not a musical per se, but there is music in the movie. I had incredible time working with you on this project. I am so thrilled that it's it's finally coming out and it's great.
Speaker 4: I got to see it.
Speaker 1: I will say I saw it.
Speaker 4: I got a link. I shared the link to a lot of the people that I know on the internet. They love it too good and yeah, my feet is they're liking it.
Speaker 1: But it was phenomenal. I think it's great.
Speaker 3: And it's also some thing that like, oddly, we watched it and this happened to our friend, a songwriter, so it was like, oh yeah, imitating.
Speaker 1: It happens quite a bit.
Speaker 3: I know that's get any spoilers away, but it's definitely something that I think, you know a lot of people out there that our creatives will relate to and also feel like, wait, did this already happen to me? Is this what this happened to me? And a lot of a lot of new songwriters that we meet an artists are always like, what are some what's some advice? And I think since this film, Nick Kevin and I have both been like, mm, get a good lawyer.
Speaker 4: But it's it's really great. You guys should be so proud. It's really excited for people to see it.
Speaker 1: I'm coming to the premiere time, so thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh great, my link was broken and it's not like a real like I wouldn't want to watch and I sat down to watch it and it was totally.
Speaker 2: Not working right, the link was broken.
Speaker 1: Well you know you'll see it tonight in the theater, and as it was intended, Yeah, yeah, and you really do. This is one I got to say. I think when you do see it in a theater, they always say, oh, you know, you want to say, go see in the theater. But I think the musical element of it and there's a real kind of crowd pleasing thing that's happening that you do experience it differently, and so I hope you like it. It was very fun to do and it was great getting to do it with you, Nick, and you're so nice to me, and uh, you.
Speaker 2: Know this is not my.
Speaker 1: This is this is not my day job what I'm doing in this thing, and you may may feel super comfortable and uh and so I appreciate it. Just to give you some flowers to remember.
Speaker 2: I watched the movie with the Summer Summer last year with Joe and some other friends and family and everyone can watch match was it. Paul singing is incredible and we we all know you as as Paul Rut. You know the Paul Rud as I've said a million times last couple of days.
Speaker 1: Inspired Samuel Sweet shops own yea off spread.
Speaker 2: Consumer, a big fan and get to work with you as a dream. But then for you to jump out and sing like you do in this movie and take on this this this character. It was just incredible to watch. So please go see our movie, everybody and see the theater because it is a heartwarming, classic John Carney film that I think is best watched on the big screen.
Speaker 1: Of Tom Cruise. Go to the movies. See this.
Speaker 4: Yes, someone from New Jersey. I just got asked a bagel order before we go last thing, my bagel order like yours like Taylor hammegg and cheese, Like, what are you getting?
Speaker 1: I I really think I'm straight up I'd like an everything bagel and cream cheese, clean, classic, Yeah, but I like a salt bagel and I like a garlic bagel too, But I also do like a like now, just go down the list. I'm gonna stick with my Ridge, My Ridge. I'm going everything bagel and cream cheese. Done on that note, Thanks guys, thanks for coming