Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition. Oh it's a KSR pre show. Listen to that crowd. Today is Friday, May ninth. I'm Billy Rutlich along with Shannon the Dude. Give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. It's eight five nine two eight zero two two eight seven, Texas at five oh two two six five six six five six and is always the case. Ours pre show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington.
Speaker 2: We are not there today though.
Speaker 1: We are in Owensboro, Kentucky, off of New Hartford Road at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center with a couple of food trucks will be given away a yetty cooler. Doctor Skaggs is over here to the side as well. We may talk to him in a little bit. Shannon the Dude is with me. Good morning, Shannon.
Speaker 3: How are you. I'm doing well, Gonna be here in Owensboro, looking forward to my first facial later on today. I think the schedule is we're going to give me the last segment off. I'll go in do the facial and let everybody know how it went on KSR. The next hour.
Speaker 1: Ryan and Drew are in there right now getting their facial so they'll be able to report back and tell us how it is.
Speaker 2: Are you excited?
Speaker 3: Shot, I am Miam. Where's mad At? He was supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, he came in a little lately with Mario, so I think he may be sleeping in.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I drove up this morning, nice little drive from from uh, from Louisville. And then you came up last night. Yeah right, and you guys partied in Owen's Boro.
Speaker 1: Well, Drew was hyping it up right, like, let's celebrate a little bit, Let's celebrate Billy's birthday. Let's have a couple of drinks. And Owen's Burrow got some recommendations from the pre show listeners. Yesterday, nobody showed up.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody.
Speaker 1: It was me and Rachel out there waiting for Ryan Lemon to show up. And he gets to the hotel. He says, yeah, it's gonna not It's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: No for me. Guys.
Speaker 2: He's just gonna go in and go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Ryan's old. He already told everybody he wasn't gonna he wasn't here to party. He was just here to uh, you know, do a business.
Speaker 1: Drew said his to do list was too long and wasn't gonna make the trip up, and then my closest pal, Shannon the Dude, decided not to make the trip up either.
Speaker 3: So we well, you know, I was doing some live TV last night. I hope you don't mind a little ov W, you know, just going around being the World Heavyweight radio Champion. So it was a late trip for me. Yeah, and I decided, you know what, I have to get up at five point thirty every morning now anyway, so it's no different for me to get up early this morning and make the trip here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boy who cried Wolf.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted to go party, and then nobody showed up, but we had a great time.
Speaker 3: You're the one who cross about nobody inviting YouTube party. You don't us to your parties. So I'm sensing a little bit of like.
Speaker 2: Party planning committee.
Speaker 3: I have has nothing to do with double standard going on here with your parties.
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't want to talk about the double standard we have.
Speaker 1: But look, we went out went out to Little Nashville, which was a fun karaoke bar.
Speaker 3: What do they call it Little Nashville? Is it literally like Nashville. I think so right lights.
Speaker 1: Away, it's it's I think the whole point of it is to get up there on stage and act like you're in Nashville, Shanna, but little Nashville. Yeah, And look, karaoke's fun for the first two or three and then you get somebody up there that knows they should not be up there.
Speaker 3: Shannon.
Speaker 1: You you're you're a musician, You're a part of this musical world. There are some people that, despite karaoke being karaoke being welcoming, they probably just shouldn't go up there.
Speaker 3: We here's a little tip for anybody who's not good at karaoke ing, not good at singing. If you got to be in a karaoke party and you got to go up and sing a song, just do tequila.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's the I mean, the music plays and you just go tequila. There's one lyric. You can't screw that up, right? Can I tell you something though? Do you ever agree to things and you're like, why don't I agree to this?
Speaker 2: Well, talking about not going to parties, Yes, I do that all the time.
Speaker 3: I agreed for some reason to speaking of karaoke be a karaoke judge later on today at the Mount Washington, Kentucky Spring Festival. So they've got eight contestants and I've got to be one of the judges. And you know, it sounded fun at the time, and now that I got to go back and do it, I'm like, why did.
Speaker 2: I That sounds a little bit like torture Shan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know. I mean, there's only eight contestants, so I assume there's been sort of a preliminary thing where you know they're decent, they're not.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, yeah, if they're in a contest and they know that they can sing at least a little bit.
Speaker 3: And we found out if Ryan, you know, would be interested and they'd have to be dressed up as a costume character because he watches.
Speaker 2: Uh, what is we the mass sing?
Speaker 3: Asked Singer? Does anybody actually watch them?
Speaker 2: Anybody here watch them?
Speaker 3: Not one person?
Speaker 2: Only right that?
Speaker 3: I always wanted to like, who is watching the Masked Singer? And it seems like the dumbest show ever? And of course Ryan's like, yeah, I watch that every week. I never miss an episode. Yeah, I'm make sure I tape it.
Speaker 1: If I'm not there, you're just supposed to listen to the voice and guess the celebrity. Yeah, are Yeah, that's Kevin Hard I can tell by his singing unbelievable. Well, speaking of Ryan Lemon, I enjoyed sitting in with you guys on KSR yesterday when Matt was gone. We learned that Ryan was a two sport athlete in college and when he was injured during the baseball season, his coach made him run cross country and then he talked about well, he didn't bring it up. His mom and dad called in to say that Ryan cheated during cross country. He would sit in the bushes and wait for the crowd to come by, and then he'd jump out and run.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a very Ryan Lemon thing to do. Although you know, when you were playing college baseball like I did, and you're a pitcher, pictures had to run more than anybody. Why because they want your legs to be conditioned. Yeah right, they say, if you're a picture, it all starts with your legs. I would say, well, I thought it'd started with my shoulder, but they wanted they would want us to run extra So what Lindsay Wilson. I did something similar to this one time you do. There was a guy with the golf cart that was coming around and we had to do like the campus mile, and there's a buddy that was like, I don't know what, I don't know. He was working on like maintenance or something, you know, working in maintenance, and he had a golf cart and he swung by and I was, you know, on my second lap on the second mile, and I'm like, man, I'm a little tired. Do you mind? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh yea.
