Speaker 1: The pirate ship is cruising. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. This is leading off, brought to you by Bed MGM, the King of Sports Books. It's me Joey p joe Pisavia, back from vacation, refreshed, ready to go. Maybe a little tanner than I left, I don't know. But it's nice to see my friend the Welsh. It's nice to see all my friends here, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, the Randohs Welsh, my friend How's things? How was life without.
Speaker 2: Joey p Oh buddy? It was?
Speaker 3: It was an adventure across the board from we're going to travel the galaxy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna travel.
Speaker 3: It's really good that you bring your hair and your head up here because we are going to have the finality of a contest.
Speaker 2: I created some villainry.
Speaker 3: I was able to become public enemy number one on a Pacific player and you know, not hitting homers and oh and I did start a absolutely brand new trend right there with the MGM ad read. So it's been a magical tour of four days. But I'm gonna imagine you were quite missed. Of course I missed you well.
Speaker 1: I missed you, I missed all of our team here, and yes, doctor Glenn, I am full of butter beer and tanned and ready to go a lot of walking. Florida is very hot. It was a magical time there, and it was a magical time without me, I'm sure for everybody else. But I saw your Tiara. I saw lots of.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a surprise.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, oh no, no, no surprises because everybody, you know, got very excited about all the photoshop work that was being done too. I have seen all of the Joe photoshop with hair, which some of them are pretty magnificent. It's making me rethink my my bald choice.
Speaker 3: Here and Joey can I can I say? You know, I wasn't lying at the end. I don't know if I imagine we want to do this at there, but we have a couple new presentations of hair. We are going to present them, and Joe is going to pick, and we are going to give the winner.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give my fantasy pros hat away, right.
Speaker 1: I yeah, here, We'll do a hat. Let's go. I just I also want to say I'm open to keeping this contest running for another week because they've been so good what I've seen, and everyone's been setting me the screenshots of them. They're spectacular. I've been very impressed with some of the work. Some of your work needs a little little work. Tell me you guys could use a little help on the photoshop. So very good. There's varying levels, but you know what, Welsh I got to say. It was nice to get away for a couple of days with the kiddos. It was nice to hang out. And I hate Disney. I've always you know, I stand by that. We tried Epcot for a few hours. It's that was the one I thought I could stomach.
Speaker 2: Nope, I don't, can't do it's Epcot, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: That's the one with all the countries, which is cool. They have the New Guardians ride. But here's the thing at Disney. You gotta do the thing where you have to pay fifty dollars for the app and then it costs you can book windows of time where you can wait online, and then it's an extra fifteen dollars a person for the Fast Path. No no, no, no, no Universal Studios. You stay at the hotels, you go on all the rides, you get automatic Express Pass, and there's nothing better where more elitism or that feeling inside when you have that fast pass badge and you're showing everyone your badge and you're just walking right past all the randos, you're walking by everybody you feel so you feel so elitists. That to me is the best ride.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, no, I actually I agree with that. That would be the most important thing I'm into Disney. Disneyland is like my thing in my part of the world here, and I haven't gone in a long time. My kids kind of want to go, but it's like we have to prepare because I if I go, I need to have the most magnificent pass. So I'm looking down on the mud people as I walk by.
Speaker 2: I can't blow it all.
Speaker 1: It's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: No, it is what it's all about.
Speaker 1: But universal is a whole different crowd. It's it's it's the Harry Potter crowd, it's the Marvel crowd, It's it's the nerd crowd, which is where I feel very comfortable, whereas suppose everybody, like grown middle aged people wearing ears makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You know, I did not to judge or anything like that, but I have known a person or two, and I know a person or two that they are you know, my age, and their life exists around Disney, like they go three or four times a year, and they're super not trustworthy, Like I really do not trust.
Speaker 2: Them, like someone that's like Disney's our life and.
Speaker 3: They're like, you know, maybe if you're fourteen, but not when you're thirty eight.
Speaker 1: This says it all right here, doctor Glenn Universal greater than Disney. It's just it's not even close. Man, it's not even close. So let's get to baseball here. Enough about that. Let's start with Julio Rodriguez. What a catch he made yesterday, also slugging his thirteenth home run against the A's. Speaking of the A's, Romon and laur I know, homer twice and plated four runs. Justin Turner hit two home runs. That was very nice there against the Padres. Had him in a couple of lineups. That was very nice. Joe Musgrove struck out ten, so everybody worried about that one shaky Joe Musgrove start, can all calm the hell down and relax. Patrick Wisdom crushing two homers against the Reds. Then you know. So. For Christopher Morrell had five hits as well against the Reds.
