Speaker 1: Are you ready to win real money this March Mania tournament? Are you struggling to choose which team will pull an upset? I forget about the teams. All you need to focus on are the player stats. To rack up the big cash prizes with Draft Kings Pick six and when it comes to massive payouts, Draft Kings dunks all over the competition. Pick six is available in most states, including states like Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia, and more. Track your picks for a shot to win huge cash prizes. It is as simple as that. Turn your basketball tournament knowledge into cash. Today, new players get fifty dollars and Pick six credits instantly with just a five dollars entry download the Draft Kings Pick six app now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars, get fifty dollars and Pick six credits, better payouts, bigger wins only with Pick six from DraftKings. The Crown is Yours gambling problem called one hundred Gambler. Helps available for problem gambling called eight to eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven seven are visit CCPG Oregan in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Plust be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario.
Speaker 3: Void.
Speaker 2: We're prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non woodrawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days limited time offers. See terms at Pick six doop, DraftKings dot com, slash promos.
Speaker 4: It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles talking basketball and they are wearing a whist so, yeah, it's too.
Speaker 5: Bad, But what did you expect.
Speaker 4: It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles, twine.
Speaker 1: Wheels, Eddie blow the whistle. All right, Uh, relevant sports stuff coming up in a minute. That's what we do, yes sometimes, but I do think there's a we need to have a little announcement here. I think it just needs to be said. So on this show the whole time we've done the show. My name is Bobby and that's Eddie kick Off. Kevin Mike is producing the show. Casey Digital edits video Reid, who's been my guy that's been on the road with me and in life and and all creative content, La La. We told you Reid was leaving and read was moving reads about to be wife, is going to be a doctor, and that program works. You kind of don't get to pick.
Speaker 5: Where you go.
Speaker 6: No, not really. It's it's like a sorority thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, ah, never did that, so they pilified it doctor. Sometimes it depends on the program, you know, so what do you mean? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 6: So it's like it's like they make a make a list and then it basically goes down like.
Speaker 1: Oh, like picking a sorority not being in one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like how they pick you for sure. Yeah, I never been an authority. I didn't know what I was talking about. Dude, Yeah, were you in a fraternity?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: Remember they took him.
Speaker 1: The woods, I know, and they played the rooster song. Yeah, but I don't know if did they he stayed in after that?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 6: I got cut? I came back though, I went through it again.
Speaker 1: Redemption story. That's a story for Disney, not even an out of the day, but like maybe later today.
Speaker 6: And it was and it was weird because like I knew what was happening, even though all the other like new pledges didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 7: Was happening and they's abducted you. Yeah, like I had to go through that again. So then just hold off on that story. Yeah, hold off a hold all right, story. Okay, So Reid is engaged, is going to be married.
Speaker 1: He told his about to be a wife that wherever she goes, he's just gonna go with her.
Speaker 6: Love man love, man.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 1: And so you guys have been living apart for how long?
Speaker 6: So we've been together seven years. Out of those seven years, we've lived five years apart.
Speaker 1: And you would drive down to light Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's been Monroe, Louisiana for four of those years. And it's seven and a half hour drive, so try to go once a month. So dude, I put some miles on the car.
Speaker 5: Love man love her man love.
Speaker 1: He's like, but and I told him second time, at least don't let me be naked when you have Doug. Dude, we're not there right now.
Speaker 6: We'll get to it.
Speaker 1: So, uh, she had picked our places in like Little Rock I think was an option, you like Little Rock, Texas, Memphis, Yeah, Lewis and then any far far Ones Orlando was like the furthest and that we mainly just put that because like worst case, like Disney man, yeah, Disney, I mean that's what I'm saying, like Disney World. So without saying it though, but she has her place, did she pick it?
Speaker 6: So we we were battling between what do you mean battling like we were like we were trying to decide where to list, like where, So you're listing in order and then they're listing in order when they kind of match them, yes, exactly, and so it already done, like have any idea say that?
Speaker 5: And Nashville was not an option.
Speaker 8: No, not for pediatrics, stupid kids, kids, all right, So go ahead, and so you're listing them, and so you are deciding on.
Speaker 5: Your order mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And in your version, what did you want to be number one?
Speaker 6: So at first I wanted it to be Memphis because like, her family's close to there, and like I'm closer to Nashville that way too, And so then we went to Saint Louis to do a second look. It was also Valentine's weekend, so we were like, we'll just also make a trip out of it, and so we went there and just the vibe of like not turning the street and worrying about your safety was a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Wait, have you been okay anyway better or better?
Speaker 6: No? Better? Though? What as far as for her going to the hospital, like when she did her like that specific block, exactly got it, okay, exactly, you drove the route, yeah, okay her, Yeah, because yeah, when she did her little rotation in Memphis, she had to like get up at like four in the morning and like literally step over homeless dudes to get to the parking lot and like.
Speaker 1: That that's okay regardless.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, I hear you. Way as far as vibes is, like, it's it's an hour. It's an hour further way further away than Memphis is to Nashville, so it's like four and a half hours from here, and the like living lifestyle there like just seemed a whole lot better as far as like people were actually going out and doing stuff.
Speaker 1: And I think it was just where you were looking at that block at that time though, because you're like people had on hats. I'm like, no, dude, that's just weren't people in hats where you were. That's true. But I hear you, Yeah, so you from your experience, you like this doesn't mean picked it, but you liked, say lois over Memphis now and you guys is ranking for sure, and so but now you're wedding on their ranking to come back. Yep, exactly, and you get the rankings back. And it turns out, which, by the way, if Reid was going to live in Memphis, we're going to find a way from to You don't be here a little bit close enough, close enough. I can't be here all the time. Obviously he's got a life. It really felt like if Memphis was going to be But apparently there's a homeless person that.
Speaker 6: Shook the whole that one guy.
Speaker 1: Dang it, So what happened.
Speaker 6: So it turns out I'm going to the lou Baby, I'm going to be a cardinal.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're not going to school there.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not signing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they also have the Rims.
Speaker 6: Yeah we do get we do get tickets to the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: So you're moving to St.
Speaker 6: I'm moving to St.
Speaker 9: Louis.
Speaker 6: And dude, we've been on the freaking grind trying to find a place and it's kind of a nightmare. But we were like, do we do we buy? Do we do we rent? And so I think we're just gonna rent for for the first year and try to figure things out because I mean, no, no, we don't care about this part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what kind of bed do we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Which part of wayfair? No, we're going Wait so you are when is your last day with us?
Speaker 6: Last day here would be made for some of the moving is probably going to be like that May third weekend.
Speaker 1: And how sad are you because there are sacrifices? Yeah, obviously, how sad are you because you have to leave this?