Speaker 3: So I jumped on the back of the golf cart and got you know, probably a good quarter mile uh you know trip, and then we got busted, and then it had to end up sticking around and you know, doing some some maintenance on the baseball field afterwards.
Speaker 2: Well, ride's out alone. It sounds like you may have done it in your past.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: They hate it running. There was a.
Speaker 1: Boston Marathon runner, I think famously it's like, jumped in at the end and tried to finish.
Speaker 2: I think Drew said off the air the other day.
Speaker 1: He did a color run one time and tried to do some skipping and they realized, hey, you only got one color on your shirt.
Speaker 3: Like the people that for fun, I do not understand. I do not get it.
Speaker 2: Well, there's like a runners high, Shannon, have you ever experienced?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, me neither, because I'm not I don't get past the hard part of running. I stopped running after I had to do the mile test in high school.
Speaker 3: In high school, yeah, you know, walking's different. I walked fifty miles. I did it. But like the running thing, No, I'm turned against running again. Just from college baseball, we ran so much. I just decided when I get out of college, I'm never gonna run.
Speaker 2: He's never gonna run again.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of walking, did you see what Paul Pierce did yesterday?
Speaker 3: Shannon? No, what did Paul Pierce?
Speaker 1: Okay, so two days ago before the Celtics played their most recent playoff game, and thank you, sir, I appreciate you bringing it.
Speaker 2: Looks like he brought in some the suits for us, maybe some donuts.
Speaker 1: There before the Celtics played their their their last playoff game.
Speaker 2: Paul Pierce guaranteed a victory.
Speaker 1: The Celtics are gonna win Game two, and if they don't, he would walk to work the next day in his bathrobe.
Speaker 2: Shannon, Well, did he do it?
Speaker 1: The Celtic blew another twenty point lead, and Paul Pierce yesterday walked twenty miles in a bathrobe to get the work. It took over seven hours, but he did it. After he said that he guaranteed a Celtics victory.
Speaker 3: We at least he's a man of his word. But I don't know why you would guarantee a victory for the Celtics. I mean in a bathroom, in a bathroom. So he was just like walking down the road, just walking.
Speaker 2: Down the street, just like a young Shannon the dude might walk. How many miles do you walk again?
Speaker 3: Fifty? Yeah? What city was he in?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a Fox Sports guy, so maybe Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Not sure about it.
Speaker 1: But when he got there, they wheeled him in a wheelchair. Do you remember the famous Paul Pierce wheeler where he got hurt during a game. He needed a wheelchair to get off the floor and eventually came out. He just pooped his pants and didn't want to people to see his back.
Speaker 3: So was there no one else out there with him? Because at least when I did my fifty mile walk, I had, you know, an entourage behind me. I had people along the way like encouraging me. It didn't look like at first he was just out there in the bathroom. They probably thought he was like some crazy man walking around in the bathroom. Is Paul Piers?
Speaker 1: He had like ten people like clapping for him when he showed up to the Fox Sports studios and then then they wheeled him in on the wheelchair.
Speaker 3: You think he actually walked it twenty miles though? Or was there some like video editing because nobody you know, like I a live streamed mind. Yeah, okay, I don't think anybody live streamed Paul Piers. So I I you know, I have a conspiracy theory, you know, uh, just about on anything. So I think there's maybe a conspiracy theory that he didn't really walk twenty miles.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but you know, you're gonna find people to doubt anything nowadays, right, I'm the gullible one of the groups. So I'm gonna believe Paul Pierce did it because if he didn't, I feel like that would come out right.
Speaker 2: We'd have to shame the guy if he tried to lie to us like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, but you know what, shades of Shannon the dude walking fifty miles.
Speaker 3: Not quite, that's only twenty not even half of what I.
Speaker 1: Two eight oh two two eight seven. There's a big holiday this weekend. Does anybody know what it is?
Speaker 3: Big holiday?
Speaker 2: Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: This is not a warning to everybody out there. It is a reminder. Mother's Day is this Sunday.
Speaker 2: And the moms in our lives deserve the best. They deserve to be treated and pampered.
Speaker 1: Right, but sometimes you get mom a gift that rubs her the wrong way?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, did you do that?
Speaker 2: I have in the past, I think, I think.
Speaker 1: But I found a poll Shannon of the worst gifts you can give your mom on Mother's s Day.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's hear what so Like, what are some.
Speaker 2: Of the best gifts? Like, what would you what do you what would you normally give?
Speaker 3: Flowers? Take mom out for dinner? I mean, I guess if you really want to get bougie, you could buy her like some jewelry. Oh the jewelry Genesis Diamonds shall be a real plaza. You know you could if you want it to read Jewelers.
Speaker 1: We're throwing sponsors out there. So yeah, that sounds like a very good, uh Mother's Day gift.