Speaker 2: Yes, two homers from Mayor.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately he took Patrick Wisdom yesterday, an incredibly good pick.
Speaker 2: Bubba loved the pick. I like the pick.
Speaker 3: I played the same game when was pushing out and it was all Patrick Wisdom and all there.
Speaker 1: When the wind's blown out at Wrigley, get involved. I mean, it's been hard with the Cubs because it's not a great lineup. And shout out, I'm remiss there. Shout out to Bubba, and shout out to Bogman for holding down with my friend the Welsh here while I was out, gave me a few days the first proper vacation in like three years. Like that. We actually got on a plane and went somewhere. So that was very nice. Michael Perez, how about that three homers against the Brewers. The Pittsburgh Pirates just keep hitting home runs. And I heard while I was gone there was something about, oh, I don't know anyo, Cruz, perhaps something regarding you as the Welsh. No, no, nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't know talking about I mean we might have talked a little bit about him here or there. Maybe he had a home run yesterday and maybe I immediately got anxiety and you know, I have to have a drink to chill out on what today is going to be in the chat has been no less. But yeah, you know the the under two forty hitter did hit a home run yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well, I but I but here's the thing, this is on your cruz. Being good out of the gate is not unexpected.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We literally said this the day he got called up here on the show. The next day we said, look, there's a good chance he has a good start here, and if he does, and he plays really well, trade him, Like if you can package him right now in a redraft league for wander Franco. You do that. You do that trade immediately, so and you don't look back, You don't think twice about that trade. It's probably taken more than Anio cruise. But I'm just saying, whenever a rookie comes up and has media success, it doesn't really shock me all that much. It's the adjustment that's coming that I think we're all waiting for. So let's uh, let's let's call it what it is and stay in slight here.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I mean, my I'm fine with it. It's it's actually fun and you know it gives me a bit. It will make people think about me at all times. Onell cruise, uh in the hatred that is now just attached to me, it's displaced because all it is is, I'll say one last time for the week, his hype does not match his production. And to see a guy be the odds on rookie favorite and you know it's a strikeout guy. He hits a couple of incredibly awesome home runs. It all started by that ridiculous home run call in his first homer or in the week, and that's where it's laid out to. But that's that's the funny thing about this. You completely agree with me on this trade him in redraft Dynasty. It's a different discussion about on you cruse this season. His hype is it's to a next level. He might be a really, really good trade option. And we actually posted a poll about it from the end this Leekantasy Baseball podcast, and we said like what would you give up? What would you give up for him? And the biggest thing we saw someone would give up CJ.
Speaker 2: Krohn for O'Neil Cruz.
Speaker 1: How fast can I hit the accept button on that trade. But I think that's Look, that makes sense. It's something we were prepared for. It's something we discussed, and I think it's great that it's happening. So your Annio Cruz investment, if you think about it, you invested in him, he didn't play for two months. Now he's finally up right and he's playing great. So you have to look at it realistically and say, okay, and the investment made an Annio Cruz. Can I flip him for something that I really know? And I can? I mean, look, would you take Corey Seeger for him right now? I think you would. Yes. I mean, that's probably a trade you could probably take as well. There's a few trades out there I think are ripe for the taking right now with Annio Cruz having this great week, and now's the time to make that move because in two weeks from now, if he has a bad stretch or you know, a two for twenty five stretch, that trademarket value is disintegrated and you just have to understand it's not a great Pittsburgh lineup. No matter how many home runs I hit in the last three days, it doesn't matter. It's still not a great lineup, and you know, the line of protection is not going to be there long term. So there's a lot of negatives.
Speaker 2: That's what all gets stuck with. But to see that's what all to get stuck with it.
Speaker 3: Everybody focuses on, you know, me having some fun with it and trying to entertain, and it becomes in Sandy, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I can be the what was it that bear? And I'll remember that one. Chris Welsh is all hype.
Speaker 3: I will remember those things, and I'll remember all these but I'm also going to remember all of the production and all the awesome trades people are gonna pull off. And there is an art to taking advantage of hype. All through fantasy baseball. Everybody says, what's the big stick right now, Joe, this is when you're gonna win your fantasy league because everyone's starting to turn and focus on fantasy football one hundred thousand percent. It also goes to jumping on hype and being able to move players. There's an art to it, and in my mind and how I look at it, this is a prime example of one of those. And he still may have some really good numbers, but will at the end of the year, twelve homers and eleven stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Will that end up being worth.
