Speaker 1: What's up? Boys?
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Compton. The boy Taylor out for another intro. The boy number one through a hell of an Easter party over the weekend, then immediately flew to Canada. So the boys in Canada right now until he has a flight down to Colorado where we have our next live show, which, of course, you guys can get tickets. What what's the If you guys type in Busting Live Events on Google, you'll be able to go right there. But we perform in Denver, Colorado this Wednesday night at eight pm.
Speaker 1: Do you know the location? The venue name? The venue name Colorado? Oh wait, I have.
Speaker 2: View House Ballpark, view House Ballpark. We will be at view House Ballpark eight pm, Denver, Colorado, Wednesday night. I expect to see a lot of Husker fans there because I know we have a massive Husker chapter in Colorado. But before we get into everything, this episode is brought to you by the One, the only, the Chevy. So you know we are truck guys through and through. The Chevy Silverado has been a partner with unstoppable grit and determination since you were born. It's been our most valuable truck and MVT and now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise. We got the chance to see this thing and experience it in person. It was sick. I'm talking. We were speeding ourseff that you obviously had this open parking lot for us long to where we got to take that take off and this thing will like break for you.
Speaker 1: It's wild. It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's available four hundred miles range GM estimated on a full charge, over ten feet of length in the bed with the Multiflex tailgate combined with the Multiflex midgate a large seventeen inch diagonal display screen, it can tow up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixty. Here we go zero to sixty and under four point five seconds with wild mode. Wow mode four point five. That's what I ran that pro day back in the day, up to an impressive seven one hundred and eighty five foot pounds of torque. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the new ev electric vehicle with Silverado. I think that's I think that thing's gonna be sick, dude, the Silverado. I'm excited to see like these evs that come into the world anyway, like your big time players making their electric vehicles. Well, let's recap the weekend. Did you guys have a good Easter weekend?
Speaker 1: Solid? What'd you do?
Speaker 3: Jack just hung out, my my younger brother was in town. But nothing crazy, nothing crazy.
Speaker 2: Nah Rue had a blast. Bro Rue's listen. She's a socializer now. She likes to socialize. She has fun at the parties. I'll tell you what that. We fucked with her nap schedule yesterday and gave her a short one late morning and then a short one like mid later afternoon. And when she woke up from the one in her mid later afternoon like, she literally was just fucking pissed, crying the entire time until bed. And that's not an exaggeration. We didn't know how to. We were calming her down for a second, and then it just she was just pissed.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It was a learning experience. It was like, all right, let's not fuck around with the routine. Because we got a late invite to Baktiari his Easter party, which was a great time.
Speaker 1: The boy bought.
Speaker 2: Hey what a host like. They had the family over, They had a lot of different people in the weather. Now, that's low key shot. I know, if he shot out the fucking weather now coming around. We're in the seventies now. But all to day we had a good Easter weekend the Masters. How do you say? His last name? Ron John Ron John Rahm. Bro Hats off to him. What I love most was was the law of attraction post from Panda Express. Back in twenty and thirteen, he had a tweet that said, I'm gonna win the Masters one day. I'm paraphrasing I'm gonna win the Masters one day, and it was a photo of a fucking fortune cookie that said basically, one day your skills and significance will be shown or some shit like that. Dude, but for it to come full circle and him win the Masters and what you know, Unfortunately the boy kapka koepka. See I'm kind of you know, I'm getting verse. I saw him on that what is it called Full Swing, the little Netflix documentary with golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a really hot wife too. Yeah yeah, cute wife. Seems like a good personality.
Speaker 2: But it seemed like the boy kind of folded on that last round again new Golf, Who am I cheap? Tickets. I'm buying the cheap seats. I'm just washing it. I'm just tweeting. But John Rahm, the here's the fortune cookie. The fortune cookie said your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded from Panda Express at the Panda End. Dude, that's fire. And then he goes on the Wins and then he has that little speech where he talks about zach Ertz jinxing him for you know, first, what do he say?
Speaker 1: He four putted the first hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zach Ertz to texting him and was like, first whole looks wide open, like a walk in the park.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he ends up bogging it.
Speaker 2: What a vibe group chat to be into, like while you're in the Masters and kind of like, you know, let's not get let's not take ourselves too serious. Let's go out here and have fucking fun. But also we had new merch.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We sold like several hundred units of our golf merch that just dropped. And this this golf merch is without polos. We got a little wild hair the boy Garrett. Shout out Garrett for making this merch up. The dude is grinding to get something put together. Because it's just something about golf. I feel like we need a lean into or I would like to lean into and get out Jack. I know you and Garrett, you guys both golf, and it just seems like a good time. You do too much. We'll get the boys. We'll get the boys together, all get out there, scramble and I'll use one of your guys' best ball every time, because I like, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna want to use Garrett. Garrett is by far the best golfer. You and Garrett are gonna be together because Garrett is like, damn hear. That's that works for me, because that's how it used to do.
Speaker 2: When we were in Washington and we'd be in OTAs, we probably golf a couple times a week, and the vibes are always high, like Stogi's and Bogies. Boys like you throw a Stogy in, you get the vibes going with the tunes as long as the group you're with it on my music being played in the background and just some good old fashioned shit talking and you was it would always be nice and competitive because we're talking some linebackers. We'd have a linebacker group and nobody was good. We just we'd know how to talk shit. We were always competitive and it took us like three hours to do nine holes. I shit you not, but got away from them coming to Tennessee. I felt like there wasn't like circles and crews that did the whole golfing thing the way we did in Washington. So got away from it a little bit to where I'll just do it once or twice a year. And I know, again, like Jack and g Mitch just learning that about you too, are into it, and it's like I just got a wall hair this year, Like the weather's breaking a little bit, and it's like, yeah, I have a set of night or I think it's the Calaways, got some Calloways.
Speaker 1: I got me a little three hybrid. Is that what it's called those clubs and brands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got me a little three hybrid that I used to fucking grip and rip on. And I'm just like, it's hard to beat a day on the course with your boys.
Speaker 1: It like really is.
Speaker 2: Cold beer, flowing, camaraderie all time high, a little bit of shit talking in competition, and again you're also like out there it's always good to go with like a good golfer, and I'm not like, I know you guys are like, oh, we're not good because there's a wide range of what's good and bad in golf. It's like, I know Jack and Garrett are good, but what is that compared to guys you talk about scratch golfing and shit like that in Garrett, like actually a.
Speaker 1: Garrett, I bet what's your handicap right now?
Speaker 4: Gee?
Speaker 1: Like five four?
Speaker 3: I've watched Garrett shoot a sixty nine before, So that's saying That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Like, yeah, I'm trying to think. I've never truly kept score like I've always it's always been scrambled. Let's play a scramble. Let's give it a couple guys. Usually you're with the better one and then you might hit a few good balls that you're like, Okay, I'm starting to get the fucking hang of this thing.
Speaker 1: My best rounds in eighty eight.
Speaker 5: But that's exactly what you need for a scramble, just if you just get a couple of good shots in like you're doing your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's when you get a little like when you do I've done a couple of the charity ones too, where it's like, oh, you got a kind of golf.
Speaker 1: On your own.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, I don't wanna. I don't want to do that because I'm gonna lose balls. Like listen, let's not you can knock me down a peg, but let's not step on my throat. And I'm just golfing by myself. But the Busting Golf Club is just lifted off. We have polos coming. But you can go on our Barstool Merch store right now and check out our golf collection. We got some bus busting golf club for the boys, fre some fun stuff, tease hoodies, hats, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Also, if there is a golf club in Nashville that wants to host the boys, not hesitating to do.
Speaker 2: Not hesitate to reach out. We are looking for a good time. I'm talking, it'd be nice to go. You know, I don't know what often looks like, but you know, once once a week, once every other week is what I'm sitting here thinking.
Speaker 1: In my head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but we need to start making content on the golf course and kind of lean into the culture because I think the culture like it's getting in my opinion, like there's a younger generation coming through now, I feel like it's adapting a little bit more. And also the respect you got to shout out, the respect that the old heads have established over time. But yeah, any club out there, I know people talk about the Richland Country Club.
Speaker 1: What are other ones out there? I mean there, there's a bunch.
Speaker 3: Richland obviously is a private course, so you get to be a member there or have to know someone there.
Speaker 2: But you can't just go and buy around at one of these.
Speaker 3: Private no, no, no, no, But like I don't even know if I want to say, like the courses just so like no free shoutouts. Yeah, but we can believe it if we want to. Hermitage Golf Club is where we play a lot.
Speaker 1: It's that's one where you can buy around. Yeah, you can just buy it. That to me is the best public course in Middle Tennessee. So that's good.
Speaker 3: The Bridge out in Franklin, we played a lot, harp It Hills you can play, which isn't unnecessarily the best, but it's it's solid.
Speaker 2: No more free shoutouts. Let's stop it there, let's cut it there.
Speaker 1: We got there.
Speaker 2: There's a few out there that the boys need to be represented that are putting on good courses, but also like no free shout.
Speaker 1: Outs summer day. Is it a golf course Summer Fridays? You ever heard of that? But it sounds like.
Speaker 5: Some companies do, like have a thing called summer Fridays where like they get off at like two, like their their day ends early, it's a summer Friday, and then they're just done for the weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't like that vibe, Donny. It's a good time. I like it's I can't wait to get into it. Think it'd be fun too to do like a little weekend sam volleyball league.
Speaker 1: I'm so about that. We go pickle ball. I'm a place where you used to live the yeah yeah, down by Ava Avo Avo. I think it's called the Sambar where they got cocos ice cream. Dude, that's a that's a good little vibe. Yeah, I tried to do that. I mean, I've been seeing a green light pod they have.
Speaker 3: They're like a softball league, and I feel like we need to start embracing like that camaraderie.
Speaker 1: Whether it's oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It'd be fun if we could get like a crew and we can get a few other like cats around here. I'm sure like Donnie would be like trying to play and like some other as our Nashville locals.
Speaker 1: So maybe maybe we need to get into Uh.
Speaker 2: There's some sports out there we can get into that we can start diving, we.
Speaker 1: Do they Yeah, we need.
Speaker 2: I think we need to build a team, but we need to build a team where we're trying.
Speaker 3: To go national, you know what I'm saying, Like we're trying to fucking because yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Other news in Nashville, Big Jeff Simmons re signing. Let's get some class boys. I think that's a that's a massive, uh you know, fucking corner piece for the Titans getting uh the big ugly Jeff. No, no disrespect to your looks, Jeff, the big ugly as in your defensive lineman. But agreed to a four year extension ninety four million dollars the boy. I think it was like sixty six guaranteed at signing. But massive moves for the Titans to keep Jeff home and to keep Jeff around basically the culture and being the leader that he is too in that locker room.
Speaker 1: But big shots of Jeff.
Speaker 2: Another big signing over the weekend, wash OBJ to the Ravens guys saw that. Oh yeah, boy, OBJ put a gun to the Ravens sense and I need eighteen million. Dude took a year off, year off after Turner's acl in the Super Bowl. Yeah, his availability has been up and down, mostly down, and he literally took the Ravens for all that they're worth. I don't know if that was a tactic by the Ravens to keep Lamar negotiating or in like, at the end of the day, Lamar can sit there if he believes in his heart of hearts that he is doing everything he can to be healthy, that he's going to have a healthy year. You can bet on yourself and play on these one year tags. He might have to play on a couple of them. I'm pulling from that experience because that's what Kirk Cousins did. He played four years with Washington. He wanted a long term deal with the Washington Redskins at the time and in his mind because I'd remember when we talk with each other about it, because Kirk thought about holding out at times during training camp. But Kirk didn't want to do that because he knew that he was in the quarterback position. He wanted to still be a leader. He wanted to be around the guys. He knew that how that would look in the media and everything else if he tried to hold out in that capacity.
Speaker 1: So Kirk essentially would just bet on himself.
Speaker 2: By player he played on a franchise tag, it's one of the first players, maybe the first, but one of the first players to play on a franchise tag back to back years. Because the Redskins would offer him, Bruce, Allen and Dan they would offer him like a three year deal, say seventy five million, fifty guaranteed. And the way Kirk looked at it as yo, I'm gonna be making, I'm gonna be making was that twenty sixteen nine point nine fully guaranteed. I'm gonna be making twenty in year one, in twenty four, in year two. I'm essentially getting close to fifty million just in two years without having to sign an upside deal of that, you know, of what getting up to seventy five. So once you do that and you make it to the end, now I know it pissed him off to get tagged a second time, but you make it to the end and you get the free agency, you now hold the cards, you now hold the leverage to get that contract that you're wanting, because Kirk wanted to help try and establish changing the game a little bit to get these fully guaranteed deals in the quarterback position. Lamar can look at it the same way. And I know I kind of started talking about OBJ and brought it into Lamar. But if that's a tactic that they're trying to do to get Lamar, if you're Lamar, you can sit there and be like, you feel comfortable going into this year playing on a tag because you're gonna get the average of the top five.
Speaker 1: I believe that's still what it is.
Speaker 2: You get the franchise tag is ultimately the top five at your position.
Speaker 1: You get the average of that contract.
Speaker 2: Lamar is somebody who you look at and you would pay a long term deal to do get that guaranteed money. What hurts the cons with somebody like Lamar is he's also like kind of a skilled quarterback. He can run the ball. He tore his PCL or he damaged it enough to be out towards the end of the year. This year, you kind of have a little bit more risk there, but again, you're a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Or if you're in his shoes.
Speaker 2: You look at you know, betting on yourself if you're looking to get to that fully guaranteed deal, because that's the kind of song and dance you do. It's an organization now to get back on the OBJ thing, Like, holy shit, that'd be like some team paying me five million a year. I just need to hold that for a minute, just so when thenever the clip cut off, they'd be like paying me five million a year. Because you know, people are gonna fucking try and bodybag your boy, because you know, I played on minimum for several years. But yeah, hey good, you love to see it. We're we're all pro player on this podcast. You love to see the boy Odell get one for basically fifteen up to eighteen million dollars. I think he gets fifteen guaranteed. I think it's fucking insane, just because again, like the availability availability he's had, you're paying him like a number one wide receiver and I just don't know, you know, I'm rooting for him to be the Odell of Old that we know or that we knew. I'm not gonna say he's old and washed, but you hope to see that Odell come back but to have him establish that kind of money being out of the game for a full year and coming off an ACL and the injuries he's had, I mean, bravo fucking finding somebody who's paying you that money, but absolutely insane. It looks like he walked into a banks that throw the money in the bag.
Speaker 3: One of those players though, were outside of skill base. He brings like a huge up selling ticket value, like for the Ravens, Like people will want to come just c Odell because he's one of those premier athletes that have made like a statement name in this game. So like like he's only like one of a few people where like he can get that money taking a year off, having the injuries.
Speaker 1: Just because he is bringing that star power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just such a household name now in the league, even though he hasn't played a year. Like I would still like want to go co Odell play because it's Odell.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Yeah, I mean that's fair. You love to see just the numbers. I'm curious to what the market he had. He must have had a market if he's able to get that money, because if not, why would you come out of pocket.
Speaker 1: For so much money?
Speaker 2: You know, what I mean to acquire somebody like Odell. But I'm with you. He does bring that superstar power, that fame aspect because it's Odell Beckham. I mean this, he changed the game forever when he caught that one handed catch reach back like one to three, yes, bro, And like is the all the antics and everything else like Odell. I hope he has a breakout year, like he's a stud. I want to see that Odell Beckham of old come back and bounce back. But I just think if you're looking at this objectively, you're just thinking, holy fuck shit, how he pulled it out.
Speaker 1: He pulled this off.
Speaker 5: He immediately comes the best receiver on the team though, Like that's what they're where. The Ravens were struggling with having a like they had Mark Andrews the tight end, like Dad Rashod Bateman, who's a rookie. He hasn't he's been struggling with injuries, like they had a Marquise Brown, but they got rid of him a couple of years ago. They're like, he immediately becomes their best threat. So maybe that's why, Hey, I'm gonna be your best receiver on your team.
Speaker 2: Pay me like it, right, which is fair, but when you say pay me like it, and again just playing Devil's Advocate, which I love the the your points Jack and your points too much, but playing Devil's Advocate, it's like, yeah, pay me like it, but also, what have you done in the last couple of years, I mean, and it must have meant he had a market to get that money, because if not, you can, essentially, if you're the Ravens, pay something on the low end range of what a number one would be or number two I guess, and put a lot more incentives. I'm impressed how he got so much. He got fifteen basically of the eighteen. I think that's what's impressed at Verse, being a more potential based, you know, incentive type package to get the full eighteen.
Speaker 5: But he like when he was healthy on the rams, like he went, he got, he caught a touchdown, it seemed like every week when he was with them, right as fine as as soon as he got on the team. But like, I mean, that was a knee surgery ago and like people say, his knee was still messed up during that time. So he's if he's fully healthy, I mean, he's thirty, which is kind of middle age for a white he's real solid, like the athletic as hell, right.
Speaker 1: And the benefit too, he's thirty.
Speaker 2: Like I know, people once you hit thirty in the NFL, you're kind of on the you're kind of getting older longer in the tooth. But the benefit of Odell being thirty is you're still in prime years of just like peak athleticism. Like I want to say, you fully develop or you can be in your prime around like you know, it's like twenty seven to twenty eight years old.
Speaker 1: I think I'm kind of talking out a turn there.
Speaker 2: But the benefit of Odell is he hasn't had to put on the wear and tear the last two years I know of because two years yeah, because with the RAMS, he didn't have to go through a training camp, didn't have to go through the offseason. Everything has been to progress him health wise in the offseason. But he didn't have to put a training camp on his body. He didn't have to last year because he sat out the entire year. That is very beneficial when looking at it, because he could be in still incredible shape, like he could pop off this year again. I'm just impressed that he that his agent that they negotiated that contract the way they did, Like, kudos to him and shout out the boy. I just think it's nuts, Like, it's not not nuts. Again, if he had the market, then he had the market. But it's just interesting to see that he made that amount of money after take a year off coming off of an acl.
Speaker 1: What else do we have boys?
Speaker 2: Before we get into this coin toss, This episode is brought to you by sport Clips.
Speaker 1: No free shoutout to sport Clips.
Speaker 2: It can be stressful to describe the kind of haircut you want, and even if you feel like you got it across, it's hard to know if your stylist really understood you. Too often hair care results in a hair scare. Fortunately, the stylists of sport Clips take haircuts very seriously and speak the language of hair. You could say that they're fluid and phase literate in long locks and just all around clipper confidence. It doesn't matter if your hair is balding or billowing. Sport Clips stylists are black belts and cuttings men's hair. They've been specifically trained to do so. These pros are artists, and you are the canvas in each of your hair follicles. Is the happiest of trees. So sit back, relax. It's MVP haircut Experience time. That means seven pressure point massaging shampoo, a perfectly steamed hottael and the freedom to not have stress about a bad cut. Next time you need to cut, come to sport Clips and get a head turning haircut from the pros in men's hair.
Speaker 1: Did you want to talk by lsu at all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know your boy's rock and the uh the Fred sure right here. Your Fred's was a vibe, big shot out to frevs. Fred's a plus hosting and hospitality. The crawfish boil went up in my book. I was excited to change my mind about that. Learned how to eat crawfish a little bit better order. I guess no God reminded how to eat crawfish. It had been so long, but shout out Fred's. That was a good time. I was a good vibe. I stand I stand by what I said to the crowd too, Like Louis Anna is a different entity, like it's separated from everything else, like that thing is it's it's like its own ecosystem down there, blost I told the crowd. I was like, it's like a subway in a gas station, like you fuck with it, but you know it's not gonna pass inspection.
Speaker 1: Like that's the vibe of Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Very hospitable, good people, but you know people that that they got their certain way of going about business, which you fuck with because it's like, oh, this is how they breed, fucking these athletes down here and everything else. But you're just in the swamp, dude, you're meeting We didn't even meet swamp people like that, but we got we got to get a little look, you know what I mean. But uh hey, shout out though to LSU. That was a good time. As far as were they rank on the list, I think we've established them in my opinion. I know everybody else has their own, but they are. They not even close. There's not a three out there that's close. They are number two in my book. As far as facilities and everything else goes, I think they have the number one locker room I've ever seen in my life as facilities still in Nebraska one, but I do have LSU two. And as far as hospitality, and they're people in their front office and everything. I say front office, but there are people in their offices, They took care of the boys. They were good to you, guys that were good to us. They were very hospital they took us everywhere. Let us see whatever. Coach Kelly was awesome. Although I do think he lied about the whole family accent. I think he just needs to lean into him and be like, yeah, okay, I fucked up. I tried that, I fucked up. Uh, but Lsu was fucking awesome. We're going to Colorado this week, Colorado Buffalo. We're gonna try, not try, We're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get in. We're gonna get behind in enemy.
Speaker 2: Lines, start to start to ship talking a little early to get this Colorado Nebraska game back where back where you, back where it was back in the day. Hopefully we can chirp Dion a little bit. We don't know if we're gonna get to sit with him or not, but hopefully we get to chirp him. But we gotta get that, Uh, we gotta get that rivalry going again.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be, like I said, performing in Denver that night. So if you guys want to get your tickets, that's online, get them wherever.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It would be nice to be celebrating. It would be nice to hit a show for twenty in Colorado. You know the way they celebrate, it's a little bit different. Well, I don't know about you guys. I won't speak for you guys, but your boy, I've been banged up. You know I've been banged up before, you know what I mean. Like one time, after I brushed my teeth, I threw my hat back on and late in bed, my wife was asked, and do you think you're going somewhere? And you're just fucking out of all sorts. But all to say, I would love to be there for four twenty with Colorado.
Speaker 1: Shout out for twenty shout out, no free shout out.
Speaker 2: And then we get the draft and then we talk about this David Bakteri episode. This baktr episode, honestly this year one of my favorites we got to hit on. We have to talk about the NFLPA, a lot of the union stuff, a lot of things with David himself that he's gone through. This man's a fourth ROWND pick, earned himself a fat bag when he got to a second contract. This a five time All Pro, a three time pro bowler, has been injury ridden the last couple of years. He tours ACL a couple of years ago, and he's had It's been a roller coaster for the boys, so we obviously dive into the nuts and bolts there. Taylor and him tore their ACL on the same year, so they were able to It was fun to sit back and listen to them kind of talk through some things. But there's been headlines and articles that have been coming out. I know when I was searching and kind of doing research on Bock, you know, you see stuff that Green Bay media saying the Packers are hosting successor of David BOKTIORI like they're looking at left tackles, And I don't know how true that is, but the way the media is kind of going about the left tackle is like, hey, after this year, do you look to cut do you look to save money? Do you look to do this with bok Tari And we got into some big, good conversation about kind of that noise that goes on.
