Speaker 1: Your opinions to the Breakfast Club top Good five five five one warning everybody at j Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now if you just joined us, we're talking about what makes you happy?
Speaker 1: Yes, man.
Speaker 3: You know, our guy Joey called up this morning and Joy was talking about how he's just happy and you know, he's in such a positive place. And that made me feel real good because I had a great therapy session yesterday and my therapist said to me that joy produces more jealousy, uh in envy than money does. He said, you know, people might be jealous of your position, they might be jealous of your success, they might be jealous of your money, but nothing makes them more jealous than when you are in a position of joy.
Speaker 2: A smile, and I ain't gonna lie. The last couple of years I've been so and I tell you why. It's just, you know, to experience the things that you experienced. This is gonna sound so morbid. So many people have been dying and their life has been cut so short, and they've been cut short at a young age. It's not like they've been eighty ninety years old. I'm talking thirty years old, forty years old. You know, so it makes you experience and enjoy life so much more so when I say I enjoy my family, I enjoy my wife, I enjoy my kids.
Speaker 1: I enjoy them so much and they make me so happy like that.
Speaker 2: There is no feeling then like going to my daughter's baseball game yesterday, or going to Logan's track me or even just daddy daddy daughter date night with Madison, or you know, going to their dance stuff.
Speaker 1: It just makes me.
Speaker 2: And I love picking up my kids from school. I love when they come out and they see you and they run to you and they give you that hug like no other. Those are the things that make me joy and that's why I always post it, because they make me so happy.
Speaker 1: I enjoy life.
Speaker 3: I was raised on the dirt road in Monks Corner, South Carolina. I used to work at Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I sold crack. Okay.
Speaker 3: I've been hitting out of trouble a lot in my life and at this age to be born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, be approaching forty five years old. As you said, just to wake up every day is a blessing. To wake up every day is a privilege.
Speaker 1: I wake up.
Speaker 3: I got a beautiful wife, I got four beautiful daughters. I have a circle of friends and family that I don't have a circle of friends. I have a circle of family.
Speaker 1: If you around me.
Speaker 3: That's why I call people my nieces and my sister and everybody, because that's how I feel. My brother, because I really feel like, you know, we're family, and I cherish my family so much.
Speaker 1: And to me, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. I really do not need anything else. Everything else is a bonus now. The opportunity to get to come to wake up every morning and do something that I love to do, which is morning radio, amazing and everything else that I'm doing, you know, career wise, stems from you know, doing morning radio.
Speaker 1: That is just a plus. But you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: My therapist, we even got on that conversation because he talked about how he sees how much fun where having in the morning. He said, you and Envy are having so much fun. He said, when Ess is up there, y'all look like y'all, he said, it feels like a.
Speaker 1: Party for three hours.
Speaker 3: Like this, my therapist, like, I hope I'm not overstepping by saying this. But he's just like he said, it just feels like y'all are having so much fun. And he said, it look like y'are having so much fun, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are. Yeah, No, that's that's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: And you know when people when people are hatefullest for you, or when people are mad at you, or when you have that person that's always hating on you or don't like what you do, it's usually because, like you said, they don't have that joy, joy, that happiness. They don't have the thing that makes you happy.
Speaker 1: People say, what's so funny? Why are you so happy? Why the hell should not be? You know what I'm saying, what you smiling for?
Speaker 3: Like, imagine just walking in the room smiling and somebody what you smiling for?
Speaker 1: Why shouldn't I be smiling?
Speaker 3: If I came in here with a mean mug, you wouldn't have a problem with you know what I'm saying. I am operating from a position to joy. I am extremely happy. I love my life and that's how it's gonna be. Kuna matada, God damn it. And you know what, And one other thing my therapist said to me, my therapist said, because you know, you talk about when people come at you, my therapist, that you can't have your you can't have those kind of problems without your kind of success. Of course, if you don't want those problems, then just simply don't be successful. It is to tell me don't be happy. Right, that's the truth. That's it, so that all all of it comes with the territory.
Speaker 1: That's right. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Yo? This is from Flaps, Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: From Brooklyn? What what brings you joy? Brother?
Speaker 4: Yo? I love dancing man. Grew up a free style dance and break dancing, almost free styft dancer. And I wanted to say, you know, y'all, don't be shouting up the dancers out there. You know, fifty gives a hip hop. Dancing has been part of hip hop absolutely top there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I'll bust your ass.
Speaker 4: Don't even say that.
Speaker 1: Bring your cobo bottom of DJ, he said, Bring battle DJ.
Speaker 4: Y'all play the music. I'm gonna show you how to dance a dance.
Speaker 3: I'll I'll butt and and that what you're gonna put on? Tell me what song you're gonna put on, and I'll tell you what song I'm gonna put on.
Speaker 5: Bro, Let's let's go.
Speaker 6: To a club.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm gonna real about it. I can't even go to clubs, man, because I ain't got no friends like that, you know. I mean, I'm keeping a rip and going out by yourself as a man a little bit difficult. I mean even my birthday broke December thirty first, I don't even go out because they raised the prices three and going up by myself it is not a good look. Yo. Listen, I don't go.