Speaker 3: You know, keeping him instead of maybe jumping on and getting a great trade.
Speaker 1: So, and to answer JP's question, I'm a Slytherin through and through. I think we all know that.
Speaker 2: Do they have a thing there where you like put on the thing? Look?
Speaker 1: The Gringots riote is spectacular. My oldest daughter did not want to do the Hagrid thing. She doesn't like roller coaster stuff, but they got I mean, it's if you're a Harry Potter, BUTRK and I am. It is the greatest place on earth, especially at night time whenever when all of a sudden, like those lights come on around there and you're walking around, it's it's spectaclic.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't that be the coolest thing. Why do they not have that? Why do they not have a pose for the hack they go on and they pick your house?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think I think people have already know what their houses are when they come there, so they don't want some random They've taken a lot Potter tests already and they have a real attachment. The last thing they want is to get there. I was about to tell them you're a raven claw and you've you've spent your last five years of your life thinking there's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be someone that's gonna like Sue. They're gonna be like, I'm not a slither in. This place is a scam, and they're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Wonky Penguin's also a Slytherin. Right now, I love to see what the other people. If you know what your potter house is, drop it in the chat here.
Speaker 3: I'm probably I think if we did a poll, everyone would vote me Slytherin for sure.
Speaker 1: What's that about vote? You have to answer the questions. You have to take the test, all right. Speaking of taking the test, I think like Juan Soto is uh has been given test and he looked at it. He said, I don't feel like it. Wan Soto apparently has turned down a second giant offer from the Nationals, and I don't blame him. Hector Gomez had been reporting by the Way Thursday Night thirteen years for twenty five he was going to accept it, or that they had upped it or something like that, and of course Sector Gromez was wrong. I don't see any reason if I'm Jan Sota where I'm not trying to hit the open market. Wan Soto is extraordinary talent. Wan Sota is so young, He's accomplished so much, He's already got a ring. Juan Soto, to me, is looking at the Nationals long term and if you're won Soto in the next five years, where's the path to winning? It's look at that division with the Mets and the Braves, look at that division with the Marlins pitching, and look at the system that the Nationals have. Why in God's name would you want to stay there? There's no great stars coming through the system to support him, not on either side of the ball. You know.
Speaker 3: The one thing and I look at this because I saw it was Phil Hughes who tweeted out today and he was just like, should we be worried that Juan Soto's turning down this type of money to go to Washington? You know, I look at it as a different thing where I go, Man, should we be worried at how just mess this system is?
Speaker 2: Because three hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Million dollars to four hundred million dollars, this insane number. I have to assume that this has got to be about years, because what's more insane to me is the years.
Speaker 2: That are attached to these contracts, not the money. If I want to know young, so to that.
Speaker 3: But that's to my point though, Dude, he's twenty four, but they're talking about a thirteen year contract. The guy will be almost as old as me when his contract is done. What you can see, the inflation of these continent is super old. These the inflation of these contracts, He's going to be underpaid in six years and they know it. And the problem is is all these contracts are four hundred million dollars for thirteen years, when these players probably want basketball contracts four years, one hundred and seventy five million dollars. They want the big annuals so they can continuously keep going out into the open market. And I wonder, I don't know, I don't know what's good and what's bad for baseball. Would it be better to get these lower end contracts the players can hit the open market not freak out, so they can stay in their perspective cities. Or is it going to be worse that he's going to turn down this money and he's going to be out into the free agent market and clearly.
Speaker 2: Go to New York, Boston, Florida, wherever he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna go to a big look, he's gonna make hundreds of millions of dollars anyway. I think for Soto it's legitimately about he seems like a very competitive dude. Much by nature, he wants to be in a like. He's already won a World Series, so he can pretty much write his ticket wherever he wants to go. He's gonna make hundreds of million dollars anyway. Don't you want to do it in a location where you're gonna win more consistently and have more chances of playoffs, because we all know, if you're going to be considered one of the all time great players, typically you have to have some playoff runs in there. And I don't see a lot of playoff runs for the Nationals the next five years. And everybody likes a big annual. I think we all love everybody. I'm a sucker for a big annual. I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a sucker for any money in the facual. Yeah, yeah, big old in.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, we're not measuring annuals here, Joe, We're not measuring that. It's not the size of the annual.
