Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori Wither Steve Coleburn back with US chemist materials scientists with at least twenty years experience at chemistry and nanotechnology. He's working in the area of carbon nanotubes with his company neutron Star Nanotechnology. He has analyzed several alleged alien implants in recent years. Steve's research discovered that these objects contain carbon nanotubes and other nanostructures, indicating that they are sophisticated nano devices made by a level of nanotechnology far beyond the current mainstream earthly science. Steve, welcome back.
Speaker 3: How've you ben, I've been great, George. It's read to be back on here.
Speaker 2: Good to have you with us. How did you get so interested in Mars? We're going to talk a lot about that planet.
Speaker 3: I've always been fascinated by any to do with astronomy, and especially Mars, since it's the most earth like planet in the Solar System besides the Earth itself, and I've just always had an affinity for it.
Speaker 2: And You've been doing some checking into Mars and tell me how you came up with some of these theories.
Speaker 3: Well, I've just been following all the the rover and Mars spacecraft data and just come to my own conclusions, and a lot of people I think agree with me behind the scenes. You know, the alternate acronym for NASA never a straight answer, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how true that is? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah. I mean, like, for example, the Spirit and Opportunity rovers touchdown an area that was obviously muddy, and they said that can be mud because there's no liquid water on Mars. As well, they left out a bunch of stuff. I mean, at the pressure that the atmospheric pressure they're talking about on Mars, which is debatable, liquid mott water would evaporated pretty fast, but the Viking Landers said the humidity there was one hundred percent, So where the heck is the water going to go? I mean it would it would come back to the liquid as fast as evaporated. Also, the water, especially muddy water on Mars, is likely to be full of salts and the lower of the vapor pressure. So I think it's quite possible there's mud in a lot of areas on Mars. From the rover images, it looks like there's quite a bit of it, for sure.
Speaker 2: He wrote an incredible report on Mars called the Exploration of Mars was first of all, Lowell right. And I think he was right, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was. He was a genius. I mean he he did a lot of really good work with his twenty four inch Clark refracting telescope, and that's still operational this day, and as he even reuns time on it, and he proved that that there was a probable plant life and evidence of past civilization. The canals are real, by the way that they talked about. I saw them for myself at the close Opposition of Mars in two thousand and three. Whatever the I saw through an Aiden's telescope, the same size telescope that that Chaparelli for discovered the canals with. And whenever the when you're looking through a telescope at a bright object like a planet, it's like looking through looking through a few inches of water. I mean it clouds the image a bit. The atmosphere clouds the image a bit, but sometimes the atmosphere clear is up briefly. And whenever that would happen, these lines would appear on Mars and I'm going to like, whoa, these things are real. I mean, they've been trying to convince people for years that priscpll Lowell was crazy, but these guys were right, and.
Speaker 2: These lines seem to come and go. Steve, what do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Well, when the atmosphere clears up, you can see them, but they're blurred out. When the atmosphere is its usual turbulent, it's usual turbulent state once in a while for a second or two. If the conditions are good, and you did.
Speaker 2: Some investigating into Mars atmosphere and the pressure, what's the significance of that.
Speaker 3: Well, there's the reason to believe if the atmospheric pressure is higher than NASA saying. They're saying that the atmospheric pressure is six to nine millar bars, which is less than one percent of the pressure on Earth. The ground based astronomers through albedo calculations and how much the planet light the planet reflects, and thought that the atmosphere density on Mars is about ten percent of Earths. I mean, nobody's debating that the atmosphere on Mars is less dense on Earth, but there's a factor of ten difference between what the ground based astronomers thought and what NASA is saying, And I kind of think that NASA moved the decimal point. It's maybe like sixty to ninety millibars, which is about a tenth of Earth's pressure, rather than the sixty nine millibars they're saying. There's several lines of evidence on this, one of the most compelling of which was that NASA Ames Research Center was unable to reproduce the dust devils on Mars in a wind tunnel at that pressure. And they recently had a helicopter fly on Mars, the Ingenuity helicopter that landed along with the Perseverance rower. And I think it's highly debatable that a helicopter could fly and pressures as low as they're saying.