Speaker 6: I'm extremely sad because I mean as far as like like being around like you guys, and like the connections I've made and just being able to do cool stuff like freaking go to California and potentially go to a razorback game is like when when do you ever get to do that sort of stuff? So like, that's that's going to be sad, But I'm just I'm also excited to just kind of.
Speaker 1: Figure out of the super Bowl. I took him to the super Bowl. I know that's three weeks ago, and I would have picked the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: He's like, for example, you know, yeah, you're right, You're right. Super Bowl is definitely.
Speaker 1: Too many almost guys steping over there and getting to the game.
Speaker 6: For sure, there's too many things to count. But but I mean, my ultimate dream is always to have my own production company, So I would love to just I want to get as much business coming my way to where I can just start hiring people and and do that. So it's gonna be it's gonna be a struggle a little bit, but I'm gonna be in town. I know you'll probably say that, like, Okay, yeah, he says he's gonna come back in town.
Speaker 1: This is definitely high school graduation where we're gonna be friends, We're always going to stay in touch. Yeah never Yeah, well you'll be here once every seven weeks and your product, Ruby's not going to start, so that you sucked. What I completely shut him down is like that's gonna work. You gotta you have years now that you have to dedicate to her, and that you're not gonna be able to build anything here. Why not build it there? Is my point, not that there's a lot of work, as much work there, but because this is the town where there's big creative hub.
Speaker 5: But yeah, new the cardinal's over there though.
Speaker 1: He is one, right, So you're moving to Saint Louis, moving to Saint Louis and you're leaving all of us behind.
Speaker 6: Damn, I'll be back, I promise I will. No, I'll be back. I will be knocking at you your door.
Speaker 3: No you won't.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will watch me he comes to our windows.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, at least there is some closure on where you're going to live. And sure how she feel about it?
Speaker 6: For she? I mean yeah, she felt great. It's such an incredible program and like super prestigious for for pediatrics and stuff like that. So she's she's super pumped and she's going to get good education there. So good for you.
Speaker 5: Read Yeah, thanks man, Good for you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: That didn't really sound very enthusiastic.
Speaker 5: Well, we're sad. We're sad you're leaving.
Speaker 1: We are sad you're leaving because you've been a big part of the group. But we also know once you're gone, you're gone. You're back, dude, it's not you may come back occasionally, but you're not coming back.
Speaker 5: Like Kevin didn't even invite us to his wedding.
Speaker 1: Of course, this is what happened with Kevin, because Kevin has like wedding party, a wedding, He has like all this baptism he has like you were there, he has like a gathering to talk about the partie or there's cake. And so we're on here going. We could nobody got invited a crap and it wouldn't have mattered. But he invited like another random guy that works in the building. If it was only like like family would have got it. So he uh was gone on his honeymoon. And I posted that episode not too him by we're talking about him, Yeah, and and the headline is like Kevin eats balls or something or whatever it.
Speaker 6: Was Bobby and Eddie get upset with Kevin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I swipe up to so looked at it, and I saw Kevin looked at it, and I was like, you for sure could not have kept his curiosity if I'm listening to this episode honeymoon, like.
Speaker 5: What the hell are they saying about me over there?
Speaker 1: So yes, I'm sorry, guess again, but you live here, so we're good. And he still So that's my pointed you were, It's gonna be awesome. Good luck to you. You're gonna do another few weeks episodes with us, and then yeah, you know, move on, moving.
Speaker 5: On up, Good luck man, I'll be around.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, just stop saying it's high school.
Speaker 1: Right, it's high school.
Speaker 6: It's okay, you're gonna move on with life and that's okay, but.
Speaker 1: It's and that's awesome. Yeah, but it really will be friends forever right in the yearbook and like, yeah, I have a fun memory of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have I talked to them in eight years?
Speaker 5: No? And that's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not like eight hours away, like I drove seven and a half hours every month for four.
Speaker 5: Years because you're going to marry her.
Speaker 1: But I love you, guys. Are you gonna do stuff to me? Okay? Then no, that's that's it. Yeah, that's fair, all right, exactly. Okay, So that's that. We do have sports stuff to talk about. Let's take a break. We will come back. Coach Lukelax, a new Florida state head coach, will be on with us and more here, thank you guys. Let's talk about pick six, Draffickings pick six the app he you know how to say about that, right? Hey? You can do that someplaces?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, no, matter where you're at.
Speaker 1: We gotta be careful what we said at Let me say this, there's a lot of places you can do DraftKings pick six, just a lot of places.
Speaker 5: I found that out when I was in Texas. Well, what do you know, I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, look here's the thing we love DraftKings pick six. First of all, it's fun. I'll tell you why it's fun. But there's a lot of places that you can play, whether you can't.
Speaker 5: Where you normally couldn't when for normal.
Speaker 1: DraftKings sports books. Yes, the best part about pick six. Hey, so I'm sorry Texas, California, a whole bunch more. Sometimes you may not be confident in the spread rarely am I And you don't like the over under. So what pick six is? It's all about stats like specific players, rebounds, points, sets players points. That's fun too, like root for players get the rebounds. Oh you stole the rebound from them? Yeah, it's super fun. It's easy to play. Download the new Draft Kings Pick six app use the code Bobby Sports. You can play it in a lot of places. To say that, in a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler help was available for problem gambling called eight to eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven seven are visit CCPG dot orgon Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void were prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non wood drawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days limited time offers. See terms at Pick six DoD DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: And now let's get over to Florida State men's head basketball coach Luke Locks. What's cool is he played ball there. He was team captain, got into coaching. He then was a Warriors assistant, won two NBA championships with the Warriors, spent a few years with the Kings. Pretty cool to go back home. He was hired in March ninth to replace legendary head coach Leonard Hamilton, who we met, spent time with was awesome. And here he is, coach, Luke Locks coach. I gotta tell you, I have become a secondary FSU basketball fan of Eric and Chuck that worked there, and they could not be They could not be happier that you are the coach. I've talked to both of them. I don't talk to anybody on the phone. I don't talk on the phone at all. I've talked to both of them and they're like, you are gonna love Luke, and so let me just say that, first of all, congratulations because I know it's I'm going home. I go like, congratulations on getting the job. Give me your emotions right now, Coach.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 9: I'm that you mentioned Eric and Chuck, two people I've kept in touch with since my playing days.
Speaker 3: I'm through the roof now.
Speaker 9: We got a lot of work to do and there's a lot going on, so I can't I can't take too long to enjoy the moment.
Speaker 3: We got to hit the ground running. But I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Chuck, I believe said that when he was working as maybe it's just an sid that you're playing then for him while he was there and got to know you as a player.
Speaker 3: Is that true, that's true? Yep, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's just so cool to be able to wear your logo again, like again, after you've done your thing. You play ball at the highest level, played overseas, but you get to where your logo. How quickly did this come together?
