Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio podcast. Hey there are folks, a hostage situation in Soho, a French face shove, a devil is on the loves of the Ozarks, and Sidney Sweeney is selling us sweet bathwater for eight dollars. Those were just some of the stories that kept us talking after our morning run this week. Hey there, folks, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ on this May thirty first, on this Saturday Robe. Some of these stories, I don't want to say we keep arguing about, but we go at it about some of this stuff. We're not on the same page.
Speaker 2: We don't always agree with how we think things should go or how people reacted. So it's fun to have a conversation after the fact, and maybe y'all can get into your own discussions about what you think about some of the big stories of the week. And Monday Woo. It started out with a bang, with an unthinkable story that happened right here in Soho in Manhattan. And do most.
Speaker 1: Folks around the country know where Soho is in? You know, maybe not so common for us, but it's yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. It's it's lower Manhattan it's south of Houston Street, thus the name Soho. So it's a very bougie part of the city. There's a lot of shopping, a lot of cute restaurants, a lot of tourists. When you like to go to Manhattan and try to see if you can spot a celebrity, a lot of folks go to Soho because that's where a lot of that's wet a listers and you know, of course us like, because we're right, like to have a drink or have a bite, an overpriced bite somewhere. So, yes, this is a very wealthy and swanky part of the city. It's not a place where you would ever imagine the story that's being told could happen in a eight bedroom luxury townhouse in Soho on Prince Spring.
Speaker 1: But is that more so the part of the story all right too. Allegedly, two guys take another guy hostage because they want his bitcoin password and they essentially want to rob him. Yes, so they hold him hostage for weeks and the according to police, torture this guy put him through all kinds of hell. He finally gets away, runs down the street, he finds a traffic cop and here we are. But in this story. Would this be as big of a deal if it wasn't in Soho in New.
Speaker 2: York, it would still be a big deal. But it's a bigger deal when you think about, yes, who did it and where they were doing it. I have to tell you I saw the pictures. I lived on that street about ten years ago. I lived about three doors down, and I did not have a swinky eight bedroom townhouse.
Speaker 1: The five bedroom places it was nice.
Speaker 2: I just want to point that out. This was not the same. But I lived on that same street.
Speaker 1: But your rooftop deck was amazing.
Speaker 2: However, I did not have a rooftop.
Speaker 1: The grill I couldn't believe. I don't know how you know that gorilla up there.
Speaker 2: I had a massive roach infestation in that apartment, to be honest, and let me be.
Speaker 1: Clear here, folks, I'm just joking. She didn't have all.
Speaker 2: But no, it actually shocked me even more because I thought, my god, I know that door, I know that townhouse, and to think what police say happened inside of it, it is I think it would always be a story when you get these details because this alleged victim who apparently now they're saying, now these other two men was invited to the home. They were all crypto investors, they all had lots of money. He was twenty eight years old, came off the plane from Italy and he says, these two men who have now been arrested, who are currently being held without bail, beat him, drugged him, used electric shock, hanged him off a five story balcony, and he believed were actually going to ultimately kill him. And so he managed to escape because he finally, after seventeen days, told these two men, okay, okay, I'll give you my bitcoin password. I'll let you have access to my bitcoin fortune. And when he told them that, they went down to go get a computer, and at that point, somehow he was able to escape. He ran barefoot and bloodied down Prince Street until he found a traffic cop and asked for help. That's crazy to think that that all happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, desperate times. What I'm saying is, there's something about I always say this, What am I missing about this story? There's got to be something I am missing because if someone is that, it's not just a regular theft. I don't know how much money possibly he had in bitcoin, that it was worth millions. Well, also, I don't know how desperate you have to be to do this. How do you think you're going to get away from away with holding a hostage in that neighborhood for that many weeks? How do you think you're going to get away with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the other thing that was so interesting to me is that the judge denied bail for both of these men who have been accused of all of these heinous crimes and took away their passports because he said specifically, they have the money and the means to escape and not be found. They have private planes. These are men who have in credible means and the ability to to just disappear because of all the money they have. So why were they so desperate to get more money? We don't know those details, they have not been provided, but we're talking. When police went into this town house, they say they found multiple polaroid pictures of the victim with a gun to his head smoking a crack pipe because they put it in his mouth. They found torture devices including a saw, chicken wire, night vision goggles, a gun, and ammunition. Like this sounded like a horror movie, like police break in silence of the lambs find this, you know, serial killer with all of his That's what it sounded like to me.