Speaker 1: It's all right. Let's get to Jeff passing his tweet from yesterday. Over the last three weeks show, Hayle Tani has put up two and a half wins above replacement. He has been the single best pitcher in baseball and the fifteenth most productive offensive player. Uh and that is spectacular and once again the Otani. I look at it before the show today, plus two seventy on FanDuel over there and same thing, just two fifty I think ont MGM, So, I mean, we told you. I told you it was going to go back into this direction. So it's going to be a question. And of course, of all the days I come back, you know, I'm murrady. I'm doing the show sheets at seven o'clock in the morning, and you know, look at stats. I'm going through stuff and there's Mike Mayer welcome back, Happy Bobby Benia Day, welcoming me back. Of course, I didn't even think about that. I was coming back from Bobby Bobby Day. July first, already Bobby Benia gets his twelfth installment of one one point one nine, three, two four eight point two zero exactly one seven.
Speaker 2: They're breaking a code.
Speaker 1: One million, one hundred and ninety three thousand, two hundred and forty eight dollars and twenty cents. That's exactly what makes the Mets so far have paid him fourteen million dollars and change uh for him not to play for the two thousand season, thirteen years left by the way, and fifteen million plus left to go.
Speaker 3: That is the shocking thing to me as I look at this that I cannot believe thirteen years. Listen are child like. We will have to be telling our children about this, Joe. Our life has a majority, a good majority of our life has consisted of Bobby Bonia day and him being paid. There'll be a time, I know, it's crazy to think where he's not being paid and we're going to have to try to explain Bobby Bonia Day. I still, to this day, I think it is such a great tactic of players to be able to hold and get their money like that, and I wish more players would do it, and I think it makes it fun. And we're still talking about Bobby Bonia but I can't believe it's here again.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it's here, and somebody suggested that Uncle Steve Cohen go out and make a make a ceremony out of it every year where they hands Bobby Bennie a giant check when I think it would be hilarious. I think it would be great.
Speaker 3: Not to belabor this, but like the does the team clearly like why don't they just.
Speaker 1: Buy it out?
Speaker 2: Like do they not want to want it?
Speaker 1: Because?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because they want to take less money on the buyout? Where is your boy?
Speaker 3: What if they said, what if they said, we will give you that exact whatever dollar amount you just said, the thirteen to fifteen point, we will give you that to stop the annual Why why would they not do that? Because because they talk about it every year. I mean every year they look I don't know, I feel like they look stupid. They kind of look dumb Bobby and looks really smart like you got one over. I feel like they kind of look dumb. I don't know, Like, wouldn't they just want to buy it out and just be done with it.
Speaker 1: That's a true story. I actually got stuck on a train in New York with Bobby Benia's sister one day. True story. Uh, and the train stopped and we were sitting next to each other.
Speaker 2: We just just like, are you Joe piece of pa And you're like, as a matter of fact, hey.
Speaker 1: Yo, no, not not in this lightest. She was just really funny and we were hanging out and we were just chatting, and you know, we got to talking about what do I do? When does she do? All stuff? She goes, well, you probably know my brother. And I said who's your brother and she said Bobby Bennie And I said, holy crap. And then she started telling me about how yeah, and he got all fat and he lived in Florida and blah blah bah. She was hot, hilarious, like she was just so tough on him. And I asked her about this contract. It is a true story, and she said, she said, he's got investments and things. I think at a restaurant he had something else and ye know that's like his fun money. Like every year, like he just that's his fun money. He goes and does you know other things with her or whatever it is. But it's I mean, imagine loans with it. They get a million dollars. Here's a fun fact too. Fun fact. Stephen Kwan likes every other month in April, the guy hit three fifty four for the Guardians in May, a buck seventy three. In June he hit three fifty four. What do you make of Steve Kwan?
Speaker 3: Well, oh, I mean that, you know, what's so funny is the inconsistencies for a player that is built around being so consistent. He was a high, high contact hitter. He doesn't strike out. Also doesn't really have counting stats.
Speaker 2: I make of him.
Speaker 3: I you know, this isn't gonna be the best comparison because he's been so incredible, But it's like the Luisa Rise type of thing. You know, Luisa Rise obviously has picked it up, but he still is an accounting stat guy.
