Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Doctor Sharon Martin holds a doctorate in physiology and worked as a research scientist and as a faculty member at the Embry University School of Medicine. Subsequently, she trained at and graduated from John Hopkins School of Medicine and finished a medical residency in internal medicine. During the last year of her internal medicine residency, doctor Martin served as the chief Resident. Doctor Martin continues to hold membership in the American College of Physicians, the national organization for internal medicine physicians. Her book is called Maximize Your Healing Power, Shamanic Healing Techniques to Overcome your Health Challenges. Sharon, welcome to the program. Looking forward to this.
Speaker 3: George, thank you. This is so exciting. I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 2: How did you get involved in the healing powers?
Speaker 3: Well? I think every one of your lists would agree that mainstream medicine is broken and does not always access the best well being of patients, And time after time after time, I would see how what I was doing wasn't enough, and I just said, Okay, I need to learn what the ancient medicine men and women knew, what all indigenous cultures, what their healers know, and try to expand my repertoire. And so I started learning other things and bring them into my mainstream practice.
Speaker 2: So you started melding in the mystical and the spiritual with what you do.
Speaker 3: Yes, Because first of all, it feels better as a healthcare giver, it feels better to talk about somebody's soul journey. It feels better to talk about their life and their vitality and seeing their energy field. And people gravitate to that. They love that, they love being heard and seen in some way other than a blood test.
Speaker 2: How did the Shamans, the medicine people of those indigenous tribes and groups, how did they know what they knew?
Speaker 3: I think from thousands of years of experiential I think what we're learning now, what mainstream medicine I hope will start to incorporate, is that we are connected in consciousness and we don't know the physics of that's how it happens. But when you had the ancient peoples, they dreamed, the Aborigines in Australia. They dreamed together and they access knowledge that was universal and those kinds of of data. Taking in that data and corporation is what they used to do. They were very in tune with nature, with the celestial bodies, and they were interdependent and in harmony. And I think they access the data that's still available to us if we can just get out of our technocratic world.
Speaker 2: Did they have a better handle on mystical things than we do today.
Speaker 3: I think they do. Although there are cultures in the world today, the Hindu Yogis and their mystics in many indigenous cultures. But I think we've been We've gone down the path of technology and science, which is beautiful in its own right, but it ended up shutting off the access to our emotional intelligence, our extrasensory perception, our feeling of interdependence with nature and the galaxy. So I'd love to have that kind of come back.
Speaker 2: Sharon. When you talk about maximize your healing power, what kind of healing power are we talking about.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the power of each patient, of each person to impact their health. And the Shamans knew the ones I studied with in any case in Peru they knew that we have an energy body, and that when you access that field of energy, that consciousness that we are part of, and you're able to change your thoughts and bring in new thoughts set intentions that you really do impact your physiology.
Speaker 2: Pretty dramatic. The subtitle of your book, Shamanic Healing tech Neiques to Overcome your health challenges? Is this magical?
Speaker 3: It might feel magical when you talk about it, but when people actually do it, it feels normal and right. If you take somebody on a meditative visualization or journey to sit and have a dialogue with their higher self or some you might say, why don't we sit and talk with your wise self? The information they get it feels right and is deeper than what they can get in their day to day literal human mind.
Speaker 2: Is there anything we can't do with our healing powers once we understand how to get there?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say no, that we are unlimited. Although we haven't come we haven't pulled together pieces yet to be able to teach about it. We don't understand consciousness fully, but I do think we're going to find that we are way more than we have believed we are.
Speaker 2: What is it about some people, Sharon, who just don't get sick, They just don't get sick, and other people come down with all kinds of melodies.
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing how there's some people that are incredible that way. I have some patients in their nineties and several who have gone to one hundred and three, one hundred and four, and they just keep chugging along. And I don't have one single answer for it. I do think, of course, if your family, if your ancestors were long lived, you're probably going to be better. You could be like the oaky now one's in that who are aged so beautifully they think it's some diet. I also think it's a way that we can stay connected to the energies of the Earth and the galaxy and maybe and this is sort of the frontier of mainstream medicine. It's not mainstream yet, so, but that ability to connect to the acashic field, the universal field, find the templates of our organ systems, of our cellular machinery before it got broken, and download those and reset our physiology. I think that's a possibility out there on the horizon.
Speaker 2: We're with doctor Sharon Martin. Her website is linked up at Coast tocoasdam dot com. Her book is called Maximize Your Healing Power. Does one who is going to be healed have to believe it, have to have faith in it?
Speaker 3: In my experience, yes, so I'll tell you. Do I have time to tell a short story? Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Okay, you're on for two hours, Sharon. You're not going anywhere?
Speaker 3: I can, Ah good, I get to occupy the time. My favorite and I read all of his books by the biographer Thomas Means, a Lutheran minister who came to know and follow Frank Fool's Crow, a Lakota Fiu Indian, powerful, powerful medicine man. I believe on the pine maybe Rosebud Reservation, but maybe the the other one. But anyway, he had his patience, so to speak. People would come to him and he had a tepee and they would come and they would spend four days with him. And when Thomas Means was interviewing Frank and said, you know, tell me, why does it take four days? And he said, what I get from God or spirit is instant, but it takes the client four days to sort of get it in line with that and right, And I think if I were to say that in our modern day language that we use, it takes four days. People's vibration has to shift enough, be open enough to resonate with that that which is coming in. And so I think, first of all, our beliefs do affect our biology courtesy of a good book by Bruce Lipton, but our beliefs do change our reality. So if you have somebody who is highly resistant, and I do have a few of those, I don't think things are going to change. I think they're stuck in that cage of their beliefs. And sometimes the hardest job is just to get somebody to step outside of the box, so to speak. And that once you can do that, once you can see the possibility of a different outcome, then you've opened yourself to flooding your energy field and then your physiology with and I'll use this symbolically with the templates of the new way you want your body to be.
Speaker 2: Are we tapping into spirit workers or helpers on the other side with saw this.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, so I love that. That's for me the biggest thing I learned in studying shamanism. And I'll share with you that I came from a dysfunctional family dynamic and had a lot of anxiety and fear and a lot of suspicions of strangers, very guarded. The biggest thing I've learned in shamanism was that there is a whole world out there in the unseen, and that there are energies. Sometimes we call them power animals, sometimes we call them angels. There are energies that we can align with. And when you do involve those and those of you who believe in people living on the other side, the afterlife, your ancestors. I happen to believe that your ancestors are at work helping you all the time. So yes, when you tap into those other beings at many levels, from your ancestors to your angels, you get access to resources beyond the physical plane, and then you really have power.
Speaker 2: How important is it to be a believer in God?
Speaker 3: With this, I don't think you have to be believe in God other than something bigger than ourselves. And if you want to believe in nature, in the forces of nature, in the power of the celestial bodies of the earth itself, go for it. A lot of the Native An indigenous didn't necessarily believe the God. We believe in that we if we're Judeo Christian. But they did believe in the spirits of every living thing around them, So for me, you have to believe in something bigger than ourselves. If that if you only want to take believing in your higher self perfect. If you don't think you have a soul, that's okay. There is a wise person, your higher self that you can access.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more