Speaker 3: It was quite a long process.
Speaker 9: I knew there was a chance just with Coach Hamilton's age and Coach Hamilton's a mentor of mine, so we kept in close communication throughout the years, both when I was playing professionally overseas and in the minor leagues of the NBA, and as my coaching career got started, he was He's one of my mentors. He's a close friend of mine, so he helped me in a lot of different ways as my career began to take off in the NBA and through that, you know, naturally he's hit a point in his career where eventually you got to you got to move on to other things. And he had such a good run and so successful on and off the court, so I knew, you know, just timing wise, there could be a chance.
Speaker 3: But it's never real until it's real.
Speaker 9: So over the past you know, six months to a year, it became it began to be a little more real. And then once the actual interview process took place, you know, I felt like I got a good shot at it, and I was fortunate enough to get the job.
Speaker 3: And and here we are.
Speaker 1: Did Coach Hamilton ever just sing to you? Because he's singing to us. He put us in a room, he just let his I mean, he gave us to go to three minutes. He ever do that when you're playing with him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I told him one of the first things he needs to do in retirements get singing lessons because he enjoyed singing and I don't know how many people around him enjoy the singing. But he's such a kind heart. His gospel music, he's always playing music. He's got a great spirit about him. But yeah, he's gotta he's got to work on the work on the chords a little bit.
Speaker 1: Does that help you? And do you think that helps the organization? That and I hate to use the word blessing, but that there was a positive relationship and you played for coach Hamilton and now you're succeeding coach Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 9: Coach Hamilton I talk almost every day since getting the job, and he's been a huge supporter both just with my mental stability.
Speaker 3: I told this story the other day.
Speaker 9: He called me a few days ago and he always checks in, Hey, how's the recruiting going. Do you need any help, do you need any relationships I can help you with? How's your staff coming along? And so I thought it was one of those calls and he said, Hey, can you send me your wife's phone number? I think I have it the same one. And I'm like, yeah, why do you need Stevie's phone number? And he's like, because I want my wife to call her and just mentor her a little bit. And I'm worried about her and the kids and the transit. So that's that's the type of guy he is, right, He's he's as selfless as they come.
Speaker 3: He always cares about other people.
Speaker 9: And it's been a huge blessing, like you said, not only just just to be okay with my hire, but also to support me in a lot of different ways as a young head coach.
Speaker 1: Portal just opened up. That's that's. I live in a town called mounta Pine archis on They released the water from the dam like once a year fully and it was like, whoosh, I gotta imagine that's what day one, Day two of the Portal's like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of preparation and legwork leading up to the portal. Right, you're having conversations with agents, with coaches, with former coaches because you can't contact the kids until they're officially in the portal, which opened yesterday at midnight. So there's a lot of preparation leading up to it. But then once this thing, like you said, it's like a damn that you can't turn it off.
Speaker 3: Right. I told this story to one of our coaches.
Speaker 9: I woke up this morning in my right elbows on fire, right just like, and I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't fare what happened.
Speaker 9: And then the first call I got, I went to put the phone to my ear and I realized I'd been on the phone for about fourteen hours a day before, and so I had to go find my EarPods because my elbows it feels it feels like a steak knife center right now.
Speaker 1: So I have what they would call tennis elbow. For playing pickleball, you have portal elbow. We need to start naming that. For coaches, you have portal elbow at this point, So correct how many hours of the day? And I appreciate you talking with the story because I know right now it's a very intense time for everyone because of that. How many hours of the day now are you talking with a player, an agent, a parent about what next season is going to look like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's constant, and our staff are assistant coaches have done a great job lining things up, but they're constantly They'll walk in the room. I'll be on one call as soon as I finished that. Hey, we got this guy in the line. This is who it is. This is why you need to talk to him. We watched their film yesterday. You approved of the player, you think you can fit of what we're trying to build in our vision. You need to talk to him for ten minutes. And then that's just a constant back and forth. And in between, you know, you're back in your town where you played in So there's a lot of relationships, a lot of close relationships with people I care about that want to stop by the office, and so you don't want to be disrespectful. But at the same time, you've got to build a team, you know, or you're going to be kicking yourself for the next ten months that we missed out in this guy, missed out on this guy. So it's I'm going a thousand miles an hour right now. I keep using the I'm just swimming in the deep end, you know. And but I'm super grateful for the staff, my assistant coaches. They're doing a phenomenal job and without them, I couldn't get any of this done.
Speaker 1: I want to ask a culture versus a short term success question, and I'm hoping I'm asking in this in a way that comes off as somewhat intelligent. Year one, with you being the head coach of Florida State, obviously you have a culture to build, but obviously college basketball has changed where it's kind of like European basketball whe everybodys on a one year contract for lack of a better term. You have a culture you want to build, but you also need really good players. Where is your line right now of you need a certain type of player, but you also need a player that's really good that may not exactly be the culture you're looking for.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm a big believer and culture drives success, right the process of the way you do things brings the results. And any coach considering to talk about culture, and any coach considering to talk about I.
Speaker 3: Want to win this many games.
Speaker 9: But that is a daily commitment to a certain standard, a certain set of values you have starting with me and my staff and everyone in this building, and as we build this team, those are the type of players we need to bring in that we think can uphold those standards in the locker room. So Bobby, of course, there has to be a level of talent to win games. But talent can only get you so far. You know, it can only win you so many games. If the locker room is disconnected, if there's not a commitment to a championship culture, those championship results will never happen. So I'm a big believer in surrounding myself on my staff with the right people who are about the right things, and then through that, through our evaluation, through our lens gathering intel, you can tell really quickly if a kid has that and fits that or he doesn't. So those are the type of kids we're going after. Obviously there's a baseline level of talent that you have to have. But if there's a kid that's a little more talented but doesn't quite fit with what we're doing, or a kid that's a little less talented but he's a really really good character, hard working, high IQ kid, we're probably be going to go after the ladder.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be candid with you here, and I well appreciate any response you give to this. But I know in the booster world, especially when it comes to in io and collectives, and et cetera that we're all having to learn and deal with. I am a I would say, semi significant booster at the University of Arkansas. I'm not John Tyson. I don't have six million dollars to pay a coach. But there are times where, let me say this in a way, I feel like I say it that I there is money that I give to my school, right, and so it's hey, can you help here?
Speaker 3: Can we help?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 1: Are you having to create new relationships for that new part of college basketball now, specifically when it comes to making sure these players get in.
Speaker 3: I owe money first, Bobby, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I could sense a little bit of hesitation in your voice. But if Arkansas is not treating you right, you can always come over to Florida State.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you basketball, I treating me a good football, streaming me good basketball and treat me like crap. But I hear you, Thank you, Gus.