Speaker 2: That's Stephen Kwan.
Speaker 3: He's good for batting average, he's good for stretches on points. He's not I don't think a locked in consistent player or anything like that. And I mean based off that, you know, little the three month or we need to trade him. We need to trade him going into July because it's gonna get rough. I think there's a lot adjustments in Major League Baseball. I wish he just did more. I wish he could steal base Like if he could steal bases, everything.
Speaker 1: You want one to this. And you know, here's the thing about the olen basis too. Speed is important, but it's more about that craft or stolen basis, and that's the lost art form. I remember when Ricky Henderson came to the Mets and he taught Roger Sedanio, who was super fast, how to steal bases, and Roger s Daniel exploded because he understood how to get a jump, he understood about the pictures and their pickoff moves. There's a craft to stealing bases that lost nowadays that people don't put the work and the time in because it's no longer something that managers want you to do. And it's funny because I feel like managers don't want you to do it because the craft is gone and people got thrown out too much, and it's sort of a chicken in an egg scenario. But the craft are stolen bases is something I feel like an athletica like Stephen Kwan could learn if he really applied himself and actually raise his stock and raise his value.
Speaker 3: I completely agree, and not to like rebring this back up again, but you know, in a couple of years ago, I did my interview with Julia Rodriguez, and this was a.
Speaker 1: Lot of nam the show today for us. By the way, look at us, look at it.
Speaker 2: It's a classic Q and I situation.
Speaker 3: But this was in twenty eighteen and in my interview, and some people have cited it because it was like a pinnacle moment of his stealing bases that he said to me. He was like, I want to steal more bases than the Arison a folly. He's like, that's what I'm trying to do. He'd already stolen like three and the one thing he pointed out about this game was that he got thrown out and then sure enough he starts to steal. Huli Rodriguez is not the fastest person on the planet or on the field, but in the minor leagues when he's in high A, he started to take that craft really seriously and look at where he's at now, and you can't do it.
Speaker 2: And like you said, unfortunately, managers.
Speaker 3: Not all of them, Tory Leavello with the Diamondbacks hate stolen bases, so it's not all appreciated. But if the guys take it really serious, you don't have to have the game changing speed to be able to be very impactful.
Speaker 2: Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: You have to have good athleticism, and you have to understand the craft of getting a lead and the craft of getting a good jump, and understanding what catchers behind home plate, what you know reading account you know so much a stone basis is reading the count. And I don't know a lot of people, you know, even even like baseball fans don't even necessarily realize that. Like you're looking for an off speed pitch to go on, you're looking for the curve ball, You're looking for a slider. You're looking for something it's harder to handle. That straight four seam fastball is not the easiest pitch to throw somebody out on. The forcing fastball is the easiest. Excuse me, the all speed pitches are not. So that's something you gotta you gotta keep in mind and understand a little bit. So maybe Kwan could be that guy. It's time for trivia. Here you go, boys and girls. Who was the only infielder in again? Keyword is infielder to post a twenty plus homer twenty plus steel season in his rookie season. Only infielder twenty plus homers, twenty plus steels. If you know the answer. Drop in the Chat of Fantasy Pros MLB and subscribe to the channel. Also, this is a fun thing here Stathhead spotlight. Yesterday, Michael Perez became the first catcher in Pirates history did three home runs in a game. The most recent catchers with three home run games in the major leagues let's see Kyle Higashigawa, Travis Darnaut did it, yes, Monti Grandal, Sebb Zavala was the one too that I know. Mike Maher was very excited about dal Navarro, Victor Martinez, Mike Lieberthal back in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mike, Michael Press, former Diamondbacks prospect.
Speaker 1: By the way, Soriano is a good guest. By the way, it's not Alfonso. Sorry, but you're getting warm. That's all I'm gonna say. Here's a deep dive for you going into this week's action. The ten lowest ops is in Major League Baseball. Some of these names not surprising. Miles Straw number two at five point fifty one, Nicky Lopez fifty fifth, excuse me, five seventy one. You expect that. Adam Fraser five eighty six. Here's one that was pretty surprising. Spencer Torkosen at five seventy three and Witt and Merrifield at five ninety one. At number nine. Robbie Grossman, by the way, was number ten at six.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, I'd like to point out there are three tigers on the ten lowest press in baseball.
Speaker 2: Number one is Jonathan Scope. Three tigers on there.