Speaker 3: Well, how about a facial for mom? Maybe a facial Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: The Kentucky Skin Center. That's that's where that will be.
Speaker 3: Oh look what I got here, by the way, with.
Speaker 2: A hand delivered coffee. What is that?
Speaker 1: That's not coffee, that's macha. Oh you a if you've done that boozio.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't know about macha idea, so I've gotten you at it. When we first met, you didn't drink coffee. No, Now you're a coffee aficionado. But if you don't know about macha, then you're still a rookie. Okay, this stuff is good.
Speaker 2: Drink your macha and you're facial in a little bit. You'll be fine, Shannon.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you some of the worst things that you can give your mom for Mother's Day. Number one, Shannon, probably not a good idea to get her some weight loss products.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, who's doing that. I don't know anybody in real life who would do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you'd be surprised how many dumb people out there are oblivious to some of these their mom.
Speaker 3: Here's a little Olympic shot.
Speaker 1: Cleaning supplies is probably not another good thing to give your mom.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to get up and clean the house that day.
Speaker 1: I'm somebody that likes to you know, maybe in the past, maybe breakfast in bed for mom.
Speaker 3: Oh really, okay, Yeah, you got a pamper a little bit. You make breakfast for your mom. Still like you with your mom back in the day that was? And now you know, Dad carries on the tradition as he should. Some more things you probably shouldn't get your mom how to cookbooks, could cook, but she doesn't need cooking for dummies. Maybe Matt needs something like that. Yeah, are we ever gonna get a meal from Matt? No? Nope, I don't believe I said he was gonna cook for us. I don't believe it. I'll believe it when I see it. Kind of like Kentucky football next season.
Speaker 2: Look, that's I agree with that. Unsolicited self help books, leftover holiday can't who's given leftover holiday candy to mom? There goes my copy points?
Speaker 1: There, homemade coupon books, and gift cards to stores you like are all things you shouldn't get your mom.
Speaker 3: Shannon, Well, good, Well, I haven't done any of those things yet, and as a matter of fact, they haven't done anything I've done them yet, so I'm still planning it. I'm gonna take her out for dinner. Yeah, and then she wanted to spend some good quality time, so I go, Mom, I need some flowers planets, So why don't you come over. We'll plant some flowers together. And the way it always works, when Mom comes over to plant the flowers with me, she's the one digging in the dirt. Knock here, you need some water.
Speaker 6: On those side.
Speaker 3: That's usually.
Speaker 1: So that's how I'm gonna spend my Mother's My dad usually plants the garden on Mother's My Mom's like all the days of the year. We could do this, and we do it on Mother's Day. But Shannon, there's one gift on that list that I habitually do. I feel seen right now?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: That's the coupon book.
Speaker 3: You give your mom a coupon Oh yeah, a coupon Bookkeep.
Speaker 1: Moms, my brothers, dad, sisters, they could all get a coupon book.
Speaker 3: Shannon, that's that's bad. That's not good.
Speaker 2: But the word that was with the gift, the word by the way I said it.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I said it this way, but you have words that I really just bother you for some reason. Why, Like you know, like like a moist. Yeah, like some people have a thing like they don't like that word. YEA, mine is coupon, coupon. I don't. I don't hate the way it sounds coupon. It's coupon. I would say coupon, but people say coupon and I hate that. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does.
Speaker 2: Well, if you were gonna color in between the lines, you would use.
Speaker 3: A crayon or crayon. No, a crayon crayon. There's two syllables in the word crayon crayon, not a crane.
Speaker 1: Well, that's another popular one that stumps the people of Shannon.
Speaker 2: You're telling me coupon books are foul.
Speaker 3: Coupon. I hate coupon is I don't know. It's like the word moist. For me. It just it's like you can't even think of the topic. No, you're just here sop up with going back and you say you got your your mom and dad cube.
Speaker 2: Many times in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, for Mother's Day, especially a Son of the year, right, I mean, listen, folks, when you don't come from the High Society. I can get jewelry at Genesis Diamonds. Sometimes you got to make best of what you got, and sometimes all you got is a couple of crans.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get coupon books in the mail every day. So you just take that and out out of your mailbox and get into mom. Youre mom. Here's two dollars off on Intelligence.
Speaker 2: Twenty five percent off at Arby's. Wow. Well, it's an auto details like your mom.
Speaker 3: Like your mom's gonna have a great Mother's It's.
Speaker 2: All about being, you know, personable. It's all about sharing a connection with your mom. And I hope all of you guys do that this week. Just don't forget.
Speaker 3: Hope she enjoys her buy one, get one free Frosty.
Speaker 1: And her cleaning supplies and her two cookbooks A five two two eight seven.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 1: We've got some Kentucky sports we'll talk about later today as we get ready for these facials. As well, we'll tell you a little bit about the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. Did you know skin cancer isn't rare, Shannon, It's actually the most common cancer in the United States. One in five Americans will face it, and here in Kentucky the hot odds are even high.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm begin serious about Ryan. He does need to get checked out. I told you when we went to the beach, he would sit there for like five hours with no sunscreen on, and somehow the guy didn't burn. I was out there for thirty minutes going my gosh, like I got to get out of this. And he's just sitting there all day on the beach. I don't know. He's got some tough skin. You need to check out.
Speaker 6: Ryan.
Speaker 2: Skin is tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's torch. But anybody needs a facial it's our guy, Ryan. All right, Well, keep it where you got. It's a Friday edition of the KSR pre Show. It's good to be back out.