Speaker 9: If there's any level not satisfact just coming on the course, State, You're welcome anytime.
Speaker 3: But no, it's it's been. It's been. Uh, it's been good.
Speaker 9: That there's a lot of built in relationships from my playing days with donors, with boosters, with faculty, with administration. Michael Alford Our ad has been incredible. Peter Collins, the head of our board, has been incredible connecting me with the people I need to talk to, and a lot of these people at some level I already have relationships with, so it's easy for me. It's not a transactional conversation with a lot of these people because I know them and they know me and they know what I'm about. So it's it's I never want to be that guy on the corner asking for money. You know, hey, hey, we can't do this without you, because they're aware of it. You know, with without donors, without boosters, without the fans having equity in what we're building, we don't have a team. And so everyone's aware of it. Everyone's been super supportive. We're trying to do this the right way, but we're also trying to give back. Right there's this perception in collegiate athletics right now that it's just we need more, we need more, we need more, And it's like, okay, well, what can we give you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: How can we build this relationship so it makes sense for you, so you feel like you have equity in what we're building.
Speaker 1: And you're playing time at Florida State and then you're coaching, or even you're playing time overseas and you're playing in professional basketball. Offensively, what are you doing at Florida State that you have taking from taken from all those different elements or are you still running basically the same thing that you ran as the point guard at Florida State back in the day.
Speaker 9: No, it's going to be much different. And that's no disrespect to coach Hamilton or his staff. I've just been trained as a coach in the in the NBA ranks, and it's a different style. We're heavy on the analytics game and using data to drive what we're doing and support what we're doing. At the NBA level, obviously you have much more resources, right There's there's literal scientists on your staff that we just don't have in college. But there is a baseline level of belief in terms of efficiency, in terms of what my basketball philosophy and way I want to teach it. So the way I tell recruits and their parents and their agents, it's going to be a mesh of an NBA style, but in the college game. So it's going to be a little bit faster and a little bit more pace, a little bit more space, less posting up, more three pointers, more offensive rebounds, and those things generally lead to more efficient way to play. And then within our evaluation, what type of kid can support that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: We want to help these kids get to professional sports, right, and I know what it takes to get there, and I know it takes a stick because that's my foundation of coaching. So how can I put these kids in the best position possible So when scouts come watch us play, they can see it, right, they can see, oh, this kid could actually work in our system.
Speaker 3: That is usually not the case in college.
Speaker 9: Usually we get these kids in the NBA and the draft profs and in the first week of training camp and they have no idea how to play.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: It's like you're rewiring the player and now you can't play a total NBA system in college.
Speaker 3: There's a few nuances that you got to tweak.
Speaker 9: But for the most part, and like in the SEC, you guys playing, Alabama's doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Natos has done a great job. He's brought in an NBA staff.
Speaker 9: He plays a modern style of basketball with his pace and the way they play and the way they move the ball and the way they cut. And there's other schools that are trying to do it with their hires, but not many colleges have not only the ability to do it, but just a basic understanding of Okay, this is where these kids are going. Maybe we should help with our system to get them there.
Speaker 1: You mentioned natos and natos. I think about just looking at the shot chart and it's all underneath the goal or it's all three pointers, right, and so not a lot of mid range When I think of Alabama great athletes, not a lot of mid range. And if I'm going to be extremely technical and ask the question that I want to know from you, as there's a lot more handing off and the ball holder also screening, but it brings an extra defensive player to the player holding the ball. What are your thought because it seems like that's more than ever you have. You have guys handing the ball off as a pass, but again you're bringing an extra defensive player to the player holding the ball. You do it? Your thoughts on that philosophy? Where do you fall on that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, some of it's personnel driven, some of it depends on you know who's on your team and what style. I've seen more heavy pick and roll teams be really successful. In Sacramento with the Kings, we had a guy named Demonta Sabonis, and obviously we surrounded him Darren Fox from Leak Monk, all these guys that could shoot, pass, and dribble, which is what I'm going to try to do here. But Sibonis was very good with the ball as a center, so we I think several years in a row we led with dribble handoffs and handoff actions, and we were very low in our pick and roll actions just because the ball naturally found Sibonis so often.
Speaker 3: That is something to an extent I'll bring to Florida State.
Speaker 9: Most coaches spend a lot of time in their defensive preparation on guardian pick and rolls because it happens so often. It's a little bit trickier guardian dribble handoffs because usually you know, if you think about a big or even a guard guard guard handoff, if you mess up that coverage, the guy dribbling the ball can just keep it in go, and that's not the case in the pick and roll, so the guy with the ball is live you know, and it's just a little more complicated to guard that what I do believe, and some again, some college are doing a lot of NBA teams are doing it the.
Speaker 3: Ball and body movement.
Speaker 9: So there has to be a constant movement, a constant flow of cutting towards the rim in an aggressive manner to collapse the defense to put a threat on the rim, and then respacing out the backside.
Speaker 3: So think about defensive structure.
Speaker 9: I know I'm getting a little technical and nerdy here. You got to protect the paint, which means helps got to come, which means at one point you have two guys on you, and then as as the guy with the ball, you just got to make the right play over and over again.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the right play is for you to score.
Speaker 9: Most of the time it has helped comes the right plays to find the open guy and create another advantage on the backside.
Speaker 1: I've got like five more minutes with you. I have a play suggestion. I was like, maybe you tried out early on. I just don't know why it doesn't happen and I've only ever had happen to me during pickout because I suck. But it works. It's called the three point airball alley oop. Now follow me here, coach, imagine this, because I'm the one shooting, I'm the one shooting three pointer. That's the airball. But if everything looks like a three point shot with one of your best shooters, one of your higher percentage shooters, he purposefully is shooting an air ball to where your other the back cut knows it's an airball, jumps up times it. Everyone else takes this three pointer. He there's an alley oop.
Speaker 5: They're just sitting there. Why don't people run?
Speaker 6: The three ball?
Speaker 1: Air ball alley oop is the greatest play ever.
Speaker 9: Bobby, I'm gonna have to think about that a little more. Yeah, exactly could that could be a potential for a first play? You know what I was when I was coaching in Golden State. You know we had all these shooters Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and the list goes on. But we used to talk about this reminds me. We used to talk about the Flying V right, the Flying Ducks from the Mighty Ducks, and we said, what if you just put four guys in front of Steph right and a flying V and you just worked your way down the court and a flying V until Steph got close enough to the three point line where he could shoot it.
Speaker 3: How would you guard it right?
Speaker 9: And so this, Bobby, you could be I still got a spot on my coaching staff open.
Speaker 3: You could be an assistant coach for me.