Speaker 1: You come from five years of.
Speaker 2: Being in all Pro and being a pro bowler to where you are the fucking man at Green Bay and everybody loves you.
Speaker 1: They want you to be here forever.
Speaker 2: So now you get to the back end, and you go through some injuries and you get you have some ups and downs, and you start to you know, get a little bit more hate and you kind of hear all the trips going on and now people are talking about your replacement and how does that make you feel? And he had a lot of good stuff to say, So I'm excited for you guys to listen to that episode. It's a banger and one of my favorites. Again, we talk a lot about some of the union things going on with the NFLPA, because as we know the boy Taylor, he fucking hates the NFLPA. We dive into a little bit more there, some nuts and boats with all that, but it's a good episode. Before we get to it, we will do our favorite segment of the read our shout out no free shout out bloss. Would you like to start this thing off? Guys and if you're new to the if you're new to the show, shout out no free shout out is simply you want to shout out whatever you want. A lot of the times, it's the simplicities in life that go unnoticed, that don't get talked about enough, that might go under the radar that we like to put a spotlight on or like bloss likes or do he shouts out people from the forty nine ers. You got a team you love, if you got a vibe you like, if you want to shout out somebody or something, you can do it. The shout out no free shot out segment is for whatever you want to shout out, give a little bit of praise to spotlight a little bit, Uh, Blossy, what do you have for shoutout no free shoutouts?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 6: A shout out this week goes to those people in your life or in your close circle who just puts you on all the time, whether it's putting you onto a new meal, putting you onto some new clothes, some new shoes, a new brand, or a skill in general. I've had the pleasure to have some people who are pretty skilled in the barbecue world, and they've just been coaching me and putting me on to some new styles and ways to cook. And I've been trying to trying them and implementing them into my own and uh yeah, it's been it's been a pretty uh a pretty fun ride. So my shout out no free shoutout goes to those people in your close circle who just put.
Speaker 2: You on love that that's a solid one, because that is true. Like whether it's a recipe you're talking barbecue, the grills are out, The grills are coming out, and I have to think about my shout out, but the grills are coming out right now. And anybody who puts you on a new little recipe that's you're vibing with you can't wait to take a photo back. Yo, I tried this and I fuck with it? Bro Jack, what do you got?
Speaker 3: My shout out? No free shout out goes to how do I put this in a word. It's really just like I guess, hanging with the boys, but it's more of like a traditional Friday night hanging with the boys. This past Friday night, me and a few of my friends hit up David Busters Oh, went and saw the Mario movie, and then we weren't really ready to call it a night, so we went and walked on the Operland Hotel. And if you've ever been an Opperland Hotel, or if you have, you need to go experience it because you can walk around for an hour. In the single they've got like three like atriums, like these massive fucking beautiful things, all these like wildlife and plants and like it's crazy rivers flowing through it. So we were just having a blast and it's just like giggling and like running around like feeling like you're like fifteen again, like just got dropped off by your mom at the movies and like you got like five hours to go and just like do whatever.
Speaker 1: So we were kind of like getting back to our roots.
Speaker 3: So shout out to like good quality time with the homies on a Friday night, you getting bed at a good hour, wake up fully resting, ready to go for Saturday.
Speaker 1: Love that Mitch, big head my fit? What that's the fit that you know what?
Speaker 5: Actually I'm gonna change my shout out two hats that fit because our Busting hats have not don't aren't for big headed people. And as an employee of Busting, I feel like we need to maybe expand our hat sizes a little bit because there's there's fellas out there. I'm not I'm not by myself. We've been at U like these live shows and everything. Some of these guys are like, hey, like I'm with you, Like I stand with you, my these hats.
Speaker 2: I stand with you as Mitch just sitting there like looking at him with the fucking little hat on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a rubber band just grabbing the skin. And he's like, bro, these hats do not fit me.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I've been telling people that these we need to get bigger hats, but like some of these.
Speaker 1: The I traded a dude for.
Speaker 5: A hat at LSU because the one I was wearing, uh what, it wasn't fitting as well as the one like he had, so I traded him.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout out you, Kyle. I think your name is Steve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but shout the hats that fit they're they're they're few and far in between. For me, it says the one size fits all. Now that's one size fits most. So shout yeah, shoutout has such.
Speaker 2: Have you ever looked into and this is for you to speak on, not not not us, but have you ever like looked up like googled. It's to help your head shrink?
Speaker 5: Not I don't think that it works like that, but I have ever No, you know, put your head is your snow stone left unturned, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like you could be a diet out there for them, big headed motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Dude, you can shrink your waist, why not your head.
Speaker 5: Because your waist as fat. Your head is your skull. There's no fat in this is all brain. I had looked up though, and I actually got it for Christmas this past Christmas. Like hat extenders, so like the you know how, like obviously the snap backs, you can get like an extra thing, a snap back to extend it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I have those full thirty recipes for your head ketogenic diet for your brain. Oh fuck, good times. My shot on no free shot is gonna go to The vibes are high right now, and it evolves the weather. I would just shout out the weather, but I feel like that's low hanging fruit. Something that we started being able to start doing is you're able to open up the doors. You got a couple of weeks here before it starts to get too hot. Not a couple weeks, like a longer than that. But this today, right before I came here, my wife had opened up the back doors just because the lights shining and it's like the same temperature outside as it is inside, and you're just sitting on the table or working outside. But opening up the doors that I enjoy the weather. The grills are coming out, the doors are opening up, the windows are opening up, and the vibes are getting higher. That seasonal depression you might have had, it's turning around because that that breeze. And it's a light breeze right now, which makes you feel good. It's not it's not hot yet. You feel the sun and you can still get a little bit of a burn, but it's not getting it's not moist yet in the air.
Speaker 1: The bugs aren't out.
Speaker 2: And right now is that for the next few days in Nashville all week I think it's gonna be in the seventies, Sun's gonna be out.
Speaker 1: But that's my shout out. I guess fucking temperature equilibrium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go, temperature equilibrium, the small things that involve the sunny weather, the spring weather.
Speaker 1: All right. I just texted Taylor. He's ready whenever you are.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's what we got going on this weekend. We get to do the Arizona State Spring Game. Not only do we get to do the Arizona State Spring game, we get to coach in the Arizona State Spring Game. Taylor's gonna coach one team. I'm gonna coach the other. We get to give pregame speeches to our teams. I think we get to call one series per like rules and everything else, but we get to call a series. We're gonna get the headset. We're gonna have our get back coach. We're gonna be ready to fucking go. We're gonna be in a head coaching form trying to beat each other. Now, there's a video that's came out at Arizona State. The players have been trying to select their guy. I feel like Team Compton's the underdog right now. Everybody wants the backyard the local boy, Taylorwan. He's an az boy. But everybody's gonna pushing for Taylor right now. And I feel like, whoever we get on the squad, we're gonna get those guys with the chips on on their shoulder, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: But what we're gonna be doing right now is we're gonna call Taylor. We're gonna get him on speaker, and we're gonna draft the back of the bus Jack JP, Garrett and Mitch to b R two. I guess assistant coaches Vrabel our stretch. We're gonna be drafting our stretch, So we're gonna get him on the phone. We're gonna flip our We're gonna flip a coin to see who gets first pick, and then we're gonna draft the guys on the back of the bus to be on the sideline with us to make content, to be our get back coach and everything else.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get Ap and Garrett in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Gary JP, they're about to come on. Uh, they're gonna get on the bus because we don't always have the back.
Speaker 1: The boys are back there working.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you guys are tuned in right now, we dropped our L s U Our L s U Spring tour interviews with Mason Taylor, the son of Jason Taylor and nephew of Zach Thomas. He's a fucking stud man. I think he's gonna be really good. I didn't open that up. You just push it in. Uh freshman tight end going into second year. He's a stud. He was awesome to sit down with. We also did coach Brian Kelly. So if you want some more content, the boys got it.
Speaker 1: Come on in. Ge gosh, are under the hoods are bus scenes?
Speaker 5: Gee?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, we interrupt this episode to bring you the world's most comfortable boot designed for the longest shift and toughest job. Georgia Boots shout out the boys, no free shoutouts. Georgia's messaging relies on delivering boots that are as comfortable as they are tough, boots that you can wear from work to the bar. Whether you're working on the front line, fixing that shelf in your closet, or grilling out back, these Georgia boots are the best boot for the job. Georgia boot is designed specifically with comfort and mind, featuring cushion insoles and supportive technology for all day comfort. They're engineered to provide protection from harsh outdoor conditions and environments, ensuring the safety and comfort of the wearer. Georgia Boots are also available in a range of thousand designs catered to preferences and needs of a diverse cut stummer base. Listen, you guys know I'm pro Georgia boot. I actually wanted to wear a Look I'm gonna start bringing or because.
Speaker 1: I've done it a couple times.
Speaker 2: But you get the button down shirt, the short shorts and just rock some boots, dude, and maybe like a buckethead or something, but Georgia Boot is the go to boot of the boys.
Speaker 1: For the boys.
Speaker 2: Use code busting b U S S I N for twenty percent off at georgiaboots dot com. Back to the episode, we have our lead umpire JP hovey Hove.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna do the coin toss? We need to get we need to get together on the phone. Are you gonna do it? Or do you want me to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can do it?
Speaker 7: Say that so much?
Speaker 1: This is big. I can't wait. You can't wait for the draft? Why is that you guys are picking? Yeah? The boy? Hey you are uh, you're tuned into the bus? JP, JP.
Speaker 2: What we have here, JP is gonna do a coin toss. It's gonna land on the middle table. You do you want to call it? You want me to call it?
Speaker 1: You go ahead and call it is. JP shows the camera that there's both and tails. Yeah, okay, So which one? Silver and blue? You want me on the middle camera? Silverside? Blue side? All right, there's a silver side and a blue side. Flip it and let it lane on the table.
Speaker 2: Flip and let it lane on the table. Tailor My hands are sweating right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I've never seen catching flip.
Speaker 8: I'm stressed out here here, but here's what I feel good about.
Speaker 1: Regardless, I feel like we'll both have great teams. So Who's Who's Silver? Are you? Blue? Taylor? Silver?
Speaker 9: Will is calling it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go I'm gonna catch it. I'll go with Blue. I'll go with Blue. You're gonna catch and flip? Yeah, flip?
Speaker 2: All right here, I should hold the mic because all right here he's about to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ready, it's up in the air. It's flipped on the hand, Blue, Blue. I won I want I get first pick. M I'm not there, huh, I know.
Speaker 2: But fortunately we have it on camera. You'll be able to tune in Busting YouTube channel. My first pick of the Arizona State Spring game, brought to you by Busting with the Boys, is going.
Speaker 1: To be JP Hovey. It's a lot, bro, it is a lock. Hey, I got your jersey, may at the one you're gonna hold up the one first rounder? Which team are we? I don't know? Do you guys know what our teams are?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Taylor and I have a phone call today with the with the guy at Arizona SE so we're gonna kind of get privy to everything. Yeah, all right, Taylor, you were on the clock. We should We'll give you. We'll give you thirty seconds. We'll give you thirty seconds starting.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: A lot of teams want to take the time to get the advertisement where I have all the people talk about their guys, their tea as I go into the draft.
Speaker 1: Oh may it easy.
Speaker 8: My first pick of the as U Spring Game is going to be mister Jack McPherson.
Speaker 2: Nice Jack, congratulations brother, thank you for the opportunity. Here's the question, and look, there's no wrong answer here. You guys can say it out loud. But are we doing snake or do I get to go again?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: Does Taylor get two and three? Since I got one?
Speaker 1: Oh? Which one? Snake? Snake? Why did you say something? If you're gonna be mad?
Speaker 2: Well, I had to bring it up because I had to figure out if Taylor is gonna start speaking up again. Taylor, you get the The boys think it's fair to only do snake drafts, so you get to pick the You get to go first this time.
Speaker 1: Simple, simple, all right.
Speaker 8: My second pick and final pick of the AC Spring Game draft, brought to you by bustling with the boys, is going to go to.
Speaker 1: Here at Hargast. Very stay boys. Hey, Mitch, Hey, we're happy to have you on the squad. It's an honor.
Speaker 2: You got a chip on your shoulder, Mitch. You gotta chip on your Yes, I know you are all right. That settles it.
Speaker 1: We're in good shape. Yeah, we're in sallid shape.
Speaker 2: Team Compton, it's Hovey and Carsley, Carsly right, and then for team Lawan McPherson and Harges.
Speaker 9: He's trying to get in there early, trying to get in the head early.
Speaker 1: Don't let him. Yeah, don't worry, don't even pay attention to it.
Speaker 2: Uh, Taylor, do you have anything you'd like to say? You have the floor.
Speaker 8: Uh, just I'm excited I got the team that I wanted. Both those guys are one and two on my draft board. And uh, being able to see Garrett Fall in that draft and Jack Fall and my draft really played it in my hand.
Speaker 1: Knowing that the two of them own they are individually.
Speaker 8: Outstanding competitors, but are also as a duo unstoppable.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, A lot like a Chevy Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: I'm with say, all right, brother, thank you I hope you're enjoying the vibes and views in Canada right now.
Speaker 1: We all love you and we miss you. I can't wait to see you instead a few coaches in Colorado, all right, see your brother.
Speaker 4: Hey, it is sad. Then we're gonna have to embarrass him in his home state.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Hey, you don't ever want to do that to somebody, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just really hope the ASU comes through with some elite coaching gear for us to be wearing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I need a I need a call sheet, and we're gonna go. We gotta go to Dick's Boys, right or academy, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or already have a lot. Just to put that out, all right, I'm excited. Man.
Speaker 1: He feels good.
Speaker 2: He feels like he got the team he wanted. I actually this is the team I wanted.
Speaker 1: Oh damn weed, that's where we shout it. Maybe call him back.
Speaker 3: I think we need to put a little bit of a wager on this something. We'll figure it out in the group chat, all right. It doesn't mean it could be something funny, you know.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's what it takes him thinking about, you know what I mean, Like, let's think about let's not make an emotional.
Speaker 1: We record the text conversation and put it out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can come up with something.
Speaker 3: Definitely, something needs to be on the board.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, without further ado, here's David Baktiari, Episode two fifteen. We talk about the injury stuff. I can't remember Aaron Rodgers. We cover a lot of stuff, but it's a good podcast. Subscribe to all that stuff. Leave comments if you're watching YouTube right now, but shout out the boys, big hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 9: He's probably got a piece of go get that.
Speaker 1: We're rolling. We're rolling. Yeah, you you've been a lot of You've been a lot wrong with him.
Speaker 9: It doesn't match the feed, doesn't match the hands.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 9: You're a short guy for the man who has nothing to hide, but he still wants to.
Speaker 1: He showers and shorts.
Speaker 10: No, he's the guy like, uh, you go pick a corner and of going to what was I think I told you has just the last time I was in there, like my first weekend play was like dude, go shower next to air and I'm like fuck it, Like I go pull it, go turn on the thing, immediately turns it off and like looked at me and I'm like, well, do you want to share the same shower head?
Speaker 1: And he's like, get away from him.
Speaker 9: Oh oh, he doesn't let anybody shower next to him. That No, we had no like he knew me maybe for like a week. That's what I'm saying, Like it wasn't the chemistry. Now we know each other.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting them golf card. Yeah that was that was completely different. But now show the same shower head. No, they don't.
Speaker 10: They have Unfortunately certain guys like that, Like I'm the type of dude that there's I look at.
Speaker 1: There's like three types of like shower people.
Speaker 10: The guy comes in with the towel and puts it over the shower head, showers meally takes it off.
Speaker 1: Yet no way of seeing.
Speaker 10: And then uh two is you have the guy that doesn't even go in with a towel.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 10: I go in and come out. I own what I got. Nothing like it. There's no Godzilla hanging out.
Speaker 1: That's just what I'm me.
Speaker 10: I'm proud that much as yours and working white guy that's gonna come in and check in and check out and he's gonna get a good good work, good good days working. And then the number three is the dude that just he takes a towel and puts it kind of over his blaye button.
Speaker 1: Yeah are you? Are you guys bully button? Depends on how fat I am. If it's this that's so weird, I don't get that. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 9: There's a couple other guys you're missing you even he brought it up with Aaron. The guy that showers in the corner and doesn't let you see anything the whole time. If he's rubbing his shoulder, he's got one over his parts. Those are the guys I trust the least in the locker room. If you're not gonna let me look at that thing, or not look at it eye to eye, but catch a pariff on it, Yeah, you've either got something fucked up with you or you're holding something in here.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: That's That's just how I look at it. The other guy, and this is a very rare breed of individual. The individual that comes in the towel long ways tucked in the armpits and drapes over the front and in the back. I've ever seen that. Kendall Lamb, he was what he takes the towel, tucks it here, tucks it here, and it drapes long way. But cheeks are out in the back. He must have them titties, Yeah, but when he sits down he kind of lets the titties hang out. But he was also a no piece show guy. I like Kende Lamb, but I'm also I saw that and that did throw me off big time.
Speaker 1: What kind of guy?
Speaker 2: I'm like a mix of what you said, Like I bring the talent just because the talle acxass, Like I just don't want to walk like I'm I don't wear the slides. I go in, I more so put the thing. I more so put the talent. And then I face you slides. No, I don't wear slides.
Speaker 1: I for that lose.
Speaker 9: You gotta dash or something else. We you got the Caucasians out here. Next time you're in the locker room and you're in the shower, Look all the black guys. They got the flops on. They're literally putting one leg.
Speaker 4: Explain.
Speaker 1: Can I explain?
Speaker 9: Can I explain why I'm not as much a slide guy because I'll wear the slides everywhere, so when I shower in them and they get wet, I gotta, like, I gotta do extra and dry them off after I get done. Multiple in my locker, I got multiple. I have literally shower slides specifically for shower. That's what I'm saying right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, I guess you know what if I'm buying extra slides, yep, I got money, then no, I I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't stand the uh. I'm just let you know.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I do it. That's why I would do it. Like sometimes I'll go slides in.
Speaker 9: But if I'm feeling like extra lazy, which is why I do the towel thing, I.
Speaker 10: Get it, trust me, Like I get the If you have a one pair of slides, yeah, I'm definitely thinking it over. And that's why throughout my ears, I'm like, I'm getting multiple slides, one specifically for showering because I can't the thought of like have I shower without sandals on or slides mean on? Yes, But here's the other question. Have you ever gotten to the bathroom without slides on?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Guys me, maybe rarely. I can't think of anything, but I can't say I never have. You know, I'm definitely try, Like, trust I won't do the same thing. It's truly the wet slide thing. Like I'll get in.
Speaker 2: Once I drop at the locker, I'll throw my towel on the slides and the stomp on and move it around. But then when I gotta sit down and then I gotta go up and the slide, then I'm like, ah, let me just because it doesn't matter, like I'm gonna wash my feet and stuff, you know what I mean. But I also faced the boys, like in Washington, my nickname was Shrimp. Oh, there goes shrimp there.
Speaker 1: Actually it was it was dumbbar Duney And he would be like, there go scrill. What do they call you shrimp? Come on? Oh okay, I mean to take Yeah, it is, but that.
Speaker 9: I always give a little, a little movement, pull on a little bit before I walked in.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 9: You do the first couple of weeks of OTAs, and you guys are normalize that because everyone doesn't one wants to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you bringing.
Speaker 9: That a little bit because you don't want hard because you're in spandex and so I know.
Speaker 1: You want to do a little an extra trick.
Speaker 9: This is this is game now, So listen up fucking as you're pulling on your little piece, push up on the balls. Get those guys like this a little bit like, oh shit, are we in trouble? And then you fucking and that thing. I'm just saying, it's a while. The showering in the locker room is a unique thing. You learn a lot about a lot of people there. But there is massive differences between black guys.
Speaker 1: And white Okay. I was literally like, you know, before.
Speaker 9: We even go to that category, I want to say my piece on the on the showering on barefoot.
Speaker 1: I'm a barefoot bawler.
Speaker 9: I if I don't have to wear shoes or socks, I will not wear shoes and socks.
Speaker 1: Do I go in there?
Speaker 10: Because what you're saying and socks like like all day? Or are you saying if I could be barefoot all day? Well, he'll be like a barefoot guy. All I want get a barefoot guy around. I don't want to get fucking athletes foot. But you're a big barefoot guy around work. Oh like, I'll wear sandals. I'll take my shoes off anytime I can in meetings, like I'm not just gonna coop my feet up with socks and shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm like that, what's the difference of going in the shower where there's spe and everything else, But you're doing it around.
Speaker 10: The literally you're showering off dirt and disgusting grime. And I know all the other teammates, I don't trust any of them. And they're walking with their feet and have you seen the bums some of your friends, your teammates feet, Yeah, crusty.
Speaker 9: That's why I'm like, Nope, I'm not. I'm not dealing with that, But that is for you to have. I'm gonna keep it with you.
Speaker 1: I feel you.
Speaker 2: Everybody's get thrown. That's probably and the whole You and Aaron like, not you and Aaron. But it sounds like the packers got a bit of a shower deal in the locker room, where you guys don't.
Speaker 1: That's probably why you guys haven't won. Yeah, yes, yes, I hope that was the reason. Yeah, I love the shower more together more. I got no problem with that. That'd be a good camaraderie deal. Here'd be a nice deal.
Speaker 10: The last thing before I know you. You may want to.
Speaker 1: Move off the subject, but I'll stay as long as you want. Good okay, all right, what is the how do I say this? You're safe?
Speaker 2: This is no I'm know I do feel very safe, but like I'm trying to make sure I don't sound like an idiot. The Oh, that's what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: We call it meat gazing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're here's the thing gazers there. Like you said, the peripheral. I respect that, that's natural, fully cool with that. Then there's the meat gazers. Like when I'm literally talking to you and I met guys that are asking me like about the end of the day, and then they keep talking, they go right back up. I'm like, so that was not tasteful. That was actually very violated. I feel about violating, and now I feel violated therefore, like I want to end this conversation quickly, especially because I told you I'm I'm not a towel guy. I go in a shower, I come out. If you're gonna check it from the priff that that's your choice. Don't let me catch you looking out.