Speaker 2: On the road. You know, it's been a file since we did one of these remotes. Uh.
Speaker 3: Last time I was out on I guess any remote was Well, we don't want to bring that up. It's bad memories. The Kentucky Tennessee game. Yeah yeah, yeah, we won't talk about that one, but we'll talk about Ryan spilling NATO's all over a shirt together five minutes after walking into the arena.
Speaker 2: That's just a normal app happened. It's like, that's just happening.
Speaker 1: But we'll take a break and be right back. It is the show before the show, the ksrpre Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back. It is the KSR Appreciow Live on a Friday. Billy and the Dude.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't skip halftime adjustments, right, so why skip your skin check? Kentucky Skin Cancer Center has your back and your arms, your face, your neck, your ears, and even those spots you forgot existed. Don't wait until the scoreboard's too late. Go see doctor Skags. He's a UK alum, so you know he's good people.
Speaker 3: Shan, Yeah, he's been listening to the show for I guess all the way back to the beginning because he said BTS sucks when we met him this morning, So that's how you know.
Speaker 2: That's the code he's been listening.
Speaker 3: That's right, since day one. That's a day one listener.
Speaker 1: Doctor Skags will join us in the final segment to talk more about the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center when Shannon gets his facial.
Speaker 3: We also have some what is it a coffee truck over there show? Yes, libertell ya, I hope I'm saying that right. Libertalia Coffee and bagels. They brought this Macha over. It's really good. You can get you a coffee, you go, get you a bagel. They got it all there for you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So we're having a great time here in Owensboro on Central Time. And Shannon did not get to watch any of the NBA action last tonight, but saw the Timberwolves finally.
Speaker 3: Got over the Golden State War they did. That series is tied at one tonight. You get the Thunder and the Nuggets and you get the Calves and Pacers and Pacers. It's just been incredible in the playoffs, like we mentioned yesterday, a couple of come behind wins, down seven both times and in the final minute came back and one and they're up to ozho. They'll try to go up three.
Speaker 1: Oh tonight, there's a real chance we get Nicks Pacers in the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 2: And wouldn't that be a throwback? That would be Oh yeah, fun, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shades of Reggie Miller versus Patrick Ewing? Patrick Ewing? Yeah, you can bet it all on the DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets, same game parlay as live betting player props. It's all there for you and if you win, fast and easy payouts with DraftKings. Are the Celtics gonna get one tomorrow or whenever that game is?
Speaker 2: You tell me, man, I'm a Celtics fan. I am win at home. So what you think they're gonna win on the road?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's the way it's been so far in the playoffs. The road teams have had the most success, so they're gonna need to otherwise they go down three to zero, it's over for them. But DraftKings sports book promo CODEKSR. For new customers bet five, get two hundred and bonus bets. The crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply and new customers only. Bonus bets expiring one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms are responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash.
Speaker 1: Audio commencement at the University of Kentucky for graduation is I believe this Friday and Saturday, and while I love everybody that graduates. I love it when an athlete comes back to get their degree. Right, maybe if you do, you are one and done and you need to make that life changing money in the NBA. But yet you still have the presence to come back to your university and actually get your degree. Rajon Rondo is one of those people that will be doing that, getting his degree this week. And you know, Shannon, what do you remember about your graduation day?
Speaker 2: Did you walk?
Speaker 3: I did? Yeah, of course I did. What do you think I wasn't gonna go out there and get my diploma after.
Speaker 1: The due he might be one of those guys that are like, I don't want to walk, just give it a diploma.
Speaker 2: I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: You know, I always hate it just waiting. The hardest part for me was just sitting there and waiting. I mean, I'm in the g's so I'm not you know a last name with why or see? You have to wait till the very end. But still just sitting there waiting was the the worst. And you had to listen to the speech. I'm like, I don't care, just give me my diploma. Let me get out of here. I knew I don't remember one thing about the person who spoke at my graduation. I don't remember one message. I don't remember one word they said. All I remember is just getting in that gown and the cap and you go up there and you get your diploma. And I was like, all right, let's get out of here and go get something.
Speaker 2: It's a long day. I mean, it is a long day.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know, people are cheering every time as the name's called, even though they say to cheer at the end.
Speaker 2: Shannon, Sorry, too bad.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cheer when my my significant other relative is called.
Speaker 3: But but I think it's really cool, really commendable for Rondo to go back. You know, a guy who's set for life with all the money that he's made, but it's about bettering yourself and going back and getting that diploma and graduating was a goal that he had all along. And uh, you know, I don't blame him for leaving early and going to the NBA. Who wouldn't do that when I said life changing money. But then to circle back and come back and do it and get the diploma, I think is really commendable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could argue about the value of a degree nowadays, but the accomplishment of doing it in three, four, five years or even coming back is something that is noteworthy. In congratulations to all the athletes that are going to be going through commencement this weekend.
Speaker 2: Now, Shannon, we do have a lot going on. But what's the story about the Joe Creesan Park in Louisville. So they got pickle ball courts that they're going to take over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe, are you happy about it? Oh, he's brougha he's got the paddle. Yeah, he's got the paddle with him. So Joe Creesan Park in Louisville is what kind of like a little neighborhood park, right, and they're wanting to put in pickleball facilities. Now we learned that Joe Reason was a media personality, and that just goes to show you how big back in the day, you know, newspaper writers were. I mean now newspapers, I mean, does anybody get a newspaper anymore?