Speaker 1: Not great, No, not great. And you know understand why because you know, either somebody's a big deficit in the OBP or a big deficit in this slugging. But to be a deficit in both, you know, wit Maryfield at this stage in July first to be under six hundred ops, that's appalling for player who's been so good. We're talking two hundred hit seasons, and like, I don't expect him to hit twenty home runs, but still that that to me was the one that really stuck in my craw. Anybody on this list, you know Torkoso.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he absolutely just like jumps out on this list because if you look at this, you could make the argument, like Grossman maybe not in scope as far as power hitters, but Spencer Torkelsen, yes he had some contact issues, but we never thought like this.
Speaker 2: And also look at the adjustment the rookies have had. All the rookies have.
Speaker 3: Really kind of come through and broken out a little and mean Julio Rodriguez, obviously, Bobby Witt, and Tortosen has never gotten it together. It is really worrisome. He had this big thing on him about low off speed pitches even at ASU. And I actually remember in the first game in the AFL, Mackenzie Gore was pitching against him or first or second whatever, and Gore just attacked Torkalsen low in the zone attack attack attack, and he got Torkosen. He was able to take advantage of him. And I'm just worried that there's too big of a book out in Torklesen's not adjusting.
Speaker 1: You buy him in Dynasty and Keeper now absolutely absolutely, I think it's dirt dirt. I mean, here's the thing is, if we know that obviously he knows this. I mean, there's so many metrics, so many measurable, so many, so much data that they have about. Look, this is what they're doing to your kid. You got to adjust to it. It's kind of frustrating when a player doesn't seem to be adjusting to it. And look at and it's a Torkosen thing. And Andrew Vaughn's a player who has adjusted.
Speaker 3: I feel, and that's what I'm saying. Look at Andrew Vaughn, he's a better contact hitter. Those two were kind of like one A one B for many years, especially in the Pac twelve as a call and asu hitter. So I have a lot of belief I've seen Tourkosen in person from college to even in the minor leagues that I think this can be rectified.
Speaker 2: It's just going to take longer.
Speaker 3: And Andrew Vaughn is like a prime example of he finally found his footing and sometimes it just takes longer.
Speaker 2: They're not all Julio and Bobby Witt.
Speaker 1: All right, the answer is no mare Garcia para and that's Splunk, got it correct? Congratulations Splunk. It's nice to you there. In all fairness, I mean, Mike Maher also said it. But who wants to give Mike Mayor credit for anything? All right, let's get to the stat hero from me yesterday. You say Kakuchi, I say good start, six innings, one earned run, eight k's Joe Musgrove. We mentioned his ten K performance. Luis Garcia one earned over five and a third. Luis Sevarino has been very solid this year for the most part, to earned run six k's, excuse me, four K six innings, Kyle Hendrix six innings to earn seven k's. The hitters, certainly, Michael Perez was the guy with the three homers, Patrick Wisdom with two, Justin Turner with two, Ramon Loreano hit two, Derek Hall hit two. Then we have Tommy Famm with a homer three for five task Carnandez who's been much better. He was one of our favorite bi lows a few weeks ago. Hopefully you did PJ. Higgins, which I believe is a store on Diagon Alley somewhere where I was in the Harry Potter world. I went to p J. Higgins, got a few, got a cauldron and a few other things there. And Jacksonwinsky with another home run. Look, Jackson Winskey's gonna strike out a ton two. CA's hitting bombs. He is only thirty percent rostered on CBS right now.
Speaker 3: Thirty I don't understand, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I mean, Joey Gallo's got a higher ross persntion Jackson Winskey Jackson to joke Alla is the worst. Look you know me how I always felt about player in baseball? Ian Anderson two innings, seven earned runs. He was a zero. Graham Ashcraft also not good. I'm pretty sure Graham Ashcraft was in Oasis. Wasn't he? I feel like, wasn't he like the bass player for Oasis?
Speaker 2: That's a good pullback a way.
Speaker 1: Champaigne super nova in the sky. Adrian Martinez, Hazus Cruz, and Max Schrock also were bad. But again, who cares hitters? Yesterday Josh Johnson over four three k's Chris Taylor, who is not being good over the last two weeks. He's hit in the buck eighty. I was looking into his stats before the game today. Also home run calls am your Cruz obviously homeward. Now, apparently you guys did a contest the other day too without me, So what happened there with the content? I was a rookie.