Speaker 9: Like when we're having a big conversation, I see you just drop down, keep going and then come back up and be like, so, yeah, what do you think on that one?
Speaker 10: On one right, there was that all of you to do. I'm like, easy, I'm not going to drop names because I feel bad, Vince.
Speaker 1: Bagele, but it makes you feel it makes you feel vulnerable. Man. Oh yeah, No, there's a couple of guys. I mean, like we have.
Speaker 10: I just I don't think it like I would be lying if I said I never saw another teammates meat.
Speaker 1: But on the same end, you mean you'd be lying, Yeah, you'd be lying to me. Everybody's checked them. I agree.
Speaker 10: I'm just saying it annoys me when there's like, ah, I never I don't check them, like, okay, bullshit the peripheral I agree with that.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted.
Speaker 10: I want to leave it open, like for talking, like, I want to leave this as a as a we can talk about.
Speaker 1: But the meat gazing I actually do have a problem with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can get on board with that. I think it's meaning if they read you're saying, if they look at it and I'm talking to you and I blatantly look down at have come right back out. It's like if I'm walking by catching eyes and I see in the periff and the BOMBM like you should be good enough to like that.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, unless you get unless you got a monster. If you had a monster, it's a different deal. You can't hell then you get. You know, you're making the other person uncomfortable. Because when we were when I was on Tennessee my first time around, we just a walk through on it was a Saturday practice. We were doing a walk through before we traveled, and I would walk up and down the sideline basically and poll guys like if they admitted to meat peaking in the shower, and it.
Speaker 2: Was probably a good seventy thirty. There were a couple guys, Oh, no, compe that's gay. Like I'm like, all right, bro, Like I know, like we all know we've caught each other in our periffs. But I would go up and down the sideline and ask guys like, hey, be honest. It would be me and dB Darren Bates, and we'd just be like, hey, be honest with us, Like we're trying to pull everybody. We feel like it'll be more fifty to fifty, but we want to give guys the chance to admit it if they have, Like have you meet peak before, like caught periffs, gays in the shower, anything, But the majority of guys did say yes.
Speaker 9: They felt comfortable enough, like we're comfortable with you enough to say yeah. Maybe if you're in the middle of a conversation with somebody and you look down, then back up right, Okay, that's not all right. But someone's across the room you catch a peak on accident, that's all right. You're just appreciating God's gifts. You're just appreciating my The thing I always struggle with that I literally have to call myself out on is if I'm like drying off, I'm down here, I go to.
Speaker 1: Look up, I just catch eye to eye with it.
Speaker 9: That's when I gotta say, hey, brother, like you got to turn around when I'm doing this, so because I just looked right at your piece, and I gotta like cattle on myself.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, because that's always or.
Speaker 2: It's just like yeah, and they're working with something and he's like, bro, come on man, like you know, like please cover it.
Speaker 9: I've said this before, Like there's a guy at Michigan his name was ap I believe, big head Mitch, and but this dude, when his locker was near mine and that piece was like the size of that whistle, pig, whiskey bottle. That thing stroked down into the right It was the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my life. It was that bottle you're picking up right now, you know what I'm saying. It was something else, bro, So I told him I had to let him know, Hey, good for you. He had a girlfriend that literally would brag about I'm the only girl to ever take all of it now. I literally pulled it to the side at a party one time. I was like, you gotta stop telling people that. Yeah, like, it's not that's not something to be proud of. You gotta see you gotta lie say. I could barely take the tip. That's what you gotta do. But anyway, yeah, I guess so ten minutes in boys.
Speaker 1: Good pot. That's a big dick conversation right there. Ten minutes straight penis conversation. Have you gotten tired of being asked about Aaron Rodgers? I mean, it depends on who it is. No, it hasn't. Hasn't really hasn't.
Speaker 10: I mean it's been like that like my whole career, like everyone the last four or five years. If any one thing, it's it's another type thing with him, So, uh, kudos to him. He's definitely like a he's being talked about very mysterious. I think he kind of likes that. But I mean, honestly, he's been kind of chill as of late. He's a jet now sits to the desk problem.
Speaker 1: So is he officially a jet? No, but I mean he's gonna.
Speaker 9: Be like, allegedly, what are they else is gonna have? Well, it's weird because if you're the Packers, what are you gonna ask for Aaron? He's he's older, he's on the background of his career. He could literally every like plus three years have been like is he retiring?
Speaker 1: What's he doing? What?
Speaker 9: What's the deal? And so he can literally go play for the Jest for one year and then retire. Is that worth a first round pick? It doesn't like, but what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I almost feel like Aaron has the leverage because if the Packers don't deal him, he could.
Speaker 1: Just he's got He's got it, he's got it all.
Speaker 2: He can just not show up. He can literally hold you hostage. He's got the leverage. And I feel like that's how that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 10: Or option three, Yeah, tell US host three Again, I'm not being a homer. They're just thinking about the situations. Just hear it out is the Packers are rebuilding, whether you think so or not.
Speaker 1: They don't like they could they be good? I don't know, could they be bad?
Speaker 10: Probably if you're betting or people are gonna think they're gonna be bad, then good, right, not fair to say so. Then they'll be like, well, we're gonna suck anyways. We won't, we want and we're not gonna bend anyone. So we'll just eat it. You can stay, sell and retire, will pay you. We don't care because we're gonna if we're gonna do it our way, it's gonna be on our terms. If not, what do we We're we're gonna be super Bowl contenders anyway, So we'll eat it. You can hang on the side. We'll pay your money and then we'll suck anyways. Get the picks as compared to dealing him, but just something that you shouldn't have you look at. You could potentially look like an idiot to not only president on the board, but everyone else around league.
Speaker 1: They get him.
Speaker 10: The GM's perspective, put yourself on the hot seat and then potentially you know, have your job come call to question. So I look at all these like ways you can you can deal it. I don't think you'd get that contentious. I do think they'll probably come in an agreement. He'll get traded, They'll get what they want, and then I will probably say whether it was who won, who won what. But I'm saying there, I do think that could be a third option if things got so right. I know we want this and that's it because we know we're gonna get him, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, well somewhere else. Well, because what were you thinking?
Speaker 9: I think they're they just say known Aaron still plays for the Packers next year, which I think is not happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I can't see. I think that I think that has officially probably been his rest.
Speaker 10: I think they gave the keys to Jordan said that I was going to say, something you want to do is like I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, you say, suck. It's like they want to move forward with Jordan Loves. Somebody the draft in the first round probably feel good about. It's like, you never know either way. They want to move forward with Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: So it's the history with the Packers.
Speaker 9: I mean when Aaron came in far that whole thing was essentially the same situation.
Speaker 1: It's crazy the entering of Aaron.
Speaker 10: The entering of Aaron ended the Packers organization very like it eerie, similar to how Jordan is and same with the exit of himself. Very ears similar to Brett. It's like kind of weird how time is? Yeah, tim a circle history repeats there exactly so again, like I said, I don't know, could could the package are really good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I certainly would love that and hope so. But also I'd be ignorant to say that is this look like a rebuild?
Speaker 2: Probably the Packers probably won't eat it, though they'll probably take whatever the best deal they can actually, but.
Speaker 10: If they feel like they're getting like out of it, like I think there's a principal aspect to it, if you feel like you're gonna get fucked over so much where you're like, you know, what, screw it? Were we gonna go to the super Bowl And everyone was saying we probably weren't anyway, So fuck it.
Speaker 1: We'll hold on to him, eat it.
Speaker 10: Our cap will make the cap, which I think they're in position to take on his full salary because obviously they wouldn't want to like show their hand and then just be like, okay, fine, man, we know we're not going to use you. We appreciate everything you're doing, like fuck you to the other teams aren't giving us what we want. We're not gonna just give you whatever you want, Aaron, Because so I can see it all going in different ways, cause I see Aaron's leverage.
Speaker 1: I see the Jets leverage. I see the Packers left.
Speaker 10: Like it's fun to talk about it is, But I mean I think the thrown Yeah, I think the most simple thing is going to be they'll get whatever picks that they really wanted, obviously, right, they'll come down, it'll come before the draft, they'll get it, they'll use it, and then time's gonna show us.
Speaker 2: Because even that leverage, as you're talking about with the Packers, like just that ability to be like, hey we can, we can, we cannot do anything, and we're we're prepared to do that if you can walk away, like that's the strongest kind of leverage the half so at least you'll still get much.
Speaker 9: Did you see an organization doing that? I don't so like, but that but that tactic will will get you some more.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, like it's a time come like there's so many people that have to agree on it because there isn't like an owner. But if you're an owner and you feel jaded by a guy and like slided by him, like you see certain big name guys get like like Odell felt very slide from the giants, and they have known to be like you know, if you were gonna send you like basically like where careers go to that, we're going at the time.
Speaker 9: Go to that before things really changed until has changed Cleveland as every off season they're the super Bowl winners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's very true. The only person's careers that's not dying there is who's.
Speaker 9: The freak Miles Garrett Garrett do that guy's He's just a fucking Yeah. It's just one freak, one horny guy and a bunch of dudes doing their best doing. But you're right, there's some personal that gets involved, but it's always still it's still thought out of a way to where you make something shake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean like if you want to Aaron has all the leverage thing. Yeah, I'm again like Aaron's my guy.
Speaker 10: I totally like I would absolutely be on the side with that, But like I look at the whole situation, like, Okay, I see probably where the packers are posturing, see where the Jets are prospering. I see where Aaron's posturing, and like what take out all the bias, like what really could happen? Like go look at try and gather as much information and go look at what's what's plausible. Ackers obviously feel this way is probably why they're sitting standing on what they're standing on. Aaron obviously probably going on saying the things he said because the leverage he has, which we all see, and then obviously with the Jets, so given me interesting, I think, uh, I'm gonna sit back and just watch. That's when people come and ask me. I'm like, dude, yeah, so I'm like this is good TV, Like yeah, yeah, gets good. I can just shop talk Aaron about the entire time whenever I want, Like this is funny, Like from a personal.
Speaker 9: Standpoint, though, it's got to hurt a little bit, like it's the changing of the tides. Yeah, I mean that is one of your best It seems like you guys are incredibly close.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, one, yes, but like two, we can relate on this, like.
Speaker 10: It's look look at our careers, like things come, things go, things happen. I'm sure in your like timing uh with the Titans, like you saw your homies that were there, and then your homie started getting getting cut and getting really skys you thought were untouchable start getting cut, and then you realize, like you know what, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Though, when I started accepting that like years ago, I'm like, yeah, I mean Aaron, who's like, of course you think the most untouchable person, Like I know it's gonna happen at some point. I'm like, dude, go get yours if you want to go somewhere, Like I will never be jaded by your business decision because I always care more about Aaron than I do about twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like for the grim Bay Packers, So go go. That's a nice quote.
Speaker 10: Go go do your thing, man, Like I'm I'm cool that, And I've said that to Trailer, thank you. I've said that to like all my teammates once I understood it back in like I think when Josh sitting got cut for me. That was my like, holy shit, Joshing was my left guard.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys had a nice little room. It seemed like you guys seem super close back then.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we were, like honestly we had That was probably like when someone says like the good old days, like you wish you knew when you're in the good old quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was that.
Speaker 9: I mean that I would say in my tenure like that was the closest like that room has been like.
Speaker 1: Just a bunch of studs. Fun. Uh.
Speaker 10: But yeah, Like once I saw guys getting cut and getting chopped during that era, I was like, Okay, so I mean it happens, dude. So I've always told like any guy, I even told Corey, I'm like, dude, go get yours. I would never be jaded if you I'd be more jaded if you took less money because you thought that like, oh I gotta be with my guys and not take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna like you.
Speaker 10: No matter what I said to DeVante, I said to Corey, I've said it to even Elton coming up. I'm like, go do what's best for you, don't think about take your motion or like friendship stuff out of it, like this is a business.
Speaker 2: So it's so hard though, man, because football is so built around team, the boys in sacrifice and selflessness and like yeah the boys.
Speaker 1: Man, it's so built around that. It's so ingrained in you.
Speaker 2: And even when you have your team, like your ninety man roster, you're kind of going through the offseason some of the guys know who's gonna be there and who's not. Then in training camp you develop the coaches, all coaches, the whole organization preaches giving up and sacrificing for the logo. But the minute the season ends, the logo is gonna do whatever is best for the logo. And every player is essentially a contractor and every player has to operate in an individual type of manner. And it's hard because you create such a strong bond, great such a strong bond. It's like when you go to the AFC Championship, you make it that far, you go to the playoffs, like the you were yeah you've been in leads to a certain things. So the year you guys beat us in the Waldcard in Washington, but the moment like after it gets done and you lose in the playoffs. You just think, especially when you're young, like oh, we'll be back next year. You think it's the same guys. You have the same conversations talking to like Deshaun Golson and Jason Hasher and the guys that are on our defense, Like hey, what are they saying to you? Because you think we're all kind of working together, like they're gonna work the you hear, And then when you realize they don't come back or nothing, you're just thinking like, ah, right, so are we trying to keep the squad together or not? And then you because you're so brain you're just ignorant and naive to it. Yeah, And then when it starts happening, it's like it's like tough. It's like damn, Like this is how it just changed. Then I go to Tennessee and it's a new group and you're just like, man.
Speaker 1: This is just kind of the business that is the NFL. The biggest shock in the NFL for me was that first cut.
Speaker 9: At the first like everyone's in camp, you're sitting there in meetings, coaches are preaching we're a family or a family, and then like like week three because they did two cuts back then week three of the preseason. They'd be like, all right, guys, after this game, like we're gonna have to get It's just the name of the game.
Speaker 1: It's the business. And you're thinking, like, hey, we're a family though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you see dudes getting cut in that first cut that you as a rookie you don't know, but like now looking back here, like yeah, obviously that guy had to go. But watching dudes just be like, hey, man, good luck. Some dudes are taking it like they've been in the game for a while so they didn't know and they did this stap you up and say hey, we'll see. And there's other dudes that are like usually rookies are like second, your guys are like falling their eyes out. They think their dreams over and it's like the most shell shocking experience, bro, going through that. You're like, my god, watching it and being able to see one hundred percent turnover too. It's like, dude, you just watching everybody so yeah, see see I mean how many times you've seen your locker room turnover? Because I mean you were a Tennessee for a long time. Yeah, we dude, I was lucky because after my second year, I think everybody I played with was gone and those the line room in the old line room, and then Ben Jones came in. Then Josh Klein came in. Then Jack Conklin got drafted, and then Quentin's spain was he was an undrafted guy that came in. And then we me and Ben especially, we rode together for seven years straight. And that was like Ben and I were like really like the nucleus of that group. And once we like figured out what we wanted our group to be like and how we all meshed, it was like a plug and play situation. Guys would come in and they'd see how things are and they would just gel to it right away. We had people have left and come back or told us like it was a it was an amazing room.
Speaker 1: It really was. And that's where I think about you and Aaron.
Speaker 9: It's like, yeah, you know what's gonna happen, having the changing the tide and everything, and knowing that a chapter in your life is over, but it's still like when you do look back and you're like, damn, bro, like that was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was so fucking good being around those boys. Yeah, That's where I go back to, like me thinking like this is how I have to think. Is it easy? Absolutely not?
Speaker 10: Do I want to talk about the brotherhood and like with a team, like don't want to be like dude, like stay, we're homies.
Speaker 1: We can fucking do this, right, Absolutely I want to.
Speaker 10: But yeah, then I'm also being selfish and trying to think and because I'm being selfish for myself because I know, like I'm gonna be here anyways, right, and I could potentially like I'd never wanted to influence like someone else in their personal life, right because I know that.
Speaker 9: This is a finite time and that's a lifetime. Like when I had that really dawned on me.
Speaker 10: That's where I stopped, like, hey, I'll tell you how emotionally I think, but truly, like where I weigh more on is this side, and like that that this I was more about, like you because of how I I mean guess it's kind of well software how I started thinking, but like that's how I wanted it to be, because I never wanted the guy to be like, well you said like this, and now you're going up and leaving. I'm like, well, sorry, you know, if I were to get up and leave, like if I wanted to go get trade or something like that.
Speaker 1: Not that I do, but uh, he does.
Speaker 10: I mean it's not like that'd be fucked up for me to say to someone like so. That's why I never want to do that. I'd never wanted to add into someone as only like just being like.
Speaker 2: So, I wanted to be supportive for right because you had you You you're almost forced to compartmentalize, and you almost like you have when guys are so emotional and react to something, You're like, oh man, they just they haven't like you just don't have that awareness yet of what this business is like, how is it for you now? Like we talk about we just had that whole conversation for you. You've been a five time All Pro, a three time pro bowler. You've had a roller coaster these last couple of years, especially with injuries and everything else. And now you see headlines of you know, tackles getting hosted for your success or potential trade talks or should we restructure this contract. There's a lot of like external shit that goes on. How has that been for you coming from you have five years of like dominance and now all of a sudden you have two Your knee goes out on you and you've been trying to get back on the field.
Speaker 1: How is that?
Speaker 2: How have you been dealing with that, especially like now that headlines are getting a little not real, but they're just louder, and you're like, fuck man, they're really really trying to move on from the boy, at least from the media perspective.
Speaker 9: So one, it's fucking tough. Like I'm not gonna say it's easy.
Speaker 10: You know, I think a lot of people that you can relate to this uh tailor obviously coming from like injuries and stuff. Is people think like, oh, now we're good, We're collecting the check, we all this money.
Speaker 1: Life's good. Its like, but we didn't get here thinking like that.
Speaker 9: We didn't like we love to fucking ball, like we I never got paid to chill and not do what I enjoyed doing.
Speaker 10: So when I'm like, oh, you're getting money, I'm like, yeah, is it nice? Sure, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna dis like discredit that side. But what fucking sucks more is like I'm being stripped of something that I love doing, especially the way I like doing it. And at a certain point that I think those can come to a head and that can start like on a question like you know where you're at, so you talk about like my career, like, yeah, I'm talk about the back then, like I might be on i might be in the teens of whatever hole I'm on on my back nine. So I mean for me, like I've kind of hit more of a bucket. I'm just I'm I'm gonna enjoy it whether I'm on this team, if I get traded, I haven't fucking cared. I'm just like, hey, I'm enjoying where I'm at. It's almost like I'm that young, naive kid again when I was drafted, because like I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't know if I'm gonna make the team, but I'm along for the ride, and I've had a hell of fucking journey and I'm gonna come in with the blissful fun side that I wanted to grind and have fun as I'm gonna do going out because I'm not gonna stress about what I can't control, try to control so many things up to this point, like bucket, I'm just gonna ride whatever happens. And if that's two weeks, two years, five years, cool, go.
Speaker 9: There's a level, there's a level of like releasing that stress and like want for control that is extremely free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what you what you're going through.
Speaker 9: It's it is one of those deals where like when you realize what you can't achieve, it's like the only thing is that matters is achieving that thing over and over and over again, because I do it once, like your first All Pro, your first Pro Bowl, You're like, this is sick. But immediately once it's announced, it's like, how do I fucking do this again?
Speaker 1: So people know it's not a.
Speaker 9: Fluke, and then you keep fighting, fighting, fighting, and then all of a sudden, some injury happens and then you like we had injuries similar times. You were a couple of months after me, but we were like text therapists, Like we would sit and talk to each other about our knees and what's going on this and that voist yes on your end, your big voice message. I do love the voice mesters, get it in and get it going. But like it is one of those things where you're like you fight so hard to get back and then things don't go your way and then there is a point in time. It's not like a level of defeat where it's like I can't. I got to stop trying to control it so much because it's making it worse on me mentally and like everything around you because physics suffering because of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So that's a lot fucking go through, dude, And it's nice to know that you're like in the place you are now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely was a journey to get here.
Speaker 10: I didn't like immediately in the process, like it took a lot, and I didn't even realize the toll it took on me mentally till after I was already through it, and even like talking with my wife and going back like damn, like that wasn't me and like things did change. But I'm like, oh, this is like I've been status quo kind of doing my thing. Yeah, like what I'm saying, it fucking sucked. It's hasn't been fun and like the whole leading up, like in my career, like stress, yes, and it feels very stressful but rewarding and fun too. The one it's just stressful in negative and you're getting stripped of fun whereas I leave you, and that's where I kind of was, and now I'm like in a point now where it's the relinquishing the control because I I guess I am a little bit of a control.
Speaker 1: Freak, especially you know, with your body, you have to.
Speaker 10: And then now I'm I I feel freer, i feel better and even physically I feel better. I'm like, this is cool and this is new because this is not how I've attacked my career, you know, being a day three, day four guy, you know, trying to show you that kind of what it's like on this.
Speaker 9: End I want to see. Yeah, I have no idea I need, I need to learn. Put me on day three, day four game.
Speaker 1: We would love to be day one guys too, But I mean, like, you know, we just grinding through.
Speaker 10: I've I've heard your absolute grinder, but like it's like that's how I've been and that's how I attacked, and it's like damn, like almost I have to do the opposite thing of the antithesis of what I am actually works for me. But it doesn't make sense having to surrender to that. That's why I'm like, fuck it, dude, I'm just I can I do what I want to do today? You can let me need cool, let's do it, you know, want today all right, fine, chill, Whereas before it's like come hell or high water, I'm up early, I'm fucking doing it.
Speaker 1: Suck it the fuck up. If it hurts, you're gonna hurt through it, and you're gonna make it feel good while you're doing it. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 9: Did you go through a little bit of and this is me kind of projecting this question is me projecting onto you a little bit, but wondering when you first get hurt and you tear your acl that next season or you know, those last couple of games, everybody is like, you're reading the tweets and everyone's like, man, if la Wam was out of here, if if Bockyard was out here, we'd be doing X, Y and Z. And you're like thing, You're all like, damn, I'm fucking I'm really him. These people really appreciate me. And then you get into that next season, you're having a lot of ups and downs with the knee, and you see that narrative change. It's like this fucking guy man can't stay healthy, Like what's the deal? When an't we getting rid of them? And it's like the same people. Was that an effect on you at all? Because that was for me a little bit, but like, no, I'm still struggling with that.
Speaker 10: I would say a little bit, but I definitely probably wouldn't say as much because I remember, like when I was young, I always would tell my mom and mom would post like on Facebook. She hasn't graduated out to like wit or anything like that. Yeah, but like on face the best. Yeah, it's been awesome. She's in this little bubble, but like she would just post all these good articles about me when I was young, kind of a sending in.