Speaker 1: You can't afford me. I'll be honest with you at this point. You can't afford me. But but I'm just saying, if you have one of your one of your shooters, everything looks the same and he purposefully is shooting an air ball to the point where one of your big guys knows it's an airball coming. Time's it right, because that's all a rebound is, is timing it right and dunks it when you use it. Coach, I just want you to text me and be like I used your play. Was it could be in like, no, not even acc game. It could be like you're playing the high school. Yeah, Tallahassee High. You let me know because I think that's the pointy, Okay, come on. Two final questions for you, coach. The first time you put on that logo again, was that a moment for you? Was it like a like a ceremonial thing, Like I'm the coach. Now, let me put this on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was a lot of emotions over the past few weeks. My wife was an athlete here too, she was a swimmer. So everywhere we've gone, both as a player and as a coach, we brought Floria State with us. You know, our kids. My son last night facetimed me in his Florida State pajamas, which he's.
Speaker 3: Had far before I got the job.
Speaker 9: So really, the most emotional moment probably with this whole process wasn't the press conference, wasn't addressing the team. It was when we got off the plane in Tallahassee and Michael Alford, had our athletic director, was with us and our family, my wife, my three children. We got the plane and at the at the private airport, I don't know how many people, probably seventy five to one hundred people. The band was there, the cheerleaders were there, you know, all fans, some boosters that I know, and it was it was emotional. I don't I don't cry much, but I was very close and my wife's just you know, full emotion.
Speaker 3: My kids are looking around like where are we right now?
Speaker 9: You know, like we're trying to explain on what Tallhassie was and they're walking into this like, you know, incredible moment with the band plane And that was when it really hit me.
Speaker 3: Is is pretty awesome.
Speaker 9: You know, I get to come back home and and and put this logo back on it. It means a little more than a normal coaching job, you know, you just have a little more invested in the situation. So yeah, it's been It's been great so far, man, Bobby. I'm super excited to be back.
Speaker 1: One comment, final question. There's a gas station New York campus. I'm obsessed with it because you put all the stuff on, like the desk on the end, and it just wrings it up automatically. You've been do you know that gas station? It's right there by campus. Then I get a candy bar up a little water there and it goes He's like as a seven eleven whatever was like fort dollars twenty nine cents. Nobody even said a word to me, and I was like, what the crap just happened in Tallahad So a big shout out at the gas station near campus. You're gonna see a coach. You've been gone long time, You're about to be reintegrated and then.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you trust me that in the three point play is the two things you're going to remember me before the final thing is we did an ideal here. We're talking about if we take one skill from any person and we just had it automatically and didn't have to be sports. But I picked Steph Curry's ability to shoot. Can you just tell me what he was like to be around and watch him do what he does?
Speaker 9: Yes, Steph, there's a reason they won all those championships and a lot of people talk about his skill, which we can discuss here in a second, but truthfully, as a person, as a human, he is one of the best people, the superstar and not one of the best people that I've ever been around. You know, he knows and he shouldn't. He knows my kids' names. He's been over to my house to like have card game, you know what I mean? Like that, He's just he's a good dude.
Speaker 3: He asked. He asked about Stevie.
Speaker 9: Every time I see him, he genuinely cares about people. And that's what makes him so special as a leader of that organization is he invests in his teammates he invests in the staff, he invests in in the ownership and the community. And when you have someone as talented as Steph, to me, maybe the most skilled player in the history of basketball in terms of his shooting.
Speaker 3: Ability, his ability to score, his ability to dribble, pass, all of it.
Speaker 9: And then you add that to his character and the way he represents himself in the organization on a day to day basis. Like I said, there's a reason they've been as successful. And there's a lot of people around him, the Draymonds, aclays, Steve Kerr of course what he's built, but Steph is the engine that makes the car go, and he is truly It was incredible for me as a young coach to not only coach him, but to learn from him.
Speaker 1: Shooting. He just shoot all day? Is that what he does? He just shoots all day.
Speaker 9: You know, he's pretty structured in his workouts. He's got a great routine. He doesn't he shoots a lot. Now, he shoots a lot, but he makes so much. It's kind of a thing. Once he gets in a rhythm and he feels really good, he'll just he'll cut it. But sometimes that takes a little bit longer. To get to Usually it's you know, fifteen twenty thirty minutes. They play so many games at that level. When you're playing three four games at night, you can't spend hours and hours and hours shooting like he did when he was younger, just with how many miles he's had on his body. But his routine, he might be no. No, he definitely is the most consistent, hardest worker I've ever been around.
Speaker 3: But he also works smart.
Speaker 9: You know, he's not just going to be in the gym for four hours wasting his time. It's a game like preparation and focus and intensity to his workouts that's truly impressive.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like me in this interview, I'm in rhythm. I'm quitting because I'm like feeling it. I'm like, why keep on right now? I got it all day. This is awesome. Hey, congrats, it's super coold. Love to see people go home and do their thing. We're rooting for you. I'm rooting for said anyway. I've got a lot of great relationships over there. We want to come when you got to start next season. We definitely want to come and check out a game and mostly just get free gear, but still we want to be there, so coach, congratulations. It's a hectic time right now, but we're looking forward to next season and I hope you have a great rest of the week.
Speaker 3: Bobby, thanks for having me on. You're welcome anytime, all right.
Speaker 5: See it? Coach?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to win real money this March Mania tournament? Are you struggling to choose which team will pull an upset? Forget about the teams. All you need to focus on are the player stats to rack up the big cash prizes with Draft Kings Pick six and when it comes to massive payouts, Draft Kings dunks all over the competition. Pick six is available in most states, including states like Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia, and more. Track your picks for a shot to win huge cash prizes. It is as simple as that. Turn your basketball tournament knowledge into cash. Today, new players get fifty dollars and Pick six credits instantly with just a five dollars entry download the Draft Kings Pick six app now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars, get fifty dollars and Pick six credits, better payouts, bigger wins, only with Pick six from DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler helps available for problem gambling called eight to eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot organ Connecticut lust be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario.
Speaker 3: Void.
Speaker 2: We're prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non wood drawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days. Limited time offers. See terms at Pick six dop DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: We spend a lot of time talking about read already, let's do a little bit more. We're doing this part of the show from Los Angeles. I filled in for rich Eisen this morning and the Tuesday morning, So depending on when you hear this, but as soon as we land in Los Angeles, and it is a long flight, and I mean it's just about the longest flight you take from where we are, we land and we're staying at an airport hotel. I mean it is right next to the airport.
Speaker 5: But you can't hear airplanes, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. I expect you're right all night. But I've never stayed as close to an airport in a hotel unless I was being forced to lay over in a city and they gave me a free voucher, Like, this is the closest I've ever stayed to an airport. And so we get here and we type in hyat because that's where we're staying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like eight hyatts. We didn't know.