Speaker 3: It was a rookie contest, So rookie batters, if they hit one, you get two, and I don't remember. Mayor took advantage of that too. Mayor has been on an incredible hot streak since you were gone.
Speaker 1: Yes, since I've been gone. I'm off the board for the first time. There's the board. You can see it on our YouTube channel. High Cobies is up to thirty, so running away with it. So I'm still at twenty two I think, or whatever I am. So now I can't believe. I was gone for a week and had Alvarez and he hit one home run. I get one.
Speaker 2: He did hit one.
Speaker 3: He hit one because I had him with you, I think on Monday. But then he they ran into each other.
Speaker 1: I got it. Well, that's kind of it's uncomfortable to run into each other. It hurts. Now, all right, let's get to the prop bets and then stick around because at the end of the show, we are going to show you some of the fantastic and if you've never watched the YouTube channel, this is the time to go over and watch the podcast. You can see all the joeyp hairstyles that people have put in here. So it's pretty spectacular. But what also is spectacular is the promo code leading off at betmgm, the King of sports books. Bet ten dollars win two hundred whenever you spend it on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today download the betmgm app go to BEDMGM dot com. Use the promo code leading off. When you do good things will happen to you today. Ronald Acuney at one and a half, total bases at minus one twenty Austin Riley minus one twenty five, one and a half. Again, that's a total basis even money on my board. Jordan Alvarez and Garrett Cole tonight against the Cleveland Guardians six and a half k's that's the mark. I'll take the over. The juice is a lot minus one forty five, but it's worth the squeeze. What do you like today on the prop that boy, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I didn't see if Alvarez is in the lineup, that would be something I would beg into. I picked two Joe Ryan strikeouts four and a half overlike Eliki wi willm Contreras, total bases one and a half, even money. Those are a couple that I'm digging today, dig in today, digging in today, you get we inter Just watch me and my kid just watched the first Spider Man and I had to explain Macho Man to him.
Speaker 2: He didn't understand.
Speaker 3: Like he had not opened a professional wrestling he was like, he's like, but that's bone Son. I'm like, no, no, he's really macho man. He's like and then they did the elbow and he's like did that hurt? And I'm like he's like, is that real? And I'm like, oh, buddy, you just asked the biggest mind question of our Yes, that real craft.
Speaker 2: It hurts.
Speaker 1: You know, it still hurts. Trust me, I did combat for twenty years as a stun person. It hurts, but there's ways to take it. A difference between you know, feeling it and pain. Trust me, you feel a lot of it. And these guys are you know, the steel chair.
Speaker 3: Came out and Bone saw boone saw hit Spider Man. He hit him with that, and my kid was like, oh my gosh, was that real?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, buddy, will have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, dude, that those Spider Man movies are so cheesy by today's standards, it's unbelievable. And what pissed me off is the New Spider Man The knew Uh Doctor Strange, directed by Sam Raimi, who they never should have left back in the Marvel universe. Nope, nearly ruined that movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, he didn't even watch WandaVision. He was just like just making a story. I gotta tell you, I'm really out on Sam Rai. I'm not a Sam Raimi guy at all, like at all.
Speaker 1: There's one or two good ones. Back is a great.
Speaker 2: Movie back in the nineties eighties. Yeah, okay, sure, Evil dea.
Speaker 1: If darkness is fun. But they're fun cheeseball corny. I don't want that was fun.
Speaker 3: When they didn't have when there was no skillers, no, like you know, computer anime, when they couldn't do anything like that. And he's like, look, I'm doing this with puppets and stuff like, no, I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing this with puppets.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm telling this little fun story, and everyone else is like, hey, we can do all this amazing stuff with television now and green screens.
Speaker 2: I'm Sammy even that.
Speaker 1: He's just complete, Like the third one, especially by the time we get to that third Tobe Maguire Spider Man.
Speaker 3: But they have the scene where Toby Maguire is like, look at haw a walk. That's the worst scene in any super It kills Superhero.
Speaker 1: The slow motion screaming no that goes on in some of those movies. It's just cornball.
Speaker 3: We're going backwards too, he wanted My kid watched the Tom Holland he loved Andrew Garfield ones. And then now we're we're dealing with Tobey Maguire.
Speaker 1: Well we did. We did the Tom Holland, then into the We went backwards into Tobey Maguire and then the Garfield ones, which I had never seen, and I thought they were actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Take here, Andrew Garfield might be the best Spider Man Tom Holland. I know it's blasphemous, Andrew Garfield rewatching those in He's He's incredible.