Speaker 1: My career, and I would.
Speaker 10: I don't know, I guess I always kind of being like the the gritty person's just been shpit on is like like, oh you're too small, this up and like but I've heard my life told her. I'm like, hey, like the same person's right in this about me. It's gonna be the same person's and I should be cut. Like if you're gonna post this, I'm cool with you doing that, but then you also got to post the shitty ones. Oh damn, Like yeah, I again, I get I guess, like it's hard on myself, but I remember tell I'm on that just to kind of like tempo expectations because like I didn't have expectations i'd be where I am in my career today like that that ship, Like I didn't. I was just like, holy shit, I'm gonna make league. This is fucking great. Like I don't know how the fact that I'm getting the door great. So hearing it, like does it is? I can definitely relate. But like I always was like, yeah, this guy, like I know you're gonna come after you at some point. It's not again, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, Like it's the tides are gonna turn, it's gonna go from mystic. Oh you're the missing piece. Oh it feels really good to damn Like this piece is fucking hindering us right now. I'm like, yeah, well, I you know, all right, So like so be it.
Speaker 1: Fuck it what that's fucking yeah, that's a good that's a good thought process. Behalf. I had did not have that.
Speaker 10: But again, like do I like sometimes like stroking my ego when I'm feeling down, like go read a good article or someone saying about me. Yeah, I definitely would read that. And then when I see the ship, I was like, Oh, this guy does no fucking shit yes, that one on Where's where's the other?
Speaker 1: Like local Beat? Yeah, there you are, That's what I'm talking about. Now we're on the same page. Yeah, does that happen. Yeah, I've totally been through that.
Speaker 10: But I in the background, I've never like let that other side of me being like, uh, I'll give you one like Pro Football Focus.
Speaker 1: I have never and I will say I never liked them. Yeah, but you paid a good good ratings. No, I used to.
Speaker 10: I remember asking a Local Beat writer. I was pissed off because I'm like, why is this guy shitting't like these people literally I didn't know at the time how lack of like lack of influence they had, but I was like, this person's gonna cost me my job. They keep talking shit about me, right because like that's the only thing I see out there.
Speaker 1: This is like back in like twenty fourteen thing everyone else sees it too, and that's what I thought too. I'm like, are these grades?
Speaker 10: But I'm like, but my coaches give me these other grades that are different what like, but everyone else is only seen this one and I'm one. Am I am I supposed to just like take a photo and say, like put out there the game, he's like the top again. We're like I was like, what what's going on? Like again, I think this is very like just naive of me early on, and then then I really start rolling where it almost became like I almost feel like pro football focus was like pissed. They're like, fun, we're gonna have to start getting good grades. And then I remember, I'm like, once I started jerking off, I'm like, well, fuck you guys. You think I'm gonna fucking pump you now. So I literally have never liked we did, or ever even given them any credence, I guess to this day. So congratulations, guys got me. I'm like I sat there, I'm like what the fuck. And then then they started jerking me off. They sent me like trophies of like whatever. I'm like, get the fuck out of here, dude, Like so as like a joke, I put it like in the line I'll never bring that ship home like best pass blocking off, like that's the ship that just like pissed me. I don't know why we got on this tangent about about them, but that was one thing with social media, it's something affected. Yeah, like that one definitely dicks. I'm like well, you're fucking shitting on me right now, and I think you're costing me, like my goddamn job. And then I'm like at work and starting to I'm looking at this grade and I'm like, okay, so my coach thinking this, so.
Speaker 1: They're not reading this. I'm going to work. Everyone's like, dude, you gotta keep it up. Great ship. And I'm i go home.
Speaker 10: Everyone's like like, god, we need a draft to tackle. I get this guy off the team, like he's Marshall new House two point on. I'm like, whoa, guys, what the fuck Marshall, Marshall, marsh.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 10: Marshall knows like they were fucking ruthless for at anyone's throat at left tackle back in like the twenty like twenty twelve, twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: It was fucked up. Yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 2: It's been a process where you've talked about alluding to that process of just the ups and downs of it all. And I'll get into this kind of like fucking mentality, but what has uh, what pissed you off the most during the whole process?
Speaker 1: What pissed me off the most? Like what's like what?
Speaker 2: So I guess I guess, So I guess for myself when I would go through injuries and what would piss me off trying to get back onto the field and everything else throughout the whole process outside of like hearing trips and things like that would always be the level of just not on the same page of a person that you might work with off the field versus people you work with in the locker room and in the training room, and some of like in your head, some of the incompetence, incompetencies you think that the NFL training room can have at times.
Speaker 1: It would always piss me off because they wanted to not think we were going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about like you know, when I when I was like going through it or trying to recover from injuries and everything else, you just wish everybody would be on the same page. And you're like, man, it seems like it seems like so and so is looking up for my best interest. But why are they kind of forcing to push my hand to like go out on the field right now a little too soon?
Speaker 1: So that would always piss me off.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of just asking you that might not be it, but I'm asking you, like what's kind of what pissed you off the most throughout the process of coming back and throughout these last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I think what we said before, like the lack of control like that that fucking pissed me off.
Speaker 10: I think every other injury I've had, which again hasn't gone like even like documentar has to be out there because I feel like it needed to. Like I just grit my teeth harder and just say fuck it, I'll do it later, and they would just kind of go away, kind of just fit in line, like if I ignore you enough or just tell you that no, you can't be hurt, you can do it. Whereas like this nee thing, and I like that we can kind of relate to this, like we thinks maybe whistle pick and talk more about I'm surely yeah pre plugged baby.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The most annoying thing about it is like I I can't like it. I have to listen to it.
Speaker 10: It won't let me do the what I've done my entire life, and that I think is the most stressful part. Now the whole training room and like who's doing what? Like hey man, Like that's I think that's a whole nother basket that.
Speaker 9: The problem is information when it comes to what will what you were talking about, it's because you go and you meet with these third parties and they put so much game on you about they're using big words. They do a couple of things and they're like just do this is and this right now, and you do it. You're like, oh fuck, I do feel better when you do that. And then you go to the training room and they're like they they stick to the nuts and bolts of what's going on. They got a new machine for everything. But you're still doing rice. You're still you know what I'm saying, and so you it does You're still doing rice. Yeah, it's still like yeah, like it makes you think like, hey, who is right and who is wrong? And then usually like as you get followed down the road, the road you start working with these third party people and you're like, well, man, every time I work with them, I feel way better. Why is that different than when I'm in the training room? What like why is that pausing that frustration? And then I mean you saw me and what twenty twenty one with Adrian in the training room. Yeah, he was this one of the trainers we had. He was making me do some stuff, and I fucking lost it on him one day. I just felt like he was doing it wrong and everyone else is telling me he's doing it wrong, but he's like, no, this is the only way to do it. And it's just that is a frustrating thing to go back on the things you struggled with, dude, because that shit is Yeah, it's like it's like you work and you're trying to, like, you know, make your injury feel a lot better. I had this thing called like ossiatis peoples wore.
Speaker 2: My groin was just inflamed, and I had basic had this set up like two weeks in training camp, and the third part of that, I would work with the guy that I would work with that.
Speaker 1: Would fly in.
Speaker 2: We go to this hotel room and everything else, and we're doing all these things to make to relieve some pain and do all this. And the big thing was like, hey, don't get on a bike or anything else. But the first thing I'd do when I'd go into the training camp the next day would be like, get on a fucking bike. And it's just like, Yo, are these motherfuckers like actually trying to figure out what's wrong with me? Are they just going through the motions so all to say, like those types of things pissed me off, and now for me, I'm more on the I'm like, I'm pretty I am on the other side of it, so I can kind of talk a little shit about it. I do feel like there's incompetencies in the NFL when it comes to that stuff, like the reason no players go back and train all year round at the facilities speacause the facilities and the programs usually suck.
Speaker 1: I know, it's kind of harder for you.
Speaker 9: Guys to speak on it is this is Will's NFLPA, my NFLPA.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm just saying, like speaking openly about that stuff, Like the NFLPA did come out with grades and everything else for aably stuff, which I thought phenomenal. Yeah, I thought that was awesome. He kind of gives something amazing insight to what goes on.
Speaker 1: Uh, it is awful.
Speaker 9: First of all, I actually will respectfully disagree. Are they bad? I don't even even go bad. I love j C Like, oh, I think Jasey's also, Yes, did did we have gripe before? Because again, let me also he sucks. Yeah, he's awesome. I know. I know I mess with jac Tretder. He's a hard working, well spoken, good dude. I was with him in Exos and Carlsbad all the time. That guy is an elite person, human being.
Speaker 10: He's gonna So I was drafted with him in Green Bay and like I think, so he went to Cornell and I believe he studied like a union.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was in because when he got when he got voted as a president, it was.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a no brainer made for this job.
Speaker 10: And like I remember him telling me, he goes the worst thing the NFL that could have done was blackball may because I'm the president and now they just gave me more time to fuck them over. I heard this, and like I know, Ja c jc's a very fair guy. Like he's gonna call a spade of bad even if it means a detriment of himself. I'm like, that's an honest man. Like I would love to play any type of card game with him, cause I know he'll never cheat. He'll never cheat in anything. He'll he'll be a guy like if you even drop money back, he just would. He's that kind of guy like he's always like I got the coach, watch him sometime we get annoyed because we're like, you know, back when we would play, uh we get out of meetings when we were rookies and be like, oh, this is how we talk with you.
Speaker 2: We got to go back to the offensive lid. Roo'm like, no, we fucking don't. If we all don't go, we're gonna be good. Well the Botterer said, so, I'm like, God damn it. JC, then we'd had to fucking go in the meetings. And again that actually like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was one of those guys, but I respect it now in his position and that's been the code of who he's been. So these grades, going back to the grades and him like, I think he is actually doing well and the nice thing being as close as I am with him, being draft with him as I got like a fast past to know what's going on, what's he thinking, what's he doing? And I think that he's actually using the money or good or positive change, and he's got a vision of what he wants to do, Like that NFLPA thing, the golfing thing, like there is a vision behind it. It's not just let's get the guys getting golf. I don't want to like divulge too much of like his plan, but there's a plan behind it.
Speaker 1: When you're saying use the money for good, can you say anything about that?
Speaker 10: I think for us, like we would always call a question, like we're paying these dues and like what's it going for? What are we really getting? And like did we really feel like it was being using our best interest? The new shary duty. That's where we called a question. I think that's where you say no, like that's I think that's where you have that resentment. And I think over the course of our career, I think a lot of guys felt that same way. Yeah, I like where it's heading because you have a guy in the room that I know, like I said, he'd be the guy found money on the ground, he'd hand it back to so I know that he's looking at this money be like, well, this is a waste of money. Why is this money going here? Should be going towards this, And he'd fight for use this money for something that's acting, dude, that's gonna do good, not only for the PA before the player, for the players and then the PA. And if it isn't, let's put a kabash this thing right now, Like what do we So I trust I have trust in JC yea like, so that's what makes me feel really getting so far the things that he's doing, like the Twitter blast with the fields with the grades, like I thought that was a great first step and that I think it showed all these players, like Buck, I got some you know, these uh, these strength coaches and these uh uh, these these training people better fucking start getting their shit right now because they're gonna be on the hot seat because I got a great coming for you at the end of the year. Whereas before everyone used to be super taboo, you don't talk. Abo goes on the facility and you know they're in with.
Speaker 2: Whether it's head coaches, uh, front office ownership stuff like that. You just realize they're kind of like, can't really mess them because they're kind of seting their job. Now that this stuff was public, it's like people gonna have a bird's eye view on how each element in the building is working. Like, man, it seems like our players really don't like this strength coach, or we really don't like the nutrition or the building or this person or that person, And you can kind of check and have that open dialogue on getting better like, hey, what changes are we making? Are you stuck in your ways? Why are you getting this grade? Why do why collectively do the players feel about you in this way? Wasn't the Ravens like the Ravens. I think I had the worst strength coach, and everyone's extremely outspoken.
Speaker 10: But I think two weeks before, like a ten days before that thing came out, they fired him because the I this is again, I don't know what what I had heard was They fired him because they knew this was gonna come out and it was gonna look bad on the organization. And then that goes back, Hey, brother, we got some power now, right that what I think is awesome, And I think for all of us we can all agree that, like we know, the players have power. The hardest thing is getting us to get together. All of us are all over the fucking place, and it's sad. But I see j C pulling us together even like you know, am I really talking to him as he like?
Speaker 9: There No, But like with these things, I feel like we're being able to have one collective voice, and that is very strong, especially when it comes to negotiation, especially forgetting for what you want.
Speaker 1: So that's where I feel about that with jacc wants to come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other one on a little tangent a few episodes ago, and Jac immediately puts us in a group.
Speaker 1: You say, hey, I want to come on the bus. That's a little different than when we have the other PA presence. I do like I like I said, I like JC. I'm nor respect him coming on the bus. Why is that?
Speaker 9: Because he's he's such a well spoken and he's much more well versed in everything we're going to talk about than I am.
Speaker 1: So I am going to look dumb.
Speaker 9: And the reason why I know I'm going to look dumb is I don't feel like looking into it so much where I can like literally have an actual debate with this individual. And also I know my hatred and dismay for the NFLPA is from an individual standpoint. Twenty nineteen, getting a PED knowing I didn't take that PD, and essentially I get on a call with them, They're like, there's nothing we can do for you, And my thought is like, why in this judicial system of the NFL am I guilty before proven innocent, and then if I am proven innocent, still guilty. So that put a massive like I got very frustrated. I lost a lot of money, but I also lost a lot of respect around the community people. I'm extremely jaded from that situation and then going into meetings like you have those three four meetings every year with the NFLPA, and it's like you sit there, guys are asking good questions, Guys are asking questions about money, what we should do, where we should go, what's gonna happen, and that there was never a clear cut, black and white answer. It was always a gray area. We're working on this, trust me, guys, this is gonna happen. And it was never like nothing ever got done. It was like an hour of dudes just bitching at the PA guys and them going, hey, but we're we're working for you, guys should come to the meetings. Which you were on me all the time about going to the meetings. But it's like I have really joined a line in the sand with the NFL p A from what's happened to me individually.
Speaker 1: Which is which is which is justifiable? Like that's understandable. I think it's like because of the p do you think I was four million dollars? Yeah, well you know, yeah, I get ye appreciated.
Speaker 9: The thing that frustrated me the most is like when I'm if I'm in a situation where I need to go to battle, essentially, I'm going to battle with the lawyers of the NFL. These dudes are paid so much money, and I'm frustrated. I want the people working with me to at least seem just frustrated as I am, just as angry and motivated. They could be fucking lying to me for all I care, But as long as I feel that for me, I'm like, all right, I feel like whatever happens, they're doing the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I get on a call with them and it's like, hey man, you know, based on the way this is all set up, you know, you literally have to go through old supplement cans and get them tested, and I can go into the whole thing about how supplements are made, batches and all that, and it's kind of just one thing after another.
Speaker 1: Numbers, there's nothing's regulated.
Speaker 9: There's like even if NF you f NSF certified, like that's that's you know, sometimes shit can still get in there. So they really just sat there and they were waving the white flag. On our first conversation, it was just so frustrating dude. And I remember getting on the call with the NFL and the PA and there was like basically my sentencing of what's gonna happen. I'm sitting in the kitchen and I knew there's nothing I can say here anymore. Did not get suspended, So I took my twenty five thirty seconds to tell I was literally like, you guys are pieces of shit.
Speaker 1: Fuck you guys, like went off and hung up the phone. I like went off.
Speaker 9: And since then, I've had that, I've had that that chip on my shoulder, and it's like I would love to have Jacon on because of how much respect I have for JC. But I know good and well when we sit down and have that conversation, I'm gonna walk away feeling dumb.
Speaker 1: You know, I think.
Speaker 9: I think the reason I think that's a good thing. I don't want to run away from that. But at the same time, it's like, I'm very aware that is going to happen.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't you rather have a PA president make you feel dumb and make you feel really smart, especially because they're privy to the they're at certain tables conversations and planning. I'd rather have him be like, damn, I never thought of that, instead of what the fuck are you thinking? And it's the other these other clowns, like these regional dudes that come in. They dude, they pissed me off. Who's the one guy?
Speaker 1: Is it Ernie? Oh yeah, I don't like Ernie at all. Ernie, Like, look, I understand it's very justified, like Ernie.
Speaker 9: And then who's the guy who is who's the black dude, bald head Don Davis?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck that guy too. I there's don't really good with names. Man. Well, yea.
Speaker 9: Every single time I've had a conversation with them and something to get them, well, I'm just I'm also like finishing the I just needed a couple of things. When these motherfuckers come up to me and we're having these conversations, there's never a clear answer, never a clear answer. Well, I'm asking you questions that are very basic, and I could just give me the answer to the four one K phenomenal Other than that, what the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 1: Like what is happening here?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 9: Like I have no idea and they've never given me a clear answer. I think I think they're just I think they're just cutting checks, just to cut check. I think this is the one, and I know you want to talk.
Speaker 1: Well I don't. The only thing. Let me just list I've had questions I've gone to them for and my only thing.
Speaker 10: Again, I've never gone down the alleys you've been down, but I just know from them, their whole idea is we cannot confirm anything that has any tool drop of gray because now we are deemed liable because the moment they give you lotty exactly and and and that's the bullshit. So like, yeah, that's the only thing I can think of, because that's like for them, it's like I've been there, and it's like, give me a fucking answer, just tell me yes or no. And they're like, uh, well, you know, uh, you know, we just recommend that, you know, for from a submestinent, like we recommend that noble player takes any supplement. The moment they put anything in their body, they're subject to potentially like having a tainted stuff. I'm like, if you're telling like any fucking broccoli from fucking uh if I go to Public's and get broccoly because it could be potentially tainted and it's not organic, really responsible for this, So I'm just like that, that's that's the point. It's fucking stupid. Yeah, like it should be like that is a terrible way to go about, especially for the players you're representing us. Give us more cut and dry, more black and white, because it's our careers, it's our money. But like, then again, you strip that away. It's like and I'm trying to go on there side and the look I'm like, Okay, I see what you're doing. It's fucking like I hate it.
Speaker 1: But all right.
Speaker 9: In the supplement thing, dude, it's completely asinine for people to sit there and be like, you don't need to take any supplements, just get good night's rest and eat nutrition. Like, brother, we are putting out so much energy and damaging our bodies so much on a day to day basis during football.
Speaker 1: You need supplements. They're extremely important to take you.
Speaker 9: You need to be the basics, the fish oils, the the B vitamins, the vitamin D like, take those. But guess what, you're still fucking liable. And it's just wild. And if that is the case, why don't we have every guy get blood work and every single guy have supplements that the team buys and make sure is good and then we take those make it anything outside of it, then we're liable. Like how is that not an easy answer because the money, but how can.
Speaker 1: They how can they confirm making it? Making it?
Speaker 9: Apartment conversation if they if you do your blood work and they say, based on your blood work, what your levels are.
Speaker 1: In X, Y and Z, you need this much of vitamin C, you know, but.
Speaker 10: Then like they give you the supplements and then like okay, but then let's say you still pop. Then way they confirmed that you took something that the the franchise.
Speaker 9: Then it's like, okay, what if we've done your blood work and we've given you all the things we know you need, then why would you need to take anything else outside of here?
Speaker 1: Even creatines, even proteins, all that stuff.
Speaker 9: If you give me all the stuff I need and I take it and then I go off and do something else, I should be liable before I do it.
Speaker 10: If I'm getting everything I need, I totally agree with that, and for one that that that's what's around the corner. Yeah, I think I would love I actually yearned for the day for that. Yeah, because I think it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's.
Speaker 10: I know, well, you were the settlements. I was like, I gotta fuck no, I know, but I totally agree with that. IM like I did the blood work thing too. I've been going down the alley and I fucking love it. I'm like, what the fuck? Why don't our teams, just like you, invest so much money these players, optimize them, get the most you can out of them, make sure that they're healthy, they're recovering, they can show up on Sunday. There's so many guys who don't know shit that literally, I have never had protein besides musclim look that they were given through college and then they never had a something before their child un till they get to the NFL, and then it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, go fend for yourself.
Speaker 10: Like we just had a rookie pop because his uh what do he went to a JC and his buddy's like, do we got big taking this?
Speaker 1: Take this?
Speaker 10: It's like like could and they love the end, Like teams love micromanaging. That's a great one to do, but they don't know who to trust, who to go through. How much money is it going to be? Oh you know what, like is it it tested? Oh did it not come from Like one of the guys already works here, then they're gonna get jaded. Then they want to have control over it, so then they shoot it down.
Speaker 9: They say it's like it's stupid because they wouldn't want to like have their job come to compromise, and it's just it's a whole racket.
Speaker 1: But I totally like, I would love that I do that myself. I all this shit you're saying, we just got blood work done in two weeks ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm literally going, like today you talk about schedule, that's where I'm going to see in Franklin. I'm going to go see my like the blood gun, make sure everything's loved. Because since I doing that, my body has been way better. I wish I was doing this when I was younger. Again, I had no fucking idea. I was like you, I was taking here's the thing. I remember taking a protein suplement and then literally I got an email after taking for good like twelve months, eighteen months, and it said, hey, recall tainted something. I'm sitting there like it was a grass fed I was getting from overseas and I was like, oh, I'm like, well, I was fucking I've been your opinions and it's been cleaned so far. I'm like, you know, damn, I could have gotten fucked and I didn't. For me, I'm like, I'm paying top dollar for like a grass fed protein that's coming from where I don't even remember where the hell. I think if my dad told me about it was because he's always like health conscious, But that's something like I could have easially been one of those stories too, and I wouldn't fucking pissed. I'm like, I brought this in. It was literally sitting in our facility, like all right, no one. You know, this is before NSF became a big thing. They have the app where you could do like you do the barcode.
Speaker 9: That's what I first came in, right, this is before that you would still take like even the non NSF stuff.
Speaker 1: You could hold up a bottle in it and it would be like green yellow. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean nowadays, honestly, like this is I don't know. If you have this, it'd be cool, And I'm like, I don't. I don't really take much stuff anymore. Like I literally take like the vitamins that I the bug guy just told me to do from like warn I'm like, okay, it's all in a stuff And then I barely drink protein.