Speaker 1: So we go to the wrong one and we're already tired long flight, and we have all oli our bags. We're ubering and we're like, we're here to check in. They're like, oh, you're at the wrong one, and we're like great, and then Red goes, I lost my phone in the uber.
Speaker 6: It's about to happen, man, I fell, it slipped right out of my buck and he goes, and I had all my phone catching pants too. Do I only buy pants with zippers if they're not jeans, but like any kind of like joggers, they have to have zippers, like pocket zippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So not only am I having to find a different hotel that we're in, now I got to track down and reads Uber drivers.
Speaker 5: And all this on your phone, one phone for all of this. We have all of our bags, and I would have helped you, but you had the Uber app, like you had to do it.
Speaker 1: I had to find the new place and find his phone. I didn't have a phone.
Speaker 6: I couldn't help you know.
Speaker 1: That's the point. And not only that, what made it even more difficult is our driver was Chinese and her English very limited.
Speaker 5: So you actually talked to her on the phone, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, And she was just trying to because I pushed the button that said lost an item, please call us, and then she calls me. And a lot of times when you're an uber, you don't have to talk to the person much. You can or you don't have to. I would think, when the language isn't the same, even if I'm in another country, you just don't talk much because you'll have.
Speaker 5: To and no need. You're good, you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well now we had to. And we weren't even looking at each other. And she was trying to read her number back so we could save her number to text her. She couldn't understand me, I could understand her. We're yelling at each other, thinking that the yelling helps.
Speaker 5: I heard you at one point say and these weren't the numbers, but you're like okay, you're like, any write this down seven four nine six, and you're like, you only gave me four numbers, what's the rest.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to drag down Read's phone. We end up having to leave Reid's phone and say leave it at the front desk, and we hope that happens. And then we're like, Read's going to give you a big tip.
Speaker 6: Oh god.
Speaker 1: And so he did get his phone back, miraculous.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 6: It felt good to not have a phone for a little bit, to be honest. I was also kind of expecting to have like some sort of like text when I got back, and I just I guess nobody wants to talk.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the worst when you lose your phone for a long time.
Speaker 5: But it was a long time.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like, man, I'm gonna have to get any real respond to a lot of these messages and you have nothing.
Speaker 6: I know, like, okay, well that's anti climbactic.
Speaker 1: We did get it. I went to bed at about six pm because it's eight pm our time. My wife called me though it was like tornadoes. Yeah, and so I'm on the phone with her. We're both watching different news feeds and YouTube videos, and she's got the dogs and I'm here kind of feeling guilty, and so finally fall back asleep again. But we wake up to go over to Eisen show this morning and read's like I had a crying baby all night.
Speaker 3: I guess, screaming baby.
Speaker 5: You're having a bad trip, mat you, Hey, if you'd.
Speaker 6: Be quiet my here right now.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't think most people stay in this hotel more than one night.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't think so mine by the airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My theory is you only stay here if you're staying here at night, unless you're us. My room still hasn't been cleaned, and it's like four pm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're still working though I saw them in the hallways.
Speaker 1: But my point is if people aren't in it for multiple nights, it doesn't matter, so they probably don't rush to clean it earlier. Because the people aren't staying two nights in the rooms that do get cleaned earlier, those people in first through, So why would they be in a rush to clean the rooms if it's not a capacity.
Speaker 11: But screaming baby absolutely horrific. That's their door right there.
Speaker 6: I know you can't. I mean, if you're listening, you don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't even the one next to the bed. It's across the room.
Speaker 6: It's like we share a room.
Speaker 1: Did you bang?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't. I kind of felt bad because, I mean, that baby was screaming for like three hours straight and then it stopped for like an hour, and then I woke up at four and it was screaming again. And you could you could hear like Blippy or some sort of like kids TV show just blaring in their room that they're trying to get the kid to be quiet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that doesn't work.
Speaker 6: They also didn't speak English, so they were like yelling words at the baby in a foreign language.
Speaker 1: Because you could have helped maybe if you knew what they were saying or what maybe what is it? What's the context of that one.
Speaker 6: I was also kind of worried that, you know, they were gonna harm the baby or something. You know.
Speaker 5: How so it must have been loud for you to be on the other side of the room in your bed and you you're able to like pick up all this.
Speaker 6: I honestly I thought it was in the hallway, and I thought like people were making a commotion, like about to fight outside. It was so loud and it was so frantic.
Speaker 1: It sucks for the parents though, right, because they don't want the baby to grow sex with the baby.
Speaker 5: Of course, secks for Reid. Well, it's funny you say, like, did you knock on the door, Like what are you gonna do? Like, there's really nothing you can do in this scenario.
Speaker 1: Put in air pods. I did.
Speaker 6: I put in air pods for about an hour and then got freaked out because I was so isolated. I thought I was.
Speaker 11: Gonna miss my alarm, so I took them out.
Speaker 1: Huh, like with my AirPods. I sleep with air pods in sometimes.
Speaker 6: And you can still hear your alarm.
Speaker 1: They always say us fall out?
Speaker 5: Does the alarm? Does the alarm go off? In the air pods?
Speaker 1: Great question, because I put well, I put one in. I sleep with one in sometimes. My wife has no problem with me playing a podcast under my pillow out loud doesn't bother with the phone out no pods, Yeah, it doesn't bother her because I used to be let's watch TV until I fall asleep and leave it on all night.
Speaker 5: So it's a wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big win compared to that, so she doesn't really mind it at all. But sometimes if she's already a slop, I don't want to come in and like turn it eye because I think it'll wake her up as opposed to her falling asleep with it on. And so I'll sleep with one AirPod in on my left side because I sleep on my right side for the most part until I go to my back. But it always falls out the middle of the night, so then my alarm will go off. But to be fair, my alarm never wakes me up maybe once a month, because I wake up two hours before my alarm, like nervous that I'm going to oversleep every single day in my life.
Speaker 6: See, Eddie was saying too that like because of the time zone here, he wouldn't even worried about his alarm In California.
Speaker 5: I wake up like at you know, regard no alarm. I'll wake up eyes open six am.
Speaker 1: That's a good point because we're two hours back and it's such a quick trip. Yeah, so it's not been the easiest trip for Reid. He did say though, that he saw the Kobe Bryant statue today we went. Yeah, it was cool, really cool.
Speaker 5: It's really cool. Man, Like that's pretty new, right, Like I don't know when they threw that one up a couple of years ago.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely newer than the rest.
Speaker 5: So it's pretty cool. And then there's a Shack one that's really cool too.
Speaker 1: He's dunking like he double arm, double hand.
Speaker 5: Double hand, he's got wings, he's got to sticking out. And that one's like further back closer to like just the it's over like the entrance just.