Speaker 2: Now, what's the significance though, Steve, of having higher pressure on the planet.
Speaker 3: Well, if the pressure were a tenth of the Earth, there's a possibility that you might be able to go outside of just the doxy and ask if you acclimated to it. If so, that would make the planet a lot more valuable. And if you have to be outside of the pressure suit on.
Speaker 2: And the fact that she might be even higher means what.
Speaker 3: Well, It means that that the planet would be quite a bit more useful and more valuable if you could do outside of just a pressure suit on or just an auction mask rather than a pressure suit.
Speaker 2: More capable of supporting life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're more capable supporting life, and they were. I think they've already found plant life on Mars. It shows that it shows up pretty clearly and the orbital photos except there's bushes and trees in areas where there should be water. The trenches. There's there's straight trenches all over the planet, build by some of the Lowell's canals, and there's some dark objects that look like bushes growing among them. And at the south pole of Mars, or the south pole of Mars, there's what looked like huge trees. The picture of thoses in my report.
Speaker 2: We've had some we've had some guests on the program in the past, Steve, who are convinced that there are fossils all over that planet.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Oh, yeah, yeah, I've seen that too. I mean in Goose Crater, we're a spirit, we're overlanded. There are all kinds of fossils of sea life, shrimped crinoids, sea urchins, and those Martian blueberries are thought to be the heads of fossil crinoids. And you see the Martian blueberries right, yes, all over the all over the place. And you have crater in other places.
Speaker 2: That doesn't look like rocks, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: No, no, And there's fossil sea life all over the place where there used to be water. Like you, crater was a front of location. In fact, NASA schose that location because they thought there might be fossils there. And I'm going to start finding only debunked it.
Speaker 2: What are the possibilities of a highly advanced past civilization on Mars.
Speaker 3: I think the probability is very high. I mean, both Poland and doctor Tom van Plander needs to run the us Nable Observatory thought that, for example, the base on Mars and Sidoni it was artificial, doctor van Plander and calculated that the odds were billions to one, that it was not that the billions to one that it had to be artificial. And there's pyramids right nearby and those look artificial too. There's in the rover photographs theres will look like the foundations of buildings. And they recently saw what put the door cut into a hillside stuff like that. A lot of the rocks and in places, especially a photographed by the Opportunity Rover, looked like metallic junk or crash debris rather than rocks. I think I sent you one example of that that was taken by the Curiosity Rover.
Speaker 2: Truly remarkable. What are the odds that we're going to find out one day what exactly happened to all of them on that planet?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we'll find out someday when Elon Mussen's people there. I think that there's a high probability of the US government has already gone there, but they're not going to tell us that.
Speaker 2: What do you think happened to that planet or the inhabitants.
Speaker 3: Doctor Van Planner had a good theory that was convincing to me. He thought that Mars was once a large moon of the original planet for in that orbit, and that the planet exploded and that's why half of Mars heavily cratered and the other half is not. The half is heavily creted was facing the planet when it's when it exploded, and the moon's phobos and demos may be debris left over from the explosion. They're captured asteroids.
Speaker 2: Apparently, did the inhabitants come here?
Speaker 3: Probably some of them, did, Ben Planner and thought that a lot of the structures on Mars were similar to what we might build on our own moon someday, and maybe a lot of them came to Earth, and some may still be there. I know the the Soviet probe Phobos too a photograph what looked like an underground city for been infra red. So there's also a lot of rovers said that probably all the rovers the photograph lights on Mars on various occasions.
Speaker 2: Why hold back the data? Why not just tell us?
Speaker 3: Steve Well, I think that's because saying that there's even plant like or even maybe microbial life on Mars would make the whole UFO alien thing much more likely in the public mind. The Viking probes found microbial life. The test they use is nearly infallible, and it is infallible on Earth. The test was positive. That was the bottom line, and they invented a bunch of technical reasons to discount it. But the bottom line is the microbial The test for microbial life on the Viking lenders was positive on both Viking one and Viking two.