Speaker 1: I think if you're a fan of the I think if you're a fan of the comics, you're probably correct. I think he's the most comic book like Peter Park.
Speaker 3: And the cartoons, but I like the He's the most presentation of Spider Man of that Marvel's ever given us.
Speaker 2: In the cartoons.
Speaker 1: He's always you're gonna get more heat for this or for the annual cruise.
Speaker 2: That's that's a great question.
Speaker 1: Where's the poll? Mayor put up a poll? All right, here's your DK starting pitchers tonight. You got expensive Corbyn burns against the pirates. I don't care go for it. I'd rather have Corbyn Burns than Garrett Cole tonight. If I had to choose Joe Ryan eight point eight, that's my secondary army of the night, Christian Hovey at nine point two. If you want to mess around with Cobb and Lance Linn, you could try that. Lance lin is dirt cheap at seven to six. But I'd rather stick with Joe Ryan at eight eight point pay for a little bit more standalone cash game. Corbyn Burns tonight tournament's Christian Hovier at nine point one or Tony Gonsolon at nine point four on Fandel with the metsa Yankee to and I like those lineups to get some, you know, some good offense going tonight, DK lineup builders Mark Conna, Buddy Kennedy, Mister Kennedy and Alex Kiroloff. And then FanDuel you got Eduardo Escobar, Carson Kelly and Julie Guriel. And here's what you all been waiting for. Watch you you know, let's get her home run call. I'm taking Pete A. Lonzo for the weekend. That's where I'm going where you're going for your home run call? And then we'll get to the Joe Pizza behavior.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was gonna take Christian Walker, and then I saw Mayor had him.
Speaker 2: I'm in shock. I was in shock that he did that. So I'm gonna take his guy, Raphael Devers for the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 1: In purple tuity. Here we go, ladies and gentlemen, The Joe Pisapia hair show has begun. There it is. There's the Bryce Harper one.
Speaker 2: No, it's Devil's Advocate.
Speaker 3: That's where you are trying to Yeah, you're al Pacino selling Keanu Reeves on a.
Speaker 1: I want to make a deal. I want to make a deal with you. By the way, it's very good. I wish the hack was just a little lower. It looks like I've got some like a caveman, almost like I've got some weird cranium issue.
Speaker 3: You actually look like you just look like you look like you smelly like you know, La Van. You walk out and you're like, hey man, hey man, you look like you smell like hemp.
Speaker 1: Is what I got? Oh, I totally do. Here's the something about Merry one which.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you, Joe, let's come over here. This one is my personal favorite. I think this is the winner, but I don't get to make the call.
Speaker 2: So this is my personal favorite.
Speaker 1: Here we go, here's another one here. Oh look at this one. My goodness, lord period. Personally, this one's not that. I mean, the kid can play all about that one. Somebody give me the long hair here in this one.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: That one. This one, this was pretty good. I mean good. You gotta start the hairline a little lower, people, just a little. No.
Speaker 2: I think that one's perfect. Actually, oh, I mean it's weird when it's that.
Speaker 1: And then this one to me, like, I'm so happy there, I'm tall, I'm thin, I've got glorious red hair. No, you know, here's the thing. I love all these. I want to extend this over the weekend. So if anybody else has got one, I want to extend this over the weekend. If you've got a Joe Piezapia hair photoshop, you're bored on a Friday or a Saturday. Over the holiday weekend. We have no show on Monday because of the holiday. We'll be back again Tuesday. So if you got any more of these again, go to YouTube see what you're up against. I want to give somebody a free fantasy pros hat. Let's get on it. I want to give away free stuff Tuesday. I'm gonna announce the winner. So those I gotta say that, the grom One's very good. The Guriel is kind of where I'm leading right now. But the dust is.
Speaker 2: Something about piece of Pia I think is pretty special. Is that hair jail? Is that hair jail?
Speaker 1: It's my again, It's straight from my high annual.
Speaker 2: That's something about Joey. Something about Joey.
Speaker 1: Pretty much. There you go, all right, Chris is gonna be mad us for screwing up all of his is wonderful overlay work with all of these, but it's worth it because we got a good joke out of it. I hope you had fun. It's great to see you all again. Like I said, we're off Monday. We'll be back on Tuesday for more glorious baseball talk in the meantime. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: Great weekend,