Speaker 1: Shit, I just eat it. At this point, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not such a fuck it like, you know what, my body's just gonna hold onto what it is and if it's not, yeah, like just organic natural something in what I can from the vibamin standpoint, let it go, Like enough of that cretine like that talk, I did all that stuff.
Speaker 9: That That's that's where I'm mat Now you're you're losing the meathead. You're losing the meathead right in the head. I am the scary thought.
Speaker 1: I am. It's it is sad, but it seems like you want to just get back to the basics. It is.
Speaker 10: I think I do think getting back to the basis. I think we've it's a different philosophy. I think my body now is actually held way better. I should always be struggling to be heavy. Now I'm like, fuck, lose a little bit of weight and it's still kind of hanging there a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking a single fucking equally a scary thought. Yeah, that's that's also scary.
Speaker 9: Dude who is also like always always heavy or I'm sorry, I always light, trying to become heavy, you would think, Man, but someday when I'm done playing, this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Way like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that that'd be a thought if you're like, man, I'm kind of eating the same, but nothing's really fluctuated, dude.
Speaker 10: I've been I've been eating quinwa and grass fed meat for literally three weeks around this cleanse, and I'm like, how am I barely losing weight? Because I've old me would be plummeting. Yeah, i'd be in like the two nineties asap, and I'm sitting here just still hovering. I'm like, can we get like I wanna? I want to get that low right fucking am? Like, well, just keep sticking to it. I guess, age, how do you close this? Do you remember what you were gonna say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think ultimately I was just gonna say, like, uh, like I completely that's all just aifiable and understandable, like feeling jaded, like when the year ten stuff was going on, like yeah, it's kind of like water off my back while I was I actually so serious to where I was gonna piss me off, like yes and no, because you know, you still lose out on like when I couldn't sund that deal. It's like, you still lose out on over three hundred thousand dollars that I could have had in the bank account, and it pisses you off that there's some there's really a cover your ass conversation about it. It wasn't necessarily Hey, this is where the the NFL could get you in the gambling or the structuring. It's like we don't think nothing will happen, but also we can't guarantee it. So that ultimately led to not playing. Not playing. But I think like with the whole NFLPA thing and JC coming on the bus and everything like that, you have such a microphone because you are a premier, like you signed the biggest deal at one point in time, and when something happens and you just feel jaded and you're like fuck the PA and everything like that, versus a stance of like let's figure out how we can fix the system, which I know it's like JC, he's trying to do things like that. I think that's where I think, that's where it's like, you want to come in. If we're gonna at the NFLPA, we need to be a union. That's about the boys. That's the player's best interested in mind and everything about that, and we want to make it that way. I think that's why it's imperative for guys to show up, go to the meetings do all that stuff, versus you know, you have your thing and it is justifiable and everything you're saying is a good point, right, and it's such a it's like an individual jed thing to where you're just like, no, fuck the PA, I'm drawing the line in the sand.
Speaker 1: I gotta sit here. I'm like, man, we got to figure out a way to get him to come around.
Speaker 2: Because if you have the strongest voices coming out and taking it serious, you could start to make a little bit of change, something small. You had to at first get like practice squad players didn't get eligible for benefits, and I went to the meetings, like after the second or third year. Lorenzo Alexander fifteen year player made the Pro Bowl stud He was a practic squad guy for three years before he started playing in the game.
Speaker 1: And I was always pissed because you could be undrapped.
Speaker 2: You could be a rookie who was gonna get cut, but you got hurt and you got put on ir you got like double the money of Peace squad guys, guys who are still playing, Like I would see guys that I knew were gonna be gone and I'm sitting there fucking grinding on practice squad, and they got access to the benefits, the four to one K, the retirement double the money that I was getting. And you just felt the type of way to where it's like, well, how do we make a change or make or make some kind of rule. But fortunately when you go, when you're at the meetings and you can try and do some of that focused work, Lorenzo ends up getting something passed where you can either credit a year or practice squad players can now have can now have access to benefits. But all to say is JC being the president, trying to make all these changes somebody you can trust. It's like there are some suits and people we need to weed out that don't necessarily have the best interests. Yeah to where And when you say, I just want to feel like it seems like somebody has some emergency to this, because again going off the example of the year ten stuff, it always felt like I talked to somebody at eleven in the morning and they're like, they're gonna talk with the lawyer of the first thing tomorrow morning. It's like, why we have hours today, Like I can be signed and going out there and doing this. If somebody, if I just felt like somebody was trying to fight the good fight and figure it out for me, which I agree with all that stuff, it's it's just a it's a dude, fuck the.
Speaker 1: PA in this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just wish he would come around a little bit because you have a strong voice. Yeah, and now we have a pod that's about the boys for the boys, and we want the grades, we want the union. We want the players to be in the best possible position to battle against the ownership and things like that, and we obviously need to fix those flaws in the cuss I would.
Speaker 1: Say, stop paying your dues is the best way to put yourself in the best position.
Speaker 10: Not just kidding, no, no, no, when all this you will if you get if they cut your check for four million dollars, Yeah, dude, like Detroit pays me the money that they that they owed me.
Speaker 9: If you get your money with the PA, he'll be back, Like in Detroit, I'll be waving that fucking flag. No, you bring up a good point. Like, hey, you get in it more, do more stuff, like try to be a part of it. Days did the same thing to me, like hey, you want change, go make it yourself and I and then it kind of goes back to being so solely focused on your career when everything's going well. At that point in my career, everything was going exactly how I wanted it to go, and I thought to myself, why, like just eat this, hate them, and limit distractions and focus on where you need to go with your career. That was, you know, because it's like I've always worked best if I just simplify things. And that was easy for me to simplifize, compartmentalize and be like, okay, move on from that.
Speaker 1: That's gone. It can't you can't do anything about it. It's not worth my time. I have a young kid. I think Taylan was pregnant with Willow at the time, yep. So it was all like.
Speaker 9: Why would I go and add more to my plate when I can just focus on this and in my head like you can make that form million up at the back end, just keep fucking just keep focusing.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously injuries start happening and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: Great that's an unlievableay to think too. Yeah, like to compartmentalize, and then to also think like that in the moment, because I will say, go back. My memory did come back from that. Do you remember watching a couple clips. There are a couple of games of you. You can even pull them up. You can see I remember you weren't a little terror when you came back and back.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I do remember you as nineteen was a good year. I was gonna say, I do remember when he came back.
Speaker 1: I'm like this.
Speaker 10: I get you say fresh legs, this, that the other, but there's a difference between having fresh legs and then then there's that kind of like fuck everyone, I'm gonna show everyone type thing.
Speaker 1: The compartmentalizing that I did see, like I do remember watching I was.
Speaker 9: Like, dude, I appreciate you saying that because I think about my fucking fire when I look back at like my film if I I don't really look like at my film, but I like when I think back about my film, like twenty nineteen and twenty twenty were like my best put together games I've ever played. It was such a I was in flow state for a while it was an angry flow state and it was it was rolling man. But yeah, twenty nineteen, that missed those first four games and then I only played five games in twenty twenty. But I legit thought to myself like I'm really just I'm peaking, like I'm really.
Speaker 1: Ill. I was really going out there.
Speaker 9: And I do appreciate you saying that because I think about that sometimes I'm like, I don't I can't go out and say that myself, Like it's just like then, it's like you're trying to what are you trying to? Just know that, Hey, that's what the briller is here, you know what I'm saying. That's why I got so fired up and making my heart.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn thanks.
Speaker 10: Because because when you when you're talking about the moment, I was thinking, I'm like, I do remember looking at film, like yo, there was that same fucking time because like you didn't come back from injury then this was when you just came back from something like oh it was the fucking man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I remember watching because we were playing some like my teams of watching my gup.
Speaker 10: Like I said, there's a difference in having like the fresh legs going out there playing because sometimes fresh leags.
Speaker 1: Also because it was a little bit of reust and over excitement.
Speaker 10: There was like that, like you said, right flow state, like you had the proper lean and smoking dudes off the ball, and you've always been a unbelievab run blocker, especially for me in a left tackle too, which again you can get the whole debate, but like just purely tackle, I'm not going to put you in a box tackles, mowing dudes off the ball, not being like too far over you over your toes versus like you just we're very balanced, like and not just like from a flow state as you really twelve, but also just like a when you're out in the field. You know the difference, like when you get back in training camp, the first couple of reps you do, oh fuck, I got it. Hey, am I ever going to be the same, Like you're like, you know, you do a kickset and the guy hits you on a bowl rush and there's a quick move off. It's like, ah, I too much weight forward, or the guy bold rushed you and you're on your heels and then your fucking back been It's like, okay, too much my weight back when you go look at the film.
Speaker 9: It takes a little bit to get like that proper weight distribution. I just remember like seeing my guy. Yeah, this guy, I remember that, And you bought up a good point too, of like when you get into a training camp and there's that is that rust when you're in your first couple of years, you're literally thinking yourself, oh no, I can't do this.
Speaker 1: I gets it.
Speaker 9: And then as you get older, you're like then you start to realize that the little tiny details are not doing correctly and you can kind of fix those, like, Okay, tomorrow's gonna better. Make sure you don't do X, Y and Z just pokes on like those two little things. Yeah, I appreciate you saying that that was it was a tough time. It was definitely a tough time. It was an angry time, not so angry anymore. You got off your chest now, so I got it.
Speaker 1: Off my chest. But I do like all that.
Speaker 9: All this conversation to say is j C being on this bus would be awesome to have him on, and it'd probably be very beneficial for me as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it'd be good for him to be on just because you know, you get clips from it. There's NFL guys to see stuff on our brand and things like that, and you can kind of get it out there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, getting jac out there honestly would be really good because Jc's like I said, I I I only trust him until proven otherwise at this point and so far, he's like the last thing I was talking to him, he's working up something that's gonna, I think come on the next week or two, and I'm like, this is like, this is what I'm fucking talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this is what I want a PA president, like you don't even know.
Speaker 10: And then I I call him for something else and then he's like, oh, yeah, I got this thing coming out next week.
Speaker 9: I'm like, that's the fuck I'm talking in JC. That's why I like the great It's like the great thing. It put people on notice.
Speaker 10: Granted, do I think some some guys may have just been like, ah, yeah, like let's just get through this thing, and then other people were trying to great as it was, but it put people on notice and then also gave put the organization and the people within the organization that have their jobs that are like kind of like like you said, cut the weeds a little bit and organizations they kind of put them on notice. But also then I think it gave some of the player's power. Like we said when you go in the training room, like oh, you're just gonna take care of the big name guys and then take the guy's Oh you know, I've heard ah, I've heard a train I'm not gonna say who, and I'm not gonna say if he's there or not anymore, but i've heard him say like, oh, like, why do you need me.
Speaker 1: To do this?
Speaker 9: So you're gonna be gone a couple of weeks their face fuck, yeah, Wow, I'm like that's that's fucked up.
Speaker 10: But now it's nice to hear like here and see like, yo, you can say that. I'm not saying you can't. But great reaction. There's an equal opposite reaction now and we're starting to see, hey, we have our equal on opposite reaction. It's gonna be a great it's gonna come out and that person you said it to, they're gonna probably think about that when they're put that grade in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and whether or not there's a lot of grade in all the grades or not. It was such a moment when it was all coming down, players are gonna speak on it that next year it'll be that much.
Speaker 1: Bet That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Like, guys are probably gonna care a little more and the next thing, you know, it's gonna be a super like dial and then like it's a it's the first iteration of it, like yeah, like any anytime, it's the beginning, Like in two, Like.
Speaker 2: There's front office people and ownership and leadership groups in the organizations that that probably do care, and that just helps give them perspective to move the move the product forward. Because ultimately, you're paying all your dollars to these.
Speaker 9: Individual contractors players that are gonna make your product on the field.
Speaker 2: Do you want to give them as many resources as possible. It's like, you know, if they don't like this training room or this facility or this you know, staff member, they're able to like make an adjustment.
Speaker 10: We'll think about what like like let's I'll just use a strength coach like I do. I love our strength coaches. That's why I'm gonna use them as an example. Like they could be like, oh, we got the best program, we have the best facility. These guys love to do it. And again, who's reporting that to the person in control of you know, employing those people for their job and making sure that that that room has the equipment necessary for their players. So are they going to curate it more for them? There's definitely a bias in that. So then they're like, oh, no, we're good because I'm the source I'm getting it from is telling me so, well, now you have a second dairy avenue. It's like, well, he's telling me it's good. He's telling me it's shit, and the players are saying it's shit and they have a terrible grid on it. Now it might make that person think more, and that's that is the first greatest step you can do, is make them actually think. It's like maybe they are trying, Maybe they are lying. Maybe this isn't the best source of getting from. Maybe you know, like the trainer. I'm like, oh, we have the best rehab stuff. This is exactly what we need. The guys keep getting hurt and have now the curre insense. But now that the player as saying like this fucking sucks, so now it I think it just falls to question more. And I love that because with you know, uh, anytime there's anything that oppose each other, like like the cream always rights to the top. You're like, when you have a battle, it's gonna raise the standard of room. And that's that's I love that about that situation, and it opens a dialogue.
Speaker 1: That's what I love.
Speaker 9: Interesting to see growth mindset between the NFL and college programs because we've had the opportunity to go to a lot of different college programs. You have been traveling, Yeah, we've been moving brother. The facilities in college way nicer, like day and night nicer. Okay, can you can you tell me like what they look like now?
Speaker 10: Like I didn't have a great like Colorado wasn't like the top five, like from a facility standpoint, but like what like what do.
Speaker 1: They do they have?
Speaker 11: Let you know?
Speaker 1: Are you.
Speaker 10: I'm going back to the spring game, but like on it, I've heard the absence free game the twenty twenty eight, Like that's not late.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I felt, Yeah, we'll be out there this this episode comes out Tuesday, we'll be out there Wednesday.
Speaker 1: You guys don't want to go out there on April twentieth. No, we do all we we do, thank you. I'm waiting for them to kind of get four twenty Oh that does get bolder.
Speaker 2: God about that sounds like a good time. Yeah, But we do all of our travel like on Wednesday, get back Thursday, so that way we're going in the week. I mean, you know with a kid, like you're trying to structure to wear home on the weekends. And even for twenty that's that's my man's anniversary, so they'll be going on a little trip.
Speaker 9: You got married for twenty Yeah, because we literally because we thought that was the hell. Yeah, man, noticing they can't.
Speaker 1: This right here. Yeah, we were just at LSU this past week. Oh man.
Speaker 9: The facilities are stupid, dude. They have like doors you walk up to and they just slide open their locker room. They have like lay down locker room.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 9: You walk in, they have all the trophies and you go off to the left and the doors open. Or we have magically like Star Wars. You go lay down in these chairs. They put these like hype videos up for you to watch for recruits.
Speaker 1: They do. They're a top of the line facility. Look at that locker room.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's those look like first class seats and like one of like the biggest it's exactly what it looks like and like an air like one of the nice airplanes. But you go in, you go in, there's literally a guy in the corner his his uh office is just filled with bats.
Speaker 1: He started, Marouchi bats. You can tell the dude is an analytics data guy.
Speaker 9: Talking about analytics, how guys like what we're looking for is like you look at all the top guys and what they all possess, what's a common denominator with them, and that's who they're looking for. Like they are just fucking dialed in over there. Ahead of the game, we talked to Brian Kelly. Brian Kelly had the only kid only do fifteen minutes because he had to go and go the sports science thing because they're trying to make sure their guys are like on like doing all their shit the right way. It's really really incredible.
Speaker 2: And the cool and the cool thing about Coach Kelly, which is the best part of it, he's like, you know, the sports science saying like it's a good vessel and it's a good tool for everybody. It's not the end all be all, but he's like it's important to have these meetings so everybody in all these different departments are speaking the same language. It's not the training rooms doing their own thing, the weight rooms doing their own thing. Some of the strength coaches might have ways for you to rehab versus the training room or any of the mental coaches that they that they have and and uh, it's compensate to bring them on board. Like he wants everybody speaking the same language, so that way there's no discrepancies in the product, which is I think is that's the best part of it.
Speaker 1: That's that's what.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of stuff that happens with us in the NFL, and probably a lot of colleges too.
Speaker 10: Nothing, dude, I think so many people like think the NFL is like the pinnacle, the cream, like the cream of the crop that they have everything like done to a tea. Like sometimes it's a there, it's like chickens with their head cut off running around. I don't think people understand that from an organizational stand point. There's times even on the football field, like at least for me, like I've been in a situation where like I've literally seen Aaron drop like backyard plays. I'm like this in the most pinnacle moment where people like, oh this is where you go to your go to play Aaron will be like, hey, man, you would you like run against that guy?
Speaker 1: Hey, you do that this? And then next thing you know, like everyone's left and like we're lying standing there.
Speaker 10: We had like probably twelve seconds on the clock because Aaron loves burning every fucking second of the game clock.
Speaker 1: Like, so what kind of protection you want, dude?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 10: Just I don't know, like two jed or something, just like go go figure it out. And then he'll like go, my jeesus, n Yeah, it's money and I'll all take that any day. But like I'm looking at this too, and going back to these facilities, I'm like the first thing I'm thinking about for all these guys coming in the league.
Speaker 1: I'm like, boy, you're about to be disappointed. Bro, you are not locked.
Speaker 10: I think it's great, Like here's here's a check and then there's a wooden locker with no pad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see you later. At least that's what I've be.
Speaker 9: When we went to When we went to Michigan, we sat down with coach or Herb, who's like the string coach there, and we're like, hey, what's your program about?
Speaker 1: And he literally brought up this chart. Insane Bro.
Speaker 9: He's like we look at everybody's deficiencies and like then they'd have like color systems to rate it. He'd have number systems, all this stuff. He look sat with us for thirty minutes and broke everything down for us, and we walked away in a way where we're like, yo, we want to put yo, we want to Like if I would I would have been like, man, I should have trained here. He really is just putting shit together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we asked this. I'm gonna play devils afka.
Speaker 10: Is it awesome from an outsider's perspective seeing like oh, I love the level care. But then it gets to a point of like, yo, I'm you know, we're in our thirties now, Like I'm thirty plus. Stop micromanaging me. I know how to do it myself. Like, would that also planifides like dude, leave me alone type thing?
Speaker 1: I know what I'm thinking. Depends on what your goals are. Yeah, it depends on the mindset curity.
Speaker 9: For me personally, I want to find somebody that I completely trust and be like, all right, run the show. Just tell me what to do, and I'm gonna do it as hard as I can. Now, that's a fucking Lineman, Dude, that's the shit I like, I really want just I tell you exactly what to do, go fucking do it. Yes, especially when it comes to like training and stuff. I do not like writing my own programs. I don't like looking at my sk what do I have to do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: I want somebody right next to me being like three sets of eighth here, then you go right here, right there, and you just fucking rip. That is like, agree what I'm all about in that situation as far as like micromanaging, like it'll show somebody's intelligence whether they're working with a twenty one year old or a thirty one year old, because if you have the same program for both those people, you're probably doing something wrong because the load on a twenty one year old you can be way different than if you've got a lot of tread taking off.
Speaker 1: The tires, especially if you're doing the movement too. Yeah, same movement all that. But dude, his focus on mobility, flexibility and like four strength and all.
Speaker 2: That was really say that that's those are the details that like we were more so wowed about.
Speaker 10: Okay, not necessarily whether like here's your day, like you're gonna be here, that I'm like, no, well, you know not like the not the.
Speaker 2: Weight training part, all the stuff with imbalances and like measuring you your range of motion everywhere in all these fosses, your hip capsule and everything else to where your degree your your degree might be very sure, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and there's and there's not like hey, you're deficient in this, we should probably work on that. It's like you're deficient in this, and these are the things you need to do to fix it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you feel like sometimes like in your experience in the NFL, it's like they're just they do it, but it's more like we're just gonna check the box, like with the FMS test, you know, like those little things that you've gotten, Like we talked about getting like a barometer of like okay, let's see like where you're you know, your rear foot valgus varius, whatever the hell they want to find out like in your foot, your ankle, to your need like this.
Speaker 1: Kind of checking bucks back, but what are you really doing with it?
Speaker 10: And I find myself, I guess like I'm going to my eleventh year now, I'm like I hate wasting my time. Yeah, and there's now I've done Groundhog Day for eleven years now. I'm like, been the same hoopla on banter and like I keep seeing refine, we keep doing the same thing expecting different result, like one that's insanity too. I'm like, you're now wasting my fucking time. And we talk we all got kids, Like you can shave off about two hours. I mean, we really wanted to show about three hours my day. I can get home right, I could have my serotonin, my chakras all aline at all time, hibbing with my family, and then I come to work fucking ready to get after it.
Speaker 1: About efficiency like that, that's the thing.
Speaker 10: I just like hearing this thing and talking about getting all this all these barometers and being super efficient and using it as compared to like what I see the league.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, this is just what are we doing? You sounding like he'd be doing something a watsco the air and using all those words shock waves and all that no shockers and just some of those things.
Speaker 2: I think when a team's trying to collect it, they're just trying to get like quantitative data like they're trying to do. They're checking the boxes, but they're trying to overall see the big pictures, they are not necessarily as folks, like.
Speaker 10: What are you doing with it? Like you can, you can gather all the information you want, but what are you doing with it? And if you're just gathering to check a box or like oh because you heard this, Like well do you even know how to use this information?
Speaker 1: Because if you don't, now you just wasted it.
Speaker 10: Like both our time, but like again for them, like they got to be there anyways, like the people work there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think a big contrast of college and NFL is college. You they got those guys three and sixty five all the time, you can work on all that stuff and kind of work through it. I think in the NFL, when you look at the weightlifting programs in the training room, their main goal is to get you to Sunday. So if you're in the weight room, it's not gonna be like, hey, we're gonna try these different movements, like we need to hit these meat potatoes because we only know we're happy for only an hour between this time and that time before you have to go to meetings.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 9: They want to check some boxes rather than and saying make you better is a tough one because it makes it look bad for them, but really it's like we need to make sure these guys keep their strength, stay ahead of the sticks as much we as much as we can for as an amount of time we have with them.
Speaker 10: And then yeah, but being healthy hitting the meat and potatoes is like so if that's what you have, especially we don't have schooled work rounds, like all right, yo for for me, Like, you're not gonna load my backup like a standard Like I can't tell you the last time I put a heavy bar like on my upper neck and then squatted.