Speaker 1: This sounds like desperation to me. I want to hear more about what in the world was going on. This is it's just all too bizarre. I'm throwing soho.
Speaker 2: And there's another quick twist because they're trying to tie Eric Adams and his police detective to this too, because apparently two off duty police officers or who work for Mayor Adams were the two men who actually drove this victim from the airport to the suspect's townhouse, and so they're trying to figure out they don't think that they knew what was going to happen, but they're still having an internal investigation to see what they knew and if they were even supposed to be moonlighting basically as private security for these two crypto investors. So there are many legs to this story.
Speaker 1: All right. That kept folks talking. Another one that kept folks talking, not just us, was that French face shove that everybody saw. What do you do with this? The French president is getting off a plane on a trip to Asia and old doors open, you know, that traditional walk down those long steps. After a president arrived somewhere, well, the door opens, the camera see him standing there, and then you see two hands come and shove him. One shoves him pretty hard in the face. We find out, yes, it is his wife and Brigitte. And now this set off in international issue. They tried to explain it robes of course, as hey, we were just horse playing around, just bickering a little bit. They played it off like it was just fun and games. But this set everybody off scrutinizing their relationship. What else can they say besides we were just playing around, which could be true.
Speaker 2: I don't buy that for one second. I don't think they were playing around. She looked visibly upset, and when he went to reach for her when they were going down the steps, this gentleman often do, or a husband would do for his wife, she clearly pulls away and doesn't want him touching her. So they were clearly upset with one another. There were clearly having an argument. And look, I get mccrone's situation or dilemma, because if he said what really happened, then what does that say about his wife? I mean, imagine if it were reversed, imagine if we saw Macrone shoving Brigitte in the face, we would all be having a very different conversation.
Speaker 1: You have to ask, is it ever acceptable for a wife to do what we saw her do?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think there can be a double standard when it comes to this. I don't think that anyone has the right or should be allowed to physically push someone or hit someone if if they're upset. That is unacceptable, especially for I don't know, people of a certain age. You'd think they'd know better. This is not acceptable behavior. So how does he explain what his wife did other than to literally throw her under the bus and say, yeah, she shoved me, she was pissed off at me, we were having a fight.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's what I mean if they were on Okay again, we're taking them at their word that this is what happened. But where this is what always drives us crazy ropes is don't treat me like I'm stupid. I know what I just saw.
Speaker 2: Okay, So don't say you were joking around and you were you know, being playful and you were horsing around. That's just simply not true anyway.
Speaker 1: Anything if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Exactly just say it's a private matter, and that's how I think.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm sure hindsight's twenty twenty, and maybe he wishes he would have done this, but it's just far better to not tell a lie. I mean, that's really what it was. He wasn't telling the truth.
Speaker 1: I want to leave some room for the possibility of yes, we saw it wrong, that we don't know that our our eyes are lying to us. What I want to leave some room for. But that was not a playful shove, now, it was this is not to be in We saw what we saw. She shoved him. You could go as far as saying violently yes to his face.
Speaker 2: Agreed, He jerked back fully.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: And he looked shocked by it. Oh, he had a look of disbelief on his face almost. And then when he turned and saw members of the press waiting for them with cameras rolling, he knew he was probably very sure at that point that whoopsie, that all just got caught on video. And yes, it's been paused, it's been zoomed in on, it's been slow mode. And really what you see is unmistakable. You see a wife who is mad at her husband, who lost control and shoved him in the face. And it really isn't anything less.
Speaker 1: Than that, or maybe we're just seeing get wrong. I will take them at their words, but they say, over in France, did you see all that? Over in France is not as big of a deal it is other places, because the French have a long history at least the press does leaving people alone public figures in their private manners, no matter how scandalous. Sometimes it might be well.
Speaker 2: And just to point out for those who don't know, but I'm sure it would be hard. You'd have to be living under a rock perhaps not to know that. Okay, their love story in our country I don't think would have ever flown. But this Macrone was the student of his now wife, Brigitte. He was fifteen when she was thirty nine, She was married with children, She was his theater teacher, and after a certain amount of time that passed by, they then got together. And there is a twenty five year age gap. But it began, or at least that maybe there was this spark of romance began when he was fifteen and she was thirty nine.