Speaker 11: Was connected to the building.
Speaker 5: H's connected to the building, which is really cool. That one's cool. And the Jerry West Magic Johnson, which is funny to see Reid out there because he's just like, who's that? That's cream? Abdul Jabbar read.
Speaker 6: I didn't you could. Some of those people you can't really tell.
Speaker 1: You know, you could tell because of the statue, but you're not a big sports guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: And then he goes to the hockey player, who's that?
Speaker 1: I knew it was Retzki.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a little lesson while we were out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was like your little your little child taking out there.
Speaker 5: And Jerry Jerry West though he knew he's like a logo man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that was the statue of him doing the logo pose kind of. I mean, it's not really a pose, but.
Speaker 5: That kind of I don't know if it is the exact same one, but it's it's just his you know, his iconic move of he's like just going for charging for a layup or something like whatever that logo thing is.
Speaker 1: If I did look to see the Dodgers do play tonight the Lakers. The Lakers play tonight too, man, I don't know if I can do it. It's so late.
Speaker 5: It Oh what time do they play? I'm here, that's like seven.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, but by the time you get back, it's ten or eleven, which is like one o'clock our time. And then I got to get back. Now, you and you guys do whatever.
Speaker 5: I told as I looked up tickets and like, back up against the wall, the very last row in the arena, it's like one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's been paying for ubers or food when I'm not around. So I said, both of you guys, one hundred bucks. You did it, Yeah, to your venmos so you can always go. Thank you man, if you want to get no, we use that. I'm just saying you could use that, because I don't know who's been paying.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are playing to night too, you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that apparently is a nightmare to get out of. Jeez, la Is. It's hard for me because I get car sick and I hate traffic. I'm not from here. I don't like it, so anytime that it's a difficult car situation, I don't like it. So I choose tonight go Sunday ight. I wouldn't mind it. I think we could have gone to a game Sunday night. Yeah, but if you guys want to go go, I'll just go to dinner with our buddy myself.
Speaker 5: Honestly, this whole trip has been like read what do you want to do? Because reed like Red say he's only been to la once, you know, like we've been here a lot, and like like, I want to go to Venice.
Speaker 1: Beach, so we Yeah, you guys went to a muscle beach, right.
Speaker 5: That's yool, dude.
Speaker 11: It's like it's like a movie set out there, people rollerblading.
Speaker 5: This whole town is a movie set.
Speaker 1: You and in this town. There are lots of movie sets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very true. What's funny is Reid, I guess since he was a little boy, he said he's wanted to go to Venice Beach to see the skate park. Like there's because at Venice Beach it's got the beach, of course, but then you have the muscle part where it's like just a big open workout area and then there are roller skaters. There are skateboarders in there. There's like just a bowl, like big swimming pool like bowls everywhere, so skaters are doing tricks, and Read's like, I've always wanted to come here, And he spent about thirty minutes trying to find someone to ask if he can borrow their boards so that he can drop in.
Speaker 6: I didn't do it, though I would have dropped in, no doubt, I would have dropped in.
Speaker 5: He was on a mission.
Speaker 1: Why did you go buy a board, a cheap board.
Speaker 6: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: I told you that I could have.
Speaker 1: That'd have been a place that it'd be worth it to do it, and you could have taken it back easily tomorrow, returned the board, No, taking the board back?
Speaker 6: Return it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Yeah, that's about that because it's not like you have to check it or anything. Yeah, crap, sorry, buddy man.
Speaker 6: I mean that's that skate park is like iconic. If you like grew up skating, you knew that skate park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I didn't grow up skating. Yeah, the whole place is pretty iconic. Like you walk out there and you're like, oh, I've seen this in a movie.
Speaker 1: Oh that area. Yeah, and you said they filmed White Man can't jump out there too.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The they have like the basketball court area, there's probably I don't know ten hoops and we looked it up. That's exactly where they filmed it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we are going to leave this part. We're going to put this part in the episode. And that's all. I got nothing else. I'm lam sure all we came on? Why do we come on? Because we're in La No. I feel like we had a purpose. Yeah, I think the purpose was what.
Speaker 3: I don't know, talk more about Reid.
Speaker 6: Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Well maybe it was. Yeah, we had the podcast coming up.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, maybe that's what it was.
Speaker 1: And then also say read lost his phone in La yep. And then also that read.
Speaker 11: Hey shout out LJ.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 11: That's the guy I met at the skate park dreads.
Speaker 6: He was a low He thought I was.
Speaker 5: A local, Like have you done this in California?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean he was asking where I was from stuff like that, and he was like, you ever go to this once?
Speaker 5: Pottle of here.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh no, man, this is my first time out here. And he was like, oh you ever tried that California weed? And he hands me his blunt. I was like, I'm good man, I appreciate it, though.
Speaker 1: Wow right there, dude.
Speaker 5: I just let them have their moment.
Speaker 1: Man, I feel like we should do at least one sports thing while we're here. Since the sports fair enough. Should they ban the toush push? They're talking about it now in league meetings, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Your argument you made is pretty valid as far as just like entertainment value and making it dramatic, and that doesn't make it dramatic.
Speaker 1: And I think there should be limited toush bushes. I know, I don't think they should eliminate it. The people that are upset about other people that can't do it, but I think you only get X amount a game.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I say, just let it let it play the way it is.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like that only Philadelphia is the one that can do it.
Speaker 1: They are having league meetings now and that was one of the topics that they're discussing. I don't think it'll be eliminated this year. I think that it probably will eventually be eliminated or they won't because they don't want the Eagles to feel attacked. They probably will not say no more tush pushes. They'll probably say no more and they'll do it roll league wide. No more grabbing another player and pulling them or pushing them forward, because I could also be like grabbing somebody that's behind you and pulling them into the end zone, right like. I think they'll just reevaluate that definition.
Speaker 5: And if they do do the verb, do they do the words like that? I think that would be good, that'd be okay. But that is but that is being in the touch put.
Speaker 1: It is kind of boring to watch touch push that one.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yes, I also yes, I also don't think you should be penalized though if you think of something within the.
Speaker 5: Rules, it was genius.
Speaker 1: They had the right pert. They still have the right personnel to do it. You can't do that without a quarterback like Jalen Hurts, who's super correct, and other people have tried. I mean the Bills kind of tried with Josh Allen playoffs Patrick Mahomes. They don't do it at all because you got her to do quarterback sneakes. So okay, there's our one sports thing in this segment. What would you like to say?
Speaker 11: I was just want to say, how many touch pushes do you think should.
Speaker 6: Be allowed in a game?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 6: Just one per team?
Speaker 1: Right, I would say this is one and a half. I would allow one a half.
Speaker 5: One and a half or.