Speaker 2: I mean they stopped running.
Speaker 3: But back then, you know, he was such a big character and such a big personality. When he passed away plane tennis at that court, they named the park after him. So now they're wanting to put pickleball facilities in the neighbors are like, no, we want to save our park. They're all out there channing save Joe Creesin. And there was like three hundred people that showed up and nobody on the pickleball side. So maybe you need to go give them some support.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know they didn't.
Speaker 3: Are you from Louisoll or from Owensboro? From here? Okay? Well I don't know what your vote counts if you come in from Owensboro. But but you know, look, I've started playing pickleball.
Speaker 2: I know you're one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't want to take over, like, you know, all the parks with pickleball stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna ask, you know. So there we was some pushback a couple of years ago when the top golf is game put in in Louisville, right the subdivision was like, oh, traffic, it's gonna be awful now we have the tennis courts and pickleball courts coming. I mean, Shannon, whose side are you on here?
Speaker 3: You know? I think even though I like pickleball, I'm kind of on like, let's not destroy our parks with pickleball facilities and buildings right in the middle of a park. There was a really good quote that a guy had that was for keeping the park as it is. Yeah, and I don't know exactly what he said, but basically the gist of it was, why are we putting a pickleball court in the middle of this park. Let's just go find an empty big lots building because you know, big lot planes. I don't know like around here, but like in Louisville, there's big lot buildings everywhere and they're all empty. So you could, in theory, make those empty buildings something before you just you know, put another building right in the middle of a park.
Speaker 1: You know, it seems like those Halloween spirit stores a takeover vacant buildings. Just take one of those down and put some pictures actually spirit Halloween.
Speaker 3: I always thought that was weird. It's not Halloween, no, it's Spirit Halloween. I was like, well, this sends back, but anyway, Yeah, I mean, you got those buildings that you could put pickleball courts in. I don't know why you wouldn't use those before you would just take over a park.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to check with you.
Speaker 1: You've you've crossed over to the dark side, and I wanted to see what's side of the aisle you were on here. Yeah, but you know, Mario has been talking to us about a KSR pickleball game, so let's do it.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I don't want Ryan on my team. He's stinks. I played him in Panama City. He pulled. He pulled his groin playing pickleball. I mean, come on, that's why they made it pickleball, so you don't get hurt.
Speaker 2: I'll take Ryan. Then, all right, we'll take a break. Be right back here on the show. Before the show. It's the KSR AP pre Show. Welcome back. It is the.
Speaker 1: KSR pre Show live here in Owensboro at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. Will this is a great crowd. I mean they're putting up four seats over here, Shannon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first remote we've done in quite some time, and no one's boro showed up.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you guys so much for coming out today. H Shannon.
Speaker 1: There were two important pieces of news yesterday. You tell me which one is more important. Okay, okay, all right. The first is Bill Belichick's girlfriend, Jordan Hudson has been banned for the UNC football facility.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah. The other one I think I know what the other one.
Speaker 1: The other one is a pope was elected yesterday and it is the first American pope, Leo the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Up claps in the crowd. There for that, shann What some people did.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. More people would clap for Mark Pope than the Pope.
Speaker 2: Good call. That's a great call.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, now, which one's more important? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which one do you think is more?
Speaker 3: Which ones? Okay, the pope is more important, is more important? But which one is more entertaining? Bill Belichick's girl friend.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I mean this had to happen, right, I mean, she's strutting around the practice field. She already nicks the Hard Knocks thing they were gonna film UNC and she was making demands. She was like wanting to be an executive producer in the credits a Hard Knocks. Are you crazy? I think she is crazy, Shannon, Yeah, but sometimes you put up with crazy for the hot twenty four to twenty five year old girl.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when we were seventy four, she's twenty four. I guess you do.
Speaker 5: She right?
Speaker 2: Like hot?
Speaker 3: Well, when he didn't like stop her when she was interjecting during the interview about a football question. Yeah, Like, okay, if she it's one thing to jump in and say I don't want you to talk about our relationship on national TV. But when they asked him a football question and she's jumping in, going no, that's not how we run our offense, I mean, like, come on, like you gotta say no, Bill Belichick knows more about football than she'll ever know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but come on, Bill, let's speak up here, because I feel like he's ruining his legacy a little bit, right. I mean, you could be a great football coach, but if you're a whipped old man at the end, it's I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like Bill Belichick's living his best life. Like if he were here, I'd give him a high five.
Speaker 2: I bet you would.
Speaker 3: To go.
Speaker 2: Bill asked her a little advice.
Speaker 1: But the other news, the Pope Leo the fourteenth, This was a huge upset. You know, there are gambling markets to see who the next pope is. This is a huge upset. Nobody thought this would happen from Chicago spend a lot of time in Peru. He is a huge White Sox fan, so people thought he might come back to the States and go to Wrigley Field.
Speaker 2: Probably not going to Wrigley.
Speaker 1: He might go to a White Sox game, which sucks for him because they suck right now. Shit, yes, but cool news at least that there is an American pope.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, Pizza Bala didn't get it.
Speaker 2: He was my go Pizza Baa.
Speaker 3: Peter didn't win either, so we got the American Pope. So I guess he won't be going to Wrigglely Phillip to sing take me out to the ball game anytime?
Speaker 2: No, no, probably.