Speaker 1: That is not how I rolled. But like we like we're we're going to meet potatoes. We're all gonna do that.
Speaker 10: Like what like no put It's like there's so many different like machines and ways to go around it. Right, that's that type of stuff. Yeah, that's my I'm like what, I don't know, man, Sometimes it's just just that's the way we've always done it. That's what we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I get a tough thing to hear. Oh dude, I get very very annoyed. This has been an incredible podcast. Yeah, this has been a very good podcast. I've really enjoyed every minute of this all right?
Speaker 2: Quick break, Quick break, Duke Cannon. Shout out, no free shout outs to Duke Cannon. The Boys of Duke Cannon are back on the bus and they're here to keep everyone looking good and smelling great. Everyone knows that the off season is the best time to put in the hard work, and Duke Cannon makes hard working grooming goods for hardworking dudes. From their thick body wash to their bigest brick of soap and anti purse prints and deodorance. Duke Cannon has your back and your pits and your face. I have to specifically and personally endorse the coal mining face wash. That is my go to product for the boys, and that's the one you should be picking up whether you're at Target or online. Use code bust and ten at check out on Duke Cannon dot com for ten percent off courtesy of the Boys for the Boys, or pick up your favorite products at your local target retailer.
Speaker 1: Back to the Baktar episode.
Speaker 10: Okay, well here's the question where you can get to that, because we are talking about teeth in fresh miles.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 9: Brother, Yeah, you didn't even talk about it. You shout, you shot like a video and I was like, oh, look at look at here. You didn't even want to recognize it and then eventually didn't like there it is. But why do even brush your teeth? You have faked teeth. That's a good there's no way they can. Oh yeah, thanks to get rolling. Now do you have to do you have to your teeth cleaned? Or do you even call it teeth cleaning?
Speaker 1: Now? What do you mean?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there not real teeth floss? You just call it likes?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 9: Is it kind of like going like an auto body shop again? Like the yeah tune up you had like an oil change for the teeth. I just love sit talking.
Speaker 2: You know why I haven't been to the dentist since I got my teeth butt in, I can tell, which is why.
Speaker 1: One thing I noticed with these pieces is what dude gets caught in it any more? Why would? I'm just curious.
Speaker 9: I we know why. Yeah, it's great dude that you got fucking money. Dude, you have to colorados facilities before, That's what I'm saying. Fuck yeah, I trust me, I've been there. I'm generally curious, Like no, Homa, like I thought you had plenty of fine teeth.
Speaker 10: I'm just kind of curious, like it was just like a person like, you know what this how I like them all with them early whites because I see a bunch of my teammates coming and they said that that was the reason.
Speaker 1: So if that's what is, I'm cool. I respect. I just didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't want to assume. I wanted to ask you directly, like that's a really good question. There's really like not a massive reason.
Speaker 1: There wasn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't have the Colorado facilities. I like, when Will got them, I was like, damn, those things look really stra right now, and we'll be there.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen for those of you watch, we'll be there tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know when Will got them. I liked them a lot.
Speaker 9: And then I see these dudes coming in all the time, and I'm I really thought to myself, why not I just do them straight white? They look good, So I'm just gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't hate it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: Don't they have to like shave them down the nubs though?
Speaker 9: No, it depends if you have to do like I think, I don't know the right word invasive or non invasive. And my teeth were like God's a smaller end. Yeah, had them chick lits. Yeah, he had them a little bit. That that's why I would like out. But mine mine they like just shaved a little bit and then my real teeth are still there. They just put like stuff on it. And that's what I'm scared about, Like I don't want them, but you got nice teeth. I don't have great teeth. Well, I mean like they're not good teeth. Yeah, they're fine, but like I just I don't know.
Speaker 10: I thought was like, yeah, I I never had braces, but I got this like little alligator tooth kind of hanging low, Like yeah, I thought about it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nah, dude, like I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's you thinking about more than anybody. Like I see what you're seeing, but I don't think like that. And that's my part that you think I'll ever get like fake teeth. But I'm just kind of curious.
Speaker 10: Like I know certain guys, I'm like, yo, you need some fucking fake teeth, Like my boy Elton Jenkins, Like I was like, that's I'm so happy as you did because of them fucking bitches. When he came in, I made fun of I called him like a pencil shopper mouth. His ship was fucked up. Yeah, and he also had all the pensilhopper shavings and there they fucking never cleaned his teeth. Oh, I want to say to God, I'm so happy he did. Yeah, he's gonna be pissed me. I'm I'm saying this, he's got great teeth. Now he's like showing it off, like good for you, like you you deserve. Then there's other guys. I'm like, use use an example. I'm like, dude, your teeth are great, Like I don't. I really had to know home. I like started stalking and went back to like you didn't have teeth.
Speaker 1: You got to say that here we're we're pro homo here.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, but like uh, I was like, yeah, I didn't never saw anything wrong with teeth, Like I always thought there was like gott to be like a legit reason. Like guys either got too small teeth they don't have like the gum ratio, or they got fucking Colorado facility, like o g Coloro facility going on.
Speaker 1: I know, No, that's it.
Speaker 9: That is a thing where it's like I I wish I had a good reason to do it, but at the end that they just wanted.
Speaker 1: To keep you to get it, like assim plants or like calfin plants.
Speaker 9: Out about doing my ass a little bit. But I've been doing a lot of ardill s lately.
Speaker 1: Do ardials get glutes? Yeah, they do. I guess I don't do them good. I've been backspoating two I know. So you don't do backspot taxpats like the number one thing. I feel like, but hang on, hang on you you.
Speaker 2: I feel like you were like that at one point in time when we train with dobs and stuff, you were not ever about putting anything on your spine.
Speaker 9: Yes, you're right, so yeah, never, it was never because I'm just saying he had that. I feel like you've just recently. We would always do the safe safety bar lunges, yeah, and stuff doing eccentric lifts.
Speaker 10: So I'll do the bear squad. I just won't put a bar on my back probably more than two twenty five. If it's gonna go above that, you're gonna put the little the one that disperses the way because there's no point putting on my spine. Every time I did it, and then I realized, like, why is my back, keep getting thrown out or getting sucked up.
Speaker 1: I'm not about this. You know what, dude.
Speaker 9: When the reason I stopped putting weight to my back is I would see the older guys not putting way on their back and then always have back issues. And they would always say it's because I did a back squad. It's not good for you, all this stuff. So I kind of bought into that. But Ryan suck up the kicker for the for Tampa Bay. He was at the Titans for a long time. Always had knee pain. Always, always he was always flying somewhere, flying somewhere, getting u what was that stuff called regink? Jenna came, Yes, you would always do that, like, yeah, I feel good. Then a couple months later and I thought he was gonna be done. I would talk to him at the Titans. He'd be like, yeah, I probably got one year. Maybe it was like a year to your thing. He's working out in the same place I'm doing rehab.
Speaker 1: I asked him. I was like, hey, what happened. What happened? Like, does your nee feel good now? It's like my mine feels fantastic, Like what's the biggest difference? He is, Like I started backsquatting, and I never had back pain or anything like that. I've never been a backpain.
Speaker 9: I've had a couple of flare ups here and there, but I've never had like back issues.
Speaker 1: So I was like, let me just do this and it's good for like, you know, when when do you start doing it?
Speaker 9: I leg you well, after this second acl we started back is when like, yeah, once I was able to start loading well, I would put put weight on my back and I did like you know, two seventy five or ten the other day, and I have no back pain or nothing. It's like it helps a lot, it really does. So I don't know something to think about.
Speaker 1: But your load?
Speaker 10: Is it the load or this this year because like I'm not against loading against the actual just old og bar going on my upper neck and loading that thing super heavy like I'll two twenty five is probably the most.
Speaker 9: Well you could probably you do a safety bar squad. Yeah, I get fine, I can do that, and I'll load that thing up like four. You know, it doesn't matter. I'll get that thing up high.
Speaker 10: Like but I just like it because it's not strictly on my spine going straight down before it's like.
Speaker 1: That, I just don't play with the thing that squats do that a lot of those other alternate movements don't do. Is like it works your entire body.
Speaker 9: Like it's quads, it's your glutes, it's your core, it's strengthening your back as well. It's like it's so many things. Now, when you get on a pitch shark and you put the belt around your waist, you're still working your quads, but now you're missing you're missing the core, you're missing the back, You're not getting as much.
Speaker 1: What's a bear squad? The one that goes over you like your shoulders. You ever been that thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Squad?
Speaker 10: Uh kind of you know the one that like you can like load weight up on here and you like you stand up on it and like you pop that thing, drop it down. Then you just do some squats and the weight's going over your shoulders. And then you have like the you're talking about where you stand like.
Speaker 2: It's a coat comes across like this goes across your neck and you hold you hold it, hold it like right here, or you can put your hands in front, go up, go up.
Speaker 9: I think I just saw this right here. Yeah, exactly that. Yeah, the Kaiser machine the Kaiser machine. Yeah, the Kaiser machine is great and it's air, so like you get.
Speaker 10: Okay, but there's there's one that actual weight like that act like I've used that, and I've used the weight one.
Speaker 9: Any type of machine workout you're doing, it's isolated. So if you're doing like a bench press on a machine where the place on the side and you're holding it, you're taking out the stability you would use in your shoulders. The same thing with this would go is you're now taking out the core aspect of it as much because you don't have to stabilize when you walk a right because it's fixed. Okay, So because it's a fix. If we do safety safety bar squad and normal back like backswade, now we're playing the same game. You're playing a similar game, and you're not necessarily playing the same game because the safety bar squad it still comes over and it's more stable. But there is that point of like when you're getting down, you have to ignite everything in here to go up and down, you know. And I'm thinking at a turn a little bit because I'm not a professor. I'm not I don't know this stuff professionally.
Speaker 1: It's what I've bar in the back squad.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the similar of like going to a front squat. It just kind of changes where the load.
Speaker 9: Is going to be on right, yeah, right, Like if on squat's always more like that's you guys like to load more on your back or your front right now?
Speaker 1: For me in my front, I didn't. I'm up for both, brother, how much how much time you got, buddy? Yeah, I'm sorry that was right now because I have I have some some low back. Yeah, Will's got Will's got a little s I deal. Yeah. Yeah. Do you have you ever followed knees over toes?
Speaker 10: I follows the account. Yeah, I started doing it when I heard that. He said he felt really good from that.
Speaker 2: I asked him, and then he's like, yeah, I did that thing and that's what like put me over, like put me back to where I was.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 9: So, and he's slowly like the like sign up for stuff though, so like I just kind of look to sign up for it.
Speaker 1: There's some good news. He wants to come on the bus, So I think he's gonna come down a visit for a couple of days of that workouts with him. You should come, I would love that. Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 9: I think it is in his you know, progression program. I'm gonna be pissed if you guys don't. Yeah, definitely will who will hold on when? Though I don't know, I always a little bit I gotta go back from that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll make sure it's in the summer. We can do. That comes in during O T s and we don't have a choice. Yeah, do you ever come? Do you ever come during the weekends? Dude? I mean day, name your day, I'm coming. Yeah, Hey, oh I'm gonna come. That was actually dare come, I'm gonna come. I think you're trying to send me up. Are you talking?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Hars are you doing? Was that Hillary? Or yeah, dare come? Don't you come? I'm gonna come?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I saw another good meme that's that, and it's like, Yo, these DJ beats be going crazy and this they kept building up being don't you, dare come, don't you? And then it gets building up and then all of a sudden, four drops you see, don't I'm gonna come?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I've seen that same video. That's funny, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he what I was saying is his progression is he ultimately not get you into backsquading, but there's so many stages that he has to where you're kind of like taking care of your body as you're progressing to like a backsquad or anything.
Speaker 10: I've been falling like some of the things like for to be Alice. Yeahah, I've been doing a bunch of those, and now more i've been. I look at his lunch thing, and like he says progressions, I get to one, I guess is like pain free.
Speaker 1: I've been walking backwards a ship ton just like.
Speaker 2: You probably get walking back. We'll probably give you access to all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. He definitely extremely innovative.
Speaker 9: But I'm anxious to hear what do you have to say about this because I was talking to some PT people, third party PT people, and they're like, that stuff's not good for athletes. It should be just training where they're at, Like, if you're in a stance, you shouldn't go below ninety degrees. I didn't ask too many more questions because I really didn't know. I told you I'm not going to say I say because I have a lot of respect for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's places in the programming to where when you get closer to training for sport, you get more of any sports specific stance. But I think when you get in the first part of the off season, like the first sixteen weeks are going up into OTAs, is the time to work on your range of motion, your mobility, like finding big ranges to work in, because you can get a guy who is more sports specific and they never go below there and they have whatever on the back, let's just use back squad, and when you narrow their stands or make them go lower, they'll more so crumble because they're not built.
Speaker 1: They don't have the stability to go down that low.
Speaker 2: Now, if you take somebody who's been developing more of a more of a narrow sports specific stance that goes as to grass, once you get more into we're not going below ninety, you get it maybe a little bit wider stands than everything else. Their numbers are gonna flourish because they've been built from the foundation to build out like their range of motion.
Speaker 10: I think both of you guys are actually right because think about it, like what makes sense on a simple equation. You strengthen where you're gonna be working, You protect yourself and you are stronger, so you don't put yourself in commradise position, go your way, And that I believe too is football is a very chaotic sport. You're gonna be at some point caught right out of commer spot somewhere. Don't let the first time be when you're caught and you don't know how much force, because then then it's like the variability goes into play. You don't know how much force there, so then it comes into that which that's how I've also trained too, is like getting the spots you a little uncomfortable and strengthen those areas for the chance, so then you own where you are strong and then when you're not, at least you have the reaction the reaction point the same thing. Like neurologically, there's a there's a couple of times like I'll always end that I was told like always end when you're fatigued doing a bunch of stability stuff because you're unstable, that's when things like that's where bad things can go. Yeah, yeah, then the neurologicy and also just like get in that last little bit of a conditioning and the muscle, like how can it perform once it's so fatigue, Can you still lock it in and be stable?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say when we were doing that triphasic stuff too, that one summer when we're at Bandy and you're doing more you know, eccentric for the first few weeks, then the isometric for the second part of the programming, and then in the third party was concentric, and then like peaking going up to the training camp was more of like being in all those very sports specific for those last few weeks just to create more.
Speaker 1: Forces is really really good. That was actually Rex right who wrote this program.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rex is kind of the genius behind of the programming. Dobb is just you know, Dobb's just the boy. Dobb knows his shit. But Rex is like the mad little scientists behind. Yeah, studying a lot of the Nordic ham string.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 10: I love anytime you're a mad scientist, or like anytime you're trying to think around the corner it comes to health performance, Like I actually gravitate more truth, yeah, because like what you've already done, like, yeah, that's good for now, but like I'm trying to be what's next. Yeah, I'm trying to always like get back, you know the way.
Speaker 2: That they think, they adapt in their thinking, like maybe something's not working at that moment. You know, they're going to go into their little lab and try to figure something out to make you to help. Maybe it's an alternative that you don't want to say. You don't want to load your back, right, he doesn't want to work in this capacity, Like let's find alternatives.
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna adapt in their things.
Speaker 10: Let me just ask this, like, do you want a doctor that graduated in fucking nineteen eighty two that looked the eighty two textbook and now is like cutting you up?
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, that's that's what I knew and he was a stud then.
Speaker 10: But I'm like, look, how much like how much more information and how much better technology has gotten the last what is that almost forty years? So would you still want to rely on that guy or like the new upcoming dude who's like, oh, we learned that this is a better way to go about it and this is and like I would be like, Okay, I don't want like the fresh guy like hey, this is my first time doing it and I probably from this, but like sweet spot, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: That sweet Maybe that old guy if he's adapted his thinking and got with the times versus strictly being Neil Latrosh.
Speaker 1: He's, hey, yeah, that's a dude. That is my guy. Dude, I fucking love Elatrosh. He he's he's a stud. Like he's got like that just like it.
Speaker 10: And I was like pissed because when I first met I, when I finally met him, like damn, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Should have met you earlier because you are like what the first time I got that. That's why I did my guy in Green Bay, Pat McKenzie.
Speaker 1: And he's awesome.
Speaker 10: And I don't discredit anything from what like this isn't me alluding to any of this like up and downs with my injury because of him. He was awesome by like I know, like after sitting with Neil, damn, like, yo, you you're tight. I was a little like wary because I just didn't know. But like now that you know again, you live and you learn. H'm like Nils, he's had that swag about him.
Speaker 1: Swag. He's got that look.
Speaker 9: I've said it before, like he looks like he's got a little bit of work done, but it's a classy amount. He's got a calm confidence about him, Dude, you when you talk to him, he like he doesn't react talk to you. He digested it for a second and then he comes in with something that blows you away. Very smart, extremely confident, but a great dude. I'm a huge I cannot say enough good.
Speaker 1: Things about that.
Speaker 9: I I That's how I told him with him too, and that's why I like, like after I was like, yeah, yeah, definitely, you.
Speaker 1: Guys make me want to just go get random knee surgery, but you didn't. He didn't have to be just in general, Yeah, John's he does it all, fix everything. He's he's the fucking top dog man. He really is the best in the game. No, so all all the stuff that you've everyone has heard about him, but he's like that. He's like that where he's like always thinking towards the future and what did you did you do so with them? Yeah this past one? Yeah, so did you not see?
Speaker 10: Like when you sign one of the forms, it's like, hey, I'm going to be using some of the things I've learned my.
Speaker 1: Own prietary way.
Speaker 10: You're agreeing that you're okay with me doing some of his ways that he's learned from, Like, hey, after doing so much like, I'm just gonna perfect this, right, I can do what the old thing was, Like, I really like, I respect like people that that do that.
Speaker 1: So I noticed a massive difference. He's been there, you go all the time. Dude, he really is good. I'm glad you did give him plug Neil's study. Yeah, the boy man met you one day.
Speaker 9: His whole crew is awesome people people he works with, like the the rehab people out there, they're great, awesome, awesome man.
Speaker 1: It's only that he's in la and that's the only thing.
Speaker 9: I'm like, God, I know, but it is nice to visit La. Is you get to the weather, great food, and you're such a warm weather guy. I can't like it's still kind of like frustrating.
Speaker 10: Does frustrate me a little because I'm like this again, i haven't been here for a full year yet and we're getting back to like Okay, I'm here, but like it's not that bad. And I remember I remember talking to you like, oh, I gotta be something like you know, I I know you're from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, dude, first of all, fuck Arizona. That heat. No fucking you.
Speaker 2: Could have said it differently. You could have said it that there. I feel the same way. I remember I went the like so Daniel money lives out there, and I remember I went fucking boy Dan, by the way, that's I know that's your guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, uh yeah, I got again. When when you're like in like my really close, I got it. That's like og og guy. I remember going visit and it was a summer and I'm like, fuck this, I got a bachelor party. I gotta go out there in June and I'm dreading it. That's one of your friends for going out there in June. Like, listen, you made enough money, you go out to Arizona. Told you I got like a couple of guys og that these are like childish friends hanging your money.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about you.
Speaker 9: Like there ain't no reason to be in Arizona between the months of late May to October.
Speaker 1: Ain't gotta do it. Shouldn't do it.
Speaker 9: You're a bad person if you do do it. If you go late October, who probably around right now, it's the best weather ever, Sun's suns out every single day. People are driving nice vehicles because they can't because there's no rusting going on there. Because it's a dry climate. You don't have a bunch of sea salt coming in. There's no salt in the road from the winter. Having a great time. There's great events out there. You got spring training, fun fucking times. You want to go in the mountains. Brother, drive an hour and a half north. You get four seasons up there. Got your donut.
Speaker 1: I am not going to sit here and let you have so few in Arizona. Get the Arizona pull it out. How many times you've been, how many times you've been, You're gonna go.
Speaker 9: So you're saying, like my mom dated a firefighter up and Payson, we used to go up there, all calm, all right, But you're you're telling me like, hey, ski season, I'm gonna go to Flaxman look instead of like huh you know, like uh, maybe go to like probably maybe maybe go to the Rockies fifty one degrees look look up and look it up in uh in January February.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, image weather. I think it's fantastic. Love it. I don't think it's I mean, I don't think it's terrible. A lot of the boys would disagree black stuff at all.
Speaker 10: Again, I'm compared to Green Bay, Like, I know, ship weather, you want to kind of see ship weather.
Speaker 1: You can hang out different.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that's also you could have probably the best trading program in the world in Green Bay. People still aren't going to stay there. No disrespect to people in Green Bay. The people you do it there. You guys are built different.
Speaker 1: But I'm not Taylor's prose shine guy. No, I know, I remember remember shining guy. Than I am prois.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it's that lack of sun here though for me. See, we got some of the boys, they get like sea sort of depression. You guys, do they buy the stock there? Mike, Mike, the weather's not bad, but it's just gray all the time. And yes, no sun. And you want a perfect example right now, look outside, Okay, go look at the weather for Sunday to Thursday next week. So you're you're telling me these three days like that's it. I gotta move like I can't. I can't do full time.
Speaker 9: It's April. Now, what are we talking about? Okay, when I first got your nuay, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you talking about us? It was, oh my god, I will take I will take gra will take gray over like one time talking about the winter season. Experience every season to the fullest degree. Here we can get snow, we can get here, we get humidity. You don't experience fall in spring. You get three weeks both of those. What oh brother, no, no, no, my god. Weeks are amazing, but a full grab grab it the emotion.
Speaker 9: No fall here, you get fall here, I'm saying you, but you don't get the full experience of all that.
Speaker 10: No, I disagree because I saw I've seen photos and my wife who came out here green Bay. You No, I'm not saying. I'm saying green Bay like they're like, fall is gorgeous. The worst thing about it is that when the leaves turn, it drops so quick. Here they at least stay for like double amount of time, Like talking six to eight weeks to get this color.
Speaker 1: This color is beautiful.
Speaker 9: Six to eight weeks. God, yes, definitely get on. It starts dropping in October. By the end of November, that's a week, week week.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Yes, I'll take that.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying. Like Greeny, it's like because it gets so cold so quick. Here's what I don't Like, here's what I don't like. Why are we even talking about Green Bay. We're talking about nice nice ship. Look because I fucking I love Yeah, I love Nashville. I fucking love I love Nashville. If there is a negative of Nashville, it's the weather, point blank.
Speaker 1: It's not that sunny. It rains a lot.