Speaker 1: I think there could be part of the rule to where if you're inside the three yard line you could get too in a half if it's within the same series. But I think just for fourth downs on like the thirty eight yard line and then a fourth down again on the Yeah, which is what that just gets to be boring? Yeah, I think, yeah, that would be how I would probably make sense. I think everything should be illegal, dude, I think illegal, no legal, everything like pds, all of it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I'm like, in one player gets spikes on their shoulder pads, it turns into what's the mel gives a movie from back in the day, mad mad mad gosh, those pads no, like you know how I'm madden.
Speaker 6: Like, at least when I used to play, you could like take your whole team and push them to the left with just like one dude running behind.
Speaker 11: Like I think that should.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think you should do that.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand how woul happen in real life.
Speaker 11: Though, really, I mean I just say, everybody go left.
Speaker 1: And then you follow, like, oh, like the student body like that used to be the play, Like student body left.
Speaker 5: Was everybody everyone, You just run behind everyone.
Speaker 1: It was like old college football. Oh really, yeah, that's wishbone kind of what happens.
Speaker 5: You're right if you can execute it, hey man, within.
Speaker 1: The rules, Within the rules. I did want to follow up on a story. I said that I was going to tell an accent story because I was talking about being in Germany, and I referenced it's fine line and another country even here on a microphone here in.
Speaker 5: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta be care. I don't want to get canceled basically, okay, and I don't think I'm going to, but what will happens? I'll use Germany as an example, everybody speaks English basically when you travel through Europe. Okay, And it's not like I missed a world traveler. In the last few years. I've been doing stuff like this. This is kind of crazy. And my wife gets a bit irritated at me when one of these other countries when they speak English and I speak English, but yet I still try to meet them in the middle.
Speaker 5: You try to speak They're broken.
Speaker 1: English kind of so obviously they have an accent, but they do speak English, and sometimes not the best. Sometimes these verbs are in weird places. And can you do a German accent at all?
Speaker 5: Oh, like a German speaking English?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, just you go with that though, go with that and ask me, ask me, And this is okay. I swear to you. This is what I do when I'm in places, and I'm not doing it to be funny. I'm doing it because I tell my wife a medium in the middle, because if they speak in this accent and they're speaking English, they this is how they know it and.
Speaker 5: Hear it their English.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is going to be we're doing improv. Uh, you're working at a hotel, I'm a German, you're a German at a hotel. I'm rolling in with bags? Oh okay, and I'll go first. Hey, we're here to check in.
Speaker 5: What do you want to say?
Speaker 1: I didn't matter. You're working the desk.
Speaker 5: Is this all these bags you have?
Speaker 1: Yes? These bags that I have here are the bags and you can leave them here or we can takes him with us.
Speaker 5: Have you already checked in?
Speaker 1: No? Have not checked in? Dunk?
Speaker 5: This is bad. This is what you were doing. This is bad?
Speaker 1: Is it because I'm just I was like, no, that's that's the point of it is best. The point of it is, Eddie. If I were speaking Spanish but I don't have the accent and I know Spanish, I was like, I was like, oh uh, and you talked back to me and like an American accent in Spanish. It would help me know that because that's how I talk in it.
Speaker 5: But but why are you struggling with words that you know? You're like, how do I say? Like you speak English?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 1: That's kind of why I pissed my wife off. That okay, okay, but I don't do it.
Speaker 5: How do you say?
Speaker 1: But I did say, like I think it's it's it's a dunk DUNKA yeah, I did say that, but part of it, I'm like to back, you can go to the room, dunka uh good dog. But I do all my English in their acts.
Speaker 5: Interesting. I mean, that's kind that's kind of you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm trying, like I'm leaning in to make it easier for them, because they've leaned in to make it easier for me. I don't feel like i'm doing now. I will say this, and I don't like this, and this does not make me a good or bad person. And I don't do it on purpose. But I also do it at Chinese restaurants in America.
Speaker 5: I know here that's different.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to, but it's just natural that if someone comes up, I'm not gonna do the Chinese one will get me canceled in South. But let's just say I'll do Mouse. But imagine if Mickey Mouse were actually someone of the Chinese restaurants, speaking in a Chinese accent but doing but speaking in English. Okay, They were.
Speaker 10: Like, hello, would you like some sweet and sour soup? And if you would, thank you for coming to the restaurant, And would you also like with your food, would you like some uh beef broccoli in the N I answer back, yes, I would like, but I'm only doing it because I feel like they know because obviously they don't have a full grasp of the accent, so I'm trying to meet them at their accent.
Speaker 5: You don't think they understand you if you spoke regular English.
Speaker 1: Though, I think, And here's the reason my answer is no. When I lived in Texas my friend group and Eddie can speak to this, I was the minority.
Speaker 5: Oh, we were all Mexican.
Speaker 1: Everybody was Mexican or black, but me and all the Mexicans that were my friends or span X, but they even call themselves Mexicans.
Speaker 5: We're in Hispanics, but like we're I would say that.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, is fanic. I'd be like, why don't we canceled? They're like, well, what are we going to do? Cancel you with your friends? And they'd be like, we're just Mexicans. And so when you guys would speak Spanish fast with the Spanish accent from Mexico really struggled. If you spoke it a little slower and not as accented, I could understand it so much better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're saying that if you spoke English regular like this, like we're talking real fast.
Speaker 1: If I'm meaning like slang, I'm like chill, that's lit. Yeah, even I talk fast naturally as a human anyway, if I'm talking to them like this here but it's not like they come with bags up to the room, but you.
Speaker 5: Could say like to that point, you could say hi, I'm here to check in.
Speaker 1: But then I feel like you're talking to him like the child. Yes, and I felt like that too, like I'm talking down to them ye like, and I'm already appreciative they've learned English.
Speaker 12: And so do you think any of them were like, where's this dude from? Like I can't he's not American. Well, I think they thought I was a vampire in German. It's because my accent back sounded much much more Transylvanian than German.
Speaker 5: I mean, I want to suck you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my god.
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is I don't. I felt like I was doing the right thing. It annoyed my wife, which she would be like, please stop doing that. How would she talk to like a normal human? And then even at restaurants like don't do that, don't do it because I don't mean to do that. At Chinese restaurants. It's just my heart is so big it is, man, Thank you, that's all I wanted to say. All right, theme song out, Theme song out, We're done. Thank you you guys, have a great rest of the day.
Speaker 5: You too.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: If I'm a bad person, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be.
Speaker 5: No, you're kind.
Speaker 1: You did it for them, your heart's in it like you have the right mindset. I'm misunderstood. Yes, that's what it is. Thank you, and thanks again to coach, and we will see you guys later on this week. All right, Eddie blows whistle. All right, We're right everybody. Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bones Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at, producer Eddie, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro. But most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five Whistles