Speaker 1: I don't go out either, but don't challenge me again. I'll butt your ass. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna put you talking.
Speaker 4: Like you're talking all the time. Bro, let's go. Let's don't challenge me, and then let's not do it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put Uncle Louke on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to put your hands up high, your ass down, draw to the floor.
Speaker 1: You don't want no problem you.
Speaker 2: It would look so stupid. This is you two fifty year old brothers dancing badly because.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be break dancing, and I'm gonna be putting my hands up high, my ass down. Lord, I'm a hot draw it to the floor like that, Hello, Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: How you doing, Hey, Jimmy, we're just talking about joy. What brings you a joy? What makes you happy?
Speaker 5: Well, the most thing that makes me happy is my daughter.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Today she's getting to the National fidears on the Society s get an award today. And I always try to push.
Speaker 2: Be better than what I absolutely now that that's what it is I mean, and that's what it should be. We should be living for our kids. We should be making sure our kids are happy, and we should be wanting to spend as much time with our kids as possible.
Speaker 1: Like, you gotta be there for your kids.
Speaker 2: You gotta hold them, you gotta hug them, you gotta mold them, you gotta show them what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 1: And and for me, like I said that, that makes me happy. Yeah, I say that all the time.
Speaker 3: There's certain people, there's certain people that I hear talk. There's certain people out here say things and I see how they acting. The first thing I think is they cannot have a family. There's no way they got a wife that loves them or some kids that they love, and they acting like that because they are not happy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Let's go to one more caller. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hi? Good morning, Duke Mom.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Mom?
Speaker 1: Dukes? How you feeling good?
Speaker 5: Real good?
Speaker 4: Real good?
Speaker 1: But what makes you happy, mom? Dukes?
Speaker 6: The fact that my seven kids and I can still be on a positive note after casting as their dad was thirty years over thirty years plus, you know, my seven kids, and you know it was a struggle.
Speaker 1: Sending you condolences absolutely.
Speaker 4: Thank you and appreciate it.
Speaker 1: How old was he?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 5: Young?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 6: He was almost fifty three, and he did not say that at all.
Speaker 1: He didn't what he didn't look at?
Speaker 5: Aid?
Speaker 1: How did he pass? If you don't mind me? Asked?
Speaker 7: Come to find out?
Speaker 5: Fitting off?
Speaker 4: Which was a shocker? Wow?
Speaker 1: Fitting what you said?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was like maybe somebody laced some some weed or something like that. Don't say it was the weak pretty much? Do you think it was we Oh yeah, Jesus, come on, don't tell me that. Jesus.
Speaker 2: Like when she said it was a shock, and that means that he wasn't a druggie, that somebody like probably lacing.
Speaker 1: You've been seeing so many cases of people lacing things like that.
Speaker 2: That's why you know, people to always tell people when you do get your cannabis, so you're weed.
Speaker 1: You know, you go to a dispensary. But you know, we want to swat you get because you were saying that your family makes you happy.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, one of them.
Speaker 6: Well, my son seven, he used to play for Organs time.
Speaker 7: Now he's at Jackson's State and when he just you know started school pretty much, uh, and you know he has to just fall back for a minute, you know, in his mind, and.
Speaker 4: You know, play things over pretty much.
Speaker 6: We just waited ro play, you know, the last moment because it was unasted and you know, like you said, joy and envy and jealousy. You know everybody even that happened. You know, people still wasn't you know, have remorse for you. Like we kind of feel like in a way maybe someone did it on purpose.
Speaker 4: To them, but we have a way improve in that part.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, you just make sure you keep that family together. I mean the fact that you got seven, you keep them tight as possible. I try to keep mind six as tight as possible. You do things all the time. You try to take vacations with each other. You try to make sure you have those dinners, whether it's East birthday, Christmas, like you try to keep them as close as possible.
Speaker 1: So that when you know, when you when you move.
Speaker 2: On, they always have each other's backs, you know, right, true, right mama, And keep and keep smiling.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 5: To you guys are the light up month.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right.
Speaker 3: That that phone call right there is exactly why you should wake up every day and regardless of what's going on in your life, you should smile and you should be happy because you're still here. For a lot of us men, that's our biggest fear, right, you know, we got these families, we got these wives, and then you know, something unexpected happening. We're no longer here and they got to navigate this earthly terrain correct by themselves.
Speaker 1: Like as a man, I don't know about everybody else. That's my that's that's my biggest concern.
Speaker 3: But as my therapist says, of faith and anxiety cannot coexist, okay, So I will only speak positive things and I'm definitely sending healing energy to that that that that.
Speaker 1: Young woman and her family. Man, that's right.
Speaker 2: Eighty five eight five one oh five one which is asking what brings you joy?
Speaker 1: What makes you happy? Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, it's topic time called eight hundred and five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club, nephew, just joining us. We're asking what brings you joy? What makes you happy?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: That this conversation comes from a gentleman named Joey who called this morning during Get It Off your Chest, and he was just like he wanted to shout out all the miserable people in the world, because he said, he smiles. He's at a place of peace and he's happy, and nobody could take that piece from him, and he smiles all the time and his life is.