Speaker 3: Other than that, I don't really have a whole lot of strong thoughts about the Pope because I don't really know much about it. I don't really know what to say. But I did mention after lunch, I said, remember I gave you a little pope insight. I said, they're gonna have lunch. That's where they all kind of congregate, and there may be some like you know, vote swaying, like hey, maybe he's little politicking, little politicking. And I think it happened after lunch they came back and all of a sudden, the white smoke came up, and then here comes Pope who is it Leo, Leo the fourteenth Field is the name that he is, I guess accepted to be known as. I think it's something different. So there were other I guess there were thirteen other ones? Or does he just get to.
Speaker 2: Say fourteen again? Not my forte but we all we wish him the best.
Speaker 3: And aren't you a third?
Speaker 2: I am the third?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think it's I have to name my son the fourth, right, I can't stop that line.
Speaker 3: You should just go fuck, just go full elon. Don't call him like just call him at four. We'll call him number four. Don't call him like William Rutledge the fourth. Yeah, just call him four.
Speaker 2: Little quatro over there.
Speaker 3: Quatro. I like that even better.
Speaker 1: Quadru quatcho a little bit more than four h A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. We spoken into existence when we mentioned pickleball.
Speaker 2: Pickleball, Paul. He's on the line. Good morning, Paul, how are you?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Fellows? Welcome Dawn's world. Glad you here. I'd love to come see you. But of course at nine o'clock, pickleball's colin. Uh. The issue with the parks and Louisville that I don't quite understand. Parks are supposed to be for the enjoyment of her people, and as people over set, they should be upsets and they're building a tennis facility. Also, those tennis courts like the ones that Orangebrow will sit there empty. The pickleball courts will be full. And I don't quite understand what they're upset about. But had a private court for you guys to play on this morning, which you never called me back. So maybe next time we'll get together and you guys have a good day and a shout out to Mickey Row Cheat left you guys a souvenir in your car this morning.
Speaker 3: On my car. Okay, you got on your cars. Don't see anything over there? Well, I can't see on the other side. I never got a call from pickleball.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, he's talking a big game for not showing up to our pickleball match a couple of years ago. That's right, You did have one, didn't I had former Louisville athlete Eric would coming to be my doubles partner and then he just didn't show up.
Speaker 2: Him in one leg Craig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Paul, what do you got to say for yourself?
Speaker 5: Bill I text Billy and ask that you guys will come to town, and it's.
Speaker 3: You texted Billy.
Speaker 1: Oh look here's the here's your It's a pickleball ball on the top of the car. Maybe that's only on my car?
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, that's not mine.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Paul for confusing us this morning.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. So you brought the iHeart vehicle I did. Yeah, I'm not driving. See it is okay, I'll see the ball. Yeah, okay, that's riveting radio.
Speaker 3: There's a pickleball, Paul on the antenna of the the iHeart.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this could only be topped by our next caller, whose name is Swag Sandwich.
Speaker 2: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Swag Sandwich on the phone line. This is an ODDS segment. Already tell it. What's up, Swag?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 5: How are we doing good?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: I've got a hypothetical and a question on Kentucky basketball. All right, let's go, So, what what do you think would be the outcome of our season? If Reed Shepherd was a year younger and his first year was under Mark Pope.
Speaker 5: First question, Mmm.
Speaker 3: Like kind of record? How far do we go on the tournament.
Speaker 4: Do you think we go any further in the tournament?
Speaker 3: First of all, I think Reid would start under Pope. I don't think he'd be coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're rubbing salt in the wounds.
Speaker 3: Do we beat Tennessee with the reed Shepherd?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Mark Pope's system is so predicated by.
Speaker 2: The three point shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and when Reid would go in, it was just money, it was automatic. It was better than a layup when him shooting a three at times, So you know it's possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that we would go any further in that. That Tennessee game we got dominated, right, I mean from start to finish. Let's be real. That wasn't a two or three point game. It was. It was a blowout. And uh, I think we probably would have gone about the same as as we did this year.
Speaker 2: Who do you take off the court if Reid's on as well? I mean, is that Otega at the two?
Speaker 3: No, you can't take Otega.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Laman out. You need him for defense. I think he doesn't bring that.
Speaker 3: You go, you go three guards, you go three guard line at the three?
Speaker 1: Probably, So yeah, move read over to the Kobe Bray is back on the bench, so like, I mean, that kind of creates a logjam at that guard position.
Speaker 3: Going four guards, we're putting Kobe out there too.
Speaker 1: But last year was the year with all the injuries, so you would have loved Read. So you know, I'm not sure about much further.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, maybe maybe a better record overall. I think there's some games you'll probably win if you have Read Shepherd. But you know, when you're in into that Tennessee team the way that they played, sometimes it doesn't matter even if you did have him. You also need everybody else to play well, and they just they had an off night.
Speaker 1: And is he the three or fourth pick in the NBA draft if he were to be with Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: You know, probably not.
Speaker 1: I'll give Cal some credit there in producing and getting him ready.
Speaker 3: For the next time. I mean, I don't know, it depends. If he came back and had a really good season, I could see him still going three or four.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe what's the other thing you had?
Speaker 3: Color?
Speaker 5: Awesome? I was at the Tennessee game too. That was gross. I mean, they couldn't miss the shot.
Speaker 4: But second question was, uh, did Cali Perry which game did he care more about beating Rick or beating Kentucky?
Speaker 3: And I M great question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know there's a rivalry there, I mean Rick and Cal. Yeah, I think Rick hates Cal more than Cal hates Rick.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, I think probably Cal beating Rick.