Speaker 1: I'd have to say it like that. Well, I am not gonna poo anybody's unorthodox love story. Okay, you all do your thing, just don't be shoving each other in the head. I was about to say on camera, but you just shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't do it in private in any way.
Speaker 1: Another story, there's a devil on the loose in the Ozarks. I didn't see this show, right, Devil.
Speaker 2: In the Devil in the Ozarks. It's HBO Max. You can see it on Is it Max or HBO Max? Now? Is it HBO Max?
Speaker 1: Well, it's still Max until further Okay, so it's Max.
Speaker 2: So it's a Max documentary. You can watch it on Hulu or Max. And I actually want to watch it now after hearing a little bit more about this case. But they put this on just because his story of how he was convicted was so fascinating. But now he's on the run, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, that's key to explain. I didn't say that, right. The show has been out there already years about this guy, because he was apparently a bad enough dude with an interesting enough story that they decided to do a documentary on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a police officer and briefly a police chief. If he was actually removed from that position because he was having so many run ins with city employees with citizens. He was just as many people in the town say he was evil and they knew it, and so he was forced to step down. But nine months after he was pushed out as police chief, he was still a police officer. He was convicted of shooting a city employee, a water employee, the city's water employee, in the head. And then when he gets arrested for that, they run his DNA through the system and find out bing it's a match for a twenty year old rape of a school teacher in Rogers, and you're very familiar with Rogers, Arkansas. That was, yeah, an unsolved crime, no one knew, but it was a violent rape. And so he was then convicted of that as well. So a rapist and a murderer.
Speaker 1: And a guy who's the subject of a documentary because of his crimes is on the.
Speaker 2: Loose, on the loose, and there is real fear that perhaps he could be seeking vengeance or revenge because he's just Everyone who knew him said he's that kind of guy. But his name is Grant Harden, and how he escaped from prison is also remarkable. This could be a whole other documentary. He impersonated a corrections officer, but they don't know how he did it because he had a uniform on. It wasn't a uniform that is issues for that prison. But somehow he made one, found one, created one. They don't know. And he walked out in broad daylight on Sunday afternoon and a prison guard let him go because he looked efficially.
Speaker 1: That's incredible to me that prison. Did you see an update?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen whether or not he has been let go or not, my goodness, but you know the area, so that's part of what they're talking about. This search is incredibly complicated because the Ozarks, if you haven't been right there in northeast Arkansas is northwest Arkansas. What is that terrain like?
Speaker 1: It's just mountainous. It's beautiful, but it's literally everybody's you've heard of the Ozarks yet that's just a mountainous region. There is all kinds of wildlife out there. The weather can be horrific depending on the time of year. You got lakes around, you have all it is. It's God's country. You could argue this is where you would that's what you would describe it as God's country. And if he is just run around out there in the mountains, in the woods and he knows the area, they say, guys from Arkansas, Ah, this might take a while. I was just blown away that how in the world of all things, you have a literally a TV star if you will, in your jail and you let him walk out. Even the prison guard when you looked at his.
Speaker 2: Face, Yeah, how did you not recognize him?
Speaker 1: That he is the devil?
Speaker 2: He is probably the most famous inmate, I would argue. I would guess who else has their own Max series right about their crime? How was he able to not be recognized even if he had a prison uniform on you? You still think that you know the guy?
Speaker 1: That's bold And again part of the issue they said he does have Yes, he has police training. He knows how to help himself, he knows how to come across like a police officer. So yeah, he is on the run. That was just one of those stories when you told me about it. Initially, somebody escaped in Arkansas, blah blah, like, wait a minute, how did this guy get away? So that's a somebody's Well, there'll be an update next here.
Speaker 2: There needs to be consequences, how that happened, and why that happens. I think we should lighten it up. Yeah, we need to end this with the story that we're still talking about, and that is Sidney Sweeney. She's one of the biggest hottest stars around. Now she is putting up her bathwater for sale.
Speaker 1: That's the headline that is actually accurate. Sidney Sweeney is selling her actual bathwater. I saw the headline, I said, let me look into this more, and I was like, oh, wow, that's right. Actually is that's actually true. I love this story. I love what they're doing. It's a partnership doctor. I wasn't familiar Doctor's Watch.