Speaker 3: Happy, and the irony of that is literally yesterday, I had a I had a great therapy session, and I called Envy after the therapy session and I told him what my my therapist told me, because.
Speaker 1: It was real.
Speaker 3: He said, my therapist said, joy produces more jealousy and envy than money. And my therapist said, people can be jealous of your money, they can be jealous of your success. They can be jealous of your position, but that's nothing makes them more jealous than your joy.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So you know you gotta be happy. Like you walk in the room sometime and people would be like, why are you smiling? Why the hell should not be smiling? Come on, I worked for this piece, you hear me?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this hey? Keisha piece Keisha from Kesh. You can't wait to get your head done? Right, Keisha?
Speaker 3: I can tell I'm not evenna lie I can. I don't know why, but I can hear the bdbs on your background. I can't hear that you needed your head done. H I'm not so happy he stopped at Keisha. What makes when you're getting your head done, Kesha? When you're getting your head done, I couldna come in.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna swing on you. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Don't taking your joy? Keish your head done, Keisha, I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Swing on you. Want you come on down here with a little ubal when he bring his little da.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about coming down Helot Duval day this year. I really was you better not now? Kes you gonna be looking for you.
Speaker 6: You better slide because I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: The one on the more head that's you, and you're gonna have your head none. Don't. You don't have it done right now, but you're gonna have it none. What brings you joy?
Speaker 9: Done?
Speaker 3: I got locked?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: What makes you have to? Keisha? Okay?
Speaker 9: So things so on one, my own girl put me on the roll saying, man, I think you such in a life out my body.
Speaker 4: So that's one.
Speaker 1: Okay, the roads makes you happy?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, And then the second thing is I love.
Speaker 9: Shopping and I don't have to buy the stuff.
Speaker 4: So what I'll be doing right still.
Speaker 9: Get to the sore and like the mannequin, I be just signing at the manniquin. And then I will not be looking in court anybody.
Speaker 1: Coming. I'm coming to do ball day just to make sure you get arrested.
Speaker 3: When I'm gonna give you a hug, I'm gonna say, Keisha, what's up? Stay here for one second and I'm a dog dollar number, and then they're gonna take you somewhere where you're gonna be cool for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, goodness gracious, all right, Keisha?
Speaker 5: You feeling all right?
Speaker 1: Y'all have to have a good day. Keisha, I'm gonna tell you something that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: But your dad asked serious everything she just said, Keisha, Dad's serious, She's serious. I just want you to know that she's from Jacksonville. Okay, she's serious. He's serious, from Florida. That's Florida.
Speaker 1: I thought you was gonna say that your family maker happy, she said.
Speaker 3: Her role the rolls, in boosting the rolls and shoplifting from the stars is what makes Keisha happy. Hey, Jacksonville, Florida, Ladies and gentlemen, Jacksonville, Floyd Okay for that.
Speaker 4: I ain't in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: No, we ain't talking about you. We talked about Keishy that called the second Ago. But what up, Keith?
Speaker 4: What's going on? How you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: I ain't from Florida. We blessed Black and Holly. I'm from Jacksonvie. Where you from, Keith?
Speaker 4: I'm in South Carolina?
Speaker 5: From York.
Speaker 1: Okay, what part of South Carolina?
Speaker 4: I'm in prosperity, look down about thirty miles from Columbia.
Speaker 1: Okay to the eight oh three. What makes you happen? Keith Man?
Speaker 4: My kids man, my kids all good I got six, and I got one on the way. I got one on weight on right now.
Speaker 3: Congratulations black man. Seven that's God's number. That's a blessing. What are they with boys?
Speaker 1: Girls? What you got?
Speaker 4: I got four boys?
Speaker 1: I may have five.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have five boys and girl.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, brow do you forty one? Forty one? The blessing Jesus. Absolutely take care of yourself so you could be around for them kids. Man, go get your klanne you know what I mean. Go get your cardiovascular checked out. Make sure your cholesterol and blood pressure is low.
Speaker 4: No doubt, I will have a good one.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta be around to see my grandkid.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's the goal. That is the goal, all right. What's the more of the story. The mall of the.
Speaker 3: Story is, Man, don't let anybody remove you from your position of joy. As my therapist told me yesterday, joy produces more jealousy and envy than money and success.
Speaker 1: So even if you don't have the most money, even if you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Most success, you can guarantee that you have the most happiness just by making the choice to be happy every damn day. You don't gotta wear a designer, but you could wear a big ass smile, and that big ass smile pitch people off more to design. You can walk in a room with some Louis and some Gucci and some Proda and some Hermes whatever. You can walk in there with all of that stuff on, and people will be like whatever, who they think they is walking there with a smile?
Speaker 1: I bet you here what you're smiling for? Why are you so happy? You're right? You're right? And that's just smile.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: We should play in Duval play Duval? Got it, nah bitch?
Speaker 2: And when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to talk about money bag Yo and his relationship with rixelection. We'll get into an nexus. The breakfast Sluggle Morning