Speaker 2: You do, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the other way. I think it's him coming back to rut.
Speaker 3: Because you know, for the longest time, that was the guy that sort of fueled caliper you know, and Mattis. And I think it's true Cal was always better when he had somebody to to rival him, you know, somebody that that made him step up his game. So I think beating Rick was probably more sweet than him coming back and beating Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I would counter with I think Cal's got a good record against Patino, so he's been able to do it for a while, I mean.
Speaker 3: Especially especially to do it in the tournament too, right versus a regular season.
Speaker 2: It's true, that's that's probably the caveat.
Speaker 1: I mean, to win that game and then take Arkansas of the Sweet sixteen I think vindicated him very much. So, Uh, Shannon, we've talked about the radio host Delilah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we listened to Delilah going through Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she's great.
Speaker 1: I mean the middle of the night, she'll give you some love advice, so she give you some soothing tones. A lot of times people will write into Delilah. I have a similar letter that has been written in that I want to read to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was written in. It was written into us.
Speaker 2: No, just in general.
Speaker 1: You know what it's going viral and it's something that we should talk to us. That's right, right, So a little love advice, Shannon, We need your help. I've been dating this guy for a few months and he's smart, sweet, successful, everything I can ask for. But there's one thing that I might not be able.
Speaker 2: To get past. He's obsessed with Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Okay, he swears he saw the big guy when he was a teen and now his primary Now it's his primary hobby. He goes on expeditions, owns expensive tracking gear, and genuinely believes he's going to be the one that finds the proof. He's totally normal otherwise, but I can't tell if this is a just a quirky hobby or a major red flag. Can a relationship survive when your partner's made side hustle is chasing Kryptide.
Speaker 3: So, just to condense all of what you said into one sentence, he's a ten, but he believes in bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Yes, what look after you put up with it?
Speaker 3: Look, I mean if it were like the opposite. Wait, she was a ten but she believed in bigfoot. I'd be out there bigfoot hunting every weekend. You better believe it. We know that that guy, get him some beef, jerky.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick over here, he's looking for bigfoot.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, honey. We'll go look for locknest after this.
Speaker 1: To me, there's a sense of you're crazy. I mean, I can't put up with that type of crazy. But we just talked about that.
Speaker 3: Hey, be in a ten, and crazy goes hand in hand, Like if you're a ten, there is a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just can't come home from work. And again she's talking about bigfoot. You know, Yetta, look at it like this like I can do it for the first year, maybe even the second, but like you're looking.
Speaker 3: At it wrong. This is like Bondie. This is like you're going out and you're hiking, right, this is your extra time. You're looking for bigfoot. You know you're out in the woods. You know you're having fun, So that's your bonding. Yes, well, then you know she you probably have things that you like to do that she doesn't like. She's probably not into sports. She's willing to go sit through a Kentucky game for you, I think you can go chase Bigfoot for a couple of hours every week.
Speaker 2: That's a stretch.
Speaker 1: I mean Kentucky games at least like matter and they matter to the community and to people too.
Speaker 3: If you found Bigfoot, it would matter to everybody. Would you would make world news if you found if you're the one person that found the sas Have.
Speaker 1: You ever seen those videos or those shows like Catching big Foot?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just people dishes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just people walking around round in the woods talking to themselves.
Speaker 2: It's like Blair Witch Project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it really is, just like you've got a camera and then you finally see a shadow in like.
Speaker 3: The Ghost Hunters has like twenty seasons and it's literally guys walking around in the dark talking out.
Speaker 2: Loud to themselves.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I heard something.
Speaker 3: It's the producer over there slamming the door, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know. I thought that was a good Delilah question. Yeah, Shannon's you know, he doesn't care. That's crazy. He just cares about the ten.
Speaker 3: Out of ten. Well, I mean, let's not act like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, okay, Well eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. If you have a different answer, Shannon, you're getting ready to have a facial here.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 3: That matters too, So I'm gonna get ready for that. H Did we mention that we're giving away a YETI cooler tote. No, we didn't even mention that. Yeah, we're doing that. Uh, We've got all kinds of things going on out here today. Make sure you come by and get it. Get a macha too. If you haven't had a macha from from Libertellia Coffee and Vague, we've lost him.
Speaker 2: He's so boogie now drinking machas.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: He's drinking manchas out and backstage.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you try it, you'll love it. Then you'll be drinking macha.
Speaker 1: You've already got me addiction to urky, so I am not going to do it. Shannon, do you uh got any weekend plans before.
Speaker 3: We let you go. Uh got I know? We got the barbecue is a barbecue festival going on today, so I'm told I gotta go get some barbecue. I may do that on the way out.
Speaker 2: And you got karaoke judging, right, I got.
Speaker 3: The Mount Washington Spring Festival going on this weekend. You're busy, gay, Yeah, I still can't get on to be the grand Marshal. I'm like, I'm like from Mount Washington, this little bit of town, and they won't let me be the grand Marshal. They bring in Kevin Harden from Wave three, who lives in Bardstown anyway. But yeah, I'll be driving in the karaoke contest and I don't know, maybe riding some of those rickety rides that they put together.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Would you get on one of those carnival rides?
Speaker 1: Uh No, not the ones that they travel from like town. That's what they're and they like build them in a matter of the.
Speaker 3: Help together with shoestring and bubble go. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things are spinning fast and they're waving in the wind too, you know what I mean, Like those things are not secured.