Speaker 2: Well we know there's a lot of water on the planet, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the Mars Odyssey found large depositive ice near the equator on Mars, and several large actiports through for red mapping. And there's, as I say, indication that there's mud and various locations of the planet, and streaks of what looked like water going in to freights and in the canals or if you want to call them, that the large trenches.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's some kind of animal life on the planet now?
Speaker 3: I didn't think so before, but there's some indications of what like dead insects, and some of the rover photographs and recently a photograph of what looks like a rodent of some kind surface from one of the rovers. I think it was curiosity. So if that's the case, then I would think that the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere must be higher too. That's the thing that the percentage of oxen in the Martian atmosphere is about point one three percent, but even that small amount may require the presence of plant life. Plant life is the only known source of pre auction. Auction is such a reactive yass, so it would quickly react with things and disappear if there were no source of it. I think one point three percent, or you know, a few percent, maybe up to five percent sounds more likely than point one three. But there's no way of knowing until we go and send people there.
Speaker 2: It is dramatic, It truly is. And again I'm puzzled. Everybody's puzzled about why the hesitation to let us all know what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish they would, But the only thing I can figure is that if they disclosed all this, even without the evens of past civilization, that would make the whole alien thing more likely in the public mind, and that put upon a slippery slope towards disclosing the whole alien visitation thing.
Speaker 2: Now you have believed that you are an alien abductee? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They put an implant in my toe in two thousand and eight and doctor Lear removed it. I was patient fifteen in this program.
Speaker 2: I missed that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I missed him Tea. He as my best friend. He died in March of twenty and fourteen of a parent heart attack.
Speaker 2: Unexpected too.
Speaker 3: Well. His circulatory system was kind of shot, so it wasn't totally unexpected on my end.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you'd live a few more years at least.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get into your life as an abductee after the break, Steve, But tell us about your work in nanotechnology. That's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Well, I was on a project at a company called Yetc America and that's a branch of his Hockey corpor and Camerao California, to make products from carbon nanotubes. And I've got several patents along those lines, one of which is a carbon nanotube paper like material that's conductive and pretty strong, very strong for its Frits. Wade and I worked on carbon nanotubes over there for about seven years and made a lot of progress, and it was quite a synchronicity when I discovered that there were carbon nanotube electronics in these alien implants.
Speaker 2: And explain what nanotubes are, Stephen, Well.
Speaker 3: Carbon nanotubes. There are several electropic forms of graphite. There's there's fournes, which are like soccer ball type cages of carbon atoms. There's diamond which in which each carbon atom is surrounded by four others in a tetrahedral arrangement, and then there's graphite, where it's sheets of carbon atoms, where each carbon atom is a chicken wire type arrangement with the hexagonal pattern with with sigma bonds and pie bonds holding the carbon atoms together, and the sheets are held together strongly by Casmir effect and vendor Wol's forces. And if you took one of those single sheets of graphite and rolled it into a tube, that would be a carbon nanotube, and the angle at which the tube is rolled and the diameter determined the carbonano tubes properties, and you can have semiconducting and metallic carbon ano tube. The metallic carbon dono tubes are nearly a perfect conductor, and the semiconducting carbon nanotubes have enterp properties similar to silicon or germania, and you can make transition or diodes out of them that are much more robust and can handle much higher temperatures and much harder conditions, and are smaller than anything you could make with silicon.
Speaker 2: What did doctor Lear say about that the implant in your toe? I assume he was able to extract it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, broke into several pieces when he removed it. I tried to pull it out. He tried to make a slit in the side of my toe and pull it out, and it was brittle and broke into several pieces on removal. But that turned out to be a good thing because he gave us access to the interior and we didn't have to cut it like we did some of the others.
Speaker 2: How big was it at its original size?
Speaker 3: I was about four millimeters long and about just shy of one millimeter in diameter, and it was right next to the bone and the toe. I think that these implants tend to be close to the bone so that they can use the skeleton as an antenna for the radio signals that they sometimes.
Speaker 2: Give off tracking devices.
Speaker 3: I think they're tracking devices, and I think they also relay physiological information blood sugar, temperature, body position, things like that to the aliens.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more