Speaker 2: Doctor Squatch. I've never heard of that soap. But now hey, smart marketings. But they're talking about it now.
Speaker 1: Some of you, all of them are may be already familiar. She did a collaboration with them in which she was in a tub in a bubble bath that went viral. So now they've come back robes and she put out and say, hey, people kept asking me about my bath water, so we saved it. And they're not just selling it for you to smell, drink or put on you. I should say that they're infusing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're infusing it with an exfoliating soap that they say, yes, is actually has Sydney's bathwater inside of it. And yeah, it's been described as a very real and very limited edition of exfoliating soap made with sand pine bark extract and a touch of Sydney's real bathwater. Would you buy the.
Speaker 1: Soap under no circumstance? Not just out of curiosity because I'm just not a thing. But I only see this as brilliant marketing. I think it's wonderful. They could literally take one drop and put it in that mixture, and technically it's mixed with her bath soap, So somebody's gonna go out and actually think they are getting If someone goes out and buys a bar of soap and says, I can't wait to get in the shower with this bar of soap because then I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Rub Sydney's Sweeney's DNA all over me. Wait, will that have her DNA in it? And could that have other implications it's being washed off?
Speaker 1: You know, could if there's even any bathwater in there at all?
Speaker 2: How do they prove that her bathwater's in there?
Speaker 1: You fill a tub with water, say hey, Sidney, come stick two hands in it. It's her bath water. You could technically get away with it that that's not the point. It's just they're playing on And yes, this young woman. Every time I go into Saphora, which is a lot with a twelve year old, Sidney Sweeney's there.
Speaker 2: She's everywhere in every movie, She's on every bill board.
Speaker 1: White Lotus is the only thing I have seen her in. I don't have any relationship with Sidney Sweeney, but I love this. I love that she's doing it. I love that she's embracing it. Some people want to It's going to be some haters out there and saying this is too far, it's just too much. This is silly, and you're selling sex and you're selling fantasy and all.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's fine. With all the other things going on in the world and a lot of what we just talked about in this podcast, we kind of need stories.
Speaker 1: Like this, right, I don't mind this one.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't take ourselves so seriously.
Speaker 1: Is it too much eight bucks for I think eight bucks.
Speaker 2: I think that actually is a decent price point for what they're selling. And I loved how they described this or who said this a perfect combination of the two best places on the planet, the outdoors and Sydney's. Sweeney's back up even that she laughed was I was.
Speaker 1: A little annoyed at that one. Really, at the end of the day, that's that's freaking clever because it was a little that went a little too far from me. The best place on earth is to be in the tub with the naked girl. That one went a little too far puts still sex cells. It's brilliant and it's edgy, it's a little bit and it has everybody talking. I don't mind this one at all.
Speaker 2: It's good, clean fun five thousand bars. But I'm bumped. Oh god, see you even miss my bad.
Speaker 1: Pun well because I think it's good, nasty fun, because the nastiest place in my home on a daily basis will be the tub I just got out of. Everybody said, why I want to sit own?
Speaker 2: Do you want to know something? I I hardly ever take a bath, but when I do, I shower first for that exact reason. Does that Does anyone else do that?
Speaker 1: To your point, I always shower before I get into a body of water of some kind. If I get into a tub, if I get into a pool, if I get it to the hot tub, yeah, oh god, oh my goodness, and then.
Speaker 2: I shower afterwards. Of course, it's not about getting clean. It's about feeling warm, sudsy water around you. Perhaps it is for me. That is not about getting clean, Because anyone who's had a kid or had to, you know, give someone a bath. You see the remnants around the tub, and it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I know, Sydney Sweeney's gorgeous, but she takes nasty baths like the rest of us. Okay, she is getting funk off that body of hers, and lord knows all the other products. She might have a lot more coming off her body than I do.
Speaker 2: So that's true, all the lotions we use stuff, I get it, I get it. Yeah. So now this has turned from good clean fun tech net. Wow, we just spiraled on that one.
Speaker 1: Bad How many bads am I taking with you? I can remember one one.
Speaker 2: We have taken one one together.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to get out of that one. No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Because we both showered first, I think, so this is now gone too far. We will not be selling our bath water folks.
Speaker 3: All right, I feel like we should wrap it up. Hey, I hope you all had a little laugh and a little bit to talk about. We appreciate you as always running with us on the weekend. Have a wonderful day, everybody. Ye