Speaker 2: I used to get them on it and as a kid.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I got that going on, and there of course Mother's Day too. I didn't forget about that.
Speaker 2: That's right, get yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to forget about DraftKings either. From go KSR. Let me get this in before I go get my facial one more time. The eighty two game grind is done. It's ready for the playoff drama and you can get on all the action. DraftKings Sportsbook. The Officials spending partner of the NBA DraftKings ed you hooked up for new customers. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets with promo code KSR. The crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem calling in Hunter Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions applying new customers only. Bonus bes expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms are responsible gaming resources to thee DKNNG dot co slash audio. Good job today, buddy, Go all right, man, I'm gonna be so pretty when I come back, you won't even recognize me. I'm gonna have a new face that I come out of that building.
Speaker 1: And drinking matches fort It's unbelievable we've lost them. When we come back, doctor Skaggs will join us to talk more about the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center here on the show.
Speaker 2: Before the show, it is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back live on a Friday. It is the KSR pre Show. A great crowded thank you to everybody for coming out to this. KSR is next, Matt, just Scott here, Ryan and Drew just got their facials. Shannon the Dude is in getting his facial right now and joining me as doctor Robert Skaggs here from the Kentucky Skin Answer Scatter.
Speaker 2: Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 5: Robin?
Speaker 6: Good morning? I'm doing great.
Speaker 7: I'm happy to be here, happy to talk about the skin and happy to talk to Fela. Kentucky's about taking care of our largest organ.
Speaker 1: Now, one question I asked you before we get into someone like the skin cancer stuff is on these talking points it says you relate yourself to Chick fil A because the team actually likes seeing it you even at seven am?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Every day is a great day to be here.
Speaker 7: We get to take care of our community, We get to help them with their problems. We get to make their day better. We get to help people feel better in their own skin.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me a little bit more about skin cancer. It's not that rare, is it.
Speaker 6: It's really not rare, Billy. I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 7: This is skin cancer Awareness Month, it's melanoma Awareness month. Skin cancer happens to one in five Americans. Is even more common in Kentucky, and skin cancer is very treatable, especially when we catch it early. That's why we encourage everyone to get a yearly skin exam. When we catch skin cancer early, we give patients better outcomes, smaller scars, better cosmetic results, and you get to spend more time doing the things you like.
Speaker 6: To do, like golf. Yeah, fish outside now.
Speaker 2: I don't wear a lot of sunscreen when I go golfing.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get a little burnt, as I've gotten recently. That's a pretty bad idea, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Sounds like you need a hat. We can help you with that.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to show off the hair, right, Yes, sir, you've got a great hair. Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: But you know, what are some preventative ways of you know, what can you do to help prevent skinning.
Speaker 6: The best thing you.
Speaker 7: Can do is wear a hat or long sleeves. But if you don't want to wear a hat, if you have a great.
Speaker 2: Hair like Billy r Sports, you.
Speaker 7: Need sunscreen and the best sunscreen is SBF thirty or higher. We like zinc sunscreens, sunscreens that have minerals like zinc and titanium. You should reapply at least at the back nine Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking about reinapplying.
Speaker 1: I don't even have it on yet, so I need to make a lifestyle change.
Speaker 7: So in all seriousness, skin cancer is very serious, and especially when you're young like you, Billy. I know you just had a birthday, but when you get a unburned, especially a blistering sunburn, when you're younger, you dramatically increase the chances of having melanoma, squamous cell and basal cells. Those are skin cancers, and skin cancer kills ten thousand people a year.
Speaker 3: In the United School Wow, ten thousand at least.
Speaker 7: And it's very important that we protect our skin when we're younger so we don't have problems when we're older. And we try to encourage everybody to have their skin checks, so we can catch skin cancers early and treat them before you need a surgery.
Speaker 2: So what are some of the services you guys offer.
Speaker 1: Obviously you have the facials, but what are other things people can come here for?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, thanks for asking. We are a comprehensive office. We do general dermatology. We take care of skin, skin cancers and a variety of different ways. We do mode surgery, which has over ninety nine percent curreate for most skin cancers. We also offer esthetic services. We do filler botox, we do facials, we have lasers, we treat acne warts, we do everything. We treat one month olds and one hundred year olds and everywhere in between.
Speaker 6: We treat everybody.
Speaker 1: And as a uklum, I mean, it's got to be gratifying to give.
Speaker 2: Back and help the people like Big Blue Nation out here.
Speaker 7: I'm so happy that we're partnering with KSR because I have listened to KSR for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: KSR has a great audience and we reach a lot of people. This is the community that I grew up in. Everybody that works in our office grew up here. We all want to take care of our fellow Kentuckians. And we really really connect with our community. We are so happy to partner with you guys and spread the word about skin cancer and taking care of our skin and taking care of our families so that we can do all the things we like to do, which is cheering our wildcats.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Well, let's give it up for doctor Robert Skaggs here doing a great job with the community and helping others here at the Kentucky Skin can Center.
Speaker 2: Thank you very.
Speaker 6: Much, Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, KSR.
Speaker 1: The one that you've been listening to is next, Matt Ryan, Drew, Shannon already to go. Well, Shannon is going to be a little bit late. I'm going to go in and get a facial here in just a second, so looking forward to that.
Speaker 6: I'm excited for you having a fun time at Owensborough.
Speaker 1: Big thank you to the doctor Skags here for Shannon the dude, I'm Billy right leg.
Speaker 2: This has been the ks R pre show. We will