Speaker 9: And listen, when it's sunny, it's phenomenal. Those couple of saturdays we had at the pool. You you ain't beating that.
Speaker 1: It's like seventy degrees sons outside. We're happy to say.
Speaker 3: If you go to your Twitter in the last month, like half your tweets are like, weather's phenomenal in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 9: Though last week it was great, this week ass before that, before that great.
Speaker 1: I love this, I love this, and now we have this next week amazing. It's gonna be fucking amazing. I feel like I'm part of the p A right now, like the way getting mad, Like I feel like you're young Homer right here.
Speaker 9: Brother, you literally said, Arizona, if you could live here in the winter time, you would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I didn't have to pay for anything, if everything was perfect in this world, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean that, it doesn't mean that he's bad. Just want to live in Arizona.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying, Arizona rips at that time with the time you're going brother, your friends fucked up.
Speaker 1: So I'll say this sweet all the time. I'm not saying Arizona. Arizona is bad at all.
Speaker 10: I do agree there are some good times overall when I'm like, and this is this came like I legit asked my wife Frank. I was like, yo, like, do you want to go live in areas? We were just trying to find a place to live in Arizona came up and we looked. I had studied like the weather reports that I was going to be on the season because I'm like, anyone can listenwhere when it's nice, what happens when the ship hits, like when you get the shitty weather, and then that's what kind of started like drawing here. I'm like, this ain't that bad, Like you don't have like that those low flows, like the tornado thing, like that's the only thing that kind of freaks me out being a California guy, which I'm sure if I talk earthquakes, you're like, what the fuck but I'll say, like I was in California, California says like the pinnacle of weather. But albos LCAs, I mean you start throwing all the other stuff. Yeah, exactly, taxes lie the people. You can find your little clicks of like good people, but overall, like I can I say, California, especially southern California, is like when you're prom king and prompt queen, you got a ticket, one way ticket to California. Everyone thinks that this is their road. It's there, like they have the right of way, they get to go through the door. No one says please, like it's just so hard to like. It pisses me off, like come in here, like someone just holds it open for me. That's so like I'm not asking you to hold doorpin, nor do I need to, but if my hands are full, they're at least acknowledging that and doing that and saying please and thank you yes or no, they're like, ugh, like I give me a little bit of rain, Like I'm cool with that because like in La yeah, I get great weather, but come summertime too, that shit kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm not a huge fan of super hot weather. And I was also living in the valley and that's kind of desert y. It's hot, But I do know Arizona, Like that's a different type of heat. It's hot taught us like the South. Again, I'm sure, like there's two months here. I haven't experienced summer yet, but I'm sure that the swamp summer is fucking tough, right, You get like, is it that bad?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, it's like anywhere you've been where it gets humid and it's a Missouri humidity though, because like I've dealt with some like terrible Misouri humanity, I've also seen similar.
Speaker 1: It's similar.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a there's a couple of weeks in the summertime you're like, hey, this is pretty tough to deal with bugs.
Speaker 1: And compared to Arizona.
Speaker 10: Uh like Arizona Arizona like summer heat versus like Tennessee or Nashville, it's a totally different Which one's worse.
Speaker 9: I think there's there's pros and cons to both. I think when you're talking strictly weather, just the weather Arizona is worse. You bring in and this is and the longevity of the heat is worse. Now the thing that would bring Nashville up to the worst category is when you when you add in the bugs and all that.
Speaker 1: Bad of the bugs. I don't it gets fucking pretty bad. It's pretty bad. Ain't like that, but it's it's like it's kind of annoying. It's annoying, like you always gonna have some sort of prayer.
Speaker 8: Bad.
Speaker 1: They're out they're out here. It succulent blood. I know those motherfuckers love this ship. I'm I'm worried. Oh they're out They're out there. I'm worried they're out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're out there. They're gonna get your ass for sure. But we're talking a very short span of time. So like you would still put Arizona at that. One thing that I would give grace to in Arizona is you catch some shade. It drops like ten fifteen degrees right there because it's so dry, it's boom boom.
Speaker 1: I can't, you can't. One thing. I'll give days you catch some shade.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean where in Arizona, bro, and your car is outside and you go to get in there, you you better pray to God that little buckle doesn't touch your skin because you're getting third degrees.
Speaker 1: It's gonna fucking hurt.
Speaker 2: Like I'm legit, Like when I went to go visit, like the whole like put your that thing and the little suns same thing, like they actually have to do it because the sun's that bad.
Speaker 10: I'm like, damn, Like that's a that's a different breed. Like I've dealt with like heat like in California, like it's hot. I never put that thing. I'm like, all right, my car's can be a little hot, so be it. But like if you don't, your car is fucked. Yeah, or even like it'll damage like the like the what what would you call it? The dash of your car? Like see, that's where I'm like, yo, like not to mention we're big guys, fuck that, I'm not. I'm not just gonna be sweating all. I hate sweating. I'd rather be in cold weather than hot weather.
Speaker 1: That's where we different.
Speaker 10: I'm an air on being cold than hot. Why I got all of skin still in a little pigment?
Speaker 9: You do?
Speaker 2: You have a great little I just went to Hawaii. I got a little extra Also, good for you, humble brag. I know, I am yeah, I kind of felt I'm like yeah.
Speaker 9: Which brings me to another point, like, you don't got to live somewhere year round. I mean for your kids, Yeah, not necessarily. What do you gonna do have them go to different schools? No home you get homeschool. You can do a whole bunch of stuff. And your kid's young. I want to find somewhere I can just entrench myself. Which I love that too, finding a culture and living in it. Yeah, that's the move for sure.
Speaker 1: I love that. Now let me pause this real quick. You Arizona a little hard? No, I didn't. I don't think he did. He has brother. Arizona's not that sweet, now, no, I will. You are not that good. Arizona is not that good? What about it?
Speaker 2: Arizona's not that sweet? Just all the brown, Like, it's just not that. Every every building looks in the dirt in that yeah, every building.
Speaker 9: People say that to me. But I with like, sunsets are amazing. I love the like the cat die, I I mess with that vibe. That's Arizona, Nashville, Arizona. Wow, there's some nice ones really close. I don't know the colors here.
Speaker 1: Colors you are great.
Speaker 9: Obviously you haven't caught a Google Google the images, Jack, google the images.
Speaker 1: This is the amount you're gonna did you catch?
Speaker 9: You catch a silhouette of a desert landscape under a purple and gold sky. There's a lot of plus in Arizona, a lot of plus. I do like that that brown look though, I think that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I can get. I can get.
Speaker 2: I understand it like that, Like you said that right there, Like that's based on photos. It looks like as he has the sunset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that is the thing that plays into it too, Like there's a lot of a lot of flourishing trees around here.
Speaker 1: You can see further kind of getting better.
Speaker 2: Midwest has better people than the West Coast, Midwest, Southern.
Speaker 1: I don't he's bringing Missouri into place. I don't know who.
Speaker 2: You get more hospitality around here than you. Arizona is a lot of you know, it's everybody's done up out there. Everybody's got the cars. It's like it's similar to.
Speaker 4: Like in l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this the third photo in that's a bond Terra sunset right there, which one Missouri right there here. Let's go, buddy, that's that's from the top of the chat. Though. Yeah, I mean yeah, I guess. I mean, yeah, you know, I think there's a lot of there's there are a lot of friends. You just wouldn't. I just I just don't think you'd survived in Missouri.
Speaker 3: Just tell me why we can talk after you wanted to bring this up now, No, that's so I wanted to say, all right, that's fine. Yeah, hey, Jack, you talk about you would survive inter I would, but you wouldn't, I will.
Speaker 1: Yack, Jack, I agree with Will. Yeah, you're just mad because the whole Arizona thing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: You're still heated. I'm with Will. Why though, exactly?
Speaker 9: I just don't think you're built for Bonteraire. That's okay, man, I think you'd be built for Bonteraire. Yeah, you're building.
Speaker 1: What was the capacity of like your town, Like, what was the population? Four thousand undred? Small town? I don't want to live there. I don't know what said. No, I was gonna say, maybe a couple of thousand higher. Now we got to stay prison.
Speaker 9: That's why you chose, That's why you chose Nebraska. Then, man, we were an hour away from that.
Speaker 1: He said. The closest city was an hour away, Like legit not, let's.
Speaker 3: Pel like this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I'll say this. I'd really choose Arizona than that. I didn't work down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's R and B. That's R and B s right there on the right, bro. You were you were right? Yeah not survived?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait what is the pop too damn hard to live? Like we're growing look at that and living the population of kve cree uuickly we jumped. That's probably when the state of prison came a little increased. I'm telling you. Oh, then we went down. Yeah, but you're basically Scottsdale. Yeah, it's a good location.
Speaker 2: You're Yeah, you have the small town you get you get to say five thousand. But you guys are you guys.
Speaker 1: Are a lot of people around. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I could imagine playing high school football for you too. Like you guys had to always practice either at night, right.
Speaker 1: We were just the state, No, not a cave three. We would practice at two pm. They would be that was even a loud, brutal Yeah, like there was like, yo, you cannot even nice school.
Speaker 9: I went to the catch shows in nice school. The football programs are definitely different. Chaparo football program nighttime, nighttime practices. We would literally go up north for camp and stuff like that. They had They have more money obviously, but dude, kind of like that.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 9: We went to State my sophomore were a whole town shut down those signs up there. Gone to State like it was, It's fucking awesome and you like the uh the Instagram photo I sent that Prince of Mukamara, he's from Arizona and of how Scottsdale in Phoenix is the area. How they oh that shit was funny, threw all the lines and said, what was there? Yeah, I was looking at Kate Preek was in there, but it wasn't. I know, it's kind of like Northern I just missed it. But yeah, dude, Arizona rips and I fucking mess with the messed with the dirt. I know that is more of an acquired taste, so I can definitely understand why you guys don't like that.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of positives.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of love to hear some out of your mouth because you've been kind of coming hard. I'm trying to get you moved there in the wintertime. I'm trying to get will to live in Arizona in the wintertime.
Speaker 2: Fuck Florida's nice to live up a good spot with Florida. A lot of goods, Yeah, a lot closer and you and there's more green yeah, because yeah, it rains. It's not close to Cabo.
Speaker 1: Or Vegas. Key West or No.
Speaker 9: I fucked with key West Bay time we moved to Key West. Yes, we all bro we would not get one guest.
Speaker 1: That's fine, we don't need them. The West Florida, it's all fucking time. You've been a Key West. I don't think I have. I'm not a Florida. I I live in California. So island like the Islands to what four miles long.
Speaker 9: It's tiny, dude, Like there's an airstrip and then the it's like cutting Heffer's the airport than the rest of the town.
Speaker 10: I haven't had great experiences in Florida overall. I've been there maybe like four or five times. Again, I haven't been to Key West, but the times I went, I'm like, yeah, no, I definitely can check this off the place I ever want to live.
Speaker 1: California. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 10: The community there was the worst I've ever experienced. I remember like coming out in my like Glorida just to immediately fog up. I'm meanly, I walk outside like, I'm a what month did you go? I guess it was like middle summer, like spring break summer.
Speaker 1: Like I just they just doesn't know how to travel. Guys get fogged up. I mean, like on Arizona in June. We'll see what that's like. Florida.
Speaker 9: I remember going also out to Florida too, and it was for my brother in law's bachelor party.
Speaker 10: It was like overcast the entire time. Even went to the Okay, so I remember being in Florida for the Pro Bowl. That's when we met for the first time. It was overcast the entire time. I'm like, what, Like, I never did they call the Sunshine State.
Speaker 1: It just fucking rain. It was rainy. I'm like, this is fucking ship weather.
Speaker 9: Like what.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 9: I was like in Candon State. I'm I'm with you on like Florida, but you get down those keys.
Speaker 1: Brother, again, I've never been. I can't speak.
Speaker 9: I'm talking tropical vibes. It's like everyone's a little more chill. There's like chickens running around and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's cool. It's a cool fucking setup. Here's another thing, again, I may I may seem.
Speaker 9: Like a negative guy. No, you kind of seeming negative right now? I know what I like, and I'll pose it's like, I'm not a sand sand guy. You're a late guy over beach. Fucking ten out of ten oh a.
Speaker 1: JP, Hey, we got a conversation. I can't lay guy, late guy over beach.
Speaker 10: Like over beach Like first of all, I can never live in a beach town because it's too sleepy for me. Like that's exactly the shot I needed you to take too. And I'm saying, like even throw like do I do I think it's nice? Do I like to go visit all that stuff? Could I actually live there? Who are you hanging out with?
Speaker 4: Hang on?
Speaker 1: Now, let a tough upbringing tall like overall, like, I just I just don't. I don't. I don't really appreciate, Like, uh, I just don't. I don't. I don't like beach town.
Speaker 10: I don't like the I will visit the beach town vibe, Like you can give me a beach two weeks out of the here for like a spring break for the kids.
Speaker 1: Butter than that.
Speaker 10: If you didn't never, if I never saw sand I would be totally cool. That sand gets ever gets in your fucking crack, get some place you don't want to be. I'm assuming with kids gonna be a fucking nightmare to fucking get it out. It gets in your car, if it's in my bed, that's what throws.
Speaker 1: The bed part.
Speaker 9: I can get what I can get off the bed. Bro, Just wait for your kids get older, because they'll come and lay in bed with you.
Speaker 1: Like the crumbs everywhere, and you go to bed at night and.
Speaker 9: For whatever reason, your wife's side perfectly fucking clean, and you got all them damn crumbs in my bro, like.
Speaker 10: Any little bit of like sand, like just that little thing I'm changing. I'm changing, like my my sheets. I don't give that ship. I also say, you love the leg vibe. Them'll take a by better, like being on a boat with the guys.
Speaker 1: Need I take that. Do you believe that there's such thing as a boat wave? Yes, just like there's a jeep wave that is out here that I realized that with only Wranglers is the worst podcast we've ever done.
Speaker 9: Yes, Oh my god, I was driving someone through it. Him I'm like, I don't know that it's definitely a jeep wave. I've been on a I was also there's a boat wave.
Speaker 10: It's just like in golf, like you know, you passed them one and like you have that awkward thing where you're not really going very fast and you're kind of fast and you're just like, hey, I'm having a good day.
Speaker 1: You're having a good day, golf guy. I'm trying.
Speaker 9: I'm bad, but I'm like, oh, I'm trying to turn the boy. We're just gonna be a collective. We're trying to get this bust and busting golf. We just started some merch with a golf clus and golf club and it looks really good. It seems like something I want to put on. But I'm not about the clubs.
Speaker 1: He's not. But I think we just got to get out there for you don't have to be like a club guy, like a country club guy. I am very against country clubs. Yeah, I mean, I I don't.
Speaker 10: I'm again, I'm not gonna like say like I don't like counchry clubs, but I also will say you're a part of Richland.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be the dude that's going to be like going on there every time.
Speaker 1: John it up like that's where I'm sending my days Like that's not bro.
Speaker 9: The only reason to be a part of a country club is to be over there on a consistent basis.
Speaker 10: I want a golf at a good place that I know I can get a fucking time. That's six minutes from my house, That's why. And apparently they have good you know some brunches on weekends every day.
Speaker 1: They have they have brunches, they have good weight room, oz, they have spas. They have a nice set up and also have daycare.
Speaker 10: So when you have dad time and get the kids, you can bring them there and your wife doesn't know what mischeman. Now you can give it to them and let them watch the kids while you go play eighteen drinks with the guys in And.
Speaker 1: It's a real boy club in there too. Here's where I'm against Rich, here's the niggas.
Speaker 8: Come on.
Speaker 1: I've been very no. I just have one question, one question before you get into it, is that is Rich on the one Ben Jones is in? Ben Jones is there? Okay?
Speaker 9: But when we were on the Vegas trip, Ben was selling me on it and I was like, Hey, this Richland place seems Richard's vibe. I've been a Richmond a few times. I did a pool day with the kids there and stuff like that. And they got good ass food too. I was shocked with that most counch club as I'm like, I'm paying to like top dollar. I got the shift food they got it wasn't bad. They got a room down in the basement, dimly lit. Guys smoke cigars in there, talk shop, tell war.
Speaker 1: Stories I have. I've been there. I've been there while I was there for Rally on the Runway. Get off that hill I was. I was rally on the Runway. Is like it was a charity event that I went there for. And I've been there a couple of times, like for tom One on them because they're they're members, not yet, but I do want to. You're just looking into this you need to do? Yeah, looking into it.
Speaker 10: Be a counch club with a couple of your buddies and then at least for me, like I don't do I need a social that everyone.
Speaker 1: I could get it like cool.
Speaker 10: I meet someone and I come from some great but I'm not like joining it, Like I look at a hundred club is basically like.
Speaker 1: You pay for your friends. Let's let's call spade of space. Thank you.
Speaker 10: That's a phrase I use all. I love screaming at chicks and yell at them when they're doing the whole thing. Oh I get that's a cult story.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 10: But like you just yelled the mag you pay for your friends, they're standing there doing the whole chap. Oh yeah, but like women, Yeah no, but you you get like you get a couple of your buddies. You join the same country club and golf all the time. It's like, hey, we're gonna meet, Like I don't care to play with like random people. I will, but like I just want to play with like my buddies that way, Like I didn't. I don't know, Like I said, I have enough friends. I don't if I meet more great, but like good, I want to play with people like I enjoy being right, not like being forced.
Speaker 9: Here's my negatives. Uncountry let's go boys. I think Richland rips. I think it's a cool ass spot. I've been there a few times. It's fun. However, country clubs to me are very pretentious. I feel like they think they're better than you, and I cannot stand having to you can and can't wear certain article articles of clothing that bugs the fuck out of me. If I can't just show up and jim shorts and a T shirt, Like, what are we trying to prove your boys? Can we just fucking hang out? Because at the end of the day, a lot of people at country clubs are doing degenerate shit. Anyway, I being a bunch smoking a bunch on the course acting crazy.
Speaker 1: Can I can I tell you your answer? Then go ahead? You're a Discovery property guy. Have you ever heard of that? Yeah, Truba to I know, no, shoes doesn't matter. Dress world is it's the epitome of boys. Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 9: You're gonna be spending a lot of money. But like the comfort stations are Have you ever been to any of them?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: I haven't go go to one because whatever I say, it's not even gonna do a justice there. Confrontations blow anything I've ever had out of the water. And like there's legit coolers at every single tea box you pull up to and shot Like, what is this called again called the Discovery property? I've heard the one that Ernest talked about it in the podcast once the one chase Rice and games.
Speaker 9: They're all out there like chases out there. It's literally like it's kind of like what's that fucking spot that opened up? That's like more of an.
Speaker 1: Art more of country clubs like degenerate.
Speaker 9: You want to be your epitome of like the boys degenerate golf with like no rules, like it's discovery about that.
Speaker 10: That's literally you wear a T shirt, tank top. It's fucking golf with without your fucking shoes, Like you just do whatever you want. And the food there is unreal. I've been to like I think two or three of their one in San Diego as well. Right there's there's one in San Diego. They just bought one in Tahoe. There's a couple in Mexico that doing one in Cappo right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like I know w witness uh he had bought one down that down there, and I forget which one, but it's dude, like you it's unreal. Again you're painting on the leg too, Yeah, but it's it's fucking like it's worth it if you're saying, like that's exactly needed vibes I have with golf too, Like I feel like golf, I've the same phrases all the time. Is like it's for people that have made it, and to me, it's like that's so much time to spend on other things I could be doing other than that. I have a hard I have a really hard time doing as much as I do with this bus and like balancing family life, family and work life, because are so many things that I want to like accomplish, and there's other things I have that I want to do too, Like I love aviation, I want to learn to fly. I want to I want to do that, and like how would I pick one of the one of those too? I want to do fun ship and so golfing to me is like I'm just never really been about golf.
Speaker 1: Have I golf before? Yes? Is it fun times?
Speaker 9: Yeah, But like it's not one of those things I'm like, I gotta make sure and get back here this week.
Speaker 10: Or just yeah, just by by simulator. Yeah, but dude, I'm trying to think of and you have made your whole house. You sound like a simulator guy. Just by simulator They're awesome, I think the ones I just used one recently. Again, I'm not a big golfer. I'm learning to like this guy had a really like my neighbor has a really nice one.
Speaker 1: I used it.
Speaker 10: I'm like, oh, this is like pretty much everything fell exactly like golf, except obviously the pudding's a little different. And you can get be a hi eighties nineties golfer just doing that, and then you can and that's way easier. You can choose whenever, whenever, Like I don't have a problem like like going back to the country.
Speaker 9: I don't have a problem like paying for stuff like Discovery Sick the Soho house set up that seems dope too.
Speaker 1: I've been there a few times. That's awesome.
Speaker 9: It's when the country club comes into play, and like, I mean, you look at the stuff like you see cat Is you grow up on a movie like Caddish act, Like I don't want to be Like, there's.
Speaker 10: Not one thing you're saying about a country club that I disagree with because I have those same problems too, just like I have a problem with living in gated communities. Dude, Yes, that's again, it's a stigma. It's just a weird thing that I have a hard time I get home. Awesome difference, Thank you, Okay, I'm glad man, fuck your safety, dude. I am not about the nity. Thank you, But I again, I don't think what you're saying, and I don't disagree at all with that country. I think it's just something I think I've like you know, I as well. I think it's good for the long run and gift for Like you know, there's things like Frankie, I don't have to build a tennis where like Frankie can have her own tennis court. There's a lot more things that you can get. I just don't think I'm gonna be like you can look around the whole. I think I look past the whole like stigma of a country club, because there's a lot of other amenities you can get from it. That's why overall I'm like all right, like I can get behind it.
Speaker 7: I think the stigma of country clubs is going to be on the way out because what I where I agree with you is that stigma is those dudes are old as fuck now yeah, and they're not going to be there for it die. So it's like people that live in Nashville are going to be those people that you're talking about that are out of Richland or at a troubadoor.
Speaker 10: Honestly, Richard's already starting a little more like that, like they're everyone knows okay, So I won and golf with them.
Speaker 2: I knew him from like way back in the day, and he uh like he's one of the first brought me there to golf.
Speaker 10: And he like pulled up like honking, like has a bunch of drinks, screaming. There's this old ass dude hitting and like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like trying to be proper, like I understand how country clubs are, and I don't know what this ViBe's like.
Speaker 1: And the old guy turns. She goes about to have a good idea out there, aren't you kid?
Speaker 10: Yeap, that's my heart so you literally sorry, dude, like you probably He's like, oh no, this ain't this vibe. Like we're just temp like it kind of like still Warris because I've heard like you gotta work collared shirt tucked in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, fuck this, fuck that. Yeah, Like I'm not I don't co sign to that, you know on tuck after the first hop. That's why I but I still agree it's pretty to appreciate a nice tuck, but have to we're running out time. We're running out of time. Yeah, you're about to be a cowboy ship dude. This has been It's been an amazing two hours.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: How anybody that has a dog listened up. Dogs will eat anything, shoes, toilet paper, garbage, even kibble. Hell, my freaking English bulldog threw up the other day and then fucking ate the throw up. But just because of lead, it doesn't mean it's healthy food. Here's an idea. What if dogs ate real food, real food for real dogs. Feeds your dog, the farmer's dog. It's fresh, real healthy food with whole meat and veggies, gently cooked in human grade kitchens to preserve the nutritional value. Waffle, I've got a shout out specifically my English bulldog.
Speaker 1: Waffle.
Speaker 2: She was once sixty six pounds overweight, heavy dry patches on her back. This is back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: She was a young pup. We took her to a vet. They're like, hey, she's got to lose weight. She's got to lose weight. They would recommend stuff left and right. She would never every time we took her back she would still be in the sixties until he came across organically, the Farmer's dog, who is now a sponsor of the Boys, which we need to get on this code going on because i feel like I've been doing guy's work for them for the last few weeks, but they've been serving waffle for the last few years.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: And I'm not shitting you. She went from in the sixties, so she is now a trim, slim, highly energetic dog at forty four pounds. She runs all day long in the backyard and I'm not shitting you. You bring her inside, you have to make her drink water because you know English bulldogs, they get the short snouts, they can't breathe Get fifty percent off your first box of fresh healthy food at the Farmersdog dot Com slash bussing, Plus you get free shipping. Just go to the Farmer's Dog dot Com the Farmersdog dot Com slash bussing to get fifty percent off and free shipping. That's the Farmersdog dot Com slash bussing.
Speaker 9: Guys that cannot recommend the Farmer's Dog enough eat Farmer's Dog, save your dog's life or get them slim, trim and energetic.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode. Our tear talk this week is going to be Nickelodeon Cartoon characters. Go ahead, JP, start us off, brother, all right.
Speaker 4: My Tier three arguably one of the coolest Nickelodeon characters out there, and that is Auto Rocket.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, shout out the boy. Auto Rockett was dope.
Speaker 4: Here two one of my obviously one of my other favorite cartoon characters and characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the show. Oh I thought we were doing shows. I'm glad you. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Here two goes to Ultra Lord Sheen from Jimmy Neutron. Sheen still provides values in my life to this day, and he honestly gets even better and Sheen is a gift that keeps on giving. And Tier one SpongeBob. You can't beat SpongeBob. SpongeBob embodies everything that we should all want to be. Positive attitude, hard worker, never complaining, and just trying to build community with those closest to them.
Speaker 1: There's nothing but optimism. Yeah, man, so those are that's my my list.
Speaker 4: With that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give it to him, but yeah, one word Jack to describe solid studs fucking lift sick. What's your word to describe it? Dave? His list?
Speaker 11: Yeah, all it means Ard took that set incredible, incredible, outstanding. Do you want us to go before you? I'll girl, you want to go, I'm ready, I go ahead. My oh, my honorable mention. And this was probably my first show that I fell in love with as a young little wolf pup Rocco from Rocco's Modern Life. I loved Rocco is homie heifer, Spunky, his dog. I love the frog, the frog neighbors, his boss and the wife.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I loved Roco's Modern Life. But shout out the boy Roco. That's my honorable mention. My Tier three is going to be a cat dog. Loved cat dog growing up. I love cat dogs so much. Like when they were trying to make products, like food products. Outside of the one where uh cat is getting dog buffet shit to compete, he's just like on basically like roided out. That was a great episode. But the episode where they're like making a product and like my young dumb self, I try like making like you know, jelly sugar, putting stuff onto like I'm trying to like create things in the kitchen. But my Tier three cat dog, my Tier two a little unorthodox, but he was one of my favorite characters, probably my favorite person to enjoy coming into a scene, and it's Twister Rodriguez from Rocket Power. Just an incredible best friend. I out of Rocket was funny. He's, you know, kind of dumb, but Twister he always had a good head on a show and he hated being called Maurice by his older brother. But shout out the boy Twister. I love Twister. And by the way, a little side shout out. He didn't make the list at all, but you got to give a shout out to to Tito and he'd always drop He'd always drop wisdom on those boys. He always loved Tito. And then the only other time, only other state of mine, he'd be in his sadness and then they all throw some surprise part of their lift of spirits. But Tito was a stud in there as well. My tier one is going to be probably without fully having probably thirty minutes to digest all this. But my favorite show in the nineties and it was Hey, Arnold, But my Tier One's gonna go to Arnold. I felt like in every in every episode there was a lesson to be had, and Arnold was the best. I felt like just the show overall. They had the right characters, and everything else. The whole woogie Woogey wiogey, the Boy, Arnold football head, shout out the boy. I think he deserves his flowers for tier.
Speaker 9: One seems like, hey, NLD embodies exactly what ja C tratter and bodies. He was always like, yeah, you pick up the money and give it to you. He was always doing the right and ask him.
Speaker 1: Was her hair own fan?
Speaker 9: Yeah, face his entire life, Arnold Twister, cat Dog Rocko, whoh.
Speaker 1: Old head their mind in nineties baby.
Speaker 4: Theme songs. Oh yeah, that's my favorite ones. Tall you get the word, David, I don't have a word.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got one, I got one. Fuck nostalgia.
Speaker 9: Day.
Speaker 1: You want to go, David, the Boy does have to leave here soon. Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, we definitely get this thing going. I gotta get the nobody got.
Speaker 9: Honorable mention is going to go from one individual character, obviously, because they're all individual characters of the Angry Beavers, and.
Speaker 1: That is three flower dude. The cool calm collected there was.
Speaker 9: I mean it was Angry Beavers, but really he was always kind of the voice to reason if things got a little out of hand, He's like, hey man, it's all good. Don't worry about it. He was always dealing with the other guy. Get a little too fucking wild. My Tier three is going to go to Tommy Pickles. Tommy Pickles was a leader, He was a risk taker. He always got everybody dialed in, and when Angelica would come around, he would just let her do her thing. He every once when I get a little upset, but he would always figure out a way to make the best out of a tough situation, especially getting out of that damn pen to help everybody out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My tier two is going to go to Patrick Starr.
Speaker 9: Seems like the old ultimate side character in my opinion, his comedic relief to some real problems they had out there.
Speaker 1: He had some He had some moments, dude.
Speaker 9: When he was trying to blow a bubble at SpongeBob's bubble stand, literally me and tears. As a child, I thought was so funny, hilarious, dumb, but hilarious and always is what they were ready to ride with the boys.
Speaker 1: And my tier one is gonna have to go to Twister Rodriguez.
Speaker 9: He was I loved watching Rocket Power It's my It's my favorite probably cartoon of all time, and seeing Auto Rocket out there. I thought I loved Auto, but he thought he took things a little too serious. And the only thing, like you said, with being called Maurice, he would have a hard time with that. But other than that, man always like kind of cool doing his thing. Never really wanted to be like the best like Auto did. He was really just like embodied chill boy vibes. And I gotta give a big shout out to him. I was a huge fan of and that is my tears.
Speaker 4: Talk surprising, well rounded, solid, good classics.
Speaker 1: Twister's number one what was surprising. Twister took me by surprise. I love Twister man. Twitster took me by surprise.
Speaker 9: And then.
Speaker 2: The one, the one I really upset I did not hit was Tommy Pickles. Tommy Pickles low key is a competitor for tier one. I think Tommy Pickles, you grow up with Tommy Pickles. Second, ah, yeah, I know. I feel like each time we get a little bit better, we're gonna dial it in when one of these, make.
Speaker 9: Sure somebody writes that down because that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I know, bro, because we do need to do just Nickelodeon shows.
Speaker 9: But I agree secondary characters, no question, because that's you know, Twisters up there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm upset I didn't hit Tommy Pickles. And then Angry Beavers was surprising me. I think that's a phenomenal show, but I was surprise you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know why. When we first started doing this, I thought, like, man, Angry Beavers really was. When I looked up all the shows I really enjoyed, rock was Modern Life. But for some reason, I get so fired up when Angry Beavers came on. I just thought it was such a that's when you said, I'm like, well, I don't want to use that one now.
Speaker 1: You I don't even know.
Speaker 9: Their name, like the names, but like I had to look up tree flower Beavers. It was fucking solid. But yeah, I think I think I got my well ready when you are okay? So my Tier three is gonna be oh man, two and three are tough. I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: See. I think I'm gonna go with Squidward.
Speaker 10: He's the antagonist who SpongeBob and you need someone to shoot on, and you needed like that negative energy to balance out like the positives. Life's not all like a lot of I just enjoyed, just like the fact that he just came in did like you know, then he was just the opposite of everything that you know Patrick and spongebober about.
Speaker 1: So I liked I liked his balance to the show.
Speaker 9: I thought that, like, if you don't have him, it's too uh well, I could get totally uh call for this one, but it's like to Ted Lasso for me, where it's like too positive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Tier two then goes to Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents, mainly because I fucking love the show and I watched it all the time. But Cosmo was the epitome of just always would fuck up and I just enjoy like off the cuff stuff I enjoy, like then gotta be perfect.
Speaker 10: Kind of liked how he always kind of threw things around. I'm not looking for a message then need like a you know, a positive thing for me at the end of the day. And then number one Tier one, this is gonna be very controversial.
Speaker 1: Reptar. Reptar. So here's here's my reason. From rug Rats. He was not a main character, but he wasn't even a secondary You gotta let him listen.
Speaker 10: Reptr was the whole thing about like Rugrats that they were trying to do the most important thing to them was Reptar. And for me, like growing up, like I wanted like that's why I love Dinad, like the idea of like loving dinosaurs and like always going after like like the animal Reptart for me, I'm like that for me, like kind of was always something I went back to as like a child, like your stuffed animal, Like he was like my animated stuff animals.
Speaker 1: So that's for me.
Speaker 10: Like when there was a anytime Rugrats had repturn it, that was a good episode for me.
Speaker 4: Week lost me honest, thank you, controversial, solid, give your own r eating Yeah, I know almost almost.
Speaker 1: Let's start there, Mitchie almost why the first two or like three and two are really good for me?
Speaker 10: I was looking, I'm like I don't need like I never was a main character guy, and then I kept looking at like for me, I fucking loved Rugrats, but Reptar was that was like the.
Speaker 1: Mission was Reptar. I was a big yeah only doing that stuff, Like.
Speaker 10: I just like rerapped on my damn good and I feel like SpongeBob no fence, like that's the easy one to always like lean on and like he kind of kept on like after my childhood, So I'm not going to own it.
Speaker 1: Whereas like Rugrats was legit, I was a kid, like that's when it was there. It was profound.
Speaker 9: You well when I said lost me as soon as you made that Ted last Overmark, I had honestly with you. Again, I agree, I'm watching right now, but you just it's it is again. No, I I watched shitty shows. I'm not gonna say I'm not. I'm also not saying Ted is a shitty show. My god, I'm saying this.
Speaker 1: Haven't. No did Last different? Ted?
Speaker 10: I think Ted Lasso I really enjoyed season one, and then I think like it's it's fine. But like everyone's like, it's the greatest show, this is amazing. I'm like, dude, it's it's fine. I get the guys overly positive. There's great messages like always be authentically yourself, Like I see it all, but I'm like, is it like does it get me going? Does it get me tweeting? Like this is the greatest show. I can't believe like how everyone else is like Dick riding Ted Lasso. No, Like I and I have no problem full on a mini and it's not pessimistic because I'm not still not saying.
Speaker 1: The show is bad. I appreciate the show. I watched the show. I like the show.
Speaker 10: But when I see everyone basically, you know, like slurping up dick around like that, that show, ain't it that? It ain't what everyone else is saying, how it is? Dave is a fucking great show. That's it again, Ted Lasso is I'm not saying, like, is it funny? Is it a good show? All those all his boxes, but it's not like it's like again you is it? Can it make the list of someone like a like a tier like a tear talk It can make a tier talk list?
Speaker 1: Is it my tier one?
Speaker 9: No, it can't be because it hasn't gotten there at all through three seasons.
Speaker 1: God forbid. People love a show so much it's moved them to want to tweet about it, saying I just don't I actually don't think. I just don't think it's it. If you watch the show, Shory, oh yeah, what do you think about Shorty? Phenomenal? Thank you mean my taking your head off? Gonna baby angry beavers.
Speaker 10: If you had a bigger nose, it would definitely fit. But I mean, yeah, well, no, Shorty's fucking phenomenal. Uh, what's what's the other one? The Letter Kenny watching this phenomenal too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think Shors is the single greatest one season show I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I love it that much.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't need you to I don't need you to co sign that. No again, I don't like that. I could jump more on board with that than like Ted. Last's like a top three best show. I'm trying to get Will into just to watch, dude, it's just watch. I'm not I'm not against watching it.
Speaker 1: It's like very loud. It's like constant talking to zero dead space.
Speaker 10: Super witty too like and like and then the bantering and also throwing like I'm not even fucking Canadian, but like you can get on like with the idea of how like Nate Canaane's Trent talk because I've all seen Letter Kenny, so I see like it's just like it's craftic. I appreciate wit. If there's good witness show, you're probably gonna grab my attention. If it's just like, Okay, I always like to feel good. Okay, I get it, like hey, and then you get this, I'm going back to Ted, Like then you get the depressions.
Speaker 9: There's good win in Ted last year's writing. I just don't think there's enough wit to make a much different level. Yeah, and like it's it's it is an A level show. A lot of softballs in there. It's an A level show. I think it's a I think it meets smart idea. You could say, you could say C plus. I'd be like, yeah, I could probably throw in that that category. You should if you throw a right now, like you're doing what C plus that's a good show? You're you're like that, you're almost eighty plus is not a good show. D plus is seventy nine or seventy eight or seventy seven, seventy nine, seventy nine. A C plus is good for movies, not a TV show. If you're not on IMDb and you're not pushing eight plus, like I'm not really gonna fuck with you a whole lot big ratings guy with will Yeah, but you know, like it's like a horror film, you know what to bring the rating down, like if it's in the high fifties sixties, like you're looking at a decent horror film. Yeah, because it's it's such a like in movie in movies, upper Seven's works.
Speaker 1: It's a that's probably a very good that's probably a good movie. Why why woul't that work for TV shows? There's because there's different four X shows, defo, So you really gotta like nitty gritty like them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just because TV shows, you're gonna be spending a lot of time in that TV show.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my throw is breaking bad. Yeah, sons of Anarchy. I don't hear ted Lasso. No, no, yeah, ted Lass's out there? Boom all I said, is this now?
Speaker 1: Thank you dude? No, No, he didn't.
Speaker 2: I said, ted Lasso's a a I said. I said, ted lassos an a level show. Ted Lasto is a nine plus show at one o'clock, You've won the last You've won the war. Ted Lasto's nine plus level show. It's a well written show, and it's one of the best shows out right now currently.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that also could also mean that the the types of shows that are out right now aren't very good.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, have you seen shrinks relative drinking with that? I've heard that's really good. I'm the good.
Speaker 2: You might not like it, though, because it's written by the ted Lasso people. I don't have anything against the Ted last O people. I don't have any Again, I'm not like a college or a high school football coach goes over and coaches a club soccer.
Speaker 1: It does seem a little more realistic. Again, I think I think it's good unprojecting right now. Okay, what's your what's your favorite TV showing?
Speaker 4: With them?
Speaker 1: There's anger phone around this bus.
Speaker 9: I fucking I messed with Scrubs. That's probably my number one all time. But I feel like if from recency bias, I don't know, I haven't really watched a whole lot of shows. You nip nip tuck kind of guy you watch that, No, like a bunch of stacks, Narcos, Narcos.
Speaker 1: I was a big entourage guy. That's phenomena. Again, Like that's that, that's a phenomenal one.
Speaker 10: Like I would definitely like those ones, Like I could if I took the time actually looked at the list, I can easily put ten to fifteen shows before ten last. And that's that's not me trying to shit them. That's just like, no, we're being honest. I think there's ten to fifteen shows that have happened or happening that are better.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: I think if there's ten to fifteen and those are your north of C plus, then you need to get a little bit more well versed in TV.
Speaker 10: But I think there's a plenty of c pluses, Like, again, there's a lot of there's a lot of c plusters. How many sea plusters we got in here? There's any of us? There's c pluses in your top fifteen? Yeah, you know you guys are eight straight a's hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know not everybody's an A plus.
Speaker 9: Yeah, don't lie to yourself, you guys plus the top fifteen, I would see plus my top fifteen.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, look, I.
Speaker 2: Don't disagree that they're centered fifteen better than Ted Last. So I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's one of the better shows out on the team right now. It's a very good show.
Speaker 9: I don't think of another good show that I loved. But I don't know if I can put fifteen shows ahead of Ted last, though.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know unless.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 10: I think Loss was so good, though it didn't give me what you needed as it got towards the tailor and they feel like they started stretching it out too far. Like Yellowstones that way yell okay, so same same, I would I would definitely parallel them. Totally different shows, but you parallel them, those definitely were better because it like if I didn't, I just started watching Ted last, so that shows you like I was willing to wait a pretty long time before, like, oh the moment it came out, And that's again that's my personal like you want it it just like I didn't have. I didn't feel that necessity like oh, moment comes out, here to watch it. Whereas I remember Lost, I remember like Yellowstone, I binged the fuck out of Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yellowstones fire like again, Sometimes I'm just watching an hour of great views in Monta in a still great show, like the character moment phenomenal, like Lost was amazing and then and then it got kind of weird, but still I'm like, overall, great show.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't again.
Speaker 10: Breaking Bad was phenomenal, took you on an unbelievab journeys, some filler episodes, pretty pretty fist for sure at the end, brought it home great fucking gave you what you wanted.
Speaker 1: It was Breaking Bad a show that came out and like the whole season comes out at once or was week week.
Speaker 2: When I watched it, it was all on Netflix, So you're popping those thirty minute episodes.
Speaker 1: The entire time. I mean, I my buddy, I don't know if you're watching it on it and then I binged it.
Speaker 10: Probably watched the first three seasons like two or three times to bring other people in start over again because it was that good.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind watching, but it was so.
Speaker 10: It was awesome that shows again, like the ending, like you're gonna be like tamn, but like overall, you're not gonna I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he will if he watches in succession. I think a lot of people who watch it all in just succession, like just binging it. I think a lot of people enjoyed season eight. You said you're saying to binge it or not to binge it. I think if you watch it.
Speaker 9: Now way when you say Philip filler episodes, when you have filler episodes and you have to wait another week to see it, that's gonna piss you off. So like, oh, that show sucked. But if you're binging that filler episode, you're like, this is great because I need to know I know what happens now there's like there's two years in the middle of season, like the ending of seven and eight for ever, all of us just speculated every day. I mean I remember that, remember that every day look like, hey, here's a new theory, here's a new three. So then when the Hollywood theatrics of a you know was in eight, you're just so bummed because you had so many and one seeing.
Speaker 10: Fleabag by the way, dude, that would be one off one that's like a London European show. It fucking rips, dude, and it's it's uh working something like there's so many one spinoffs. I'm like everyone like this is the money heist. It's almost like it forced it. Go watch Fleabag. It's a it's a like a woman led like all about them, but are like focus on them. But like and again like you can have some bics back like they that might not be like it fucking rips. It won like awards and I totally agree, Like finally they're actually giving awards to good fucking shows, not just the one because it's the most popular.
Speaker 1: Like I I feel like ted Last is the most popular show. There's the really best show.
Speaker 10: It's the most proper because the most generic some sometimes the most proper is generic.
Speaker 1: Like we could use that. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: The way that show was developed though, is a really cool story. You should look into that.
Speaker 1: And I see again I don't have it. You should look into that for sure, because it's again I'm not I hate.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing a little too much hate on it. It's just gonna see C plus. Man, you're saying seven point nine, it's still last. That's still good. You're looking at Ted last. So we look it up, it'll probably be I mean eight and a half as easy to go.
Speaker 1: The way you guys are looking at pluses are way different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, point eight, I feel like that's a well, that's a very well positioned number for Ted Lasso me. I like, if I'm in there voting, I'm probably giving it like a nine to one. But that's not an a I know today.
Speaker 9: No eighty eight No, no, no, yeah, at eight point eight, that's eight eighty eight I mean plus Okay, so like again you C plus Hey, you know what, Like for me, it's got like if you want to sit so there B plus I said, beaded C plus Like I can get with it.
Speaker 10: But like for my scale, I would probably pull it back because once you that's eighty eight, there's gonna he definitely better shows than that, and then you're gonna have to like this one's gotta be nine one.
Speaker 1: The next thing you know, it's like, well, how.
Speaker 2: Much baby will have it? All I'm saying is eighty eight is a that's a good rated show. That's gonna be one where if if somebody bring it up, tares like, hey, you should check out Ted Last One.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard anything of it. I go to IMDb right away.
Speaker 2: If it's showing me eight point eight for over two hundred thousand people that's voted on it, then I'm crushing it.
Speaker 1: You or Ted Last Soon. I haven't seen you Netflix. Yeah, I aver redundant, man, I kind of died out of that. Have you seen the last season?
Speaker 8: No? I?
Speaker 10: Okay, the second the same fucking shit. I was like, if they do this shit again, I'm out. Really, And they fucking changed with the formula, which is scary. They put themselves on edge, but they fucking brought you back in and I'm like, this is what I'm talking about because again the form of the worst.
Speaker 9: Two seasons, like it's four now, okay, Yeah, yeah. I watched the first two seasons and I'm like, bro, this is the same ship.
Speaker 1: The second one, the ending, I was like, this is this is kind of doing I think I watched maybe two episodes of the third season. I was like, I got it. I got a better shit to do. Have you seen the last tame? Watch the last one? No? Oh, that's a good one. He has got to go.
Speaker 9: You're right, I got to get a call. I'm so fu Yeah, hey, please subscribe. Rate five stars, big hugs, tiny kisses. H